Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Fri May 15, 2020 6:50 am

JIC: 1d100 = 28 1d20 = 4
Perc: 68% / 1d100 = 35

Graven wrote: quote: Lady, you speak of veiled peace while your men attack. This was a false flag of truce, to distract and let yours get inside."


Graven wrote: "Battle does not scare us! We have held our lands for generations against other tribes or Orc and Man. I already offered to take you to meet Or’Kall. Your people continue to attack. But whomever you have sent will find we are not lambs to slaughter."


Answering the oncoming orc's Silhouette argues practically stomping a foot in the air spasmodically saying,"Not treachery, I alone hold my blade so long as you yours." Nodding her head Silhouette says to Graven's argument that they are not afraid of battle in a matter of fact tone,"Cowardice kept you alive too, as you bravely flee north." She mocked them, but a little mockery highlighted the honest reality that bravery had only so much to do with life and battle. Telepathically Silhouette imparts to Graven,"And what did bravery alone do to keep your home, you who hadn't even seen your enemy before fleeing? Do your men know?" Leveraging the surprise of her psychic means to suggest to the orc that she was more than her leather-clad feminine appearance.

Telepathic probe results from previous GM post as a citation: Any symbols or icons that identify this enemy?
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?p=1372012#p1372012

Graven was not at any of the battles against this army, so he has seen no symbols or icons. Some have been described, with varying degrees of detail, to him a second hand by survivors. The symbols match with human norms, though trying to identify any one of them (much less second hand) would truly be work for herald.


A moment's curiosity strikes her as she probes,"What circumstance kept you from participating in the battle's for your homeland?"

Rising several feet from the wall in flight she cocks her head as she raises her arms in a shrug, but her nonchalance was a fair charade as she wonders how to tame Predat's violence. Maybe she had spent too much time inside Llorn's walls. The life there was dangerous, but fights seemed to end with withdrawal and changing stance in defeat. Not as much blood and stubbornness. Thinking of Predat she telepathically asks Ramsis hoping for someone of her party who will at least try,"I'm fine here, tell Predat below I'm trying to build something here, not tear it all down however dilapidated this Keep is? Try not to kill orcs. Try."

Stalling if not adding to her argument she asks Graven,"You need weapons as like your enemies used?"

"She knew what they would do to fight here if Llorn went to battle with them. They would reach for any power offered in exchange for an illusion of defense here and the might to retake their lands via dark gods, perhaps the wolfen, but probably cultists. Netosa. She didn't know how to turn the minds of people whose ideas were so foreign but knew if she didn't somehow... Did it take a literal knife to their throats or would that breed resentment? They seem to only see their southern occupied lands as a temporary problem not threatened by the East as an enemy in turn."

Thinking she wonders if there is anything she'd read about orc's and what encouraged them into making alliances, it at all outside their race. History: Orc 47% / 1d100 = 49

Turning her head slightly at the glow in the forest Silhouette's senses sink in disappointment as much as if she'd sighed in feeling defeat at trying to forestall slaughter of these orcs. Whatever that light meant, it certainly was a reinforcement of the orcs and of her realization that the negotiations had decayed if some other priest was stirring trouble. Telepathically she reaches out to the forest in search of Tyral with the question "What happens?"

Telepathically Silhouette probes from the speaking orc,"What and who is Algoth?"

Conditions: Sixth Sense; Telepathy, Superior, Sustain (5 days), Flight of the Eagle; Thermal Vision(500ft; thermal through 4 inches of all but dirt/stone)
Bill:
P.P.E.: -13
I.S.P.: -8


Dodge: +11 (+9 base; +2 Eagle)
Parry: +14 (+10 base; +1 Eagle; +3 Dagger)
JIC Parry or Dodge: 1d20 = 8 1d20 = 12 1d20 = 1 1d20 = 20 1d20 = 17 1d20 = 16 1d20 = 12

Init: 1d20+5 = 21
Actions 8
Contingencies: Dodge attacks that can't be parried, like ranged. Fly to keep distance unless somehow pressed to melee.
Action 1: Cast Armor of Ithan in response to apparent aggression (-12 PPE)
Action 2: Draw Foebane Dagger of Good and Attack arms or legs to disable: 1d20+9 = 25 / DMG: 1d6+12 = 16
Action 3: Draw Foebane Dagger of Good and Attack arms or legs to disable: 1d20+9 = 13 / DMG: 1d6+12 = 18
Action 4: Draw Foebane Dagger of Good and Attack arms or legs to disable: 1d20+9 = 24 / DMG: 1d6+12 = 17
Action 5: Draw Foebane Dagger of Good and Attack arms or legs to disable: 1d20+9 = 18 / DMG: 1d6+12 = 16
Action 6: Draw Foebane Dagger of Good and Attack arms or legs to disable: 1d20+9 = 28 / DMG: 1d6+12 = 13
Action 7: Draw Foebane Dagger of Good and Attack arms or legs to disable: 1d20+9 = 24 / DMG: 1d6+12 = 17
Action 8: Draw Foebane Dagger of Good and Attack arms or legs to disable: 1d20+9 = 23 / DMG: 1d6+12 = 15
Last edited by Silhouette on Fri May 15, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Fri May 15, 2020 7:09 pm

((Rolls Held))

POST -
Thinking of Predat she telepathically asks Ramsis hoping for someone of her party who will at least try, "I'm fine here, tell Predat below I'm trying to build something here, not tear it all down however dilapidated this Keep is? Try not to kill orcs. Try."


With a mental nod Ramsis flies off. "On it. I will try but ain't gonna promise." As his feet leave the ground, 'Righton, attend me." He flies to where Predat was last seen. He will then lower himself feet down slowly. As he goes down, he checks the windows. When he sees Predat, he heads to that window.
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Sun May 17, 2020 12:20 pm


Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 0015.75
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: North of Hadrian's Cove





Hovering amongst the rafters above the remains of a gurgoyle, Predat glares defiantly down at the trio of spear-wielding sub-demon who seem to be spreading out slightly. The uninjured one farthest to Predat’s left[1] shoots a meaningful look at the one on the far right[3] whose eyes widen and responds with a definite ‘no’ headshake. Predat continues to smile at them, not that they can see anything of the sort through his menacing helmet and says, "So fools, are you all ready to surrender yet? No … excellent!".

The assassin dives in to deliver a slashes the injured gurgoyle [2] before his healing can finish and while the others seem distracted. He succeeds in landing a telling blow as the others leap into action. From the left a spear jabs at the assassin’s face which is parried and a half-moment Predat’s 6th sense gives him enough of a twinge to dodge before 900lb of gurgoyle sail through the space where he had hovered. The injured gurgoyle stabs at Predat which is easily parried before the eandroth delivers a savage stab in return that sends his attacker stumbling back to take a knee. There is no time to savor the moment though, an arm shoots past the right sight of his head from behind and even as the eandroth attempts to dodge, the arm sinks elbow deep in a choke hold round his neck and suddenly you have a 900lb weight on your back and a severe cranking feeling in your neck [-26 sdc] and something grab around his torso. A quick reversal of the blade and Predat is stabbing down into what he assumes is going to be a thigh. This is followed in immediate succession by a bellow in his ear by his grappling partner. As you twist the blade in someone’s wound, a pair of hands clamp down on your forearm [-30 Armor] and strong as you are you feel yourself pulled down towards the ground (OOC: You can no longer fly freely, the combined weight of 2 gurgoyles exceeds your max lifting weight). Like the oddest bucking-bull ever, Predat thrashes, tries to spin, and bucks in mid-air to try and dislodge the gurgoyles. Predat feels something wrap around his left leg like a constrictor and hears a crack next to his right ear as the helmet buckles slightly [-32 Armor].

Anchored to the ground by a combined 1800lbs of angry gurgoyle, Predat spots the 3rd of the trip kneeling and clutching the wound the assassin had opened up.

Ramsis holds his unique weapon at the ready and channels mystic energy [-20 PPE] into the stone he has loaded there. He speaks first to Sil, then the Gargoyles, “Just say the word, Lass … You three, cover!” This draws a blank look from the large Gargoyles who continue to block the trapdoor. The smaller version hovers shortly behind Silhouette’s left shoulder (as previously directed). Ramsis takes a step closer to Sil. “Plan??” Silhouette argues vehemently back at Graven, "Not treachery, I alone hold my blade so long as you yours … Cowardice kept you alive too, as you bravely flee north." She mocked them, but a little mockery highlighted the honest reality that bravery had only so much to do with life and battle.

With a roar of fury, Graven charges forward and slashes at Silhouette’s hovering form [OOC: Telepathic probes and further attempts to explore the mind are being foregone for battle contingencies]. With unexpected speed, Graven’s blade cuts through the air and bites deeply into Silhouette’s left leg [-49 SDC]. Pain clouds the changeling’s vision for a moment as she flies backwards over the edge of the wall to over in mid-air and cast Armor of Ithan [-12 PPE, 180 SDC, 18 AR] and draw her dagger. As she does so, 3 more Orcs come charging around the battlements and up behind Graven …

Silhouette lunges in like a wasp with a stinger for a moment and stabs at Graven’s leg as she passes, connecting with his arm she hears a grunt of acknowledgement before the chieftain’s own blade is arcing towards her neck. Her 1-pound knife is hardly pressed to parry the might of a 2-handed claymore swung by an Orc of nearly 300lbs (and is comparably as strong as Silhouette). She is successful but has doubts the weapon would hold up to continuous use in such manner. "Azoth!" exclaims one of the Orcs accompanying Graven as the newcomers take defensive positions.

Suddenly Silhouette feels a wave of dizziness, confusion and disorientation come over her [effects below]. She slashes at Graven a couple more times, but is unable to connect with satisfaction.

The din of shields being beaten as drums from the forest edge like the heartbeat of some distant beast and Ramsis calls “We got trouble. That was a portal, similar to what brought my friends. We need to do something.” Ramsis cracks his neck and takes a shooting stance. “I say again. Just say the word …” yet he gauges that Silhouette who is dodging in and out of close quarters with a knife (and Tiny who is trying to keep up) would still be well inside the radius of an exploding rock launched by his Shockwave …

*** Meanwhile in the Shadow Colonies ... Doctor Ravenscroft and Margaret listen to the pounding on the door. “OPEN IN THE NAME OF THE KING!!!” a loud voice commands, and the both of them glance over towards Wojak, the Wizard who had said he could send them away to the South. In dark robes of crushed velvet the old human swayed while his hands wove through the air. The incantation was more intricate than anything Bertrand had in his own repertoire, and it had cost them 2,000 gold but if this worked, they would be weeks travel from here with no trail for the Valgorian Guard to follow. If the door held, they would all be at a deserted Keep in the Eastern Territories in just a minute ... the door frame burst open showering splinters into the room just as all went white and black, and there was a … the sensation of teleportation was difficult to describe but suddenly Margaret and Ravencroft were most definitely not in a room rented above a tavern in Lothea. They stood on the battlements of a small keep under the night sky, but it was not deserted and Wojak was presently tumbling over the wall with a crossbow-bolt through the eye. Lady Margaret and Doctor Ravenscroft got the distinct feeling that this was a frying pan and fire situation as a couple huge winged things were standing about 50’ away, people are yelling in Gobbley, and that might damn well be the sound of steel ringing on steel …
(OOC: You seem to be on an Eastern wall, North of a confrontation of some kind you cannot see very well because you don't have nightvision)


Butcher's Bill:
Pedat: -150 SDC to Armor, -77 SDC (Grappled/Pinned ... but y'know floating)
Ramsis: -45 PPE, 1 charged stone
**Tiny
**Lefty
**Wrighton
Silhouette: -49 SDC, -25 PPE, -8 ISP, -2 Strike/Parry/Dodge, -½ Attacks, -20% Skills
Doc:
Margaret:
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Doctor Ravenscroft » Sun May 17, 2020 5:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14; 1d100 = 23
Conditions: Sixth Sense.

Skills: Prowl 1d100 = 69/35% Fail (To make himself unseen by the stuff around him.)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100 = 6/55% Pass (What is the winged creature.)

Ya-Blik wrote:Meanwhile in the Shadow Colonies, Doctor Ravenscroft and Margaret listen to the pounding on the door. “OPEN IN THE NAME OF THE KING!!!” a loud voice commands, and the both of them glance over towards Wojak, the Wizard who had said he could send them away to the South. In dark robes of crushed velvet the old human swayed while his hands wove through the air. The incantation was more intricate than anything Bertrand had in his own repertoire, and it had cost them 2,000 gold but if this worked, they would be weeks travel from here with no trail for the Valgorian Guard to follow. If the door held, they would all be at a deserted Keep in the Eastern Territories in just a minute ... the door frame burst open showering splinters into the room just as all went white and black, and there was a … the sensation of teleportation was difficult to describe but suddenly Margaret and Ravencroft were most definitely not in a room rented above a tavern in Lothea. They stood on the battlements of a small keep under the night sky, but it was not deserted and Wojak was presently tumbling over the wall with a crossbow-bolt through the eye. Lady Margaret and Doctor Ravenscroft got the distinct feeling that this was a frying pan and fire situation as a couple huge winged things were standing about 50’ away, people are yelling in Gobbley, and that might damn well be the sound of steel ringing on steel …



Doctor Ravenscroft watches the wizard fall to his death and immediately panics. The necromancer drops low and begins to strain his eyes against the dark. Trying to see what threats may be about. This place was supposed to be abandoned. Idiot, did you not scry it before hand. Ravenscroft thinks harshly towards the deceased wizard. "Madam, you may wish to seek cover, there is something wrong with our arrival destination." Bertrand says in hushed tones, as he unlimbers his short bow and nocks an arrow, but doesn't draw it back. Damn it all.
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft


HP: 34
S.D.C.: 15
P.P.E.: 55
I.S.P.: 27


Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger


Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Magpie » Tue May 19, 2020 10:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 75 / 21%
JIC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 52

Skill Rolls:
Intelligence: 1d100 = 42 / 48% (to get a better idea of what's going on)
Prowl: 1d100 = 27 / 35% (to stay undetected)

Ya-Blik wrote:Doctor Ravenscroft and Margaret listen to the pounding on the door. “OPEN IN THE NAME OF THE KING!!!” a loud voice commands, and the both of them glance over towards Wojak, the Wizard who had said he could send them away to the South. In dark robes of crushed velvet the old human swayed while his hands wove through the air.

Margaret glances over her shoulder at the nearby wooden door. Her heart pounds, almost in rhythm with the soldiers with the sounds of the soldiers trying to force their way into the chamber. "Hurry, old man," she urges Wojak, turning her attention back to the wizard. Or else we're all dead. Seconds later, the door flies open just as Margaret and the two mages are whisked out of sight.

Ya-Blik wrote:… the sensation of teleportation was difficult to describe but suddenly Margaret and Ravencroft were most definitely not in a room rented above a tavern in Lothea. They stood on the battlements of a small keep under the night sky, but it was not deserted and Wojak was presently tumbling over the wall with a crossbow-bolt through the eye.

Teleportation takes its toll on Margaret and she finds herself feeling quite sick. She lifts a gloved hand to her mouth, fighting the urge to vomit as she gains her bearings. As Wojak falls over the edge of the wall, she moves to edge as well, hoping to spot where he might have landed. The low light doesn't help her. Margaret sighs with frustration, and mutters, "2,000 gold...tsk..." She briefly wonders where they are exactly, then the sounds of a nearby fight reaches her ears.

Doctor Ravenscroft wrote:"Madam, you may wish to seek cover, there is something wrong with our arrival destination."

Margaret nods, and tries to keep herself hidden whilst drawing her weapons.
Lady Margaret Evensen
P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 25
S.D.C.: 9

Leather of Iron:
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 100
• Modifiers: Impervious to Fire [Normal fire no damage, Magic fire 1/2 damage]
User avatar
Magpie
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Doctor Ravenscroft » Tue May 19, 2020 1:19 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Bertrand looks to Margaret and back to where Wojak met his demise. I could summon his corpse... but that would draw attention to us. Maybe climb down the wall and get him. Seems an awful waste of a body. Bertrand thinks before shuffling closer to Margaret. "I may have need of Wojak's corpse, should we climb down after it?" The Doctor says in a hushed whisper. Maybe hold off on casting spells until I know what we're dealing with.

Doctor Ravenscroft closes his eyes for a moment and concentrates on his familiar Gunther. "My friend take a quick flight around so I can see what is going on, stay well away from anything that remotely scares you." The Doctor mentaly commands towards the Raven. The Doctor keeps his eyes closed for several long moments watching the world through the familiar's eyes.
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft


HP: 34
S.D.C.: 15
P.P.E.: 55
I.S.P.: 27


Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger


Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Wed May 20, 2020 9:49 am

Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 48
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 18
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 60

PPE: 84/84
SDC: 23/23
HP: 36/36

POST -
Ramsis leaps from the ground, with a curse. Stopping 50 ft up, he aims his stone thrower. His target is somewhere on the ground bhind Graven but hitting his backup goons. As the stone hits, he bellows ”Enough!! Play fair!!” He then uses his flight to dodge any return fire that there may be. ”Wrighton, Help Predat.” Stopping for a heartbeat, Ramsis dives and tries to grab his berdiche. As he completes the dive for his weapon, he aims to his berdiche, or using his body if he misses, for Graven as he rises back up. ”I trust in the will of Tark that the other two beasts will listen.”




ACTIONS -
A1) Shoot Shockwave - Strike: 1d20 = 18 / Damage: 2d6 = 11 to 24' AoE
+shockwave effect - 14+ required to roll w/impact if in AoE / 88% chance of knockdown (3d4 = 8 yards) for things up to 500 lbs / Penalties: 1d100 = 22/ 40% chance of losing handheld items, lose init, -2 APM
A2) Speak to gargoyle 2
A3) Dive for Berdiche / Strike to snatch: 1d20 = 17 /
A4) IF GRAB WEAPON - strike Graven: 1d20 = 17 / Damage: 3d6 = 11
OR
A4) IF UNARMED - strike Graven: 1d20 = 1 / Damage: 1d4 = 2
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Magpie » Wed May 20, 2020 12:06 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

"Did Wojak have the gold on him?" Margaret whispers, thinking to herself that the money is more useful than a dead body. She strains her eyes, hoping to get a better look at the confrontation taking place. "I'm not much of a climber," she admits to the doctor. "Perhaps there are stairs in the opposite direction."
Lady Margaret Evensen
P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 25
S.D.C.: 9

Leather of Iron:
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 100
• Modifiers: Impervious to Fire [Normal fire no damage, Magic fire 1/2 damage]
User avatar
Magpie
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Thu May 21, 2020 9:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 77 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 75 1d20 = 14

Conditions: Sustain (5 days), Fly as the Eagle; Chameleon, Nightvision;
-Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
--Intimidate: Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
--When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
--Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
--A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Predat's smile is getting bigger. Nothing like wrestling with demons to end the day. Well this is amusing predicament, slowly sinking to the ground with two demons holding on for dear life. In Gobbley, "Okay now it is time to stop being the nice lizard." Pre works on throwing off the Gurgoyles and continues to strike at them with Toothpick. Pre's heart just continues beating even more strongly.

APM: 12
Init: 1d20+6 = 13

Action 1: Dodge to get out of the grapple: 1d20+12 = 16
Action 2: Dodge to get out of the grapple: 1d20+12 = 27
Action 3: Continue to strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 19; Damage: 4d6+27 = 36
Action 4: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 16; Damage: 4d6+27 = 43
Action 5: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 30; Damage: 4d6+27 = 45
Action 6: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 16; Damage: 4d6+27 = 41
Action 7: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 19; Damage: 4d6+27 = 46
Action 8: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 22; Damage: 4d6+27 = 37
Action 9: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 16; Damage: 4d6+27 = 38
Action 10: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 27; Damage: 4d6+27 = 43
Action 11: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 26; Damage: 4d6+27 = 42
Action 12: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 23; Damage: 4d6+27 = 36

Parry: 1d20+14 = 28 1d20+14 = 23 1d20+14 = 31 1d20+14 = 32 1d20+14 = 24 1d20+14 = 17 1d20+14 = 18 1d20+14 = 17 1d20+14 = 30 1d20+14 = 26 1d20+14 = 20 1d20+14 = 18 1d20+14 = 18 1d20+14 = 27 1d20+14 = 23 1d20+14 = 27 1d20+14 = 23 1d20+14 = 31 1d20+14 = 17 1d20+14 = 15
Dodge: 1d20+12 = 26 1d20+12 = 20 1d20+12 = 25 1d20+12 = 15 1d20+12 = 19 1d20+12 = 15 1d20+12 = 15 1d20+12 = 18 1d20+12 = 32 1d20+12 = 16 1d20+12 = 15 1d20+12 = 29
RWP: 1d20+9 = 20 1d20+9 = 17 1d20+9 = 20 1d20+9 = 28 1d20+9 = 16 1d20+9 = 13 1d20+9 = 18 1d20+9 = 17 1d20+9 = 25 1d20+9 = 19 1d20+9 = 22 1d20+9 = 16

Contingency: Pre will continue to dodge to throw of the grapple as necessary.
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 210
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Fri May 22, 2020 11:49 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 28
Perc: 68% / 1d100 = 85


Rising twenty-five to rest above Ramsis and his gargoyles, Silhouette shakes out her leg as apparent toxins flush her skin and the abnormal taste of copper tinges her tongue as she realizes with a touch of admiration,"Oh, poison?" Before long it turns sour as she inwardly curses,"Twice! Poisoned twice in a month!" She activates Impervious to Poison in defense, though only that it will ameliorate the greater harm. (Identify poison: 66% / 1d100 = 94) (For what she's inflicted with.)

(OOC: Poison reduced by 1/2 potency, so that'll get her a prorated 4 actions remaining due to reduced potency.)

Silhouette prepares for the fight resolving herself to the clear lack of response as she hoped, though she did feel a tinge of regret for mocking Graven. She should have expected the subtlety of the jab would miss the mark. (Resist Damage (-25 ISP) and Strength of the Mind. (-10 ISP)) As she fortifies herself she looks to the woods with her thermal vision, trying to identify anything that isn't Tyral's flying form crossing the cleared expanse between the treeline and walls with unusual means of transport, like flight or a loping gate.

Silhouette uses the Foebane Dagger of Good in hand, turning its power to identify the strongest of the orcs below her. If that orc is not Graven and didn't get tossed down the battlement by Ramsis explosion she will telepathically impart in hopes that it is Algoth in an attempt to turn that one against the fool Graven for attacker her,"Graven fled your enemy without fighting. Ask him of your foes banner, he will not know it's look." Sil wonders after to herself,"Maybe this one will be smarter. Will any orc be smarter? What if they are all complicit in this cowardice?" Inwardly she sighs in frustration,"There are a lot of children out in those woods, I don't really want to have a hand in the death of... No, there has to be one smart orc in charge before this genocide begins!"



Conditions: Armor of Ithan (190SDC AR18), Sixth Sense; Telepathy, Superior, Sustain (5 days), Flight of the Eagle; Thermal Vision(500ft; thermal through 4 inches of all but dirt/stone)
Bill: -49 SDC, -25 PPE, -8 ISP, -2 Strike/Parry/Dodge, -½ Attacks, -20% Skills
Dodge: +11 (+9 base; +2 Eagle, -1 poison)
Parry: +14 (+10 base; +1 Eagle; +3 Dagger, -1 poison)
JIC Parry or Dodge: 1d20 = 19 1d20 = 14 1d20 = 18 1d20 = 19 1d20 = 3 1d20 = 3
Init: 1d20+5 = 18
Actions: (8) 4
Action 1: Impervious to Poison/Toxin -4 ISP / Rises 25ft to rest above Ramsis and his gargoyles.
(Lowers potency of poison; left with 4 actions after being prorated.) -1 Strike/Parry/Dodge, -1/4 Attacks, -10% Skills

Action 2: Resist Damage -25 ISP (As she fortifies herself she looks to the woods with her thermal vision, trying to identify anything that isn't Tyral's flying form crossing the cleared expanse between the treeline and walls with unusual means of transport, like flight or a loping gate.)

Action 3: Strength of Mind -10 ISP

Action 4: Uses Foebane Dagger of Good power to identify the most powerful enemy below(see ooc tag below)

Action 5: Telepathically accosts the most powerful entity,"Graven fled your enemy without fighting. Ask him of your invaders banner, he will not know its look." Invoke Trust: 70% /1d100 = 39

Cost of powers used: -39 ISP

Impervious to Poison/Toxin
ISP (4)
Range: Self; Duration: 2 minutes (8 melees)
The character can negate the full effects of poisons and toxic chemicals that she has ingested (eaten or drank) or introduced into the bloodstream, as long as he/she has advanced knowledge of its deadly properties. A poison, toxin, or drug which has been unknowingly inflicted (and starting to take effect) can be negated too, but will do half damage or effect before it can be completely negated. Bonuses: Identify poisons: 30%+4% per level of experience; +2 to save vs poisons and drugs.

Foebane
(3x daily)( Enables the user to identify the strongest life force (level/hit points/S.D.C/brute strength) among the enemies before him.)

Resist Damage
ISP: (25) (Rifter 25)
Duration: 5 minutes/lvl; takes 1/2 (S.D.C or direct to Hit point) damage from any fall, impact, punch, bullet, or energy attack, even damage from magic or psionic, after which the biofeedback field absorbs the first 5 (S.D.C. or H.P.) of damage from each attack. Carried items not protected.

Strength of the Mind
ISP (10)
(Rifter 25) 2 minutes/lvl; The psychic gains +10 to P.S., +5 to P.E. and +20 S.D.C. for the duration & Supernatural Strength & Endurance.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Sat May 23, 2020 11:50 pm

”Escaping Holds”
PFRPG Pg 45: Getting out of a hold requires agility. Both the victim and attacker roll twenty-sided dice and add in their P.P. attribute scores. The person doing the hold also gets to add in all his bonuses to hold and from the P.P. attribute (if any). High roll wins! If the attacker wins, then the hold continues. If the victim wins, then the hold is released and combat can continue.
So Predat’s Roll to Escape was 1d20+25 (his PP)
Conversely the Gurgoyles’ Hold Roll is 1d20+(their PP)+(PP-Bonus)


Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 0016.00
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: North of Hadrian's Cove





Like the most frustrated and wild of riding beasts trying to throw an abusive and unwelcome rider, Predat bucks, spins and reels trying to throw off his back and free himself from the hands gripping his Toothpick wielding forearm. "Okay now it is time to stop being the nice lizard.”. Like a kite thrashing against a tether in a windstorm, the Eandroth tries to whomp and twist the creature on his back off but it squeezes on his neck and helm with 2 arms, legs locked around your body along with what feels like a tail wrapped like a constrictor around your left leg [-25 to SDC] … However the double hands enveloping Predat’s forearms anchor him from rising more than 5 or so feet off the ground however after no small amount of effort (4 APM), Predat manages to throw his assailant off his back and tossing the creature 10 feet through the air along with his helmet. Suddenly un-encumbered by the 1st gurgoyle, the 2nd (attached to Predat’s forearm) swings the eandroth into a wall before he manages to twist free spinning out into the southwest corner to hover and try to regain his bearings.

Looking around Predat sees that the last gurgoyle is standing by the North wall, though he has definite and serious wounds. The 1st gurgoyle (thrown) crouches before the window, a shard of your mask in 1 hand spear in the other. The 2nd gurgoyle (who had Predat by the arm) reaches for a fallen spear just in time for the assassin to sink his blade into its side. It attempts to scramble away but Predat furiously stabs again sinking his blade in to cut deeply. As time closes the eandroth is facing down 2 injured (1 badly) and 3rd who seems largely fine.

Meanwhile up on the roof, Ravenscroft sends his familiar up into the sky to get an aerial view. He sees that there is a river off to the east side with several small boats including one just drifting away from shore. The winged creature, no creatures, to your south are Gargoyles if you are not mistaken. Margaret drops low and draws her shortsword as an explosion blossoms to the southwest some and things go sideways (for someone, because this is not calm). Utilizing the Raven’s keen eyes the Doctor garners a bit of vertigo but he sees there’s a woman flying out about 10 feet or so from the South wall, and a Dwarf with some kind of an odd device alight into the sky to face a group of orcs in chain and splint mail and yells ”Enough!! Play fair!!” Seconds later he motions and something flies into the back of the group followed by an explosion that sends 2 of the Orcs over the south wall.

Silhouette rises higher into the air and activates a psionic power to negate poison as an explosion blooms beneath her. ”Wrighton, Help Predat” calls Ramsis as Silhouette uses her dagger to locate the strongest life force (it is indeed Graven, but only barely above that of the robed Orc with a staff). In response, the priest receives a blank stare and the Gargoyle does not move an inch.


Butcher's Bill:
Pedat: --165 SDC to Armor, -102 SDC, Helmet destroyed
Ramsis: -45 PPE, -1 charged stone
**Tiny
**Lefty
**Wrighton
Silhouette: -49 SDC, -13 PPE, -47 ISP, -2 Strike/Parry/Dodge, -½ Attacks, -20% Skills
Doc:
Margaret:
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Doctor Ravenscroft » Mon May 25, 2020 6:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3; 1d100 = 99
Conditions: None really.

Skills:

The Doctor braces himself to the wall with a free hand as the Vertigo and ensuing nausea of looking through his familiar's eyes washes over him. With his eyes still closed behind the mask he wears, The Doctor speaks in quiet slow measured tones. "I see several Gargoyles and their kin, they appear to be fighting with some adventuring types, They also seem to be fighting Orcs as well. The adventurer dwarf seems to have some want of a fair fight, and now there are more explosions... splendid." The Doctor mentally connects to his familiar. Fly closer to me Gunther, we have need to find a way down from this wall..

Doctor Ravenscroft opens his eyes for a moment and looks to Margaret. "Seems we wound up in the fire after all, but at least as far as I can tell these folk aren't the king's guard hunting for us. They seem to have spell casters or maybe psychics in their group. Should we assist them, or try and flee?"

Doctor Ravenscroft looks around for a safer way off the wall, unlike their departed "companion" Wojak. Occasionally closing his eyes to see if his familiar has found anything.
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft


HP: 34
S.D.C.: 15
P.P.E.: 55
I.S.P.: 27


Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger


Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Tue May 26, 2020 7:28 am

Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 34
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 14
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 5

PPE: 39/84
SDC: 23/23
HP: 36/36

Luck Curse
28% - 1d100 = 26
The inflicts the person with bad luck / The victim's normal combat bonuses are all reduced to zero; no bonuses! The character's critical strikes do normal damage (except a natural 20 which always does double damage); a death or ko/stun punch does only 1D4 damage. Kick attacks have a 60% chance of causing the character to trip and fall down (lose initiative and one melee attack). The prowl skill turns into a clumsy roll, making noise every time it is tried, and all other skills are -40%, but only during critical situations. The G.M. can add other minor occurrences of bad luck if he so desires. Note: Only a "remove curse" invocation can negate the effects of this enchantment.
Saving Throw: 14 or higher to save vs magic
Range: (line of sight) and within 30 feet
Limitations: The dark priest can curse as many as 3 people or items.


POST -
Ramsis gets a grin as he watches 2 orcs fly off wall. Reloading, but not charging with PPE, He scans the battlefield. ”Need to figure who is who.” As he scans, he tries to think of a plan. Seeing Wrighton not moving, Ramsis gives himself a mental face palm. ”Duh!! He doesn't know of Predat. He arrived after Predat took off.” With a frustrated grunt, he issues new orders. ”Kill those hit.” He then utters a quick prayer to Tark. ”Tark Curse you!!” Ramsis then throws his hand out in a flourish, ending with him pointing at Graven and his remaining guards with outstretched fingers. ((Luck Curse - 3 targets)). Ramsis issues another command, ”Tiny, Retrieve my spear.”




ACTIONS -
A1) Reload launcher
A2) Issue orders to Wrighton
A3) cast curse “Tark curse you!”
A4) Issue orders to tiny
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Magpie » Tue May 26, 2020 1:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 57 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 72
Conditions: Prowling?

Skill Rolls:
Prowl: 1d100 = 44 / 35%

Margaret throws an arm up to shield her eyes from the brightness of the sudden explosion. And as the doctor describes to her what he is seeing through his familiar’s eyes, she decides that this is one fight she ought to stay out of if at all possible.

Doctor Ravenscroft wrote:"Seems we wound up in the fire after all, but at least as far as I can tell these folk aren't the king's guard hunting for us. They seem to have spell casters or maybe psychics in their group. Should we assist them, or try and flee?"


“I’m not sure how the guard would have found us so quickly. I’m not even sure where we are,” Margaret replies with a small frown. “Let’s move away from the ruckus. If we are to join the fight, I suspect you’d be more comfortable in having the late wizard on our side as well.” She tilts her head slightly, indicating a northern path along the keep’s wall. Margaret leads the way, trying to stay low and well hidden. She hopes to find stairs or a ladder that will take her and the doctor to a lower level of the keep.
Lady Margaret Evensen
P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 25
S.D.C.: 9

Leather of Iron:
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 100
• Modifiers: Impervious to Fire [Normal fire no damage, Magic fire 1/2 damage]
User avatar
Magpie
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Sat May 30, 2020 11:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 35 1d20 = 14

Conditions: Sustain (5 days), Fly as the Eagle; Chameleon, Nightvision;

Predat is simply in rapture mode and is completely focused on the fight. To the Gurgoyles, "Come on let us finish this." Damn Gurgoyles, I better finish these guys off quick, who knows what is going on out there. He just continues going at them with Toothpick.

APM: 12
Init: [dice]1d20+6 = 13[/dice]

Action 1: Continue to strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 28; Damage: 4d6+27 = 45
Action 2: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 31 Crit!; Damage: 4d6+27 = 45 x2= 90
Action 3: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 24; Damage: 4d6+27 = 40
Action 4: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 25; Damage: 4d6+27 = 43
Action 5: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 28; Damage: 4d6+27 = 47
Action 6: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 33 Crit!; Damage: 4d6+27 = 40 x2= 80
Action 7: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 26; Damage: 4d6+27 = 39
Action 8: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 23; Damage: 4d6+27 = 42
Action 9: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 30; Damage: 4d6+27 = 38
Action 10: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 21; Damage: 4d6+27 = 42
Action 11: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 24; Damage: 4d6+27 = 43
Action 12: Strike with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 16; Damage: 4d6+27 = 45

Parry: 1d20+14 = 15 1d20+14 = 32 1d20+14 = 33 1d20+14 = 29 1d20+14 = 32 1d20+14 = 23 1d20+14 = 29 1d20+14 = 30 1d20+14 = 25 1d20+14 = 20 1d20+14 = 34 1d20+14 = 22 1d20+14 = 25 1d20+14 = 30 1d20+14 = 21 1d20+14 = 16 1d20+14 = 23 1d20+14 = 27 1d20+14 = 26 1d20+14 = 30
Dodge: 1d20+12 = 26 1d20+12 = 24 1d20+12 = 28 1d20+12 = 20 1d20+12 = 29 1d20+12 = 23 1d20+12 = 19 1d20+12 = 28 1d20+12 = 30 1d20+12 = 13 1d20+12 = 24 1d20+12 = 31
RWP: 1d20+9 = 15 1d20+9 = 13 1d20+9 = 20 1d20+9 = 16 1d20+9 = 20 1d20+9 = 24 1d20+9 = 12 1d20+9 = 22 1d20+9 = 23 1d20+9 = 20 1d20+9 = 26 1d20+9 = 26

Contingency: Pre will continue to dodge to throw of the grapple as necessary.
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 210
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Sun May 31, 2020 5:47 am

JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 65
Perc: 68% / 1d100 = 81



"Shit," Silhouette thinks realizing after her cleansing power begins that she does not feel any less...intoxicated. Casting a cloud of smoke between her and the orcs below Silhouette shouts, "Coward Graven." In answer to the orc's lunging attack as much as a beginning to her words, "He did not fight your invaders, does not even know the look of their banner! Describe it Graven!"

Just to be safe for the moment Silhouette puts an Energy Field around herself floating inside the shimmering bubble as she considers what to do. She wonders, "Where is Predat, hell Tyral?" Glancing off towards the woods she searches for the elf, activity, or anything at all.

Turning back Silhouette telepathically reads the caster orc's mind in a probe,"Are you a witch, priest, learned caster, or are you born with your magic?"

Conditions: Impervious to Poison, Strength of the Mind, Resist Damage, Armor of Ithan (190SDC AR18), Sixth Sense; Telepathy, Superior, Sustain (5 days), Flight of the Eagle; Thermal Vision(500ft; thermal through 4 inches of all but dirt/stone)

Bill: -49 SDC(+25SDC, +5 HP), -25 PPE, -47 ISP, -2 Strike/Parry/Dodge, -½ Attacks, -20% Skills

Combat post:
Dodge: +10 (+9 base; +2 Eagle, -1 poison)
Parry: +13 (+10 base; +1 Eagle; +3 Dagger, -1 poison)
JIC Parry or Dodge: 1d20 = 7 1d20 = 1 1d20 = 17 1d20 = 13 1d20 = 3 1d20 = 2 1d20 = 10 1d20 = 9
Init 1d20+5 = 10
Actions: 1/2 = 4
Action 1: Cloud of smoke -2 PPE
Action 2: "Coward Graven." Silhouette says in answer to the orc's lunging attack as much as a beginning to her words,"He did not fight your invaders, does not even know the look of their banner! Describe it Graven!"
Action 3: Casts Energy FIeld around herself -12 PPE
Action 4: Silhouette telepathically reads the caster orc's mind in a probe,"Are you a witch, priest, learned caster, or are you born with your magic?" (Note: Thermal vision sees through the smoke.)
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:10 pm

“Sil”
Silhouette, please keep in mind the length of statements. I went ahead and did a time recording of your Action 2, and it came out to near 12 Seconds.

Also, please note that this is not as clean of Single-Action event as you seem to hope: Action 4: Silhouette telepathically reads the caster orc's mind in a probe,"Are you a witch, priest, learned caster, or are you born with your magic?"
Telepathy Superior indicates: Grants the ability to hear surface thoughts, or send and receive telepathic messages. However, this superior form of the power gives the character the ability to read deeper or even subconscious thoughts. If the victim fails the saving throw, the psychic will be able to read thoughts on any subject he wants. This can include passwords, names of contacts, the victim's true name, and even skills. Sometimes (40% +3% per level of experience chance) the character will be even able to see or hear parts of memories associated with the thoughts he is reading from the victim. A saving throw should be rolled for each skill/memory/thought that the character tries to read. The character can make one attempt to pull information from the victim for each attack per melee.

For Silhouette to gain access to these thoughts, the topic has to be on your target's mind. It is not just whatever you feel like pulling. If your target isn't thinking about it, then there are neither surface thoughts NOR deeper subconscious thoughts or memories.



Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 0016.25
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: North of Hadrian's Cove





Facing the remaining trio of Gurgoyles down 2 injured (1 badly) and 3rd who seems largely fine Predat challenges, "Come on let us finish this.” A spear from Predat’s right answers the challenge and he tries to parry without success as the head and haft scrape along his cuirass [-24 SDC]. The eandroth rights himself for a lunging stab brings the assassin’s blade to final rest blade deep in the chest of the seriously wounded gurgoyle bringing an end to any further healing … As he pulls his blade out a spear stabs in from Predat’s left and he is unable to parry a savage kick and must roll with its impact to avoid serious damage [-24 SDC]. After a bit more brutal knifework Predat stands, well floats, victorious over a scene of carnage with all of his subdemonic attackers deceased …

Some 10’15 feet from the wall Silhouette hovers with a feeling akin to vertigo and casts Cloud of Smoke [-2 PPE] before shouting out "Coward Graven." In answer to the orc's lunging attack as much as a beginning to her words, "He did not fight your invaders, does not even know the look of their banner! Describe it Graven!" (OOC: See comment above)

An unknown voice yells back through the smoke, "Daft Bitch!!! He was Dead! Killt by lightning and come back!" this is punctuated by a series of randomly shot arrows which she attempts to dodge with mixed success (-15 SDC to AOI). A second unknown voice yells, "Shyaddap don’t tell her Nothin!!!"

With a frustrated grunt, Ramsis issues the orders. ”Kill those hit.” It is very unclear who the Dwarf intends to be killed or hit. He then utters a quick prayer to Tark. ”Tark Curse you!!” Ramsis then throws his hand out in a flourish, ending with him pointing at a cloud of smoke that just puffed into existence ((Luck Curse - 3 targets)). It is unclear if there was anyone affected by entreaties to the Mistress of Web [design]s. Ramsis then issues another command, ”Tiny, Retrieve my spear.” The little gargoylite splits off from where he had been hovering near Silhouette to grab Ramisis’ berdiche and hovers there above the walkway waiting for instructions (on where to bring the item).

Ravencroft and Lady Margaret discuss the wisdom of joining the effort on either (assuming there are only 2) sides as opposed to discretion being the more likely best course. Gunther’s keen eye spots a headless corpse dressed in at the foot of the castle wall at the edge of the river, the body lies in a rowboat that seems to be drifting. Any corresponding head is absent.



Ramsis Please Post Initiative

Butcher's Bill:
Predat: --165 SDC to Armor, -151 SDC, Helmet destroyed
Ramsis: -45 PPE, -1 charged stone
**Tiny
**Lefty
**Wrighton
Silhouette: -49 SDC, -13 PPE, -47 ISP, -2 Strike/Parry/Dodge, -½ Attacks, -20% Skills [Befuddled: Confused & Disoriented], -15 SDC to AOI
Doc:
Margaret:
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Previous

Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest