Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Doctor Ravenscroft » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 100/49%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8; 1d100 = 35
Conditions: Sixth Sense.

Doctor Ravenscroft finishes stuffing Wojak's previous belongings into his satchel, when Maggie speaks up. "Already done... hmmm. Bury him, yeah, we should, but we don't have a shovel." Doc says quietly to his companion.

"Uh Hello... Talking wolf, not the strangest thing I've encountered even today really." Doc says to Braggo.

Doc looks is looking around when Ramsis speaks up. Spider Priest... Okay, this group is interesting. "In lack of a shovel, I suppose we can make a cairn." Doc says to his companion.

Doc drags Wojak corpse from the boat, lays him down on a patch of flat level ground, before walking around and collecting up large rocks to cover the corpse. Once Doc has the corpse covered, he makes it look like he silently saying a prayer for the man, but in truth he's not. I wonder what the wand does? What is the going rate for emeralds? I don't think I have enough inner reserve to fly as far as they want.
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft


P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35


Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger


Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:11 am

JIC: 1d100 = 751d20 = 9
Perc: 68% / 1d100 = 99


Grace wrote:"She's referring to me." Nodding at all present, Grace doesn't look abashed about stealing passage on the boat as she continues. ”I was hiding from the orcs and trying to get away from them unscathed. As I'm sure anyone of you would have done in my position.” Looking at the woman with the knife, Grace adds, ”You really don't want to wave that thing around. People could get hurt if you're not careful.”


The dagger born in her hand droops as she looks between the trio of humans before she turns it and presses the back of her hand to her forehead as if salving her anger. Sucking air through her teeth thinking,"Why of all things hanger-on humans!"

Grace wrote:"You really don't want to wave that thing around. People could get hurt if you're not careful.”


At Grace's verbal shot Silhouette scoffs answering in sharp contrast to her efforts with the orcs,"What makes you think my being careful won't?"

At realizing Tyral's and show and tell of a slashed belt from which hang an ornate dagger, signal horn, and pouches Silhouette turns,"Oooh! Who doesn't like stuff, especially shiny stuff?" Holding her hands cupped out before her saying with a half promise,"I just want to see!"

Predat wrote:"So, we escort these lost travelers to Llorn and report in?"


Breaking off her attention Silhouette looks to Pre with a shrug,"No choice but to take these hanger-ons with us. If they get caught by the orcs they might say which way we left." Pausing Sil realizes in her befuddlement that sixth sense hadn't alarmed her,"Why don't we leave them at the Cove or something?"


Magpie wrote:"I’m afraid the three of us have surprised this party. They did not expect to find us at the keep.”


Looking over the three Silhouette bites her lip a long moment before saying,"Yeah, we didn't expects the dead weight so suddenly. Makes problems for our plans." Looking around she adds,"Not a single mount between you. Talk about doubling down."


Tyral wrote:All of us can return to Llorn via the various mounts, or some of us can fly back and be there by the end of the day, while some remain here and watch the stupid castle for movement. See which way they head, or backtrack along the trail of the ones who were on the approach ... See what course they took, and if there are signs of them being pursued. I will be right back, give me a couple of minutes."


Sil adds before Tyral departs,"I want to find out where the orcs are traveling from and who's following them."

Ramsis wrote:”Excuse me lass. If I may?” ”I have no mount, and can only fly if a spell is cast on me. But I would be agreeable to ride in the boat if that is an option."


Smiling at the dwarf Silhouette seems warmer to him than the new additions, "You have nothing to worry about. Petal would be happy to let you ride her!" At the request to heal her injuries SIlhouette shakes her head in affirmation,"Please, I'll give many thanks to Tark!"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 26 1d20 = 6

Conditions: Sustain (4 days)

Grace wrote: Looking at Predat, Grace replies, ”I'm Grace. Who might you be?” Grace glances over at Sil and asks Predat, ”Is she always like this?”

Pre shrugs his shoulders and as always is completely comfortable chatting with humans, "Yes, she pretty much is. She doesn't get any better over time either. Hi Grace, I am Predat. You can call me Pre. How did you end up in this little group?"

Pre nods to Sil, "Well, Ramsis doesn't have a mount either, so we aren't going to move that fast anyway. Don't understand people coming to the wilds without a mount. Oh well."

"Thanks Ram, I appreciate the touch!" Yes, it is definitely nice to have a priest around again. "Tyral, do you want to hang back and watch these damn orcs, while I escort all these people back to Llorn. I can stay instead if you like? Give it a couple days and you can catch up to us on the road. Doesn't look like we will be moving all that fast." Pre keeps Hey Stupid back from their friend's body, They might not like to watch a Silonar feast on their friend.
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Grace » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17 (36%)
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 20

Margaret wrote:“Pleased to meet you, Grace,” Lady Margaret says politely with a small nod of her head. Old habits are hard to break. “My name is Margaret Strand. Doctor Bertrand Ravenscroft.”[/b] The false name comes to her easier than before and she introduces her companion with a hand gesture. Then she indicates the dead man in the boat. “And our deceased friend, Wojak. You’re lucky you weren’t killed by those two dropping on your head.” Margaret turns her attention back to Silhouette, but continues to address Grace. “I’m afraid the three of us have surprised this party. They did not expect to find us at the keep.”


Grace nods at Margaret and glances over at Dr. Ravenscroft. ”I can tell from the way they reacted they weren't expecting any of us.”

Sil wrote:At Grace's verbal shot Silhouette scoffs answering in sharp contrast to her efforts with the orcs,"What makes you think my being careful won't?"


Grace frowns. What in the hell is she talking about. She's about to ask, but then the woman gets distracted by something shiny. She's like a child. A really annoying child. Grace thinks to herself, shaking her head.

Predat wrote:Pre shrugs his shoulders and as always is completely comfortable chatting with humans, "Yes, she pretty much is. She doesn't get any better over time either. Hi Grace, I am Predat. You can call me Pre. How did you end up in this little group?"


”Hello Pre.” Grace replies. ”Like I said, I was hiding from the orcs.” Grace resists the urge to roll her eyes. I JUST said that. Do people not listen or not remember? Grace then focuses on teh most interesting being on the boat – Brago. Smiling at his reponse, Grace replies, ”It's nice to meet your acquaintance.”
Grace Alexander

HP: 23/23
SDC: 10/10

Conditions:
Sixth Sense
User avatar
Grace
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Magpie » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:31 am

((Rolls held over))

While Doctor Ravenscroft labors to cover Wojak’s corpse, Margaret watches him. She thinks of her little daughter, Enara, cold in her own grave. This must be killing you, she silently says to the doctor, genuinely wearing a sad expression. A body wasted, but a lie covered. Research lost, but safety secured. We’ll return one day...

Doctor Ravenscroft wrote:Once Doc has the corpse covered, he makes it look like he silently saying a prayer for the man, but in truth he's not.

“Thank you,” Margaret whispers to Bertrand, moving to stand beside him as he finishes his task. To the others, it might appear as though she is thanking him for taking great care of a parted friend. The doctor probably knows better.

A moment later, Lady Margaret says to the group, “I suppose we’ll set out for Llorn soon, yes? Once there is more information regarding the orcs at the keep? I don’t believe you’ve said why you are gathering information for the city…are you citizens there?”
Lady Margaret Evensen
P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 25
S.D.C.: 9

Leather of Iron:
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 100
• Modifiers: Impervious to Fire [Normal fire no damage, Magic fire 1/2 damage]
User avatar
Magpie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:35 pm


Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 00.45.00
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: North of Hadrian's Cove





Ramsis continues to minster to Predat, periodically administering a touch that relieves pain, already the large puncture up under his arm has closed over. It still hurts the Eandroth like hell but is not as bad as just minutes ago, and the Priest takes a chance to switch off and administer a bit of healing to Silhouette. The Priest suggests summoning a large spider to use as a mount, but no one has any idea if this is a joke.

Ravenscroft pulls the fallen Wojak's body out of the boat and begins to pile rocks over the body as Margaret introduces herself to Grace, everyone has the wisdom to say hello and acknowledge the flying timberwolf. Silhouette suggests dropping their additions at Hadrian’s Cove as an alternative to bringing them all the way back to Llorn citing that the newcomers ‘might tell the Orcs they went to Llorn, as though she herself had not declared their origin with extreme clarity atop the battlements’. "I want to find out where the orcs are traveling from and who's following them." she continues as the Elf heads into the cave. There is some discussion of travel and mounts and it occurs to Grace that perhaps her horse ought to be retrieved at some point.

Several minutes later the elf, Tyral, returns with pair of spears in 1 hand that he plants tip down in the dirt at Predat's feet, "Decent quality spears, nothing magic about them that I could tell ... For the Signal Horn, the owner now seems to be back at the Castle (he wasn't when I nicked this), and the Dagger, that's magic. Actually it's a nice western-style dagger, definitely enchanted, and it looks like enough gems on it that someone is probably in deep sh^t with a father or uncle for losing it, especially to an Orc." The Wizard is flanked as he emerges from the Cave by a 9ft Wolfen (Tatyana) who has a flamberge nearly as long as Ravencroft is tall strapped at her shoulders. The wolfen carries the other 2 spears that Predat had given Tyral to plant them similarly in the ground; in the deep shadows of the midnight hour something seems unnatural about her fur but it may just be a trick of the starlight. Tyral gestures with his staff towards Ravencroft, "You a Wizard or some kind of Mystic? ... That boat sure isn't enchanted. I know a similar spell, so if you can pull that spell off say a couple times a day? ... Well then between those of us who have magic inclinations I would bet we can scrounge together the energy to fly anyone without a mount back to Llorn. No one would need to walk … or Brago and I can stay behind and do surveillance while you get these moving Predat, whatever you folks prefer."

OOC: The Non-mounted are: Ramsis, Ravencroft, Margaret, and Tatyana (who also had a Flight Wand). Grace has a mount tethered about 3 miles upstream from the castle assuming the Orcs don't hunt it down to eat.




Butcher's Bill:
Predat: --165 SDC to Armor, -100 SDC, Helmet destroyed
Ramsis: -65 PPE, -2 charged stone
Silhouette: -49 PPE, -53 ISP, -25 SDC
Doc: -15 PPE, -12 SDC, (Boat can still fly 3.00 Minutes)
Margaret:
Grace:


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Doctor Ravenscroft » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29/49%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 19; 1d100 = 75
Conditions: Sixth Sense.

Magpie wrote:“Thank you,” Margaret whispers to Bertrand, moving to stand beside him as he finishes his task. To the others, it might appear as though she is thanking him for taking great care of a parted friend. The doctor probably knows better.


Doctor Ravenscroft looks over as his companion, and nods. Hel or highwater we are now stuck together. Doc thinks as he turns towards Tyral.


Ya-Blik wrote:Tyral gestures with his staff towards Ravencroft, "You a Wizard or some kind of Mystic? ... That boat sure isn't enchanted. I know a similar spell, so if you can pull that spell off say a couple times a day? ... Well then between those of us who have magic inclinations I would bet we can scrounge together the energy to fly anyone without a mount back to Llorn. No one would need to walk … or Brago and I can stay behind and do surveillance while you get these moving Predat, whatever you folks prefer."


Doc nods. "Yes I am a spell caster, I could cast the spell at least one more time, maybe more if I can make a few sacrifices for the energy." Doctor Ravenscroft says. "We would be able to fly with three people in the boat before the magic failed." The Doctor adds.
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft


P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35


Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger


Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Magpie » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 63 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 88
Conditions:

When Silhouette suggests that the newcomers should be left behind in Hadrian’s Cove, Lady Margaret silently disapproves. How does that make any sense? Wouldn’t we be closer and easier for the orcs to find? Torture? Discover the plan to travel to Llorn? Margaret thinks for a moment and decides that the orcs likely already know about Llorn. This party was sent from the city, after all. A wolfen appearing, seemingly out of nowhere, does little to put Margaret at ease. And if we stand here much longer, we will be a party of two dozen!

Lady Margaret stays close to Doctor Ravenscroft as he discusses the logistics of flying a small boat with Tyral. In all her years of watching ships sail from Bizantium, she never thought she’d fly in one. Never thought I’d fly at all, she thinks, glancing at Tyral for a moment.
Lady Margaret Evensen
P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 25
S.D.C.: 9

Leather of Iron:
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 100
• Modifiers: Impervious to Fire [Normal fire no damage, Magic fire 1/2 damage]
User avatar
Magpie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Grace » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51 (36%)
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 88

Grace doesn't reply to Sil as she babbles on. First she's all 'They have to come with us!' Next, it's 'Leave them here!' Make up your damned mind, woman! As the travel arrangements are discussed, Grace interjects at an appropriate moment, ”I have a mount tethered about 3 miles upstream from the castle. Assuming that orcs haven't eaten her, I can go and get her and ride to Llorn.” She raises an eyebrow at the new wolfen and Grace nods and politely says to the wolfen, ”Hello.”
Grace Alexander

HP: 23/23
SDC: 10/10

Conditions:
Sixth Sense
User avatar
Grace
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:35 pm


Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 00.46.00`
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: North of Hadrian's Cove





Doctor Ravenscroft wrote:Doc nods. "Yes I am a spell caster, I could cast the spell at least one more time, maybe more if I can make a few sacrifices for the energy." Doctor Ravenscroft says. "We would be able to fly with three people in the boat before the magic failed." The Doctor adds.


Tyral (still hovering ~2 inches off the ground) turns a smile towards Ravenscroft which feels tinged with a tone that is a touch patronizing, "I believe young sir, that I know that spell you are using for the boat, and it is just not as efficient as some others. Not that you are particularly young of course, not like Silhouette here ... but I think I have a good century on you. The craft looks like it has not much time left in the sky and it has only been ... about 20 minutes? ... My thought was more along the lines that if you were to donate that energy my way, I can cast individual flight spells on each person. When I do so, you would have just over 3 hourglasses of flight before needing to touch down again. However to accomplish this for so many, I will need to borrow from each of the casters (or clergy) to essentially provide their own travel energy. The individual flight spell costs a bit more energy, but will also last around 9-times as long as the boat ..." The Wizard offers a nod to Grace, "Very well, would you like an escort to go retrieve your mount? I could send Brago, or Tatyana may wish ... that is, if you prefer. Or you can ride my horse Ramsey over to get yours, and I can ride him back, I still have a couple hours left on this go around ... "



Butcher's Bill:
Predat: --165 SDC to Armor, -90 SDC, Helmet destroyed
Ramsis: -65 PPE, -2 charged stone
Silhouette: -49 PPE, -53 ISP, -25 SDC
Doc: -15 PPE, -12 SDC, (Boat can still fly 2.00 Minutes)
Margaret:
Grace:


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:23 am

JIC: 1d100 = 6 1d20 = 14
Perc: 68% / 1d100 = 47



Flipping through her pack Silhouette is sorting between Petal and her gift from Tyral the bag of holding when the same elf returns from the back of the cave. Looking up Sil's eyes follow Tyral's return and brighten at the sight of Tatyana as much as the bejeweled dagger's path in the elf wizard's hand. Listening to his explanation of its western origin an idea forms as she speaks up,"Trade ya."

Knowing the elf would likely be more inclined to part with the jeweled dagger with casue she draws the Foebane Dagger from her other hip and prefers it to Tyral pommel out as she approaches saying,"This identifies the strongest enemies so you can decide how to deal with them." Nodding at the one in the elf's hand she adds,"You don't know what that one does yet and it might not be as useful, but to me right now it is because as I'm going to try and get into this supposed army pushing orcs north."

Shrugging she adds,"The jewels make it rich looking, I can play off this." She still didn't know if she'd try actually infiltrating, that would be a difficult sell though she says,"Maybe act as a prosperous mercenary band's emissary looking to pay off on this armies incursion." Looking down at herself, "A good mage is a strong messenger after all!"

Holding out the foebane dagger in trade she adds,"I think the horn would be great for Pre over there if he ever needs to signal aid?" Smiling with a little curiosity,"You check the pouches on that belt too?" The other hand snakes out playfully to tug at them in tandem.

Pre:
Predat wrote:"Well, Ramsis doesn't have a mount either, so we aren't going to move that fast anyway. Don't understand people coming to the wilds without a mount. Oh well."


Nodding at that and pursing her lips Silhouette looks to Petal and pats her leg stiffly as she thinks through the statement before answering,"Will you take Petal back with you for me?" Looking at the dwarf she adds, "He can ride her." Turning sharply Silhouette walks over and grabs her Lucky-Unlucky dagger from the place she stabbed it into the ground earlier in case they lost their way or were hard-pressed to quickly find their way back here,"Not gonna forget you, my Lucky-Unlucky friend!"


Magpie wrote:Once there is more information regarding the orcs at the keep? I don’t believe you’ve said why you are gathering information for the city…are you citizens there?”


"Hmmm, we have enough about them. Stupid? Check. Plentiful? Check. Not my damn concern anymore? Check!" Looking at magpie and her mask Silhouette stares for a moment before shrugging,"Citizens?" Gesturing at Tyral and Pre she laughs, "Those two just might lick clean the Duke's small clothes if told it would serve Llorn and don't even own a home there to show for it. Me, though? I say there are a lot more pleasant uses of a tongue!" Pausing Sil switches her attention as she points to Ravenscroft and Magpie,"You both trying to be some kind of birds?"

Tyral wrote: "However to accomplish this for so many, I will need to borrow from each of the casters (or clergy) to essentially provide their own travel energy."


"If Pre will watch over Petal for me, and maybe you too... I mean watch over Petal, not over you. I obviously don't care about you, but sure, I can spare a little." Winking at Tyral she turns to Grace and smiles,"And a big thank you from these three each would be welcome."

Grace:
Grace wrote:”I have a mount tethered about 3 miles upstream from the castle. Assuming that orcs haven't eaten her, I can go and get her and ride to Llorn.”


"There was a castle here?" Putting a hand to her cheek in surprise Sil adds,"Lucky we only found a keep of orcs and not your castle!" Shaking her head she asks highlighting Grace's further foolishness,"Those two have a good excuse for a bad day with orcs. How did you have the foresight to tether your horse upriver and yet at the same time do something as smart as all things for a human, not so good at seeing in the dark, as go poking about downriver at the crest of midnight?" Poking at her further SIlhouette adds,"He's a mage apparently, so even with bad luck he fixed his problem well, but you?" Giggling Sil almost gets historical slapping her leg laughing,"Were you going to hide in that boat all night?"

Pausing Sil stops as a thought occurs to her and she utters stonely,"Oh." Looking down at the ground blank-eyed Silhouette nods to herself saying,"That...is not actually the worst of plans." Reaching down Silhouette pulls the Aco doll from her belt and approaches Grace before saying assertively,"Here. Next time find a dark enough shadow and hold this to you and pray to Aco to hide you and give your thanks for preserving you. Especially against the nightmares that stalk the land." Profering the doll she nods seemingly oblivious to her prior harassment of the woman,"Aco preserves all her worshipers from the creatures that would prey on the weak who can only hide in the shadows." Mindfully Silhouette intones,"Thank you Aco."
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 38 1d20 = 3

Conditions: Sustain (4 days)

Grace wrote: Grace interjects at an appropriate moment, ”I have a mount tethered about 3 miles upstream from the castle. Assuming that orcs haven't eaten her, I can go and get her and ride to Llorn.” She raises an eyebrow at the new wolfen and Grace nods and politely says to the wolfen, ”Hello.”


Pre looks at her, "Well go get her and meet us back here. When you are back, we will head to Llorn." She listens to Sil prattle on and the rolling of his eyes is obvious to all, Seriously Sil? She truly is a child. One of these days we are going to get sick of you. . . "Yes, she is always like this, a child. We keep here around because she is pretty good with a blade and a spell. We generally don't take anything she says very seriously. She seems to enjoy annoying people. Honestly, I am surprised Tyral hasn't killed her or turned her into a toad. Ramsis can ride petal back if he wishes. C'mon let's get going." We need to get out of here and let Llorn what is going on.
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Magpie » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 82 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 18
Conditions:

Silhouette wrote:"Hmmm, we have enough about them. Stupid? Check. Plentiful? Check. Not my damn concern anymore? Check!" Looking at magpie and her mask Silhouette stares for a moment before shrugging,"Citizens?" Gesturing at Tyral and Pre she laughs, "Those two just might lick clean the Duke's small clothes if told it would serve Llorn and don't even own a home there to show for it. Me, though? I say there are a lot more pleasant uses of a tongue!" Pausing Sil switches her attention as she points to Ravenscroft and Magpie,"You both trying to be some kind of birds?"


Margaret takes note of what Silhouette says concerning the orcs. She is somewhat surprised to hear that Sil doesn’t consider herself a citizen of Llorn. She glances at Tyral and Pre when they are mentioned, and wonders briefly if they would consider Llorn as their home, even if they don’t own property there. Mercenaries, she decides about the group. Gold is a powerful motivator.

When Silhouette points out the bird disguises, Margaret looks down at the mask in her hand. She then holds it up for Sil to see that it is nothing more than a costume. Shrugging, she says, “The world is dangerous, especially while traveling. Sometimes it’s best to be nothing more than a little magpie.”

Margaret breathes in a sigh of relief when Silhouette abandons her in favor of speaking to Grace about a doll. As they all seem to be waiting for the right moment to leave for Llorn, Margaret pulls Ravenscroft to the side. In whispered Northern, she asks him, “What shall we do once we arrive in the city?”
Lady Margaret Evensen
P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 25
S.D.C.: 9

Leather of Iron:
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 100
• Modifiers: Impervious to Fire [Normal fire no damage, Magic fire 1/2 damage]
User avatar
Magpie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Doctor Ravenscroft » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39/49%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 4; [dice]1d00[/dice]
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Plague Doctor outfit.

Silhouette wrote:"You both trying to be some kind of birds?"


Doctor Ravenscroft looks at the strange woman his head tilting to the side, a bit like a raven would. "Do you not have plague doctors in your lands? Because if not, I worry for your peoples continued survival. I am wearing the protective gear of a Plague Doctor, my mask filters against diseases and the suit keeps my skin unexposed to the dangers of plagues. The bird shop is merely coincidental. Now Gunther on the other hand has not much choice as he is a bird." The doctor says before straightening up and shaking his head. She must suffer from some sort of hysteria or malady of the brain.

Magpie wrote:In whispered Northern, she asks him, “What shall we do once we arrive in the city?”


Doctor Ravenscroft shrugs noncommittally. [Human: Northern]"I don't know really, at the moment we are bereft of real coin to enact any plans, so maybe it would be in our best interest to try and ingratiate ourselves with these mercenaries. Even the annoying one. Make some wealth, and sneak back to Byzantium to gather what we need to make you dream happen." Doctor Ravenscroft says quietly to Margaret.

Doctor Ravenscroft breaks away from Magpie to approach the group once more.
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft


P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35


Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger


Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:06 pm

Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 70
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 13
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 8

PPE: 84/84
SDC: 23/23
HP: 36/36

Skills -
Brewing 50%/55% - 1d100 = 92/1d100 = 31 make medicinal tea
First Aid 40% - 1d100 = 37 visual exam

POST -
Ramsis just watches the others mingle and chatter as he tries to help Predat. ”wow!! WAHT Have i gotten myself into? An assassin type fighter, a child mage, and an elf mage. Now a plaque doctor, a noblewoman, and mystery lady in the bird mask. I will trust in Tark. i know not the ways of my mistress, just have to have faith she will show me her plans.’ He looks around for his spider. ’Proximo, Get over here. Stop play-stalking the bird. That is the doctor guy’s bird.”

Ramsis pats Predat on the shoulder, ”Just need a minute, hands are cramping.’ He moves over to a nearby stone and sits, rubbing his hands. He looks over at the group.

”For those who may not know me, I am Ramsis, beloved priest of Tark, lady of spiders.’ He takes a breathe, ”i have been listening to all the chatter. I joined this mpotley band just before the orc situation. So i am ot sure of the next move, but back to llorn sounds good. Restock, resupply, and maybe upgrade our gear. Make better plans based on our new knowledge, then we can do something. Better than floundering around in the dark, so to speak.” He gives a little shrug and continues rubbing his hands as he stands.
”Now who news a quick touch of healing before we continue with whatever our plan is? If it is going to be awhile, i will make some tea for us.” He will give everyone a healing touch, before returning to Predat.
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:56 pm

Pre wrote: Yes, she is always like this, a child.

At Pre's dismissal Silhouette harumphs loudly,"I am standing right here." Turning and wobbling her head slightly toward the humans she adds,"I am not annoying, I am flammable!" She lifts her chin slightly with arrogance before a pause that sends her eyes looking off into nowhere questioning herself,"Or is that flam...flim...foyant?" Huffing she announces while trying to play her mismatch off,"Uh, It means they just do not understand native Yin-Sloth style!" (Charm: 40% /1d100 = 75) Tossing her hair she adds,"Besides you green meany, you shouldn't talk badly of your friends to strangers. It is...It's... It's just mean!" Taking a step toward Predat she stomps to emphasize her point before wincing at the shooting pain of her leg,"Tch!" Bending to grasp the wound tenderly with fingertips she glowers at the lizard while massaging, adding in a whisper,"Stupid..."

Magpie wrote: The world is dangerous, especially while traveling. Sometimes it’s best to be nothing more than a little magpie.”

Biting her cheek Silhouette wonders at that saying,"Don't magpie eat other birds? Umm, songbirds?" She felt fairly sure about reading that from a book before continuing,"I...think...that it is then good I am not so small near you or singing!" Turning her head she looks to Ravencroft and at Magpies masks making a humming sound in thought turning Pre's harsh words into a joke,"Oh, if I'm annoying that is definitely not like song!" Tossing an admonishing finger at Magpie the changeling adds,"No eating me then!"

Ravenscroft wrote:Do you not have plague doctors in your lands? Because if not, I worry for your peoples continued survival. I am wearing the protective gear of a Plague Doctor, my mask filters against diseases and the suit keeps my skin unexposed to the dangers of plagues. The bird shop is merely coincidental.


Continuing to massage her leg Silhouette glances from "Magpie" to Ravenscroft with a thoughtful furrowing of her brow as her mirth fades as she says,"Well no, I haven't ever seen plague but I've been taught about them..." Thinking the matter through she wonders to herself about them,"Is there a plague where you came from?" A moment passes before her question leads to a concern filled step back while she looks the two mask wearer's up and down with widening eyes before saying to the only other medically skilled member of the group she knows,"Tyral...plague!"

Critically SIlhouette starts craning her neck looking at the pair of plague defying human's incidentally holding her breath while searching for signs of illness and symptoms. Even as she does she covers her nose and mouth with her palm speaking through muffled tones her,"Back you two, back over there!" Moving her hand she points to the cave exit before alarmed at her vulnerability she slaps it back to her mouth while giving Grace a stare that said,"Are you sick too?"

Holistic Medicine -- 72% / 1d100 = 31
Surgeon/Medical Doctor -- 64% / 1d100 = 19


Ramsis wrote: i will make some tea for us.”

Looking from the two bird-masked humans to Ramsis and Tyral in turn Silhouette still uncertain if the two harbor disease jerks her head at the priest in question whiling she says with difficulty,"Well? Can you make tea that will Priest them with Tark, already?"


_______________________
OOC:
Character Level Up to Nine:
HP: 1d6 = 2
PPE: 2d4+2 = 8
ISP: 1d6 = 1
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:45 pm


Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 0100
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: North of Hadrian's Cove





Tyral’s doubt is plain on his face as Silhouette seeks to ‘exchange’ her dagger for the one he had lifted off the chieftain and he seems to consider her suggestions, but the teenager’s relentless acrimony turns his visage to one of frustration then fury at the girls ‘small clothes’ comment. "Enough Silhouette. You want to stay? Fine. You want to trade your trinket for the jeweled, enchanted noble dagger on the strength of perpetual bloody digs, jabs, and insults? No. You are acting like a toddler, and I am simply not inclined to reward your behavior. If you survive a few more years, maybe you will become a woman capable of a bit of damn maturity, and I hope she looks back on this little display with shame. I am done with this ridiculous game of yours, and the next insult of yours will cause me to lose my temper, is that clear enough?" By the end of his rebuke, the Elf’s voice is not much more than a whisper but it is still clear as a bell in the silent night sky.

Grace indicates she has a mount to retrieve and asks if the jungle-girl’s attitude is a constant, which Predat confirms. Ramsis gives a short summation of his faith, history joining just earlier in the evening, then administers several more healing touches before taking a seat to rummage for something to make tea he does not seem to find any such items in his gear and finds nothing local that looks like it would make anything other than hot water and grass.

The Mind Mage heads out towards the river accompanied by a floating wolf that outweighs her. When she eventually finds her mount it is undisturbed but highly agitated by Brago’s presence and it takes a fair amount of skill and patience to return to the cave in the wee hours but she eventually does so.

In the meantime, Tyral approaches Ravenscroft and Margaret to speak in excellent Human: Northern, “Plague suits are not used down here. I have not seen one since my last trip to Byzantium, and that would have been before your birth. You simply do not need them down here, there has not been a plague on the mainland that those would help with in the last 60 years. So they are not common in this or any southern region and will mark you as a Northerner. Not that that is bad, I have known a few great Byzantium merchants in my time. Their rejection of magic on their home island is a bit backwards, but everyone has their … eccentricities.” The Elf’s gaze no longer seems to register Silhouette or her comments.

OOC: If you are inclined to all leave, that's fine just advise what time. Ostensibly it will be after Ramsis finishes healing everyone unless there is a desire to leave sooner. If Silhouette is inclined to stay and explore simply advise of the split.


Butcher's Bill:
Predat: --165 SDC to Armor, -70 SDC, Helmet destroyed
Ramsis: -65 PPE, -2 charged stone
Silhouette: -49 PPE, -53 ISP, -10 SDC
Doc: -15 PPE
Margaret:
Grace:


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:31 am

JIC: 1d100 = 48 1d20 = 12
Perc: 68% / 1d100 = 86

Her face contorted in shock Silhouette drops her hand with the Foebane dagger to her side and turns away walking past Ramsis on her way to Petal. Slowing she asks Ramsis,"Watch Petal for me? And oh, she loves clover flowers if you want to get on her good side." Hanging her shoulder purse on Petal she reaches to the backpack-mounted on her rump and shakes it making sure it is secured too.

Pulling out woolen clothing, leather shoes, and socks as she tucks the package under her arm as she stalks to the back of the cave out of sight. A while later she comes back now wearing the wool along with her belt, several weapons strewn about her, and the dimensional bag on her belt. In one hand she holds her armor neatly tucked inside of its own breastplate compactly tied up with her scabbarded sword thrust through and something else in her other hand where she approaches Petal to lash the notably Silhouette looking armor to the animal.

Abruptly Sil's hand yanks at the sword through the armor pulling the scabbarded Foebane sword free giving it a long look. Walking to Predat she presses the weapon into his hands while curtly saying,"Magic, foebane, use it if you wish."

Turning away from Predat she approaches Magpie and holds several things out of which are a pound of dried meat and fruit each, and a bottle of brandy saying,"I don't know what a Magpie prefers over songbirds, but I'm to guess you are peckish enough not to care." Going rigid at the accidental pun Silhouette glances at Tyral before returning to Magpie,"I didn't mean... Ah, Dyval!" Gesturing at Ravenscroft as she says,"Just share it with him, uh, Grace and, uh, Ramsis there."

Silhouette stares a long while in front of Magpie and Ravenscroft thinking to herself at the small-clothes remark,"It was a joke..." After a minute she turns and answers Tyral,"Yes, I am leaving because the signs are that it is orc routing Westerners marching here. That means Llorn goes to war..." Pointing at Predat the forsaken mage argues,'He did his time and is done with that so it is his choice to fight again." With a level tone she adds,"I tried to join your Tower, I did read the demands. Remember? it says the Guild goes to the Duke's aid when called." Pursing her lips she spits out,"That means you go too!"

Noting Tyral looking past her, scarlet warms her dark face as Silhouette implores softly,"Just...please listen Tyral." Her cheeks show the chewing of her teeth though them as she slowly wilts,"War isn't the same as hunting down Itomas, cultists, or orcs..." Looking down and flicking her eyes up trying to meet the elf's she seems to be struggling with admission as she knits her fingers together,"I know we don't get along and you don't like me..." Clenching her hands pink she quickly corrects,"No. that is I make it difficult for you."

Grinding her heel she forces her words out,"I am going south so you will have the best chance to do something about it because someone I once cared about died to them too and I won't see that happen again!"

Breathing in Silhouette says,"I'm sorry." walking towards the exit of the cave she stops to look back at Predat and says,"I'm sorry for my manners." Before grabbing her quiver and bow and exiting to lean against the tree she and Ramsis had carried out watch the day before.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Magpie » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 81
Conditions:

Doctor Ravenscroft wrote:"I don't know really, at the moment we are bereft of real coin to enact any plans, so maybe it would be in our best interest to try and ingratiate ourselves with these mercenaries. Even the annoying one. Make some wealth, and sneak back to Byzantium to gather what we need to make you dream happen." Doctor Ravenscroft says quietly to Margaret.

The Magpie offers the Raven a nod. Her thoughts turn to her daughter and for a moment, she isn’t thinking about the mess they are in. She isn’t considering the group or the long journey to Llorn. The keep and its orcs might as well be a million miles away. Margaret simply smiles at the memory of Enera playing on the shore.

Silhouette wrote:"Back you two, back over there!"

Jostled out of her memories, Margaret moves back and tries to make sense of Silhouette’s alarm. She sighs, losing her patience with Sil. “We are quite well,” she declares sternly. When Ramsis introduces himself and announces that he will make tea, Margaret walks around Sil and over to the dwarf. “May I help with the tea? I could use a bit of sanity right now.” She briefly looks back over her shoulder at Sil.

When she is pulled aside by Tyral, Margaret only nods. My accent marks me as a Northerner, she keeps to herself. There’s no point in my hiding that.

When Silhouette drops food into her lap, Margaret listens to the woman’s odd apology, adding, “Thank you. I will share it.” She watches Sil with curiosity as it seems that woman is leaving the party. Does she really think we are cannibals in the North?
Lady Margaret Evensen
P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 25
S.D.C.: 9

Leather of Iron:
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 100
• Modifiers: Impervious to Fire [Normal fire no damage, Magic fire 1/2 damage]
User avatar
Magpie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 45 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 19 1d20 = 15

Conditions: Sustain (4 days)

Ramsis wrote:Ramsis pats Predat on the shoulder, ”Just need a minute, hands are cramping.’ He moves over to a nearby stone and sits, rubbing his hands. He looks over at the group.

Pre just nods, "Don't apologize, I appreciate the work!" Those damn monsters did a number on me.

As Sil's attitude changes direction for the thousandth time since he has known her, he takes the sword and slings it over his back. As she apologizes before walking out to go who knows where and why, he just shakes his head. "Strangest little human I've ever met. Her one redeeming quality is she was good with a dagger." As soon as Grace returns and Ramsis is done healing, Pre will lead them out and back towards Llorn. "Let's go and let's keep the chatter to a minimum as we don't know if there are more orc scouts around." Pre heads out and takes the lead on Hey Stupid.

Land Navigation - 1d100 = 99 / 79%
Land Navigation - 1d100 = 66 / 79%
Land Navigation - 1d100 = 85 / 79%
Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 19 / 77% (find any orc sign as they travel)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:40 pm


Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 0230
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: North of Hadrian's Cove





Silhouette storms off then returns to receive a couple final Ramsis administrations of his healing touches when she comes back from the cave having changed out of her ornate leather armor and returned to strap it onto her mule. The Forsaken-Mage asks the Dwarf to watch over her mount before taking her sword over to hand to Predat as a sort of peace-offering (although the irony of a weapon as a peace-offering does not seem to strike either initially). Next she moves to Magpie to offer up some food as a more traditional method of making amends. Finally the mercurial girl approaches Tyral, "Yes, I am leaving because the signs are that it is orc routing Westerners marching here. That means Llorn goes to war..." Pointing at Predat the forsaken mage argues,'He did his time and is done with that so it is his choice to fight again." With a level tone she adds,"I tried to join your Tower, I did read the demands. Remember? it says the Guild goes to the Duke's aid when called." Pursing her lips she spits out,"That means you go too! ... Just...please listen Tyral." Her cheeks show the chewing of her teeth though them as she slowly wilts,"War isn't the same as hunting down Itomas, cultists, or orcs..." Looking down and flicking her eyes up trying to meet the elf's she seems to be struggling with admission as she knits her fingers together,"I know we don't get along and you don't like me..." Clenching her hands pink she quickly corrects,"No. that is I make it difficult for you ... I am going south so you will have the best chance to do something about it because someone I once cared about died to them too and I won't see that happen again!""

The Wizard is impassive as Silhouette rambles somewhat aimlessly, "I was told you made a half-hearted attempt to join the Brotherhood that lasted all of 4 minutes, tilted when you started demanding people teach you either circle magic or something else, and culminated in you storming out while ranting. The Brotherhood is not a school, they have one of those in Wisdom. The fact is that to be accepted into the Brotherhood of Magic, one must pass a series of tests designed to prove your mastery of a chosen craft. Once the tests are passed, you pay a fee, and swear an oath to the Gods of Light to obey the rules of the guild, to obey the Grand Master of the Brotherhood and to obey and serve the ruler of Llorn for as long as you are a member. No one is bound into lifelong servitude, you obey for as long as you want to be a damn member, and quite frankly it astounds me that you remember Itomas but have forgotten that I have family in that City, and that I am over 5-times your age. I have seen war, I have seen sieges and pitched battles from here to the West. I have every reason to take my own family into account when deciding whether Llorn's being blockaded and its people starving are reason enough to take action. Whether you like the idea of killing Orcs or not, they do not seem to mind taking food off the plates of Llorn's poor ... who will eventually turn on Llorns better off once they get hungry enough. You want to go, good luck."

As Sil departs, Predat takes the sword and slings it over his back (with the 2 handed sword, and the dozen daggers, etc) stuggling to find some real estate on his body that is not already strapped with 1 or more weapons. The Eandroth shakes his head at those remaining "Strangest little human I've ever met. Her one redeeming quality is she was good with a dagger."

Eventually about 20 minutes later Grace returns on a horse not previously seen, and Pre hops up into the saddle of Hey Stupid to eventually head towards Llorn after about an hour heading northeast (really bad Nav roll). "Let's go and let's keep the chatter to a minimum as we don't know if there are more orc scouts around."

Prior to mounting up, Tyral draws 25 PPE from Ravenscroft casts Fly as the Eagle on him and Margaret [140 Minutes left by end of post, Max 50 Mph]. As those mounted (Pre, Ramsis, Tyral, & Grace) pick their way through the dense forest in the dead of night, some ponder if perhaps daytime travel may have been a better option, but none of the followers feels like arguing to loudly with the walking armory. Tatyana (aslo flying), Ravenscroft and Margaret find that keeping up is barely an issue because the horses are not inclined to move too quickly in the night off-trail in unfamiliar grounds for fear of a misstep that could break a leg. Meanwhile Ramsis finds the pace jarring, a bit bumpy and feels somewhat ridiculous this damn far up off the ground instead of soundly on his feet like a sane dwarf.

OOC: Predat & Co. what if any of the gear from the various fallen Orcs are you packing up to take with you? Are you bothering with the stack of regular long-spears taken from the castle-gurgoyles? Or are you leaving it all there?

==============================================

Silhouette watches as the others mount up and depart heading northeast behind a determined looking Predat, leaving her alone at the cave site. As the sound of footsteps fade she hears the eery silence of the night and realizes she has plenty of privacy, but no fire or heat for warmth. After about 20 minutes, she is fairly certain they are not coming back.

OOC: Sil please post a specific list of the things you are keeping with you (since it seems you sent your mount onward with alot of your gear).


Butcher's Bill:
Predat: --165 SDC to Armor, Helmet destroyed
Ramsis: -65 PPE, -2 charged stone
Silhouette: -49 PPE, -53 ISP
Doc: -40 PPE
Margaret:
Grace:


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:38 pm

Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 20
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 15
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 26

PPE: 84/84
SDC: 23/23
HP: 36/36

Skills -
Prayer of Spider Summoning. Success Ratio: 30% - 1d100 = 54
Identify Plants & Fruits 25% - 1d100 = 43
Recognize Precious Metals & Stones: 55% - 1d100 = 6

POST -
Ramsis bounces along with the others. ”Why a horse?? I am a dwarf, we don't ride these beasts. Give me a good spider mount anytime.” As he thinks this, his scowl turns into a grin. He does his best to find a comfortable position on his beast. Once he finds that 1 good spot, Ramsis attempts to commune with his mistress.

”Mistress. It is Ignatius. I am trying to be the best messenger for you that i can, but it is rough. How is one like me to spread your name in glory during a war? I have no idea what i am doing. Your faithful are more than medics and pest control. Please show me a sign that I am on the right path.” He sheds a tear as he finishes. After one more bump and jostle, Ramsis curses ’Damn Beast!!!” He raises his arms to the sky, ’Mistress Tark, send me a mount I can use.” ((Summon Spider - giant spider mount))


After he is done with his griping, Ramsis tries to enjoy the scenery, keeping an eye out for any herbs or plants or stones he can use. ”Hmmm, need stuff for tea, beer, and healing ointments. Lets see what i can see.” He lets out a small whistle. ’Proximo? Where you at?” While he waits for his buddy to emerge from whatever he is doing, Ramsis observes his companions.
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Grace » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51 (36%)
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 22

ISP: 160/164

Nightvision: 30 minutes remaining, visual range: about 600 feet

Grace pats her horse's mane gently as Sil and Tyral talk and Tyral chastises the strange woman. Grace is glad someone finally said something. Delighted that Sil wasn't going with them, Grace has a little smirk on her face as she waits for the group to depart. If I never see her again, it'll be too soon. Grace thinks to herself as they travel away from Sil. And people back home thought I was bad! Grace reflects on this for a second. Of course, they were all just jealous of how powerful I am! Glancing over at the dead orcs, Grace ignores the dead orcs and gear, figuring whatever they had must be junk and doesn't waste her time with it.

"Let's go and let's keep the chatter to a minimum as we don't know if there are more orc scouts around." Pre heads out and takes the lead on Hey Stupid.


Grace nods at Predat and replies quietly. Good idea.” Grace stays quiet as they travel toward Llorn, not wanting to alert any orcs or any other predators to their presence. Grace expends a little bit of psychic energy to help see what is around them, not wanting to be surprised.
Grace Alexander

HP: 23/23
SDC: 10/10

Conditions:
Sixth Sense
User avatar
Grace
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Magpie » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 63 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 19
Conditions: Fly as the Eagle (140 minutes left)

Ya-Blik wrote:Prior to mounting up, Tyral draws 25 PPE from Ravenscroft casts Fly as the Eagle on him and Margaret...


As Tyral works his magic, Lady Margaret glances at Doctor Ravenscroft. There is uncertainty in her expression, but she takes a deep breath, composes herself, and does her best to prepare herself for her first solo flight. Magpies and ravens are supposed to fly, she reminds herself.

After the spell has been cast upon her, Margaret tests it out by hovering only a few inches off the ground. She somehow wobbles a little in the air, but she manages to catch herself. She practices landing on her feet and floating upwards again. Once she’s confident that she isn’t going to fall, she relaxes and her movements become more natural. “How long does the spell last?” she asks Tyral. Assuming he tells her, Margaret notes the minutes that pass so that she doesn’t fall out of the air. “And how long will it take us to get to Llorn?”

After her questions, Margaret is as silent as a mouse as she flies along with the party traveling to Llorn.
Lady Margaret Evensen
P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 25
S.D.C.: 9

Leather of Iron:
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 100
• Modifiers: Impervious to Fire [Normal fire no damage, Magic fire 1/2 damage]
User avatar
Magpie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Doctor Ravenscroft » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 95/49%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3; 1d100 = 18
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Fly as an Eagle (140 minutes)

Doctor Ravenscroft gives his power freely, and accepts the spell from the more experienced mage. "While I have used flight spells before, I've never used this one." the Doctor says to Tyral, more for Margaret's sake than his own. Once airborne, he keeps close to his... Well that brings up a strange concept, is she really my employer, or... Ravenscroft shakes his head and just disregards the thought.

Ravenscroft looks to Margaret. "This should be interesting."
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft


P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35


Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger


Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 57 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 47 1d20 = 10

Conditions: Sustain (4 days)

Pre leads them out once he finally gets his bearings and moves as quickly as he can given the circumstances. He tries to get back to the main road to Llorn, but not too close to where he guesses the orcs are crossing it. Sil is an petulant idiot child. Wonder if any of these new guys are worth a shit in a fight? I bet that one called Grace is. Almost too confident. Well I'd prefer not to find out on our way back to Llorn. He leans forward and says very quietly, "Okay Hey Stupid, keep your eyes peeled." If it gets too bad Pre will activate another round of night-vision.

Land Navigation - 1d100 = 20 / 79%
Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 25 / 77% (find any orc sign as they travel)
Horsemanship Exotic - 1d100 = 5 / 102%/92%
Intelligence - 1d100 = 77 / 77%

(Pre didn't take anything.)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:55 pm


Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 0430
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: North of Hadrian's Cove





As they set out, Tyral offers a small smile to Margaret in response to her query, "With this, you can fly faster than most any horse for ... I would call it 3 hours to be on the safe side ... but I suspect our speed will be more sedate for night travel. You need not fly high, and it is probably best to keep yourself about horse-height. It gets you out of the mud and damp but not quite up into the branches with the spiders and bats. You may start to feel unsteady right before the spell ends, that’s a signal to get down in the next few minutes. Let’s see, Llorn, well riding along with us probably 4 days? That’s how long we took coming out. If we didn’t have the horses, we could be inside the walls having a hot bath by sundown but, that is life for landbound creatures hehe … " Oddly enough the Wizard seems to then close his eyes as his horse (occasionally prompted by Brago) follows along behind Predat.

As Petal plods along behind Predat and his ungodly riding-lizard-thing Ramsis mentally finds himself cursing the beast carrying him through the night. He pleads to his divine mistress with another prayer, that she gift him with a mount more befitting his desires, despite the fact that a giant spider large enough for a dwarf would likely be labelled demon-spawn or a monster without delay by any town or settlement he has ever been to in the last 90 years. Either way though, no giant spider presents itself.

For the next couple hours, the group travel as a brisk equine walk without much discussion (though not in silence, the horses’ tack and the gear they carry is not without their own creaks and rustles that seem louder to the ear in the dark of night). No Orcs or other enemies present themselves though, and as the eastern sky begins to ever so slightly lighten hinting at an oncoming dawn, the group finds itself a good 12 miles from the cave. Predat notes that Hey Stupid is getting a bit sluggish and that although he, Tatyana, and Tyral all put in a good 5-6 hours of sleep before the Castle-assault, others may not have so-adjusted their sleep schedules.


OOC: (Ramsis, you walked 20+ miles last night, assaulted a castle, then got on a big lumpy animal for 3 hours. Doc and Margaret, you have been up for at least 18 hours) --- Let’s call this 20 minutes left on Flight Round-1

==============================================
Silhouette – No Post.


Butcher's Bill:
Predat: --165 SDC to Armor, Helmet destroyed
Ramsis: -65 PPE, -2 charged stone
Silhouette: -49 PPE, -53 ISP
Doc: -40 PPE
Margaret:
Grace:


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:18 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 4 1d100 = 13
Perc: 68% / 1d100 = 88

Carrying: DImensional Pocket and objects worn on person.
Left with Petal: Backpack, saddlebags, Large Shoulder purse.

Conditions: Sixth Sense, Sustain (4-days)

Watching her companions and the new strangers depart for Llorn, Silhouette wraps her arms around her knees hugging them thoughtfully resting her chin on the top. Her thoughts spun about plans and presumptions as to the best way to go about her task. The one thing she knew was her return to Llorn would be at night via her lunar magic. She had studied it, practiced, and understood the execution, but she recalls the results of her first casting. She had hit that tree... It sent her blowing through the branches with such force she dismissed the magic lobbing herself in a parabola to the ground with a thunk. She recalls thinking that a second longer and she might have been falling to her significant injury or death. What a wonderful and frighting piece of magic. So she knew she was to return to just outside Llorn with that once she was done, so she would need it to be a night with a couple of hours to spare before dawn.

Thinking as she is she falls into meditation,"She wanted to find this other force, great enough to dislodge a city or what seems to be a nation of orcs. Her rumination wondered,"Why push these orcs out? Was there something there they wanted? Do they intend to claim the land?" She recalls how so often she was told to avoid the Western people as orcs and anyone else they could get ahold of were made into slaves. In any case, she knew she'd find out their persuasion if indeed they were Western as she suspects from the jeweled dagger Tyral found... Wincing she realizes,"Tyral's refusal to trade the weapon damaged her effort. If the former owner had been alive still, she might have found him for questioning. Well, can't help that now."

Still, the thoughts led her to consider Tyral's parting words,"I have every reason to take my own family into account when deciding whether Llorn's being blockaded and its people starving are reason enough to take action. Whether you like the idea of killing Orcs or not, they do not seem to mind taking food off the plates of Llorn's poor ... who will eventually turn on Llorns better off once they get hungry enough? You want to go, good luck."

Was she so wrong in trying for peace with the remaining orc's that it overshadowed the good she tried for? Did he not see this act as the same helping protect his family? Not that she didn't realize she should have said that while he was berating her, but still she bemoans,"Was the possible protection of his family by investigating who was so strong to push orcs north so little to him?"

Abandoning her disquiet over Tyral's seemingly dismissive tone for her efforts she returns to planning. Making a list in her mind she considers,"Who they are, finding a banner to describe or capture, size, count, transportation, animals used, location, landmarks..." Curious she wonders,"Could she abduct someone as she thought of the jeweled dagger owner?" Smiling she remembers,"Maybe do a Tyral and fly one-off somewhere to question?"

Sitting in continuos meditation Silhouette rests until the sun warms her before finally feeling ready to depart the cave's shelter. It wasn't a Keep like the one she wanted currently occupied by orcs, but it was a place she'd remember. It was a good location.

Preparing SIlhouette arranges her gear, rather stuffs her dimensional pocket with all the extra weight she was wearing save pants, shirt, and a knife. The words of magic play on her lips and the metamorphosis begins to change her shape as her minds-eye chooses the creature to become. Picturing a great eagle, (15 Ibs/4.5 Ibs encumbrance), Silhouette changes herself into a bald eagle. Flapping her new wings experimentally, if not with the sense of a brimming smile at the power of the motion, Silhouette stretches as she looks to the woods and the morning dew with a nod from her white-crowned head to nobody saying,"Well, what's the worse that can happen?" Pausing she laughs her wings dipping and bouncing at the sound of her own voice while in this shape. Shrugging as if someone else answering she says,"You get lost and return to Llorn...embarrassed?" As if a third person was in accompany she adds,"Famous last words if you get lost and something eats you." Before setting her feet and marching southward spouting one last thing to herself,“If you think this is dangerous, try routine rebuilding Llorn, it's lethal.” With that she lifts and carries herself into the sky southward in search of traveling orcs and a peculiar army that routed them.

Astronomy & Navigation -- 42% / 1d100 = 51 1d100 = 771d100 = 23 Finding her way directly south.
Area Knowledge (PF Eastern Territory) -- 37% / 1d100 = 16 1d100 = 91 1d100 = 67 (Looking for landmarks along the way)

As she flies, she rises and rises ascending while taking in the increasing vast swath of the Eastern Territories below her in wonder that grows with each beat of wings. This was so much different than Tyral's flying magic with the athletic beating of her wings, the effort like a continuous beat of her heart with each sweep and ascending lift she thought,"I could easily forget my purpose flying like this, so naturally at the moment." The thought did the moment in though, as it reminds her to keep on task at least a little. Checking her heading she makes sure she is going south and starts watching more closely for the path of the orc as she considers,"So many orcs had to leave a pretty obviously trodden track, right?" Track by sight 80% / 1d100 = 21 (Looking for traces of the orc passage which would directly lead to the army and where they fled through, in case more are still journeying north.)
NOTE TO GM: Comment about drinking water can be struck; forgot that SIlhouette has 4 days left of Sustain from Tyral's casting.)

Contingency: Silhouette will be flying up to 5,000ft, leaving her with exactly 5,560 feet of eagle exceptional vision to observe the land below her 1 full mile in all directions. (See Math for flight distance and routine in-flight for travel details below in first OOC tag.) She will land to drink water where she sees water sources ahead between recasts though will check the area for threats as she descends on the chosen spot. Drinking from her water skins in-between if none are available, or a clear threat of monsters would deter her and refilling the two water skins when able. She will mediate at each stop for 4 hours before setting off again to have enough ISP and PPE restored. Preferred shelter being overhanging rocks, or large trees to rest under. If she has not found anything by the end of the second casting of Metamorphosis, she will be assessing the plan going forward.

Each round of 144 minutes of Metamorphosis: Animal and Strength of Mind (x2) depletes 30 PPE and 20 ISP.
Each 4-hour meditation restores 40 PPE and 24 ISP.

Math for flight distance & routine in-flight per casting of Metamorphosis: Animal
Step 1: Cast Metamorphosis: Animal: Bald Eagle Pg 182

Step 2: Eagle burst of speed: 88 to 110 (75 MPH), going with max 110 speed for 2d4x10 minutes assessed as an average of 50 minutes = Distance 62.5 miles

The preamble to Strength of Mind in steps 3 & 5: No statement of how often burst of speed can be done for Bald is made, but pg 170 of PF M&A states 2-8 minutes rest before repeating a burst of speed is typical of all animals. We could surmise that due to the Supernatural Endurance of Strength of the Mind's 18-minute duration, this is a suitable rest period?

Step 3: Strength of the Mind flying indefatigably at max burst of speed of 110 (75 MPH) for 36 minutes = Distance 45 miles

Step 4: Now rested from Strength of Mind continuing into a normal fatigue Eagle burst of speed: 110 (75 MPH) for 2d4x10 minutes assessed as an average of 50 minutes = Distance 62.5 miles

Step 5: Strength of the Mind flying indefatigably at max burst of speed of 110 (75 MPH) for 36 minutes = Distance 45 miles

Step 6: Now rested from Strength of Mind continuing into a normal fatigue Eagle burst of speed: 110 (75 MPH) for 2d4x10 minutes assessed as an average of 50 minutes = Distance 62.5 miles

Step 7: 8 minutes flight at Average cruising Speed with neither Strength of Mind or Burst of Speed: 50 (35 MPH) = 4.6 miles.

Disregarded: Effort to ascend and speed of descent as it complicates unnecessarily.

Landing: Even at 10k feet that is 2 miles, time at 8 minutes cruising speed is more than enough by four times over to dive at 150mph to safely land anywhere in roughly 4 miles radius at 5k ceiling and 2 miles radius at 10k ceiling.

Total time in flight at 110 (75 MPH) = 136 minutes = 170 miles.
Time flying at Average cruising Speed: 50 (35 MPH) is 8 minutes = 4.6 miles.
Total distance: 174.6 miles
Average of 72.75 miles per hour.

Metamorphosis: Animal (EP Menu)
PF Main pg 202
Range: Self or other by ritual.
Duration: 20min/level
Save: NA
P.P.E.: 25 (30)
The invocation can completely transform a character into a particular animal, from an alley cat or cocker spaniel to a lion, wolf, alligator or bird. As the animal. the character gets all the inherent abilities and defenses that animal form may offer but retains his own ability to speak, memory, S.D.C. and Hit Points. The mage can return to his natural humanoid form (naked) at will. To determine the general abilities of an animal type, use the following tables. Note: For an in-depth description of animals and their abilities, you might want to take a look at The PF Monsters & Animals.

Strength of the Mind
ISP (10)
(Rifter 25) 2 minutes/lvl; The psychic gains +10 to P.S., +5 to P.E. and +20 S.D.C. for the duration & Supernatural Strength & Endurance.

Eagle: Booted or Bald PF Monster & Animals pg 182
Size: 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 feet tall (0.75 to I m); 9- 15 pounds, wingspan:
7-10 feet (2.1 to 3.0 m).
Hit Points: Equal to Silhouette's
Attacks Per Melee: Equal to Silhouette's
Damage: Talons do 2D6+2 points of damage, bite does 2D4
damage; dive attacks do double damage.
Bonuses: +2 on initiative, +4 to strike, and +4 to dodge.
Natural Abilities: Fly, exceptional vision (2 miles/3.2 km),
Nightvision 400 feet, prowl (silent swooping attack) 64%,
track by smell 46% and track by sight 80%.
Speed: 50, but can reach speeds of 88 to 110 (60 to 75 mph) in
bursts lasting 2D4x lO minutes. The eagle can dive at an astounding
speed of 220 ( 150 mph/241 km).


Gear Carried
Equipment

Carried/In Hand

Worn on Person (Total weight carried 3.75 Ibs; dimensional bag)

Shirt (wool) (1/2 Ibs)
Work Pants (1/2 Ibs)
Belt (1/4 Ibs)[/b]
Lucky/Unlucky Dagger (1/2 Ibs)
Dimensional Bag (2 Ibs)

Dimensional Bag (On Silhouette) (2 Ibs bag) (25.5 Ibs internal)
Image
Uncommon Enchanted Satchel
• Effect: Dimensional Pocket (8.0 Years, 30 lbs. Max Weight)
• Weight: 2.0 lbs.
• Modifiers: Ley-Line Crafted
Source: BoM pg.247
Contains

Socks, Pair (1/4 Ibs)
Boots (2 1/2 lbs together)



Utility Belt
[size=85]Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: knife, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Thread of Iron (5')
• Attachment: Magic Bandages (11')
• Attachment: Aura of Non-Scent 1 oz. (3/5 Doses, approximately 20 minutes per dose)
• Attachment: Medium, Sack: 1 Fire Globe (Normal, lvl 8) (1 Ibs)

Kobold Throwing Knives (4) (2 on forearms/2 under pants in boots) (8th Lvl Lightning Strike Enchanted, Ley-Line Strength) (1/2 Ibs each)

Short Bow (Back/w quiver) (1 Ibs)
--Quiver: Arrows (36/36 arrows) (Back) 1 1/2 Ibs)

Cloak of Shadows (3 lbs)
Dagger of Foebane (Sheathed on hip) (1 lbs)
Foebane Dagger of Good (Sheathed on hip) (1 lbs)
(Worn under shirt at small of back)

Skull of Knowledge (2.5 Ibs)
2 x Water skin (1 quart) (2 Ibs each full)

Small Sacks (Items with * bundled in this sack for ease) (1 Ibs internal)
*(3) Doses of Witchbane: (Contact poison) A blend of toxins. Damage: 3D6 per melee round for two melees.
*(3) Doses of Viper: (Ingestive): Slight tart taste, slight odor, does 6D6 damage per dose.
*(2) Doses of Gibber: Damage (Contact poison/touch as a handshake): 3D6 initially as well as an inability to speak coherently. Try as the victim might, he will not be able to speak anything that does not come out as gibberish. He still can write and use sign language, however. The mumbling effects last for 3D4 days. Note: For each dose the victim takes of Gibber, there is a 3% cumulative chance the effects are permanent.
Telepathic Stone (Elias had distant end stone) (1/2 Ibs)

1 Firewick ("Acba," to light, 1 minute per with 20/20 activation's);
Heart of Flame 2 oz. (2 doses each: Torch sized fire grow/spread 3x size for 1D4 melees.)
1 Tinder box
Soap (2 oz.)
Goblin Skull x1 (1/2 Ibs)
Magical Scroll • Effect: Necromancy Spell: Skull with Flaming Eyes (13th level spell)
6 Fire Globe (Leyline Strength, lvl 8) (1 Ibs each)
2 Bottles of ink (2oz each) (Black & Red), 3 Crow Quill pens
4 Graphite sticks/4 Chalk sticks
12 sheets of parchment paper

((END OF DIMENSIONAL BAGS CONTENTS)))


((((END OF EFFECTS CARRIED BY SILHOUETTE)))))
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:20 am

OOC: Conceptually it seems wrong to me to have Silhouette try to fly at essentially a dead sprint max speed of 75 MPH and also have her carefully look along the ground for signs of any disturbance in a wilderness area, over the course of hours of flight. A dead sprint makes looking for things pretty difficult from a mile up, even with spectacular vision. From what I gather, that lets you look at a relatively small area/target without losing detail, but not a 2-mile wide swath of countryside for every bootprint (even if you could see through forest canopy/fog/etc). Seeing if there were large groups (30+) of additional trailing orcs would not be too hard, but I am not sure about how the sight-tracking of a bird of prey translates for a spell-caster taking on animal form. It's not like she herself has the skill or you are smelling your way back along a trail that has been located.

Navigating from the Air
“Navigating from the Air is more difficult than most people imagine too. Ground-dwelling creatures like humans are accustomed to a ground level perspective not an aerial one. Thus, it is easy to lose one's bearings from up high or even flying among the trees where everything looks different and familiar landmarks are obscured by trees. One tends to lose his sense of time, speed of travel, direction and distance, especially when flying high, up in the clouds or in a storm or other condition that obscures one's vision and hides the ground. This is even worse for subterranean beings who often get "air sick" (i.e. feel a bit frightened, nauseous and dizzy, and may need to stop periodically to vomit) when flying. As a result, inexperienced flyers are easily disoriented when traveling by the air. When flying, the Land Navigation skill is reduced to -20% during the day and -30% at night (-30% and -50% respectively for subterranean folk). Reduce the penalty to only -10% if flying low to the ground; 50 feet (15 m) or lower in most environments, 20 feet (6m) in the forests of the Hinterlands.” [Northern Hinterlands Pg 33 and Baalgor Wastelands Pg 22]
Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 1430
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: South, and East[?] of Hadrian's Cove …





In the morning, Silhouette rouses herself to find she has fallen asleep in the cave (No post, no backtracking to make it ‘productive meditation’). She is sore and a bit cold and finds herself missing the environmental tent she had begun taking for granted but eventually rubs the sleep from her eyes and finds that in the night a low fog crept in, not a heavy dense blanket impenetrable from above, but a veil that is barely there and so thin it could never keep one warm. Stripping off boots and socks to shove them into the dimensional bag she finds that without care pebbles and small rocks will be an abnormal aggravation over time without footwear but she could probably pass for a well-fed refugee or recent runaway and has a bit of reflection to redouble her view that the others had been too hasty in dismissing looking into whatever drove the Orcs Northwards, that her own barbs about comrades who had fought at Silhouett's side against demons as willing to lick others’ smallclothes clean were surely not as offensive as taken. The changeling-girl’s hands begin to weave and twist with her whispered focus and she takes the proud form of a large eagle [-30PPE] and launches herself skyward.

Flight, as done by actual birds is tougher than it looks, and while Silhouette quickly finds that the rushing air and biting cold when flying into a headwind are tougher than she realized giving her a measure of respect for the avians without magic whose sole existence is largely dedicated to fighting gravity’s persistent pull. Flying into the wind slows one's progress, especially when it is muscle powered, and a cool breeze is not always a friend to the flier. After about 20 minutes, Silhouette passes Veil lake on her right and she takes a heading that brings her up and out into the sky surging over forests, streams and footpaths without any visible Orc troop (or other) groups visible. Undaunted the raptor-mage flies onward searching for nearly another 2 hours, taking the time meditate for 4 hours [+30 PPE, +20 ISP] before refreshing her metamorphosis enchantment [-30 PPE] and psychic strength [-10 ISP] moving onward until the forest begins to thin, then the landscape beneath her shifts. Below her beating wings lies a broken landscape of twisted trees and shattered boulders which cast jagged shadows in the afternoon light. Silhouette still has not found the Old Kingdom River, but recognizes the Shattered Mountains all along the eastern horizon of her view. To the south, she sees the beginnings of a thunderstorm beginning to brew and rumble before looking down once more for signs or Orcish refugees. In the distance she sees a moving black patch on the ground with small glints, which as she draws nearer Silhouette eventually resolves are hundreds of eyes from the thousands of ravens which have descended on … something down there.


Butcher's Bill:
Silhouette: -30 PPE, -10 ISP, 60.00 Minutes Remaining on Metamorphosis


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Previous

Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest