Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Ya-Blik » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:25 pm

Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1030
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze
Location: Llorn




OOC: Sending Bonk to the Market to give him the chance to make purchases, everyone else got at least a pass through the bazaar. If you don't want anything, just arrive back after a walk to briefly see the sights.

Durak heads upstairs to speak with the Master Collector, ""Unit is in. One man down as he has some commitment, which nobody is able to quite explain. We should be enough for what you need. Currently, we will be ready within a few hours. If you need us quicker, just let me know." The Gnome cocks an eyebrow presumably at the personnel change over the span of just minutes but eventually gives a small shrug, "I am calling in a favor from an old friend at the Brotherhood of Magic so shorten up the travel and try to cover distance before the trail is lost. We are looking at trying to find a trail a week old, hundreds of miles from here. So, in 4 hours be in front of the Brotherhood."

Durak is dismissed and proceeds to collect his gear and meet Trask ,who had completed his own personal devotions and preparations with professional alacrity, in the taproom and they find that Tindish (and Bonk?) have gone shopping.

Tindish proceeds back to the Grand Bazaar, squinting at the bright daylight after his eyes had become accustomed to a more reasonable interior level. The Kobold eventually locates a grey pony named Zynn for sale at the admittedly steep price of 2,200 Gold.

OOC Comments
Please note an animal does not come with built in seating, though Tindish is free to go bareback ...
Saddle: 80 gold
War Saddle: 250 gold (includes holsters and straps for stowing weapons)
Bridle: 20 gold
Saddle Blanket: 6 gold
Saddlebag: 10 gold
Eastern Territory Pg 121


Please advise what purchases Tindish may wish to make.




Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1030
Environment: Warm
Location: ~1 Week East of the Shattered Mountains


Theron had been tracking the creature for nearly 3 days, ever since the ranger's cabin where the dying man had begged him to save a child carried off by a monster. The man must have been clinging to life for at least a day, blind and bleeding out of the gut from ragged claw gashes that had turned green while hoping that someone who could help would find him. Theron had been unable to do anything for the injuries. Hell he had barely been able to hold down his lunch. Nevertheless he had felt compelled to try and track the thing which ... he came to suspect was a Manticore, and based on the big lion-tracks, and a pair of massive front paws he could just barely see from here, had carried the girl to a cave he estimated was maybe 400' off.

Manticore2.JPG
Manticore2.JPG (77.82 KiB) Viewed 951 times



Butcher's Bill:
TBD


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 96/65%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 4; 1d100 = 59
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible Armor.

Trask sits in the taproom and looks to Durak. "So were are we supposed to meet your Master Collector at?" The old sergeant asks, trying to fill in the blanks. Once Durak gives him and answer, Trask nods. "I suppose we should go after Tindish and Bonk, to get them to the right place on time then." Trask says as he grunts and gets himself to his feet. "I'm guessing you're taking your cart?' Trask asks, in a manner showing he thinks he knows the answer, as he walks to the stables to collect his faithful mule Garrick. Trask makes his way to the only place he is sure Tindish knows is a market and looks about for him and the Ogre Bonk. They shouldn't be that hard to find, Bonk is massive and Kolbolds aren't that common here. Trask thinks hoping he isn't worng and there isn't suddenly a Kolbold and Ogre convention going on.


Once Trask finds the duo, and tells them of the time frame they have to work with, Trask will follow along until it's time to make their way to the Brotherhood of Magic.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Theron Wymond » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:25 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 94 / 1d20 = 16
Perception [19%]: 1d100 = 67

Skills:
Detect Ambush [44%]: 1d100 = 8 (Watch for signs of an impending attack; where he could ambush the Manticore)
Lore, Demons and Monsters [59%]: 1d100 = 34 (Manticore lairs; strengths and weakness?)
Wilderness Survival [64%]: 1d100 = 25 (Nearby animals he may have to contend with)
Horsemanship, Knight [Ride: 54%]: 1d100 = 2 (Crit Success) (Steer Gault to avoid the Manticore while being able to hopefully hit him)

Can't save them all, but if I can save the child, it will be worth it. The hunter thinks to himself as he nears the quarry he has been tracking, moving slowly with his horse. The ranger's death had weighed on him, as had the prospect of saving the child who is likely without a family now. Manticore's are vile beasts that must be put down; gold or not, they have no place in the world beyond terrorizing those who inhabit it. This child is nothing more than a snack, I hope I make it in time to save them. Might try to save the beasts barbs for some gold in the next city, too. He thinks as he continues on. When his eyes spots the large lion-like footprints a ways off, he looks for any signs of the beast or its lair. Moving closer, he glances down at his horse. "Hmm." He looks around, looking to the path his horse can traverse. I know Gault can outrun a Manticore. He thinks to himself as he grips his small crossbow. He pats his horse on the side of its shoulder. Time to lure this beast out to the open.

He'll cautiously approach the cave with Gault with the intent to attract the attention of the Manticore and lead it out of the cave. Leveling his crossbow, he'll release a bolt towards the entrance, and palm his star. When he hears/sees or otherwise knows the Manticore is moving towards him, he'll lead Gault on a wide arc, luring it into a chase. Come on, come and get me you fiend. He thinks amid the flurry of neighs from his horse. If he has the opening, he'll lob a Carpet of Adhesion at the Manticore, attempting to stick it in one place. Regardless of if his CoA hits, he'll mutter "Purify" and release it towards the Manticore before feeling the small blade return to his hand.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 15 (+6 w/ Sixth Sense)
APM: 5

A1: Fire bolt towards the cave, maybe the Manticore if he spots him. Strike: 1d20+2 = 16 | DMG: 1d6 = 2
A2: Take off with Gault
A3: Carpet of Adhesion
A4: Mutter "Purify" then lob the star towards the Manicore. Strike: 1d20+2 = 11 | DMG: 3d6 = 17
A5: Star returns.

Carpet of Adhesion, Main Book, pg 194
Range: 30 feet (9 m) +10 feet (3 m) per level of experience.
Duration: 10 melees (2 1/2 minutes) per level of experience.
Savings Throw: Special. If a successful saving throw vs magic is
made, that player rolls 2D6 to see how many melee rounds it will take
him to pull free. Those failing to make the saving throw are stuck for
the entire duration of the spell. Effective even against giants, and supernatural beings (and robots).
P.P.E.: Ten
The spell caster creates a sticky carpet, up to 10 feet (3 m) wide by
20 feet (6 m) long, that will adhere firmly to anyone who touches it.
The victim will stay stuck until the carpet spell time elapses or until the
spell caster cancels the spell. The carpet can be cast on a floor, table,
wall, etc., or upon a person. The spell caster can alter the size and shape
of this super flypaper (without exceeding the stated limit of 200 square
feet), but it is always a flat sheet or carpet.


Contingencies

If the Manticore gets danger close, he'll cast Armor of Ithan.

Melee Combat Contingency
Combat Contingency

He'll cast Armor of Ithan before engaging the Manticore and leading it away from Gault should he be knocked off, or forced to dismount.

Parries: 1d20+6 = 24 | 1d20+6 = 24 | 1d20+6 = 14 | 1d20+6 = 20 | 1d20+6 = 13

A1: Armor of Ithan (3 Min | 130 S.D.C. | A.R. 18)
A2: Move in on Manticore, strike with Broadsword w/ both hands. Strike: 1d20+4 = 14 (+2 w/ Sixth Sense) | DMG: (2d4+1)+2 = 7
A3: Continue his assault. Strike: 1d20+4 = 22 (+2 w/ Sixth Sense) | DMG: (2d4+1)+2 = 10
A4: Continue his assault. Strike: 1d20+4 = 15 (+2 w/ Sixth Sense) | DMG: (2d4+1)+2 = 9
A5: Continue his assault. Strike: 1d20+4 = 7 (+2 w/ Sixth Sense) | DMG: (2d4+1)+2 = 11

If he can get within touching range of the child, he will cast AoI on the child as well at the loss of one of his attacks.

Theron Wymond of Klagovisa Skärm


Active Conditions: Sixth Sense [2] | See Ley Lines and Magic
Personal: H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C.: 24/24 | P.P.E.: 96/96 | I.S.P.: 20/20
Armor: Janissary Load Rig: A.R.: 11 | S.D.C.: 95/95
Mount: A.R.: 17 | S.D.C. w/ Barding: 160/160 | Natural S.D.C.: 46/46 | H.P.: 33/33 || Bonuses: +1 Initiative, +4 Strike, +2 Dodge, +4 Save vs HF, +1 Save vs Poison/Disease


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 3% [23% w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Magic (varies): +0
Lethal Poison (14+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Disease: +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (varies): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
Mind Control (Undead): +6 [Immune when wearing Medallion of Willpower]
Psionic Mind Control/Illusions: +2 [+4 when wearing Medallion of Willpower]

User avatar
Theron Wymond
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:58 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Tindish » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 100 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC:1d20 = 1 and 1d100 = 57

At the market

Ya-Blik wrote:Tindish proceeds back to the Grand Bazaar, squinting at the bright daylight after his eyes had become accustomed to a more reasonable interior level. The Kobold eventually locates a grey pony named Zynn for sale at the admittedly steep price of 2,200 Gold.

OOC Comments
Please note an animal does not come with built in seating, though Tindish is free to go bareback ...
Saddle: 80 gold
War Saddle: 250 gold (includes holsters and straps for stowing weapons)
Bridle: 20 gold
Saddle Blanket: 6 gold
Saddlebag: 10 gold
Eastern Territory Pg 121


Please advise what purchases Tindish may wish to make.


Tinidsh eyes the grey pony and turns back to the vendor, he squints slightly wondering, Do I try to negotiate? He reaches down and jingles one of his coin purses, cocks his head and smiles at the man. "Zynn you say? A steep price you ask sir." He pauses, straightens his head, drawing his shoulders back and standing tall. "I'll take the animal!" He reaches his hand out as an affirmation of closing the transaction. "I will of course need all the accoutrements my good sir. A war saddle. Of course. As I am a fierce warrior."

Tindish saunters to the pony and stroke the back of it's head then continues, "A bridle, Saddle blanket and saddle bag as well." Tindish leans in to the Pony and whispers to it, "We will make history my noble stead. You and I together. They will talk of Tinidsh and Zynn for generations to come."

Once everything is purchased and outfitted on Zynn Tindish will mount the Pony and make his way back to the Inn to meet the rest of the group. He will ride proud and tall, keeping the pony at a prance.



At the Inn

Tindish will seek out Trask to tell him the great news. "Look at this stunning stead!" He will start with enthusiastically, "Have you even seen such a majestic animal?" Smiling and content Tinidsh will stroke the mane of the Pony.

"This should complete my preparations, where to now good Trask?" Not having many belongings, Tindish gathers what he does have and straps his backpack to the back of the saddle.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Tindish
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Durak » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:29 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 11
JIC 1d100 = 34 1d20 = 5

Ya-Blik wrote:The Gnome cocks an eyebrow presumably at the personnel change over the span of just minutes but eventually gives a small shrug, "I am calling in a favor from an old friend at the Brotherhood of Magic so shorten up the travel and try to cover distance before the trail is lost. We are looking at trying to find a trail a week old, hundreds of miles from here. So, in 4 hours be in front of the Brotherhood."


"See you there then," Durak gives Old Thom a thumbs up before heading back downstairs, feeling pretty good about himself. Learning and earning money at the same time was a win/win for Durak.

Tolliver Trask wrote:Trask sits in the taproom and looks to Durak. "So were are we supposed to meet your Master Collector at?"


"Be outside the Brotherhood of Magic in 4 hours. He's arranged a shortcut for us to get there quickly. Guessing some form of magic." Durak replies as he comes back downstairs.

Tolliver Trask wrote:"I'm guessing you're taking your cart?' Trask asks, in a manner showing he thinks he knows the answer,


"We need the space for our gear and to fit Bonk," Durak shrugs before he leans in
"Want me to hold onto the note or go and pay in now, creating accounts for Bonk and Tindish?"

Depending on the answer, Durak either goes to the bank, depositing the money in the five accounts, whilst asking after the man they had rescued to see how he was doing
or
he gets the cart ready, having purchased what he needed earlier, waiting for the others to arrive.
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Bonk Boree » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 62/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 38

Durak wrote:
Tolliver Trask wrote:Trask sits in the taproom and looks to Durak. "So were are we supposed to meet your Master Collector at?"


"Be outside the Brotherhood of Magic in 4 hours. He's arranged a shortcut for us to get there quickly. Guessing some form of magic." Durak replies as he comes back downstairs.


Bonk nods. "Sounds like plan." He turns to Tindish. "Are you game, traveling buddy? Or shopping plans of your own?"

He'll pay the tab (hopefully 100 gp will be enough with a nice tip) and head out into the shops, humming to himself as he goes along. If those Earthshakers are as well-liked as they say, then maybe this won't be too unpleasant an experience. He is of course on his best behavior and makes every effort to put his best massive foot forward in all the shops he enters.

OOC: In the interests of time, we can simply do the transactions OOC-style or we can roleplay things out if that's preferred.

Item #1 -- a new war hammer, preferably Kobold or Dwarven make, with at least +3 damage and +1 parry/strike bonus.
- Bartering -- 1d100 = 83/40%; 1d100 = 37/40%; 1d100 = 75/40%
- Recognize Weapon Quality -- 1d100 = 93/57%, 1d100 = 32/57%, 1d100 = 10/57%

Item #2 -- get additional 20 SDC to studded leather armor
- Bartering -- 1d100 = 92/40%; 1d100 = 97/40%; 1d100 = 49/40%
- Recognize Weapon Quality -- 1d100 = 81/57%, 1d100 = 43/57%, 1d100 = 56/57%

Item #3 -- non-perishable food supplies for a month if possible (or at least 2 weeks)
- Bartering -- 1d100 = 31/40%; 1d100 = 43/40%; 1d100 = 34/40%
User avatar
Bonk Boree
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Ya-Blik » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:00 pm


Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1420
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze
Location: Llorn





Durak explains that Thom has a plan to get them out via some kind of magic. Tindish returns with his new mount Zynn a short time later, followed thereafter by Bonk. The quartet assemble with all their collective gear and make their way to the Brotherhood of Magic in search of their diminutive taskmaster/employer.

Tindish_Purchases
Pony (Zynn) 2,200 Gold.
War Saddle: 250 gold (includes holsters and straps for stowing weapons)
Bridle: 20 gold
Saddle Blanket: 6 gold
Saddlebag: 10 gold
Total: 2,486 Gold deducted


Bonk_Shopping
40 lbs Smoked Sausage (PFRPG pg 274; 300 gp total)
10 lbs Cheese (PFRPG pg 274; 100 gp total)
4 Pint of Honey (PFRPG pg 274; 40 gp total)
30 lbs Oatmeal (PFRPG pg 274; 30 gp total)
Food Sub-Total: 470 gold
“If an item's rarity requires more than one skill check, a different skill must be used for every additional required check.” so no Warhammer should be available, but this one time … Bonk is able to locate a
Kobold made Giant-Sized Warhammer, 4d4+2, 4ft, 10lbs
** Please indicate if Bonk wishes to purchase @ 250 Gold



What are you doing?




Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1030.25
Environment: Warm
Location: ~1 Week East of the Shattered Mountains


The Undead Hunter searches his memory for his knowledge of Manticores and recall that the beasts, despite their human faces, are not typically very bright nor are they as fast as most any horse let alone one as well bred as Gault. Steadying his crossbow to aim over the forearm holding his reins the man fires off a crossbow bold into the shadows just above the paws at the mouth of the cave before wheeling immediately to gallop down the path just ahead of a roar tinged with humanoid sounding fury.

The ground jolts him for a moment as Gault’s gait opens into a run as he casts Carpet of Adhesion on the ground just a moment after he passes over and reaches for a throwing blade. A glance back over his shoulder gives Theron an eyeful of a 9-ft lion body running down the path and erupts in a huge leap EU COA House Rules that carries him over the COA as your burning blade buries itself in its chest. With a howl the creature careens off the path into the woods and the blade flies back to Theron’s hand. He has lost sight of the creature but it is out here now … somewhere.


Butcher's Bill:
Theron: -10 PPE, -1 Crossbow bolt


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Theron Wymond » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:31 am

JiC: 1d100 = 38 / 1d20 = 18
Perc [19%]: 1d100 = 26

Active Abilities: Sixth Sense [2]

As the star returns to Theron's hand, he scopes the woods out with a frown and slings his small crossbow to the side of his steed again. "Shit." He mutters barely above his breathe. And the hunter becomes the hunted. Make a break for the cave, try to grab the kid and get it out of danger's path. It's caught my scent, I'll see this beast again. Theron affirms in his mind and pulls on the reigns, steering his horse towards the cave he found the creature in.

When he nears the cave, he'll attempt to snatch the kid up if he's near the entrance of the cave, hopping off just long enough to grab the kid and get back on his steed.

If, at any point, he hears or sees the Manticore, or his danger sense warns him of impending and immediate close up danger, he'll activate his own personal Armor of Ithan and parry any onslaught he can. Otherwise, his goal is to grab the kid and ride out, leaving the Manticore's home turf where he is at a disadvantage.

Skills:
Horsemanship, Knight; Ride [54%]: 1d100 = 20 (Efficient riding, weaving and dodging any hazards)
Detect Ambush [44%]: 1d100 = 14 (Watch for signs of the Manticore)

Combat Contingency:

APM: 5 (+1 SoUL)
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 10 (+6 with Sixth Sense)
Parries: 1d20+6 = 18 (+2 SoUL) (+2 6th Sense) | 1d20+6 = 18 (+2 SoUL) (+2 6th Sense) | 1d20+6 = 14 (+2 SoUL) (+2 6th Sense) | 1d20+6 = 20 (+2 SoUL) (+2 6th Sense) | 1d20+6 = 26 (+2 SoUL) (+2 6th Sense)

A1: AoI (10PPE)
A2: Strength of Utgard Loki (15PPE)
A3: Firebolt (10PPE). Strike: 1d20+4 = 15 | DMG: 5d6 = 19
A4: Slash with his blade. Strike: 1d20+6 = 15 | DMG: 2d6+4 = 12
A5: Slash with his blade. Strike: 1d20+6 = 18 | DMG: 2d6+4 = 11
A6: Slash with his blade. Strike: 1d20+6 = 20 | DMG: 2d6+4 = 8

Theron Wymond of Klagovisa Skärm


Active Conditions: Sixth Sense [2] | See Ley Lines and Magic
Personal: H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C.: 24/24 | P.P.E.: 96/96 | I.S.P.: 20/20
Armor: Janissary Load Rig: A.R.: 11 | S.D.C.: 95/95
Mount: A.R.: 17 | S.D.C. w/ Barding: 160/160 | Natural S.D.C.: 46/46 | H.P.: 33/33 || Bonuses: +1 Initiative, +4 Strike, +2 Dodge, +4 Save vs HF, +1 Save vs Poison/Disease


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 3% [23% w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Magic (varies): +0
Lethal Poison (14+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Disease: +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (varies): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
Mind Control (Undead): +6 [Immune when wearing Medallion of Willpower]
Psionic Mind Control/Illusions: +2 [+4 when wearing Medallion of Willpower]

User avatar
Theron Wymond
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:58 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Tindish » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:58 am

Perception: 1d100 = 77 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC:1d20 = 11 and 1d100 = 24

Tindish rides proudly to the meeting location. One hand on the reins and one hand pointedly on his hip. With his head held high and his shoulders back he turns to Bonk looking up, "Amazing animal, my Zynn." He reaches out front of himself and strokes the pony's main. Such great success, in such a short time. I am one lucky kobold. That's for sure. The gods look favorable on me.

The smile on his face large and infectious, Tinidsh is flooded with emotion. Feeling taller than he has ever been, owning his own magnificent steed. The wonderous benefits of joining the Trask gang are far from unnoticed. Tindish prods the pony slightly to get a bit closer to Trask himself, "Sir Trask, again I want you to know what an honor it is to ride with you. Thank you. I see amazing things in our future." Tinidsh will nod graciously and then slow Zynn back down to fall in line with Bonk.

"I shall miss the fox, good Bonk. Do you think we will meet him again one day?" He will continue to make small talk as they ride, silence was not in the cards for the current ride as Tindish is over joyed at everything to come. "We will again endeavor to save the good people. How exciting! This is wonderful! And Sir Trask's mention of a farm, or land. Amazing! Such wonderful things! Don't you think?"
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Tindish
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Ya-Blik » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:50 pm

Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1030.50
Environment: Warm
Location: ~1 Week East of the Shattered Mountains


Theron wheels his mount around to loop back towards the cave entrance and snaps the reins briskly to give Gault speed. Keeping his eyes peeled, the Undead Hunter surges back to give a wide berth on the far side of the sun-dappled Carpet of Adhesion lying in the midst of the path. Your eyes fervently dart from shadow to shadow looking for the huge creature that had given chase. By your estimate it must have been 700lbs at least ... Gault canters up to the cave's entrance a ragged gash in the stone face of a cliff a short (70-80') distance uphill from a riverbank, but as you slide from the saddle and begin to sprint up to the entrance the hairs at the base of your neck stand straight the hell up and Theron finishes his Armor of Ithan spell [-10 PPE] as he skitters to a halt short of the threshold, Theron's mind races and he casts a 2nd enchantment Strength of Utgard Loki [-15 PPE] and his eyes lock with the wolf-sized (and child-faced) Manticore about 20ft into the cave's depths and you hastily draw your sword. Theron cannot see the back of the cave, it seems to curve around to the left about 20ft beyond the smaller creature ...


Butcher's Bill:
Theron: -35 PPE, -1 Crossbow bolt


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Theron Wymond » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:53 am

Perception [19%]: 1d100 = 4
JiC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 32

Active Abilities: Armor of Ithan A.R.: 18 | 110 SDC | 1m:00s] | Strength of Utgard Loki [0m:30s | S.D.C. increase 2d6+6 = 11] | Sixth Sense [Engaged -2ISP]

When the hunter rounds the corner and spots the wolf-sized, child Manticore, he furrows his brow. I must act quickly. The baby was likely food for this one, if it still lives. And this creature, adolescent of not, is still a creature of evil intelligence. It's mother will be back to protect it. I must be careful with my expenditure. I only wish I had a means to subdue this one. Hopefully the mother returns for me and not Gault. Theron resolves in his mind and moves to quickly engage and kill the smaller Manticore before the mother returns. Amid his flurries against the Manticore, he'll call out for the child. "Child, are you in here, make some noise?!" He says between the rings of steel from his blade and the Manticore.

Initiative: 1d20+9 = 25
APM: 6
Parries: 1d20+10 = 17 | 1d20+10 = 18 | 1d20+10 = 20 | 1d20+10 = 13 | 1d20+10 = 27 | 1d20+10 = 21

A1: Approaching and slashing the Wolf-sized Manticore. Strike: 1d20+8 = 23 | DMG: 2d6+4 = 7
A2: Slashing the Wolf-sized Manticore. Strike: 1d20+8 = 27 | DMG: 2d6+4 = 10
A3: Slashing the Wolf-sized Manticore. Strike: 1d20+8 = 19 | DMG: 2d6+4 = 8
A4: Slashing the Wolf-sized Manticore. Strike: 1d20+8 = 13 | DMG: 2d6+4 = 13
A5: Slashing the Wolf-sized Manticore. Strike: 1d20+8 = 10 | DMG: 2d6+4 = 9
A6: Slashing the Wolf-sized Manticore. Strike: 1d20+8 = 14 | DMG: 2d6+4 = 16

Contingency:
If he kills the Manticore, he'll immediately move past it and attempt to search out the child.

If he sees the Mother, he'll turn to face her being literally backed into a cave he has no choice. Fuck. I may die here, but this beast will be limping away before I'm through. His will is resolved.

Theron Wymond of Klagovisa Skärm


Active Conditions: Sixth Sense [2] | See Ley Lines and Magic
Personal: H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C.: 24/24 | P.P.E.: 96/96 | I.S.P.: 20/20
Armor: Janissary Load Rig: A.R.: 11 | S.D.C.: 95/95
Mount: A.R.: 17 | S.D.C. w/ Barding: 160/160 | Natural S.D.C.: 46/46 | H.P.: 33/33 || Bonuses: +1 Initiative, +4 Strike, +2 Dodge, +4 Save vs HF, +1 Save vs Poison/Disease


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 3% [23% w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Magic (varies): +0
Lethal Poison (14+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Disease: +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (varies): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
Mind Control (Undead): +6 [Immune when wearing Medallion of Willpower]
Psionic Mind Control/Illusions: +2 [+4 when wearing Medallion of Willpower]

User avatar
Theron Wymond
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:58 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Ya-Blik » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:05 pm

Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1030.75
Environment: Warm
Location: ~1 Week East of the Shattered Mountains


The creature before him offers a growl of sorts and Theron is near-sure that he heard a voice crack in the process. The Undead Hunter advances blade first and slashes the creature across the face drawing a surprised cry of alarm from the smaller creature. Theron surmises most of this thing's meals must not have been in the condition to fight back. He calls out into the cave, "Child, are you in here, make some noise?!" as the wolf-sized creature whips a barbed tail/stinger toward Theron that is parried with minimal effort.

A shrill voice drifts up from the back of the cave as you slash once more, "Down here!! In the Pit! Da is that you?!??" This time the creature lunges forward and you open a large wound across one of its forelegs. It lands in the doorway, and the creatures tail lashes out once more, this time sliding deftly under your parrying attempt to smack into your mystic armor [-6 SDC]. Theron sees the thing visibly hobbling as it glances from him, to the forest, back to the cave, then visibly decides to flee as you hear "Da?! Be careful there's Two!!"

Gault appears to decide that getting in the way of a wolf-sized-lion-man-thing is not a good plan and he gives it a wide damn berth as the creature scrambles off into the forest.

Theron warily turns back and hustles into the cave, knowing his enchantments are limited. He follows the voice and rounds the corner to find a 8ft deep pit occupied by a girl of maybe 6 or 7, "Who're you? Can you help me??"


Butcher's Bill:
Theron: -35 PPE, -1 Crossbow bolt


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Theron Wymond » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:19 am

Perception [19%]: 1d100 = 1
JiC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 84

Active Abilities: Armor of Ithan A.R.: 18 | 104 SDC | 0m:45s] | Strength of Utgard Loki [0m:15s | S.D.C. increase: 11]

When Theron hears the sound of the child's remarks, his actions become more focused now that he knows the child is still alive. Something good may come of this after all. Just this beast and it's forsaken mother are in the way. He thinks to himself. When the beast scurries off, he rushes down the corridor knowing his time is limited. "Your father sent me" Is all Theron responds, not wanting to burden the child with the death of the man before first getting them both to safety.

Depending on how deep the pit is, Theron knows that his abilities are augmented thanks to the Strength of Utgard Loki, he can jump a little over 12 feet high with ease. If the child is in a pit no deeper than that, he will hop down, lift the kid and leap back out. He is moving with haste, and carries the kid out, only stopping if he sees the Manticores again.

Moving to Gault as quickly as possibly, he hoists the child up, hops on and kicks Gault into gear.

Skills
Horsemanship, Knight, Ride [54%]: 1d100 = 24 (Ride fast and keep the kid secured)
Wilderness Survival [64%]: 1d100 = 31 (Find his way back to the road / path)
Detect Ambush [44%]: 1d100 = 36 (Avoid points the Manticore may use for ambush points, watch for signs of attack)


Contingencies
If the pit the kid is in is deeper than 12 feet (holy shite that's a deep pit) He'll climb down, hoist the kid onto his back, and climb back up.
Climb [64%]: 1d100 = 36

If, before being able to mount Gault and ride out, he is obstructed or otherwise impeded by the Manticore(s), he reach into his back of holding and fetch one of his white swirling orbs from his bag, and lob it at the Manticore, and then attempt to jump on Gault and ride out anyways.
Strike: 1d20+4 = 20 | DMG: 6d6 = 19 Lightning damage

If he is Still obstructed, he'll hoist the child onto Gault and say "Hang on and don't look back.", then shout "Go!", to which the trained War Horse knows means move fast. He'll then rear around and obstruct the Manticore from pursuing the horse.

Theron Wymond of Klagovisa Skärm


Active Conditions: Sixth Sense [2] | See Ley Lines and Magic
Personal: H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C.: 24/24 | P.P.E.: 96/96 | I.S.P.: 20/20
Armor: Janissary Load Rig: A.R.: 11 | S.D.C.: 95/95
Mount: A.R.: 17 | S.D.C. w/ Barding: 160/160 | Natural S.D.C.: 46/46 | H.P.: 33/33 || Bonuses: +1 Initiative, +4 Strike, +2 Dodge, +4 Save vs HF, +1 Save vs Poison/Disease


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 3% [23% w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Magic (varies): +0
Lethal Poison (14+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Disease: +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (varies): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
Mind Control (Undead): +6 [Immune when wearing Medallion of Willpower]
Psionic Mind Control/Illusions: +2 [+4 when wearing Medallion of Willpower]

User avatar
Theron Wymond
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:58 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37/65%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15; 1d100 = 94
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible armor.

Trask now traveling with the group reconvened, leads Garrick the Mule. "So now we go to the Brotherhood of Magic." Trask says as both a question and a statement. Trask still is a little inebriated from his earlier drinking, isn't looking for complications. Trask finds it a bit humorous that most everyone is mounted or on a wagon, and he's contently walking.

Tindish wrote: "Sir Trask, again I want you to know what an honor it is to ride with you. Thank you. I see amazing things in our future."


Trask shakes his head. "Oh give it a few weeks and the charm will likely wear off." Trask says, as he's seen it before more than once.

Once the crew makes it to the brotherhood's building, Trask turns to Durak. "So do we go inside, or wait here?"
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:15 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 23
JIC 1d100 = 56 1d20 = 9

Having paid money into each of the five original members of the Trask Gang's accounts at the bank, Durak sits on the cart outside the Brotherhood and waits for the others to arrive. The cart they had inherited when that fool of a barbarian abandoned them, but as none of the others could actually drive it, it had defacto ended up with him. Just as well, it was more comfortable than riding on the back of a horse. Maybe line it with something to make it softer on the bum.

OOC Comments
20000 to each account


Tolliver Trask wrote:Once the crew makes it to the brotherhood's building, Trask turns to Durak. "So do we go inside, or wait here?"


"He said to wait outside," Durak looks over at the building, remembering his previous trip inside, "none of us are members, so they aren't going to let inside anyway, unless Bonk has managed to sign up. Either way, I don't think those gargoyles like the look of us."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Bonk Boree » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 36/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 19

Ya-Blik wrote:
Bonk_Shopping
40 lbs Smoked Sausage (PFRPG pg 274; 300 gp total)
10 lbs Cheese (PFRPG pg 274; 100 gp total)
4 Pint of Honey (PFRPG pg 274; 40 gp total)
30 lbs Oatmeal (PFRPG pg 274; 30 gp total)
Food Sub-Total: 470 gold
“If an item's rarity requires more than one skill check, a different skill must be used for every additional required check.” so no Warhammer should be available, but this one time … Bonk is able to locate a
Kobold made Giant-Sized Warhammer, 4d4+2, 4ft, 10lbs
[color=#0000BF]** Please indicate if Bonk wishes to purchase @ 250 Gold


Bonk picks up the warhammer and gives it a couple of swings. Interesting. Does not seem to be quite as well-balanced as the one I have, but should pack a much heavier wallop. Perhaps keep both? I can block with one and smash with the other. And it'll look more intimidating. Yes. Both is good. Putting it back down on the counter he gives the shopkeep a big tusky grin. "Is good hammer and is good price. Bonk looks forward to adjusting attitudes of many bad guys with it." He not only pays the 250 but also throws in an extra 50 as a tip. "Pleasure to be doing business."

Likewise, when shopping for provisions he adds in a little extra tip with every purchase (additional 50 gp; 520 total).

Cha-ching
300 for the warhammer + 520 for the provisions = 820 gp total -- GM, shall I deduct from inventory or do you prefer to do so yourself?

Also, am I right in assuming he was unable to find someone who could add the additional SDC to his armor?


He comes up to the rendezvous point lugging his purchases with him. "Good news, Trask Gang! Bonk has sausage and cheese needs covered..." he beams as he sets his bags into the cart. "Also got nice new hammer to go with old one." He pulls them both out and holds them both up. "This one is for asking nicely..." he waves his old one. "This one is for asking not so nicely. HA!" He laughs as he puts them back in his belt. "Now is time to go, yah? Bonk is ready to do good things that others will sing about later. Fight damsels and rescue fair monsters... or is that other way around?" He shrugs and chuckles. "Anyway, ready to be doing heroic stuff."
User avatar
Bonk Boree
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Ya-Blik » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:30 pm


Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1430
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze
Location: Llorn





Tindish, Bonk, Trask and Durak (after stopping at the Bank to open accounts for all and dropping 20,000 into each, with an additional account for the departed Fox) assemble in the street out front of the Brotherhood of Magic, a 10-story tower in a much, much, nicer area of town than where they had been staying. Thom and a decrepit looking mage come walking round the building and wave you back to a large circle drawn in a flagstone courtyard, "Pull the wagon in there, then the horses around to be close up to it. Get everyone inside because Juni says this burns like 20,000 gold in components to do once ..."

Bonk_Purchases
Improvement of your Leather Armor was not possible in 2 hours with horrific rolls :p
Bonk spends 820 gold on a new Warhammer and the previously Identified foodstuffs
Also, original Warhammer adjusted from 3d4 to 4d4 based on Bonk’s size per PFRPG Pg 269
Gold deducted



What are you doing?




Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1031.25
Environment: Warm
Location: ~1 Week East of the Shattered Mountains


Theron finds the pit is around 8ft deep and jumps down to grab hold of the girl who lets off a shrill scream of excruciating pain. The Undead Hunter shifts his grasp on her and sets his feet to leap out of the pit, as the duo emerge into the sun and he sees the girl in better light he notes multiple bite-like wounds long her arm and guesses that something has been taking small bites out of this girl. You haul yourself up into Gault’s saddle as you hear a roar of anger. The Mother is off to your left about 50 feet out, not quite blocking your return to the path you approached down.


Butcher's Bill:
Theron: -35 PPE, -1 Crossbow bolt


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Tindish » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 33 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC:1d20 = 8 and 1d100 = 25

Tindish follows the group into the courtyard and guide Zynn in as close as he can. 20,000 gold for a drawing? Tinidsh is confused about what exactly is going on but decides to withhold questions based on previous outcomes in new surroundings.

Tindsh looks around to gauge the general demeanor of the rest of the troop. "Is this close enough?," he asks no one in general.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Tindish
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:09 am

Perception: 53% 1d100 = 52
JIC 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 66

Ya-Blik wrote: "Pull the wagon in there, then the horses around to be close up to it. Get everyone inside because Juni says this burns like 20,000 gold in components to do once ..."


Guessing your share is pretty substantial if you are doing this. Durak muses as he moves the cart into the area Old Thom indicates.

Tindish wrote:Tindsh looks around to gauge the general demeanor of the rest of the troop. "Is this close enough?," he asks no one in general.


"Stay close and keep your crossbow handy. Depending on where we land, we might need it." Durak says to the Kobold, keeping one hand on Stonebiter just in case.

"Speaking of which," he calls over to the wizard, "where exactly are you sending us?"
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Theron Wymond » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:55 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 34 / 1d20 = 3
Perc [19%]: 1d100 = 43

Horsemanship, Riding [54%]: 1d100 = 27 (Ride swiftly)
Sense of Balance [54%]: 1d100 = 5 (Keep himself and the child safely on top of Gault as he gallops)

Patting Gault on the side as he steadies himself with the child, "Now Gault, show us the meaning of haste." He says and kicks Gault from zero to top speed as safely as possible, darting around trees and other obstacles as best he can, knowing that Gault's top speed dwarfs that of a Manticore. Theron's main intent now is to get the child to safety. I can return later to kill this beast. Right now, there is too much potential collateral damage. He thinks to himself as he rides.

He will keep his sword drawn, and parry anything attack from the Manticore if it closes.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17
APM: 5
Parries: 1d20+6 = 14 | 1d20+6 = 16 | 1d20+6 = 9 | 1d20+6 = 14 | 1d20+6 = 8

Theron Wymond of Klagovisa Skärm


Active Conditions: Sixth Sense [2] | See Ley Lines and Magic
Personal: H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C.: 24/24 | P.P.E.: 96/96 | I.S.P.: 20/20
Armor: Janissary Load Rig: A.R.: 11 | S.D.C.: 95/95
Mount: A.R.: 17 | S.D.C. w/ Barding: 160/160 | Natural S.D.C.: 46/46 | H.P.: 33/33 || Bonuses: +1 Initiative, +4 Strike, +2 Dodge, +4 Save vs HF, +1 Save vs Poison/Disease


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 3% [23% w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Magic (varies): +0
Lethal Poison (14+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Disease: +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (varies): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
Mind Control (Undead): +6 [Immune when wearing Medallion of Willpower]
Psionic Mind Control/Illusions: +2 [+4 when wearing Medallion of Willpower]

User avatar
Theron Wymond
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:58 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47/65%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18; 1d100 = 38
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible Armor.

Trask shrugs when directed to where he needs to go, leading Garrick on a short lead. Trask posts himself next to the wagon with Garrick between him and the cart. "I know you don't like this Garrick, but we don't have much choice now do we." Trask says as if answering the mule's unspoken concern. "Lets get this going, faster it's over, the less likely I'm gonna lose my lunch." Trask says openly displaying his dislike of translocational magic.

Once the spell goes off, Trask loosens his grip on the lead and looks about for possible threats to the team.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Ya-Blik » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:59 pm


Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1545
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze
Location: Not Llorn … Woods Somewhere





Trask and company arrange themselves inside the circle as Durak demands the circle-master answer him as to where exactly they are being sent. The mage offers a wordless smirk and shares a roll of his eyes with Old Thom as he begins to wave his hands and chant over a burning brazier. The gnome steps gingerly into the circle and hops easily up into the bed of the cart. After about 40 seconds the robed man produces a set of gossamer wings, like those of a large butterfly and you all feel a shift, a tug of translocation that seems to last several long seconds. Then with a suddenness feeling like the shearing of a bowstring you are elsewhere and the world has tilted because you are on the downward slope of a rather steep hill. In fact Bonk and Tindish nearly fall over as a result of the sudden change.

Old Thom stands in the bed as the horses settle themselves, "Best guess, around 80, 90 miles east of Kaash. About the best Juni could safely do ... without having a circle on the other end or being a lot more familiar with the location" The rest of you looks around and see that wherever this is, it’s a far cry from Llorn. The sun sits farther along in the afternoon by about an hour, and some (those who make a successful perception roll) you smell rain. To think, you could have spent this evening in a nice bed with a barmaid plying you for coin.

What are you doing?




Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1045
Environment: Warm
Location: ~1 Week East of the Shattered Mountains


Theron, confident in his ability to parry an oncoming attack, grabs hold of the child with his left arm and attempts to gallop Gault past the massive creature. A massive clawed paw lashes out as the Undead Hunter passes, yet the blade he swings to intercept is a moment too slow and he feels the ragged impact of claws along his Armor of Ithan [-36 SDC]. The child in Theron’s lap lets off a scream of pure terror but you (or perhaps more importantly Gault) keep your wits about you and bravely flee!!

After about 10 minutes the girl has stopped screaming and the howling roars of rage fall away, so Theron lets Gault drop into a trot. The young warrior then realizes that his mystic armor has expired, and his pants/leggings and saddle are damp ... a fine thank you.


Butcher's Bill:
Theron: -35 PPE, -1 Crossbow bolt


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Tindish » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:57 am

Perception: 1d100 = 22 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC:1d20 = 5 and 1d100 = 79

A realty seems to rip from around Tindish fear streaks his mind, What have we done? The little Kobold panics as he experiences his first ever translocation. After several long seconds, which feel like an eternity, the world snaps back and Tindish fights to regain his wits and his balance atop Zynn. "That was not fun!," he exclaims shamelessly as he dismounts Zynn and proceed to retch and dry heave to the side of the pony. Coming up wiping his mouth he looks at the group and states mater of factly, "A little warning on stuff like this would be good."

Looking up at the sun, shading his eyes the best he can, Tinidsh realizes there is still much time left before sunset. He looks around at their surroundings and comments, "It would be pretty silly of us to attempt camp on such an incline. Which way are we heading?" The little gnome seems to know where he is going, he doesn't seem to be in a hurry either. What a tasty morsel he could be as well. The kobold's natural instincts seem to filter in slightly when he remembers lessons from his youth, We don't eat our friends Tindish. His mother's voice so vivid as if he had heard the lesson many, many times. Yes, mother!" His youthful voice replying sullenly as if being denied a wonderful snack.

"So Thom. You have a plan?," he asks the Gnome doing his best to distract himself from thoughts of a mid day snack. This gnome is an ally, we do not eat our friends. Tindish thinks to himself in a convincing type tone.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Tindish
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Durak » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:53 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 40
JIC 1d100 = 93 1d20 = 19

As the magic enveloped them, Durak suddenly found the cart on a slope. Thankfully, the position of the cart on the slope meant that it didn't start sliding down, but Durak takes a moment to calm the horse which understandably is a little skittish after the teleport and as Bonk falls over in the back. It was his first teleport but he takes in stride, certainly far better than Tindish. Don't want to get used to that, but at least it is occasionally useful.

"Well, that certainly worked," he looks over at the mage, "my thanks. Are you able to get your self back or would you like a lift somewhere along the way?"

Ya-Blik wrote:Old Thom stands in the bed as the horses settle themselves, "Best guess, around 80, 90 miles east of Kaash. About the best Juni could safely do ... without having a circle on the other end or being a lot more familiar with the location"


"Which way are we heading?" Durak asks Old Thom as he readies the cart to move out, "you said time was of the essence, so I am assuming we need to press on before it gets dark.
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 5/65% Pass
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20 Nat 20!; 1d100 = 36
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible Armor.

Skills:
Wilderness Survival 1d100 = 7/70% Pass (To determine the weather for the next 12 hours?)
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 80/60% Fail (See if anything is gonna jump us?)
Detect Concealment & Traps 1d100 = 43/55% Pass (Is anything hiding nearby?)
Land Navigation 1d100 = 12/46% Pass (Where are we?)

Trask squints his eyes and looks about, first for threats, then more to orient himself to his new surroundings. After several long seconds the grizzled old man gives Garrick's lead a light tug. "Where too now, Thom?" Trask asks as he looks to the others to ensure they're okay and still moving. Once a direction is given by their employer, Trask begins walking toward where they have to go. "Let's get a move on, we're burning daylight."
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Bonk Boree » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 43

Bonk grabs the sides of the cart to keep from falling out as the cart lurches to the side. "Save the sausages!" he shouts out loud. "They were expensive!" Once the momentary surprise is worn off, however, he shakes his head. "Sausages were good bargain though, compared to cheese." He looks around. "Not quite mountains, but still close enough for Bonk to feel more at home."

He nods as he listens to Durak/Trask/Thom discuss their location and their next move. Long-distance teleportation without some sort of anchor point like another circle is definitely anything but precise. At least that's what I've always heard. He climbs out of the cart and begins to walk alongside. "Getting down hill is easy part. Getting SAFELY down hill? Not so easy with average-sized ogre in cart. Time for riding in cart can come later when get to level ground, yes?"
User avatar
Bonk Boree
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Theron Wymond » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:17 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 32 / 1d20 = 17
Perc [19%]: 1d100 = 31

Detect Ambush [44%]: 1d100 = 7 (Watching for signs of ambush and/or dead zones where he cannot see and would be at a disadvantage.)
Detect Concealment [39%]: 1d100 = 14 (Looking for hidden animal traps or other threats hiding in the brush)

Wilderness Survival [64%]: 1d100 = 81 (Travel paths, possible water holes or wild animals to stray from)

Theron pats Gault on the side, saying a silent Thank you to his faithful and steadfast steed. Gazing around the brush and the wilderness, Theron wonders if they have time to stop or if the creature is still on their tail. It can track by scent, but with Gault's speed being well beyond its speed, we may have lost it to the scent and variable nature of the wilderness. Glancing down at the child, Theron speaks calmly. "We are safe, for the moment. Are you injured?" He asks, letting Gault continue trotting while he looks into the wilderness.

Slipping a hand into his side, he'll offer the child water and a snack. "Eat. We are heading to a nearby town. I'm not entirely comfortable stopping while still in the woods with that beast potentially on our trail." Theron explains, shifting uncomfortably on the saddle from the damp cloth. Going to need a hot bath after this. He muses to himself.


Contingencies:
If Theron's Sixth Sense kicks off, he'll spur Gault into action once again, focused more on fleeing and keeping the child safe than killing this monster.

Theron Wymond of Klagovisa Skärm


Active Conditions: Sixth Sense [2] | See Ley Lines and Magic
Personal: H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C.: 24/24 | P.P.E.: 96/96 | I.S.P.: 20/20
Armor: Janissary Load Rig: A.R.: 11 | S.D.C.: 95/95
Mount: A.R.: 17 | S.D.C. w/ Barding: 160/160 | Natural S.D.C.: 46/46 | H.P.: 33/33 || Bonuses: +1 Initiative, +4 Strike, +2 Dodge, +4 Save vs HF, +1 Save vs Poison/Disease


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 3% [23% w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Magic (varies): +0
Lethal Poison (14+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Disease: +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (varies): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
Mind Control (Undead): +6 [Immune when wearing Medallion of Willpower]
Psionic Mind Control/Illusions: +2 [+4 when wearing Medallion of Willpower]

User avatar
Theron Wymond
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:58 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Ya-Blik » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:55 pm


Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1545
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze
Location: Not Llorn … Woods Somewhere





Upon landing, Durak, Trask, and Tindish successively seek for Old Thom to tell them ‘the plan’ for where to head next. The gnome first glances from one to the other in succession then back to offer a skeptical look at Durak, “So, I suppose I should have asked before who your crew of mercenary muscle was. At minimum I had expected folks who can see that boulder down there in the daylight … “ He gestures to a stone boulder about 200ft away at the bottom of the hill which everyone except Tindish can see without any difficulty at all. “Maybe someone should tell me your respective names and trades as well … perhaps at the bottom of the hill.“

As the group begins to pick their way along a switchback course down the steep incline, they unexpectedly hear the sound of a child crying out in pain a short distance off.

What are you doing?




Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1045
Environment: Warm
Location: ~1 Week East of the Shattered Mountains


As the undead hunter and his rescuee slow up a bit and Gault drops to a trot, Theron can feel the whimpering of the girl. She seems to tense and shudder with the jarring impacts of Gault’s progress. When Theron offers her a drink she has difficulty raising the skin to her lips and it slips from her grasp as she cries out in pain. By your best estimate, you believe you are a few days from Kaash. You are not familiar enough with the area to know any local villages.


Butcher's Bill:
Theron: -35 PPE, -1 Crossbow bolt


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Theron Wymond » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:01 am

JiC: 1d100 = 44 / 1d20 = 7
Perc [19%]: 1d100 = 75

Wilderness Survival [64%]: 1d100 = 47 (Try to provide basic aid to the child)
Intelligence [44%]: 1d100 = 17 (Aid in above using prior experience from various battles)
Detect Ambush [44%]: 1d100 = 23 (Watch for signs of impending attack / areas to avoid)
Track, Humanoids [39%]: 1d100 = 13 (Attempt to obscure his and the child's trail from the manticore)
Horsemanship, Care [54%]: 1d100 = 6 (Pat down Gault, check for signs of discomfort on the horse and let him rest a moment)

Conditions: Sixth Sense [Inactive | 2 ISP]

Theron looks down at the child sitting uncomfortably in front of him and then around the wilderness. Sighting no immediate signs of danger, he'll pull Gault's reigns to slow him to a stop and take the child off the horses back and set her on the ground. "What's your name, little one?" Theron asks her calmly while reaching for his satchel and pulling out his other set of travel cloths, wrapping the girl in another set of clothing that isn't tattered or soaked.

"We're a couple days from the nearest city, but we can rest here for a moment. Where does it hurt?" Theron asks the girl. I only know the very basics of wounds in the wilderness, hardly enough to help this child through any pain but maybe enough to help. He thinks to himself, glancing around the wilderness keeping a keen eye on his surroundings, ready to take the child and Gault at full speed if he senses even the slightest hint of danger. Running from danger isn't my usual way, but right now, there is a life that needs protecting first and foremost. The hunter affirms in his mind.

Assuming no immediate threat is sensed or seen, Theron will take a moment to pat down Gault for any injuries or discomfort and once the girl can comfortably move, will help her back up and continue on the trail towards Kaash.

Theron Wymond of Klagovisa Skärm


Active Conditions: Sixth Sense [2] | See Ley Lines and Magic
Personal: H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C.: 24/24 | P.P.E.: 96/96 | I.S.P.: 20/20
Armor: Janissary Load Rig: A.R.: 11 | S.D.C.: 95/95
Mount: A.R.: 17 | S.D.C. w/ Barding: 160/160 | Natural S.D.C.: 46/46 | H.P.: 33/33 || Bonuses: +1 Initiative, +4 Strike, +2 Dodge, +4 Save vs HF, +1 Save vs Poison/Disease


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 3% [23% w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Magic (varies): +0
Lethal Poison (14+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Disease: +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (varies): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
Mind Control (Undead): +6 [Immune when wearing Medallion of Willpower]
Psionic Mind Control/Illusions: +2 [+4 when wearing Medallion of Willpower]

User avatar
Theron Wymond
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:58 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Tindish » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 37 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC:1d20 = 10 and 1d100 = 47

When the gnome makes a comment about site Tindish's eyes close to a slit, I see well enough to eat you little morsel, he muses to himself. Tindish turns his pony toward the direction the gnome pointed, I may not see the boulder now, but I will. Feeling the slight was intentional Tinidsh decides the gnome must not understand who he is travelling with.

"Good gnome, I'll have you know, that the vision I lack in the day, I more than make up for at night. The better for you and my travel companions during my time on watch. Don't you agree?" Tinidsh snorts through his nose, cocks his head slightly to the left and to the back. Such wonderful vision to chase tasty gnomes at night. Tindish cracks a smile at the thought of Old Thom running from him through the woods.

Feeling slightly more cheerful at the recent thought he continues. "I'll also have you know, we are the Trask Gang. I'm sure you have heard of us." Tindsh pauses expecting agreement and amazement from the gnome. Continuing, "I am the great Tindish. I offer expertise in negotiations and trade as well as provide a little razzle dazzle when required."
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Tindish
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am


Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron