Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Tindish » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:41 pm

Tindish wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 97 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 7 and Original post: 1d100 = 3


Theron Wymond wrote: Theron shakes his head. "I am no sir, Theron is fine. I am accustomed to traveling in silence, my storytelling is lax."


Tinidsh looks at Theron with his head cocked, No gold, no stories. What does he add?

Tindish asks the rider, "Do you sing? Play an instrument? Cook?" Tindish shakes his head in frustration, Help me help you. "There must be something you bring to the table."

Tindish turns to Durak, "These slayers, are they worth having on the team? Are they worthy of the Honorable Trask gang?" Jeesh, I hope he has at least that going for him. Otherwise, he is about as useful as Thom.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Tindish
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Ya-Blik » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:20 pm


Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1600
Environment: Warm
Location: Not Llorn … Woods Somewhere nearish to Kaash (?)





Durak asks the Undead Hunter where he had planned on taking the child if he had no knowledge of her family and sizing each other up, figuratively speaking. Trask explains the meaning behind the long-winded introduction and re-introduction rigamarole before Trask and Durak inquire of Old Thom, "So what exactly are we looking for, or is it find out on site?" and "So which way to go? … Time you said was of the essence."

The Gnome offers a cocked eyebrow to Trask, "The shipment of alchemical stuff? A bunch of stuff really expensive stuff, holy spear of Ra or something, couple special swords, and apparently a set of three unicorn horns … one large, and 2 small … there was more but I think that establishes that it’s worth recovering." He turns to the Dwarven driver, "This was as close as Juni could get us to Greenbough, but we still have a week or so of travel to the east ... "

Bonk proposes an option for looking into the future to find the girl’s family before inquiring of Thom "Indeed. Does paying job allow opportunity to find girl's family, or is little girl de facto Trask Gang mascot until paying job is complete?"

Thom looks up at the Ogre quite calmly, "What are you talking about? She came with an armed escort. She’s been healed. All they asked was to ride with us a ways, if her family is on the way to Greenbough or wherever we track down a lead on a bandit crew raiding large caravans, that’s fine but we need to keep pace ... We have a job at hand."

As the group begins to move east along one of the roads from the intersection and down a relatively gentle slope into a valley that everyone but Tindish can see. In the meanwhile, Tindish sidles his pony up beside the much much higher new rider to ask him if he will regale them with stories of his own prowess and barring that, " … sing? Play an instrument? Cook? … There must be something you bring to the table."



Butcher's Bill:
Bonk: -20 PPE
Theron: -35 PPE, -1 Crossbow bolt


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:36 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 15
JIC 1d100 = 55 1d20 = 7


Ya-Blik wrote:He turns to the Dwarven driver, "This was as close as Juni could get us to Greenbough, but we still have a week or so of travel to the east ... "


Durak nods "So we'd best start moving as quickly as possible."

Bonk Boree wrote:"If girl's family not easily identified, Bonk may have way to find them." He pulls out the talisman around his neck from underneath his shirt. "Sometimes heirloom can help Bonk see possible futures when he focuses his thoughts." He glances around. "Is not automatic, but may be option of last resort."


"Well, she will be with us for a few days until we reach Greenbough. You'll be in the back of the cart with her. Give it a try." Durak responds, not really knowing the answer. Don't want to leave a child dumped somewhere. If we can find any family, that'd be the best option. Unless the Undead Slayer plans to recruit her.

Tindish wrote:Tindish turns to Durak, "These slayers, are they worth having on the team? Are they worthy of the Honorable Trask gang?


Durak shrugs, whilst still holding the reins; "the ones Trask and I met before could fight, do a bit of magic. Generally useful to have around. If this one has some skills, perhaps we could give him a try. It'll come out of our share though."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Tindish » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 22 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20 = 5 and 1d100 = 7

Durak wrote:Durak shrugs, whilst still holding the reins; "the ones Trask and I met before could fight, do a bit of magic. Generally useful to have around. If this one has some skills, perhaps we could give him a try. It'll come out of our share though."


Tindish gasps loudly at Durak's comment, Come out of our share? He looks back at the man, then back to Durak, "Wouldn't it be, well, an interview? More like tryouts of sorts?" The kobold's eyes stay large as he asks the questions and considers the cut in pay for each, the a thought dawns on him. The girl. he straightens up again, regaining his composure.

"But of course, team remuneration would include all bounties received. We have the young lady to return as well. I'm sure her kin will pay a tidy sum to have her returned, unharmed." The kobold starts to run numbers in his head, How much might she be worth? "And when we confirm he is a valuable contributor to the task at hand, why shouldn't he get a portion of the proceeds?"

Ya-Blik wrote:The Gnome offers a cocked eyebrow to Trask, "The shipment of alchemical stuff? A bunch of stuff really expensive stuff, holy spear of Ra or something, couple special swords, and apparently a set of three unicorn horns … one large, and 2 small … there was more but I think that establishes that it’s worth recovering."


Tinidsh listens to the gnome list the expensive items they are looking for and wonders, Such a small bounty for such a highly prized shipment? Is this little snack sized prick trying to get one over on us? Cowardly, little cheap grass warden.

"Thom, I am wondering, with such illustrious and sought after items in the lost shipment, does the owner not value them? It would seem the pittance he has offered for their return does not compare with the value to replace such items." Tindish choffs, "If they even can be replaced."
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Tindish
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Ya-Blik » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:15 am


Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1601
Environment: Warm
Location: Not Llorn … Woods Somewhere nearish to Kaash (?)





Durak and Thom converse a bit from the drivers seat on the cart and then Tindish approaches out of concern, "Thom, I am wondering, with such illustrious and sought after items in the lost shipment, does the owner not value them? It would seem the pittance he has offered for their return does not compare with the value to replace such items." Tindish choffs, "If they even can be replaced."

The Gnome looks at Tindish quite coldly, "Your deal was struck in Llorn, 30,000 gold to retrieve a shipment Tincup. Your man Durak here said he wanted into the Collectors, wanted someone to vouch for him with the Coalition Merchant's Guild so that he could get in as a Master Collector on the A-List."

The chill in the gnome's voice is palpable as he turns to Durak (not Trask), "You can stop the cart here. I had been wondering about a band that ran with a greenskin in its midst. Does he speak for you? If the number is too low, I am not going to bother holding your hand through this just to be cheated in the end, and you may as well know that the Guild does not tolerate Collectors who take a job then try to renegotiate once they have acquired goods."




Butcher's Bill:
Bonk: -20 PPE
Theron: -35 PPE, -1 Crossbow bolt


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Tindish » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:04 am

Tindish wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 22 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 5 and Original post: 1d100 = 7


Ya-Blik wrote:The chill in the gnome's voice is palpable as he turns to Durak (not Trask), "You can stop the cart here. I had been wondering about a band that ran with a greenskin in its midst. Does he speak for you? If the number is too low, I am not going to bother holding your hand through this just to be cheated in the end, and you may as well know that the Guild does not tolerate Collectors who take a job then try to renegotiate once they have acquired goods." ]


Tindish's face goes dark, "Ah hem, excuse me sir. First, I will have you know, I do not appreciate your bigoted tone. Second, No one has acquired any goods, let alone tried to renegotiate. You are far ahead of yourself sir. Third, Why is your first thought of cheating, might you have a bit of remorse growing in your belly?" Tindish chuffs loudly, "I never! You treat us as if... As if we are children. Greenskin! I'll have you know, I bleed as red as you sir. What ever life experience you have had does not give you the right to judge all beings the same. Have I judged you? Called you tiny? Asked why your kind wears such silly pointed little hats? No. I have not. Just because you are challenged in height, have I made comment or shown concern you were not worthy to ride with us."

Tindish shakes his head again, "I never!"

"One asks a simple question. Trying to gain understanding that may help accomplish the task. And you, you, jump to conclusions. Unfounded misjudgments."

Tindish turns from the gnome, not looking at him, trying hard to portray a rejected and hurt look. "You sir, are a bully," he says, wiping his eyes.

skills
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65% vs 1d100 = 32 - Project a trusting demeanor
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Tindish
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Durak » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:16 pm

Rolls carried

Tindish wrote:He looks back at the man, then back to Durak, "Wouldn't it be, well, an interview? More like tryouts of sorts?"


Durak looks at him and shakes his head slowly.

"If Theron here comes along, fights and does an equal share, then he deserves an equal share. That's even if he wishes to join us. He could easily have other plans that were interrupted by the Manticore."

Ya-Blik wrote:The Gnome looks at Tindish quite coldly, "Your deal was struck in Llorn, 30,000 gold to retrieve a shipment Tincup. Your man Durak here said he wanted into the Collectors, wanted someone to vouch for him with the Coalition Merchant's Guild so that he could get in as a Master Collector on the A-List."

The chill in the gnome's voice is palpable as he turns to Durak (not Trask), "You can stop the cart here. I had been wondering about a band that ran with a greenskin in its midst. Does he speak for you? If the number is too low, I am not going to bother holding your hand through this just to be cheated in the end, and you may as well know that the Guild does not tolerate Collectors who take a job then try to renegotiate once they have acquired goods."


Tindish wrote:Tindish turns from the gnome, not looking at him, trying hard to portray a rejected and hurt look. "You sir, are a bully," he says, wiping his eyes.


Durak pulls the cart to a quick stop and sighs audibly as he collects his thoughts. Both the Gnome and the Kobold were being annoying. He turns and faces the two bickering annoyances, starting with the Kobold.

"Tindish, the agreed rate is 30000 split between everyone except Thom, who is in fact our paymaster. This is what is called a gateway job. If done correctly, it opens up other avenues of employment and provides an additional reputational boost in a useful place. I explained that back in Llorn. You didn't ask about the pay, but Trask did and agreed to the job." he explains, trying to not let the exasperation creep into his voice, "You may also recall from our last job, we made far more from salvage than we did from the official pay and the base pay here exceeds that official pay. Also, bear in mind, that looking for a better deal has almost got you in trouble today already." He adds that last comment with a knowing look at Tindish.

He then turns to face Old Thom

"Yes, we get that you do not like Kobolds, but that was not something you specified back in Llorn. In fact, you listed nothing of the sort of any issues at all. If you had made it clear that Kobolds were a potential dealbreaker, then I would have raised it at the time. As they are not an outlawed species, I did not consider it an issue. He has proven his worth in combat with us, despite his penchant for not shutting up the rest of the time. However, you just felt the need to impugned my character, despite the fact I have not complained about the deal nor implied that I intend to break it or try to renegotiate it." He sighs again, "Tindish is always on the lookout to improve our situation, but that does not mean that we will break a deal that we have struck!

Looking over at Trask finally, he makes an offer "As Thom here points out, I am getting something else out of this, I am happy to put my share of the base pay towards the rest of the group, though I do not relinquish any claim on any potential salvage we might also come across."

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% 1d100 = 60
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 93/65%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20; 1d100 = 6
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistance to Cold, Invisible Armor.

Trask listens to the bickering for a minute, even slowing his and Garrick's pace when Durak stops the wagon.

Durak wrote:"As Thom here points out, I am getting something else out of this, I am happy to put my share of the base pay towards the rest of the group, though I do not relinquish any claim on any potential salvage we might also come across."


Trask shrugs. "Not worried about it. We'll get paid and you'll get more work for us in the future." Trask says matter of factly.

Trask looks to Tindish. "Knock it off. We took the job, and we accepted the price, if you don't like it, I don't care. You decided to follow me... for some damnable reason." Trask says calmly, but firmly.

Trask again turns towards Old Thom. "Knock it off with the slurs, It's causing problems that are clouding your judgement. We took the job, we'll complete the job, and you'll pay us for the job. End of story." Trask again says calmly but firmly.

"And the next one of you lot that starts an argument for no good gods damned reason will get the thrubbing of your life from me." Trask says loudly to the group at large. "Now if we're done being pains in the asses to each other, let's get a move on, as I don't want to be standing around in the wilderness all damned week." Trask says before giving Garrick's lead a tug and moving forward.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Ya-Blik » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:20 pm


Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1605
Environment: Warm
Location: Not Llorn … Woods Somewhere nearish to Kaash (?)





Tindish (who has green skin) becomes mightily offended by having it pointed out and laughs without any humor, "Challenged in height? Kid, I have been at this almost 300 years, any challenge is long since decided, and I lost. You are a child, a spoiled self-important sanctimonious child. I have boots older than you and better behaved. The color of your blood does not concern me, but I see no reason to take any further barbs veiled or otherwise from you. You had the option quite clearly to confirm you were not of the clan of Kobolds who killed my kin, who hunted and fed on my daughter. You chose to ignore the simple request."

Durak chimes in with, "Yes, we get that you do not like Kobolds, but that was not something you specified back in Llorn. In fact, you listed nothing of the sort of any issues at all. If you had made it clear that Kobolds were a potential dealbreaker, then I would have raised it at the time. As they are not an outlawed species, I did not consider it an issue. He has proven his worth in combat with us, despite his penchant for not shutting up the rest of the time. However, you just felt the need to impugned my character, despite the fact I have not complained about the deal nor implied that I intend to break it or try to renegotiate it."

The Gnome visibly scoffs, "I did not mention demons, vampires, nor Gigantes either, but I am not inclined to have one anywhere near me in the night. Whether you like and value the Kobold, is not my concern. Quite frankly his stock and trade are lies. Illusions right? I'm not smelling what he's selling. Even if he rolled up his sleeves right now, I probably could not trust my own eyes. So, fine." The little fellow reaches down and grabs his pack from behind the seat and hops down to the road to walk back towards the crossroads.

Trask clears his throat and chastises Tindish before turning to Thom, "Knock it off with the slurs, It's causing problems that are clouding your judgement. We took the job, we'll complete the job, and you'll pay us for the job. End of story." Trask again says calmly but firmly.

"It's not a slur any more than to note a sky's blue human. I call a spade a spade. Good luck with your crew Trask, and with Greenbough" responds the Gnome at about 40ft away (Tindish can barely see him), but the small fellow does not seem to break stride and is heading the other direction.



Butcher's Bill:
Bonk: -20 PPE
Theron: -35 PPE, -1 Crossbow bolt


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Bonk Boree » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 62/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 87

Conditions:
- 130/150 PPE

Bonk is so focused on the little girl and preparing to use his talisman that he's only dimly aware of the conversations around him. When the cart stops, however, his attention is focused back on the here and now -- just in time to witness things come to a head and their employer take a hike. At first, all he can do is stare at those involved. I'm not seeing this. I must be dreaming. Or else this is one of Tindish's illusions cast as a prank. When it's clear it's not a prank he sighs and shakes his massive head. "This is why Trask Gang cannot have nice things..." he mutters to himself as he climbs out of the cart. "Bonk is guessing this is not good thing. Trask Gang needs job for pay, Durak needs job for future opportunities, little girl needs to get to Greenbough, and none of us need to be standing around burning daylight. So Bonk is going to either bring employer back or finish job of driving him off." He looks back at the others, especially Tindish. "While Bonk is gone, please to be thinking of ways to get along with crochety old employer yes? Is rather important."

He jogs off after the gnome and slows to a walk when he eventually catches up to him. "Master Collector, may Bonk have a word, please?" Assuming Thom doesn't brush him off he continues. "Bonk must apologize for misunderstandings. Trask Gang is not typical-looking merry band of adventurers, to be certain. Kobolds have certain... reputation... that is understandable. Ogres, too, in most lands outside Llorn. And dwarves... well..." Bonk can't help but chuckle softly. "Dwarves are as blunt as back end of smithing anvil with same sense of humor. Is probably good sense to be skeptical of group that includes all three at once." He shrugs. "But Tindish was traveling buddy before we found rest of Trask Gang. Kobold's tongue may be like spirited young horse that jumps over paddock fence before wranglers can bring back in through gate, but in his heart is good person. Durak and Trask are dwarf and man of honor; Bonk would not travel with them if they were not. If you fear being cheated, Bonk gives his word of honor as member in good standing of Basst College of Magic that Trask Gang will perform job to best of abilities for price agreed upon."

He kneels down beside the gnome and holds out his hand. "Trask Gang needs job for payday. Friend Durak needs recommendation. Bonk is asking to please be putting events of past few minutes behind us and focusing on job at hand. Would save trouble of going all the way back to Llorn and hiring new group, yes?"
User avatar
Bonk Boree
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Theron Wymond » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:11 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 57 / 1d20 = 13
Perception [19%]: 1d100 = 24

Theron glances to Tindish and shakes his head. "I can cook, but that is where my entertainment skills end. It's not my line of work." Theron says to the Kobold. Hmm. If I stay with this party for much longer, I'll have said more in a few hours than I've spoken in months. He ponders to himself, pulling Gault's reigns to check on the girl as Bonk works.

Durak wrote:"Well, she will be with us for a few days until we reach Greenbough. You'll be in the back of the cart with her. Give it a try."


Theron nods along. "I had no time to form a plan beyond saving her, which almost did not go as planned. I had not expected two of them. Though I am glad she is alive, I've no knowledge of any family she may have. In Greenbough or otherwise." Theron admits, keeping Gault to the rear of the cart so he can keen an eye on the girl.

Tindish wrote:"But of course, team remuneration would include all bounties received. We have the young lady to return as well. I'm sure her kin will pay a tidy sum to have her returned, unharmed."


Theron glances at Tinish and shakes his head. "If she does have a family, I'll not ransom her back to them. If they offer something for her return, so be it." Theron states matter of factly. My job is to slay the evil within this world and shed some light to a dismal existence, not add to the plights of the commoner.

Theron pauses Gault's walk as Thom begins addressing Durak and the others. Obviously there is some manner of miscommunication happening here. Not off to a good start, it seems. Theron muses as Durak explains his position and Tindish gets defensive.

Theron cannot help but smile lightly as Trask finally speaks up and verbally disciplines his charge. I've no hatred for non humans, but civility can be lost. I would not soon seek to be in that mans position in dealing with it. Theron muses before cocking his head slightly to himself. That civility is often why they are hunted, it seems. Hmm. Theron adds to his thoughts.

When Thom charges off after the clash of words and Bonk goes after him, Theron sighs and pulls Gault up to the others. "Watch the girl. Personal feelings aside, there are two Manticore at least within these woods and our safety lies in numbers. I'll go with Bonk and see if we can retrieve Thom." Theron says and follows Bonk.

He will not interrupt Bonk as he speaks but will add in when an opening happens. "Sir Thom. I know not what bargain or mission you have contracted with the others, but these woods are not safe to travel alone; harsh words aside. Safety lies in numbers, not necessarily stealth, for Manticore are good hunters. Come back to the cart; perhaps dinner is to be had as it nears dusk anyways." Theron suggests

Skills
Invoke Trust [24%]: 1d100 = 19
Invoke Charm [19%]: 1d100 = 36

Theron Wymond of Klagovisa Skärm


Active Conditions: Sixth Sense [2] | See Ley Lines and Magic
Personal: H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C.: 24/24 | P.P.E.: 96/96 | I.S.P.: 20/20
Armor: Janissary Load Rig: A.R.: 11 | S.D.C.: 95/95
Mount: A.R.: 17 | S.D.C. w/ Barding: 160/160 | Natural S.D.C.: 46/46 | H.P.: 33/33 || Bonuses: +1 Initiative, +4 Strike, +2 Dodge, +4 Save vs HF, +1 Save vs Poison/Disease


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 3% [23% w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Magic (varies): +0
Lethal Poison (14+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Disease: +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (varies): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
Mind Control (Undead): +6 [Immune when wearing Medallion of Willpower]
Psionic Mind Control/Illusions: +2 [+4 when wearing Medallion of Willpower]

User avatar
Theron Wymond
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:58 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Ya-Blik » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:00 pm


Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1608
Environment: Warm
Location: Not Llorn … Woods Somewhere nearish to Kaash (?)





Bonk chastises Tindish to some degree then climbs out of the cart and jogs off after the gnome, 70-80 yards away by the time the Ogre has caught up. "Master Collector, may Bonk have a word, please?"

In response he the diminutive fellow answers, "You go ahead and speak your piece big fellow."

"Bonk must apologize for misunderstandings. Trask Gang is not typical-looking merry band of adventurers, to be certain. Kobolds have certain... reputation... that is understandable. Ogres, too, in most lands outside Llorn. And dwarves... well..." Bonk can't help but chuckle softly. "Dwarves are as blunt as back end of smithing anvil with same sense of humor. Is probably good sense to be skeptical of group that includes all three at once." He shrugs. "But Tindish was traveling buddy before we found rest of Trask Gang. Kobold's tongue may be like spirited young horse that jumps over paddock fence before wranglers can bring back in through gate, but in his heart is good person. Durak and Trask are dwarf and man of honor; Bonk would not travel with them if they were not. If you fear being cheated, Bonk gives his word of honor as member in good standing of Basst College of Magic that Trask Gang will perform job to best of abilities for price agreed upon." As the ogre speaks, Theron falls into step with them.

The small figure continues to walk the entire time, "You ever had children Bonk? ... Ever had a baby of your own reach up and grab one of your fingers with their whole fist? ... Ever felt the fear of leaving one behind on a journey? ... You are an Ogre and your folk do not tend to need to fear from everyone being bigger. If he's a Flame-Eye, then he's just leading you lot back to die where it is more convenient. They join up all over these parts and lead folks back, like shepherds bringing in lambs for the slaughter ... "

"Sir Thom. I know not what bargain or mission you have contracted with the others, but these woods are not safe to travel alone; harsh words aside. Safety lies in numbers, not necessarily stealth, for Manticore are good hunters. Come back to the cart; perhaps dinner is to be had as it nears dusk anyways." suggests Theron.

"Manticores are magically moronic, and I know where I am. Your manticores won't enter this next valley because there's a family of Centaurs I have known for 40-odd years now up there, and watch this ... " With deft speed the gnome draws and hurls a small knife from his belt. It travels about 90ft to sink point-first into a branch about 30ft above the ground ... for about half-a-second. Then Thom pulls it out and slides it back into his belt sheathe. Neither Bonk or Theron saw him move, but the gnome is no longer by your sides, he is indeed up a tree at a distance.

By the time the undead slayer and wizard have reached the tree, the Collector has taken 4 hops from branch to branch back to ground level. "The truth is, I have killed a couple manticores in my day, but I won't sleep easy within a mile of a Flame-Eye, and neither should you ... in fact," he turns to Theron, "Theron was it? If you and the girl want to come along my way, you are welcome. I can guarantee no one slits your throat in the night."

Bonk makes a further entreaty that, "Trask Gang needs job for payday. Friend Durak needs recommendation. Bonk is asking to please be putting events of past few minutes behind us and focusing on job at hand. Would save trouble of going all the way back to Llorn and hiring new group, yes?"

However Thom seems unmoved, "I do not need to return to Llorn. I can handle the job in another way if I need to, or hire another team in Kaash if it seems necessary. I have had alot of regrets in my years Bonk, few came from trusting my gut."

Though Durak and Trask may see the ogre and undead slayer catch up to the small form, and him vanishing [upon a successful perception roll], there is no chance at all of Tindish observing such from the cart location (which is where he remained).


Butcher's Bill:
Bonk: -20 PPE
Theron: -35 PPE, -1 Crossbow bolt


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Tindish » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:59 am

Tindish wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 22 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 5 and Original post: 1d100 = 7


Theron Wymond wrote:Theron glances at Tinish and shakes his head. "If she does have a family, I'll not ransom her back to them. If they offer something for her return, so be it." Theron states matter of factly. My job is to slay the evil within this world and shed some light to a dismal existence, not add to the plights of the commoner.


Tindish is shocked by the insulation, "Sir, you misunderstand. What in my tone gave you the impression I suggested we hold the girl until paid? I simple note, it would be the decent thing for the family to reward such heroism." Tindish shakes his head. Do they all see a monster when they look at me? Is that the reputation my kind has made in this part of the world? "Good sir, I am a business man for sure. I concern myself with profits of course. But please do not mistake me for a monster." Tindish shutters and looks down, It seems the gnome already has. This must be what mom and dad meant. They said it would be hard. But, why must I be judged on the actions of others of my race. Why not be judged on my own merit?

Tindish watches the gnome storm off away from the group, Well that didn't go as expected. Touchy little pecker tip. His ears droop slightly as he looks over at Durak and realizes that he may have hurt his friends chances of becoming a Master Collector. "Maybe I should take the little girl and return her home. Then then rest of you can continue on with Thom. Maybe, that will relieve the tension." The thought of traveling alone saddens Tindish, but the thought of hurting his friend saddens him more. "Durak, ride to the gnome. Tell him I will go my own way if it is such a problem. I would tell him myself, but he has no desire to truly hear what I say. He sees a monster. He has good reason. He has lost his ability to see any possibility of good in my kind."

Tindsh guides Zynn to the back of the cart and wonders, Can we both ride upon Zynn? He shakes his head in response to his own thoughts. She can ride on the Pony and I will guide him
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Tindish
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Bonk Boree » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:47 am

((rolls held))

Ya-Blik wrote:The small figure continues to walk the entire time, "You ever had children Bonk? ... Ever had a baby of your own reach up and grab one of your fingers with their whole fist? ... Ever felt the fear of leaving one behind on a journey? ... You are an Ogre and your folk do not tend to need to fear from everyone being bigger. If he's a Flame-Eye, then he's just leading you lot back to die where it is more convenient. They join up all over these parts and lead folks back, like shepherds bringing in lambs for the slaughter ... "

...

By the time the undead slayer and wizard have reached the tree, the Collector has taken 4 hops from branch to branch back to ground level. "The truth is, I have killed a couple manticores in my day, but I won't sleep easy within a mile of a Flame-Eye, and neither should you ... in fact," he turns to Theron, "Theron was it? If you and the girl want to come along my way, you are welcome. I can guarantee no one slits your throat in the night."

...

However Thom seems unmoved, "I do not need to return to Llorn. I can handle the job in another way if I need to, or hire another team in Kaash if it seems necessary. I have had alot of regrets in my years Bonk, few came from trusting my gut."


Bonk shrugs, his characteristic smile fading once again. "Is not likely Bonk will ever know what is like to have children... and was very sorry to hear about yours. Bonk's mother was murdered by own clan, so unfortunately he knows something about how losing loved one feels. Bonk also knows what is like to be accused of being knuckle-dragging brute that enjoys killing people and eating children; being so big is no more picnic than being so small. Perhaps is good thing that Bonk is only average size for ogres..." he rubs his chin. "Anyway, Bonk digresses. Ogres have bad reputation, but if reputation is deserved then Bonk takes pride in being exception to rule. And if Bonk is exception, then Tindish can be exception to rule as well. That is point Bonk is trying to make."

He stands back up. "Your gut says all kobolds are monsters. Bonk's gut says Tindish may be fool but is honest fool. It is pity that our guts cannot see eye to eye. But perhaps there still is alternative, yes?" He glances over at Theron. "This conversation only involves us three; others are too far away to hear. If proximity to Tindish is insurmountable issue, would you still honor agreement if Trask Gang completes job without you close at hand? You leave us with enough information to get job done, I go back to Trask Gang and say deal is still deal. You can follow along at distance to keep eye on us or arrange to meet us somewhere when job is done." He turns back to Theron. "Friend Theron, you could keep secret as long as riding with us, yes? Or even better, do job with us and get even cut of payout?" Hopefully Trask and Durak wouldn't object to that... he adds to himself. I don't recall them offering while I was tending to the little girl, but they did take me on without an actual offer.

Looking back at the gnome, he shrugs again. "Bonk cannot force you, and wouldn't try even if he thought he could. But at least wants to keep to original spirit of deal as he hates walking out on agreements unless absolutely necessary. What say you?"
User avatar
Bonk Boree
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Theron Wymond » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:52 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 98 / 1d20 = 16
Perception [19%]: 1d100 = 70

Theron is visibly impressed by the gnome's ability and nods slightly. "Most impressive." Theron admits. Not everyone is helpless, and some of those who seem the most helpless are in fact the least helpless of all. Well played, good Gnome. Theron thinks to himself.

Thom wrote:"Theron was it? If you and the girl want to come along my way, you are welcome. I can guarantee no one slits your throat in the night."


Theron cocks his head slightly at the gnome. He could just as easily kill us both it seems. He ponders. "That is a kind offer, I am eager to get her to a safe haven so that I may find new work."

He watches Bonk make a plead for his team and Thom act relatively dismissively of his actions, Theron approaches the Gnome. "Sir Thom, I do not know what has transpired thus far beyond what I can see. Though I can say that it does seem like this party wishes to make amends and continue the job they were hired to. Seeking out and negotiating terms with a new band would be more time and wasted energy if you have a troop already. This is but my observation, and I make no efforts to force my view one way or another."

Bonk wrote: "Friend Theron, you could keep secret as long as riding with us, yes? Or even better, do job with us and get even cut of payout?"


Theron nods his head to the ogre. "I can both keep a secret and help you complete your task. Perhaps my word that I will see it through can help allay the trepidation of good Thom here." Theron answers, glancing at Thom. Not that I care one way or another, my first priority is getting this girl to safety. The internal drama of this group is hardly making me enthusiastic about working with them but I must reserve judgement and do the job if asked. Theron thinks to himself.

Theron Wymond of Klagovisa Skärm


Active Conditions: Sixth Sense [2] | See Ley Lines and Magic
Personal: H.P.: 21/21 | S.D.C.: 24/24 | P.P.E.: 96/96 | I.S.P.: 20/20
Armor: Janissary Load Rig: A.R.: 11 | S.D.C.: 95/95
Mount: A.R.: 17 | S.D.C. w/ Barding: 160/160 | Natural S.D.C.: 46/46 | H.P.: 33/33 || Bonuses: +1 Initiative, +4 Strike, +2 Dodge, +4 Save vs HF, +1 Save vs Poison/Disease


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 3% [23% w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Magic (varies): +0
Lethal Poison (14+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Disease: +0 [+4 w/ Medallion of Willpower]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (varies): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
Mind Control (Undead): +6 [Immune when wearing Medallion of Willpower]
Psionic Mind Control/Illusions: +2 [+4 when wearing Medallion of Willpower]

User avatar
Theron Wymond
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:58 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Postby Ya-Blik » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:15 pm


Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1610
Environment: Warm
Location: Not Llorn … Woods Somewhere nearish to Kaash (?)





Tindish watches Bonk, and Theron chase after Thom, then looks over at Durak, "Maybe I should take the little girl and return her home. Then then rest of you can continue on with Thom. Maybe, that will relieve the tension. Durak, ride to the gnome. Tell him I will go my own way if it is such a problem. I would tell him myself, but he has no desire to truly hear what I say. He sees a monster. He has good reason. He has lost his ability to see any possibility of good in my kind."

Meanwhile Bonk proposes that Thom give the Trask Gang all of his info and simply watch from afar, "… Anyway, Bonk digresses. Ogres have bad reputation, but if reputation is deserved then Bonk takes pride in being exception to rule. And if Bonk is exception, then Tindish can be exception to rule as well. That is point Bonk is trying to make … Your gut says all kobolds are monsters. Bonk's gut says Tindish may be fool but is honest fool. It is pity that our guts cannot see eye to eye. But perhaps there still is alternative, yes? ... would you still honor agreement if Trask Gang completes job without you close at hand? You leave us with enough information to get job done, I go back to Trask Gang and say deal is still deal. You can follow along at distance to keep eye on us or arrange to meet us somewhere when job is done ..."

Thom looks up quite calmly at Bonk, "I do not hate all Kobolds, there would be no point. I have known a number of decent ones over the years, though they number far fewer than those who would slit your throat in the night. I do not like or trust those of the Flaming Eye Clan, and they are the largest within 500 miles of here. Your friend Tincup, who can make people see things that are not there, refuses to confirm that he is not one of them. If an Ogre who might be from your old clan, the ones who killed your mother, came to you and asked you to trust him without being willing to confirm his identity, would you? … I mean, tell me why your gut should get the benefit of the doubt, how long have you known this Tincup? Have you ever met any of his clansmen? Does he eat other humanoids?" (OOC: Bonk does recall at least 1 exchange on the topic).

Theron interjects, "Sir Thom, I do not know what has transpired thus far beyond what I can see. Though I can say that it does seem like this party wishes to make amends and continue the job they were hired to. Seeking out and negotiating terms with a new band would be more time and wasted energy if you have a troop already. This is but my observation, and I make no efforts to force my view one way or another."

Thom scratches at his beard with one hand, "Let’s see, we have been out of Llorn less than an hour, and I’ve called in a favor that burned through over 20,000 gold from a friend, only to promptly have a sketchy little Kobold of questionable character pop off to try and get more money than bargained. That’s a debt I have incurred and will get to make good on. Now you seem like a decent fellow Theron. Saved a kid with no apparent promise of reward, a hero through an through … And Bonk, you popped right up to help an injured child, no questions asked, that’s impressive too. However your arguments are just that you think you can keep Tincup in line, not that he is worth trusting. The idea of giving up all my information so that this lot can make a run at the bandits is not as harmless as it sounds. A pack of bandits that thinks they have gotten away with things, they get careless. They start pressing their luck. If they think they have been tracked and a group cannot close the deal, then things get much harder for the second wave. So if you fellows and Trask cannot retrieve the shipment and neutralize a crew of 30 or 40, my shot at completion is a lot more difficult. Is the upside being proposed that I will ‘get’ to travel at a distance behind you guys and watch, hoping you don’t screw it up? Is that really the sales pitch?"


Butcher's Bill:
Bonk: -20 PPE
Theron: -35 PPE, -1 Crossbow bolt


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Previous

Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests