Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:11 am

Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 32
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 69

PPE: 84/84
SDC: 23/23
HP: 36/36

Conditions:
Sustain (12 PPE, 10 Day, (2hrs Sleep, No Food or Drink needed), BOM Pg 109)
Fly as the Eagle (25 P.P.E., 200 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack])



Skills -
Identify Plants & Fruits 25% - 1d100 = 99 - restock herbal supplies
Recognize Precious Metals & Stones: 55% - 1d100 = 32 - restock ammo
Recognize Precious Metals & Stones: 55% - 1d100 = 22 - locate anything of value
Brewing 55%/60% - 1d100 = 16/1d100 = 95 - make tea for the group
Wilderness Survival 60% - help set up camp

Prayer of Communion: Success Ratio: 48% / 1d100 = 32
”info”
The prayer allows the priest to contact his deity or one of the gods in the pantheon. The god responds by creating a vision or dream which will motivate and encourage the priest. There is a 60% chance of divination or an omen which warns of impending danger, treachery, or good fortune (in this instance, the priest will automatically correctly interpret the signs of an omen). Visions and dreams are usually symbolic and cryptic, and always concern people and matters close to the priest, his deity(s) or church. Can only be attempted twice per 24 hour period.


POST -
Ramsis does his best to not complain about the ride as they talk of stopping for the night. Once they all decide where to stop, he will do what he can to assist in making camp and settling the animals in. After the last horse is hobbled, tents set up, and a fire going, Ramsis moves off. He will do a quick search of the area for any stoners he can use as ammo, maybe something of value as well as any useful herbs and such. After that he will meditate.

Locating a nice tranquil area not too far away, Ramsis sets his weapon down and kneels down. He will spend a little time meditating and praying to Tark. ”Proximo, i am gonna meditate for a bit. Watch over things, will ya?” Feeling the response more hearing it, Ramsis relaxes and begins his meditation.

After an hour, he will rejoin the others at camp. He offers up himself for watch. Whether he is on watch or not, he will sit by the fire till he gets sleepy. As he pokes the fire, his mind wanders to thoughts of his mistress and his life. As his thoughts wander, Ramsis finds them collecting into talking with his mistress. ”i am thankful your people found me as a child. You have given me hope and the abilities to do great things in your name. But, forgive me, i am lost. I am unsure of my path.” he pokes the fire, and takes a sip of water. ”i was sent a sign to find these folk, then we fought orcs, and are now returning to where this started. Why am i here? I am sure i am meant as more than a good looking medic. Please send me a sign of your purpose for me. I remain your servant.” Ramsis blinks and with a soft whistle calls Proximo. Once his friend arrives, Ram heads to bed.
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Doctor Ravenscroft » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 22/49%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 7; 1d100 = 26
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Sustain (10 days: 2 hours of sleep, no food or drink needed).

Magpie wrote:“I noticed your glances... How are you holding up, Bertrand? Does flight suit a raven? This little magpie seems to be getting along well with it.”


Bertrand smiles behind his mask. "It's old hat for me. I mostly was just making sure you were doing okay." The raven clad doctor responds.




Once the flight is over and the group prepares for a night of rest, the doctor finds a stump or a rock to sit on and pulls a journal from his satchel along with a lacquered wooden case with writing implements. Ravenscroft spends several long moments writing on a partially filled page, before moving to store all the stuff back where he pulled it from. When night falls, Ravenscroft pulls his mask and wide brimmed hat off and sets them near his feet. The doctor seems content to sit and watch the others, his pale skin and shock white hair an oddity in someone as seemingly young as he is. Eventually the light gets bad enough that he pulls a pair of wire-framed spectacles out of his coats interior and puts them on. In the small hours, Ravenscroft eventually moves to get some sleep.
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft


P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35


Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger


Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Grace » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 22 (36%)
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 29

ISP: 160/164

Conditions
Sustain, Duration: 10 days remaining (2hrs Sleep, No Food or Drink needed)

"Psychic power huh? Please stay out of my head unless absolutely necessary and we will get along just fine. Sil has a bit of psychic power herself. Had a few friends back in the day that had a bit of that kind of power. They were pretty amazing interrogators, I'll admit. Pretty useful to have around, especially the ones you could trust."


Grace snorts derisively. ”I have no interest in listening to your thoughts or being inside your or anyone else's head. I learned long ago that most people's thoughts are either boring or disturbing.” Grace will continue conversing with Predat if he continues to speak, but otherwise falls quiet as they continue on to Llorn. She is glad they haven't had any run ins with Orcs. Disgusting creatures! Grace thinks to herself.

As they camp, Grace watches Tyral curiously as he sits and mutters to a wooden spoon. What in the world? Since Predat is one of the few members of the group who had been conversing with her, she asks him, glancing over at the mage. ”Do you know what he is doing?”
Grace Alexander

HP: 23/23
SDC: 10/10

Conditions:
Sixth Sense
User avatar
Grace
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:21 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 90
Perc: 68% / 1d100 = 45



Grimacing at the featureless visage of the man being revealed Sil notices the crows waiting, causing her to contemplate what that could signify in their pacificity in relation to the grizzly meal at hand,"Ah, they might be full and digesting before eating too much." She wonders for only the briefest moment if she too could consume this man for food, before mentally pretending it hadn't occurred to her. Crow-Silhouette's jaw opens as if panting before snapping shut with the lack of attention from her "fellows" as they continue to sit around in their crow-like reverie. This moment felt like a seemingly incidental lesson but profound in the impact like when she first took his sword from her then-unknown father's hand, an action she never conceived possible even with the constant successes and certainty of growth in training. She could still hear that sharp clang as the disarmed weapon received one of the very few scratches ever to mar its immaculate silver surface against the stone. It came to mind with an intensity of that same moment that intelligence can guess at the possibility but experience exposes you more readily to the lesson as she remembers thinking, "Who disarms the Bladesinger? Nobody, not even in practice... But you just did!"

Making a little crow sigh with her wings lifting and then coming down around her she lifts a foot and then the other returning from her own reverie to experiencing this moment. Like the lesson, she learned that day she thinks,"The possible is only that which has yet to be recognized." Bobbing her crow-head she considers, "I don't see what I am looking for in signs of flags or symbols, but as an inside joke relies on knowing the punchline, maybe a hint is all I need. Maybe If I were to share what I've experienced here with another... Like Tyral in all his claimed wisdom? Oh, Predat and his time with the guard!" Wondering to herself she questions still,"Right, like now? Oh, yes!" Beckoning the animated man to stand still, but to still wave arms as words almost like a chanting mantra beckoning the past come from SIlhouette as she casts Cause of Death (-7 PPE) on the rider all the while leaning in and pecking her closed beak to touch the former man's foot as she finishes.

Roll for Witnessing 2d6 minutes of the deceased's life: 2d6 = 11

Cause of Death
Range: Touch.
Duration: Instant.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: 6 (7)
The spell caster can, by touching a recently deceased (no more than three days) body, relive the final moments of that person's life. The caster witnesses the last 2D6 minutes of the deceased's life as if he is hovering slightly above and behind the person's head, a silent, ghostly observer to the unfolding events. Since the mage has a somewhat detached vantage point, he may notice things the deceased did not, like a sneak attack from the side, or- developments that happened in the person's presence while he was not looking. The spell caster can not affect the outcome, obviously, but he can learn details of the death that not even the deceased may be privy to.
Last edited by Silhouette on Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:07 am, edited 10 times in total.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 99 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 43 1d20 = 1

Conditions: Sustain (4 days)

Grace wrote:Grace snorts derisively. ”I have no interest in listening to your thoughts or being inside your or anyone else's head. I learned long ago that most people's thoughts are either boring or disturbing.” Grace will continue conversing with Predat if he continues to speak, but otherwise falls quiet as they continue on to Llorn.[/b]
Pre smiles his reptilian grin, "First psychic I've meet that likes to mind their own business. "

Pre nods to Tyral, "Okay, I guess it is time to camp" He gives the mage a toothy grin. Pre again takes his crossbow, searches for any kind tracks, then tries to find some grub. This time he will give one of his catches to Hey Stupid if he is able.

Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 46 / 87%
Wilderness Survival - 1d100 = 17 / 92% (Food and camp)
Land Navigation - 1d100 = 46 / 79%
Track and Trap Animals - 1d100 = 81 / 77%/87% (Food)
Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 81 / 77% (looking for trouble)
Identify Plants & Fruits - 1d100 = 95 / 67% (Food)

Grace wrote:Since Predat is one of the few members of the group who had been conversing with her, she asks him, glancing over at the mage. ”Do you know what he is doing?”

Pre nods, "Looks like he is making another wand. Wonder what kind he is making this time. He can be an arrogant ass sometimes, but he is a pretty tough mage!"
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:25 pm


Date: 16 May, 345
Time: 630
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: West of Hadrian's Cove





The group chat and get to know one another shifting a bit from psychic leanings, to travel, to what the hell the Elf is doing with a spoon. Ramsis finds no useful medicinal herbs but is able to find a couple stones to add to his figurative quiver for the heavy cross-bow thing. The night passes without incident. Predat and company wake in the morning, and break camp once the animals are cared for (in Hey Stupid’s case by feeding him a pair of rabbits). The Priest wakes after receiving a vision from his divine mistress which he interprets as a figurative [‘Look I’m busy, but I do not have time to individually guide every priest through every decision. I’m great, go convince more people of that. Kill some bad guys in my name, stop hordes of locusts, shake some hands, kiss some babies. Unravel some evil schemes, or lay down some good ones that would make me proud to snare the wicked from on high.’], he proceeds to make some tea (drinkers of the tea please indicate in your next post).

Everyone then saddles up (where appropriate). Tyral rises from a seat he had taken off to the side and you see a pigeon fly off to the East clutching the wooden spoon he had been holding the prior evening and the Elf holds a hand out for the Northern caster to shift some energy of his own for flight spells.

OOC: Everyone take 1 day off your Sustain time
OOC: Meditation regains 10 PPE/hr, Sleep = 5PPE/hr [PF Pg 180]. Tyral does not have a PPE pool to float Ravenscroft and Margaret indefinitely, it may be a good plan for Ravenscroft to make sure he meditates some as well as the 2 hours of sleep he needs as a result of Sustain …

Butcher's Bill:

Predat: --165 SDC to Armor, Helmet destroyed
Ramsis: -30 PPE
Doc: -15 PPE
Margaret:
Grace:




SILHOUETTE

Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 1443
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: South, and East[?] of Hadrian's Cove …





Crow-Sil contemplates a moment of past revelation during training. She then casts a spell on the fallen traveler and with a tap of her beak to a festering hand the world goes dark. She sees that yes, this was a man, and when her vision of him takes hold he is riding hard through darkness of this craggy dangerous land through and fog? It looks like fog in the middle of the night, she sees no fire and doubts that it would be smoke. A ragged chorus of howling fills her non-existent ears, where one ominous call leaves off another takes it up. The quartet of horses seem panicked and desperate as one lead rider topples and falls leaving behind an empty saddle as his mount gallops onward without pause. The 3 remaining riders pull rein and the blue and grey cloaked traveler (Sil’s subject) runs back to grab the fallen man. He half-carries the fellow to the others and calls out “Take him and make some distance. I will hold their attention and meet you at Nomel Rabb’s by sunrise!!” Silhouette watches as the others haul the injured rider to sit 2nd behind someone with an axe strapped to his saddle-horn and the trio resume riding into the fog. The robed man puts his back to a series of jagged 12ft boulders and brandishes a short black staff in 1 hand before he begins several spells. 1, 2, then 3 globes of daylight burst into existence lighting the area (sort-of) and you see the man call up a pair of mini tornado-like things that are primarily visible because of the noticeable way they spin and tear through the fog. To the changeling’s eye(?), they are reminiscent of the elementals that Zephyr used to call to his aid.

The howling becomes louder, closer, it surrounds the man who darts his eyes from one edge of his circle of light to the other and back. Silhouette feels time stretch out as the last moments begin to unfold from her 3rd person vantage. A pair of obsidian wolves larger than Brago step menacingly out of the fog and into the light where their eyes clearly glow red with malevolence. The man unsuccessfully hurls a lightning bolt from his staff at one, but as he does so a shadowy canine form emerges through the boulder. Emerging from behind the caster the alpha looking wolf made of darkness clamps its massive jaws onto the forearm holding the man’s staff. As he loses his grip a dozen other canines step forward. Several wolves are thrown an unknown distance into the fog by an animated whirlwind, but in the end one of them clamps jaws down on his neck while the alpha bites into his midsection leaving a massive wound. The pack falls silent, and Silhouette hears the tread of a boot on gravel from the fog as a black-clad man emerges, “Leave him. Stop the others, they … “ the Foresaken mage hears nothing further as her gaze falls upon the distinctive sword hilt at the man’s hip, one she recognizes, one she was thinking of just minutes ago. That hilt matched the one carried by Tictac the Bladesinger, her father (figuratively speaking). The vision cuts off, and Silhouette is no longer a disembodied pair of eyes watching a night-time scene, she is once more one Crow among thousands of others as a storm approaches (a storm that is about 10-11 minutes closer than before).



Butcher's Bill:
Silhouette: -98 PPE, -20 SDC



What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Magpie » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:04 am

Perception: 1d100 = 9 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 71
Conditions: Sustain (9 days: 2 hours of sleep, no food or drink needed)

Margaret leaves Bertrand to his writing and Tyral to his spoon. She notes the conversation between Grace and Predat and is thankful that Ramsis thinks to build a fire before wandering off. Silently she wonders what the little dwarf is up to in the woods on his own. Margaret tries to sleep, but she finds it to be a difficult task with the sustain spell that has been placed upon her. Her thoughts turn to Enara, as they usually do when it becomes quiet. Memories of helping the child prepare for bed come to her mind. Bedtime stories and lullabies are recalled. Lost in her thoughts, Margaret hums an old tune.

Later, after Ramsis returns to the group and prepares tea, Margaret takes some when it is offered to her. It is done out of habit, rather than out of any need for the tea. She takes a sip of the warm liquid and wonders how far the party will travel before resting again.
Lady Margaret Evensen
P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 25/25
S.D.C.: 9/9

Leather of Iron:
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 100
• Modifiers: Impervious to Fire [Normal fire no damage, Magic fire 1/2 damage]
User avatar
Magpie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Doctor Ravenscroft » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12/49%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 7; 1d100 = 90
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Sustain (9 days)

Once Bertrand Ravenscroft has taken the minimal two hours of rest he needed because of the Sustain spell, he makes his way back to the stone he had been using as a seat before and closes his eyes once more, this time meditating to restore his magical strength. It only takes Ravenscroft a few hours to do as he doesn't actually have vast reserves of potential psychic energy. Once he feels as empowered as he is going to get, he opens his eyes and goes back to writing in his journal, this time Ravenscroft is making some speculations as to how he could best perform the task Margaret has given him months ago.

When the rest of the group begins preparing for the next leg of the trip, the Doctor stows his writing utensils and dons his mask, hood , and wide-brimmed hat. "Another day of travel, I wonder what it will bring?" Doctor Ravenscroft says to no one in particular.
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft


P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35


Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger


Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 92 1d20 = 20

Conditions: Sustain (3 days)

Pre smiles his reptilian grin at Ravenscroft, "Probably more boring road. The closer to Llorn we are, generally the safer travel is."

Pre nods to Tyral, "You ready to hit the road?" If given the indication he will lead them out again. Pre will increase the pace a bit. They are probably not quite as capable in a battle, but these three are definitely a lot nicer to travel with than Sil. He looks at Tyral, "Can't believe we've went two whole days on the road without a lot of crazy talk or someone just ignoring plans and doing whatever in the abyss that comes to her twisted head at that second. It is actually kinda nice."

While traveling he looks to Mag, "So what do? She is a psychic, he is a mage, what do you bring to the group?"

Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 13 / 87%
Land Navigation - 1d100 = 82 / 79%
Land Navigation - 1d100 = 54 / 79%
Land Navigation - 1d100 = 7 / 79%
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Grace » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 56 (36%)
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 98

ISP: 164/164

Conditions
Sustain, Duration: 9 days remaining (2hrs Sleep, No Food or Drink needed)

Pre nods, "Looks like he is making another wand. Wonder what kind he is making this time. He can be an arrogant ass sometimes, but he is a pretty tough mage!"[/b]


Grace looks interested and nods. ”Indeed. Grace looks over at Tyrall as he makes his wand and thinks He'd definitely be a good ally!

When they stop for the evening, Grace sleeps the required 2 hours and regains the psychic energy she had used when she'd activated her nightvision earlier. Once it's time to leave, Grace smirks at Pre's answer to Ravencroft's question. ”He's probably right. It's been pretty quiet but, who knows, we may see some action.”
Last edited by Grace on Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grace Alexander

HP: 23/23
SDC: 10/10

Conditions:
Sixth Sense
User avatar
Grace
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:15 am

JIC: 1d20 = 71d100 = 45
Perc: 68% / 1d100 = 41

Ticean Tacreaul

Joy floods Silhouette at the sight of that weapon as she thinks,"Tictac!" The sword may as well be of the same name for it was the source of the sound. There was a reason few disarmed him or touched him as his speed was so great that for every attack defended it sounding as if two blades were in use in that instant to turn it aside for he would quickly touch either side of the blade before the riposte.

But in recognition a dreadful apprehension follows as the beasts of shadow confuse her happiness. She could not fathom him fighting beside such creatures. Frightening creatures. Intangible ones... Even knowing she could hurt such a being if it came to it, she could not guard her back against things that could both disappear and attack as it appeared in the same instant. The prickling of fear creeps through her not at the beasts, but at the absence of warmth as cold as the shadows plays in her minds-eye.

Thinking she remembers the handful of wolves attacking at once she shivers at the overpowering force of that attack recalling the pattern, like a played out plan with a few from the front distracting from the rear, then the surprise attack, the removal of the weapon, and finally everything at once. Chilling efficiency. "No , I cannot fight that kind of coordination alone..."

Following along that thought she thinks more on the the caster, the man he saved, and the axe of the man taking him to his horse the words,"Nomel Rabb." Pausing she recollects,"No, Rabb's, someone's place or namesake?" Pondering she connects the name with distance and time remembering that he had said at dawn,"Somewhere reachable by morning, if like Zephyr or Tyral, reachable by with flight, but too at the speed of the horses. Hmm, as fast as each horse carrying a rotation of two while stumbling through the dark."

As a bird rolling her eyes was not very efficient as she mentally slaps herself. A moment passes as she considers tracking the sword psychically, the obvious possibility to succeed, but this place was vast and even with her capacity she doubted that man loitered for anything. She couldn't imagine Tictac being apart from his sword like this, but as well she couldn't accept him being dead, but here the proof was difficult to disbelieve. She had to get that sword. His sword, because she could find him with it and nobody else should have it. Girding her action she swears,"If you are alive..." No, he had to be,"I will return your sword to you!"

Looking around suddenly she recalls the weapon, the black staff. If she could find those people at this Nomel Rabb's she could win their trust returning something like that. And realizing she could find them at this Rabb's place by searching for that axe. Glancing around she enacts Psionic Seeking (-6 ISP) focusing on the caster's black staff (Seeking: 85% / 1d100 = 100)

If failing she will seek a second time if the staff is in the vicinity, ( 1d100 = 76 )

Psionic Seeking
{Rifter 25)
I.S.P.: (6)
Range: 1 mile/level
Duration: 5 min/level
With this power the character will be able to sense and possibly find any object or person he desires. The psychic needs to have some knowledge of the person or item he is trying to find. This knowledge can include meeting the person or touching the item in the past, having a picture of the person or item, having an item that belongs to the person he is searching for, or having the owner of the item present. The base chance of finding someone or something is 40% +5% per level(Currently 85%). If the character is looking for an item of his own, or a close friend or relative, he gains a +20% to this roll. Even if the character fails the roll to find the person or item, he will be able to sense whether or not the object is within his range.
Last edited by Silhouette on Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Magpie » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:28 am

((Rolls held over))

Predat wrote:"So what do? She is a psychic, he is a mage, what do you bring to the group?"

Lady Margaret looks up from her teacup, her eyes locking onto the lizard man. What am I now? She chooses her words carefully. “Watchful eyes and intelligence,” she replies honestly. “Charm, manners...they seem to mean very little here in the wilderness. I prefer not to draw my weapons unless necessary, but I am a skilled duelist.”
Lady Margaret Evensen
P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 25/25
S.D.C.: 9/9

Leather of Iron:
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 100
• Modifiers: Impervious to Fire [Normal fire no damage, Magic fire 1/2 damage]
User avatar
Magpie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:02 pm

Rolls as above

Pre nods, "So you are a planner, a spotter, and a scrapper. Sounds good to me, but you are right, charm and manners don't mean much out here. In the city, yes. However, the city can be more viscous than out here." She is an interesting one.
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Magpie » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:17 am

((Rolls held over))

“Yes,” Lady Margaret agrees, offering Predat a small nod. “Charm and manners are weapons best suited for the cities.” She pauses for a moment, wondering if Predat has spent much time in a city. Do you speak from experience? “Tell me about yourself. What is your role in this party?” she asks him.
Lady Margaret Evensen
P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 25/25
S.D.C.: 9/9

Leather of Iron:
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 100
• Modifiers: Impervious to Fire [Normal fire no damage, Magic fire 1/2 damage]
User avatar
Magpie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:20 pm

Rolls as above

Should I speak plain? Why not. Without the least bit of shame he looks her in the eye and says, "Killer . . . along with scout and tracker. I spent 20 years in the Red Brigade. If you don't know, it is a mercenary army, but in reality it is Llorn's army. I held many positions in the brigade, soldier, guard, spy, assassin and teacher. Some of those position brought me to the city, so yes, I agree, charm and manners are suitable weapons at times."
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:55 pm



Date: 16 May, 345
Time: 630
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: West of Hadrian's Cove





Ramsis’ tea goes down smoothly but within minutes the dwarf and Margaret are doubled over with severe stomach cramps, convulsions, and heart palpitations. The northern lady is quickly doubled over screaming in pain [-20 SDC] while the priest drops to his knees, one hand clutching the collar/heart area [-30 SDC]. Tyral slides from his saddle and runs over to the woman casting a healing spell [+10 SDC], then the bearded tea-maker [+10 SDC]. He sniffs the tea then reaches to check Margaret’s pupils and pulse and as she stops convulsing, “Ramsis, is I am not mistaken, I believe you included some foxglove in that tea.”

It’s almost an hour before the two are recovered enough to travel, yet eventually the group returns to the road. Predat and the others exchange insight into skills and talents having their respective best environments, and as the company hurries back to Llorn they come upon a wrecked caravan of refugees, burning carts and dozens of dead men, women, and children litter the road. Scattered among the dead, a half dozen Orcish warriors with a black-winged creature of some kind emblazoned in ash on each (either the chest, shoulder, or 1 ruined helm). There are no survivors present but Predat locates indications of a large number moving Northwards …



Butcher's Bill:

Predat: --165 SDC to Armor, Helmet destroyed
Ramsis: -20 SDC, -30 PPE
Doc: -25 PPE
Margaret: -10 SDC
Grace:




SILHOUETTE

Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 1500
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: South, and East[?] of Hadrian's Cove …




Disturbed first by the coordinated supernatural wolves, then by the image of an unknown walking the world with the blade of her dead ‘father’, Silhouette decides that she will find the blade and return it to him. She decides in virtual moments that Tictac must still be alive somewhere, but does not decide to find him. Rather than psychically search out the blade worn by, she concentrates her efforts on the staff of the fallen mage [Psionic Seeking, 9 Miles]. First she feels it strongly to the North about 1000ft, but a short flight later finds nothing in the wasteland. Whether taken by the man-in-black when the mage fell, or someone else in the interceding time between death and becoming a feast for crows, the staff is now somewhere about … then, she feels it, to the Southeast. At the very edge of her range, maybe even beyond the stormfront, the staff is there she thinks.


Butcher's Bill:
Silhouette: -98 PPE, -20 SDC, -12 ISP



What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Doctor Ravenscroft » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 27/49%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14; 1d100 = 92
Conditions: Sixth Sense.

Skills: Surgeon/Medical Doctor: Daignosis 1d100 = 26/45% Pass (What did Ramsis do?)
Surgeon/Medical Doctor: Treatment 1d100 = 100/35% Fail(How to fix what Ramsis did?)
Surgeon/Medical Doctor: Diagnosis 1d100 = 16/45% Pass (Cause of death for the travelers/orcs?)
Holistic Medicine: Diagnosis 1d100 = 51/48% Fail (What did Ramsis do?)
Holistic Medicine: Treatment 1d100 = 9/38% Pass (How to fix what Ramsis did?)
Recognize Poison 1d100 = 45/31% Fail (What poison was it?)
Lore: Demon & Monster 1d100 = 50/58% Pass (What's on their sashes?)

Ya-Blik wrote:“Ramsis, is I am not mistaken, I believe you included some foxglove in that tea.”


Ravenscroft is up from his spot quickly. His mind starts racing with what he can do to help. Once some manner of treatment is figured out, the doctor sees if he can implement it with the meager supplies he has with him. Once things have calmed down a little, Ravenscroft will quietly make a joke towards Margaret. "You could have hired him as your cook, that would have solved several problems." The doctor says with a dark chuckle before looking to Ramsis. "You should stick to packaged packets of ingredients, as you seem to be more than a danger to those around you, when you forage for ingredients." Doctor Ravenscroft says with more than a little disdain.




Doctor Ravenscroft lands, his boots firmly on the ground, he walks towards the first of the dead and crouches. I'm assuming the orcs killed them, and the few dead orcs are due to the travelers fighting back. After examining a few of the corpses, Doctor Ravenscroft considers the creature on the orcs sash. What beast do they use as a symbol?

The doctor sighs once more. "I can question them potentially. Not a guarantee, but a possibility." The doctor says as he shuffles a boot in the dirt. I could just eat one of their brains and know what happened, but I don't think I want to show that side of me yet. Hell I could raise a bunch of them for various uses, but again I'll avoid that one too.
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft


P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35


Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger


Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Grace » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 37 (36%)
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 70

ISP: 164/164

Conditions
Sustain, Duration: 9 days remaining (2hrs Sleep, No Food or Drink needed)

Grace looks alarmed when Margaret and Ramsis double over in pain. What in the hell?? She's starts to offer to help by using some of her healing abilities when Tyral steps up and helps them. Grace is a bit surprised when she hears Ramsis put foxglove in the tea. Seriously!?! Grace shakes her head, glad that she hadn't drunk any of the tea. Fool could have killed both himself and Charming. While the group waits for them to recover enough to travel, Grace politely offers both of them some water if they want it. Otherwise, Grace spends time with Buttercup and relaxes until they head out to Llorn again.

When they come across the wrecked caravan scene, Grace grows quiet. I guess I could have helped them if we had come sooner. Not much we can do about this now.

The doctor sighs once more. "I can question them potentially. Not a guarantee, but a possibility."


Grace raises an eyebrow as she looks at Ravenscroft. ”How would you manage that?” Grace looks at the wrecked caravan. ”I don't see any survivors.”
Grace Alexander

HP: 23/23
SDC: 10/10

Conditions:
Sixth Sense
User avatar
Grace
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Doctor Ravenscroft » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:35 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Grace wrote:”How would you manage that?” Grace looks at the wrecked caravan. ”I don't see any survivors.”


The doctor shrugs and seems to sigh. "Well one of two ways really, either I can see if any of their spirits are a round and question them, though that usually has mixed results, I can query one of the corpses, but that doesn't always get me info I need or care about, or.... Well yeah, that's about it." The doctor says cutting himself off at the end.
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft


P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35


Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger


Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Magpie » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 63 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 26
Conditions: Sustain (9 days: 2 hours of sleep, no food or drink needed, Flying?)

Skill Rolls:
Intelligence 1d100 = 35 / 48% (to spot any useful clues about the caravan scene)
Heraldry 1d100 = 66 / 40% (to recognize the ashen symbol or a possible crest on the dead travellers, crates, wagons...)

“Another timely rescue,” Margaret manages in a whisper when Tyral casts a healing spell upon her. “Thank you.” While the spell has worked wonders, the foxglove has left the noblewoman feeling weak, but she tries to stand with some dignity. Margaret leans on the good doctor, who also rushed to her aid, and smiles a little at his dark joke. “Perhaps…” she whispers to him in their native tongue. Her eyes narrow upon Ramsis, wondering if he meant to poison her. Did you hope to avoid persecution by poisoning yourself as well? Or are you just incompetent? As they take some time to recover, Margaret keeps some distance between herself and the dwarven priest. When the party decides to move on again, she flies fairly close to Doctor Ravenscroft, the one man she feels she can trust at the moment.

When the party happens upon the dead and burning caravan, Lady Margaret lands softly. She raises a gloved hand to her mouth and nose, stifling a gasp of horror. She looks to the doctor. “Is there anything that can be done for them, Bertrand?” she asks. Her eyes take in the site, looking for any clues… When Grace inquires how the doctor may be able to question the dead, Margaret pays close attention to their conversation.
Lady Margaret Evensen
P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 25/25
S.D.C.: 9/9

Leather of Iron:
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 100
• Modifiers: Impervious to Fire [Normal fire no damage, Magic fire 1/2 damage]
User avatar
Magpie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Grace » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:17 pm

(rolls held over)

The doctor shrugs and seems to sigh. "Well one of two ways really, either I can see if any of their spirits are a round and question them, though that usually has mixed results, I can query one of the corpses, but that doesn't always get me info I need or care about, or.... Well yeah, that's about it." The doctor says cutting himself off at the end.


Grace looks unconvinced. "How exactly can you see if their spirits are still around? Is that a spell? How can you query one of the corpses?" Grace looks around before realizing something and looks at Ravenscroft again. "Or what? What other option would there be?"
Grace Alexander

HP: 23/23
SDC: 10/10

Conditions:
Sixth Sense
User avatar
Grace
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Doctor Ravenscroft » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:40 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Magpie wrote: “Is there anything that can be done for them, Bertrand?” she asks.


The Doctor shakes his head at the question. "Other than send them off to their afterlife, if they're stuck here... no not really, at least not yet." The Doctor says, understanding the double edge of the question.

Grace wrote:"How exactly can you see if their spirits are still around? Is that a spell? How can you query one of the corpses?" Grace looks around before realizing something and looks at Ravenscroft again. "Or what? What other option would there be?"


The doctor sighs once more. "Well one of the powers is a mental discipline I have, and theoretically mind mages likely do as well, to commune with spirits. While the other is a spell that tells me some of the history of a corpse, useful to identify things about the dead, no matter the age. The third is not something I would bring up in polite company, but I know of a ritual that can grant me all the knowledge of the deceased for a short time, but it's not for the faint of heart." Doctor Ravenscroft says while crouching next to the corpse of one of the refugees.
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft


P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35


Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger


Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Magpie » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:59 pm

(Rolls held over)

Doctor Ravenscroft wrote:"Other than send them off to their afterlife, if they're stuck here... no not really, at least not yet." The Doctor says, understanding the double edge of the question.

Margaret nods somberly. But you’ll discover a way to bring someone back from the dead, right? A way to bring my Heart back? She allows herself a moment to think of her daughter and anticipates the day that Ravenscroft will restore her to the realm of the living. I might have joined her today. Margaret shakes away the thought of Ramsis’ poisoned tea and turns her attention back to searching for clues.
Lady Margaret Evensen
P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 25/25
S.D.C.: 9/9

Leather of Iron:
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 100
• Modifiers: Impervious to Fire [Normal fire no damage, Magic fire 1/2 damage]
User avatar
Magpie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:43 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 181d100 = 42
Perc: 68% / 1d100 = 87

From the top of her head to her little feet Crow-Silhouette feels an alarm from the tracking results. She wanted to find the man but a part of her she realizes doesn't. She wasn't so big-headed to not realize if one mage died to that man she wasn't except either. Flapping her wings in agitation she looks at that storm and realizes there will be no rest for the wicked as it rolls over the land.

Sniffing as well as crow can, more of an open beaked cough, the forsaken mage decides that she might as well go into it as hail and well and she can as she meditates to bio-regenerate. (-6 ISP, recover 3d6 = 11 S.D.C.). Once that is accomplished Silhouette raises a wing to the man she animated and says,"You were dumb, but I guess brave too. I'll tell your friends if I see them."

Looking into the storm feeling the staff in the distance she shakes her head in dismay at herself. This was the most fearful she had felt in a long time, even facing down the dragon somehow was lesser than this, the thought of confirming Tictac's death. Swallowing she takes wing to the southeast mentally preparing herself,"Whatever you find, you will keep a level head, right?" When she reaches the storm she will stay low in hopes that the rocks help break up the wind like how trees do along the boundary plains and forests. If staying lower to the ground does not reduce the tossing winds and she finds herself being pushed perilously toward rocks she will rise higher and merely battle it out with the wind. After all, little is as disastrous to a traveler as a broken bone or leg lost inside inclement weather or in her case a wing. If she hears thunder or observes lightning she will cast Armor of Ithan just in case.

Doing some mental math informs her that she would hit the storm before finding the man since he is just at the edge of her sensing range, but he'd be only so far into it and equally harried by the wind and perhaps rains. Rainfall was an excellent cover when watching others and would be so now when she catches up to observe who and what accompanies him this terrible day. She considers her heat vision magic to better see through the rains but decides she wishes to see the sword clearly as well as the owners face.

Upon closing in on the staff she is seeking she rise fifty to a hundred feet overhead to observe if he is alone. At her new elevation she will fly ahead of his path to observe how he is traveling or those with him, if by horse or on foot. Hopefully he isn't wearing a hood or some other obstruction to his face. When looking back to observe she will angle at a perpendicular line so her eye advantageously positioned eye can observe from the side.

Prowl -- 67% / 1d100 = 34(When she has the man in sight if she can remain unnoticed that's a plus but as a bird she figures it is pretty good cover in stealth anyway.)

Area Knowledge (PF Eastern Territory) -- 37% / 1d100 = 85(She is trying to determine if she knows of anything in that direction southeast of note to inhabitants.)

Area Knowledge (PF Eastern Territory) -- 37% / 1d100 = 64 (Does she recognize the name Nomel Rabb?)
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 45 1d20 = 3

Conditions: Sustain (3 days)

Pre checks on them both as they fall ill, but unfortunately he is more skilled at taking life than saving one. He looks wearily at Ramsis, "What in the Abyss priest?" He is a new guy, did he try to kill her and make himself sick to remove suspicion? You may be too paranoid Pre, why would he possibly want her dead. Regardless I better watch what he makes and avoid it all costs. He nods to Tyral as he heals them and waits till they are feeling better before heading out.

Pre surveys the battle scene, after he controls the feeling of wanting to hunt down the orcs responsible. "Dirty orcs! Do what you Bertrand . . . find out any information that can be useful." And again he is disgusted by Sil's treatment for these beasts. She should have killed as many as she could, but instead she just wanted to play with them. What a child! He sees the tracks moving north, Well I could be an idiot and run off on my own to chase down a threat, or I could get back to Llorn, so the entire Brigade can move out and handle these problems. Pre let's Hey Stupid eat any of the orcs once he is done looking them over. "Enjoy!" Pre takes as many notes on the area as he can, checks the tracks before and after the fight, and he grabs a shoulder piece that has the symbol of the blacked winged creature. When he notes all he can he moves out, "Come we need to get to Llorn and let them know what is happening."

Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 42 / 77% (Looking for anything concealed that others might have missed either on the refuges or the Orcs)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 41 / 87% (obvious)
Intelligence - 1d100 = 52 / 77% (looking for anything that may have been missed)
Locate Secret Compartment/Doors - 1d100 = 29 / 67% (Looking for anything concealed that others might have missed either on the refuges or the Orcs)
Streetwise - 1d100 = 36 / 75% (Recognize the symbol of the blacked winged creature)
Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 1 / 77% (Was this a set ambush by the orcs or a random encounter)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Doctor Ravenscroft » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:17 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Skills: Surgeon/Medical Doctor 1d100 = 57/45%/35% Fail (To extract the organs of one of the orcs for Consume Power)

Predat wrote:"Dirty orcs! Do what you Bertrand . . . find out any information that can be useful."


The doctor nods and begins his first party trick so to speak. Kneeling next to one of the Orcs, Bertrand begins speaking the words to an incantation forbidden in most cultures, his hands weaving a simple pattern in multiple repetitions. (Object Read the Dead. -8 P.P.E.) Probably not going to give me a lot of useful information, I just want to make sure.

Once The doctor has gleaned the information from the Orc corpse, Doctor Ravenscroft changes his position to one people would assume is used in prayer. The doctor slows his breathing and clears his mind, opening himself to the hidden world of spirits. (Commune with Spirit. -8 I.S.P., Chance of Success: 1d100 = 68/21% Fail; Type of Spirit Brought: 1d100 = 83) Doctor Ravenscroft opens his eyes to see if any spirits are around to be questioned.


Contingency

If the spirits aren't available to ask, Doctor Ravenscroft sighs and considers a third and fourth trick. "Predat we could just take one of them to the temples in Llorn and have one raised for questioning. Would only cost about two to three thousand gold I would guess if the going rate is the same as Byzantium." The Doctor screws up enough courage to ask the next part. "I also would like top harvest organs from one of them, for an experiment if I could?"

Contingency Two

Bertrand finds a spirit. "Pardon I have a question or two if you wouldn't mind."

Object Read the Dead 8 P.P.E.
Range: Touch.
Duration: Instant.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Eight
This spell gives the character a power similar to the psionic ability of object read, only this power is limited to divining things about the dead. Information can be gathered from a corpse, animal carcass, skeleton, skull, or a single large bone. The data is limited but helpful:
• General cause of death: old age, disease, plague, accident or murder.
• Race or animal type.
• Whether the creature suffered or not before dying.
• Whether or not magic was involved.
• The length of time the creature has been dead: immediate (a few minutes), recent (a few hours), quite a while (a few days), a long time (several months), years, or decades (over 20 years).
Commune with Spirits 8 I.S.P.
Range: Self
Duration: 8 melees
I.S.P.: 8
Saving Throw: None per se; the chance of successfully contacting a spirit or entity is 7% per level of experience, but add +20% if ghosts or entities are known to inhabit the immediate area.
This is the ability by which mediums are able to communicate with the entities, astral travelers, astral beings, ghosts, and spirits. The psionic serves as a transmitter, sending a general call into the spirit world or to entities in the general area. This does not necessarily mean that a spirit will comply. The being will usually communicate by temporarily possessing another person. That person may or may not be the psionic caller. The spirit will select the most susceptible person present to use as its speaking medium.
In seances like this, unknown factors are high: the psionic may contact a different spirit than the one he seeks, and many spirits and entities are hostile and may provide little helpful or truthful information (teasing and lying to the questioner). Consult the following table to determine the spirit's disposition and response. Either the G.M. or the player can roll on the following table (or the G.M. can pick whatever seems appropriate):
01-10 Exactly the spirit sought; 1-80% likelihood of being cooperative and helpful.
11-30 Not the spirit desired; sad and whiny; only a 1-30% chance of helping. Otherwise, spends most of its time moaning about its troubles and woes.
31-50 Not the spirit desired; hostile and snide because it has been summoned away from its activities. Only a 1-15% chance of it being helpful (perhaps on the condition that if it tells them what they want to know, they'll let it go immediately and not bother it again). This entity is likely to spend most of its time complaining, grumbling, and may tell lies.
51-70 Not the spirit desired, but friendly and helpful; tells whatever it knows (which may be a lot or very little) and may offer advice or warnings.
71-90 Not the spirit desired; evil and malicious, this being will try to frighten and harass the group. It will exaggerate or de-emphasize dangers, tell convincing lies, and offer false information that will send the group into dangerous situations or that will help the evil forces in the area.
91-00 Not the spirit desired; a prankster and an obvious liar (constantly contradicts itself), nothing it says can be trusted, but it does not try to hurt the group.
Note: A typical spirit will respond in accordance to its alignment and background. G.M.'s, play this as you see fit.
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft


P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35


Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger


Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:40 pm

Date: 16 May, 345
Time: 1230
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: West of Hadrian's Cove[/color]




Ravencroft takes a sniff of the tea, then examines some remnant leaves off to the side of the pot where Ramsis had done his preparation and finds no indication that the Elf is mistaken. It does look like the Dwarf had spiked the tea with something unintentionally (because he took it and is not without-effect). Foxglove is extremely dangerous even in small dosages, but the priest administers a couple healing touches over the next few minutes and Margaret appears to be fully recovered [+10 SDC] by completion.

Arrival at the ruined caravan brings Ravenscroft back to earth and he examines several of the fallen before remarking with some hesitance, "I can question them potentially. Not a guarantee, but a possibility." Grace raises an eyebrow and questions how the Doctor could manage such a thing without survivors available and the mage replies, "Well one of the powers is a mental discipline I have, and theoretically mind mages likely do as well, to commune with spirits. While the other is a spell that tells me some of the history of a corpse, useful to identify things about the dead, no matter the age. The third is not something I would bring up in polite company, but I know of a ritual that can grant me all the knowledge of the deceased for a short time, but it's not for the faint of heart." Margaret asks if there is anything that can be done for the fallen, but it is unclear which she means.

Predat calls out for Bertrand to do whatever he feels is necessary while musing about Silhouette’s gravitation towards the last band of Orcs encountered, "Dirty orcs! Do what you Bertrand . . . find out any information that can be useful." Tyral finally seems roused to notice that they have stopped moving, "Silhouette liked to use a spell to raise and animate the dead, but you could not get any useful information from them. We used it the other night to stage a night-time fight between Orcs and Wolves to bait other Orcs into coming out of their fortress ... but, let’s see this Northern magic." Pre finds that the area suggests a large number of assailants, far more Orcs than he sees for human defenders although it’s all rough estimation based on boot tread, weight. It looks like it was an ambush but may not have been long in the preparation. Neither the Eandroth nor the Northerner can really get a good feeling for what the black figure is supposed to be, could be a crow, could be a gargoyle, might be a black star … the most certain thing is that these Orcs were not artisans.

Bertrand walks over to a large Orc and kneels to whisper an incantation over it (Object Read the Dead. -8 PPE) which confirms; this was an Orc, he died in battle, he suffered for a few minutes before succumbing to his wounds, he has been dead for just under 2 days. Ravenscroft then changes his position to kneel and slows his breathing to open himself to the hidden world of spirits with Commune with Spirit (-8 ISP). The Doctor feels that something has responded and opens his eyes to see that a small human child about 10 feet away has opened its eyes and is beginning to sit up though the process is disturbing because the back half of its head remains on the ground … Bertrand asks, "Pardon I have a question or two if you wouldn't mind."

The response that is issues is unnatural from the child’s body, "Speak them."


Butcher's Bill:

Predat: --165 SDC to Armor, Helmet destroyed
Ramsis: -20 SDC, -30 PPE
Doc: -33 PPE, - 8 ISP
Margaret:
Grace:




SILHOUETTE

Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 1528
Environment: Intense Thunderstorm
Location: South, and East[?] of Hadrian's Cove …




Silhouette steels her nerve as she feels for the fallen mage’s staff to the Southeast. She decides to try and retrieve it, though first she concentrates for a minute to bio-regenerate [+11 SDC]. As Crow-Sil’s eyes re-open she looks South and sees that the thick shadow, like a curtain of night that travels at the rains edge is advancing towards her. The flock of carrion birds around her meanwhile begin to take flight, they are headed mostly north. The changeling searches her memory but cannot recall anyone or anyplace named Nomel Rabb. She also has no idea who lives in the area within the storm’s edge. Lifting into the sky Silhouette finds flight difficult, a challenge as she is buffeted around by lashing winds, and from around 150ft up she sees lightning moments before the sound and feel of thunder rolls through her so she cast’s she will cast Armor of Ithan [-12 PPE, 7.25 Min] for protection as she flies. A rough estimate would be that she has travelled about 2 miles in the storm, but Silhouette has almost no experience flying in inclement weather let alone anything approaching this so she (bad Perception, no Wilderness Survival skill, no Navigation skill rolls) realizes this is a very very rough guess. Flying into headwinds with intermittently furious cross-winds is exhausting, and Sil briefly wonders where the hell the other birds might have hoped to take shelter as she battles her way towards the feeling in her mind that is the fallen warlock(?)’s staff. Another brilliant flash of lightning cracks across the sky, and for a moment Sil can see a stream of runoff beneath her. There does not really seem to be any people or, maybe more importantly wolves, down there but given their supernatural capabilities Sil is not sure if she even could perceive shadow wolves when barely a hint of sunlight pierces the stormclouds.


Butcher's Bill:
Silhouette: -110 PPE, -9 SDC, -18 ISP, Crow-Form [86.00 Min], Psionic Seeking [27.00 Min], AOI [2.00 Min]



What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Doctor Ravenscroft » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55/49%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 4; 1d100 = 98
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Commune with Spirits (2 minutes).

Ya-Blik wrote:The Doctor feels that something has responded and opens his eyes to see that a small human child about 10 feet away has opened its eyes and is beginning to sit up though the process is disturbing because the back half of its head remains on the ground … Bertrand asks, "Pardon I have a question or two if you wouldn't mind."

The response that is issues is unnatural from the child’s body, "Speak them."


Always a bit unnerving. Doctor Ravenscroft thinks before taking a calming breath and speaking. "Where were you heading?" The doctor asks, before patiently awaiting the answer.

"Do you know from what directions the Orcs came?" Again the doctor waits patiently for an answer.

"Do you know if anyone from your group survived?" The doctor awaits another answer. Probably not going to know, but hey worth asking when they're being cooperative.

"Are you stuck on this plane of existence? Do you need help passing on?" The Doctor asks politely.

"Thank you for your cooperation, I will use what you told me to deal with this orc threat." The doctor says before the power fades.
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft


P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35


Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger


Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Grace » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61 (36%)
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 34

ISP: 164/164

Conditions
Sustain, Duration: 9 days remaining (2hrs Sleep, No Food or Drink needed)

Grace watches with fascination as Ravenscroft casts the spell and starts communicating with a small human child. She grimaces a bit when the back half of his head stays on the ground after sitting up. Gross! She stays quiet as Ravenscroft questions the child, figuring that interrupting would be a bad idea. Hopefully this child can give us some useful information.
Grace Alexander

HP: 23/23
SDC: 10/10

Conditions:
Sixth Sense
User avatar
Grace
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 11 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 58 1d20 = 5

Conditions: Sustain (3 days)

Pre lets the Doctor do his work and he continues the search. He heads to the north for just a few hundred yards to see if he can find anything new. Don't think there is anything else out here, but worth a check. Once he gets back, assuming the Doctor is done, he rounds everyone up and hurry's back to Llorn. "What did you find out Doc?" After his response, "Let's go, we need to let Llorn know what is happening."

Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 7 / 77% (Looking for anything on the Orcs)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 42 / 87% (obvious)
Intelligence - 1d100 = 94 / 77% (looking for anything)
Locate Secret Compartment/Doors - 1d100 = 2 / 67% (Looking for anything on the Orcs)
Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 88 / 77% (Better numbers and any change of direction?)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Magpie » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 100 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 31
Conditions: Sustain (9 days: 2 hours of sleep, no food or drink needed)

“What is this?” Margaret wonders out loud while looking over the strange ashen symbol. “Almost like Bertrand’s feathered friend… Or maybe a star?” She shakes her head, unsure what to make of the Orcs’ artwork.

Ya-Blik wrote:The Doctor feels that something has responded and opens his eyes to see that a small human child about 10 feet away has opened its eyes and is beginning to sit up though the process is disturbing because the back half of its head remains on the ground … Bertrand asks, "Pardon I have a question or two if you wouldn't mind."

The response that is issues is unnatural from the child’s body, "Speak them."

The noblewoman turns her attention back to Doctor Ravenscroft, hoping to ask him what he thought of the ashen artwork. What she sees startles her! Margaret gasps, and stares at the dead child. “Bertrand?” she whispers without looking at him. As he questions the child, Margaret makes a silent promise to her departed daughter. Dear Heart...I won’t let him bring you back like this.
Lady Margaret Evensen
P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 25/25
S.D.C.: 9/9

Leather of Iron:
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 100
• Modifiers: Impervious to Fire [Normal fire no damage, Magic fire 1/2 damage]
User avatar
Magpie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:40 pm

Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 40
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 8
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 29

PPE: 84/84
SDC: 23/23
HP: 36/36

Conditions:
Sustain (12 PPE, 9 Day, (2hrs Sleep, No Food or Drink needed), BOM Pg 109)
Fly as the Eagle (25 P.P.E., 200 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack])

Skills -
Lore: Religion (Jungle Pantheon, Cult of Panath, Cult of Netosa, Dragonwright, Church of Taut, Church of Light and Dark) 60% / 1d100 = 83


POST -
“Ramsis, is I am not mistaken, I believe you included some foxglove in that tea.”
Ramsis rubs his torso. Hearing all the comments, he stands and moves towards his gear. With a look of shame, he re-checks his pouches. When he realizes what he did, his eyes get big. ”By the old ones!!! I mistook it for hyacinth. I am sorry.” He looks around sheepishly at the others. He packs up his gear and checks on Proximo. ”Morning Brother. I don't know what is going on with me. That was a novice mistake. Now, they dont trust me. The message from Tark is clearer. I need to stop leaning on her for things. Go big or go home. I will make her proud.” He stops and looks around again. Realizing he said all that out loud, he smiles and looks away.


Seeing the bodies make Ramsis shudder. He waits while the others do their thing. While he waits, he recites Tark’s Last rites over the bodies. Ramsis takes a look at the emblem closely, in case he recognizes it from somewhere. Once the rites are done, Ramsis says’As a priest i wish to lay to lay these souls to rest. I will dig a grave for them. They died together, so they can lay together.”
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:44 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 21d100 = 29
Perc 78% / 1d100 = 17



28minutes

Astronomy & Navigation -- 42% / 1d100 = 96(Tracking her distance)
Area Knowledge (PF Eastern Territory) -- 37% / 1d100 = 21(What is the most likely scenario to encounter the shadow wolves?)

Several quandaries pass through Silhouette's thought as she struggles through this black storm. The thought that her quarry couldn't possibly be traveling through the storm struck her most seriously as too did other details came together,"The wizard had died sometime in the night, it was well past noon almost afternoon, and she could sense the man within her range, or at least the staff. If he did travel much since then that is at a measly one mile an hour or less. So perhaps he must be camped."

Chiding herself she thinks,"If you'd have thought of this before you could have been looking for a place to wait this out as you moved this way, dummy!" Seeing the run off below though she half consoles her failure saying to herself words lost to the buffeting winds,"But at least you know where the storm is making trails before making a bed in one..." Frustration crawls down her diminutive spine as she considers the runoff,"I can't change to a land dweller to travel under the winds, the channels would end that quickly. And still the possibility of those wolves.? But lightning,.." The last she understood a proper response to this time.

Grumbling at the cold winds she prepares with Strength of the Mind to cut through her exhaustion (-10 ISP). Continuing forward she keeps an eye out for anywhere she might spy a black mass of ravens huddling against the storm or any northern facing outcropping's of land protecting from the storms rain and winds to hunker down for a break. Still in this storm she counts herself lucky to have made any progress at all in this damnable wind as this time she plans better mentally to rely on her sixth sense for a lightning strike before using Armor of Ithan again to protect herself, rather than so fearfully wasting her effort at the ghost of danger.

Strength of the Mind
ISP (10)
(Rifter 25) 2 minutes/lvl; The psychic gains +10 to P.S., +5 to P.E. and +20 S.D.C. for the duration & Supernatural Strength & Endurance.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:25 pm

Date: 16 May, 345
Time: 1240
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: West of Hadrian's Cove





The child’s face turns towards Ravenscroft and it’s head tilts, "What manner of creature are you Masked one?" Once an answer is given the Northerner provides his own inquiries:
Q&A
"Where were you heading?"
[*][*] "You have a strange sound to your tongue. You are not from East. We go North to new lands. At the tip of the Shattered Mountains is Ironhold."
"Do you know from what directions the Orcs came?"
[*][*] "South"
"Do you know if anyone from your group survived?"
[*][*] "Of course. The human slavers and the gutless elven enablers perished but few of us fell to this rabble … the chained ones were freed, and once more our ranks grow."
"Are you stuck on this plane of existence? Do you need help passing on?"
[*][*] "No birdman. I need nothing from you."
"Thank you for your cooperation, I will use what you told me to deal with this orc threat."
[*][*] "Foolish birdman." The body offers a sneer of derision then it drops like a puppet whose strings have been cut.

Grace watches warily as the Doctor questions ‘something’ animating the child. Meanwhile, ever-wary Predat heads off the path and to the North following tracks for a couple hundred yards. He finds ample evidence of dozens, maybe hundreds of footprints. The eandroth also finds a couple orc bodies, and the lanky sickly-yellowish 7-ft body of a changeling with 1 leg sheared off through the thigh, and now lying about 10 feet away.

Ramsis declares that he intends to dig a grave for the collective dead, and lay them to rest together. However without a shovel of any kind, the Dwarf comes to realize that digging a mass-grave with his weapons, or by hand, may be a lengthy (4-6 hour) process. [OOC: Not saying No, just giving you a heads-up]



Butcher's Bill:

Predat: --165 SDC to Armor, Helmet destroyed
Ramsis: -20 SDC, -30 PPE
Doc: -33 PPE, - 8 ISP
Margaret:
Grace:




SILHOUETTE

Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 1530
Environment: Intense Thunderstorm
Location: South, and East[?] of Hadrian's Cove …





As thunder rolls across the sky, Silhouette feels it in her hollow avian bones and burns some more mental energy [Strength of the Mind, -10 ISP] to cut through her exhaustion. She realizes that minutes ago as an Eagle she had been able to see far better (Nightvision 400ft), but now wind-lashed in the rain she can barely make out a pair of trees about 200ft away from the runoff stream and up an embankment. Crow-Sil considers the Howling Lands’ most famous denizens, the wolves which give them their name. They are said to be most dangerous in the night time, but this storm does not seem much different to her. She is able to descend and find a perch near in the leeward side of the trunk, using it to blunt the worst of the wind. Huddled in the storming darkness, she feels it … the stupid staff is moving. Not fast, but downstream.



Butcher's Bill:
Silhouette: -110 PPE, -9 SDC, -28 ISP, Crow-Form [84.00 Min], Psionic Seeking [25.00 Min]



What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 1 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 70 1d20 = 7

Conditions: Sustain (3 days)

Pre looks over the battle scene, Damn, a hundred orcs. What in the Abyss. Been at least a decade since I've seen one of his kind. Wonder what brought him out. Pre carefully looks around to ensure there are no more threats. Then he tries to use the tracks to see what happened to the Changeling. If no threats appear, he will check on the creature. "What did the horse say to the one legged Changeling?" He pauses for a moment, "How ya getting on." He carefully closes in, "Hey bud, you still alive?"

Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 32 / 77% (Looking for any threat)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 74 / 87% (obvious)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Doctor Ravenscroft » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:39 am

Perception: 1d100 = 91/49%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15; 1d100 = 96
Conditions: Sixth Sense.

The Doctor continues his crouch. Hmm... not what I expected. "Hmmm..

The doctor gets up from his crouch. "Things do not seem to be what they appear to be. But I think I know where they're heading" Doctor Ravenscroft says.

Ravenscroft looks around. "For expediency we can just burn the corpses, clean and efficient. Though we should look through the wreckage for any supplies." The doctor says dusting his knees off.

If the idea is acceptable, Ravenscroft helps move the corpses to a centralized point, and prepares them for cremation.

Wilderness Survival 1d100 = 18/53% Pass (To build a sufficient fire to cremate the corpses.)

If no one likes the idea, then the Doctor will go about his time and prepare to leave the area on the way to Llorn.
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft


P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35


Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger


Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Magpie » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 50
Conditions: Sustain (9 days: 2 hours of sleep, no food or drink needed)

Intelligence: 1d100 = 34 / 48% (Trying to recall anything she might know about Ironhold...is it in the Eastern Territories? Does she find any useful clues as they search through the wreckage?)
Lore: Culture & Customs: Eastern Territories: 1d100 = 18 / 45% (Is slavery common in the Eastern Territories?)
Wilderness Survival: 1d100 = 20 / 40% (to locate useful items to help the party in their travels)

“The child said Ironhold, yes?” Lady Margaret confirms with the doctor. She thinks quietly to herself for a moment, trying to recall any information about Ironhold. Is slavery a common thing in the East? “I suppose this should be reported to Llorn.” When Doctor Ravenscroft suggests looking for useful supplies and burning the bodies, Margaret pales somewhat. It’s not a task that she would prefer to do. “I suppose it would be practical,” she finally reasons.

Assuming the party goes through with the doctor’s suggestion, Margaret will look around for anything that might prove useful in their journey. She’ll also be on the lookout for any further clues that might give them more information about the attack that took place here. If there is nothing else to be done, Margaret will then assist with the dead bodies, looking quite uncomfortable in the process.
Lady Margaret Evensen
P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 25/25
S.D.C.: 9/9

Leather of Iron:
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 100
• Modifiers: Impervious to Fire [Normal fire no damage, Magic fire 1/2 damage]
User avatar
Magpie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Grace » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 20 (36%)
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 71

ISP: 164/164

Conditions
Sustain, Duration: 9 days remaining (2hrs Sleep, No Food or Drink needed)

The doctor gets up from his crouch. "Things do not seem to be what they appear to be. But I think I know where they're heading" Doctor Ravenscroft says.


Grace frowns at Ravenscroft's words. ”What do you mean things do not seem to be what they appear to be?” Grace stands up and stretches. ”Where are they headed?” Seeing the practicality of looking for supplies, Grace looks to see if there is anything useful. It's highly doubtful they have much, but it never hurts to look. Grace thinks to herself.

Grace has no objections to the idea of cremating the bodies. Glancing at Ramsis, Grace asks ”Do you have a shovel? If not, it's going to take hours to dig a grave.” If needed, Grace helps with arranging the bodies and steps back once the cremation process starts.
Grace Alexander

HP: 23/23
SDC: 10/10

Conditions:
Sixth Sense
User avatar
Grace
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:49 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 31d100 = 59
Perc: 68% / 1d100 = 82

Conditions: Conditions: Sixth Sense, Sustain (4-days); Metamorphosis: Animal: Crow; strength of mind; Psionic seeking

Closing her little raven eyes that moment under the dry cover felt like the relief of getting from a horse and collapsing on the ground after a grueling days ride through hard terrain. A small tug in the distance adjusts her attention and then every so gradually the certainty that it was more than moving around an abode or camp [GM Edit: incorrect], but beginning to travel again comes to her with certainty. Opening an eye slightly she peaks out at the rain pattering and wind swirling as she signs thinking,"Fine, fine. You needed to find this thief before night anyway... Think of it as a favor to finish. Right." Flapping her wings out and stepping in place almost as a stretching action she takes off into the storm again not moments after having departed it in hopes of rest as an involuntary sound erupts from her as she forces her way along toward the staff, te sound of a raven laughing in misery,"Tch-tch-skch-sck, crrrraw!"

Astronomy & Navigation -- 42% / 1d100 = 47(Determining what cardinal direction she is headed)
Area Knowledge (PF Eastern Territory) -- 37% / 1d100 = 48(Identifying any landmarks as she travels)
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Doctor Ravenscroft » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:07 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Grace wrote:”What do you mean things do not seem to be what they appear to be?” Grace stands up and stretches. ”Where are they headed?”


The doctor turns to Grace. his head tilts to the side, much like the bird the man mimics. "It was the spirit of something else, not a child, It was just taking cruel pleasure in assuming the corpses form. I think whatever killed these people wasn't the orcs, I think it is the mysterious third party." Ravenscrofts says before pausing a moment. "To the north a place called Ironhold. Not a clue what that means, but I'm sure one of you locals may be able to drum up an idea of what that means." Doctor Ravenscroft says before setting to his task of cremating a pile of dead bodies.
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft


P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35


Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger


Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:55 pm

Date: 16 May, 345
Time: 1300
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: West of Hadrian's Cove





Pre looks over the battle scene but finds no further threats, and begins nonchalantly talking to the very-dead Changeling, "What did the horse say to the one legged Changeling? … How ya getting on." He carefully closes in, "Hey bud, you still alive?" There is no response from the lanky corpse dressed in the rags of a small warrior. Based upon the corpses’ clothing size and style, the creature was probably masquerading as a teen or adolescent, because a short sword and small axe are all that lie nearby.

Ravenscroft exchanges a few questions with the spirit inhabiting the human-child before it departs, then the others generally discuss and reject Ramsis’ proposal that he would like to take the time to dig a mass grave. The Byzantian Doctor proposes disposal of the bodies via bonfire which should be relatively simple … pile them all on one of the ruined carts along with some tinder and apply a torch to create a pyre. The Doctor and Margaret begin the process of stacking bodies while Grace pragmatically examines the bodies for valuables or for travelling goods that might be salvageable. Grace is without luck as it appears that the humans here were definitely not successful driving off their attackers, and the someone (the victors, or anyone who passed ahead of you) has for the most part picked the caravan over for goods and valuables but a few things are recovered (60 gold, 2 knives of average quality, and a 40' length of rope), before the blaze is set.

Ramsis feels a wave of dizziness wash over him as he moves forward to assist, then an intense pain in his left hand until he clenches a fist. Any effort to open his grip or flex the hand is accompanied by extreme pain, and the dwarf is unable to grasp or hold anything [-4 to Strike, Parry, and Dodge while left hand is attempting to be opened or anything to be held --- [GM WARNING: FAILURE TO POST] --- Duration: Unclear]. It is unclear if the priest is the victim of a spell, curse, attack, or the aftereffects of his own prior ill-brewing.


Butcher's Bill:

Predat: --165 SDC to Armor, Helmet destroyed
Ramsis: -20 SDC, -30 PPE, Hand Issues (see above)
Doc: -33 PPE, - 8 ISP
Margaret:
Grace:




SILHOUETTE

Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 1540
Environment: Intense Thunderstorm
Location: South, and East[?] of Hadrian's Cove …





With some trepidation, Crow-Sil launches herself back into the sky to battle the wind and rain and try and make her way along the fast moving runoff stream. After 2 overflights she is unable to spy or locate anyone moving downstream, but the movement noticeably stops at a cluster of boulders the stream is flowing round on either side. After a bit of consideration Silhouette touches down on the rocks and finds … no one. The object of her focus [the staff] is stuck in the mud with a relatively large branch impeding it from being swept further down the watercourse with other detritus.



Butcher's Bill:
Silhouette: -110 PPE, -9 SDC, -28 ISP, Crow-Form [74.00 Min], Psionic Seeking [15.00 Min]



What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:11 am

Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 72
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 2
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 25

PPE: 84/84
SDC: 23/23
HP: 36/36

Conditions:
Sustain (12 PPE, 9 Day, (2hrs Sleep, No Food or Drink needed), BOM Pg 109)
Fly as the Eagle (25 P.P.E., 200 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack])

Skills -
First Aid 45% / 1d100 = 80 - wrap hand

POST -
Ramsis stumbles and lets out a scream until his hand is clenched. ” Sweet Tark! What is happening?” Gritting his teeth through the pain, he uses a piece of a dead person’s clothing as a wrap for his hand. Using his skills, he ties the rag around his fist, holding it closed, tightly. Holding his hand close to his body, Ramsis then performs Tark’s version of last rights.

Ramsis will wait patiently as the others finish up. ” Mother Tark, What have I done? Is this because you feel I ask too much of you? I swear to try to be better. You are there as my guide, not to hold my hand.” He feels a weight lifted as he packs for the road.
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Magpie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 38
Conditions: Sustain (9 days: 2 hours of sleep, no food or drink needed)

When Ramsis calls out in distress, Margaret is pulled from her thoughts regarding Ironhold. I'm not sure where it is anyway... She straightens up from her work with the bodies and watches the dwarf carefully. What has he done? she wonders to herself. If it’s the tea, might I be next? Margaret inspects her dirty hands and flexes her fingers a few times without pain or other complications. She composes herself with a couple of deep breaths and looks to Ravenscroft. “Perhaps he needs a doctor,” she says to him, hinting that he ought to give Ramsis an exam. “The pyre already has enough fuel.”
Lady Margaret Evensen
P.P.E.: 6
H.P.: 25/25
S.D.C.: 9/9

Leather of Iron:
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 100
• Modifiers: Impervious to Fire [Normal fire no damage, Magic fire 1/2 damage]
User avatar
Magpie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Grace » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:28 am

Perception: 1d100 = 81 (36%)
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 12

ISP: 164/164

Conditions
Sustain, Duration: 9 days remaining (2hrs Sleep, No Food or Drink needed)

Grace is a little disappointed, but not surprised by the lack of loot among the dead. If this Ironhold, whoever or whatever they were, were responsible for these people's deaths, they probably got all the good loot. Pity Grace thinks to herself as she grabs the gold, knives and rope, figuring they should be useful. ”Do you want one of the knives?” Grace asks the other woman, Margaret.

When Ramsis shows that he is in pain, Grace looks over a bit surprised. What in the hell is wrong with him? I bet he accidentally poisoned himself again. Idiot. Grace nods at Margaret's suggestion that the doctor look over Ramsis. ”That's a good idea. I could use my psychic diagnosis ability, but that can take awhile.” Grace thinks to herself, ”And I doubt he'd last that long, the way he's yelling.
Grace Alexander

HP: 23/23
SDC: 10/10

Conditions:
Sixth Sense
User avatar
Grace
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 13 1d20 = 6

Conditions: Sustain (3 days)

Pre shakes his head, Great, I am talking to a dead guy! Better get back and then head out again. Pre picks up the short sword and axe and looks them over. He turns, heads back to camp and hears Ramsis, What now? To Ramsis, "What is wrong this time? You need a Doctor?" Regardless of his response, "Can you ride? I would love to get back to Llorn and report in." If he hears talk of burying them, he looks to Hey Stupid who is feeding on another dead orc corpse, then back to the group, "Why? Did you know them? Were they family? If not, wolves need to eat too. Let's get back to Llorn, so we can get the warning out that may prevent more of this. Doc, you find out anything?" Pre is pushing them to get moving again, so they can finally get back to Llorn.

Appraise Goods -- 1d100 = 64 / 98% (the sword and axe)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Previous

Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest