Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Palladium Fantasy Archives

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Augur » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:05 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME: 2124.25
CLIMATE: Cool and damp
VISIBILITY: By torchlight only--20-40'
TERRAIN: Subterranean structure
LEY LINE: None

Alric's CoA: 6 melees remaining


Alric
Alric eyes the door suspiciously. He eyes the sarcophagus then unceremoniously lifts the lid of the sarcophagus. In addition to a mess of ancient bones and dust that was once likely the inhabitant's raiment, he spots an ancient-looking short sword.
Code: Select all
[b]Short Sword[/b]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23582741/weapons/short_sword.png[/img]
[size=85]• Damage: 2D4
• Modifiers: None[/size]

Removing the sword from the long-dead guy who clearly doesn't need it anymore, he looks to the door and pushes it open slowly, weapon at the ready. When he sees the edge of a moving red robe he quickly shuts the door and tears south down the narrow passage. He brings himself to a halt after only a few paces. It's a dead end.

Grim
Shouldering his bow and pulling his spear, Grim makes a wide berth around the Dybbuk and heads south after Alric. He rushes into a widening of the passage wherein he spots the open sarcophagus and coins littering the floor around it. Alric is standing on the opposite side of the sarcophagus. Grim hollers at Alric, "I'll just stick with you," and tosses the warrior his silver dagger.

Grim's hand-off:
Code: Select all
[b]Silver Plated Dagger[/b]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23582741/weapons/dagger.png[/img]
[size=85]• Damage: 1D6 (2d6 direct to HPs vs Vampires)
• Modifiers: [/size]


Grim-&-Alric.jpg
Grim-&-Alric.jpg (44.45 KiB) Viewed 13789 times


Hesiod
"Where did I end up? Where are those two?" Hesiod calls out loud. Looking around, he speaks aloud to himself again. "It that the Unicorn corpse?" It is. He recalls the man and woman in red, and suddenly no longer feels so warm and fuzzy about them. As a matter of fact, he's pretty damned certain that one of them put the whammy on him. He's now sincerely pissed as well as scared. He makes his way back to the hallway, and stand quiet to listen and see if he can hear anything. He can still hear the demon cursing to itself, but it doesn't sound like it's approaching; likely, it's still stuck in that magic mess that Alric made on the floor.

Hesiod.jpg
Hesiod.jpg (56.44 KiB) Viewed 13789 times


Predat
Pre shakes his head to clear the mental noise and sets the mirror down. He rushes around the corner, immediately engages the shambling corpse, fends off a series of clumsy, but vicious attacks, and gashes open the chest of the walking corpse until its backbone is clearly visible and it collapses like a marionette with its strings cut. the door on the other side of the zombie shuts even as his first strike is landing. He hears something heavy fall into a place on the other side of the door as if they'd barred the door.

Predat.jpg
Predat.jpg (29.82 KiB) Viewed 13789 times


What are your intentions?



GM Notes:

Hesiod, Alric, and Grim no longer feel a strong sense of friendship, peace, and trust of the powerful, handsome-looking man in the deep red cloak. They suddenly feel as though they've been deceived and manipulated.

Butcher's Bill
  • Alric: Armor is destroyed, -12 S.D.C., -10 H.P. (You still have 12 P.P.E.); silver knives deducted from inventory
  • Hesiod: Long Staff destroyed; -21 S.D.C. to Armor; -14 S.D.C.;
  • Grim: out of arrows
  • Predat: -2 S.D.C.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5335
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Alric Grimecross » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:36 pm

Perception: 1d20:
18

JIC: 1d20:
7
/ 1d100:
53


Seeing the short sword Alric frowns, Who goes to the afterlife with a weapon but no armor. Grabbing the sword and slinging it over his back, just incase he needs a spare, the wizard turned mercenary turns to see Grim following him. Simple minded, deadly, and loyal. If I were an evil overlord her would make a perfect henchman, Alric thinks to himself. Secretly glad for the company he calls out to the mute.

"Grim, I am glad you did not heed my advice. We have been duped by sorcery and paid a price in both our egos and out inventory. Come, we must proceed through that door. However, be cautious I believe of red robed charlatan is down there as well." Rubbing a hand over his mangled armor, Alric grimaces, "One strike and I may fall to my death, I must insist you go first."

Assuming Grim is agreeable Alric follows him through the door on the heels of the red robes.
Alric Grimecross, Bastard (in every sense of the word)
Weapon: Short Sword (2D4)
Armor: 55/75 SDC (AR 13)
Shield: 50/50 SDC
SDC: 11/49
HP: 9/25
PPE: 2/89 (Updated 10/01/2016)
Present Condition: Annoyed
User avatar
Alric Grimecross
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:58 am

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Harding Grim » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:36 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4:
2

JIC: 1d20:
20
1d100:
74


Grim is relived to find Alric but feels like a fool for having trusted a man that was clearly using some form of foul magic to dupe him. I think I am offended enough to kill that bastard. Still pondering murder, Grim sees Alric moving toward the door.
Alric Grimecross wrote:"Grim, I am glad you did not heed my advice. We have been duped by sorcery and paid a price in both our egos and out inventory. Come, we must proceed through that door. However, be cautious I believe of red robed charlatan is down there as well." Rubbing a hand over his mangled armor, Alric grimaces, "One strike and I may fall to my death, I must insist you go first."


I should go first anyway. Nodding and moving to the door Grim agrees with a, "Hu!" The archer will do his best to open the door, if it is barred he will hammer on it with his shoulder in an attempt to force it.
Harding Grim
 

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Hesiod » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:34 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 15:
14

JIC: 1d20:
7
| 1d100:
3


"Son of a Bitch." Hesiod exclaims as the magic washes out of his senses. Still very fearful of the Demon, he gathers a bit of his anger and trys his best to steady himself. There is no way in all of the hells that I am going back into that room with the demon. He might be stuck now, but I'm not taking any chances. Maybe there is another way around here, maybe there is something we missed that could help out. Is Grimm and Alric dead? Where are they if they aren't? What we're they waiting for? Maybe the demon is slain? All these questions run through the Druids head as he tries to come to a decision.

I should get back to Llorn, and warn the Guard. We could use an army down here. They will surely send many warriors and mages to clear this place out, now that they would know what is going on in here. Maybe there is more to discover, and I owe it to the others to do what I can to make sure they can get out alive. If there is anything I can do, he considers.

alright, let's see if there is any way I can find out what is going on in here, and not come face to face with that Demon again.

Hesiod exits the room he is in, from where he came in (to the left or (West?) based on the map provided), and moves back to the room where the unicorn was (hoping he can remember that since he was just there 20 seconds ago), and looks around, trying to remember lay of the area he is in.

Being closer to the front entrance makes me feel more at ease, or at least less un-at ease.
Last edited by Hesiod on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hesiod
 

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Predat » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:34 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 21:
20

JiC: 1d20:
4
1d100:
85


Intelligence - 1d100:
61
/ 59% (Door Placement)

Predat cleans the gore from his blade and turns to pick up his mirror. Those things are just nasty! I wonder if that other team that was sent are all dead? He has a worse thought, I wonder if those creatures I'm 'killing' used to be that team? He looks to the door. Barred it huh? Well let me see how strong this old door actually is. Predat runs to the door and throws caution to the wind, Well they did just close it. And looks like they know I'm here. He uses the kicks he was trained to use in the academy and aims the blows at where he thinks the hinges are on the other side. If he breaks through the door and they are in that room, Pre will dodge whatever attack is thrown at him.

Attack 1: Strike: 1d20+8 = 23:
15
Damage 2d6+27 = 31:
1, 3

Attack 2: Strike: 1d20+8 = 15:
7
Damage 2d6+27 = 30:
1, 2

Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+8 = 25:
17
Damage 2d6+27 = 37:
6, 4

Attack 4: Strike: 1d20+8 = 27:
19
Damage 2d6+27 = 38:
6, 5

Attack 5: Strike: 1d20+8 = 20:
12
Damage 2d6+27 = 39:
6, 6

Attack 6: Strike: 1d20+8 = 25:
17
Damage 2d6+27 = 37:
5, 5

Attack 7: Strike: 1d20+8 = 28:
20
Damage 2d6+27 = 34:
5, 2
Crit Damage: 68!
Attack 8: Strike: 1d20+8 = 20:
12
Damage 2d6+27 = 29:
1, 1


Dodges as needed: 1d20+8 = 20:
12
1d20+8 = 12:
4
1d20+8 = 26:
18
1d20+8 = 27:
19
1d20+8 = 20:
12
1d20+8 = 26:
18
1d20+8 = 13:
5
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Augur » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:06 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME: 2124.5
CLIMATE: Cool and damp
VISIBILITY: By torchlight only--20-40'
TERRAIN: Subterranean structure
LEY LINE: None

Alric's CoA: 5 melees remaining


Alric
"Grim, I am glad you did not heed my advice. We have been duped by sorcery and paid a price in both our egos and out inventory. Come, we must proceed through that door. However, be cautious I believe of red robed charlatan is down there as well." Rubbing a hand over his mangled armor, Alric grimaces, "One strike and I may fall to my death, I must insist you go first." Alric follows him through the door on the heels of the red robes.

Grim
Grim is relived to find Alric but feels like a fool for having trusted a man that was clearly using some form of foul magic to dupe him. I think I am offended enough to kill that bastard. Still pondering murder, Grim sees Alric moving toward the door. Nodding and moving to the door Grim agrees with a, "Hu!" The archer will do his best to open the door, if it is barred he will hammer on it with his shoulder in an attempt to force it.

By some stroke of luck (Nat20 JIC), Grim cracks the door open with his first shouldering against its planks. Grim is rather focused on the pair of people in the room, but Alric takes it all in. There's the female cultist and man in red from minutes ago in the Dyybuk's chamber, there's another damned sarcophagus that looks to have been long since opened and likely looted, and just inside the room a circle of runes on the ground glow with an eerie blue light. Alric notes that the entire room seems to have just developed a faint blue tinge.
Alric-&-Grim.jpg
Alric-&-Grim.jpg (81.56 KiB) Viewed 13729 times


Hesiod
"Son of a bitch." Hesiod exclaims as the magic washes out of his senses. Hesiod exits from the room through the west door, returning to the room where the unicorn still rests dead on the slab table. He looks around to try and get his bearings. Something nagging at his senses tells him that the double doors he passed on his right (he's facing south) lead to the room from which they rescued Elon.
Hesiod.jpg


Predat
It's a very sturdy and solid, oaken door with iron bindings and hinges, but with his second to last kick, he's able to kick the door open with a heavy snap. The red robed and knife-wielding man and woman in the room beyond stare at Predat in open horror. In a flash, Predat takes in the entire chamber (perfect perception) behind them. This was once clearly the resting place of a great person. The room is lit by two large floor braziers. The raised stone structure at the center of the room holds within it a sarcophagus, there are twin statues that face across the room at each other--each the very worn and mold-covered representation of some sort of winged humanoid figure, and there is another door across the room to the northwest. The man and woman hold each other's hands in mutual emotional support. They are but two long strides distant.
Predat.jpg
Predat.jpg (91.48 KiB) Viewed 13729 times


What are your intentions?



GM Notes:

Hesiod, Alric, and Grim no longer feel a strong sense of friendship, peace, and trust of the powerful, handsome-looking man in the deep red cloak. They suddenly feel as though they've been deceived and manipulated.

Butcher's Bill
  • Alric: Armor is destroyed, -12 S.D.C., -10 H.P. (You still have 12 P.P.E.); silver knives deducted from inventory
  • Hesiod: Long Staff destroyed; -21 S.D.C. to Armor; -14 S.D.C.;
  • Grim: out of arrows
  • Predat: -2 S.D.C.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5335
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Alric Grimecross » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:26 pm

Perception: 1d20:
13

JIC: 1d20:
15
/ 1d100:
79


Taking in the room at a glance Alric acts quickly to try and give Grim, and himself, a chance. "Grim, take her down quickly!", using the nearly the very last of his mystical reserves he invokes bright light in the eyes of the red robed man across the room (Blinding Flash, -1 PPE, 1 measly PPE left). Barging his way into the room Alric takes a quick moment to examine the magical circle before diving behind the sarcophagus for cover.

APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20:
20
(natural 20!)
One: Blinding Flash at the "man in red"
This spell creates a sudden burst of intense white light, temporarily blinding everyone in its ten foot (3 m) radius. Victims are blinded for one to four melee rounds, and suffer from a penalty of -5 to strike and -9 to parry and dodge. The chance of stumbling and falling is 1-50% per every 10 feet (3 m) of movement. Those who successfully save versus magic are not blinded, but lose initiative.

Two: Quickly check out magic circle
Lore: Magic - Recognize magic wards, runes and circles -- 1d100:
79
/40% to see what the circle is for.

Three-Five: Dodge & Dive for cover.

Contingency: If the Circle is for Protection, Alric will jump inside of it instead of behind the sarcophagus, if it is to constrain he will attempt to push the woman into it.

Dodge (assumes superhuman speed still in effect): 1d20+9 = 29:
20
(natural 20) 1d20+9 = 11:
2
1d20+9 = 18:
9
1d20+9 = 26:
17
1d20+9 = 25:
16

Strike: To push woman into circle if required, 1d20+2 = 9:
7
Alric Grimecross, Bastard (in every sense of the word)
Weapon: Short Sword (2D4)
Armor: 55/75 SDC (AR 13)
Shield: 50/50 SDC
SDC: 11/49
HP: 9/25
PPE: 2/89 (Updated 10/01/2016)
Present Condition: Annoyed
User avatar
Alric Grimecross
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:58 am

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Hesiod » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:47 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 16:
15

JIC: 1d20:
11
| 1d100:
79


Stopping to listen for anything more, the Demon maybe, the others, Hesiod looks again at his surroundings. So, that Warlock was tied up in that room over there. He looks to the double doors on his right. I think we came through this hallway, he looks now to the south and walks back to the beginning. Why didn't they run? What where they thinking? I'm either the only smart one out of Alric and Grimm, or I left them when they needed me most. What where they thinking? Hesiod's mind racing trying to put some coherent thought together, trying to think of where he went wrong. Should I have even stayed in Llorn and not been such a fool to follow this path? So many people have faltered so far; rangers, Assassins, that weird little Gnome mage, Large dread-locked whatever that guy was, a juggling kid, a Dwarf. Maybe they were all right not to get involved in this mission, this quest. What am I doing?

"I'm not going back in there," he whispers under his breath and heads south out of the series of rooms he in currently in.
Hesiod
 

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Harding Grim » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:07 pm

Perception: 1d20:
18

JIC: 1d20:
20
1d100:
63


Alric Grimecross wrote:"Grim, take her down quickly!",


I assume he means the women in front of that weird circle. May as well get this over with. Grim yells out to the women as he throws dagger after dagger, aimed at her head, "HO BITCH!! CATCH!"

APM: 6
Int: 1d20:
17

Action 1-3: Called aimed shot with throwing dagger at the women's head. Strike 1d20+11 = 19:
8
Damage 1d6:
3

Action 4-6: Called aimed shot with throwing dagger at the women's head. Strike 1d20+11 = 26:
15
Damage 1d6:
1
Harding Grim
 

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Predat » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:21 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 20:
19

JiC: 1d20:
13
1d100:
15


Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100:
62
/ 80%
Interrogation Techniques - 1d100:
71
/ 50%

Hmmm, not exactly what I expected. Pre takes the two strides towards the pair while saying, "I am a Llornian Ranger, lay down your weapons or make peace with your gods!" If they don't immediately comply he will strike the male with his fist. If they do comply, or after he strikes the male, he asks a couple of questions, "Who else is down here in this disgusting pit? What are you fools doing here?" If they put up a fight he will continue striking the male until they comply. He will say between strikes, "Surrender fools, I just want information!" Predat is not particularly trying to kill him with his strikes, but at the same time this place is wearing on him, so he is not being gentle either.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 16:
13

APM: 8

Attack 1: Step forward and speak.
Attack 2: Strike: 1d20+8 = 23:
15
Damage 2d4+27 = 32:
3, 2

Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+8 = 10:
2
Damage 2d4+27 = 32:
4, 1

Attack 4: Strike: 1d20+8 = 23:
15
Damage 2d4+27 = 31:
3, 1

Attack 5: Strike: 1d20+8 = 16:
8
Damage 2d4+27 = 35:
4, 4

Attack 6: Strike: 1d20+8 = 15:
7
Damage 2d4+27 = 34:
4, 3

Attack 7: Strike: 1d20+8 = 21:
13
Damage 2d4+27 = 33:
4, 2

Attack 8: Strike: 1d20+8 = 27:
19
Damage 2d4+27 = 32:
3, 2


Parries as needed: 1d20+8 = 28:
20
1d20+8 = 16:
8
1d20+8 = 15:
7
1d20+8 = 20:
12
1d20+8 = 25:
17
1d20+8 = 28:
20
1d20+8 = 27:
19
1d20+8 = 14:
6

Dodges as needed: 1d20+8 = 10:
2
1d20+8 = 17:
9
1d20+8 = 24:
16
1d20+8 = 17:
9
1d20+8 = 9:
1
1d20+8 = 23:
15
1d20+8 = 15:
7
1d20+8 = 27:
19
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Augur » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:37 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME: 2124.75
CLIMATE: Cool and damp
VISIBILITY: By torchlight only--20-40'
TERRAIN: Subterranean structure
LEY LINE: None

Alric's CoA: 4 melees remaining


Alric
"Grim, take her down quickly!" Alric shouts to Grim then invokes a spell of brilliance in front of the eyes of the red robed man across the room. Shielding his own eyes momentarily, he stands dumbfounded for a moment as his brain tries to take in everything all at once and make sense of it. The fact that the circle is glowing means that it has been activated. The fact that the entire room is starting to glow, seemingly separately, but somehow because of the circle's activation is confusing to Alric, but his gut tells him it's not going to be something pleasant.

Grim grabs for one of his daggers to bury it in her throat safely, and from a distance as is his style, but the woman is already upon him before he can do more than slip it from its sheath. She buries her own dagger in his shoulder and searing pain shoots through his bracing arm. But the woman isn't trying to push him out of the chamber, she's trying to drag him into it. Trap! Grim's mind screams. Without a second's thought for himself, Grim grasps the woman's shoulders, jumps up, kicks Alric flat in the chest with a double-footed shove, and thus launches the woman and himself into the room. Alric flies back a few feet and, entirely surprised by the archer's sudden action, falls flat on his arse in the passageway outside the chamber. There is a sudden flash and a raging inferno of silver fire erupts in the room while Grim and the woman in red are struggling. A hot blast of wind from the room blows across Alric's face as the door slams shut.

Alric.jpg
Alric.jpg (45.48 KiB) Viewed 13691 times


Hesiod
Hesiod recognizes some of his surroundings from earlier and heads out the open south door. Standing on the other side of the open door, Hesiod once again feels as though this hallway is familiar. He distinctly remembers coming into this hallway from the doors to the west. What he doesn't remember is the missing section of wall that he notices to the east.

Hesiod.jpg


Predat
Predat growls at the pair. "I am a Llornian Ranger, lay down your weapons or make peace with your gods! Who else is down here in this disgusting pit? What are you fools doing here?" The two drop their weapons looking at their hands as if they didn't even realize they were holding them. They say nothing, however. They just kind of stand there, holding hands, looking for all the world as if they expect to die at any moment and not knowing what to say or how really to face this seemingly inevitable fate.

(No map change from last GM post.)

What are your intentions?



GM Notes:

Butcher's Bill
  • Alric: Armor is destroyed, -12 S.D.C., -10 H.P. (You still have 12 P.P.E.); silver knives deducted from inventory
  • Hesiod: Long Staff destroyed; -21 S.D.C. to Armor; -14 S.D.C.;
  • Grim: out of arrows
  • Predat: -2 S.D.C.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5335
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Predat » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:30 pm

Perception: Invalid dice code!
JiC: Invalid dice code! Invalid dice code!

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: Invalid dice code! / 80%
Interrogation Techniques - Invalid dice code! / 50%

Augur wrote: The two drop their weapons looking at their hands as if they didn't even realize they were holding them. They say nothing, however. They just kind of stand there, holding hands, looking for all the world as if they expect to die at any moment and not knowing what to say or how really to face this seemingly inevitable fate.


Predat snaps his fingers at the two, "Hey, wake up! I was sent down here to get some information. If you two want to have a life beyond the next ten minutes you need to start talking right now." The knife is in his hand. "I don't have a huge problem with torture to find out what I need to, so start talking." Come on children, speak up!! What is with the lovie couple down here in the disgusting crypt. He steps forward, "Do you want me to start with taking a finger?"
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Hesiod » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:31 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 12:
11

JiC: 1d20:
7
| 1d100:
75


Hesiod looks around as he leaves the prior hallway, and then he looks around carefully again. No signs of anyone or anything. That seems odd. There is a beast that I ran from. There aren't any cultists chasing me. The beast isn't chasing me. Nothing seems to be happening at all. No sounds, no noise. This is eerie, very odd indeed, Hesiod thinks as some amount of his wits come back to him.

Looking East, "That seems strange." he says out loud. "I don't remember a missing section of wall." He takes a few steps in that direction. "This hallway was all blocked or locked," he hesitates, scratching his beard, "if I remember correctly." If the cultists are dead, or if they have abandoned the Temple, maybe it is safe to look around, he considers the idea, in a way that would be thought of as more trying to convince himself that is an acceptable course of action, and not in anyway a measure of confidence.

He stops in his tracks realizing his hands are empty. His right hand reaches for his Staff.., Shit. he thinks, as he remembers its fate and that of the Silver tipped spear. "Everything is coming up rotten boils and puss today", he mutters to himself. He takes a second to grab the Short Bow from across his back, and then a regular arrow from his quiver with his other hand, ready for their use. "Alright, Earth..., Rock... and Air," he tries to piece together a small blessing for himself to calm his nerves. Continuing, "Keep me alive and I will do your bidding for longer than this day or this night, whatever it may be."

Hesiod moves to the missing section of wall, and peers around the corner.
Hesiod
 

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Alric Grimecross » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:07 am

Perception: 1d20:
18

JIC: 1d20:
20
/ 1d100:
95


"Grim!" Alric shouts as fire erupts behind the closed door. Grabbing some rags form the nearby corpse Alric wraps his hands before grabbing hold of the door and trying to push it open. He bursts into the room with abandon looking for Grim an attempting to pull the longbow man to safety, If everyone is dead, and conditions allow, Alric will re-enter the room and check the corpses, and cut of their heads, to ensure they are not going to come back to life. Unfortunately, he can't bring himself to do the same for Grim. Instead he lays the remains of the longbow man in the nearby sarcophagus and puts the cover back on. "Silent in death, as in life," Alric mutters as a final epitaph before trying to figure out the next steps.

Sighing heavily Alric searches through the burned out room for any evidence that might stop the madness, trying to avoid the incoming survivors guilt.

Intelligence 1d100:
34
/57%, to determine any clues from the bodies related to their affiliations or practices.
Lore: Magic 1d100:
8
/50%, to recognize any signs or circles that might remain.

I told him to follow Hesiod, it should be me in that box not him. Sadness and anger well up inside the half-wizard. He didn't know Grim, or even care that much for him, but to stand once again helpless in the face of supernatural evil is frustrating. Harkening back to his apprenticeship in the Western Empire, Alric recalls seeing his own master torn asunder by a creature like a Dubbyk while his younger self stood by useless. And now to face it all again is nearly unbearable.

Steeling himself Alric points his fear, frustration, and inadequacy toward the task at hand and sets through any door in the burned room.

"We must end this."
Alric Grimecross, Bastard (in every sense of the word)
Weapon: Short Sword (2D4)
Armor: 55/75 SDC (AR 13)
Shield: 50/50 SDC
SDC: 11/49
HP: 9/25
PPE: 2/89 (Updated 10/01/2016)
Present Condition: Annoyed
User avatar
Alric Grimecross
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:58 am

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Augur » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:51 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME: 2125
CLIMATE: Cool and damp
VISIBILITY: By torchlight only--20-40'
TERRAIN: Subterranean structure
LEY LINE: None

Alric's CoA: 3 melees remaining


Alric
Cautiously re-entering the chamber, Grim immediately notices that there are only two bodies: Grim's and the woman's; the man in red is nowhere to be seen. The bodies are heavily burned, and all their possessions burned along with them though Alric can still recognize Grim from his stature and from those charred items which were held. Looking over the circle on the floor, he sees that its magic has been spent, but that it was a powerful spell-trap. The earth within the circle is still cool to the touch and unblemished by fire. All else in the room is hot and has been burned. Alric grabs Grim's steaming carcass and hauls it into the empty sarcophagus in the room and closes the lid. He then quickly beheads the woman with his sword as he could gather no information about her from her charred corpse. There does not appear to be another door in the chamber.

Available among the ruins of Grim's body is the following:
Code: Select all
43 gold pieces

[b]Dagger[/b]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23582741/weapons/dagger.png[/img]
[size=85]• Damage: 1D6
• Modifiers: [/size]


Alric.jpg
Alric.jpg (64.54 KiB) Viewed 13611 times



Hesiod
Hesiod steels his will, arms himself with what he has at hand, and peers around the corner into the secret passageway and beyond. The distant howl of the night's wind at the surface penetrates the ruin of the ancient temple, and works on Hesiod's nerves even as other, inscrutable sounds work to wreck his ability to think clearly, rationally...sanely. What he sees is an abbreviated passage of rough hewn stone that is lit beyond by a wall sconce just barely discernible from his angle. In the chamber beyond, near the position of the wall sconce but on the floor is a small chest. In the center of the room is a low fire upon which is burning a corpse which has a fist-sized hole in its chest. Behind him and to the northeast, he can vaguely discern the sounds of an angry voice and a quieter reply, neither of whom he can clearly understand.

Hesiod.jpg


Predat
Predat's two captives snap as he starts waving around the dagger and making threats. They bolt for the opposite door.

(I don't know WTF happened to your post, but all the die rolls are invalid.)
Predat.jpg
Predat.jpg (66.17 KiB) Viewed 13606 times


What are your intentions?



GM Notes:

Butcher's Bill
  • Alric: Armor is destroyed, -12 S.D.C., -10 H.P. (You still have 12 P.P.E.); silver knives deducted from inventory
  • Hesiod: Long Staff destroyed; -21 S.D.C. to Armor; -14 S.D.C.;
  • Grim: Dead
  • Predat: -2 S.D.C.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5335
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Alric Grimecross » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:05 am

Perception: 1d20:
20
(Nat20!)
JIC: 1d20:
12
/ 1d100:
71


Augur wrote:Cautiously re-entering the chamber, Alric immediately notices that there are only two bodies...There does not appear to be another door in the chamber.


Truly alone, Alric thinks despondently, and failed again.

After dealing with Grim Alric has a choice to make. Scoot back through the demon chamber or find out where the man in red vanished to. Perhaps it was a magical teleport, or a secret passage way. Going to the man's last known location in the far corner of the room, Alric feels up and down the walls in every direction for a switch or groove that might indicate a secret passage way. He tries pulling on any sconce or torch on the walls and pushing in on all the bricks (OOC: Natural 20 on perception). If that doesn't work he looks in the remaining coffin in the room for a hidden stairwell or other exit.

If he fails to find a secret passage he runs as fast as he super human speed will carry him back though the demon room, to the left, down the narrow hallway to the unicorn room and back toward the entrance.
Alric Grimecross, Bastard (in every sense of the word)
Weapon: Short Sword (2D4)
Armor: 55/75 SDC (AR 13)
Shield: 50/50 SDC
SDC: 11/49
HP: 9/25
PPE: 2/89 (Updated 10/01/2016)
Present Condition: Annoyed
User avatar
Alric Grimecross
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:58 am

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Hesiod » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:52 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 15:
14

JIC: 1d20:
14
| 1d100:
82


Hesiod steels his will, arms himself with what he has at hand, and peers around the corner into the secret passageway and beyond.


Looking into the room, Hesiod almost yells out an expletive, but ends up holding it in at the last moment. What the hell happened here. Taking a deep breath and freezing he watches the corpse burn and tries to figure out if it, or anything else in the room is moving or stalking. I'm not sure if a burning corpse is a good thing or not right now. Who is killing corpses? Or maybe what is killing corpses, or what is making people into corpses? He begins to feel fearful again thinking about it. I should just run. Going against his better judgement, he takes one quiet step and looks into the room.
Prowl 35% 1d100:
54


Behind him and to the northeast, he can vaguely discern the sounds of an angry voice and a quieter reply, neither of whom he can clearly understand.


Almost jumping at the sounds, Hesiod freezes again. Could it be Grimm and Alric? Do they need my help? It could be more cultists. I owe it to them, if they need help. As long as there aren't any Demons around. What are the odds of that.
Hesiod moves back to the hallway, goes to the door without opening it and listens for the voices to best determine who they are.
Hesiod
 

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Predat » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 8:
5

JiC: 1d20:
19
1d100:
59


Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100:
57
/ 80%

Predat sighs, "Seriously you drop your weapons and run. I should be offended." Pre runs after the pair and tries to kick the male in the back twice and then he tries to wrestle with the female. He just tries to pin her and get her to talk. I just want to talk you idiots. While he is wrestling with her he says, "Just tell me . . . what you . . . are . . . doing . . . here?"

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 6:
3

APM: 8

Attack 1: Speak and chase.
Attack 2: Strike: 1d20+8 = 21:
13
Damage 2d4+27 = 32:
4, 1

Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+8 = 18:
10
Damage 2d4+27 = 33:
4, 2

Attack 4: Strike: 1d20+8 = 12:
4

Attack 5: Strike: 1d20+8 = 10:
2

Attack 6: Strike: 1d20+8 = 25:
17

Attack 7: Strike: 1d20+8 = 17:
9

Attack 8: Strike: 1d20+8 = 13:
5


Parries as needed: 1d20+8 = 23:
15
1d20+8 = 13:
5
1d20+8 = 26:
18
1d20+8 = 22:
14
1d20+8 = 15:
7
1d20+8 = 10:
2
1d20+8 = 26:
18
1d20+8 = 18:
10

Dodges as needed: 1d20+8 = 23:
15
1d20+8 = 11:
3
1d20+8 = 9:
1
1d20+8 = 27:
19
1d20+8 = 20:
12
1d20+8 = 25:
17
1d20+8 = 24:
16
1d20+8 = 22:
14
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Augur » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:16 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME: 2125.25
CLIMATE: Cool and damp
VISIBILITY: By torchlight only--20-40'
TERRAIN: Subterranean structure
LEY LINE: None

Alric's CoA: 2 melees remaining


Alric
Alric hears something to the north...it sounds like voices. His keen ear follows the sounds to a small hole the size of a finger's diameter. He traces the cracks that trace out from the hole and discerns the outline of a door. He slips a finger in the hole, feels a recess within the hole, and a small lever within. He flips the lever and the door quickly and quietly opens with a single whoosh, and sees a slice of the chamber beyond.

Alric.jpg
Alric.jpg (45.24 KiB) Viewed 13575 times


Hesiod
Hesiod moves silently in and back out of the chamber when the noises catch his ear. He slinks to the door and listens closely to those on the other side. He still cannot discern their words, but the tone is somewhat alarmed, and definitely aggressive. One voice--it's the voice of the man in red, he's certain!--is clearly dominant, the other voice is subordinate, but deep, and no less menacing.

Hesiod.jpg
Hesiod.jpg (69.52 KiB) Viewed 13575 times


Predat
Predat dashes after the pair and kicks a hole through the man's back. He then lunges for the woman but she eludes his grasp and darts through the doors. Predat yanks free his boot from the man's rib cage and organs, and considers his options even as he regards the gore upon his person.

Predat.jpg
Predat.jpg (49 KiB) Viewed 13575 times


What are your intentions?


GM Notes:

Butcher's Bill
  • Alric: Armor is destroyed, -12 S.D.C., -10 H.P. (You still have 12 P.P.E.); silver knives deducted from inventory
  • Hesiod: Long Staff destroyed; -21 S.D.C. to Armor; -14 S.D.C.;
  • Grim: Dead
  • Predat: -2 S.D.C.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5335
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Hesiod » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:38 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 16:
13

JIC: 1d20:
17
| 1d100:
7


Hearing what he believes to be the voice of the man in red, Hesiod gets angry. As his pulse quickens and he thinks of revenge on that man in red, he remembers that additional vial he was given at the herbalist's shop. Caution to the wind, I say. If I'm going down, I'm taking that guy with me. He makes up his mind quickly.

Hesiod reaches into his pack and removes the vial of unknown liquid and drinks it.
He casts Chameleon on himself in hopes that it will aid him in his surprise attack. 4 minutes per level of experience, 16 minutes. - 6 P.P.E.
90% undetectable if unmoving
70% undetectable if moving 2 feet per melee round or slower
20% undetectable if moving 6 ft per melee round
Totally ineffective if moving any faster.

He holds his short bow firmly in hand and with his silver tipped arrows plans to quickly open the door and start firing immediately when he sees anything moving, the man in red especially.

Hesiod opens the door with haste, but trying to do it without too much noise and begins firing without confirming anything he heard.
Prowl? 35% 1d100:
100


Initiative: 1d20:
8

APM: 5
Rate of Fire w/ Short Bow: 4 & silver tipped arrows

Attack 1: Hesiod reaches into his pack and removes the vial of unknown liquid.
Attack 2: Hesiod drinks the vial of unknown liquid.
Attack 3: Hesiod opens the door with haste.
Attack 4: Strike: 1d20+6 = 15:
9
. Damage 1d6:
3
.
Attack 5: If for some reason Hesiod gets the 5th action, he will use it to kick anyone who comes close to him. Strike: 1d20+6 = 21:
15
. Damage 2d4:
2, 1
.

Will attempt to roll with punch if attacked at melee: 1d20+4 = 9:
5
, 1d20+4 = 23:
19
, 1d20+4 = 14:
10
, 1d20+4 = 22:
18

parry if needed: 1d20+6 = 20:
14
, 1d20+6 = 24:
18
, 1d20+6 = 7:
1
, 1d20+6 = 10:
4
, 1d20+6 = 11:
5
, 1d20+6 = 23:
17
Hesiod
 

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Predat » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:07 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 10:
7

JiC: 1d20:
5
1d100:
52


Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100:
82
/ 80%

Predat sighs again, "Seriously woman, you are going to tell me what I need to know." He wipes his foot on the floor. What the hell is going on here? He moves after her and just tries to trip her up with his legs. While he is trying to trip her he again says, "Just tell me . . . what you . . . are . . . doing . . . here?" If he goes down he will just try to keep her down.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 11:
8

APM: 8

Attack 1: Speak and chase.
Attack 2: Strike: 1d20+8 = 21:
13
Pull Punch if needed 1d20+3 = 21:
18

Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+8 = 19:
11
Pull Punch if needed 1d20+3 = 22:
19

Attack 4: Strike: 1d20+8 = 14:
6
Pull Punch if needed 1d20+3 = 18:
15

Attack 5: Strike: 1d20+8 = 12:
4
Pull Punch if needed 1d20+3 = 9:
6

Attack 6: Strike: 1d20+8 = 15:
7
Pull Punch if needed 1d20+3 = 15:
12

Attack 7: Strike: 1d20+8 = 25:
17
Pull Punch if needed 1d20+3 = 21:
18

Attack 8: Strike: 1d20+8 = 14:
6
Pull Punch if needed 1d20+3 = 10:
7


Parries as needed: 1d20+8 = 17:
9
1d20+8 = 14:
6
1d20+8 = 10:
2
1d20+8 = 15:
7
1d20+8 = 21:
13
1d20+8 = 12:
4
1d20+8 = 16:
8
1d20+8 = 10:
2

Dodges as needed: 1d20+8 = 9:
1
1d20+8 = 27:
19
1d20+8 = 9:
1
1d20+8 = 9:
1
1d20+8 = 27:
19
1d20+8 = 11:
3
1d20+8 = 25:
17
1d20+8 = 22:
14
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Alric Grimecross » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:02 am

Perception: 1d20:
16

JIC: 1d20:
18
/ 1d100:
8


Knowing he stand little chance in face of the red mage Alric steels his nerves and draws his sword. Little can be done now except bravely face his fate. Creeping slowly toward the voices the battered mercenary surveys his surroundings for any advantage, weapons, armour, or some other environmental factor to give him a leg up in an impending battle (Detect Ambush, to find a tactical advantage 1d100:
70
/ 55%. Moving slowly with his sword and shield at the ready, Alric hugs the wall taking his time to peer around and corners before charging headlong into a mess.

If this is to be my tomb, I will see the death blow coming.
Alric Grimecross, Bastard (in every sense of the word)
Weapon: Short Sword (2D4)
Armor: 55/75 SDC (AR 13)
Shield: 50/50 SDC
SDC: 11/49
HP: 9/25
PPE: 2/89 (Updated 10/01/2016)
Present Condition: Annoyed
User avatar
Alric Grimecross
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:58 am

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Augur » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:06 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME: 2125.5
CLIMATE: Cool and damp
VISIBILITY: By torchlight only--20-40'
TERRAIN: Subterranean structure
LEY LINE: None

Alric's CoA: 2 melees remaining


Alric & Hesiod
Alric and Hesiod both hear one of the hushed, angry voices suddenly escalate in volume. "Forget your experiments and playthings, Ghazal! Interlopers have sneaked inside the temple and are wreaking havoc! I'm pretty sure your brothers are dead, our followers have likely met a similar fate, and when I escaped these cretins, the Dybbuk was incapacitated and under attack. Doubtless he will slaughter all of them when he escapes, but if we don't salvage this, he will likely add our bones to the sacrifice to the Old Ones!"

Alric steels his nerves and draws his sword. He hugs the wall and peers cautiously as he advances. He creeps toward the voices surveying his surroundings for any advantage. As he ingresses the chamber he finds that his greatest advantage is one of surprise. He can discern the somehow inhuman face of the man to whom his quarry is speaking, but the man in red who he has followed has his back to him, and hasn't seemed to notice his presence.

Just outside the chamber in which he's heard this loud exhortation to action, Hesiod reaches into his pack and removes the vial of unknown liquid. The milky white liquid inside sloshes around as he fumbles off the stopper. He's about to simply quaff the potion when his eye catches movement from the vial. The "potion" was not liquid anymore. A wispy white gas quickly erupts from the vial. Hesiod opens the door with haste and castes the unknown and potentially dangerous vial inside the chamber. The gas expands at an amazing rate from the vial. Within a scant few seconds the hazy mist has filled a great deal of the chamber. He quickly casts a Chameleon spell on himself, causing his appearance to suddenly mimic that of the shading and colors of the space around him, and then steps into the chamber. The spell he just cast on himself immediately blinks out as if he'd taxed it to its limit. He quickly lets off an arrow into the side of the man in red who's practically standing in front of him. The arrow seems to glance off of the soft leather armor beneath his robes, so Hesiod knows he hasn't hurt the man, but the faces of both men appear to be aghast as though terribly surprised beyond his sudden appearance.

Alric and Hesiod suddenly spy each other from the corners of their eyes.

Alric&Hesiod.jpg
Alric&Hesiod.jpg (82.79 KiB) Viewed 13499 times


Predat
Predat sighs, "Seriously woman, you are going to tell me what I need to know." He wipes his foot on the floor and sprints after her as she barges through another set of doors. He has to catch up to trip her if he wishes to keep her still long enough to get some answers. He finally brings her down with by hooking an ankle out from under her, and she stumbles into what smells (and rather resembles) sewage water pouring from a nearby pipe. She is submitting to none of his queries or assaults, and responds with wild kicks and scrambles clearly intending on escape and not intending to harm. Her behavior is very much like what Predat has seen of the way rabbits behave when half in the clutches of a wild dog. He persists, "Just tell me...what you...are...doing...here." Her response is a sodden scream of fear and rage. "Kill him!" Predat looks up to see another shambling corpse rushing his way, ankle deep in filthy water.

Predat.jpg


What are your intentions?

GM Notes:
Just to be clear, pulling a punch is a matter of intent, not need. If it's posted, I'll assume intent. And remember, failing to pull a punch results in full damage.

Butcher's Bill
  • Alric: Armor is destroyed, -12 S.D.C., -10 H.P. (You still have 12 P.P.E.); silver knives deducted from inventory
  • Hesiod: Long Staff destroyed; -21 S.D.C. to Armor; -14 S.D.C.;
  • Grim: Dead
  • Predat: -2 S.D.C.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5335
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Alric Grimecross » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:15 am

Perception: 1d20:
17

JIC: 1d20:
2
1d100:
31


So, the true evil is revealed, Alric muses as he tries to make sense of the conversation between the red man and the newcomer.

When white smoke fills the room Alric uses the opportunity to strike. Rushing from his hiding place he grabs hold of the man in red and attempts to slice the man's throat with his short sword. Even if I fail his body will shield me from the other one.

Initiative: 1d20:
2

APM: 5
One: Move from shadows and grab red man
Strike: 1d20+2 = 8:
6


Two: Slit his throat with short sword
Strike: 1d20+4 = 21:
17

Damage: 2d4:
4, 2


Three to Five are contingent.

If man dies:
Three: Shove his body toward the other guy then charge with sword.

Four: Sword strike
Strike: 1d20+4 = 16:
12

Damage: 2d4:
1, 1


Five: Sword strike
Strike: 1d20+4 = 22:
18

Damage: 2d4:
2, 3


If man doesn't die: stab until he does.

Three: Strike: 1d20+4 = 6:
2

Damage: 2d4:
2, 2


Four: Strike: 1d20+4 = 11:
7

Damage: 2d4:
3, 2


Five: Strike: 1d20+4 = 18:
14

Damage: 2d4:
3, 4


Parry as needed: 1d20+5 = 25:
20
(natural 20) 1d20+5 = 8:
3
1d20+5 = 9:
4
1d20+5 = 13:
8


Dodge as needed: 1d20+3 = 23:
20
(natural 20) 1d20+3 = 13:
10
1d20+3 = 17:
14
1d20+3 = 11:
8
1d20+3 = 16:
13
Alric Grimecross, Bastard (in every sense of the word)
Weapon: Short Sword (2D4)
Armor: 55/75 SDC (AR 13)
Shield: 50/50 SDC
SDC: 11/49
HP: 9/25
PPE: 2/89 (Updated 10/01/2016)
Present Condition: Annoyed
User avatar
Alric Grimecross
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:58 am

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Predat » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:19 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 12:
9

JiC: 1d20:
10
1d100:
68


Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100:
77
/ 80%
Interrogation Techniques - 1d100:
18
/ 50%

Predat just shakes his head as he sees another walking corpse. Is it time to just kill her or give it a few more moments? A few more it is. As it approaches, he grabs her head and shoves it under the disgusting water until the creature is within 10' of him. At that point, he lets go of her and attacks the creature, talking to her while doing so. With venom in his voice, "What is going on here woman?!"

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 20:
17

APM: 8

Attack 1: Grab her head and shoves it under the water. Strike: 1d20+8 = 20:
12

Attack 2: Holding head under water or releasing it and drawing his blade. Strike: 1d20+8 = 14:
6

Attack 3: Holding head under water or releasing it and drawing his blade or striking the corpse. Holding head - Strike: 1d20+8 = 9:
1

Knife - Strike: 1d20+10 = 28:
18
Damage 4d6+27 = 46:
4, 4, 5, 6

Attack 4: Holding head under water or releasing it and drawing his blade or striking the corpse. Holding head - Strike: 1d20+8 = 13:
5

Knife - Strike: 1d20+10 = 11:
1
Damage 4d6+27 = 39:
1, 3, 2, 6

Attack 5: Releasing her head and drawing his blade or striking the corpse. Knife - Strike: 1d20+10 = 22:
12
Damage 4d6+27 = 35:
1, 1, 3, 3

Attack 6: Knife - Strike: 1d20+10 = 14:
4
Damage 4d6+27 = 42:
2, 6, 1, 6

Attack 7: Knife - Strike: 1d20+10 = 11:
1
Damage 4d6+27 = 44:
3, 6, 2, 6

Attack 8: Knife - Strike: 1d20+10 = 29:
19
CRIT Damage 4d6+27 = 46:
4, 6, 6, 3
92!

Parries as needed: 1d20+8 = 24:
16
1d20+8 = 22:
14
1d20+10 = 20:
10
1d20+10 = 12:
2
1d20+10 = 11:
1
1d20+10 = 27:
17
1d20+10 = 12:
2
1d20+10 = 25:
15

Dodges as needed: 1d20+8 = 18:
10
1d20+8 = 23:
15
1d20+8 = 26:
18
1d20+8 = 22:
14
1d20+8 = 20:
12
1d20+8 = 23:
15
1d20+8 = 21:
13
1d20+8 = 12:
4
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Hesiod » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:34 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 7:
3

JIC: 1d20:
6
| 1d100:
87


Hesiod opens the vial and sees the liquid turn to mist in front of his eyes. What the hell? In his haste he opens the door and throws the vial in the room (as one would throw a live grenade to get it away from himself). He's feeling nervous and that vial really threw him for a loop. As he opens the door, and casts the spell on himself, he moves quickly still thinking about vial of liquid and the mist, fouling up the spell he just cast thinking, What the hell is that mist?. Another surprise, seeing the man in red right in front of him, "What!", he screams as he lets go of his bow string, the arrow glancing off the man in red. Now standing face to face with the man in red his reflexes take over. With his bow in his left hand, Hesiod makes a fist and tries to repeatedly punch the man in red right in the face with his right hand.

Should the man in red drop, Hesiod will first stand his ground and defend himself against the other person following up with Parries and Punches as needed, should he move to attack him as he is punching the man in red. Should the man flee and Hesiod has the ability to get an arrow or two off, he will try that. If he cannot get an arrow off and has additional actions left he will move forward in the direction the other man goes, as he has gone from surprised and hasty to aggressive and feeling the brawling inside of him grow.

Out of the corner of his eye, Hesiod sees Alric. That son of a bitch, he's alive, and the thought crosses his mind in an instant, Am I happy about that, or disappointed?

"What are you doing here? Where is Grim?"

Initiative: 1d20:
20

APM: 5

Attack 1: Punch the man in red in the face. Strike: 1d20+4 = 13:
9
, Damage: 1d4:
4

Attack 2: Punch the man in red in the face. Strike: 1d20+4 = 22:
18
, Damage: 1d4:
1

Attack 3: Punch the man in red in the face. Strike: 1d20+4 = 14:
10
, Damage: 1d4:
4

Attack 4: Punch the man in red in the face. Strike: 1d20+4 = 8:
4
, Damage: 1d4:
3

Attack 5: Punch the man in red in the face. Strike: 1d20+4 = 16:
12
, Damage: 1d4:
1


Arrow shots as needed:
Attack 2: Strike: 1d20+6 = 24:
18
, Damage: 1d6:
6

Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+6 = 19:
13
, Damage: 1d6:
4

Attack 4: Strike: 1d20+6 = 13:
7
, Damage: 1d6:
4

Attack 5: Strike: 1d20+6 = 9:
3
, Damage: 1d6:
4


Hesiod will use his Bow to parry any melee attacks the man in red or any attacks anyone throws his way. He will also attempt to roll with punch any melee attacks landed on him. The Dodge rolls are just there in case there is a reason for them, but he will only Parry unless he gets a free dodge for some reason.

Parry: 1d20+7 = 25:
18
, 1d20+7 = 27:
20
, 1d20+7 = 16:
9
, 1d20+7 = 22:
15
, 1d20+7 = 25:
18

Dodge: 1d20+6 = 16:
10
, 1d20+6 = 13:
7
, 1d20+6 = 12:
6
, 1d20+6 = 24:
18
, 1d20+6 = 13:
7

Roll w/Punch: 1d20+4 = 10:
6
, 1d20+4 = 12:
8
, 1d20+4 = 14:
10
, 1d20+4 = 12:
8
, 1d20+4 = 6:
2
, 1d20+4 = 24:
20
,
Hesiod
 

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Augur » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:30 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME: 2125.75
CLIMATE: Cool and damp
VISIBILITY: By torchlight only--20-40'
TERRAIN: Subterranean structure
LEY LINE: None

Alric's CoA: 1 melee remaining


Alric & Hesiod
As white smoke fills the room, Alric rushes from his hiding place, grabs hold of the man in red, and attempts to slice the man's throat with his short sword only to have the man's startled, deflecting blow knocks the sword from Alric's hand. (Nat 20 parry, mate!) The steel adds a metallic clang of noise to the scene gets everyone's attention. Alric dives for his sword just as the man in red swings his gnarled looking quarterstaff where Alric's head had just been.
Image
The end of the staff smacks the wall instead. It leaves an impressive crack in the wall that no ordinary staff could ever do. Alric rolls to his feet with his sword in hand in a surprisingly agile maneuver in time to block block the next blow aimed for the crown of his head. He parries yet another blow then lunges in for a quick stab and manages to stick the man in red with the point of his sword. The man in red winces and widens his stance into a more defensive posture.

Seeing the man in red right in front of him, Hesiod yells as the arrow glances off the man in red. "What!" Hesiod makes a fist and tries to repeatedly punch the man in red right in the face with his right hand. As he and Alric engage the man in red, Hesiod manages to land two light jabs on the man's face as he hollers at Alric. "What are you doing here? Where is Grim?" Meanwhile, the other fellow in the room, named Ghazal by the man in red, quickly gathers his wits as he takes a few steps back then begins blasting the pair with magical balls of fire. Two hit Hesiod, but one is merely a glancing blow, and a third strikes Alric. The large fire balls are hurled at an awesome speed which makes dodging them incredibly difficult.
Alric-&-Hesiod.jpg
Alric-&-Hesiod.jpg (137.96 KiB) Viewed 13417 times


Predat
Predat coolly ignores the approaching zombie and grabs the woman's hair, gathers it up into his fist, then shoves her head under the filthy water. When the undead monstrosity gets within arms reach, he stabs it repeatedly in the chest with his magic dagger. he largely ignores its feeble attempts to club him with its rotten fists. When the thing's chest caves in and its spoiled innards spew add to the already filthy water as it collapses, he hauls the woman's head up and, with malice in his voice, bites off the same few words he's already asked. "What is going on here, woman?!"

She comes up sodden and gasping for breath and yells, "We're a death cult! The acolytes are necromancers and follow Abaddon! He's a demon high priest!" The woman begins to sob hysterically.
Predat.png
Predat.png (250.5 KiB) Viewed 13417 times


What are your intentions?

GM Notes:
Just to be clear, pulling a punch is a matter of intent, not need. If it's posted, I'll assume intent. And remember, failing to pull a punch results in full damage.

Butcher's Bill
  • Alric: Armor is destroyed, -16 S.D.C., -10 H.P. (You still have 12 P.P.E.); silver knives deducted from inventory
  • Hesiod: Long Staff destroyed; -21 S.D.C. to Armor; -19 S.D.C.;
  • Grim: Dead
  • Predat: -2 S.D.C.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5335
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Predat » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:30 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 13:
10

JiC: 1d20:
7
1d100:
23


Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100:
44
/ 80%
Interrogation Techniques - 1d100:
42
/ 50%

Augur wrote: She comes up sodden and gasping for breath and yells, "We're a death cult! The acolytes are necromancers and follow Abaddon! He's a demon high priest!" The woman begins to sob hysterically.


Pre considers, Finally she lets it loose a little. I'm sure Captain De'vaue wouldn't want a death Cult roaming and active this close to Llorn. Let me see what else I can find out. He grabs her arm with his other hand and lifts her up to her feet, mostly by the hand in her hair. He growls, "I am a Llornian Ranger and if you don't want to go back in that water, continue talking." He then asks a few questions:

"What are Abaddon's plans for this place and his cult?"

"Where is Abaddon located right now and directions to that spot?"
If she starts giving Pre the how should I know dance, he says, "Best guess and directions?"

"How many more of the cult are down here?"

"Is anyone else down here beside you cultists?"


He listens to her responses and if she evades or doesn't answer she gets a pulled punch in the gut first:

Strike: 1d20+8 = 9:
1
Pulled Punch: 1d20+3 = 9:
6

(If Necessary)Strike: 1d20+8 = 14:
6
Pulled Punch: 1d20+3 = 20:
17


A second time she goes back under the water for a full 30 count and after that Pre says, "Next time you won't be coming back up!":

Strike: 1d20+8 = 16:
8


The third time she goes under until she stops struggling:

Strike: 1d20+8 = 28:
20


Assuming she complies before the third strike, Predat says, "Okay if you want to survive here is what you are going to do. Slither in the pipe and stay there for about 24 hours. After that, you can get out and leave this place. Take a direct route away from Llorn and never come withing 200 miles of Llorn again." He puts his scarred up lizard face right up to hers and barks, "Human, do you understand?" If she gives an indication of understanding he say, "Well get in the pipe and now I will know where you'll be if you lied to me!"

If we made it that far, he will do a quick search of the room, then head back and pick up the weapons they dropped and check the other man for anything valuable. At that point he will head towards Abaddon. If she ends up dead, he searches her as well.

Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100:
46
/ 55%
Locate Secret Compartment/Doors - 1d100:
97
/ 45%
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Alric Grimecross » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:28 am

Perception: 1d20:
3

JIC: 1d20:
18
/ 1d100:
69


It smells like cooked meat in here...oh it's me.

Clothes burning, hair smouldering, and skin scorching Alric sees little recourse but to stay close to the red man and hope the fireballs hit him instead. Wrapping the red man in a bear hug the mercenary simply tries to keep the cult leader between himself and the spell caster while Hesiod gets in some free shots.

Initiative: 1d20:
20
(natural)
APM: 5
One: Grapple with red cloaked man
Strike: 1d20+2 = 6:
4

Two: Grapple with red cloaked man
Strike: 1d20+2 = 21:
19

Three: Grapple with red cloaked man
Strike: 1d20+2 = 22:
20
(natural 20)
Four: Grapple with red cloaked man
Strike: 1d20+2 = 17:
15

Five: Grapple with red cloaked man
Strike: 1d20+2 = 14:
12


Instead of dodge, use red cloaked man to parry fire balls (parry): 1d20+3 = 8:
5
1d20+3 = 14:
11
1d20+3 = 16:
13
1d20+3 = 16:
13
1d20+3 = 17:
14


OOC: Confused as to my status (dead or alive). The butcher's bill reads that I am -16 S.D.C., -10 H.P.: I only have 12 SDC and 20 HP...so I assume I am -12 SDC (0 remaining) and -14 HP (6 remaining). I was struck by a fireball but no damage was given. If it was greater than 6 then I am (literally) toast. I asked if I was dead via IM but only got a "don't think so" reply.
Alric Grimecross, Bastard (in every sense of the word)
Weapon: Short Sword (2D4)
Armor: 55/75 SDC (AR 13)
Shield: 50/50 SDC
SDC: 11/49
HP: 9/25
PPE: 2/89 (Updated 10/01/2016)
Present Condition: Annoyed
User avatar
Alric Grimecross
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:58 am

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Hesiod » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:56 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 6:
2

JIC: 1d20:
18
| 1d100:
58


Initiative: 1d20:
10

APM: 5

These punches are useless. All I can think of is that I have that frying pan in my backpack. A dagger, my kingdom for a dagger. Alric sure is focused on this guy. He hasn't said anything to me.

Seeing Alric begin to grapple with the adversary, Hesiod says as he continues punching the man, "Alric, you must really like this guy, you're getting all up in his business pretty tight. If you wanted a boyfriend I would have left you guys alone and stayed outside until you were done."

After 2 rounds of punches, Hesiod will address the fireball guy. "Hey buddy, if you're upset that Alric here is taking stealing your boyfriend, no need to take it out on me. I already had BBQ for lunch yesterday anyway. Let's talk this over, stop with the fire already."

Attack 1: Punch the man in red in the face. Strike: 1d20+4 = 16:
12
, Damage: 1d4:
1

Attack 2: Punch the man in red in the face. Strike: 1d20+4 = 11:
7
, Damage: 1d4:
3

Attack 3: Punch the man in red in the face. Strike: 1d20+4 = 16:
12
, Damage: 1d4:
2

Attack 4: Punch the man in red in the face. Strike: 1d20+4 = 20:
16
, Damage: 1d4:
4

Attack 5: Punch the man in red in the face. Strike: 1d20+4 = 19:
15
, Damage: 1d4:
4


If the man becomes incapacitated he will turn and loose arrows at the fireball guy and speak to him while doing so.

Arrow shots as needed:
Attack 2: Strike: 1d20+6 = 9:
3
, Damage: 1d6:
3

Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+6 = 8:
2
, Damage: 1d6:
3

Attack 4: Strike: 1d20+6 = 15:
9
, Damage: 1d6:
5

Attack 5: Strike: 1d20+6 = 7:
1
, Damage: 1d6:
1


Hesiod will use his Bow to parry any melee attacks the man in red or any attacks anyone throws his way. He will also attempt to roll with punch any melee attacks landed on him. The Dodge rolls are just there in case there is a reason for them, but he will only Parry unless he gets a free dodge for some reason.

Parry: 1d20+7 = 8:
1
, 1d20+7 = 15:
8
, 1d20+7 = 13:
6
, 1d20+7 = 9:
2

Dodge: 1d20+6 = 23:
17
, 1d20+6 = 7:
1
, 1d20+6 = 9:
3
, 1d20+6 = 20:
14

Roll w/Punch: 1d20+4 = 18:
14
, 1d20+4 = 23:
19
, 1d20+4 = 13:
9
, 1d20+4 = 14:
10
,

By my account:
Armor: S.D.C. 38 - 21 = 17 left
S.D.C.: 25 - 19 = 6 left
H.P.: 30 - 0 = 30 left
Hesiod
 

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Augur » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:10 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME: 2126.0
CLIMATE: Cool and damp
VISIBILITY: By torchlight only--20-40'
TERRAIN: Subterranean structure
LEY LINE: None

Alric's CoA: GONE


Appropriate thematic music.

Alric & Hesiod
Alric is a scorched and beaten mess. He sees little recourse but to stay close to the man in red to shield him. This conviction in mind as his only means of survival, he seizes the initiative and grasps the man in a sudden bear hug, keeping the cult leader between himself and the spell caster.

Hesiod repeatedly punches the man in red as Alric struggles to hold him firmly in place. Hesiod quips as he delivers a pair of blows. "Alric, you must really like this guy, you're getting all up in his business pretty tight. If you wanted a boyfriend I would have left you guys alone and stayed outside until you were done."

Hesiod then mocks the fireball guy as he continues to pummel the face of the man in red. "Hey buddy, if you're upset that Alric here is taking stealing your boyfriend, no need to take it out on me. I already had BBQ for lunch yesterday anyway. Let's talk this over, stop with the fire already." The man roars in anger and looses another ball of fire. The red-robed mage and Alric struggle mightily until one of them loses their footing and they must continue their struggle as a wrestling match on the ground. Alric can feel that the man is stronger than himself (likely due to the fact that he himself is so direly injured), but his unorthodox solution clearly took the man by surprise and that has proven, for these valuable few moments at least, to make all the difference in the world. The ball of fire catches Hesiod squarely in the back and chars his armor thoroughly.

Alric-&-Hesiod.jpg
Alric-&-Hesiod.jpg (122.33 KiB) Viewed 13346 times


Predat
Predat grabs the woman's arm and lifts her to her feet. "I am a Llornian Ranger and if you don't want to go back in that water, continue talking. What are Abaddon's plans for this place and his cult?"

Her tone of voice struggles between savagery and sorrow. "We were to bring about a glorious new world, but that's all ruined now, isn't it?"

"Where is Abaddon located right now and directions to that spot?" She shrugs and shakes her head. "Best guess and directions?"

"Perhaps in his bedroom, or consulting with his benefactor in the room of sacrifice and attainment." She shrugs and points to the doors to the north as her mouth quivers. "Through the doors and take a right. He has a secret door in his room that he doesn't think anyone else knows about that connects...kind of...to the chamber."

"How many more of the cult are down here? Is anyone else down here beside you cultists?"

"Other than Abbadon and his three novices, there was only the five of us...and our creations."

Predat responds to this gushing of information. (Great skill checks!) "Okay if you want to survive here is what you are going to do. Slither in the pipe and stay there for about 24 hours. After that, you can get out and leave this place. Take a direct route away from Llorn and never come withing 200 miles of Llorn again." He puts his scarred up lizard face right up to hers and barks, "Human, do you understand?" She whimpers her acknowledgment. "Well get in the pipe and now I will know where you'll be if you lied to me!"

The bedraggled and sodden woman does as he commands. The distant sound of a man's angry roar reaches his ears. It's coming from beyond the doors to which the woman pointed.
(No time to conduct a search this melee.)

Predat.jpg
Predat.jpg (143.75 KiB) Viewed 13346 times


What are your intentions?

GM Notes:
Thanks for the clarifying query, Alric. The butcher's bill should have read: 6 H.P. remaining (for sake of clarity).

Butcher's Bill
  • Alric: Armor is destroyed, 6 H.P. remaining; 12 P.P.E. remaining; silver knives deducted from inventory
  • Hesiod: Long Staff destroyed; -33 S.D.C. to Armor; -19 S.D.C.;
  • Predat: -2 S.D.C.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5335
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Hesiod » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:23 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 9:
5

JIC: 1d20:
20
| 1d100:
46


Ugh, this isn't going well at all. Alric must be so focused on grappling with this guy, he's gone mute!

Hesiod will disengage his melee combat with and charge the man throwing fireballs.

I'm not doing any good, here and if we don't stop those fireballs, we'll be dead.

Charging the wizard Hesiod will attempt a running kick to knock the man down, if that goes well, continue kicking him. If the man gets the upper hand, he will attempt to grapple with him.

I don't see much choice, sure we'll be rolling around hugging each other, but at least we won't be barbecue.

Initiative: 1d20:
12

APM: 5

Attack 1: turn and run at the Wizard throwing fireballs.
Attack 2: Karate Kick the wizard. Strike: 1d20+4 = 6:
2
, Damage: 2d4:
2, 3

Attack 3: Karate Kick the wizard. Strike: 1d20+4 = 20:
16
, Damage: 2d4:
4, 3

Attack 4: Karate Kick the wizard. Strike: 1d20+4 = 24:
20
, Damage: 2d4:
4, 2

Attack 5: Karate Kick the wizard. Strike: 1d20+4 = 5:
1
, Damage: 2d4:
1, 2


Grapple option, if needed:
Attack 1: turn and run at the Wizard throwing fireballs.
Attack 2: Karate Kick the wizard. Strike: 1d20+4 = 11:
7
, Damage: 2d4:
1, 3

Attack 3: Grapple with the Wizard: 1d20+4 = 9:
5

Attack 4: Grapple with the Wizard: 1d20+4 = 14:
10

Attack 5: Grapple with the Wizard: 1d20+4 = 17:
13


Dodges, Parries, and Roll with Punch. Hesiod will attempt to roll with punch on any strikes.
Parry: 1d20+7 = 9:
2
, 1d20+7 = 22:
15
, 1d20+7 = 17:
10
, 1d20+7 = 13:
6
, 1d20+7 = 24:
17

Dodge: 1d20+6 = 19:
13
, 1d20+6 = 12:
6
, 1d20+6 = 13:
7
, 1d20+6 = 22:
16
, 1d20+6 = 19:
13

Roll w/Punch: 1d20+4 = 22:
18
, 1d20+4 = 23:
19
, 1d20+4 = 18:
14
, 1d20+4 = 22:
18
, 1d20+4 = 15:
11
, 1d20+4 = 6:
2


By my account:
Armor: S.D.C. 38 - 33 = 5 left
S.D.C.: 25 - 19 = 6 left
H.P.: 30 - 0 = 30 left
Hesiod
 

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Predat » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:04 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 13:
10

JiC: 1d20:
12
1d100:
44


As she climbs into the pipe, Pre is no longer concerned with the beaten woman. He wants to go back and check the man he killed and pick up the weapons, but he hears a man beyond the doors she pointed out. At least it doesn't seem like she was lying. Well I had better finish this. He moves towards the doors she pointed out and then takes a right as she stated. He is moving quietly and keeping his eyes open for traps, but Pre can feel some of his caution draining away at the anticipation of a battle. Why do they always think they can bring about a new world order? Pre will try to slowly creep in and check the situation before he acts, but his knife is still at the ready!

Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100:
88
/ 55%
Pick Locks - 1d100:
44
/ 65% (If necessary)
Prowl - 1d100:
60
/ 55%
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Alric Grimecross » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:36 am

Perception: 1d20:
3

JIC: 1d20:
13
/ 1d100:
53


Rolling on the ground with the man in red, Alric fights tooth and nail for his own survival. He flails punches. kicks, bites, and other blows trying to keep the man off balance. If he gets an opening he spits in the man's face and uses the moment to grab his dagger and stab wildly.

Initiative: 1d20:
17

APM: 5
One: Punch, kick, claw, spit
Strike: 1d20+2 = 11:
9

Two: Punch, kick, claw, spit
Strike: 1d20+2 = 21:
19

Three: Punch, kick, claw, spit
Strike: 1d20+2 = 10:
8

Four: Punch, kick, claw, spit
Strike: 1d20+2 = 6:
4

Five: Punch, kick, claw, spit, or draw dagger
Strike: 1d20+2 = 3:
1


Parry: 1d20+3 = 5:
2
1d20+3 = 16:
13
1d20+3 = 14:
11
1d20+3 = 21:
18
1d20+3 = 11:
8


Dodge as needed: 1d20+3 = 15:
12
1d20+3 = 23:
20
1d20+3 = 9:
6
1d20+3 = 21:
18
1d20+3 = 12:
9
Alric Grimecross, Bastard (in every sense of the word)
Weapon: Short Sword (2D4)
Armor: 55/75 SDC (AR 13)
Shield: 50/50 SDC
SDC: 11/49
HP: 9/25
PPE: 2/89 (Updated 10/01/2016)
Present Condition: Annoyed
User avatar
Alric Grimecross
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:58 am

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Augur » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:38 am

Conditions wrote:TIME: 2126.25
CLIMATE: Cool and damp
VISIBILITY: By torchlight only--20-40'
TERRAIN: Subterranean structure
LEY LINE: None

Alric's CoA: GONE


Appropriate thematic music.

Meanwhile, Alric struggles mightily on the floor of the chamber with the man in red. (No damage rolls posted.) His every effort directed at staying alive long enough to allow Hesiod the opportunity to finish off the other mage and intervene on his behalf. The two struggling men spit and growl at each other, cursing one another through grunts of effort. The man in red is clearly stronger than Alric, but Alric's desperate urgency (read: consistently superior initiative) is enabling him to hold his own against the stronger man. "I, Abaddon, am a Demon High Priest! Your meddling today will only delay the inevitable! Modeus will see dominion over this world, and I will have a place of power at his side!" As the man in red, now revealed to be the conductor of this entire evil endeavor, tells this to Alric through bared teeth, Alric can hear very heavy footfalls approaching from the same corridor through which he entered this chamber.

Hesiod charges at the fireball-casting mage with a roar or anger and frustration. Surprising the hell out of Hesiod, the man screams and runs for the door. Hesiod quickly changes trajectory, slips in a bit of blood on the floor, and races after the fellow. Once in the corridor, he's confronted by the sight of a powerful looking, and heavily scarred lizard-like humanoid in dark grey robes just beyond his fleeing combatant. His heart sinks. The lizard-man's broad-shoulders and stature looks terribly imposing.

Predat leaves the chamber and quietly proceeds to the right from the door as suggested. He's immediately confronted by the image of a man in dark robes running in flight from a pair of doors followed closely by another man in blood-spattered and burned traveling clothes.

The-Ruins-of-Abrosax.jpg


What are your intentions?

GM Notes:

Butcher's Bill
  • Alric: Armor is destroyed, 6 H.P. remaining; 12 P.P.E. remaining; silver knives deducted from inventory
  • Hesiod: Long Staff destroyed; -33 S.D.C. to Armor; -19 S.D.C.;
  • Predat: -2 S.D.C.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5335
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Predat » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:33 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 16:
13

JiC: 1d20:
6
1d100:
90


So she did lie to me as it seems others are here! Maybe she didn't know, maybe? Predat's posture has tensed and his first instinct is to attack, but he remembers that another group was sent to investigate these ruins. He looks at both the running and the bloodied man, one looks like a mage and the other looks more like a weary, hurt traveler, but if I was a necromancer, I would surely disguise that fact. He says to both, "I am a Llornian Ranger, here to prevent," HA, "a new world order from bothering Llorn! Who are you and what are you doing in this place?" She said the leader's name is Abaddon. This whole while he is moving forward.

Interrogation Techniques - 1d100:
44
/ 50% (hopefully to determine whether he is speaking the truth)
Intelligence - 1d100:
86
/ 59% (To get a read on what is going on)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100:
44
/ 80% (Depends on who he is facing, Foe or potential ally?)

If attacked, he will go after the one who is attacking him with his blade!

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 5:
2

APM: 8

Attack 1: Step forward and speak.
Attack 2: Strike: 1d20+10 = 27:
17
Damage 4d6+27 = 41:
5, 5, 1, 3

Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+10 = 29:
19
CRIT! Damage 4d6+27 = 43:
5, 4, 4, 3
x2 = 86
Attack 4: Strike: 1d20+10 = 14:
4
Damage 4d6+27 = 43:
3, 1, 6, 6

Attack 5: Strike: 1d20+10 = 12:
2
Damage 4d6+27 = 37:
1, 1, 2, 6

Attack 6: Strike: 1d20+10 = 19:
9
Damage 4d6+27 = 41:
3, 1, 4, 6

Attack 7: Strike: 1d20+10 = 19:
9
Damage 4d6+27 = 44:
4, 2, 5, 6

Attack 8: Strike: 1d20+10 = 27:
17
Damage 4d6+27 = 43:
2, 3, 5, 6


Parries as needed: 1d20+10 = 27:
17
1d20+10 = 16:
6
1d20+10 = 21:
11
1d20+10 = 29:
19
1d20+10 = 21:
11
1d20+10 = 19:
9
1d20+10 = 26:
16
1d20+10 = 17:
7

Dodges as needed: 1d20+8 = 22:
14
1d20+8 = 23:
15
1d20+8 = 27:
19
1d20+8 = 20:
12
1d20+8 = 14:
6
1d20+8 = 23:
15
1d20+8 = 20:
12
1d20+8 = 21:
13
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Alric Grimecross » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:36 pm

Perception: 1d20:
16

JIC: 1d20:
2
/ 1d100:
54


Staving off death for another dew seconds Alric is incredulous when Hesoid bolts from the room..again! Not wanting a repeat of the last time he stayed to fight Alric gives the man in red a good bludgeoning with his shield and prepares to exit behind the druid. Not getting left to die like poor Grim.

Initaitve: 1d20:
4

APM: 5
One: Beat with shield
Strike: 1d20+3 = 15:
12

Damage: 2d4:
4, 4

Two: Beat with shield
Strike: 1d20+3 = 21:
18

Damage: 2d4:
3, 4

Three: Beat with shield
Strike: 1d20+3 = 18:
15

Damage: 2d4:
3, 2

Four: Beat with shield
Strike: 1d20+3 = 12:
9

Damage: 2d4:
4, 4

Five: Beat with shield
Strike: 1d20+3 = 16:
13

Damage: 2d4:
3, 4


Dodge as needed: 1d20+3 = 22:
19
1d20+3 = 17:
14
1d20+3 = 12:
9
1d20+3 = 20:
17
1d20+3 = 19:
16
1d20+3 = 19:
16


Parry with shield as needed: 1d20+5 = 25:
20
(nat!) 1d20+5 = 16:
11
1d20+5 = 7:
2
1d20+5 = 13:
8
1d20+5 = 12:
7
Alric Grimecross, Bastard (in every sense of the word)
Weapon: Short Sword (2D4)
Armor: 55/75 SDC (AR 13)
Shield: 50/50 SDC
SDC: 11/49
HP: 9/25
PPE: 2/89 (Updated 10/01/2016)
Present Condition: Annoyed
User avatar
Alric Grimecross
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:58 am

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Hesiod » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:28 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 10:
7

JIC: 1d20:
6
| 1d20:
14


Not another Demon! Hesiod thinks as he seems the 'Lizardman' in front of him. His eyes bulge out and he stops in his tracks completely forgetting what he was chasing and why he left the room at all. He turns immediately and goes back into the room, and closes the door. No one is throwing fireballs, but I am NOT staying here and facing that thing. He doesn't even wait to hear what it said. As he gets back into the door. "Alric, there is another Demon, we need to get out of here. I think he said something about Llorn, and wanting to bring a new world order. It's huge."

Hesiod tries his best to knock down, or knock out the man that Alric is entangled with, and free Alric of his wrestling match by kicking him.

Initiative: 1d20:
11

APM: 5

Attack 3: Karate Kick Strike: 1d20+4 = 9:
5
; Damage 2d4:
1, 1

Attack 4: Karate Kick Strike: 1d20+4 = 6:
2
; Damage 2d4:
2, 1

Attack 5: Karate Kick Strike: 1d20+4 = 20:
16
; Damage 2d4:
4, 3


((I'm not really sure how many actions it would be to run back in the room, and close the door, so I figure that was actions 1-2, if it is more please feel free to take whatever you feel is necessary.))
Hesiod
 

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Augur » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:23 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME: 2126.5
CLIMATE: Cool and damp
VISIBILITY: By torchlight only--20-40'
TERRAIN: Subterranean structure
LEY LINE: None

Alric's CoA: GONE


Appropriate thematic music.

Hesiod's eyes bulge when he catches sight of Predat. He stops in his tracks and turns on his heel to run back the way he came. As he slams the door behind him he calls out to Alric. "Alric, there is another Demon, we need to get out of here. I think he said something about Llorn, and wanting to bring a new world order. It's huge."

Struggling for his life on the floor, Alric continues to try and bludgeon the man in red with his shield, but given that he'd just recently had the man in a bear hug which assisted the pair of them to the floor. His efforts are largely futile, but manage to frustrate Abaddon's own efforts to either rise or extricate himself from their tangle of limbs.

Hesiod rushes in and kicks at the man in red who's struggling to free himself from Alric's flailing attacks and aggressive bro-hug. He only hurts his own foot on the first two kicks, such is the strength of the man's leather armor, but from his third kick he hears a deeply satisfying grunt of pain and sees a filmy, pink froth surface over the man's bared teeth and lips and he grunts and growls with all his hatred and effort.

Struggling on the floor with Abaddon, Alric hears the new intruder before he sees him. A deep, basso rumble of a growl mated to extremely heavy footfalls. Moments later, the Dybbuk squeezes into the chamber through the same concealed passage from which Alric entered this chamber.

Image

Predat looks at both the running and the bloodied man and, as he strides forward, says, "I am a Llornian Ranger, here to prevent a new world order from bothering Llorn! Who are you and what are you doing in this place?" The bloodied man turns tail and runs back from whence he came. The other man ducks into a small, concealed corridor along the south wall and out of sight.

The-Ruins-of-Abrosax.jpg
The-Ruins-of-Abrosax.jpg (133.48 KiB) Viewed 13178 times


What are your intentions?

GM Notes:

Butcher's Bill
  • Alric: Armor is destroyed, 6 H.P. remaining; 12 P.P.E. remaining; silver knives deducted from inventory
  • Hesiod: Long Staff destroyed; -33 S.D.C. to Armor; -19 S.D.C.;
  • Predat: -2 S.D.C.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5335
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Predat » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:26 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 22:
19

JiC: 1d20:
4
1d100:
63


Predat doesn't hesitate and charges after the one who ran when he mentioned he was a Llornian Ranger. I am probably going to regret letting that other one run. Pre follows the bloody one through the door ready to pounce and yells with authority, "Why do you flee when I warn you that I am a Llornian Ranger . . . Wait, what is that thing?" As he sees the demon.

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100:
29
/ 80%
Demon & Monster Lore - 1d100:
48
/ 40%

Pre's blood begins to rise, This could be bad? No, no, it'll be fun. Very fun, as his insanities grab hold of him. He feels his pulse quicken at the anticipation of a challenging duel. He had been doing well in keeping them under control, but he has never come across such a vicious looking beast. He stares down the creature, "You must belong to this Abaddon I have heard about! Run or die beast!" He is completely ignoring the men rolling around on the floor in front of him. He leaps over them as he assumes the beast will not run!

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 10:
7

APM: 8

Attack 1: Step through the door.
Attack 2: Speak and attempt an ID.
Attack 3: Attack with his blade! Strike: 1d20+10 = 25:
15
Damage 4d6+27 = 37:
1, 1, 5, 3

Attack 4: Strike: 1d20+10 = 28:
18
Damage 4d6+27 = 38:
3, 1, 4, 3

Attack 5: Strike: 1d20+10 = 25:
15
Damage 4d6+27 = 43:
3, 6, 2, 5

Attack 6: Strike: 1d20+10 = 18:
8
Damage 4d6+27 = 37:
2, 6, 1, 1

Attack 7: Strike: 1d20+10 = 11:
1
Damage 4d6+27 = 39:
4, 4, 3, 1

Attack 8: Strike: 1d20+10 = 21:
11
Damage 4d6+27 = 44:
4, 4, 4, 5


Parries as needed: 1d20+10 = 14:
4
1d20+10 = 28:
18
1d20+10 = 27:
17
1d20+10 = 29:
19
1d20+10 = 15:
5
1d20+10 = 22:
12
1d20+10 = 22:
12

Dodges as needed: 1d20+8 = 18:
10
1d20+8 = 13:
5
1d20+8 = 24:
16
1d20+8 = 13:
5
1d20+8 = 16:
8
1d20+8 = 14:
6
1d20+8 = 22:
14


Contigency! If Alric is successful in sending Abaddon Pre's way: Pre will use an action to strike at the mage if he starts to cast anything.
Last edited by Predat on Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Alric Grimecross » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:50 pm

Perception: 1d20:
13

JIC: 1d20:
18
/ 1d100:
94


When Hesiod returns screaming about another demon Alric groans. His groan deepens when the Dybbuk enters the room. In this case the devil I know has already beaten my ass, time to take my chances with the devil I don't know. Stuck between demons Alric prepares to die, demons on both sides of him. At least he can take this damnable man in red with him. Leaping to his feet Alric gives the man in red a swift kick and pushes him toward the Dybbuk.

"Druid, this time we do it your way. Run!"

Using the space he creates the mercenary draws his sword and backs slowly to the corner behind the door, hoping the second demon will run headlong into the first. Who knows, maybe they'll kill each other fighting over who will eat us.

Initiative: 1d20:
12

APM: 5
One: Leap up
Strike: 1d20+2 = 6:
4

Two: Kick man in red
Strike: 1d20+2 = 13:
11

Damage: 2d4:
3, 1

Three: Push him toward Dybbuk
Strike: 1d20:
14

Damage: 1d4:
3

Four: Draw sword
Five: Retreat toward door

Parry with sword as needed: 1d20+5 = 22:
17
1d20+5 = 12:
7
1d20+5 = 21:
16
1d20+5 = 14:
9
1d20+5 = 22:
17

Dodge as needed: 1d20+3 = 10:
7
1d20+3 = 10:
7
1d20+3 = 5:
2
1d20+3 = 20:
17
1d20+3 = 9:
6
Alric Grimecross, Bastard (in every sense of the word)
Weapon: Short Sword (2D4)
Armor: 55/75 SDC (AR 13)
Shield: 50/50 SDC
SDC: 11/49
HP: 9/25
PPE: 2/89 (Updated 10/01/2016)
Present Condition: Annoyed
User avatar
Alric Grimecross
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:58 am

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Hesiod » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:05 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 13:
10

JIC: 1d20:
16
| 1d100:
95


Hearing Alric say run, Hesiod doesn't need to think twice on that command. There are too many intimidating creatures running around here for my taste. Standing in the corner, though feeling a bit of room between himself and the beasts, the words of the scaly lizard humanoid sink in a second. Looking puzzled, "Did he say he was a Llorian Ranger? Or did he say he wanted to eat Llorian Ranger for dinner."

Hesiod lets out an audible scream, "Ahhhh! Not that again!" as he sees the Dybbuk. Thought not taken back so much as he was the first time, and having his best buddy Alric next to him, Hesiod finds some clarity and thinks, Might as well send a few arrows at the Evil we know. Speaking at no one in particular, "I knew I should have got out of here when I could have." Hesiod takes two aimed shots with his bow at the Dybbuk, but keeps his eye on what he knows as the Lizardman.

Initiative: 1d20:
6

APM: 5

Attack 1: Follow Alric to the corner
Attack 2 & 3: Aimed shot at the Dybbuk's head Strike: 1d20+9 = 28:
19
; Damage 1d6:
3

Attack 4 & 5: Aimed shot at the Dybbuk's head Strike: 1d20+9 = 10:
1
; Damage 1d6:
6


By my account:
Armor: S.D.C. 38 - 33 = 5 left
S.D.C.: 25 - 19 = 6 left
H.P.: 30 - 0 = 30 left
Last edited by Hesiod on Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hesiod
 

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Augur » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:17 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME: 2126.75
CLIMATE: Cool and damp
VISIBILITY: By torchlight only--20-40'
TERRAIN: Subterranean structure
LEY LINE: None


Appropriate thematic music.

Alric groans deeply as the Dybbuk enters the room. Releasing his hold on the man in red gives them both the time and space necessary to rise. Leaping to his feet Alric gets the drop on the man and gives him a swift kick which pushes him toward the Dybbuk. The kick doesn't seem to harm the man in any way, but the shove is effective. "Druid, this time we do it your way. Run!" Using the space created, Alric draws his sword and backs slowly to the corner behind the door.

Hesiod looks puzzled as he inquires of Alric. "Did he say he was a Llorian Ranger? Or did he say he wanted to eat Llorian Ranger for dinner?" Hesiod sees the Dybbuk. "Ahhhh! Not that again! I knew I should have got out of here when I could have." Hesiod takes two aimed shots with his bow at the Dybbuk, Keeping a mistrustful eye on the Lizardman, Hesiod backs up to take careful aim at the Dybbuk with his bow. His first shot lands solidly but the second merely glances off the Dybbuk's tough hide.

The man in red gets to his feet, and begins to chant as he brushes himself off and picks up his staff. He eyes Hesiod and Alric as he chants, then takes a step toward them.

Predat charges through the door after the man who ran at the mention of Pre's station. He yells with authority, "Why do you flee when I warn you that I am a Llornian Ranger? Wait, what is that thing?" He sights and stares down the Dybbuk, recognizing it instantly for what it is by the hallmark of its two pairs of distinctly different arms. "You must belong to this Abaddon I have heard about! Run or die beast!" He leaps past the other men to engage the beast which meets him halfway with a roar. The Dybbuk is nowhere near as fast or well-trained as Predat, but what it lacks in speed and training it makes up for in brute force, ferocity, and dumb luck. Half of Pre's savage stabs are deflected by one of the demon's four arms, but he's able to deflect all but one of Dybbuk's own blows.

The-Ruins-of-Abrosax.jpg
The-Ruins-of-Abrosax.jpg (121.7 KiB) Viewed 13120 times


What are your intentions?

GM Notes:

Butcher's Bill
  • Alric: Armor is destroyed, 6 H.P. remaining; 12 P.P.E. remaining; silver knives deducted from inventory
  • Hesiod: Long Staff destroyed; -33 S.D.C. to Armor; -19 S.D.C.;
  • Predat: -24 S.D.C.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5335
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Alric Grimecross » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Perception: 1d20:
12

JIC: 1d20:
5
/ 1d100:
32


Muttering mages, I know what that means. Thinking quickly Alric tosses his shield toward the main in red like a discuss hoping to interrupt whatever evil is passing his lips. As the disc spins through the air Alric readies his sword and charges with bestial ferocity. He looses the day's rage upon his foe. All his pent up emotion about the evil within these caves, the abandonment by so many. He strikes hard at the red man, for Brom, for Elon, for Hesiod who ran away and returned...twice. If any of them had showed any courage this man in red would be done. Now here as two demons duke it out Alric Grimecross will have his revenge, or his death.

Post theme music

Initiative: EP critical success
One: Throw shield
Strike: EP critical success
Damage: 1d6:
3

Two: Charge!
Three: Strike with short sword
Strike: EP critical success
Damage: 2d4:
4, 3

Four: Strike with short sword
Strike: EP critical success
Damage: 2d4:
2, 2

Five: Strike with short sword
Strike: EP critical success
Damage: 2d4:
3, 2


Dodge (as needed): 1d20+3 = 10:
7
1d20+3 = 9:
6
1d20+3 = 19:
16
1d20+3 = 13:
10
1d20+3 = 4:
1

Parry (with sword): 1d20+5 = 21:
16
1d20+5 = 10:
5
1d20+5 = 21:
16
1d20+5 = 23:
18
1d20+5 = 17:
12
Alric Grimecross, Bastard (in every sense of the word)
Weapon: Short Sword (2D4)
Armor: 55/75 SDC (AR 13)
Shield: 50/50 SDC
SDC: 11/49
HP: 9/25
PPE: 2/89 (Updated 10/01/2016)
Present Condition: Annoyed
User avatar
Alric Grimecross
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:58 am

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Predat » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:19 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 8:
5

JiC: 1d20:
9
1d100:
77


Predat continues his onslaught. Hmm, this brute is faster than I thought! Good, I haven't had this good of a time since that last raid into Wolfen territory. Time to pick up the pace Pre! "So you are a Dybbuk huh? You and your master shouldn't have moved into Llornian territory!" Predat tries to take a serious tone, but the glee in his voice still manages to come through. This challenge is just what he needed. He barely notices the other players in the room, he is focused on the fun of this deadly dance. What is wrong with me? He lets out a little laughter! Nothing, nothing at all.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 7:
4

APM: 8

Attack 1: Attack with his blade! Strike: 1d20+10 = 24:
14
Damage: 4d6+27 = 48:
4, 6, 5, 6

Attack 2: Strike: 1d20+10 = 15:
5
Damage: 4d6+27 = 46:
4, 4, 5, 6

Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+10 = 13:
3
Damage: 4d6+27 = 47:
6, 6, 4, 4

Attack 4: Strike: 1d20+10 = 23:
13
Damage: 4d6+27 = 42:
3, 1, 5, 6

Attack 5: Strike: 1d20+10 = 15:
5
Damage: 4d6+27 = 41:
5, 2, 5, 2

Attack 6: Strike: 1d20+10 = 11:
1
Damage: 4d6+27 = 45:
4, 4, 6, 4

Attack 7: Strike: 1d20+10 = 16:
6
Damage: 4d6+27 = 41:
4, 3, 2, 5

Attack 8: Strike: 1d20+10 = 16:
6
Damage: 4d6+27 = 44:
5, 5, 5, 2


Parries as needed: 1d20+10 = 24:
14
1d20+10 = 14:
4
1d20+10 = 28:
18
1d20+10 = 29:
19
1d20+10 = 16:
6
1d20+10 = 11:
1
1d20+10 = 14:
4
1d20+10 = 28:
18

Dodges as needed: 1d20+8 = 27:
19
1d20+8 = 19:
11
1d20+8 = 16:
8
1d20+8 = 11:
3
1d20+8 = 25:
17
1d20+8 = 23:
15
1d20+8 = 11:
3
1d20+8 = 22:
14
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Hesiod » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:48 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 21:
17

JiC: 1d20:
19
| 1d100:
16


Hesiod drops his arms to his side for a second when he seems the lizardman fight the demon. What the hell is going on here, who is this? He's either breaking from this cult, or maybe he is a Llorian ranger...

Hey Alric, "Maybe he did say he was a ranger from Llorn. I like to think that I am open minded about racial opportunity, but I wasn't expecting to see someone in the service of Llorn with that face. Or that body for that matter."

Hey stupid, there is still a demon and some cultists to worry about, a voice from inside Hesiod crops up with he stands there speaking to Alric like he was at an Inn, drinking some brandy.

He snaps back to the moment and realizes he is in combat and sends two more aimed shots at the Demon.

"Hey Ranger, you really a ranger? I thought you were a demon here to eat me. You keep that thing occupied, and we can talk like gentlemen, okay?" Hesiod chuckles and thinks, like Alric is a gentleman. And he laughs as he fires his arrows at his little joke in his head.

Initiative: 1d20:
17

APM: 5

Attack 1: Stand with mouth open and confused that the Lizardman and Demon are fighting.
Attack 2 & 3: Aimed shot at the Dybbuk Strike: 1d20+9 = 27:
18
; Damage 1d6:
1

Attack 4 & 5: Aimed shot at the Dybbuk Strike: 1d20+9 = 29:
20
; Damage 1d6:
2
Hesiod
 

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Augur » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:03 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME: 2127
CLIMATE: Cool and damp
VISIBILITY: By torchlight only--20-40'
TERRAIN: Subterranean structure
LEY LINE: None


Appropriate thematic music.

Alric's eyes widen in alarm as he sees the mage about to finish an incantation. He flings his shield out with whip-crack speed, the disc catching the man in red edge-on just under his chin. The man's eyes bulge in their sockets. Alric dashes forth with all the rage of the day's pent-up frustrations focused on the business end on his sword and begins to hack at the man in red. His blows flow as though his sword hand were directed by a god of war, his last strike severing the man's head from his neck causing a pulsing geyser of blood to spray everyone within arm's reach of the man's toppling body. The man's quarterstaff and fine dagger clatter to the floor beneath his body. (Let the GM know in your next post if you intend to loot his body.

Hesiod hollers over the din of battle. "Hey Alric, maybe he did say he was a ranger from Llorn. I like to think that I am open minded about racial opportunity, but I wasn't expecting to see someone in the service of Llorn with that face. Or that body for that matter." He looses an arrow into the Dybbuk's head as he calmly fingers another arrow into place and takes aim. The damned demon had apparently healed all the damage they inflicted upon him earlier in the day. The ranger gets disarmed from a wicked inside parry from the demon. Hesiod sees the ranger's dagger skitter across the stone floor to balance precariously on the edge of a drain, under the table in front of him. The spaces in the drain are big enough that the dagger could fall in and be lost.

Hesiod switches verbal targets even as he trains his bow on the same one as before. "Hey Ranger, you really a ranger? I thought you were a demon here to eat me. You keep that thing occupied, and we can talk like gentlemen, okay?" His second arrow actually enters the Dybbuk's mouth as it opens to taunt or roar or whatever it was about to do. The arrow causes the Dybbuk to gag and lurch long enough for the Llornian Ranger to deliver a fantastic couple of blows to the demon's midsection. Hesiod's thrilled. This is like being able to participate from the stands in a heavy-weight bare-knuckles fistfight. If it wasn't for the incredible odds of him dying, this would be the most fun he's had in weeks, maybe months. Even the Vermil rarely gave him such a heady high.

Predat revels in the martial struggle in which he's engaged. He and the Dybbuk dance with death. The Dybbuk only manages to land two blows, but Pre's own efforts are somewhat stymied when the Dybbuk manages to disarm him early on in this phase of the dance. He doesn't see where the dagger landed. Still, Pre's punches land just as hard as the Dybbuk's, and more frequently. The beast has unnatural strength though. Pre knows that despite his own prodigious strength, if the demon chose to grapple with him, he'd be unable to best its brute strength, and so must keep from the beast's clutches at all cost. This dance he could do, and do well, perhaps well enough even to best this beast and send it back to the hell from which it was spawned.

The-Ruins-of-Abrosax.jpg
The-Ruins-of-Abrosax.jpg (113.21 KiB) Viewed 13046 times


What are your intentions?

GM Notes:

Butcher's Bill
  • Alric: Armor is destroyed, 5 H.P. remaining & bleeding; 12 P.P.E. remaining; silver knives deducted from inventory
  • Hesiod: Long Staff destroyed; -33 S.D.C. to Armor; -19 S.D.C.;
  • Predat: -55 S.D.C.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5335
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Predat » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:48 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 19:
16

JiC: 1d20:
7
1d100:
80


Pre, yells out, "No, my dagger!" Damnit . . . well, fists it is! "You are toast demon." His smile gets a bit bigger and tighter now that the danger level has just ramped up even more with the loss of his precious dagger.

Out of the corner of his eye Pre sees the mage's head get sliced off, "Nice, hope that was Abaddon?" And I hope they aren't against me!

Hesiod wrote: "Hey Ranger, you really a ranger? I thought you were a demon here to eat me. You keep that thing occupied, and we can talk like gentlemen, okay?" Hesiod chuckles and thinks, like Alric is a gentleman. And he laughs as he fires his arrows at his little joke in his head.


Predat nods and laughs while he parries and punches, "I was sent here by Captain De'vaue to see what was going on! No, no, humans give me stomach issues." As the arrow goes into the monster's mouth hes yells, "Nice shot!" Pre refocuses on the fight at hand. Damn this thing is strong.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 19:
16

APM: 8

Attack 1: Attack with his fists! Strike: 1d20+8 = 17:
9
Damage: 2d6+27 = 31:
1, 3

Attack 2: Strike: 1d20+8 = 16:
8
Damage: 2d6+27 = 31:
3, 1

Attack 3: Strike: 1d20+8 = 20:
12
Damage: 2d6+27 = 38:
5, 6

Attack 4: Strike: 1d20+8 = 18:
10
Damage: 2d6+27 = 36:
6, 3

Attack 5: Strike: 1d20+8 = 25:
17
Damage: 2d6+27 = 39:
6, 6

Attack 6: Strike: 1d20+8 = 13:
5
Damage: 2d6+27 = 36:
6, 3

Attack 7: Strike: 1d20+8 = 16:
8
Damage: 2d6+27 = 33:
4, 2

Attack 8: Strike: 1d20+8 = 16:
8
Damage: 2d6+27 = 31:
2, 2


Parries as needed: 1d20+8 = 14:
6
1d20+8 = 18:
10
1d20+8 = 15:
7
1d20+8 = 18:
10
1d20+8 = 10:
2
1d20+8 = 26:
18
1d20+8 = 28:
20
1d20+8 = 27:
19

Dodges as needed: 1d20+8 = 22:
14
1d20+8 = 19:
11
1d20+8 = 28:
20
1d20+8 = 14:
6
1d20+8 = 13:
5
1d20+8 = 20:
12
1d20+8 = 17:
9
1d20+8 = 25:
17


If necessary, Predat will use a dodge to avoid grappling with the unnaturally strong beast.
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Hesiod » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:50 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 16:
12

JiC: 1d20:
8
| 1d100:
32


I think I might be getting better at this. I don't feel nearly as afraid of this beast as I was before. It helps to have a large Lizard looking thing between me and it, keeping it's attention away from me. Come to think of it, I remember it saying something about my friends and family. This thing doesn't sound as cocky as it was last time.

"Hey stupid thing!" Hesiod says to the Demon, he pauses a second, I wonder if that demon has an actual name "What was it you said about my friends and family? How about you chew on my arrow a bit more, and when you are done with that, I'll give you another one to suck on after that." (That shot definitely when to his head.) He lets off another shot at the monstrosity.

"I was sent here by Captain De'vaue to see what was going on! No, no, humans give me stomach issues."


Then he realizes the dagger the ranger dropped. "Okay, nice Mr. Ranger, that seems reasonable, Llorn sending a, um, man of your talents to come see what is going on. Good to hear human doesn't agree with your digestion" I wonder if that dagger is worth the trouble. It's just a dagger. But maybe if I return it to the Lizard he'll be less likely to eat me. Yes, I bet it's worth it to build up some trust. Hesiod breaks off the attack to carefully grab the dagger that Predat dropped and then put it in a pocket. I could throw it to him, but what if the beast grabs it. Hmm, better to just hold on to it.

"Here Demon, I have another present for you here", as Hesiod uses his last attack and lets one more arrow fly.

"Alric this guy might be okay, he seems to dislike the demon about as much as we do, so that works enough for me for now."

Initiative: 1d20:
7

APM: 5

Attack 1 & 2: Aimed shot at the Dybbuk Strike: 1d20+9 = 28:
19
; Damage 1d6:
5

Attack 3 & 4: Move to the dropped dagger, pick it up, and put it in a pocket, or whatever is easy.
Attack 5: Regular shot at the Dybbuk Strike: 1d20+6 = 23:
17
; Damage 1d6:
4
Hesiod
 

Re: Group One: The Ruins of Abrosax

Postby Alric Grimecross » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:18 am

Perception: 1d20:
14

JIC: 1d20:
2
1d100:
99


Thank the gods, if I escape this I may have to pay them homage.

After his display of primal savagery Alric takes deep breathes, each one booming loudly in his head and every sound in the room seems drowned out by the pounding of his heart. As things slowly come back into focus he is vaguely aware of Hesiod in the new monster working together. Having tangled with the Dubbyk already, the mercenary is in no hurry to join the fray. Instead he leans down over the red body, made even more red by the blood spilling over the floor, looking for something that might turn the tide of this accursed venture. Slowly regaining his senses Alric casts another look at the Dubbyk, the beast must die, especially now that his assumed summoner is dead. The creature cannot be free to roam the land. He then turns his mind to zombies, if this man raised them they should fall dormant again with his death. Small victory.

Then there is the other man, the one who fled. Is he the real power behind this operation, or a cowardly henchman?

Having searched the man in red Alric stands, in no condition to get near the Dubbyk and completely drained of mystical energy he fades slowly to the back of the room, ready to make his exit if the winner of this battle royale turns on him. Seeing a curtain along the last wall, he ensures no one is coming after him and peers behind it.

Lore: Magic General Knowledge 1d100:
68
/50% to determine what should happen to the Dubbyk and zombies if their summoner is killed
Alric Grimecross, Bastard (in every sense of the word)
Weapon: Short Sword (2D4)
Armor: 55/75 SDC (AR 13)
Shield: 50/50 SDC
SDC: 11/49
HP: 9/25
PPE: 2/89 (Updated 10/01/2016)
Present Condition: Annoyed
User avatar
Alric Grimecross
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:58 am

PreviousNext

Return to Palladium Fantasy Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests