Episode 1a: I Drank What?

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Episode 1a: I Drank What?

Postby Sol » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:46 pm

Location Unknown - Reggie, Titus and Kiska

ALL

You all fight to open your eyes and the dim light stings as you manage to crack them open. Inches in front of your face is a curved piece of glass, the fog on it thickens each time you exhale. For an instant you realize that you can't move your arms or legs but them you hear a very muffled beeping followed by a voice stating, "Safety restraints released per Protocol 14. Main power loss. Internal backup battery at twenty percent." A moment later there is a soft click and the glass in front of your face shifts to the left slightly. Then with the soft hum of an electric motor, the glass slides completely away.

Looking yourselves over you see that you're not wearing much more than your skivvies and odd depressions are on your skin/fur at your chest, biceps, wrists, thighs and ankles as if whatever was holding you still has only just been removed. No one can remember how you got where you are or what you are doing there.

(Roll vs Non-Lethal Poison)
Sol
Game Master

Re: Episode 1a: I Drank What?

Postby Reggie » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:35 am

Perception: 71% / 91% in space / 86% at "night" 1d100 = 99 (Fail)

JIC: 1d20 = 20 (Nat. 20!)
1d100 = 74

Save vs. non-lethal poison: 1d20 = 20 (Nat. 20!)

Ow.

Reggie pried open his beady eyes painfully, his head throbbing.

"Ow."

Seeing the glass in front of him, and feeling the restraints, he is slightly confused - as confused as he can manage through the mind splitting headache.

Wha the... Am I in a slam? Did I get drunk on some bad vat-hooch and get tossed in the slam to sleep it off?

Presently, the restraints and the glass slide away.

voice wrote:"Safety restraints released per Protocol 14. Main power loss. Internal backup battery at twenty percent."

"Loud. Too loud."

...too flippin' early for power loss. Too headachy for 20% power.

Through the miasma of his muddled thoughts, the implications click into place.

"FRAK." Reggie fights to sit up, his stomach and head churning out of sync with each other.

"Power loss is no bueno... Where's my clothes? ...stash me inna tube in my skivvies? That's rude."

What even happened?

Reggie takes a good whiff of the room, to see if he smells anyone he recognizes from anywhere, and also to see if anyone's wet themselves in fear.

Recognize individuals/detect emotions by scent 64% 1d100 = 81 (Fail)

Should anyone see Reggie, he's a mutant weasel, almost 4' tall, with thick, scraggly fur. His fur is dark brown with a tan underbelly and face. His beady eyes are deepest black. He's wearing a sleeveless t-shirt and a pair of flowered shorts. They may recognize his speech as freebooter slang.
Reggie

HP: 20/20
SDC: 27/27
I.S.P.: 56/56
Reggie

Postby Titus Lothbern » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:22 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 49
Init: 1d20 = 8
Perc: 1d100 = 7
Conditions:

vs Non-Lethal Poison = 1d20 = 3

”What the frak??” Titus opens his eyes and immediately squints. ”Ackkk! Stupid reflex actions.” He takes a moment to relax his breathe. While doing so, he puts his cyber hand on the wall and activates the schematic reader. Just as he is using his antenna to feel around, he hears the voice. ”What now?” As the glass slides free, Titus uses his old training to prepare for the grav difference.

Titus sticks his ears and antennae out the hatch before he leaves it himself. With his old habits of reading a room, Titus looks around. Seeing the small guy, Titus does a quick once over. ”Hmmm. Okay, i just left a container of some sort, and the only guy around is a 3 ft weasel? Looks like he may have done some shady stuff, but nothing screams criminal.” He takes a deep breathe, ”Heya. Who you? Do you know where we are?”
[url=http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=882&t=17026]Titus the last space pirate!!/url], Headhunter Techno-Warrior
Stats of Note
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 62/62

Worn:
tinted high-impact sunglasses
combat boots.
Surplus fatigues
T shirt

BMP-MV014 Hard Vacuum Suit
A.R.: 12
M.D.C. by Location:
    • Helmet - 50
    • Left Arm: 45
    • Right Arm: 45
    • Left Leg: 55
    • Right Leg: 55
    • Main Body - 80
Gear
CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig
LPK-295R Steamer Laser Pulse Riflel
GAW Throwback (in hand)[/size]

Powers and Cybernetics
Advanced Bionic Headjack
Cyberware Networking with integrated Data Chip
Cyber Arm (full)
Charm/Impress: 0%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%
6'4" and 212 lbs
Titus Lothbern

Postby Sol » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:27 am

Time: Unknown (1 minute has elapsed since waking)

Titus finds it hard to concentrate on just about anything. The sense of disorientation is overwhelming as he put his cyber hand against the side of the tube he appears to be laying in. And down is the correct word, as down is presently pressing you lightly back into the tube, while your visuals tell you that the tube should be standing on end.

Titus' sensory hand doesn't return much that he can understand in his present state and his antenna tell the standard tale of disinfectant and filter residue as well as some other movement in the general area. Sitting up in the tube, Titus' head spins and a sense of nausea breaks what little concentration he scrapped together. Turning his head to the side he sees movement as a mutant weasel stands up in a tube of his own and he is just able to mumble out, "Heya. Who you? Do you know where we are?"

Reggie on the other hand doesn't take long for his head to clear. As he lays in the tube it all starts coming back to him. He took a job on a somewhat distance station. The only transport headed that way was a slowboat, which meant hypersleep. Which isn't much more than a medical coma to minimize passenger needs and the drain on life support. Sitting up the weasel's head clears completely and he looks about the room.

Looking up, Reggie sees a row of lockers and a hatch. To either side of him lay a number of other hypersleep tubes. From the one on his left he hears Titus mutter. As he sniffs the air, Reggie doesn't smell anything he recognizes, though there is a faint metallic smell of some sort that permeates the air.

The lockers are about 10 feet above you and if you would have to guess, gravity is maybe 1/4 gee at the most.

Butchers Bill:
Titus: -8 to strike, parry and dodge, plus Spd and attacks are reduced by half for 2 minutes
Sol
Game Master

Postby Kiska » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:44 am

Perception: 49%/1d100 = 54 - Failure!
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 61
Save vs Non-Lethal Poison: 1d20+4 = 18
Intelligence 50%/1d100 = 100 - any clues as to where I am, what ship it is, etc? - Crit Failure!
Space: Movement in Zero Gravity: 113%/1d100 = 81 - PASS!
Accurately estimate distance and location of the sound source, and recognize specific sounds and voices 50%/1d100 = 40 - PASS!
Conditions:
    Superior Vision that allows her to see about two times better than a normal human. And grants Nightvision to 100 feet
    Resistant to drugs, toxins, and poisons. Whenever the character doesn’t save against them, their effects (durations, penalties, and symptoms) and damage are a mere one-third
    Amplified Hearing (At 75 ft or less, sounds as quiet as one decibel - softer than a whisper - can be heard; At 150 ft 10 decibels - a whisper- can be heard clearly; At 360 ft a normal conversation or louder - 30 decibels - can be clearly heard.

Kiska recovers from the hypersleep grogginess with all the expediency of someone with hyperactive healing, and steps out of the hypersleep tube, stretching like a cat. Well, like the cat she is, if she's being honest. She looks down at her ungloved hands, the retracted cat like claws there a reminder of her mutant birth. She stares at herself in the reflection of a nearby surface and sees her contacts are also out. So much of her identity is being a pure human. So much effort is put into appearing like that, and now here with all that stripped away, she is a bit out of sorts. Still, she glances around, trying to gather information and see if she can find her clothes and gear. Not that most onlookers would be unhappy to see the woman standing there in shorts and a midriff baring half shirt. Her every curve is shown off and she has curves for days. Had she been born on a station other than Laika, she might have ended up a freak in some brothel. Instead she became a spy and information broker. Still, where was she? What was going on with main power? As she looks and notices anyone else, she wonders, 'who are they?' With all the
Link Profile:
Kiska the Trader, Information Broker
Stats of Note
H.P.: 51/51
S.D.C.: 108/108

Worn: Coverall and/OR CMAP-S02 Soft Vacuum Suit
S.D.C. by Location:
    • Helmet - 40
    • Left Arm: 20
    • Right Arm: 20
    • Left Leg: 35
    • Right Leg: 35
    • Main Body - 55
Gear
Satchel worn over shoulder
Utility Belt (around waist)
LPK-L20 Laser Pistol
Polarized Optics Glasses with thermal imaging and telescopic magnification (Merc Ops 119)
Ear Mic Radio Reciever and Transmitter (Merc Ops 110)
Portable Language Translator (Chinese, Japanese, Swiss, Gobbely, Spanish, Old French)

Powers and Cybernetics
Cybernetic ears with Sound Filtration, Built in Translator (Chinese, Japanese, Swiss, German, Portuguese, Italian), and Amplified Hearing
Cybernetic Lungs with Oxygen Storage Cell and Toxin Filter
Superior Vision that allows her to see about two times better than a normal human. And grants night vision to 100 feet
Healing Factor (Does not fatigue, heal 1 hp per 15 minutes and 3 SDC per 10 minutes)
Physical Perfection
Charm/Impress: 55%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 84%
5'10" and 200 lbs
Kiska
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Titus Lothbern » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:41 am

JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 60
Init: 1d20 = 6
Perc: 1d100 = 36

Friend or Foe Perc: +25%
+20 on Perception Rolls to recognize contraband (special): The Salvage Expert also has a keen eye for noticing contraband items.
-30% penalty to accurately identify the purpose/use and origin of alien machines, TW devices and other magic-based machines, devices and parts. This includes such Techno-Wizard created machines as the Iron Juggernauts, biomancy creations of Lemurians, as well as Bio-Wizard devices and vehicles like the Splugorth Slaver Barge or demon war machines. In all cases, roll under the character's Salvage skill.
I.D. Enemy in Disguise, Metamorphed or Shape-Changed +10%

Conditions:
impervious to light, but takes normal damage from all other forms of energy
Track by scent alone 34% / 1d100 = 92
Identify common odors 84% / 1d100 = 71
Identify uncommon odors 46% / 1d100 = 39
Range: 20 ft radius around character
Id temp of the air and changes in temp, plus the temp of objects by touch: 84% / 1d100 = 26
Accurately identify wind direction and speed: 74% / 1d100 = 43
when the character meets (touches or speaks directly to) someone, he can instantly sense if the character is a low level or high level criminal, but not exactly what he does for a living

Skills:
Headhunter's Find Contraband 59% / 1d100 = 42 - id maker of container
Salvage -- 70% / 1d100 = 66 - who uses this model

After hearing his own voice sounding mumbled, Titus thinks ”Okay. No speaking. Argh...my head.” He grabs his head with his real hand and grips the edge of the container with the cyber hand. Trying to get his bearings, Titus closes his eyes and waits for the world to stop spinning. With deep breathe to help calm stuff down, Titus looks around. ’Where are we?” Using all his skills, he tries to fiqure out who made these and most likely who has him. As he peruses the rom, he catches sight of her. ’Wtf?? I am in a tin can of some kind with a weasel and a hottie?” he is momentarily speechless…
[url=http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=882&t=17026]Titus the last space pirate!!/url], Headhunter Techno-Warrior
Stats of Note
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 62/62

Worn:
tinted high-impact sunglasses
combat boots.
Surplus fatigues
T shirt

BMP-MV014 Hard Vacuum Suit
M.D.C. by Location:
    • Helmet - 50