The High Spirits

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The High Spirits

Postby SNAFU » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:06 am

The High Spirits Docking Berth
This brand new ship currently docked in Llorn is currently owned by Predat. It will be without it's main mast for the next year as it waits for repairs. The repairs and port fees have all been paid for this period. The previous owner, Captain Grinner Grimear, traded the ship and 100, 000 marks to Predat in exchange for an evil rune sword.

The High Spirits: Layout

The High Spirits
Model Type: Bizantine Prototype
Class: Light Clipper
Crew: 16 minimum
S.D.C. by Location:
Front Section: 1900
Mid-section: 1400
Aft-section: 1600
Hull: 240/10' area
Keel: 380/10' area
Front Mast: 120
Mid (Main) Mast: 160
Rear Masts (2): 100 each
Statistical Data
Speed: Has recorded a top speed of 22 knots, (25 mph; 41 km/h)
Width: 25'
Length: 140'
Weight: 200 tons
Cargo: 50 tons
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Re: The High Spirits

Postby SNAFU » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:40 am

As they approach, they are greeted from the boat by a man who could only be Capt. Grinner Grimear.
"Ahoy there friends! Come aboard your brand new vessel!"
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Predat » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:17 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 20:

JiC: 1d100:
1d20:

Detect Ambush - 1d100:
/ 65%
Streetwise - 1d100:
/ 47%
Surveillance - 1d100:
/ 55%

Predat warily follows Silk aboard the ship. Where in the abyss is Hesiod? Gets a bit tricky dealing with thieves and pirates. I can trust Silk to some extent, but this sword is worth quite a bit . . . Is it enough for a betrayal? I expect it from him, but I hope not from her.. Pre nods, "hopefully it will be mine, all depends on the amount of cash you are kicking in. What can you tell me about the ship? I am guessing you made a few modifications during your travels? Smuggling holds at a minimum? Hopefully, this goes smoothly. If Pre doesn't sense any trouble he will pull out the sword, "I assume you will want to inspect this exquisite sword?"
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:14 pm

Predat wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d20+3 = 20:

JiC: Original post: 1d100:
Original post: 1d20:

Detect Ambush - Original post: 1d100:
/ 65%
Streetwise - Original post: 1d100:
/ 47%
Surveillance - Original post: 1d100:
/ 55%

Predat warily follows Silk aboard the ship. Where in the abyss is Hesiod? Gets a bit tricky dealing with thieves and pirates. I can trust Silk to some extent, but this sword is worth quite a bit . . . Is it enough for a betrayal? I expect it from him, but I hope not from her.. Pre nods, "hopefully it will be mine, all depends on the amount of cash you are kicking in. What can you tell me about the ship? I am guessing you made a few modifications during your travels? Smuggling holds at a minimum? Hopefully, this goes smoothly. If Pre doesn't sense any trouble he will pull out the sword, "I assume you will want to inspect this exquisite sword?"

Predat may have thought he and Silk were undermanned, but nevertheless it appears they have the captain outnumbered 2 to 1.

"Oh, yes. The main hold has a false bottom and there are smaller concealed holds in the forecastle and below the poop deck. This is probably the fastest ship in the world, but even so, I am willing to throw in up to 200 thousand marks if the merchandise warrants it." OOC: Predat knows that the Guild will expect half the cash, so the takeaway is really 100, 000 marks.

When the sword is offered for inspection the Captain spends a long time staring at it. He brings his face right up to it. He walks 360 degrees around to view it from every angle. He takes nearly 10 minutes to analyze the sword until finally he says, "I suppose it'll do. 100, 000 and the ship."

Before Predat can respond Silk has already refused the offer. "No. 200, 000 and the boat or nothing."

Grimear's eyes suddenly narrow and his jaw sets in a rigid line, but then he smiles and begins to giggle in a high-pitched and unsettling manner. "Fine, you got me. I really, really want it."
Captain Grimear reveals do large chests waiting below deck and then produces the deed to the ship and a quill. "So? Are we doing this. Shall I sign it over or what?"

Notes: Grimear is either very stupid or very powerful as he definitely seems to be alone on the ship.
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Predat » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:04 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 19:

1d20:

Detect Ambush - 1d100:
/ 65%
Streetwise - 1d100:
/ 47%
Surveillance - 1d100:
/ 55%

Pre nods at the talk of secret holds, "Very nice, this seems like a pretty impressive ship."

Pre figures, Hmm, 200 thousand in gold, means the guild will probably take at least half as I am getting the ship. Works for me. He nods to Silk as she is negotiating. That damn sword is talking to him right now. I hope we don't regret this sale.

As the offer is made and the documents prepared Pre speaks, "Then the deal is done." He checks the gold and looks to Silk to ensure the paperwork is correct. If she gives him a nod, he will make his mark wherever necessary. After he signs, Pre is even more cautious as he can't believe this man was here by himself with 200,000 in gold. Pre looks him over, "Good deal and good luck with that weapon. I assume you are on your way out of town? Now that the deal is complete is there anything more I should know about the ship?"
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Hesiod » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Perception: 1d20-5 = 8:

| 1d20:

Hesiod catches sight of Predat and follows him. It takes him some time to catch up to him, trying to navigate the Sea District and lost sight of him a few times.

"Pre. What are you doing here? I saw you a while back and finally caught up to you. This is a nice looking ship. You planning on leaving Llorn already? Did that sword get to you?"

He looks around inspecting the vessel. I don't know anything about ships, but I can tell this one is nice. It just looks better than all the others around.

Hesiod will address the Captian. "Hello there Captain, how do you do? I am Hesiod. Do you have a kitchen and a store room around here? I would be interested to see those rooms. Always like to travel, although the forest is more my style. But I like to see how others do it."
Hesiod

Postby SNAFU » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:21 pm

"Hello there," totally unperturbed by the newcomer, Captain Grimear greets Hesiod. Turning back to Predat, "I wouldn't recommend going anywhere near Bizantium for a good long while. Any other details are in the Ship's Log." He tosses the books to Pre. "Well, if there's nothing else I believe we're done, yes?" Without really waiting the captain turns to the sky and says, "I'm done, let's go."

The captain is suddenly bathed in blue light, he shimmers and turns transparent and then blinks out of existence never to be seen again.

Ship's Log
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Predat » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:48 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 8:

1d20:

Detect Ambush - 1d100:
/ 65%
Streetwise - 1d100:
/ 47%

Pre takes the log book and looks in amazement as the Captain shimmers away, "Damn mages! Why didn't you warn me Silk? Well, how much of a cut is the guild taking this time?" he looks to Hesiod, "Nice of you to finally show up. Just in time to get paid . . ." Pre laughs as they split up the bounty. Not bad we got off pretty easy with this one . . . well at least far as I can tell. Predat will take a good look around the ship, find his quarters and then continue looking around some more. When he gets a second he will flip through the log book.

Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100:
/ 55%
Locate Secret Compartment/Doors - 1d100:
/ 45%
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Hesiod » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:42 am

Perception: 1d20-5 = 3:

| 1d20:

"Now that was an exit. I'm not sure if I should be impressed or concerned about the way he just disappeared." He hesitates a moment and looks around. "So we own a ship, huh? Does that make us residents of Llorn? Landowners? Well, water owners? I guess it's something. Show me around, tell me and show me everything." Hesiod can't read so there is no point in trying to ask for the log book. I wonder if there are pictures? He makes a mental note of the ship and tries to find all it's rooms and familiarize himself with it. He pays special attention to the Galley and any ajoning rooms. Hesiod will ramble on while looking through the ship, "We'll need a storage room for food, and herbs. And a laboratory. I'll need some supplies and maybe even try to grow some herbs for cooking and, well other uses. This should work out well. We'll need a dark damp room for some things, we'll need some natural light and a breeze for others. This is interesting. And where to sleep? We'll have to make this more akin for a Druid. I almost completely forgot about the Hound!" Hesiod shows the hound around the ship as well, petting him and seeing where it might be best for him to have a place of his own. "Where is Alric? Surely he'll hate this and come up with many sour things to point out. I can't wait to hear what he thinks about this!"

"Wait, Predat? What kind of coin did we get for the transaction? Where are we going to keep it? Will we need guards? Is this thing operational? We'll need seamen, or seawomen, maybe even sea Wolfen, or sea maidens... Security seems more your department. Are we safe here?"

Hesiod's mind starts to race about all the worries and concerns they just took on. How will this work?
Hesiod

Postby Predat » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:31 am

Rolls as above

Pre nods to Hesiod, "Yes it looks like we are the owners of a nice sailing vessel. Well you can tell that the main mast is missing, so this boat won't be moving away from dock for a bit. Repairs are already paid for and dock fees are covered for a year. As of now we have no crew. I was thinking of using some of our funds and hire a cook/caretaker for the boat. Meals when we are here and someone to keep an eye out when we are away. What do you think? Silk, you know of any old comrades that may need a job?" As Pre looks around, "Nice mutt you have there. As to growing herbs, I assume you will need to do it up here on deck. For a lab, I am sure you could close off a section of the hold for that purpose. Just don't burn down the ship. I am sure the galley has a storage area for food. As I set up the transaction and don't need a lab, I am taking the Captains quarters for my room." At least I'll get a little privacy.. "What do you mean make it more Druid friendly? You are on the water, how much closer to nature can you get than that? As to security for this kind of cash . . . No, it isn't secure. However, I plan on spending a big chunk of my loot, so mine won't be here very long.. Thinking, "I haven't seen Alric in a while."
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Predat » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:25 pm

Rolls as above

Predat says, "I believe we received 200,000 in eastern gold, however, the guild is going to take their cut before we get ours." He whispers, "I am guessing we will have about 100,000 after all is said and done, so 50,000 each. Pretty good result even though we only received a fraction of the sword's worth. At least we are alive to enjoy it." I am a bit surprised nobody tried to take it from us, but we did move on this deal pretty fast. Thank Panath that Silk was around! As he looks around the ship, "We will have to find a crew when she is seaworthy again, but in the meantime I plan on learning a bit about sailing from whoever I can. You probably should too. This also gives me an excuse to finally learn how to swim."
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Hesiod » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:34 am

"50,000 marks is more than I have ever seen in my lifetime. I am sure you are correct that the sword is worth more. Yes, maybe spending it is the best way to keep it from being stolen, and in a quick manner. I still don't trust anyone or anyplace in this city. Maybe that will change at some point, but I don't see it changing anytime soon. I do have some things I need to spend some coin on. I don't mind cooking, I enjoy it. But we should have a caretaker or someone we can trust to keep an eye on the place. Maybe I can get another hound, but one more suited as a guard dog. I was thinking about getting a Hunting dog in addition to this wonderful bloohound as well. We'll just need to figure out how to feed all these animals and any staff we get for the ship. This is exciting! I agree, you should take the captains quarters. We don't have to figure it out now, but I can help navigate a bit at least help in that department as I can follow the stars and understand how that kind of thing works, but not specifically to naval and seas navigation. We'll need a crew. Wow, maybe a crew of animals too..." Hesiod trails off thinking about what kind of animals would be best on a ship.
Hesiod

Postby Hesiod » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:13 pm

Perception: 1d20-5 = -2:

| 1d20:

Hesiod returns from the Three Ring Circus with his new Mountain cub. He stops by the market to purchase enough food for the animals for a day. He introduces the Mountain Cub with the Hound and takes time to play with them. Trying to form a bound with the two as well as the now group of three. After feeding both the animals and showing them around the ship, letting the Mountain Lion cub smell and check the scent of anything he wants. After a bit Hesiod goes to a quiet and private part of the ship and casts Familiar Link (55 PPE) with the Mountain Lion cub.
Hesiod

Postby SNAFU » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:04 pm

Silk confirms Predats assumption. "Yes, the guild expected 100 000 for the boat, that's why we demanded more, haha. I don't think the captain was a mage... I know as much as you guys do about what just happened."

The Ship's Log is written in Northern for it's first 30 or so pages. The last ten are written in elvish. Rough sketches in the first part indicate it's more of a builder's log. The second part has numbers and such typical of navigation notes.

When they check the various secret holds they find:
  • 20 cases of Wolfen Vodka (180 bottles; contraband)
  • 300 m of rolled Wolfen Leather
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Predat » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:23 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 19:

1d20:

Detect Ambush - 1d100:
/ 65%
Streetwise - 1d100:
/ 47%

Pre nods to Silk, "Well I guess that chest is yours. I owe you a few drinks for setting this up my old friend, so drop by the ship when you get a chance. No, we won't be drinking this wolfen concoction, we will go out and get some good stuff. Oh and let me know if you have any ideas for a caretaker?" He pauses for a moment, "If you still keep in touch with that other guild, let them know our deal is still intact. I don't plan on taking any assignments in town, but If I do, I will cut them in for a percentage."

He looks to Hesiod, "If you want to do the cooking that would be great. I could never pick up that skill. I can whip up something to survive on, but it never tastes very good. Hey my contact here in town suggested we stop off at this noble's house soon. He may have some related work for us. Meet me here tomorrow evening and we can head over to check it out." Pre drops the log book off in his new quarters and gets some sleep. First thing in the morning he does some shopping.
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Hesiod » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Perception: 1d20-5 = -3:

| 1d20:

to Predat, "Sounds good. See you in the morning. Regarding a caretaker, I am not sure. How does one find a trustworthy perosn in such a horrible place with so many people living on top of each other?" Hesiod goes off to his room for a bit and then heads out to run some errands.

He meets Predat in the morning and follow him wherever he goes.

((regarding the familiar link? All is done?))
Hesiod

Postby Predat » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:13 pm

Rolls as above

Pre nods to Hesiod, "Well let's get going, I need to do some shopping." And pick up a little poison from a very dangerous character. Pre heads off the ship and back to the Low District.

To Venner the Herbalist :twisted: :lol:
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Predat » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:57 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 18:

JiC: 1d20:
1d100:

Pre backtracks a half a dozen times before he actually heads to his boat to ensure he isn't being followed.

Surveillance - 1d100:
/ 62%
Streetwise - 1d100:
/ 53%
Prowl - 1d100:
/ 87%

Once he is onboard, Pre walks the boat to ensure nothing is amiss. If nothing is wrong he then goes to the Captain's cabin and get's suited up in his gear. See Character sheet. Wish I would have had this armor last night. Pre again walks the boat. Can't wait till this thing is repaired. It is going to be a joy to take it out to sea. He leaves the boat and picks up his mount, Hey Stupid. After which he will quickly head to The Weary Journeyman.
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Hesiod » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:12 pm

Perception: 1d20-5 = -2:

| 1d100:

Hesiod leaves the Lycien Pier after his tour and heads directly for the High Spirits. Along with his hound and mountain lion cub he looks around to make sure that everything is okay, and walks around the entire ship.

I really need to get some new armor, and by the looks of it the Archon is giving out things. Couldn't hurt to ask. Couldn't hurt to bring this ship to the pier if that is even a possibility. Hesiod checks his little cabin and the secret hold to make sure everything is where it should be.

"Damn, I forgot to get some Whiskey before I left."
Hesiod

Postby Erva » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:39 pm

TIME & DATE: 07:48, 04/05/345
CLIMATE: Cool, Light Breeze, Clear Sky
VISIBILITY: Clear outside, dark and damn inside
TERRAIN: Interior, Llorn (Urban)
LEY LINE: No
TIME PASSED: variable

[Predat]
Predat treks around the docks several times scoping the place out and does notice something is amiss when he walks onto the ship. It is eerily quiet on the ship; when he goes down into the hull to investigate his keen eyes catch that a few of the crates have been moved and placed in almost the same exact spots only slightly off. Predat gets a sinking feeling about the smuggler's hold; rushes to the secret entrance and finds it slightly ajar. Upon further investigation, he finds that everything seems to still be there but that the hold was opened and scoured through by something or someone.

He secures the entrance and goes to the Captain's Quarters to put his armor on; when he is done strapping up he feels the personal touch of a blade to his throat and a slight whisper of a voice "Got ya." The Eandroth Assassin wastes no time and whips around with his blade in hand to find no one is in the room but now he has a shrinking feeling he is being watched.

[Hesoid]
Hesoid arrives at the High Spirits after Predat and sees the secret hold has been secured (he does not know that it was by Predat nor that it was previously opened). Figuring everything is okay, the druid goes to his smaller cabin to check on that and doesn't see anything out of the ordinary.

[Both]
Predat hears the padded footsteps of someone on deck after his encounter with the unseen assailant. It is plausible that it could be anyone, but it makes most sense to the Eandroth's mind that it is not the person who spoke to him; he wouldn't make noise like that would he? Predat hears the footsteps go down into the hold.
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."

Player Characters: Echo (Spook Squad)
Erva
Game Master

Postby Predat » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 5:

1d100:

Pre looking over the slightly moved crates and entrance to his smuggler's hold, What in the Abyss? Someone has already been wandering the ship. At least nothing is missing as far as I can tell. Pre secures the door to the hold, gives a once over of the ship and heads to his quarters. When he is done suiting up:

Erva wrote:he feels the personal touch of a blade to his throat and a slight whisper of a voice "Got ya."

Pre's training is the only thing that hold's him in place. Rurga's ass, who got that close to me, but he sees no one as he pulls his blade out. He wouldn't admit it, but Pre is a little creeped out. Pre tries to place the whispered voice.

Intelligence - 1d100:
/ 69% (Recognize the voice)
Blindfighting - 1d100:
/ 67% (Is someone here)

Pre focuses on using his other senses, "Whoever you are, this is the last ship you should mess with. Nice move though. Now, who are you? I can feel you." Can't be the cult. I had no affiliation with the Archon until last night. No way they could know, or could they?

If nothing, Pre hears footsteps on deck, so he goes up and checks it out. It better be Hesiod as he is the only one who lives here besides me. "Hesiod is that you?"
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Hesiod » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:19 pm

Perception: 1d20-5 = -4:

| 1d100:

"Hesiod is that you?"

"Predat? Yes, I came back to check on a few things. Wanted to make sure the ship didn't burn down with all that is going on. I was worried about it. Where you doing the same thing?"

He goes on if possible, "Maybe we should ask the Archon and see if we can move the ship to eh Lycein Pier? Or maybe it would be best to keep this between the two of us?" Hesiod stops to consider things a bit. "What do you think about all this? I can't believe that we're now a part of a guild, we slept at the Temple of Vald Tegor, and they gave us those Bone Spears, which by my limited knowledge of such things are close to priceless. One night in the wrong place and everything happened so fast. Even this ship, really. It's so much to get my head around when I stop a second and think about it. What do you think about the stuff in the cargo hold? I was thinking about taking some of the leather and either trading it in for some armor, or using it and finding someone to make some armor our of it for me. My current armor is a disaster. But what is someone figures out it's from the Wolfen? Maybe it's okay now due to the news we have heard, or maybe it's worse? I can't tell right now, what the best thing to do is. And when I think there is some pirate running around with a truly evil rune sword, well, I feel like I need a drink, a few drinks to be sure."

Hesiod shakes his head after all the questions and thoughts in his head. I need to find some smoke weed too. This is all so much to let settle down. A drink and a smoke is in order for sure.
Hesiod

Postby Erva » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:32 am

Conditions Unchanged

Conversations happen as intended.
Bone Spears
(Predat currently has two bone spears wrapped; Tatyana and Anselme took one each.)

Predat does not recognize the voice however he can tell it was male and most likely human but not one he has heard before. There is no one else in the room and when he addresses Hesoid, the druid walks in. When Hesoid blatantly mentions the wolfen goods in the smugglers hold, after finding it unsecured and his little phantom encounter, Predat's sense of unease increases but he is still positive no one is on the ship.

When the two leave the captains quarters on the bridge, Predat is able to find a small parchment he did not see when he first boarded the ship. This parchment matches the insignia of his Thieves Guild contact, but it wasn't her voice and surely he can best her in stealth. He can rule her out as being the one who poked him in the captain's quarters and knows that notes like these are not to be taken lightly. The note is addressed to Predat in Thieves Guild cipher-text. Predat cannot decipher it immediately but it is of importance if it is encoded, so he figures he must read it soon.

The two are standing on the bridge, Predat still has the feeling of being watched, Hesoid is thinking of weed.

Whatchado?
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."

Erva
Game Master

Postby SNAFU » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Mini-Update

Suddenly and without warning, Hesiod succumbs to Vermil Madness. The sniveling addict with a cowardly soul tears of his clothes and equipment and dives into the Inland Sea. He powers through the water with such mad ferocity he is long out of sight before anyone even notices the completely unlikeable slouch has gone aquatic. He is never heard from again.
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Predat » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:17 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 7:

1d100:

Pre considers, Damnit, who was that? Pretty impressive skills though and if he wanted me dead he could have slit my throat. Pre is still wary and concerned as he still feels eyes upon him. However, after some careful recon, No one is here! What in the abyss . . . "Panath guide me!"

He sees the note and grabs it, tries to keep it hidden, on there way out of the cabin.

Concealment - 1d100:
/ 61%

Looks like it's from Silk. Coded, huh, she hasn't done this in a while. I need to ditch Hesiod, so I can decipher it.

Listening to Hesiod, whoa, he is all over the place. As he starts to respond, he sees Hesiod leap over the rail into the water. "What in the Abyss is he doing?" He watches him swim off. "Ahh, I'll see you later I guess? That is one strange human!!"

Pre takes out the note and tries to break it down.

Streetwise - 1d100:
/ 57%
Intelligence - 1d100:
/ 69%
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erva » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:55 am

After watching Hesiod take off, Predat decides to turn his attention to the encrypted note only to find his current area far to distracting. What with Hesiod's abandonment, the phantom blade and the disturbed cargo bay, the Eandroth Assassin does not feel safe or comfortable on the ship anymore. It is then he hears the loud sounds of metal and padded footsteps approach the docks.

"Random Ship Inspection! Stay Your Ground!" Predat hears from two ships over and watches as roughly a dozen of the city guard walk on a ship. He can see them plain as day, they are not hiding by any means. Three of the guard talk with the crew and the others search the ship and Predat feels his gut wrench at the possibility of his beautifully white ship, which sticks out like a sore thumb, being next. Gold can only buy him protection for so long.

Failing to find a safe and secret place to secure the note, he holds it or simply places it on his belt while he determines his next move.

Erva
Game Master

Postby Predat » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 13:

1d100:

Pre tucks the message away in his belt, Hmm, a random inspection, that is convenient! Pre tries to remember the penalties for possessing Wolfen vodka and leather.

Streetwise - 1d100:
/ 57%
Military Etiquette - 1d100:
/ 77%
Intelligence - 1d100:
/ 69%

Pre checks the secret hold and ensures it is sealed up and double checks to make sure he knows what is in there. He then does a quicks search of the boat to make sure nothing else in amiss or that nothing else has been added.

/ 57%
Concealment - 1d100:
/ 61%
/ 67%

He says to himself, "What are the odds of having a random ship search? Probably looking for that Wolfen gold?"
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erva » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:43 am

Conditions Unchanged

A few minutes later...

From his experience with the guard, Predat remembers the price to pay for having Wolfen coin and goods is high, treason high. That said, with the supposed truce Predat keeps hearing about from backwater and unofficial channels, who knows if the price to pay is as high as it was before but because nothing is official... Deciding not to leave it to fate, the assassin does his best to secure the compartment and conceal it after taking a thorough inventory of its contents.
New Cargo Contents after thorough inspection
~1,000lbs of Wolfen Leather
48 cases of Wolfen Vodka/Ale
Large Ornate Chest Filled with wolfen coin and a smaller chest inside
Smaller chest contains;
~10lbs of Wolfen special gems and stones
10 unique Wolfen amulets/carvings**

Regardless of any conversation, attempting to exchange or remove any of the current contents would result in treason at the moment.

After concealing it properly, he rightly concludes the only way someone would find it is if they knew it was there or they did an extremely close inspection and Predat recalls random inspections aren't always that precise unless they have an ulterior motive. Feeling safe that they would have no real cause to search his ship and that the contents are properly secured, the assassin feels content enough to move on.

Erva
Game Master

Postby Predat » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:58 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 7:

1d100:

Pre considers the situation, Well this sucks, I didn't see the coins, gems and carvings when we initially did the inspection. That is what I get for not looking through all the leather and all the vodka crates. Pre looks around on deck, Well this could be bad as someone was onboard and searching my ship. Fortunately, truth works for me for once, I had no idea these things were here and I didn't bring them to Llorn. A mage or a psychic will be able to see the truth of it. It will be amusing to see them squirm when they realize they need to find a psychic with enough clearance with Llorn and the brigade to be able to look in my head. Pre smiles his feral grin. These things are hidden as well as I can make them. Let see if I can find Silk.

Pre leaves the ship and heads to The Weary Journeyman (See previous, but now edited, post). As he walks by the guards he says, "Good day gentleman." He then mounts Hey Stupid and heads off.
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Predat » Tue May 29, 2018 8:10 pm

Perception: 1d100:
/ 45%
1d100:

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness.

Pre boards his ship, looks around carefully and gives it a thorough search.

/ 77% (Obvious)
Detect Ambush - 1d100:
/ 92% (also obvious)
/ 57% (In case Pre missed anything)
Sailing - 1d100:
/ 62/52% (to check his boat)

I'm glad she was moved to the guild, but who knows who has been on her since this crap started raining down on us and the city. Pre gives her one last look and heads out to the Weary Journeyman.

viewtopic.php?f=868&t=14478&start=100
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to Llorn Location Threads