Interest in an EPIC

EU's very first group of intrepid adventurers. Led by Sir Ronith Turand.
GM: Virtus
AGM: Zoe Barenger
#2 POST RATE

Moderators: Game Masters, Group Leaders

Options for an EPIC

1. No EP buy in, stay with group, no double dipping. Massive Group Arc with other groups
No votes
2. EP Buy in, seperated from existing group, double dipping PC. Massive Arc with varied groups
50%
3. Not interested in an Epic / Keep normal story-arc.
50%

Total votes : 8

Interest in an EPIC

Postby Zoe Barenger » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:33 am

Hello Heroes, as you are all aware, there has been talk on the grapevine about an Epic. This poll is to see what interest the members of H4H have and such. If you have any comments about an EPIC, I can bring it to the Cabal, otherwise just cast your vote.
Heroes for Hire AGM

Do not PM this account; PM Underguard.
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master

Re: Interest in an EPIC

Postby Dark Lord » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:40 am

My priorities on this subject in descending order of importance:

1) I'm digging the long-term arc Virtus has us on, and don't want to delay that with an unrelated epic.
2) I think it's pretty clear from our post rates lately that running the full group in two adventures at once is a non-starter. Better to do one game well than two games poorly.
3) Call me sentimental, but Ronith has been in every epic (at least a little) EU has ever had. I'd hate to see that streak come to an end.
4) My level of enthusiasm/excitement for the epic is going to depend a bit on a) who's running the show (calling the final shots- I think the current approach is a little too decentralized to be viable for the long-haul), and b) how good a narrative they have for us.
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Dime Store Magic » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:57 am

This was a tough poll to answer. I definitely don't want to disrupt the current adventure. I voted for the buy in option as the least disruptive.

What I'd like to see is a series of adventure hooks, at least 1 per active group. The hooks can occur somewhat concurrently, but each one is taking in order (meaning the first group ready to take a hook takes #1, the second takes #2, etc...) ultimately culminating in a canon/lore changing event, the last hook may be a cross over event, but could just be whomever is available and may occur a few years from now.

It probably needs to change Merc-Town, destroys part of the town takes out major players creating a power vacuum, maybe something gets added.

But assuming that's 'too big', then some hand-wavium to get characters from different groups in two places at once.
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby Ashlynn » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:57 am

I might be interested in an Epic with other characters, but not Ashlynn.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68

TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Return to Heroes for Hire (Independent, 0 Openings)