JiC: 1d20:
1d100:

Detect Ambush - 1d100:
/ 65%
Streetwise - 1d100:
/ 47%
Surveillance - 1d100:
/ 55%

Predat walks back into the Weary Journeyman looking for trouble and then for Silk, and maybe Hesiod if he is around. If he sees her he will head to her table and take a seat. Hopefully, this goes smoothly. "Hi Silk, what is the word? I'm starting to get a little paranoid carrying this thing around. Worried I'm going to have to kill somebody over it." He winks at her with a reptilian grin. If a waitress comes by he will order a drink and some grub. "So where and when can we get this deal done."

If she isn't around he will sit and order a drink and some food. As always he keeps a wary eye on his surroundings.
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Re: 4) The Weary Journeyman

Postby SNAFU » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:53 am

As soon as Predat enters the tavern he notices a small boy get up and leave. He recognizes the boy as one of Silk's little helpers so all he needs to do is wait. And it isn't long. Silk runs in, "Let's go! To the docks! It's now or never. Where's that other guy? Hate to do this with just two." She leads you to the berth of the High Spirits.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Thorgrim » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:35 am

Per: 1d20+3 = 8:

/ 1d100:

Thorgrim makes arrangements at the Weary Journeyman in order to have his horse and dogs fed and kept with his wagon in the stables at the the Inn, in addition to his own room and board. As he intends to stay for an extended period, he makes arrangements to have his 'tab' settled from his account at Werringtons. After such an adventure, I believe I'm entitled to three weeks of drinking and wenching, methinks...
"Finally...,"Thor says to the closest barmaid,"I'll take an ale, or two, or three, woman and a plate of warm food... and your company if you're interested" the barbarian closes with a smile.
The grim and somber barbarian settles down for three weeks of debauchery and merriment at the Weary Journeyman, until it comes time to visit the Von'Lycien estate.

Thorgrim is eager to be about some kind of business as even three weeks of boozing and womanizing can become dreary for him without Adventure, perhaps?! Finally!
The barbarian meticulously prepares his things and packs his wagon to leave for the estate. He instructs the Inn keeper before leaving, "I'll be on my way for now, but may return again if my duties keep me in the area, and lodging is not provided. In any case, I'd appreciate you holding onto my room for me in case of my return tonight." Thor tosses the Inn keeper a Dross as a sign of his appreciation, heads outside, and jumps in to his wagon before driving it up to the Von'Lycien estate for the meeting.
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 49/49
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Weapons
Rock's Axe, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
Thorgrim

Postby Predat » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:12 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 23:

1d100:

Pre again double back down many alleys to see if he is being followed. Pre ties up his mount out front and hurries into the bar. He removes his helmet and heads to the bartender, "Mead and some breakfast in the back room." Quieter, he says, "Please get word to Silk that I'd like to see her as soon as possible." He gives the man 25 gold to emphasize his point. Pre heads to the back room and eats his breakfast slowly.

Surveillance - 1d100:
/ 67%
Streetwise - 1d100:
/ 57%
Detect Ambush - 1d100:
/ 77%
Track Humanoids - 1d100:
/ 67%

Pre takes out the note and tries to break it down. Now, what is the abyss does this thing say.

Streetwise - 1d100:
/ 57%
Intelligence - 1d100:
/ 69%
Literacy: Elven - 1d100:
/ 47%
/ 47%
/ 47%
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Predat » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:13 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 14:

1d100:

Pre takes in the room as he enters, sees the guards and the run down bartender. What is going on here?. He is eating his food, it has been a long day, as he takes out the note to decipher.

Pre almost laughs when he finally deciphers the note, figures!

As Silk enters he responds quietly, "Hey old friend, I had some issues while on my boat. Kept me distracted a bit." My mystery ghost! "Yes I see them. Who are they guarding? I am guessing whoever it is, they are high maintenance. Just look at poor Joe."

"What do you know about what went on tonight? They had suicidal exploding assassins. That was a first for me. And someone released a greater elemental on the Barracks. What in the abyss is going on? We hear it is a cult and we also hear that our favorite poisons maker, Venner, may be involved. What do you know and what can the guild find out? I and sure our patron will pay for good info. What do you know of this Archon anyway?"
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erva » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:32 am

GM Post
Post for 6/18/17) wrote:
Current Time: 09:20am
Weather Conditions: Clear skies
Interior Lighting: Lit, dark
All other conditions constant

When Predat leaves the docks, he feels slightly more secured as one of the guards he addressed on his way out recognized him. While Predat couldn't place the guard's name, he feels more at ease that his ship is safe at least for today. He has the sinking feeling he should move it soon to not tempt fate.

When he arrives at the Weary Journeyman his keen eyes take in the scenes and he immediately notices how slow it is, even for the morning it still sees usual traffic for breakfast and lunch, plus the people who stay at the inn leaving. He has not seen a single person come from downstairs since he entered and there is two armored guards sitting at the bar.

The bartender takes his request and Predat shows himself to the back with his meal, he noticed the bartender look exhausted. While waiting for Silk, he begins to try to decipher the note he received. His first attempts at deciphering the note are faulty and he almost thinks it is a different language from elven and eastern, but then it finally clicks in his mind and he can see the note clearly. It is an a simple message he wishes he'd read earlier. 'Stay clear of the Weary Journeyman for awhile, new player in town. ~Silk' Predat then remembers the guards he saw.

As he finishes the note, he smells the familiar aroma of his contact and looks up as the door to the back room shuts with her in it less than 10 minutes after he arrived. "Next time you get one of these, decipher it first." Silk states, taking the note from the table and setting it on the candle next to them to burn away the note. "You saw the soldiers?" She asks the obvious question in a quiet tone.

A few minutes later...

Once Predat finishes, he notices her slightly nodding her head. "Llorn is a shit show right now, no idea what caused it all. The largest issue we're concerned with right now is that there is a new player in town, trying to usurp The Man. One of our thieves ran into him while trying to get a lead on Venner and was left a babbling mess. He was muttering about ghosts, voices and his eyes failing him. This leads us to believe that Venner is in on this new player, and since that encounter Venner has gone to ground. His last confirmed location was The Skadge, Llorn's infamous prison." She states and once Predat has all the information, she continues.

"Those soldiers are here because the bartender mumbled about seeing ghosts and hearing whispers in the walls -- we think there is a connection. We just cannot pin this new guy down." She says with a hint of frustration. Predat knows that Silk is a skilled tracker, as are many in the guild, so if they can't pin him down it's an issue. Before too long after her gruff of frustration, she continues.

"That all said, our information on other events is sketchy at best, due in part to the new guy that is distracting us. The elemental was a greater, but not much else is know. It couldn't have been summoned in Llorn so we think it was brought here, but that is a route that should be addressed, The Followers of Rurga would be a strong ally. Also there is the demon and suicide bombers -- we think they were magical in nature but our knowledge ends there. " She pauses and takes a drink before continuing "As for the Archon, he is a mystery and his trail goes cold outside of Llorn, but on the outside, he has Llorn's interests at heart. We're working profiles for the others you are associating with but there is so much going on right now, our network is stretched." She finishes shaking her head.

She takes a moment to study the Eandroth before asking "What are you doing from your angle?"
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."

Player Characters: Echo (Spook Squad)
Erva
Game Master

Postby Predat » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:12 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 18:

1d100:

Pre listens to the full rundown from Silk, Hmm, so these events have surprised everyone. The guild must be pissed! Quietly he says, "Well for one, we are going to investigate Venner more deeply. Thanks for the location, Why in the Abyss would he be in the Skadge? I guess it is a decent hideout, but still. We think Venner is a Thanatos agent and that your guild has been infiltrated by Thanatos agents, So right now, you are the only member of the guild that I fully trust. Keep an eye out for cult activity. Some morons are trying to wake Netosa. Those are the ones we are trying to find. Bad, bad news." Pre gives her a rundown of the other tips he received from the fellowship. "Watch you ass Silk! Ghost and voices huh? What is that about?"

Demon & Monster Lore - 1d100:
/ 51%
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erva » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:03 am

Conditions Unchanged

A few moments have passed...

Silk nods in agreement to Predat's assessment. "Venner is the guild's priority, and I agree. I'll save face and keep an eye on our network with the guild to check for infiltration." She scoffs when Predat mentions Netosa. "What are with these fools and trying to bring back the dark ages." She almost laughs at the ridiculous question and then her face grows serious at the mention of the ghosts and voices.

"To be more direct, we think that, whoever this new guy is is causing it. The operative tailing him was one of my own protege's, Skye, not the weak-minded type. Skye was talking about seeing more than one. He saw a shadow move through a wall and another simply vanish. He saw his target split into four, each heading a different direction. We think whoever this bastard is can make you see things, make you see ghosts. At one point, Skye felt a knife to his back but there was no one near him when he moved, and a voice that said Got you." She pauses before adding "Skye is temporarily relieved from duty." She finishes and Predat does recognize the name Skye as a fairly skilled Elven thief. He also feels a chill down his spine, not from fear but from a realization that the image of what happened to Skye is almost a copy of what happened to him on the boat.

"If Venner or Thanatos has is in league with someone who can do that, things are getting complicated." She adds, breaking Predat's thoughts.
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."

Erva
Game Master

Postby Predat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:01 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 10:

1d100:

Pre nods, "Yep, some people are idiots! Netosa of all things!" We had better be able to stop them!! "don't be too hard on Skye, I had a run in with it on my boat. Felt a blade and heard 'got you'. Didn't notice or see anyone near me. Damn sneaky and spooky, but no ghosts or other images. A few things were moved around on the boat though." Pre shakes his head, "I don't know, regardless of the knife it didn't feel all that threatening. Damn sure hope it is not on the cult's side. Well we will look into Venner, please keep me informed on him and this new player in town. Watch your ass Silk!!"

As he finishes with the food he will head out to the Lycinean Pier.

Again he will double back multiple times looking for tails and problems.

Detect Ambush - 1d100:
/ 77%
Streetwise - 1d100:
/ 57%
Surveillance - 1d100:
/ 67%
Prowl - 1d100:
/92%
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erva » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:51 am

Conditions Unchanged

Silk simply nods at Predats final remark, "You too" is all she says before she gets up and leaves, leaving Predat with his food. He finishes moments later and leaves the Weary Journeyman. He notices the guards are still there but their backs are too him when he leaves; he makes it to the Pier without any tail.

Erva
Game Master

Postby Predat » Tue May 29, 2018 8:21 pm

Perception: 1d100:
/ 45%
1d100:

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness.

Detect Ambush - 1d100:
/ 92%
Streetwise - 1d100:
/ 67%
Surveillance - 1d100:
/ 72%

Predat walks back into the Weary Journeyman looking for trouble and then looking for Silk. He heads over tot he barkeep, "Can you send word to Silk that I'd love to have a chat with her?" He drops 10 gold coins on the bar. "I'll take an ale and some stew, if there is any available." He sits around an waits for her to show. Hmm, I wonder if Venner escaped. If anyone could it would be him. He will eat, if his food and ale show up. As always he keeps a wary eye on his surroundings.
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:17 pm

A shadow appears at his side,

"Hey oldtimer, I hear your famous now. Hero of the Realm, and all that." Silk slips into the booth across from him.

"Heads up from the Man, there's going to be a lot of 'work' coming up. Between the refugee influx from the Old Kingdom and the Duke's 'world-class blow-out' we expect a lot of outside operators trying elbow in on the bounty.

News on Thanatos, turns out Venner was double-crossing them too. He's still on the loose and wanted by them and us. The Man wants to deal with Thanatos. They're operative in town is called Duske, he's been seen around town, we think Venner would be a good bargaining chip to open up negotiations. The problem is Venner's disappeared, last known address: The Lucky Lady."
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Predat » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Perception: 1d100:
/ 45%
1d100:

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness.

Pre smiles at that, "Yea that is what they are saying. They don't know me well. That damn dragon just pissed me off." Silk know that Pre rarely backs down even when the most accomplished warriors would.

Pre nods, "That is what I figured. Warned that crew I'm hanging with to watch their backs out there. Never know who will be coming for them. As to that, can you spread the word, I'll pay for information on any who are making serious inquisitions into me or that crew i'm with. I seriously don't think many in that crew understand what may happen next." They can handle themselves, but when troubles come from the shadows, you never know. "I know you understand."

"So Venner made it out. I knocked that bastard out early in the fight and I wasn't sure he escaped the dragon fires. I may have to check in at the Lucky Lady.
Is Ravenlocke still running the place?"

Streetwise - 1d100:
/ 71% On Ravenlocke and the Lucky Lady
Predat Tor

Wearing his Shadow Armor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Previous

Return to Llorn Location Threads