The South Gate

The Low District lies south of the Grand Canal and is home to the poor.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The South Gate

Postby Netosa » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:50 pm

The city is surrounded by a 40' tall, 25' thick curtain wall and patrolled by sentries at all times.

The gate is an immense stone affair with numerous portcullis, murder holes, and wards.

The South Gate is on the southeast wall and leads into the Sprawl.

Each gatehouse has a contingent of soldiers never fewer than 15, that includes a pair of sorcerers (typically Wizards, Warlocks or Psi-Mystics) and a mid-level (4-7) Mind Mage. In addition, there are three scribes responsible for recording each traveler's name, and their business in Llom, as well as, the collecting the entrance tax, and issuing visitor passes.
  • Entrance Tax: 20 gold
  • Weapon License: 15 gold per weapon per day.
  • Magic Practitioner Registry: 250 gold (a pass is provided to gain entry to the High District).
  • Psionics Registry: 150 gold (a pass is provided to gain entry to the High District).
Residents of Llorn are not required to pay the entrance tax.
AGM PFRPG
User avatar
Netosa
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:35 pm
Location: PFRPG AGM

Re: The South Gate

Postby Augur » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:47 pm

Conditions:
Date: 6 May, 345
Time: 0230
Environment: Night, darkness has fallen
Location: 15 miles south-southwest Llorn


The group sees the watch fires atop the South Gate long before they see the city walls themselves such is the dark of night. Finally, upon arrival, the group is hailed by the watch themselves. Once identified, the guards open the gate wide enough to allow the group to pass through the gates. The gates are quickly shut behind them.

GM NOTES:
  • Orc 7 is alive, unarmed, and bound & gagged.
    Thorgrim: recovers 4 H.P./day for the first two days and 8 H.P./day for three more days
    Trask: recovers 4 H.P./day for the first two days and 8 H.P./day for three more days


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
  • Trask: -57 S.D.C., -16 H.P.; -2 I.S.P.; exhausted: -1/2 to all combat stats
  • Fox: -14 S.D.C.; -60 I.S.P.; exhausted: -1/2 to all combat stats
  • Tatyana: AoI popped, -20 P.P.E.; exhausted: -1/2 to all combat stats
  • Thorgrim: -54 S.D.C. to Scale Mail; -113 S.D.C., -1 H.P.; exhausted: -1/2 to all combat stats
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The South Gate

Postby Fox » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 5 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC%: 1d100 = 98

Fox treats the Orc so he will be in shape to travel. We make our way to the city through the dark night, barely avoiding trouble more than once. It has been a long time since Fox has had to do any lengthy treks like this without resting, but he is determined not to seem weak. With the loss of the Gnome he is now the one that the others are likely to think weakest. This, despite the fact that he killed as many Orcs as any of them and more that most. That magic bow of his is amazing.

When we reach town, he greets the Guard, "Fox the Healer and company, returning from our first Orc hunt, we have ears and a captive for questioning. We also have one dead party member and a number who are hurt to various degrees."

He, for one, will be glad to rest. So much fighting followed by so much healing with his mind magic followed by the trek back has him dead on his feet.

He wonders, now where do we go to find out about the fort the Orcs have appropriated?
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The South Gate

Postby Tolliver Trask » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79/59%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 80
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense (Inactive)


P.P.E.: 10/10 I.S.P.: 38/36
H.P.: 39/23 S.D.C.: 71/14
Mjorgullan Mail A.R.: 12 S.D.C.: 40/40
Soupcon S.D.C.: 25/25
Tower Shield of the Hex • Indestructible



As Trask approaches the gates, he looks to the nightwatch. "Got one of your Orc raiders for the noose." Trask says giving the rope a yank. "So would you like to take him off our hands or do I need to drag him somewhere before I can seek healing?" Trask asks with the kind of authority he is use to using in the Red Brigade. If they want the Orc, Trask gladly hands the animal over, if not Trask leads the orc to wherever he's told to take him.

Before Trask leaves from the group. "First I would like to take Jakken to the mortuary for burial, the least i can do for a brother. I'm also going to make my way to the church and get healing. I then think I will come back to the inn for rest." Trask says bruskly.

Trask will make his way to the Temple District, to get Jakken's body dealt with, before looking to get healed of his wounds. Once this has happened, Trask will head back to the inn and pass out for several hours. The next day he will hopefully meet up with the others to discuss their next step. Trask will also go shopping, but I will hold off on that list until I know what others are up to.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: The South Gate

Postby Tatyana Singh » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:08 pm

Perception: [57%] 1d100 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 28

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell.

Tatyana relaxes a little as the group approaches the South Gate, still annoyed with herself for the few blunders that where narrowly averted on the way back to the City. The proud female Wolfen stands up straight and tall as they enter the light of the city, determined to let no one see the exhaustion in her body show.

Once inside the walls, she is torn between wanting to see the gnomes remains are treated properly and to see that they are paid for the ears that they all found so hard for. In the end the payment wins out, "I'll take the ears and see we get paid." to herself she thinks, Jakkin would agree, the coin is worth more now, since he is beyond help.
Tatyana will take the ears wherever she is instructed to for payment and puts the coin securely inside her breastplate, once that's done, she heads back to where they are staying. The walk back is mostly filled with her agreeing with herself about having a bath or just going to bed.

If she sees any of the group that stayed in the city, she will give a simply account of the trials and tribulations of their ill-fated excursion. She'll then lock herself in her room, check her hidden money, place the payment money under her pillow and disrobe. Giving a good shake of her entire body to loosen the fur, the Undead hunter will fall into the bed and to sleep. I'll go shopping in the morning, she thinks to herself before slipping into the sweet abyss of sleep.

The Lycinean Pier
Last edited by Tatyana Singh on Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: The South Gate

Postby Augur » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:15 am

Conditions:
Date: 6 May, 346
Time: 0230
Environment: Night, darkness has fallen
Location: 15 miles south-southwest Llorn


The city watch take very rough custody of the prisoner. Trask and his colleagues have a nagging sense of doubt that the orc will survive to its destination. Trask is singled out as the assumed leader, ears are counted (11), and a small coin purse of 1,100 gold is traded for the ears.

GM NOTES:
  • Orc 7 is alive, unarmed, and bound & gagged.
    Thorgrim: recovers 4 H.P./day for the first two days and 8 H.P./day for three more days
    Trask: recovers 4 H.P./day for the first two days and 8 H.P./day for three more days


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
  • Trask: -57 S.D.C., -16 H.P.; -2 I.S.P.; exhausted: -1/2 to all combat stats
  • Fox: -14 S.D.C.; -60 I.S.P.; exhausted: -1/2 to all combat stats
  • Tatyana: AoI popped, -20 P.P.E.; exhausted: -1/2 to all combat stats
  • Thorgrim: -54 S.D.C. to Scale Mail; -113 S.D.C., -1 H.P.; exhausted: -1/2 to all combat stats
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The South Gate

Postby Fox » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:47 am

Perception: 1d100 = 18 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 18
JIC%: 1d20 = 13

While Fox thinks it is unwise to leave the Orc in the hands of those who likely will not appreciate him as an information source, he realizes there is not all that much he can do about it. The guards barely recognize him at Tatyana as not enemies, they are unlikely to listen to advice from us, no matter how good that advice is.

Fox notes that 1100 gold is not going to be enough to pay a temple for proper healing, for those who seek magical aid. Fortunately he can heal himself, and aid his allies to heal, but it will likely still be a long time before everyone is healthy enough to head out again...likely no sooner than a week without magical help.

He says to the others, "We need to rest and heal, to get our armor mended as well. We need to research to find the fortress they are using. We should find our other allies. We need to properly honor Jakkin. We need to outfit for a trip to the enemy fortress. What else?"
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The South Gate

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:01 pm

Per (48%) no longer in a wilderness environment: 1d100 = 70
JiC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 68

Conditions: Healing (via Fox); recovers 4 H.P./day for the first two days and 8 H.P./day for three more days. Exhausted; -1/2 all combat stats.

Fox wrote: ”Fox the Healer and company, returning from our first Orc hunt...”


Thorgim grins sheepishly and looks side-to-side to see if any of his other ‘warrior’ companions that Fox’s statement to the guards was amusing. I didn’t know we were Fox’s assisting troupe? Ha! Fox-the-healer-and-company indeed!

Trask wrote: ”...I'm also going to make my way to the church and get healing. I then think I will come back to the inn for rest.”


Thorgrim leans back in his saddle and nods in interest towards Trask. ”Not sure what ‘church’ you’re talking about my old friend, but would I be able to get the same service? Can I afford it? My bones and joints still ache from that last fight... not feeling 100 percent quite just yet, y’know? I most certainly agree with getting some rest. Back to the Inn of the guild, or the Weary Journeyman?
The barbarian warrior is quite content to lay in a pile of hay, but will insist that they all have a common place to link-back-up after running any required errands.

Fox wrote: ”...We need to rest and heal, to get our armor mended as well...”


Thor raises an armored hand and offers, ”I can go see my friend Thoran, at Goldenbeard Armories, about our repair needs. This may only well take care of mundane and not magic items. Repairs may take time, so I will inquire about replacements, or loaners in the meantime. Depending on what he can do, I will let you all know back at the inn.”
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 49/49
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Scale Mail: AR 15
S.D.C.: 71/125


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: The South Gate

Postby Tolliver Trask » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24/59%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 41
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense (Inactive)


P.P.E.: 10/10 I.S.P.: 38/36
H.P.: 39/23 S.D.C.: 71/14
Mjorgullan Mail A.R.: 12 S.D.C.: 40/40
Soupcon S.D.C.: 25/25
Tower Shield of the Hex • Indestructible




Trask listens to Fox literally repeat half of the information he just said himself and promptly begins to ignore the canine.

Thorgrim wrote:Thorgrim leans back in his saddle and nods in interest towards Trask. ”Not sure what ‘church’ you’re talking about my old friend, but would I be able to get the same service? Can I afford it? My bones and joints still ache from that last fight... not feeling 100 percent quite just yet, y’know? I most certainly agree with getting some rest. Back to the Inn of the guild, or the Weary Journeyman?
The barbarian warrior is quite content to lay in a pile of hay, but will insist that they all have a common place to link-back-up after running any required errands.


Trask nods to the barbarian. "I'm certain if you have the coin they will provide the same healing they give to all." Trask says thinking of how much this endeavor is going to set him back. "I'm actually thinking the Weary Journeyman. They have nice accommodations." Trasks says as he quickly makes a quick check that Jakin's corpse is secured to Garrick.

Thorgrim wrote:Thor raises an armored hand and offers, ”I can go see my friend Thoran, at Goldenbeard Armories, about our repair needs. This may only well take care of mundane and not magic items. Repairs may take time, so I will inquire about replacements, or loaners in the meantime. Depending on what he can do, I will let you all know back at the inn.”


Trask nods. "He does good work, I need another throwing knife I think." Trask says looking to his one empty knife sheath.

Trask makes his way into the city, exhausted as he is.

Temple of Light and Dark
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: The South Gate

Postby Augur » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:25 pm

Recap at the Gates
Fox lays out the group's challenges, and they have a short chat about it while being paid for the ears. First and foremost on their itinerary is laying the dead to rest despite their exhaustion, then they could look after their own needs. Trask leads the way to the mortuary, gets the little warrior his proper rites, then the four of them return to their rooms at the pier where they slowly strip themselves of their blood-soaked armor, and soiled travel clothes, and each beds down for a long, recuperative sleep.

Conditions:
Date: 7 May, 346
Time: 1000
Environment: Late morning, not a cloud in the sky
Location: Llorn


The four awaken from their exhausted stupors, hungry, dirty, and sore, but rested. Trask feels a little weak from his blood loss and injuries, and knows he needs healing, but is otherwise feeling much better and more clear-headed. Tatyana, other than being ravenous, feels fine, if a bit stiff from the extensive forced march. Fox feels as though he's recuperating quite well, he's just a bit sore from the fight, but Thorgrim, while not feeling weak from blood loss like Trask, feels as though he's been trampled by a team of oxen such is the extent of his injuries.

GM Instructions:

GM NOTES:
    Thorgrim: recovers 4 H.P./day for the first two days and 8 H.P./day for three more days
    Trask: recovers 4 H.P./day for the first two days and 8 H.P./day for three more days


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
  • Trask: -57 S.D.C., -12 H.P.
  • Fox: -10 S.D.C.; -40 I.S.P.
  • Tatyana:
  • Thorgrim: -54 S.D.C. to Scale Mail; -110 S.D.C.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The South Gate

Postby Fox » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC%: 1d100 = 18

Fox is going to seek out information, we were told the Orcs lair...if the Orc was honest. He wants to find out if the place described exists. Not having much skill at seeking information, he will fo to the Healer he stayed with when he arrived and ask him where he should seek for information.

If he has time, he will meditate for 6 hours to regain ISP, and if Trask and Thorgrim need it he will continue to aid their healing.

He heads off to where he was staying with his friend

http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=874&t=14521
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The South Gate

Postby Thorgrim » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:52 pm

Per (48%): 1d100 = 63
JiC: 1d100 = 17 / 1d20 = 14

Conditions: Recovers 4 H.P./day for one more day, and 8 H.P./day for three more days.

Thorgrim seems to strain and stretch out a bit with every movement, his muscles unwinding like tightly wound cording. The barbarian warrior dons his Leather of Iron -Now that feels NICE and LIGHT by comparison- gathers his backpack, to include his damaged scale mail, weapons and walks to the Inn’s common dining area - his stomach groaning for fuel. By the ancients, let there be a decent meal ready!
He pulls out a chair and leans back into it, his joints aching as much as the chair’s with his mass testing it’s strength. Thor hails a servant, ”I’ll take whatever may be ready to eat, now I’m not picky, just hungry. I’ll take it, oh, and lots of it. You’ll have my thanks and of course my gold... and if the gods favor us both, perhaps you’ve got a cold pitcher of ale for me too to earn a 2 gold piece tip.” Thor will wolf down the meal as soon as it is presented satiating his hunger and thirst. He tries to make conversation wit the servant around his first mouthful, ”Fine service! Do you know your way around the Temple District? What church offers healing services at a fair price? Any idea?” Thor will make a mental note of the response given. Sipping the last of his drink Thor reviews his tasks ahead of him for the day.

Food and drink; check. Still sore, bruised and pained; visit church. Armor and weapons; Goldenbeard’s place. Information on our next Orcish objective; Thoran may also know something, methinks. More food and drink; hmmm best not to be out all day. I’ll finish my tasks then head back here, perhaps I can catch up with my companions then... wait till Tyral here’s about the mess we’ve been through, he’d scoff around a flute of wine, haha.

As long as Thorgrim didn’t recieve a rancid, foul, skimpy meal OR a vegetarian salad Belimar’s balls! Help the poor soul who would dare serve Thorgrim the mighty a salad for a hearty meal!... Thorgrim will share a generous 5 gold tip with the servant, and asks a favor of them, albeit backed with gold.

Invoke Trust (45%): 1d100 = 98

”Perhaps you or your superior knows of who me and who my companions are, as four of our number arrived late last evening - and surely the others must still be in Llorn. In any case, as you see my compatriots pass through here - please inform them that I’ll be headed first to ‘the church’ for healing, and then off to the marketplace and Goldenbeard Armories for equipment and information before I plan to return here before night. Inform them, if you see them, that I wish to collaborate back here tonight over food and drink. Do this and your good service will see more of my gold.”

Thor will then step off for the temple district to begin his in Llorn.
The Temple District
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 49/49
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Scale Mail: AR 15
S.D.C.: 71/125


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: The South Gate

Postby Augur » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:49 am

The meal is plentiful given the coin he pays, but not of good quality; much the same fare as the previous day when last he ate. However, with the five gold service fee, he finds the server to be more than accommodating to his wishes and agreeable to his request.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey


Return to Low District (a.k.a. "The Sprawl")

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest