4) The Weary Journeyman

The Low District lies south of the Grand Canal and is home to the poor.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

4) The Weary Journeyman

Postby Netosa » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:42 pm

Weary Journeyman

Image

The Weary Journeyman is a four story wood and stone building strategically located along Victory Way. Although not as luxurious as some of the inns in the Merchant District, the Weary Journeyman makes up for it in services provided to new arrivals to Llorn. In addition to the usual services and accommodations for a three star inn, the Weary Journeyman also provides a guide to the city at only a minimal cost

Prices:
  1. Travel anywhere in the city (1 way; 2 Marks - 2GP)
  2. Travel anywhere in the city (Entire Day; 2 Dross - 20GP)
Netosa
 

Re: 4) The Weary Journeyman

Postby Durak » Thu May 09, 2019 3:49 am

perception 53% 1d100 = 57
JIC 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 97

Durak looks over at the Weary Journeyman and then down at his clothes. The smell of the sewer, despite having not spent too long down there, clings to him. As they were back on the streets, he stows his weapons back in their hangers. Wandering around weapons drawn was likely to get the attention of the Watch and possibly the people they had just rescued Evard from.

"Where are you hurt? What did they do to you? What did they ask you?" Durak attempts to be circumspect with Evard as he takes off his cloak and drapes it as best as possible around Evard to cover him up and keep him warm, considering the state he was currently in. Can't do much about his injuries but if I get him talking about them, then maybe Sil or Tyral can do something to patch him up.
"How did they grab you? How many of them did you see? You mentioned a spellcaster down there. What did you see him cast? Was there more than one?"

However, his need to find out information drives him to ask questions, though not at possibly the best moment to do so.

OOC Comments
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% 1d100 = 18 get Evard to open up to him
Streetwise 60% 1d100 = 75 Who are Thanatos?


"I do not know about the rest of you, but does the idea of a bath appeal right now?" Durak looks wistfully at the inn and brushes anything off him that may be clinging to him from the sewers, "but we should get as far from here as possible as quickly as possible. Now, do their guides come with transport?"

OOC Comments
If guide comes with transport like a cart or carriage, then Durak will happily pay for the group (10gp)
otherwise they will have to walk to the bank
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Sun May 12, 2019 9:02 am

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 11
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 1
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 74

PPE: 71/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days]

"PPE Syphoning"
According to PFRPG Pg 181, a Wizard can attempt to syphon PPE from up to 1 person per level (so 9) for up to 1d4 PPE @ a time, within 90ft, so potentially 9d4 PPE each syphon attempt if every potential target fails their save (15), but he cannot take more than 50% of their total. This is described as requiring minimal effort/focus, so he should be able to attempt 1-2x/min without any strain, the goal being to exit Sewers and pull down 50-60 PPE down from locals so he has PPE for Cleanse and a couple heals, etc.


Emerging from the Sewers, Tyral and Brago (growling softly) step deftly off the floating cloak and it rises for about 2 feet to the Wizard's hand before losing its enchantment (and dropping this prig Evard onto the ground if he is not fast enough). The Wizard looks casually down at Brago [Charm/Impress: 80%: 1d100 = 61], "No young-one, I rather doubt he intended to offend. Leave his throat where it is for now."

He turns and walks through the Sprawl quietly to follow along to the Weary Journeyman. As the door closes, he listens as the Dwarf proposes an rather odd diversion,

Durak wrote:"I do not know about the rest of you, but does the idea of a bath appeal right now?" Durak looks wistfully at the inn and brushes anything off him that may be clinging to him from the sewers, "but we should get as far from here as possible as quickly as possible. Now, do their guides come with transport?"


Tyral turns exhales in search of serenity and casts Cleanse three times by touch first on Durak and Evard, then Predat and Sil, finally Himself and Brago (6 P.P.E. *3 = 18, Self / 10' / or 2 people by touch). He motions towards the least occupied corner congenially [Charm/Impress: 80%: 1d100 = 69], "I suppose I should pick up that pigeon message-delivery spell. Then we could just grab a seat at the bar and send off for the family while we get some beers ... Oh well. Take a seat over in the corner there, and you can answer some questions."

If Evard decides to lip-off or take off rudely, Tyral will cast Increase Weight [(4 P.P.E., 100', 900 lbs., 180 Min)] on the clerk's pants.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: 4) The Weary Journeyman

Postby Augur » Sun May 12, 2019 7:07 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 346
Time: 1400
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: The Weary Journeyman, the Sprawl


Tyral acts the janitor or hygiene police and cleanses everyone present before talking to his familiar. He then talks to himself before addressing Evard. "I suppose I should pick up that pigeon message-delivery spell. Then we could just grab a seat at the bar and send off for the family while we get some beers. Oh well. Take a seat over in the corner there, and you can answer some questions."

Evard is literally slack-jawed in disbelief. "Are you daft or mad? You've escaped that organization--likely because they allowed you to--and you're just going to prattle on in the middle of the Sprawl as if your lives are not now at risk for the rest of your days?" He shakes his head in a confused medley of contempt and disbelief at the elf's behavior. Tyral mutters some words and the man suddenly crumples to the middle of the filthy street. He cries out in pain, trying to clutch his waist, knees, and ankles all at the same time.

Durak's attempt to solicit information from the man, "Where are you hurt? What did they do to you? What did they ask you? How did they grab you? How many of them did you see? You mentioned a spellcaster down there. What did you see him cast? Was there more than one?" are responded to with only peels and squeals of pain and flashes of abject hatred from the man at Tyral.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5152
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: 4) The Weary Journeyman

Postby Durak » Mon May 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 61
JIC 1d100 = 88 1d20 = 20

Augur wrote:Tyral acts the janitor or hygiene police and cleanses everyone present before talking to his familiar.


Durak looks down at his now clean clothes and nods appreciatively
"Well, that solves me needing a bath, now lets....

Augur wrote:"I suppose I should pick up that pigeon message-delivery spell. Then we could just grab a seat at the bar and send off for the family while we get some beers. Oh well. Take a seat over in the corner there, and you can answer some questions."


"What are you doing?" Durak sounds exasperated, as he shakes his head and rolls his eyes for what feels like the fiftieth time that day. "We need to leave and get Evard to safety and get paid.


Augur wrote:Evard is literally slack-jawed in disbelief. "Are you daft or mad? You've escaped that organization--likely because they allowed you to--and you're just going to prattle on in the middle of the Sprawl as if your lives are not now at risk for the rest of your days?" He shakes his head in a confused medley of contempt and disbelief at the elf's behavior. Tyral mutters some words and the man suddenly crumples to the middle of the filthy street. He cries out in pain, trying to clutch his waist, knees, and ankles all at the same time.


Durak looks around, confused for a second as Evard collapses to the floor, expecting an attack from Evard's kidnappers. When he looks down at Evard, he realises what is going on.

Augur wrote:flashes of abject hatred from the man at Tyral.


"TYRAL!" Durak rebukes the mage, annoyed at the mage for what he sees as pointless and cruel behaviour, "what are you doing you elf fool?" He tries to pick up Evard, but depending on the weight Tyral has inflicted, he probably can't do it. This is beyond what petty behaviour I would expect from an elf!

"We need to leave now. Cancel this spell now!" Durak stands in front of Tyral and glares at him, challenging him to do something.

OOC Comments
Never got an answer to whether the guides came with transport
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Fri May 17, 2019 9:03 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 30
D20 JiC: : 1d20 = 4
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 13

PPE: 71/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days]

"PPE Syphoning"


Intelligence 80%: 1d100 = 37 -- Tactical Evaluation

Tyral looks down at the indignant dwarf with a flat stare, "No. I don't think so. We damn well might not make the Bank given his uncooperative nature. So I would like to see a change in attitude because right now, it seems like once we get him back there the door will close on determining how much this fellow has volunteered over a few fingernails." He looks down at the man in his heavy-pants, "You can feel free to nod if you would like to start over with a better attitude. Otherwise I would wonder about just leaving you here as bait ... that is the beauty of being pretty close to those up-town temples. If the sewer rats crawl out to kill you, I think we could still get you resurrected pretty easily. I did it once about 50 years ago, and admit it can be disconcerting."

Tyral figures Durak seems to want to be the carrot, he can be the stick, and Predat and Sil seemed to want to kill more of those fellows anyways so if they need to stay here at least Sil might get to capture her Man-in-Black.

He will reach out and syphon PPE from folks within the edge of his range in case Evard feels like sitting in the street rather than being civil.

*** In the event Durak (or Sil or Predat for that matter) decides to ask Why, Tyral will respond quietly and calmly, "If a prisoner escapes, typically the captor gives chase. Meaning they fan out quickly. They don't hang out in an unobtrusive tavern near the damn door ... It's a method of avoiding the first wave of searchers and has the benefit that we could even watch them emerge from the damn sewers and put faces to their trackers ... Or you can flee in terror without gathering further information. Different paths for different people I suppose."

"PPE Syphoning"
According to PFRPG Pg 181, a Wizard can attempt to syphon PPE from up to 1 person per level (so 9) for up to 1d4 PPE @ a time, within 90ft, so potentially 9d4 PPE each syphon attempt if every potential target fails their save (15), but he cannot take more than 50% of their total. This is described as requiring minimal effort/focus, so he should be able to attempt 1-2x/min without any strain, the goal being to pull down 50-60 PPE down from locals so he has PPE for heals, and in case the folks come out of the sewers, etc.



Accidentally edited this post instead of Quoting it. Restored the above text, can't fix the extra rolls
1d100 = 30, 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 37, 1d100 = 13
1d100 = 12
1d20 = 15
1d100 = 73
Last edited by Tyral on Sat May 25, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: 4) The Weary Journeyman

Postby Predat » Sun May 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 68 1d20 = 7

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness, Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness.

Pre just smiles at the scared banker, "He is not wrong, we probably should have stayed down there for a little longer and eliminated as many as possible. Now they can come from any direction. However, I feel just as safe here in the Sprawls as anywhere." To the banker, "You might want to answer questions quickly if you want to move on!" He looks at Durak, is he playing the 'good guard' or is he really this squimish? Pre let's the elf do his thing and walks up to the bartender, "You know Silk? Can you get a message to her quick that Pre is in your bar." Regardless of the answer, "How many in here are not regulars?" Pre lays a gold piece on the bar. "5 more if you let me know when more strangers filter in."

Pre takes a seat somewhere that he can monitor all the entrances and still see the bartender.

Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 60 /82%
Intelligence - 1d100 = 21 /73%
Streetwise - 1d100 = 32 /71%
Surveillance - 1d100 = 97 /77%
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: 4) The Weary Journeyman

Postby Silhouette » Wed May 22, 2019 3:38 pm

JIC: 1d100 = 13 1d20 = 8
Perc: 63%: / 1d100 = 57
Listening and Awareness -- 34% / 1d100 = 54 (Directed at Evard mostly for any subtle words.)

Invoke Trust: 70% (With Evard) /1d100 = 37

The magic pumping through Silhouette demands motion as she paces back and forth waiting for the bandits. When they never come due to fear, of her or more likely Predat’s vehement promise of death, two parts of her went to war. One demands that she chase and crush them in her hatred for humanity in the shape of such detestable rabble. The other part of discipline, training, her father’s teachings to exercise economy of action and concise completion of action told her the mission was done.

After minutes of silence except the sound of her grinding teeth squelching into the darkness, the magical adrenaline evaporates from her system and the fleetness too leaves her drooping as she follows Pre back to the others, with Durak and the banker’s voices leading the way to an exit. Glancing back down the tunnels darkness she felt fury that they had not made a mad rush into her but turning her head to watch Predat she was also glad for his threat driving them away. She was her own Blade Mage and in nothing happening for her to fight, nothing of herself was betrayed in overexerting herself. Sheathing her weapons, she sighs a long breath that told of danger passed as the changeling then climbs out of the sewer with the others.


Following languidly Silhouette’s normally childlike exuberance to skip and lead the way seems left in the sewers as they approach and enter the Weary Journeyman. Finding a seat with Tyral and Durak and the banker Evard, Silhouette seems nonchalant with her back to the taverns entrance as she side-eyes the rescued man. Weary inside, appropriately so for the establishment, Silhouette asks any standing waitress for a dark bread and sweet butter or honey and butter would do instead, with a side of tea.

Turning her eyes on Evard to agree with him her voice croaks,”You are right.” Lightly clearing her throat, she continues sounding as if she’d just been rescued from a dessert,”It is daylight and they will plan, just as we will.” Smiling Silhouette shrugs adding as her voice relaxes tiredly,”You’re scared aren’t you? And you can’t see why we aren’t? That is, you know they don’t need you anymore.” Looking to her allies she continues,”He’s told them all they wanted.”

Lips turning up in a saccharine smile the changeling continues,”When they find us, they won’t save a blade for you too. Not while with us or once we turn you over to your boss. You are not safe at home or at your work, from where they took you once already.” Nodding Silhouette continues,”We are not afraid as you, because we always have knives to our throats.” Lifting her head she indicates their success at survival saying,"You will see a distinct lack of scars."

Crossing her elbows on the table she leans forward commiserating with Evard,”I understand your fear and you may think we can't protect you if they only let us go. I promise, if you tell us all they asked and plainly what you did tell, we can make an even better plan than what they think they are doing by letting us go.” Tapping her finger on the table she adds,”You see, one very truthful moment now will cost you nothing, but your future safety if we are not armed to end them first.”

Soothingly she continues as if talking to a babe while talking to Evard she indicates Tyral,”He is a mage’s guild man and sworn to your Duke and in this we are still on the Merch's pay. I will stay to my word to you as a Merch's man we are employed too and you can be calmed in trusting my next request. I, Silhouette, will seek no more than what they asked and did to you.”

Leaning back Silhouette continues softly, placating,”Evard, I can read minds. if you allow and do not fight me, I can find something they said or that you saw that might help us. That will help you keep living a long and fruitful life.” Leaning her head sideways she adds with a frown,”But if you do not want me to…” Shaking her head sadly,”It will be up to us to succeed by the swinging of our arms alone without knowing who our enemy might be.” Looking at a waitress Silhouette points, then points at a patron, then another patron explaining,”Anyone of them could be our enemy, but if they attack, who is most likely to get out of a fight alive? You? Or the ones who do nothing but fight.” Letting that stand she waits letting the man think and consider, though Silhouette looks even more haggard than before from the effort of playing so much nice with the man.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: 4) The Weary Journeyman

Postby Augur » Fri May 24, 2019 11:17 am

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 346
Time: 1405
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: The Weary Journeyman, the Sprawl


Durak exasperatedly shakes his head and rolls his eyes at the elf's actions. "What are you doing? We need to leave and get Evard to safety and get paid." Durak rebukes the mage, "TYRAL! What are you doing, you elf fool? We need to leave now. Cancel this spell now!"

A crowd starts to form outside The Weary Journeyman at the spectacle in the street. There's an aristocratic elf with a conspicuously large wolf beside him, a dwarf rebuking the elf, and a threatening looking Eandroth all surrounding an injured man writhing and crying on the ground in the middle of the street outside the tavern.

Tyral looks at the dwarf. "No. I don't think so. We damn well might not make the Bank given his uncooperative nature. So I would like to see a change in attitude because right now, it seems like once we get him back there the door will close on determining how much this fellow has volunteered over a few fingernails."

Tyral addresses Evard who's writhing in pain in the dirty street, "You can feel free to nod if you would like to start over with a better attitude. Otherwise I would wonder about just leaving you here as bait. That is the beauty of being pretty close to those up-town temples. If the sewer rats crawl out to kill you, I think we could still get you resurrected pretty easily. I did it once about fifty years ago, and admit it can be disconcerting."

Pre smiles as he looms over the injured man writhing in the street, "He is not wrong, we probably should have stayed down there for a little longer and eliminated as many as possible. Now they can come from any direction. However, I feel just as safe here in the Sprawl as anywhere."

Silhouette leans against a post near the entrance to the tavern as she watches the spectacle begin to draw a crowd. Turning her eyes on Evard she says, "You are right. It is daylight and they will plan, just as we will. You’re scared aren’t you? And you can’t see why we aren't? That is, you know they don’t need you anymore." She looks to Tyral, Pre, and Durak, "He’s told them all they wanted." She then goes on at length, lecturing at the man in the dirt. "When they find us, they won’t save a blade for you too. Not while with us or once we turn you over to your boss. You are not safe at home or at your work, from where they took you once already. We are not afraid as you, because we always have knives to our throats. You will see a distinct lack of scars. I understand your fear and you may think we can't protect you if they only let us go. I promise, if you tell us all they asked and plainly what you did tell, we can make an even better plan than what they think they are doing by letting us go. You see, one very truthful moment now will cost you nothing, but your future safety if we are not armed to end them first. He is a mage’s guild man and sworn to your Duke and in this we are still on the Merch's pay. I will stay to my word to you as a Merch's man we are employed too and you can be calmed in trusting my next request. I, Silhouette, will seek no more than what they asked and did to you. Evard, I can read minds. if you allow and do not fight me, I can find something they said or that you saw that might help us. That will help you keep living a long and fruitful life. But if you do not want me to, it will be up to us to succeed by the swinging of our arms alone without knowing who our enemy might be. Anyone of them could be our enemy, but if they attack, who is most likely to get out of a fight alive? You? Or the ones who do nothing but fight."

Evard wordlessly stares up at Silhouette as though she were totally insane. His eyes dart back to Durak's from time to time in pleading, and to Tyral and Predat with clear looks of fear, recognizing them as clearly just as malevolent as his previous captors.

A good dozen people have stopped in their routines to observe what's happening, and behind her, Silhouette can hear a number of voices coming from the doorway to the tavern. Tyral and Pre notice faces are appearing and lingering in the windows of the tavern and other shops and tenements along the street. Tyral even catches sight of a likely pick-pocket on the other side of the street begin to case the gathering crowd for opportunity.

GM Note: Tyral has slipped to anarchist alignment as he is literally harming not only an innocent, but a victim, and is denying Evard his freedom & showing disregard for Evard's life in using him as bait.

What are your intentions?
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5152
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: 4) The Weary Journeyman

Postby Tyral » Sat May 25, 2019 10:00 pm

OOC: +17 PPE per Augur [05.25.19 Hangouts]. I strongly disagree with the alignment change for multiple reasons, first and foremost an Unprincipled character will Lie and cheat if necessary (which seems applicable if you're trying to get a witness to tell you how much he has spilled about you to a secret society of assassins), an Unprincipled character will not use torture unless absolutely necessary (Tyral fully expects that once we get back to the bank, we never get any questions answered or any further information which leaves us in the wind in perpetuity. Even more so because Lloyd's got a pattern that's pretty predictable.) An alignment change is being inflicted for useage of a Zero-damage spell, on the basis of a threat (which was the damn lie), while an NPC miraculously appears to have knowledge of the the source of indirect spells that do not have a traceable source. It is what it is, now he can lie and cheat if he feels necessary, and definitely use torture to extract information.

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 1 <-- Crit
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 19
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 27

PPE: 88/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days]

"PPE Syphoning"
According to PFRPG Pg 181, a Wizard can attempt to syphon PPE from up to 1 person per level (so 9) for up to 1d4 PPE @ a time, within 90ft, so potentially 9d4 PPE each syphon attempt if every potential target fails their save (15), but he cannot take more than 50% of their total. This is described as requiring minimal effort/focus, so he should be able to attempt 1-2x/min without any strain, the goal being to pull down 50-60 PPE down from locals so he has PPE for heals, and in case the folks come out of the sewers, etc.

Tyral rolls his eyes and leans down towards the Dwarf speaking venomously (his voice is not loud but is quite clear) [Performance 35%: EP-Crit], "You seem to be under the impression that Wizards are have unlimited capacity to do whatever the frak you want. I have a finite amount of energy. Cancelling someone else's spell costs about 10 times the amount of energy, and down there I put protective spells all over your hairy little self-righteous ass. So before I burn through the bulk of what I have left, I'd like to be sure it is a worthwhile endeavor. The fat human here can't even bother to nod. Thanks for the faith."

The Wizard reaches out and syphons PPE from folks within the edge of his range, then goes through an exaggeratedly long version of the Weightlessness spell on Evard's pants (6 PPE, 60', 18 Melees, Lighten by 900 lbs.) He does this specifically so it can be seen that he has cast a spell, and will simply cancel the Increase weight spell after which he practically spits, "Hope that holds."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: 4) The Weary Journeyman

Postby Predat » Wed May 29, 2019 9:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 52 1d20 = 18

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness, Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness.

Pre keeps his eye on the crowd letting Tyral and Sil do their thing. Well,we should probably get this going. Sooner or later one of those scumbags is going to crawl up from the sewer. Pre will throw a light growl at anyone who lingers too long. "Rrr, this is none of your concern, move along."

Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 77 /82%
Intelligence - 1d100 = 64 /73%
Streetwise - 1d100 = 89 /71%
Surveillance - 1d100 = 8 /77%

He gives Tyral a look that says 'I understand what you are doing, but let us move this along!!!' Wolfen camp is more dangerous, but these thugs probably already know we are her.
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: 4) The Weary Journeyman

Postby Durak » Fri May 31, 2019 11:56 am

Perception: 53% 1d100 = 49
JIC 1d100 = 65 1d20 = 11

Tyral wrote:Tyral rolls his eyes and leans down towards the Dwarf speaking venomously (his voice is not loud but is quite clear) [Performance 35%: EP-Crit], "You seem to be under the impression that Wizards are have unlimited capacity to do whatever the frak you want. I have a finite amount of energy. Cancelling someone else's spell costs about 10 times the amount of energy, and down there I put protective spells all over your hairy little self-righteous ass. So before I burn through the bulk of what I have left, I'd like to be sure it is a worthwhile endeavor. The fat human here can't even bother to nod. Thanks for the faith."


"The fat human, you smug pointy eared prick is currently so heavy I cannot move him. And you are just stood there."

As he keeps his gaze on Tyral, he summons Stonebiter into his hand as stealthily as possible. His cloak was on Evard, so he could not use that to hide his actions. He did not want to, but just in case somebody tried something.

OOC Comments
Prowl 66% 1d100 = 99 hide him summoning Stonebiter to his hand


Tyral wrote:The Wizard reaches out and syphons PPE from folks within the edge of his range, then goes through an exaggeratedly long version of the Weightlessness spell on Evard's pants (6 PPE, 60', 18 Melees, Lighten by 900 lbs.) He does this specifically so it can be seen that he has cast a spell, and will simply cancel the Increase weight spell after which he practically spits, "Hope that holds."


"Thank you." Durak says grimly, before turning to pick Evard up off the floor. As he does so, he whispers into Evard's ear.

"I would suggest you come clean about what they got from you. Right now, we can help. Later on might be too late."

OOC Comments
critical success on Trust roll viewtopic.php?f=885&t=7678&p=1364100#p1364100
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: 4) The Weary Journeyman

Postby Silhouette » Fri May 31, 2019 9:46 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 58
Perc 63% / 1d100 = 44
Listening and Awareness -- 34% / 1d100 = 13(What the crowd might be saying.)

Tyral’s exasperation was slowly creeping from the elf’s to Silhouette’s own face as she sighs at the Evard’s fever-like staring at her. Tongue clucking Silhouette prompts the others,”Into the Journeyman.” as she focuses her mind to begin Telepathically picking Evard's mind for what he was asked and what he told to his captors as well as what the main one possibly a mage from Evard's words about magic traps during the forthcoming time Sil is with him. Reaching out she takes the banker’s shoulder to help the man up and to turn the man toward the inn as she smiles at him adding with a look at Tyral she explains,”The elf grated on me too when we met, but look at us now, working together.” Leaving that unjustified positively or negatively she repeats to Evard,”Lets get you safe and find some additional guards to keep you safe, O.K?” Her tone is warm, but almost as if talking to a child to ease their confidence.

Standing where the banker can’t see her face Silhouette gives Tyral a plaintive shrug at the failing attempt to cajole the man to speak before saying in a low tone that Evard can hear,”Tyral, you can you pay for a fantastic room and meal service?” Moving she thinks,”If vinegar does not work, honey, enough to drown him in.”

Looking to Predat and Durak, Sil asks them,”Find some guards to escort Evard back more safely?” She gives them a glance to the side, hoping they understand she has other motives.

Glancing at the crowd Silhouette shivers at all the eyes, human eyes mostly drawn by Tyrals actions,"Damn humans...and elf."

Silhouette's telepathic questions more specifically will encompass:
What did they ask you?
What did you tell them?
Did they say why they want to know?
Why do you think Thanatos could lay magic traps?
What does the Thanatos trap layer look like?


Telepathy Superior
ISP: 8 (Rifter 25)
Duration: 2mins/lvl; Probe, Range: 100ft + 50ft/lvl; Two-way communication, 200ft + 100ft/lvl.
Sometimes (40% +3% per level chance(Currently 64%)) the character will see or hear parts of memories associated with the thoughts he is reading from the victim. A saving throw should be rolled for each skill/memory/thought that the character tries to read. The character can make one attempt to pull information from the victim for each attack per melee.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: 4) The Weary Journeyman

Postby Augur » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:30 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 346
Time: 1430
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: The Weary Journeyman, the Sprawl


After a great deal of conflict with Evard and within the group, Durak manages to convince Evard in the wisdom of helping the group on their terms. They all hustle into the tavern before a constable or the city watch arrives to further complicate matters. After a few ales to ease his nerves and to slake his thirst, Evard admits to having revealed the identity of those who carried out the Itomas contract under torture combined with mind control. He also mentions that there were dozens of ruffians in and out of the area, but only a handful of what he deemed professional killers: men dressed in black wearing masks over their faces, and who carried assorted weapons and strange tubes at their waist. He denies ever having seen a spell-caster to his understanding, but his face and posture speak the truth of his words when he describes a man in black and blue attire similar to that of the killers, but who carried not just knives, but also a bow, a sword, and a couple of unusual trinkets which he appeared to use to vanish from Evard's sight.

By the time they've milked all this from the broken and sobbing Evard, a pair of armed couriers and a coach draw up outside the Weary Journeyman. They're from the bank. They received word of a disturbance outside the tavern with descriptions matching the bank's retainers and employee. They produce a paper with the bank's seal, Tevran's signature, and a message to come collect their bounty.

Continue posting here.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5152
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey


Return to Low District (a.k.a. "The Sprawl")

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests