17) Grand Bazaar

The Market District is the economic heart of Llorn. People of all stations intermingle among the shops and stores.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Netosa » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:33 pm

Grand Bazaar



The Grand Bazaar is an immense marble structure that is the Llorn equivalent of a modern shopping mall, complete with a fountain and fish pool. With room for upwards of a hundred shops, many visitors to the city find they need only come to the Bazaar to find everything they want. In addition to the permanent shops, the open plaza is host to hundreds of tent stalls and carts with merchants hawking their wares. To attract business, many merchants use musicians to attract customers, others hawkers, and still others magic. Add to this the sounds of the shoppers themselves as they haggle over merchandise and the noise within the plaza is deafening.

Like most everything else in Llorn, merchants who set up shop in the Grand Bazaar are subject to a yearly tax and lease, typically 15 to 20 Ne-Dross (1,500-2,000 gold pieces) per month. The plaza space is free so most merchants who operate elsewhere in the city will have a stall here as well. The stall operators are careful not to do too well as several of the more prosperous tents have mysteriously caught fire when they threatened the business of the brick and mortar shops. The only official operating rules for these stalls are they can not set up shop until the sunlight touches the top of the fountain, and they must be out of the plaza within one glass (hour) of sundown. Failure to obey the time restriction results in a large fine, typically 1,200 marks, or loss of the merchandise in the tent, whichever is less.

Notable Businesses
  • The Steel Anvil (Dwarven weaponsmith)
  • Iron-eye's Weaponries (Dwarven weaponsmith)
  • Valrun's Magic Potions & Powders (Elven alchemist)
  • The Morning Blade (human alchemist)
  • Honest Tom: (human magic merchant)
  • Three Ring Ranch and Bestiary (Mounts and Animals)
  • Goldenbeard Armories (Dwarven armorer)
  • Mystique Tattoos
  • Old World Antiquities
  • Ranir's Place (Elven Master Bowyer/Fletcher)
AGM PFRPG
User avatar
Netosa
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:35 pm
Location: PFRPG AGM

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Tolliver Trask » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 56/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 5; 1d100 = 38
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive).

Bartering 1d100 = 10/30% Pass (Trying to get a good price on the items he wants to sell)
Charm/Impress 1d100 = 59/20% Fail (Trying to get a good price on items he wants to sell)
Bartering 1d100 = 28/30% Pass (To Acquire Dwarven Throwing Knife)
Charm/Impress 1d100 = 57/20% Fail (To Acquire Dwarven Throwing Knife)

Trask leads Garrick into the Grand Bazaar, knowing he needs to make a few stops. His first stop takes him to The Steel Anvil. Hitching Garrick to a post outside, Trask scoops up the bundle of weapons and makes his way inside the building. "Greetings good sir, I have some weapons I would like to sell, and was interested in purchasing some in return." Trask says with as much politeness as his voice can muster.

Trask sets the bundle down and opens it up to reveal the items he would like to sell. Everything here. "I have been collecting these for several years and more than a few battlefields ago, and I need to clear house for ease of travel." Trask explains.

"As for a purchase I would like to buy a companion to this knife. Which I bought form you years ago." Trask says before drawing the Dwarven Throwing knife from his bandolier and setting it down for the Proprietor to look at. "I had a second, but seem to have lost it in the battle with the dragon." Trask says straining to think where the paired blade may have wound up.

Sale Items
  • Two handed Espandon 60 gp
  • Morning Star 40 gp
  • Mace 40 gp
  • Arab Mace 40 gp
  • Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield 110 gp
Purchase
  • Dwarven Throwing Knife (+2 Damage) 10 gp + 300% = 40 gp
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Augur » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:04 am

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 346
Time: 1000
Environment: Late morning, not a cloud in the sky
Location: Llorn, Grand Bazaar, Steel Anvil


A young-looking dwarf saunters up to Garrick, strokes its nose once and says to the beast "I'll be lightening your load, beastie, don't you worry." He then inspects the weapons and the shield, and says to Trask "Decent work, nothing spectacular. I'll give you a hundred gold for the whole lot." After Trask shows him the Dwarven throwing knife, the young dwarf cocks an eyebrow. "Nay, you bought that from my uncle, I see his mark on the pommel there. It's a fine weapon. Exquisitely balanced and sharp as a gnome's wit. We've a few already crafted and on hand, but if you'd like to buy a whole brace, that'll take a few days' time to forge more than the few we have on hand. Forty gold should cover a simple companion knife to that one though."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Tolliver Trask » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1; 1d100 = 59
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive)

Bartering 1d100 = 90/30% Fail (To acquire 2 Potions of Superior Healing)
Charm/Impress 1d100 = 57/20% Fail (To acquire 2 Potions of Superior Healing)


Trask thinks for a moment before answering the dwarven proprietor. "Seems like a fair trade, one hundred crowns for the items and forty for the knife I want for my collection. Though I would love a brace of them, I already have quite the collection of them as it is." Trask says to the dwarf. "Your uncle still around?" Trask asks as the curiosity comes to him.

Trask waits for the exchange to take place before sheathing the throwing knife and pocketing the remaining coin. "Pleasure doing business with you." Trask says as he heads out the door.

Once in the hub of the Grand Bazaar, Trask takes a quick look around before taking Garrick's lead and walking across the market. "Two more stops my friend and then we'll make our way back to the stables." Trask says idly to his mule companion.

Trask makes his way to Valrun's Magic Potions & Powders. Securing Garrick's lead to a post before entering the building. Having been there a few times in the past for various tinctures and potions, Trask waves and speaks a greeting. "Good day, I have need of your services."

"I am seeking out a pair of potions of Superior Healing, a companion of mine gave me one and I feel indebted to him to try and replace it, plus having one on my journeys would be fortuitous."
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Thorgrim » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:14 pm

Per (48%): 1d100 = 48
JiC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 94

Thorgrim strolls through the Grand Bazaar, brushing past rich and poor alike. Occasionally he rolls his eyes at the sight of jeweled baubles or the stench of floral perfumes from vendors’ carefully arranged displays; with a goal of attracting customers. The barbarian’s thoughts sour with disdain for the ‘cheap’ atmosphere which surrounds him, as he passes. Only hours ago we were fighting for our lives and buried a friend in the aftermath... meanwhile these hucksters run a racket, taking gold with ease. Hmph, easy enough for them with the Orc war parties still outside the city walls, methinks...
Before Thorgrim realizes, he arrives at Goldenbeard Armories, and he refocuses on his task-at-hand.
He greets the nearest employee of authority, which he may already have been acquainted with.
Invoke Trust (45%): 1d100 = 29
”Good day, and Belimar’s blessings upon you. I’ve come to see Thoran. His old friend Thorgrim is here to see him. I need his help in a matter of business... the killing business, as per usual, haha!”
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 51/51
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Augur » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 346
Time: 1100
Environment: Late morning, not a cloud in the sky
Location: Llorn, Grand Bazaar


Tolliver Trask wrote:Trask waits for the exchange to take place before sheathing the throwing knife and pocketing the remaining coin. "Pleasure doing business with you." Trask says as he heads out the door.

The transaction is completed, and the dwarf answers his question before bidding good day in return. "Nay, he took a trip to Hadrian's Cove recently by way of the grand canal, and if he gets a taste for their hot, mulled mead, we're not like to see him again in a coon's age."

Tolliver Trask wrote:Trask makes his way to Valrun's Magic Potions & Powders. Securing Garrick's lead to a post before entering the building. Having been there a few times in the past for various tinctures and potions, Trask waves and speaks a greeting. "Good day, I have need of your services. I am seeking out a pair of potions of Superior Healing, a companion of mine gave me one and I feel indebted to him to try and replace it, plus having one on my journeys would be fortuitous."

Trask finds the potion in stock, but coin in his purses only sufficient for one dose. Considering he can always sell more later if in dire need, he counts his small blessings for the one he's able to purchase and pays the sum required.

800 gold deducted for the potion
40 gold deducted for the throwing knife
100 gold added from the sale
Knife & potion added to gear sheet



Thorgrim greets a dour looking dwarf whose long, soot-stained beard nearly reaches his knees despite being uncharacteristically braided. ”Good day, and Belimar’s blessings upon you. I’ve come to see Thoran. His old friend Thorgrim is here to see him. I need his help in a matter of business... the killing business, as per usual, haha!”

"Piss on Thoran!" the dwarf spits at Thor's feet as though the person's name brought literal distaste into his mouth, "the no good welcher!" He looks up at Thorgrim, "What do you want?" The dwarf's tone isn't that of a person ready to engage in pleasantries.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Fox » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC%: 1d100 = 36

Fox is not quite sure of the term "welcher", but the person to which they are speaking does not sound as if they are on friendly terms with the person mentioned. He tries to remain unobtrusive and let Thorgrim handle things.

In the meantime, he glances around, sondering if there is anyone here who could repair thee damage suffered by his magical armor. That, he is aware, is a rather difficult thing to get done.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Thorgrim » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:37 am

Per (48%): 1d100 = 70
JiC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 72

Dwarf wrote:"Piss on Thoran!" the dwarf spits at Thor's feet as though the person's name brought literal distaste into his mouth, "the no good welcher!" He looks up at Thorgrim, "What do you want?" The dwarf's tone isn't that of a person ready to engage in pleasantries.


Thorgim’s brow quickly furrows, and his demeanor immediately sobers. I walk into the business of a trusted friend, and this piss-ant is who I’ve got to deal with? I know workers have got their fair share of greviances and complaints, but this one’s had his fill, methinks... Thor does his best to handle this individual ‘delicately’, ”Excuse me, but you lost me between ‘piss on Thoran’ and ‘no good welcher’... My small brain can’t comprehend what the hell that is all about. Please allow me to repeat. I am Thorgrim, a friend of Thoran. I have come to see Thoran about some business...” Thorgrim will pause and allow for the Dwarf’s reply. If the conversation isn’t going anywhere with the disgruntled Dwarf, Thorgrim will dump his information on him. ”Right, so to the point: I’ve been under contract, with company, to contend-in-part with the Orc menace which has been pressing Llorn and the surrounding territory. I’ve no time for delay, as we may have a lead on where the Orcs may be headquartering their operations. We recently sustained significant attrition to arms and armor, not to mention the death of a friend. I need either timely repairs, loaners, or replacements so we can get back to Orc slaughtering immediately. Items included are: My damaged Scale Mail, A Kankoran sized damaged magical studded leather armor, a lost throwing knife, and a lost battle axe. Needless to say, the highest quality is preferred. I’ve roughly 1,400 gold on hand, and this oversized claymore I’ve taken as a trophy from an Orcish Chieftan... What can you offer? ...and although I doubt you may have an inkling; any information about the recent Orc attacks and activity?”
Bartering (48%): 1d100 = 74
Invoke Trust (45%): 1d100 = 54

Fox wrote:...He tries to remain unobtrusive and let Thorgrim handle things...


The barbarian tries to cool himself down, as he knows he is starting to get heated with a defiant little shite! He notices Fox, idling nearby and watching the exchange of words. Thor shrugs harmlessly, ”Well Fox, I haven’t heard much out of you. What have you been up to prior to this? Found out anything of use based on what our former captives were telling you?”
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 51/51
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Tolliver Trask » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 4; 1d100 = 66
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive)

Trask harrumphs, then nods. "Thanks, I will head to the bank and refill my coin and likely be back to purchase another potion." Trask says before taking his purchase and heading back out into the Bazaar at large. Grabbing Garrick's lead, Trask leads the mule from the Bazaar. "Sorry friend, a bit more, I guess my pouch wasn't as full as I had thought." Trask says as he leads the Mule to the bank.

Merchants' Guild House
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Augur » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:58 pm

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 346
Time: 1100
Environment: Late morning, not a cloud in the sky
Location: Llorn, Grand Bazaar, Goldenbeard Armories


Fox looks around for signs of armorer, one that can work on magic armor, and soon finds that Thorgrim has already got his needs in mind.

”Excuse me, but you lost me between ‘piss on Thoran’ and ‘no good welcher.’ My small brain can’t comprehend what the hell that is all about. Please allow me to repeat. I am Thorgrim, a friend of Thoran. I have come to see Thoran about some business.”

The dwarf's lips purse tightly at the mere mention of Thoran's name once more. "He's not around. Off spending my money while leaving me to do the work, no doubt."

"I need either timely repairs, loaners, or replacements so we can get back to Orc slaughtering immediately. Items included are: My damaged Scale Mail, A Kankoran sized damaged magical studded leather armor, a lost throwing knife, and a lost battle axe. Needless to say, the highest quality is preferred. I’ve roughly 1,400 gold on hand, and this over-sized claymore I’ve taken as a trophy from an Orcish Chieftain. What can you offer?"

The dwarf's face splits into a genuine smile and laughs when Thorgrim says "loaners," but otherwise he seems to try to listen attentively. "You want weapons, go to the Anvil or Iron-eye's. I can sell you armor, or I can fix what you got. The former's quicker, the latter's cheaper. Fast, good, or cheap: these are always the choices any customer faces anywhere he goes. You want a rush job? Quality won't be as high, but it'll be serviceable and cost you twice as much." He eyeballs the scale mail armor and lets out a sigh. "I can get it done within two week if I burn the midnight oil, but that's taken a damned beating. The sword? Sell it to Iron-eye's or the Anvil. We're specialists; don't truck with weapons. The magic armor..." he pauses and looks at Fox's armor. "You'll have to take that to Valrun. That's work for an alchemist."

Scale Mail: +50 S.D.C. for 350 gold; time: 25 days; rush job: 700 gold, 14 days

"And although I doubt you may have an inkling; any information about the recent Orc attacks and activity?"

The dwarf shakes his head in the negative, then pauses to tug on his beard. "Actually, I heard some drunk, hairless ape mention Hadrian's Cove having issues with orcs yesterday. Likely just tavern gossip though."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Fox » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 31 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC%: 1d100 = 22

Fox replies to Thorgrim, "There is a good possibility. I was shown a likely location on a map, which I attempted to copy. I can not say much about my skill as a cartographer, but at least we should have a clue where to look."

Fox nods to the information from the about the Alchemist's guild...Kankoran in general have little understanding of magic. It is useful to know they re where to go to get magic items repaired.

The Information about the Cove, however, is of greater interest, "Perhaps we should gather the others and mention this cove to them. Fortunately I still have my Studded Leather Armor, I can leave my magic armor to be repaired and use that...it is the advantage of having multiple suits of armor."

When we are done here, he will have to go by the Alchemist's guild and inquire about repairs.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Tolliver Trask » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 6; 1d100 = 91
Conditions: Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense (Inactive)

Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 69/20% (To acquire potion of Healing (Superior))
Bartering 1d100 = 37/30% (To acquire potion of Healing (Superior))

Trask again enters the Grand Bazaar and makes his way back to Valrun's Magic Potions & Powders. Tethering Garrick outside, Trask walks in. "I return and would like to purchase a second potion of superior healing please. I have the coin for it now good sir." Trask says in a almost jovial manner.

Would like to Purchase: 1 Potion of Healing (Superior)
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Augur » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:58 am

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 346
Time: 1200
Environment: Late morning, not a cloud in the sky
Location: Llorn, Grand Bazaar


Trask wrote:"I return and would like to purchase a second potion of superior healing please. I have the coin for it now good sir."


The fellow cracks a smile. "I reckoned that I'd see you again. You seemed on quite the mission. Well, here you go, and watch out for cut purses carrying all that coin!"

800 gold deducted for the potion
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Tolliver Trask » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:29 am

Perception: 1d100 = 67/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17; 1d100 = 23
Conditions: Impervious to fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense (Inactive)

Trask nods. "Hopefully I'll be done with my shopping here in a short while and safely back at my place of rest. Thanks for the potion, have a nice day." Trask says before stepping out of the shop. Well that's everything I think." Trask thinks as he exits the shop. Trask moves towards Garrick and ponders if he needs any other goods. Shaking his head, Trask untethers Garrick. "Let's get back and see what the others are up to." Trask says as he leads his oldest companion back to the sea district.

The Lycinean Pier
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Tatyana Singh » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:52 pm

Perception: [57%] 1d100 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 81

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell.

Tatyana walks into the Grand Bazaar and looks around, This could take awhile. she thinks to herself. Ever since the shadow dragon incident, the female Wolfen has became a local presence during the reconstruction, and has shed her ever present cloak, Tat moves though the crowd, looking over most people there, she inspects every stall and shop, to find the best deal on the things she wants at a price she's willing to pay. She's not foolish, she keeps a close eye on her belongings.

Tatyana is looking for [2] high quality silk tunic and pants in various colors, [2] pair of high quality leather gloves, [2] standard quality knifes/Daggers and sheaths, A standard quality Pipe and 4 oz of gnomish pipe tobacco and a standard quality Tobacco pouch, and a high quality flask.

Once she finds and buys all the small stuff, she will head over to the Three Ring Ranch and Bestiary. She's looking for something that she can use as a useful mount. She's also looks for a trained Kiffi (Wolfen Cattle dog), she's always heard they make loyal companions.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Augur » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:47 pm

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 346
Time: 1230
Environment: Late morning, not a cloud in the sky
Location: Llorn, Grand Bazaar


Tatyana walks into the Grand Bazaar and looks around. Silk tunics, pants, and leather gloves are readily available in a variety of minor stalls, weapons appear to be monopolized in this district by a place called The Steel Anvil, and she notes a place called Valrun's Magic Potions & Powders which seems to also double as a tobacconist in addition to other, less mundane wares.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Thorgrim » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:19 am

Per (48%): 1d100 = 94
JiC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 6

Thorgrim shakes his head, hearing the offer from the sullen dwarf. What a ripoff... No doubt Thoran would give me far better service if he were here!
”Master Dwarf, unfortunately we’re not going to make a deal today. I’ve a spare suit of armor for a situation like this. My canid friend and I ought to be off then...” Thor extends a hand to shake the Dwarf’s, ”Thanks for your time. What was your name, again?”

Thor gestures to Fox to move back out to the grand bazaar streets.

Fox wrote:Fox replies to Thorgrim, "There is a good possibility. I was shown a likely location on a map, which I attempted to copy. I can not say much about my skill as a cartographer, but at least we should have a clue where to look."


Thorgrim pats fox on the back in appreciation, ”Good boy!” OOps! I hope he doesn’t take that the wrong way! ”That is... great job, Fox. That’s precisely what we need - very simple, yet essential; a direction for us to go. We can go back and plot our route back at the Inn, with the others. Check out about repairs for your armor, and I’ll head back to the Inn. I’ll see you there friend.”

Thor tramps off to the Inn at the Lycinean Pier, Sea District
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 51/51
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Fox » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:44 am

Perception: 1d100 = 39 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC%: 1d100 = 21

Fox starts towards the exist, thinking to head to the high district to seek for a guild of Alchemists, then remembers that the dwarven fellow mentioned a name. He pauses and looks around at the signs, perhaps this Valurn is someone nearby.

His grasp of eastern is not great, but he eventually realizes one sign says Valrun among other words, so he heads over there. When he enters the shop he looks around curiously...
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Tatyana Singh » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:40 pm

Perception: [57%] 1d100 = 62
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 85

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell.

Having bought one set of bright red and one set of deep deep silk tunic and pants of a very fine quality and of her size, "These will go nicely with my dark green set. May the light shine on you." she says the the guy at the stall before leaving. Tatyana takes her time finding a couple of pairs of high quality leather gloves that are comfortable, strong and fit; not an easy task for a Wolfen in a human city, but she manages it and smiles warmly at the merchant. The undead hunter then heads for The Steel Anvil. This looks like a promising place to get the knifes I want. the Wolfen thinks to herself. She enters and looks around, focusing more so on the small pointy weapons on display then any of the larger weapons. "Now to find something in my size." Tatyana says to herself. She lightly slides a finger each blade that catches her interest. When asked, Tatyana will reply, "Yes, I'm looking for a matching pair of large, stout, single-edged fighting knifes with a clip point, curved concavely to a point and sharpened with a cross guard and sheaths. Oh, and silver if the price is right."
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Augur » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:38 pm

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 346
Time: 1245
Environment: Early afternoon, not a cloud in the sky
Location: Llorn, Grand Bazaar


Goldenbeard Armories
Thorgrim's quick exit deprives him of any useful response. Thor tramps off to the Inn at the Lycinean Pier.


Valrun's Magic Potions & Powders
Fox looks for Valrun's shop and enters, looking around curiously. A tall, white-haired male elf holds himself aloof and watches Fox for a minute before commenting. His purple and silver robe hangs loosely about him like there's not much beneath it. "Well, Kankoran, are you keen on buying a potion? Don't just sniff there at my door, but be civilized and inquire after your needs and desires. If you have the coin, I might be able to help satisfy them."

GM NOTE: Tatyana, I did not write that you bought anything. You post your intentions. The GM posts the results. If you want to buy something, you'll need to roleplay an interaction with an NPC like everyone else in this thread has done. Follow their examples as they're doing a great job of it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Fox » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 64 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC%: 1d100 = 26

Fox says to the Elf, "Good day sir, I was recently gifted with a set of magical armor and it became damaged in a fight with some Orcs. I was told this is the place to inquire about repairs."

That seems suitably polite, Kankorans respect Elves because Elves are long lived, wise, and respect nature. Fox would act suitably, treating the Elf with great respect.

If asked, he will bring out the armor and show it to the Elf, so that he can see how it is damaged to estimate the required repairs.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Augur » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:37 pm

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 346
Time: 1245
Environment: Early afternoon, not a cloud in the sky
Location: Llorn, Grand Bazaar


Tatyana at The Steel Anvil
Tatyana finds the The Steel Anvil and looks around. A couple of burly dwarves emerge from a room recessed from the open air and lock eyes with Tatyana. Their hands reflexively go to the hammers at their belts. Tatyana inquires, "I'm looking for a matching pair of large, stout, single-edged fighting knifes with a clip point, curved concavely to a point and sharpened with a cross guard and sheaths. Oh, and silver if the price is right." The dwarves look at each other, then to Tatyana, then back to each other, shrug, and the seemingly older one with the longer, grayer beard saunters towards her.

"That's incredibly specific, Wulf. Good to hear someone speak with knowledge and appreciation of our craft, but for something so specific, you're going to want to custom order such a fine blade. If that's your druthers, I'd be more than pleased to personally take up such a challenge. Curved swords are meant for slicing, and are a rarity in these parts. They're a serious challenge to forge into something truly beautiful, deadly, and resilient." He considers her words for a moment, "Is a custom blade on your mind today, or do you need something already made? Our selection isn't the greatest at the moment, but what we do have on hand remains the finest of quality in the Eastern Territories."

Fox at Valrun's Magic Potions & Powders
Fox inquires, "Good day sir, I was recently gifted with a set of magical armor and it became damaged in a fight with some Orcs. I was told this is the place to inquire about repairs."

The austere and reserved Elf inquires in return, "Ah, magic armor is it? Well, I can affect repairs of course, but it's a time consuming process, and not cheap if the damage is substantial. Can you spare such time? You seem...eager to be on the hunt, Kankoren."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Fox » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:16 pm

Perception 1d100 = 27 of 39
Initiative 1d20+3 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 93

Fox responds, "Indeed I will be headed out again shortly, but I fortunately have another suit of armor, it is not enchanted, but is good quality and fuller coverage than this. It does not let me carry as much, but I can use it while this one is being repaired."

His studded leather will do well for a time, and will probably be much easier to get repaired. He shows the armor and inquires, "How much will the repairs cost?"
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Tatyana Singh » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:06 pm

Perception: [57%] 1d100 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 40

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell.

While taking the threat that the two surprised Dwarves represent, Tatyana can not stop herself from smiling inwardly at the comical scene played out before her. I guess it's understandable, it's not every day a Wolfen walks into you shop, but I've been here for months now. She listens to the older Dwarf and tries not to brisle at being call Wulf. "My name is Tatyana Singh." she says with pride and thinking that using her human name was a better choose then the elfish name in this situation. "And I have an incredibly specific use for them. The quality I see in here is very fine indeed." She says as she waves an arm to take in the wears. The Wolfen Undead Hunter does her best to be respectful to the Dwarves but project a strong figure to them also. "It may be that both are in order as I am in need of good knifes now, but can appropriate the rare craftsmanship of a master." Tatyana's features change and she gives the Dwarf a hard stare, "How much and how long?" she asks bluntly.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Augur » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Fox at Valrun's Magic Potions & Powders
Fox wrote:Fox responds, "Indeed I will be headed out again shortly, but I fortunately have another suit of armor, it is not enchanted, but is good quality and fuller coverage than this. It does not let me carry as much, but I can use it while this one is being repaired. How much will the repairs cost?"


"Of course." He looks over Fox's Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor and muses. "I've never seen it's cousin. Though it does remind me of something certain people in the Western Empire wear. It's not seriously damaged. I can repair it. It'll take two whole days without sleep, so about six days total without the aide of assistants...but I think I can acquire those readily enough. Say two days and two-hundred and eight gold, sir."
208 gold & 48 hours to repair the 14 S.D.C. missing from Fox's Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor


Tatyana at The Steel Anvil
Tatyana Singh wrote:"My name is Tatyana Singh. And I have an incredibly specific use for them. The quality I see in here is very fine indeed. It may be that both are in order as I am in need of good knifes now, but can appropriate the rare craftsmanship of a master. How much and how long?"


The dwarf replies with a barrage of questions. "I figger two weeks to make a pair of fine blades to suit your needs. How much they cost depends on just how fine you want these blades to be, aye? You wanna be buried with 'em? You want to exchange them as bridal oath-weapons? Need them to be sharper than a surly gnome's wit? Lighter than a pickpocket's touch? Hmm?"
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Fox » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:04 am

Perception: 1d100 = 71 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC%: 1d100 = 57

Fox thinks that the price sounds reasonable, "I will have to check if my group plans to go out again soon, if it does then the repairs are able to wait a bit possibly."

He removes 208 gold from his chain of coins and passes it over after checking his count.

He will then politely take his leave and head to the Pier where they generally stay.
The Lycinean Pier
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Tatyana Singh » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:30 am

((Rolls held over))

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell.

Tatyana tilts her head a little to one side like all canines everywhere are prone to do when they hear something strange, "Bridal oath-weapons?" she repeats with a quizzical look. Not likely, as the last few males of her kind left a distinct dislike in her mind. She quickly adds, in a sterner voice, "That'll be the day." Composing herself she carries on, "I also will not be buried with them, my fellow sisters in arms will continue to use them long after my hunt has ended. So they will have to be very resilient, which to me means a bit of weight. I want to feel I have something in my hands when using them and of course sharp, sharp enough to continually slice though the hides of the undead and infernal, time and time again." She smiles for a moment for effect and says, "Two weeks for silver knives like this will do, although I may be gone longer then that; but I will be back for them." This whole time she has been keeping a watchful eye on the dwarves.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Augur » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:53 am

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 346
Time: 1300
Environment: Early afternoon, not a cloud in the sky
Location: Llorn, Grand Bazaar


Tatyana at The Steel Anvil
Tatyana gives the dwarf an answer that appears to be music to his ears. "I also will not be buried with them, my fellow sisters in arms will continue to use them long after my hunt has ended. So they will have to be very resilient, which to me means a bit of weight. I want to feel I have something in my hands when using them and of course sharp, sharp enough to continually slice though the hides of the undead and infernal, time and time again. Two weeks for silver knives like this will do, although I may be gone longer then that, but I will be back for them."

"Aye, seems like some blades you both need and desire. Been dreaming of something like these since you were a pup, I bet." He fishes into his voluminous beard, draws out a stub of charcoal and a bit of blanched leather and does dome figures. "Five hundred and sixty gold each, and they'll be my pleasure to sell to you in two weeks. Seeing as they're custom-ordered, I'll give you a week's time to pick 'em up." He shows Tatyana his sketched design for her approval:

Huge Custom Dagger
Image
• Damage: 2D6+3
• Features: Dwarven-forged, Superior blade edge, Superior balance, giant-sized, silver-coated
• Modifiers: +1 to parry and strike


Cost: 560 gold each; 1,120 gold for 2 such daggers

Fox at Valrun's Magic Potions & Powders
Fox answers, "I will have to check if my group plans to go out again soon, if it does then the repairs are able to wait a bit possibly." He finds that he has only 81 gold in his coin purse. Valrun sees the issue as it arises and shakes his head. "It's no worry, Kankoran. I'll repair it nonetheless. Pay me when it's done, or I keep and sell it at my pleasure."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Tatyana Singh » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:58 pm

((Rolls held over))

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell.

Tatyana takes the sketch and studies it for a moment. She says, smiling her toothy smile down at the Dwarven smith, "Yes, this looks marvellous. I very much look forward to seeing your master craftsmanship. I shall return for the in three weeks at the latest."
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Tatyana Singh » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:28 pm

Perception: [57%] 1d100 = 40
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 92

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell, Horror Factor: 12

Tatyana exits the Steel Anvil, satisfied with the knives being made for her. She walks into the Grand Bazaar and looks around, This could take awhile. she thinks to herself. Ever since the shadow dragon incident, the female Wolfen has became a local presence during the reconstruction, and her confidence around humans has grown,her towering frame, muscular body and distinctive orange tinted fur with black strip is more on show than in the past. The young Wolfen has been around many humans over the years and is under no dilution that the humans have wholly excepted her.
Tat moves though the crowd, looking over most people there, she inspects every stall and shop, to find the best deal on the things she wants at a price she's willing to pay. She's not foolish, she keeps a close eye on her belongings.
She first finds two high quality silk tunic and pants set. One of bright red and one of deep blue, "You there. Tell me you have these in my size and that you are not asking a kings treasury for them." she says to the guy at the stall.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Tolliver Trask » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 57/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 11; 1d100 = 74
Conditions: Impervious to fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense (Inactive)

Trask makes his way into the Bazzar and finds somewhere to hitch Garrick. "I'll be back my friend." Trask says as he starts wandering the area to see if he can find any of his companions. I'm certain at least one of them is here. Trask thinks as he looks about.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Augur » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:48 pm

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 346
Time: 1400
Environment: Early afternoon, not a cloud in the sky
Location: Llorn, Grand Bazaar


Tatyana among the vendor stalls
Tatyana runs across a stall replete with cloth & pattern samples, clothes, hats, and assorted other garments. The round woman in the stall is sipping a cup of tea. She's as wide around as she is tall, or very nearly so. Her bonnet is huge and somewhat ridiculous-looking, but the pattern and material used is beautiful and seemingly looks to be well made. "You there. Tell me you have these in my size and that you are not asking a kings treasury for them."

The woman looks up and laughs. "A bitch with a taste for fine clothing? I do believe I can expire now having seen everything." The woman scowls at Tatyana's request. "Nobody has anything in your size, dearie. You're enormous. You'll not find any clothing in Llorn to fit a being of your size. If you want something as a lady of robust dimensions like you and I you have two options: make it yourself, or have a tailor make it for you specifically." Tatyana conveys her desires to the round lady who whistles. "Two high quality tunic and pant sets--of silk, no less!--one bright red and one deep blue. That's quite a tall order. With the blockade there's no silk coming in at all, so prices are skyrocketing. The coloring isn't a problem; it's not like you asked for purple! But are you really wed to silk, dearie? It'll be quite the challenge to even acquire sufficient materials to make such for you. Wouldn't you prefer a durable linen, or well-braided wool?"
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Tatyana Singh » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:04 pm

((Rolls Held Over))

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell, Horror Factor: 12

Being called a wulf was bad enough, but being called a bitch was just downright rude and to add to it, this rotund human suggests wool in place of silk. "Wool!? Do I look like I need wool? Besides silk is sooo much more comfortable" Tatyana asks. "Guess your right though, this blockade problem has now become personal." With an audible sigh, the Wolfen turns to leave. Spying Valrun's Magic Potions & Powders, she head over and in, using her nose to find the tobacco the Trask was smoking.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Augur » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:59 am

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 346
Time: 1415
Environment: Early afternoon, not a cloud in the sky
Location: Llorn, Grand Bazaar

Tatyana at Valrun's Magic Potions & Powders
Tatyana spies Valrun's shop and enters, looking around curiously. A tall, white-haired male elf holds himself aloof and watches Tatyana for a minute before commenting. His purple and silver robe hangs loosely about him like there's not much beneath it. "Quite the clientele I'm meeting today. Well, Wolfen, are you keen on buying a potion? Don't just sniff there at my door, but be civilized and inquire after your needs and desires. If you have the coin, I might be able to help satisfy them."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: 17) Grand Bazaar

Postby Tolliver Trask » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 68/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9; 1d100 = 23
Conditions: Impervious to fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense (Inactive)

Trask walks in after Tatyana. "Ah there you are, at least I'v found one of you." Trask says shaking his head. "Tavern was far to crowded for my tastes, plus I realized I need more pipe tobacco. What are you seeking?" Trask asks before looking to the elven proprietor.

"I'd like a pound of you finest tobacco blend good sir." Trask asks with a smile.

OOC: Tobacco is 1-8 gp per ounce, so likely it will run Trask 128 gp for a pound of finest blend.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm


Return to Market District

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest