Conversation Archives

This is the central setting from which adventurers travel, and to which they return.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Durak » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:13 am

perception 1d20+4 = 24
JIC 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 48

Durak quietens down to listen to what the Archon has to say

Erva wrote:Your contact will be someone known as Linden Durante. Once done, return here for more instructions." He states, giving those he just named time to process the information. Upon hearing the word Durante, Predat, Trask and Durak vaguely recognize it but can't place it


Sure I know that name from somewhere. Must have been something to do with the Red Brigade, but I'll be damned if I know where.

Erva wrote:"The second objective requires a more fine touch. Master Tyral, you will be spearheading this objective with Zephyr. You will have with you Silhouette, Tatyana, Fox and Durak. Your first objective is to discover more about the runes and containment magic. A quick stop at the Brotherhood should suffice for this. Secondly, you will need to follow up with the Fire Warlock Commander's lead. The Gearhouse near the seagate will be your second stop - it should be closed considering the storm. Our mysterious summoner may have also frequented the Gearhouse, so you will need to be wary." He states, giving them time to process this he continues.


Typical, he's sent me with the Elf Durak inwardly sighed, at least Sil is with me. We should be able to puncture that pomposity

"Excuse me, but as somebody new here, what can you tell me about whom exactly we are fighting and their capabilities?" Durak piped up.

AS he spoke, he was also keeping an eye on any elves (in the absence of any Coyles to worry about for the moment) in the room and noticed Nera with the wooden containers. I wonder what is in there. I'll have to find out once the Archon has finished.
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Fox » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:57 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 2
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC%: 1d100 = 82

Fox spoke to Tatyana first because he is more comfortable speaking to fellow canids, but Tatyana did not answer. He will speak to Tyrul and Silhouette as we travel to the Brotherhood. Perhaps an answer can come from that quarter. Knowing the way magic guilds operate, even asking the question there would cost money.

He is not sure why he is being assigned to go to the Brotherhood, but it does not matter much, he will do what he can to complete his mission.
Last edited by Fox on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:16 pm

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 17
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 11
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 2

PPE: 30/213
Bracelet PPE: 20/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells]

Elias wrote:... "After conducting an investigation of sorts, it is determined that the demon who attacked my home, Boldrak, created the suicide men using some form of rune magic. I am not as versed in runes but the Brotherhood should have more information about that, hopefully. Tyral, that one is on you ..."


**So the Demon created the mortal pawns?? I suppose Menassa might know a bit more, or be able to point me at anyone in the Brotherhood who might know more about Runes and the processes of attempting to … bind such a spell into the essence of someone living.** The Wizard listens as Elias describes a group intended to run down the ‘Herbalist’ called Venner, ** Silhouette. Silhouette. Oh please take Silhouette. Seriously, the Mystic-Shaman girl could be damn useful for … not being on my nerves … Oh come on!! … Ok so then that leaves me with …**

Elias wrote: ... "The second objective requires a more fine touch. Master Tyral, you will be spearheading this objective with Zephyr. You will have with you Silhouette, Tatyana, Fox and Durak. Your first objective is to discover more about the runes and containment magic. A quick stop at the Brotherhood should suffice for this. Secondly, you will need to follow up with the Fire Warlock Commander's lead. The Gearhouse near the seagate will be your second stop - it should be closed considering the storm. Our mysterious summoner may have also frequented the Gearhouse, so you will need to be wary." He states, giving them time to process this he continues … "The groupings you are in are fluid at best. For your directions, it makes the most sense for now. If you have any questions or concerns in any of these directions, speak now." He states and again moves to make eye contact with everyone in the group.


**... With the Warlock, Wolfen, Kobold, Dwarf, and Silhouette … who prides herself on basically being a festering splinter working its way towards my eye … Seriously. I hate you right now Archon!! … That is, if she’s just going to dance around insulting people and refusing to take directions here in the damn city, then why bother? … She already stormed out of the Brotherhood ranting about cooking or something … then last night she demanded that Grandmaster Melinka prove his trustworthiness in the middle of the night when he had been gracious enough to answer my request … It just seems like tempting fate, and more likely than not to damage my own standing with the Brotherhood, but maybe …** Quietly resigning himself Tyral shakes his head at Elias, "I am sorry to hear of the Merchant’s Guildhouse being destroyed, I hope you did not have any friends therein. That said, it seems to me the team visiting the Skadge may be light on those capable of spellweaving, and if questioning Venner in what might or might not be a friendly manner, well Silhouette’s inclination to check other people’s thoughts might be appropriate …"
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 16], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Per: 1d20+3 = 15
JiC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 100

The barbarian warrior raises an acknowledging hand up towards Sera, and the new dwarf... By all the heavens and hells, she lives!! Tis a miracle, methinks!!!. The last Thorgrim had seen of this impressive warrior-woman was as she deferred to interdict a Vampire menace that hindered their party's path to recover Llorn's kidnapped children, and ...for me to break the bones and very back of a Necromancer into brittle splinters... Thorgrim unclinches his fists, as he realizes his memory slips back to his party's previous dark delving into a dungeon of stank and grotesque manifestations.

Once the Archon finishes with an opening for any inquiries, Thor's mind settles after trying to wrap itself around the magnitude of their collective disposition. An Old One did he say? My Father's fathers used to warn of such things, an evil of all times, not to be mentioned, not to be fought... and here we are, trying to fight it's awakening. The callous barbaric man cracks his knuckles and moves his eyes sullenly from Trask experencied, at the least... to Predat Dangerous... to Sera A fighter, and survivor... to Tyral; he raises an inquisitive eyebrow "We'll be without your magical healing abilities this time Tyral. Again, do you think you'd be able to repair this leather-of-iron before we're on our way? Hahaha, not that it would be worth a shite in fighting the agents of an Old One, methinks... I just want to look me best, as it were, hehe."
Thor checks his gear on his person before standing, "I'm ready now, in any case. Naked or otherwise, I have these hands I was born with m'lord." Thor turns to face the Archon. "So we shall 'extract' information from this -Venner- character. Then so be it." Thorgrim then offers a hand to shake to Durak, almost forgetting introductions. "I am Thorgrim. Well met, Durak. I've seen this is the 'polite' way to make introductions in these parts... now may we all begin to break our enemies will, and shed their blood, before they do ours."
Thorgrim, steps over to Predat.
"When shall we be on our way? Shall we be approaching this discreetly? Perhaps I should placed in irons again... it is perhaps, a way, to infiltrate the Skadge."

Thorgrim shrugs noticing the impending weather, "In any case, shall we be off before this storm sets in?"
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: (52)/(52) 49
S.D.C.: 113/(153) 123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Weapons
Rock's Axe, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives, Wooden Stakes, Dragon Shield

Special Equipment
Nambring (enchanted ring): AR 16, +10 PS, +3 PE, +3 All Saving Throws, Curse - cannot be worn with armor.
Guild Cape of the Agentes in Rebus (enchanted garment): AR 10, SDC 37/60, Magic features
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Sera » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:28 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 19+2=21
JiC20: 1d20 = 13
JIC100: 1d100 = 85
Intelligence: 1d100 = 41/59%

The Archon wrote:"Also, as I am sure all of you are unaware, the Merchants Guild guildhouse was destroyed this afternoon. Their leader escaped but a good portion of their resources were lost, it looked to be the work of a summoner judging by the circles."


Sera's face hardens as her eyes narrow. Monsters! Such a blatant attack in the city!? She thinks to herself but does not interrupt the Archon

The Archon wrote:"Right now, we have two objectives. Predat, you will be spearheading the visit to The Skadge, our first objective; with you will be Trask, Sera, and Thorgrim. You need to find Venner and extract information from him. Be wary in the Skadge, the Warden, Archmage and Mender are not to be trifled with. Your contact will be someone known as Linden Durante. Once done, return here for more instructions."


Sera nods when she is given her assignment then glances over the other three she will be moving with, sizing them up, so to speak. Each of them look to be experienced, if not bulky. It seems the Archon is sending almost all of the humans to the Skadge... She thinks to herself, noting who she is going with. "It is monstrous that such a blatant attack on the city could be done; where there many casualties?" She questions in part hoping no one died, but knowing that she'd use any deaths to fuel her. She glances at Tyral when he mentions spellweaving... I wonder if he ever knew about my capabilities, though not a true wizard, I can pass as one.

She returns her gaze to Predat, Trask and Thorgrim then Elias. "If this Venner is an enemy of the people of Llorn, in league with evil than he is no better, he'll talk." Sera states finally, her eyes finally falling on the containers behind Nana.
Sera
 

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Durak » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:39 am

Rolls carried

Thorgrim wrote:Thorgrim then offers a hand to shake to Durak, almost forgetting introductions. "I am Thorgrim. Well met, Durak. I've seen this is the 'polite' way to make introductions in these parts... now may we all begin to break our enemies will, and shed their blood, before they do ours."


Durak looked up at the mountain of a man in front of him. He was used to humans being taller than him (and being in the Red Brigade, an entire unit of Ogres whom when they wanted to talk to Durak, left him face to groin level, which is generally off-putting, especially when considering how rare it is an Ogre bathes), but this one was big for a human.

Durak shook his hand and realised that this human was also a lot stronger than him as well. Today was going to be full of disappointments.

“Good to have a good strong warrior here and not a ponsy Elf!” Durak patted the top of his axe, "hopefully we will be able to split a few heads together. Anybody trying to awaken an Old One obviously hasn't got much between the ears!"
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tolliver Trask » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:48 am

Perception: 1d20 = 6
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 31
Conditions: None.

Trask nods when he's told that Predat will be running the mission. His face hardens when he hears where they will be going. Interesting. Thinks the old man, as he starts to make his way to the others in his small team. I trust Predat in a fight, and If Thorgrim is anything like his father, we'll be fine... but who is this Sera? Trask thinks to himself as he listens to Thorgrim and Sera talk to those around them. Trask sighs when he hears the nature of the conversation. Great the righteous, this never goes over well. Trask thinks as he makes a full stop and waits for Predat to say something. No point in taking my full kit, what I'm wearing should be fine for this trip. Trask thinks while mentally inventorying his weapons. Maybe a blunt weapon, just in case.
Trask
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 32/32
H.P.: 31/31
S.D.C.: 48/48
Armor
Armor
Mjorgullan Mail
• A.R.: 17
• S.D.C.: 360/341
• Modifiers: None.
• Features: Leggings; knee, shoulder, and elbow guards; helmet; coif; hauberk; arm bands; gloves; surcoat.
• Regenerating Armor (10 S.D.C./Hr)
• Wearer is Impervious to Fire
• +3 on all saves


Tower Shield of the Hex
• Damage: A shield-bash does 2D4+4 damage
• S.D.C.: 200/174
• Modifiers: +4 to parry
• Weighs 16 lbs
• Features: Subtract 5% of the damage that would normally be inflicted by a weapon when parried by a shield


Soupcon
Enchanted Kettle Hat
Magic Features
• Indestructible
• Wearer is resistant to Cold
• When used as a pot, water and anything at all edible will result in a delicious and nourishing soup once brought to a boil.
Weapons
Weapons
Longsword of the Hex
Leather Knife Bandoleer
• Sheath 1: Throwing Knife
• Sheath 2: Throwing Knife
• Sheath 3: Throwing Knife
• Sheath 4: Dwarven Throwing Knife
• Sheath 5: Dwarven Throwing Knife
• Sheath 6: Dwarven Throwing Knife
• Sheath 7: Kobold Dagger
• Sheath 8: Dwarven Dagger
• Back Sheath 1: Dwarven Cinquedea
• Back Sheath 2: Enchanted Stiletto

Ranir's Heavy Crossbow 24/24 Crossbow Bolts.
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:06 am

.

Tyral wrote:Perception [+3]: Original post: 1d20+3 = 17
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 11
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 2


PPE: 30/213
Bracelet PPE: 20/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells]

Thorgrim wrote:"We'll be without your magical healing abilities this time Tyral. Again, do you think you'd be able to repair this leather-of-iron before we're on our way? Hahaha, not that it would be worth a shite in fighting the agents of an Old One, methinks... I just want to look me best, as it were, hehe."


Tyral shrugs and chuckles at Thorgrim, "You wouldn’t need a healer so much if you would stop getting hit hehehe … Again, I already have your armor, so I can try to get it repaired but since the rest of us also have a task set to us, I cannot drain my reserves entirely for the task of repairing armor. Before, it looked like that would be within a few days … you may be better off raiding the guild armory for some fully functional armor …" [OOC: the summoning of a Phantom who has more PPE than it takes to summon him would be a useful thing to mention right about now ... :wink: ]

Durak wrote:“Good to have a good strong warrior here and not a ponsy Elf!” Durak patted the top of his axe, "hopefully we will be able to split a few heads together. Anybody trying to awaken an Old One obviously hasn't got much between the ears!"


Tyral cocks an eyebrow and casts a glance over Elias’ way, then offers an exaggerated if bemused aside (based on patently made up history), ”Indeed … the Fonzie Elves of the small seaside kingdom of Ahhnolds were better suited to Happier Days … There was not a warrior amongst them, they were best known as singers and artisans. It’s one of the reasons that they were wiped out by Dwarves in the early days of the great war … Master Thorgrim's presence is likely much more useful to the present task."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 16], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Silhouette » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:24 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 93
Perc: 1d20+2 = 11

Settling back down Silhouette returns to her seat. Eyes glittering in the lantern light the changeling listens intently as a questioning scowl begins to form across her brows. Brushing away chopped bangs from her eyes, her head tilts lazily on her neck as Durak moves to sit near her and discussion begins concerning the tasks ahead,"Ooh, I'm in the group with the wolfen...wolfen's? Wolfenses?" Smiling a little at herself she bobs her head with mild enthusiasm at the mention of Durak, Fox, and Zephyr,"Zephyr might have some good stories and I've never met a dwarf."

Leaning toward Fox the changeling answers his question about getting changed back to a kankoran,"I think you should talk to..." Pausing she shrugs a moment later,"Huh, never mind me, I'm thinking of something else I guess." (Memory was erased by Ygdirran) Curious she asks the kobold facsimile,"What do Kankoran look like normally?"

Tyral:
"I am sorry to hear of the Merchant’s Guildhouse being destroyed, I hope you did not have any friends therein. That said, it seems to me the team visiting the Skadge may be light on those capable of spellweaving, and if questioning Venner in what might or might not be a friendly manner, well Silhouette’s inclination to check other people’s thoughts might be appropriate …"


Silhouette's head bounces back quickly on her shoulders as if someone had punched her at Tyral's effort to send her elsewhere let alone his assumptions of her capabilities. Rebuking his words from the side of her mouth she says with a gesture to Thorgrim,"That's 'cause they aren't going to look into magic, runes, and summoners." Looking from the others and back to Tyral she adds,"I know, your Guild can be uppity about what members know and think they know more than everyone else..." Using their boss as a wedge to her point she says,"I'm here since Elias can see better than your Guild I have something to offer." Glancing at Elias she adds,"Even if his friends are..interesting company. I'm still here Tyral and can tell you that I'm just as valuable as you or the nice Zephy over there." Nodding she smiles at the warlock whose always been friendly.

Gesturing around she looks down from growing awkwardness due to talking about herself so directly before putting her hands on the table flat making her own presumptions about Tyral's intent,"Sending me away just like your guild won't do. I know my own things and their best use and besides, I'm not great at interrogation. Mixing honey with blood is what my Tutor taught me about that. Ask, pay, or kill...move on. It is too great a price to do anything else."

Looking to Durak and the others she pauses a moment thinking on how to approach this constantly raises subject of mind reading says,"Fine." Straightening her back in an imitation of a formal approach with chin raised she seems to be mocking polite manners,"Mr. Durak and others, the pay is decent, the housing so far dry until this storm tests the rooves..." The next words are said with a twitching eyebrow as she smiles wanly with a glance from the side of her eyes at Tyral,"New company is also welcome, but presently being told poor stories. I only use simple mind magic like Zephy uses, but none of you have a problem with a little mind tickling conversation as much as others, I hope?"

Durak:
"Excuse me, but as somebody new here, what can you tell me about whom exactly we are fighting and their capabilities?


Continuing to present a polite exterior either to the chagrin of others or thankfulness despite the mildly mocking charade the forsaken mage nods at the dwarf,"Your question made me think." Her eyes go up into her head as she mulls it over saying,"A lot of magic users."

Counting off on her fingers she says,"The Bad Man, The Necromancer, the illusionist, circle mage...one other I can't pin at this second." Turning her head ear to ear a few motions as if a marble was rolling from one side to the other she concludes,"We've fought a lot of mages..." Scowling at that she adds,"And their magically summoned pawns as well as rune enchanted people that were exploding only last night."

Turning her head to Tyral she adds,"AAND since Elias says the summoner visits the gear house now or in the past, you will need me there."

To Tyral and Zephyr:

Finally she looks to Tyral and Zephyr and points out,"You both have papers and a book that needs reading. Zephy is happy to have my help." Looking to Tyral the forsaken mage says,"I don't read minds but I read books very fast..." Her expression neutral she continues,"Since we will be looking into a summoner I think knowing what that skin wrapped tome says about our last and future enemies before we leave would be useful."

Durak:
“Good to have a good strong warrior here and not a ponsy Elf!” Durak patted the top of his axe.


In an amazing defense of elves Silhouette leans in to speak in whispers to the dwarf a counter argument,"Elves aren't ponsy at all Mr. Durak. My tutor and master was not. Maybe it is unlucky that the ones you've met..." Glancing at Tyral she smiles at him like she is keeping a secret sits up and lets the words rest in Durak's ear.
Last edited by Silhouette on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 82/164 | I.S.P.: 30/58 | H.P.: 43/45 | S.D.C.:42/45(Temp: 7)
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities); Guild Ring(see in dark/magical;see invis)
Armor: Superior Hard Leather: AR 11; 50/50 S.D.C| Modifiers: na
Idrantine Bracelet: PPE: 54/140; ISP: 47 /100
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots; Throwing daggers(4): outside boots;inside sleeve; Vladimir's Bone Staff
Back(shoulder): Ranir Bow, Short | Range: 454' | Damage: 2d6+5 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows
(Other items in backpack)
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Predat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 17
JiC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 62

Erva wrote:"Also, as I am sure all of you are unaware, the Merchants Guild guildhouse was destroyed this afternoon. Their leader escaped but a good portion of their resources were lost, it looked to be the work of a summoner judging by the circles." He pauses and looks to Predat and taps his quill. "Our associate, Venner, has some connection to the summoner - we need what information he has. I have a contact in The Skadge who can get you a meeting with the Warden. Predat, being our Venner expert, this task falls in with you."

What in the Abyss, that many major attacks on one of the most secure cities in the Domain. The Duke must be flipping out. Pre just nods.

Erva wrote:"Right now, we have two objectives. Predat, you will be spearheading the visit to The Skadge, our first objective; with you will be Trask, Sera, and Thorgrim. You need to find Venner and extract information from him. Be wary in the Skadge, the Warden, Archmage and Mender are not to be trifled with. Your contact will be someone known as Linden Durante. Once done, return here for more instructions."

Pre responds, "Right, we will get him to talk." Or Venner will be short a few appendages. Why does that name sound familiar?

Streetwise - 1d100 = 11 / 57% (On Linden, the Warden, Archmage and Mender)
Intelligence - 1d100 = 1 / 69%
Heraldry - 1d100 = 98 / 52%/52%

He looks over his crew, rather pleased with the assignments, I know Thorgrim and Trask are tough bastards, now I get to evaluate Sera and she looks every bit as tough as Thorgrim.

Pre ignores the elf suggesting that Sil come with them. I can get him to speak the truth. As he plays with a knife.

Thorgrim wrote: "So we shall 'extract' information from this -Venner- character. Then so be it." . . . Thorgrim, steps over to Predat.
"When shall we be on our way? Shall we be approaching this discreetly? Perhaps I should placed in irons again... it is perhaps, a way, to infiltrate the Skadge."

"Well, Venner is just hiding out there and is not actually a prisoner, no reason to become a fake prisoner, at least not yet. We need to talk to the Warden first."

Thorgrim wrote: Thorgrim shrugs noticing the impending weather, "In any case, shall we be off before this storm sets in?"

"I am actually thinking we may need to wait. It sounds pretty rough out there."

Sera wrote: "It is monstrous that such a blatant attack on the city could be done; where there many casualties?"

"That was only one of three, the Archon's ancestral home was the hardest hit then there was the barracks . . . there were serious casualties in each of the attacks."

Sera wrote:She returns her gaze to Predat, Trask and Thorgrim then Elias. "If this Venner is an enemy of the people of Llorn, in league with evil than he is no better, he'll talk." Sera states finally, her eyes finally falling on the containers behind Nana.

Pre just nods! He will at that!

Pre looks at his team, "We need to be ready for anything and as we are dealing with Venner, we should pick up a few items that can neutralize poison."

Pre speaks up, "So what is with the crates?"
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
House of the Rising Sun
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Zephyr » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:59 am

Perception: 1d20 = 16+3=19
JiC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 64

Elias wrote: The second objective requires a more fine touch. Master Tyral, you will be spearheading this objective with Zephyr. You will have with you Silhouette, Tatyana, Fox and Durak. Your first objective is to discover more about the runes and containment magic. A quick stop at the Brotherhood should suffice for this. Secondly, you will need to follow up with the Fire Warlock Commander's lead. The Gearhouse near the seagate will be your second stop - it should be closed considering the storm. Our mysterious summoner may have also frequented the Gearhouse, so you will need to be wary."


Zephyr nods, "Understood." He remarks. Much of our prowess is being sent towards the prison, I might ask Gale to conduct a flyby, things have been dangerous recently.

Sil wrote:"New company is also welcome, but presently being told poor stories. I only use simple mind magic like Zephy uses, but none of you have a problem with a little mind tickling conversation as much as others, I hope?"


Zephyr offers a nod and smile before adding, "When needed, I do have some minor abilities that have proven helpful, yes."

Sil wrote:"You both have papers and a book that needs reading. Zephy is happy to have my help."

"Indeed, there are many accounts I must review which may include information about the Gearhouse. I should be able to review them, with Silhoutte's help, while we frequent the Brotherhood." Zephyr remarks.



Elemental
Gale Perception: 1d20 = 14
JiC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 14

Gale over watches the meeting and the surrounding area.
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:15 am

Tyral wrote:Perception [+3]: Original post: 1d20+3 = 17
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 11
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 2


PPE: 30/213
Bracelet PPE: 20/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells]

Tyral shrugs at Silhouette's apparent fit, "You've previously advised that you don't know much about Circles. You have also indicated you use Telepathy. In fact, you seemed quite surprised by the idea that others might not look forward to mental contact that had not been invited. Nothing I have said has been incorrect. Further, you demonstrated some medical skill when Sir Sincerus' intestines had been torn from his body and wrapped around a spiked spool ... so it seemed reasonable to suggest you might be useful to Predat's grouping because as Thorgrim has noted, there does not seem to be a healer included. Fox the currently-Kobold may be qualified, but I do not know if there was some special reason he was placed to accompany Zephyr and I to the Brotherhood ... for all I know it is so that he can complete his Psychic Registration for the year, because it is highly unlikely I will be allowed to bring any of you into the Brotherhood's library. Elias invited questions, so I asked if your skills might not be better suited to Predat. I do not feel like arguing."

Lore: Magic 82% // Magic Wards, Runes, & Circles 72%: 1d100 = 61
Lore: Psychics & Psionics [47%]: 1d100 = 51 -- cannot recall anything specific about Telepathic capabilities.

**I am a member of the Brotherhood, there are no more here in the assembly. But seriously, I almost wish I could go to the damn Skadge to get the hell away from this girl. 'I know my own things and their best use' she says, an that is completely true, but if you will not tell anyone what you can do then knowing where you are best suited is always a fraking coin toss ... and if the option is whether to rub that coin on my eye, or send it away, well ... I have yet to wish she was around ... But I cannot say that, because then Predat will object to having to frakking babysit her.**

The Wizard looks over at Zephyr dubiously, "It's fine if you want her to read documents ..."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 16], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Zephyr » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:24 am

[Rolls held]

Tyral wrote:"It's fine if you want her to read documents ..."


Zephyr offers a wry smile and shrugs, "It'll allow us to maximize our time there, since it is unlikely you will be able to take anyone into the depths of the Brotherhood." Zephyr offers, remembering his own interactions while there.

Lore, Magic: 1d100 = 11/55%
Anthropology: 1d100 = 32/45%
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Durak » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:58 am

rolls carried

Silhouette wrote:
Looking to Durak and the others she pauses a moment thinking on how to approach this constantly raises subject of mind reading says,"Fine." Straightening her back in an imitation of a formal approach with chin raised she seems to be mocking polite manners,"Mr. Durak and others, the pay is decent, the housing so far dry until this storm tests the rooves..." The next words are said with a twitching eyebrow as she smiles wanly with a glance from the side of her eyes at Tyral,"New company is also welcome, but presently being told poor stories. I only use simple mind magic like Zephy uses, but none of you have a problem with a little mind tickling conversation as much as others, I hope?"



"Not one particularly for letting Mind readers in, but if you are going to have to be there, then you'd best be sharing with me ... us as well." Durak huffed. Psychics could be helpful, but also a pain from experience.


Durak:
"Excuse me, but as somebody new here, what can you tell me about whom exactly we are fighting and their capabilities?


Continuing to present a polite exterior either to the chagrin of others or thankfulness despite the mildly mocking charade the forsaken mage nods at the dwarf,"Your question made me think." Her eyes go up into her head as she mulls it over saying,"A lot of magic users."

Counting off on her fingers she says,"The Bad Man, The Necromancer, the illusionist, circle mage...one other I can't pin at this second." Turning her head ear to ear a few motions as if a marble was rolling from one side to the other she concludes,"We've fought a lot of mages..." Scowling at that she adds,"And their magically summoned pawns as well as rune enchanted people that were exploding only last night."

Turning her head to Tyral she adds,"AAND since Elias says the summoner visits the gear house now or in the past, you will need me there."


"Oh joy, lots of magic. At least it sounds like she will get lots of use against the fools who follow an Old One." he patted his axe head.


Durak:
“Good to have a good strong warrior here and not a ponsy Elf!” Durak patted the top of his axe.


In an amazing defense of elves Silhouette leans in to speak in whispers to the dwarf a counter argument,"Elves aren't ponsy at all Mr. Durak. My tutor and master was not. Maybe it is unlucky that the ones you've met..." Glancing at Tyral she smiles at him like she is keeping a secret sits up and lets the words rest in Durak's ear.


Durak gave her a quizzical look; so it wasn't that she had a problem with elves, just merely this one. The group dynamics such as they were starting to come together and judging from what he had seen, Sil was a divisive person within the group, but she had secrets. He was intrigued and resolved to find out more.

OOC Comments
oh god, I dread to think which one of us is going to regret this more


"So noted," he smiled wryly, whilst also looking at Tyral and giving him a look that said I know something you don't.

Predat wrote:Pre speaks up, "So what is with the crates?"


Damn, beaten to it he thought, wandering over towards the barrels. I was going to be subtle, but lets see what the response to Predat is.
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Fox » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 5
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC%: 1d100 = 67

Fox replies to the question asked, "What do Kankoran look like? Well I have heard some humans call them half-pint Wolfen, and there is a degree of truth in the description. There are Canids, with agile bodies, sharply pointed muzzles, fur of brown and red, upright ears, and a tail a bit shorter and less flexible. In height they average a bit shorter than a human and somewhat less massive. Some humans still fear Kankoran, but usually not as much as they fear Wolfen or Coyles."

If Wolfen are humanoid Wolves and Coyles Humanoid Coyotes, then Kankoran are humanoid foxes.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Durak » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:49 am

Tyral wrote:.

Durak wrote:“Good to have a good strong warrior here and not a ponsy Elf!” Durak patted the top of his axe, "hopefully we will be able to split a few heads together. Anybody trying to awaken an Old One obviously hasn't got much between the ears!"


Tyral cocks an eyebrow and casts a glance over Elias’ way, then offers an exaggerated if bemused aside (based on patently made up history), ”Indeed … the Fonzie Elves of the small seaside kingdom of Ahhnolds were better suited to Happier Days … There was not a warrior amongst them, they were best known as singers and artisans. It’s one of the reasons that they were wiped out by Dwarves in the early days of the great war … Master Thorgrim's presence is likely much more useful to the present task."


Good, I’m getting a reaction out of him

“Eyyy,” Durak gestured with his hands, his thumbs sticking out to the side, “They sound like they were a cunning, but hammy group that were all mouth and not able to defend themselves. Glad to see you are realising that I am right.”

Durak had no idea if such a group actually existed, but Tyral was agreeing with him, albeit he suspected in a way he was attempting to mock at the same time
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Thorgrim » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:48 pm

Rolls Carried

Predat wrote:"Well, Venner is just hiding out there and is not actually a prisoner, no reason to become a fake prisoner, at least not yet. We need to talk to the Warden first."


"Hmph! Well that's a relief, but I wouldn't be surprised if we all ended up being cuffed -all the same-. So, I don't know if I'd be bringing all my things with me, in fact this seems like more of a minimalist kind of job to me. Not quite worth risking all of valuables and all, y'know?"

Predat wrote:Pre speaks up, "So what is with the crates?"


Thorgrim's eyes shift back and forth, almost nervously... Well I wasn't about to say something and get into some possible private business and all, but now I know I'm not the only one to notice.

"Might as well talk about 'em, as it looks like we're trapped up here with a raging storm outside and all... although, I'm not bothered getting soaked and all if we're inclined to move out soon."
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: (52)/(52) 49
S.D.C.: 113/(153) 123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Weapons
Rock's Axe, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives, Wooden Stakes, Dragon Shield

Special Equipment
Nambring (enchanted ring): AR 16, +10 PS, +3 PE, +3 All Saving Throws, Curse - cannot be worn with armor.
Guild Cape of the Agentes in Rebus (enchanted garment): AR 10, SDC 37/60, Magic features
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Erva » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Conditions Unchanged


Conversations happen as intended...

The Archon's eyes dart to Tyral at the mention of the lack of spell-weaving for the Skadge group, he nods slightly. "Pardon, I should have elaborated. The Llorn Incarceration and Rehabilitation Center is one of the few places in this city that blocks supernatural abilities. I chose not to send our dedicated spell-weavers there because you all would have been cut off from your connection to your magic." He pauses and leans into the table, looking towards Tyral and the other dedicated magic users. "Tell me how you would feel if all that you are was suddenly cut off -- This prison houses some of the most dangerous enemies of the public, many of which have supernatural capabilities. Also, they are simply there to garner information from Venner and then report back." The Archon states before looking to Predat. "Also, Predat, please give this to Captain Durante and bring him back here." He tells Predat, tossing a light cloth bag towards him and that is when it clicks for the Eandroth. Linden Durante was a Captain in the Red Brigade, retired within the past few years; a former Gryphon Rider of Llorn.
Bag Contents
(Inside the bag is the Guild Cap and Ring)

Both Tyral and Zephyr reach the same internal conclusion about bringing non-members into the depths of the Brotherhood's Library. Tyral's standing would allow for one, maybe two at most to be accompanied by him inside, the rest would be required to wait in the lobby foyer, an unused but supervised study or Tyral's personal quarters. "Our Kankoran may be able to find someone to remove that curse as well while there." The Archon suggests.

Image

Predat and Durak both notice the crates behind but Predat beats Durak to the punch in his questioning of their contents. The Archon opens his hands out and then folds them again. "Let it not be known that the work you all will do for me is dangerous and life-threatening, but not without rewards or compensation. Aside from being a guardian, I am also a collector - these, along with the items some of you have received already, are from my personal vault from my House. As the dangers increase, as will the rewards for successfully handling them." He pauses and tosses a small crate at Trask, "Also, I think this belongs to you, Mr Trask." When Trask checks its contents he finds a rather unappealing yet sturdy steel helmet that seems familiar.
Image

He also tosses two bundles towards Durak and Sera containing the guild-cloak and ring. "Use these to identify yourself as a member of my expedition, they are also rather useful in of themselves. The cloak offers environmental protection and the ring can alleviate language barriers."

At this point, Nana rises and carries several boxes to different parts of the table while the Archon speaks. "Some of you have received gifts from me in the past; those that did must make do with what you have. As I do not know yet the full risk level of this threat, I can only augment my crew to the threat I see." Boxes are placed in front of Thorgrim, Predat, Zephyr, Tatyana and Fox. "Predat, Zephyr, Thorgrim, Tatyana and Fox, each of you have preformed valiantly thus far in my service. Where I was able to reward Tyral and Silhouette for their services, I am now doing the same to you. Lest you not face these dangers I am facing unprepared." He offers a slight nod of his head before looking towards Sera and Durak. "As you excel with me, you too shall see just rewards."

Image
As the crew who received tokens unwraps their boxes, the Archon speaks identifying them. "Tatyana, you risked your life during the demonic attack of my house to save lives, before you lies the Armor of Wolveract; said to have been worn by Wolfen Military Specialists to battle supernatural enemies. This one came to my possession some decades ago, and for now passes to you. Use it wisely, throwing a cloak over it would help as well." The Archon states, the last bit with a bit of dry humor.

Image
"Predat, for exceptional courage and battle tactics against the demonic abomination that destroyed my home, I present the Ghost Armor of Kulbankirk. A legendary assassin from the Holy City of Khemmenu, devote follower of Panath, used this armor. Use it wisely and our foes will fall before they see you."

Image
Mighty Thorgrim, for your actions at my house to stave off the destruction and defeat our common foe, the Dragonshield. Used by the human warriors of old to battle dragon-kin and their ilk, it will serve you well and should serve as a fine replacement to your current Kite Shield. Also, I did overhear your armor has taken significant damage, consider this in place of your armor. It will work well with your shield, but alas is unable to be used with armor."
The Archon pulls off a ring with Ox-like imagery from his left and and tosses it towards Thor; Thor can feel it hum in his hand.
Image

Image
"Fox, our Kankoran. Your skills in aiding those around you is exemplary and your desire to protect life is strong. Use this sword to augment that and if used correctly, you will be able to move unseen to those who need aid around you as well as properly defend any wounded in your care.

Image
Image
And Zephyr, our aerial comrade. The Warriors of Rurga are in your debt for your dealings with the Great Mulciber, I fear what would have happened had Mulciber continued its onslaught. Before you lies the Pale Shroud and Scarf, a cloak born in Sekti-Abtu, one of the Old Kingdom's main cities; it can augment your abilities with swifter and unseen actions."
The Archon states before looking over the table, he then offers a bow of his head.

"Your involvement in my operation is voluntary but dedicated, and shall never be unappreciated so long as we are able to accomplish our goals. There are a great many benefits to be had, and a great many risks. Let these, and future material objects be used to prevent the Old Ones return yet again. If we fail, the world dies. You have your assignments, unless there are further questions, you are dismissed." The Archon finishes.

Message from Erva
Items have been added to your sheets
I have made two adventure threads for the group -- do not be confused by "Group 1" "Group 2". That is merely nomenclatures to help distinguish. Group 1 is Skadge Group, Group 2 is Brotherhood/Gearhouse.
Tyral -- Consider your PPE rejuvenated and Thorgrim's armor repaired. #Reset
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."


Player Characters: Echo (Spook Squad)
User avatar
Erva
Game Master
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 pm
Location: Realm of the Old Ones

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:25 pm

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 15
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 18
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 22

PPE: 213/213
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Fly as the Eagle (140.00 Min)

Tyral meets Elias' gaze quite levelly, "I assure you Archon, I am much more than my spellcasting abilities. However being unable to use them can be inconvenient." He watches as yet more gifts are distributed musing, ** ... it still might damn well be worth it to get myself free of Silhouette and what seems to be her new bearded sidekick ... Now those are some distinctive armors. Those could make blending in a challenge, though Tatyana's height likely will make that difficult everywhere, but the huge, menacing spikes may make it ... hard to portray non-threatening in the city.**

Erva wrote:"Mighty Thorgrim, for your actions at my house to stave off the destruction and defeat our common foe, the Dragonshield. Used by the human warriors of old to battle dragon-kin and their ilk, it will serve you well and should serve as a fine replacement to your current Kite Shield. Also, I did overhear your armor has taken significant damage. Masters Tyral and Zephyr, my daughter, Nana, will assist you with repairs; she is quiet proficient in magic."


**Daughter eh? ... Interesting ... ** The Wizard looks over at Zephyr as the meeting comes to an end, and (hopefully) adjourn for a few minutes to a room where with the assistance of Nana and the Warlocks elemental/Phantoms he will use Mend the Broken on Thorgrim's damaged Leather of Iron and to bring his own PPE back up to full (even going so far as to over-charge himself by 15 PPE). "Nana? Who here at the Pier could I trouble for a Magic Pigeon? I should like to send one off to my sister Menassa. You may know her from the Brotherhood. She is a Diabolist who might have a bit of insight, or an idea where to begin my inquiries ... "

To those who have been assigned within the City the Wizard says, "Those magic-users or psychics bound for the Brotherhood who are not members or registered with the City, now might be a good time to pay up dues and fees. Better than having the Guard run across us and having to try and explain things away, and they are unlikely to let a bunch of folks sit indefinitely around the lobby who should register but are not ... I suggest we assemble at the gate in perhaps ... 10 minutes? Since some folks need to put on armor, and I know that can be a process ... Oh and Silhouette, perhaps you could return my spare robe."

Briefly returning to his own quarters, Tyral checks to make sure all is in place, then cases Fly as the Eagle on himself (using the excess/supplemental PPE), pulls up his hood, and departs [[ into The Monsoon's path, bound for the Brotherhood of Magic ... ]]
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 16], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Silhouette » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:19 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 31d100 = 33
Perc: 1d20+2 = 3

Tyral:
"Elias invited questions, so I asked if your skills might not be better suited to Predat. I do not feel like arguing."


Silhouette's face breaks for a moment into one he seems to permanently wear on his face, annoyance. After several seconds the hard edges soften as she blinks seeming to clear her feelings as she places her eyes to the table though her brow demonstrates left over confusion. For a moment she considers sending telepathically to the elf her reason for grousing at the man. Glancing around the room and the occupants she twists up her lips and lets it go as she instead ooohs and ah's at the equipment with a footnote in her thoughts to catch the elven mage one on one, soon.

Tyral:
Oh and Silhouette, perhaps you could return my spare robe."

Opting to be civil at the present she answers,"It is in my room. We can get it before we leave."

Seeing all the weapons and armor she hardly found Elias' remark that Tyral and Silhouette would have to make due relevant. Hers was as low key as she liked her tools. Knives were as much for eating as killing. Bows as much for hunting, though she was poor of practice at tracking, the excuse was still good. And staves as much for walking and defense as anything else. A bracelet? "It looks pretty," was good enough to convince a layman.

The back of her mind mulled over thoughts indirectly, like an annoying reminder because her tutors training would come to her as if he was standing behind her and she'd let something slip because she wishes to remain herself in appearance and stand out from the look of the others. To be herself. Yet training said to wear the identifying guild cloaks and pins, to conceal her presence and abilities among them by embracing the hegemony of the many.

"Look at what trying to go your own way got you, a night in a bloody pit..." Pausing she considers,"Was it a night? Seemed so short before Tat found me there." Sitting and watching the unpacking of their gifts from Elias the changeling studies the elven Archon a long time over the table thinking as she practically argues with herself,"Master told you to make your own way but he taught you those things Silhouette because he felt they were needed."

Chastising herself her thoughts continue,"Besides, it isn't as if they let you sign a different promise. Damn it, and you did sign that Contract. You're stuck to this, might as well do right by Master and get what the rest of them have received..."

Lifting her hand Silhouette beckons to Elias,"Archon?" Wincing she almost retracts that before recalling only Tyral has been sensitive about appropriate titles as she continues,"My contract with...just my signature, was given to the guard this morning." Nodding at the bags she reaches out and pats the one given to Durak,"Got one in my height?" Smiling she adds just not knowing when enough is enough,"Or one of those fashionably short Llornese ones that stop just shy of the hips? I bet that green would go well with my skin in a new yellow dress."

Zephyr:
"Indeed, there are many accounts I must review which may include information about the Gearhouse. I should be able to review them, with Silhoutte's help, while we frequent the Brotherhood." Zephyr remarks.


Nodding Silhouette glances at Elias with a raised eyebrow,"Can we take some time for reading through these? Both the book about Kingscreed and the Warlocks papers might tell us something about how this summoner is controlling such powerful monst..." Looking at Zephyr she corrects,"Beings?" A moment passes for Elias to answer before she asks Zephyr,"How is Yooooo doing?" Smiling she notes cleverly,"Your friend, is his head still in the clouds?"

As an aside she asks the same that Tyral received with the phantoms,"I didn't sleep much last night..." Not mentioning her night long discussion with a death god she asks,"Can your friend help me out with energy too?"

Fox:
Fox replies to the question asked, "What do Kankoran look like? Well I have heard some humans call them half-pint Wolfen, and there is a degree of truth in the description. There are Canids, with agile bodies, sharply pointed muzzles, fur of brown and red, upright ears, and a tail a bit shorter and less flexible. In height they average a bit shorter than a human and somewhat less massive. Some humans still fear Kankoran, but usually not as much as they fear Wolfen or Coyles."


A look of curiosity passes her eyes as she wonders,"I'm just finding that out with how wolfen are liked here. in Yin Sloth I knew one and he was very nice and brave." Shaking her head back and forth she rejects the notion that wolfen are something fearful,"All that I know is Titus, Tat, and well you I guess, oh and an Ironclaw have all been worth knowing." Smiling at the single wolfen among them and back to Fox she asks,"I've not seen any of your um, kind in groups. You all like to travel alone a lot?" Pondering she adds,"I've not seen any wolfen I wanted to run away from. Besides, I bet you're as warm hearted as all the wolfen I've met look!"

Giving Fox a grin she looks to Tatyana and her new armor while putting on a joking wince tells her,"But wearing that nobody will know right away..."

Durak:
"Not one particularly for letting Mind readers in, but if you are going to have to be there, then you'd best be sharing with me ... us as well.


Silhouette's neck wilts to bob her head on sagging shoulders as she gives the dwarf a semblance of an evil-eye,"I don't..." Shaking her head she laughs as she points a finger at the dwarf,"Ah, I'm going to like you. Your good at pulling legs!" Looking to Tyral she says,"Oh he's going to like you too." Leaning forward the forsaken mage adds as she pats the dwarf on the back,"Tyral you like a good joker right?"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 82/164 | I.S.P.: 30/58 | H.P.: 43/45 | S.D.C.:42/45(Temp: 7)
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities); Guild Ring(see in dark/magical;see invis)
Armor: Superior Hard Leather: AR 11; 50/50 S.D.C| Modifiers: na
Idrantine Bracelet: PPE: 54/140; ISP: 47 /100
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots; Throwing daggers(4): outside boots;inside sleeve; Vladimir's Bone Staff
Back(shoulder): Ranir Bow, Short | Range: 454' | Damage: 2d6+5 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows
(Other items in backpack)
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Predat » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:31 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 7
JiC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 30

Pre just nods to the newly revealed daughter of the Archon. He must put some trust in us.

Pre eyes the Ghost Armor of Kulbankirk, very nice. "My thanks Archon, I will strive to be worthy of wearing such armor. I am sure it will be useful in the coming struggles." A slight smile crosses his lips. "Is there any way that we can acquire or purchase a few potions of neutralize poison before we leave? Venner can be a dangerous adversary." Pre changes into his new armor.

Whether they can get some or not, Pre looks at Thor, Sera and Trask, "All right, let's mount up and get moving!" Pre looks to Tyral before he leaves, "Good luck with your task."

Pre heads to the stable, "I need to take Hey Stupid outside the city walls, please get him ready."

Once they are all together and mounted he will lead his merry little band outside the city walls.
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
House of the Rising Sun
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Sera » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 5
JiC20: 1d20 = 4
JiC100: 1d100 = 84

The Archon wrote:"Use these to identify yourself as a member of my expedition, they are also rather useful in of themselves. The cloak offers environmental protection and the ring can alleviate language barriers."

Sera catches the bags and smiles briefly; slipping the ring on immediately. "I am sure these will prove invaluable, Archon, thank you." She states.

The Archon wrote:"As you excel with me, you too shall see just rewards."

Sera offers a small laugh and lowers her head slightly. "You are a most generous patron, Archon." She says and then sits back, listening to the Archon as he goes on his powerful rewarding talk. She'll nudge Zephyr when he gets the cloak and motion her head up at it, basically saying cool.

The Archon wrote:"Your involvement in my operation is voluntary but dedicated, and shall never be unappreciated so long as we are able to accomplish our goals. There are a great many benefits to be had, and a great many risks. Let these, and future material objects be used to prevent the Old Ones return yet again. If we fail, the world dies. You have your assignments, unless there are further questions, you are dismissed."


"The only question I have is; is there a spare horse in the stables? I would not like to slow us on this task; also is there any potions as Predat asked? The better prepared we are.." She offers with a smile and having just arrived, has nothing to collect from her room. She will head to the stables and acquire a mode of transportation before departing with her crew.
Sera
 

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Durak » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:08 am

Rolls carried

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90” Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible],

Erva wrote:He also tosses two bundles towards Durak and Sera containing the guild-cloak and ring. "Use these to identify yourself as a member of my expedition, they are also rather useful in of themselves. The cloak offers environmental protection and the ring can alleviate language barriers."


Durak slipped the ring onto whichever finger he could find it fitted on. It was slim and unobtrusive, so his work gloves would fit on over it without any issues.
He then slipped on the new cloak underneath his existing cloak. He wasn’t sure how protective this cloak was, but he doubted it was better than his Cloak of Iron. It might be a little uncomfortable, but with the rain outside, a double cloak would keep the rain off.

He looked down at his packs; one with his gear and other with his tools.

“Have we got anywhere for me to store my equipment? If we are off to the mages guild, I doubt I will need to do any carpentry or masonry work.”


Silhouette wrote:Silhouette's neck wilts to bob her head on sagging shoulders as she gives the dwarf a semblance of an evil-eye,"I don't..." Shaking her head she laughs as she points a finger at the dwarf,"Ah, I'm going to like you. Your good at pulling legs!" Looking to Tyral she says,"Oh he's going to like you too." Leaning forward the forsaken mage adds as she pats the dwarf on the back,"Tyral you like a good joker right?"


This lady is not quite right in the head Durak thought. Best watch your back here with this lot

"Yeah, I'm a real joker." Durak raised an eyebrow, slowly letting his hand drift near the handle to his axe. He sighed and decided to just get on with the job.

"Lay on Pointy," Durak gestured for Tyral to lead the way.

OOC Comments
Sidekick!!! Sidekick – really? :p
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:16 am

Tyral wrote:Perception [+3]: Original post: 1d20+3 = 15
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 18
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 22


PPE: 213/213
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Fly as the Eagle (140.00 Min)

Silhouette wrote:Opting to be civil at the present she answers,"It is in my room. We can get it before we leave."

Tyral nods, "That's fine, bring it to the Gate as we leave."

Silhouette wrote:Silhouette's neck wilts to bob her head on sagging shoulders as she gives the dwarf a semblance of an evil-eye,"I don't..." Shaking her head she laughs as she points a finger at the dwarf,"Ah, I'm going to like you. Your good at pulling legs!" Looking to Tyral she says,"Oh he's going to like you too." Leaning forward the forsaken mage adds as she pats the dwarf on the back,"Tyral you like a good joker right?"


Durak wrote:"Yeah, I'm a real joker." Durak raised an eyebrow, slowly letting his hand drift near the handle to his axe. He sighed and decided to just get on with the job. "Lay on Pointy," Durak gestured for Tyral to lead the way.


Tyral responds to Silhouette and her new Dwarven pal, "Joking is fine in moderation. You can probably get a room over in the Manor building. I believe each of us has already had rooms assigned Whiskers ... " he finishes with a congenial chuckle as he points the Dwarf in a friendly manner towards the large building where they have been assigned rooms.

The Elf proceeds as set forth previously, departing [[ into the Monsoon's path, bound for the Brotherhood of Magic ... ]]
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 16], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Zephyr » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:49 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 21
JiC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 67

Archon wrote:"Predat, Zephyr, Thorgrim, Tatyana and Fox, each of you have preformed valiantly thus far in my service. Where I was able to reward Tyral and Silhouette for their services, I am now doing the same to you. Lest you not face these dangers I am facing unprepared."


Zephyr offers a modest smile. "I had hoped my actions could help stave the loss of life." The warlock offers.

Archon wrote:And Zephyr, our aerial comrade. The Warriors of Rurga are in your debt for your dealings with the Great Mulciber, I fear what would have happened had Mulciber continued its onslaught. Before you lies the Pale Shroud and Scarf, a cloak born in Sekti-Abtu, one of the Old Kingdom's main cities; it can augment your abilities with swifter and unseen actions.


Zephyr accepts the cloak and scarf with a slight bow. "Thank you, Archon. I hope to see the Rurgians recover from the damage and am glad I was able to help prevent further losses." Zephyr looks over the pale white cloak and scarf and smiles inwardly. When Sera nudges him his face changes from modest to slightly giddy at the cloak and scarf. He removes his current cloak of protection that was snug over his guild cloak and replaces it with the Pale Shroud. He takes the Scarf and ties it as a sash around his waist as he readies to depart.

"Can we take some time for reading through these? Both the book about Kingscreed and the Warlocks papers might tell us something about how this summoner is controlling such powerful monst..." ... "Beings?"


Zephyr offers the dark-skinned woman a smile; "It could help us determine how such beings could fall so easily under their sway. The Great Mulciber is not a force to be trifled with and that it was controlled by a powerful force offers some worry. My companion is doing well, it has offered to support us during our investigations until their conclusion. Hopefully we do not require his assistance for long." Zephyr remarks

Archon wrote:"Your involvement in my operation is voluntary but dedicated, and shall never be unappreciated so long as we are able to accomplish our goals. There are a great many benefits to be had, and a great many risks. Let these, and future material objects be used to prevent the Old Ones return yet again. If we fail, the world dies. You have your assignments, unless there are further questions, you are dismissed."


Zephyr nods and looks towards Predat, Sera, Trask and Thorgrim; "Good luck with Venner. Tyral, I will meet up with you at the gate after I collect Bellator." He says as he departs to collect Bellator and head towards the gate to meet up with Tyral and the rest. Turning towards his Elemental he says ""Brother, please follow us from above and overlook our travels. If anything moves to attack me; please intercept. If at any point you become damaged to the point of death you are released."

Elemental
Perception: 1d20 = 18
JiC: 1d100 = 38/1d20 = 2

Gale will remain unseen and travel above Zephyr overlooking his little brother
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Silhouette » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:15 pm

(Rolls carried)

Silhouette looks from Tyral and Zephyr a moment with a childishly wide eyed confusion as she thinks,"What, no we have to prepare. Stone the knives and straighten the fletching..." Piping up she practically squeaks before asking in rising volume,"B..but are we not reading the documents first?" Looking flustered she pouts,"We, Zephy and I, can not go to the library." Holding out her hands a moment in confusion she states hesitantly,"We need this first, the book and papers." Standing pensively a long moment she waits before recounting words by rote,"Study, observation, recognition." Growing a bit more confident in her position as she recounts her training,"It won't do Tyral for you to go to the library not knowing what to look for and it won't do for Zephy and I to see the Warlocks if we haven't prepared at all."

Literally putting her foot down she says,"Cart before the horse? We have to hitch it first." Silhouette's manner and propensity for action belies the studious side of her as after all she is a mage too,"We have not in this whole time since the necromancer had much to learn about who we are fighting. We did not know that we WERE fighting anyone all that much..." Crossing her arms and tapping her right elbow with her fingers she says,"I will stay here and do the reading if you Tyral and Zephyr want to go to your people...I can bring a message to either of you if it is important."

Hesitating she stops as she rubs the back of her head finishing,"I think I might be repeating myself now?"

Holding out her hand she beckons the two to hand her the book and papers,"Leave it to me, you won't regret it." Smiling she says,"I promise."
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 82/164 | I.S.P.: 30/58 | H.P.: 43/45 | S.D.C.:42/45(Temp: 7)
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities); Guild Ring(see in dark/magical;see invis)
Armor: Superior Hard Leather: AR 11; 50/50 S.D.C| Modifiers: na
Idrantine Bracelet: PPE: 54/140; ISP: 47 /100
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots; Throwing daggers(4): outside boots;inside sleeve; Vladimir's Bone Staff
Back(shoulder): Ranir Bow, Short | Range: 454' | Damage: 2d6+5 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows
(Other items in backpack)
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:00 pm

Tyral wrote:Perception [+3]: Original post: 1d20+3 = 15
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 18
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 22


PPE: 213/213
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Fly as the Eagle (140.00 Min)

Silhouette wrote:Piping up she practically squeaks before asking in rising volume,"B..but are we not reading the documents first?" Looking flustered she pouts,"We, Zephy and I, can not go to the library." Holding out her hands a moment in confusion she states hesitantly,"We need this first, the book and papers." Standing pensively a long moment she waits before recounting words by rote,"Study, observation, recognition." Growing a bit more confident in her position as she recounts her training,"It won't do Tyral for you to go to the library not knowing what to look for and it won't do for Zephy and I to see the Warlocks if we haven't prepared at all." ... Crossing her arms and tapping her right elbow with her fingers she says,"I will stay here and do the reading if you Tyral and Zephyr want to go to your people...I can bring a message to either of you if it is important."


"You are free to read the documents here at the Pier, although I am planning on trying to get a private waiting room for you at the Brotherhood while I am in the Library. Nonmembers are not permitted to enter the Brotherhood's Library, however that does not mean that nonmembers are not allowed inside the building. I am well aware of the 2 topics that I have been tasked with beginning my research on, and my understanding would be that Zephyr and you are not going to see the Warlocks. He already went, and that is where the documents you are reviewing came from. If you find something useful, you can simply advise the desk clerk to send me a message asking that I come out to meet up with you ... that will prevent passing actual sensitive information through any third party."

Silhouette wrote:Holding out her hand she beckons the two to hand her the book and papers,"Leave it to me, you won't regret it." Smiling she says,"I promise."


Tyral shakes his head firmly, "Thanks, but no. I have not finished it yet."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 16], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Thorgrim » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:30 pm

Per: 1d20+3 = 16
JiC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 45

Archon wrote:"Mighty Thorgrim, for your actions at my house to stave off the destruction and defeat our common foe, the Dragonshield. Used by the human warriors of old to battle dragon-kin and their ilk, it will serve you well and should serve as a fine replacement to your current Kite Shield. Also, I did overhear your armor has taken significant damage, consider this in place of your armor. It will work well with your shield, but alas is unable to be used with armor." The Archon pulls off a ring with Ox-like imagery from his left and and tosses it towards Thor; Thor can feel it hum in his hand.


Thorgrim's eyes widen in awe of the powerful gifts as he examines them thoroughly, appreciating their craftsmanship and quality - unlike anything he's had before. "By the gods, Archon, I accept these to accomplish what I swore to do." The awe-struck barbarian slips on the ring, humming with power in his hand and flexes his fingers into and out of a fist as he watches it intently ...Such power. I will conquer our foes with this! "...Never liked being cumbersome with armor anyways, my friend."

Predat wrote:"All right, let's mount up and get moving!"


Thorgrim stands, shoving a powerful arm through his new shield's retention straps, and his opposite palm onto it's face, "Movin, lizard commander... I'm dropping off a few things at my room; I don't intend to bring all my things with me only to potentially have them taken away by some damnable prison security. Anyways, I'll meet up at the stables or by the gate to be on our
way."


The barbarian heads outside, and rushes through the rain to his room, invigorated by the feeling of power which the ring imposes onto him. He unceremoniously slops into the housing building, dripping from some of the rain, and gears up before heading to the stables to get his workhorse Bill ready to go.
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: (52)/(52) 49
S.D.C.: 113/(153) 123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Weapons
Rock's Axe, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives, Wooden Stakes, Dragon Shield

Special Equipment
Nambring (enchanted ring): AR 16, +10 PS, +3 PE, +3 All Saving Throws, Curse - cannot be worn with armor.
Guild Cape of the Agentes in Rebus (enchanted garment): AR 10, SDC 37/60, Magic features
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Fox » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:38 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC%: 1d100 = 21

Fox is pleased with his reward, a magic weapon is always useful to have in a fight, and this one may help avoid a fight in the first place. He will have to store his older sword someplace safe. Most magic weapons can be destroyed...he may need it again some time.

He is worried though, it may be nice to have magic things, but he well knows that anyone giving away so many magic things well expects them to be needed. Magic items are not an everyday thing, they cost more than most folk make in a lifetime.

He will stay quiet for now and keep with his group as they go to do the job they have been given.

He knows one thing, we better hope the Old One has not been disturbed. Those things are so powerful they take multiple gods to beat, we petty mortals have no chance against them.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tatyana Singh » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:13 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 39

Erva wrote:..."Tatyana, you risked your life during the demonic attack of my house to save lives, before you lies the Armor of Wolveract; said to have been worn by Wolfen Military Specialists to battle supernatural enemies. This one came to my possession some decades ago, and for now passes to you. Use it wisely, throwing a cloak over it would help as well." The Archon states, the last bit with a bit of dry humor.


When Tatyana opens the gift she just stares in silence at the armor. Her mouth hangs open as her icey blue eyes dart over the fine workmanship and splendour. "Ooooh yeeeah." slips out in a low voice. Quickly she looks up and says, "Your gift is to kind Archon. With this, I can really bust some heads." Her mind catches up with what the Archon had said to her and gives a little smile to his bit of humor.


Erva wrote:"Your involvement in my operation is voluntary but dedicated, and shall never be unappreciated so long as we are able to accomplish our goals. There are a great many benefits to be had, and a great many risks. Let these, and future material objects be used to prevent the Old Ones return yet again. If we fail, the world dies. You have your assignments, unless there are further questions, you are dismissed." The Archon finishes.


The Wolfen nods her head at this, but doesn't take her eyes off the armor.


Tyral wrote:To those who have been assigned within the City the Wizard says, "Those magic-users or psychics bound for the Brotherhood who are not members or registered with the City, now might be a good time to pay up dues and fees. Better than having the Guard run across us and having to try and explain things away, and they are unlikely to let a bunch of folks sit indefinitely around the lobby who should register but are not ... I suggest we assemble at the gate in perhaps ... 10 minutes? Since some folks need to put on armor, and I know that can be a process ... Oh and Silhouette, perhaps you could return my spare robe."


"I'll be there." Tatyana replies as she heads off to her room to switch armors.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 31/31
SDC: 53/25
PPE: 108/76
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Erva » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:11 am

Conditions: Irrelevant


Closing Remarks; Conversations happen as intended.

To Predat, The Archon shakes his head, "That is one area my compound is lacking in, Predat. The Prison should be able to provide some, also if you wish you can try to procure a herbalist to contract with our guild so we can have such items available in the future. Not everything is free." The Archon states. Predat gets Hey Stupid! safely out.

To Sera, The Archon nods, "I can provide simple riding horses to be used within the City Limits at no charge. They must remain in the city as they are our carriage fleet, you may use one." He states, word spreads faster than Sera moves and she finds the stable boy to already have it prepared.

To Durak, The Archon nods, "Leave your items in the lobby, I will have them moved to a room in the residential house." He states. Durak does leave whatever items he saw fit safely.

To Zephyr, no interactions needed, though the Archon offers a grateful nod of the head at your words.

To Thorgrim, no interactions needed, though the Archon seemed slightly amused by the realization in your eyes at the ring. Thorgrim is able to grab and leave whatever equipment he deemed necessary.

To Fox, no response needed.

To Tatyana, the Archon offers a cordial nod of the head. Tatyana is able to leave or grab whatever gear needed form her room.

To Silhouette, The Archon offers a nod of acceptance at the mention of her contract, "I have received everyone's contracts." He states.

To Tyral, Nana is able to send off a message to Tyral's sister and Tyral is able to recharge his PPE.

To Trask, no interaction.

To Silhouette and Tyral, The Archon can be seen visibly losing his temper. His eyes flash as the two continue their discussion about a proper path. Before he snaps, Nana steps in. "The Archon is sending everyone as groupings to ensure safety. While it is safe here, the road between here and the Brotherhood or the gear house may not be. You may continue this discussion on the road, but the words behind the contract are to go forth." She says, ushering the last two in the room out.

This is simply closing responses, continue them in the adventure thread if you want to bring any of them up. Do not reply to this, it is merely informational.
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."


Player Characters: Echo (Spook Squad)
User avatar
Erva
Game Master
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 pm
Location: Realm of the Old Ones

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Predat » Thu May 17, 2018 8:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 92 / 45%
JiC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 4

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness.

Once he is back, he packs all his spare equipment away in his room without the use of a candle and gets a days sleep, Finally, this has been a long few days. Not the worst few days i've ever had, but pretty bad. The damn dragon was ugly. If this was the first of many fights, we are going to lose some people down the line. He takes that bit of dragon dust and puts it away. He says a short prayer, Panath, thanks for watching my back these past few days! He subconsciously burns all his PPE. (-13 PPE)

In the evening Pre show's his face. If Tyral or the Archon are around he asks, "So what is the plan? I need to go check on a few things, and if we have time, I am going to start a training regiment I've been looking forward to for years. I plan on checking with some sources and asking them to give me a heads up if there are any newcomers in town asking about any of us. Never know what kind of attention we just brought upon ourselves." He waits for a response before heading out.
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
House of the Rising Sun
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby SNAFU » Mon May 21, 2018 2:19 am

Some time has passed...

You have safely transported the goods to the Guildyard. Whatever you don't personally claim is put into the communally accessible storage space appropriate to type/

The Archon calls you around one more time.

"You have done well, no doubt we have cut the head off a very long snake. Unfortunately now we must find the rest of it, that is the rest of the conspiracy. Who was the dragon? Where did it's wealth come from? How did we not notice?

We will not be leaving Llorn until we have answered those questions. I think it is time to get friendly with the Duke. He admires martial prowess, perhaps one of you can get chummy with his lordship.

As luck would have it he has invited the lot of you to the palace. It is to be in one month's time, in honor of the Great Restoration as he calls it. Also... where is his fucking brother?"


The Archon's anger shows as he recalls the fact that the Duke's brother did not attend the initial meeting at his house, nor has he been seen at all during the crisis. He sighs and changes the subject.

"Let me know what you intend to do for the next six weeks," asks the ancient warrior.

Later the Archon finds Fox.

"My apologies, I forgot that you weren't naturally a Kobold." After a moment Fox finds that his transformation is reversed.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1607
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Durak » Mon May 21, 2018 10:54 am

Perception 47% 1d100 = 38
JIC 1d100 = 11 1d20 = 7

OOC Comments
Bringing this over from the previous thread as it will be missed and this element is more applicable here.


When they return to the Archon and the guild (after however long our explorations were), Durak was almost bemused by the praise. We weren’t expecting a dragon; heck even our survival was based more on saving our own skins initially.
Just wish we’d been able to prevent the devastation he thought forlornly, feeling some guilt at the lives lost. Could they have done more, been better prepared or just defeated the dragon before it escaped the cavern?

As Durak receives his items, Durak smiles and thanks the Archon, whilst trying to figure out how to wear everything he has been given.
‘I am going to have to reorganise my equipment. If I wear anything more, I might fall over.’ And 30000 in gold. It’s a start. In fact, that would do as a basis for the idea percolating in my head. Where’s Sil? Tyral may have turned me down, but she might be able to provide the same abilities with some additional insights.

"Tyral, as we now have chance, shall we have another look at that book we found in the tunnels? If the dragon was the owner, then as was said previously, we can now open it. Otherwise, that tells us it has a different owner and we need to find out why the dragon wanted it."

If they get chance, Durak sits with Tyral (and possibly Sil if Tyral is amenable) to look at the book and test if they can now open it and read what it says. Durak has his new stylus ready just in case to translate if it is in a language none of them understand, without having to resort to a magical spell.

As the group discuss things amongst themselves, he also steals a moment with Sil for a private conversation.
“Sil, you know your magic. I want to organise the dwarves into a guild as part of the rebuilding efforts. If we want to use it as well for efforts that assist in the war we are in. Some magical expertise will be required, as will an element of sneakiness. Something that definitely comes easy to you I’ve noticed. Basically, I need a partner that offers that different a perspective.”

Presuming she agrees, they approach the Archon with the idea.

SNAFU wrote:"Let me know what you intend to do for the next six weeks," asks the ancient warrior.


“We have an idea that might benefit Llorn, our own efforts against this cult and admittedly an opportunity for ourselves as well. For rebuilding Llorn, the mages and warlocks might be able to provide the heavy lifting, but it requires designing. In terms of engineering knowhow, the Dwarves are unsurpassed at this. Obviously fronted by two of the heroes of Llorn, rather than just hiring Dwarves to do the design and work, we set up a new guild for them to work through. The benefit for our efforts is that by designing and controlling the works to a degree. Some of the monies can also be funnelled into funds to fight this covert war.” Durak explains his idea, gesticulating with his hands as he does so.



Downtime
OOC Comments
Trip to Northolme – convince Dwarves to create an engineering guild – build Llorn to be even better and take control of the tunnels underneath

Study Dwarven Engineering at the Uni
Red Brigade training – 3 months
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby SNAFU » Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 am

Durak wrote:
“We have an idea that might benefit Llorn, our own efforts against this cult and admittedly an opportunity for ourselves as well. For rebuilding Llorn, the mages and warlocks might be able to provide the heavy lifting, but it requires designing. In terms of engineering knowhow, the Dwarves are unsurpassed at this. Obviously fronted by two of the heroes of Llorn, rather than just hiring Dwarves to do the design and work, we set up a new guild for them to work through. The benefit for our efforts is that by designing and controlling the works to a degree. Some of the monies can also be funnelled into funds to fight this covert war.” Durak explains his idea, gesticulating with his hands as he does so.


"Excellent idea, you may use the travel circle to Laden to get to the base of the mountain, then follow the trade road to Northolme. Get the the Goldebeards blessing, they approved of the Dwarven Engineer course so perhaps they will look favorable on your plan." replies the Archon.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1607
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tolliver Trask » Mon May 21, 2018 8:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 49/33%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 42
Condition: None.

SNAFU wrote:"You have done well, no doubt we have cut the head off a very long snake. Unfortunately now we must find the rest of it, that is the rest of the conspiracy. Who was the dragon? Where did it's wealth come from? How did we not notice?

We will not be leaving Llorn until we have answered those questions. I think it is time to get friendly with the Duke. He admires martial prowess, perhaps one of you can get chummy with his lordship.

As luck would have it he has invited the lot of you to the palace. It is to be in one month's time, in honor of the Great Restoration as he calls it. Also... where is his fucking brother?"


Trask stands quietly while the Archon talks, and is unsurprised when the Archon raises his voice in anger. Hmmm. It's either the greatest of coincidences or maybe he's involved. Trask considers for a few moments before speaking up.


"Sir if you'd like I can look into it?" Trasks says, speaking up where many men may have shied away. Maybe I'm overstepping my bounds, maybe I'm not. Trask thinks.

SNAFU wrote:"Let me know what you intend to do for the next six weeks," asks the ancient warrior.


"I have no immediate plans, Likely I will go and get some training in and look into some equipment I've been meaning to acquire." Trask says confidently.

Once the meeting is over, Trask begins to make his way back to his room when a large crow lands near the old warrior. Trask looks at the large bird quizzically, before he notices the note attached to its leg. Not seeing anyone nearby, Trask approaches and takes the note from the bird who then promptly flies off, likely back to it's roost and handlers.

Trask spends several long moments reading the message, even going so far as to read the message once again. "Hmmm... this is unexpected." Trask says before folding the note up and making his way to try and catch the Archon before he's fully left. Trask stops near the Archon an speaks. "Sir, I've had some news arrive to me just moments ago. I will be leaving the city for a short while to look into an inheritance from my apparently deceased uncle Bartholomew Scott, he was the Lord of Hardcrossing, and apparently willed me his estate in his death. As the note explains he was in one of the building directly under the where the Dragon broke through." Trask says to the Archon.

Well this was most interesting.

Downtime Stuff
Trask wants to do the following things:
Buy a Highback Moorhound
Buy a Messenger Crow
Begin Utu Funerary Rites Training
Visit Hardcrossing, and figure out what needs to be done.
Get the following Danzi Tattoos
-Horror from Beyond the Veil
-Spirit of the Earth
-Wisdom of the Ancestors
Trask
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 32/32
H.P.: 31/31
S.D.C.: 48/48
Armor
Armor
Mjorgullan Mail
• A.R.: 17
• S.D.C.: 360/341
• Modifiers: None.
• Features: Leggings; knee, shoulder, and elbow guards; helmet; coif; hauberk; arm bands; gloves; surcoat.
• Regenerating Armor (10 S.D.C./Hr)
• Wearer is Impervious to Fire
• +3 on all saves


Tower Shield of the Hex
• Damage: A shield-bash does 2D4+4 damage
• S.D.C.: 200/174
• Modifiers: +4 to parry
• Weighs 16 lbs
• Features: Subtract 5% of the damage that would normally be inflicted by a weapon when parried by a shield


Soupcon
Enchanted Kettle Hat
Magic Features
• Indestructible
• Wearer is resistant to Cold
• When used as a pot, water and anything at all edible will result in a delicious and nourishing soup once brought to a boil.
Weapons
Weapons
Longsword of the Hex
Leather Knife Bandoleer
• Sheath 1: Throwing Knife
• Sheath 2: Throwing Knife
• Sheath 3: Throwing Knife
• Sheath 4: Dwarven Throwing Knife
• Sheath 5: Dwarven Throwing Knife
• Sheath 6: Dwarven Throwing Knife
• Sheath 7: Kobold Dagger
• Sheath 8: Dwarven Dagger
• Back Sheath 1: Dwarven Cinquedea
• Back Sheath 2: Enchanted Stiletto

Ranir's Heavy Crossbow 24/24 Crossbow Bolts.
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Mon May 21, 2018 11:42 pm

Perception [63%]: 1d100 = 93
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 20
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 88

PPE: 229/229
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells]

Arriving back at the Pier with others, Tyral takes time to meditate and recharge himself until he and Brago fully restored before rising to unload the bulk of his new near-library onto his bed (taking only 4 spell books and the Book of Secrets). The Wizard makes his way down to a Tanner's shop to purchase 1 dozen sturdily crafted leather bags (slightly smaller than his personal satchel) [PFRPG Pg 272: 12 GP ... so estimating 200 GP for some sturdy well made bags]. These he will shove into his carry-all satchel, and with Faustionne at the ready casts Fly as the Eagle on himself and Brago [-25 PPE, 180 Min], **Now my new friend, we go to fulfill a promise for a pack of ingrates who won't even appreciate it hehehe ... Brago, we're going back to that Cave where we rested after defeating Vladimir.**

OOC: Assuming ~250 Miles, Tyral and Brago can make the flight in ~5 hours

Once he touches down outside the Cave's mouth, Tyral employs 2 of Faustionne's abilities, first summoning a Syphon Entity [Monsters & Animals Pg 50][Summon w Spell, PFRPG Pg 213, 8 Days], "Greetings. I shall call you by the name Kola. You will guard myself and Brago my companion. If anyone or anything attacks us, or attempts to steal from us, you are to attack them, first Immobilizing, then Blinding, then Pain. Do you understand? Once those things are done, you may syphon off its PPE." (These are instructions for Kola to employ Biomanipulation).

Next, Tyral employs Faustionne's ability to summon a Shadow Beast [24 hrs] whom he directs to guard himself and Brago from any harm.

Protections arrayed, the Wizard enters the Cave to create 1 dozen Dimensional Bags with the following stats/capacity, using the influence of the Ley Line to influence the strength of his enchantments (2x Effect).

[12] Dimensional Bag - Custom
[img]____________[/img]
•• Dimensional Pocket [8.0 Years, ~60lbs]
• Weight: 2.0 lbs.
• Modifiers: Ley-Line Crafted
•• Contains:



Assuming nothing goes wrong, Tyral will then return to Llorn (ideally at or about the time that Elias calls forth the Group to put them on 'leave' of sorts. "Before you depart, I have brought these bags. They will allow you to travel without the burden of provisions. I cannot make these at will, and a great deal of effort has gone into their crafting, so treat them with care."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 16], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby SNAFU » Tue May 22, 2018 12:31 am

To Trask:

"I am sorry about your uncle. Take the time you need. But when you come back you will be in a good position to ingratiate yourself to the Duke's court."

To Tyral:
The wizard's mission goes smoothly other than a bear that had made residence of the cave. Luckily Tyral's precautions were more than enough to remove the threat.

Later meeting the Archon:
"Thank you for your contribution. Good thinking."
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1607
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Tue May 22, 2018 7:59 am

Perception [63%]: 1d100 = 40
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 17
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 5

PPE: 229/229
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells]

When approached by Predat about their overall next moves, Tyral offers an enigmatic shrug, "That which will be, will be Master Predat. It appears that this Whiskey-Guild's members are inclined to disperse. I find myself inclined to proceed to the Brotherhood of Magic to delve and discern for knowledge that might be tapped from the Dragon's collection. Take this ... if you need me, I will probably be in Llorn somewhere. The Brotherhood will likely be able to get me a message."

Code: Select all
[b]Dimensional Bag - Custom[/b]
[img]____________[/img]
[size=85]•• Dimensional Pocket [8.0 Years, ~60lbs]
• Weight: 2.0 lbs.
• Modifiers: Ley-Line Crafted 
•• Contains:






[/size]


The Wizard watches as the droll little Eandroth departs then turns as he is approached by another diminutive member of the Company, Durak. Tyral nods at the inquiry, "I agree the book should be investigated, however for now I am inclined to conduct such examination at the Brotherhood, with a couple circles of protection at my back. I will look into it though and advise if there is anything of note, as I mentioned to Master Predat, I plan to proceed there shortly. However, these things take time. It may be a week."


Downtime.6-Weeks
Tyral plans to utilize his upper echelon membership within the Brotherhood to secure several days worth of time within the Time Hole constructed for high level study at the Brotherhood of Magic for 3 Days worth of study. [1 Hr Outside = 6 Hours Inside = 144 Hrs/day]

By the close of the 1st (Outside) day in Llorn, the Wizard has nearly completed study of the recovered Grimoire: Sustain (L5, 12 PPE, 1 Day/L, (2hrs Sleep, No Food or Drink needed), BOM Pg 109). [100 hrs study, 30 hrs sleep, 10 hrs Study "Book of Secrets" (including imprinting with his own Blood-print in private)]

By Day-2 the Elf is leaving Brago outside (as the Wolf is going a bit stir-crazy back in the Time Hole. Over Days 2-3, Tyral next studies: 1) Grimoire: Slam (L2, 5 PPE, 15ft/L, 1d6*10 SDC, 17 to Dodge (RWP, or lose Initiative & 2 Actions), MA Pg 10) [40 hrs]; 2) Grimoire: Power Bolt (L6, 20 PPE, 1600ft +100ft/L, 5d6+2/L, BOM Pg 113) [120 hours]; and 3) Grimoire: Energize Spell (L6, 12 PPE + PPE for other spell (L6 or less), 10ft, BOM Pg 111) [120 hrs]

Emerging from seclusion after several days Tyral and Brago are out and about town several hours each day (as often as not visiting with ladies who encourage his charms [Charm/Impress [80%]) but otherwise studying the old-fashioned way (Sustain Augmented, he handles ~ 16-18 hrs per day with 4-5 hrs play-time) at:

Grimoire: Firestorm (Explosive Fireball) (L8, 30 PPE, 90ft+10ft/L, 1d6/L (20ft radius), (HUGM 188)
Grimoire: Magic Warrior (L10, 60 PPE, 100ft, 2 Melees/L, BOM Pg 135)
Grimoire: D-Phase (L7, 20 PPE, 1Melee/L (-75% SPD), BOM Pg 244)
Grimoire: Create Wood L3, 10 PPE (soft wood logs)/ 20 PPE (hard wood planks), 10 ft, 100lbs, BOM Pg 96)
Grimoire: Stealthwalk L4, 10 PPE, 5 Min/L (+20% Prowl, only while moving >50% SPD), MA Pg 13)


Tyral will also see to do some shopping/trading, but that seems better for the: Shopping Thread
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 16], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Fox » Tue May 22, 2018 4:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47 of 35%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC%: 1d100 = 83

Fox almost trips as his body returns to its true form, the balance of a digitigrad form with a tail as a counterbalance is considerably different, it had taken time for him to get used to a Kobold's form. It does not take as long to regain old reflexes, but there is enough of a change to have to recover.

Fox bows to the Archon, "My thanks for this restoration. I still owe promised services to the Healers. It also seems to me that it is an opportunity to show that not all of my kind are enemies of yours. Working publicly as a healer will let the humans see that some of us can be helpful and not enemies or rivals."

He lowers his muzzle and droops his ears, "Perhaps someone could teach me to read Elven. I only read Wolfen, but most things useful to a healer are written in scholarly Elven. Learning that would increase my educational chances considerably."

Between working with the healers and learning a new language, he will be quite busy until the Ducal feast.

When offered the bag by the wizard, Fox will sniff at is suspiciously and says, "What is it? I do not smell any food."

When what it does is explained to him, his reaction is mixed, "Useful I admit it will be, and for your efforts on all our behalves I think you." Indeed, he thinks it will be highly useful, but each item of magic he gains makes him more nervous about what he is destined to face. Not just him either, with so much power concentrated into the hands of so many heroes, the quest they must all face needs to be incredibly tough.

When he gets to his tribe, he will have to consult with the talekeeper to see if he has any knowledge of any such threat that has ever been faced before.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Durak » Fri May 25, 2018 3:32 am

Rolls carried

He accepts the bag and peers inside it. Pulling out his throwing knife, he drops it into the bag and listens to it land inside the bag to get the idea of the size and dimensions.
“Thank you, I should be able to fit my tools in there. That way, I will always be able to do work that’s needed out in the field.”

“What happens when the magic runs out? Does everything just fall out of the bag or rip it open or is it lost forever?” he inquires, wondering about the logistics of it all.

Tyral wrote:Tyral nods at the inquiry, "I agree the book should be investigated, however for now I am inclined to conduct such examination at the Brotherhood, with a couple circles of protection at my back. I will look into it though and advise if there is anything of note, as I mentioned to Master Predat, I plan to proceed there shortly. However, these things take time. It may be a week."


Durak gives Tyral a look, as if to say you must be joking;
“And do you think you should examine this book by yourself and you get to decide what is relevant? By all means establish if there are any dangers inherent, but several of us should be examining it; different perspectives and it ensures that no one person has the information that we all need to fight this shadow war.” Durak climbs onto a chair in order to be heard by the group and give an impassioned plea.

“We managed to kill a Dragon by remembering mostly to actually work together. We need to continue doing that, which includes deducing what their plans are and what information we have at our disposal. We should be watching each other’s’ backs and not carrying out plans on our own. Alone, we are vulnerable, together we have strength.”

OOC Comments
Yes, Durak is being grumpy about something again
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby SNAFU » Sat May 26, 2018 6:50 pm

It is true that we only started working together when it was nearly too late. That is something we need to improve on. However we will not win this war by committee. To the master goes the master's dues.

I need the information in these books to be disseminated among as many of you as possible, as quickly as possible. To that end I will entrust Master Tyral to organize our collective studies. This is not an invitation for him to horde the knowledge but rather a respect for the scholarly and learned wizarding profession. Master Tyral, I leave this in your capable hands.

Everything in here must be read. It is tactically imperative that this information and these incantations are spread as widely among us as possible. Even those of us not known for scholarly endeavours way have to turn a page or two.

Master Durak, worry not, there is more than enough reading to go around. With your plans you would be hard pressed to read it all at any rate.

Master Fox you can study Elvish at the newly forming School of Science and Magic if it interests you.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1607
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Sun May 27, 2018 10:00 pm

Perception [63%]: 1d100 = 81
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 11
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 43

PPE: 229/229
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells]

Tyral nods calmly at Von'Lycien's proposal that he assign out books for others, "Very well then." Walking over to a table where the collective books have been stacked, he selects several, *She's so indignant that she's not taken seriously as a Wizard. She can work on these awhile.*

SILHOUETTE
Grimoire: Remote Viewing (BOM Pg 246)
Grimoire: Swap Places (BOM Pg 149)
Grimoire: Speed Demon

Durak's impassioned statement of mistrust gets his attention as the Wizard is handing off the books to Silhouette, "Your indignation and mistrust are a bit disheartening Master Durak. To answer your other inquiry with regard to the Bag though, and also Fox's as well I suppose ... at the end, it depends on what you have in the bag at the time. If the enchantment runs out and what you have in the bag fits in the bag, well then you would just feel its weight again, because it would be back in this realm (dimension). However if, at the time the spell ran out, the items in the bag were beyond its physical capacity for carrying then the bag would be damaged as any such items were expelled from the ... holding-realm, for lack of a better term." He will then select several other books and hand them out to Tatyana and Sera:

TATYANA
Grimoire: Object Read the Dead (BOM)
Grimoire: Magical-Adrenal Rush (BOM)
Grimoire: Winged Flight (BOM)
Grimoire: House of Glass (BOM)

SERA
Grimoire: Quickstrike (MA)
Grimoire: Armor Bizarre (BOM)
Grimoire: Choking Blast & Dust Cloud (MA)
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 16], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Fox » Mon May 28, 2018 9:45 am

(Rolls held over)
Fox takes a bit of time to think, during his days of work for the healers, and realizes that he needs to prepare to head home. He needs to being some useful trade goods with him, something whose value they would understand mostly. Given the size of the Dragon's horde, there are likely to be a number of Old Kingdom coins in it that will be for sale as soon as they are properly evaluated and accounted for. He will seek out a banker and explain that he will wish to purchase 10,000 marks worth of these coins as they come up for sale. Such coins are works of art valued for more than their weight in gold, even a distant Kankoran tribe can understand the value of such.

He will also get a 5000 mark bond, one of the indestructible ones they use for large trades. It will be harder explaining the value of that to his tribe, but it is also fairly easy to hide.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Predat » Tue May 29, 2018 8:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53 / 45%
JiC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 7

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness.

Tyral wrote: When approached by Predat about their overall next moves, Tyral offers an enigmatic shrug, "That which will be, will be Master Predat. It appears that this Whiskey-Guild's members are inclined to disperse. I find myself inclined to proceed to the Brotherhood of Magic to delve and discern for knowledge that might be tapped from the Dragon's collection. Take this ... if you need me, I will probably be in Llorn somewhere. The Brotherhood will likely be able to get me a message."


Pre nods, "Thanks for the bag, I'll be checking in here periodically if you have need of me." These guys had better watch their back. Too much loot has been spread about, Thieves and others will come sniffing. Pre checks his room, deposits a few things into his new bag and heads down to his ship to make sure it wasn't damaged in the storm.

http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=872&t=16027
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
House of the Rising Sun
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Durak » Wed May 30, 2018 6:26 am

Rolls carried

SNAFU wrote:It is true that we only started working together when it was nearly too late. That is something we need to improve on. However we will not win this war by committee. To the master goes the master's dues.

I need the information in these books to be disseminated among as many of you as possible, as quickly as possible. To that end I will entrust Master Tyral to organize our collective studies. This is not an invitation for him to horde the knowledge but rather a respect for the scholarly and learned wizarding profession. Master Tyral, I leave this in your capable hands.

Everything in here must be read. It is tactically imperative that this information and these incantations are spread as widely among us as possible. Even those of us not known for scholarly endeavours way have to turn a page or two.

Master Durak, worry not, there is more than enough reading to go around. With your plans you would be hard pressed to read it all at any rate.



Tyral wrote: "Your indignation and mistrust are a bit disheartening Master Durak.


"Considering that you instantly grabbed all the books," Durak grumped as the Archon both managed to support his view and also take Tyral's side on the matter, "that looked to be typical Elf arrogance, but if the Archon says you choose, I suppose I have to live with it. However, I want to be able to read the book we discovered in the chest I opened."

If I'm to be dictated to by an elf, the only ones I'm interested in are a couple of books on gemology and cryptography and that diary/magical thing. That looks to have the most secrets in it.
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Silhouette » Wed May 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 27
JIC: 1d20 = 171d100 = 15

Will get a six week synopsis into place shortly.

After the discovery and defeat of the dragon, the destruction of much of Llorn, and the groups pluming of the depths Silhouette is left feeling a great deal of distrust for Llorn's leaders. Recalling that they claimed to know nothing of secrets below Llorn yet great tunnels and seemingly impossible creations slept below. In her gut she knew why, they were human and more deceitful than even her kind, not that she'd met any of her kind before. Even with her distrust of the human leaders of Llorn she wondered if they were telling the truth as not even Elias knew of these places below as he claimed, but still she didn't trust him fully either.

Elias:
"Everything in here must be read. It is tactically imperative that this information and these incantations are spread as widely among us as possible. Even those of us not known for scholarly endeavours way have to turn a page or two. "


Noting Elias giving responsibility to Tyral yet again the changeling's tongue clucks behind closed lips making no more than a muted pop in her mouth. Keeping silent she would play nice for now even if Elias was going to play elf on elf favoritism. Biting her lip she pokes through the books seeing if the bindings gave hint to potential contents as she sees that some are tomes of esoteric lessons as well as spells.

Humming a sing song tune to herself she takes the grimoire's eventually handed to her by Tyral as she sinks to the floor in a cross legged seat. Cracking the tome It gave the most pleasant audible creek and smell as the binding parts to display pages of arcane instruction as she does. A few moments pass before she starts bobbing her head and blinking profusely mumbling meaninglessly to herself. Switching books she tries another and seems satisfied with the reward inside before looking to the final of the three.

Spending a long time over this third spell-book she scrunches her nose and upper lip together as her hands starts making nonsensical motions before she slaps her palms onto the pages. Looking up from her fanny she leans back grabbing her knees to rocks backwards as she says,"Thorgrim is as good as myself reading this." Leaning forward she lifts herself and lands on her knees stacking the two books she couldn't understand on the floor while keeping the Speed Demon tome under her arm.

Reaching out she taps the tops adding,"You are no good at choosing what I can learn. I'm not a Wizard like you, remember I'm...?" Slowing tightening her lips Silhouette fidgets as her hand reaches and strokes the pages of the closed book under her arm making a,"Thtttttk," sound from plucking at the edge of the binding. Straining at her thoughts she found herself confused against the veracity of her words.

Too much so.

She felt it almost spill out of her face,"Blade Mage." Tyral was the only one she had told so far, but she wasn't ready for so many others to know. Nor did she intend to be so direct in denigrating his selection for her. Sassy certainly, but the words came as if she'd spoken without thinking, which she was prone to but not outside of being emotionally affected. She knew that much about herself, yet this was not one of those moments.

Carefully she picks her words,"I will do as Elias says and read through for now." Giving the elf Wizard a mildly defiant look tinged by confusion from her strangely direct manner of wording she reaffirms the style of her mental means against Tyral's past rebuffing at naming her mental powers as a type of magic,"My mind MAGIC gives me great memory." Looking to Elias and back to Tyral she adds,"And..." Stopping short Silhouette thinks about her words again feeling like a whole different sentence was about to escape her lips regarding their arrogant and uptight boss. Instead she says carefully,"He did... Say that we should all know this." Smiling slightly that words came as planned Silhouette speaks to Elias meaning to say something else but instead utters,"Tyral hates being called Master, so you shouldn't call him that or he'll look at you..."

Clearing her throat she mumbles,"Like... That."

Slowly averting her gaze from Elias and Tyral she plucks a thick book from the stack and starts perusing it absent mindedly before soon tilting her head with growing curiously. Sliding the three tomes she had been previously viewing to her side, even the two she couldn't understand fully, she seems to become engrossed in this singular book as she more than studiously flips from the middle where she started toward the front.

Distractedly she tells Tyral,"I, have, this, under..." Flipping a page she continues reading and soon is flipping pages faster and faster as she seems to have drifted off fully engrossed. (Speed Reading.)

TOME-Converting CHI MAGIC
Level 1-8: With this reference it's possible for the Western Mage to try converting most spells of Chi Magic into spoken invocations. However, this typically requires 1D4 months of study plus one month for every level of the spell itself. For example, a 5th level spell will take 1D4+5 months of study to translate into a spoken invocation. Note that geomantic spells and spells that create Living Chi can NOT be converted into spoken invocations.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 82/164 | I.S.P.: 30/58 | H.P.: 43/45 | S.D.C.:42/45(Temp: 7)
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities); Guild Ring(see in dark/magical;see invis)
Armor: Superior Hard Leather: AR 11; 50/50 S.D.C| Modifiers: na
Idrantine Bracelet: PPE: 54/140; ISP: 47 /100
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots; Throwing daggers(4): outside boots;inside sleeve; Vladimir's Bone Staff
Back(shoulder): Ranir Bow, Short | Range: 454' | Damage: 2d6+5 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows
(Other items in backpack)
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Wed May 30, 2018 11:00 pm

Tyral wrote:Perception [63%]: Original post: 1d100 = 81
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 11
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 43


PPE: 229/229
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells]

The Wizard offers a blithely indulgent glance at Durak's petulance, "I feel much anger from you Master Durak, but you should be careful. Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. I've heard it said that can lead one down a dark path ... Your vision seems clouded by your apparent grudge, you might look around though and note that I did not take 'all the books' but teleported them here to our Lobby. Where you have taken to standing on a chair and making demands. I sincerely hopefully the change in elevation will give you a different perspective." [OOC: Changes in latitude, changes in attitude]

His attention is diverted back as Silhouette declares:
Silhouette wrote: ... "Thorgrim is as good as myself reading this." Leaning forward she lifts herself and lands on her knees stacking the two books she couldn't understand on the floor while keeping the Speed Demon tome under her arm ... "You are no good at choosing what I can learn. I'm not a Wizard like you, remember I'm...?"


*Constantly indignant? Lazy? Impatient? Spoiled? Evasive? Impertinent? ... All of those?*

"You complain about not being treated equally. That you wish to study within the Brotherhood and have access to study the greater Magics. Now is the time. Do or do not, there is no try." OOC: This post brought to you by Grandmaster Yoda

Silhouette wrote:Carefully she picks her words,"I will do as Elias says and read through for now." Giving the elf Wizard a mildly defiant look tinged by confusion from her strangely direct manner of wording she reaffirms the style of her mental means against Tyral's past rebuffing at naming her mental powers as a type of magic,"My mind MAGIC gives me great memory." Looking to Elias and back to Tyral she adds,"And..." Stopping short Silhouette thinks about her words again feeling like a whole different sentence was about to escape her lips regarding their arrogant and uptight boss. Instead she says carefully,"He did... Say that we should all know this." Smiling slightly that words came as planned Silhouette speaks to Elias meaning to say something else but instead utters,"Tyral hates being called Master, so you shouldn't call him that or he'll look at you..." Clearing her throat she mumbles,"Like... That."


"Your recurring reference to Psionics and Psychic powers as 'Mind Magic' is quaint and marks you a provincial to anyone of learning. If you are regarded as an ignorant hedge-mage because you cannot even learn the terms, but that is a decision I leave to you ... As for the other, I dislike your intentional drawn out emphasis of the term. But then you already knew that, didn't you Princess? ... Speaking of things that folks hate, they also tend to hate when people who claim to be comrades attempt to lob off their head while one is unconscious. It's the type of play that fosters mistrust."

*Brago. You feel free to leave a 'present' under her bed.*
Last edited by Tyral on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 16], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Fox » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:46 am

Perception: [dice]1d100<35[/dice] Of 35%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC%: 1d100 = 35

Fox grumbles, "Unfortunately the only language I read is Wolfen, I am going to need to learn a whole new written language or perhaps two to do my share of the reading."

It is possible to tell, for those who know canid body language, that he is quite interested in the idea of reading some of the books, despite his complaints.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby SNAFU » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Silhoette wrote: ....

"Master Silhouette you would do well to mind your elders, and think before you speak,
DO NOT CORRECT ME AGAIN. If you want scholarly responsibility stop acting like a child; you have in no way whatsoever presented yourself as one who is capable of intellectual pursuits. Additionally, your interests in skulkery and assassination have not escaped my notice... does your expertise know no bounds? If so... why do behave in this way? As a fool?"

Durak wrote: ....


"Master Durak, those secrets are not for you. You must haste to Northholme. I have pondered your guild proposal, and I decided you may be the visionary genius I've been searching for. Without a doubt an organized, unified Dwarven Engineer Guild would be an asset in the war on chaos beyond measure.

I wish to become your silent partner, I will match any monetary funds you raise 2 for 1.

But first you must go to Northholme, get the blessing of their leaders and your work here will be half done when you return.

These rings of Elder Dwarven Kings are of interest... as is the fact that one is missing. The keepers of knowledge in Northholme are the venerable priests of Belimar, go to them and see if they know something of these rings."


the rest wrote: ....

The six weeks pass as expected; those who have indicated such have studied the intended material.

Fox completes his money matters.

The Archon, realizing the glut of study material, produces three pairs of bizarre spectacles warded in rare metals.

Warded Spectacles of Reading
  • Knowledge:
    A powerful magic ward that temporarily bestows the knowledge to read, speak, and understand all languages, and recognize enchantments, all at the base skill of 80%. This ward may be used for random activation when the character who disturbs the warded object needs to read instructions, a warning, or communicate with the Diabolist or a minion.
    Damage: None.
    Duration: Constant
    Ward Used With: Inflict (instill knowledge), and area affect.
    Power Words: Acba yin kym-nark-mar
  • Permanence Ward ———————————
    This ward symbol must be carved from the bone of a dragon, demon, devil, godling, or god and combined with an area affect ward. Once activated, the ward is permanently affixed to that item or place and the entire ward phrase is indestructible and makes whatever other magic effect, be it caused by a ward, circle, magic curse or magic spell,
    permanent and always active in the immediate area around the ward! In the case of adding a permanence ward to a magic circle, the entire circle (one giant symbol) becomes indestructible and permanently energized and activated. Only the mystic energy drain ward or power leech circle can temporarily reduce the potency of the permanent magic by half. The negate magic and dispel magic barrier spells have no effect on a permanence
    ward (or magic circles in general). Damage: None, in and of itself; extends the duration and effects of other wards or magic spells or circles indefinitely.
    Duration: Permanent/eternal!
    Used to: Inflict, protection by infliction, protection from, and area affect.
    Power Words: Xy-Lictalon yin Ariel-Rapere-kyn yin Agu yin Netosa

Code: Select all
[b]Warded Spectacles of Reading[/b][list]
[size=85][*][u][b]Knowledge:[/b][/u]
A powerful magic ward that temporarily bestows the knowledge to read, speak, and understand all languages, and recognize enchantments, all at the base skill of 80%. This ward may be used for random activation when the character who disturbs the warded object needs to read instructions, a warning, or communicate with the Diabolist or a minion.
[b]Damage[/b]: None.
[b]Duration[/b]: One minute (4 melee rounds) per level of the Diabolist.
[b]Ward Used With[/b]: Inflict (instill knowledge), and area affect.
[b]Power Words[/b]: Acba yin kym-nark-mar
[*][u][b]Permanence Ward[/b][/u] ———————————
This ward symbol must be carved from the bone of a dragon, demon, devil, godling, or god and combined with an area affect ward. Once activated, the ward is permanently affixed to that item or place and the entire ward phrase is indestructible and makes whatever other magic effect, be it caused by a ward, circle, magic curse or magic spell,
permanent and always active in the immediate area around the ward! In the case of adding a permanence ward to a magic circle, the entire circle (one giant symbol) becomes indestructible and permanently energized and activated. Only the mystic energy drain ward or power leech circle can temporarily reduce the potency of the permanent magic by half. The negate magic and dispel magic barrier spells have no effect on a permanence
ward (or magic circles in general). Damage: None, in and of itself; extends the duration and effects of other wards or magic spells or circles indefinitely.
[b]Duration[/b]: Permanent/eternal!
[b]Used to[/b]: Inflict, protection by infliction, protection from, and area affect.
[b]Power Words[/b]: Xy-Lictalon yin Ariel-Rapere-kyn yin Agu yin Netosa
[/size][/list]


When you are ready, Post in the adventure thread, titling it whatever is appropriate for you proposed mission
viewtopic.php?f=837&t=16958
Trask has started it off
When posting in the Library include your literacy rolls to determine how long you spend reading any particular tome.
and Insanity checks!
so 5 weeks total
two for the first and 3 for the advanced
level ups confrimed
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1607
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

PreviousNext

Return to Llorn

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests