The Lycinean Pier

The Sea District is a rough and tumble seaport with weather-beaten wood and stone structures crammed onto the narrow stretch of land that slopes down from the city walls to the bay.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:45 am

(Rolls carried)

OOC Comments
Save vs Psionics: 1d20+3 = 7/15


Trust a Dwarf to be dismissive of his ‘lesser cousins’, Jakkin thinks irritably as Durak splutters his outrage over the contested liaison.

”Oi now, I’m right here,” he grumbles in reply, and in that moment of inattention Silhouette lunges forward and grabs him by the collar. She’s fast, he’ll admit, almost disturbingly so; but the caramel-skinned beauty hasn’t had his advanced training in unarmed combat. He meets her gaze – he can feel those eyes burning into his brain – and tweaks her wrist so her hand springs open again.

”If I decide to do things differently, lass, you’ll be the first to know,” he replies reflexively...although other thoughts do begin to cross his mind. Have I been going on like this for too long? Is it maybe time to find someone who I can make happy? In terms of his clan, he isn’t even considered old enough to be a voice in adult matters, and certainly too young to marry.

And yet....

”Look,” he blurts out abruptly as Sil turns away to chatter with the undeniably attractive Wolfen girl. ”I didn’t mean to offend you; I think we just crossed paths there. We had our fun, you had fallen asleep—“ And snored more like a bear than a comely young woman, although in retrospect it’s quite endearing ”—and since I hadn’t been invited to stay the night, I collected my things and departed. Some don’t like waking up beside one who’s not an important part of their life, and I’m not that to you, yet.”

He is sorry that he’d hurt her, emotionally. He’s not a cruel man, by nature, and she deserves better than that.

He’ll have to be better.
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/39, S.D.C. 89/89, P.P.E. 10/10
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Augur » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:35 am

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 0900
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine
Location: The Lycinean Pier, guildhall tavern


Tyral wrote:"Orcs? Llorn has the most powerful military in the Eastern Territories. I suppose if there was a good way to cash in on stepping in to supplement trade for the City. Otherwise, I seem to be running low on the interest in volunteering."

While it's generally accepted among the populace, military recruitment has been strong since the dragon's attack. This tells the seasoned man-at-arms and the learned alike two things of immediate import: the local military sustained grievous damage during the attack, and with the addition of so many new men-at-arms, the military capability of Llorn has been severely diminished due to the greenness of its new members. All of this puts Llorn in the precarious position of having a military with a strong reputation, but lacking the capability to meet expected standards; until they've been seasoned with drill, patrol, and skirmishes, the military is effectively a paper tiger.

Fox wrote:"Something has to be done about the quality of the food also, this fare will not do should a strong disease begin to spread, humans need more vegetables in their diet."

Word on the street is that orc raids on caravans & villages along the Old Kingdom border have been drastically higher in frequency and have grown increasingly more severe in the last few months. Some merchants trickling in have even reported sighting orcs in larger numbers than usual moving north.

Predat wrote:"Has anyone heard, are they cancelling the tournaments this year? I was really looking forward to participating."

Predat has indeed heard word that, due to the extensive damage to the city, the tournaments have been postponed indefinitely. Picking up his mug from the table, he notes the corner of a slip of paper attached to the bottom of the mug. Investigating, he finds it's a note.

    Werrington's has suffered a number of recent break-in attempts.
    The authorities are keeping a tight lid of this while they conduct their own bumbling investigation.
    The nature of the break-ins suggests you and your friends ought to look into the matter.

    ~S~

Tolliver Trask wrote: "Archon has been silent to us these three months past."
Durak wrote:"Not heard from the Archon either, that's not a good sign."

Many people, common and noble alike, have been reported missing since the dragon attack. In a few cases, these were disappearances of convenience like fleeing justice. In most cases the bodies simply turned up amid the rubble, but there has been no shortage of bodies crushed or charred beyond recognition. The worst is feared by most this long after the attack.

Thorgrim wrote:”I was out cold for a few weeks, after that dragon tossed me like a gnomish lawn dart... apparently I ended up spending some time in the care of the paladins of rurga, healing up.”

While receiving the ministrations of the followers of Rurga, Thorgrim heard plenty about both the seriousness of Llorn's military condition, the encroachments upon its borders & outlying settlements, and disturbing reports about the spread of something the healers called "ague" throughout the city.

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3915
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tolliver Trask » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 1/59%
Just in case: 1d100 = 56; 1d20 = 2
Conditions: None active.

Trask finishes his meal and the ale that had been set before him. "Well, I suppose when the Archon has need of us he'll be around again." He was alive after the Dragon had died, and he hasn't shown up in the news about being dead... SO yeah, I guess he doesn't need us at the moment.

Silhouette wrote:"Mmm, they get annoyed at the library with me picking up books and setting them down, they think I'm not reading them..." Leaving something out she continues as she looks up,"Anyway I think of each as a whetstone for the mind."


Trask nods at the comment. "Indeed it is." Trask says with a smirk. She's not a dunder headed as she first seemed. Trask thinks with amusement.

Silhouette wrote:"That is why I give them a little more for the food. Stuck on a boat?" Pointing with a morsel of food between her finger's at his dish,"That will have to do." Noting the kankoran's words on trail feed she adds,"Don't worry, that is why we bring you along, in case we get hungry." She left it unclear as to if he was to be feed or to help in feeding.


Trask laughs hard at the implication left unsaid. If supplies were tight during the campaign on the Milligan Line, I likely would have resorted to eating dead Wolfen too. Trask thinks before speaking up again. "Well I tire of mundane manual labor, I'm going to make some inquiries into paying work. If anyone would like to join me?" Trask says as he gets up from his chair. Trask reaches down and grabs his helmet from its spot hanging on the back of the chair and takes a moment to secure it.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Durak » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:46 am

Perception: 50% 1d100 = 97 - definitely didn't spot anything :roll:
JIC 1d100 = 61 1d20 = 9

Silhouette wrote:Hearing the gnome's taunts did little to assuage Silhouette's temper as she considers chucking her dagger toward the gnome knowing it would be with difficulty given Tatyana's efforts to hold her back. Grinding her teeth the changeling's mind whirls with what she can do to this little man," If she escaped Tat could she drag the man to the ocean and drown him?" It would be fitting considering her one paid kill was near here at the docks. Struggling Silhouette tells Tat, "Let me go, I'll show him how to use a knee proper! To the face."


"Oh for Thoth's sake!" Durak exclaims, as he facepalms with his gloved hand. That took all of a few minutes for them to start arguing and being at each other’s throats. Apparently three months of labour didn’t help dampen any problems here and ready to be at each other's throats.

Silhouette wrote:Silhouette's finger's look as if a flower spread in sudden bloom as she lets go of the gnomes collar. Pursing her lips she makes excuse,"If you are here, then that elf who shares Tyral's pompous attitude has a use for you. He might object if I killed you, and I like having a place to sleep where I'm not likely to be robbed..." Giving the gnome a hard look, "At least of no more than of my dignity."


As Sil backs off anyway from Jakkin to eat, he mouths Thank you to Tatyana for holding Sil back. A bloodletting in the tavern would not have been good. Dragging Sil to the authorities, which he would have done, probably also not something he would have enjoyed doing. As tough as Jakkin liked to think he was, he suspects Sil was far more dangerous than that.

Silhouette wrote:"It had been months since I killed something, how was I to not mistake my needs for something else?"


"Find a hobby that doesn't involve killing?" Durak responds, with a slightly confused and concerned tone in his voice. This was a side of Sil he hadn't seen before; the casual way she spoke about killing ... he knew she had a lot of secrets and a dislike of revealing things, but now he was left wondering who else has she killed?

Jakkin Longshanks wrote:”Oi now, I’m right here,” he grumbles in reply


Durak looks at the Gnome with a raised eyebrow;

"She is literally two and a half times your size and a completely different species. I'm surprised she didn't break you" Obviously, the idea of cross species intercourse did not agree with Durak, not knowing Sil's true species. If Durak had spotted Jakkin eying up Tatyana, then he would have said more, but he remains oblivious to this.

Durak leans in and whispers quietly to Jakkin, trying to keep his comments

"Sil is mercurial to say the least," he warns Jakkin, "be careful there. I would suggest keeping your distance for now. Tyral has the greatest experience of dealing with her and he despairs of her mostly."

After the arguing dies down, he moves over to Tyral for a quiet word.

"I've previously given you grief alongside Sil in the past, which whilst fun, I now realise is Sil on her better behaviour, but this ... mark my words, this is going to be trouble. If we do end up splitting up again, we need to keep those two apart; otherwise one of them, probably the Gnome, is not coming back."
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:39 am

Perception: 1d100 = 95/39%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 72

Jakkin grins broadly. Trust a Dwarf to be prudish.

”I’m not that breakable,” he replies wryly ”What, you think that she’s the only tall lass I’ve tumbled? You’d be surprised how many are curious, and we’re all the same height once lying down.”

He sighs. ”I have to admit, though, none are quite like her,” he goes on, glancing at the – yes, that’s the word – mercurial woman. ”But that’s the point, isn’t it? I suppose you like your women quiet and bearded,” the wee man goes on, grinning evilly, ”but I prefer something a little more...tempestuous.” His gaze is draw irresistibly back to the towering woman.

”You can’t warm yourself properly at a fire without catching the occasional smoke and sparks.” He sounds thoughtful, as if running through ideas that hadn’t occurred to him before. ”And I’m not one to sit out in the cold for fear of getting burnt, aye?”

As Durak moves off to speak with yon point-ear, Jakkin returns to his contemplation of Silhouette. Even that name speaks of mystery and elegance in a single word.

What can I do to make her think better of me? She did mention something about not having killed anyone of late. Hmmmm....
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/39, S.D.C. 89/89, P.P.E. 10/10
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Augur » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 0915
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine
Location: The Lycinean Pier, guildhall tavern


The door to the tavern bursts open dramatically and a middle aged man wrapped in a bright, multi-colored cloak catches the door as the sea breeze swings it in hard. His indigo leggings are dusty from lengthy travel afoot, and his wide-brimmed hat is a faded brown from obvious years under the sun. His great mustache and full beard have only the beginnings of gray to them, but the deep canyons at the corners of his eyes speak to a vigorous life. The man begins to call out loudly to the half-crowded tavern hall in a deep, practiced, and evenly cadenced tone that carries as though he were shouting.

    "Orcs about!
    Hear ye, hear ye!
    Danger beyond the walls!
    Hear ye, hear ye!
    Three bounties from three guilds to restore peace and order across the land!"

The fellow takes a deep breath and continues.

    "The Swordsman Agency is offering one hundred gold for every right ear of an Orc brought in!
    The Swordsmen Agency is paying a thousand gold to any brave outrider to scout for Orcs and escort refugees back to the city!
    The Red Brigade is paying a king's ransom to any party which finds and stamp out the root of this menace!"

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3915
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tolliver Trask » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6/59%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 48
Conditions: Sixth Sense.

Trask smirks when the crier gives his spiel. "Well that answers that." Trask says as he continues to collect his things. "Now I have three places to stop I think, especially if we want to optimize our possible payment." Trask says as he pulls his cloak around his shoulders. The Swordsman's hall and Red Brigade, easy things... I've not been to the bounty hunter's guild in a long time.

Swordsman Agency
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 25/39%
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 64

Jakkin smirk up at Tyrel for a moment – if only, huh? – but he immediately seizes on the important details. Pushing his forgotten, salty meal aside, he places one callused hand on the table and vaults across the wooden surface. Scrambling to sit with his legs hanging off the table’s edge beside Sil, he grins up at her.

”Hear that?” he says, eyes alight. ”Sounds like it’s worth our while to go out and do a whole lot of killing,” he goes in the tone of voice of one who’s describing a special treat. ”Get out in the fresh air, shed a bit of Orcish blood, net a king’s ransom in the process? Sounds...” He looks up at her fine-edge profile.

”...wonderful,” he concludes. While he left the Brigade on terms that were at least cordial, if not warm, he’s certainly willing to head back if it means arranging that something special for her needs.

They may want me for training younglings, especially in the wake of this draconic disaster, but I’m done with that for now. He’s out for action, wealth, destiny...and perhaps something more?
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/39, S.D.C. 89/89, P.P.E. 10/10
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Predat » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 7 / 80% (When being watched/listened to: +20%)
JiC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 81

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness.

Pre is amused at the drama between the gnome and Sil. Much better the Eandroth way, fight and prove your worth before you can mate. This casual mating seems foolhardy and doesn't do anything for their race. Besides it may even be dangerous as that gnome may not be long among the living. He spots the note and reads it, So this is from Silk and she doesn't know who is doing it? Has to be out of towners and they must have some skill if they have avoided detection by the guild and the watch.

He heads over to Tyral and calls over Trask, "Hey Old man, come here for a sec." He shows them both the note and then puts it away. "We need to look into this. To many foreigners in town after news of a dragon hoard has spread."

After the man comes in and starts bellowing about a few orcs. "Always like hunting orcs."
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:26 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 8
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 8
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 85

PPE: 229/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15

Durak wrote:After the arguing dies down, he moves over to Tyral for a quiet word. "I've previously given you grief alongside Sil in the past, which whilst fun, I now realise is Sil on her better behaviour, but this ... mark my words, this is going to be trouble. If we do end up splitting up again, we need to keep those two apart; otherwise one of them, probably the Gnome, is not coming back."


Reaching down, Tyral rests a calming hand on Brago and nods in response to the Dwarf. Although he himself had been on the wrong side of a number of analogous tongue-lashing events over the decades Tyral preferred to avoid women quite as imbalanced and volatile as Silhouette. He offers a quiet response to Durak, "It would seem that young Longshanks has lived to long focused on brawn and blades. I doubt too many of his conquests have been as fond of invading the mind or raising the dead though ... she may be more than a sane man of any stature would choose, a bit more erratic than erotic if you will. To each his own though ..."

When the Patchwork-Crier comes in to announce bounties for putting down Orcish outbreaks, the Wizard rises and walks over to the man with a small grin [Charm 80%: 1d100 = 32], "Some Kings are worth more than others friend. You have a figure on how much the High-District folks have put on ending these Orcs?"

Whatever the answer, he thanks the man and returns as Trask offers his inquiry, "I suppose I could be persuaded. Brago has been going on and on about how City-life is disgusting and all of us nose-blind two-legs are offensive to his nose. Could be a laugh-and-a-half to set a two-thousand-pound Locust on a pack of bandits."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Durak » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Perception: 50% 1d100 = 62
JIC 1d100 = 86 1d20 = 7

Jakkin Longshanks wrote:Jakkin grins broadly. Trust a Dwarf to be prudish.

”I’m not that breakable,” he replies wryly ”What, you think that she’s the only tall lass I’ve tumbled? You’d be surprised how many are curious, and we’re all the same height once lying down.”

He sighs. ”I have to admit, though, none are quite like her,” he goes on, glancing at the – yes, that’s the word – mercurial woman. ”But that’s the point, isn’t it? I suppose you like your women quiet and bearded,” the wee man goes on, grinning evilly, ”but I prefer something a little more...tempestuous.” His gaze is draw irresistibly back to the towering woman.

”You can’t warm yourself properly at a fire without catching the occasional smoke and sparks.” He sounds thoughtful, as if running through ideas that hadn’t occurred to him before. ”And I’m not one to sit out in the cold for fear of getting burnt, aye?”


Durak looks him up and down, which takes barely any time and scoffs.

"You can't even look them in the eye and trust me, tempestuous isn't quite the word for it. Considering how blase she just spoke about having not killed anybody recently, be thankful you are not next. Perhaps we can find a more suitable target for her ire." he warns the young Gnome, a disapproving but weary look on his face, "mayhap one will appear soon enough and you won't have to worry about her intents on certain parts."


Tyral wrote: He offers a quiet response to Durak, "It would seem that young Longshanks has lived to long focused on brawn and blades. I doubt too many of his conquests have been as fond of invading the mind or raising the dead though ... she may be more than a sane man of any stature would choose, a bit more erratic than erotic if you will. To each his own though ..."


"Short on height and sense that one," it does amuse Durak to talk about people being shorter than him. ... "wait did you say raise the dead?" Durak looks perturbed by that comment. That one definitely ain't a priest, so raising the dead would be more .... ugh, I hope she isn't otherwise we might have real problems with her.

Predat wrote:He heads over to Tyral and calls over Trask, "Hey Old man, come here for a sec." He shows them both the note and then puts it away. "We need to look into this. To many foreigners in town after news of a dragon hoard has spread."


As Predat comes over to Tyral before the crier arrives, Durak is still stood there talking with the elf. When Predat shows the note, Durak tries to look and is put out if Predat keeps from him; otherwise he reads the note as well, but wisely does not pass any comment as to its origins.

"Hmmm, multiple attempted break ins. Using similar methods or by different crews perhaps he mumbles quietly more to himself than to the others, "I wonder if they are attempting physical or purely magical intrusion?"


When the crier comes in and announces the bounties, it takes his attention away from the note for a moment.

Orcs and a sizable bounty. Will no doubt get a lot of people out to get it, many of them desperate and probably mostly get killed. Best to help those stay safe and not in the path of the orcs. Maybe drop off the odd bounty to them to keep them fed and out of danger if they aren't stupid. He looks over at the assembled group and evaluates them,Thorgrim and Brago either look or I know to have skills for the wilderness, likewise Fox, though I suspect his healing will be more useful. Tatyana, depending on whom the orcs serve might be very useful, Tyral, well elves do like poncing around in the woods, Trask and Predat, both killers and Red Brigade trained, Jakkin, not likely to be noticed and then there's Sil. Well, no doubt she will find some way to be helpful, even if it is to annoy Tyral. Mayhap we can keep her aimed at suitable targets

"Jakkin, I think we just found that new target we were just talking about," he calls over to the Gnome
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Fox » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:28 pm

Perception 1d100 = 70 of 35%
JIC: 1d20 = 19d20, 1d100 = 62 d%

Fox says hesitantly, "I was recently working on a strategy for taking out numbers of foes using my wand and my new bow. I suppose it would not hurt to find out if that strategy would really work."

Killing is not really what he is about, but the strategies employed by the Orcs are seemingly evil. There are two ways to deal with an Orc Horde, the first is to deal with the leader. The second is to deal such a strong blow to the horde that other Orcs decide that the Horde is unlucky. Just possibly he might be able to do that, if he can find the right place. Of course, usually the leader comes to challenge the party damaging their horde long before a blow that effective can be dealt.

Money is, possibly, less of a draw to him than to most others, given his society barely understands the concept (Kankoran are rather on the Periphery of the Wolfen Empire). He understands it better than most Kankoran, but the task itself...and the fame of accomplishing it, are more of a draw to him.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:40 am

(rolls held)

Durak wrote:"You can't even look them in the eye and trust me, tempestuous isn't quite the word for it. Considering how blase she just spoke about having not killed anybody recently, be thankful you are not next. Perhaps we can find a more suitable target for her ire." he warns the young Gnome, a disapproving but weary look on his face, "mayhap one will appear soon enough and you won't have to worry about her intents on certain parts."


Jakkin merely grunts at the condescending caution from Durak; apparently he’s more of a tinkerer than a warrior. He himself can understand what Silhouette is saying; to one trained to the sword and the ending of life it often entails, doing other, less...significant tasks can leave one feeling...underutilized. He’s fairly certain it’s been a great deal longer for him since he’s let someone’s life loose to bleed out onto the hard ground, and he finds himself looking forward to an opportunity.

Durak wrote:"Jakkin, I think we just found that new target we were just talking about," he calls over to the Gnome


Jakkin grins back from where he sits by his caramel treat, nodding sharply.

”Aye, I just suggested as much to the ladies here,” he replies, inclining his head toward Sil and Tat. A few Orcs going down under his blades wouldn’t be at all amiss, in his books.
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/39, S.D.C. 89/89, P.P.E. 10/10
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:00 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD
Perception [71%]: Original post: 1d100 = 8
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 8
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 85

PPE: 229/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15

Predat wrote:He heads over to Tyral and calls over Trask, "Hey Old man, come here for a sec." He shows them both the note and then puts it away. "We need to look into this. To many foreigners in town after news of a dragon hoard has spread."


Tyral reviews the note with distinct concern, What the bloody hells?! Belimar's bollocks, I have a bunch of cash over at Werringtons. I'd better check up on it. Maybe leave some savagely warded stones in place as well, so anyone who touches them ends up burnt to a bloody assed-cinder. He nods to Predat, True, someone definitely need to look into this. Maybe we should even consider a couple team
Vaults."
Thinking something like Safety Deposit Boxes


Durak wrote:"Short on height and sense that one," it does amuse Durak to talk about people being shorter than him. ... "wait did you say raise the dead?" Durak looks perturbed by that comment.


"Well raising may be the wrong term, she's not resurrecting anyone. She's animating the fallen. I have only seen her do it a couple times. I suppose in some folks' estimation once one is dead, then animation is just using the materials around. Dead bodies included. After all I know people who commonly animate suits of armor, or tables, or whatnot ... bodies though are just not really my style."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tatyana Singh » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Perception: (57%) 1d100 = 44
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 86

A few minutes ago....

Durak wrote:"Less of the bastards comments. I'm chalking that up to the fact you can finally speak Eastern," he chuckles before taking another swig of his beer.


In Eastern (Language: Human: Eastern ]40%] 1d100 = 60) she replies,“It's amazing what you can pick up working with humans day in and day out with humans. I had a few of them actually helped me. Thought I had made a few friend out there, but then the rumors of Orcs being used by the Wolfen Empire seemed to put and end to that.” she says with a shrug of her large shoulders as if she wasn't deeply hurt and resentful.

Silhouette wrote:...Sheathing her dagger Silhouette puts an arm around Tatyana's waist,"Hey! Come eat with me!" Reaching out Silhouette pulls her food across the table before them and holds up a chunk of bread for the wolfen seemingly having changed gears but says around the wolfen to the gnome,"Sleep lightly..."


Tatyana let's the little female guide her to the and gases at her dark complexion, for a human she's an attractive one. "I can understand Jakkin's attraction.” she thinks to herself. She ginger bites into the offered bread, being careful not to catch the woman's fingers. When Silhouette addresses the gnome again, the Wolfen does her best impression of a human by rolling her eyes as the two continue on.

Thorgrim wrote:Thorgrim nods in appreciation to Tatyana and attempts switching to speaking in elven to accomodate a more comfortable language for her, ”Thank you, Tat. Its good to see you as well... thankfully you’ve recovered from your draconically induced desire to kill me? Haha, now that was fun. C’mon now, you know I’m just teasing... no hard feelings?”


Tatyana gives Thorgrim a sheepishly look and replies in elven (Language: Elven [77%] 1d100 = 84), “That I have. It was embarrassing enough, let's not bring it up again, ever.”

Fox wrote:Fox says in Eastern, "Well Tatyana, now at least we have one spoken tongue in common. If you want me to undertake to teach you Wolfen, just ask."


The Wolfen gives her racial cousin a toothy smile and replies in Eastern (Language: Human: Eastern ]40%] 1d100 = 84), “It will be helpful and thank you, I will probably take you up on that. I've been trying to learn more about the Empire recently and knowing the language will definitely help.”

Right now...

Tatyana sits back admiring Silhouette, learning to her comrades talk and argue and eating her two plates worth of passable food. She smiles inwardly at the way this odd mix of creatures so easily took to each other. “I certainly hope we can work well together in the future and not have group of individuals but a fighting force. Time will tell I guess.” she thought to herself.
The talk of their missing Lord and the growing threats to the city both worry the Undead hunter.

and then...

Then all of a sudden a city crier walks in, Tatyana knew that this was the end of their break, one way or another.

“Well, Orcs qualify as evil and monsters, I'm in. Besides, they give us so called 'monster races' a bad name." She stands and stretches as best she can in the pub.

Jakkin Longshanks wrote:...Pushing his forgotten, salty meal aside, he places one callused hand on the table and vaults across the wooden surface. Scrambling to sit with his legs hanging off the table’s edge beside Sil, he grins up at her.

”Hear that?” he says, eyes alight. ”Sounds like it’s worth our while to go out and do a whole lot of killing,” he goes in the tone of voice of one who’s describing a special treat. ”Get out in the fresh air, shed a bit of Orcish blood, net a king’s ransom in the process? Sounds...” He looks up at her fine-edge profile.

”...wonderful,” he concludes.


Tatyana shots out a warning hand out in front of her and Sil as the gnome comes fling across the table, worried he may try to retaliate for Silhouette's earlier jump on him, only to have him land and sit on the edge.“Oh for the love of the gods, Jakkin. Get ahold of yourself.” and tries to steer Silhouette away from him saying, “Come on, we should go prepare.” She then looks around at the group, “Say Trask, mind if I tag along?”
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Fox » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:03 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Fox looks off into the distance, remembering, "There is a story...possibly not true, that a long time ago there was a wicked Wizard or possibly Summoner, who used magic to create the Goblins by Transforming dark fae, but was not satisfied. He then transformed a second race of Fae into the Kobolds, but the Kobolds rebelled against him. Finally he transformed a third race into the Orcs, and they served him faithfully until he died and have been servants of evil ever since."

Fox knows a lot of stories, but old stories like that, dating back to the times before the Old Kingdom, are rather suspect. Nobody knows if the Wolfen (and other Canids) even existed that long ago.

He, personally, thinks that Orcs have a choice in how they act...even if their society tends to incline them towards what humans call evil.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Silhouette » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:35 am

JIC: 1d20 = 41d100 = 96
Perc: 63% /1d100 = 14


Jakkin wrote:”Look,” he blurts out abruptly as Sil turns away to chatter with the undeniably attractive Wolfen girl. ”I didn’t mean to offend you; I think we just crossed paths there. We had our fun, you had fallen asleep—“ And snored more like a bear than a comely young woman, although in retrospect it’s quite endearing ”—and since I hadn’t been invited to stay the night, I collected my things and departed. Some don’t like waking up beside one who’s not an important part of their life, and I’m not that to you, yet.”


Silhouette's expression morphs into incredulity as the gnome turns around his unabashed disregard for her expectation of etiquette with excuses. One does not simply sneak out on a girl afterwards while she's dead to the world; that kind of depravity is for necromancers.

However she notes his seeming hesitance to state that his interest in her was truly complete, not that she was feeling that way at the moment. Wrath and brimstone were much closer to her thoughts than reconciliation.

Trask wrote:"Well I tire of mundane manual labor, I'm going to make some inquiries into paying work. If anyone would like to join me?"


Sil's hand reaches out to the back of a chair before her head bobs in a motion that shows,"Oh, yea, I didn't come in with my cloak." Waving at the man she gives him that hand-sign that says,"I'll find you later."And he would know she could. Inexplicably she often found whomever she was looking for without hint nor guide. Before following she needed to get properly washed and dressed. As comfortable as she made her work attire it was not business attire in her preferred line of employment and it had been too long since.

Durak wrote:"Find a hobby that doesn't involve killing?" Durak responds, with a slightly confused and concerned tone in his voice. This was a side of Sil he hadn't seen before; the casual way she spoke about killing ... he knew she had a lot of secrets and a dislike of revealing things, but now he was left wondering who else has she killed?


Pausing Silhouette half forgot her off-beat jest as she gives the dwarven thief a scowl that ones gives when hearing gibberish before catching on,"Oh!" Looking from side to side Silhouette starts to smile wryly,"That was..." Shaking her head she says,"I mean, we need some excitement from time to time and I've not been out breaking bones in a while. I get to Llorn and it's a month straight of harrowing excitement! Then, all I get is the milling of bodies and the working of rock hard stone in hand as my reward and entertainment." Giving a rare smirk and raised eyebrow at the dwarf as she shifts in her stance in a back and forth swishing,"Not that I'm intending to describe anything that happened, of course. Glancing to the gnome she adds,"Nor do my jests forgive."

Jakkin wrote:He sighs. ”I have to admit, though, none are quite like her,” he goes on, glancing at the – yes, that’s the word – mercurial woman. ”But that’s the point, isn’t it? I suppose you like your women quiet and bearded,” the wee man goes on, grinning evilly, ”but I prefer something a little more...tempestuous.” His gaze is draw irresistibly back to the towering woman.


Jakkin wrote:”Hear that?” he says, eyes alight. ”Sounds like it’s worth our while to go out and do a whole lot of killing,” he goes in the tone of voice of one who’s describing a special treat. ”Get out in the fresh air, shed a bit of Orcish blood, net a king’s ransom in the process? Sounds...” He looks up at her fine-edge profile.

”...wonderful,” he concludes. While he left the Brigade on terms that were at least cordial, if not warm, he’s certainly willing to head back if it means arranging that something special for her needs.


Silhouette feels almost as if the word were drawn out of her unwillingly as she says,"Right." Her enunciation of the word carries through several seconds feeling as if the gnome was missing the ice-block she'd dropped in his lap. Still she answers him,"Tempestuous?" Humming to herself she continues,"Like the sea, where a certain gnome could fall from a boat and see himself cooled quite ably."

Hearing the description of hunting orcs and collecting ears and a kings ransom Silhouette was mildly curious, but less in the former and more in the finding the source of the orcs. The rest was soldiering work, the kind of work she'd been doing for three months, back breaking work. A target, the hunt, and a take down was what her pallet in this moment found most appealing.

Tyral wrote:She may be more than a sane man of any stature would choose, a bit more erratic than erotic if you will. To each his own though ..."


Holding up a pinky and waggle it at the elf,"I can tell you this, folks like a little erratic eroticism and a small surprise from time to time." Giving him a near sultry gaze and pouting lip she breaks suddenly with a grin,"Or sometimes what is called for in a scenario is a chocking out as a wanton way to pass the evening." She leaves it unclear if she means a gentleman, herself as she shrugs noncommittally before glancing at the gnome with the threat if he hears.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 28/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:45/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: N/A; Wearing fancy dress and other fitting apparel.
Weapon: Silver dagger in sheath at belt.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Augur » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:59 am

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 0930
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine
Location: The Lycinean Pier, guildhall tavern


Crier wrote:
    "Orcs about!
    Hear ye, hear ye!
    Danger beyond the walls!
    Hear ye, hear ye!
    Three bounties from three guilds to restore peace and order across the land!"
    "The Swordsman Agency is offering one hundred gold for every right ear of an Orc brought in!
    The Swordsmen Agency is paying a thousand gold to any brave outrider to scout for Orcs and escort refugees back to the city!
    The Red Brigade is paying a king's ransom to any party which finds and stamp out the root of this menace!"


Tyral asks the crier, "Some Kings are worth more than others friend. You have a figure on how much the High-District folks have put on ending these Orcs?"
The crier looks up and states blankly, "No, ser."

A good half of the patrons in the tavern tip their hat to the crier on their way out and depart into sea breeze livened morning air. The sun is fully in the sky and rising. The mists over the bay is quickly dissipating, and replacing the mist are flocks of sea birds flying about and shitting on practically everything.

To investigate the recent break-ins at Werrington's go here.
To accept the any (or all) of the three bounties go here.

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3915
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Thorgrim » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:12 pm

Per (48%):1d100 = 2
JiC: 1d100 = 92 / 1d20 = 3

Thorgrim quirks an eyebrow as he pushes himself back from the table and stands in interest of the proposition. Not everyday that someone comes bursting through the door offering good coin for work that I might do for free... that’s a BIG ‘might’ of course.
”If someone’s willing to throw coin at us to stem off an orc-ish invasion, I won’t stop them. Besides, who better to carry out the task? The Archon’s intent would be for us to aid in this during his absence. Besides, he of all people would know how to contact us.”

Tolliver Trask wrote:Trask smirks when the crier gives his spiel. "Well that answers that." Trask says as he continues to collect his things. "Now I have three places to stop I think, especially if we want to optimize our possible payment." Trask says as he pulls his cloak around his shoulders. The Swordsman's hall and Red Brigade, easy things... I've not been to the bounty hunter's guild in a long time.


The massive barbarian folds his corded arms and leans against the wall. He barks to the salty veteran, ”Tolliver! I’m apt to join you, old crow of Utu. Show me where these patrons of our steel are and sign me up - and I’ll show you how to slay orcs, haha...” The knowing barbarian carries on absently, in gobblely, as he recalls battling orcs while in his youth. ”...For I would know more than most of what their violence can do, and what it takes to break them. I shall give back a taste of vengeance for that of my family, and my clan.”
The barbarian releases the tension in his arms as he realizes he must have been absently squeezing them together, in vengeful anger. Vascular blood pumps freely again through his arms and fingers as he settles his thoughts.

Thorgrim rolls his head over towards Fox and remarks, after catching his comment about... ”Taking out groups of your foes, eh Fox? This I’d like to see, but I would be even happier to have an assistant to cut the ears off the orcs which I slay, methinks. In any case it would be better than hanging around here absently. Probably catching this ‘ague’ I’ve heard is spreading about like wildfire; according to many healers I’ve overheard. Fox do you know anything of his? Perhaps one of your colleagues has mentioned it?”
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 49/49
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Weapons
Rock's Axe, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 25/39%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 36

Jakkin makes a mental note that the fair Silhouette enjoys a little choking as well as a good spanking – in case he has the opportunity to do so at a future date.

”Yes indeed, tempestuous like the raging ocean, or a thunderstorm streaming its lightnings across the skies, or deafening rumble of stonefall,” the Gnome replies with apparent relish and equally apparent lack of comprehension that he has just been threatened.

Seeing Trask heading for the door in the wake of the crier’s departure, he tips a nonexistant hat to his most intriguing lady and hops off the side of the table and lands lightly upon the floor. With the long, rapid strides he is wont to use, he actually catches up with the much taller Human before he exits the tavern.

She’s bored? Let’s see if we can stir up a little action to get her blood going.

Exit to Swordsmen Agency
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/39, S.D.C. 89/89, P.P.E. 10/10
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Fox » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10 of 35%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC%: 1d100 = 26

Fox decides to tag along, wherever this ends up, if there is going to be a fight someone will be getting hurt, and where there are hurt people a healer is needed. Also, he is not exactly helpless in a fight. This is especially true if he can find the right place from which to shoot.

Fox comments to Thorgrim, "I have had to treat a few cases of disease lately, though some were simply cases of poor nutrition. I do not know which disease in specific the are talking about, but unless trade is re-established to bring in food it is likely something will get established in the population."

He comments to Tatyana, "Let me know when you have time to start. Humanoids tend to have trouble pronouncing Wolfen, but you should find it easier than human tongues once you get used to it."

(Exits to Swordsman's Agency)
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Durak » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:45 am

Perception 50% 1d100 = 1
JIC 1d100 = 48 1d20 = 4

Tatyana Singh wrote:In Eastern (Language: Human: Eastern ]40%] Invalid dice code!) she replies,“It's amazing what you can pick up working with humans day in and day out with humans. I had a few of them actually helped me. Thought I had made a few friend out there, but then the rumors of Orcs being used by the Wolfen Empire seemed to put and end to that.” she says with a shrug of her large shoulders as if she wasn't deeply hurt and resentful.


"That ..."
Durak sighs wearily; Tatyana had just helped save the city but was still being prejudiced against, "will sadly keep happening with everything that has gone on before. The sooner we prove one way or another the better."

Silhouette wrote:Pausing Silhouette half forgot her off-beat jest as she gives the dwarven thief a scowl that ones gives when hearing gibberish before catching on, "Oh!" Looking from side to side Silhouette starts to smile wryly, "That was..." Shaking her head she says, "I mean, we need some excitement from time to time and I've not been out breaking bones in a while. I get to Llorn and it's a month straight of harrowing excitement! Then, all I get is the milling of bodies and the working of rock hard stone in hand as my reward and entertainment." Giving a rare smirk and raised eyebrow at the dwarf as she shifts in her stance in a back and forth swishing, "Not that I'm intending to describe anything that happened, of course. Glancing to the gnome she adds, "Nor do my jests forgive."


Just can't help yourself
"Well, looks like the opportunity for plenty of action now."

Tyral wrote:"Well raising may be the wrong term, she's not resurrecting anyone. She's animating the fallen. I have only seen her do it a couple times. I suppose in some folks' estimation once one is dead, then animation is just using the materials around. Dead bodies included. After all I know people who commonly animate suits of armor, or tables, or whatnot ... bodies though are just not really my style."


"Still, that's ..." his face screws up in disgust, shaking his head "a bit too close to necromancy or the Churches of Darkness for my liking. Leave the dead to rest. Don't go making their bodies stand up."

"So, who is going where?" he asks the group, "presumably somebody is going to sign us up for bounties."

Going to Werringtons (will add link when post there written)
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tatyana Singh » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:09 pm

((rolls held over))

Durak wrote:"That ..." Durak sighs wearily; Tatyana had just helped save the city but was still being prejudiced against, "will sadly keep happening with everything that has gone on before. The sooner we prove one way or another the better."


Tatyana sighs auditably and replies, "Yes, there is very bad blood between humans and Wolfen, it's not something that will be fixed quickly. I don't know mush about the brethren but I'm learning."

Fox wrote:He comments to Tatyana, "Let me know when you have time to start. Humanoids tend to have trouble pronouncing Wolfen, but you should find it easier than human tongues once you get used to it."


"Thank you, I will and yes, I've heard that. I've attempted a few words before and they did seem to sit in my mouth more naturally the any of the humans tongues or the elves too for that matter."

Seeing Trask departing with out a word of reply, the Wolfen hurries out the door and sprints up the the boarding house, yelling over her shoulder, "Just let me grab my sword!"

By the time she gets back outside, everyone has gone. "Damn it." she says and hurries after the grumpy human.

Exit, stage left, Swordsmen Agency
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Predat » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 95 / 70%
JiC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 88

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness.

Pre has no problems letting Durak in he just brought the note to the attention of the leaders of the team. He nods to Tyral and heads out to Werringtons. Wonder who is trying to take out Llorn's main bank? "Well this is going to be interesting. At least its probably not an ancient dragon of darkness."
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:51 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 32
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 8
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 52

PPE: 229/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15

As people begin to file out, Tyral rises and mentally summons Brago to come along. The Wizard casually grasps his staff then turns his feet towards Werrington's (Merchant Guild House)
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Silhouette » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:49 am

JIC: 1d100 = 991d20 = 4
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 53

Curious at something she heard prior Silhouette wonders to the Bounty Hunter's guild to peruse a refugee problem. However if the do not have anything she can work on presently she will make her way to Werringtons behind Tyral. For now ignoring the man and simply tailing him as she wonders in her own thoughts.


Werringtons House of Trade and Securities: viewtopic.php?f=972&t=17107&hilit=bounty
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 28/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:45/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: N/A; Wearing fancy dress and other fitting apparel.
Weapon: Silver dagger in sheath at belt.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Thorgrim » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:57 pm

Rolls carried.

”Bellimar’s stones, Trask!” In a tiff, Thorgrim pounces his large frame off of the wall he was casually leaning against with arms crossed in response to the Red Brigade veteran tromping out the door. ”I’m right behind ya’ll! Just grabbing a few things!”
Thorgrim runs back to his room and dons his scale mail with practiced speed, then runs out the door while stuffing his backpack with his of cloak of shadows and leather of Iron into his bag... barely remembering to heft up his large metal shield into his arms as he dashes out the door to his room. It’s not a proper Orc hunt unless you’re dressed for success HAHA!
The barbarian beast of a human grins impishly as he makes his way out of the compound; in pursuit of his comrades headed to the...
Swordsmen Agency
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 49/49
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Weapons
Rock's Axe, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tolliver Trask » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21/59%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 41
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Not Active)

Trask heads to the tavern, once inside, Trask heads to his room and grabs his gear. Trask grunts as he hoists the load that normally sits on his mule Garrick. Trask clumsily locks his door before making his way to the stables and his Llornese Mule. "Hello there old friend, we have work to do." Trask says as he begins to arrange the pack on the Mule.

Once the pack is affixed, Trask leads Garrick out of the stables and makes his way to the gates.

City Gates; Adventure
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Previous

Return to Sea District

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest