The Lycinean Pier

The Sea District is a rough and tumble seaport with weather-beaten wood and stone structures crammed onto the narrow stretch of land that slopes down from the city walls to the bay.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Fox » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:12 am

(Rolls held over)
Fox raises his head, perks his ears a bit wider, and widens his eyes...indications of surprise, "You can conjure tons of MEAT? That is amazing!"

Fox is thinking, Such a spell would be worth learning magic for, it would save a clan from starvation forever.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:04 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD


Tyral ponders the Kankoran's response for a moment then shakes his head, "It sounds like what we have here, is a failure to communicate. Food, as it were is not only meat ... well except for those like Brago here. Before, you had said a bounty to those who bring back food ..."

Fox wrote:Fox raises both ears pointing them at Tyrul and curls his tongue before speaking, "I was just proposing placing a bounty to those who go out and bring back food, because this inn is very nearly out. I believe we were told only salted cod fish, bread, and bitters are currently available."

*I thought the smallest Canines also ate other foods like nuts, berries, cannot recall bread ... In fact I was fairly sure I have seen Tatyana eat bread in the past.*

"It's about precision of language. Anyways, I cannot summon up meat or animals myself.
If you want one of those you would want a Summoner from the Brotherhood. They can be tempermental of course, but you can summon up animals like Cows, Sheep, Wildebeests ... Not everything is always available, they need special ritual components. There are always limits ... but amongst the Brotherhood's members we can stave off serious issues with a bit of planning."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Predat » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:51 am

Perception: 1d100 = 48 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 16 1d20 = 7

Pre walks in and listens to them talking about food, "You damn city dwellers are spoiled rotten, Eandroth are sometimes forced to go without food or water for weeks at a time. Sure some don't make it, but it separate wheat from chaff. Strengthens the bloodlines, makes the clan stronger in the long term." So we possibly have assassins after us, well Tyral and Sil anyway, that is best case. Whatever, who wants to live forever anyway. He sits down, stretches out and orders a ale and some stew if there is any. Pre looks at Trask and the others, "Hey old man, any new scars? What is going on? Uhmm, not that I care, one way or the other, but it might not be a bad time to take an out of town mission, way out of town." He glances to Sil and Tyral.
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Fox » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:39 pm

(Rolls carried over)
Fox lowers his ears, a bit dejected, "I specified meat because you had said, after I said what the Inn had available, that the city should not be running out because you had conjured 250 tons of food. As I had already stated bread was available, that implies they should not be out of meat, because that was what they claimed not to have."

Of course he can eat other things besides meat, it is in fact a requirement for good digestion, but meat is a far larger percentage of their diet.

When Predat walks in, Fox replies to his sorte, "Fasting is a common part of tribal life, though doing without water for extended periods is far harder than doing without food."
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tolliver Trask » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:56 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Trask watches the conversation between Fox and Tyral and shakes his head. Not getting involved. Trask thinks.

Predat wrote: "Hey old man, any new scars? What is going on? Uhmm, not that I care, one way or the other, but it might not be a bad time to take an out of town mission, way out of town."


"Likely a few. can't tell really as they're swallowed up by the old ones." Trask says. "So we still have the bounty on the leader of the orc mob harrassing the city. I guess we should go and deal with that. Maybe they'll have better food options as apparently they've been robbing all caravans coming overland." Trask says a bit of venom to his voice. "Oh and we lost the little guy, killed in an ambush a few hours outside of town. Already left his corpse with the priests." Trask say, as a matter of fact.

"We can either leave tonight or in the morning, I do not particularly care too much. I would like to get this done so we can go back to doing whatever it is we do that doesn't involve Orcs." Trask says.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Fox » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:57 pm

(Rolls carried over)
Fox lowers his ears, a bit dejected, "I specified meat because you had said, after I said what the Inn had available, that the city should not be running out because you had conjured 250 tons of food. As I had already stated bread was available, that implies they should not be out of meat, because that was what they claimed not to have."

Of course he can eat other things besides meat, it is in fact a requirement for good digestion, but meat is a far larger percentage of their diet.

When Predat walks in, Fox replies to his sorte, "Fasting is a common part of tribal life, though doing without water for extended periods is far harder than doing without food."
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:12 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Fox wrote:Fox lowers his ears, a bit dejected, "I specified meat because you had said, after I said what the Inn had available, that the city should not be running out because you had conjured 250 tons of food. As I had already stated bread was available, that implies they should not be out of meat, because that was what they claimed not to have."


The Wizard shrugs noncommittally as he knows that Eastern is not Fox's primary language, "I suppose we are just looking at it differently. My comment was derived from your statement that you wanted to fund a bounty on food in-general. I am not sure what you mean when you say that because you had stated bread was available, that implies they should not be out of meat ... It would normally be the opposite. That said, it seems mostly like a language problem."

Predat wrote:Pre walks in and listens to them talking about food, "You damn city dwellers are spoiled rotten, Eandroth are sometimes forced to go without food or water for weeks at a time. Sure some don't make it, but it separate wheat from chaff. Strengthens the bloodlines, makes the clan stronger in the long term."


A smirk widens into a smile as Predat enters with his comment, "Hmmmm I suppose so Predat. We are 'soft' with our regular eating, hygiene, and architecture ... "
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Predat » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:01 pm

Rolls as above

Pre just winks at Fox, "Yes, well, getting use to living in the desert will train your body to sustain itself with less."
Tolliver Trask wrote:"Likely a few. can't tell really as they're swallowed up by the old ones." Trask says. "So we still have the bounty on the leader of the orc mob harrassing the city. I guess we should go and deal with that. Maybe they'll have better food options as apparently they've been robbing all caravans coming overland." Trask says a bit of venom to his voice. "Oh and we lost the little guy, killed in an ambush a few hours outside of town. Already left his corpse with the priests." Trask say, as a matter of fact.
"We can either leave tonight or in the morning, I do not particularly care too much. I would like to get this done so we can go back to doing whatever it is we do that doesn't involve Orcs." Trask says.

Pre just nods, "Sounds good to me old friend. Sorry about the loss of the little guy. I didn't get to know him." Sucks losing a teammate.
Tyral wrote: A smirk widens into a smile as Predat enters with his comment, "Hmmmm I suppose so Predat. We are 'soft' with our regular eating, hygiene, and architecture ... "

Pre smiles and nods, "I'm glad you can openly admit it. These trappings of civility only create a class of being that can't really care for themselves. They become wholly dependent on the abilities of others, whether that means feeding them of protecting them. None of these city dwellers would last days with the clans." It does breed the problem of number though.
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Durak » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:42 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 47
Jic 1d100 = 48 1d20 = 10

Durak had received the message about the meeting. He stood across the street, keeping an eye on the entrance.

Honestly, he did not want to go inside. Tyral's actions coupled with Predat and Sil's reactions to his bout of torture told him a lot about his companions. Brave they may be, they were also willing... too willing ... to do things he would not do.

Perhaps it was time he left this group and found perhaps a different group. Still, the potential for learning was greater in this line of work.

OOC Comments
Prowl 66% 1d100 = 99
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Silhouette » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:25 am

JIC 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 16

Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 82


On her way to the Lycinean Pier's drinking hole, Silhouette absent mindedly slides her so amed Unlucky-Lucky dagger in and out of it's sheath causing the sound of,"Shink, shink, shink." to lead the way ahead of her. Skipping along her boots as well add to the rythmic energy of her passage as they make a,"Tac, tac," coming to a stop before the tavern's door. Glancing across at Durak she tilts her head questioning in curiosity, but not so much that she would deny her stomach at the wafting scents from within, even as she waves him inside as she drags the door open against its hinges.


Hem of her rose-red dress nipping at her heels she continues to pull and resheath her dagger all the way to her seat apparently in thought at the words she stumbled into. Not used to Llorn's salted breeze, let alone her changeling aversions she nearly blows her nose and contents as well onto the floor trying to make room for the more pleasant smells of wood fires and yeasty brews. She liked the smell of the beer, it reminded her of bread. She was like someone who enjoyed the smell of tomatoes but was allergic to them in that way,. Enjoying was the same as inviting a harsh price.


Turning to Thorgrim the forsaken mage Silhouette leans onto her elbow conspiritorially as she asks him,"What short fellow are you talking about? Did you all go out and find some refugees that made better shields than rescues?" Eyeing the plates of everyone around, Sil's tongue cuts along her lip at the sad showing as she thought,"Oh, no...they'll be using the brined meats soon!" Pretending that she isn't concerned she lifts her foot while saying,"Hunting? If you have enough heart for that when things get really bad, you can eat these if that fails you." Shrugging slyly she addds,"I promise I have only stepped in the smallest ammount of shit!"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Thorgrim » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Per (48%): 1d100 = 81
JiC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 23

Predat wrote:"I'm glad you can openly admit it. These trappings of civility only create a class of being that can't really care for themselves. They become wholly dependent on the abilities of others, whether that means feeding them of protecting them. None of these city dwellers would last days with the clans."


...You're god damn right!...Thorgrim stands enthusiastically stands up and claps his hands together before sitting back down in his seat, "Well said, Predat. My feelings exactly." Thor bobs his head at Fox, That's what I mean! Food is the last of these peoples worries.

Silhouette wrote:"What short fellow are you talking about? Did you all go out and find some refugees that made better shields than rescues?"

Awww sheet, she doesn't realize it was Jakkin... Thorgrim raises a calloused hand and places it on Sil's shoulder, looks in her eyes and tells her, "The gnome is dead. It was Jakkin who fell in combat as we fought for our lives. The only refugees we came across were dead ones." Thor lowers his hand and offers to the others, "There's a horde leader out there somewhere and Fox may have gotten us a lead. There's still our bounty on him and vengeance to be had. We were to head south, correct Fox? Where exactly, can you show us your map you've sketched?"
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Augur » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:26 pm

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 346
Time: 1800
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: The Lycinean Pier, Sea District


Summary so far...
The early evening finds the tavern to be lightly frequented. A handful of sailors, virtually no women, and a skeleton crew of wait staff serve watered ale, and fare so miserable that a few months prior it would be considered food fit only for swine. Still, inside of the tavern is dry and warm, and the stink of old beer and sweat not so strong as in the heat of day. And the damp hanging in the warm night air outside has all the sea-faring folk of the district on edge as such usually speaks of becalmed waters and thirst. As they meet up after their recent, separate adventures, they reconnect in part, and find a growing rift between certain members of those assembled...and this might be one problem for which a strong ale isn't a viable cure-all. Tyral finds his dining request is met with something close to rage mixed with derision by those patrons near enough to hear him and by the wait staff alike; food is getting ever more scarce, and even the ale is running low due to lack of available grains on the market. Alexander De'vaue, Captain of the Duke's Guard, has spoken with Predat and wants his most ruthless and hardened friends (Group A) to investigate the status of Hadrian's Cove, traffic from which has entirely dried up. He privately confided in Predat that he thinks it possible that Hadrian's Cove has been wiped out; why else would traffic entirely cease?

Fox has the general area of a possible source of the Orc raids. Now that they're healed, there is a fat bounty to collect.
What Fox learned
"There are a number of old fortifications in that general region, as a matter of fact, the Eastern Territories are dotted with a high concentration of such given the history of the area, but I believe I recall a lecture from a visiting Dwarven architect about the ruins of an ancient tower that used to be in the same general area which you describe."
Image

Bounty Assignments
  • 1: a bounty for every right ear of an Orc brought in.
  • 2: scout for Orcs and escort refugees back to the city for a period of one week.
  • 3: sub-financed by the Red Brigade finding and eliminating the root of the orc menace that currently plagues the city.
Payment stipulated as follows:
  • 1: one hundred gold per orc ear from hostile tribes--and that's most in the region
  • 2: one thousand gold for a week's demonstrated service as stipulated--notify the guards at the gates when escorting refugees to safety, they'll pass word
  • 3: one hundred thousand gold for ending the orc threat and the source of that threat--this is a single sum, not per member of a group.


When prepared for your journey, Group A begin posting here.
When prepared for your journey, Group B begin posting here.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5217
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Fox » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:16 am

(Rolls carried over, as this is a bit of extra info)

Fox notes to the others, "In addition to this map, I also heard a rumor of Orcs sighted at Hadrian's Cove while I was at the Market. Not much to that tale, but useful information."

Fox reminds himself, Not everyone knows that, as I only told one person.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tatyana Singh » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:53 pm

Perception: [57%] 1d100 = 81
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 37

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell, Horror Factor: 12

After the disappointing visit to the bestiary, the bug Wolfen walked back with Trask, keeping mostly silent and observing the changing city and the people in it. Once they were back at the pier, she left her human companion and went to her room to unload purchases and pack. She took a few minutes to carefully transfer some of the new tobacco into the smaller pouch and grab her pipe.

Tatyana enters the pub and having a better vantage point then most, spots her friends and smiles.Walking over to them she says, "Well, you all are still here. I was beginning to wonder."
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Predat » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 23 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 17 1d20 = 7

Pre nods and smiles at the barbarian. Well, at least Thor gets it.

I wouldn't have thought the elf was one of the more ruthless ones, but I do now. Sil definitely. Who else? Of course not Durak. I don't know too many ruthless healers, so not Fox. I like him, but Thor seems too good-natured for this kind of work. Trask could do it, he is hard enough. However, he too has a gentle streak that not too many know about. Tatyana is the fourth, yep the wolfen. "Tyral, Sil and Tatyana may I have a word?" Assuming they assemble. "Alexander De'vaue, Captain of the Duke's Guard, looked me up and wants us to investigate the status of Hadrian's Cove. Traffic from there has entirely dried up as of late." I'll save his worries for a bit later. "He has asked us to check it out and here is what he is offering to do it . . ."
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:55 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 16
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 3
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 93

PPE: 229/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [10 Days]

Tyral looks up at the approach of Tatyana, "Welcome Tatyana, it's been a good while." The Wizard looks up towards Predat and shrugs calmly, "How far is it to Hadrian's Cove? I would not be adverse to going to investigate, but I wish to put together a wand or two in preparation for the Road, oh and I should like to cast the Sustain spell on each of you … it actually sets off the need to eat and drink for a week or so, and limits the need for sleep. Most nights I need no more than 2-3 hours. It has helped immensely with finding time to study."

Tyral will cast Sustain [-12 PPE] on each of those of the Group who wish it in the Bar:
Code: Select all
Sustain: (10 Days, 2hrs Sleep, No Food or Drink needed, BOM Pg 109)


OOC: Specifically, Tyral intends to create 3 Wands for those in Group A (while he has access to the mass of people in Llorn and is able to inconspicuously syphon PPE off of), specifically 2 for Flight (Fly as the Eagle 4x Daily), and a 3rd for himself (Greater Healing 2x Daily, 50 PPE). He will also create a Sustain Wand for Trask if the human requests one (see same link).
Last edited by Tyral on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Silhouette » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:01 am

JIC 1d100 = 16 1d20 = 12
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 53

Thorgrim:
Awww sheet, she doesn't realize it was Jakkin... Thorgrim raises a calloused hand and places it on Sil's shoulder, looks in her eyes and tells her, "The gnome is dead. It was Jakkin who fell in combat as we fought for our lives. The only refugees we came across were dead ones." Thor lowers his hand and offers to the others…


A moments unblinking stare seems to be all that marks Silhouette’s register of Thorgrim’s words as she answers,”With his many shortfalls, I hope he at least served a proper distraction before he...” For all her callous words she lifts her hand from Thorgrim’s in surprise that she had put hers on his. Her dark eyes dart with confusion she drops her hand into her lap as Thorgrim removes his before she nods eyes downcast as she nods along in time with the barbarian’s information. Barely listening she realizes her thoughts are running away with her,”I didn’t care about him… I’m just mad I didn’t get to kill him myself.” Even so she felt a little cold inside at the news.

Tatyana
"Well, you all are still here. I was beginning to wonder."


Trying to speak Silhouette finds her throat a little tight as she clears it answering Tatyana,”Well, wonder your beautiful coat no more!” Smiling tightly she purses her lips answering,”I hear the orcs are something out there?”

Predat:
Tyral, Sil and Tatyana may I have a word?" Assuming they assemble. "Alexander De'vaue, Captain of the Duke's Guard, looked me up and wants us to investigate the status of Hadrian's Cove. Traffic from there has entirely dried up as of late." I'll save his worries for a bit later. "He has asked us to check it out and here is what he is offering to do it . . ."


Tyral:
Tyral looks up at the approach of Tatyana, "Welcome Tatyana, it's been a good while." The Wizard looks up towards Predat and shrugs calmly, "How far is it to Hadrian's Cove? I would not be adverse to going to investigate, but I wish to put together a wand or two in preparation for the Road, oh and I should like to cast the Sustain spell on each of you … it actually sets off the need to eat and drink for a week or so, and limits the need for sleep. Most nights I need no more than 2-3 hours. It has helped immensely with finding time to study."



Thinking Tyral’s question to Predat through the changeling perks up,”Oh! Do we get to use your boat, do we?” Suddenly animated after the news of the gnome she hops lie a bunny glued to her seat her breasts bouncing as she hopefully steeples her fingers under her chin pleading,”Please say that we will…” She had only ever seen the boats on the dock and out at sea. Thinking she wishes,”If only I had known their value to reach Llorn originally, it would have been an easier trip!”

At Tyral’s offer of the sustainment magic she nods slowly recalling the elf’s actions previously as she says,Speaking of spells, I liked your cleaning magic in the sewers.” It was the most that Tyral might expect as a thank you as the girl puts her hand out to the Wizard beseaching him in exaggeration,"Save meeee from the salt barreeeels!" before joking with the elf drawing her Lucky-Unlucky dagger and resheating it as she asks,"Need any help whittling some magic sticks?"

Turning to Predat Sil wonders aloud,”So how many other mercs did they send to this cove before they settled on us? What is a cove anyway?” Tossing her head from side to side she further asks,"Who is this guy you talked to send us on this?"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:33 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

The Elf offers a raised eyebrow to Silhouette's inquiry, "Yes, you assistance may be useful as I hope to gather sufficient Energy to complete the task quickly … It takes," the Wizard looks like he is momentarily at loss for words as he searches out a spell he believes he has in common with Silhouette, "... it takes a minimum of the energy of 20 Fireballs to create a Wand, and that is without the energy of the spells you wish to imbue within the tool."

*That should offer her a good gauge of what we are looking for, she studied that spellbook from Vladimir's cave too. I haven't seen her cast it, but I think she should know it.*

"With assistance from yourself, I could even make one for you. Perhaps one that was geared to travel such as flight?"
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Predat » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:54 pm

Rolls as above

Pre answers their questions simply and to the point. "Hadrian's Cove is about 150 miles east of here, along the Grand Canal. My contact is the Captain of the Duke's Guard and is a friend. I served under him during my time here in Llorn. He is a good man. As far as I know no one else has been sent as this is a new development." Pre looks over the direction to his ship, "I'd love to take her, but we'd need to hire a crew of about 40 sailors. Also, we may have to do some investigating in the land surrounding the Cove. But I am open to taking The High Spirits out." Actually can't wait to take her out. "Hadrian's Cove is a good size city and has formidable fortifications. Last time I was through there there was over 2000 soldiers stationed there. The Dominion's 8th Army is stationed out of that city. I don't think much of the Dominion army, but that should be plenty to keep orcs at bay, if it is the orcs."

Military Etiquette - 1d100 = 19 / 82%
Intelligence - 1d100 = 13 / 73%
Land Navigation - 1d100 = 82 / 75%

Pre picks up the cash in his room and starts to head out, "I'll be back a bit later. Going to head out pick up a few things and maybe talk to a few friends."
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tolliver Trask » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17; 1d100 = 10
Conditions: Impervious to fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense (Inactive).


Tyral wrote:Tyral looks up at the approach of Tatyana, "Welcome Tatyana, it's been a good while." The Wizard looks up towards Predat and shrugs calmly, "How far is it to Hadrian's Cove? I would not be adverse to going to investigate, but I wish to put together a wand or two in preparation for the Road, oh and I should like to cast the Sustain spell on each of you … it actually sets off the need to eat and drink for a week or so, and limits the need for sleep. Most nights I need no more than 2-3 hours. It has helped immensely with finding time to study."


Trask looks to the Elven wizard. "So could that Sustain spell into a wand I could use, Tyral? Trask asks. "Because I could see that as a very useful tool for the road." Trask continues.

Trask looks to the others in his little group. "Stock up, we have a long walk to this tower. I would like to make this a no nonsense excursion. one loss and a paltry bounty make this already a losing job. I'd like to get it over and on to normal business after this." Trask says to the others, before puffing a onto his pipe a few times.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:45 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Tolliver Trask wrote:Trask looks to the Elven wizard. "So could that Sustain spell into a wand I could use, Tyral? Trask asks. "Because I could see that as a very useful tool for the road." Trask continues.


The Wizard turns back and looks thoughtfully at Trask his brows knitting slightly "With Silhouette's assistance, maybe Tat's too … we can put together a Wand for you. The problem you may have is that, as one who better trained with ... other things. You may not get as much from it. It may cast 4 times a day, but instead of when I cast the spell on you for 10 days, it will only last 2. Still useful, but not as efficient, and you will want to be careful with it. Treat it like a bottle of wine, because it will break easily. Also, don't sell it."

With respect to creation of a Wand for Trask, Tyral would create a Sustain Wand that was 6" long and 1.5" thick (something comparatively sturdy), and provide it to Trask for use on the road while the group is split up.

Predat wrote:Pre answers their questions simply and to the point. "Hadrian's Cove is about 150 miles east of here, along the Grand Canal. My contact is the Captain of the Duke's Guard and is a friend. I served under him during my time here in Llorn. He is a good man. As far as I know no one else has been sent as this is a new development." Pre looks over the direction to his ship, "I'd love to take her, but we'd need to hire a crew of about 40 sailors. Also, we may have to do some investigating in the land surrounding the Cove. But I am open to taking The High Spirits out." Actually can't wait to take her out. "Hadrian's Cove is a good size city and has formidable fortifications. Last time I was through there was over 2000 soldiers stationed there. The Dominion's 8th Army is stationed out of that city. I don't think much of the Dominion army, but that should be plenty to keep orcs at bay, if it is the orcs." ... "I'll be back a bit later. Going to head out pick up a few things and maybe talk to a few friends."


Tyral nods at Predats responses, "Well then we can travel by land, sea, or air. I imagine we could make that distance in 1/2 a day's flight. Maybe less. Depends on whether we need to carefully monitor everything along the way. If the latter is the case then we should just ride, but it will take longer."

OOC: Folks, please specify if you are having Tyral cast Sustain here in this thread (stats above). Waiting until the following morning will drain him before we leave the city and it would be better to drop the PPE Now while he can pull some off local townsfolk (especially those headed into or out of the Churches). This is your shot.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Predat » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 26 1d20 = 11

Pre walks back into the building pretty happy he found what he was looking for out in town. Nice, this ring will work out quite well. He walks up to the Tyral and Trask, "Hey, Tyral were you talking about some kind of spell that allows more efficiently for longer periods of time? Would love to get that to see how it feels. Yes, I think we should probably ride. We need to assess the orc threat on the way there. We could probably collect some bounties on the way." He looks around, "So, we leaving first thing in the morning?"
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tyral » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:08 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD
Predat wrote:Pre walks back into the building pretty happy he found what he was looking for out in town. Nice, this ring will work out quite well. He walks up to the Tyral and Trask, "Hey, Tyral were you talking about some kind of spell that allows more efficiently for longer periods of time? Would love to get that to see how it feels. Yes, I think we should probably ride. We need to assess the orc threat on the way there. We could probably collect some bounties on the way." He looks around, "So, we leaving first thing in the morning?"


"Of course," responds Tyral and he will cast Sustain [-12 PPE] on Predat and any other of the Group before he rises and heads out to the Bazaar on his own:
Code: Select all
Sustain: (10 Days, 2hrs Sleep, No Food or Drink needed, BOM Pg 109)


He provides the spell to whoever requests, then heads off to the Bazaar before retiring to a room at the Brotherhood for the night (where he works late into the night to create a wand).

[[ Bazaar ]]
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Tatyana Singh » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:11 pm

((Rolls Held Over))

Conditions: Keen hearing - equal to a canine, Excellent sense of smell, Horror Factor: 12

Tyral wrote:Tyral looks up at the approach of Tatyana, "Welcome Tatyana, it's been a good while."


"Good to see you. Glad you're well." Tatyana says warmly.

Silhouette wrote:Trying to speak Silhouette finds her throat a little tight as she clears it answering Tatyana, ”Well, wonder your beautiful coat no more!” Smiling tightly she purses her lips answering,”I hear the orcs are something out there?”


The towering Wolfen smiles her sort-of smile as warmly as possible at the first part and replies to the second part, coldly, "I believe we underestimated the enemy and paid for it."

Predat wrote:"Tyral, Sil and Tatyana may I have a word?"... "Alexander De'vaue, Captain of the Duke's Guard, looked me up and wants us to investigate the status of Hadrian's Cove. Traffic from there has entirely dried up as of late."..."He has asked us to check it out and here is what he is offering to do it . . ."


Tatyana follows and listens closely, she nods her shaggy head in the affirmative. "Yes, That is odd and we can still kill two birds with one stone. Investigate Hadrian's Cove and the Orc menace."

Tyral wrote:...oh and I should like to cast the Sustain spell on each of you … it actually sets off the need to eat and drink for a week or so, and limits the need for sleep. Most nights I need no more than 2-3 hours. It has helped immensely with finding time to study."[/b]


"You will get no objection from me Tyral and thank you,"

Once the group has discussed plans and broken up Tatyana heads to her room to pack and prep.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: The Lycinean Pier

Postby Silhouette » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:56 am

JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 12
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 8

Stewing over whatever this stew was called, Silhouette's wooden spoon clanks against the bowl with a sad thud each rotation as she stirs it helplessly thinking,"That little shit... I hope a big tree grows out of him." Sighing after a heavy inhalation Silhouette nods at the wolfen before standing suddenly. Shoveling several the sad bites of refuse or food as it was being calle around here down her throat, even though Tyral's magic sustained her Silhouette puts an arm around Tatyana for support as she shivers,"The world would be less golden if you'd died out there." Giving the canine a light tap on the nose Sil turns away cheerfully striding out the door saying,"Accessorizing doesn't just take care of itself!" Pausing halfway out the door,"A girl has to look nice for her adventures!"

Grand Bazaar: viewtopic.php?p=1365572#p1365572
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Previous

Return to Sea District

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest