Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

CPT Zoi Cardea is the commanding officer of the A.D.F.S. Dauntless, one of the two remaining Vigilance Class Carriers in the fleet.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Augur » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:29 pm

Image

Image

This is where the 1st S.O.G. cools their heels, and gets some shuteye.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4066
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Cairo » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:00 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 11
JiC D20: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: 1d100 = 78

Conditions:

CJ walks into the SOG Berthing tossing his duffle on the common table so he can pull open the closet by his bunk to look around, **Alriiiight-alright-alright ... did they manage to get my Locker off the Assegai yet? ... **

If he sees his locker, Cairo laughs happily that he's been reunited with the last of his worldly possessions. If not he breathes a bemused sigh of frustration and makes a mental note to check on its eventual transfer. The PA Pilot then proceeds to dig through his duffle and places a foot-long 'souvenir' tooth on the others' beds **... a different take on the Tooth-Fairy if I ever saw one.** Then he'll shove his duffle back into the cabinet.

OOC: I am extrapolating Terror-Saur Teeth sizing from this ... http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjec ... eeth.shtml ... to estimate 16inch-18inch teeth. Sorry Avvi, only grabbed 6, so CJ's got nothing for ya.

Within minutes CJ has departed, **Sounds like we'll get new orders tomorrow. Likely won't be able to take the Bait & Switch out ... there's no way they can get that thing rebuilt in time. Probably hitching a ride then? Hopefully back to Chandrakant unless someone else came back with a lead on a better prospect. F^ing Ehy the Dinos were probably Good-Eats ...**

[[ Flight Deck: Requisitions ]]
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Niall » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:48 am

Perception: 1d20 = 10

JIC: 1d20 = 11
1d100 = 80


Before his Run
Niall follows Cairo into the 1st SOG berthing area wordlessly, and pulls off his shirt, leaving his pants, boots, and a t-shirt on. He stops and uses his datapad to pull up a beginner's running regimen, and reviews it. I need to bring up my performance... but I don't want to end up in the infirmary. After reviewing it, he takes a moment to stow his mission gear appropriately, before heading to the crew lounge to start what he is sure will be a long and painful daily running regimen.

If Niall is still there when Cairo leaves a dino-tooth on his rack, he looks at him with a quizzical look that turns into a smile. "Thanks." What the frak am I supposed to do with this? Scrimshaw?" He chuckles and stows it in his locker with his other gear.

He sighs at the doorway as he leaves. Gotta bring myself up to the unit standard. Not gonna let my ass keep being carried...
Last edited by Niall on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Halko » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:19 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 88

Halko makes his way into the crew berthing and stows his gear then looks around at the other bunks. I wonder if anyone else has been back yet? Someone has, He spots the dino tooth laying on his bunk and says, "What the crap. Did someone actually pull some teeth on one of those big lizards we took down." He chuckles and shakes his head as he looks it over, "Well, maybe we can get them carved into knives or something." He stows it in his locker for now and eyes his bunk.

After a moment of contemplation Halko shakes his head, Naw, I've most of the last 31 hours. Time to get some grub and be social. Maybe I'll see more than these same five pukes. Ah, better phrasing Halko, especially when you're thinking about going to eat. I wonder what rations we're down to.

After closing and locking up behind himself, Halko leaves the berthing and heads off to the nearest Crew Deck: Lounge
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Avvi » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:48 pm

Avvi
Perception: 1d20 = 14
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 31
Weapon in hand: None
Armor: None
Stat Tracker:H.P.: 43/43; S.D.C.: 300/300
Conditions: Positive: Stoned & Mellow
Negative:Personality Modification while Intoxicated: Disoriented; has difficulty following movement, conversation or what's going on around him. No initiative (last to take action), no Perception, -4 to strike, parry, dodge, and perform any combat moves, reduce attacks per melee round and Spd by half and -50% on skill performance.


Avvi finally gets his gear to his locker and then heads to the gym to work off his high. Hmmm, let's see, I guess I'll start with 8000 pound press. He looks around to see if he knows anyone, or if anyone looks at all friendly.
Avvi
 

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Augur » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:01 pm

Cairo wrote:**Alriiiight-alright-alright ... did they manage to get my Locker off the Assegai yet? ... **

If he sees his locker, Cairo laughs happily that he's been reunited with the last of his worldly possessions.

CJ's in luck. He sees a sizable package on his bunk which could be nothing other than the contents of his former locker.
Avvi wrote:Avvi finally gets his gear to his locker...

The berthing is devoid of people at this time. There's room for his personal effects and small arms, but there's simply no room for all the armor.
OOC NOTE: The Dauntless is like Merctown, Avvi. If you're going to go to another location, indicate such with an OOC note as to the destination, then post there. See Cairo's example. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4066
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Avvi » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:22 pm

The Game Master wrote:The berthing is devoid of people at this time. There's room for his personal effects and small arms, but there's simply no room for all the armor.
OOC NOTE: The Dauntless is like Merctown, Avvi. If you're going to go to another location, indicate such with an OOC note as to the destination, then post there. See Cairo's example. :)

OOC: Oops, was trying a new order of things and forgot that part. Got it.


What the Frakk? What I supposed to do with this shit now? Why do I feel like it's the first day of school. Avvi stows his smaller gear then hauls his stuff to the Lounge. "...look at the fraking new guy everyone, doesn't now what to do with his armor..." Avvi mutters under his breath. I should just wear this baby. These are so cool... Avvi admires his Marine Armor.
Avvi
 

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Rosseyn » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:30 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 19 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 83

Tancredi is going to kill me. We've got intel but we destroyed our ship in the process. I wouldn't be surprised if I lose the 1st SOG. Who's next in line... Crash? Oh shit. I'd better get it together before we're under command from the pretty boy. Nova is deep in his thoughts as he enters the berthing and barely notices when he passes by an unknown in his berthing. He stops as he passes Avvi, does a double take and says "Name and rank, soldier." Once he gets the answer to those, he asks "What are you doing in my berthing? You lost?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Avvi » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:49 pm

(Rolls Carried)
Rosseyn wrote: "Name and rank, soldier." Once he gets the answer to those, he asks "What are you doing in my berthing? You lost?"


"Avvi Perikavi, Sir! Private First Class, Sir!" Avvi salutes and enthusiastically bellows his responses."I was assigned to the 1st, sir! But I am lost, the Private has no idea where to put his gear, sir!"
Avvi
 

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Cairo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 8
JiC D20: 1d20 = 17
JiC D100: 1d100 = 71

Conditions:

Cairo pulls open the door carrying a datapad to find Nova questioning the big-ass mountain of a Marine from the Requisitions Dept, **Hmmm, so he might be coming in to that Bodean fellow's shoes ... aaaand it looks like a couple people found their big ass Terror-Saur teeth hehehe** CJ's not inclined to butt in, so he stops short in the doorway while the Force Disc glides silently in with the crate of gear, elevates up to the top bunk level that the PA Pilot uses then the Disc vanishes depositing the its load at the foot of the bed.

He won't interrupt but will offer a casual grin to the taller men if they look his way, and will pause a few moments after he's deposited his new acquisitions, just in case Nova needs him for something. If not CJ expects he'll head out to explore a bit of the Carrier and visit the R&D Dept.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Cairo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:53 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20 = 6+2
JiC D20: 1d20 = 20
JiC D100: 1d100 = 25

Conditions:

CJ waits a minute, but when Nova fails to give any indication that he has orders (OOC: Sorry its been a few days) he decides to head out with the intention of heading for the R&D Dept (instead though, he finds himself sidetracked by a curious thought into the Sickbay ...)

[[ Sickbay ]]
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Halko » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 91

Halko walks in and makes his way over to his locker. Opening the locker, Halko moves some things around. Drops a few things in and moves some stuff around.

Once he's done, Halko walks over to Nova and says, "Boss. I got some news. Its pretty sensitive." His eyes flick over to the new guy for a moment of appraisal, then they're back on Nova as he waits for the squad C.O. to respond.

Once given the okay, Halko keeps his voice low as he says to Nova, "I was in the mess and was told there had been some riots and stuff. I gave a little out burst about we Arismal having to stick together or else the Arismal as a race are through. The next thing I know I'm getting slipped a message to meet down on the Engineering decks." He retells the story of why he was in a giant air return and what he learned there. Though he leaves out any references about Lieutenant Faux, romantic or otherwise.

"Anyway, we don't have a lot of time. Some of us are being followed, watched, some people have vanished. Shit's way too tense. We haven't seen our department head in a week, and our CO can't explain why. Beyond the tension caused by all the shortages, there have been units given conflicting orders issued from multiple chains of command, last minute revocation of orders, unexplained transfers...you name the crazy shit you don't wanna see happen in a military organization--it's happening...and not just here. I heard through the grapevine that there was a failed mutiny on the Assegai three days ago, but that its been kept hush-hush. One pilot even told me that the Captain of the Profit Motive is considering jumping without orders from the Admiralty...let that shit sink in. I think it's only a matter of time before something serious goes down; days, maybe weeks, who knows, but something's happening in the upper ranks that none of them want any of us to know about."


Halko looks at his C.O., his eyes give away the fact that he's weighing what he should say, "The person I met down in engineering said, The Wildcards have got the 1st SOG's back. I'm not sure what's going on or what we should do about it but we've spent so much time out of the fleet we are pretty much the only unaligned squad onboard and we're so in the dark we don't even know it." He gives a mirthless chuckle as he eyes the new guy, "The last thing they said was to stay alert, stay armed and stay safe."

Halko rests his hands on his pistol and energy baton and looks over at the new guy in full. Looking back to Nova, he says, "New transfer?" The tone of his voice clearly reflects the warning in the report he just gave his C.O.


(edited 3-23-2015)
Last edited by Halko on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Augur » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:45 am

1000


Halko finds Rosseyn and some mountain of a red-haired guy in the berthing together. Otherwise, the berthing is as quiet as the grave.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4066
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Niall » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:21 am

Perception: 1d20 = 3

JIC: 1d20 = 8
1d100 = 47

Niall limps into the 1st SOG berthing, drenched in now-cold sweat. He looks at Halko and Rosseyn, and the red-haired soldier. He mops the sweat off his hair. "Gentlemen." As he gathers fresh clothes, he adds, "If you're wondering if now is a good time to take up running for the first time ever... the answer is no."

He thinks about meeting ka Yun, and adds. "Although there can be benefits." He smirks. He walks over to Rosseyn, Halko, and the stranger.

He looks inquisitively at him, then at Nova. "New guy?" Jibbers crabst... this guy could snap me like a twig. Hope he's friendly.

After introductions, Niall heads to the shower. He stands under water as hot as he can stand, until his timer clicks the water off, then towels dry. He sighs. I really miss limitless hot water. And real food. And soft beds. And warm bodies... He sees ka Yun's face, abruptly, in his mind's eye. "No dredging up the bodies of our families away from the memorial" He shakes his head, water droplets scattering against the walls.

He gets dressed in his fresh uniform, and heads out to his bunk, to see if anyone is still around. If folks want to talk, he'll break open a ration bar and eat it while they talk, to quiet the complaints of his stomach.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Rosseyn » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:48 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 20(NAT20!) +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 98

Avvi wrote:"Avvi Perikavi, Sir! Private First Class, Sir!" Avvi salutes and enthusiastically bellows his responses."I was assigned to the 1st, sir! But I am lost, the Private has no idea where to put his gear, sir!"

"Assigned to the 1st? I don't remember hearing about some giant of a private being assigned to my command. You sure you're in the right place, soldier? Your stuff? What is that, a goddamn marine armor? Do you even fit in that armor, son?" Looking out of the corner of his eye, he sees CJ make his way in but continues with his razzing of the new recruit. "Alright, newjack. Here's what you're gonna do..." He is cut off when Halko walks up to him.
Halko wrote:"Boss. I got some news. Its pretty sensitive." His eyes flick over to the new guy for a moment of appraisal, then they're back on Nova as he waits for the squad C.O. to respond.

"Excuse us for a second, newjack." Nova heads to a corner of the berthing away from Avvi and nods to Halko to continue. He makes sure to pay attention to his Mechanical Awareness in case there are any bugs in the berthing. After the story, he replies "Understood. We'll need all of the allies we can get if there's going to be a split. I'll check in with Tancredi. He's always steered us right."
Halko wrote:Halko rests his hands on his pistol and energy baton and looks over at the new guy in full. Looking back to Nova, he says, "New transfer?" The tone of his voice clearly reflects the warning in the report he just gave his C.O.

Niall wrote:He walks over to Rosseyn, Halko, and the stranger.

He looks inquisitively at him, then at Nova. "New guy?"

Nova looks at Crash, not responding to his joke about running at all. "So he says."Looking Avvi up and down again with suspicion in his eyes, Nova walks over to the huge man and says "Let me see your orders, newjack. Let's see what's really going on here." This shit lines up too perfectly. But on the other hand, it's way too transparent a move against an SOG with a goddamn Intel Officer as its CO. What is their game here?
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Halko » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:37 am

Percep: 1d20+1 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 18

Halko nods to Nova and moves over by Niall.

Keeping his voice low Halko urges Niall over to the far side of the room and says, "You've been out and about on the ship. Have you noticed anything weird?" He glances over to the new guy then continues, "There have been some riots, I'm told and some squads have been receiving conflicting orders and the like. Best I can make out is that there's some kind of power struggle going on in the upper ranks. Something tells me we aren't going to be sent off again on mission. I'm thinking our next mission is going to be within the fleet.... And I'm not sure how I feel about that."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Niall » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:10 am

(rolls carried over)

Halko wrote:"You've been out and about on the ship. Have you noticed anything weird? There have been some riots, I'm told and some squads have been receiving conflicting orders and the like. Best I can make out is that there's some kind of power struggle going on in the upper ranks. Something tells me we aren't going to be sent off again on mission. I'm thinking our next mission is going to be within the fleet.... And I'm not sure how I feel about that."


Niall nods, somberly. Quietly, he tells Halko, "I've been told in no uncertain terms that it's a bad idea to talk about lost loved ones outside the memorial - which has sprung up in a passageway in the middle of the ship. I went there - a lot of pictures and mementos. The implication, though, was that you could get hurt, so tension is really frakking high."

"I really don't want to fight other Arismal - we don't need any more dead. But we also need to stick together. If the fleet drifts apart, we're basically done as a species. Morale is really low. I'd like another chance to find us a planet to claim. I think having ground to put feet on, to defend, and to plan a future for is going to go a lot farther toward quelling unrest than internecine struggling will."

Niall shrugs. Man, I feel like I have a Hakkabeast sitting on my chest. "If it comes to a fight, at least I can help heal people afterward... if they aren't dead."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Halko » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:21 am

Niall wrote:(rolls carried over)"I really don't want to fight other Arismal - we don't need any more dead. But we also need to stick together. If the fleet drifts apart, we're basically done as a species. Morale is really low. I'd like another chance to find us a planet to claim. I think having ground to put feet on, to defend, and to plan a future for is going to go a lot farther toward quelling unrest than internecine struggling will."


Halko nods to Niall, "I said pretty much the same thing. And as much as I wanna dust all those fraking brushheads, the best thing for the Arismal as a race is to find a planet and rebuild. If we split up, we'll be gone in a few generations. I was just telling Nova that I heard there had been some riots as well as conflicting orders, last minute changes in orders, weird personnel transfers. Rumors says there was a failed mutiny on the Assegai and that the Profit Motive is gonna skip out of the fleet." Halko sighs, an almost helpless look on his face, "I wanna help, but we've been out of the fleet so much I hardly know which way is up."

Halko suddenly grins and says, "What we need is intel and this may sound funny, but I think its time to give Bodean, Speckles and Barrak a call." There were other old squad members but these guys were with the squad the longest and likely the best ones to trust.

Halko makes his way over to a comm terminal and scrolls through the roster. Once he finds Bodean and the others, he'll go ahead and initiate the calls.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Avvi » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:29 am

Avvi
Perception: 1d20 = 16
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 66
Weapon in hand: None
Armor: None
Stat Tracker:H.P.: 43/43; S.D.C.: 300/300
Conditions: Positive: Stoned & Mellow
Negative:Personality Modification while Intoxicated: Disoriented; has difficulty following movement, conversation or what's going on around him. No initiative (last to take action), no Perception, -4 to strike, parry, dodge, and perform any combat moves, reduce attacks per melee round and Spd by half and -50% on skill performance.
------------------------------------------------------------


Rosseyn wrote:
"Assigned to the 1st? I don't remember hearing about some giant of a private being assigned to my command. You sure you're in the right place, soldier? Your stuff? What is that, a goddamn marine armor? Do you even fit in that armor, son?" Looking out of the corner of his eye, he sees CJ make his way in but continues with his razzing of the new recruit. "Alright, newjack. Here's what you're gonna do..." He is cut off when Halko walks up to him.
Halko wrote:"Boss. I got some news. Its pretty sensitive." His eyes flick over to the new guy for a moment of appraisal, then they're back on Nova as he waits for the squad C.O. to respond.

"Excuse us for a second, newjack." Nova heads to a corner of the berthing away from Avvi and nods to Halko to continue. He makes sure to pay attention to his Mechanical Awareness in case there are any bugs in the berthing. After the story, he replies "Understood. We'll need all of the allies we can get if there's going to be a split. I'll check in with Tancredi. He's always steered us right."
Halko wrote:Halko rests his hands on his pistol and energy baton and looks over at the new guy in full. Looking back to Nova, he says, "New transfer?" The tone of his voice clearly reflects the warning in the report he just gave his C.O.

Niall wrote:He walks over to Rosseyn, Halko, and the stranger.
He looks inquisitively at him, then at Nova. "New guy?"

Nova looks at Crash, not responding to his joke about running at all. "So he says."Looking Avvi up and down again with suspicion in his eyes, Nova walks over to the huge man and says "Let me see your orders, newjack. Let's see what's really going on here." This shit lines up too perfectly. But on the other hand, it's way too transparent a move against an SOG with a goddamn Intel Officer as its CO. What is their game here?


Avvi's elation at possibly getting some advice on stowage is quashed when the officer is interrupted. When Rosseyn comes back with suspicion in his eyes the guileless Avvi can't help but feel a little hurt. Aw shucks, what's going on here? "Here you are sir." Avvi hands over the data pad with his orders on it. He waits patiently while the officer checks out his info. Halko's tense attitude doesn't go unnoticed and Avvi tries on his goofy smile to disarm the situation. Geez, these guys really got their backs up. Those ladies in the bar were right, people are getting really squirrelly around here.
Avvi
 

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Augur » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:32 am

Day 41, 1200

The air in the berthing is a bit musty, and filled with tension.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4066
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Cairo » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:42 pm

Perception (+2): 1d20 = 9+2=11
JiC D20: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: 1d100 = 4

Xanreys glides up the 1st S.O.G.'s Berthing on a Force-Disc and pulls open the door, "So, damn Brainiac looks like he'll be a happily M.I.A. bastage for a while. Anyone got a deck of ... ??" (he trails off before the word Cards can escape his mouth). The 3rd-LT seems to finally notice that the Nova appears to still be looking over the papers of the big Marine, then the presence of the other S.O.G. members, **Ummm wasn't he doing that before I left? I mean, I hit the Sickbay, R&D, and went to Eat, if you call that eating ... Is there some problem with the papers?**

CJ glides over to Halko & Niall, wearing a new energy club on each hip and a vibro-blade at each boot. He's casual but quiet, "Gents. It seems like Big-Red is still being vetted. I've been out-n-about but haven't learned much, just that everyone's walking around with their last nerve hanging out. Do we know anyone whose been in-Fleet that'll be straight up with us? I suggested to Brainiac about talking to Bodean, that fellow was a straight shooter. Too bad we don't have family around who'll give us the heads-up *** ... Crash, any luck with the probes you guys were working on?"

***OOC: Except for Halko's sister Tessika hint hint ...

As he waits for the others to respond, it occurs to CJ he's seen Nova, Ryden, Crash, and Backlash ... but no Pops, **Does the Old-Man have a main-squeeze stashed away somewhere? ... I wonder if they've been dating for 40 years ... **
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Rosseyn » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:49 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 15 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 15

Finally finishing up with every minor detail of Avvi's orders, Nova holds on to the datapad. "Alright Private Perikavi, you're with me. We've got a lounge to visit and some drinks to meet. Go put your crap down in Hangar 2 and meet me at the Crow's Nest ASAP. Am I understood?"

Once Perikavi has taken off, Rosseyn turns to Cairo and says "Bodean couldn't tell a lie if he tried. Get a hold of him ASAP and then meet me in the lounge. I'll be the guy with the giant." He motions to where Avvi just went.

[Crow's Nest!]
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Halko » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:02 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 84

Halko steps back from the computer terminal and walks over to the growing group of squadmates, "The new guy isn't that tall Nova." He gives the guy a grin. Frak it, paranoia is just gonna screw us over if we let it. Best to find out more about this guy before we decide to dump him out an airlock.

Halko goes on to say, "No luck reaching anyone so far. It looks like everyone has been transferred off the Dauntless. We'll have to go down to Comm Central in OPS if we wanna get a call out to them. And those comm ops guys tag and record all calls. We'd never be able to ask the questions we need answers to without getting sidelined in the process. We may need Brainiac to work some magic if we want to make a clear call."

Once Avvi and Nova leave, Halko recounts his story for Fang's benifit;

"Anyway, we don't have a lot of time. Some of us are being followed, watched, some people have vanished. Shit's way too tense. We haven't seen our department head in a week, and our CO can't explain why. Beyond the tension caused by all the shortages, there have been units given conflicting orders issued from multiple chains of command, last minute revocation of orders, unexplained transfers...you name the crazy shit you don't wanna see happen in a military organization--it's happening...and not just here. I heard through the grapevine that there was a failed mutiny on the Assegai three days ago, but that its been kept hush-hush. One pilot even told me that the Captain of the Profit Motive is considering jumping without orders from the Admiralty...let that shit sink in. I think it's only a matter of time before something serious goes down; days, maybe weeks, who knows, but something's happening in the upper ranks that none of them want any of us to know about."


Nodding as he finishes telling Cairo what he was told, Halko moves over and flops on his bunk. Laying on a hard object, Halko digs out the dino fang, "What the crap....Is this from that last planet we were on?"
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Niall » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:37 am

Perception: 1d20 = 17

JIC: 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 77

Cairo wrote:"Gents. It seems like Big-Red is still being vetted. I've been out-n-about but haven't learned much, just that everyone's walking around with their last nerve hanging out. Do we know anyone whose been in-Fleet that'll be straight up with us? I suggested to Brainiac about talking to Bodean, that fellow was a straight shooter. Too bad we don't have family around who'll give us the heads-up


Niall nods at this reaffirmation of the info he already has. "Also, FYI, don't talk about the dead outside the memorial, which is amidships. Folks are super touchy about that."


Cairo wrote:... Crash, any luck with the probes you guys were working on?"


Niall laughs, "HAhahahah... good one. No... I've not had any luck dilating time enough to squeeze a week or two worth of work into a couple spare hours. I decided to use my time less responsibly than manipulating the fabric of space-time, and went running instead. I don't know why anyone would run recreationally, but apparently some do. I don't recommend it."

Ease off, Niall... you going running instead of working on projects is new to everyone. No need to run your mouth.

Nova wrote: "Alright Private Perikavi, you're with me. We've got a lounge to visit and some drinks to meet. Go put your crap down in Hangar 2 and meet me at the Crow's Nest ASAP. Am I understood?"


Perikavi?

"Umm... excuse me private. Did he say your name is Perikavi? Are you a Lomaj?"

Niall is oddly ecstatic that at least one Lomaj has survived the destruction of the planet. Frakking awesome... That'll be great for ensuring genetic diversity... I hope more of our minorities survived as well. The fewer survivors of this... evolutionary bottleneck we have, the more genetically diverse they need to be.

"Do you know of any other Lomaj surviors? We had an installation of Lomaj artwork at the museum where my mother was a board member. They used to intricately carve decommissioned weapons, it was really fantastic. I don't guess you're an artist?"

For Frak's sake, ease off, Niall. You just met the man. At that moment, it finally registers that Nova's going to The Crow's Nest, and Niall's stomach reminds him that it's been too long since he's eaten.

"I'm heading back to the lounge. Haven't eaten."

Haven't eaten, and you're getting loopy.

With that, Niall heads to the Lounge.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Cairo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:44 am

Cairo wrote:Perception (+2): Original post: 1d20 = 9+2=11
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 4


CJ nods to Nova and watches him head for the door as he wryly responds to Backlash, Pffft not that tall?? This whole damn unit's made up of Giants, I swear you were shorter yesterday Halko ..." The 3rd-LT listens to Backlash's tale, a tense brow and clenched jaw betraying concern ... but when the big Infantry-man flops onto his bunk without seeing a 17 inch tooth CJ cracks up so hard he loses the focus needed to maintain a Hover-Disc and he falls as it vanishes smacking his head on a chair before landing directly to his ass for several more seconds.

Laboring to catch his breath the PA Pilot wipes away near-tears with a forearm, " Yeah that's from the Big-Chompy-Saurus-thing back on the last planet ... Oh damn. That was funny ... I'm sorry don't get mad ..." Cairo catches his breath as Niall speaks up, "Memorial? ... Ok well I guess ... not sure if it's the best way to handle it, but I can't think of a better one ... Yeah Brainiac was putting in some running time earlier. I should say I didn't do any running myself because I don't want to burn the calories on a ridiculous 500-calorie diet, but really I was just feeling too lazy."

Spotting Gyn's undisturbed bunk from his seat on the floor CJ shifts topics a moment, "Has anyone laid eyes on our most Senior member? ... " as he muses to himself, ***Maybe I should move the big tooth up to his pillow so he doesn't flop onto it and impaled himself.***
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Gilina » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:29 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 15
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 11 | 1d100 = 58

Jill looks at her belongings and starts to pack what little she has. With a heavy sigh she quickly deconstructs what little she had put in place in her berth and stuffs it into a duffel bag that she was issued. When anyone in her old berth asks, she plainly states, "I've been reassigned. See you around."

Without too much fuss, she carries her belongings and walks out the door. Turning around, she touches the blast door with a little loving care and closes it. Leaving her home as if it were the last time. Even though nearly all the berths are identical on board the Dauntless.


Getting to the 1st SOG's Berthing Gilina stares at the bulkhead. This will be my new home, huh.

With a quick rap of her knuckles on the bulkhead, she yells, "Anyone here?" Walking into the berth, "I've just been reassigned to the," Looking down at her datapad, "The 1st SOG? Is that you guys?" If and when someone responds, she'll ask the next most important question, "Where are the empty bunks?"
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Cairo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Rolls Carried Over
Cairo wrote:Perception (+2): Original post: 1d20 = 9+2=11
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 4


Cairo rolls over onto his side at the knock and looks from Gyn's bed over to the door to respond from the ground to call out, "Come-on-in ..." When the door opens and Gilina's shapely form enters his jaw drops noticeably for several moments, **Daaaaamn ... **

He pulls himself together quickly though and pulls himself up off the floor in time to answer her questions and casually glances over Gilina's shoulder to check her Badge, **Fleet Engineer? ... Interesting**

"This is indeed the 1st S.O.G. Miss? ..." once he gets a name, CJ points out the currently unassigned bunks (which do not have huge sharp teeth on them) "You have your transfer papers?" he'll hold out a hand so he can look them over in the hopes of figuring out what Gilina might be bringing into the mix of their group, **2 Engineers and an EWO ... damn they're building us up to do ... something. I wonder what.**
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Halko » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:40 pm

[Rolls held]

Halko is too busy looking over the fang to notice Cairo drop to the floor. When he looks up, Halko has a questioning look on his face as if to ask, Why are you sitting on the floor? Instead he says, "Yeah, the food down at the mess was basically survival rations. I'm betting they're growing it in some lab."

When Cairo brings up Gyn, Halko says, "I haven't seen him since we got out of isolation this morning. Of course I haven't seen Brainiac either. Do you think he's been re-assigned?"

When the knock echo's through the berthing, Halko turns to look at its origin and would likely be staring just as badly as Cairo, except the taste of Lieutenant Faux still on his lips reminds him of other possibilities. He nods as Cairo answers Lieutenant Hassan then says, "Boy, they're not wasting any time filling out the squad."

Looking over to the new Lieutenant, Halko says, "Lieutenant" He offers a nod as he slips the 17 inch long fang into his locker, "We're still getting acclimated to being back in the Fleet. We just got out of debrief and isolation this morning. Seems a lot of things have been happening." He lets the question hang in the air and waits to see if Lieutenant Hassan offers up any info.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Gilina » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:21 pm

((rolls carried over))

Military Etiquette -- 1d100 = 3 / 64%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100 = 44 / 45%
Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 56 / 69%

Gilina's eyes perk up when she see's the two soldiers in the berthing area. Maybe I should ask for a reassignment, she thinks to herself as she watches both of them ogle at her. She casually brings her hand up to her hair, subconsciously hoping to get the two of them to look at her face, instead of her chest. "Hassan, Lieutenant Hassan." answering Cairo's inquiry.

She picks up her duffel bag and toolkit and walks into the berth. "This looks like a good spot," she places her duffel on the bunk and slides the chest underneath. She sits on the bunk, bounces a bit to get a feel for the springs, "Got to love the lowest bidders..." Smiling she leaves the comment about the standard joke concerning the military alone and stands back up. "Okay boys, introductions please." speaking up in her semi-stern lieutenant voice. As they say there names, she enters them into her Datapad. "Whose in charge of this outfit?"

As she enters there name, she tries to get some personnel information from the ships computers. Not being a cyberjacker, she's not looking for psyche profiles. But she is looking for a basic dossier, picture, rank, powers, and anything noteable in their file. If she's asked what she's doing, she'll pass it off to her memory, "I just need to write things down. It helps me remember important things."
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Cairo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:06 pm

OOC: It's been explained to me that the MOS-Insignias are apparently on the Collar, not the Shoulder (where CJ was looking)

Rolls Carried Over
Cairo wrote:Perception (+2): Original post: 1d20 = 9+2=11
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 4


Cairo rises from his ignoble seat on the floor using the central table to stand, **Another LT? Sooo that would be 4 on this squad ... although eventually I guess on an evolutionary scale they'll want a full team of Tier 1's ... Didn't show us her papers though did she? Typical headgames. Is she really transferred here? What's the deal?**

His response is calm, "The big guy lounging is Jerrik, I'm CJ ... Big-Red over there was the new guy for the last 2 hours, his name is Avvi. Nice to meet you Lt. Hassan. C.O. is Nova, wait ... it's Lt. Ridatharen. I appreciate your attention to detail ma'am now, your transfer papers?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Gilina » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:27 pm

((rolls carried over))

"Thank you CJ," she hands over the other datapad that has her orders on it. "Lt. Rid... ah..." she starts to type it out as it sounds. "Thank you, that's going to help out a whole lot."

"I know your probably trying to figure out why they sent me to your unit." Gilina starts to explain. "I am not sure either, other than that poor Albatross in the hangar. Can you tell me what happened to your bird?"
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Cairo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:18 pm

Rolls Carried Over
Cairo wrote:Perception (+2): Original post: 1d20 = 9+2=11
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 4


Computer Operations [70%+25%(linked): 95%] 1d100 = 43 -- To view the data from the Datapad via Merge without looking at it & check for any other info.

A small tentacle snakes out of CJ's wrist to as he takes the datapad handed over by the Hassan girl, and he accesses the data and views it to confirm what he can while responding to her query in a humorous voice, "Your papers say you're qualified on a PA, maybe they want to see what a unit with 4 active Wardogs can do hehe ... What happened to us? ... We went looking for a planet with resources that might alleviate the Fleet's rationing problems. Found one that the Atorians appeared to be trying to expand into. As it turns out, we probably should have brought more than 6 Arismal out to try and take a planet off of them ..." Cairo smiles over at Halko, "Next time you wanna try it with 7? ... 8 might be overkill." The PA Pilot disengages from the Datapad and tosses it to Backlash.

OOC: Unsure, would the Transfer papers list her powers/etc. or just say Fleet Engineer M.O.S.?
GM NOTE: Just the latter
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Avvi » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:55 am

Avvi
Perception: 1d20 = 9
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 30
Weapon in hand: None
Armor: None
Stat Tracker:H.P.: 43/43; S.D.C.: 300/300
Conditions: Positive: Stoned & Mellow
Negative:Personality Modification while Intoxicated: Disoriented; has difficulty following movement, conversation or what's going on around him. No initiative (last to take action), no Perception, -4 to strike, parry, dodge, and perform any combat moves, reduce attacks per melee round and Spd by half and -50% on skill performance.

Rosseyn wrote:Finally finishing up with every minor detail of Avvi's orders, Nova holds on to the datapad. "Alright Private Perikavi, you're with me. We've got a lounge to visit and some drinks to meet. Go put your crap down in Hangar 2 and meet me at the Crow's Nest ASAP. Am I understood?"



Avvi accepts his orders and heads to the Hangar.
Hangar 2
Avvi
 

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Gilina » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:27 pm

((rolls carried over))

Gilina turns and talks to Halko, "Not really sure what's going on with the fleet. I've been bounced around quite a bit myself. The shortages on everything from food, to parts has been terrible. This morning I performed a space walk to fix hangar doors. Instead of giving me proper parts to replace things, they wanted me to refurbish the actuators in place."

She opens her hand, "May I have that paperwork back. I'll need to provide it to Lieutenant..." Looking down at her own Datapad, she continues to speak, "Ridatharen. I did say that correctly right?"

After retrieving her equipment from CJ, Jill starts to unpack her gear and place them in the appropriate locations per Military SOP. If anyone watches her, they will notice how precise, and probably how green she really is. When she gets done, she'll sit down. "Well it's noon, I haven't had my morning allotment of nutrient paste. Anyone want to join me?"
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Halko » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:05 pm

[Rolls held]

Halko thinks about the last mission when Gilina asks and Cairo starts to explain. I still don't know why we even set down there. With that big ass ship hovering in orbit, I'm pretty sure they weren't just gonna let the fleet move in and harvest resources. We should have just recon'd from space and zipped outta there. The Bait & Switch might still be around if we had, though she still got us home. Oh well, it was Nova's call. He grins at Cairo explanation and shakes his head, "We took heavy ion cannon fire while their ship stayed out of our weapons range. I did get one good shot in on them when my turret was hulled. Absorbed the blast that made it through and beamed it right back at them. Thank god for my powers or I'd be just a little chard bit stuck to the scrap in the hangar."

Halko chuckles when Cairo tosses the datapad to him, "I don't know why you're giving me this. I'm just a corporal."He moves over and hands it back to Hassan, "Ma'am" before stepping back and leaning against his bunk. "Yeah, in the last 41 days, most of the squad has only been in the fleet maybe 7 days and part of that was in isolation and debrief. After this last time out, we've come back to find things coming to a head. I just... We've got to stick together or the Arismal are over as a race and the Atorians have won." His head lowers as he thinks about everyone that has been lost.

After a moment his head snaps back up, Faux said to watch that kinda talk. Keep it in check Halko. Giving the new Lieutenant a grin, Halko says, "I had mine this morning but Lieutenant Ridatharen has people meeting in the Crow's Nest. You should be able to get a scoop of the slop there as well turn your order over to Nova."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Cairo » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:39 pm

Rolls Carried Over

Cairo wrote:Perception (+2): Original post: 1d20 = 9+2=11
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 4


Military Etiquette [70%]: 1d100 = 69 -- to puzzle out the Contacting-Bodean issue

Cairo listens to Gilina's tale, "Refurbished in placed huh? Parts must be harder to come by now that a few cycles worth of stuff got shot up by the Atorians. Too bad you didn't have our Diagnostic Engineer Zeddeus along. He can repair stuff by touch ... " CJ nods Halko over in her direction so the guy can hand over the datapad, "I guess I won't be surprised if they take him away from us and put him on maintenance back here on the Dauntless. Probably take Brainiac too so he can join the R&D Department, or plan some grand battle-scheme. What powers are you bringing to the Squad's mix Lt.? You look a bit young to have had a full career full of promotions to make LT ..."

Nodding at Hassan so she knows her question was heard, CJ answers, "Yeah Ridatharen, not sure if it's right but he's never corrected me, so if I'm saying it wrong I don't think he cares. He just left for the Crow's Nest a few minutes before you showed up. I already hit the rations this morning, and I have alternate Orders, therefore I must regretfully decline the invite."

Drawing a fresh flightsuit from his gear, he heads over to the back room to change exposing a detailed arm-length tattoo as he muses, **Now to look up Bodean ... if he's here on the Dauntless. How do I do that discreetly? Or do I bother? It's totally plausible for me to look up one of the guys who snatched me outta space and buy him a damn drink. No ulterior motive to that ...** Clad in a fresh flightsuit, CJ checks his forearm mini-lasers, and boot-knives then posits to whomever is left in the room, "Ok, I owe PFC Marrowwrath a Drink for hauling my ass out of the Void as a prisoner bound for the Atorians' slave-camps, or labs, or whatever ... Where to start ... Based on some of his barfighting comments the Brig? hehehe ... Nah let's start with email."

CJ pulls his datapd back out and rattles off a few lines:
Email to Bodean.Marrowrath@ADF.MIL wrote:Bodean,

The 1st SOG is just back from the Black. Would have loved to have had you along, almost lost my head to a Nithian bastard I'm told you tossed around like a ragdoll before. We are back for a day and I still owe you a drink for hauling my dumb-ass out of an uncontrolled space-jump while under-fire. Please drop me a line as soon as you get this, or swing by the SOG Berthing, I'm sure Nova & the rest would love to see you too.

CJ Xanreys
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Augur » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:01 am

Day 41, 1230

Halko's somewhat oblivious, but Gilina and Cairo both hear shouts from somewhere outside their berthing, followed by the distinctive report of a STAR discharging.

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4066
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Cairo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Perception (+2): 1d20+2 = 7
JiC D20: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: 1d100 = 9

Conditions: Cloak of Darkness -- in hand, not worn yet (All Attackers are ½ their bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle, ½ their Initiative & Perception, Resistant (½ Damage) from Light & Laser based attacks, Impervious to shadow-based attacks)

Cairo is emerging in his new flight suit when he registers the shots fired by the STAR in the hallway. He hops to grab the corresponding helmet off his own bunk and fastens it securely as he comments to the others, "Son of a bitch, what idiot is firing projectiles in space?! I bet the MAA's are going to go apeshit." CJ reaches his left arm into the space of a lower bunk, emerging with a swath of inky-darkness (a Shadow-Cloak) as he is heading for the door, "Backlash, let's go check it out ..."

He pauses to look over at Hassan, **At least I hope it's just a guy off his Nut, and not something bigger ... Fragging-A, no idea what her powers are, should she hang back behind Halko? Can she turn to Stone? Pause time? ... Eh whatever, she either has what it takes to wear her rank or doesn't.**

Confident he's not likely to be obliterated since he's already tough as most armored folks, the PA Pilot draws an energy club with his right hand and leads the way out into the hall towards the sound of the disturbance, "Hassan, c'mon."

If CJ spots any potential danger he'll throw up a cautionary hand, and will attempt to dodge attacks coming his way.

Dodge [+13]: 1d20+13 = 221d20+13 = 16
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Halko » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 42

Prowl: 55%=1d100 = 20

Halko looks to the Lieutenants then hurries out of the berthing as he slips his energy baton off his belt. "The ship can take a STAR round easy enough. I'm more worried about the why. If there's more shots fired, let me take the lead."

Halko gets quiet as they exit the 1st SOG's berthing, preforming the standard clearing check at the hatchway and at any subsequent corridor junction. Left, right, clear, as they look for the source of the weapons fire.

Along the way he thinks, What the frak. Why am I hoping this is just some one relieving some stress with some unsanctioned target practice. Gods, it better not be some nut fighting over a scoop of that sludge they're serving in the mess hall. Crap, If things are really this bad, you'd think the fellow that can walk through walls would be the black market king by now.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Cairo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:15 am

Cairo wrote:Perception (+2): Original post: 1d20+2 = 7
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 9

Conditions: Cloak of Darkness -- in hand, not worn yet (All Attackers are ½ their bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle, ½ their Initiative & Perception, Resistant (½ Damage) from Light & Laser based attacks, Impervious to shadow-based attacks)

Dodge [+13]: Original post: 1d20+13 = 22Original post: 1d20+13 = 16


CJ grins at Backlash's response, "Sure the ship can take it, but someone ruptures a Recycling line and we have sewage all over the damn place ... That's something we don't want, especially around our own damn Berthing." The PA Pilot rolls his shoulders and casts a momentary glance at the so-far unmoving new girl before moving out. As he and Halko walk he remarks " ... setting my club to Stun for now ..." and does so.

If Hassan hasn't followed within a few seconds of their hitting the first intersection stray thoughts begin to float through CJ's mind, **I hope the gunfire isn't just some kind of distraction to get us to leave New-Girl in our Rack so she can search for ... or plant stuff ... No, no time to be paranoid ... Check the damn gunfire in case there are no MAAs on patrol ...**
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Gilina » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:21 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 17
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 5 | 1d100 = 58

"Yeah, parts are getting harder to come by. Just last week, I had to..." she stops talking as she hears the gunfire. That's what I think it is... right? She's a bit slow on the up take compared to her team. Sitting there in her BDU's, the blonde woman is stunned by what is going on. She watches as her teammates run for and out the door, not thinking about the potential for combat. After all, about a month ago she was a civilian.

"Hey, hold up!" Gillina tells her two new teammates. She grabs her toolkit, out of instinct and puts it onto her back. "Nobody is blowing holes into my ship..." she let's the words trail off as she levitates an inch off the ground. She quickly flies after her teammates and once she reaches Cairo, pulls out her pistol.

Initiative: 1d20+9 = 17
AutoDodge (+9 not added in) 7d20:
5, 9, 3, 1, 20, 14, 2
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Augur » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:02 am

Image

Halko, Cairo, and Gilina emerge into the passageway outside the 1st SOG berthing. Halko's keenly aware of the general direction from which the gunshot rang out, can hear some sort of brawl in progress, and everyone can make out the sounds of indecipherable shouts. As they emerge, looking ready for action, they note the presence of a man in the passageway with them. He directly confronts them all. He shouts at all three of them. "Shipmates, get back in that space!" The man is wearing standard A.D.F. armor, is carrying a stun baton in hand, and looks ready for action. Halko and Gilina also note that he appears to have a STAR slung across his back, and his suit bears the rating insignia of a Master-at-Arms.

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4066
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Cairo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:55 am

Perception (+2): 1d20+2 = 16
JiC D20: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: 1d100 = 4

Conditions: Cloak of Darkness -- in hand, not worn yet (All Attackers are ½ their bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle, ½ their Initiative & Perception, Resistant (½ Damage) from Light & Laser based attacks, Impervious to shadow-based attacks)

Military Etiquette 70%: 1d100 = 22

Cairo holsters (?) his club and holds his hands out a bit in a nonthreatening manner but doesn't head back into the Berthing. Instead he replies, "We're here to help. We heard gunfire. Are there injuries? What is going on? ..." After a couple seconds (if he's not getting a response) "Why aren't you helping with the scuffle over there? ... We can help with transport to the Med-Bay or the Brig if you need ... If not, our orders are to meet our C.O. at the Crow's Nest."

If the jumpy fellow escalates or attacks CJ will dodge.

Dodge [+13]: 1d20+13 = 301d20+13 = 261d20+13 = 15

CJ keeps his eyes and ears open for the disturbance and brawl he can hear in progress, **Situational authority aside, he doesn't know our C.O. or what assignments we have that have to get done. We are not interfering and have offered to help. He can accept the help or not.**

OOC: What is this guy's rank? Do we hear anyone yelling in pain? Any more gunshots?
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Gilina » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:58 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 17
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 13 | 1d100 = 93
Conditions: Hovering an inch off the ground.

Charm/Impress -- 1d100 = 6 / 55%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100 = 8 / 45%
Military Etiquette -- 1d100 = 73 / 64%

Gilina listens to Cairo, and then steps forward to address the Master at Arms. "If you don't want us to get involved with the fight, that's fine. But I'm trained to fix damage to the ship." She pulls off her backpack tool kit and raises it up. "Let me in there to fix the small damage before it becomes catastrophic. Even though I am rated to work in Zero-G, and in decompression. I know I don't want to do it, unless I have to." She puts the backpack back on. "Let us help," she tries to persuade the security officer. Hoping that she remembered correctly how to follow protocol to perform repairs in a combat zone.

Gilina looks at Cairo, "I know we have orders to go to the Crow's Nest. But if there is a hull breach, I think that takes precedence."

Initiative: 1d20+9 = 20
AutoDodge (+9 not added in) 7d20:
1, 4, 9, 15, 16, 6, 13
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Halko » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:57 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 43
Init: 1d20+2 = 21
Actions: 5

With all the new information he's been told about what's going on in the Fleet, Halko wants to get eyes on the problem before he makes a decision, so he just keeps running towards where the gun shot rang out from. Well aware that standard forms to subdue people won't work on him, Halko runs toward the junction and doesn't attempt to dodge if the supposed MAA tries to strike him with the stun baton.

As he reaches the junction, Halko makes a wide swing around the corner so he can keep as much speed as possible through the turn. All the while he thinks, There's no way to know if this guy's the real deal or if he's in on whatever is going on. I guess if he whips that STAR out I'll know. Under normal situations he'll try to stun and subdue me first. As he closes in on the MAA he begins to wonder what powers the man might have.

If the MAA tries to attack with something other than the Stun Baton or STAR, Halko will dodge.

Dodge: 1d20+6 = 14 1d20+6 = 24 1d20+6 = 16
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Augur » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:32 am

Scene wrote:He directly confronts them all. He shouts at all three of them. "Shipmates, get back in that space!" The man is wearing standard A.D.F. armor, is carrying a stun baton in hand, and looks ready for action. Halko and Gilina also note that he appears to have a STAR slung across his back, and his suit bears the rating insignia of a Master-at-Arms.


Cairo holsters his baton and holds his hands out a bit in a nonthreatening manner but doesn't head back into the Berthing. "We're here to help. We heard gunfire. Are there injuries? What is going on?"

"Sir, you can best help by..." (Successful etiquette gets you a courtesy.)

Gilina steps forward and adds "If you don't want us to get involved with the fight, that's fine. But I'm trained to fix damage to the ship." Gilina looks at Cairo, "I know we have orders to go to the Crow's Nest. But if there is a hull breach, I think that takes precedence." (Excellent interpersonal skills/abilities results.)

"Sorry, ma'am. It's small arms fire, the hull's in no..."

Halko runs toward the junction and doesn't attempt to dodge as the MAA skillfully clubs him in the side of the head with his stun baton. Halko barely notices. It always hurts to get hit, but aside from the sudden pain of the immediate experience, he knows there's no consequence, and his mind and body are conditioned to react accordingly. As he reaches the junction, the MAA steps to block him and gets bowled over. As Jerrick rounds the corner he sees a man at the next junction walking aft. There is also a person bleeding on the deck nearby him. (Shitty perception, or I'd provide more description.)

What are your intentions?

Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4066
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Cairo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:24 pm

Perception (+2): 1d20+2 = 9
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 96

Conditions: Cloak of Darkness -- in hand, not worn yet (All Attackers are ½ their bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle, ½ their Initiative & Perception, Resistant (½ Damage) from Light & Laser based attacks, Impervious to shadow-based attacks)

Military Etiquette 70%: 1d100 = 67

CJ watches Halko bowl the MAA over and trots up to the downed man (positioning himself in the intersection) as he offers a hand to help the man up, "Sorry about that, we'll put him on latrines for the next few weeks ... Sometimes he doesn't think things through."

If/When he catches sight of the guy laying on the ground in the pool of blood, he'll remark, "Well he doesn't look like he'll be much trouble ... we better get that guy up to the Med-bay before he bleeds out ... Gotta keep the Genes for the race right?" Then Cairo summons up a Hover-Disc "... just like a Gurney. You have handcuffs? If not I have a set back in our berth ... might not be needed though."

OOC: Cairo wants to try and maintain an amiable/nonthreatening demeanor as best he can because he is concerned Halko may need to be rescued from incidental consequences ...

CJ will dodge away from incoming attacks if he notices them and respond, "Whoa there ... unnecessary roughness ... " ***What the Frak? ... no one else coming to investigate shots fired on the Crew deck?!? ... Where's Gyn, he'd have the seniority to smooth over Halko's little Bodean impression ...or I guess maybe Nova?***

Dodge [+13]: 1d20+13 = 251d20+13 = 251d20+13 = 22
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Halko » Fri May 01, 2015 10:29 am

Percep: 1d20+1 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 23
Actions: 5
Init: 1d20+2 = 6

Halko takes in his very limited view, Frak, I've got no idea who could be around those corners or what exactly is going on. Great. The sarcasm oozes in his thoughts and he bellows, "MAN DOWN! YOU THERE, ON THE GROUND NOW!"

Halko continues his charge down the corridor, only slowing down if the man does get on the ground or attempts some sort of passive gesture. Then Halko will slow to a stop and say, "What is going on here? Who discharged that weapon?"

If the man pulls a weapon, other than a blade, Halko will charge straight into him and deliver a body block.

If the man pulls a blade, Halko will stop as quickly as possible, slipping his stun baton into his belt and drawing his pistol, He'll aim at the man and say, "Drop your weapons and get on the ground!"

If the man takes off running down the corridor, Halko will continue to charge after him as he calls out, "Guy's running. I'm going after him."

1-4. Run & talk
5. Run OR Talk OR Body Block strike: 1d20+2 = 11 Dmg: 2d6 (?) = 2d6 = 7

Dodge blade weapons only: 1d20+6 = 19 1d20+6 = 26 1d20+6 = 14 1d20+6 = 10 1d20+6 = 7

(OOC: I'm guessing it's going to take most of my actions to get down the hall. So I'll wait for the next GM post to proceed beyond contact with the man/intersection.)
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Gilina » Sat May 02, 2015 9:41 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 18 | 1d100 = 61

As Cairo bolts to the down officer, Gilina flies to the hallway, stops and quickly assess the situation then flies down to the wounded soldier. "You are going to be all right." she assesses his condition. Even though she is not trained in proper medical procedures, her rudimentary and basic first aid training kicks in. Calm, reassuring voice, she can hear her instructor in her head. Check for a pulse and breathing, Her hand touches the man's throat and tries to feel for a pulse and how fast it is running. "Frak this! I'm a mechanic, not a medic!" Turning toward Cairo, she yells, "I'm taking him to medical."

Her body starts to glow (Horror/Awe Factor: 10), as she picks up the fallen man. She flies back down the hallway the way she came, turning the corner by Cairo and keeps on going toward midship where Sickbay is located. If at any point the man is concsious, she's asks, "Who did this?" and "Why would they?"

Initiative: 1d20+9 = 19
AutoDodge (+9 not added in) 7d20:
3, 3, 1, 20, 10, 1, 2
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Crew Deck: 1st S.O.G. Berthing

Postby Cairo » Sat May 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception (+2): Original post: 1d20+2 = 9
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 96

Conditions: Cloak of Darkness -- in hand, not worn yet (All Attackers are ½ their bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle, ½ their Initiative & Perception, Resistant (½ Damage) from Light & Laser based attacks, Impervious to shadow-based attacks)

Military Etiquette 70%: Original post: 1d100 = 67


New Girl wrote:Her hand touches the man's throat and tries to feel for a pulse and how fast it is running. "Frak this! I'm a mechanic, not a medic!" Turning toward Cairo, she yells, "I'm taking him to medical."


Cairo glances briefly over at Hassan **Ooookay, I guess ...** then offers a grin back at the MAA, "So, you ok? She's new, I don't know what her deal is ..."

CJ will duck away as described before if this guy decides to start swinging or firing.

Dodge [+13]: Original post: 1d20+13 = 25Original post: 1d20+13 = 25Original post: 1d20+13 = 22
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Next

Return to A.D.F.S. Dauntless

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron