Flight Deck: Hangar Bay 2

CPT Zoi Cardea is the commanding officer of the A.D.F.S. Dauntless, one of the two remaining Vigilance Class Carriers in the fleet.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Flight Deck: Hangar Bay 2

Postby Augur » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Hangar Bay 2 is where the small craft of the 1st S.O.G. (among others) are stationed and maintained.

Modifying Small Craft:
You'll need the Aliens Unlimited Galaxy Guide for module costs of specific equipment.

Modifying Personal Gear:
Repairs and modifications will be conducted here RP-wise.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: Flight Deck: Hangar Bay 2

Postby Ryden » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:25 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 6

Ryden, with his box of parts and tablet full of software, heads towards the area near their landing bay and takes in the area around where their ship will be. He heads to a locker and stuffs the box of all the parts in it. The tablet full of program installations and the specs for a hacking computer like his own is backed up onto his personal suit computer and powered off and placed in the locker. The lack of a headjack or VR interface meant Cairo would have to go full on merge with the computer itself. Locking everything back up, he heads back to the berthing.

[To the Berthing for the introspective post from earlier]
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:17 pm

Perception (+3): 1d20 = 17+3=20
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 81

Conditions: Force Disc

CJ pales slightly as he glides into the Hangar Bay and pauses for a moment looking first for remnant signs of the all-out Superbrawl that was being hosted when he was last in the Hangar, then for the Osprey (which he'll take a few seconds to look over from a distance), then move on to the 1st SOG's storage to check what of their requisitioned gear has been delivery.

After taking stock, Xanreys floats across the Hangar to inspect the Osprey from up close. **Bigger than it looked onscreen. Damn and Brainiac said we really don't have capacity to mount a double complement of Albatrass Turrets on this thing? Thing's like a Jr. Cruiser ... Clean lines though ... she's pretty. That Cygnus looked like a badly made brick. I hope they're right about it handling well because it's a big ass target, and the weapons complement ... pfff like a toothless kitten. But they want to try speed as an alternative to muscle ...**

General Repair and Maintenance [75%]: 1d100 = 12
Field Armorer [80%]: 1d100 = 46

Like a fine-tooth comb CJ runs his Mark-1 eyeballs over every inch of the hull before he pops one of the hatches open and takes a full tour of the interior [currently much roomier than after Brainiac's intended remodel :wink:] before settling in the cockpit and merging to get the 'feel' of the ships systems and running a diagnostic.

Read Sensory Equipment [70%+25% Linked = 95%]: 1d100 = 6
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small [91%+20% Linked = 111%]: 1d100 = 17

After gauging the Osprey's baseline capabilities, CJ disengages and heads back out into the Hangar. If he sees any Techs working on Wardog repairs (OOC: since it's not just ours, there are probably others in the area), CJ will introduce himself, "Morning. CJ Xanreys 1st SOG. I'm here hoping to talk to someone about some assistance installing parts to upgrade a Wardog. Looking to up the strength, add some forearm blades, integrate Marine Armor plating and tri-beams instead of the regular heavy beam cannons ... I figured you guys might be able to help. I guess we're shipping back out into the black in a few days. If you could point me at a couple guys who can gimme a hand, I'd be overjoyed to help however I can, ummm donate some drink credits or ... I dunno ... Whatever I can do to get the installation done."

OOC: CJ's glad to help with the upgrade process as well (though his skills are limited), he'll donate his off-hours time since he tires a lot slower than some and he can use his Force Disc to help folks transport things. He's willing to get stuff from off-fleet but doesn't have Ryden's offer/pitch ready. He's indicated he might be out of the Fleet though, so if someone else needed something and asked for him to look for things ... he would as long as they would not get CJ or the 1st SOG in trouble.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Captain Cardea » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:17 am

Cairo wrote:After gauging the Osprey's baseline capabilities, CJ disengages and heads back out into the Hangar. If he sees any Techs working on Wardog repairs (OOC: since it's not just ours, there are probably others in the area), CJ will introduce himself, "Morning. CJ Xanreys 1st SOG. I'm here hoping to talk to someone about some assistance installing parts to upgrade a Wardog. Looking to up the strength, add some forearm blades, integrate Marine Armor plating and tri-beams instead of the regular heavy beam cannons ... I figured you guys might be able to help. I guess we're shipping back out into the black in a few days. If you could point me at a couple guys who can gimme a hand, I'd be overjoyed to help however I can, ummm donate some drink credits or ... I dunno ... Whatever I can do to get the installation done."

The tech looks up from her work and furrows her brow at CJ for a moment, "I was going to tear you a new one for thinking you can jump the queue for repairs, but since you're willing to help and we're short handed I'll see what I can do. First thing you need is to find the parts, you got Marine armor we can take from? We don't have the ability to make things new."
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Postby Cairo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:08 pm

OOC: I think we have a set of Marine Armor that was issued to us here viewtopic.php?p=319165#p319165 but I'm not sure if it has arrived yet. 1st SOG has 1 spare set of Marine Armor over in the lockers, so we could use that, then when the requisitioned one comes in we can replace it. That said, before bolting on additional armor on the outside, upgrading internal components might be the better start. CJ did get hold of "Myomer Bundles" which Augur confirmed are to increase the War Dog's strength.

Perception (+3): 1d20 = 20
JiC D20: 1d20 = 4
JiC D100: 1d100 = 38

CJ smiles congenially at the Tech, "Yeah 1st SOG has 1 more Marine Armor stowed over in our gear. We have another that was requisitioned and a 3rd set in for repairs. So the 1 that's already here we can use. Then the other 2 will bring us back up to SOG standard complement. My War Dog is already in the queue for repairs [see viewtopic.php?p=305045#p305045 ] ... I'm glad to help however I can. Just point me at a toolbox."

CJ's Relevant Semi-Useful Skills wrote:Field Armorer 80%, General Repair and Maintenance 75%, Basic Mechanics 75%, Basic Electronics 75%, Weapon Systems 80%, Read Sensory Equipment 70%, Salvage 60%

Cairo has no qualms about getting to work, **... better to have something affirmatively useful to do than to sit in my bunk. Besides, I might learn a bit here about the Wardog that could be useful if I ever have to do real field repairs. The more you know about your tools, the better.**

When his Datapad chimes softly CJ looks down to find:

Message wrote:Briefing at 0700 tomorrow. Deployment within the week. This will be an intelligence gathering mission, not a combat OP, so prepare accordingly.

LCDR Nibiru Akeno, Commanding Officer, Special Operations Command

**Interesting. 0700 briefing? Well that's ahead of when the last of our requisitions are supposed to get here at .... what'd the SUPPO say? 0800. That's probably the point. Who knows maybe Brainiac will come up with a whole new setup by the end of that meeting ... For me though well I might as well do what I can here just in case the non-combat OP ends up needing ... a stronger Wardog to carry stuff hehehe.**

The PA Pilot will put in 12 hours or so, and (if his PA is completed) will stay on to help as long as he's being tolerated by the techs, or until a double shift has been completed. Over the course of whatever work/assistance, CJ will try to get to know those he's working with. For instance CJ would ask whether any of these folks were here (in the Hangar) during the insurgency battle? Was anyone in the deck-crew hurt? Anyone have any good music to share? (OOC: CJ brought up 120 hours, and grabbed a bunch off of Brainiac, but it seems like the type of thing we should really be able to expand almost constantly. Music files will be very very small, and everyone probably brought some up with them, and/or books).
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Captain Cardea » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:47 pm

Cairo wrote:CJ smiles congenially at the Tech, "Yeah 1st SOG has 1 more Marine Armor stowed over in our gear. We have another that was requisitioned and a 3rd set in for repairs. So the 1 that's already here we can use. Then the other 2 will bring us back up to SOG standard complement. My War Dog is already in the queue for repairs [see http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 45#p305045 ] ... I'm glad to help however I can. Just point me at a toolbox."

"Alright, we can do what you want - get that surplus armor unit over to us and we'll strip it down for parts. The plating and the weapon swap is no big deal but changing the servos to boost unit performance is a big, time consuming job, no way I can have that done and safety tested in less than a week - even if things were operating at a hundred percent." Sighing exasperatedly her face creases as she comes to some new revelation, "Hell, even if I had the time I couldn't do the servo work. A control module in our armor lift was damaged in the fire fight. I need a new one of those before I can strip down anything but a male model."

Nodding the tech makes a few notes then sets CJ to work on some mundane tasks, loading ammo drums, tightening valves, and other low end but necessary things needed to keep a fleet of vehicles and spacecraft in tip-top condition. While it doesn't seem like much his small jobs seem to free up some of the techs for the major repairs and battle damage from recent events.
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Postby Cairo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:41 pm

OOC: What is this Tech/Crew-chief's name?

Perception (+3): 1d20 = 7+3=10
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 14

CJ heads over and snags the Marine Armor from the 1st SOG Storage and returns, "Don't have a week. So I'll take what I can get and be eminently grateful ... and actually I'll see if I know a guy about your Armor-Lift ..." Tapping for a few moments on his Datapad, CJ fires off a quick message.

Message to Crash wrote:If you have spare Repair-Mojo for the day, please swing by the Hangar. We could use some of it.
Fang

**Hope he gets that, I got the impression he was going to be working on something.** The PA Pilot himself works actively to handle whatever tasks he can to assist in installation of the Tri-Beam Lasers, Retractable Forearm Blades, and Marine Armor plating on the Wardog.

OOC: Nothing on the music? :( Dang CJ's going to have to start going Door to Door :drunken:
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Niall » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:27 am

Perception: 1d20

JIC: 1d20
1d100

Scarecely does Cairo receive Niall's reply: En route, than does Niall show up, out of breath.

He trots into the Hangar bay, sweaty and breathing hard, and doubles over, placing his hands on his knees. He holds up one finger - the universal sign for "Give me a moment, I'm terribly out of shape and need to remember how to breathe like a normal person".

After a moment, he stands. "Sorry - Didn't get to run this morning, so I thought I'd get a run in on the way here. Bad idea, apparently. But I'll be thankful for the cardio I'm getting next time we're chased by dinosaurs.

He rubs his hands together. "Who or what is broken?

When showed to the malfunctioning unit, he'll try to 'lay hands' on it, his palms glowing with a soft orange light, and sink enough power touch points into it to get it fixed.

(OOC: let me know how much I drop, as I wanted to do some other repairs as well.)

If the crew chief side-eyes him, he shrugs: "Zeddeus, 1st SOG." He holds up his hands and looks at them. "Magic hands, I guess. I can damage or fix things, and fire energy directly from my hands." Or you could tell her what you think - your hands have the ability to manipulate atomic bonds - repair, break, or eliminate those bonds, to a variety of effects. But I have no evidence, haven't done any studies. Nah, 'Magic' is as effective an explanation as any.

He smirks. I have a pretty full repair queue of my own, I'm afraid, but..." He claps C.J. on the shoulder, "...When my squad-mates call..."

If unsuccessful, he turns to the crew chief, and says "My power is a no-go, it looks like. I might be able to swing by tomorrow and put some work in for you, try to help it get fixed the old-fashioned way?"

Whether successful or unsuccessful, he turns back to Cairo. "I really have to be getting back, though. Hip-deep in work." Not a lie, technically. He turns back and limps back out of the Hangar Bay, and through the corridors back to the berthing.
Last edited by Niall on Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:31 am

Rolls Carried Forward

CJ waves when Niall arrives and lets the fellow catch his breath, "Hiya, a bunch of stuff got damaged during the Grand Melee yesterday. I am volunteering a bit to keep busy until tomorrow-morning's briefing and kick off on re-fit of the Osprey. I figured if you were not already engaged I'd see if you could give the Control Module in the Armor Lift a love-tap. Appreciate the assist."

The PA Pilot offers a grin to the Deck-Tech who has been directing him if the repair was successful, "Ok well point me at whatever else I can do." If/when Brainiac arrives, CJ offers a friendly wave in greeting.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Captain Cardea » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:29 am

Replace Not Repair

Niall's efforts prove very helpful in repairing some of the broken materials. However, the issue of the control module proves more vexing. The part was destroyed in the fire fight, not just damaged. Nonetheless, the crew chief - who's name badge reads "Brennan" - is sufficiently impressed. She hands CJ a data pad with the specs for a control module on it.

'If you can get me a new control module I'll return the favour and help you guys mod out your gear." She smiles, "Don't bother with the Quartermaster on the Dauntless. Tight wad says there's none aboard. You'll need to snake one from someone else's inventory or get one made on a civilian manufacturing ship."

Before she can say much else a loud clatter echoes across the bay, turning she sees someone dropped a tool, and she sets off to let the technician know about it.
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Postby Cairo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:35 am

Perception (+3): 1d20+3 = 4
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 30

Cairo takes the Datapad from Brennan, "Roger that. One Control Module that ... seems to be rare. I'll see what I can do." When she heads off to look into another Tech's hiccup, CJ spends a few moments studying the specs provided on his Datapad before he begins tapping out a message to the 1st SOG.

**They're always talking about modular this and interchangeable that for the 'superiority' of Arismal engineering. I mean, would anything from the Bait & Switch be useable, or something that could be modified into making it useable? ...**

Message to 1st SOG wrote:Hey guys, looking for a Control Module panel ... <<SPECS INSERTED HERE>> Any Ideas? Were there any on the Albatross? Can we rig one up? or are we going to have any spares off the Osprey?
Fang
Last edited by Cairo on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:35 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 20,1d100 = 56

Ryden accompanies Niall into the hanger, still in normal duty uniform. He strips the top of his uniform, tying the arms about his waist leaving only his undershirt covering his upper body. Without the uniform to cover his lanky frame, it becomes even more apparent just how undeveloped he is physically in comparison to pretty much anyone else in the 1st, except MAYBE Niall. Despite that, his ability to work long hours past the point of exhaustion is also well known.

He watches as Niall attempts to fix the control panel and when he fails, he begins poking around, figuring out why it's not able to be fixed. While Cairo is looking at the control panel. After Cairo sends out his message, he walks over with the burnt out one. "I can probably fix this if we have enough replacement boards and the wiring diagrams. Go faster if I had some help. Let me break this down and see what I can do. See what they have in terms of spare boards and an microelectronics tool kit. If they don't, there should be a tool kit in my locker." He pulls on his goggles and uses the Heads Up Display to search the network for wiring diagrams and material specs for the specific model of control panel.

Tinker rolls:
Research 100%/1d100 = 79 to find the wiring diagram and material specs for this specific control panel. PASS
Tinker Attempt 1: Electrical Engineer 65%/1d100 = 43 to salvage as much as I can from the burnt out unit - housing if nothing else. PASS
Tinker Attempt 2: Computer Repair 50%/1d100 = 88 to begin working on replacing any off the shelf parts that are available. FAIL!
Tinker Attempt 3: Electrical Engineer 65%/1d100 = 98 to begin soldering a new circuit board for the control panel. FAIL!
Current Details

ImageImage

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Niall » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:02 am

Perception: 1d20 = 12

JIC: 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 79

Before Niall heads back to the berthing, he watches Ryden attempt to cobble together a new control unit. Not sure we have the raw materials for that...

He will assist Ryden as much as possible before the anxiety at leaving his proposal unfinished gnaws at him enough to force his departure.

Tinker rolls:
Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 86%/1d100 = 64 to determine the function and capacity of the control unit. PASS!
Tinker Attempt 1: Computer Repair 50%/1d100 = 74 to begin working on replacing any off the shelf parts that are available. FAIL!
Tinker Attempt 2: Electrical Engineer 65%/1d100 = 81 to assist Ryden with soldering a new circuit board for the control panel. FAIL!
Tinker attempt 3: Electrical Engineer 65%/1d100 = 40 another pass at soldering a new circuit board for the control panel. PASS!

Whatever their level of success, Niall excuses himself to return to the 1st SOG's berthing and finish his proposals for the fleet leadership.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
S.D.C. by Location:
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Gilina » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:43 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 5 | 1d100 = 98

Current Conditions:
Force Aura (OFF): SDC: 200 / AR: 14 / HF 10 | No Minuses in Darkness/Blinded

Gilina floats through the doors typing away at her datapad scouring the records for the ship the supply clerk mentioned. Stepping down and walking the few remaining feet towards her teammate she opens up, "Cairo, I have some good and bad news... Good news, there is a part out there brand new and ready to go. Bad news, it was delayed in delivery here to the Dauntless."

As she lets that information sink in, she pipes up. "Now I have the name of the ship, and there is twenty five tons of cargo to be delivered. We just need to get it here sooner than later. Because I am positive that there are more parts and pieces we could use to fix up the Osprey."

When she see's Ryden, she smiles and gets a bright idea. "Hold on!"

She quickly floats over to the extreme hardcore hacker, "Ryden, got a moment?" She waits for the man to break free and walks a few feet away and quietly talks to him. "I have an issue, there is this part that Fang needs. I found that it is on board a ship called The Profit Margin, and it also has about twenty five tons of other equipment on board. I was wondering if you could create a manifest of orders to either get a ship out to the Profit Margin, or to bring it back to the Dauntless on a priority fleet move."

Information Rolls to find ADFS Profit Motive
Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 51 / 79%
Research -- 1d100 = 20 / 69%
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:16 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 63, 1d20 = 9

"I could manufacturer orders, but I don't think I need to. You've got the manifest right?" When she gives the affirmative answer, he nods. "Good. One sec."

He pulls his visor down and slips on the data interface gloves he'd removed to do the delicate electronics work. He fires off two emails.

SUPPO,
I have a manifest of yours that needs to be delivered. It's Manifest # %$%$%-$%$% Can you send a request to LCDR Nibiru Akeno requesting the 1st SOG for a time sensitive delivery from the Profit Motive to the Dauntless? We have the ship and the manpower, we just need the authorization.
LT Ryden Hunter

Military Etiquette 80%/1d100 = 46 PASS

LCDR Nibiru Akeno,
Speckles, we need a favor. 1st SOG needs to run a retrieval op of goods that are currently on the Profit Motive and need to be on the Dauntless. Hopefully you'll soon receive a request that 1st SOG do a courier run for priority delivery. Can you get the Captain or XO to approve the flight and get them to get our shipment together on the Profit Motive? We need the deck crew to have a part so they can fix one of the wardogs for us. It's Manifest # %$%$%-$%$%
LT Ryden Hunter, Brainiac

Military Etiquette 80%/1d100 = 54 PASS

He then calls over to CJ. "Hey, see if we can get the Osprey cleared for immediate launch by the deck chief. I just sent up the requests to get us on a priority delivery op to get that panel from the Profit Motive. If its approved, you and Jill could run the osprey over there to get the parts."
Current Details

ImageImage

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:36 pm

OOC: Since we're Pre-briefing running the Osprey is a great idea & if we can't .... CJ will make a personal War-Dog run 8) if Nibiru will authorize.

Rolls Carried Forward

As folks come outta the woodwork (only to be stymied by the difficulties of technical fabrication), CJ finds himself thankful that the 1st SOG is all about business and trying as many different ways as needed to get things done. "I gave the Osprey a detailed inspection a little while ago. I'll check with Brennan on whether we can make a quick run, thanks Brainiac."

Cairo leaves the folks (Brainiac, Niall, and Jill) attempting to rebuild a new unit and heads over to Brennan, "SUPPO says your Control Panel is on another ship. You mind if we grab the Osprey to go get it for you? Along with a few other supplies for the Dauntless? Wins all around hopefully? ..."

Military Etiquette [80%]: 1d100 = 36
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:43 pm

Cairo wrote:Cairo leaves the folks (Brainiac, Niall, and Jill) attempting to rebuild a new unit and heads over to Brennan, "SUPPO says your Control Panel is on another ship. You mind if we grab the Osprey to go get it for you? Along with a few other supplies for the Dauntless? Wins all around hopefully? ..."

Military Etiquette [80%]: Original post: 1d100 = 36

Brennan laughs in his face. She then looks at her uniform, as if giving herself an inspection. "Nope. Still wearing the green of a tech. Not the white piping of an ATO." She then pulls out and peers at her collar device insignia. "Nope. No miraculous promotion." She smiles at Cairo. "Gotta bust your chops, sir--it's in the regs. You black shoes are all alike: You're as clueless as civilians when it comes to air operations just as us brown shoes tend to be when it comes to the finer points of ship life that are second nature to your black shoes. The less fun answer is: I don't have that authority, so what I 'mind' doesn't count for a mound of legumes. Gotta get the ATO to sign off on any movement of aircraft. You know: the chain of command."
Augur
Admin

Postby Cairo » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:34 am

Perception (+3):  1d20+3 = 23
JiC D20: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: 1d100 = 92

Pilot Small Military Spacecraft [121% (merged)] : 1d100 = 45 - Flight to other ship in Fleet without running into things :D
Read Sensory Equipment [95% (merged)]: 1d100 = 73 - Checking for stuff so he doesn't run into things :D

Conditions: Merged to Osprey (Eventually)

CJ and Jill (with or without a couple SOG members in tow) walk into the Hangar and he offers a wave to whoever is in charge (and anyone he recognizes), "Got cleared to go pick up some stuff around fleet for the Dauntless including the Control Panel for that PA lift. If you could clear folks for a few minutes we'll launch, hopefully be back in an hour or so ..."

If there are no hiccups, the PA Pilot checks his destination with Brainiac and/or Fleet, then grabs 1 or 2 of the Marine Armors to toss in the Osprey's Hold so that he can up his strength for Cargo-loading and unloading. He will then proceed up to the Cockpit and Merge to the Osprey carefully checking to make sure she is in good working order before he engages the engines to lift off the Flight Deck.

**If I can get over there quickly, I can load up very easily with the Flight Disc to handle the carrying 500 or 700 lbs at a time. Pop back here and let the SUPPO know he can pick up his stuff in our Hangar. Bing bang boom the PA techs will help out with my installations & the Osprey overhaul launches under Brainiac's tyrannical supervision hehehe ...**

OOC: There should be 2 Marine Armors. The 3rd is begin Cannibalized to upgrade CJ'S PA. That's why I had suggested Armors for CJ & Halko, Jill is already stronger. If Halko doesn't go both CJ & Jill would have Armors with Strength amplifiers.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:09 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 4

Halko trails Cairo and Gilina a few steps as they make their way into the hangar bay. As Cairo secures their launch approval, Halko goes over to the 1st SOG storage lockers and moves the power armors into the Osprey's cargo hold. Once that's done, Halko sticks his head out the airlock and says to Cairo, "Fang. I'm gonna go ahead and get suited up so we're ready to load once we dock with the supply ship."

Ducking back in to the Osprey starts to don the power armor, Jeez, I can't believe Niall came up with that whole proposal and is actually gonna send it up the chain. That takes some balls. I didn't think the tech head had it in him. That's a lot to think about. Especially the promulgation part. By natural methods, that's gonna take a lot of time and put an incredable strain on our female population. I....I wonder how many children are actually in the fleet. Given that those that survived are primarily from the military and commercial merchant fleets, I'm guessing that number is sorrowful and astonishingly low. Are we at the head of an entire lost generation? Crap! That's one thing Zeddus didn't mention. Education and history. The preservation of Arismal knowledge. If we aren't careful, we could loose a great deal of Arismal culture and history.

He continues to dress out in the Marine PA as this train of thought continues. When Cairo and/or Gilina pass him in the cargo bay, he gives them a nod as he finishes getting suited up. As soon as he's done, Halko brings up the comm's suit and enters a text message to Niall with a brief description of his thoughts on what was missing from the proposal. As he enters the message he thinks, "Once we start refitting this bird, I'm gonna be about as useful as a C-clamp and a paper weight. Hold, lift and carry are about the extent of my repair abilities. We should start working on some kind of cross training system to get more use out of the lugs like me that have a very limited skill set."

When all is said and done, Halko sits tight and waits to arrive at the supply ship.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol

Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Captain Cardea » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:18 am

Supplies!

With his mission finally authorized CJ and his motley crew gear up to intercept the Profit Margin at the edge of the fleet. Catching the ship should be fairly easy, conniving the Captain to let them interrupt the delivery of supplies is a whole other matter. Taking the Osprey out is uneventful and a good chance to get a feel for the new ship. Passing through the congested bulk of the Dauntless and her escorts the crew moves out to the picket lines where destroyers keep watch over the flanks. Out here, away from the main body of the fleet, the Profit Margin is easy to spot. The commerce class ship is huge - about half the size of the Dauntless and roughly the same length as the fleet's battleships. Currently a destroyer is linked up to the transport vessel no doubt taking on fresh supplies - two other destroyers and a squadron of fighters patrol nearby to protect the transport.

What are your intentions?

OOC: I didn't have the destroyers hail you in order to give you the option to test the stealth systems and approach unseen or to broadcast your position.
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Postby Cairo » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:00 am

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 17
JiC D20: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: 1d100 = 84

Pilot Small Military Spacecraft [121% (merged)] : 1d100 = 8 - Flight to other ship in Fleet without running into things :D
Read Sensory Equipment [95% (merged)]: 1d100 = 86 - Checking for stuff so he doesn't run into things :D

Conditions: Merged to Osprey

CJ guides the Osprey towards the Profit Margin, "Can one of you guys give them the heads up not to fire on us hehehe ... We can hook up wherever they need us to grab the supplies. We have our authorizations." He's not inclined to take an indirect route but one that will allow for them to be easily spotted.

**Let's see here, Control Panel for our friends in the Hangar, Parts for the SUPPO, who knows maybe we can even land some more books or a couple decks of cards.**
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:36 am

Percep: 1d20+2 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 81

Radio: Basic: 90%=1d100 = 11
Military Etiquette: 70%=1d100 = 85

Halko patches into the radio and hails the supply ship, "Profit Margin, this is transport (he gives whatever designation the Osprey currently has), requesting permission to dock and take on supplies bound for the Dauntless. Transmitting authorization now. " Halko hits the button to send their authorization paper work to the supply ship and waits for a reply.

As he waits, Halko asks the others on board the Osprey, "What do you think these guys know of what happened on the Dauntless? Do you think they'll quiz us while we're waiting?"
Current Details

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Gilina » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:41 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 18
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 1 | 1d100 = 95

Current Conditions:
Force Aura (Off): SDC: 200 / AR: 14 / HF 10 | No Minuses in Darkness/Blinded

As Cairo maneuvers the ship toward the fleet, and Halko radio's over. Jill is relieved she doesn't have to try and convince other fleet personnel that she was meant to be there. As Halko starts to need information, she starts to send information over to him, "Halko, here... Fleet Orders Indigo Sierra Bravo November 978-0-87431-025-2" she says quietly passing along the fleet orders. The fleet order datastream gets passed over to his console as well. Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 48 / 79%

This shouldn't be a problem, she thinks to herself. We have orders, it's not like we are trying to scam our way into a pirate den or anything.

Gilina wrote:Looks like Halko posted before I did. Which means this post is null and void... I left it here as to not destroy the die codes'

As Cairo maneuvers the ship closer to the Profit Margin and the picket fleet, Jill radio's over, "Profit Margin, this is SGW 1138, over." Jill starts off her radio communication with an air of confidence. As soon as she gets acknowledgement to continue, she starts back up again. "This is the 1st SOG currently inbound on an Osprey Class Courier, SGW 1138. We would like permission to dock. Fleet Orders Indigo Sierra Bravo November 978-0-87431-025-2, over" Military Etiquette -- 1d100 = 10 / 74% | Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 70 / 104%

"That should get us docked," she says aloud to those in the cockpit. I hope...
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:17 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 16,1d100 = 9

Watching the departing Osprey with a smirk of satisfaction, Ryden pulls out the box of electronic parts. 'Starting to get the hang of this deal making thing I think. Hopefully CJ can deliver. Speaking of, let's see if I can deliver on this computer.' He grabs the electronics kit and the computer repair kit from the box. He pulls on some static free gloves and grounds himself to the workbench before pulling components out of the box and laying them out in an orderly fashion. He grabs the case first, makes sure he can place the motherboard in it securely and then grabs the shock absorbing mounts for the motherboard and the ballistic foam to encase the bottom and sides of casing. These would be necessary for making it field op safe. He also grabs the standard output and input ports and begins mounting them to the casing, cutting away bits of the case to make them fit, sanding at them with one of the files to make the holes uniform and smooth. He also grabs the film that acts as a EMP barrier hardening the computer to military grade. He finishes securing everything with the anti-ballistic foam, trimming to make the fit perfect. All of that done, Ryden begins installing the motherboard and components. He then buttons it up and attaches the external monitors to begin the programming process. The OS install goes quickly, as does the VR interface. The final thing he does for the day is load the cyberjacking design software. By the end of that round of tasks, he secures the computer, closing it up. As Ryden looks over the computer for one final check, he smiles placing it in CJ's locker with a small smile. 'That should make Fang happy. Not my rig, but good enough when combined with his abilities.' He includes a control extension cable that includes output and input on the same cable. That cable will allow him to interact with the computer easily. He can just jam the cable in his body to merge with it. Satisfied, with the result, he says allowed, "Yep, C.J., will like that."

Day 1
General Repair/Maintenance 60%/1d100 = 13 - to Modify Case for the computer, including adding ballistic foam for protection PASS!
Military: Electronic Warfare 75/70%/1d100 = 51 - To install anti-EMP layer of material PASS!
Electrical Engineer 65% or Computer Repair 50%/1d100 = 19 - to install electronics into case PASS!
Computer Programming 105%/1d100 = 53 - To program the computer for normal operations PASS!
Computer Programming 105%/1d100 = 82 - To program the computer for VR PASS!
Computer Programming 105%/1d100 = 66 - To add cyberjacking construction software PASS!

The next morning, Ryden heads to [Medical].
Current Details

ImageImage

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:01 pm

Rolls Carried Forward

CJ shrugs from the Pilot's seat at Halko's question, "Don't think they'll have anything more than rumormill and grapevine. Then again these guys are acting as a distribution hub, so we may be able to find out if the Dauntless was alone or if other ships experienced power grab ... Not sure if that'd make me feel any better though. Still have some friends back on the Assegai and I just hope they came through safe. "

If/When they are cleared to Land/Dock, CJ glides the Osprey up to a smooth touchdown and heads out to find the Profit Margin's SUPPO (or whoever his manifest says he's supposed to pick up from). He'll knock out a friendly salute and pass off the Datapad with requisitions list, "Lt. Xanreys 1st SOG here to handle transfer on some equipment the Dauntless needs to get folks back in the field and working on refilling fleet bellies hehehe ..."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Captain Cardea » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:45 pm

Suspicious Minds

There is a long pause after Gil and Halko send the order info. While theynawait a reply a second destroyer docks alongside the transport. Finally a reply comes back from the civilian coms officer on the Profit Margin. Affirmative Dauntless shuttle, please use the aft airlock. You caught us mid-refit.

Once hooked in to the airlock the team sees two marine detachments on the other side of the airlock - fully armed and armored. "Fleet says Dauntless situation is still fluid, and you show up with orders generated only a micron ago. Confirm you have no spooks aboard and show convince me this is for real, cause it smells like crap."
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Postby Gilina » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 12
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 10 | 1d100 = 78

Current Conditions:

Charm/Impress -- 1d100 = 21 / 55%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100 = 9 / 45%
Military Etiquette -- 1d100 = 46 / 74%

Gilina looks at the officer on the other side, "You are right, this does smell like a bunch of crap. The fact of the matter is, we got orders and part of that is to get this hunk of junk combat worthy. Parts were supposed to be delivered, and we get the joy of picking them up so we can move out on our next mission."

She stares at the person, "But to prove we don't have any mind fracker's that's almost impossible to tell. They look like anybody. But if you want me to prove that, I can do something extraordinary..." Jill lifts herself up off the deck plate and floats.

"I'm 3rd Lieutenant Hassan of the 1st SOG. We came to get our crap. If you want us to wait in our ship while you load it up, fine. But we came here willing to pick it up, including carrying it back in our ship, because we know your time is valuable."
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:41 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 11
JiC D20: 1d20 = 17
JiC D100: 1d100 = 65

Military Etiquette [80%]: 1d100 = 27

Docked to the Aft airlock of the Profit Margin, CJ pulls on his Armor and steps over to pop open the airlock, "The Dauntless is not in flux, Captain Cardea is running the show on her ship ash she should be. Only 3 aboard. No psychics." CJ focuses and creates a force disc which he promptly takes a seat on, "Backlash over there has more passive powers, well except one that's kind of offensive. I guess Backlash, you mind if I blast ya so they can all see how badass you are? Kidding kidding ... do yer spitting thing big guy."

Assuming that the bunch of Marines don't open fire and kill them, Cairo pulls out the Datapad with requisitions list, "I am Lt. Xanreys 1st SOG here to handle transfer on some equipment the Dauntless needs to get folks back in the field and working on refilling Fleet bellies because I think we're all tired of Nutrient Paste ... Hey any of you guys know Bodean Marrowwrath? ... "
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Captain Cardea » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:23 pm

Food

The situation remains tense until CJ mentions food. At the idea of supporting a mission for fresh provisions the Marines and civilians become extremely helpful. The Profit Margin's deck master finds the appropriate gear, while the Captains of the two destroyers agree to delay their resupply for a few minutes to help expedite things. With some eager marines helping them the 1st SOG has their supplies loaded and ready for departure in record time.

Double checking the inventory confirms everything is in place, including Brennan's vaunted control module. The bridge clears the Orsprey for departure and the team is set to leave at their own pace.

"You are clear for departure, if you find any steaks remember us fondly."
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Postby Cairo » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:41 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 24
JiC D20: 1d20 = 1
JiC D100: 1d100 = 6

Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small [111% Merged]: 1d100 = 84
Military Etiquette [80%]: 1d100 = 75

Cairo hustles to help however he can. In parting, "Really appreciate the help all. We'll keep an eye out for Steaks ... and kick you guys up the list if we can." With that, CJ will head over, merge up, and guide the ship back towards the Dauntless where he signals with, "1st SOG returning on supply run on an Osprey Class Courier, SGW 1138. Ok to head for Hangar 2? Fleet Orders Indigo Sierra Bravo November 978-0-87431-025-2"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Gilina » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:47 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 18
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 15 | 1d100 = 37

Current Conditions:

Jill settles down as the conversation moves to being more cordial. I'm really glad Cairo was here, he knew what to say to these guys. She starts to help move crates and boxes using her super strength and flight. Thanking everyone that helped, saying things like: "I really appreciate your help on this. You don't even understand how important we need these parts. You all are amazing, keep up the good work." Her tone is very appreciative and honest.

After getting all the gear on board, she yells out to Cairo and Halko, "Allright boys, we are locked in and set. Let's get this bird back to the bay..."
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:26 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 60

Once cleared to dock, Halko moves back to the cargo and finds a nice patch of decking to place his butt on while he leans up again the bulkhead. Eyes closed he listen to the shuttle's thrusters maneuver the small ship into position, the claps engage and the hatches seal as the airlocks equalize. Knowing there isn't really anything for him to do until this is all done he thinks about Lt. Faux, She took one hell of a beating but she says she heals fast. I wonder just what her powers are... I hope this isn't just a heat of the moment thing. It'll suck if she hooks up with someone else while The 1st is shipped out. His random thoughts and worries about a love life end with the final hiss of the airlock and the comm crackling to life.

Once hooked in to the airlock the team sees two marine detachments on the other side of the airlock - fully armed and armored. "Fleet says Dauntless situation is still fluid, and you show up with orders generated only a micron ago. Confirm you have no spooks aboard and show convince me this is for real, cause it smells like crap."

Getting to his feet, Halko looks out the airlock and chuckles as the officers do the talking. When Fang asks him to show off his powers, Halko starts to take off his helmet and says, "Yeah, you could shoot me in the head, but that'd be a waste of ammo. The goo thing is just so nasty and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Something like a cross between gumdrops and rotten shoe leather."

When Fang mentions food and the Marines back down, Halko smiles. An army run on its stomach After that he helps lift and carry as they all load up the shuttle. Then he thanks everyone and goes back to his patch of floor to ride out the short trip back to the Dauntless.

On the return flight, Halko says to Gilina, "So how do you like the 1st SOG so far? We're a pretty tight group. You'll see that once we ship out. We'll get you a call sign all worked out too." He grins at Gillina, "I've been toying with the idea of Ball Breaker. I saw what you did to Niall," He lowers his voice just a shade, "even though I was suffering from the Spooks as well."

Once back on the Dauntless, Halko pops the hatch and starts unloading the supplies. Stacking them neatly just outside the airlock so they can be inventoried and redistributed throughout the ship.
Current Details

Current Gear:

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Gilina » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:22 pm

((rolls carried over))

Halko wrote:On the return flight, Halko says to Gilina, "So how do you like the 1st SOG so far? We're a pretty tight group. You'll see that once we ship out. We'll get you a call sign all worked out too." He grins at Gillina, "I've been toying with the idea of Ball Breaker. I saw what you did to Niall," He lowers his voice just a shade, "even though I was suffering from the Spooks as well."

"How do I like the 1st SOG?" she let's that question settle for a minute as she formulates a response. "To be honest, I am not sure what to make of it. I have heard rumors while I was in training that SOG groups were where people wanted to be. I personally feel like my skills would be best used designing a new ship." She waits to see what kind of response Halko makes before going on. "I had dreams of designing and building a new class of star liners. But watching the planet implode... that changed everything."

"Call sign? I am not sure Niall would appreciate that." She trails off in thought for a moment. Even though it might prevent him from trying to kill me again... Maybe...

"I personally haven't thought of a call sign. What are the best qualities of one?" she asks innocently. "Short, long, based on animals. Actions or personality quirks? What skills they have or don't?"
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Sun May 01, 2016 7:32 am

Rolls Carried Forward

Cairo wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 24
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 1 .
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 6

From the Pilot's seat, CJ responds idly, "The Special Operating Groups are the one's primarily responsible for getting things done outside the Fleet. Designing a ship is all well and good but we don't really have any Shipyards anymore do we? ... Maybe someday we can get the resources together to have ships based purely on Arismal built, but it's a bit down the list on our collective things-to-do. For now though design away, we usually end up with some pretty decent chunks of time. Alternatively maybe keep an eye out for ships that you thing will or could serve us well with minor modification ... Otherwise you'd just be back in Fleet hoping the SOGs bring back the stuff you hope would help with your brainchild projects hehehe ... "
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun May 01, 2016 9:28 am

Day 46

The members of the 1st SOG wearily wake up, go through their morning routines, and gather the last bits of their personal gear for the mission at hand. They arrive at the foot of the Eclipse to find Nibiru waiting for them. He shakes each of their hands in turn, and wishes them godspeed and a safe, profitable return. He musters them all into a quick huddle to tell them one last thing.

"The fleet may relocate while you're abroad. When you're ready to return, use gravcomms to contact us in real-time--yes, this will be expensive--and get our coordinates. Do not waste time once you have received our reply. You'll likely have only a few hours before the Captains decide to leave for the safety of the fleet...such transmissions can be intercepted, after all." He snaps everyone a crisp salute, and departs.

Assembling on-board the Eclipse as soon as they're done, the crew go through their pre-flight checks and securing the last of their gear. Signaling the hangar deck crew, the hangar suddenly scrambles with people donning their helmets and getting to their stations. The nose of the Eclipse swings around as the hangar bay crew maneuver it into launch position. Moments later, the massive launch bay doors separate, the STL drives are engaged, and the special operations group coaxes the hundred-ton spacecraft from the hangar bay and into deep space beyond the gravimetric fluctuations caused by some of the massive ships of the A.D.F. fleet.

GM NOTES: You are all now outside of the fleet, and no further interactions on the Dauntless are authorized. Everyone continue posting here.

EVERYONE MAKE SURE YOUR GEAR SHEETS ARE UP TO DATE. (Anything not accurately allocated will either be left behind on the Dauntless, or simply lost. This is your last opportunity to do so.)

Pilot: Provide the appropriate piloting skill rolls.
Co-Pilot: Assist the Pilot & EWO
EWO: Plot the course to the nebula designated by command
Engineers: Provide Spacecraft Mechanics and performance roll for Jump Drive.
Gunners: Do as you will! 8)

Rosseyn, you're in charge, so please denote everyone's positions in the following:

Osprey Crew Stations
:arrow: Pilot:
:arrow: Co-Pilot:
:arrow: EWO:
:arrow: Engineering:
:arrow: Gunnery:
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:47 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 50, 0800

Lance Corporal Corrigon Malath finds himself sitting in the cockpit of a Shrike. He's been assigned the dreary duty this shift of maintaining the alert-20 watch. Alert watch was typically a dull matter of being ready to launch at a moment's notice in case there was a threat or if something needed investigation in local space. When assignments were handed out at 0700 each morning, the alert status (a number following "alert" which indicated the length of time in minutes the pilot had to launch) positions required for the day would be handed out in addition to any escort, transfer, or other flights scheduled or required that day. He'd been transferred, TAD (Temporarily Assigned Duty) to VMFA-21 (The Wildcards) a few days back after the coup had been put down and the fleet's situation went from desperate chaos to simply desperate. One of VMFA-21's pilots had been transferred to a new special operations group, and they had needed a new body. He got the sneaking suspicion that these TAD orders were unlikely to be so temporary. Staring at the bitter cup of synthetic caff in one hand and the data pad with his dull itinerary for the next few days in his other, he's not sure which he dreads more. Looking up he takes in the vista from his spot in Hangar Bay 2.
The Invincible was in position abreast the port side of the Dauntless. On occasion, an Albatross Class Shuttle would sweep through his field of vision from the hangar bay, no doubt on some routine delivery of goods or transfer of personnel. His mind wanders a bit as his eyes glaze over at the list of various alert and ready status duty shifts he had to look forward to in the coming days. VFA-141 was conducting operations in the Hesperos System some light years away acquiring water. The whereabouts of the first SOG (The First In) were unknown outside their chain of command. Scuttlebutt had it that the second SOG (The High-Rollers) were conducting operations in the Chandrakant system along with half the fleet's Liberty Class Transports. Word had it that they were on some sort of big hunt and would be bringing back actual food to the fleet. Not the synthetic bio-nutrient paste they'd been subsisting on for what seemed like forever now, but actual food. Corrigon's mind wanders further as he daydreams about being on safari in some alien jungle and actually making a difference. Rumor had it that the first SOG had identified more than food in the Chandrakant system. Rumors, the only thing known to intelligent species that moved faster than light, abounded regarding their discoveries there. Speculation ran the gamut from ancient ruins of a lost civilization, to friendly alien humanoids offering the Arismal a continent to colonize, to the burned out husk of an irradiated world whose people had self-destructed in a nuclear holocaust, to an Atorian ship the size of a small moon. Each rumor was delivered with everything from hopeful skepticism to dreaded certainty. The morale of the fleet was reflected in the tone of its scuttlebutt.

He feels a tap on one of his feet he has dangling over the side of the Shrike's canopy. A guy in a special uniform with brown piping pokes his cranial into view. The two half moons on his lapel identify him as a corporal. "Message from the handler: he says to keep an eye on your datapad for new orders. Something came down from the brass."

Augur
Admin

Postby Corrigon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:57 am

Perception 38% 1d100 = 92
JIC 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 51

Back on the flight deck and bored senseless already. Having spent the past few weeks helping the civvies on the Profit Margin, it was nice to be back onboard the Dauntless. However, being transferred to VMFA-21 on TAD meant he was the new guy, bottom of the totem pole and assigned to maintaining the Alert-20 watch. Smartest man in the Fleet and assigned to this duty. Guess I should not have beat so many of them at cards last night.

With synthetic caff in hand and sat atop the shrike fighter assigned to him, he sighs and hopes the scuttlebutt about actual food was true. He wasn't sure how much longer he could stand the bio-nutrient paste. Whatever the 1st SOG had found, hopefully it will match up to the rumours. The fleet could do with some hope after recent events. He knew he could. Placing down his datapad on the nose of the Shrike, he reaches inside his flight uniform, to pull out his locket. Clicking it open, he stares at the pictures of his elder siblings, missing since the destruction of their homeworld. He knew they were alive out there somewhere. That knowledge kept him going.

Augur wrote:He feels a tap on one of his feet he has dangling over the side of the Shrike's canopy. A guy in a special uniform with brown piping pokes his cranial into view. The two half moons on his lapel identify him as a corporal. "Message from the handler: he says to keep an eye on your datapad for new orders. Something came down from the brass."

Hurriedly, he puts the locket back inside his uniform and acknowledges the plane captain. "Understood," he replies, picking his datapad back up, "any idea what it is?" He feels excitement building up; hopefully this would be an assignment worthy of his talents.
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
S.D.C. by Location:
Corrigon

Postby Augur » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:11 pm

The plane captain just shrugs. "Can't say as I do, mate. Something to break the routine at least, eh?" He climbs down from the step ladder beside the shrike's open canopy and disappears from view.

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 50, 0815

Fifteen minutes later, a light ping sounds from Corrigan's datapad. A routine intraship text message from the handler himself.

You've been directed to this space for a briefing with LCDR Akeno. Briefing to begin at 1200. I'm having PVT Aldrecht fill in for you until your return. He should be relieving you shortly.
Augur
Admin

Postby Corrigon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:28 pm

Perception 38% 1d100 = 75
JIC 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 2

Augur wrote:The plane captain just shrugs. "Can't say as I do, mate. Something to break the routine at least, eh?" He climbs down from the step ladder beside the shrike's open canopy and disappears from view.

"Hopefully so," Corrigon grins at the Plane Captain. Damn right, routine is boring. Give me some action Corrigon had spent enough time on administrative duties and routine assignments, he was ready for something interesting. Hopefully this will be a juicy assignment. He drums his fingers on the back on the datapad whilst he waits. If they don't hurry up, I may have to resort to finding ways to make the Alert assignment more efficient. A sign of how boring this is.

Augur wrote:Conditions:
Local Time: Day 50, 0815
Fifteen minutes later, a light ping sounds from Corrigan's datapad. A routine intraship text message from the handler himself.

You've been directed to this space for a briefing with LCDR Akeno. Briefing to begin at 1200. I'm having PVT Aldrecht fill in for you until your return. He should be relieving you shortly.

Wait a second, that's the 1st SOG's ready room Corrigon raises an eyebrow in surprise and then a broad grin breaks out over his face. This should be interesting.

He sits in the cockpit waiting for PVT Aldrecht to relieve him, sticking his tall, lanky frame out of the cockpit, so he can see the person coming to relieve him. He reaches inside his flight suit and taps the locket for luck. This sort of assignment brings me one step closer to finding you two.

S.D.C. by Location:
Corrigon

Postby Augur » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:14 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 50, 0830

Private First Class, Sogan "Wingnut" Aldrecht saunters into the hangar bay lazily. His lanky frame and unkempt black hair convey the general lack of urgency with which he's approaching his relief assignment. He flicks some stray black locks out of his eyes as he approaches the Shrike. "So, I guess this is only a moderately more boring way to slowly starve to death than playing cards in the berthing." His words are only a slight exaggeration. Doc Links certainly has made it a point to threaten force-feedings if crew members don't consume their allotted nutrient paste rations. The knowledge that it provides some calories and all the required macro-nutrients to sustain life is little comfort to the tightening belts and growling stomachs of the crew. Wingnut was always a slender guy with a slight frame, and sharp facial features. His face now nearly looks gaunt, however. On the plus side, some of the more meaty female crew have begun to exhibit more model-like frames. Alfredo "Joker" Hemor has even suggested that now is the time for the gangly look once popular among the rich and famous of Arismal society to be chic once again. "You're relieved, Malath. Hope that seat's warm for my nap."
Augur
Admin

Postby Corrigon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:26 pm

Perception 38%1d100 = 65
JIC 1d100 = 43 1d20 = 7

Corrigon jumps down off the Shrike, landing in front of 'Wingnut'. Much like his squadron mate, he had lost a lot of weight and was tall at 6' 4", but his weight had dropped to 150lbs, leaving him looking similarly gaunt, if not also looking somewhat hungry as well. Despite that, Corrigon still looks positively handsome and since his arrival back on the Dauntless, has turned many heads, male and female, as he passes, not to mention a few propositions already.

He gives 'Wingnut' a mischievous grin, as he deposits his locket back inside his flight suit.

"I am relieved." he responds to the Private, "enjoy. I'll be back to take all your chips at cards I'm sure very soon"

Walking away from the Shrike with a skip in his heels, Corrigon muses where to go next.
Well, its only 0830 and I'm not wanted until 1200. Best to find where I need to be, then head to Requisitions. If I'm meeting with LCDR Akeno, Scuttlebutt is that is related to the 1st SOG and anything involving them could get pretty interesting. Best to lay on a few supplies, maybe see if the quartermaster has or knows where to pick up some hooch from one of the no doubt well established stills onboard.

OOC Comments
Link to requistions will follow when written.

S.D.C. by Location:
Corrigon

Postby Augur » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:38 am

Since Corrigon is departing this location, post reply to the Armory when ready.
Augur
Admin

Postby Cairo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:23 am

OOC: CJ originally got his PA submitted for upgrade here. He also did several shifts of assist work with the Techs.

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 38 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 42

Cairo glides into the Hangar to check on his Power Armor, *Brainiac has his Duskhound, I think I'm going to call this modification styling a Direwolf, or Hellhound.* If his PA is back with the First SOG's gear, CJ will pull out his PA and suit-up to get a feel for how it moves and how the Tech upgrades have been integrated, Machine-Merging to the suit so he can get a good feel for its capabilities, even going so far as to do a bit of Dancing [Dance 80%] to make sure it responds smoothly. Once that is completed, he will put the PA away then go looking for Crew Chief Brennan who he had previously dealt with, "You and your crew did a spectacular job on my PA, and I wanted to tell you Thanks. Things going alright around here? Anything you could use an extra hand with? I'm no Tech but I am a pretty decent amateur and not bad with directions."

=====

If his PA is not back with the First SOG gear, Cairo will cast about looking for Crew Chief Brennan who he had previously dealt with whom he offers a friendly nod in greeting, "Hi there, I came by last week about some alterations on a Wardog before we shipped outta here in the Eclipse? ... We did the Grymdin run. I thought I would check in, and see how it was coming, or if there was anything I could help with ... Better than sitting around my bunk waiting for my CO to decide the berth needs cleaning hehehe."

CJ's Relevant Semi-Useful Skills wrote: Field Armorer 105%, Basic Mechanics 100%, General Repair and Maintenance 100%, Basic Electronics 100%, Weapon Systems 105%, Read Sensory Equipment 95%, Salvage 85%

If the Techs put Cairo on something, mindful of the Nurse's directions to 'take it easy' for 24 hours, he will refrain from lifting anything over 2,000lbs (1/6th his Max) but otherwise try to help for a couple hours, though he will try to plan to get back to the First SOG Berthing by 1700 (to give himself an hour to shower and get over for ceremony in time).
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:14 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 54, 1300

The crew chief beams when he sees Cairo. "Lieutenant, you're finally back! We've been chomping at the bit to show off our work." He walks Cairo over to a drape-covered hulking figure, then pulls the drape away to reveal Cairo's upgraded War Dog.

"We were unable to increase myomer density in the suit's limbs. The chassis simply isn't designed with a great deal of expansion in mind along those lines. Installing a pair of forearm vibro-blades in each arm necessitated reducing the ammo capacity of the rail guns by eighty percent to permit the power couplings, retraction mechanisms, and weapon housings themselves. We used four, spare officer's vibro-swords as the basis for the design, so while they may not be 'cool' looking, the familiar and reliable models should prove highly effective. We worked hard to integrate the marine suit's armor, but were only marginally successful as the chassis simply isn't built with such a carrying capacity in mind and, additionally, adding more than we were able would have severely impacted range of motion. Nevertheless, we were able to increase protection by about twenty percent. Replacing the heavy beam cannons with marine tri-beams was a cake walk, and a technical pleasure for us professionally. We were quite pleased with the results, and know you will be as well."

Cairo's A.D.F. Hellhound Power Armor is now posted in reply to Cairo's character sheet.
Augur
Admin

Postby Cairo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:50 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 42 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: 1d100 = 90

Cairo watches the tarp whip away and is drawn to keenly examine the Hellhound in minute detail "Wow ... frakkin wow! Look at that ..."

Crew Chief Brennan wrote:The crew chief beams when he sees Cairo. "Lieutenant, you're finally back! We've been chomping at the bit to show off our work." He walks Cairo over to a drape-covered hulking figure, then pulls the drape away to reveal Cairo's upgraded War Dog. "We were unable to increase myomer density in the suit's limbs. The chassis simply isn't designed with a great deal of expansion in mind along those lines. Installing a pair of forearm vibro-blades in each arm necessitated reducing the ammo capacity of the rail guns by eighty percent to permit the power couplings, retraction mechanisms, and weapon housings themselves. We used four, spare officer's vibro-swords as the basis for the design, so while they may not be 'cool' looking, the familiar and reliable models should prove highly effective. We worked hard to integrate the marine suit's armor, but were only marginally successful as the chassis simply isn't built with such a carrying capacity in mind and, additionally, adding more than we were able would have severely impacted range of motion. Nevertheless, we were able to increase protection by about twenty percent. Replacing the heavy beam cannons with marine tri-beams was a cake walk, and a technical pleasure for us professionally. We were quite pleased with the results, and know you will be as well."

Xanreys' eyes are 6-inches off the left Gauntlet when the bit about the rail gun ammunition comes up and a pit sinks in his stomach as he tries to maintain an enthusiastic smile so he can look back towards the techies, *Crap crap crap crap crap, are you kidding me?! 80%??!?!? ... That means I have enough to cycle the cannons on an Alpha-Strike uhm-uhhhh 20 times, which works out to less than 30 seconds of a heavy firefight and I am going to lose 1/2 my punch. The armor Plating is certainly thicker, but now I will have to get up close and melee toe-to-toe. Lords of Cojo, this was designed for an Arena, not a battlefield. But I am sure they have put a crap-ton of work into it while we've been gone. Something productive to do, well in their minds, so I sure as hell am going to make a show of loving it.* CJ reaches one hand out to caress the newly installed Marine-Lasers and whistles appreciatively, "You gentlemen have done wonders. I ummm ... seem to have picked up a bit of bulk, so the Myomer bundle things won't really be missed. I was thinking Hell-Hound as a classification, what do you guys think? It has some bigger teeth than a Wardog don't-ya-think?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 54, 1315

The crew chief smiles. "Well, I don't know if its got any more punch than a standard model, but it's definitely a bit more tactically flexible. Anyway, glad you like the work, sir. Boys and I have a Shrike to overhaul, so we'll catch you later!" The crew chief then barks at his crew. "Quit malingering and basking in self-adulation, you apes! Get to work! Gotta earn those extra rations, y'hear?!" The crew chief follows them like a pack leader, "encouraging" them as they cross the expansive deck to a Shrike parked on the other side of the hangar.
Augur
Admin

Postby Cairo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:51 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 71 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: 1d100 = 100

As the deck-crew/engineers hustle back to work, Cairo nods his thanks and suits up in the Hellhound so he can check its settings as he walks it over to the First SOG gear-storage. The PA Pilot runs a diagnostic then begins setting up fire-linking sub-routines, *I had both railuns and beam lasers set up as an Alpha-Strike routine before, but that was only good for 1/2 the time because they heavy beams took longer to charge [2 APM], with these Marine Tri-Beams, I can fire faster, but am going to burn out of slugs fast. Like hellishly fast. So let's see this first one will be for all 4 weapons on synchronized targetting ... then I guess a second that is just the Lasers.*

Computer Programming [95%]: 1d100 = 31, 1d100 = 59
Weapon Systems [105%]: 1d100 = 22, 1d100 = 83
  • 2 Railguns + 2 Tri-Lasers
  • 2 Tri-Lasers

Once completed, CJ will exit his armor, stowing it carefully and head back to the [[ 1st SOG Berthing ]]
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to A.D.F.S. Dauntless