Bloodsport Hippodrome

The galaxy parties in Hykri! Whether to visit the fleshpots of the district, enjoy better living through chemistry, or to hook up with your peers for a night out on the town, the Hykri has what you're looking for!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:34 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2006.5
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are brilliantly lit (approximately 120 watts)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 10+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.
Crate Rolls: 1d6 from this point forward.

While Cairo vocalizes his disgust and conjures up another force disc, Halko mutters "Fsheeme" as he dashes eastward and past the G'Aric's ascending form. As he does so, Giga dashes out from the southern intersection to over a hundred feet eastward of his own position. Fsheeme follows suit, leaping at the last second to avoid the pair of sticky globs that cover small patches of the ground at the intersection. Giga's eyes take in Cairo, Halko, and Fsheeme all of a sudden and get a trapped, cornered look as her mind is obviously just as capable of rapid action as her body. "Gonna give it all to the men, eh, Fsheeme? Those two have our number, you know."

Cairo, beneath his own force disc, suddenly realizes that the energy disc doesn't cast enough shadow, being composed of force energy, to suit his needs. A mix of pain from the burning acid and his exasperation quickly follows this realization in the form of an audible grunt. "I guess this is why we can't have nice things..." he begins to say. Giga closes the distance between herself and the Arismal with lightning rapidity. Dashing past Fsheeme and Halko to deliver a devastating blow to Cairo's midsection with a ululating battle-cry. Fsheeme pivots west and fires. Cairo's caught by a burst of rounds and another stunning sonic blast. Despite his proximity, if it wasn't for the barking of the carbine held by Fsheeme, Halko might not have noticed the attack so intent is he on snaring Giga. He whips his head toward her as she speeds past him and, after she's landed her blow and is still for a split second, spits a sticky glob at her feet. The gelatinous black mass ensnares both of the Atorian's feet, and she suddenly calls out in pain and surprise as she face-plants in a sudden attempt to run.

Giga looks up to see the battered, rancid-smelling, and acid-covered Cairo recovering his feet once again, takes in her own pinned feet, and calls out loudly in Pilian toward the ceiling, "I yield, damnit!" She slumps to the ground of the arena, clearly irritated but more dejected that she's lost.

GM note: I'm stopping it there, guys, as neither of you anticipated (anymore than myself) where this would lead. Giga's out of the match, and just waiting for the glob to dissipate so she can be evacuated.

There-Can-Be-Only-One.jpg


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -3 H.P.; Butylmercaptan: -10 to Strike Parry, & Dodge, loses initiative, eyes water, nose burns (3 more melees)
Cairo: -65 H.P., -858 S.D.C.; Toxin: -1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed and -5 H.P. per melee affected (56 melees); Stunned: -6 on initiative, and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge (9 melees); Acid: -8D6 S.D.C. for 2 more melees; Butylmercaptan: -10 to Strike Parry, & Dodge, loses initiative, eyes water, nose burns (3 more melees); Bleeding profusely: -1 H.P. per melee


GM NOTE:
  • Under bright lights, the shadow cloak may look menacing, but the super being stands out against the illuminated local background, actually making it easier to see him (no Prowl bonus and -20% on the Prowl skill, and no penalties to strike, parry or dodge).
  • You are encouraged to reference your memory (previous GM posts/maps) in order to estimate your location.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3581
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:05 pm

OOC: Prior Crit Perception Roll means CJ already saw a path through the room to the South.

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 45
JiC D20: 1d20 = 8
JiC D100: 1d100 = 60

Cairo shifts the blade in 1 hand as he steps aboard his disc and launches forward down the hallway at Fsheeme. As he approaches, the Pilot pulls his flash grenade, and tosses it as he cuts hard to the South (into the room where the big melee happened) instead of crashing into her.

Once he has made his turn, CJ will hug the East wall (including cutting/turning in that direction as soon as he can to cut off Line-of-Sight for the woman behind him). If she comes around the corner after him, the Arismal will play Jujak and keep moving, darting in an uneven pattern as best he can to break up aim. Nanite Goggles would be nice about now, but Halko's energy absorption probably works fine on a damn flash grenade. Need a weapon, and some frakking breathing room ... I wonder if ... He cuts East around the first Corner to take cover, and pauses to take stock (look around for weapons and see if perhaps, he can turn this location to advantage by shutting down some lights. If possible, he lobs a Force Disc up to try and knock a light out of commission.

CJ will Parry anything he can, or auto-dodges any other attacks that come his way.

Contingency 1: If Fsheeme jumps at the Disc (to intercept) or it is otherwise feasible, Cairo will lob his Vibro-Knife at the Sonic Rifle as a simultaneous Strike [EP Strike for a simultaneous attack, (2d6+35)*2 = 86 damage]

Contingency 2: If the lights CAN be broken and there aren't too many (i.e. if several Sprays/Bursts will darken the room), then CJ will fire a Long Spray up at the Lights to knock some out. 1d20 = 15 to hit 2d6 = 4 damage to 1d8 = 2 targets (10 rounds)

APM (7-1-1): 5
Initiative (+4-9): 1d20-5 = 15

1) Move @ ~60mph (60 MPH = 4 Squares/Sec, 5 actions =~3 Seconds = 12 Squares/action) / Toss Grenade @ Fsheeme 1d20-5 = 15 to Strike
2) Move --- Navigation 125%: 1d100 = 90
3) Look around & pick up Staff
4) Lob Force Discus UP at a light in the ceiling to see if it can be broken 1d20-5 = 12 to Strike, 5d6+6 = 26 damage
5) Book it South out of the room, then East back towards the Platform Room (unless, See Contingency 2)

Parries (+13-14) (IF he picks up the Staff or another Blunt weapon, +4): 1d20-1 = 4, 1d20-1 = 16, 1d20-1 = 2, 1d20-1 = 11, 1d20-1 = 17, 1d20-1 = 15

Autododges (+9-14): 1d20-5 = 1, 1d20-5 = -4, 1d20-5 = -3, 1d20-5 = 2, 1d20-5 = 1, 1d20-5 = -2, 1d20-5 = 0, 1d20 = 1, 1d20-5 = -4, 1d20-5 = 3, 1d20-5 = 7

Conditions:
[Unarmored/Natural AR 12]
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr)
Breathes without Air
Toxin [-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (56 melees)]
Stunned [-6 on initiative, and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge (9 melees)]
Acid (-8D6 S.D.C. for 2 more melees)
Butylmercaptan: -10 to Strike Parry, & Dodge, loses initiative, eyes water, nose burns (3 more melees)
Bleeding profusely: -1 H.P. per melee
**Shadow Cloak [((IF IT EVER GETS DARK --- ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ)), ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks],
Force Disc
H.P.: 187/247
S.D.C.: 492/1350

===========

Machine Pistol
Image
• • Range: 245'
• RoF & Damage:
• • Single Shot: 2D6
• • Short Burst: 4D6 (5 rounds)
• • Long Burst: 1D6x10 (10 rounds)
• • Short Spray: 2D6 to 1D4 targets (5 rounds)
• • Long Spray: 2D6 to 1D8 targets (10 rounds)
• • Empty Burst: 2D6x10 (30 rounds fired, all A.P.M.)
• • Empty Spray: 4D6 to 2D8 targets (30 rounds fired, all A.P.M.)
• • Payload: 100 round helical magazine
Last edited by Cairo on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3rd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Cover-ID: Noran Altec

Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:14 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 77, 1d100 = 37, 1d100 = 40, 1d100 = 12, 1d100 = 94, 1d100 = 34, 1d100 = 39
JIC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 50
Attacks: 7
Init: loses initiative 1d20+2 = 9 just because

Knowing Cairo looks as bad as he smells and as bad as he, himself looks, Halko drops the morning star and turns to Fsheeme. As he starts advancing on her, Halko raises his stunner and shouts through his plague of coughing brought on by the nasty chemical spray, "Get cleaned up Noran. cough cough Its just her and me now. cough cough You can take the winner. cough cough" As he squints at Fsheeme down the corridor, he starts firing the stunner. Frak, I can't see for drek, good thing this is more of a stalling tactic.

Halko continues to close in on Fsheeme's position as he fires off the stunner. With the water streaming from his eyes, he knows his chances of hitting her are low but he really just wants to slow her down and let Cairo fall back. If I somehow manage to take Fsheeme out then it'll be my turn to find Cairo and take a dive. Frak, I'm done with this place and its gods be damned spear traps.

If Fsheeme knocks his hit points down another 20 points, Halko will drop to the ground and say, "Frak this! I yield!" Other wise he keeps moving towards her as he fires the stunner.

1. move and talk
2. move and stunner strike 1d20-10 = -8
3. move and stunner strike 1d20-10 = -9
4. move and stunner strike 1d20-10 = 6
5. move and stunner strike 1d20-10 = -2
6. move and stunner strike 1d20-10 = 10 (Nat 20)
7. move and stunner strike 1d20-10 = 8

If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20+7 = 18, 1d20+7 = 10, 1d20+7 = 25, 1d20+7 = 16, 1d20+7 = 27, 1d20+7 = 12
Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:14 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2006.5
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney

ARENA CONDITIONS:
  • Illumination: the passages of the labyrinth are brilliantly lit (approximately 120 watts)
  • One map square is 20'
  • The walls and ceiling are covered in predatory, toxic vines and mechanical traps of various sorts.
  • A perception roll is required for every square traversed to even have the chance of avoiding environmental dangers.
  • A perception roll of 10+ is required to spot attacking vines or traps. Vines and traps may be parried or dodged if the attacks are perceived.
Crate Rolls: 1d6 from this point forward.

Fsheeme quips as she blasts Cairo with the carbine and Halko with the stunner rifle in her other-hand. "Had to come down to this, Torren. Nothing personal. Just business." Cairo launches forward while throwing the flash-bang. Fsheeme's reaction time is demonstrably insane as she kicks the grenade back toward Cairo without missing a beat. The grenade, however, lands and flashes where Cairo was when he launched it, but he's in motion. It flashes some distance just behind Halko, affecting nobody. Halko drops the morning star and advances on Fsheeme. Raising his stunner pistol, he shouts through his coughing. "Get cleaned up, Noran. Its just her and me now. You can take the winner." Fsheeme blasts Cairo with another burst from the carbine at close range as he pivots south to escape. She smiles beautifully at Halko as her next stunner blast goes a bit wide. "Yeah, don't think I'm gonna fight fair with you, friend. I saw what G'Aric did to you, or rather what he failed to do." Cairo grunts with the pain from yet another burst of rounds in his side. He responds with uncanny accuracy by skewering the stunner rifle in Fsheeme's hand. She curses as she pursues Cairo, letting the skewered rifle drop to the ground, but not before yanking free the vibro-knife. She dashes quickly as she can after the guy surfing at speed away from her, hugging the east wall and using jutting spear-tips and thick vines as steps to effectively scale the wall on foot. Halko tries to blast her with his stunner pistol, but he can barely see her through the tears and mucus clouding his vision. A final burst wings Cairo just before he scoops up the staff dropped by Phallou, rounds a corner, and heads east. A curse goes up from the southern end of the room behind him. "Drek!" shouts a female voice, full of frustration. Fsheeme wheels on Halko, brandishing the assault rifle and the vibro-knife. "Your partner left you hanging, Torren." She cocks her head to one side from twenty feet up the wall. "You look rotten," she says in Pilian with a sincere tone of compassion. "So, what's it gonna be? The knife, or the gun? You gonna yield, or smarter yet, you going to help me submit your buddy?" She casually crouches against the terrible aim of his third attempted blast.

Halko.jpg
Cairo.jpg


What are your intentions?

GM NOTE: I cut this one short at action three for obvious narrative reasons.

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -3 H.P.; Butylmercaptan: -10 to Strike Parry, & Dodge, loses initiative, eyes water, nose burns (2 more melees); Stunned: -6 on initiative, and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge (3 melees)
Cairo: 176 H.P., 171 S.D.C. (remaining); Toxin: -1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed and -5 H.P. per melee affected (55 melees); Stunned: -6 on initiative, and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge (9 melees); Acid: -8D6 S.D.C. for 1 more melees; Butylmercaptan: -10 to Strike Parry, & Dodge, loses initiative, eyes water, nose burns (2 more melees); Bleeding profusely from multiple gunshot wounds: -4 H.P. per melee


GM NOTE:
  • Under bright lights, the shadow cloak may look menacing, but the super being stands out against the illuminated local background, actually making it easier to see him (no Prowl bonus and -20% on the Prowl skill, and no penalties to strike, parry or dodge).
  • You are encouraged to reference your memory (previous GM posts/maps) in order to estimate your location.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3581
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:19 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 16
JiC D20: 1d20 = 11
JiC D100: 1d100 = 50

Cairo heads North-East through the passage he locates. No longer being shot at every moment, the Arismal lobs force discs at lights as he goes hoping to dim the setting. If successful, CJ will create a Shadow Cloak, and tear off 1 pant-leg so he can rip/fashion strips for bandages (OOC basically I don't want him ripping off his pants on Galactic-camera). Gotta find a spot to try and make a stand ... If I can bring down the lights in an area, and maybe raise myself up out of a regular line. Put myself 40ft up in the shadows and I might be able to get a drop on her, Rifle or no ... and hell, from a self-set sniper's perch, I could use that Pistol while having the Disc provide protective cover.

If CJ finds himself in a dead end, pause to try and bring down the lights.

Contingency 1 -- If lights go down enough, make Shadow Cloak, then try to make bandages from his other sleeve (and maybe a pant leg from the knee down) and employ 1st Aid (55%: 1d100 = 20).

Contingency 2 -- If CJ encounters Chest, open it. 1d6 = 4

CJ will Parry anything he can, otherwise auto-dodge.

APM (7-1-1): 5
Initiative (+4-9): 1d20-5 = 2

1) Move NE @ ~30mph (30 MPH = 6 Squares/action) and Toss Force Disc @ ceiling light 1d20-4 = 10 strike, 5d6+5 = 23 damage.
2) Move and Toss Force Disc @ ceiling light 1d20-4 = 6 strike, 5d6+5 = 29 damage.
3) Move and Toss Force Disc @ ceiling light 1d20-4 = -2 strike, 5d6+5 = 27 damage.
4) Move and Toss Force Disc @ ceiling light 1d20-4 = 5 strike, 5d6+5 = 19 damage.
5) Move and Toss Force Disc @ ceiling light 1d20-4 = 6 strike, 5d6+5 = 24 damage.

Parries (+17-14) (With Staff): 1d20+3 = 18, 1d20+3 = 8, 1d20+3 = 12, 1d20+3 = 21
Disregard because 17-14= 3 not -3: 1d20-3 = 10, 1d20-3 = 2, 1d20-3 = 14, 1d20-3 = 17, 1d20-3 = 7

Autododges (+9-14): 1d20-5 = 14, 1d20-5 = -3, 1d20-5 = -3, 1d20-5 = 2, 1d20-5 = 13, 1d20-5 = 4

Conditions:
[Unarmored/Natural AR 12]
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr)
Breathes without Air
Toxin [-1 APM, -3 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry and dodge, -20% speed, and -5 H.P. per melee affected (55 melees)]
Stunned [-6 on initiative, and -3 to strike, parry, and dodge (9 melees)]
Acid (-8D6 S.D.C. for 1 more melees)
Butylmercaptan: -10 to Strike Parry, & Dodge, loses initiative, eyes water, nose burns (2 more melees)
Bleeding profusely: -1 H.P. per melee
**Shadow Cloak [((IF IT EVER GETS DARK --- ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ)), ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks],
Force Disc
H.P.: 176/247
S.D.C.: 171/1350

===========

Crate Items
Machine Pistol
Image
• Range: 245'
• RoF & Damage:
• • Single Shot: 2D6
• • Short Burst: 4D6 (5 rounds)
• • Long Burst: 1D6x10 (10 rounds)
• • Short Spray: 2D6 to 1D4 targets (5 rounds)
• • Long Spray: 2D6 to 1D8 targets (10 rounds)
• • Empty Burst: 2D6x10 (30 rounds fired, all A.P.M.)
• • Empty Spray: 4D6 to 2D8 targets (30 rounds fired, all A.P.M.)
• Payload: 100 round helical magazine


Modern Staff
Image
• Two-handed
• Damage: 2d6
3rd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Cover-ID: Noran Altec

Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:33 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 34, 1d100 = 92, 1d100 = 64, 1d100 = 27, 1d100 = 36, 1d100 = 38, 1d100 = 60
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 14
Attacks: 7
Init: loses initiative, 1d20-4 = 6 just because

Fsheeme wrote:"You look rotten,"....."So, what's it gonna be? The knife, or the gun? You gonna yield, or smarter yet, you going to help me submit your buddy?"


When Fsheeme rounds on him, Halko tries to focus his eyes on her, but the chemical G'Aric sprayed him with is horrid. He blinks rapidly trying to clear the crud out of his eyes. "Yeah, I feel like a pile of loose drek," Another round of coughs hit him and he spits a clump of mucus out on the floor, "but you know I can't turn on Noran." Halko assumes a combat stance, I gotta hold her as long as I can. Give Cairo as much time as I can to bounce back from those stunner blasts and this drek. Even though his vision is blurred and he knows he's not running at one hundred percent as he stands his ground, waiting for her to try the gun.

Halko grins stupidly through the rapid blinks and coughing fits as he waits for Fsheeme come at him. Wait, did she say knife!!??!! He feels something click in the center of his being but he holds it back as the warrior woman advances. When she is about twenty feet away, Halko resigns himself to a hand to hand fight and lets the knot slip from his chest....then he explodes! WHAT THE FRAK WAS THAT!


1. talk
2. hold or see action 5
3. hold or see action 5
4. hold or see action 5
5-7. explode self: Dmg: 4d6*10 = 160+45=205 at the center of the blast (10 foot/3.5 m radius), half that damage from shrapnel and explosive force to the remainder of the blast radius. Everything in the blast radius takes damage. (Reforms in 3d4 = 6 melee rounds)

If needed:
Parry / Dodge: 1d20-6 = 4, 1d20-6 = 11, 1d20-6 = 10, 1d20-6 = 14, 1d20-6 = 2, 1d20-6 = 5, 1d20-6 = 1
Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:34 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2010
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney


As Cairo seeks distance between himself and the others in order to give the worst of the nasty shit he's covered in time to wear off, Halko confronts Fsheeme. Neither seem to have any desire to harm the other, but both seem resigned to doing what's necessary to win. Halko confirms her assessment of his condition, "Yeah, I feel like a pile of loose drek."

She puts forward her last offer to the struggling Arismal, "So, what's it gonna be? The knife, or the gun? You gonna yield, or smarter yet, you going to help me submit your buddy?"

After coughing, he spits a clump of mucus out on the floor, "but you know I can't turn on Noran." She advances on him at a casual pace.

She shrugs. "It was worth asking anyway. You've been a trustworthy ally this far. I guess it's admirable that..." Her demeanor changes when she sees his eyes go wide. "It's not the gun, is it? It's the knife. Drek. Torren, you can never be competitive long-term with such a...clear vulnerability and no compensating...what the frak?!" Halko's skin begins to radiate a peculiar glow. She pauses in mid-step halfway to him, clearly alarmed. He explodes.

The concussive blast is seen on screens and holotanks all across Grymdin. The remotely spectating crowd gasps as one, then cheers uproariously at the novelty of the spectacle. Fsheeme's rendered unconscious, but not killed by the blast. The screens focus in on her prone, battered, yet still attractive features before cutting to an image of Cairo ripping up a pant leg to bandage his wounds. A claw descends from the overheads to retrieve Fsheeme. The lights go out for a second then a handful of spotlights blaze into life illuminating Cairo. He can suddenly hear the voice of the promoter and a few other people talking and fast and loud in Pilian, and behind their voices the roaring clamor of remotely cheering spectators being piped in from around Grymdin.

"Fans, we have the winner of our grand melee open qualification match! Noran Altec, you've made it!"

A voice in Cairo's head communicates with him. Don't bother bandaging yourself up, and don't resist the claw. We'll have you patched up and refreshed in no time. Time to put on a show for the viewers.

A minute or so later, Halko coalesces back into material existence where he was last standing...a second ago? The sounds of cheering thousands reverberate in his ears, and that promoter guy can be heard blabbing some nonsense in Pilian as well. It's all a bit much for his senses, and he still stinks, hurts all over, and...pukes up his last meal all over the ground near the altar.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -3 H.P.
Cairo: 106 H.P., 171 S.D.C. (remaining)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3581
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:50 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 42
JiC D20: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: 1d100 = 52

Augur wrote:... The screens focus in on her prone, battered, yet still attractive features before cutting to an image of Cairo ripping up a pant leg to bandage his wounds ...

OOC Comments
CJ Should be in a Shadow-Cloak because he was not going to start the bandaging thing until after he was covered.


The explosion echoes throughout the Arena, well larger than any prior 'explosive punch' that Halko had ever used before, and Cairo allows the staff he'd just retrieved to clatter to the floor as he summons up a Force Disc to head back towards his friend, "Torren??!! ... Torr---ren?? Where are you man??? ... "

Augur wrote:A voice in Cairo's head communicates with him. Don't bother bandaging yourself up, and don't resist the claw. We'll have you patched up and refreshed in no time. Time to put on a show for the viewers.


"Like Hell. You can show me the way out after I find my friend. Then I'll buy a couple rounds for all 3 of us ..." The Pilot glides back towards the big throw-down room looking for Torren, then back to where they dropped G'Aric to retrieve the dropped the Morning Star (Navigation [125%]: 1d100 = 64).

Morning Star
Image
• One-handed
• Damage: 2D10


Dodge [+15-4]: 1d20+11 = 31, 1d20+11 = 15, 1d20+11 = 13, 1d20+11 = 23 (if needed to evade stupid claw deal while looking for Halko)

Once Halko is locates, CJ will give him a hand up onto the Disc and follow any indicator/directions (or Claw) the hell out of this place. Once they get back to a locker room and their gear, CJputs on his VidComm Watch Deluxe (Range: typically around 2 miles, VHF 250mhz, includes satlink) and send off a message to Nova and the others:

Encrypted Message wrote:Arena Mission Complete. Going to spend a bit of time here to regenerate and take advantage of med-care.


Conditions:
[Unarmored/Natural AR 12]
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr) --
OOC Comments
Haven't been using this during the Match because it seemed like it would be easier, but I am going to apply it (+5)

Breathes without Air
**Shadow Cloak [((IF IT EVER GETS DARK --- ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ)), ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]
Force Disc
H.P.: 111/247
S.D.C.: 171/1350

===========

Crate Items
Machine Pistol
Image
• Range: 245'
• RoF & Damage:
• • Single Shot: 2D6
• • Short Burst: 4D6 (5 rounds)
• • Long Burst: 1D6x10 (10 rounds)
• • Short Spray: 2D6 to 1D4 targets (5 rounds)
• • Long Spray: 2D6 to 1D8 targets (10 rounds)
• • Empty Burst: 2D6x10 (30 rounds fired, all A.P.M.)
• • Empty Spray: 4D6 to 2D8 targets (30 rounds fired, all A.P.M.)
• Payload: 100 round helical magazine
3rd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Cover-ID: Noran Altec

Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:56 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 69
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 70


Coalescing was a strange experience. Slowly forming back into himself, Halko senses start to return to the lights are bright, the sounds are harsh and he still feels terrible. Looking around he sees what must be that mornings breakfast splattered on the ground next to him. He take a few tentative steps towards the alter and flops to the ground as his knees give out under him.

Sitting there, Halko rested his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands, "Well that was something. Wait, where's Fsheeme?"

Trying to remember just what happened there at the end of the fight, Halko doesn't resist whoever happens to find him there in the arena, whether its Cairo or the Claw, or some staff member.
Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Augur » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:50 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2015
Open Qualification Match: 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no weapons are permitted.
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney


Cairo drops the staff and summons a force disc as he vocally rebuffs the advice of the voice in his head. He hops on it and rides it back to the space with the altar. "Torren? Torren? Where are you, man?" Cairo calls out along the way in long, drawn-out syllables like a father desperately calling out for a lost child. He arrives in time to see a cloud of energy reform into Halko, who collapses near the altar.

Resting there, Halko rests his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. "Well that was something. Wait, where's Fsheeme?"

A TGE robot arrives on scene as Halko's posing his inquiry to Cairo. "Like all the combatants tonight, she is receiving medical attention, sir. Please, if you are able to depart under your own power, follow me out. A shower, some basic medical services, and a return of your property is in order." The feminine voice of the robot is not synthesized, but rather seems to be the voice of someone being piped out through the robot remotely.


Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2100
Qualification purse: 10,000 credits + entry into Tourney


The pair of Arismal receive vigorous showers which include a sequence of chemicals and scented waters. By the time they step out of the shower room, they're both washed clean of all the dirt and noxious chemicals from the battle. They're escorted naked, but for towels wrapped about their waists, to an adjoining medical ward where all the other combatants are being treated. Fsheeme spies Halko and her eyes go wide. "I thought you were dead!" she shouts in a clearly agitated Pilian. The medico attending her hits her with some form of spray, and her eyes sort of glaze over and her lips curl into a lazy smile. "It was really weird." She reclines again and let's the medico bandage her injuries.

Euger is already dressed and getting ready to depart. He points to Cairo. "That was some sucker-punch! Nearly broke my jaw with that blow. Next time, you won't get that opportunity. See you 'round the city." He departs from the medical ward beaten, but far from defeated.

All the others are being treated for their injuries, most of them relatively minor, but, taking a head-count, it's quickly apparent that the bed enclosed by curtains (inside which there's a whole crew of medicos), Phallou is receiving some serious medical attention.

Cairo and Halko both have their open wounds surgically laser-sutured by attending robots while each receive salves and wraps which after suturing protect each injury from infection and speed healing. (No more bleeding. Rate of Recovery: Halko recovers four H.P. per each following day until he has regained all of his original Hit Points; S.D.C. is restored at a rate of six per day. Cairo recovers 720 H.P. or S.D.C. per day.) Cairo is also injected with an anti-toxin which quickly nullifies the toxins in his system. (Cairo is no longer nauseous, suffering from vertigo, or wracked with pain.)

After receiving medical treatment, the two Arismal are escorted to a locker room where their property has been neatly arranged onto two separate tables with their names on small cards denoting the owner of the property. Cairo's individual credit card has now an additional ten thousand credits on it. There's also a small, hand-written note from the fight promoter addressed to Cairo which officially invites him to the tourney proper, the date of which is still to be determined.

GM NOTE: This is your last GM post reply to this thread. As usual, please include in your next posts the thread to which you're moving.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: -80 S.D.C., -1 H.P.
Cairo: 108 H.P., 171 S.D.C. (remaining)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3581
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:54 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 2
JiC D20: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: 1d100 = 30

Cairo offers Euger a level gaze in response, "Almost broken eh? Must have missed my mark. But next time, you may not have a Mechanical-claw to pull you away, and my shot wasn't cheap at all. You took the first shot at me twinkles." As they are getting ready to leave the aid station CJ will pause at Giga's bedside, "One of yours killed my father." Remorse or arrogance, it really does not matter what kind of response he gets, Cairo's face is a stone mask of fury as he turns and stalks out.

Once they have found their way to the locker room and their gear, CJ dresses, puts on his VidComm Watch Deluxe (Range: typically around 2 miles, VHF 250mhz, includes satlink) and send off a message to Nova and the others:

Encrypted Message wrote:Arena Mission Complete. Bet better have paid off. Will need a couple days to heal up.


No longer bleeding, he pulls his normal shirt back on and looks to Halko, "Shall we watch some more of the fights? Maybe check the concessions and see if they have something tasty? ... "


Conditions:
[Unarmored/Natural AR 12]
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr)
Breathes without Air
Force Disc
H.P.: 131/247
S.D.C.: 171/1350
3rd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Cover-ID: Noran Altec

Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:02 am

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 52
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 61

Halko stands and follows behind the robot as it comes to collect them and lead them off to get cleaned up. The shower is a welcome site, though the rigorousness and chemicals used to remove the midden heap stench G'Aric sprayed them with, sting and agitate the numerous cuts that Halko has from all the spear traps he ran into. You know, frak this. All my life I've been hesitant around blades because they're one of the few things that can hurt me. Frak, I can still drowned but I ain't afraid of water. And most every other person I know can be cut. No, frak this. When I get back to the fleet, I'm gonna track down a blade master and start training. No fear isn't going to control me...

Halkos thoughts trail off as he's guided into medical and he hears Fsheeme call out. Halko walk over to her and grins stupidly. He shrugs and says, "Sorry, I didn't know I could do that. I was just planning on tying you up for as long as I could and then I was gonna tap out. If it means anything, I don't think I'm even gonna do one of these fights again." He gives her a little smile and puts a hand on her head. "Rest up." I think I have and idea for a job for you. I just need to run it by the flock of LT's before we contact you. But being an agent for us on the station here might be a good thing for you and the Arismal.

After being tended to, Halko watches as Cairo trades jabs with Euger. When the other man starts over to Giga, Halko considers trying to steer him away but achy as he is, he's too slow to stop the other man. Remembering Doc Mila and that security chief Gyn delt with once upon a time, Halko muses to himself, They all didn't have a hand at what happened to us. The doc wasn't bad and that security woman was only interested in her one little station. It's not like their queen bee invites them all to planning sessions. And I seriously doubt some rando fighter on a station run by criminals was involved with what happened to us. Halko takes a deep sigh as he moves to join Cairo.

In the locker room, Halko gets his things and dresses. He looks over to Cairo as he considers saying something about the jibe at the Atorian, but shrugs it off. When Cairo finally speaks up, Halko shakes his head, "No, I'm done with this place." He makes a pained face as he twists and turns to check his maneuverability, "Lets go find the others and let them know I'm a demolition now."
Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:39 am

Cairo wrote:Perception [59%]: Original post: 1d100 = 2
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 30


CJ chuckles at Halko as he pulls his own boots tight, "We can't all take a ship's beam cannon and roll our eyes. I am fine to meet up with the others, but don't know if their meeting is over, or where they are. Once we hear further we can leave but for now, I wasn't sure where to head. With a few more bucks in our pockets, I wouldn't mind swinging past TGE again to pick up a couple things ... "

10k? Thats another ... 1,000 protein bars at full price, and it's possible they'd offer up a bit of a discount off from 5 credits/bar. That's technically what ... 3,000,000 calories? That's uhmmm ... Like starvation rations for 6,000 people for 1 day and that's worth taking a beating ... But I hope they got a good deal on mass delivery, or they were able to get something going at all. If Brainiac pushed his cover too much he may piss in the guy's drink ... Or dammit what if they ran into Zed without us? Cairo's left fingers drum nervously on his thigh as he checks the Comm-link on his right wrist for the 3rd or 4th time.


Conditions:
[Unarmored/Natural AR 12]
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr)
Breathes without Air
Force Disc
H.P.: 131/247
S.D.C.: 171/1350[/quote]
3rd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Cover-ID: Noran Altec

Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Captain Cardea » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:26 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2110


Cairo responds to Euger with a level gaze. "Almost broken eh? Must have missed my mark. But next time, you may not have a Mechanical-claw to pull you away, and my shot wasn't cheap at all. You took the first shot at me twinkles." As Cairo walks further towards the triage table, Euger turns and leaves the medical ward, he stops briefly when he reaches Atroian. Cairo’s demeanor is abrupt and with some distain. "One of yours killed my father." Afterwards, he turns and storms over to Halko

Halko makes a detour to stop a moment to converse with Fsheeme. As she spies Halko, her eyes go wide. "I thought you were dead!" Halko responds with a stupid grin. "Sorry, I didn't know I could do that. I was just planning on tying you up for as long as I could and then I was gonna tap out. If it means anything, I don't think I'm even gonna do one of these fights again." He gives her a little smile and puts a hand on her head. "Rest up." Halko then resumes the walk to the medical table, to allow the medical robots to tend to their wounds.

Once Cairo and Halko are finished dressing themselves, Cario turns to his watch and sends an encrypted message. After he sends his message, he then turns to Halko to ask a question. "Shall we watch some more of the fights? Maybe check the concessions and see if they have something tasty? ... " As he shakes his head, Halko answers Cairo. "Let’s go find the others and let them know I'm a demolition now."

The moment the two walk out of the medical ward, they are bombarded with bright flashing light and a rather large roar of everyone talking at the same time. A couple of dozen people are all crowded around the door. The mob consist of mostly reporters, camera men and their assistants. On the outside of them there are other spectators like fans and sales representatives wanting endorsements and other business ventures. There is a surge of commotion and the crowd moves closer to Cairo and Halko. Eventually one voice is made through the noise. ”Torren! That was some spectacle. How did you manage to do that and was that your plan from the beginning?” Almost as soon as one reporter is finished, another reporter rambles off more questions. ”Noran! Noran! Everyone wants to know. Where do you come from? What do you attribute to your success? Was it planned? You and Torren working together like that in the end or was that spontaneous?”

What are your next set of actions?
User avatar
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 pm
Location: HU2G - AGM

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Cairo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:52 am

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 27
JiC D20: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: 1d100 = 70

Apparently without getting any kind of response to their Text transmission, Emerging into the hallway to find a gaggle of Press and promoters, CJ leans over to Halko and says in [Language: Kassan (70%): 1d100 = 22], From frying pan to the fire ehh? even though the big guy does not know the language.

The Pilot then adjusts his shades and offers a friendly smile before shifting to Pilian [(Liloqua) 120%] and motioning people back with both hands, "Back up a bit folks, don't crowd him too much. Or at least let me get outta here before you do hehehe ... Torren and I are old friends. No House connections yet, so when we found ourselves on Grymdin during a qualifying event for the Hippodrome, well it seemed to make sense we'd try and watch out for one another. Besides, if I die, he never gets to collect all the beers he won off me over the years hehehe as for my success? Well let's see let's say 90% training, 20% Luck, and 5% to someone getting rid of that damn Fog hehehe ... My old Da always said to give things 115% ... Hope he's proud. I'd also like to take the chance to thank folks who believed in me!" Cairo is glad that with the passing minutes he's feeling better and better (healing), I think that gives a vague enough cover, and damn I could probably go another few rounds if I needed to here, but we need to hook up with the others.

The Pilot's glad to get contact info and says, "I know a few folks want to talk business, but right now isn't going to work. I'll take cards from whoever has them, and we can set meetings or whatever soon ..."



Conditions:
[Unarmored/Natural AR 12]
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr)
Breathes without Air
Force Disc
H.P.: 136/247
S.D.C.: 171/1350
3rd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Cover-ID: Noran Altec

Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Halko » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:24 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 30
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 6

CJ wrote:"We can't all take a ship's beam cannon and roll our eyes. I am fine to meet up with the others, but don't know if their meeting is over, or where they are. Once we hear further we can leave but for now, I wasn't sure where to head. With a few more bucks in our pockets, I wouldn't mind swinging past TGE again to pick up a couple things ... "


Halko tests his bandages as they start walking out, and says, "Some things hurt more than others. Anyway, you lead and I'll follow."

Stepping out into the media frenzy sets Halko back a second, but then Cairo leans over and jibbers something to him that he doesn't understand. Regardless, he just shrugs and walks through the media crowd, letting Cairo do all the talking as he scratches an eyebrow that isn't covered by shades or goggles, thanks to the special contact lenses.

Once they are through the media barrage, Halko turns toward the TGE outletter and says, "Best we wander for a bit, just in case one of them newsies decides to follow us."
Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Bloodsport Hippodrome

Postby Captain Cardea » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:34 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2110.5

"Some things hurt more than others. Anyway, you lead and I'll follow.” Halko says before being barraged by the reporters.Throwing his hands up and pushing the crowd back, Cairo puts on a show. "Back up a bit folks, don't crowd him too much. Or at least let me get outta here before you do hehehe ... Torren and I are old friends. No House connections yet, so when we found ourselves on Grymdin during a qualifying event for the Hippodrome, well it seemed to make sense we'd try and watch out for one another. Besides, if I die, he never gets to collect all the beers he won off me over the years hehehe as for my success? Well let's see let's say 90% training, 20% Luck, and 5% to someone getting rid of that damn Fog hehehe ... My old Da always said to give things 115% ... Hope he's proud. I'd also like to take the chance to thank folks who believed in me!" Once the duo are clear of the crowd and given their interviews, Halko susgests a plan. "Best we wander for a bit, just in case one of them newsies decides to follow us." As the pair of Arsimal wander, they receive a reply from the other squad mates to rendezvous with them at The Portal, in the Soniua Mercantile District.
User avatar
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 pm
Location: HU2G - AGM

Previous

Return to Hykri Entertainment District

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest