Roll 20 Announcements, Bull Sessions, and Talk Therapy

Discussions, polls, and announcements associated with Roll 20 Adventures.

Moderator: Augur

Re: Roll 20 Announcements, Bull Sessions, and Talk Therapy

Postby Augur » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:31 pm

Pfft. Hadn't given that any thought. Y'all can tell me.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Postby Rufus » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:21 am

Augur wrote:Pfft. Hadn't given that any thought. Y'all can tell me.

We could say it's a fictional version of Red Rock, Texas (location of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre) or Zelienople, Pennsylvania (location of Night of the Living Dead).
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ya-Blik » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:19 pm

Rufus wrote:
Augur wrote:Pfft. Hadn't given that any thought. Y'all can tell me.

We could say it's a fictional version of Red Rock, Texas (location of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre) or Zelienople, Pennsylvania (location of Night of the Living Dead).

Dixie!
Ya-Blik
Game Master

Postby Tiree » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:14 pm

How about Santa Carla, California. Where if all the corpses buried around there were to stand up all at once, it would have one hell of a population problem.
Tiree
Admin

Postby Ya-Blik » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:18 am

Is Roll 20 player level associated with the player independently, or only in association with a given setting/campaign?
Ya-Blik
Game Master

Postby Augur » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:37 pm

Ya-Blik wrote:Is Roll 20 player level associated with the player independently, or only in association with a given setting/campaign?

The latter.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
Augur
Admin

Postby Ya-Blik » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:29 pm

Augur wrote:
Ya-Blik wrote:Is Roll 20 player level associated with the player independently, or only in association with a given setting/campaign?

The latter.

You know it had to be asked! :wink:
Ya-Blik
Game Master

Postby Rufus » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:18 am

So when someone starts creating a replacement character for the various Roll20 games, does he/she need to post the character sheet here or in the recruitment forum?
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:01 pm

Rufus wrote:So when someone starts creating a replacement character for the various Roll20 games, does he/she need to post the character sheet here or in the recruitment forum?

I'll make a sub-forum here for that purpose. :idea:
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:47 pm

Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:56 am

"Blitzkrieg" is the upcoming Robotech Episode to be played on Roll20, but I'm already laying plans for the episode following Blitzkrieg.

Edit: I became obsessed/nostalgic today, and so, six hours later, I am nearly finished with everything necessary for both adventures. :mrgreen:

Here's a hint/sneak preview:

mars base sara overview.png
Augur
Admin

Postby Rufus » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:54 am

Augur wrote:Dead Reign: Escape from Suburbia continues![/size]

I should have the bare bones of a replacement for the currently-comatose Fungus up by then. You need/want to confab on the concept before I start posting dice rolls?
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:06 am

Augur wrote:
Rufus wrote:So when someone starts creating a replacement character for the various Roll20 games, does he/she need to post the character sheet here or in the recruitment forum?

I'll make a sub-forum here for that purpose. :idea:

I plan on making some corrections to Wither for the RoboTech game. Replacing some of the skills he shouldn't have with more applicable ones, but I haven't had a chance yet.

That said, I won't be able to make either Roll20 game this weekend. We have company coming in from out of town for the weekend.
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:55 pm

Rufus wrote:
Augur wrote:Dead Reign: Escape from Suburbia continues![/size]

I should have the bare bones of a replacement for the currently-comatose Fungus up by then. You need/want to confab on the concept before I start posting dice rolls?

Nope! The guidelines are already in place! Just have fun and follow the rules!

Halko wrote:That said, I won't be able to make either Roll20 game this weekend. We have company coming in from out of town for the weekend.

Okay, folks, James needs someone to take his place! Who's gonna help defend the SDF-1 against those warmongering alien scum?!
Augur
Admin

Postby Rufus » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Augur wrote:
Rufus wrote:I should have the bare bones of a replacement for the currently-comatose Fungus up by then. You need/want to confab on the concept before I start posting dice rolls?

Awesome! Incidentally I may be about an hour late to the DR session due to family obligations. But I will be there if for no other reason than to watch Fungus die. :mrgreen:
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ya-Blik » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Rufus wrote:
Augur wrote:
Rufus wrote:I should have the bare bones of a replacement for the currently-comatose Fungus up by then. You need/want to confab on the concept before I start posting dice rolls?

Awesome! Incidentally I may be about an hour late to the DR session due to family obligations. But I will be there if for no other reason than to watch Fungus die. :mrgreen:

You mean watch his miraculous rescue? I'm sure that is what you meant! 8)
Ya-Blik
Game Master

Postby Consumer » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:23 am

Now the tale of Pattern Zombies Fungus and Chief continuing their blood feud into the afterlife.

Good game Lloyd, I figured Chief would be the next to go. I'll have a replacement character up before the next game.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Rufus » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:42 am

I have the feeling we haven't seen the last of either Fungus or the Chief.

Call it a hunch.
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:15 pm

Rufus wrote:I have the feeling we haven't seen the last of either Fungus or the Chief.

Call it a hunch.

:twisted:
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:00 pm

Nobody showed for Robotech tonight.

Therefore, despite having the next two episodes already made and ready to play, I will be putting up a poll to determine which game people want to play in October. Robotech will, of course, still be one of the available options.
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:02 am

Many players, including myself I've come to learn, have a potential conflict with Saturday's Dead Reign game due to Halloween. Would Sunday at 7pm CST be a better option for this one session?
Augur
Admin

Postby Rufus » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:24 am

Augur wrote:Many players, including myself I've come to learn, have a potential conflict with Saturday's Dead Reign game due to Halloween. Would Sunday at 7pm CST be a better option for this one session?

It would work better for me, yes.
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:31 am

We now have a PLUS account!

Click on the link and check out the features now available to us in our Roll 20 games!
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:12 pm

Looks like HU2 won out by a slim margin this time.

A player might ask himself Hey, how is it decided which games continue and which get voted on?

I'm glad you asked, hypothetical player! When, in the course of game nights, I do not have sufficient players present on a given game night to continue the campaign, I call off that game session and put that time slot up for a vote. This is why the Robotech campaign went on the backburner and PFRPG got its chance to shine.
Augur
Admin

Postby Spiderweb » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:10 pm

I just joined Patreon and supported the site, though for some reason I have not been charged yet (perhaps that will wait until Feb 1?). I also picked up a Microphone. I was thinking about creating a character for the HU WW2 game, and was trying to figure out the creation thing. It says something about all players starting at level 1, but then later it says something about level 2 and higher players starting with more options.

While a Hunter (I assume that is Hunter/Vigilante, not a demon hunter) is a class I am willing to play, I was considering the question of a Mutant, but it says that is a player level 2 character.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:29 pm

Spiderweb wrote:I just joined Patreon and supported the site, though for some reason I have not been charged yet (perhaps that will wait until Feb 1?). I also picked up a Microphone. I was thinking about creating a character for the HU WW2 game, and was trying to figure out the creation thing. It says something about all players starting at level 1, but then later it says something about level 2 and higher players starting with more options.

While a Hunter (I assume that is Hunter/Vigilante, not a demon hunter) is a class I am willing to play, I was considering the question of a Mutant, but it says that is a player level 2 character.

To play a Mutant, you'll need to be second level... or have 3 games under your belt. So by month 4 your could play a mutant, if you came to the next 3 HU2 WW2 games.
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Spiderweb » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Ah, OK, thanks for explaining. Will have to work on the hunter then. It is fine, I find it a pretty good class and have considered playing one before.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:30 pm

And yes, Patreon charges accounts on the 1st of each month.
Augur
Admin

Postby Spiderweb » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:40 pm

OK, working on a Character, a Black African Hunter from South Africa. I was wondering how you actually do the rolls, I mean do you post them on a reply to the sheet or something?

What do you do if you have a class skill that does not exist in 1939?
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Yes, you post your rolls via a reply that has dice rolls

Your questions will be answered MUCH faster if you join the Roll20 Chat thread on Google Hangouts at https://hangouts.google.com/group/6Cn6HekGGJcuMvUq1

If the skill wasn't around in 1939, you lose it. I.e. no SCUBA ... not invented until 1943.
3rd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Cover-ID: Noran Altec

Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: (inside) Flight Suit with Helmet (Environmental Regulator overridden & internal temperature set to 15°), (exterior) Police Style Jumpsuit.

Carried/Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], Galactic Assault Rifle [4 Clips], [2] Energy Stun Baton, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, [2] Handcuffs, [1] Roll of Duct Tape (Black)
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:14 pm

You do realize that the military wasn't (by fiat, if not by practice) desegregated until 1948, right?
Augur
Admin

Postby Halko » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:55 pm

Alan, You could easily play an Alan Quartermain type character from South Africa.
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Spiderweb » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:07 am

Yes, I know that the US military is not integrated until after WW2. I am not sure whether or not that applies to the British, and am also wondering if it would apply to a special unit like this one. Even if it does, he could be officially assigned as some kind of servant to an officer.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:27 am

:D Then I'll tell you what I've told everyone here so far when they come asking for the fantastic, Alan: do your homework.

Research what the black experience was as regards their going to Europe. I brushed up a bit myself last night and learned a few things about British responses to blacks being brought to the U.K.

Unlike the the other requests though, ultimately this is not my call. Race was a serious issue at that time. If you want to take the subject seriously in the game, the players have to be cool with that. I'm imposing the tyranny of the majority on this subject because I don't want the subject blown off, but I also don't want it to even be broached if it makes the majority of the players uncomfortable.

Besides, making people uncomfortable is supposed to be my bailiwick. :twisted: :lol:

Plea: Share with me whatever resources you can find on the subject. Brits are not outwardly a very race-conscious people, and so there is remarkably little that I've found on the subject that isn't just contemporary, political pandering about meeting racial quotas and the like.
Augur
Admin

Postby Spiderweb » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:49 am

http://www.heretical.com/smith/wwar2.html

There is mention of Black enlisted members in the British army as far back as WW1 (though that was a reference to a picture I have yet to locate.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:13 pm

If we are a covert team, being sent behind enemy lines, it is unlikely that someone would be assigned to the group that would not be able to blend in.

i.e., He doesn't look like a German to me.

and by that bar, I doubt any of us would be sent behind the lines in Japan.
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Spiderweb » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:40 pm

If there is a good reason otherwise, I do not have to be black, it is just that the "great white hunter" was mostly a myth, it was generally the native guides who had all the skills.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:31 am

Spiderweb wrote:If there is a good reason otherwise, I do not have to be black, it is just that the "great white hunter" was mostly a myth, it was generally the native guides who had all the skills.

LOL

We're also talking about SUPERPOWERED soldiers and Nazis wielding no-shit MAGIC. Let's not invoke "myth" here as some pejorative.
Augur
Admin

Postby Spiderweb » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:14 am

Augur wrote:
Spiderweb wrote:If there is a good reason otherwise, I do not have to be black, it is just that the "great white hunter" was mostly a myth, it was generally the native guides who had all the skills.

LOL

We're also talking about SUPERPOWERED soldiers and Nazis wielding no-shit MAGIC. Let's not invoke "myth" here as some pejorative.

True enough...and it does work a bit better for explaining the "having the equipment" question if the character is more local (or at least has more local relatives).
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:38 am

I can always play pack mule if people are beyond their carry limits.

Hell, i could put you all in a jeep and carry it.

I can't lift a tank but mostly i just need to wory about balance and leverage.
Last edited by Halko on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Spiderweb » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:41 am

Possibly that will let us carry our weapons shop around with us :D

I figure I might have good reason to know Earl and Marcus. Earl because we are both athletes who may well have been in the Olympics, and Marcus because of a shared interest in weaponry.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:59 am

Sometimes, I can be a pretty smart monkey.

Want to directly impact the quality of the visual aspect of our Roll 20 games?

Well, I figured out a way to share my wishlist at DrivethruRPG so that if anyone is interested in seeing me use some of these maps, tokens, etc. in our Roll 20 games they can make that directly possible.

I don't think I have any actual RPG type content even in my wishlist. Unless I'm mistaken, my whole wishlist is composed of nothing but stuff to make the Roll 20 games better visually. That being said, if you see an adventure module or something which you'd like to see (converted) played via Roll 20, let me know, or just throw it at me via the wishlist!
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:40 pm

Players, Diamond patrons, and patrons of all tiers, lend me your ears!

Join us for virtual tabletop fun via Roll 20! If you can clear your Saturday night (after 7pm CST) at least once a month, we've created a safe space online for you to get your nerd on!

"But I'd have to buy expensive new computer equipment!"
  • Not so! All that's needed is a few items:
    • A basic desktop computer the likes of which you can buy online for less than $100 nowadays.
    • A set of headphones with a mic which you can get for as little as $5 online.
    • Note: Roll 20 works best via the Google Chrome browser, but it will also run (albeit sometimes oddly) via the Firefox browser. If you are using Internet Explorer, please seek immediate help from your nearest computer nerd!
"Desktop computers are so 1999! I only use mobile devices, so I can't play!"
"This is all so new...I wouldn't know where to start!"
  • Time to get out of your comfort zone, fellow gamer! But fear not, there's a ton of support for n00bz.
    • Roll 20 has an extensive wiki.
    • The EU community of Roll 20 players is learning right along with you! We're not only moral support, we're tech support! (And you won't have to bribe us with cheetos like other tech support folks.)

Also, dear patrons, I have spent some of your money on a bunch of art packs for use with Roll 20 in the last couple weeks.

The Safe Haven I created on Sunday for use in our ongoing Dead Reign campaign was partly created using some of these things.
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Sat May 27, 2017 11:54 am

Roll 20 players!

I've been in contact with a very cool player on ROLL20 for some time now. To save myself extra verbiage, I'm just going to copy/paste our relevant chat here:

Lofwyr: What improvments are you looking to make to the Palladium or savage sheets?

Augur: Regarding Savage Rifts, I'm honestly too much of a rookie to the system to speak intelligently about the subject, but some of my players have made this observation: that the Savage Worlds sheet that is on Roll 20 is sufficient to that task, but Savage Rifts takes the Savage ruleset and dials it up to 11, and the sheet just doesn't accommodate such. The Palladium sheet though...man, have you used it? It's _not_ user friendly. If you're interested in taking up either challenge (and I bet I could get my patrons to fund one of these projects to some degree), just say so--and specify which you'd prefer to tackle. For me, my priority is the Palladium sheet because currently, all of my Roll 20 campaigns use the Palladium ruleset.

Lofwyr: Well there is two Palladium sheets Megaverse and Rifts. I use the Megaverse one. Really though I would need to know what specific changes you would like made before I could tell you how difficult it would be to impliment them.

Augur: I'll put that wonderful question to my patrons and find out what they want done!
Augur
Admin

Postby Hesiod » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:49 pm

1. Roll 20 was fun.
2. I've been trying to get up to speed on the Savage rules and am currently making a fun character of on that side of EU
3. Count me in for as many d20 games as I can make
4. I can't make the 26th as I have plans, but I've try and be around for the others.
Hesiod

Postby Augur » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:49 am

Players, don't forget to level your characters!
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:33 am

Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:05 pm

Augur
Admin

Previous

Return to Roll 20