First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:05 pm

"Oh Cadizians... Come Out to Play-i-ay..."

The Weatherman wrote:Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
6:00am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
27 degrees F (projected high of 46)


The group departs MercTown in the cold dawn of 6:00am. Any chits for weapons that had not been picked up the night before are claimed on the group’s way out. The trip to Cadiz passes uneventfully for the most part, as the roads in the vicinity of MercTown are well-traveled enough that both vehicles can travel at decent speeds (about 40mph) for about half the way and don’t have to slow down to accommodate for rougher/less well-traveled terrain until then. The group doesn’t really encounter much in the way of wildlife as most of them are either frightened away by the sound of their approach or intimidated by their size.

All in all, it’s roughly 8:30am when the group arrives at the town of Cadiz. The vehicles come to a stop at the main building in the town: “The Real Geese,” the tavern/inn that’s listed in Fixer’s notes. At first glance, there doesn’t seem to be any activity whatsoever. No welcoming party in the form of local authorities. No children running out to see the big shiny robot. No hucksters trying to make a fast buck on the unsuspecting outsiders. Not even any folks going about their daily routines. For all the group knows, they could be the only living beings in Cadiz at the moment.


What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:52 am

Percep 52%: 1d100 = 85
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 15

Analoy looks out the Salamander's windows as they pull up into town. Moving over to the radio, she keys the comm to call the other part of the team riding in the giant robot, "Well, if there was anybody in town, they likely saw us drive in. But this place looks..." Lets refrain from using the word dead at this point. Could be a bad omen. "... empty. Should we disembark and take a look around?"

She pulls back from the radio and looks over to Cordelia and the other GIRLS that are riding in the Salamander. "Does anybody see anything of note?" She stares back out the window looking for dropped or loose items on the ground, any kind of actual signs that may indicate that some sort of illness is in the area and people are staying in to isolate it. She even looks to see if there are any obvious signs of foul play; weapons fire marks, blood trails, etc.

Analoy pulls on her new cloak and digs her gas mask out of her backpack. Holding on to her gas mask, she keys the radio again, "I can track. I should go out first with someone to watch my back, before too much of the area gets disturbed."
Last edited by Analoy on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10 / 20%
JIC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 24

Susan, in her full EBA, all sensors active, looks around at the seemingly abandoned town. In the trids, now's when all the townsfolk come out possessed or as zombies. Fun. Better do a hit just in case...

She pops a Boing-Go.

To the people she's riding with, she says, "You know, when the town's abandoned like this, it's always some kind of big conspiracy in the shows. An evil mage making an army, or demons or those aliens like down in El Dorado. And there's always SOMEONE ON THE INSIDE working with them. I've been suspicious of the owner of the Loosey Goosey since we heard about her. If she's the inside agent, just remember I said it first."

Susan then goes back to staring out the window intensely.

"I suppose it could be some kind of plague, but you'd probably see more signs of the town running down even if everyone died over the course of a few days."
Last edited by Susan Lee on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 3 / 71% (crit success)
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 99
Detect Ambush ☞ 80% / 1d100 = 21, Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 92, Detect Concealment ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 12 (to perceive potential threats, peculiarities, etc.)
Tracking: People 35% / 1d100 = 56 (to spot any signs of individuals or groups leaving the area of the town)
Military Etiquette ☞ 95% / 1d100 = 51 & Invoke Trust: 88% / 1d100 = 47 (to direct the team under her command)
Sensory Equipment ☞ 65% / 1d100 = 39 (to survey the area for any anomalous readings of the area via infrared, ultraviolet, telescopic, thermal-imaging, & radar sensor systems)

Creepy frontier ghost town ambiance noted, Iblis. Upon arrival, Jezebel takes a moment to hop on the group's secure radio channel. "GIRLS, Temptress. Everyone remain in your vehicles for a minute as a basic safety precaution. Use what technology your vehicles have to gather as much information as possible. When you've completed your surveys and want to get out, stick close to your vehicles. They're potential cover should there be snipers in the area. Take this time outside your vehicles to use your natural senses to conduct a similar survey. I'll be a few minutes. When I emerge, gather together and report your findings. Temptress, out." Mentally disconnecting her connection to the TR's radio system, the merged Jezebel focuses her attention instead on manipulating the TR's various sensor system to get a lay of the land, spot any anomalous readings, and notice anything peculiar. She's looking for threats, foremost, and signs of where the people went as a secondary concern. Once she's completed her survey, she disconnects from the TR, opens the hatch at the rear, and climbs down the back of the giant robot to land on her feet and take in her surroundings with her own, unaugmented, senses. After taking a few moments for that purpose, she'll walk casually over to the rest of the gathered group. "Okay, we're here. What have you found?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:38 am

[Rolls Held]

Intelligence 62% = 1d100 = 14
Detect Ambush 65% = 1d100 = 18
Tracking: People 60% = 1d100 = 89
Prowl 55% = 1d100 = 74

Analoy looks to Susan, "To bad this isn't one of those shows. Best wait and see what kind of facts we can find before jumping to a conclusion that's not useful." Clicking the comm back on, Analoy says, "Doc doesn't think it was some kind of plague."

After letting Cordelia examine whatever sensors the Salamander has, Analoy says, "I guess its time to go out. Everyone stay close. Like Jez said, we can at least take some cover off the Salamander." With that said, Analoy pops the hatch on the large hover vehicle and slips outside, easing along as quietly as possible as she goes to meet up with Jez and whoever else was riding in the giant robot.

As she walks along, Analoy keeps her eyes open and scans the surroundings, try to catch any hint of what happened here that she couldn't see from inside the Salamander. Coming up the Jez, Analoy shrugs and says, "Do you want me to take a look around? See if I can pick up on any tracks or whatnot?"
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:56 am

Perception: 1d100 = 69
JIC d20: 1d20 = 8
JIC d100: 1d100 = 38

Sensory Equipment 48%: 1d100 = 1 (Sensors on the NE-BA-26)

Kat doesn't argue with Jez's orders. They make sense, well enough. Once Analoy suggests leaving, Kat pulls out her new lever-action Naruni rifle* from her duffle bag, and pulls out her dirty, bloodstained sheet-poncho, and puts it over both her armor and the bag. "I want to check out the inside of the tavern. Cover my six, Analoy?"

Rifle nestled into the crook of her arm, Kat makes the effort of acting casually in hopping out of the Salamander and moseying up toward the front door of the tavern. All the while the City Rat is scanning the area with the suits' alien sensor suite. The City Rat checks the door to the tavern with her left hand.

Should she find the main room of the tavern completely empty, Kat loses any pretense and shoulders the rifle, and starts checking corners and doorways, counterclockwise.


(*Still assuming I have the guns I bought at the Palace.)
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Fiona » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am

Perception: 1d100 = 77/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 61
Conditions: None

Fiona nods her head when the order to stay in the vehicles comes along. She smirks at the using whatever sensors are available and starts looking around with her eyes, seeing as her truck didn't have a sensor suite. Fiona doesn't seem too worried as her innate danger sense hasn't kicked in. After a minute or two, Fiona steps out of her truck and looks around further. Strange you would think that there would be some sign of a scuffle at the very least. When Jez makes her way over Fiona shrugs. "A whole lot of nothing, I don't have a sensor suite, and nothing in the immediate area seems out of place."
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:15 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 54
Pilot: Hovercraft 75% (+5%) 1d100 = 75
Intelligence 44% (+4%) 1d100 = 88
Radio: Basic 70% (+5%) 1d100 = 57

Just drive where they tell you to Cordelia takes some more pictures. So far her evaluation is the much the same as everyone else. She has not seen anything in the way of evidence. The Salamander doesn't have any sensory equipment aside from cameras mounted the corners, however they are more for navigational purposes. She does have a bit of a relief reaction when told to stay in the vehicle.
Analoy looks like a character from a story in her cloak and mask and Cordelia gets some pictures of her.
"I can hardy believe I'm on a mission next to a giant robot vehicle. It all looks so awesome." More pictures taken now of the robot.
Im soooo fricken nervous. Am I shaking?[/i]
She starts checking her pictures to see if they are blurry from her shot nerves.
WHOOOOSSSSAAAAHH. breathes deeply.
" Can anyone see anything?"
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Corrigan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:21 am

Perception: I'll edit this post later when I'm not at a client site, based on the new rules. I need to figure that out.
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 1 - Nat 1
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 39
Init: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 3 - Nat 1

Corrigan travels well enough. She's used to the sea, so the rolling movement of a big hovercraft like the Salamander really isn't that much off from what she's used to. If anything, it's pleasant. A little bit of time to catch a little extra sleep at first, then she's familiarizing herself with the vehicle. Eventually, having seen what she figures is everything she wanders to go bother the 'Doc' -- watching her drive for a little while and then offering a little bit of conversation.

"Like to figure out how to build a small forge somewhere on the outside." She's relaxed, happy to be going somewhere with a purpose other than just being on the move. "I've a talent here and there that sort of depends on it. Feel like we could mount something to one of the bumpers or something? It doesn't have to be magic. Regular old propane, gas or electric forge is right enough to me. Coal'd work, but you probably don't want that on your home."

Eventually though, they'll get to where they are going.

She hops out, standing beside the others and looking around them.

"... kinda dead, isn't it?" She asks out loud, to nobody in particular. Maybe Jez, maybe others. Whomever's going to answer.

It's stating the obvious but someone had to.
"Deep breaths, there!" She says cheerfully to Cordelia. "An open mouth is going to gather flies."

Judging by the way she says it, though? Probably a joke.
User avatar
Corrigan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:10 pm
Location: MercTown

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:42 pm

[rolls held]

Force Field: 150/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC

Analoy nods to Kat, "Right behind you." She slips the gas mask over her face and reaches under her cloak and presses the Knight in full armor tattoo. With that, a shimmering set of armor appears around her form. Slipping Zdeslav from its ring on her belt, she holds the mace at the ready and sets in behind Kat, watching out for the other woman as they go to inspect the tavern. She keeps quiet as she scans the area for any signs as to why there are no people here but lets Kat take the lead as they enter the building.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:07 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
8:33am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
27 degrees F (projected high of 46)



After a few minutes of staring around at the strangely-deserted town, most of the group decide to disembark from their vehicles and start searching. Analoy armors up with a touch and a thought ‘just in case’ and Susan implements her own ‘just in case’ strategy by drugging up. Cordelia -- whether it’s due to nerves, excitement, or merely journalistic desire -- channels her inner ‘embedded reporter’ and begins taking pictures of the group’s vehicles/members. She’s no William Howard Russell (not yet anyway) but some of the pictures come out alright.

What passes for the ‘main road’ (such as it is) runs past The Real Geese and looks to be pretty well-worn, which is no surprise all things considered. There’s another path out of town (to call it a ‘secondary road’ is being kinda generous) but there appears to be some recent wear on it. There appear to be a couple of vehicles in the town, but one would assume that even a village the size of Cadiz would have more given its remote locale.

The bulk of the group’s technological sensory capability seems to reside in Jez’s Titan robot. However, with the alien superhuman at the controls it proves to be more than enough as she gets a comprehensive scan of the area. Radio scans pick up a few open channels -- mainly from the businesses and a few of the more *ahem* ‘stately’ houses in Cadiz -- but nobody’s active on them. Motion sensors pick up some wandering farm animals. There are heat signatures from them (there are a few that appear to be dead, but those are largely in penned-in areas where they logically ran out of food/water), but nothing from inside the various houses -- no smoldering fires for warmth or cooking, no candles, not even a lit cigar. The place is just about as dead as it appears to the naked eye.

Almost.

Just as Kat and Analoy enter the main door of the Real Geese -- which is every bit as deserted as the rest of the town seems to be with no signs of scuffle inside that Kat/Analoy can tell -- Jez’s sensors picks up a single heat signature on the upper floor of the tavern. It’s small, but it’s moving to one end of the building.



What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:04 pm

Perception 56%*: 1d100 = 85
JIC d20: 1d20 = 2
JIC d100: 1d100 = 5

Radio: Basic 88%: 1d100 = 92
Sensory Equipment 48%: 1d100 = 18

Finding the front room empty, Kat has shouldered her rifle. Until Jez contacts her regarding the small heat signature, Kat is continuing her counterclockwise search of the ground floor of the tavern. The City Rat is looking for anything that moves primarily, but she will note the environment and surroundings- signs of a struggle, abandoned meals on tables, and other signs of vacating in a hurry would be noted via radio. What the actual fuck happened here?

If Kat receives notice from Jez regarding the heat signature on the second floor, she motions Analoy toward the stairs with her left hand while remaining silent. Kat will follow the tattooed tough girl up the stairs about six paces behind.

*(Continuing to protest the neutering of everyone's perception. Kat and other high perception characters have lost an awful lot in comparative success chances just for the simplicity of percentages. Which seems to have only really been an issue for one GM. But I did the math now.)
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 83
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 25
Climbing ☞ 105% / 1d100 = 71 (to scale the front of the structure)

Townsend wrote:Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
8:33am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
27 degrees F (projected high of 46)

Townsend wrote:Radio scans pick up a few open channels -- mainly from the businesses and a few of the more *ahem* ‘stately’ houses in Cadiz -- but nobody’s active on them. Motion sensors pick up some wandering farm animals. There are heat signatures from them (there are a few that appear to be dead, but those are largely in penned-in areas where they logically ran out of food/water), but nothing from inside the various houses -- no smoldering fires for warmth or cooking, no candles, not even a lit cigar. The place is just about as dead as it appears to the naked eye. Just as Kat and Analoy enter the main door of the Real Geese -- which is every bit as deserted as the rest of the town seems to be with no signs of scuffle inside that Kat/Analoy can tell -- Jez’s sensors picks up a single heat signature on the upper floor of the tavern. It’s small, but it’s moving to one end of the building.


Once she's completed her survey, she connects to the TR's radio system and sends out a burst of encrypted voice on the team's channel. "Kat, there's a single, small heat signature on the second floor of the structure you're in; be advised: it's on the move. I'm coming out. Temptress, out."

Securing and then disconnecting from the TR, she opens the hatch at the rear, and climbs down the back of the giant robot to land on her feet and take in her surroundings with her own, unaugmented, senses. After taking a few moments for that purpose, she strides over to the rest of the gathered group. "There's dead and loose livestock around town. I'd wager the townsfolk have been missing for an extended period." Nunnos rest your heels, this place is unpeopled. As she's summarizing the scene for the gathered GIRLS, she considers Kat's most likely course of action based on her personality, then hands out directives. "Cover the exits of the structure Kat and Annie entered. Detain anyone or anything that tries to exit the building. I'm going to see what I can provoke." Without further ado, she bounds towards the structure itself and does what she can to climb the front and reach the second floor. She's not quiet about it. If there's a window, she'll not enter it, but will instead peek inside.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:29 am

Perception: 1d100 = 50 / 23%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 78

Susan clambers out of the vehicle behind everyone else, and looks around the 'town,' noting the complete lack of people. She glances down at Corrigan, and says, "You're a dwarf, right? Standard xenotype, no mutations?"

When Jez gives her orders, Susan nods enthusiastically. "I'LL TAKE UP A LOOKOUT POSITION!" She then tries to use either the robot or Fiona's vehicle (or any kind of barrel, or crates, townie vehicle, etc.) to jump up onto the roof of one of the nearby two-story houses. [Jump height is 22' in the EBA] From there, she surveys the town, using the sensors in the Naruni EBA and then keeps an eye on the Loose Goose.

I should be able to get a good view up here, and who expects someone to be on the roof?
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Fiona » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:23 am

Perception: 1d100 = 77/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 17
Conditions: None.

Fiona stands next to her truck, before thinking better of it and walking around the other side to give herself cover from whatever is in the building. Once in position Fiona draws her pistol and points it in the general direction of the building. Yep I'm a big scary mercenary with a mighty energy weapon... Fiona thinks mockingly as she looks at the small pistol in her hand. Fiona chuckles further. I don't even have a reload for it. I hope it's just a cat."
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 70

So the crazy doctor is on a roof , Jezebel is going in the window and Fiona is in the street. I guess that means I get the back door. Does this dive have a back door?
Switch from camera to pistol.
Cordelia bounds out the door of the Salamander and around the tavern to check the back side. Door or no door she finds cover.
humming mission impossible music your mission should you choose to accept it is to look like more of a bad ass than you really are. and strikes a pose.
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:49 pm

Percep 52%: 1d100 = 91
JIC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 56

Prowl 55%=1d100 = 12
Detect Ambush 65%=1d100 = 38

Force Field: 147/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC

Analoy nods to Kat when the other woman motions her to take the lead up the stairs. Noting the cramped quarters, Analoy slips Zdeslav back into its ring on her belt and pulls out the TW Snare Gun. This might be a better option anyway. With this place being empty if someone were to turn up, I'd hate to smash him just because i got startled. And if we do find an enemy, well, capture and question would seem the best plan.

Analoy moves as carefully as she can up the stairs, gently placing her feet, toe then heel on the steps, instead of stomping up the stairs at a run like some child might do. When she reaches the landing at the top of the stairs, she gives it a look around to make sure its all clear, then she motions Kat the rest of the way up the stairs with a wave of the hand and a thumbs up.
Last edited by Analoy on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:33 pm

(Rolls Held)

Prowl 73-10(armor)=63%: 1d100 = 59

Seeing Analoy creep up the stairs, Kat is guilted into at least trying to make her clodhopper of an exoskeleton move as silently as possible. Kat keeps her Naruni Lever Action at the ready, and not pointed at Analoy.

Well, this is not how I was hoping our side job for Fixer would turn out. I think we have ourselves a mystery. And we still have the job from MercOps to get handled, as well.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Corrigan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:44 am

Perception: I'll edit this post later when I'm not at a client site, based on the new rules. I need to figure that out.
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 13
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 43
Init: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 11

It's not really the kind of arrival that Corrigan wants.

She is pretty new to adventuring, even if she's not going to admit it.

Sure, she can shoot and she can punch and do all of these things that she learned working with a crew.

Being on your own is a lot more difficult and a lot harder, so there are some fairly basic mistakes that she realizes
she has made. Like not bringing sensory gear.

Armor is a temporary inconvinenence, there is magic for that and she can take a hit or two.

But the problem is, she feels a little bit on the embarassed side for her lack of proper preparation.


There always was someone else there that helped with that.

Well, she won't make htat mistake again.

It's mentally filed away in the place that she'll never forget.

For the moment, though?

She mostly concentrates on backing the play to head into the building.

Old style, ornate but non-threatning flintlock in hand she waits beside the entry to the building.

After a second of thought she switches that out for one of her Hammers, nervously tapping the palm of
her hand with the golden weapon as she waits to see if Jez is able to stir anything up.

A quick look around too, to see if anything at eye seems salvagable from the dead animals.

Skill Roll | Skin & Prepare Animal Hides | Target: 40% | 1d100 = 65 | Fail

Belatedly, she glances at the doctor type.

"What's a mutation?" Nose wrinkles slightly. "Not a ground diggin' dwarf if that's what you are asking, no."
User avatar
Corrigan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:10 pm
Location: MercTown

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:13 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
8:40am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
28 degrees F (projected high of 46)


Kat and Analoy

The ladies advance slowly and quietly (Kat surprisingly so, all things considered, but she still sounds like a breakdancing elephant in comparison to Analoy’s ninja-esque efforts). The second floor is for the most part a large open space with bunk beds arranged in a community barracks type setup for maximum accommodation and minimal privacy. Through a partially ajar door at the end of the space they can see a bathroom/shower type room.

Although most of the bunks appear to be neatly made, the covers on one of the lower bunks towards the back of the space is rumpled. As Kat and Analoy move closer to investigate there is a flash of motion as something darts out towards a window. The window seems to explode outward, shattering the glass and flinging open the shutters, but the blur stops at the window and screams. In the light coming in from the now-open window, they can see what the ‘something’ is -- it’s a little girl holding a plush animal.

The girl throws up her hand to the window before darting back into the bathroom. From behind the door they hear “GO AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE! I DON’T WANT TO GO! BRING BACK MY MOMMY AND DADDY! DON’T MAKE ME HIT YOU!”


Jezebel

The Arismal avenger finds the front of the building to be a simple surface to climb up to the second level of windows. There are some loose shingles on the roof extending out over the porch entrance, but that minor issue is the only obstacle. She finds a window close to where the heat signature was moving to according to the sensors; its shutters are pulled to but Jez can pull them open just enough to take a glimpse inside (see interior description above). Suddenly she registers motion heading her way -- and has just enough time to duck down out of the window before it bursts outward with the shutters swinging out violently and a shower of glass hurling past. She raises her head back up into the window from and comes face to face with… a little girl. A dirty, obviously very scared little girl.

Image

A little girl with a fully functional set of lungs, judging by the scream she lets loose. She throws up her hand to Jez, and the would-be Spider-Woman clinging to the exterior wall gets hit by an invisible blast. It doesn’t appear to damage her armor ((OOC: I’m assuming Jez is wearing hers)), but the impact feels like a cannonball and Jez is just barely able to hang on to her handholds. In fact, when Jez looks back down at her hands it appears she’s actually gouged some tears in the wood wall itself.

As she ponders this she hears shouts coming from inside.


Susan

With a hop, skip, and a jump (or two), the drugged-up doctor quickly makes her way to the top of the roof on a building just across the road from the Real Geese and with a perfect view of Jez as she climbs up the front of the inn. As she settles down and takes a look around, a flutter of paper under an eave catches her eye. Upon closer inspection it turns out to be a stack of sheet music tucked underneath a violin.

Suddenly, the sounds of glass and wood breaking along with a high-pitched scream draw her attention back to the inn. There is a small figure in the window and Jez appears to be knocked back slightly, but is still hanging onto the exterior wall.


Fiona/Cordelia/Corrigan

The other three not-so-combat-oriented ladies take up positions covering the entrance and exit to the building. Those who are covering the front entrance see Jez climb up to a second story window and duck out of the way as it blows outward before being hit by an invisible force as someone screams.

Those who are in the back covering the other entrance suddenly hear the sounds of glass and wood breaking along with a high-pitched scream around front.


What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 90
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 5

Barely noting Corrigan's answer as she 'parkours' to her perch, Susan thinks, 'Exactly, nothing to see here, standard already-sequenced dwarf. Blah blah.'

When the papers catch her eye, she retrieves them and the violin, putting them in her pack.

As the action commences, and Jez drops partially out of the window, Susan says with vocal enhancement, "Tiny girl, we are here to help. I am a doctor. These other people are also here to help. We are the good guys... women. Are you a mutant?"

Persuasion: 1d100 = 70

She then prepares to back up Jez and keeps watch generally.

The heat signature was from the only survivor who is a child? NAILED IT! IN YOUR FACE, MURDER-ANALOY!
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:41 pm

Perception 71%: 1d100 = 10
JIC d20: 1d20 = 2
JIC d100: 1d100 = 16

Invoke Trust 65%: 1d100 = 66
Barter 72%: 1d100 = 74

Kat tracks the moving figure with her rifle until the City Rat realizes it's a girl. Shit. Can't be shooting at kids. Keep your head, Kat.Kat takes a leap of faith, deciding to hope the girl is really a girl with early onset psychic powers or something, and not a demon or dragon taking a girl's shape. The display of powers makes things a bit more complicated for the situation. Kat knows Jez has a problem with psychics, anyone who's encountered Jez around one knows that.

"Check on Jez. Keep her busy and away from the kid for a minute. If this girl ain't a girl, we'll have immediate problems, but if she knows something, we need to talk to her." Kat hands off her rifle to Analoy and approaches the bathroom door. Kat squats down in an attempt to put herself at the same height as the girl and knocks softly on the bathroom door. "Excuse me, miss. Didn't your parents teach you a little better manners than that? You at least ask what someone is doing here before yelling at them to go away." Kat says the last part with all the authority of someone who has a very onry little brother who Kat had to play parent for while their mother was confined to her wheelchair.

Kat shakes her head at Susan's use of the loudspeaker. Amateurs. Don't broadcast your location in a dangerous situation. The City Rat sighs and makes a mental note to explain that later.

Whether or not the door opens, Kat continues. "We're here looking for Mister Sully. His cousin Fixer, from MercTown asked us to check on him. He hadn't heard from him in a while. If you could tell us what happened here, we'll be glad to go look for him, and your parents. You can stay in the bathroom for all I care and talk through the door, but my tattooed friend Analoy out here is a really good cook, and I bet you need something warm to eat."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:58 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 24
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 4

Cordelia can't see what is happening, but hears the ruckus.
What was that!! She ducks and covers and starts preparing a hasty fighting position. Cover and concealment. She piles up some rocks and deadfall. Looking around just short of frantically.
Cordelia takes a few deep breaths and calms down. Switch from weapon to camera. Takes a few pictures. It helps her relax. Just chill and cover the building until you know whats going on. and lets out a long sigh.
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55 / 71%
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 49
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 13 / 88% (communicating with the child)

Townsend wrote:The Arismal avenger finds the front of the building to be a simple surface to climb up to the second level of windows. There are some loose shingles on the roof extending out over the porch entrance, but that minor issue is the only obstacle. She finds a window close to where the heat signature was moving to according to the sensors; its shutters are pulled to but Jez can pull them open just enough to take a glimpse inside (see interior description above). Suddenly she registers motion heading her way -- and has just enough time to duck down out of the window before it bursts outward with the shutters swinging out violently and a shower of glass hurling past. She raises her head back up into the window from and comes face to face with… a little girl. A dirty, obviously very scared little girl.

A little girl with a fully functional set of lungs, judging by the scream she lets loose. She throws up her hand to Jez, and the would-be Spider-Woman clinging to the exterior wall gets hit by an invisible blast. It doesn’t appear to damage her armor, but the impact feels like a cannonball and Jez is just barely able to hang on to her handholds. In fact, when Jez looks back down at her hands it appears she’s actually gouged some tears in the wood wall itself.

As she ponders this she hears shouts coming from inside.


Jez stares at the gouged wood for a moment as she hangs there. What the frak? How the... Jez notices the condition of her fatigues. Her Arismal Defense Force fatigues. Her working uniform from the fleet. From home. That little retch. For a brief moment, Jez's unbridled fury and sense of loss dominates her. She's almost ready to launch herself over the sill and blast the girl when her reason finally restrains her passions. She's just a scared, little girl. Instead of unloading a magazine of rounds into the kid, Jez simply hangs where she is and calls out to the kid. "Listen to the other girls, Inannaina. And I'm okay out here. Don't feel bad. I didn't mean to scare you. I was just snooping."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:56 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 99
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 4

Detect Ambush 65%=1d100 = 41

Force Field: 140/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC

Analoy takes Kat's offered rifle and gives her a nod before going to check on Jez at the window. At the window, Analoy gives Jez a grin as she sees the other woman hanging onto the building like a spider on a wall, "Um, okay....Best to let just one person talk to the girl. Too many and we'll just scare her." Analoy holsters her net gun and cradles Kat's rifle as she talks to Jez, "I'd say whatever took her people is gone from here for now. You want me to stay here and back up Kat or do you wanna come in and do it? Either way, it might be nice if the rest of us feed and water their animals and bury the dead ones. Best case, they have livestock when we find them. Worst case, we can sell the animals and use the money to set up the girl." Analoy gives a shrug, letting Jez know its just an idea and ultimately her call as to what they do. Left alone to die. Sounds like my story, but everyone else is just gone. No death or destruction like my farm. Just this girl and neglected animals.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:14 am

(rolls held over)

All for use in scouting the town:
Detect Ambush ☞ 80% / 1d100 = 7
Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 33
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons ☞ 73% / 1d100 = 53
Intelligence ☞ 74% / 1d100 = 92
Detect Concealment ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 44
Tracking: People 35% / 1d100 = 26
Salvage ☞ 45% / 1d100 = 33

Jez looks up as Analoy's face peeks over the edge of the window sill. What a stunning portrait of a fearless and competent leader I must paint hanging here like an imbecile. Jez smiles. "You and Kat handle the discussion. You're already there. Adding new faces would likely only scare the girl." Jez lets go of the wood and allows herself to drop to the street. She keys her mic. "I'm going to investigate the town. Susan and Cordelia, follow along. Cordelia, document what we see. Susan, you put your skills to use in understanding what we see. I'll do the same from my own skill set. Fi, Corrigan...find a way to be useful. Maybe find out if this town has a forge or something, eh?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Fiona » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 43/23%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 28
Conditions: None

Fiona flinches a little as the wall of the inn explodes, before pointing her gun back in that direction. "What the hell is going on up there?" Fiona says over the radio, while considering if she should move from her spot or not. No one has said to move so I guess I stay here for the time being. Fiona thinks as she does a quick visual sweep of the area.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:31 am

[Rolls Held]

Analoy gives Jez a nod, "You got it Boss." She watches the other woman drop from the building's wall to the ground below, then turns and puts a smile on his face that she hopes can be heard in her voice as she turns back into the room and responds to Kat's comment. Raising her voice to be heard by the little girl across the room and on the other side of the bathroom door, she says, "I sure do have some eats. There are meat pies in the cruiser; beef steak, carrots, onions, celery, peas and potatoes in a crispy crust. I can warm them in a jiffy and bring them to you Sweetie. Us powered up girls gotta help each other out. Sweetie, some of the animals in town look in pretty bad shape. If you wanna help, I think I'm gonna go feed and water them in a bit"

Either way, Analoy makes her way to the far end of the room, back to by the stairs, stomping along so the girl knows she's moving away from the bathroom.
Last edited by Analoy on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Corrigan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Perception: I'll edit this post later when I'm not at a client site, based on the new rules. I need to figure that out.
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 17
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 30
Init: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 10

Corrigan sticks her finger in her ear to make her earpiece more audible and nods once or twice to Jezebel's voice.

"Sure thing, Boss. Fi, you want to come with me?"

There is a little pause.

She can hear about as well as anyone else can.

"An' if you need someone to babysit the tyke, I'll handle that for you after we get back. Bit of experience there."

She clears her throat.

"C'mon, Fi. Let's head up the street. Place has to have some kind of shop or maintenance place."

Corrigan totally looks for it, using the butt end of her rifle as a walking stick while she walks -- waiting for Fiona to catch up first. She's been to a few places like this. Perhaps she can reason out the most likely places to look.

Skill Roll | Salvage | Target: 65 | 1d100 = 76 | Intention: Spot where there are most likely to be maintenance or forge related items based on the layout of the town. Where's the sensible place to look? | FAIL
Skill Roll | Find Contraband | Target: 44 | 1d100 = 34 | Intention: Find likely places for important stuff in 'likely' unlikely places. | PASS
User avatar
Corrigan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:10 pm
Location: MercTown

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:51 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 27

Cordelia jumped up and excitedly hurries toward Jez jumped to in front of the Inn. She stopped and pulled out a note pad and made a few notes about the occurrences so far.
"Did you see a radio in there? I was hoping we could check and see if anyone tried to radio for help."
I hope that leads to a clue because I got nothing.
Cordelia then stopped and took a couple of pictures of the wrecked front of the Inn.
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Fiona » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:08 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Corrigan wrote:"C'mon, Fi. Let's head up the street. Place has to have some kind of shop or maintenance place."


Fiona shrugs her shoulders and moves from behind her truck. "They likely do, even if it's just to fix old tractors or whatnot." Fiona says as she catches up with Corrigan. "It's more than a little strange that the whole town has gone missing. I really hope they're alright and that we'll find them in time." Fiona says a hint of concern in her voice.

As the duo wanders down the street, Fiona stretches out with her psychic senses and looks for a few pieces of information.

Telemechanics: I.S.P.: 0, Range: up to 5 feet, Duration: 36 minutes, Skill: 1d100 = 59/92% (Just using to sense if there is any strange mechanical devices that maybe she can't see in her investigation.)
Electrokinesis: Sense Electricity: I.S.P.: 2, Range: 80 feet, Duration: 2 minutes, Skill: 1d100 = 36/70% (Failure means Fiona only senses 1d6*10 = 20% of electrical devices in range. (Again using it to sense if there is any strange electrical devices that maybe she can't see in her investigation)
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:57 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
8:41am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
28 degrees F (projected high of 46)



Kat/Analoy

As Kat tries to talk to the little girl, she cringes as she hears Susan’s augmented voice from outside. In fact, everyone else can hear Susan as well.

Susan Lee wrote:Susan says with vocal enhancement, "Tiny girl, we are here to help. I am a doctor. These other people are also here to help. We are the good guys... women. Are you a mutant?"


Shaking off the minor annoyance she tries to get the girl out of her hiding place.

Kat Porter wrote:"Excuse me, miss. Didn't your parents teach you a little better manners than that? You at least ask what someone is doing here before yelling at them to go away." Kat says the last part with all the authority of someone who has a very onry little brother who Kat had to play parent for while their mother was confined to her wheelchair.

Whether or not the door opens, Kat continues. "We're here looking for Mister Sully. His cousin Fixer, from MercTown asked us to check on him. He hadn't heard from him in a while. If you could tell us what happened here, we'll be glad to go look for him, and your parents. You can stay in the bathroom for all I care and talk through the door, but my tattooed friend Analoy out here is a really good cook, and I bet you need something warm to eat."


“Only bad people come here now,” the scared voice from behind the door responds. “They look for stuff. They look for people who didn’t walk away. Who didn’t hear the call. I don’t want to go with them. Please don’t make me!”

Analoy wrote:Raising her voice to be heard by the little girl across the room and on the other side of the bathroom door, she says, "I sure do have some eats. There are meat pies in the cruiser; beef steak, carrots, onions, celery, peas and potatoes in a crispy crust. I can warm them in a jiffy and bring them to you Sweetie. Us powered up girls gotta help each other out. Sweetie, some of the animals in town look in pretty bad shape. If you wanna help, I think I'm gonna go feed and water them in a bit"


They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. It’s that way with kids at times too. Like this one.

The door creaks open just a bit as the girl peeks out. “Meat pies? I *am* kinda hungry.” She’s still obviously very nervous/scared but it’s pretty clear she hasn’t had a good meal in a while.


Outside

Jez overcomes her extraterrestrial temper and drops back to the ground in order to do a recon of the village as Susan and Cordelia follow along documenting their findings -- or rather, the lack thereof. There are no signs of forced entry. The only sign of violence is the blown-out window where Jez was climbing. Spoiled food lie on kitchen tables, half eaten. A few beds look to be disturbed (where someone lying in them would have gotten up and not made it back up afterwards) but most are nice and neat. The group makes a full sweep of the town and finds various other electrical devices left on (like radios), doors standing open, gates unsecured, and so on. The entire town looks almost as if everyone had just suddenly up and left.

Meanwhile, Fiona and Corrigan come across the blacksmith/repair shop a few blocks away. This is easily the most high-tech spot in the town, as Fiona’s psychic probings easily confirm. It looks pretty capable of handling repairs ranging from shoeing horses to repairing energy weapons and all points in between. Of particular interest is an old, beat-up Wastelander motorcycle that’s currently in the repair bay connected to a diagnostic computer. The computer has been left on.
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 75
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 84

What the frak? Where did everyone go? Jez's mood starts to sour. I frakking hate mysteries. You can't punch or shoot a mystery to solve it. Once Cordelia and Susan are done with whatever they need to do, and Jez will be impatient about this, she starts to march back to where they left the vehicles and the TR-004. Speaking to the two women, she's open and frank. "I've no clue what happened here, but I can say what didn't happen here. The village was not attacked. The villagers were not coerced or kidnapped. I can say with certainty that the villagers left on their own accord. Why they left, that's the damnable mystery. Iblis only knows their reasoning. Susan? Cordelia? Conjecture? Observations?" The more she tries to think of why ordinary people would voluntarily leave town all of a sudden, the more she can only focus on one of two possible explanations: either there was a large, perceived danger from which they all fled, or they all got mind-frakked by some unknown force.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 82
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 62

Susan takes a long, slow look at Jez - a full second. "That's a fairly limited designation of both 'attack' and 'kidnap' I'd say that what we're seeing suggests that the locals were likely not attacked by a solely technology-based enemy, nor a brute-force category supernatural threat. Which means my zombies prediction was probably incorrect."

She looks sad for a split second, then takes a deep breath. "This doesn't rule out an attack. All it means is that the attack is probably mystical or psychic in nature. It could be MIND CONTROL OR SOME KIND OF PLANT SPORES OR DEMONIC POSSESSION OR THE PIED PIPER OF HAMLIN OR SOMEONE INFLICTING MADNESS OR ALIENS USING A MACHINE THAT TURNS BRAINS INTO BEES. There are SO MANY terrible possibilities - all we really know is that it happened quickly. And... is the little girl the only one with psionic abilities in this village? If so, we're likely looking at a psionic or mental attack."
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Corrigan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:26 pm

Perception: Still haven't had time to study the new perception rules in detail. Hoping to get it tonight or tomorrow after all posting is done.
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 4
JIC #2: 1d100 | [dice]1d100[/dice
Init: 1d20+2 | [dice]1d20+2[/dice]

Corrigan at first appears unaffected by the unease that's creeping into her and making the little hairs on the back of her neck stand up.

This is bloody creepy. Looks like they all just buggered off in an emergency or got stolen or something. Bugger.

"Boss." Corrigan transmits over her radio. "Weird and weirder. What do you see there? We're seeing all over that people just ... bucked off an' didn't come back. Left things like they were going to come right back. Gates open an's tuff. Found what looks like an Operator's shop though, five blocks east. We're checking it out."

She's holding her rifle tighter and waiting for Fiona to make sure that tthey are neary each other. Wouldn't do to have one of them jumped now would it?

"What really doesn't make any sense is it don't look like anyone pilfered anything. There's a bike here with a computer still on."

"Really hope you aren't sayin' that where she can hear you out loud." She adds to Susan.

"What do you make of all this?" She asks Fi. "I don't understand why people'd leave and not take their things, or why the place hasn't been looted."
User avatar
Corrigan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:10 pm
Location: MercTown

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:48 pm

Perception 71%: 1d100 = 26
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC d100: 1d100 = 78

Kat makes no sudden moves when the girl opens the door. "Yeah, we got plenty of food in the vehicle. Wash up and we'll bring something inside for you." Kat shoots Analoy a look that would say 'go do that now', but that may be muddled somewhat by the helmet with full tinted visor the City Rat is wearing.

Kat's mind flashes back to a hot day on the planet Inculta. People being called away, bad people coming around. This sounds like some deevil mindfuck bullshit. The image of a poor fellow's brains being splattered around the pilot's compartment of a Naruni Pathfinder comes to Kat's internal vision, and she shakes her head slightly as if to shake the image away. Let's try to keep everyone alive today.

After that, Kat gets off her knees and walks back downstairs, right hand on her Naruni hand-cannon in half preparation for an hostile surprise. Kat gets on the horn, clicking on the suit's radio with a thought via her datajack. "Keep your eyes open girls. The youngster said, something quote 'called' unquote, everyone away from town, and she didn't want to go along. Also, quote 'bad people' unquote, are the only ones to come to town since everyone else left. They've been coming to quote 'take stuff' unquote. In case that 'calling' the girl is talking about is some kinda mind control or shit like that, get in your Naruni armor and keep your lid on if you paid for the psychic protection feature. And detain anyone who begins acting weird.... After about half a second Kat adds "...er. Or tries to take off."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:52 am

ROLLS HELD

Is Corrigan spying on our conversation through the helmet radios? Is she psychic?

In response to Kat's message, Susan radios, "If it's spores, we should be safe inside the EBAs. If it's an actual auditory effect, maybe we can set up some kind of white-noise style interference. Otherwise, we'll have to depend on the Naruni psi-shields. In all cases, it is probably that Corrigan is more vulnerable to compromise. We should keep a careful eye on her. I did find a violin and some music, but I can't identify the piece."
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Fiona » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 16
Conditions: Telemechanics (35 minutes); Electrokenisis: Sense Electricity (1 minute)

Computer Operations: 1d100 = 34/79%
Speed Reading (2 I.S.P., Duration: 24 minutes; 30 pages per minutes (15 pages per minutes if Technical))

Fiona is very confused as to the situation in town. So they left as if called it seems, but either they thought they were going to come right back, or they weren't in control of themselves. Fiona thinks as she looks at the diagnostic computer. "Let's take a look at the computer here." Fiona says as she quickly scans the information. Fiona's brain begins to process the pages faster and faster.

Corrigan wrote:"What do you make of all this?" She asks Fi. "I don't understand why people'd leave and not take their things, or why the place hasn't been looted."


Fiona thinks for a moment. "Something called them... That's my guess. As to what, I don't know yet. I'm gonna see if the Operator here made any notes of something strange towards the end." Fiona says before continuing. "See if there is anything obviously out of place here. The owner seemed to be relatively organized."
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:19 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 25
JIC: 1d20 = 3
JIC: 1d100 = 35

Cordelia is racking her brain.
"This sounds so familiar. It sounds like a syren song type of scenario. I may have to go to the Salamander and check some books to see if i can find a reference to this. I just cant remember if I read this in a text book or a novel.

Cordelia turns back to her vehicle and starts to check her writings of Erin Tarn for any mention of something that sounds like what has happened to the village.
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:05 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 76
JIC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 41


Force Field: 139/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC

Analoy gives a nod in return when Kat's helmeted face turns her way at the mention of food. It doesn't take an idiot to know we're trying to lure this little girl out with food. Giving Kat a nod, Analoy says, "I'll go warm a few things up and meet you downstairs in the common room. If the little one hasn't joined you there, I'll bring it back up here."

With that said, Analoy holsters her netgun and makes her way back downstairs and then out to the Salamander. Once in the food storage area of the Salamander, Analoy pulls out a few of the meat pies she made back at the base out of the vehicles refrigerator and puts them in the microwave to take the chill off them. She gives the broil button on the small over in the kitchenette a hard look, Speed over quality. I'd really like to toss these in there for a few minutes to crisp them up.

When the microwave beeps, Analoy pulls them out and wraps them up with a few paper towels, before heading back into the inn.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:00 pm

ROLLS HELD

It takes Susan a few minutes to register what else Corrigan said, through the Boing-Go. "Wait, there's a still-running computer?!? That's obviously an APOCALYPTIC LOG. We HAVE to watch it, but... if the danger is audible, we should put it on mute, with subtitles... Also, does anyone know anything about playing the violin?"
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:05 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 13
JIC: 1d100 = 96

Cordelia lets her eyes dance as she she reads.
"My best guess would be a Mind Melter. They are normally not this powerful but this area has some uncharted areas of intense magic that could boost their abilities. Considering whatever did this did not affect the obviously psi powered little girl..."
what if it is the girl...

"Im going to keep reading just in case"
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:04 pm

(Rolls Held)

Kat is a little worried about the junkie scientist they signed up. "Man, fucking Boing-Go." The City Rat announces to the empty common room.

Kat proceeds to poke around the downstairs areas she didn't get to before being distracted by the girl upstairs, hand on the pistol on her hip.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:45 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
8:45am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
29 degrees F (projected high of 46)



"Hellooooo, computer..."

Fiona sits down at the computer and begins rifling through the files. The one that's currently open is the work file on the Wastelander that's sitting nearby -- with Sullivan (Sulley) Jones listed as the owner. According to the mechanic's notes he brought it in complaining of a slow throttle response even after changing out the air and fuel filters. The mechanic indicated a suspicion that the issue might lie with the carburetor. Glancing over at the bike Fiona can see that the mechanic had already started the process of removing the part but hadn't fully gotten it off the engine yet.

As she digs further, it's clear the mechanic (Thomas Czervowski) is very meticulous in his logs. Every repair job is described in detail whether it's for one of the Cadiz residents or for the infrequent traveler who happens through town and is in need of assistance. There are several minor tickets for various small item repairs, from radio antennas to generators to the walk-in freezer at the Real Geese -- nothing really out of the ordinary. The most recent completed vehicular work file is for a "Bella Venezia," a scholar from MercTown who needed a tire/wheel repair about six weeks ago. It took a full week to get the needed parts from MercTown, and Bella stayed about a week after the repairs were complete. Czervowski's notes are particularly extensive on her vehicle, stating that it was the first time he had ever gotten a close-up look at a TW Zone Ranger and while he couldn't wrap his head around the magical enchantments he was more than capable of handling what she needed fixed. He also noted that while Bella was definitely easy on the eyes he was far more interested in her vehicle.

Corrigan offers up her two creds' worth over the radio before having a look around. Like most 'cottage industry' businesses, the first floor of the building is given over almost entirely to the smithing forge and the repair shop with living quarters on the second floor. As far as she can tell, however, everything seems to be in order.

((OOC: Corrigan -- please have your Perception skill updated by your next post. You never know when something vital gets overlooked because of no perception roll... muhuhahahaaaaa...))



"I'm a doctor, not a..."

Meanwhile, Jez confers with Susan and Cordelia as to the nature of what may have happened here. With the obvious possibilities of military attack or other form of violence ruled out, the discussion winds around to those based upon magical or psychic abilities (and none of them are particularly pleasant). Or, as Susan reasons, it could have a sort of audio cue as she polls the group to see if anyone is able to play the violin she found. Cordelia begins consulting her library for references on similar scenarios. There are several variations upon the classic story of the Pied Piper of Hamlin, with the children being led away by mechanisms ranging from music to candy to video games to magic spells. The more she reads, the stronger the anecdotal evidence builds for a case of the townspeople being 'called away' somehow.



"There is a way out of every box, a solution to every puzzle; it's just a matter of finding it..."

Kat checks the downstairs more thoroughly while leaving the survivor to Analoy's care. As she can take more time to examine her surroundings now, she notices that the place has indeed been looted -- just not in the way one would usually think. While a lot of the 'big ticket items' such as radios/electronics/etc don't appear to have been touched the food stores are completely empty. Most of the kitchen utensils and flatware/silverware are gone as well. At least that's what it looks like -- an inn/tavern at the very least should have a lot more than what she finds.

Analoy doesn't notice the lack of food/utensils as she heads to the Salamander to prepare a morning snack to lure out the child. She returns with savory meat pies and makes it to the bottom of the stairs to find the girl at the top looking down. "Those smell really good..." she says shyly. "Can I please have some? I haven't had anything hot to eat in a long time."

A few minutes later she's sitting at a table downstairs with Analoy eating meat pies like she hasn't had anything to eat in a week (she looks rather malnourished too, which wouldn't be surprising if what she said about not having any warm food for a while is true). "I'm Becky. This is Newt." She holds up her stuffed animal. "Thank you for the pies, they're really good." She's still somewhat wary of the group, but she's starting to warm up to the Maxi-Gal... which of course leads to a barrage of questions that children are known for.

"Who are you?"
"Where are you from?"
"You're not one of the bad people, are you?"
"Is that your robot I saw through the window?"
"Where did you get all those tattoos?"
"Do you get cold going outside with so few clothes on?"
"Can you hear the call too?"
"Why is your doctor friend outside so loud?"
"Do you know where my mommy and daddy went?"
"Have you seen my brother Casey?"
"Is the lady at the window okay? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt her. You scared me."




“Everyone remember where we parked...”

Cordelia's psychedelic Salamander, Fiona's truck and Jez's bot are parked outside the Real Geese. The blacksmith/repair shop is further along the 'main road' that passes through Cadiz.

((OOC: Once again I'm reminded of how inconsistently Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Palladium's concept of size can be. The vehicles are to scale in relation to each other and roughly to scale on the map.))
Cadiz Map 03-27-18.jpg




What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:49 pm

Perception 71%: 1d100 = 59
JIC d20: 1d20 = 18
JIC d100: 1d100 = 48

Definitely not what I'd take, unless this place used real silver for it's plates and forks.

Walking up to the table with the Analoy and the kid, Kat blurts out. "None of the home electronics are gone, just food and dishes. Not what I'd loot. Maybe if I were a kid left alone, like over a month ago." The City Rat-turned modern cowboy leans her lever action Naruni carbine against a nearby table, adjusts the hand cannons on her hips, takes a seat, and then kicks her legs up onto the table. "How long has it been since everyone left? Did you eat all the food here?"
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 14
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 48

Boing-Go Bored

Susan starts humming the Sorceror's Apprentice to herself. "It increasingly seems like this may be a Pied Piper situation. No one is able to tell me what piece of music this is one the notes here? Oh well. Perhaps they took the townsfolk to the mines, since we're meant to also examine a problem there. I should patrol or...?"

She looks away for a moment.

"CAN I SCAN THE GIRL'S DNA?!?"
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:28 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 66


Force Field: 135/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC

Analoy smiles as she come back in with the meat pies and sets them on the table. "Sure, you can have as many of them as you want." She smiles and nods as Becky names herself and her little stuffed friend. "Well, Its good to meet you Becky...and you to Newt." Her smile gets a little sad as she remember her own lost childhood and hopes that they can find everyone and Becky won't have a similar situation.

Analoy chuckles a little as Becky hits her with a barrage of questions. "Well, lets see if I can answer all those. Let me know if I miss one." She gives the girl another smile, "My name's Analoy. My friends and I came out of Merctown this morning. Mr. Jones asked us to come out here because his cousin, Sulley, hasn't been radioing him like normal. Do you know him? He's a lumberjack and carpenter."

Analoy chuckles again, "Whether I'm a good or bad person is for you to decide. But my friends and I didn't take the towns folk. That's why we're glad we found you. So you eat and I'll answer you're questions and then I'd like you to tell me what happened here. I might have some questions after that if that's okay?" Analoy smiles and pauses for a moment. Her eyes flick up to the ceiling as she thinks about the questions the girl asked, "Okay, where were we. Oh yes, the robot. No, that's not mine. That belongs to my friend Jez. She was the one at the window And she's just fine. My tattoos, I got them here and there over the years." Analoy points to the Heart with the Large Wings in the middle of her chest, "This one is new." She runs a couple fingers over it, but she doesn't activate it. "The cloak keeps me warm enough." If I show her what my tattoos can do it might secure her trust but I really should save my juice until we know what we're really dealing with here.

Analoy leans in a little with Becky asks about the loud doctor, "That is a very good question and I bet Jez is going to ask her that as well. I don't know what call your talking about so I'd have to say I don't hear it, which I'd kinda glad about, cuz then I wouldn't have met you." Her smile is a little sad again, "But no Sweetie, we don't know where any of the townsfolk are, except you. And we need your help to find them."

Analoy stops and lets the girl eat. When Kat walks over Analoy says, "Odd indeed, but a very good sign that the town's people were er, relocated for some reason." She refrains from saying that it could mean the people weren't killed outright and she hopes Kat gets the idea too. "I think Becky and Newt here were just about to tell us their story."

Analoy turns back to Becky with a smile and a questioning expression, "Can you tell me what happened? Anything and everything you can remember. No matter how silly it seems and then my friends and I will do everything we can to get your mom, dad, Casey and everyone else back." Then Analoy just sits and waits quietly for Becky to tell her story. If anyone else comes over tot he table, Analoy wil motion for them to either go away or sit down and be quiet.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:43 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 93
JIC: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 49
Sensory Equipment ☞ 90% (merged) / 1d100 = 5 (to use the TR's sensors to detect anything of note during her search)
Detect Concealment ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 6 (looking for visual signs of camouflage or the like)

Townsend wrote:Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
8:45am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
29 degrees F (projected high of 46)


Meanwhile, Jez confers with Susan and Cordelia as to the nature of what may have happened here. With the obvious possibilities of military attack or other form of violence ruled out, the discussion winds around to those based upon magical or psychic abilities (and none of them are particularly pleasant). Or, as Susan reasons, it could have a sort of audio cue as she polls the group to see if anyone is able to play the violin she found. Cordelia begins consulting her library for references on similar scenarios. There are several variations upon the classic story of the Pied Piper of Hamlin, with the children being led away by mechanisms ranging from music to candy to video games to magic spells. The more she reads, the stronger the anecdotal evidence builds for a case of the townspeople being 'called away' somehow.

Susan Lee wrote:Susan starts humming the Sorceror's Apprentice to herself. "It increasingly seems like this may be a Pied Piper situation. No one is able to tell me what piece of music this is one the notes here? Oh well. Perhaps they took the townsfolk to the mines, since we're meant to also examine a problem there. I should patrol or...?" She looks away for a moment. "CAN I SCAN THE GIRL'S DNA?!?"

Cordelia wrote:Cordelia puts the textbooks down and rubs her eyes. I need more to go on. I'm just grasping at straws here. She turns to the doctor. "Got anything with the music? Maybe if we find a piano or something we can at least try." Just keep her from going at the little girl with a swab. "I can't play but I know the notes and scale progression enough that maybe we could at least figure it out." I guess the only other option is to check out the mine.


As the group walks back towards The Real Geese, Jez shakes her head. This is all speculation. There is a missing population of people. Military doctrine in such cases is simple: conduct a search. We've already searched the immediate scene and verified their absence. The next thing to do is a focused search, and to sweep the countryside. "We need to conduct a search. Susan, Cordelia, find out where this mine is located, and head there to check it out. Maybe grab Fi and Corrigan to join you if they've not found anything useful in town. I'm going to climb back in my bot and conduct an expanding search of the general area. If you find anything of interest, radio me and I'll rejoin you ASAP. Good luck." Jez takes off at a run for her TR-004. While running, she radios the rest of the group to let them know what's up. Once inside the TR, she'll begin running the bot in a clockwise sweep of the countryside starting at a mile out from town and expanding a mile with each sweep.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:17 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 15

Cordelia puts the textbooks down and rubs her eyes.
I need more to go on. Im just grasping at straws here.
She turns to the Dr. "Got anything with the music? Maybe if we find a piano or something we can at least try."
Just keep her from going at the little girl with a swab.
"I cant play but I know the notes and scale progression enough that maybe we could at least figure it out."
I guess the only other option is to check out the mine.
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:36 pm

Analoy wrote:
Analoy stops and lets the girl eat. When Kat walks over Analoy says, "Odd indeed, but a very good sign that the town's people were er, relocated for some reason." She refrains from saying that it could mean the people weren't killed outright and she hopes Kat gets the idea too. "I think Becky and Newt here were just about to tell us their story."


"Don't let me interrupt story time then, I'll just listen in." Good job bonding with the kid, Analoy. Now get that info out of her.

Analoy wrote: Analoy turns back to Becky with a smile and a questioning expression, "Can you tell me what happened? Anything and everything you can remember. No matter how silly it seems and then my friends and I will do everything we can to get your mom, dad, Casey and everyone else back." Then Analoy just sits and waits quietly for Becky to tell her story. If anyone else comes over to the table, Analoy will motion for them to either go away or sit down and be quiet.


Well, really we're only looking for Cousin Sully, but helping out some other people while earning a payday, that's some high-quality icing for the cake. Damnit I wish this was just a busted radio or some local strongmen like I was hoping. We still got the MercOps job to do. Anything interesting the girl has to say will likely interrupt Kat's surface thoughts. While one cant be certain of these things, it's probably best the City Rat's generally dark thoughts are concealed behind Naruni manufactured psionic barrier.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Next

Return to G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest