First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:36 am

Jezebel wrote:Post in progress
As the group walks back towards The Real Geese, Jez shakes her head. This is all speculation. There is a missing population of people. Military doctrine in such cases is simple: conduct a search. We've already searched the immediate scene and verified their absence. The next thing to do is a focused search, and to sweep the countryside. "We need to conduct a search. Susan, Cordelia, find out where this mine is located, and head there to check it out. Maybe grab Fi and Corrigan to join you if they've not found anything useful in town. I'm going to climb back in my bot and conduct an expanding search of the general area. If you find anything of interest, radio me and I'll rejoin you ASAP. Good luck." Jez takes off at a run for her TR-004. While running, she radios the rest of the group to let them know what's up. Once inside the TR, she'll begin running the bot in a clockwise sweep of the countryside starting at a mile out from town and expanding a mile with each sweep.

Susan salutes Jezebel. "Understood. Can Analoy come too? Corrigan, Fiona, want to come look at the mine with us? I imagine that if there's trouble it will be more useful for people with more military experience to be in place. We'll get the girl's DNA later."

Susan tries to get her Naruni computer to play the music from the violin sheet, if it can even do that. "Computer - play this music. Do it!"
Computer Operation: 1d100 = 1 / 53%

To Cordelia, she says, "Is there no piano in the inn? I've always seen a piano in saloons in the trids."

When everyone's ready/formed up, Susan is good to go to the mine.
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Townsend » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:26 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
8:50am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
29 degrees F (projected high of 46)

Conversation at Breakfast

Kat Porter wrote:The City Rat-turned modern cowboy leans her lever action Naruni carbine against a nearby table, adjusts the hand cannons on her hips, takes a seat, and then kicks her legs up onto the table. "How long has it been since everyone left? Did you eat all the food here?"

Becky shakes her head as she takes a big bite. “Nunh-unh, not me,” she says with way too much food in her mouth. Once she’s had a chance to chew and swallow she adds, “That was the bad people. They came and got most of the food. It’s been real hard to find something to eat the past few days.”

Susan Lee wrote:Susan starts humming the Sorcerer's Apprentice to herself. "It increasingly seems like this may be a Pied Piper situation. No one is able to tell me what piece of music this is one the notes here? Oh well. Perhaps they took the townsfolk to the mines, since we're meant to also examine a problem there. I should patrol or...?"

She looks away for a moment.

"CAN I SCAN THE GIRL'S DNA?!?"

The girl’s eyes go wide at Susan’s loud outburst, but she settles back down a bit when she sees the sheet music the doctor’s waving around. “Hey, where’d you get that? I think that’s Master Roshi’s. He likes to play his fiddle on the roof of his house in the evenings. He plays real good too.”

Susan’s fingers fly over the controls of her mini-computer, but the only clue it reveals is that the language it’s written in matches up with samples of Dragonese. And while it’s capable of playing music files the computer doesn’t have a scanner for the sheet music. There’s also no piano there at the Real Geese, only a tabletop jukebox loaded up with a full assortment of both kinds of music: country AND western.

Meanwhile, Becky continues to warm up to Analoy. “Well, you sure seem like you're not with the bad people. You're taller. And you're nice, like Mister Sulley. He's funny too -- he likes singing when he's chopping wood. Momma asked him to make a bed for Newt before everyone started leaving. But the first people to leave were Bernard and Bianca. She said she had a ‘lead’ on something important so they left out about three weeks ago. Then the nice scholar lady after her truck got fixed. It wasn’t long after that that people started hearing the call. They just got up and left. Some got in their vehicles and left, some just walked. Master Roshi said he could hear it in his mind too, but he could block it out when he tried. He tried real hard, but he got too tired and walked away about a week ago. He was the last one here besides me. I dunno what the call is, I can’t hear it like Master Roshi could. He said it was one of my gifts, that my mind shuts out stuff like that before I know it’s there.”

Meanwhile, in the Mechanic’s Shop

Fiona and Corrigan continue their search of the premises until Jez calls for them to meet up with Susan and Cordelia at the mine.

It’s a Clean Sweep

Jez returns to her robot and conducts a sweep of the surrounding area. Between her sweeping and the others consulting the notes Fixer gave them, it isn’t long before the group finds the town’s coal mine located just north of the outskirts (on the larger road heading out of town to the north). Becky pleads for Analoy to stay at the Geese with her -- failing that she begs to come along with her. Clearly Analoy has made a close friend with her meat pies.

It’s nothing extraordinary by any stretch of the imagination, but anyone who enters the mine and makes her perception roll notices that just about all of the tools (shovels/picks/etc.) and most of the man-portable equipment is missing.

What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

"...and now they work for me."
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Analoy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:27 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 59
JIC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 15

Force Field: 130/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC

Analoy smiles at Becky and Newt, "I'm sorry Sweetie, but my friends need me to help. So you just stick close to me and if I start acting like I hear this call, you do you're best to snap me out of it." Frak, sounds like a psychic power or something. Becky must be psychic too or she has some kinda mind block power. Makes me wish I had one of the tattoos that covered this kind of thing. Well, lets hope Becky can keep me safe.

Analoy repeats Becky's story to Jez and the others in hopes that something stands out to them. Then she turns back to Becky, "Just how tall were the bad people?" She stands up, Where would they come up to on me? Was there anything else different about them?" When Becky answers that question, Analoy says, "You're doing great Sweetie. No remind me, who are Bernard and Bianca? And what do they do here in the town?"

When Becky finishes answering, Analoy asks her to stay put for a moment. Then moves over to where she can talk with the others without worrying Becky. "It sounds like this Bernard and Bianca or maybe the scholar stirred up something and a psi power was used to draw the towns folk away. That Master Roshi should have called for help if he was able to resist the call, at least at the start." She looks around at the other member of the group, "What did you guys find on your search?"
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:48 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 33
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 58
Sensory Equipment ☞ 90% / 1d100 = 41 (merged)

Jez doesn't bother to dismount from her TR upon reaching the mine. This could be an errant lead, best maintain maximum mobility for the time being. Instead of getting out and directly inspecting the mine, she uses the TR's incredibly diverse array of sensors to inspect the mine from its opening. In addition, she uses the TR's external audio pick-ups to listen in for sounds emanating from the mine in case there are any. Still at the mine entrance, Jez, upon hearing the recounting of the girl's story from Analoy, chirps on the radio in response to her. "Ask the child which direction people went when they were leaving town. I'm at the mine presently, but we've no way of knowing if this is the direction the townsfolk headed when they heard this 'call,' you know? Better to not waste any more time. Better to find out which direction they went at least before searching any further."

If Susan or Cordelia so desire, Jez will be fine with them riding in the backseats of the TR for greater mobility. The sight of the ends of Jezebel's hands being actually merged into the console in the cockpit might freak them out a bit though.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 am

Stupid Computer
Perception: 1d100 = 4
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 54

Incredibly disappointed with the computer, Susan nods to the little girl, "That makes sense, I found it on the roof. Can you keep it safe for him, while we rescue him and the rest of your neighbors?" She then hands the little girl the violin, but NOT the sheet music. That's for later. "You have such pretty hair," she says, reaching out to touch it and, casually, keep any that happen to brush off.

Over the radio, "Based on our protege, this sounds like a mental domination attack of some kind. Sorry Corrigan, you'll be our coalmine canary, since you're without advanced psionic dampers. Can anyone track? If a bunch of people all headed out of town in the same direction, they probably left a trail. And considering how much detritus they left here, there might even be a Hansel/Gretel breadcrumbs situation, but with clothes or similar."

Susan politely declines Jezebel's offer. "I'm so jazzed up, gotta get out and move! But I'll run alongside you!"

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Fiona » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3; 1d100 = 34
Conditions: None.

Fiona takes one last look at the Computer before getting up from the stool in front of it. "I wonder if he was right about the carburetor?" Fiona asks absentmindedly. Shrugging her shoulders, Fiona steps out of the Operator's Shop and makes her way back to the others. Fiona's mind continues to mull over pieces of what she's seen, but the Irony is that all of her thoughts keep going back to the unfinished bike. From her observations of the Operator through his workspace and his meticulous notes, it would have to have been a powerful compulsion to pull him away from his work.

Once back to the others. "Damn strange place this is, and whatever compulsion dragged them away was strong as can be. And I would say likely psychic in nature. Though that's just from personal observations versus education." Fiona says with almost a sigh. "So what's the plan now?"
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cordelia » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51
JIC: 1d20 = 12

"Susan, did your computer say the sheet music matches some dragonese. May I see it, maybe I can read it. In the mean time lets get to the mine. I'm out of leads here .

This master have left a message, If he sounds as cool as the kid lets on

Cordelia is now just hoping to get a lead. Not knowing is worse than anything. But the mine may hold the answer and she wants pictures from inside the robot.
Cordelia

Postby Townsend » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:10 pm

8:52am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
30 degrees F (projected high of 46)

Analoy wrote:Analoy smiles at Becky and Newt, "I'm sorry Sweetie, but my friends need me to help. So you just stick close to me and if I start acting like I hear this call, you do your best to snap me out of it."

Judging by the expression on Becky’s face, she doesn’t seem to be too thrilled with the idea of going anywhere… but she nods slowly in between bites. “Okay,” she finally croaks out.

Susan Lee wrote: Incredibly disappointed with the computer, Susan nods to the little girl, "That makes sense, I found it on the roof. Can you keep it safe for him, while we rescue him and the rest of your neighbors?" She then hands the little girl the violin, but NOT the sheet music. That's for later. "You have such pretty hair," she says, reaching out to touch it and, casually, keep any that happen to brush off. [/b]

“Okay,” Becky nods as she takes it. “I’ll take good care of it. He’s been showing me how to play -- he told me he’ll get me one of my own on my next birthday.” She flinches slightly as Susan reaches out to stroke her hair, but Susan’s able to get a few stray strands before heading out to run alongside Jez’s bot. Cordelia, on the other hand, climbs aboard the robot and makes herself comfortable before taking pictures.

From Jez’s vantage point outside the mine, she can see both with her own eyes and the bot’s cameras that the road going past the coal mine shows a lot of use. It doesn’t take a wilderness scout to guess that several vehicles continued along the road to the north/northeast. From Susan's lower-angle vantage point she is able to confirm that observation as well as confirm that just about all of the mining tools (shovels/picks/etc.) and most of the man-portable equipment is missing from within.

Analoy wrote:Analoy repeats Becky's story to Jez and the others in hopes that something stands out to them. Then she turns back to Becky, "Just how tall were the bad people?" She stands up, Where would they come up to on me? Was there anything else different about them?" When Becky answers that question, Analoy says, "You're doing great Sweetie. No remind me, who are Bernard and Bianca? And what do they do here in the town?"

“They were short, about that tall…” Becky points to roughly the level of Analoy’s breasts. “But they weren’t just small, like me. They were kinda wide, like -- LIKE THAT!!!” Becky’s eyes grow wide and she jumps up with her back against the wall, her face white with fear. She points in the direction of the door. “They’re just like HER, only boys! You said you weren’t with the bad people! Please don’t be with the bad people! I don’t want to go with the bad people! I want my mommy and daddy back!” She clutches Newt close to her and her eyes start darting back and forth, clearly looking for ways to escape. Analoy’s further attempts to question the girl are currently only met with more scared looks and pleas to not take her away.

Analoy wheels around to find Fiona walking in through the front door, with Corrigan following in behind her.

Despite all the drama resulting from Becky seeing Corrigan for the first time, the group reaches a sort of consensus that the ‘call’ has to be psychic in nature and that the ones snared by it must have left in a single direction. Analoy puts forth her ‘short list’ of likely suspects -- the Reithermans or the visiting scholar.

Meanwhile, the only witness is freaking out.

OOC Recap:
  • Cordelia and Jez are in the bot at the entrance to the coal mine (the bot is in actuality just off the map to the north as that’s where the mine is located. Susan is bouncing along beside the bot.
  • Analoy and Kat are at a table in the Real Geese with Becky.
  • Fiona and Corrigan are right inside the Real Geese's doorway.

Cadiz Map 04-25-18.jpg

What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Townsend
Game Master

Postby Jezebel » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:14 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 26

8:52am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
30 degrees F (projected high of 46)

Townsend wrote:From Jez’s vantage point outside the mine, she can see both with her own eyes and the bot’s cameras that the road going past the coal mine shows a lot of use. It doesn’t take a wilderness scout to guess that several vehicles continued along the road to the north/northeast. From Susan's lower-angle vantage point she is able to confirm that observation as well as confirm that just about all of the mining tools (shovels/picks/etc.) and most of the man-portable equipment is missing from within.

Recap: Cordelia and Jez are in the bot at the entrance to the coal mine (the bot is in actuality just off the map to the north as that’s where the mine is located. Susan is bouncing along beside the bot.

Jez maintains her merge with the TR, and opens up on the G.I.R.L.S. secure group channel. "Temptress here. The road going past the coal mine shows a lot of use. I'd guess that several vehicles moved along the road to the north/northeast. Unless you've got a better lead, I'd suggest that this is our best bet for tracking down the missing civilians. Fiona, get your mind-bending butt up here and take point. From what everyone's gathered so far, it seems pretty clear that our abductors are psychics like you. Everyone else form up with Fiona and meet me here at the mine. We'll follow the vehicle tracks to the source." She looks to Cordelia sitting in one of the jump seats behind and to the side of herself. "Kick open the rear hatch and holler at Susan to climb in. We don't need her pace afoot slowing us down when the others' vehicles arrive. Tell her if she doesn't want to ride with us, she should get her jumpy ass into that mine and investigate it just to be thorough." Jez disables the security locks on the rear hatch with a thought as she's tied into the TR's systems. Well, at least we finally have a lead thanks to Analoy. Girl's turning out to be more useful than Kat and I originally figured. Jez waits impatiently for the rest to show up.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Susan Lee » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:04 am

Perception: 1d100 = 98
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 73

Susan climbs into Jez's robot. "The mine was very disappointing. I'd like to be there when we solve this mystery. In retrospect, perhaps having someone who can follow tracks or sniffs, would be valuable."

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:27 am

(rolls held over)

Jez smirks and, without looking over her shoulder, chimes back. "Well, you could always climb back out, get down on all fours, and lead us like a Duskhound to our quarry." She laughs at her own joke. "Buckle up, ladies. This beast rides rough when I've got her running."

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Cordelia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 99
JIC: 1d20 = 5

Dont fall out the hatch "lets go Doc, Jez wants to run."

I should get some video while we run. Might make some good footage. I better tighten down my boobs before this video gets really interesting..

Cordelia Steps out of the hatch just a enough to get a good look around at the mine and the tire tracks leading away. Pictures of these and of Susan snooping around.

She then sits down and buckles up and tucks herself in and readies to get some action shots as the giant robot prepares to pick up the pace.
Cordelia

Postby Analoy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:10 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 33
JIC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 63

Force Field: 128/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC

god wrote:“They were short, about that tall…” Becky points to roughly the level of Analoy’s breasts. “But they weren’t just small, like me. They were kinda wide, like -- LIKE THAT!!!” Becky’s eyes grow wide and she jumps up with her back against the wall, her face white with fear. She points in the direction of the door. “They’re just like HER, only boys! You said you weren’t with the bad people! Please don’t be with the bad people! I don’t want to go with the bad people! I want my mommy and daddy back!” She clutches Newt close to her and her eyes start darting back and forth, clearly looking for ways to escape. Analoy’s further attempts to question the girl are currently only met with more scared looks and pleas to not take her away.

Analoy wheels around to find Fiona walking in through the front door, with Corrigan following in behind her.

Analoy listens as Becky answers her questions, Great, she's coming with us. If she's not susceptible to this call, she might be our best chance against getting roped in ourselves. She almost laughs out when the jittery Doc comes in hands off a violin and then hurries off. Okay then

When Becky starts to describe the bad people, Analoy is happy that they are finally getting somewhere in their investigation. When Becky screams and points, Analoy spins to face the threat. Her hand stops millimeters away from activating the flaming eye on the top of her left hand. Instead she shouts, "Corrigan, freeze! The bad people are Dwarves." She pauses for a moment as she looks between Corrigan and Becky. "Corrigan, go back outside for a while."

Analoy turns to Becky and smiles, then says in a soft voice, "Becky, sweetie, look at me. You don't have to go anywhere. I'll go get some food off the truck and you can stay here. Keep watch on the village for us while we go get your parents. I shouldn't have asked you to come along with us. That was silly on my part. You're clearly a big girl that knows how to look out for herself. We'll go find these bad Dwarves and Corrigan the good Dwarf is going to help."

Analoy stands and motions everyone else out, "Lets get Becky some food and then go find the others and let them know it was a group of Dwarves that took the village."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:05 am

ROLLS HELD

Jezebel wrote:
Jez smirks and, without looking over her shoulder, chimes back. "Well, you could always climb back out, get down on all fours, and lead us like a Duskhound to our quarry." She laughs at her own joke. "Buckle up, ladies. This beast rides rough when I've got her running."

Susan quirks an eyebrow at Jez, who can't see it, because Susan is wearing a helmet. "Unfortunately, I have not been modified to be able to track by scent, nor to run on all fours... YET."

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kat Porter » Tue May 01, 2018 2:13 pm

Perception 71%: 1d100 = 73
JIC d20: 1d20 = 1
JIC d100: 1d100 = 99

When the kid starts freaking out, Kat turns and reaches for her rifle until the City Rat sees who's coming through the door. "Damn."

After Kat realizes what's going on, she audibly sighs. Well that slows down this interview. Nodding to Analoy in an attempt to say 'stick with the kid' while she's talking, Kat shoulders her rifle and heads out the front door, motioning Corrigan out ahead of her. "Fi, you stay with Analoy for a sec. Me an' Corrigan will go make ourselves useful."

Outside, Kat asks what could easily be construed as a racist question. "You know anything about dwarves in the area?"

After getting an answer from the Dwarf, Kat makes more racist comments on the radio, assuming the Dwarves have occupied the mine. "Temptress, hold. We have some more intel. The girl identified Corrigan by appearance, so there are a group of dwarves of some type in the area. Now the kid's freaking out again. I'd avoid anyone going into the mine for now. I'm gonna detach someone to stay with the kid. Corrigan's out, and I guess we need Fi with us, so..... Analoy, I guess."

Kat pops her head back in the place. "Alright, Analoy. Stay with the kid. You got a radio?" I should really plan ahead better. Kat will dig around whoever's stuff is accessible (OOC: the vehicles are still near the inn right?) and provide Analoy a radio if she doesn't have one -a helmet from anyone's spare armor will do.

"Fi, you're driving."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Susan Lee » Wed May 02, 2018 11:22 am

ROLLS HELD

"Reporting to Other Commander. Contrary to popular, erroneous belief, dwarves inhabit a range of biomes. For example there is an entire clutch of pirate dwarves up by the Great Lakes, which is, I think, where Corrigan comes from. Perhaps the little girl will be comforted to know that? Also, we have done a cursory check of the mine and it is abandoned. Unless the dwarves are invisible." Susan pauses for a moment. "I LOOK FORWARD TO MAKING MANY JOKES ABOUT THIS TO CORRIGAN IN THE FUTURE!"

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Fiona » Wed May 02, 2018 12:18 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 32/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 91
Conditions: Telemechanics (Linked to Truck).

Pilot: Automobile 1d100 = 18/88%

Fiona is more than a little confused at the sudden change in pace and direction. When Kat says that she's driving, Fiona doesn't argue. "Okie dokie." Fiona says making her way back to her truck. Once inside the truck, Fiona takes a couple of deep breaths and opens her mind to the vehicle. "Buckle up, likely gonna lose the roads before long." Fiona says going so far to buckle her safety restraint. Fiona pulls her truck behind the Titan robot. [color=blue]"Ready when you are."

Blessed be the Angel of Combustion, may you burn brightly among my pistons. Blessed be The Lord of Fire, may you guide us to those who have wronged this town. Blessed be Black on Black, to maintain the freedoms I have enjoyed as of late. Blessed be The Forge Father, that your works endure in this frame of composites and steel. Amen.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Fi
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Vehicle
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Townsend » Wed May 02, 2018 6:26 pm

9:52am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
38 degrees F (projected high of 46)

Once the excitement dies down, it's clear to everyone present that a band of dwarves is somehow involved in the disappearances (or at least the selective looting afterwards). As to what specific kind of dwarves, however, the jury is still out as Susan points out the diverse dwarven demographics -- including Corrigan's estranged kinsmen up around the Great Lakes. Corrigan is somewhat taken aback by the child's outburst but nods to Analoy as she steps back outside for a moment.

Analoy tries to bribe Becky into staying behind in Cadiz with plenty of food, but the girl isn't having any of it. "I... I don't want to stay here by myself. Please don't leave me. I'll be good, I promise. I'll help you look for Mommy, Daddy, Master Roshi, and everyone else. I'm real good at hide and seek. Just..." she glances at the doorway. "Please don't make me sit next to the short lady. At least not right now."

Assuming the group allows her to come along (which means not leaving anyone behind; she's quite insistent on not being left alone), the Salamander is shut down and locked up as Fiona takes point with Jez's robot jogging along behind. The wisdom in leaving the large vehicle behind quickly becomes apparent as the road isn't nearly as wide as the one connecting Cadiz with MercTown and with several low-hanging tree limbs over the roadway (the robot has to stoop over a bit to avoid branches or snap them off the trees entirely). Still, it's pretty clear from the disrupted foliage along the way along with the tracks/other signs of vehicles that they're on the right track and with just the two vehicles they're able to make decent time, only a slightly slower pace than they managed on the road getting them to Cadiz.

After about an hour of going mainly north/northeast along the road they come to a carved wooden sign:

Cadiz to Dawson.PNG

WELCOME TO DAWSON SPRINGS
"WHERE THE TREASURE IS LEGENDARY"

Jez (and Analoy if she agrees to let Becky come too) immediately recognizes the name of the town as being the location of the job they accepted from Merc Ops, and a quick check of their dossier files confirms it.

The tracks, for their part, seem to turn off down a road winding to the right (south/southeast).

What are you doing?

Townsend
Game Master

Postby Analoy » Wed May 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 97
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 37

Tracking: People 65%=1d100 = 42
Detect Ambush 70%=1d100 = 86
Trap & Mine Detection 45%=1d100 = 58

Force Field: 68/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC

Frak Kat! How am I to be of any descent use if you leave me behind to babysit? With Becky there, Analoy tries to project a positive expression about being left behind as she shakes her head a Kat. "No, I don't have a radio." She looks a little sheepish at this admission and gladly excepts whatever Kat scrounges up and adorns it in an appropriate fashion.

When Becky starts clamoring about not being left behind, and more importantly, alone, Analoy perks up with a happy expression and says, "Oh, great! okay. You can come along but I have a job for you." She pauses for a moment and looks around at the others, staring daggers at anyone that starts to say something about the girl and her having to stay behind. Then she turns back to Becky with a smile, "Since we know you aren't affected by the Call, you are our backup. If any of us start being drawn away by the Call, Its your job to try and stop us any way you can." She reaches over and pats Becky on the knee, "Now grab Newt and stuff anything else you might need into a backpack and come on, but that backpack is your responsibility. No one is going to carry it for you. So pick what you want wisely." Analoy flashes back to one of her training sessions as a child, when she tried to pack for every scenario and grossly over packed. In the end Master K'Sarlex forbid her to dump anything from her pack to lighten the weight and she had to finish the training course with the heavy bag. But it taught her to choose wisely what she carries. At the end of the thought she feels a little sting about not having brought a radio with her on this mission. She leans in close to Becky, "Don't worry sweetie, you don't have to sit next to Corrigan if you don't want too. Besides, I think she smells a little funny."

Analoy keys her newly acquired radio when the wooden 'Dawson Springs' sign comes into view, "Dawson Springs? Isn't that the other job we took? Missing construction machinery. Missing mine equipment and missing laborers. Seems to me this is all playing together and is likely all connected. If we're lucky, we can kill two birds with one stone."

Analoy looks over to Becky, "Sweetie, you stay here and keep Fiona safe. I'm going to hop out for a minute and take a look around." With that, Analoy slips out of the truck and starts examining the road turning off to the south/southeast.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kat Porter » Thu May 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Perception 71%: 1d100 = 37
JIC d20: 1d20 = 1
JIC d100: 1d100 = 37

Kat shrugs. "That works too." Kat gets back on the horn. Change that, we're bringing the kid along. Given the seating requests, Kat assigns Corrigan the front seat.

Kat gets down to Becky's level before she gets in the ride. "We always use the buddy system. If we split up, everybody sticks with at least one other person. Jezebel and I are in charge. Unless you think we have been taken over by whatever is out here, what we say goes. Jezebel is the lady you blew up on. You good with all that?" Kat waits for an affirmative response, and continues. "You got middle. Analoy and I need the doors in case we need to get out quick to...." Ah hell, tell the truth."Kill something."

While Fi drives, Kat may begin humming the tune of the greatest song of all time* if Fiona doesn't turn on some tunes.

*Most watched music video in the history of the internet by total views at least. Don't forget I am an internet troll!

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Cordelia » Sun May 06, 2018 7:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 16

Cordelia is all buckled in and ready for action. Her adrenaline is pumping. However she now has to sit in the seat doing nothing until they arrive. She slowly goes from fidgeting in her seat to fighting to stay awake as the adrenaline washes off of her. She begins to crash. Her head is bobbing as she falls out. Not a long drive, but she slowly gives in to sleep.

As the Titan Robot arrives at its destination, she starts to wake up. OMG, Am I drooling? Cordelia sits up and fixes herself. She wipes her face and rubs her eyes and takes an assessment of what she missed and starts taking more pictures.
Cordelia

Postby Jezebel » Sun May 06, 2018 2:44 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 31
Detect Ambush ☞ 80% / 1d100 = 31
Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 22
Intelligence ☞ 74% / 1d100 = 34
Detect Concealment ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 67
Sensory Equipment ☞ 90% / 1d100 = 42
(All skills used to the purpose indicated in the last sentence.)

Townsend wrote:Jez (and Analoy if she agrees to let Becky come too) immediately recognizes the name of the town as being the location of the job they accepted from Merc Ops, and a quick check of their dossier files confirms it. The tracks, for their part, seem to turn off down a road winding to the right (south/southeast).

Analoy wrote:Analoy keys her newly acquired radio when the wooden 'Dawson Springs' sign comes into view, "Dawson Springs? Isn't that the other job we took? Missing construction machinery. Missing mine equipment and missing laborers. Seems to me this is all playing together and is likely all connected. If we're lucky, we can kill two birds with one stone."

"That's right, GIRLS. We've lucked our way into a two-for-one special. Let's not frak this up. I'm re-transmitting the dossier to all of you with visual data feeds now." Jez takes a moment to mentally access and direct the TR's C3 systems to do so.
Contracts wrote:Dossier on 1st Mission

• about 25 miles to the northeast of Cadiz
Beshear Point Mine
  • in the hills to the south.

Contract Stipulations
Reward: 350k (minus 35,000 brokerage fee)
Payment: on successful return of mining equipment to Dawson Springs authorities
GIRLS is entitled to all salvage in mine and/or goods recovered from thieves

Secondary Contract
Fixer's cousin in Cadiz + missing townsfolk
Details:
  • 2 weeks without communication
  • 250,000 credit bounty from Fixer + Fixer's favor
  • Directive: "go check on them"

Cordelia wrote:Her head is bobbing as she falls out. Not a long drive, but she slowly gives in to sleep. As the Titan Robot arrives at its destination, she starts to wake up. Cordelia sits up and fixes herself. She wipes her face and rubs her eyes and takes an assessment of what she missed and starts taking more pictures.

Jez notices the sleeping scholar. No frakking professional dedication these rookies. Jez barks loudly at the Phlebus in the hopes of helping the rookie pull her head out of her ass and get in the game. "Hey! You gonna fall asleep when your teammates are under fire, too? Snap out of it! We've got a job to do, and lives are on the line. Next time you feel like a little shut-eye remember that there's a group of people likely being used as slaves who are depending on us, and on us being alert and ready for action." Okay, that was a fair dressing-down. My instructors would have called that a soft treatment, but I can't hold these life-long soft-bodies to the same standards as the A.D.F. right from the start.

Jez slows the TR's run to half its top speed so as to be more cautious, and continues to follow the tracks. "Slowing down a bit. Don't want to blunder into a trap. Don't give me a flat tire, Fi." Jez keeps her mark one eyeballs and the TR's sensors busy scanning the area for signs of danger or any unusual/out of place features. As she does so she speaks to Cordelia and Susan in the jump seats. "Keep your eyes peeled, you two. Keep a look out for any signs of people, traffic, and anything seemingly out of place, unusual, or obviously dangerous."

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Susan Lee » Tue May 08, 2018 7:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 37
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 57

Bzzzz bzzz bzzz... who knew mercenarying would be so boring?!? I wonder if this town has a Loose Goose as well? Will it follow the 'descriptor/animal' naming convention? If we keep going like this, I may have to make a study of it.

"Captain Jezebel, is it wise to bring the little girl into a hostile situation instead of just dropping her at MercTown with some kind of armed babysitting service?"

Sweet DNA, I hope there's more to do in this town than find a violin. Then, suddenly forgetting not to think outloud, "Perhaps more empowered children!"

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Fiona » Tue May 08, 2018 1:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 68
Conditions: Telemechanics (Linked w/ Truck)

Pilot: Automobiles 1d100 = 8/92%

Fiona is more than happy to be driving. When Kat begins to hum the insipid tune, Fiona with a mental flick turns on the radio. Fiona keeps an eye out for obvious hazards, but leaves the actual tracking to the experts. When Jez radios for Fiona to take point she sighs. "Roger that, taking point."

Why put the lightly armored combat truck in front of the twenty-four foot tall Titan robot? Fiona thinks with a sigh as she turns down the road towards their quarry.
Fiona
Fi
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Vehicle
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kat Porter » Wed May 09, 2018 1:20 am

(Rolls Held)

Sensory Equipment 48%: 1d100 = 23
Climbing 73-10(armor)= 63%: 1d100 = 85

When Jezebel has Fiona slow down, Kat takes the opportunity to bail out of the slowly moving vehicle. Kat slings her duffel bag of guns onto her back, calls out, "I'm gonna go see what I can see. All the metal in this truck ruins my sensors." and makes a running drop from the moving truck with her Naruni rifle in hand.

Kat slaps the button to kick on her suit's Naruni force field as she moves away from the truck at her top running speed for the nearest handy cover (Jez's bot will do in a pinch- but if there is a ditch, bush, or rock pile closer....) and pops on her sensor suite.

The City Rat finds a nearby tree to jump/climb into, or failing that- climbs the back of Jez's Titan bot. Using the patented Naruni sensors, Kat checks out the direction of both the town and the town's nearby mine with her 'mark-2 eyeballs' at up to 20x magnification and overlays it inside her head with the sensors using her optical implant and data connection. The City Rat will immediately report anything suspicious she detects.

Ever the pessimist, Kat calls out on the horn. "Here's hoping there's an authority left in Dawson Springs to deliver to."

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Townsend » Thu May 10, 2018 7:40 pm

"Ahh-firmative..." Becky salutes when Analoy gives her the 'job' before she runs off and comes back a few minutes later with a backpack. "Newt and I will keep a close eye on you." True to her word, she doesn't say much on the trip but keeps looking at the others intently. The trip does pass rather uneventfully, possibly TOO uneventfully as Cordelia nods off only to be shouted back awake by the melodious sound of Jez's voice as she gently rebukes her teammate.

When the group arrive at the sign, Kat gets out for a better view and can see more of the town in the distance. It's clearly a larger town than Cadiz (no doubt in part to the legends about the nearby mine), complete with a walled-off portion in the center. A tributary river on the other side of the city empties into a lake to the city's southeast. Buildings of various sizes, types, and stages of disrepair spill out along the roads in/out of the town and into the land between the walls and the lake, forming a smaller version of MercTown's Dockside district. To add further contrast to Cadiz, activity can be seen in the distance as citizens of Dawson Springs seem to be going about their daily business.

The tracks clearly turn off the main road into the city and onto the road going away to the southeast. The first buildings on the outskirts of town are about a mile away. The group is now faced with a question -- follow the tracks, or investigate the town?

Dawson Springs Map copy.jpg

(OOC: Alright, I know it's a crap update... but what happens next is going to depend on what y'all decide to do next.)

Townsend
Game Master

Postby Analoy » Thu May 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 21

Tracking: People 65%=1d100 = 73
Detect Ambush 70%=1d100 = 7
Trap & Mine Detection 45%=1d100 = 2

Analoy looks over to what is obviously Dawson Springs, down the road to the north and then down the cut off road to the southeast. Clicking her comms mic, she says, "The people from Cadiz went down this road to the southeast but Dawson Springs is the place we're supposed to be looking into the missing mining equipment. We could go poke around town, but my money is on both of these events being tied together somehow. I suggest we keep following the tracks down the road to the southeast." She looks up at Jez's robot and gives a shrug that says, 'Its your call. What's it going to be?'

While she waits for a reply, Analoy looks over to Fiona's truck and gives Becky a little wave. It's strange that the kidnappers seem to be this close to a big town. Especially if they are doing some time of secret mining op.
Last edited by Analoy on Wed May 16, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Fri May 11, 2018 7:28 am

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 89
Detect Ambush ☞ 80% / 1d100 = 46
Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 73
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons ☞ 73% / 1d100 = 62
Intelligence ☞ 74% / 1d100 = 88
Sensory Equipment ☞ 90% / 1d100 = 10
(All skills used in the reconnoitering of the city for useful information.)

Analoy wrote:"The people from Cadiz went down this road to the southeast but Dawson Springs is the place we're supposed to be looking into the missing mining equipment. We could go poke around town, but my money is on both of these events being tired together somehow. I suggest we keep following the tracks down the road to the southeast." She looks up at Jez's robot and gives a shrug that says, 'Its your call. What's it going to be?'

On approach to the city, Jez does an IR sweep of the town for signs of intense heat figuring that's a tell-tale sign of heavy machinery. Once finished, she pilots the TR into the woods and a bit off of the road. She looks up to Cordelia and Susan in the cockpit with her. "We're going in on foot to gather intel. Gear up. When we're in town, keep your eyes and ears open, and keep your head on a swivel. If asked, we're here investigating the legends associated with the mine." Jez strips off her damaged A.D.F. fatigues and dons her NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor, her Stalker Suit worn underneath. She slings her NE-95 "Double Threat" Assault Rifle across her back on its strap, grabs her purse, makes sure her harness is on, her holsters in place, and all her gear is securely in place. Donning her helmet she keys on the mic to her suit's top of the line comm suite. The HUD opens up across the visor, displaying information and the status of the various features of the suit. This is quite impressive. I'll be damned if the designers didn't manage to surpass Arismal engineering of this suit. "Cordelia, Susan, and myself are heading into town to gather intel posing as adventurers looking into the mine's legends. I'd suggest the rest of you stick with Kat and investigate as Analoy suggested. Fi's truck shouldn't draw too much attention, but we're leaving the TR secured here in the woods outside of town. Feedback?"

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Susan Lee » Sat May 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 82
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 95

Jezebel wrote:On approach to the city, Jez does an IR sweep of the town for signs of intense heat figuring that's a tell-tale sign of heavy machinery. Once finished, she pilots the TR into the woods and a bit off of the road. She looks up to Cordelia and Susan in the cockpit with her. "We're going in on foot to gather intel. Gear up. When we're in town, keep your eyes and ears open, and keep your head on a swivel. If asked, we're here investigating the legends associated with the mine." Jez strips off her damaged A.D.F. fatigues and dons her NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor, her Stalker Suit worn underneath. She slings her NE-95 "Double Threat" Assault Rifle across her back on its strap, grabs her purse, makes sure her harness is on, her holsters in place, and all her gear is securely in place. Donning her helmet she keys on the mic to her suit's top of the line comm suite. The HUD opens up across the visor, displaying information and the status of the various features of the suit. This is quite impressive. I'll be damned if the designers didn't manage to surpass Arismal engineering of this suit. "Cordelia, Susan, and myself are heading into town to gather intel posing as adventurers looking into the mine's legends. I'd suggest the rest of you stick with Kat and investigate as Analoy suggested. Fi's truck shouldn't draw too much attention, but we're leaving the TR secured here in the woods outside of town. Feedback?"

Susan waits expectantly as orders are given. "Commander," she says. "Since we're tracking missing mining equipment and the mining equipment also went missing from Cadiz, is it logical to think that the heavy vehicle tracks we're following might also lead to the local missing mining equipment? Plus, if these dwarves are racists, perhaps they're doing mining, thinking that they have no other career options. That said, this town seems like EXACTLY the kind of place that there could be god knows what kind of random DNA alterations in the populace, so I'm ready to go when you are."

Susan grabs her sample backpack, other equipment, and puts on her helmet, completing the outfit, ready to go where Jez tells her.

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:37 pm

[rolls held]

Analoy nods as she heads back over to the truck. Keying her radio's comm mic, Analoy says, "You're the boss, boss!"

Analoy motions everyone else back to the task at hand and says, "Okay, we keep following the tracks. Their going to check out the town for any intel that might be able to gleen." He looks around at what is now the second group and says, "Our objective is to gather any intel we can. Not to engage. Once we have the information we need, we should pull back and radio the rest of the team. Then Jez and Kat can determine our plan of action."

Analoy climbs up on the side of the truck so its easier for her to disembark. As she does so, she says to Becky, "You get any weird feelings, you let us know." she ends with a smile and a wink at the little girl.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cordelia » Fri May 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Cordelia feels like she could morph into a mouse and hide after Jezebel scolds her. She couldn't help it. But now she has to shake that off and get into the game. Time for action. At the call of action Cordelia is awake and ready to go run intel.
"Roger Ma'am" She says to Jezebel.
She gathers her things and prepares to climb out of the TR. A new town is always exciting. New stuff gets her giddy.
Cordelia

Postby Kat Porter » Sat May 19, 2018 9:34 pm

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 34
JIC d20: 1d20 = 11
JIC d100: 1d100 = 40

History: Post-Apocalyptic (MercTown Area) 73%: 1d100 = 45 (Anything Kat can remember)
Streetwise 67%: 1d100 = 32 (Dressing Down)
Appraise Goods 73%: 1d100 = 92 (Dressing Down)
Invoke Trust 65%: 1d100 = 31 (Talking Jez into it)
Barter 72%: 1d100 = 61 (Talking Jez into it)

Firstly, Kat is rather shocked that Jez is willing to just leave 10 million credits worth of military hardware just lying about. Man, she's such a target for blatant thievery. For the first time, and likely not the last, Kat thinks of the payday she could get screwing over her new teammates. Nah, that would make me no better than Quantum keeping choice spoils for herself.

Once she gets over that, Kat speaks up to voice her mind. "Maybe you should keep moving on, and I'll go check out the town. I'll want Susan, and either Cordelia or Fi. I'm picking based on marketable talents- teachers, doctors, and mechanics open a lot of doors. I'm more in my element inside a cluster of buildings anyways. I'm a local, so there's not much need for subterfuge. We're out renting our talents, and my specialty is bartering. Skilled workers have a reason to keep me around. Maybe we can make a few extra bucks while collecting intel."

Kat dumps her sack of guns out in the back seat of Fi's car. The City Rat selects one of her Triax Rifles, and swaps out one of her NE-6s for her Slim Line Beretta. Kat will roll in mud or dust to make her own stylish Naruni suit seem more beat up looking, then Kat adjusts her improvised poncho and attempts to look at herself in Fi's truck mirror. Judging herself 'dressed down' enough, Kat nods to herself. Then Kat packs the rest of the guns back in the bag, and says "I'm not using my Naruni Rifle, and there are some other nice pieces in the sack. Break 'em and you bought 'em, but use 'em if you can live with that. If you find any slaves or prisoners, you can arm them too." Kat's last suggestion brings her mind back to Inculta, and putting a bullet in a man's brain for the first time. The City Rat shakes that out of her head.

If Fiona stays with Kat, Kat recommends someone else drive her vehicle, and suggests Fiona only carry a portable tool kit. Kat suggests her team enter town on foot, and leave the flashiest gear with the mine team.

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Jezebel » Sun May 20, 2018 2:09 pm

(rolls held over)

"Fair enough, Kat. We'll do it your way." Jez kills the mic and looks back at Susan and Cordelia. "Change of plans. Kat's team will investigate the town. Her reasoning was sound. We'll keep following the tracks down the road to the southeast." She keys the mic on again. "Okay, Kat, we'll follow the tracks down the road in the TR until, hopefully, we spot something of interest. Let's all make sure to do a sitrep in an hour, for basic safety's sake, and to stay on the same page. Temptress, out." Jez sits back down, re-merges with the TR, and follows the tracks as per the plan at a steady cruising speed for the TR.

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Kat Porter » Sun May 20, 2018 4:38 pm

(Rolls Held)

"Excellent. Doctor, Professor, shall we? You are the next contestants on 'The Price is.... Whatever Kat Can Get!' Come on down!"
When Kat looks over the other's gear, the City Rat has mixed feelings. Cordilia is fine, if a bit exotic in the armor. Susan has the same problem as me- too good of gear to just be travelers. We're clearly hired guns.

Kat waves bye to the others as they head down the road. Then she turns to the other members of her detachment and pulls off her helmet and lights a cigarette.

"Alright guys, the closer a lie is to the truth, the easier it is to keep straight. We are who we say we are- an advance detachment of a mercenary group with contracts in the area. We'll even use our own company name. "

"The lie is we aren't gonna mention what our contracts are exactly- specifically, we are omitting the fact we took their contract from MercOps. Odds are, we beat the pony express that delivers those kinds of messages here and they won't put two and two together until we're collecting our payday."

"The second lie is that we don't have any idea about Cadiz, yet. So no mentioning that directly."
The City Rat tosses her smoke and puts her lid back on.

"We're here to secure a few supplies- foodstuffs and fuel mostly, and are looking to barter your talents for them instead of paying cash. We'd also like to ask some questions about reports of missing persons in the area, and specifically Sully if someone important asks, cause that's our job. That gives us an opportunity to interact with the locals. All we gotta do it talk them up about current events."

"What we will be mentioning is that we aren't alone, we're just ahead of everyone else. We exaggerate our numbers, the competence of absent members, and we're always vague about who does what. Other than what we're offering right now- doc is a doc, and Cordelia is a 'professor'. We mention another detachment checking out Cadiz to gauge reactions, and that they 'and our heavy weapons' should be passing through soon enough. If we are pressed for information about our contracts, the furthest we go is name dropping Fixer Jones and his missing cousin. That way we're not lying there, just omitting facts."

"The people who went missing from Cadiz got awful close to this town, so it would be awful suspicious if nobody saw any of their neighbors or the other equipment, as the girl indicated not everyone disappeared at once, and someone took both town's mining equipment. Ask about any missing people if anything seems off, and explain the job looking for Fixer's cousin as a reason for asking."

"We have 60 minutes before we make our first report. Questions?"

After possibly covering Q&A time, Kat begins trudging towards town. The City Rat is trying to act like she's been doing it for a little while, which means just a steady pace.

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Cordelia » Wed May 23, 2018 5:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 32
JIC: 1d20 = 8

"Roger that Boss lady! Keep it vague and we are the advanced party of the Mighty GIRLS of Merctown Division.
If any of the townsfolk happen to be dopey looking young men I can usually get what I want from them."
She lets out a sly smile and hangs her helmet on her belt. She does her best to look professional and sexy at the same time and follows the city Rat into town.
Cordelia

Postby Susan Lee » Wed May 23, 2018 7:26 pm

Kat Porter wrote:Kat waves bye to the others as they head down the road. Then she turns to the other members of her detachment and pulls off her helmet and lights a cigarette.

"We have 60 minutes before we make our first report. Questions?"

After possibly covering Q&A time, Kat begins trudging towards town. The City Rat is trying to act like she's been doing it for a little while, which means just a steady pace.

As Kat lights her cigarette, Susan thinks, Oh, another hit of Boing-Go would be good right now! No, wait, I'm still on one...

"I have no questions, that seems like a well-reasoned plan and I am a doctor, most towns would be happy to receive my services from what I understand. Sick people can often be cajoled into talking too much. TOO MUCH, sometimes you just want to see what's wrong with their arm and they talk talk... ahem. I would also like to add that I believe the townspeople here, at least some of them, must be aware of what's going on to some extent for exactly the reasons you enumerated. Mining equipment is not small. We should be on the lookout for people who have suddenly gained wealth or locals mentioning such."

As Cordelia pre-flirts it up - So the stereotypes of the promiscuous shapeshifter exist for a reason.

Susan keeps her helmet on and tries not to run ahead of Kat as they go into town.

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kat Porter » Thu May 24, 2018 1:07 pm

(Rolls Held)

"Excellent. You both understand the kind of social situations to exploit. This should be a cake walk." While they walk to town, Kat thinks about her past associates for a second, Hunh. Alex* never played up her shape-shifting when we needed to gather intel. Guess she relied on the brute strength of her mind-powers. I wonder where I would be if I had an inborn talent like hers? Kat's general estimation of both the scatterbrained scholar and the junkie doctor goes up a few points. They both understood what I was going for immediately. Hopefully that means it's not a bad plan.

Kat makes a silent prayer to Aphrodite and Athena for Cordilia and Susan respectively, based on their temperaments and goals. Kat also vows to herself that if there are appropriate offerings in town, Kat will cast them into a fire as an offering.**

*Alexandrea Westig, the other Plebus in Kat's past, a former member of Paragon Acquisition Services and a Mind Melter.

**This means Kat will be looking for olives, apples and pears, as well as derivative products such as olive oil or applesauce.

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Analoy » Fri May 25, 2018 12:00 pm

[rolls held]

Analoy pauses mid stride as the radio chatter picks up, she keeps her eyes on the road to the southeast as their plans to split the team are rearranged. Keying her comms, Analoy says, "Roger. Kat is leading Susan and Cordelia into Dawson Springs to scout out some intell and the rest of us are gonna keep following the tracks on the road to the southeast."

Analoy continues over to Fiona's truck and slides back in next to Becky. Once The three going to town are on their way, she looks at Becky and smiles, "If things get rough, you and Newt get on the floor and stay out of sight."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Townsend » Wed May 30, 2018 8:17 pm

10:29am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
Roughly 30 minutes have passed since the group split up
42 degrees F (projected high of 46)

I'm walkin', yes indeed and I'm talkin' about you and me...

Kat, Cordelia and Susan make their way into town as casually and inconspicuously as three armed women (one much more so than the other two) on foot can. The townspeople are understandably wary of outsiders, of course… but after Susan treats three snakebites, two broken bones and one rash in a most embarrassing place the locals tend to warm up a bit to the newcomers. Meanwhile, Cordelia’s efforts get plenty of older men in trouble with their wives for staring a bit too long.

They’re just coming out from a market where Kat manages to find offering ingredients (no olives, but olive oil as well as apples/pears) when a group of guards accost them. They’re all wearing various “budget conscious” suits of armor (read in “low-MDC”) but all are painted as identically as possible to form a consistent look. Their weapons also look “budget conscious” but serviceable -- and more importantly, they’re all pointed at the GIRLS.

The leader of the group, a dwarf with a rather sour expression, looks the ladies over with an obviously less-than-impressed gaze. “Well lookie what we got here. Me and the boys here been hearing through the grapevine about a threesome of lovely ladies -- a gun bunny, a doc, and a ‘companion’ -- being all do-gooder touristy here in the outskirts. Only thing is, they walked into town on foot even though their gear says they clearly can afford to roll up in some wheels… and the fact they ain’t asked one bit about repairs is causing some concerns among the residents. I’m afraid you ladies are gonna have to come with us to HQ and answer some questions for us. Stuff like who are you, who are you with, what are you doing here, the usual ones. I’m a sucker for the classics.”

Before things can escalate, however, a voice calls out from behind the guards. “At ease, gentlemen. These ladies are okay. I’ll take it from here.” Up walks a rather handsome man in a significantly higher-quality armor complete with black fur around the soldiers. “Captain Stanford Cullen of the Dawson Springs Constabulary, at your service.”

Once the dwarf and his guards stand down and walk away (with a passing suspicious glare from the dwarf) he smiles and shrugs. “Sorry ladies, Varrick and the lads here were just doing their jobs. All those wild tales about local treasure may be good for tourism, but it also attracts the wrong sort of people who might take ‘treasure hunting’ to include the shops and houses of our fine town. So we have to err on the side of caution sometimes. He didn’t know someone had actually taken the theft recovery contract from Merc Ops. Truth be told, neither did any of us until early this morning when our courier arrived. I figured we’d see or hear from your group sometime today. But let’s talk in more… private… surroundings.” He points at the shop Kat just came out of. “Tony’s got a back room, and he’s a trustworthy soul. Couldn’t ask for a more convenient arrangement.”

He ushers the lady mercs into the back room (clearly some sort of dining/break room with a picnic-style table in the center) and gestures for them to sit down before he does so himself. “Now, you’re clearly here trying to gather intel for the job and fill out some gaps in the dossier. What do you want to know?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I was born one mornin' when the sun didn't shine,
I picked up my shovel and I walked to the mine…

The robot and the truck continue to follow the tracks to the southeast. It’s a pretty clear trail -- just as it had been before -- and is easy to follow. The mercs continue for about another 15-20 minutes until Jez’s sensors start picking up signs of activity. Finding a secluded spot to park the vehicles, the group continues on foot until they come to the top of a ridge… and, quite clearly, a mine.

The entrance to the mine looks like it’s been rebuilt several times over, undoubtedly by subsequent generations of treasure seekers with varying degrees of budget and skill. Parked around the entrance are numerous vehicles. Becky is able to confirm that most of them come from Cadiz before she spots one of the “bad people:” a short humanoid, presumably a dwarf, sitting in an improvised watch tower (little more than a hastily-erected tent on top of a large vehicle closest to the entrance) and by the looks of things not really thrilled about being saddled with guard duty. There’s only one entrance but it looks easily large enough to drive a medium-sized tank through.

((OOC: Sorry, couldn't find a better image. It's along these lines but bigger, a skosh more ramshackle, and with more vehicles outside.))

TL;DR Version
- Kat, Cordelia, Susan have been made by the guards and brought into an impromptu briefing
- Jez, Fi, Analoy, Becky, Corrigan have found the mine
- It's roughly 30 minutes until radio check-in

What are you doing?

Townsend
Game Master

Postby Cordelia » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 45
JIC: 1d20 = 12
Invoke trust: 1d100 = 77
Seduction: 1d100 = 40

Cordelia enters the break room and turns to the Captain and smiles slyly.
"Well hello Captain Cullen." She puts a hand on her hip and cocks her hips to the side. "We really do appreciate your assistance. We are the vanguard of a force here from Merctown. We would gladly liaise with your Constabulary in and effort to bring peace and justice in your jurisdiction."

I dont know if I can trust this guy yet.
Cordelia

Postby Kat Porter » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:15 am

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 73
JIC d20: 1d20 = 14
JIC d100: 1d100 = 69

Invoke Trust 65%: 1d100 = 70
Sensory Equipment 48%: 1d100 = 85
Charm 20%: 1d100 = 37
Seduction 57%: 1d100 = 65

Kat's instinctive response to possible interrogation is to kill the constabulary. The City Rat knows guns, and Kat has no doubt she could take them in a fight. Kat's going plan was to answer the questions in public, and not let the uncultured locals disarm her. There's a fair bit of bias toward MercTown being the center of modern civilization in Kat's outlook. Kat's a bit smarter than to simply gun down the local cops in the street if she can help it, so by the time the Captain intervenes, all Kat had done was activate the Naruni armor's HUD for the targeting computer and was debating toggling on her force field.

News travels faster than I thought. Maybe we shouldn't have stayed the night in MercTown. In the back room, Kat sets down her rifle to give the appearance of disarming, at least partially. "Thanks for the intervention, Captain. I'd figure on your deputies being a little more diplomatic with passing mercenaries with your proximity to MercTown. You must have regular visitors passing through. I'm Kat Porter, quartermaster and co-commander of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services of MercTown, GIRLS for short. This is Doctor Lee, one of our Medics, and Cordilia, one of our investigators. Well, we're all investigators, to a degree, like we're all proficient in firearms. We're actually out in these parts on a couple contracts, your town's included. We're also investigating a missing person from the neighboring town of Cadiz for a MercTown notable, Fixer Jones. We're an advance detachment. The other half of our advance team dropped us off and went to check out Cadiz. And yes, right now we came to ask questions, about both of our cases, and gather supplies. Our heavy equipment should also be along shortly."

Kat sits down in one of the available chairs. "Cordilia, record the interview, would you?" Might as well act the part of investigators, and they all recorded stuff in the Golden Age Movies.

Kat takes off her helmet, and lets her brown hair down. Her datajack keeps attached to the suit, and the City Rat simply uses her implant to keep an eye on her sensors during the interview. Kat flashes the Captain what she hopes is a charming smile.

Kat starts the recording with her name, the Capain's name, her co-interviewers names, and the interview location, for the case file for the Dawson's Creek & Cadiz investigations. Kat starts with some basic questions:

"Firstly, was there anything left out of the case file about the theft of your equipment?" Further questions to elaborate on that will commence, if the Captain declares anything- consequential in Kat's opinion or not.

Are there any eyewitnesses of the theft we can interview ourselves?" Kat will ask for names and directions to find said witnesses.

"Anyone in town go missing or start acting strangely since your equipment was stolen?" Kat will ask for particulars, and known associates of anyone mentioned.

"What do you know about your neighbors in Cadiz? Further probing of an mostly roundabout manner will also happen about Cadiz. "How are relations between the two towns? Is there much trade? Anything odd about the town? Does the town consider their neighbors in Cadiz suspects in the theft?"

"Anything else interesting to note about your town? Other than the rumors of treasure, of course."

Kat will encourage her teammates to ask any of their own questions as well.

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:23 am

Perception: 1d100 = 11
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 26

Susan mostly leaves Kat to take the lead on this social interaction, staring intently at the either guilty or stupid head of the town police force. That first dwarf was obviously in on these crimes. And this man is too fond of both fur trim and the ladies. I think there's a joke there...

She waves when Kat mentions her. As the floor is opened for questions, she adds, "Has anyone suddenly disappeared from town, even on a vacation or other trip? And has anyone suddenly come into money, whether explained or unexplained?"

AND WHO ARE YOU REALLY?!? she manages not to shout at him.

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cordelia » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 6

Cordelia turns onto professional journalist mode. She brings out the camera and flips to video mode.

"And if you could include a timeline of recent events, we would be very appreciative"
Cordelia

Postby Jezebel » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:20 am

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 83
JIC: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 68
Concealment 24% / 1d100 = 34 (To supplement the natural camouflage of the forest & location [of the vehicles] in concealing the vehicles)
Prowl ☞ 85% / 1d100 = 51 (to remain stealthy in her movements)
Climbing ☞ 105% / 1d100 = 31 (to climb the watchtower)
Detect Ambush ☞ 80% / 1d100 = 87 (to detect any potential threats)
Detect Concealment ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 9 (to detect any potential threats)
Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 68 (to detect any potential threats)

Townsend wrote:The robot and the truck continue to follow the tracks to the southeast. It’s a pretty clear trail -- just as it had been before -- and is easy to follow. The mercs continue for about another 15-20 minutes until Jez’s sensors start picking up signs of activity. Finding a secluded spot to park the vehicles, the group continues on foot until they come to the top of a ridge… and, quite clearly, a mine.

The entrance to the mine looks like it’s been rebuilt several times over, undoubtedly by subsequent generations of treasure seekers with varying degrees of budget and skill. Parked around the entrance are numerous vehicles. Becky is able to confirm that most of them come from Cadiz before she spots one of the “bad people:” a short humanoid, presumably a dwarf, sitting in an improvised watch tower (little more than a hastily-erected tent on top of a large vehicle closest to the entrance) and by the looks of things not really thrilled about being saddled with guard duty. There’s only one entrance but it looks easily large enough to drive a medium-sized tank through.

Using the telescopic sights in her helmet, Jez surveys the scene below from a prone position on the ridge. Hmm. Fairly standard set-up by appearances. Knowing this world though, there's likely some sort of weird shit present. She confers in a quiet voice with Fiona, Analoy, Becky, and Corrigan. "It's a natural choke point, perfect for easy surveillance of who's coming and going. These guys are sloppy though. All the vehicles and rubbish around the entrance area makes it easier for infiltration. Provided some distractions out here, preferably not of the 'blazing gunfire' variety, I should be able to sneak up and subdue the guard in the watchtower without the alarm being raised. Remember, it's less costly and just as effective to avoid combat when possible. You all know best your own talents and skills, put your minds and abilities to work as best you deem fit. And Corrigan...you might be able to approach openly. I don't know these people or yours, so you're the best judge of such. One of you should maintain this vantage point to keep an eye on the big picture. Once we've secured the entrance, join us." Jez looks them each in the eye in turn. "I don't need to micro-manage you. You can do this, you can judge things on your own. You're smart, tough, and capable. Use your heads, and keep them on your shoulders. I'm going to follow my own advice and do what I do best." With a huge, mischievous smile, she slaps shut her helmet's visor, returns the vision settings to normal (polarized), and proceeds down from the ridge to the mine's staging area.

Once down there, she'll watch the guard and, when he's not looking in her direction, make her way amid the vehicles and equipment until she's at the base of the watchtower, then climb it. Once near the platform with the guard, she will act with incredible haste to take the guard from behind and slip her suit's integrated garrote around his neck (the plasma inactive). If she's able to do this as desired, she'll whisper into his ear. "You're a guard. You've been surprised by a superior adversary. I can kill you at will. Any sudden stupidity and your head comes off. Nod slowly if you understand."

Contingency Rolls (if she's successful in her surprising of the guard):
Strike (Neck hold, RUE, p.345): 1d20+6 = 16
Strike (to slip the garrote around his neck): 1d20+6 = 20

Parries: 1d20+10 = 15 1d20+10 = 20 1d20+10 = 30 1d20+10 = 12 1d20+10 = 18 1d20+10 = 11 1d20+10 = 18 1d20+10 = 17 1d20+10 = 28
Auto-Dodges: 1d20+9 = 20 1d20+9 = 24 1d20+9 = 20 1d20+9 = 26 1d20+9 = 27 1d20+9 = 25 1d20+9 = 12 1d20+9 = 16 1d20+9 = 13

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Townsend » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:01 pm

Kat Porter wrote:"Thanks for the intervention, Captain. I'd figure on your deputies being a little more diplomatic with passing mercenaries with your proximity to MercTown. You must have regular visitors passing through. I'm Kat Porter, quartermaster and co-commander of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services of MercTown, GIRLS for short. This is Doctor Lee, one of our Medics, and Cordilia, one of our investigators. Well, we're all investigators, to a degree, like we're all proficient in firearms. We're actually out in these parts on a couple contracts, your town's included. We're also investigating a missing person from the neighboring town of Cadiz for a MercTown notable, Fixer Jones. We're an advance detachment. The other half of our advance team dropped us off and went to check out Cadiz. And yes, right now we came to ask questions, about both of our cases, and gather supplies. Our heavy equipment should also be along shortly."

Cullen nods. “Pleased to officially meet you, ladies. And again I apologize for the less-than-warm welcome from before. We do indeed have regular visitors passing through… and most ask the same types of questions. Where to eat, where to stay, where to play, where to buy stuff, that sort of thing. And if they come in on foot, it’s usually because they either can’t afford anything transportation-wise or they’ve lost the use of what they did have through theft or breakdown.” He looks at all three but gestures at the gear Kat’s wearing in particular. “You’re clearly not the former and you weren’t asking around for either repairs or replacements. So as you can understand we were curious as to why you were really here.” He adds with a shrug. “But you’re right, it’s unprofessional for our Constables to act like that. Officer Varrick and I will be speaking on the subject of ‘courtesy’ later today.”

Kat Porter wrote:"Firstly, was there anything left out of the case file about the theft of your equipment?" Further questions to elaborate on that will commence, if the Captain declares anything- consequential in Kat's opinion or not.

“As a matter of fact, Ms. Porter, there was indeed some information that was omitted from what was communicated to Merc Ops: the exact nature of the equipment stolen -- or to be specific, the vehicle stolen.” Cullen replies. “We weren’t robbed of a bunch of shovels and picks, but rather a rare and rather valuable mining vehicle called a ‘Magic Miner.’ It looks like a small tank or APC with a huge drill on the front, but it primarily uses magic to dig tunnels. I’m told it’s also enchanted with spells that can locate minerals or underground water sources but I’ve never seen evidence of either one first-hand.”

He sighs. “I wasn’t in favor of withholding that information, but the rest of the Town Council agreed that the knowledge of the Miner’s existence didn’t need to spread any further than was absolutely necessary. These things are rare for several reasons, but the biggest one is that the Coalition tends to confiscate stuff like that and doesn’t exactly care who or what they have to destroy in order to get to it. So we had a courier standing by in MercTown ready to get back here as soon as possible after she got word that someone had taken the contract and I was hoping to catch up with you before things got too far.” Cullen shrugs. “Looks like I arrived just in time.”

Kat Porter wrote:Are there any eyewitnesses of the theft we can interview ourselves?" Kat will ask for names and directions to find said witnesses.

“Varrick was the one who discovered it was missing,” Cullen nods. “We kept it in a special underground garage that has restricted access, and he was making the rounds shortly after shift change at 0600 that morning. That’s when he reported it missing. No tracks leading out, no tunnels dug out through the walls, nothing. It was almost as if it was teleported away.” He shrugs again. “If you’d like to talk to him, I can arrange it.”

Kat Porter wrote:"Anyone in town go missing or start acting strangely since your equipment was stolen?" Kat will ask for particulars, and known associates of anyone mentioned.

Susan Lee wrote:"Has anyone suddenly disappeared from town, even on a vacation or other trip? And has anyone suddenly come into money, whether explained or unexplained?"

Cullen ponders for a minute or two but ultimately shakes his head. “No. Nothing unusual has been reported to us since then. We’ve had the usual rowdiness, petty crime, and a resident crazy woman accusing her neighbor of acting overly amorous towards her prized goats, but that’s really been about it.”

“As for folks leaving, Griswold who runs the main garage in town left day before yesterday on his monthly run to MercTown after parts and supplies… but that’s all I know of personally.”

Kat Porter wrote:"What do you know about your neighbors in Cadiz? Further probing of an mostly roundabout manner will also happen about Cadiz. "How are relations between the two towns? Is there much trade? Anything odd about the town? Does the town consider their neighbors in Cadiz suspects in the theft?"

At the mention of Cadiz, his eyebrows furrow slightly. “We’ve heard reports of a couple of townspeople from there going missing recently. Cadiz is a small place with good people, but apart from a few merchants who trade with us they keep to themselves for the most part. If the legendary Fixer Jones has asked someone to check things out there, it’s clearly worse than we’ve heard.” He taps his fingers on the table. “Hmmm… I wonder…”

Kat Porter wrote:"Anything else interesting to note about your town? Other than the rumors of treasure, of course."

“There have been reports of increased vehicle activity on the road leading to the mine to the southeast. Normally we don’t pay them much attention as treasure seekers aren’t exactly rare and just about all of them tire quickly before heading back to where they came from… but if there are as many people gone in Cadiz as you’re implying, there might be a connection. You’re probably going to want to check out the mine next, but I’d wait until the rest of your group arrives before you do. It’s a large mine to begin with, what with all the seekers coming in and expanding the tunnels trying to find this ‘lost treasure’ at the heart of all those legends. The mine is treacherous enough without adding the desperate and unscrupulous that show up there as a result.”

Cordelia wrote:"And if you could include a timeline of recent events, we would be very appreciative"

Cullen nods and begins to lay out the timeline regarding the theft. After Varrick discovered the Miner missing, the city guards investigated it for nearly a week (as quietly as possible) before reaching the conclusion the case was more than they could solve on their own. Even investigating the mine and questioning the treasure seekers on site turned up nothing. 48 hours later a courier was sent to MercTown in order to arrange the contract with Merc Ops. Based on the timeline, the contract had laid stagnant for at least a couple weeks before the G.I.R.L.S. accepted it.

Townsend
Game Master

Postby Cordelia » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:54 am

Perception: 1d100 = 91
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 28

Cordelia, having video taped the interview, stopped momentarily to pull out a pencil and paper and made some notes. A Magic Miner sounds like something from a novel she read as a kid and to far fetched from reality. But she it doesn't surprise her that someone built one. She gets a little giddy at the idea and can not wait to see it.
Notes made she looks over to Kat with with the video camera again and nods.
If what he says is true, we are about done here in town.
Cordelia

Postby Kat Porter » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:38 am

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 76
JIC d20: 1d20 = 4
JIC d100: 1d100 = 59

Lore: Magic 58%: 1d100 = 55 (deciphering how a 'Magic Miner might work)
Gemology 58%: 1d100 = 61 (supplementary skill for deciphering TW devices)
Invoke Trust 65%: 1d100 = 91

The Fur Wearing Dude wrote:“You’re clearly not the former and you weren’t asking around for either repairs or replacements. So as you can understand we were curious as to why you were really here.” He adds with a shrug. “But you’re right, it’s unprofessional for our Constables to act like that. Officer Varrick and I will be speaking on the subject of ‘courtesy’ later today.”

Kat simply nods at that.

The Fur Wearing Dude wrote:“We weren’t robbed of a bunch of shovels and picks, but rather a rare and rather valuable mining vehicle called a ‘Magic Miner.’ It looks like a small tank or APC with a huge drill on the front, but it primarily uses magic to dig tunnels. I’m told it’s also enchanted with spells that can locate minerals or underground water sources but I’ve never seen evidence of either one first-hand.”

"Hmmm. Do you have any pictures of this 'Magic Miner'?" Kat idly attempts to theorize how a TW would put together such a device from what she knows about magic in general, and her experience with Pete* specifically.

The Fur Wearing Dude wrote:“Varrick was the one who discovered it was missing,”[/b] Cullen nods. “We kept it in a special underground garage that has restricted access, and he was making the rounds shortly after shift change at 0600 that morning. That’s when he reported it missing. No tracks leading out, no tunnels dug out through the walls, nothing. It was almost as if it was teleported away.” He shrugs again. “If you’d like to talk to him, I can arrange it.”

"Please do so."

The Fur Wearing Dude wrote:“As for folks leaving, Griswold who runs the main garage in town left day before yesterday on his monthly run to MercTown after parts and supplies… but that’s all I know of personally.”

"How long should Griswold be gone? Is he overdue yet?" I'll have to ask the deputy this 'line' of questions as well. Why is it called a line anyway? It's more like a knot to be hacked at.

The Fur Wearing Dude wrote:At the mention of Cadiz, his eyebrows furrow slightly. “We’ve heard reports of a couple of townspeople from there going missing recently. Cadiz is a small place with good people, but apart from a few merchants who trade with us they keep to themselves for the most part. If the legendary Fixer Jones has asked someone to check things out there, it’s clearly worse than we’ve heard.” He taps his fingers on the table. “Hmmm… I wonder…”

Kat verbally prods the fellow when he lets his thoughts trail off. "You're thinking something. Please elaborate."

The Fur Wearing Dude wrote:“There have been reports of increased vehicle activity on the road leading to the mine to the southeast. Normally we don’t pay them much attention as treasure seekers aren’t exactly rare and just about all of them tire quickly before heading back to where they came from… but if there are as many people gone in Cadiz as you’re implying, there might be a connection. You’re probably going to want to check out the mine next, but I’d wait until the rest of your group arrives before you do. It’s a large mine to begin with, what with all the seekers coming in and expanding the tunnels trying to find this ‘lost treasure’ at the heart of all those legends. The mine is treacherous enough without adding the desperate and unscrupulous that show up there as a result.”

Cordelia wrote:"And if you could include a timeline of recent events, we would be very appreciative"

Yes, let's see if we can lock hum down in any falsehoods.

The Fur Wearing Dude wrote:Cullen nods and begins to lay out the timeline regarding the theft. After Varrick discovered the Miner missing, the city guards investigated it for nearly a week (as quietly as possible) before reaching the conclusion the case was more than they could solve on their own. Even investigating the mine and questioning the treasure seekers on site turned up nothing. 48 hours later a courier was sent to MercTown in order to arrange the contract with Merc Ops. Based on the timeline, the contract had laid stagnant for at least a couple weeks before the G.I.R.L.S. accepted it.

Hunh. If it was stolen for money, it's long gone by now. Kat nails down exact dates- three or four weeks doesn't really cut it for the City Rat. "And what date was that?" is likely asked multiple times.

Then Kat backtracks, and asks Cullen "And when did you first first hear of missing people from Cadiz?"

*Peiter Dravnos, former leader of Paragon Acquisition Services

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Fiona » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 87/29%
Just in case: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 34
Conditions: None at the moment.

Fiona watches as Jez moves off to deal with the sentry while racking her brain as to how to assist in the endeavor. Fiona comes up short as she isn't a covert operative, sneaking isn't even really her thing. So Fiona sits tight for the time being so as to give their boss time to work before accidentally bungling up the operation. Just in case there is going to be a fight, Fiona draws her NG-35 Laser Pistol from its holster and holds it ready in both hands. What the hell am I doing here, I am not a commando, I'm just a driver and mechanic. Fiona thinks as she looks at the others with her.
Fiona
Fi
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Vehicle
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 43

Susan listens, fidgeting a bit. She smirks internally as she notes Kat's impatience with the man's less than satisfactory answers and methods, increasing Susan's respect for the other woman.

I didn't expect people outside of Lazlo to be so... mystified by magic. Hee. Mystified. I'm hilarious.

"Standard earth warlock mining equipment, understood. Phallic. Did you happen to put a tracking device inside this extremely expensive vehicle of yours? Did it come standard-equipped with anything like that?"

When he mentions Griswold having left, she stares at him for a moment. "So a giant machine disappears and the person who handles repairing the largest machines leaves the next day. Did you check him out before he left or send someone to take a peek into his shop?"

We'll also need to see the bunker. I'm beginning to lean towards this guy being a local rube rather than in on the scheme. There are dozens of spells that could...

"Did you check for Bigby's Sulphrous Transmigration?!?" she interjects suddenly, and rudely.

Ha! Let's see how much you actually know about magic, Mr. Mink-Skinner.

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:39 am

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 21

Detect Ambush 70%=1d100 = 3 Pass
Trap & Mine Detection 45%=1d100 = 33 Pass
Prowl 60%=1d100 = 38 Pass
Climbing/Rappelling 85/75%=1d100 = 57 (just in case) Pass

Force Field: 36/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC

As Jezebel lays out the plan, Analoy nods along. Seems like a good way to do things with a new team. Once we get to know what each of us can do, I'm sure she'll get more specific with what she wants. "Okay boss, I'll follow you down but I'll keep back ten or twenty feet and give you room to work. If things go sideways, I'll be there for backup."

When Jez starts to head down, Analoy turns to Becky, Fiona and Corrigan. She was going to just nod to the women, but she notices just how uncomfortable Fiona looks. Giving Becky a smile, she says, "I'm going down there. You stick with Fiona. She'll keep you safe." Analoy turns to Fiona, "We'll give the comms a double click when its safe to come down. Even still, try to stay out of sight as much as possible. Corrigan, if this doesn't go as planned, charge down like you own the place. Your size should confuse them long enough to get things done." Provided they really are all dwarves and it doesn't turn out that dwarves just happened to be the ones that came to the town. But given the guard... She lets her speculation trail off as she turns and starts to slink down toward the mine entrance shadowing Jez.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

PreviousNext

Return to G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum