First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:36 am

Jezebel wrote:Post in progress
As the group walks back towards The Real Geese, Jez shakes her head. This is all speculation. There is a missing population of people. Military doctrine in such cases is simple: conduct a search. We've already searched the immediate scene and verified their absence. The next thing to do is a focused search, and to sweep the countryside. "We need to conduct a search. Susan, Cordelia, find out where this mine is located, and head there to check it out. Maybe grab Fi and Corrigan to join you if they've not found anything useful in town. I'm going to climb back in my bot and conduct an expanding search of the general area. If you find anything of interest, radio me and I'll rejoin you ASAP. Good luck." Jez takes off at a run for her TR-004. While running, she radios the rest of the group to let them know what's up. Once inside the TR, she'll begin running the bot in a clockwise sweep of the countryside starting at a mile out from town and expanding a mile with each sweep.


Susan salutes Jezebel. "Understood. Can Analoy come too? Corrigan, Fiona, want to come look at the mine with us? I imagine that if there's trouble it will be more useful for people with more military experience to be in place. We'll get the girl's DNA later."

Susan tries to get her Naruni computer to play the music from the violin sheet, if it can even do that. "Computer - play this music. Do it!"
Computer Operation: 1d100 = 1 / 53%

To Cordelia, she says, "Is there no piano in the inn? I've always seen a piano in saloons in the trids."

When everyone's ready/formed up, Susan is good to go to the mine.
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:26 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
8:50am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
29 degrees F (projected high of 46)


Conversation at Breakfast

Kat Porter wrote:The City Rat-turned modern cowboy leans her lever action Naruni carbine against a nearby table, adjusts the hand cannons on her hips, takes a seat, and then kicks her legs up onto the table. "How long has it been since everyone left? Did you eat all the food here?"


Becky shakes her head as she takes a big bite. “Nunh-unh, not me,” she says with way too much food in her mouth. Once she’s had a chance to chew and swallow she adds, “That was the bad people. They came and got most of the food. It’s been real hard to find something to eat the past few days.”

Susan Lee wrote:Susan starts humming the Sorcerer's Apprentice to herself. "It increasingly seems like this may be a Pied Piper situation. No one is able to tell me what piece of music this is one the notes here? Oh well. Perhaps they took the townsfolk to the mines, since we're meant to also examine a problem there. I should patrol or...?"

She looks away for a moment.

"CAN I SCAN THE GIRL'S DNA?!?"


The girl’s eyes go wide at Susan’s loud outburst, but she settles back down a bit when she sees the sheet music the doctor’s waving around. “Hey, where’d you get that? I think that’s Master Roshi’s. He likes to play his fiddle on the roof of his house in the evenings. He plays real good too.”

Susan’s fingers fly over the controls of her mini-computer, but the only clue it reveals is that the language it’s written in matches up with samples of Dragonese. And while it’s capable of playing music files the computer doesn’t have a scanner for the sheet music. There’s also no piano there at the Real Geese, only a tabletop jukebox loaded up with a full assortment of both kinds of music: country AND western.

Meanwhile, Becky continues to warm up to Analoy. “Well, you sure seem like you're not with the bad people. You're taller. And you're nice, like Mister Sulley. He's funny too -- he likes singing when he's chopping wood. Momma asked him to make a bed for Newt before everyone started leaving. But the first people to leave were Bernard and Bianca. She said she had a ‘lead’ on something important so they left out about three weeks ago. Then the nice scholar lady after her truck got fixed. It wasn’t long after that that people started hearing the call. They just got up and left. Some got in their vehicles and left, some just walked. Master Roshi said he could hear it in his mind too, but he could block it out when he tried. He tried real hard, but he got too tired and walked away about a week ago. He was the last one here besides me. I dunno what the call is, I can’t hear it like Master Roshi could. He said it was one of my gifts, that my mind shuts out stuff like that before I know it’s there.”


Meanwhile, in the Mechanic’s Shop

Fiona and Corrigan continue their search of the premises until Jez calls for them to meet up with Susan and Cordelia at the mine.


It’s a Clean Sweep

Jez returns to her robot and conducts a sweep of the surrounding area. Between her sweeping and the others consulting the notes Fixer gave them, it isn’t long before the group finds the town’s coal mine located just north of the outskirts (on the larger road heading out of town to the north). Becky pleads for Analoy to stay at the Geese with her -- failing that she begs to come along with her. Clearly Analoy has made a close friend with her meat pies.

It’s nothing extraordinary by any stretch of the imagination, but anyone who enters the mine and makes her perception roll notices that just about all of the tools (shovels/picks/etc.) and most of the man-portable equipment is missing.


What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:27 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 59
JIC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 15

Force Field: 130/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC


Analoy smiles at Becky and Newt, "I'm sorry Sweetie, but my friends need me to help. So you just stick close to me and if I start acting like I hear this call, you do you're best to snap me out of it." Frak, sounds like a psychic power or something. Becky must be psychic too or she has some kinda mind block power. Makes me wish I had one of the tattoos that covered this kind of thing. Well, lets hope Becky can keep me safe.

Analoy repeats Becky's story to Jez and the others in hopes that something stands out to them. Then she turns back to Becky, "Just how tall were the bad people?" She stands up, Where would they come up to on me? Was there anything else different about them?" When Becky answers that question, Analoy says, "You're doing great Sweetie. No remind me, who are Bernard and Bianca? And what do they do here in the town?"

When Becky finishes answering, Analoy asks her to stay put for a moment. Then moves over to where she can talk with the others without worrying Becky. "It sounds like this Bernard and Bianca or maybe the scholar stirred up something and a psi power was used to draw the towns folk away. That Master Roshi should have called for help if he was able to resist the call, at least at the start." She looks around at the other member of the group, "What did you guys find on your search?"
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:48 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 33
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 58
Sensory Equipment ☞ 90% / 1d100 = 41 (merged)

Jez doesn't bother to dismount from her TR upon reaching the mine. This could be an errant lead, best maintain maximum mobility for the time being. Instead of getting out and directly inspecting the mine, she uses the TR's incredibly diverse array of sensors to inspect the mine from its opening. In addition, she uses the TR's external audio pick-ups to listen in for sounds emanating from the mine in case there are any. Still at the mine entrance, Jez, upon hearing the recounting of the girl's story from Analoy, chirps on the radio in response to her. "Ask the child which direction people went when they were leaving town. I'm at the mine presently, but we've no way of knowing if this is the direction the townsfolk headed when they heard this 'call,' you know? Better to not waste any more time. Better to find out which direction they went at least before searching any further."

If Susan or Cordelia so desire, Jez will be fine with them riding in the backseats of the TR for greater mobility. The sight of the ends of Jezebel's hands being actually merged into the console in the cockpit might freak them out a bit though.
Image
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 am

Stupid Computer
Perception: 1d100 = 4
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 54

Incredibly disappointed with the computer, Susan nods to the little girl, "That makes sense, I found it on the roof. Can you keep it safe for him, while we rescue him and the rest of your neighbors?" She then hands the little girl the violin, but NOT the sheet music. That's for later. "You have such pretty hair," she says, reaching out to touch it and, casually, keep any that happen to brush off.

Over the radio, "Based on our protege, this sounds like a mental domination attack of some kind. Sorry Corrigan, you'll be our coalmine canary, since you're without advanced psionic dampers. Can anyone track? If a bunch of people all headed out of town in the same direction, they probably left a trail. And considering how much detritus they left here, there might even be a Hansel/Gretel breadcrumbs situation, but with clothes or similar."

Susan politely declines Jezebel's offer. "I'm so jazzed up, gotta get out and move! But I'll run alongside you!"
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Fiona » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3; 1d100 = 34
Conditions: None.


Fiona takes one last look at the Computer before getting up from the stool in front of it. "I wonder if he was right about the carburetor?" Fiona asks absentmindedly. Shrugging her shoulders, Fiona steps out of the Operator's Shop and makes her way back to the others. Fiona's mind continues to mull over pieces of what she's seen, but the Irony is that all of her thoughts keep going back to the unfinished bike. From her observations of the Operator through his workspace and his meticulous notes, it would have to have been a powerful compulsion to pull him away from his work.

Once back to the others. "Damn strange place this is, and whatever compulsion dragged them away was strong as can be. And I would say likely psychic in nature. Though that's just from personal observations versus education." Fiona says with almost a sigh. "So what's the plan now?"
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51
JIC: 1d20 = 12

"Susan, did your computer say the sheet music matches some dragonese. May I see it, maybe I can read it. In the mean time lets get to the mine. I'm out of leads here .

This master have left a message, If he sounds as cool as the kid lets on

Cordelia is now just hoping to get a lead. Not knowing is worse than anything. But the mine may hold the answer and she wants pictures from inside the robot.
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:10 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
8:52am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
30 degrees F (projected high of 46)


Analoy wrote:Analoy smiles at Becky and Newt, "I'm sorry Sweetie, but my friends need me to help. So you just stick close to me and if I start acting like I hear this call, you do your best to snap me out of it."


Judging by the expression on Becky’s face, she doesn’t seem to be too thrilled with the idea of going anywhere… but she nods slowly in between bites. “Okay,” she finally croaks out.

Susan Lee wrote: Incredibly disappointed with the computer, Susan nods to the little girl, "That makes sense, I found it on the roof. Can you keep it safe for him, while we rescue him and the rest of your neighbors?" She then hands the little girl the violin, but NOT the sheet music. That's for later. "You have such pretty hair," she says, reaching out to touch it and, casually, keep any that happen to brush off. [/b]


“Okay,” Becky nods as she takes it. “I’ll take good care of it. He’s been showing me how to play -- he told me he’ll get me one of my own on my next birthday.” She flinches slightly as Susan reaches out to stroke her hair, but Susan’s able to get a few stray strands before heading out to run alongside Jez’s bot. Cordelia, on the other hand, climbs aboard the robot and makes herself comfortable before taking pictures.

From Jez’s vantage point outside the mine, she can see both with her own eyes and the bot’s cameras that the road going past the coal mine shows a lot of use. It doesn’t take a wilderness scout to guess that several vehicles continued along the road to the north/northeast. From Susan's lower-angle vantage point she is able to confirm that observation as well as confirm that just about all of the mining tools (shovels/picks/etc.) and most of the man-portable equipment is missing from within.

Analoy wrote:Analoy repeats Becky's story to Jez and the others in hopes that something stands out to them. Then she turns back to Becky, "Just how tall were the bad people?" She stands up, Where would they come up to on me? Was there anything else different about them?" When Becky answers that question, Analoy says, "You're doing great Sweetie. No remind me, who are Bernard and Bianca? And what do they do here in the town?"


“They were short, about that tall…” Becky points to roughly the level of Analoy’s breasts. “But they weren’t just small, like me. They were kinda wide, like -- LIKE THAT!!!” Becky’s eyes grow wide and she jumps up with her back against the wall, her face white with fear. She points in the direction of the door. “They’re just like HER, only boys! You said you weren’t with the bad people! Please don’t be with the bad people! I don’t want to go with the bad people! I want my mommy and daddy back!” She clutches Newt close to her and her eyes start darting back and forth, clearly looking for ways to escape. Analoy’s further attempts to question the girl are currently only met with more scared looks and pleas to not take her away.

Analoy wheels around to find Fiona walking in through the front door, with Corrigan following in behind her.

Despite all the drama resulting from Becky seeing Corrigan for the first time, the group reaches a sort of consensus that the ‘call’ has to be psychic in nature and that the ones snared by it must have left in a single direction. Analoy puts forth her ‘short list’ of likely suspects -- the Reithermans or the visiting scholar.

Meanwhile, the only witness is freaking out.


OOC Recap:
  • Cordelia and Jez are in the bot at the entrance to the coal mine (the bot is in actuality just off the map to the north as that’s where the mine is located. Susan is bouncing along beside the bot.
  • Analoy and Kat are at a table in the Real Geese with Becky.
  • Fiona and Corrigan are right inside the Real Geese's doorway.

Cadiz Map 04-25-18.jpg


What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:14 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 26

The Weatherman wrote:Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
8:52am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
30 degrees F (projected high of 46)

Townsend wrote:From Jez’s vantage point outside the mine, she can see both with her own eyes and the bot’s cameras that the road going past the coal mine shows a lot of use. It doesn’t take a wilderness scout to guess that several vehicles continued along the road to the north/northeast. From Susan's lower-angle vantage point she is able to confirm that observation as well as confirm that just about all of the mining tools (shovels/picks/etc.) and most of the man-portable equipment is missing from within.

Recap: Cordelia and Jez are in the bot at the entrance to the coal mine (the bot is in actuality just off the map to the north as that’s where the mine is located. Susan is bouncing along beside the bot.


Jez maintains her merge with the TR, and opens up on the G.I.R.L.S. secure group channel. "Temptress here. The road going past the coal mine shows a lot of use. I'd guess that several vehicles moved along the road to the north/northeast. Unless you've got a better lead, I'd suggest that this is our best bet for tracking down the missing civilians. Fiona, get your mind-bending butt up here and take point. From what everyone's gathered so far, it seems pretty clear that our abductors are psychics like you. Everyone else form up with Fiona and meet me here at the mine. We'll follow the vehicle tracks to the source." She looks to Cordelia sitting in one of the jump seats behind and to the side of herself. "Kick open the rear hatch and holler at Susan to climb in. We don't need her pace afoot slowing us down when the others' vehicles arrive. Tell her if she doesn't want to ride with us, she should get her jumpy ass into that mine and investigate it just to be thorough." Jez disables the security locks on the rear hatch with a thought as she's tied into the TR's systems. Well, at least we finally have a lead thanks to Analoy. Girl's turning out to be more useful than Kat and I originally figured. Jez waits impatiently for the rest to show up.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:04 am

Perception: 1d100 = 98
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 73

Susan climbs into Jez's robot. "The mine was very disappointing. I'd like to be there when we solve this mystery. In retrospect, perhaps having someone who can follow tracks or sniffs, would be valuable."
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:27 am

(rolls held over)

Jez smirks and, without looking over her shoulder, chimes back. "Well, you could always climb back out, get down on all fours, and lead us like a Duskhound to our quarry." She laughs at her own joke. "Buckle up, ladies. This beast rides rough when I've got her running."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 99
JIC: 1d20 = 5

Dont fall out the hatch "lets go Doc, Jez wants to run."

I should get some video while we run. Might make some good footage. I better tighten down my boobs before this video gets really interesting..

Cordelia Steps out of the hatch just a enough to get a good look around at the mine and the tire tracks leading away. Pictures of these and of Susan snooping around.

She then sits down and buckles up and tucks herself in and readies to get some action shots as the giant robot prepares to pick up the pace.
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:10 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 33
JIC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 63

Force Field: 128/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC

god wrote:“They were short, about that tall…” Becky points to roughly the level of Analoy’s breasts. “But they weren’t just small, like me. They were kinda wide, like -- LIKE THAT!!!” Becky’s eyes grow wide and she jumps up with her back against the wall, her face white with fear. She points in the direction of the door. “They’re just like HER, only boys! You said you weren’t with the bad people! Please don’t be with the bad people! I don’t want to go with the bad people! I want my mommy and daddy back!” She clutches Newt close to her and her eyes start darting back and forth, clearly looking for ways to escape. Analoy’s further attempts to question the girl are currently only met with more scared looks and pleas to not take her away.

Analoy wheels around to find Fiona walking in through the front door, with Corrigan following in behind her.


Analoy listens as Becky answers her questions, Great, she's coming with us. If she's not susceptible to this call, she might be our best chance against getting roped in ourselves. She almost laughs out when the jittery Doc comes in hands off a violin and then hurries off. Okay then

When Becky starts to describe the bad people, Analoy is happy that they are finally getting somewhere in their investigation. When Becky screams and points, Analoy spins to face the threat. Her hand stops millimeters away from activating the flaming eye on the top of her left hand. Instead she shouts, "Corrigan, freeze! The bad people are Dwarves." She pauses for a moment as she looks between Corrigan and Becky. "Corrigan, go back outside for a while."

Analoy turns to Becky and smiles, then says in a soft voice, "Becky, sweetie, look at me. You don't have to go anywhere. I'll go get some food off the truck and you can stay here. Keep watch on the village for us while we go get your parents. I shouldn't have asked you to come along with us. That was silly on my part. You're clearly a big girl that knows how to look out for herself. We'll go find these bad Dwarves and Corrigan the good Dwarf is going to help."

Analoy stands and motions everyone else out, "Lets get Becky some food and then go find the others and let them know it was a group of Dwarves that took the village."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:05 am

ROLLS HELD

Jezebel wrote:
Jez smirks and, without looking over her shoulder, chimes back. "Well, you could always climb back out, get down on all fours, and lead us like a Duskhound to our quarry." She laughs at her own joke. "Buckle up, ladies. This beast rides rough when I've got her running."


Susan quirks an eyebrow at Jez, who can't see it, because Susan is wearing a helmet. "Unfortunately, I have not been modified to be able to track by scent, nor to run on all fours... YET."
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Tue May 01, 2018 2:13 pm

Perception 71%: 1d100 = 73
JIC d20: 1d20 = 1
JIC d100: 1d100 = 99

When the kid starts freaking out, Kat turns and reaches for her rifle until the City Rat sees who's coming through the door. "Damn."

After Kat realizes what's going on, she audibly sighs. Well that slows down this interview. Nodding to Analoy in an attempt to say 'stick with the kid' while she's talking, Kat shoulders her rifle and heads out the front door, motioning Corrigan out ahead of her. "Fi, you stay with Analoy for a sec. Me an' Corrigan will go make ourselves useful."

Outside, Kat asks what could easily be construed as a racist question. "You know anything about dwarves in the area?"

After getting an answer from the Dwarf, Kat makes more racist comments on the radio, assuming the Dwarves have occupied the mine. "Temptress, hold. We have some more intel. The girl identified Corrigan by appearance, so there are a group of dwarves of some type in the area. Now the kid's freaking out again. I'd avoid anyone going into the mine for now. I'm gonna detach someone to stay with the kid. Corrigan's out, and I guess we need Fi with us, so..... Analoy, I guess."

Kat pops her head back in the place. "Alright, Analoy. Stay with the kid. You got a radio?" I should really plan ahead better. Kat will dig around whoever's stuff is accessible (OOC: the vehicles are still near the inn right?) and provide Analoy a radio if she doesn't have one -a helmet from anyone's spare armor will do.

"Fi, you're driving."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Wed May 02, 2018 11:22 am

ROLLS HELD

"Reporting to Other Commander. Contrary to popular, erroneous belief, dwarves inhabit a range of biomes. For example there is an entire clutch of pirate dwarves up by the Great Lakes, which is, I think, where Corrigan comes from. Perhaps the little girl will be comforted to know that? Also, we have done a cursory check of the mine and it is abandoned. Unless the dwarves are invisible." Susan pauses for a moment. "I LOOK FORWARD TO MAKING MANY JOKES ABOUT THIS TO CORRIGAN IN THE FUTURE!"
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Fiona » Wed May 02, 2018 12:18 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 32/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 91
Conditions: Telemechanics (Linked to Truck).

Pilot: Automobile 1d100 = 18/88%

Fiona is more than a little confused at the sudden change in pace and direction. When Kat says that she's driving, Fiona doesn't argue. "Okie dokie." Fiona says making her way back to her truck. Once inside the truck, Fiona takes a couple of deep breaths and opens her mind to the vehicle. "Buckle up, likely gonna lose the roads before long." Fiona says going so far to buckle her safety restraint. Fiona pulls her truck behind the Titan robot. [color=blue]"Ready when you are."

Blessed be the Angel of Combustion, may you burn brightly among my pistons. Blessed be The Lord of Fire, may you guide us to those who have wronged this town. Blessed be Black on Black, to maintain the freedoms I have enjoyed as of late. Blessed be The Forge Father, that your works endure in this frame of composites and steel. Amen.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Wed May 02, 2018 6:26 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
9:52am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
38 degrees F (projected high of 46)


Once the excitement dies down, it's clear to everyone present that a band of dwarves is somehow involved in the disappearances (or at least the selective looting afterwards). As to what specific kind of dwarves, however, the jury is still out as Susan points out the diverse dwarven demographics -- including Corrigan's estranged kinsmen up around the Great Lakes. Corrigan is somewhat taken aback by the child's outburst but nods to Analoy as she steps back outside for a moment.

Analoy tries to bribe Becky into staying behind in Cadiz with plenty of food, but the girl isn't having any of it. "I... I don't want to stay here by myself. Please don't leave me. I'll be good, I promise. I'll help you look for Mommy, Daddy, Master Roshi, and everyone else. I'm real good at hide and seek. Just..." she glances at the doorway. "Please don't make me sit next to the short lady. At least not right now."

Assuming the group allows her to come along (which means not leaving anyone behind; she's quite insistent on not being left alone), the Salamander is shut down and locked up as Fiona takes point with Jez's robot jogging along behind. The wisdom in leaving the large vehicle behind quickly becomes apparent as the road isn't nearly as wide as the one connecting Cadiz with MercTown and with several low-hanging tree limbs over the roadway (the robot has to stoop over a bit to avoid branches or snap them off the trees entirely). Still, it's pretty clear from the disrupted foliage along the way along with the tracks/other signs of vehicles that they're on the right track and with just the two vehicles they're able to make decent time, only a slightly slower pace than they managed on the road getting them to Cadiz.

After about an hour of going mainly north/northeast along the road they come to a carved wooden sign:

Cadiz to Dawson.PNG


WELCOME TO DAWSON SPRINGS
"WHERE THE TREASURE IS LEGENDARY"


Jez (and Analoy if she agrees to let Becky come too) immediately recognizes the name of the town as being the location of the job they accepted from Merc Ops, and a quick check of their dossier files confirms it.

The tracks, for their part, seem to turn off down a road winding to the right (south/southeast).


What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Wed May 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 97
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 37

Tracking: People 65%=1d100 = 42
Detect Ambush 70%=1d100 = 86
Trap & Mine Detection 45%=1d100 = 58

Force Field: 68/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC

Frak Kat! How am I to be of any descent use if you leave me behind to babysit? With Becky there, Analoy tries to project a positive expression about being left behind as she shakes her head a Kat. "No, I don't have a radio." She looks a little sheepish at this admission and gladly excepts whatever Kat scrounges up and adorns it in an appropriate fashion.

When Becky starts clamoring about not being left behind, and more importantly, alone, Analoy perks up with a happy expression and says, "Oh, great! okay. You can come along but I have a job for you." She pauses for a moment and looks around at the others, staring daggers at anyone that starts to say something about the girl and her having to stay behind. Then she turns back to Becky with a smile, "Since we know you aren't affected by the Call, you are our backup. If any of us start being drawn away by the Call, Its your job to try and stop us any way you can." She reaches over and pats Becky on the knee, "Now grab Newt and stuff anything else you might need into a backpack and come on, but that backpack is your responsibility. No one is going to carry it for you. So pick what you want wisely." Analoy flashes back to one of her training sessions as a child, when she tried to pack for every scenario and grossly over packed. In the end Master K'Sarlex forbid her to dump anything from her pack to lighten the weight and she had to finish the training course with the heavy bag. But it taught her to choose wisely what she carries. At the end of the thought she feels a little sting about not having brought a radio with her on this mission. She leans in close to Becky, "Don't worry sweetie, you don't have to sit next to Corrigan if you don't want too. Besides, I think she smells a little funny."

Analoy keys her newly acquired radio when the wooden 'Dawson Springs' sign comes into view, "Dawson Springs? Isn't that the other job we took? Missing construction machinery. Missing mine equipment and missing laborers. Seems to me this is all playing together and is likely all connected. If we're lucky, we can kill two birds with one stone."

Analoy looks over to Becky, "Sweetie, you stay here and keep Fiona safe. I'm going to hop out for a minute and take a look around." With that, Analoy slips out of the truck and starts examining the road turning off to the south/southeast.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Thu May 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Perception 71%: 1d100 = 37
JIC d20: 1d20 = 1
JIC d100: 1d100 = 37

Kat shrugs. "That works too." Kat gets back on the horn. Change that, we're bringing the kid along. Given the seating requests, Kat assigns Corrigan the front seat.

Kat gets down to Becky's level before she gets in the ride. "We always use the buddy system. If we split up, everybody sticks with at least one other person. Jezebel and I are in charge. Unless you think we have been taken over by whatever is out here, what we say goes. Jezebel is the lady you blew up on. You good with all that?" Kat waits for an affirmative response, and continues. "You got middle. Analoy and I need the doors in case we need to get out quick to...." Ah hell, tell the truth."Kill something."

While Fi drives, Kat may begin humming the tune of the greatest song of all time* if Fiona doesn't turn on some tunes.


*Most watched music video in the history of the internet by total views at least. Don't forget I am an internet troll!
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Sun May 06, 2018 7:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 16

Cordelia is all buckled in and ready for action. Her adrenaline is pumping. However she now has to sit in the seat doing nothing until they arrive. She slowly goes from fidgeting in her seat to fighting to stay awake as the adrenaline washes off of her. She begins to crash. Her head is bobbing as she falls out. Not a long drive, but she slowly gives in to sleep.

As the Titan Robot arrives at its destination, she starts to wake up. OMG, Am I drooling? Cordelia sits up and fixes herself. She wipes her face and rubs her eyes and takes an assessment of what she missed and starts taking more pictures.
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Sun May 06, 2018 2:44 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 31
Detect Ambush ☞ 80% / 1d100 = 31
Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 22
Intelligence ☞ 74% / 1d100 = 34
Detect Concealment ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 67
Sensory Equipment ☞ 90% / 1d100 = 42
(All skills used to the purpose indicated in the last sentence.)

Townsend wrote:Jez (and Analoy if she agrees to let Becky come too) immediately recognizes the name of the town as being the location of the job they accepted from Merc Ops, and a quick check of their dossier files confirms it. The tracks, for their part, seem to turn off down a road winding to the right (south/southeast).

Analoy wrote:Analoy keys her newly acquired radio when the wooden 'Dawson Springs' sign comes into view, "Dawson Springs? Isn't that the other job we took? Missing construction machinery. Missing mine equipment and missing laborers. Seems to me this is all playing together and is likely all connected. If we're lucky, we can kill two birds with one stone."

"That's right, GIRLS. We've lucked our way into a two-for-one special. Let's not frak this up. I'm re-transmitting the dossier to all of you with visual data feeds now." Jez takes a moment to mentally access and direct the TR's C3 systems to do so.
Contracts wrote:Dossier on 1st Mission

Location:
  • Mining Town: Dawson Springs
  • about 25 miles to the northeast of Cadiz
Beshear Point Mine
  • in the hills to the south.

Contract Stipulations
Reward: 350k (minus 35,000 brokerage fee)
Payment: on successful return of mining equipment to Dawson Springs authorities
GIRLS is entitled to all salvage in mine and/or goods recovered from thieves

Secondary Contract
Fixer's cousin in Cadiz + missing townsfolk
Details:
  • 2 weeks without communication
  • 250,000 credit bounty from Fixer + Fixer's favor
  • Directive: "go check on them"

Cordelia wrote:Her head is bobbing as she falls out. Not a long drive, but she slowly gives in to sleep. As the Titan Robot arrives at its destination, she starts to wake up. Cordelia sits up and fixes herself. She wipes her face and rubs her eyes and takes an assessment of what she missed and starts taking more pictures.

Jez notices the sleeping scholar. No frakking professional dedication these rookies. Jez barks loudly at the Phlebus in the hopes of helping the rookie pull her head out of her ass and get in the game. "Hey! You gonna fall asleep when your teammates are under fire, too? Snap out of it! We've got a job to do, and lives are on the line. Next time you feel like a little shut-eye remember that there's a group of people likely being used as slaves who are depending on us, and on us being alert and ready for action." Okay, that was a fair dressing-down. My instructors would have called that a soft treatment, but I can't hold these life-long soft-bodies to the same standards as the A.D.F. right from the start.

Jez slows the TR's run to half its top speed so as to be more cautious, and continues to follow the tracks. "Slowing down a bit. Don't want to blunder into a trap. Don't give me a flat tire, Fi." Jez keeps her mark one eyeballs and the TR's sensors busy scanning the area for signs of danger or any unusual/out of place features. As she does so she speaks to Cordelia and Susan in the jump seats. "Keep your eyes peeled, you two. Keep a look out for any signs of people, traffic, and anything seemingly out of place, unusual, or obviously dangerous."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Tue May 08, 2018 7:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 37
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 57

Bzzzz bzzz bzzz... who knew mercenarying would be so boring?!? I wonder if this town has a Loose Goose as well? Will it follow the 'descriptor/animal' naming convention? If we keep going like this, I may have to make a study of it.

"Captain Jezebel, is it wise to bring the little girl into a hostile situation instead of just dropping her at MercTown with some kind of armed babysitting service?"

Sweet DNA, I hope there's more to do in this town than find a violin. Then, suddenly forgetting not to think outloud, "Perhaps more empowered children!"
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Fiona » Tue May 08, 2018 1:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 68
Conditions: Telemechanics (Linked w/ Truck)

Pilot: Automobiles 1d100 = 8/92%

Fiona is more than happy to be driving. When Kat begins to hum the insipid tune, Fiona with a mental flick turns on the radio. Fiona keeps an eye out for obvious hazards, but leaves the actual tracking to the experts. When Jez radios for Fiona to take point she sighs. "Roger that, taking point."

Why put the lightly armored combat truck in front of the twenty-four foot tall Titan robot? Fiona thinks with a sigh as she turns down the road towards their quarry.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Wed May 09, 2018 1:20 am

(Rolls Held)

Sensory Equipment 48%: 1d100 = 23
Climbing 73-10(armor)= 63%: 1d100 = 85

When Jezebel has Fiona slow down, Kat takes the opportunity to bail out of the slowly moving vehicle. Kat slings her duffel bag of guns onto her back, calls out, "I'm gonna go see what I can see. All the metal in this truck ruins my sensors." and makes a running drop from the moving truck with her Naruni rifle in hand.

Kat slaps the button to kick on her suit's Naruni force field as she moves away from the truck at her top running speed for the nearest handy cover (Jez's bot will do in a pinch- but if there is a ditch, bush, or rock pile closer....) and pops on her sensor suite.

The City Rat finds a nearby tree to jump/climb into, or failing that- climbs the back of Jez's Titan bot. Using the patented Naruni sensors, Kat checks out the direction of both the town and the town's nearby mine with her 'mark-2 eyeballs' at up to 20x magnification and overlays it inside her head with the sensors using her optical implant and data connection. The City Rat will immediately report anything suspicious she detects.

Ever the pessimist, Kat calls out on the horn. "Here's hoping there's an authority left in Dawson Springs to deliver to."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Thu May 10, 2018 7:40 pm

"Ahh-firmative..." Becky salutes when Analoy gives her the 'job' before she runs off and comes back a few minutes later with a backpack. "Newt and I will keep a close eye on you." True to her word, she doesn't say much on the trip but keeps looking at the others intently. The trip does pass rather uneventfully, possibly TOO uneventfully as Cordelia nods off only to be shouted back awake by the melodious sound of Jez's voice as she gently rebukes her teammate.

When the group arrive at the sign, Kat gets out for a better view and can see more of the town in the distance. It's clearly a larger town than Cadiz (no doubt in part to the legends about the nearby mine), complete with a walled-off portion in the center. A tributary river on the other side of the city empties into a lake to the city's southeast. Buildings of various sizes, types, and stages of disrepair spill out along the roads in/out of the town and into the land between the walls and the lake, forming a smaller version of MercTown's Dockside district. To add further contrast to Cadiz, activity can be seen in the distance as citizens of Dawson Springs seem to be going about their daily business.

The tracks clearly turn off the main road into the city and onto the road going away to the southeast. The first buildings on the outskirts of town are about a mile away. The group is now faced with a question -- follow the tracks, or investigate the town?

Dawson Springs Map copy.jpg



(OOC: Alright, I know it's a crap update... but what happens next is going to depend on what y'all decide to do next.)
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Thu May 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 21

Tracking: People 65%=1d100 = 73
Detect Ambush 70%=1d100 = 7
Trap & Mine Detection 45%=1d100 = 2

Force Field: 68/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC


Analoy looks over to what is obviously Dawson Springs, down the road to the north and then down the cut off road to the southeast. Clicking her comms mic, she says, "The people from Cadiz went down this road to the southeast but Dawson Springs is the place we're supposed to be looking into the missing mining equipment. We could go poke around town, but my money is on both of these events being tied together somehow. I suggest we keep following the tracks down the road to the southeast." She looks up at Jez's robot and gives a shrug that says, 'Its your call. What's it going to be?'

While she waits for a reply, Analoy looks over to Fiona's truck and gives Becky a little wave. It's strange that the kidnappers seem to be this close to a big town. Especially if they are doing some time of secret mining op.
Last edited by Analoy on Wed May 16, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Fri May 11, 2018 7:28 am

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 89
Detect Ambush ☞ 80% / 1d100 = 46
Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 73
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons ☞ 73% / 1d100 = 62
Intelligence ☞ 74% / 1d100 = 88
Sensory Equipment ☞ 90% / 1d100 = 10
(All skills used in the reconnoitering of the city for useful information.)

Analoy wrote:"The people from Cadiz went down this road to the southeast but Dawson Springs is the place we're supposed to be looking into the missing mining equipment. We could go poke around town, but my money is on both of these events being tired together somehow. I suggest we keep following the tracks down the road to the southeast." She looks up at Jez's robot and gives a shrug that says, 'Its your call. What's it going to be?'


On approach to the city, Jez does an IR sweep of the town for signs of intense heat figuring that's a tell-tale sign of heavy machinery. Once finished, she pilots the TR into the woods and a bit off of the road. She looks up to Cordelia and Susan in the cockpit with her. "We're going in on foot to gather intel. Gear up. When we're in town, keep your eyes and ears open, and keep your head on a swivel. If asked, we're here investigating the legends associated with the mine." Jez strips off her damaged A.D.F. fatigues and dons her NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor, her Stalker Suit worn underneath. She slings her NE-95 "Double Threat" Assault Rifle across her back on its strap, grabs her purse, makes sure her harness is on, her holsters in place, and all her gear is securely in place. Donning her helmet she keys on the mic to her suit's top of the line comm suite. The HUD opens up across the visor, displaying information and the status of the various features of the suit. This is quite impressive. I'll be damned if the designers didn't manage to surpass Arismal engineering of this suit. "Cordelia, Susan, and myself are heading into town to gather intel posing as adventurers looking into the mine's legends. I'd suggest the rest of you stick with Kat and investigate as Analoy suggested. Fi's truck shouldn't draw too much attention, but we're leaving the TR secured here in the woods outside of town. Feedback?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/950
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Sat May 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 82
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 95

Jezebel wrote:On approach to the city, Jez does an IR sweep of the town for signs of intense heat figuring that's a tell-tale sign of heavy machinery. Once finished, she pilots the TR into the woods and a bit off of the road. She looks up to Cordelia and Susan in the cockpit with her. "We're going in on foot to gather intel. Gear up. When we're in town, keep your eyes and ears open, and keep your head on a swivel. If asked, we're here investigating the legends associated with the mine." Jez strips off her damaged A.D.F. fatigues and dons her NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor, her Stalker Suit worn underneath. She slings her NE-95 "Double Threat" Assault Rifle across her back on its strap, grabs her purse, makes sure her harness is on, her holsters in place, and all her gear is securely in place. Donning her helmet she keys on the mic to her suit's top of the line comm suite. The HUD opens up across the visor, displaying information and the status of the various features of the suit. This is quite impressive. I'll be damned if the designers didn't manage to surpass Arismal engineering of this suit. "Cordelia, Susan, and myself are heading into town to gather intel posing as adventurers looking into the mine's legends. I'd suggest the rest of you stick with Kat and investigate as Analoy suggested. Fi's truck shouldn't draw too much attention, but we're leaving the TR secured here in the woods outside of town. Feedback?"


Susan waits expectantly as orders are given. "Commander," she says. "Since we're tracking missing mining equipment and the mining equipment also went missing from Cadiz, is it logical to think that the heavy vehicle tracks we're following might also lead to the local missing mining equipment? Plus, if these dwarves are racists, perhaps they're doing mining, thinking that they have no other career options. That said, this town seems like EXACTLY the kind of place that there could be god knows what kind of random DNA alterations in the populace, so I'm ready to go when you are."

Susan grabs her sample backpack, other equipment, and puts on her helmet, completing the outfit, ready to go where Jez tells her.
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:37 pm

[rolls held]

Analoy nods as she heads back over to the truck. Keying her radio's comm mic, Analoy says, "You're the boss, boss!"

Analoy motions everyone else back to the task at hand and says, "Okay, we keep following the tracks. Their going to check out the town for any intel that might be able to gleen." He looks around at what is now the second group and says, "Our objective is to gather any intel we can. Not to engage. Once we have the information we need, we should pull back and radio the rest of the team. Then Jez and Kat can determine our plan of action."

Analoy climbs up on the side of the truck so its easier for her to disembark. As she does so, she says to Becky, "You get any weird feelings, you let us know." she ends with a smile and a wink at the little girl.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Fri May 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Cordelia feels like she could morph into a mouse and hide after Jezebel scolds her. She couldn't help it. But now she has to shake that off and get into the game. Time for action. At the call of action Cordelia is awake and ready to go run intel.
"Roger Ma'am" She says to Jezebel.
She gathers her things and prepares to climb out of the TR. A new town is always exciting. New stuff gets her giddy.
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Sat May 19, 2018 9:34 pm

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 34
JIC d20: 1d20 = 11
JIC d100: 1d100 = 40

History: Post-Apocalyptic (MercTown Area) 73%: 1d100 = 45 (Anything Kat can remember)
Streetwise 67%: 1d100 = 32 (Dressing Down)
Appraise Goods 73%: 1d100 = 92 (Dressing Down)
Invoke Trust 65%: 1d100 = 31 (Talking Jez into it)
Barter 72%: 1d100 = 61 (Talking Jez into it)

Firstly, Kat is rather shocked that Jez is willing to just leave 10 million credits worth of military hardware just lying about. Man, she's such a target for blatant thievery. For the first time, and likely not the last, Kat thinks of the payday she could get screwing over her new teammates. Nah, that would make me no better than Quantum keeping choice spoils for herself.

Once she gets over that, Kat speaks up to voice her mind. "Maybe you should keep moving on, and I'll go check out the town. I'll want Susan, and either Cordelia or Fi. I'm picking based on marketable talents- teachers, doctors, and mechanics open a lot of doors. I'm more in my element inside a cluster of buildings anyways. I'm a local, so there's not much need for subterfuge. We're out renting our talents, and my specialty is bartering. Skilled workers have a reason to keep me around. Maybe we can make a few extra bucks while collecting intel."

Kat dumps her sack of guns out in the back seat of Fi's car. The City Rat selects one of her Triax Rifles, and swaps out one of her NE-6s for her Slim Line Beretta. Kat will roll in mud or dust to make her own stylish Naruni suit seem more beat up looking, then Kat adjusts her improvised poncho and attempts to look at herself in Fi's truck mirror. Judging herself 'dressed down' enough, Kat nods to herself. Then Kat packs the rest of the guns back in the bag, and says "I'm not using my Naruni Rifle, and there are some other nice pieces in the sack. Break 'em and you bought 'em, but use 'em if you can live with that. If you find any slaves or prisoners, you can arm them too." Kat's last suggestion brings her mind back to Inculta, and putting a bullet in a man's brain for the first time. The City Rat shakes that out of her head.

If Fiona stays with Kat, Kat recommends someone else drive her vehicle, and suggests Fiona only carry a portable tool kit. Kat suggests her team enter town on foot, and leave the flashiest gear with the mine team.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Previous

Return to G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest