First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Dawson Springs

Captain Cullen provides more details on the timeline of events regarding the disappearance of the Magic Miner. He also produces an image of the vehicle:

Magic Miner 02.png


Between his details and the information the G.I.R.L.S. have obtained from other sources (Fixer, Becky, Czervowski’s terminal, etc.) a rough composite timeline breaks down as follows:

  • Tuesday, December 24, 110 PA: Bella Venezia arrives in Cadiz needing a tire/wheel repair
  • Friday, January 03, 111 PA: Thomas Czervowski gets parts in for Bella's repairs
  • Thursday, January 09, 111 PA: Bella Venezia leaves Cadiz; Magic Miner discovered missing from secure garage shortly after 0600, prompting quiet internal investigation. Beshear Point Mine is the first place they investigate, but there is no tangible sign of the vehicle at the site.
  • Wednesday, January 15, 111 PA: Dawson Springs suspends internal investigation regarding theft of Magic Miner and decides to contract out
  • Thursday, January 16, 111 PA: Bernard & Bianca Reitherman leave Cadiz "on a lead"
  • Friday, January 17, 111 PA: Courier from Dawson Springs leaves for MercTown to arrange contract with Merc Ops
  • Monday, January 20, 111 PA: Last time Fixer heard from Sulley, and the Reithermans are the only ones missing from Cadiz; Merc Ops opens contract for Merc Ops
  • Tuesday, January 21, 111 PA: Cullen learns of the Reithermans being gone from Cadiz from mechanic Thomas Czervowski, who came to Dawson Springs searching for some motorcycle parts and who headed out back to Cadiz that same day
  • Wednesday, January 29, 111 PA: Master Roshi succumbs to "the call" and is the last resident to leave Cadiz
  • Tuesday, February 04, 111 PA: Griswold, the owner of Dawson Springs' main garage, leaves for MercTown on monthly supply run. He should be back sometime Friday.
  • Wednesday, February 05, 111 PA: GIRLS accept the Dawson Springs contract as well as Fixer Jones' request to check on Cadiz residents
  • Thursday, February 06, 111 PA (TODAY): GIRLS reach Cadiz; reach Dawson Springs and Beshear Point Mine later in the day

((OOC: I’m assuming that along the way one of y’all will twig onto the idea of compiling notes into something like this. You’re welcome.))

Cullen pulls out his radio and calls for Constable Varrick to join them. The dwarf’s sour expression hasn’t improved any -- if anything it’s worsened -- but he seems to be fairly forthcoming with details.

  • The locks to the garage did not appear to have been forced or tampered with.
  • The garage has some additional security measures (cameras, motion sensors, etc.) focused on/directed at the approach to the garage doors. The camera feeds recorded nothing unusual in the hours between the previous patrol after the last shift change and when Varrick came by to do his rounds that morning.
  • The Magic Miner was kept in a bay with a chain link gate. The padlock appeared to have been either crudely cut off or possibly pulled apart.
  • There were no tracks leading out from the bay, but there were some odd X-shaped skid marks where the Magic Miner was sitting.
  • Beshear Point Mine was the first place they investigated. The only treasure seekers at the mine were a group of dwarves with the standard statement of “looking for the rumored treasure but haven’t found anything yet.” The only tracked vehicle tracks at the mine entrance matched up to one of their vehicles, a converted Northern Gun Cargonaut.
  • All local garages, warehouses, and any locations big enough to house the Magic Miner were investigated as quietly as possible after its disappearance -- even Griswold’s, who had the contract to work on the city’s vehicles and who was one of the few outside of the city’s government cleared to access the secure garage. No traces of the Miner were found inside the city.

Susan Lee wrote:"Standard earth warlock mining equipment, understood. Phallic. Did you happen to put a tracking device inside this extremely expensive vehicle of yours? Did it come standard-equipped with anything like that?"


Cullen shakes his head. "I suppose that seems rather a no-brainer in hindsight, but my predecessor figured if someone did manage to learn the vehicle's location, breach the security, get the vehicle running, and successfully drive it out of the garage it could easily be tracked." He sighs. "Captain Meredith was a good soldier and her heart was in the right place, but she was prone to placing too much confidence in her abilities."

Susan Lee wrote:When he mentions Griswold having left, she stares at him for a moment. "So a giant machine disappears and the person who handles repairing the largest machines leaves the next day. Did you check him out before he left or send someone to take a peek into his shop?"


Cullen raises an eyebrow. "One, Master Griswold only left day before yesterday and the Miner went missing almost a month ago. Two, he was thoroughly vetted before he was awarded the contract to service the city's vehicles. Three, yes of course we questioned him along with his staff and investigated his business."

Susan Lee wrote:"Did you check for Bigby's Sulphrous Transmigration?!?" she interjects suddenly, and rudely.


Cullen's patience is clearly starting to wear thin with Susan at this point. "I am not a mage, Doctor Lee..." he says with discernible effort at remaining calm and professional. "I am a soldier who knows the ways of the sword, the gun, and the robot. I am a man tasked with the security and well-being of Dawson Springs' citizens and I am a man trying his sincere best to extend every reasonable ounce of professional courtesy he can to the group that has agreed to investigate this theft and hopefully succeed where our regular resources have failed to turn up any leads. If your group happens to have a mage on its roster, then I would be more than happy to escort him or her down into the secure garage so that he or she may check for this 'transmigration' you mentioned."

He looks at the group. “Now, do you have any further questions for us?”



Beshear Point Mine

Jez lines out a plan of action, which results in affirmations from Fiona and Analoy while Corrigan only shrugs. “I’ll try if you need me, but it’s not like all us dwarves are in the same dwarf-only club.”

Analoy wrote:When Jez starts to head down, Analoy turns to Becky, Fiona and Corrigan. She was going to just nod to the women, but she notices just how uncomfortable Fiona looks. Giving Becky a smile, she says, "I'm going down there. You stick with Fiona. She'll keep you safe." Analoy turns to Fiona, "We'll give the comms a double click when its safe to come down. Even still, try to stay out of sight as much as possible. Corrigan, if this doesn't go as planned, charge down like you own the place. Your size should confuse them long enough to get things done." Provided they really are all dwarves and it doesn't turn out that dwarves just happened to be the ones that came to the town. But given the guard... She lets her speculation trail off as she turns and starts to slink down toward the mine entrance shadowing Jez.


“Ahhh-firmative,” Becky gives a salute and moves closer to Fiona. “Don’t worry, Miss Fiona, Newt and I will help. Just tell us what to do. I can hit things pretty hard when I want to, but usually I just hit them hard enough to knock them away…” a sheepish expression crosses her face. “I’m real sorry about hitting Miss Jez at the window. She scared me is all. I’m glad I didn’t hurt her.” She looks up at Fiona’s arms and chest. “Your tattoos don’t look like Miss Analoy’s. Do they tell a story? Do they give you powers? Master Roshi says some people have magic tattoos that gives them powers. He calls them ‘Atty-tea-lans’ or something like that.”

((OOC: If Fiona passes her perception check this round, she notices that one of the vehicles parked by the entrance is a TW Zone Ranger that more or less matches the one Czervowski raved about in his terminal logs.))

Meanwhile, Jez puts her extraterrestrial Special Ops skills to the test and makes her way swiftly and quietly to the impromptu watchtower without any signs that her presence has been detected -- her confidence boosted by hearing the not-so-soft sounds of snoring coming from the watchtower itself. Her approach is soundless as she comes up behind the guard, but suddenly his snoring changes into a shudder as he suddenly wakes back up and springs to his feet. It’s a wasted gesture though as with seemingly little more than a flick of Jez’s wrists the garrote is around his neck. Well, around his neck and his beard… but it’s still in a place where it can do exactly what she threatens to do.
The guard nods slowly and whispers somewhat nervously. “P-p-please don’t. I’ll tell you everything I know. I don’t want to die. The boss doesn’t pay me enough to risk my neck like this…” he tries to force out a nervous laugh, but it dies as a gurgle in his throat.

Analoy follows along behind Jez and similarly avoids obvious detection as she approaches the watchtower. She’s got a decent view of Jez coming up behind the guard when he suddenly jumps to his feet and looks around. He seems to make eye contact with her for only a moment before Jez gets his full undivided attention.

From her vantage point, Fiona can see the events unfold at the watchtower as well. At her side she can hear Becky giggle softly. “See Newt? They know what they’re doing. I told you.”
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 88
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 31

Susan takes a long blink at Commander McSkinner. Definitely not in on it and no magical knowledge.

Then a huge grin splits her face. "Thank you for your candor!" she says. "Perhaps I missed something, but I don't think you told us about Captain Meredith before or what happened to her?"

She motions for Kat to step aside, then when they're 'private,' she loudly whispers, "We should check the large vehicle repair business again in case they needed parts after stealing the vehicle. I have a feeling it's still near the town. Also, does the weird track marks sound like something big picked up the Warlock Burrower and carried it away?"
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Fiona » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:12 pm

Perception: EP Success.
Just in Case: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 32
Conditions: None.

Fiona nods at the commentary about waiting till things are clear. When Becky moves closer Fiona smiles at the girl. "For the moment dear we're going to keep quietish and wait for Miss Jez and Analoy to deal with the guards." When Becky expresses remorse for accidentally attacking Jez. "She's a tough lady, she's just fine and you were just defending yourself from strangers." Fiona says like someone may to a little sister, not that Fiona has ever had one.

"My tattoos? oh some of them tell a story, like this one." Fiona says while pointing at a angel wreathed in flames with a silhouette of a big block engine behind it. "This is the Angel of Combustion, she's the patron of automobiles, she wants me to build the greatest vehicle ever. While this one..." Fiona says while pointing to a bronzed skinned hunchback, with a massive hammer before a blackened anvil. "Is the Forge Father, he is the god of creations, he guides those that create things. I have a few more that have meaning, but... they're a little harder to show you while wearing this outfit." Fiona says.

She doesn't need to know about The Lord of Fire... He's a bit macabre for a child, and I doubt she's understand the concept of Black on Black. Fiona thinks while keeping an eye on the situation with the sentry. Hmmm... that Zone Ranger, Czervowski wrote about one. I wonder if it's the same?
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Image
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:11 am

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 98

Force Field: 36/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC

Prowl 60%=1d100 = 7

Analoy gives the dwarf a smile when he makes eye contact, which only grows a bit bigger when it serves as a distraction for Jez and she gets the better on him. Analoy then continues to slink in toward the guard's post. Sliding up next to the vehicle being used for it's elevated position, Analoy mutters up to Jez, "Does he know where everyone is? Are they down in the mine?"

Analoy scans the area to see if their are any other guards they missed when they were looking over the camp.
If she see someone else, Analoy will motion to Jez of the other person's presence and then sneak off toward the person as she pulls her net gun out.

If no one else can be seen, Analoy will say, "Still looks clear out here. I'll go find some rope or a place we can lock him up." Frak, I really should start carrying some zip ties or handcuffs. Not used to that though, when I played the bad guy with Master K'Sarlex it was almost always just beat them unconscious. Couldn't go looking weak in front of the Sploog minions.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:20 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 42
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 57
Interrogation ☞ 90% / 1d100 = 55 (to get the info she wants)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88% / 1d100 = 50 (to persuade him of the truth of her stated intentions)

Townsend wrote:Jez puts her extraterrestrial Special Ops skills to the test and makes her way swiftly and quietly to the impromptu watchtower without any signs that her presence has been detected -- her confidence boosted by hearing the not-so-soft sounds of snoring coming from the watchtower itself. Her approach is soundless as she comes up behind the guard, but suddenly his snoring changes into a shudder as he suddenly wakes back up and springs to his feet. It’s a wasted gesture though as with seemingly little more than a flick of Jez’s wrists the garrote is around his neck. Well, around his neck and his beard… but it’s still in a place where it can do exactly what she threatens to do. The guard nods slowly and whispers somewhat nervously. “P-p-please don’t. I’ll tell you everything I know. I don’t want to die. The boss doesn’t pay me enough to risk my neck like this…” he tries to force out a nervous laugh, but it dies as a gurgle in his throat. Analoy follows along behind Jez and similarly avoids obvious detection as she approaches the watchtower. She’s got a decent view of Jez coming up behind the guard when he suddenly jumps to his feet and looks around. He seems to make eye contact with her for only a moment before Jez gets his full undivided attention.

Analoy wrote:Analoy gives the dwarf a smile when he makes eye contact, which only grows a bit bigger when it serves as a distraction for Jez and she gets the better on him. Analoy then continues to slink in toward the guard's post. Sliding up next to the vehicle being used for it's elevated position, Analoy mutters up to Jez, "Does he know where everyone is? Are they down in the mine?" If no one else can be seen, Analoy will say, "Still looks clear out here. I'll go find some rope or a place we can lock him up."

First, a reminder of Setis' power and constant nearness. Jez keeps her voice low, intimidating, and intimate. She responds to Analoy, but is clearly also speaking to the guard. "We're about to find out, partner. This here guard wisely lives by the principle of self-interest. Nothing is of value if you're dead. Right, friend?" She eases back on the garrote just enough to allow the guard ample room to breath and speak. And then we reveal the might of Vinayaka's influence on the mortal realm. "If you deal straight with me, the worst that will happen is we might have to knock you out with a drug. If you don't deal straight, I remove your head from your body and bury each separately after the wildlife have picked your bones clean." Jez smiles. "We only want information from you. Not your life. So...some questions. First off: are you required to check in periodically, and if so, how long do we have until your next check-in? Second: We're looking for the townsfolk from Cadiz. Tell me everything you know about where they are and what happened to cause them to leave Cadiz. Third: who's in the mine, what are they after, and how would they respond to us entering the mine plain as day?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:56 am

[rolls held]

Charm/Impress: 20%=1d100 = 87

Analoy puts on an evil grin, making sure the guy can see her, she says, "I'd do what she says buddy. From what I hear, the last guy she dealt with ended up in a dumpster with a broken neck. He may or may not have been dead at the time."

Finished with her taunting of the captured man, Analoy slips away to check over the mine entrance area and to find a place to stash their new friend.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 74

Cordelia is taking notes. Writing it all down. She made a few sketches of the Captain and his surroundings. She sketched a map of the area. She was so busy writing it down she almost didn't look at it. She paused looked at it sideways and started chewing on her pencil eraser. She look over to Kat. Nods a little but says nothing. Time to move.
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:30 am

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 39
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC d100: 1d100 = 65



"This Meredith was your predecessor, I assume?" Kat jots the name down with a question mark next to it.

"I'd like to examine the scene of the crime, if you'd be so kind."

When the hour is up Kat makes a call on the radio to Jez and her team. "Howdy, partner. We got some information, and more importantly- we've got a timeline of events. How's things on your end?"
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:48 pm

At the end of the post, the time will be…

The Weatherman wrote:Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
11:00am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
Roughly 1 hour has passed since the group split up; time for checking in
44 degrees F (projected high of 46)



On Today's Episode of 'CSI: Dawson Springs...'

Kat Porter wrote:"This Meredith was your predecessor, I assume?" Kat jots the name down with a question mark next to it.

Susan Lee wrote:Then a huge grin splits her face. "Thank you for your candor!" she says. "Perhaps I missed something, but I don't think you told us about Captain Meredith before or what happened to her?"


Cullen nods. “Captain Ruth Meredith. I’m told she was a Juicer from up Ishpeming way. Claimed to be one of those new ‘Mega-Juicers’ like what they just recently started making out in Kingsdale. Personally I had my doubts when I first signed on, but she was a lot stronger and tougher than any other Juicer I’ve ever encountered. I’ve seen her take laser blasts that would have blown a hole straight through my armor, and it only made her mad. Unfortunately about a year after I got here she started going through what I guess they call ‘last call’ -- only it wasn’t like anything like I’d seen or heard about. First sign was her eyes started glowing really bright. So bright you could see them through her sunglasses. Then the rest of her started to glow and would start to burn anyone who so much as shook her hand. Wasn’t long after that she started to turn the ground she walked on into lava. Finally met her end when we were taking out a gang of raiders camped out on the local roads. She was slugging it out toe-to-toe with a couple of Larmacs in the thick of their camp when suddenly she just… blew up.” He makes an explosion gesture with his hands. “She literally exploded like a detonated fusion block clamped to a fuel tank. Reduced those Larmacs to cinders and melted the armor off the APC they were fighting next to.” He shook his head. “The raiders just threw down their guns and surrendered; I guess they were afraid we’d send more suicide bombers after them.”

Kat Porter wrote:"I'd like to examine the scene of the crime, if you'd be so kind."


“I figured you might,” Cullen says as he stands up. “I’ll need to make some calls to get it set up, please excuse me a moment.” He and Varrick step outside giving Kat, Susan and Cordelia an opportunity to briefly confab amongst themselves for a few minutes before the sound of a hovercraft can be heard outside the door and Cullen comes back inside. “Ladies, if you’ll come with me I’ll take you to the ‘scene of the crime’ as you called it.” Outside is an NG knock-off of a CS Command Car (re-painted to look like a classic police car) with a constable manning the tail gunner station. Cullen takes the pilot’s seat and gestures for the G.I.R.L.S. to climb in as well.

Image

A few minutes later the group finds itself gliding into the secured garage where the Magic Miner was kept. Its bay has crime scene tape across the front and it doesn’t appear to have been disturbed since the theft was discovered. Those who pass their perception checks will notice that what’s left of the padlock is still remaining, hanging on the gate like a mangled decoration and from close inspection it looks like it was physically torn in two. The skid marks are still there as well, with the scratches in the concrete floor being deeper at the outside edges and getting shallower as they go inward. They stop altogether about two feet from each other.

As they inspect the crime scene, it becomes time for the check-in with the other team so Kat whistles up her extraterrestrial business partner to share what her group has found.


Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justic -- er, ah, Beshear Point Mine…

Fiona wrote:"My tattoos? oh some of them tell a story, like this one." Fiona says while pointing at a angel wreathed in flames with a silhouette of a big block engine behind it. "This is the Angel of Combustion, she's the patron of automobiles, she wants me to build the greatest vehicle ever. While this one..." Fiona says while pointing to a bronzed skinned hunchback, with a massive hammer before a blackened anvil. "Is the Forge Father, he is the god of creations, he guides those that create things. I have a few more that have meaning, but... they're a little harder to show you while wearing this outfit." Fiona says.


Becky perks up at the mention of the Forge Father. “Oh I’ve seen him before -- Mister Tom has him on his arm,” she says as she points to her bicep. “He likes to take off his shirt to work when it gets hot in his garage. He’s got as many tattoos as you and Miss An’loy.”

Becky giggles at the mention of Fiona having to take off her outfit to show more tats. “I wouldn’t, you’ll get cold like Miss An’loy. She says she doesn’t get cold, but I bet she does and just says that so she’ll sound tough.”

Speaking of Analoy…

Analoy wrote:"Does he know where everyone is? Are they down in the mine?" If no one else can be seen, Analoy will say, "Still looks clear out here. I'll go find some rope or a place we can lock him up."


After a few minutes of rifling around in some of the vehicles (or at least in the various tool boxes/saddlebags/etc attached to their exteriors) while Jez questions their prisoner, Analoy finds a length of sturdy-looking rope.

Jezebel wrote:Jez keeps her voice low, intimidating, and intimate. She responds to Analoy, but is clearly also speaking to the guard. "We're about to find out, partner. This here guard wisely lives by the principle of self-interest. Nothing is of value if you're dead. Right, friend?" She eases back on the garrote just enough to allow the guard ample room to breathe and speak. And then we reveal the might of Vinayaka's influence on the mortal realm. "If you deal straight with me, the worst that will happen is we might have to knock you out with a drug. If you don't deal straight, I remove your head from your body and bury each separately after the wildlife have picked your bones clean." Jez smiles. "We only want information from you. Not your life. So...some questions. First off: are you required to check in periodically, and if so, how long do we have until your next check-in? Second: We're looking for the townsfolk from Cadiz. Tell me everything you know about where they are and what happened to cause them to leave Cadiz. Third: who's in the mine, what are they after, and how would they respond to us entering the mine plain as day?"


“Y-y-yeah, sure, whatever you say…” the dwarf nervously whispers. “Look, I ain’t no murderer. I ain’t no slaver. I’m just a guy with five kids to feed back home and needed the money. Alright?” He takes a gulp and a breath now that his throat’s not as closed off. “Yeah, I gotta check in every half hour. Just checked in a few minutes ago. There’s a bunch of folks out here helping us in the mine. I dunno if they’re from Cadiz or not. They all just started showing up, like they got some big invite or something. The boss said she’d put out a call for help finding the treasure. I didn’t ask how. All I know is I ain’t no miner, and they were.” He takes another long breath with his eyes closed, almost as if he’s trying to hold back tears. “Please… that’s all I know. I don’t get paid to ask questions. The boss says ‘shoot that,’ I shoot that. The boss says ‘go stand guard,’ I go stand guard. The boss say something and I ask why, she puts her boot up against my head and says ‘I don’t pay you to think, Monroe.’”

Right about that time, Jez hears Kat’s voice on her comlink (as do Fiona and Analoy):

Kat Porter wrote:"Howdy, partner. We got some information, and more importantly- we've got a timeline of events. How's things on your end?"



What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:31 am

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 85
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 15
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons ☞ 73% / 1d100 = 20 (to find anything Monroe is hiding)
Detect Concealment ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 8 (to find anything Monroe is hiding)
Interrogation ☞ 90% / 1d100 = 46 (self-evident)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88% / 1d100 = 6 (self-evident)

Townsend wrote:“Y-y-yeah, sure, whatever you say…” the dwarf nervously whispers. “Look, I ain’t no murderer. I ain’t no slaver. I’m just a guy with five kids to feed back home and needed the money. Alright?” He takes a gulp and a breath now that his throat’s not as closed off. “Yeah, I gotta check in every half hour. Just checked in a few minutes ago. There’s a bunch of folks out here helping us in the mine. I dunno if they’re from Cadiz or not. They all just started showing up, like they got some big invite or something. The boss said she’d put out a call for help finding the treasure. I didn’t ask how. All I know is I ain’t no miner, and they were.” He takes another long breath with his eyes closed, almost as if he’s trying to hold back tears. “Please… that’s all I know. I don’t get paid to ask questions. The boss says ‘shoot that,’ I shoot that. The boss says ‘go stand guard,’ I go stand guard. The boss say something and I ask why, she puts her boot up against my head and says ‘I don’t pay you to think, Monroe.'"

Oh, good. He's a mercenary like ourselves. He's just a really shitty mercenary. We should be able to come to an arrangement. Jez pats the dwarf down and relieves him of any weapons he might have on him with her free hand. "Well, Monroe, I do pay you to think. I'm a mercenary now, after all, and so it's the creed we live by. Your boss lady sounds like a real bitch. What the boss lady's name? What kind of woman is she? What does she do? Of what is she capable? I'm already going to pay you with your life for being wise enough to accept defeat and for being straight with me. But I'm going to go a step further and actually pay you more if you can layer on some useful details. For the record, we're here to rescue those miners, so on top of being paid, you'll be doing some good to offset your cowardice at turning a blind eye to this evil bitch's deeds." She pulls her black card from out of a pocket on her harness and waves it before the dwarf's face (Non-Secure Black Card: 5,100 credits). "Pretty good pay day and more than enough compensation for some useful intel, dontcha think? Should be able to do some real good for the kids with this, right?" She replaces the card. "Sound like a deal? Yes? Okay, then rack your brain and spill your guts."

Kat Porter wrote:"Howdy, partner. We got some information, and more importantly- we've got a timeline of events. How's things on your end?"

Jez radios back in on their secure channel. "We're at the mine. Have control over access to the mine. I'm interviewing a person who knows plenty and feels compelled to be cooperative. I'll get back with you soon with more details."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:08 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 27
JIC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 80

Prowl 60%=1d100 = 74

Conditions:
Force Field: 35/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC

After finding the rope, Analoy returns to where Jez is talking to Monroe. Seeing that Jez has things well in hand, Analoy keeps her eyes open on the yard at large. I wonder if this sleaze is the only guy they have watching the entrance area? She shrugs to herself and keeps on looking around, just in case anyone else pops up or decides to come up, out of the mine.

When the call comes in from Kat, Analoy is about to say something when Jez replies, so she keeps quiet and continues to watch over the mine entrance. Looking down at the rope in her hand, she ponders, maybe I should just shoot him with my snare gun. Or we could just run him off but I don't trust that he will circle back around to put the squeeze on us.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:20 am

(rolls held over)

Jez looks back over her shoulder at Analoy. That girl's itching to do something...which means the others are likely getting anxious. "You've got itchy feet. Go, gather the others and check out the entrance. Be cautious. Be quiet. All that good stuff." She throws her a wink and returns to her interrogation.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 20
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 18

Susan nods sympathetically while Robelfur Sherrifson is telling his story about his predecessor. "Sad. And fascinating. She sounds very powerful...and also nice. I'm sorry for your loss." Then, to herself, "I wonder if a dampening forcefield would reduce the chance of damage to bystanders? Perhaps triggering burster-like abilities?!?"

Not noticing the crushed lock, Susan looks around the rest of the site.

And, not having enough experience with it, she's not familiar with any particular spells that would produce this kind of lift pattern.

"It... kind of looks like someone was picking it up while it was shrinking/losing mass," she says, including pronouncing the slash. "I'm still guessing a super-strength being with assisting magic. Unless there's an implosion spell and we're looking for a very small orb of metal and crystal."
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:39 pm

[rolls held]

Prowl 60%(+15% with darkness powers total 75%)=74 Pass

Conditions:
Force Field: 35/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC
Black Sun (Darkness Powers) (40) - 30/30 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)

Analoy smiles and gives Jez a nod, then she set out back toward the overlook where the others are waiting. Winding her way back through the camp, she tries to keep to cover as best she can as she makes her way up to where the other are watching from.

Poking her head up over the edge of the ridge, Analoy says, "Hey ya. Jez has the one guard in hand. Its time for you guys to come on down. I'll lead the way. Just try to keep quiet." She turns and start to lead the small group back down to where Jez is, offering a hand if anyone needs it.

When/If they all make it back down to where Jez is without any issues, Analoy turns to Becky and says, "You're doing great sweetie. Keep watching out for Fiona." She gives the girl a big smile and continues, "Wanna see something fun?" She waits for a little nod or other affirmation then makes an exaggerated gesture as she reaches up to her left shoulder and presses the Black Sun tattoo there, funneling the needed PPE out of her mace, Zdeslav, just in case she gets separated from her gear and needs her internal shores later. As soon as she presses the tattoo, Analoy disappears into a black cloud of inky darkness which drifts off, moving from shadow to shadow towards the entrance of the mine.

When/If Analoy makes it the the mine entrance, She will stop and take a look around to get her bearings.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:31 pm

MINI-UPDATE
(Mainly for Fiona and Haley)


Results of Fiona's EP-aced Perception roll:
  • Everything mentioned in this post (mainly posted again here for reference)
  • The mine entrance is in a natural basin, with only one real way in or out for vehicles. This makes it rather easy to defend from a ground attack, though aircraft and/or flying power armor could strafe the entrance fairly easily... and judging by the bullet holes, carbon scoring and blast marks around the entrance it's not hard to imagine that may very well have happened at least once or twice.
  • There are a number of watchtowers/defensive points along the crest of the basin with rather rickety-looking stairs/scaffolds leading up from the ground below. It would appear that larger, more ambitious attempts to work this mine made dedicated attempts to defend the place in the past. Fiona can't see any evidence that any of them are currently in use (or even anytime in the recent past, either).
  • Assuming 2-4 people per vehicle, there are more than enough vehicles parked outside the entrance to accommodate all of Cadiz.
  • The TW Zone Ranger exactly matches Bella Venezia's that Tom Czervowski mentions in his repair log. His log was meticulous to begin with, and the entry for this vehicle even more so due to his level of infatuation with it.
  • Judging by the vehicle tracks, it looks like most of the vehicles were driven here, parked, and haven't been moved in a while. One of the exceptions is a military style truck with some sort of fabric top over the bed -- it's clearly been in and out quite a bit. And it's rocking slightly, with something bumping against the bottom of the fabric along one side.


You've Seen Better Days

Haley wakes up to a pounding headache... and things get worse from there. She finds herself bound, gagged, and propped up against her Prowler in what looks to be the back of the truck she encountered... how long ago? From the small holes in the truck bed's fabric roof, it's clearly daytime... but how long has she been out? Hours? Days? No way to tell. Long enough to be dried out from the rain -- not to mention sore and stiff from being restrained, that's for sure.

-----------------

It had been a day that seemed all the things that could possibly go wrong were holding a giant "hold my beer" contest. She had just cleared Dawson Springs on her way to MercTown -- and the opportunities it holds for those who choose the way of the sword, the gun, and the robot -- when her Prowler ran out of gas. Not only had her Prowler run out of gas, it had started to rain. Hard, cold, February rain. Hard, cold, February rain through which she had to walk to the nearest pocket of what could even loosely be called 'civilization' (a two-bit hamlet called Cadiz, according to her map) in the hopes of finding a tank's worth of something combustible enough to get the bike going again. Perhaps it was the hour of slogging that was already behind her with the knowledge of several more ahead of her that suppressed her normal lack of trust and prompted her to flag down the truck that happened along. The driver seemed friendly enough at first, but that didn't last long as she was quickly surrounded by several armed short humanoids (some sort of D-bees, most likely) with rather suspicious questions.

"Who are you?"
"Where are you from?"
"Who are you with?"
"Where are you heading?"

Whatever answers Haley could think of, they clearly aren't the ones that put the short bandits at ease.

"What do you think, boss? Didn't you say the call would get everybody from there? She don't act like the others."
"She's not local. Could be a lost traveler. Could be worth ransom. Could be heading to the mine too."

Haley hears a female voice coming from the cab of the truck.

"Whatever else she may be, she's unfortunately a witness now -- and we can't afford witnesses. Bag her and load her up; we'll figure out what to do with her later."

The last thing Haley remembers from that encounter is a sharp blow to the back of her head before everything goes black.

-----------------

As Haley starts struggling with her bonds, trying to extract herself from her precarious predicament, she starts banging herself against the side of the truck. Not loudly, fortunately, but enough to feel it.


Everybody welcome Haley Marie to the game! Haley -- what are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Fiona » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 91/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 8
Conditions: None.

Fiona makes mental notes on what she's observed before clicking on her mic. "So I've noticed a few things, one the vehicles haven't moved in a while, except this one Cargonaut. Thing about the Cargonaut is it looks like someone is moving around inside of it. So I'm gonna move over their and take a peek." Fiona says before turning to Becky. Hun, get in the truck for a minute and hunker down, I'll be back shortly." Fiona says before she starts making her way across the yard to the Cargonaut and slowly makes her way to the back to peek in.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Image
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Haley Marie » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 82 / 46%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 38

(ID Strengths & Weaknesses Roll on bandits when first encountered: Perception: 1d100 = 12 / 71%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 93 / 70%)


This says something pretty damn sad about my life that this isn’t the worst situation I’ve found myself in.

Of course, bound, gagged, no idea of where she is, no allies, no expectations of rescue…it’s not that great, either. Squirming about, she squints through the sun-pierced dimness of the truck bed’s interior. She’s mentally berating herself for not only being so stupid as to trust an unknown encounter but for actually letting a bunch of sawed-off Deebs get the drop on her—

And seeing that they’ve left her tied up alongside all of her gear doesn’t help her mood any. She had been bushwhacked by a bunch of amateurs, and has the aching head to prove it.

All right. If my luck were about to change, there might not actually be anyone on guard duty out there, she muses, trying to spot one of her knives – the one in her boot was missing, and her entire harness had been removed while she was out.

Moving slowly to avoid making much noise – genuine stealth is impossible under her current circumstances – she attempts to maneuver to where she can rock up onto her feet. Once upright, it’s a matter of locating a knife, somehow getting it out of its sheath, and cutting her bonds. If it’s the vibroblade, she’ll have the added thrill of avoiding taking a hand off in the process. What fun!

The twitch of fabric at the rear of the truck doesn’t go unnoticed, however, and Haley freezes in place. She’s a shadow in the dim interior, only her eyes showing much brightness as she takes in what she can see of who’s peering in. So much for the hope of no guard; is this Bosslady, come to take care of inconvenient witnesses?
Haley Marie

H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35/24

Armour: ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armour
• Helmet: 50
• Arms: 35 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Main Body: 100

Conditions: Cloaking


Image
User avatar
Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:39 pm
Location: Rifts North America: G.I.R.L.S.

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:20 pm

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 83
JIC d20: 1d20 = 18
JIC d100: 1d100 = 31

Computer Programming 73%: 1d100 = 27
Lore: Magic 58%: 1d100 = 66
Sensory Equipment 48%: 1d100 = 50
Radio: Basic 88%: 1d100 = 33
Advanced Math 78%: 1d100 = 47

"Copy that. Need backup? Should we try to make our way up there?" That's a loooong hike. Maybe we can hire a ride from the Captain.

"Also, uploading you a picture, partner. If you see this, it's half our payday. Try not to blow it up." Kat transmits the picture of the magic miner via a compressed data packet.

"Let's assume for the moment it was a theft and not a powerful spell-slinger using powerful magics for petty vandalism. Seems a more straightforward answer, Doc."More brainpower girl, less brain on drugs.

Kat get more precise measurements using her Naruni suit's sensors, and does some on the fly mental geometry to see if Susan's theory about a shrinking tank matches up with the markings.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 14

Cordelia takes pictures of the area and the marks and the lock and... She stops and looks at the whole scene and tries to analyze what she is seeing. this doesnt make sense. She continues to search around and look for the finer details.
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:27 pm

The Weatherman wrote:Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
11:05am (sunrise was at 5:34am, sunset estimated at 5:22pm)
Roughly 1 hour and 5 minutes has passed since the group split up
44 degrees F (projected high of 46)


At the Scene of the Crime…

Susan Lee wrote:Susan nods sympathetically while Robelfur Sherrifson is telling his story about his predecessor. "Sad. And fascinating. She sounds very powerful...and also nice. I'm sorry for your loss." Then, to herself, "I wonder if a dampening forcefield would reduce the chance of damage to bystanders? Perhaps triggering burster-like abilities?!?"


Cullen nods. “Thank you. Like I said, even with all her faults she was a good person at heart. We were all sad to see her go.”

As Susan starts to ponder the use of a force field to protect bystanders, he shrugs. “It’s possible, sure. I’ve never heard of one shielding damage from within though.”

Susan Lee wrote: "It... kind of looks like someone was picking it up while it was shrinking/losing mass," she says, including pronouncing the slash. "I'm still guessing a super-strength being with assisting magic. Unless there's an implosion spell and we're looking for a very small orb of metal and crystal."


Kat Porter wrote:"Copy that. Need backup? Should we try to make our way up there?"

"Also, uploading you a picture, partner. If you see this, it's half our payday. Try not to blow it up." Kat transmits the picture of the magic miner via a compressed data packet.

"Let's assume for the moment it was a theft and not a powerful spell-slinger using powerful magics for petty vandalism. Seems a more straightforward answer, Doc."More brainpower girl, less brain on drugs.

Kat get more precise measurements using her Naruni suit's sensors, and does some on the fly mental geometry to see if Susan's theory about a shrinking tank matches up with the markings.


Cullen looks up at Kat as she radios Jez. “I can give you a lift out to the mine if you need to rejoin the rest of your company. There’s not really much more I can show or tell you at this point unless you can think of something specific.”

After a brief consultation with Cullen (and the data files on a nearby computer) Kat is able to get what information the city has on the miner ((OOC: stats begin on p.25 of The Black Vault -- the city knows the physical stats and that it’s magical in nature, but don’t know the full extent of the vehicle’s capabilities and certainly don’t know where it came from. Another reason its existence is supposed to be a secret.)). Her calculations corroborate Susan’s hypothesis; the end of the skid marks would be where the miner’s treads would be if it was roughly 10% of its original size. The fact that the skid marks get shallower as they go inward would indicate that the weight/mass was reducing along with its size. Following that line of thought, the miner at 10% size would still weigh almost a ton… meaning something would have to be really strong to pick it up without leaving any more tracks/skid marks.

Meanwhile, Cordelia in the midst of her photo-documenting the area to inspect the lock. Her keen eye notices furrows in the lock casing that look like they were made by fingers. Huge fingers, yes, misshapen fingers, yes, but fingers none the less. If someone (or something) had the physical strength to pick up the miniaturized miner, then it’s plausible he/she/it had the strength to rip off the lock.



Meanwhile, at the Scene of the Crime… the OTHER One…

Analoy reaches the ridge just as Fiona checks in on the radio mentioning the movement in the back of the Cargonaut. Becky gasps and her eyes light up as Analoy activates one of her tattoos. “COOL! You’re one of those Atty-tea-lans Master Roshi talks about! He’s told me stories but I never thought I’d see one for realsies! You ladies are the BEST EVER!!!!” When told to hide in the truck, however, she’s obviously deflated. “Ohhhhkay…” she grumbles as she steps back towards the truck. She pauses, looks at the truck, looks around, and then proceeds to hunker down in the front floorboard. Just as Fiona thinks that it’d be odd she would willingly go back into the truck where she’d be alone with Corrigan, she makes the sudden realization that Corrigan is nowhere to be found. She’s gone, her gear is gone, it’s almost like she evaporated into thin air.

Choosing to press onward to their objective, however, the two ladies make their way down to the Cargonaut that showed signs of movement in more ways than one (one more stealthily than the other thanks to her magical enhancement). Fiona lifts up the flap and sees several assorted crates and bags along with a worn-but-in-very-good-condition NG-230 Prowler hovercycle. And… something… behind it.

Thanks to Analoy’s darkness powers she’s able to clearly see what that “something” behind the hovercycle truly is. It’s a human female of average height and weight, trying her best to stand perfectly still despite the fact she’s bound and gagged.

Speaking of said human female, Haley freezes and tries to do her best impression of a BDSM totem pole when the flap opens up. What greets her however isn’t one of the “sawed-off deebs” but rather a short blonde human female with lots of tats dressed like a grease monkey. Not the type of vibe you’d expect from someone called “boss.” Behind her, well, it’s rather hard to tell. If not for the bright sun filtering in through the holes in the fabric, it’d almost look like it was dark-thirty outside the truck.

Meanwhile, the fun game of “Squeeze the Dwarf” continues with Jez as the star of the show. Her efforts of frisking and disarming Monroe produce a surprising haul. There’s a Wilk’s laser rifle propped up behind him, but he’s packing two pistols (one Naruni and one NG) and one vibro-knife.

Jezebel wrote:"Well, Monroe, I do pay you to think. I'm a mercenary now, after all, and so it's the creed we live by. Your boss lady sounds like a real bitch. What the boss lady's name? What kind of woman is she? What does she do? Of what is she capable? I'm already going to pay you with your life for being wise enough to accept defeat and for being straight with me. But I'm going to go a step further and actually pay you more if you can layer on some useful details. For the record, we're here to rescue those miners, so on top of being paid, you'll be doing some good to offset your cowardice at turning a blind eye to this evil bitch's deeds." She pulls her black card from out of a pocket on her harness and waves it before the dwarf's face (Non-Secure Black Card: 5,100 credits). "Pretty good pay day and more than enough compensation for some useful intel, dontcha think? Should be able to do some real good for the kids with this, right?" She replaces the card. "Sound like a deal? Yes? Okay, then rack your brain and spill your guts."


Monroe lets loose a low whistle when Jez flashes the card and stares at it for several long seconds. “Well, little Daisy does need to see the dentist…” He swallows hard -- twice -- and looks back up at Jez. “Alright lady, you got a deal. And call me Miles; I hate it when the boss calls me ‘Monroe.’ She always makes it sound like it rhymes with ‘shithead.’”

“The boss lady calls herself Bella. But to us it’s always ‘Miss Venezia,’ ‘boss,’ or ‘ma’am’ if you don’t want a boot to your head. She’s a mage. And a scholar. She’s okay if you stay on her good side, but it’s not hard to wind up on the other one, y’know? She can cast some pretty strong spells so we do what she tells us. She got wind of the legends of the mine’s treasure. Figured we could actually find it. So we came out here looking for it, but we didn’t find nothin’. The boss wouldn’t give up. She figured all we needed was more workers, more equipment. She said she knew where there was some special equipment to help with the diggin’ and said she knew a way to get a lot of cheap labor. Said her boss knew this ritual that could persuade a lot of people at once. I swear I didn’t know what the hell she was talkin’ about until I saw her pull it off. Everyone from that podunk village showed up and came right on in, actin’ like they were sleepwalking or something. Far as I know they ain’t bein’ hurt -- we feed ‘em, we let ‘em rest, we don’t try to work ‘em to death, the whole nine yards. Hell, the boss says they won’t even remember workin’ out here when it’s all over and she sends ‘em back home.”
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:15 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 25
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 13

Prowl 60%=1d100 = 54

Conditions:
Force Field: 35/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC
Chain with Broken Link (SN strength) 30/30 min duration, total: SN P.S. 23
Black Sun (Darkness Powers) (40) - 25/30 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)

At the Cargonaut, Analoy lets out a, "Huh" and says, "There's somebody tied up back there. Keep an eye out, I'm gonna go take a look." With that Analoy climbs up into the back of the truck and makes her way over to Haley and she lets her Cloak of Darkness recede for the moment. Motioning for Haley to be quiet, Analoy reaches removes the gag, "When I let you loose you have two choices. Either gather your things quietly and run away or," she gives the other woman a little grin, "stick around and have some fun with the frakers that tied you up. Give us away and we'll group you in with the guys running the scam here."

With that said, Analoy reaches over to her left wrist and presses the tattoo of the chain with the broken link, which promptly disappears. Having channeled more PPE from Zdeslav, Analoy now enjoys her supernatural strength as she reaches forward and pulls Haley's bonds apart. "Name's Analoy. If you're gonna stick with us, let me know if you need some gear. We can prolly scrounge something up. Jez has their guard pinned. He's likely got something you can use." She gives Haley a welcoming smile then says to the open end of the truck, "Fiona, we're coming out." Analoy drops out of the back of the truck, helping Haley, if she needs it.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Haley Marie » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:53 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85 / 46%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 37

(ID Strengths & Weaknesses Roll on Fiona and Analoy: Perception: 1d100 = 14 / 71%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 54 / 70%


While her first impression of the woman who appears at the opening of the cargo area doesn’t provoke a feeling of imminent demise, that doesn’t mean that Haley is happy to see her.

Great. Looks like some half-dwarf by-blow operator is here to make off with my Prowler, she thinks with disgust, but her blood runs cold at the sight of what the woman has backing her up. Or rather, the lack of sight, a pool of unnatural blackness filling the view behind her and concealing whatever supernatural horror might lurk within.

She barely has time to register the words spoken outside before the truck lurches as the darkness flows inside, seeming to expand to fill the space as it draws closer. This...is going to be a very one-sided fight, in her current circumstances.

When the darkness just...folds away, revealing another fairly short woman, Haley has to wonder if she’s meeting Boss Lady herself, but that notion is dispelled almost immediately by both word and deed on the other woman’s part.

Haley, unsurprisingly, is torn. On the one hand, being freed in this situation is a vast improvement in being bound, helpless, and waiting execution. On the other hand, it’s manifestly apparent that her rescuer is some sort of spellcaster, and her skin crawls at the moments of contact as she’s broken free.

Rubbing her wrists to try and restore a little circulation, the SpecOps trained woman lets her gaze flick over the pair for a long moment before she says anything.

”…thanks,” she says finally, her voice soft, and deeper than one might expect based on her gender and build. ”Haley,” she introduces herself in turn. ”I’m not much one for running, and I’d be pretty stupid to turn over the ones who cut me loose to the ones who caught my stupid ass in the first place,” she admits.

They...might not be as welcoming if they knew who she was – or, rather, what she had been – but she has precisely zero pieces of Coalition gear remaining, and with the patches and tags removed from her BDUs, they look no different than anyone else’s.

”I’ve got my gear right here, actually,” she goes on, indicating the stack of black armour pieces and untidy pile of weapons and harness that screams ‘unprofessionalism’ in a manner that makes her own capture just that much more humiliating. ”If someone can keep an eye out for a couple minutes while I get kitted up, I’d owe you another one.” Knowing just how vulnerable she is compared to someone who can snap ropes with such casual ease, she wants in no uncertain terms to be back under arms and armour again.

She’s not certain, of course, but she’ll lay wager on this being either a mercenary team or a troupe of ‘adventurers’ – the major difference being the latter relying on loot as their reward, while the former has the smarts to get someone to pay them outright, on top of whatever salvage they might encounter.

One can hope for a modicum of professionalism, at least. ‘Jez’ sounds competent; ‘Fiona’ hangs back, likely a support role; ‘Analoy’ is both friendly and adventurous. There’s enough of a group structure for there to be an ‘us’ – she’ll have to see what else she can put together once she’s up and out of here.
Haley Marie

H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35/24

Armour: ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armour
• Helmet: 50
• Arms: 35 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Main Body: 100

Conditions: Cloaking


Image
User avatar
Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:39 pm
Location: Rifts North America: G.I.R.L.S.

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:55 pm

[rolls held]

Conditions:
Force Field: 35/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC
Chain with Broken Link (SN strength) 30/30 min duration, total: SN P.S. 23
Black Sun (Darkness Powers) (40) - 25/30 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)

Analoy looks back into the rear of the truck as Haley starts to gather her things and put on her armor, "Okay Haley, you've got two but then we have to move."

Turning to Fiona, Analoy says, "Another captive. Doesn't seem to be under the spell or whatever. But keep an eye on her just in case." She looks out around the camp, "When she's done gathering her kit we should head back over to Jez and see what she's found out."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Haley Marie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:13 am

(Rolls Held)

Haley nods; two minutes, she can do that. She’d better, or the ghost of Sergeant Michaels would show up to kick her ass.

First things first; she locates her battle harness and draws the cheap NG pistol she’s scrounged since—

Haley shakes her head. Time’s a wasting. Setting the pistol on the Prowler’s seat within easy reach, she begins rapidly donning her armour. Fortunately, the asshole she’d liberated it from had been a bit of a runty bastard, and the whole suit fits her well enough.

Locking the helmet into place, she watches the telltales run through their diagnostic sequence as she shrugs into her harness, snapping straps into place and ensuring ammunition pouches and grenades are still securely fastened.

Collecting the sniper rifle where it has manifestly toppled over to the floor during the drive, she gives it a quick scan for damage, pops the e-clip and reseats before checking the charge – and is ready to go. The Prowler, unfortunately, isn’t going anywhere until she finds some fuel.

Melees to don EBA: 1d4+4 = 7
Haley Marie

H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35/24

Armour: ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armour
• Helmet: 50
• Arms: 35 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Main Body: 100

Conditions: Cloaking


Image
User avatar
Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:39 pm
Location: Rifts North America: G.I.R.L.S.

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 55

Cordelia hangs her camera by the strap and examines the lock. Fingers? She holds her own hands to the indention for comparison. The difference in size makes her shudder.
"Kat. Check this out."she says pointing to the lock. "This lock was torn open. Who ever did this must have been huge. And probably strong enough to pick up the miner."
She scans around looking at the rest of the room for any tell tale signs of a giant creature being here.
What am I looking for? A beanstalk?
"Has anyone handled the lock since the break in, or did anyone check for finger prints. If who ever did this was a magic user who used a spell to make themselves larger their finger prints may have been here just enlarged to the point that they did not look like finger prints."
Cordelia scowls and frowns. "Do you all keep finger print records out here?"
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:49 am

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 54
JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 43

Townsend wrote:Monroe lets loose a low whistle when Jez flashes the card and stares at it for several long seconds. “Well, little Daisy does need to see the dentist…” He swallows hard -- twice -- and looks back up at Jez. “Alright lady, you got a deal. And call me Miles; I hate it when the boss calls me ‘Monroe.’ She always makes it sound like it rhymes with ‘shithead.’”

“The boss lady calls herself Bella. But to us it’s always ‘Miss Venezia,’ ‘boss,’ or ‘ma’am’ if you don’t want a boot to your head. She’s a mage. And a scholar. She’s okay if you stay on her good side, but it’s not hard to wind up on the other one, y’know? She can cast some pretty strong spells so we do what she tells us. She got wind of the legends of the mine’s treasure. Figured we could actually find it. So we came out here looking for it, but we didn’t find nothin’. The boss wouldn’t give up. She figured all we needed was more workers, more equipment. She said she knew where there was some special equipment to help with the diggin’ and said she knew a way to get a lot of cheap labor. Said her boss knew this ritual that could persuade a lot of people at once. I swear I didn’t know what the hell she was talkin’ about until I saw her pull it off. Everyone from that podunk village showed up and came right on in, actin’ like they were sleepwalking or something. Far as I know they ain’t bein’ hurt -- we feed ‘em, we let ‘em rest, we don’t try to work ‘em to death, the whole nine yards. Hell, the boss says they won’t even remember workin’ out here when it’s all over and she sends ‘em back home.”


"Describe the relevant locations in relation to this spot, then I'll kick you loose." Once their discussion is done, Jez nods, withdraws the garrote back into its holder, and stands up. "Get outta here, Monroe. We've got work to do. As you leave, remember: any stupidity on your part will be met with overwhelming lethal force." She keeps her on eye on him, and his back to her as he descends the tower and departs. Once he's away she hops onto the team's secure comm channel and relays her findings. Once that's done, she descends the tower and meets up with Analoy and the others, including the rescued woman with skin like a fresh brewed cup of caff. I sure could use a pot of caff right now, too. How long's it been since I last had a cup of the real thing from back home? A year or more now? Two? I've totally lost track of time. If anyone's missing from those assembled at the truck near the entrance to the mine, she'll get on the radio and summon them there. In case some members don't have radio communications, and to bring thew rescued gal up to speed, she relays what she knows verbally--keeping a constant vigil on their surroundings as she does so.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Haley Marie » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:30 pm

(Rolls Held)

Having donned her kit in an acceptable time, Haley expresses a need to speak with the group’s commander. If she’s going to be worked into their unit as an irregular, she’ll need to be vetted.

Being brought to assembly with the squad deployed about the mine entrance, Haley doesn’t have any difficulty determining just who the commander is; height aside, she is a dramatic and obviously military figure in her highly illegal alien body armour.

Haley takes a breath and checks herself; time to stop that line of thinking. Not illegal, outside the Coalition. Perhaps ill-advised to fund a potential alien invasion by patronising their weapons merchants, but not illegal.

”Haley Marie, sorry to intrude,” she introduces herself with a light tap of a thumb on the chest of her armour. ”I’ve got...a score to settle, with this crew you’re going up against. Requesting permission to be attached to your unit for this operation; I’m willing to follow your orders or those of your designated second for the duration, ma’am.”

She makes little effort to tone down her military background; from what she can gather from body language and speech cadence from this woman, it’ll be far more a mark in her favour than against.
Haley Marie

H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35/24

Armour: ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armour
• Helmet: 50
• Arms: 35 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Main Body: 100

Conditions: Cloaking


Image
User avatar
Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:39 pm
Location: Rifts North America: G.I.R.L.S.

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:09 am

Jez smiles, openly appreciative of the woman's obvious military background and etiquette. "Granted, and I see you have your own...interesting gear."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Haley Marie » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:13 am

(Rolls held)

Popping the helmet seals, Haley bares her face and disrupts the armour's unique sensor cloaking field; but not without a little reluctance, knowing full well what an excellent target she thus provides to a motivated sniper.

"Spoils of war," she replies, her voice and expression both tightly controlled against the emotions roiling beneath. "I'm the only survivor of my last unit, thanks to the asshole who had been wearing this."

She smiles then, the expression a trifle brittle.

"I made sure he didn't need it any more."
Haley Marie

H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35/24

Armour: ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armour
• Helmet: 50
• Arms: 35 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Main Body: 100

Conditions: Cloaking


Image
User avatar
Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:39 pm
Location: Rifts North America: G.I.R.L.S.

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 19
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 16

Susan nods along with Cordelia.

I should have noticed the broken lock. But it all fits with a large, paranormally strong entity, but she's wrong about her conclusion. It could be anything. Can't hurt to check for fingerprints...

Too bad it's not a dead body. I know how to examine those!
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:27 pm

[rolls held]

When she gets back over to where Jez is, Analoy quirks an eyebrow as Jez lets the guard scurry away, "We found this tied up in the back of that covered truck." She pats Haley on the back lightly and pushes her in toward Jez to let the woman do her introductions. When that is all said and done, Analoy asks, "Did we get any good intel?"

She listens for a moment then says, "I'll go check out the entrance to the mine and come back and let you know what's what. Unless you just want me to take the lead and have us all go in at the same time?" Analoy stays put as she waits for Jez's orders, however her shadow cloak starts to lick at her feet in anticipation of the dungeon crawl that is to come.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 29
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 42

Cordelia almost jumps.
"OH! OH! Susan, can you get a DNA sample. There may be small traces of skin or other matter on the lock. It may be a stretch, but it seems feasible."
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:17 pm

Townsend wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 11:15 am
    Temp: 44 degrees F
    Weather: Clear skies with a light wind blowing from the south
    Ley Line info: Nearest known Ley Line about 85 miles to the west in MercTown
    Location: Dawson Springs/mine near Dawson Springs


Out of the Frying Pan Jez, Analoy, Haley, Fiona
Analoy and Fiona find and rescue Haley, giving her a moment to get her gear back on. The woman who removed her bindings is clearly competent in combat without magical aid. While she's not well versed in magical lore, she's seen enough combat reports speaking of people who have been imbued with mystical tattoos to realize that the woman who released her from captivity is most likely one of them. The other woman at the outside of the vehicle is likewise covered with tattoos, but you get the sense that these are not of the magical variety. She also doesn't carry herself in quite the same way that the first woman did, not that this woman is necessarily afraid of fighting, but rather the fact that she didn't train for combat for many years as you make an educated guess that the first woman, who introduced herself to you as Analoy, seemed to have. Then Jez meets up with them, fills Analoy in on the intel she had been able to gather, and is introduced to the captive that they had rescued and proceeds to offer her services so she can try and exact revenge for feeling like she was being made a fool out of.

If Jez gives Analoy the go ahead to scout the mine entrance
Analoy spends about 15 minutes moving down to the mine's entrance moving slowly and with care (speed 1/4 normal, can make the trip in half the time at a normal walking speed of 1/2 for a -10% penalty to prowl, or full combat speed for a -20% penalty to prowl). Upon rounding the final corner before you arrive at the entrance, your eyes confirm what you had been hearing half way down the road, and smelling for half the time you had been hearing it, a group of 3 dwarves are visible bustling about a campsite kitchen that is meant to support a group of people no larger than 80 people. By your calculations there are likely three times that many working the mines. Leaning against the rock wall more than are three energy rifles, more than 30' away from them, and a collection of vibro-knives are strewn about the kitchen, one of them even using it to chop up some sort of meat.

The road to the mine's entrance runs past it for another 100' or so before it ends and the signs of a makeshift can be gleaned. It's tough to see, but it seems like there is a cesspool over there as well.


On the road from El Dorado Kat, Susan, and Cordelia
Kat communicates with Jez at the mine, and then is offered a ride to the mine entrance from Capt. Cullen. As she briefly contemplates the offer, Cordelia tries to get her attention as well as asking the captain a question about forensics. "I'm sorry, but our town doesn't really keep records of that nature. It's not that we don't have access to the technology to store it, but as large of a transient population that we have would render it virtually useless and just wastes time in collecting that information. Our lead investigator can touch an object and get a sense of it's past and was unable to get a read on the lock." Captain Cullen explains. Susan Lee walks up to Cordelia as she listens to the captain, startling her when she realized just how close to her the scholar was. At Susan's comment about being disappointed at the lack of dead bodies to observe, Captain Cullen gives a disgusted look on his face and replies with "I for one am glad that we haven't had to deal with any dead bodies on this case as it is."

Everyone notices Kat at this point is seems to be having trouble staying on her feet as she begins to fall down but is caught by Captain Cullen in his arms as he shouts "Call a medic!" to one of his subordinates in the room, taking her helmet off if needed to check her eyes, breathing, and pulse.


What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Fiona » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 32/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 60
Conditions: None

With the woman freed from the truck and everyone gathering near Jez, Fiona makes her way back to the truck and to the little girl hiding inside. "Becky, how are you doing in there sweetie?" Fiona asks the young psychic. Fiona looks back to the others. Well this is a thing I guess, how does it fit into the scheme of what is going on?" Fiona thinks before looking back at Becky. "You're gonna have to stay put for a while hun, I want you to stay safe and the three inches of armor plating on the truck will keep you pretty safe."

Fiona makes her way back to the group. "So what's the plan?"
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Image
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Haley Marie » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71 / 46%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 3

Haley stands quietly, silently, a fade-into-the-background stillness settling over her. She had revealed to this company’s commander her Force Recon training and background, but she can’t help but understand why she might choose someone else to run point. After all, she herself is only notably good at the best a mere Human can offer in the way of stealth; compared to dark sorceries that render one completely undetectable, it’s no real contest, is it?

Her back to the cave entrance, her gaze covers the possible approaches that unexpected visitors might take, including keeping a watch on the sky above. Flick, flick, flick, a ceaseless and patient routine of observation that just might keep them from getting killed, should things go poorly.
Haley Marie

H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35/24

Armour: ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armour
• Helmet: 50
• Arms: 35 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Main Body: 100

Conditions: Cloaking


Image
User avatar
Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:39 pm
Location: Rifts North America: G.I.R.L.S.

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 100
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 78

When Kat collapses, Susan jitters across the room, and tries to bat Captain Cullen out of the way. "I am not a medic. I am a DOCTOR. It is BETTER."

She then examines Kat to ease her breathing and generally determine what's wrong. This includes pulling off the armor on her cyber-hand to make use of the medical equipment there and popping open her field medic kit/IRMSS.

"Cordelia, please radio this in. I suspect Kat was attacked magically or psionically, considering the timing of her sudden fit, but I haven't confirmed anything yet. Also, please profer any expertise on TERRIFYING MAGICAL CURSES this could be."

Is Commander Catsuit flirting with me? It's inappropriate to try to kill Kat just because I talked about dead bodies...

Lore: Psionics: 1d100 = 4 / 43%
Medical Doctor: 1d100 = 32 / 68%
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29
JIC: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d100 = 26

Cordelia is about to panic. OOHH Crap whats happening!
Deep breaths, keep it together.

"Cordelia, please radio this in. I suspect Kat was attacked magically or psionically, considering the timing of her sudden fit, but I haven't confirmed anything yet. Also, please profer any expertise on TERRIFYING MAGICAL CURSES this could be."

She looks at the radio, push to talk.
"Jezebel, Kat is down, possible psychic or magic attack, Susan is tending to her. Please advise, over"
She turns to Susan, "I have studied lore but never any actual application of magic, Even if I knew what was happening to her I dont know if I could stop it. We must be careful though if its magic, Kat may fall under the Mages control."

Cordelia feels helpless. Whatever happened to Kat, may happen to them and she shudders in fear. She clenches her eyes in concentration, "Did she touch anything? something may have been cursed."
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:55 am

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 83
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 75

Jez meets up with them, fills Analoy in on the intel she had been able to gather, and is introduced to the captive that they had rescued and proceeds to offer her services so she can try and exact revenge for feeling like she was being made a fool out of.

Fiona makes her way back to the group. "So what's the plan?"

Analoy offers. "I'll go check out the entrance to the mine and come back and let you know what's what. Unless you just want me to take the lead and have us all go in at the same time?"

Jez nods. As if you didn't already know that I was going to make use of your weird abilities. "You take Fiona with you--recon the entrance and make your way inside. She'll likely have a better sense for the machine and imperceptible dangers. You take the advanced point with your abilities with Fiona close behind. Recon ahead until you either spot someone or hit a fork. Radio back what you find. Haley and I will be back and on your tails before you know it." She looks to both Fiona and Analoy for understanding of their directions before moving on.
Jez looks to the new girl, Haley. "You head left and do a quick scout of the exterior perimeter. Note any other possible entrances or exits, then meet us back at the entrance. Stealth is preferred, but if you must engage, eliminate your opponent silently. Read me?"
Jez looks around. "I'll head right and do a quick scout of the exterior perimeter--just like Haley, but going the other way. Haley and I'll meet back near the entrance if all goes well, and join you further in."

Jez looks around at everyone. "We all clear on our tasks at hand? You each have knowledge or abilities the others of us lack. Put them to use. It's why you're here." The last minute pow-wow is interrupted by a radio message.
Cordelia radios in. "Jezebel, Kat is down, possible psychic or magic attack, Susan is tending to her. Please advise, over."

Frak, just what we need. Jez quickly radios back. "Cordelia. You and Susan have control of the situation. I'm sure Kat will be fine if you just stay calm, and focus on the solution instead of the problem. There's nothing I can do remotely which you can't do better from where you're at. Stay focused on your objectives. Radio back in fifteen minutes or so with an update, please. Jez, out."

She looks back to the others assembled around her. "Okay, girls, we got some people to rescue. Let's move."

Jez slaps closed the visor to her helmet & activates the suit's integrated N-F20A force field before sprinting to the right side of the mine's entrance. (Total speed of 61) Once she reaches cover, she'll slow down to a swift jog (spd 30).

Contingency
If Jez spots any potential trouble, she'll drop to a prone position and hide (see prowl), observe, and report back what she sees.
Prowl ☞ 85% / 1d100 = 44
Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 61 (to complement perception while scouting)
Intelligence ☞ 74% / 1d100 = 76 (to complement perception while scouting)
Detect Concealment ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 14 (to complement perception while scouting)
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Haley Marie » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:15 pm

(rolls carried)

As Jezebel reads out operations assignments, Haley can feel something loosen within her chest that she hadn’t even realized was clenched tight. Yes, this woman is some kind of deeb, potentially possessing some unknown, inhuman abilities…but she’s also military, and having clear lines of action laid out by a professional is almost like coming home again.

”Stealth, check,” she replies, fitting her own helmet back into place and locking down the seals, disappearing once more from everything but the naked eye.

Stay stealthy and observe -- Ma’am, you just described the one thing in this world I do well.

By the time Jez finishes reassuring a remote unit of her team that seems worried about their…cat?...and turns her attention back to those at hand, Haley can be seen heading into cover on her side of the mine. She's clearly still rattled from her capture, or no one would have seen her go until she was long gone
OOC Comments
Prowl to Vanish (AT) 1d100 = 96/85%

Moving more slowly than the Commander and keeping her eyes open for any signs of trouble, Haley covers her side of the mine entrance. If she spots any trouble, she’ll go to ground and report back what she observes.

(Contingent Rolls)
Prowl to Hide (AT) 1d100 = 83/95%
Intelligence 1d100 = 12/60%
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 68/55%
Last edited by Haley Marie on Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haley Marie

H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35/24

Armour: ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armour
• Helmet: 50
• Arms: 35 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Main Body: 100

Conditions: Cloaking


Image
User avatar
Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:39 pm
Location: Rifts North America: G.I.R.L.S.

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Quick GM Mini-Update: THE MAP!!!!

This is roughly what the surrounding area of the mine entrance looks like.

It can also be viewed here: Dawson Springs Mine
Attachments
Dawson Springs Mines.png
Dawson Springs Mines.png (323.01 KiB) Viewed 581 times
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:42 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 28
JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 86

Prowl 60%=1d100 = 45

Conditions:
Force Field: 25/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC
Chain with Broken Link (SN strength) 20/30 min duration, total: SN P.S. 23
Black Sun (Darkness Powers) (40) - 15/30 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)

As soon as Jez gives the word Analoy nods and taps Fiona on the shoulder. Motioning for the other woman to stay close and follow her lead, Analoy guides the duo towards the mine entrance.

Analoy knowing the shadow cloak would only give her position away in the sunny open ground, she keeps it in check. Though she uses the shadow meld where possible as she and Fiona make their way toward the mine's entrance.

Hearing familiar sounds as they draw closer, Analoy has an idea about what they are about to find. It is confirmed when they edge a look around the final corner and spot the camp kitchen. She stifles the impulse to rush in there and dispatch the three dwarf cooks. Instead she motions Fiona to stop and eases back around the corner. Clicking on her comms on, she says, "This is Analoy. I've come across the camp kitchen. Its about 100 feet ahead of the mine's entrance. I've three dwarves working here with a few vibro knives at hand. Their rifles are a good thirty feet away, leaning up against the rock wall. What do you want me to do?"

With an enemy in sight, Analoy slips Zdeslav from the ring on her belt and waits for the order to move in and crush some skulls. I could likely get them all, but they might be able to sound the alarm before I can finish the last. Best to wait and close in as a group.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:39 am

Townsend wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 11:25 am
    Temp: 45 degrees F
    Weather: Clear skies with a few whisps of clouds blowing in from the south.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown
    Location: Dawson Springs/mine near Dawson Springs


Damn it Jim, I’m a Doctor, not a Medic!

As Kat collapses, Susan rushes to her side, body checking Capt. Cullen out of the way and causing her glasses to fall off and slide next to him. Capt. Cullen says ”Geez, I take what I said about dead bodies back! I’m sorry!” He picks her glasses up and hands them back to her, saying ”You might be able to see better with these on.” Cordelia relays the information of what’s going on to Jez as she frets about, seeming to be at a loss of what else she can do to help.

In Susan’s examination of Kat, she finds what seem to be nanites from an IRMSS kit going haywire, causing Kat’s own body to put herself to sleep or a light coma. Reading the information off of the controller nanite, it seems that they were supposed to activate 24 hours ago, but because they had been modified and messed with the internal programming, causing their internal clocks to be off.

It’s All Swirling Down the Drain

Jez and Haley perform their sweep around the exterior of the mine on either side, staying aware of threats, but neither of them notice any, although Haley does notice something that is a little odd. All around her side of the mine entrance, at the very least, are the bodies of dead creatures, some human, possibly even from Cadiz, but most are supernatural creatures or other similarly hardy creatures. None of them possess any sort of wounds that would have been made by technological weapons, and the few wounds they do possess look like five small dots and a rough semi-circular arrangement, roughly 6 inches in diameter. Four are clustered together in an arc on the right side with the fifth all the way to the left. In addition to these wounds, about one fifth of them also possess some sort of other wounds that are hard to identify. They both are able to see the vehicle path that leads down to the mine entrance, which circles the entrance about four times before it hits the bottom, as well as a set of scaffolding that is set up for people to use to bypass the road.

Fiona follows the stealthy tattooed warrior down the vehicle path the winds its way down to the mine entrance, constantly kicking loose rocks and having a hard time finding solid footing that was away from the edge of the path, overlooking down to the entrance. At the bottom Analoy observes the three dwarves, and after nearly 30 seconds came to the conclusion that while at first it looked like they were cooking, they were not. The dwarves continued to act busy, every so often taking a nervous glance around, like they are expecting something to happen.




What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:00 am

Perception: Unconscious
JIC d20: 1d20 = 7
JIC d100: 1d100 = 10

Kat's been put under by someone else's call. Again.

When she wakes up, the City Rat will likely find a Warrens gang to blame. Again.

Kat always dreams about her gods. Whether or not it's true, Kat believes in the messages she receives from these dreams are from her gods.

This time in her dreams, Kat finds herself in a swirling grey mist.

"Hello? Is there anybody out there?"

A deep feminine voice replies. "Just nod if you can hear me." This is followed by a chortling laugh.

"Finally you make your way to my realm, eldest child of the Porter family. At least you didn't need to pay the boatman for this trip." A giant humanoid form appears in the haze, writhing with tentacles. "You owe me a shrine, child. I expect you to keep to your word."

Kat is struck with terror. One does not make promises to a Titaness without following through. Kat owes Hecate a ornate shrine in prime MercTown real estate. And Kat just blew a wad of money in MercTown without a dime of it going to the shrine. Now she's face to ankle with the being and quite concerned about being stomped like a bug.

To be Continued......
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Haley Marie » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 65 / 46%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 90

While, strictly speaking, uneventful, Haley’s recon doesn’t set her at ease. The bodies she keeps encountering are troublesome enough, but the decidedly odd manner of their deaths has her hackles raised.

She has been trying to remember where she’s seen that naggingly familiar wound pattern before when it suddenly clicks – stretching out her hand, she hovers it overtop of the odd wound pattern. Fingertips.

Fairly small fingertips as well, which isn't comforting considering how dangerous some of the creatures had been in life. She starts wracking her brain for something that might match both the compact size and…energy draining capabilities, perhaps?
OOC Comments
Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100 = 97/50%


Her comms click open – and then closed again, the callsign of a person she no longer is dying upon her lips. This group of mercenaries…don’t seem to have callsigns, which disturbs her on a level she wasn’t even aware of.

Comms open again. ”Haley here. Periodically encountering corpses of monsters, dead with only minor marks on them. Placement of some of the common wounds suggests the fingertips of a splayed hand, but the trauma should have been far insufficient to cause death.” She pauses.

”Caution is recommended.” The comment should have been wry and tongue-in-cheek, but with a fairly unknown group of mercenaries involved, she believes she might be best off erring on the side of caution and assuming such a warning might actually be warranted.
Haley Marie

H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35/24

Armour: ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armour
• Helmet: 50
• Arms: 35 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Main Body: 100

Conditions: Cloaking


Image
User avatar
Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:39 pm
Location: Rifts North America: G.I.R.L.S.

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 88

Townsend wrote:Damn it Jim, I’m a Doctor, not a Medic!

As Kat collapses, Susan rushes to her side, body checking Capt. Cullen out of the way and causing her glasses to fall off and slide next to him. Capt. Cullen says ”Geez, I take what I said about dead bodies back! I’m sorry!” He picks her glasses up and hands them back to her, saying ”You might be able to see better with these on.” Cordelia relays the information of what’s going on to Jez as she frets about, seeming to be at a loss of what else she can do to help.

In Susan’s examination of Kat, she finds what seem to be nanites from an IRMSS kit going haywire, causing Kat’s own body to put herself to sleep or a light coma. Reading the information off of the controller nanite, it seems that they were supposed to activate 24 hours ago, but because they had been modified and messed with the internal programming, causing their internal clocks to be off.


Susan glances at the glasses proffered by the Captain. "Thank you. They're not actually necessary. I fixed my eyes a long time ago with a laser. Those are windowglass. I keep them because people foolishly believe a doctor with glasses is smarter."

As she's examining Kat, she hears Cordelia's comment on cursed objects. "Well, Captain Cullen was the last thing she touched. Perhaps he's a cursed object?... Just kidding! She seems to have some pretty standard medical nanites on her - those are super-tiny invisible robots - but they are malfunctioning and putting her in a healing coma. This should be easy to fix. Give me a second. First I'll turn them off and back on, which usually resets their programming and then if that doesn't work, we'll have to shrink down to their size in order to fight them... JUST KIDDING AGAIN, I'll just have my nanites fight them or have to reprogram them myself. In any case, this should be a snap.

Susan starts fiddling around with her equipment. "Oh, Cordelia, do you remember what was happening 24 hours ago? These were set to knock her out then, but malfunctioned. So it might have been an attack on her after all, just a particularly incompetent one. Ha ha ha!"

Computer Operation OR Basic Electronics: 1d100 = 55 / 53%
Cybernetic Medicine: 1d100 = 16 / 68%

Maybe turn them off and back on a couple times. And make sure they're connected to the net...
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 87
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 25

Slowly Cordelia regains her composure. Her heart stops racing and her mental faculties return. Her cheeks, which were flush now slowly return to their normal color. A deep exhale.
"Jesus Christ Susan. You nearly gave me a heart attack."
As she slowly returns to normal and straightened her posture, she changed her appearance slightly. She made herself look just a little more austere.
"Well, at least you have it under control. As for what happened yesterday, we were still in Merctown. I wasn't with her all day. Your guess is as good as mine."
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:45 pm

Mini-GM Update

Through Susan's efforts, Kat begins to regain consciousness. She still feels a little woozy as she comes to, with Susan right over her, and Capt. Cullen on the opposite side a little further off. Cordelia is behind Susan as her face goes from worried to more like that of a disapproving parent. When Kat tries to sit up, Capt. Cullen says "Hey, hey, take easy there. Listen to the doctor, they're better than medics, or so I've been told." The captain's voice at the end of his sentence sounds like he's talking about some inside joke that Kat is not privy to.
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

Image

"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:41 pm

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 92
JIC d20: 1d20 = 5
JIC d100: 1d100 = 88

Kat's interaction with the Titaness of Magic is cut short by competent medical assistance.

When Kat regains consciousness and the Captain delivers his line, the City Rat grunts. "That is why I hired her." The City Rat looks to Susan. "So what in Hades was that and am I alright to get moving?"

Susan's answer to the first part of her inquiry will likely get the City Rat's gears turning on trying to figure out who tried to fuck her over, but Kat keeps all that inside for now.

If Susan responds to Kat's second question in the affirmative, Kat makes her way to her feet, fixes her armor back up and pops on her lid. "Let's roll then. My problems can wait for another day. We're on the employer's clock today."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 50

"You're back a bit faster than I expected. Please enjoy this delicious glass of apple juice and give yourself a few minutes before any athletics. You may feel shaky, but such a short 'coma' is unlikely to have caused any real damage."

Susan looks her up and down, then glances over at Cullen.

"You're lucky the captain was able to catch you. Honestly, you were in more danger from the floor than from the nanites. Oh, your nanites were hacked to put you in a coma 24 hours ago. So probably someone in MercTown was planning to kidnap you. Or hoping you'd get run over or something."

"AMATEURS. What you want to do is have the nanites shut down the kidneys so that the person slowly poisons themselves over the course of days and might not even notice the problem. It would be horrible and much harder to fix."

Susan smiles at Cordelia - "Don't worry, if you have a heart attack, I have many methods to save you."

She then looks around for the dwarf or anyone else having run out of the room during the confusion. I'm sure that dwarf is in on it, let's see if he's smart enough to have taken advantage. Or dumb enough to have implicated himself by running. Column A/Colum B.

When Kat gives the order to roll out, Susan puts her helmet back on as well and gathers her belongings up in preparation for leaving.
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:42 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 75
JIC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 78

Prowl 60%=1d100 = 98 Bonus from Shadow meld: +15%

Conditions:
Force Field: 15/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC
Chain with Broken Link (SN strength) 10/30 min duration, total: SN P.S. 23
Black Sun (Darkness Powers) (40) - 5/30 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)


Analoy pulls Fiona behind some cover as they reach the bottom. After observing them a bit more closely, she notices that somethings up. Clicking on her comms, Analoy whispers into the mic, "The dwarves in the camp kitchen are just play acting. Feels like they're waiting for something to happen. Suggest we sit tight and see what that is. Provided its not us."

Analoy clicks her mic off and eases back to where she can keep eyes on the kitchen dwarves but still stay concealed. She is suddenly very aware of just how long some of here enchantments have been active. She slowly pulls her shadow cloak in, trusting in her skills to stay hidden. Well Analoy, you activated that a little early. Think next time and conserve your energy.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest