First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Fiona » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 94
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Not Active), TK (Super; 400 lbs; 13:00 Duration), Telemechanics (36 minutes; linked w/ Hovercycle; 92%)
I.S.P.: 148/74
T-11 Armor: Leg (R): 80/77, Leg (L): 80/77

Fiona slides off of the hovercycle and stands next to it for a moment. "Well, this is unexpected." Fiona says with a smile. Fiona starts walking towards the group. "Did you guys get the bugger trying to break into Jez's bot?" Fiona asks not so much expecting an answer, as the very fact the robot isn't rampaging at the moment. "The Dwarves here are a bunch of creepy twats. One tried to get handsy on me, had to fry his face and shoot him in the head."
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 82
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 31

Jez keeps trying to clear her head on the way out of the pit. Bastards. Frakkers. Mind-benders. Once she's clear of the pit, she either hails the rest of the GIRLS, or has Haley do so for her. "Let's gather, put our facts together, and determine where to go from here." If Haley seems cognizant enough to do so, she'll have Haley hail the team to do so.

Jez pauses with the dwarf in hand and regards Analoy. "How about you? Looks like you got caught with your britches down back there for a moment. I guess we each did to some degree. You at a hundred percent?"

Once the rest of the GIRLS have gathered together, Jez will convey the general heading of the flying dwarf to the rest of the group and what's transpired since they parted ways. As she's conveying the basics, she'll put her mind to considering what just transpired in military terms.
Intelligence ☞ 74% / 1d100 = 76
OOC Comments
This includes the practical assessment of sights and sounds, estimation of distance from strategic positions, what to report, handling prisoners of war, and handling captured documents and equipment. This means the character will be able to accurately estimate ranges, the number of enemies, direction, purpose, and assess the importance of specific information.

E-clip: 20 / 2
NE-28R: 2 / 1
N-F20A Forcefield: 75 / 29
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Haley Marie » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:48 am

Perception: 1d100 = 97 / 46%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 57

Haley is more than happy to continue to operate as Comms for Temptress while her own gear is down; there’s something soothing about the drilled procedures...even if the other end doesn’t seem to follow them.

She keeps her senses peeled as they rendezvous with the rest of this eclectic little group, but also spent some time observing their prisoner in the manner that intensive training had made habit.

Once the group is together and Temptress lays out a recap of what had transpired, Haley comes to a decision.

”Did you want me to see what I can get out of the prisoner, sir?” she inqures, the blank faceplate of her helmet trained on the Dwarf. ”He’s told me plenty already, but there’s always room for…direct questioning. I’ve been trained,” she assures her temporarily-met allies.

It’s never good to lose a prisoner through amateur mistakes....

(AT) ID Strengths & Weaknesses Roll on Prisoner: Perception: 1d100 = 48 / 71%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 72 / 70%
(AT) Assess approximate level of prisoner
(AT) Character observations of prisoner
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 40 / 55%
Interrogation 1d100 = 95 / 50%
Haley Marie

H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35/24

Armour: ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armour
• Helmet: 50
• Arms: 35 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Main Body: 100

Conditions: Cloaking

Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Susan Lee » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 99 / 21%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 50

Susan waves at Fiona as she drives up. "Captain Kat shot him in the head. Maybe her. I didn't get a good look at the body and it didn't have a head. It looks like it welded the access hatch shut before we arrived, unfortunately."

When Fiona talks about the dwarves being creepy, Susan frowns inside her helmet. "That's distressing news. Thieves, slavers, murderers and potentially rapists. We should take these dwarves out of the gene pool before they pollute it. Have you run into the one who can shrink things or a superstrong being yet? That's how they stole the mining phallus."
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Fiona » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:03 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Susan Lee wrote:Susan waves at Fiona as she drives up. "Captain Kat shot him in the head. Maybe her. I didn't get a good look at the body and it didn't have a head. It looks like it welded the access hatch shut before we arrived, unfortunately."

When Fiona talks about the dwarves being creepy, Susan frowns inside her helmet. "That's distressing news. Thieves, slavers, murderers and potentially rapists. We should take these dwarves out of the gene pool before they pollute it. Have you run into the one who can shrink things or a superstrong being yet? That's how they stole the mining phallus."

Fiona bursts out loud with laughter. "A Mining Phalus... That's all men need to hear, their withered genitalia compared to a mining drill. No I dealt with a dwarf who likely had MOM implants... I shot him in the head for thinking he could touch me." Fiona responds, her attitude going from jovial to near angry.

"I'm going to continue up to the Titan, and see if I can get it moving, worse case I ride on it's shoulder." Fiona says as she gets back on the hovercycle. "The others are back near the pit entrance." Fiona says before moving off to the Titan.

Once at the robot, Fiona dismounts and approaches the robot combat vehicle, laying a hand on it's leg, Fiona opens her mind to the robot seeing if their is anything wrong with it first before she activates another of her talents. If the door is only locked, Fiona will activate Telemechanics: Mental Operation and open the vehicle, she will then remove the dwarf corpse (if it's in there) and pilot the robot back to the others. If the door is welded shut, Fiona still activates Telemechanics: Mental Operation, but has the robot crouch down and pick her up in its one hand, before making her way to the others.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Fi
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Vehicle
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Haley Marie » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98 / 46%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 75

Haley's helmeted head cocks slightly in the direction of the oddly-spoken woman in her alien armour. Some sort of...mining device? I am so in need of a mission briefing.

"Super strong, yes," she replies. Ran into indeed. "One of the Dwarves was a Juicer, Titan mod." She indicates the dented plate on her abdomen, silently lamenting that she has no idea how much repairing armour like this might cost. That has never been her concern, before.

"He got the drop on me; kicked me off the edge and into the pit." She doesn't at all like admitting such a poor showing to these strangers, but being forthcoming with a mission debrief...or whatever this is...has been too strongly ingrained into her to discard even now. "He's no longer a concern, however; Temptress eliminated him." With a rather brutal effectiveness; the alien weaponry that some of this team seems to prefer has devastating effect; this is, of course, what makes it so poisonously tempting.
Haley Marie

Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:55 am

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 59
JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 76

Conditions:
(Befuddle: actions cut in half, -2 to Initiative, strike, parry, and dodge, and -20% to all skills for the next 5.25 minutes/22 melees)
Knight in Full Armor: Force Field: 7.75/150 min duration, 80/80 MDC
Chain with Broken Link: (SN strength) 2.75/30 min duration, total: SN P.S. 23
Heart with Tiny Wings: Run at Superhuman Speed, 178.75/180 min duration, 80 mph (292 ft/action), Leap 20' high & 30' long from a 30mph running start, +2 dmg from HTH attacks, +1 Dodge
Flaming Eye (Fire Protection & Thermo-Imaging): 29.25/30 min duration, Thermo vision 600'; Shoot flames from eyes, 400' 6d4 M.D. +2 to strike only

Jez wrote: "Yeah, I still feel like I've had a gallon or two of Dragon's Head Ale, and they put the whammy on my comms from jump street, the bastards."

Analoy doesn't nod to Jez, Frak that, don't want my head to swim again, instead she just says, "I shoulda taken on big boy. That ass I went after was magic or psi and hit me with a levitate spell or something and something else that's got my head ringing. But I think I'll be okay in a few."

Analoy looks down at the dwarf Jez has in hand, eyes narrowed, "Might be best if we put that thing down. Just to be safe." She taps Zdeslav against her off hand menacingly and her eyes give a brief glow as she restrains herself from burn the maggot to a crisp.

Once the GIRLS have all gathered together, Analoy will listen to the plan as she squeezes her eyes shut and pinches the bridge of her nose, trying to force her mind back to normal.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:27 am

(rolls held)

Analoy wrote:
Jezebel wrote:"Yeah, I still feel like I've had a gallon or two of Dragon's Head Ale, and they put the whammy on my comms from jump street, the bastards."
"I shoulda taken on big boy. That ass I went after was magic or psi and hit me with a levitate spell or something and something else that's got my head ringing. But I think I'll be okay in a few." Analoy looks down at the dwarf Jez has in hand, eyes narrowed, "Might be best if we put that thing down. Just to be safe." She taps Zdeslav against her off hand menacingly.

Jez lowers the dwarf to the ground, the plasma-garrote still around his neck.
Fiona wrote:"Did you guys get the bugger trying to break into Jez's bot? The Dwarves here are a bunch of creepy twats. One tried to get handsy on me, had to fry his face and shoot him in the head."
Susan wrote:"Captain Kat shot him in the head. Maybe her. I didn't get a good look at the body and it didn't have a head. It looks like it welded the access hatch shut before we arrived, unfortunately." When Fiona talks about the dwarves being creepy, Susan frowns inside her helmet. "That's distressing news. Thieves, slavers, murderers and potentially rapists. We should take these dwarves out of the gene pool before they pollute it. Have you run into the one who can shrink things or a superstrong being yet? That's how they stole the mining phallus."

Jez somehow manages to refrain from laughing, but she can't help the edges of a grin from creeping onto her face. Susan's odd, but she's got a great sense of humor and rock solid nerves. Guess our run-in at the JMC was a stroke of luck, after all.
Fiona wrote:Fiona bursts out loud with laughter. "A Mining Phalus. That's all men need to hear, their withered genitalia compared to a mining drill. No I dealt with a dwarf who likely had MOM implants. I shot him in the head for thinking he could touch me." Fiona responds, her attitude going from jovial to near angry. "I'm going to continue up to the Titan, and see if I can get it moving, worse case I ride on it's shoulder." Fiona says as she gets back on the hovercycle. "The others are back near the pit entrance."

"Thanks, Fi. If you can unweld the door, I can fix any of the basic material damages in a jiff." Another handy one to have around given our reliance on tech.
Haley wrote:"Did you want me to see what I can get out of the prisoner, sir? He’s told me plenty already, but there’s always room for…direct questioning. I’ve been trained. Super strong, yes. One of the Dwarves was a Juicer, Titan mod." She indicates the dented plate on her abdomen. "He got the drop on me; kicked me off the edge and into the pit. He's no longer a concern, however; Temptress eliminated him."

"I think that's a fine idea, Haley. Why don't you and Analoy interrogate him together. I'm sure he's ready to be cooperative given how kindly I've already treated him." Jez's tone of voice is a syrupy sweet, implicit threat. "Take him over to between the feet of the Titan and find out if he has useful information, or if he's expendable." A less implicit threat for the dwarf in case he's not so bright. Intimidate: 88% / 1d100 = 80 "Before you go..." Jez reaches out with an ungloved hand and repairs Haley's dented armor with a touch from her glowing fingertips. -30 PTP "Gotta maintain one's gear, soldier." Jez winks, then turns back to Cordelia & Susan.

"Cordelia, Susan, you keep an eye out while these three have a chat. Make sure no one can approach us undetected. I'll be atop the Titan, send Kat up when she's done rummaging in the car like a bag lady." Without further comment, Jez sprints towards her TR, and climbs up it with leaps and bounds of vertical ascents she's only starting to get used to. I think...back at the mining pit...those jumps...it's like I've gotten a lot stronger since leaving Merctown. Once she's scrambled to the top of the TR's dome-shaped head, she takes in the view all around them to get a layout of the land and to look in the direction of which the flying dwarf escaped. I just couldn't bring myself to shame the poor girl about soiling herself. First time facing combat is different for everyone.
OOC Comments
The TR is 24' tall, so offers a good look-out position.

NE-28R: 2 / 1
PTP: 1550/1520
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Cordelia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 20

Cordelia sits in the back of the hover car examining the items she picked up from the dwarf. The wilks laser pistol. She had heard of the the pistol but never has she seen one. Its long sleek and sexy and weighs half of what hers does. Probably only half as powerful as well. She removes the E-clip for safety and puts it in her pack. Then there is the matter of grenades. She is a little intimidated by the thought but they excite her. She wraps the satchel around her and secures it for safety sake.

When they rendezvous with the rest of the group she is excited to hear the status update and starts taking vigorous notes. She takes a few pictures of the pit, the area around it and the mayhem left in the GIRLS wake.
Then she remembers something important. She turns to Jezebel and reports.
"Ma'am, the hatch on your TR is welded shut. I picked up the torch the dwarf was using, Its in the hover car."
Cordelia then pops a quick salute and follows the orders given her and takes up a sentry position while the robot is readied.

Cordelia

Postby Haley Marie » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81 / 46%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 25

Haley silently agrees with the short tattooed woman's assessment of the Dwarf...and then takes a moment to mentally reorient herself as the Commander lowers him to the ground. That's...not what she had interpreted 'put him down' as. Her mistake.

She's grateful for an opportunity to get some of her own back from at least one of these Dwarves that had so humiliatingly abducted her, but can't help but flinch slightly as the Commander uses some sort of magic to fix her armour. She can hardly believe what she's seeing; it's not just some sort of illusion, the armour's HUD indicates back to full capacity, the amber telltales winking back to green.

That...is a very useful magic. Which makes it one of the more seductively dangerous ones, doesn't it?

"...Thank you," she replies, a bit stiffly. Not wanting to pursue any of that further, she turns and grabs the Dwarf by the back of the neck, marching him into the shadow of the robot with the Tattoo Mage in tow and shoving him to the ground. Taking a knee beside him, she pulls her vibroknife and calmly lays its edge along the middle of his forehead, clasping the hilt loosely so as not to activate it. Yet.

"All right, here’s how we're going to do this," she tells the Dwarf, her voice as flat and expressionless as the helmet she wears. "I'm going to ask you some questions, and you're going to answer them. If you lie to me, if you refuse to answer, I cut something off." This is said very matter-of-factly, a tone of voice she's practiced for situations similar to this.

"We'll start with some simple ones," she goes on evenly. "Who is your boss, what are her capabilities, and where is she now?" The fact that they have little information on whomever commands this motley group of troublemakers has been bothering her. They followed her for a reason....

Interrogation 1d100 = 34 / 50%
Haley Marie

Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kat Porter » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:21 am

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 2
JIC d20: 1d20 = 12
JIC d100: 1d100 = 78

Recognize Weapon Quality 58%: 1d100 = 40
Appraise Goods 73%: 1d100 = 33

Kat sees a weapons cache, and of course her mind sees a payday. Jez is trying to rally the troops, so Kat wanders thataway a little bit, clears her throat, and calls out loudly. "We need to load that all up, pronto. Someone get Fi's truck over here."

The City Rat points at the stash. Fuck the contracts, all the pay is in spoils anyway. Not that the contracts don't lead to the spoils... Kat's brain idly considers a life of banditry, with all spoils and no contracts, but discards the notion when she remembers that bandits get prices on their heads.

"How many hostiles did you see? How many are down?"

When Cordelia remarks on Kat's sharpshooting skills, the City Rat shrugs, and checks that her lever-action rifle is full of ammo.

"Who's the new girl in the suit? And where's our fuckin' dwarf at?"

Once she asks her questions, and disrupts whatever Jez's plans were for the troops by making them collect spoils, Kat uses her climbing cord to quickly get up the Titan and check with Jez directly. "Found some guns, probably a nice bonus. Did I splatter any dwarf on your robot?"
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Kat Porter

P.P.E.: 19
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%
Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Jezebel » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:30 am

(rolls held)
Kat Porter wrote:Once she asks her questions, and disrupts whatever Jez's plans were for the troops by making them collect spoils, Kat uses her climbing cord to quickly get up the Titan and check with Jez directly. "Found some guns, probably a nice bonus. Did I splatter any dwarf on your robot?"

Jez observes Kat's scampering around down below with some amusement. She's an agent of chaos. Useful, but gotta be subtly directed and kept in check. She watches as Kat climbs the hand holds to reach the top of the TR. She makes no move to help. Kat wouldn't appreciate such gestures. "Hi, Kat. The new girl in black seems to have spec ops training. Her name's Haley. She unconsciously used her old call sign, 'Hail Mary,' during the fight, so I also gather she's not long been separated. Could be she's AWOL and a fugitive, and thus some risk. Worth finding out later. For now, she has skills that should be useful. My comms got whacked at the beginning of the fight, or I'd have let you know much sooner." Jez pulls her hair back into a ponytail absentmindedly. "Didn't notice if you made a mess or not. Doesn't matter. Got some loot, eh? Good. Should help sweeten the pot. Anything better than this?" Jez indicates her Naruni assault rifle. "Anyway, these hostiles are behaving very oddly. They don't seem susceptible to fear. I blew a hole in the chest of their most dangerous companion, and they didn't even flinch. Just kept grinning like idiots..." Jez pauses in consideration, "or religious zealots. Worth considering. Also their leader is an enigma, and a very dangerous, potentially psychopathic one, at that. We desperately need to know more about her. Information is ammunition." Finishing with her hair, she looks up to Kat directly. "What'd ya learn in town? And who's the guy with the hovercraft?"

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:57 pm

(Rolls Held)

"Not much beats a quality Naruni weapon. But the others might arm up. I can try to sell the rest in town, if they aren't big ticket items."

Kat outlines the timeline and facts put together in town.

Townsend wrote:Between his details and the information the G.I.R.L.S. have obtained from other sources (Fixer, Becky, Czervowski’s terminal, etc.) a rough composite timeline breaks down as follows:

• Tuesday, December 24, 110 PA: Bella Venezia arrives in Cadiz needing a tire/wheel repair
  • Friday, January 03, 111 PA: Thomas Czervowski gets parts in for Bella's repairs
  • Thursday, January 09, 111 PA: Bella Venezia leaves Cadiz; Magic Miner discovered missing from secure garage shortly after 0600, prompting quiet internal investigation. Beshear Point Mine is the first place they investigate, but there is no tangible sign of the vehicle at the site.
  • Wednesday, January 15, 111 PA: Dawson Springs suspends internal investigation regarding theft of Magic Miner and decides to contract out
  • Thursday, January 16, 111 PA: Bernard & Bianca Reitherman leave Cadiz "on a lead"
  • Friday, January 17, 111 PA: Courier from Dawson Springs leaves for MercTown to arrange contract with Merc Ops
  • Monday, January 20, 111 PA: Last time Fixer heard from Sulley, and the Reithermans are the only ones missing from Cadiz; Merc Ops opens contract for Merc Ops
  • Tuesday, January 21, 111 PA: Cullen learns of the Reithermans being gone from Cadiz from mechanic Thomas Czervowski, who came to Dawson Springs searching for some motorcycle parts and who headed out back to Cadiz that same day
  • Wednesday, January 29, 111 PA: Master Roshi succumbs to "the call" and is the last resident to leave Cadiz
  • Tuesday, February 04, 111 PA: Griswold, the owner of Dawson Springs' main garage, leaves for MercTown on monthly supply run. He should be back sometime Friday.
  • Wednesday, February 05, 111 PA: GIRLS accept the Dawson Springs contract as well as Fixer Jones' request to check on Cadiz residents
  • Thursday, February 06, 111 PA (TODAY): GIRLS reach Cadiz; reach Dawson Springs and Beshear Point Mine later in the day

Details on the Scene of the Crime

• The locks to the garage did not appear to have been forced or tampered with.
  • The garage has some additional security measures (cameras, motion sensors, etc.) focused on/directed at the approach to the garage doors. The camera feeds recorded nothing unusual in the hours between the previous patrol after the last shift change and when Varrick came by to do his rounds that morning.
  • The Magic Miner was kept in a bay with a chain link gate. The padlock appeared to have been either crudely cut off or possibly pulled apart.
  • There were no tracks leading out from the bay, but there were some odd X-shaped skid marks where the Magic Miner was sitting.
  • Beshear Point Mine was the first place they investigated. The only treasure seekers at the mine were a group of dwarves with the standard statement of “looking for the rumored treasure but haven’t found anything yet.” The only tracked vehicle tracks at the mine entrance matched up to one of their vehicles, a converted Northern Gun Cargonaut.
  • All local garages, warehouses, and any locations big enough to house the Magic Miner were investigated as quietly as possible after its disappearance -- even Griswold’s, who had the contract to work on the city’s vehicles and who was one of the few outside of the city’s government cleared to access the secure garage. No traces of the Miner were found inside the city.

"The handsome stranger is the head of the constabulary of the town back there. We got made, but got answers. Anyway he's the other employer for the other half of the job. I haven't let him know this is the full size of our force."

"Kind of a looker, he is. Name's Cullen. Captain Cullen."

"Someone has some interesting abilities, cause that magic miner we're hunting was shrunken down and then carried off. Now that juicer you drilled may have been the muscle, but I bet someone or something else did the shrinking."

While she's talking, Kat fills the empty chamber in her NE-6SL, and checks the e-clip meter on her family heirloom.

"Someone spiked me with time-delay nanites to knock me out while we were in town. Maybe it was the dumpster dive I took, or handling the Horsemen's shit. Or someone was targeting me specifically. That twacked out doctor knows her shit, at least. She got me back on my feet in no time."

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Townsend » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:03 pm

Townsend wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 11:46 am
    Temp: 44 degrees F
    Weather: Clouds blowing in from the south, with darker storm clouds further south, winds gusting to the north at speeds up to 20 MPH.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown

Fiona slows the hovercycle to a stop before getting off of it and approaching the hovercar, noticing the remaining members of the group in there with someone piloting the vehicle. They chat for a few minutes until Jez and the rest from the pit are able to catch up to them with prisoner in tow. When Jez and Analoy first started climbing out of the pit, they both felt sluggish and groggy, but by the time they rendezvous with the others, their minds finally feel free of any heaviness again. During the walk there, Jez tries to analyze what had happened and why and what it meant in military terms, but like a puzzle missing pieces, she’s having a hard time figuring it out, possibly from not being able to think clearly. However even once her head clears, she’s still not having much luck. Analoy contemplates how the fight had gone for them and what she feels she could have done differently.

Haley continues to provide comms for Jez until her own radio starts working again. She looks around, trying to keep eyes peeled, but her vision starts to blur as she can feel tears welling up finally, and for whatever reason, they continue to do so as she offers her abilities as a trained interrogator. While she waits for an answer from Jez, she assesses the dwarf and feels that he’s not very experience and that he’s at least somewhat nervous about something. She also assesses the area that they are standing in and feels very confident that it would be very difficult to ambush through traditional (i.e. non-magical and non-psionics).

While Susan is speaking to Fiona, her whole world goes completely dark as a large bird dropping covers her helmet. Fiona laughs, but Susan is fairly confident that her laughter had nothing to do with what just happened to her, but only fairly confident. After that, however, Fiona finishes going to the Titan robot vehicle, and true to what she had been told, the crew access hatch was welded shut. The job is sloppy and rushed, but more than sufficient to prevent entry of anyone to the controls. However, thanks to her abilities, she doesn’t need direct access to those as she reaches out with her mind and starts up the robot vehicle and begins to give it commands, starting with bending over and picking her up, and then walking it over to where the rest of the party had assembled to share what information that they have been able to glean so far.

Haley gives her account of what had happened in the pit. Analoy suggests to Jez that they should just kill the dwarf to be on the safe side. Jez sets the dwarf on the ground, but leaves the plasma garrote still wrapped around his neck. She has to force herself not to laugh when Susan calls the Magic Miner a “mining phallus”. Jez then proceeds to make the dwarf aware that if he doesn’t have any useful information, he’ll wind up just like Sleepy. She leans over to Haley and places her hand on her armor, repairing the damage done to it, before climbing to the top of her robot vehicle. Cordelia inspects the laser pistol she got off of Sleepy before ejecting the E-Clip for safety and putting them away before carefully picking up the grenades and securing the satchel they are in around her waist. Before Jez climbs up the robot, Cordelia makes sure to let her know that the crew access hatch had been welded shut.

Haley watches Jez set the dwarf back down and begins to wonder if she misunderstood the tattooed woman when she had suggested “putting him down”, but after giving it some thought, she feels confident that she understood what the woman meant, Jez just happened to need to set him down at that time anyway in order to allow Haley to interrogate him. She instinctively stiffened when Jez had repaired her armor instantly with unnatural abilities of her own, but thanks Jez all the same. She then brings the dwarf between the feet of the giant vehicle to begin her interrogation, laying down the ground rules first, the gets right to business by asking him who his boss is, what she is capable of, and where she can be found.

”What kind of assurances can you give me that you won’t just kill me once I give up the information?” the dwarf asks in a gruff voice, his cybernetic eyes whirring as he squints. To this, Captain Cullen speaks up saying ”Because I will be placing you under arrest for the theft of the mining equipment, as well as any other crimes you are found to be guilty of.” The dwarf’s expression hardens for several minutes as he seems to be thinking things over until he finally says ”Her name is Bella Vinezia. She ain’t hard to miss, just look for the most beautiful thing you have ever seen, and then erase that from your mind when you look upon her. She’s Techno-Wizard, as for what she’s capable of. And where she can be found, last I knew of her, she was down in the mines, powering the mining equipment.”

Kat does what Kat does best, LOOT! She commandeers any of the group nearby not doing anything important (in her mind) to help with loading the remaining stockpile into the vehicle. Captain Cullen even helps out by doing a running inventory as he helps everyone grab weapons and tools from the ground. Kat then climbs the robot to talk with Jez, updating her on what she was able to find out in town.

OOC Comments
  • 8 NG-L5 laser rifles
  • 7 Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistols
  • 8 vibro-knives
  • 8 vibro-blades
  • 1 Wilk’s Laser Scalpel
  • 15 normal E-Clips
  • 1 Wilk’s Jet Pack (gasoline engine)
  • 5 gallon gas can that is full of gasoline
  • a half empty case of grenades (a full case can hold up 25, but only 13 are there)
  • a spare Juicer drug pack
  • 3 1st Aid Kits
  • 1 Bio-Comp
  • 1 Hypodermic gun
  • 8 tubes of Protein Healing Salve
  • 1 Palm Bio-Unit
  • 1 Stethoscope
  • 1 box of 100 surgical gloves
  • 8 old style radio communicators
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

"...and now they work for me."
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Haley Marie » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 80 / 46%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 44

Haley has been fighting very hard to keep the emotions she can’t seem to control from leaking into her voice. As long as she holds it together for now, she can fall apart later if she has to.

You don’t fall apart in front of the indigs, no matter what. All Special Forces learned that early on.

She eyes the man who had accompanied the rest of the...girls, as they call themselves. From his response, it seems he’s not actually one of them, but rather local law enforcement. She’ll have to moderate what she might otherwise do to extract information; many of those who consider themselves ‘lawmen’ have an unreasonable attitude towards what’s needed to get the job done, like snipping unimportant bits off a prisoner to make sure he’s telling the truth.

”Good, that’s good; see, you get to keep your ear,” she tells the prisoner, moving the vibroknife to tap the aforementioned sensitive piece of flesh lightly. ”Let’s try and do as good for the second set; how many more allies like yourselves does she have down there, and what do they bring to the table? And what is she digging for?” One surmises if there’s been stolen digging equipment and a need for it to be powered, there’s important excavation going on.

Interrogation 1d100 = 71 / 50%
Haley Marie

Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cordelia » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 13

Looting time. Cordelia is not very excited to handle the dead bodies, but she is excited to study the enemy. She took a few pictures then followed Kats orders to move the cached items. She then went to inspecting the dwarves scattered around the pit. She wondered it the were paid to do this or just mind controlled like the Cadizians. She was also curious about finding any possible important items of intel. Wishful thinking she is sure, but better to check.

As everyone busies them selves, Cordelia breaks away briefly and ducks into some bushes away from the gathering. She pulls out her bottled water and opens her suit and does her best to clean the urine away. Its cold enough outside that she hesitant to use too much water, but not so cold to her Ispheming upbringing that she is really bothered by it. She secures her armor and gets back to work hoping no one has seen her stripping in the woods. If Captain Cullen saw her she may just die of embarrassment.

Cordelia

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 74 / 21%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 53

No, I'd laugh too if someone got a big enough bird poop on them to block out their vision. What the hell kind of bird was that?

"Query - are we under attack by some kind of mutant fowl? Computer, track bird."

Making use of the suit's advanced tracking systems, she tries to make sure that they are not, in fact, in danger. Assuming they're not, she dumps water from her canteen on her helmet, keeping the suit CLOSED and does what she can to generally clean it off.

At least I'm environmentally sealed in here. Maybe I can dunk into a river later.

She then goes over to watch the interrogation, curious about how it all works.

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kat Porter » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:08 am

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 100
JIC d20: 1d20 = 7
JIC d100: 1d100 = 79

As Kat fills Jez in, the City Rat squats down and keeps an eye on the scene, and the mine entrance. Susan's wiping her helmet off of some nasty white crap, Cordilia is wandering off, apparently answering natures call. That's who I'd ambush.... Off from the pack... "Hey Analoy, make sure the scholar doesn't get jumped with her pants down." Kat points the general direction Cordilia is heading off to with her lever-action pointer.

"We're getting intel, but whoever's down there is getting time to set up defensive positions. Whaddya think, partner?"

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Haley Marie » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:32 pm

(Rolls carried)

Haley keeps her focus upon her Dwarven subject, but can't help but note that this is exactly the sort of command discipline Special Forces expects out of indigs...which is to say, not much.

Temptress seems to have a military background, but this Cat? Not so much. Troops wandering off without orders, contradictory orders when they are given, everything seems a little...haphazard. All of it makes her suddenly miss her unit with a pang that feels more like pain, not in the least because she's the only one left now. She'd give just about anything to get back with her people again; but she can't -- won't -- trust those who are in charge any more. They'd betrayed her and hers, in a manner that's unforgivable.

She's just not sure she can live like this either, though....
Haley Marie

Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cordelia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 54

Cordelia sees Kat pointing at her. Analoy is looking at her.
OH SHIT, they see me. Im basically naked over here. Panic sets in. She pours water all over herself.
"EEEPppp.."It is too damn cold for this. She shudders and gets herself together.
do I look like I peed myself? what ever play it off, look professional.

Cordelia

Postby Fiona » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 9/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 19; 1d100 = 12
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Telemechanics (Mental Operation)

Robot Mechanics 1d100 = 15/49% Pass (To reopen the hatch.)

Fiona from her perch on the Titan's shoulder. "I can get the door unwelded in a few minutes if you want me too. Funny how the little bugger decided to weld the door shut versus cutting it open." Fiona commands the robot to crouch and bring a hand up to help her down. Never understood the only giving a robot one hand concept. Once Fiona is feet on the ground she sets the Titan to rest mode and goes to fix the hatch.
Fiona
Fi
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Vehicle
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Townsend » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:09 pm

Townsend wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 12:00 pm
    Temp: 44 degrees F
    Weather: Clouds blowing in from the south, with darker storm clouds further south, winds gusting to the north at speeds up to 20 MPH.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown
    Location: in between Dawson Springs and the mine near Dawson Springs

Haley’s initial emotional response is the byproduct of years of Coalition indoctrination and is a testament to her willpower that she didn’t automatically react in the manner she had been taught by the CS when confronted by unknown powers suddenly without any warning, violently. But now that the initial shock has worn off, she finds it easy to get her emotions under control again, as well as now knowing what her apparent commander can do, she won’t be so easily caught off guard again. She briefly looks to the unknown male who drove the hovercar the rest of the team showed up in, but seeing that everyone else wasn’t acting warily toward him told her that he is a trusted ally, for now. Turning her attention back to the dwarf, she asks him more questions, starting with how many more allies like him there were. The dwarf stares at her for a moment as his cybernetic eyes whir, squinting in thought before finally saying ”There are no others like me.” Her next question appears to be moot, and then she asks the million dollar question, what was his boss digging for. The dwarf kind of gives a half shrug when he says ”I don’t know, I’m just the doctor.”

Cordelia finishes helping with helping store the weapons, after which she begins to walk toward the mine pit until she finds a bush she thinks is large enough that she can hide behind while she gives herself a quick field bath. As she gets out of her armor, she notices a flock of oversized buzzards off in the distance, in the general direction of the mine pit, but not in it.

Susan cleans away the bird poop as she begins scanning the sky for what manner of creature could have produced it, and finds a number of oversized buzzards circling overhead, the stench of death already attracting the scavengers. Susan pulls her eyes away from the perfectly normal cycle of life and death and instead decides to watch the interrogation process, idly wondering if the prisoner had been given a physical examination.

Kat is perched at the top of the robot with Jez and Fiona when she almost gets knocked off of it as a pair of oversized buzzards fight each other mid-air. Once she is re-settled, she notices Cordelia wandering away from the group, making herself a target, and gives Analoy orders to keep an eye on her. Captain Cullen accompanies her, respectfully not looking in Cordelia’s direction. She continues her conversation with Jez, who is staring intently in the direction of the mine pit, eerily silent.

During her interrogation of the prisoner, Haley ponders her current professional predicament, causing her to reminisce of her time in the Coalition military and their adherence to orders. As she ponders this, she notices the other group leader, Kat, shouting orders to the tattooed woman who fought in the mine pit to keep an eye on the one wandering away, and she realizes while this group doesn’t have the military discipline she is used to, they do seem to genuinely care for one another, well, at least most of them seem to. It’s hard to gauge as she hasn’t had the chance to interact with the rest of the team yet.

Cordelia tries to do a field bathing and thinks this is what it’s going to be like, but she winds up being more like this.

Fiona informs Jez that she can fix the crew access hatch while also pondering out loud about how the dead dwarf decided to weld it shut instead of cutting it open, but only gets silence as Jez stares off into the distance. Figuring that Jez is going to want it fixed, Fiona gets to work by first commanding the robot vehicle to set herself, Kat, and Jez back on the ground, then gives it a command to squat so that the crew access hatch is at head height, roughly speaking. Fiona then carefully starts cutting while reading a diagnostic read out as she did so to make sure she did not hit anything critical, and in doing so notices that one of the locking mechanism’s hydraulic lines was damaged by the dwarf welding the door shut. She can use her psychic powers to reset the mechanism, but she can’t fix the damage out in the field.
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

"...and now they work for me."
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Cordelia » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 66

Cordelia pulls her suit back on and tucks her wet hair into her helmet and seals it up.
All sealed up she climbs out of the bushes and heads back to the rest of the group.
Those are some big birds. That means something dead.
She fumbles for her camera. Photography 60% 1d100 = 51 And takes some pictures.
She strolls up to Kat like nothing just happened.
"Whats next boss lady?"
The trapped moisture in her helmet has her visor fogging over.

Cordelia

Postby Haley Marie » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:46 am

Perception: 1d100 = 31 / 46%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 54

Oh, so now you're going to start playing games? Not wise, little man.

"Oh, and you were doing so well, Doc," Haley replies, sounding disappointed. "And then you have to go and try to be cute." Increasing the pressure of her hand slightly, the vibroknife whines into life, the flat of the blade pressed against his cheekbone to make the sensation unmistakable. "Let's be a little more explicit; how many more allies does she have, little runts like you or otherwise, that we might encounter? Or do we try improving your looks by removing an ear?" she suggests coolly, sliding the blade up his cheekbone toward that somewhat prominent protrusion.

Interrogation 1d100 = 74 / 50%
Haley Marie

Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kat Porter » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:03 am

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 98
JIC d20: 1d20 = 6
JIC d100: 1d100 = 6

Radio: Basic 88%: 1d100 = 57
Intimidate 65%: 1d100 = 87
Sensory Equipment 45%: 1d100 = 90

The new girl seems to be handling him pretty well. Still, some 'good cop/bad cop plus someone outside the cop rules' may be in order. Kat transmits a brief and possibly confusing message to Captain Cullen and the new girl after turning off her armor's loudspeakers."Hey Captain. You're the good cop, I'm the bad cop, and this new girl is the vigilante both of us are expected to arrest but neither of us really want to." Kat hopes Cullen's seen one of the Pre-Rifts movies that gave her this idea.

Turning back on her loudspeaker, Kat puts her scary bitch voice on and speaks up at the dwarf being interrogated and the woman doing the interrogating. "I don't care what Mr. Sheriff Pretty Face over there said, if he's giving you bad intel you can just plug him and save us the time and effort of hauling him back to town. Time is money and I don't like wasting mine."

When the scholar walks up, Kat gives her a brief admonition. "Cordilla, you forgot we're on the buddy system. That includes latrine time. What if someone jumped you while you were outta sight? We can chill for a moment. We ain't got much ta do now until the new girl is done with her new squeak toy." Kat indicates Haley and the dwarf with a gesture. "Keep your eyes open though, and stick with a buddy. To make sure this works, I'm your buddy." On that note, Kat pings her suit's built in sensors again.

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Haley Marie » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:44 pm

(Rolls Carried)

Behind her helmet's one-way faceplate, the corner of Haley's mouth quirks slightly. By her standards, what they are all currently doing is rank vigilantism, even though she doubts they see it that way.

"You don't need to tell me how to do my job," she replies aloud, for the benefit of 'Doc' and of her allies both. She's certainly ready to part skin, bone, and brain should the prisoner prove to be an unexpected threat, and she has little compunctions about leaving him safely dead rather than a potential danger once they're done with him.

Not like it'd be the first time.

Contingent Vibroblade Strike: 1d20+3 = 15, Contingent Vibroblade Damage: 1d6 = 5M.D.
Haley Marie

Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cordelia » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 59

"Roger that Kat, Ma'am."
ugh I got seen. Hope no one saw anything specific.
she looks at Capt. Cullen. She blushes a little at the though that he may have seen her.
Try to not let it bother me. Get to work. Document the scene. What would Erin Taryn do at an interrogation.
Suddenly the situation dawned on her. Interrogation. Photography 60%1d100 = 30 she takes pictures of the dwarf about to be filleted my the new girl. Not the interrogation she expected, she imagined kneecap screws, burning bamboo under the fingernails or waterboarding.
Its a good thing her visor is foggy, Cordelia is turning pale inside her helmet at the thought of seeing this goon cutting Docs ear off.

Last edited by Cordelia on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cordelia

Postby Jezebel » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:43 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 64
Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 8

GM wrote:As she [Cordelia] gets out of her armor, she notices a flock of oversized buzzards off in the distance, in the general direction of the mine pit, but not in it.

Susan cleans away the bird poop as she begins scanning the sky for what manner of creature could have produced it, and finds a number of oversized buzzards circling overhead...

Kat is perched at the top of the robot with Jez and Fiona when she almost gets knocked off of it as a pair of oversized buzzards fight each other mid-air.

Fiona informs Jez that she can fix the crew access hatch while also pondering out loud about how the dead dwarf decided to weld it shut instead of cutting it open, but only gets silence as Jez stares off into the distance.

Jez wordlessly pulls a 10mm pistol from her harness as she mentally initiates the targeting computer display built into in her HUD, sights the buzzards, and sends a single 10mm round towards each. The Atorians loved to make use of aerial drones. No chance, Bella. I've played this game before. I take no chances, and make no risky assumptions.

Strike rolls: 1d20+4 = 5, 1d20+4 = 19, 1d20+4 = 16, 1d20+4 = 8, 1d20+4 = 15, 1d20+4 = 12
Damage rolls: 4d6 = 11, 4d6 = 16, 4d6 = 17, 4d6 = 15, 4d6 = 17, 4d6 = 10
OOC Comments
There's no indication how many buzzards are aloft, so I've provided six rolls.

Once that's done, she'll look to Kat. "Thanks for the debrief." She then holsters the pistol in her harness and looks back to Kat again. "I don't know what those things were in the sky, but the last thing we need to give our adversaries is aerial reconnaissance."

She looks around to the others and shouts to ensure she's heard and understood. "Could be aerial recon. You see anything lingering about in the sky: kill it."

She looks back to Kat. "We practically stumbled into this mining pit. We seriously need a map of the local terrain to avoid any more stupid blunders like the one from which we just extracted ourselves. We have any aerial assets of our own? We could use some of the same type of intel those things might have been collecting."

NE-28R: 2 / 10
GAW 10mm: ?/15

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Kat Porter » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:52 pm

(Rolls Held)

Pilot: Hover Craft 83%: 1d100 = 20
Streetwise 67%: 1d100 = 45

When Jez opens fire on the birds, Kat first waves around her Naruni Lever Action rifle, but when Kat sees Jez is shooting birds, the City Rat conserves her ammo, unless the birds seem impervious to bullets. That will worry Kat immensely.

On the topic of airborne assets, Kat shrugs. "I'm a fine hoverbike pilot, but they're all back at the garage. Maybe if we go back for Cordilia's ride, it could get up like 50 feet, I think."

"Mention the maps before we leave town next time. Badgerbold's in MercTown has the best maps of all types." Kat actually makes a note to herself. Always buy maps.

Kat approaches Captain Cullen, circling the interrogation. The City Rat dials down her loudspeaker. "Captain, do you have any terrain maps of the area? I should have asked in town, of course..."

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Susan Lee » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:31 am

Perception: 1d100 = 43 / 21%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 77

Susan says "Computer, explain standard vulture behaviors... mmmhm, yes." She then starts to raise her energy rifle, but sees Jez is already shooting the birds.

To the group, she comments, "Submitting that these vultures are acting outside of standard species parameters and that whoever is controlling them isn't even being subtle. Have you EVER heard of anyone being pooped on by a vulture? They're a common bird. Seagulls, pigeons, starlings, sure. But no one gets pooped on by a vulture."

Susan then takes careful aim at the vulture that defiled her suit. If she hits it, she moves on to any others in range. "Perhaps one of these is a familiar?"

Aimed Ion Blast 1d20+10 = 20 Damage 3d6 = 7
Aimed Ion Blast 1d20+10 = 28 Damage 3d6 = 15

This dwarf claims he is a doctor? Unlikely! Good thing he won't live past today.

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:37 am

(rolls carried over)

Jez calls back to Haley, going along with what she thinks might be a ploy. Kat probably would kill the guy without a second thought given how she's head-capped virtually anyone who's gotten in her way. "Yeah, if he's decided to clam up, just frag him and be done with it." Kat's safety lecture meets Jez's wholehearted approval. How to make use of Cordelia's potential? She has certain skills and abilities, but her lack of grit limits her potential. What to do? How to use her? "Badgerbold's?" Jez inquires of Kat. "This is a store or library in Merctown?" she asks as she walks alongside Kat to meet Cullen.

Susan wrote:"Perhaps one of these is a familiar?"

Susan's pondering catches Jez's attention, and she misunderstands her words. "No, I'm unfamiliar with most of this planet's flora and fauna, but those just seem to have arrived too coincidentally in time to supervise us."

NE-28R: 2 / 10
GAW 10mm: ?/15

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Kat Porter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:14 pm

(Rolls Held)

"A store, of course. MercTown, remember?" Inside her shell the City Rat smiles. Everything is for sale, but don't expect it cheap. Badgerbold's Cartographers in the Spokes. Those tiny people know their shit."

Kat Porter

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Haley Marie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:52 pm

(Rolls Carried)

Haley clenches her jaw as half of the squad drifts into the immediate area and discusses matters back and forth over her head. She is...not used to this much of an uninvolved audience when conducting an interrogation, and their unrelated chatter and presence is throwing her off.

Not to mention that both the Commander and her 2IC seem more than happy to have me just end the little runt rather than waste too much time on this, she muses. If she doesn't get anywhere helpful with him, she may just have to do that. Working with local law enforcement can often be helpful, but it's not like they answered to--

Right. The Coalition doesn't answer to Podunk sheriffs and their rules. I might actually have to start taking heed of them, she thinks with distaste. Talk about annoying and inconvenient....
Haley Marie

Haley Marie
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:12 am

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 99
JIC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 4

Conditions:
Heart with Tiny Wings: Run at Superhuman Speed, 149.75/180 min duration, 80 mph (292 ft/action), Leap 20' high & 30' long from a 30mph running start, +2 dmg from HTH attacks, +1 Dodge
Flaming Eye (Fire Protection & Thermo-Imaging): 0.25/30 min duration, Thermo vision 600'; Shoot flames from eyes, 400' 6d4 M.D. +2 to strike only

Analoy made her way over to the feet of the giant robot, letting Haley take charge of the prisoner. Standing there trying to look imposing as she let the other woman do the work while she let her head clear.

Felling almost herself again, Analoy nods to Kat as the woman gives her instructions to keep a eye on Cordelia. Following the scholar over to the bush, she turns as Cullen comes over as well, positioning herself so that Cullen is faced away from the woman cleaning herself. When Cordelia douses herself with water, (Frak is our scholar a greeny or what.) Analoy almost laughs but instead she says, "Cordie, when we get back to town your getting some field training"

When the green bean scholar finishes cleaning up, Analoy makes her way back to the group only to see Jez start taking shots at the vultures. She waggles Zdeslav and rests a hand on the net pistol, "That's all up to you guys. My ranged options have all timed out. But the good news is my heads cleared up. I'm feeling back to one hundred percent and the next dwarf that looks at me funny is gonna have his brain replaced with Zdeslav here." She taps the mace head menacingly against her free hand.

Looking between the group of GIRLS once again, Analoy asks, "What's the plan?"
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jezebel » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:52 am

(rolls held)

Kat Porter wrote:"A store, of course. MercTown, remember? Badgerbold's Cartographers in the Spokes. Those tiny people know their shit."

"I don't recall ever having heard of it." Jez shrugs. "Good to know for future reference."
Analoy wrote:Analoy makes her way back to the group only to see Jez start taking shots at the vultures. She waggles Zdeslav and rests a hand on the net pistol, "That's all up to you guys. My ranged options have all timed out. But the good news is my heads cleared up. I'm feeling back to one hundred percent and the next dwarf that looks at me funny is gonna have his brain replaced with Zdeslav here." She taps the mace head menacingly against her free hand. Looking between the group of GIRLS once again, Analoy asks, "What's the plan?"

"We need aerial reconnaissance. Can you fly? If so, fly up and take Cordelia with you. Put her recorder to use. We need the lay of the land so we don't fall into another trap...and to find our bounty."

Gear

Jezebel
Group Leader

Previous

Return to G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum