Episode 1: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:52 pm

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 85
JIC d20: 1d20 = 5
JIC d100: 1d100 = 76

Prowl 78-10(armor)=68%: 1d100 = 25
Sensory Equipment 53%: 1d100 = 74

Kat slings her family heirloom over her shoulder and takes point in front of the brain trust with the Naruni Lever Action in hand. "Stick behind me. You don't want to be in my field of fire." Kat makes her way down the tunnel as stealthily as possible toward Jez's position.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:57 pm

Townsend wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 1:50 pm
    Temp: 48 degrees F
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown
    Location: Dawson Springs/mine near Dawson Springs


Jez quietly stalks down the western tunnel, making less noise than a prowling house cat. The tunnel has a few prisoners, most of them huddled around connecting tunnels, but there are a few who are propped up against the walls. At first glance they seem to be dead, but on closer examination you can see them breathing, slightly, and in pain. Continuing down the tunnel, she notices each tunnel that connects to the one she’s in is filled with people, most of whom are propped up against the walls. In one chamber, she notices what looks like a bejeweled radar set with some scorch marks on the dish. Turning the corner at the northern end of the tunnel, Jez sees at the western corner two figures walking out of a recent addition, one is a woman far more stunning than even Jez, practically divine in looks, while the other person is very tall and hunched over due to the ceiling of the mines, but looks like they would stand about 8 feet tall fully erect and wearing royal blue robes and a mask on his face. ”I’ve just finished overseeing the mechanic who was among the slaves finish installing fresh treads on the machine, so we can proceed without delay, master.” the woman says to the taller figure, who responds in a raspy and gravelly voice ”It had better, otherwise it will be your life force that will power the machine next! These delays have already cost us precious time and now we have meddlers snooping about. Now I will go speak with our dragon friend to see if I can coax any information out of it.”. The tall robed figure stalks off to the south, out of Jez’s line of view. James sees much of the same that Jez saw with the prisoners as he makes his way through the south tunnel as it gradually turns north. He almost makes it to the northeast corner when he hears the conversation above. By the sounds of the movement, it sounded like the robed figure moved into a chamber that is on the opposite side of the wall to James left.

Cordelia worries about the prisoners welfare when she notices an odd smell. Upon mentioning this to Susan, Susan points out that Cordelia’s armor should be environmentally sealed, causing Cordelia that she had removed her helmet at one point. Checking her suit’s computer, she notices that the air filtration system has a system warning with an error code 110. They hear Jez give them orders over the radio to advance if they are not actively keeping the prisoners alive to advance through the mine. Susan replies over the radio with their situation as Kat takes point, leading the remaining members of the team forward.

Map Closeup 06-05-19.png


What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
Analoy (Armor of Ithan): -(25/2) MDC = -13 MDC
Cordelia: -25 MDC[/color]
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:04 am

Perception: 1d100 = 71
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 29
Perception: 60%


code 110 must have fried something important. That'll teach me to run next time I see a dragon
Cordelia is not panicking so much as just showing anxiety over her situation. She gets in line behind Susan and Kat and draws her weapon and tries to stay quiet.
As they pass the people they meet in the tunnel she scurries up and waves at Kat. She whispers"Should we tell these people to head for the surface."

Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby The Bos » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:58 pm

GM Post addition (note to self, don't count this as a GM post at the end of the quad) to show what -- or rather who -- Jez sees.

Baddies.jpg
User avatar
The Bos
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 pm
Location: Rifts: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:20 pm

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 50
JIC d20: 1d20 = 9
JIC d100: 1d100 = 100

Prowl 78-10(armor)=68%: 1d100 = 53
Sensory Equipment 53%: 1d100 = 89
Lore: Magic (General Knowledge) 63%: 1d100 = 79 (Theorizing if these people are being used as magic batteries)

Kat follows Jez's path to the left as quietly as possible. If she spots Jez before Jez spots her, Kat squaks the radio mike twice to alert her touchy co-leader to her arrival.

Kat ponders Cordilia's question when she raises it. Messing with them didn't turn out to well this time. I don't like how they're chained together like cells in a battery either. Can't spellcasters and demons use living things for power? "If you see our payday, get him to the surface. Otherwise, leave them be. They might be powering a ritual, and I'm pretty sure we'd alert someone if we interrupted it. Hecate, I could sure use some wisdom about now."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:04 am

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 81
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 84

Prowl ☞ 85% / 1d100 = 13 (obvious intent)
Detect Ambush ☞ 80% / 1d100 = 29 (to keep an eye out for traps, things camouflaged, etc.)
Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 93 (to keep an eye out for traps, things camouflaged, etc.)
Detect Concealment ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 65 (to keep an eye out for traps, things camouflaged, etc.)
Sensory Equipment ☞ 65%+25% (merged) 90% / 1d100 = 31 (using her suit's sophisticated sensors)

Jez backs out of line of sight of the pair of sinister figures, then edges back around a blind corner so as to be able to get the jump on one if they round the corner. What the frak is it about fancy bitches like that which always makes me want to shoot them between the eyes? Merged to her suit, Jez wills open a secure comm line to James "I'm waiting for back-up, James. Keep an eye on at least one of them. If you can magically keep tabs on both, do it, but top priority is to remain out of sight." She then switches to the group's secure frequency, "I'm holding position while you catch up. Make it fast, we need back-up. We can extricate the hostages after we eliminate the threats." She then eyes the scorched & jeweled radar and opens up a secure line to Kat. "Kat, there's a machine here that looks like a radar array but it's got precious gems on it and some scorch marks. I don't know what the frak I'm looking at, but maybe you can judge what this thing is." Lords know I don't know what the hell to make of much of your world's weird-ass technology, but you're a street-smart indig, so maybe you'll prove useful.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:11 am

(Rolls Held)

Sensory Equipment 53%: 1d100 = 13
Lore : Magic (Recog. Enchantment) 46%: 1d100 = 29
Gemology 63%: 1d100 = 74

Kat responds to Jez's inquiry, wracking her brain about what she knows about radar and magic and gems. Not sure but that might be the mind control device. Radar emits a long range signal that bounces back. Yeah. That sounds like the sorta thing Pete would use for this kinda device. "Not sure without seeing which gems are in it, but I'm gonna bet it's that mind control device. What colors are the gems?"
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:46 pm

(rolls carried over)

Kat Porter wrote:"Not sure without seeing which gems are in it, but I'm gonna bet it's that mind control device. What colors are the gems?"


Jez's eyes narrow behind her visor. Technological frakking mind-benders! Jez replies back to Kat on their secure channel. "Can't tell from here, but they'll be black in about fifteen seconds. I'm gonna blast this thing to plasma ash. Get folks here in a hurry."

Jez switches channels to speak to James. "I'm gonna blast that device. It's what's causing the mind control. If you have explosives, use 'em, otherwise I'm just gonna slag it with my rifle. Hope you're ready for some action, this'll likely bring a whole lotta heat down on this location." She brings the Naruni rifle merged to her right hand up to her shoulder and takes aim while keeping her senses alert to her surroundings & sensor readings. Three blasts should more than suffice, right?
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:19 am

Perception: 1d100 = 82 / 26%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 64

Susan moves as stealthily as possible, rifle at the ready and keeping an eye out for any danger or prisoners.

Where is everyone? We've been down here forever and nothing has happened. Being a mercenary has been incredibly boring. Except for the dragon. Which I'm still not sure wasn't an illusion.

As they pass the chained up people, she examines them to try to determine their general health and what's going on with them.

Medical Doctor: 1d100 = 55 / 73%

Should we release them? It might draw out our targets, considering they seem to be hiding from us more than presenting an actual danger.
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:49 pm

(Roll Held)

When Susan asks the question about the people in the side tunnels after Cordelia, Kat wonders if Susan was snooping on her and Jez's private frequency. Behind her mirror visor, Kat's face contorts into a puzzled expression. "Not until Jez starts shooting. But then, yes get them outta here. I'm gonna move up to support her." The City Rat responds in a whispered tone and then continues up the left hand path until she spots Jez.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby James Miller » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:07 pm

Perception: 95% |1d100 = 92
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 86

Disguise 73%| 1d100 = 62
Radio Basic 88%| 1d100 = 15
Prowl 78%+5% 83%, (-20% for other to detect, -21% for infrared and thermal to detect) | 1d100 = 53
Detect Ambush 68% |1d100 = 74
Detect Concealment 53% | 1d100 = 50
Pick Locks 89%| 1d100 = 93


The instant the spy hears voices his training automatically starts listening for tone and inflection as well as accent. He does all he can to keep the sound of the voices in the front of his mind in case he may need them. Fuck me, there is no way to know if I can stay hidden if I try to follow this guy into the room. I think I have to try and get him or someone else in the room to come back out. Just as he is formulating a strategy he hears Jez give instructions,
Jezebel wrote:"I'm waiting for back-up, James. Keep an eye on at least one of them. If you can magically keep tabs on both, do it, but top priority is to remain out of sight."


James quickly replies in a barely audible voice, "I'm on the big guy."

James moves around quietly, (Prowl, Detect Concealment/Ambush) to the entrance the big guy went through but doesn't have a chance to do anything before further instructions break over the radio in his ear.
Jezebel wrote: "I'm gonna blast that device. It's what's causing the mind control. If you have explosives, use 'em, otherwise I'm just gonna slag it with my rifle. Hope you're ready for some action, this'll likely bring a whole lotta heat down on this location."


James doesn't reply as he knows enough about Jez to know that once she decides to blow something up, he doesn't have a lot of time to fuck around. Moving as quickly as he can to not give away his position, the spy moves back down the tunnel and finds one of the unconscious prisoners. He quickly removes their outer clothing and moves the prisoner in a way to hide the fact that he or she is missing clothing. He puts the stolen clothing on over top of his armor in an attempt to make himself look like one of the injured people. He takes one last look at the injured person's body language so he can mimic their look of pained unconsciousness. A small part of his mind tells him he should feel bad for these people that have been through a terrible ordeal but its not a very convincing part of his mind, Fuck that shit! Everybody has been through some shit and right now this fucker's jacket and pants might keep me alive and give me a chance to get the drop on someone. If he didn't want me to take his shit he should have gotten caught in the first place. James puts himself back against the wall in a spot with a view of the entrance the tall man went through and begins to copy the look and movements of the unconscious prisoners, (Disguise).

Once Jez starts shooting and blowing things up:

Contingency one:
If the man comes back out the entrance James will let him pass and follow at a distance immediately radioing Jez informing her of his movements. If he is absolutely certain he can do it covertly, James will toss a sticky tracer bug on the man as he passes, (roll to strike: 1d20+5 = 25, prowl roll to keep it a quiet strike: Prowl 83%| 1d100 = 69).

Contingency two:
If someone other than the tall man comes out the entrance James will give Jez the details of who they are and their armaments before moving to the entrance. If the coast seems clear, he will move through the entrance into the room doing everything to stay hidden and silent.

Contingency three:
If no one comes out the entrance James will survey they area and what he can hear from inside the room. If the coast seems clear, he will move through the entrance into the room doing everything to stay hidden and silent.
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:39 pm

Susan nods at Kat and whips out her laser knife so she can cut the people free.

Finally something's happening. I didn't pop all those awesome drugs for nothing.
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby The Bos » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:04 pm

Townsend wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 1:55 pm
    Temp: 49 degrees F
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature. Because this is TOTALLY relevant down in the mine.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown
    Location: Dawson Springs/mine near Dawson Springs



Susan examines the unconscious prisoners, and the closer she looks the more hideous their condition becomes. Dimly visible in the poor light of the tunnels are what appears to be giant, fleshy sacks with three tentacles about 4-5 feet long that are attached to the prisoners. When lying in the shadows they can easily be overlooked as rocks. As for the prisoners themselves, her inspection reveals that they’re all experiencing unusually rapid heartbeats, shortness of breath, pale skin, cracks at the corner of their mouths, and in some cases their fingernails are starting to curve slightly upwards. They are almost textbook cases of patients suffering from anemia.

She along with Cordelia and Kat discuss whether or not to release the prisoners. Kat, while not indifferent to their plight, re-emphasizes the need to prioritize Fixer’s missing cousin before moving up to support Jez.

James finds a prisoner whose tentacles don’t interfere much with the removing of their clothes, and before you can say ‘indecent exposure’ he’s draped himself as well as he can in them. Fortunately for James the prisoner was a bit on the hefty side (though he’s lost a good bit of weight recently assuming they fit him beforehand) so the fit over all his gear, while certainly isn’t perfect, could at least be worse. He stealthily inches his way around the corner and peeks inside the chamber the person with the raspy voice entered. He sees the tall figure, male, powerfully built, dressed in royal blue robes and wearing a mask that looks more ‘grown’ than ‘carved.’ There are more prisoners around the perimeter of the room, and a jewel-encrusted radar-type device off to one side that looks similar to the one Jez described over the comms, but it’s what lies in the center of the room that almost takes James by surprise. A fully-grown dragon lies on the floor of the room wrapped in multiple glowing ‘carpets’ that look to have it stuck tight. The dragon appears to be roughly 60' long with a 100' wingspan, with bright red scales that glisten even in the relatively dim light. The masked man gestures, and with a few accompanying wisps of mist… energy… whatever… the dragon slowly starts to stir.

"You are strong. You fight valiantly against fate, guardian, but I am stronger here…" he rasps out. “You cannot flee me, Zollassi. You cannot fight me. You are in my power here. You will now tell me about these wards of yours. Cooperate, and I may let you live. Resist, and I will collect a lifetime’s worth of energy from your blood. You will beg for death long before I consume your soul.”

The scene might make for dramatic entertainment, but nothing cuts the tension in the air quite like the sound of three shots from a Naruni rifle into an unknown piece of machinery. The device shatters obligingly and falls onto the floor of the room in appropriately charred/fractured pieces, but there is no spectacular explosion. There is no brilliant flash of light. There is no 'earth-shattering kaboom.' It’s almost like shooting a row of unplugged toasters. ((OOC: -3 shots from the clip, Jez))

If Jez was disappointed in the lack of reaction from the device upon its destruction, however, she shouldn’t be in the reaction from the tall masked man. James barely has just enough time to duck back out of sight as he whirls around. “It looks like our conversation will have to wait, Zollassi…” he glances back over his shoulder at the trapped dragon. “How annoying.” He gestures with a soft chant in a language James can’t recognize, and a faintly glowing area identical to the one underneath the dragon appears in the entranceway to the chamber. James hears footsteps leading away and when he risks another glance he sees the tall man with his back to him facing two other entrances to the chamber.

“So, my meddling little cave roaches, you’ve made it this far. Congratulations.” His voice, while still raspy and gravelly, suddenly has a feeling of power behind it. “The Seven were a cut above my assistant’s regular choice in hired muscle, but it would seem they ultimately proved to be… disappointing.” He pauses. “So tell me, little roaches, why are you here? Lapdog mercenaries for the city, hired to fetch a vehicle for a pat on the head from your masters? Treasure seekers, drawn like so many other greedy fools over wild stories about piles of gold? Or are you here to rescue your precious pet dragon? No matter -- the batteries will have more souls, and I will unlock the secrets of the Chained One if I have to strip this mountain down to its bare bedrock to do it!”

Butcher’s Bill:
Jez: -3 shots from your rifle clip


Map Closeup 06-24-19.png


What are you doing?
User avatar
The Bos
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 pm
Location: Rifts: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 31
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 49
Prowl 90% / 1d100 = 28 (obvious purpose)

What the frak is this? A long-winded speech shouted into the tunnels? Is this guy for real? Am I hallucinating? No frakking brushhead would drop intel like that unless your corpse was already cooling at her feet!Jez rolls her eyes inside the confines of her helmet and consults the map image on her HUD. She keys her mic on a secure line to the group. "Girls, Temptress. James should be somewhere to the north of the target chamber. The bad guy has a captive of some sort. There is access to the chamber from the West, North, and South. I'll take the West access point. The rest of you improvise; get his frakking attention, but don't get killed doing it. Temptress, out."

She starts to stealthily move into position near the West access point, keying her mic once again as she does so. This time, she opens up a secure channel to James. "James, Temptress. Stay quiet until after the others have got this asshole's attention. Free his captive if it's a high value target or a potential ally. If you can't...ambush. Temptress, out." She activates her integrated force field as she moves into position along the southern wall of the western access point. Wish we'd had these in the fleet.

Initiative: 1d20+8 = 9 (will remain in position/taking aim until one of the fun bunch has drawn bad guy's attention)
Action 1-3: Aimed called shot to head of bad guy: 1d20+8 = 28; M.D.: 1d4*10 = 10 x2 (crit)
Action 4-6: Aimed called shot to head of bad guy: 1d20+8 = 13; M.D.: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 7-9: Aimed called shot to head of bad guy: 1d20+8 = 21; M.D.: 1d4*10 = 10
Action 10: Fire grenade from NE-95 at bad guy: 1d20+5 = 25; M.D.: 6d6 = 15 x2 to 12' AoE (crit!)

Auto-Dodges (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 19, 1d20+9 = 23
Parries (+15 included):
1d20+15 = 18, 1d20+15 = 24, 1d20+15 = 21, 1d20+15 = 27, 1d20+15 = 34, 1d20+15 = 21, 1d20+15 = 17, 1d20+15 = 35, 1d20+15 = 28, 1d20+15 = 30


(Strike bonus breakdown: +3 from aimed/called, +5 from W.P. while merged)


NE-95 "Double Threat" Assault Rifle: 20/13; NE-10G Grenades: 12/12
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 18 Perception 60%
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 79
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 6


Cordelia turns to Dr. Susan, "Well, lets cause a diversion. We should go this way" She points towards the tunnel next to Kat and Jez "And find a corner we can shoot at the bad guy from around." Cordelia is scared out of her wits. Oh yeah be an action hero and right a book about it, Great idea She attempts to drag Susan down the tunnel to a shooting position. Cordelia barely sticks her head out around the corner. She sticks her gun around the rock and begins to shoot in the direction of the bad guy. She shoots then cries and runs back away from the danger.



Action #1:shoots at bad guy 1d20 = 19 ; 3d6 = 6MD
Action #2: shoots at bad guy 1d20 = 3 ; 3d6 = 15MD
Action #3: shoots at bad guy 1d20 = 1 ; 3d6 = 12MD
Action #4: shoots at bad guy 1d20 = 14 ; 3d6 = 9MD
Action #5: cries and moves for cover.

Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 30 / 26%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 85

We have to rescue these people...

Susan realizes that to save this many people will take a long, long time. Time that won't happen without first removing the creatures who enslaved these poor bloodsacks in the first place. She follows Cordelia. "Yes, Cordy. We should go do the thing the Captain said."

Buzz buzz boing.

She considers going to the South entrance as instructed, but as soon as she begins to turn the corner with Cordelia, she shudders. I don't believe in an 'either/or' world. "Cordelia. It's crucial that you take a shot from here. Or throw your camera. Whatever it is you do."

Instead, she continues to move directly to the East wall of the room, drops her rifle to waist level, and plows a blast through the wall at where she glimpsed the Glowing Monster.

Actions 1/2: SPEND 1 EP to CRIT TEMPORAL RAIDER through wall. Laser Damage: 4d6 = 10

Zaaaap!

Action 3: Shoot Temporal Raider through hole in wall with ion blast - Strike: 1d20+4 = 7 Damage: 3d6 = 6
Action 4: Shoot Temporal Raider through hole in wall with ion blast - Strike: 1d20+4 = 11 Damage: 3d6 = 9
Action 5: Shoot Temporal Raider through hole in wall with ion blast - Strike: 1d20+4 = 8 Damage: 3d6 = 14

If the magic lady appears in this tunnel, shoot her instead after the first shot.
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby James Miller » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:00 am

Perception: 95% |1d100 = 80
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 83

Radio Basic 88%| 1d100 = 37
Surveillance 73%| 1d100 = 96

James takes in all of the information and as usual is a little surly about the whole thing, Why in sweet fuck does it have to be magic and dragons? What ever happened to the simple life? I miss the good old days where people just put all their important shit on a computer and I stole it. Now I have to deal with this masked lunatic and a god damn dragon? What did I do to deserve this shit?

Jezebel wrote:"James, Temptress. Stay quiet until after the others have got this asshole's attention. Free his captive if it's a high value target or a potential ally. If you can't...ambush. Temptress, out."

James activates his inner ear radio and replies to everyone as quietly as possible, "Be aware, the prisoner is a full grown dragon. The capture is a tall figure, male, powerfully built, dressed in royal blue robes and wearing a mask that looks more ‘grown’ than ‘carved'. He has not left the north east chamber where he has the dragon trapped in glowing sheets of some kind."
Changing to Jez alone James adds, "There is also one of those glowing sheets in front of my entrance. I can probably get in but not quietly and it's not a grantee I won't end up trapped like the dragon at my entrance. Unless you have a way of making this magic sheet disappear I am pretty useless back here. I will stay hidden and continue to relay data unless an opportunity arises.

James stays where he is but keeps an eye on the chamber and will immediately notify the group of any change in the room.
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby The Bos » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:58 pm

The Proverbial Weatherman wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 1:56 pm
    Temp: 49 degrees F
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature. Because this is still TOTALLY relevant down in the mine.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown
    Location: Dawson Springs/mine near Dawson Springs


James relays his observations to the rest of the group and positions himself where he can more easily observe without stepping onto the softly glowing sheet of energy that lines the floor of the north entrance to the large chamber. Jez takes up firing position at the southwest entrance to the chamber with Kat providing backup while Susan and Cordelia start to work their way around to the south entrance and take up their own firing positions there. Susan loses her cool midway around and is just about to shoot through a hole in the wall, but at the last second changes her mind and follows Cordelia the rest of the way to the other entrance. From their vantage points they’re able to visually confirm James’ reports for themselves.

Determined to get the loudmouth’s attention, Jez lights up her force field and shoulders her rifle. As she does so she notices the masked figure suddenly glance in her direction and grabs a pendant around his neck just as she squeezes off three well-placed rifle shots and one grenade at him. Meanwhile, Susan and Cordelia open fire as well. The target starts moving back towards one of the walls of the chamber and while he manages to avoid some shots all three of the ladies manage to land solid hits (Susan hitting the guy right between the mask’s eyes), but Cordelia’s next shot goes wide and the third actually hits the captive dragon – who lets out a surprised grunt despite its apparent stupor.

When the stranger reaches the wall, there are several holes in his robes (OOC: Jez and Cordelia can see flashes of brushed silvery metal underneath the robes) but he surprisingly doesn’t seem to be nearly as hurt as he should be considering the amount of fire that has been directed at him.

“So my little cave roaches have teeth,” the figure says in a tone of voice that might actually hint at a smile behind the mask. “This might be fun after all.” He mutters something unintelligible under his breath and walks headlong into the cavern wall. Funny thing is, he doesn't stop at the wall (with a 'thud' and an 'ouch' as most people would) and disappears into it.

What are you doing?

Butcher’s Bill
- All ammo used as posted.


Mine Chamber Closeup 07-04-19 copy.png
User avatar
The Bos
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 pm
Location: Rifts: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:12 am

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 68
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 85
Prowl 90% / 1d100 = 90 (to be unseen)
Trap/Mine Detection 80% / 1d100 = 93 (to spot any traps)
Detect Concealment 80% / 1d100 = 60 (to spot anything hidden)
Land Navigation 64% / 1d100 = 76 (to navigate in the cave)
Sensory Equipment 70%+25%=95% / 1d100 = 16 (to accurately read the sensor data on her HUD)

What the frak? He can go intangible like some spooks? Oh, this is just peachy. "Girls, target headed through a wall to the northwest. Circle around to ambush. He's tougher than he looks, so don't hold anything back. If anyone can release lizard lips, do so, otherwise focus on taking down our target."

Jez will run in a tactical crouch at half speed (prowl) around the corner and past Kat in pursuit. The moment she sees the target (or the evil broad), Jez will strike first with grenades, then plasma blasts as she closes into melee range.

Initiative (+8 added): 1d20+8 = 24
Non-Combat Action: Use her suit's sensors to track the shit-talker (see above skill roll)
Action 1: Fire grenade at target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 24, Damage: 6d6 = 21 to 12' AoE
Action 2: Fire grenade at target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 25, Damage: 6d6 = 21 to 12' AoE (CRIT!)
Action 3: Fire grenade at target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 10, Damage: 6d6 = 16 to 12' AoE
Action 4: Fire plasma blast at target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 7, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
Action 5: Fire plasma blast at target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 25, Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 (CRIT!)
Action 6: Fire plasma blast at target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 19, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
Action 7: Fire plasma blast at target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 12, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
Action 8: Fire plasma blast at target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 17, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
Action 9: Fire plasma blast at target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 24, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
Action 10: Fire plasma blast at target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 6, Damage: 1d4*10 = 20

Parries (+15 included):
1d20+15 = 19, 1d20+15 = 19, 1d20+15 = 20, 1d20+15 = 18, 1d20+15 = 18, 1d20+15 = 34, 1d20+15 = 20, 1d20+15 = 21, 1d20+15 = 17, 1d20+15 = 16

Auto-Dodges (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 11, 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 17




NE-95 "Double Threat" Assault Rifle: 20/9; NE-10G Grenades: 12/11
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:08 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 19 Perception 60%
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 12
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 18

OOOHHH MY GOD. I shot the dragon. Cordelia begins to panic even more than she was. She bolts after Jez toward the tall evil man and away from the dragon. Having the burnt smell of her own barbecued self still in her nostrils, she was compelled to get away from the icon of bad things she remembers from Disney princess movies. Maybe if we stop this dude the dragon wont eat us. She stops just shy of Jez takes cover and blasts away at the which ever bad thing Jezebel finds to shoot at.

Action #1: 1d20 = 18+2 to strike shooting the bad person 3d6 = 11
Action #2: 1d20 = 10+2 to strike shooting the bad person 3d6 = 11
Action #3: 1d20 = 12+2 to strike shooting the bad person 3d6 = 10
Action #4: 1d20 = 15+2 to strike shooting the bad person 3d6 = 6
Action #5: 1d20 = 17+2 to strike shooting the bad person 3d6 = 9

Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 1 / 32%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 65

Susan stares at the retreating figure. Oh good. It's resistant to energy. And addicted to mixed metaphors. Cockroaches with teeth?

Switching out her clip, Susan racks her brain for information on these parasite monstrosities, while crossing to where Jez was just standing to guard their rears and keep an eye on the dragon chamber in case their quarry comes back.

"Dragon, are you awake? We could use some help here. I can't stop magic, so you're going to have to get it together."

What are the parasites?
Lore: Xenology: 1d100 = 59 / 58%
Lore: D-Bees: 1d100 = 30 / 58%
Pathology: 1d100 = 99 / 73%
Lore: Psionics and Psychics: 1d100 = 23 / 58%


Initiative
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17

If the silver thing comes back, Susan alerts Jez through the radio. "Silver monster is back in dragon room." She then tries to tackle it into the dragon.

If the magic lady shows up, Susan shoots her. If that doesn't work as with the silver critter, she tries to grapple the magic lady, while also alerting the team to her location. "I'm engaged with magic bitch! Anyone want in on this?"

Use the strike rolls as appropriate. Bonus to strike hand-to-hand +5, Shooting +6.

Action 1 - Switch e-clip.
Action 2 - Strike: 1d20 = 2 ; Damage if Ion Blast 3d6 = 7
Action 3 - Strike: 1d20 = 13 ; Damage if Ion Blast 3d6 = 14
Action 4 - Strike: 1d20 = 2 ; Damage if Ion Blast 3d6 = 4
Action 5 - Strike: 1d20 = 4 ; Damage if Ion Blast 3d6 = 13
Action 6 - Strike: 1d20 = 6 ; Damage if Ion Blast 3d6 = 9

Parries: 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 11, 1d20+6 = 20, 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 13, 1d20+6 = 24, 1d20+6 = 11, 1d20+6 = 18

Saves: 1d20 = 3, 1d20 = 4, 1d20 = 2, 1d20 = 12, 1d20 = 5, 1d20 = 11

If nothing happens, she eventually walks over to the dragon and tries to give it some Boing-Go. "This'll get you back on your feet, buddy. Eat up!"
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby James Miller » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:52 pm

Perception: 95% | 1d100 = 100
JIC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 24

Disguise 73%| 1d100 = 33
Prowl 78%+5% 83%, (-20% for other to detect, -21% for infrared and thermal to detect) | 1d100 = 24
Detect Ambush 68% |1d100 = 92
Detect Concealment 53% | 1d100 = 2

Now he's walking though walls, fucking fantastic!! James starts moving back through the caverns in the direction he can best determine would get him to where he saw the man walk into the wall. Having little to no firepower at his command, the spy moves slow making sure he stays hidden. If he hears anyone coming ahead of him he will fall back into the wall and take on the look of one of the prisoners, then relay the information to the rest of the group. James will allow whomever he comes across to move past him but if it's the man or women that seem to be in charge he will attempt to attach a sticky bug to one or both.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 13

Action 1: Hide with disguise
Action 2: Sticky bug strike | 1d20+5 = 22
Action 3: Sticky bug strike | 1d20+5 = 20
Action 4-5: Reserve for dodge | 1d20+9 = 19, 1d20+9 = 25
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby The Bos » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:20 pm

The Proverbial Weatherman wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 1:57 pm
    Temp: 49 degrees F
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature. Because this is still TOTALLY relevant down in the mine.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown
    Location: Dawson Springs/mine near Dawson Springs


Jez sets off to intercept the robed figure on the other side of the cave wall in the tunnel that runs past the chamber, with Cordelia bounding along up behind her at a much-less-cautious full sprint and Kat bringing up the rear. The robed figure is nowhere to be seen, only unconscious prisoners with fleshy sacs attached that seem a bit more obvious now that the group knows what to look for.

James adopts a similar strategy along the northern tunnel; although he’s nowhere near as fast as Jez or Cordelia he manages to reach the point where his tunnel meets Jez’s/Cordelia’s/Kat’s. As his movements are relatively soundless he is able to pick up the sounds of footsteps -- running footsteps -- somewhere nearby, but with the way sounds are bouncing off the walls he’s totally unable to tell if they’re in front of him, behind him, or even above him for that matter.

Meanwhile, Susan moves over to the general where Jez and Kat had been in order to guard the group’s rear in case of a double-back. As she does so she looks over at the fleshy sacks and tries to wrap her head around them. They’re definitely not any kind of D-bee that’s been documented in North America and a preliminary glance-over doesn’t yield any clues as to how the tentacles could be safely removed from the prisoners without harming them (or killing them). Something does seem vaguely familiar, but she can’t put her finger on it. Turning her attention to the dragon, she tries calling out to it. The dragon responds with an unintelligible grunt or two; the reaction reminds Susan of patients starting to come out from being under anesthesia.

Suddenly there is a slight breeze in the chamber and into view zoom a woman riding on a flying carpet – one that flies silently over the glowing area on the floor in the northern entrance to the chamber. The woman is carrying a double-barreled shotgun and, in a word, is HAWT. So much so that she makes Jez look downright homely by comparison (OOC: just pointing out here that Jez never communicated to the group what the woman looked like). Riding behind her on the carpet is an all-too-familiar-looking dwarf (the air warlock) carrying a musket-like rifle and an and an unfamiliar-looking dwarf carrying an oddly-shaped weapon that looks like the combination of a rifle, a fish, and an insect.

“My lord, are you alright? We heard--”

The woman’s question is answered by Susan’s rifle before she can even finish. While her aim isn’t particularly spectacular she manages to land multiple shots, which seem to strike a nearly invisible barrier before actually hitting her.

The rest of the group hear shots from inside the chamber and Susan’s voice on the comms: "I'm engaged with magic bitch! Anyone want in on this?"

The woman reacts to Susan’s attack with all the disgust one might express if they had witnessed someone licking doughnuts in a store and then putting them back on the counter. “Intruders!” she yells. “Fan out! Get ready, there’s bound to be more of them!” As the dwarves jump off the carpet and start aiming at the entrances, the woman aims her shotgun at Susan. However, it’s not buckshot or slugs that fire out of the barrel when she squeezes the trigger, but rather magical fibers that ensnare the drugged-up doctor and hold her fast.

Butcher’s Bill:
• Jez: -3 shots from current e-clip; -1 grenade
• Cordelia: -4 shots from current e-clip
• Susan: -5 shots from current e-clip | ensnared in Magic Net and unable to attack/defend
• There are unconscious prisoners with fleshy sacs attached along the walls of the chamber and the immediately surrounding tunnels
• The dragon is still trapped and ‘out of it’ but is slowly/barely starting to stir


What are you doing?

Mine Chamber Closeup 07-13-19 copy.png
User avatar
The Bos
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 pm
Location: Rifts: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:24 am

Perception: 1d100 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 17
Perception: 60%

There's no one here, where did he go?
Cordelia is lost. She looks at Jezebel and shrugs. She starts searching the tunnel when she hears Susan calling for help on the radio. She looks at her bosses for help. She doesn't want to go back near the dragon. She wants to cry. She turns back toward the sound of gunfire and starts, cautiously now, back toward what she fears. I can do this
When she gets to Susan, Cordelia will hug close to the wall like he life depends on it and waves at Susan and motions for the Dr. to point out the bad guys.

Action #1: Shoots at Jason Momoa dwarf 1d20 = 1+2 =damage 3d6 = 13
Action #2: Shoots at Jason Momoa dwarf 1d20 = 14+2 =damage 3d6 = 8
Action #3: Shoots at Jason Momoa dwarf 1d20 = 16+2 =damage 3d6 = 13
Action #4: Shoots at Jason Momoa dwarf 1d20 = 11+2 =damage 3d6 = 13
Action #5: falls back to reload.

She then looks at the Dr. to see if it looks like she can free her without getting snared as well.



Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:25 am

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 89
Trap/Mine Detection 80% / 1d100 = 28 (to spot any traps)
Detect Concealment 80% / 1d100 = 75 (to spot anything hidden)
Sensory Equipment 70%+25%=95% / 1d100 = 95 (to accurately read the sensor data on her HUD)

Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance

Susan wrote:"I'm engaged with magic bitch! Anyone want in on this?"


Rounding the corner to find nothing, Jez starts to get irritated. "These mother frakkers are really getting on my nerves ducking out like a bunch of bitches!" James should be farther north. Cordelia & Kat behind me. Pincer movement. "Cord, Kat, head back & hit 'em from south, I'll team up with James & hit 'em from north. Don't hold back, folks. It's time to put these frakkers down like animals. Hold on, Susan, help's on the way!" Jez abandons any pretense at stealth. Their presence is known, so there's no further point in it. She flat out sprints (speed 61 total) to round the north corner and carry out her plan.

(Deduct actions as necessary to close to melee with a target. Primary goal is to close to melee & engage physically. Switch actions from range to melee combat if/when appropriate.)

Initiative (+8 added): 1d20+8 = 27
Non-Combat Action: Throw Susan her NE-RV01 Ripper Vibro-Knife if Susan is within range at any point. Strike (if needed): 1d20+9 = 10
Action 1: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" plasma blast at nearest target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 9, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 M.D.
Action 2: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" plasma blast at nearest target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 17, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 M.D.
Action 3: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" plasma blast at nearest target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 25, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 M.D. (CRIT)
Action 4: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" plasma blast at nearest target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 22, Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 5: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" plasma blast at nearest target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 7, Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 6: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" NE-10G grenade at nearest target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 9, Damage: 6d6 = 20 M.D. to 12' AoE
Action 7: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" NE-10G grenade at nearest target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 6, Damage: 6d6 = 19 M.D. to 12' AoE
Action 8: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" NE-10G grenade at nearest target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 24, Damage: 6d6 = 16 M.D. to 12' AoE (CRIT)
Action 9: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" NE-10G grenade at nearest target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 11, Damage: 6d6 = 21 M.D. to 12' AoE
Action 10: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" NE-10G grenade at nearest target. Strike: 1d20+5 = 15, Damage: 6d6 = 22 M.D. to 12' AoE

Contingency: Should Jez ever manage to get into close combat, she'll punch instead of shoot.
Non-Combat Action: Back-flip over combatant to enable melee strikes from behind. Back Flip 115% / 1d100 = 87
Action 1: Snap Kick strike: 1d20+9 = 23, Damage: 5d8 = 20 M.D.
Action 2: Axe Kick strike: 1d20+9 = 19, Damage: 5d8 = 10 M.D.
Action 3: Tripping Leg Hook strike: 1d20+9 = 23, Damage: No damage, cannot be parried, results in knockdown.
Action 4-5: Power Punch strike: 1d20+9 = 17, Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 6: Snap Kick strike: 1d20+9 = 10, Damage: 5d8 = 17 M.D.
Action 7: Punch strike: 1d20+9 = 18, Damage: 3d6 = 6 M.D.
Action 8: Axe Kick strike: 1d20+9 = 21, Damage: 5d8 = 21 M.D.
Action 9-10: Power Punch strike: 1d20+9 = 20, Damage: 1d6*10 = 30 M.D.

Parries (+15 included):
1d20+15 = 32, 1d20+15 = 29, 1d20+15 = 21, 1d20+15 = 18, 1d20+15 = 32, 1d20+15 = 35, 1d20+15 = 17, 1d20+15 = 26, 1d20+15 = 28, 1d20+15 = 19

Auto-Dodges (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 11, 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 25



NE-95 "Double Threat" Assault Rifle: 20/9; NE-10G Grenades: 12/11
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 10 / 32%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 62

"Cordelia, stop crying. I can hear you snuffling right in my ear - it's like being mentally assaulted by snails! Anyone else, I'm being held in an energy net fired by magic bitch and people are gloating. I do not like this!"

Susan drops the rifle and pulls out her laser knife, trying to saw through the net.

Stupid fucking magic, stupid glowing net. Need different equipment. This is dumb!

"Aaaaagh! Dragon, wake up! Eat these dwarves and this piece of prime genetic material!"


Initiative: 1d20+3 = 11

Contingency: If Susan somehow gets released, she tackles Magic Bitch and stabs her. A lot.
Action 1: Strike - 1d20+7 = 17 / Damage - 3d6 = 9
Action 2: Strike - 1d20+7 = 27 / Damage - 3d6 = 14
Action 3: Strike - 1d20+7 = 22 / Damage - 3d6 = 9
Action 4: Strike - 1d20+7 = 18 / Damage - 3d6 = 13
Action 5: Strike - 1d20+7 = 11 / Damage - 3d6 = 13
Action 6: Strike - 1d20+7 = 14 / Damage - 3d6 = 7

Replace an above action with a Dodge, if Magic Bitch tries the shotgun trick again.

Dodges: 1d20+10 = 17, 1d20+10 = 18, 1d20+10 = 16, 1d20+10 = 30

Saves: 1d20 = 4, 1d20 = 12, 1d20 = 14, 1d20 = 1

Other Contingency: If Susan is both released and the laser knife is having no visible effect, she switches to punching Magic Bitch with her 25 Robotic Strength.
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby James Miller » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:00 pm

Perception: 95% | 1d100 = 61
JIC: 1d20 = 81d100 = 66

Disguise 73%| 1d100 = 14
Prowl 78%+5% 83%, (-20% for other to detect, -21% for infrared and thermal to detect) | 1d100 = 93
Climb 63%| 1d100 = 34

It appears that everyone else has abandoned the stealth approach. I can't be a lot of help in a straight firefight so I may as well try and stay off their radar.
Jez wrote:"Cord, Kat, head back & hit 'em from south, I'll team up with James & hit 'em from north. Don't hold back, folks. It's time to put these frakkers down like animals. Hold on, Susan, help's on the way!"


James immediately reverses course while responding, "Roger that, I'm heading back to the north entrance. Remember there is a glowing mat at that entrance as well." The spy does his best to stay quiet and hidden but if it looks like he is going to connect with anyone coming towards him he will still move to the wall of the passage and try and pass as unconscious. Once the enemies pass he will pick up and follow them but will warn Jez of their approach.

If he meets no resistance and gets all the way back to the north entrance, he will take a look at the space covering the glowing mat and see if there is a spot he can make the climb. If locates a reasonable pass to climb over and the enemies in the cavern with the dragon appear distracted away from him, he will attempt to make the climb.

If there is no way to climb across or the enemies in the cavern will obviously spot him, James will wait for Jez, hidden as best as possible.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 18
Actions 1-5: Reserve for dodge, 1d20+9 = 26 1d20+9 = 26 1d20+9 = 22 1d20+9 = 10 1d20+9 = 29
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby The Bos » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:57 pm

Jez breaks into a dead sprint and rounds the corner past James at almost cartoon-like speed. She sees the glowing area on the floor of the northern entrance to the chamber that James warned about and is easily able to leap over it in a single bound. A few steps more puts her right in front of the hawt magic lady, and a quick backflip sends the super-soldier over her head and behind her. The hawt lady spins around and tries to parry Jez’s furious flying foot of “F-You-Up,” and while she almost succeeds Jez lands a rather solid blow that staggers her back a step and causes the energy field protecting her to shimmer and start to fracture a bit. Before she can press her advantage, however, from out of nowhere a blast of wind slams into her like a hammer. Several more blasts follow, and while Jez does her best to duck out of their way a few more still hit home (-21 MDC). She lashes out at her unseen foe, but while she strikes with power and precision that would normally be deadly in the extreme, it doesn’t feel like she’s actually hitting anything.

The white-bearded dwarf squeezes off a shot from his rifle at Jez, but she manages to jink out of the way at the last possible nanosecond so the shot only blasts a chunk out of the chamber wall and causes a few dull cries of pain as the prisoners underneath are peppered with rocks of various size. He tries again and again, but with no better luck.

The dark-bearded dwarf raises his bug-fish-rifle at Jez and squeezes the trigger. Jez attempts to once again auto-dodge out of the way but the shot is too accurate and a small globe shatters as it hits squarely on her breastplate, releasing a splatter of liquid that starts eating into her armor. He fires twice more, with one additional shot splattering more corrosive liquid on her (-40 MDC total) while the other landing on one of the large pillars in the chamber.

James, unwilling to abandon his stealthy approach, makes his way as quietly as possible back to the northern entrance. He’s not totally silent in his approach, but with Jez making such a commotion it doesn’t appear that anyone’s paying attention to anything or anyone in his general direction. With that little bit of luck he’s able to scale the wall of the entrance and drop to the floor on the other side of the glowing area. As his feet touch the ground he realizes that his luck may have just run out as he hears a loud tell-tale buzzing noise a split second before another dwarf suddenly pops into view. As if the realization that he’s been spotted isn’t bad enough, the realization that the buzzing noise James hears is coming from a wicked-looking chainsaw the dwarf is swinging at him just might be. Fortunately for James he’s able to pull his arm back before the chainsaw can sever it from the rest of his body.

Meanwhile, if the ghost of 19th-century author Mark Twain had been standing next to Cordelia he might have whispered one of his famous quotes in her ear. And from her actions it could be argued that perhaps he did exactly that as with great effort he faces her fears of the dragon and of the combat that’s going on in the chamber and makes her way with determination back to where her friend lies up against the cave wall. She waves over to Susan, but she’s unable to get her attention as the doctor is rather pre-occupied with extracting herself from a weird-looking net. She squeezes off a couple of shots towards the dark-haired dwarf, with one hitting him and the other.

Speaking of Susan, the doped-up doctor cries out once again to the dragon before pulling out her laser knife and starting to cut herself free of the magical net in which she’s trapped. It’s slow going, but at least she’s making steady progress. (OOC: another round of cutting should get Susan free provided nothing stops her)

Meanwhile, the hawt magic lady takes advantage of the distraction provided by Jez’s unseen assailant to roll away from the battle and cast a new armor spell upon herself. The flashes from Cordelia’s rifle attract her attention, which causes her to fire another blast from her shotgun which ensnares the scholar in a magical net identical to the one that currently holds her medical friend. The hawt magic lady then holsters her shotgun and pulls out a rather ornate (and very expensive-looking) pistol.

Butcher’s Bill:
- Cordelia: -2 shots, netted
- Susan: Netted, halfway through the net
- Jez: -61 MDC to force field
- James: Still can count to 10 on his fingers


Note: Cordelia, please make sure you include an initiative roll in combat posts going forward. I used your JIC roll for it this time.

What are you doing?

Mine Chamber Closeup 07-24-19 copy.png
User avatar
The Bos
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 pm
Location: Rifts: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:12 am

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 76
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 63
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance

"You nuggets act as though I've never fought a spook before," Jez shouts. At least these frakkers aren't mind-benders. Had my fill of those in the fleet. Gritting her teeth against the damage to her force field, Jez snaps, "Thermo-imager" to activate that HUD overlay feature of her suit's integrated optic system. (Assuming this is simple invisibility, she'll be able to see the invisible combatant. If not, she'll target the magic hawt lady.) "Your overconfidence will be your ruin!"

Contingency: If at any point the invisible adversary goes down, she'll switch targets to magic hawt lady, then to any other target as she falls. Jez will maintain close combat proximity so as to be able to parry weapons fire.
Initiative (+8 added): 1d20+8 = 28
Non-Combat Action: Activates thermo-imager to see her her invisible adversary
Action 1: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" plasma blast at invisible target. EP CRIT STRIKE, Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 M.D. x2
Action 2: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" plasma blast at invisible target. EP CRIT STRIKE, Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D. x2
Action 3: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" plasma blast at invisible target. EP CRIT STRIKE, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 M.D. x2
Action 4: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" plasma blast at invisible target. EP CRIT STRIKE, Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 M.D. x2
Action 5: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" plasma blast at invisible target. EP CRIT STRIKE, Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 M.D. x2
Action 6: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" plasma blast at invisible target. EP CRIT STRIKE, Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 M.D. x2
Action 7: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" plasma blast at invisible target. EP CRIT STRIKE, Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 M.D. x2
Action 8: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" plasma blast at invisible target. EP CRIT STRIKE, Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 M.D. x2
Action 9: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" plasma blast at invisible target. EP CRIT STRIKE, Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 M.D. x2
Action 10: Shoot NE-95 "Double Threat" grenade at invisible target. EP CRIT STRIKE, Damage: 6d6 = 21 M.D. to 12' AoE x2

Parries (+15 included):
1d20+15 = 22, 1d20+15 = 35, 1d20+15 = 26, 1d20+15 = 32, 1d20+15 = 35, 1d20+15 = 32, 1d20+15 = 24, 1d20+15 = 27, 1d20+15 = 34, 1d20+15 = 22

Auto-Dodges (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 19, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 17,




NE-95 "Double Threat" Assault Rifle: 20/9; NE-10G Grenades: 12/11
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:33 am

Perception: 1d100 = 29
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 63

CONDITIONS: Susan is PISSED. And has thermal vision on overlay.

Susan continues cutting her way out of the net. When Cordelia gets netted, she almost laughs, but manages not to. As she cuts, she says loudly to Magic Bitch and the dwarves. "You know, it's not too late for you to surrender. If you start running now, you probably won't get eaten when the dragon gets free. I would hate to see quality genetic material removed from the world."

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 8 / 30%


Initiative: 1d20+3 = 7
Saves (+0 vs. Magic, +5 vs. Psionics): 1d20 = 8, 1d20 = 14, 1d20 = 7, 1d20 = 20, 1d20 = 13, 1d20 = 18

CONTINGENCY: If Susan somehow gets free, same thing as last round - she tackles Magic Bitch and stabs her all the times.
Action 1: Strike - 1d20+7 = 14 ; Damage 3d6 = 9
Action 2: Strike - 1d20+7 = 9 ; Damage 3d6 = 14
Action 3: Strike - 1d20+7 = 20 ; Damage 3d6 = 9
Action 4: Strike - 1d20+7 = 25 ; Damage 3d6 = 14
Action 5: Strike - 1d20+7 = 25 ; Damage 3d6 = 11
Action 6: Strike - 1d20+7 = 9 ; Damage 3d6 = 8

Some Parries if Susan Gets Free: 1d20+12 = 31, 1d20+12 = 15, 1d20+12 = 22, 1d20+12 = 27, 1d20+12 = 19, 1d20+12 = 31
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 27
Initiative 1d20 = 5 +2
Perception: 60%

Cordelia sees the magic net come at her in slow motion. She believes this is the end. The shot coming at her is going to send her to kingdom come. She sees the world get dark as tunnel vision zeros her sight to nothing.
Then the net hits her. The world slowly returns. Not pain. She just cant move. She looks at herself and sees the net. She looks at Susan and sees her cutting herself out of the net.
Well... this is great. Loud audible sigh.
She starts fumbling for her knife.

If she manages to find her knife. If she didnt loose it or it hasnt been melted by dragon fire. And if she can cut herself out. Cordelia will be annoyed to the point of temporarily forgetting that she is terribly afraid of being hurt and and will let loose a volley of gunfire at the hawt girl for ensnaring her.

Action #1: Shoots at hawt girl 1d20 = 18 +2= 3d6 = 9 damage
Action #2: Shoots at hawt girl 1d20 = 12 +2= 3d6 = 8 damage
Action #3: Shoots at hawt girl 1d20 = 17 +2= 3d6 = 13 damage
Action #4: Shoots at hawt girl 1d20 = 10 +2= 3d6 = 8 damage
Action #5: Shoots at hawt girl 1d20 = 18 +2= 3d6 = 6 damage

If she cant get loose shes going to struggle until its hopeless, then give up and snivel.


Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby James Miller » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:33 am

Perception: 95% | 1d100 = 47
JIC: 1d20 = 171d100 = 33

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 80%| 1d100 = 26

First magic and dragons now this mother fucker with a goddamn chainsaw. Get the fuck out of here with this is bullshit. Good thing I have this little pistol to help me out. James let the negative thoughts pour out of him but he doesn't waste time developing a plan as well, I don't know how many times I'll have to shoot this fucker with my gun to neutralize him, maybe there is an easier way.

James waits for an opening and dodges closer to the dwarf hoping to be too close for him to swing the large saw. As he dodges in he will pull a magnetic tracer bug from his pouch and attempt to stick it to the dwarf's armor or if unable to get the bug on his body, he will stick it to the saw itself. He will be deliberate in his motion and put the bug in a place the dwarf can see it. James will then dodge back out of range pulling the remote for his bandit ear out and displaying it to the dwarf and yelling, "That's a small personnel explosive I just tapped you with. If you try remove it or I set it off, you're going to be missing some body parts. James makes sure he has the dwarf's attention (he uses the some basic hand motions for explosion in case they don't speak the same language) then adds, "Look, I don't give a fuck about your cause here but if you want to stay in one piece, I would just fuck right off and leave me alone. No one will know you bailed and if you can get a mile away the bomb deactivates and you're free to go." James waggles the remote at him and adds, "Your choice buddy." (Invoke Trust/Intimidate)

Please be dumb, please be dumb!!


If James is unable to get close enough or plant the tracer he will draw his pistol but stay defensive and away from the massive chain saw.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 14

Action 1: Dodge in close to the dwarf: 1d20+8 = 16
Action 2: Strike for the tracer bug: 1d20+5 = 20
Action 3: Dodge away from the dwarf: 1d20+8 = 15
Action 4: Reserve for more dodges 1d20+8 = 22
Action 5: Reserve for more dodges 1d20+8 = 12

Parry rolls: 1d20+8 = 16, 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 9
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby The Bos » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:45 pm

Jez activates her thermal imager, but whatever had previously assaulted her doesn’t seem to show up on her scope. Even worse, it doesn’t seem to be giving up either as it continues hammering away at her. She ducks and weaves as best she can – which is saying something – but the invisible force manages to land enough blows to overload her force field, which crackles and flashes before going inert.

As she realizes she cannot successfully target whatever it is she vents her frustration on the only one in the room more hawt than her. Hawt lady tries to duck out of the way and return fire with her pistol, but while Jez may not be more physically beautiful she is decidedly far more physically athletic and dances out of the way. Jez’s first shot hits home and fractures her armor spell, to which she hurriedly casts another only to have it blown away by Jez’s next couple of shots. Try as she might, Jez’s barrage of plasma blasts are too much to overcome as they blow through a third armor spell… then turn her armor into slag… and finally turn her body into a puddle of steaming goo.

There’s a moment of silence as her death scream devolves into a gurgling sound where everyone looks at one another. James takes advantage of the distraction to plant a ‘bomb’ on the chainsaw-wielding dwarf. While his follow-up bluff does cause the dwarf to hesitate for what seems to be several seconds before giving him a chuckle. “A real merc would’ve skipped the chin-waggin’ and gone straight to the head-blowin’, pal -- which means you’re either the shittiest merc or the best bullshitter around.” He revs up his chainsaw. “Either way, ya got some major stones. I like that. I’ll cut ‘em off, but I like it.”

Jez is not done, however, as she still has more frustration to vent. She turns her rifle barrel to the dark-bearded dwarf with the fish-like rifle (who in the process has managed to land one more shot on her, with the same splatter of liquid landing on her trench coat and start eating away at its outer surface; -15 MDC) and lets loose one final plasma blast that impacts his armor spell, followed up by a grenade that manages to overload the spell. Unfortunately for Jez, however, the dwarf is standing close enough to one of the fleshy sacs for it to be caught up in her grenade’s blast radius. The force of the blast is enough to cause it to rupture and go up in an explosion of its own, causing the dwarf’s armor to be singed rather heavily and causing the poor prisoners attached to its tentacles to cry out in agony as their lives are snuffed out by the blast.

The sound of the blast, along with the death screams of the prisoners, causes one more moment of stunned silence… one that Susan takes advantage of with her impromptu ‘good cop, bad cop’ angle. This prompts a rather hurried conversation among the three dwarves:

“Listen to the nerdy human bitch, all mouthy under her net.”

“She’s got a point though. You want to be here when that dragon wakes up? Grape-head here’s enough of a pain in the arse by herself.”

“Are you kidding? Miiraak’ll skin us alive if we bottle!”

“FUCK MIIRAAK!!! He’s bailed on us and took the pacifier with him!”

“For the love of Sigmar! Let’s quit bitching and squeeze this grape already…”


The debate is cut short by a sound. A loud sound. A sound so loud that it bounces off all the walls of the cavern again and again until the point where those in the chamber feel like it’s going to re-arrange their internal organs. It is the sound of a dragon that’s just woke up and doesn’t much care for its situation.

“MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The three dwarves are in instant unison. “Bottle. Oh hells yeah. Good plan.” The white-bearded dwarf says something unintelligible, which apparently is directed at Jez’s invisible playmate as the three are jerked off their feet into the air and are spirited away down the tunnel to the north (where James originally saw the now-ex-hawt magic lady go down into).

Susan and Cordelia see the chainsaw-wielding dwarf look back towards the chamber as they fly out. James has a better view (mainly because he’s not covered in a net) and sees the dwarf smirk as he holds up a remote and presses the button. There is a flash coming from the ceiling of the tunnel and a loud rumbling sound accompanied by a cloud of dust/smoke. When the dust settles there is a rock fall blocking off the tunnel.

The dragon squirms a bit against the magical flypaper that holds it captive before letting out a slow growl and rolling its eyes. It grunts one last time and disappears into thin air, re-appearing a split second later in another part of the cavern and free of the carpets that had it pinned down to the ground. It mutters something most in the group find just as unintelligible, but to Cordelia’s scholarly ears it’s plain as day in old-school Dragonese: “This is no good. A dragon isn’t built for speed though tunnels and caves.” The dragon transforms into what appears to be a 7’ tall human female dressed in red to match the scales it previously wore in dragon form. She looks herself over and with a satisfied grunt she heads towards the northern cavern entrance and picks up the rug that the hawt magic lady and dwarves flew in on. Without even turning to the group she clears her throat. “You humans are a dangerous, savage child-race. But you do make for a good distraction at times, and for that… you have my thanks. I imagine Miiraak had some rather unpleasant activities planned – well, at least unpleasant from my point of view. He on the other hand I’m certain would have enjoyed them quite a bit.” She drapes the rug across the strip of magical energy; it’s not quite a perfect fit but it comes close enough to allow her to walk across the strip without being stuck.

Meanwhile, Susan’s attempts to cut herself free from the net that holds her finally succeed as the laser knife slices through the last of the energy tendrils keeping the net intact. She scrambles to her feet and looks over to see Cordelia trying the exact same thing with one tiny-yet-ever-so-crucial difference: her lock-blade knife is nowhere near as good at cutting through the magical fibers as Susan’s laser knife and as a result she’s actually doing more damage to the knife blade itself than she is to the net.

The dragon/lady approaches the tunnel blockage and starts moving the rocks aside. Without even looking back or breaking stride she shouts, “if you’re in a mood to be useful as something other than a distraction, I could stand some assistance here. The sooner we’re through this rubble the sooner we can get back to our respective issues at hand.”

Butcher’s Bill:
- Cordelia: -2 shots, netted
- Susan: Netted, cuts through at the end of the round
- Jez: Force field overloaded/shut down; -15 MDC to trench coat; -9 plasma blasts and -1 grenade from ammo
- James: -1 magnetic tracking bug
- 1 fleshy sac and 3 prisoners are dead; there are a good number more of each lying around the edges of the cavern
- 2 carpets of adhesion are still on the ground where the dragon was lying
- The carpet of adhesion at the north entrance has a rug draped on top, allowing people to walk over it without getting stuck


What are you doing?
User avatar
The Bos
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 pm
Location: Rifts: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:36 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 91
JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 64
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance

GM wrote:The dragon/lady approaches the tunnel blockage and starts moving the rocks aside. Without even looking back or breaking stride she shouts, “if you’re in a mood to be useful as something other than a distraction, I could stand some assistance here. The sooner we’re through this rubble the sooner we can get back to our respective issues at hand.”


"One moment!" Jez snaps at the dragon lady. Her blood is up, and she's in no mood to dance around the feelings of shape-changing lizards. What the frak kind of world is this that has such creatures? If I'm ever to return to the fleet, I must learn more about this world and how it came to be this way. Perhaps that will enable me to find my way home. She rushes over and cuts Cordelia free. Seeing that Susan's already free, she gives Susan an approving nod. She keys her mic and addresses the GIRLS, "I'm gonna help dragon lady. You do what you can for everyone else."

She rushes back to dragon lady's side and starts yanking free huge rocks. She then realizes just how much stronger she is than...she can ever recall. She stops momentarily and looks at herself in her armor. "What has happened to me? I've never been this strong before. I shouldn't be able to handle such weights. A couple hundred pounds, with great effort, sure, but this..." (Superhuman/Robotic P.S.: 47) If the dragon lady has any input regarding her new condition, Jez will listen attentively. In either case, before long she will return to helping the dragon lady excavate away the blockage. As they work, she asks the dragon lady "So you have any idea what the hell is wrong with those people back there? The ones with the weird sacs on them?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 90 / 33%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 60

Susan is grateful that Jez has freed Cordelia since it removes the ethical quandary as to whether it's better to leave Cordelia trapped in a net or free to... do... Cordelia... things? Pictures?

"Hey, Cordelia, do you mind keeping an eye out in case the glowing... thing... comes back? I'm going to check on the victims. See if we can help."

Susan picks up the net gun dropped by Magic Bitch and then moves to the nearest victim of the flesh-sacks, and tries to determine how she can best help them.

Medical Doctor: 1d100 = 3 / 83%
Xenology: 1d100 = 51 / 58%
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72
JIC: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d100 = 100
Perception: 60%


Cordelia struggles to get herself free of the net. She wiggles and squirms until she can get her pocket knife out. She then tries in vain to cut the net, but the blade is not good enough and she starts to dull the blade. She stops momentarily to watch the happenings around her. The crazy net gun lady turns to goo and the dragon gets free and turns to a woman. Cordelia tries to not panic. She is just relieved that Jez cut her free.
"Thank you boss, I would not have been able to get myself out of that." She almost hugs Jez out of relief, but decides against it. She quickly decides to follow her new orders and turns her attention to the prisoners attached to the wall.

She turns to Susan. "Okay Doc. Any idea how to help?"
She replies
"Hey, Cordelia, do you mind keeping an eye out in case the glowing... thing... comes back? I'm going to check on the victims. See if we can help."

"I will cover you if you can help these people" She pulls her pistol out and reloads it for good measure. She examines the prisoners attached to the wall and then scans around the cave for anything harmful or helpful.



Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby James Miller » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:47 am

Perception: 95%| 1d100 = 47
JIC: 1d20 = 11d100 = 89

Invoke Trust: 80% | 1d100 = 84

James is a little dumbfounded and speechless at the events as they take place but nothing prepares him for the dragon's transformation. He smiles inwardly and thinks, Well, that would be one hell of a friend to have. I wonder how approachable this thing is. The spy will immediately move to help as Jez does but his squishy self can't offer much. If the opportunity arises, James will try and make conversation with the dragon. Not flirting but more of a camaraderie type conversation meant to endear himself to the dragon. This was always my bag with humans, reel em in and get them to trust you and then you have yourself a solid C.I. I assume this shit will be harder with a fucking dragon but why not give it a shot?

If the ruble is cleared James will do whatever Jez directs.
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Legion » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:17 pm

Start of Post Date & Time: Wednesday, February 5th, 3:19 PM
Start of Post Weather: 36 degrees F, you are all underground, so dry and not sunny.
Location: Mine in the vicinity of Dawson Springs

End of Post Date & Time: Thursday, February 6th, 11:02 AM
End of Post Weather: 46 degrees F, light snow flurries and partially sunny.
Location: MercTown Airfield, G.I.R.L.S. HQ

Stuck In a Hole

Jez's jacket still has a splat of goo on it from the dwarves weird looking gun and it has eaten away some more of the synth-leather (-14 MDC). Soon after it dissipates though, leaving an ugly grease-like stain. Hopefully it'll wash out.

The radar-like device was heavily damaged in the collapse, strangely enough with it's apparent destruction the towns folk seem to be coming out of their zombie like state.

The mining machine is mostly intact, although a large rock landed on the machine's drive motor. The motor shows pretty serious damage now.

As they recover from their stupor, the towns folk begin mingling and it starts to become fairly loud as people shout names around as they begin looking for family and friends. This is punctuated by startled cries and clipped screams of horror at the sight of those folks who have these tentacle things attached to them. It takes some doing, but eventually Susan figures out how best to remove the things and eventually the tentacles all of the survivors have had them removed. In the end, Susan has 42 patients on her hands who are in bad shape. Not dying, just non-ambulatory, so they will need to be carried out. Over the course of two hours, the people manage to get a head count among their own and after much crying and sadness they discover the bodies of 30 of their own.

While the above is going on, Jez and the dragon continue to work on making a suitable exit from the mine. In response to James, Zollassi the dragon smiles in a way that shows she is trying to be understanding and says, "Thank you for the attention and flattery. You are not unattractive and you are at least a little interesting, but right now I have a great deal on my mind.", and with that she continues with her earth moving. Just as the town's people are settling down Jez sees light on the other side of the cave in and soon enough she and Zollassi have a big enough space cleared to allow them to start moving people out of the cave. It takes a bit more work, but they are also able to get the mining machine out as well, though this requires pushing it since they discover the drive motor is indeed broken.

As the pair have been digging their way out, they come across a number of weapons left behind by the dwarves (1 Nuhr Bastard Sword, 2 Nuhr Morning Stars, and 2 Nuhr Musket Pistols). Just as they are finishing up, Jez hears the dragon mutter something about The Chained One but the dragon declines to explain when asked for details.

Once her lair is cleared of guests, Zollassi appears to be in a much better mood. So much so, that she approaches the group saying, "Thank you for your usefulness. It is nice to see that some lesser races still make an effort to curry favor with dragons. Here is a token of my appreciation.", and so she pulls a simple but elegant silver ring set with a round cut ruby and hands it to James. "Should you ever need my assistance, just whisper the name Zollassi the Crimson to it while picturing me as a dragon and I will hear you. I warn you though, it had better be a real emergency and I will only answer this call once!". And with that, the dragon heads back into her mine/cave.

GM Note: To translate, you now have an adult dragon on "speed dial" as BoS put it, but only good for one call...after that it is just a pretty ring.

By the time G.I.R.L.S. and the dragon have dug their way out and have everyone outside and rounded up at the groups vehicles, it is just after 5 PM. The first thing Jez notices is that there two splat marks on her Titan robot and these marks are identical to the one on her jacket (-46 MDC from the Main Body). Others will notice several more of these gooey marks in the area, on trees and on the ground. Becky River comes bounding out of the Salamander to greet the group and tells Jez about a vehicle (one that matches the description of a Zone Ranger Truck) that "Came flying by reeeeeaally fast and this dwarf guy in the back shot something that left those sticky things on your 'bot!".

The young girls excitement is short lived however, as one of the townsfolk steps forward and it is only then the group discovers that Becky's parents are among the dead. The child buries her face in the woman's chest and openly cries. The woman picks the little girl up and carries her over to one of the SUVs to take care of her.

Kat suddenly recalls that Captain Cullen has a medivac unit on standby and in short order she hails him on the Salamander's radio. It takes another an hour, but his team arrives in an NG Skybunker and three GAW Blackhawk helicopters. Susan organizes her patients and soon has them all loaded onto the aircraft, mostly by ordering the medivac staff around.

Among the remaining survivors, there are just enough healthy individuals to pilot the large mess of vehicles (which are a half dozen 5 ton military trucks plus more then 2 dozen off road 4x4 trucks and SUVs) back to Cadiz, although the top convoy speed with so many is only about 30 to 35 mph.

It takes the group about an hour to get everyone loaded up and then another two hours before the group arrives at Cadiz around 8 PM. Lisa Skinner, the town inn keeper, insists that the G.I.R.L.S. stay the night. She gives each of them a room, as well as a good hot meal and all the local ale they can drink.

The next morning the group finds the mining machine hitched to a GAW Hummer (Flex Fuel engine, see jump bikes, +20% to standard range, with a full tank of gas), the later is a gift to the group. The only downside is the paint job...it's metallic lime green. Being the only one who knows how to pilot it, James ends up driving the garish military vehicle. The mining machine has been "fixed" and put into permanent neutral gear.

Half an hour later and the group arrives at Dawson Springs. Captain Cullen is ready with their pay of 350,000 credits. He congratulates them on a job well done and thanks the group for saving the folks of Cadiz. Sullivan Jones decides to tag along with G.I.R.L.S. as they prepare to head back to MercTown using his own vehicle

Home, Home on the Range, Where the Bullets are Flying All Day!

Travel time from Dawson Springs to MercTown is not overly long. The group arrives back home around 11 AM. Now all that is left is to collect your pay from Fixer Jones.

Post to G.I.R.L.S. Hangar & HQ (1a)
Image
User avatar
Legion
Game Master
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:11 am
Location: Round Rock, Texas

Previous

Return to G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest