First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:52 pm

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 85
JIC d20: 1d20 = 5
JIC d100: 1d100 = 76

Prowl 78-10(armor)=68%: 1d100 = 25
Sensory Equipment 53%: 1d100 = 74

Kat slings her family heirloom over her shoulder and takes point in front of the brain trust with the Naruni Lever Action in hand. "Stick behind me. You don't want to be in my field of fire." Kat makes her way down the tunnel as stealthily as possible toward Jez's position.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Townsend » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:57 pm

Townsend wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 1:50 pm
    Temp: 48 degrees F
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown

Jez quietly stalks down the western tunnel, making less noise than a prowling house cat. The tunnel has a few prisoners, most of them huddled around connecting tunnels, but there are a few who are propped up against the walls. At first glance they seem to be dead, but on closer examination you can see them breathing, slightly, and in pain. Continuing down the tunnel, she notices each tunnel that connects to the one she’s in is filled with people, most of whom are propped up against the walls. In one chamber, she notices what looks like a bejeweled radar set with some scorch marks on the dish. Turning the corner at the northern end of the tunnel, Jez sees at the western corner two figures walking out of a recent addition, one is a woman far more stunning than even Jez, practically divine in looks, while the other person is very tall and hunched over due to the ceiling of the mines, but looks like they would stand about 8 feet tall fully erect and wearing royal blue robes and a mask on his face. ”I’ve just finished overseeing the mechanic who was among the slaves finish installing fresh treads on the machine, so we can proceed without delay, master.” the woman says to the taller figure, who responds in a raspy and gravelly voice ”It had better, otherwise it will be your life force that will power the machine next! These delays have already cost us precious time and now we have meddlers snooping about. Now I will go speak with our dragon friend to see if I can coax any information out of it.”. The tall robed figure stalks off to the south, out of Jez’s line of view. James sees much of the same that Jez saw with the prisoners as he makes his way through the south tunnel as it gradually turns north. He almost makes it to the northeast corner when he hears the conversation above. By the sounds of the movement, it sounded like the robed figure moved into a chamber that is on the opposite side of the wall to James left.

Cordelia worries about the prisoners welfare when she notices an odd smell. Upon mentioning this to Susan, Susan points out that Cordelia’s armor should be environmentally sealed, causing Cordelia that she had removed her helmet at one point. Checking her suit’s computer, she notices that the air filtration system has a system warning with an error code 110. They hear Jez give them orders over the radio to advance if they are not actively keeping the prisoners alive to advance through the mine. Susan replies over the radio with their situation as Kat takes point, leading the remaining members of the team forward.

Map Closeup 06-05-19.png

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
Analoy (Armor of Ithan): -(25/2) MDC = -13 MDC
Cordelia: -25 MDC[/color]
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

"...and now they work for me."
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Cordelia » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:04 am

Perception: 1d100 = 71
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 29
Perception: 60%

code 110 must have fried something important. That'll teach me to run next time I see a dragon
Cordelia is not panicking so much as just showing anxiety over her situation. She gets in line behind Susan and Kat and draws her weapon and tries to stay quiet.
As they pass the people they meet in the tunnel she scurries up and waves at Kat. She whispers"Should we tell these people to head for the surface."

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
Cordelia

Postby The Bos » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:58 pm

GM Post addition (note to self, don't count this as a GM post at the end of the quad) to show what -- or rather who -- Jez sees.

Baddies.jpg
The Bos
Assistant Game Master

Postby Kat Porter » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:20 pm

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 50
JIC d20: 1d20 = 9
JIC d100: 1d100 = 100

Prowl 78-10(armor)=68%: 1d100 = 53
Sensory Equipment 53%: 1d100 = 89
Lore: Magic (General Knowledge) 63%: 1d100 = 79 (Theorizing if these people are being used as magic batteries)

Kat follows Jez's path to the left as quietly as possible. If she spots Jez before Jez spots her, Kat squaks the radio mike twice to alert her touchy co-leader to her arrival.

Kat ponders Cordilia's question when she raises it. Messing with them didn't turn out to well this time. I don't like how they're chained together like cells in a battery either. Can't spellcasters and demons use living things for power? "If you see our payday, get him to the surface. Otherwise, leave them be. They might be powering a ritual, and I'm pretty sure we'd alert someone if we interrupted it. Hecate, I could sure use some wisdom about now."
Kat Porter
Conditions

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Jezebel » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:04 am

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 81
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 84

Prowl ☞ 85% / 1d100 = 13 (obvious intent)
Detect Ambush ☞ 80% / 1d100 = 29 (to keep an eye out for traps, things camouflaged, etc.)
Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 93 (to keep an eye out for traps, things camouflaged, etc.)
Detect Concealment ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 65 (to keep an eye out for traps, things camouflaged, etc.)
Sensory Equipment ☞ 65%+25% (merged) 90% / 1d100 = 31 (using her suit's sophisticated sensors)

Jez backs out of line of sight of the pair of sinister figures, then edges back around a blind corner so as to be able to get the jump on one if they round the corner. What the frak is it about fancy bitches like that which always makes me want to shoot them between the eyes? Merged to her suit, Jez wills open a secure comm line to James "I'm waiting for back-up, James. Keep an eye on at least one of them. If you can magically keep tabs on both, do it, but top priority is to remain out of sight." She then switches to the group's secure frequency, "I'm holding position while you catch up. Make it fast, we need back-up. We can extricate the hostages after we eliminate the threats." She then eyes the scorched & jeweled radar and opens up a secure line to Kat. "Kat, there's a machine here that looks like a radar array but it's got precious gems on it and some scorch marks. I don't know what the frak I'm looking at, but maybe you can judge what this thing is." Lords know I don't know what the hell to make of much of your world's weird-ass technology, but you're a street-smart indig, so maybe you'll prove useful.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Kat Porter » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:11 am

(Rolls Held)

Sensory Equipment 53%: 1d100 = 13
Lore : Magic (Recog. Enchantment) 46%: 1d100 = 29
Gemology 63%: 1d100 = 74

Kat responds to Jez's inquiry, wracking her brain about what she knows about radar and magic and gems. Not sure but that might be the mind control device. Radar emits a long range signal that bounces back. Yeah. That sounds like the sorta thing Pete would use for this kinda device. "Not sure without seeing which gems are in it, but I'm gonna bet it's that mind control device. What colors are the gems?"
Kat Porter
Conditions

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby Jezebel » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:46 pm

(rolls carried over)

Kat Porter wrote:"Not sure without seeing which gems are in it, but I'm gonna bet it's that mind control device. What colors are the gems?"

Jez's eyes narrow behind her visor. Technological frakking mind-benders! Jez replies back to Kat on their secure channel. "Can't tell from here, but they'll be black in about fifteen seconds. I'm gonna blast this thing to plasma ash. Get folks here in a hurry."

Jez switches channels to speak to James. "I'm gonna blast that device. It's what's causing the mind control. If you have explosives, use 'em, otherwise I'm just gonna slag it with my rifle. Hope you're ready for some action, this'll likely bring a whole lotta heat down on this location." She brings the Naruni rifle merged to her right hand up to her shoulder and takes aim while keeping her senses alert to her surroundings & sensor readings. Three blasts should more than suffice, right?
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Jezebel
Group Leader

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:19 am

Perception: 1d100 = 82 / 26%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 64

Susan moves as stealthily as possible, rifle at the ready and keeping an eye out for any danger or prisoners.

Where is everyone? We've been down here forever and nothing has happened. Being a mercenary has been incredibly boring. Except for the dragon. Which I'm still not sure wasn't an illusion.

As they pass the chained up people, she examines them to try to determine their general health and what's going on with them.

Medical Doctor: 1d100 = 55 / 73%

Should we release them? It might draw out our targets, considering they seem to be hiding from us more than presenting an actual danger.
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kat Porter » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:49 pm

(Roll Held)

When Susan asks the question about the people in the side tunnels after Cordelia, Kat wonders if Susan was snooping on her and Jez's private frequency. Behind her mirror visor, Kat's face contorts into a puzzled expression. "Not until Jez starts shooting. But then, yes get them outta here. I'm gonna move up to support her." The City Rat responds in a whispered tone and then continues up the left hand path until she spots Jez.
Kat Porter
Conditions

Kat Porter
Group Leader

Postby James Miller » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:07 pm

Perception: 95% |1d100 = 92
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 86

Disguise 73%| 1d100 = 62
Radio Basic 88%| 1d100 = 15
Prowl 78%+5% 83%, (-20% for other to detect, -21% for infrared and thermal to detect) | 1d100 = 53
Detect Ambush 68% |1d100 = 74
Detect Concealment 53% | 1d100 = 50
Pick Locks 89%| 1d100 = 93

The instant the spy hears voices his training automatically starts listening for tone and inflection as well as accent. He does all he can to keep the sound of the voices in the front of his mind in case he may need them. Fuck me, there is no way to know if I can stay hidden if I try to follow this guy into the room. I think I have to try and get him or someone else in the room to come back out. Just as he is formulating a strategy he hears Jez give instructions,
Jezebel wrote:"I'm waiting for back-up, James. Keep an eye on at least one of them. If you can magically keep tabs on both, do it, but top priority is to remain out of sight."

James quickly replies in a barely audible voice, "I'm on the big guy."

James moves around quietly, (Prowl, Detect Concealment/Ambush) to the entrance the big guy went through but doesn't have a chance to do anything before further instructions break over the radio in his ear.
Jezebel wrote: "I'm gonna blast that device. It's what's causing the mind control. If you have explosives, use 'em, otherwise I'm just gonna slag it with my rifle. Hope you're ready for some action, this'll likely bring a whole lotta heat down on this location."

James doesn't reply as he knows enough about Jez to know that once she decides to blow something up, he doesn't have a lot of time to fuck around. Moving as quickly as he can to not give away his position, the spy moves back down the tunnel and finds one of the unconscious prisoners. He quickly removes their outer clothing and moves the prisoner in a way to hide the fact that he or she is missing clothing. He puts the stolen clothing on over top of his armor in an attempt to make himself look like one of the injured people. He takes one last look at the injured person's body language so he can mimic their look of pained unconsciousness. A small part of his mind tells him he should feel bad for these people that have been through a terrible ordeal but its not a very convincing part of his mind, Fuck that shit! Everybody has been through some shit and right now this fucker's jacket and pants might keep me alive and give me a chance to get the drop on someone. If he didn't want me to take his shit he should have gotten caught in the first place. James puts himself back against the wall in a spot with a view of the entrance the tall man went through and begins to copy the look and movements of the unconscious prisoners, (Disguise).

Once Jez starts shooting and blowing things up:

Contingency one:
If the man comes back out the entrance James will let him pass and follow at a distance immediately radioing Jez informing her of his movements. If he is absolutely certain he can do it covertly, James will toss a sticky tracer bug on the man as he passes, (roll to strike: 1d20+5 = 25, prowl roll to keep it a quiet strike: Prowl 83%| 1d100 = 69).

Contingency two:
If someone other than the tall man comes out the entrance James will give Jez the details of who they are and their armaments before moving to the entrance. If the coast seems clear, he will move through the entrance into the room doing everything to stay hidden and silent.

Contingency three:
If no one comes out the entrance James will survey they area and what he can hear from inside the room. If the coast seems clear, he will move through the entrance into the room doing everything to stay hidden and silent.
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
James Miller

Postby Susan Lee » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:39 pm

Susan nods at Kat and whips out her laser knife so she can cut the people free.

Finally something's happening. I didn't pop all those awesome drugs for nothing.
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Previous

Return to G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum