GIRLS in Merctown

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:05 am

Merctown Conditions wrote:Time: 2300
Conditions: 48 degrees, Clear, brusk and slightly chilly outside.


The GIRLS return to the Hanger with no issues.

Jez finds Cordelia passed out and James lounging in the main room; she notes immediately that Alexandra is nowhere to be found. Cordelia is rousing slightly from all the commotion.

The GIRLS have the evening to handle any last minute administrative stuff between bunk assignment or signing folks on, as well as pinging Harkin with the requested address.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 90

Susan realizes that she's not going to be sleeping for a very long time indeed, and is about to make herself useful on Cyberstreet, when she remembers that she's been drinking and drinking and doctoring is a big no-no.

Huffily, she goes upstairs to sequence the purloined DNA of the little girl the met on their adventure and the other, bigger GIRLS she works with.

Clinical Genetics: 1d100 = 47 / 68%

She checks her sobriety every hour to see if she can go work, but isn't sober early enough to do a shift before the other members of the squad wake up.

Instead, she heads over to Titan Robotics as soon as they open. Once there, Susan seeks out the manager and presents herself.

"Good morning, I am a doctor of cybernetics and I understand you are currently selling some 'experimental' technology that actually acts a cybernetic brain connection similar to that used in bionics, rather than the lackluster implant technology of today."

She pauses.

"I must have it. In my brain. Please."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:00 am

Lucy smirks to herself noting that the G.I.R.L.S. Hanger is still not hot pink as they arive back. "Votar ukweeav votar! she mutters to herself without thinking of whether anyone can understand her.

Tired though she is, she decides to have a quick examination of their new acquisition from Harkin and Brooks. She bids those that are headed to bed, "Mir nighav!", and wondered back to the Hanger workshop. She tidies up onw of the less cluttered work benches, sets the silvery alien canister on top, and pulls up a chair. "Ok now, let's see what we have here."

Gobbley
Home sweet home!

Good night!
She opens the canister, removes the bullet, and then having a sudden thought, she decides to psychically examine the silver alien canister first to get a sense of just who they are now working for. She takes a couple of calming breaths to center herself and then opens her mind to the psychic field of the silvery canister, seeking any deeper information that has adhered to its psychic substance.

Object Read (6 ISP)
    Impressions: 64% / 1d100 = 70
    Images: 56% / 1d100 = 48

Once she is satisfied with her impressions of the case, she turns her attention to potentially mysterious bullet. "Nothing more than a .50 caliber silver bullet, eh? We'll see about that." She again settles her mind into psychic substance, hunting for a deeper sense of the bullets function, purpose, and perhaps of more immediacy, its prior owner. Regardless of whether the munition reveals any of its past secrets to her, she pushes further with her psychic probe. Ok you bastard, where are you now?

Object Read (6 ISP + 4 ISP for Present)
    Impressions: 64% / 1d100 = 7
    Images: 56% / 1d100 = 50
    Present: 46% / 1d100 = 1
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 127/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Cordelia » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 75
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 60


Cordelia is alerted to the groups return by the noise of their entrance. She get up to meet them. "So Ill assume that by your appearance that no one else exploded on you. she smirked. "Jezebel ma'am. I have some errands to run today if its okay. I need to pick up my armor and some things that I lost last mission." Cordelia will wait for a reply and then scout out the kitchen for coffee and toast for breakfast. She will wait and enjoy her morning until it is a good time to go shopping. She feels fine. Of course I dont have a hangover. I barfed all the alcohol up.

Cordelia changes clothes and makes herself presentable and heads out to pick up her suit from Naruni. She then makes her way back to get a cheap laptop good for typing and to replace the note books, pencils and all items lost in her backpack when the dragon attacked her. The very thought of it blows her mind. I was in the dragons fire and I lived to talk about it. I was hot, It sucked, But i made it with little repercussions She smiles. She buys more paints too. She has an idea and she hails a ride back to the hangar.
The hangar is kind of drab from the street. She takes her paints and starts painting a sign. ART 70% 1d100 = 17 She paints a scroll that reads "G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown". She paints a big pink heart behind it with a crossed sword and arrow behind that. She finishes it with a wreath of thorned roses.
Cordelia/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:32 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 89
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 68
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance

Jez parks her hoverbike in the hangar, secures it, and yells loudly across the compound. "Get some sleep, ladies! We've got a busy day ahead of us tomorrow! Need you all fresh!" She then storms up the catwalk to the second floor dormitory area, secures the door behind her, strips down to her panties, and dives in her rack. I'll wash up first thing, but my legs are aching for some reason, so I must need some shut eye. Jez quickly falls soundly asleep.


Assuming there are no shenanigans in the night, Jez wakes in the morning, grabs a towel, and strides to the bathroom where she washes, changes into the same clothes she was wearing the day previous, and frowns. I have got to get some more clothes, and I gotta get these patched up properly.

Jez will head to Erdano's High Fashion as soon as she's dressed, not bothering to wake anyone on her way out, but being noisy as hell in doing so to make the point. She fires up her Hornet and heads to Erdano's. Once there, she'll explain that she wants her fatigues repaired, and she wants a three identical set of fatugues made of sturdy (light Mega-Damage) fabrics.
Code: Select all
A.D.F. Fatigues/"Working" Uniform (damaged)


Once the order is placed, she'll head to Naruni Enterprises, and see about purchasing an N-F50A Superheavy Force Field and an NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol for use around town without her EBA. Better to minimize my profile while going about this kind of shit.
Availability
Uncommon: 1 successful skill check for each item required & No Modifiers
Availability checks:
Invoke Trust: 88% / 1d100 = 18
Barter 66% / 1d100 = 30
Find Contraband 77% / 1d100 = 13


Once done there, she'll head back to the GIRLS' hangar, loudly parking her Hornet, dismounting like an avenging angel on a mission, and loudly shouting, "Status report! What the frak you doing, ladies?! What's the sitch! Any word from Susan?"

GM: please post reply any purchases to my sheet; I'll get my gear sorted once done. Jez will pay using her Non-Secure Universal Card.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 57/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 28/1d20 = 18
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Cyber-Eye on bullet if allowed (Macro-Zoom, thermal, various light filters)

On the way out of One Eyed Jacks, Megan checks on the stats of the raffle she had entered to see when the winner would be picked (assuming that it hadn't happened already), and if she needed to be there in case she won. Assuming that she wins and that they will deliver, she lists the G.I.R.L.S. hangar as the place for the prize to be delivered.

Upon returning to the hangar that she had been to briefly before, she asks Jez "So does this mean I'm officially hired on to your crew? If so, where can I rack up for the night?" Megan will proceed to the indicated room, half fall into bed with the light on and the door still partially open, and almost immediately pass out. Megan will wake up early partially due to her sleeping position and decide to stay up. She closes the door (if someone else already hadn't) and undresses out of her black fatigues before bathing. While in the shower, she will stretch as much as the stall will allow her and let the hot water pour over her sore muscles from sleeping wrong. After toweling off, she will continue to go through a series of stretches in her dorm until she feels limbered up for the day and gets into a pair of ripped denim pants and a cutoff t-shirt.

Going down to the kitchen, Megan decides to make a pot of coffee and cook breakfast. If anyone comes in, she'll cook them something up as well. (Cooking 1d100 = 3/52%) After breakfast, Megan will go over to where Lucille is examining the bullet and asks if she can inspect it as well. Putting on a pair of disposable rubber gloves, she will look at it using her cybernetic eye for any peculiarities while trying to figure out what type of weapon fires the bullet. (I'm thinking Recognizing Weapon Quality is the closest skill to what I am trying to do with identifying the gun that shoots that type of bullet. Recognize Weapon Quality 1d100 = 39/57%)
Megan Price
HP: 20/20
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Valrún » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:01 am

Perception 1d100 = 74 / 37% (+5% on a ley line)
JIC d20 1d20 = 19 / d100 1d100 = 62

Val will wander back to the GIRLS base with the others. Along the way she will talk to Jez, "So, is there some kind of contract for this job, or is this more of a ladies agreement for now? And do you have someplace I can bunk down?" Assuming she can at least get some rack space, she will deposit her things, make sure there is a number she can reached at before she heads out, then head over to the Magic Quarter and the Collegiate.

When she arrives there, she will inquire as to membership dues, what access it allows, and other generally useful basic information. In particular if it comes with access to a quiet space to preform some magic and work on things in private. Hopefully they have a place I can summon and negotiate in private. No need to scare the mortals.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

OOC Comments
Goddess in the Making
M.D.C.: 158/158
P.P.E.: 233/233

Constant Effects
Fire and Cold Resistant 1/2 damage
Bio-regenerates 1d6x5 M.D.C. per minutes (4 melees)
Sense Rifts 90 mile radius
Sense Ley Line 30 mile radius
Sense Magic in Use 300' radius
User avatar
Valrún
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:14 pm

[Before leaving]
Megan finds herself the winner of the raffle, much to the ire of several others who purchased multiple tickets. She leaves the address of the hanger with the staff for her prize to be delivered, then returns with the GIRLS.

The crew returns to the Hanger and rummages around for a bit before everyone either bunks down or losses themselves in their own tasks. Lucille is quick to excuse herself to an isolated corner of the room where she conducts her own investigation of the bullet and container it is in [PM sent], she ends up falling asleep much later than the others. Susan likewise moves back to her room and begins a clinical analysis of the purloined DNA that runs throughout the night. She's familiar that professional organizations can take between 4-8 weeks to fully sequence genetic material. Luckily it won't take her that long, but it does run well into the morning; Susan can gauge it'll be at least another 24 hours.

Before Jez is able to storm off to catch some shut eye, Valrun and Megan grab her attention and and the two briefly discuss administration stuff before Jez waves her off and heads to bed after pointing out a room where both Megan Valrun can bunk. They both head to their respective rooms, resigned to wait for formal paperwork, if there is any of that, for the following day. For now, they had a place to stay at least. Cordelia rouses in time to see everyone racking back out, she follows suit. Valrun leaves immediately in the dead of night, heading towards the Collegiate; if the demi-god is confident of one thing, it's that they run at all hours.


[Valrun at the Collegiate at around midnight]
Valrun makes sure she has a radio keyed to the GIRLS frequency before departing. During Valrun's trip, about thirty minutes after she left, she hears sirens off in the distance reminiscent of the Defenders, though pays it no mind as she arrives at the Collegiate around midnight. Valrun is certainly impressed by the Collegiate Arcane and Guild Hall. It resembles something out of older times, well before technology become dominant. As she approaches, she is immediately struck by the presence of not one, but two Major Elementals, one of Aerial and the other of Earthly descent.

The Earth Elemental stands easily forty feet tall as a large stone/mud giant, and standing beside it is an equally stall swirling vortex of wind and electricity with a pair of ethereal eyes. The shifter in her feels an intense presence from the beings, and she garners some degree of respect for whomever summoned and controls such creatures without needing to be present. She has a degree of knowledge that these beings are likely guardians and want her to state her business, so she does so, and they allow passage into the Collegiate.

Once inside, she is greeted by an older human male who identifies himself as Cantamen, just Cantamen; the Collegiate Keeper. He wears a brown robe and has thin white hairs; he is the picture of a wizened mage. He introduces her to the rules of the Collegiate. "The annual fee is 3,000 credits for membership. We also encourage the donation of artifacts and other magical items that are not being used; such donations are remembered with distinction. There are a few terms with the membership; know that by being a member of the Collegiate, you may be called to the Defense of Merctown, the Collegiate or their interests. Second; you are free to pursue your own goals and use the resources of the Collegiate, though these goals must not be in direct opposition to Merctown, The Collegiate or their interests. We can handle the annual fee right now if you are able, and please sign the book." He states, matter of factly. He listens to her further questions and continues; "The Collegiate can provide Room and Board for an additional fee, as well as private rooms for research or practice. Depending on your purpose, such rooms vary in cost, and all are rented for no less than six hours. A simple research room for six hours is 500 credits, and would be about the space of your average office; we have larger rooms for more advanced magics that run 1,000 per block. Our rooms all have access to the local Nexus for ease of casting. We have an open block coming up in the morning for a larger room. Would that interest you, say, 6am?" Cantamen states. Valrun notes that his questions are more like statements than actual questions; he talks like a tenured professor is talking to a student. She has to wait til 6am to use such a room, at least at this point in time, though she finds time to spend in the library.

What're you doing?


[Morning at the Hanger]
Jezebel and Susan are the first to rouse, or rather, start moving. Jezebel being obnoxiously loud jars Susan out of her analysis. Jezebel heads out, followed shortly by Susan and Cordelia. Megan awakens and makes herself food, with most of the crew already gone, she makes herself a nice hearty breakfast and also checks for the delivery. She finds a large toughbox outfront of the Hanger that is securely sealed and keyed to her unique Secured Universal Card.
Winnings
Code: Select all
[color=#4000FF][b]ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor[/b] (Patron Item)[/color]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/10/27/20171027234951-ea5e6002.png[/img]
[size=85][u]M.D.C. by Location:[/u]
[list][*]Helmet: 50
[*]Arms: 35 each
[*]Legs: 50 each
[*]Main Body: 100[/list]
Weight: 12 lbs.
Modifiers: +10% to prowl, palming, and concealment skills; no modifiers to physical skills
[u]Features:[/u]
[list][*]Experimental Cloaking Technology
[*]Functional equivalent of the [i]Cloaking[/i] major super power (p.256, HU2)
[*]Cloak is the functional equivalent of 1st level; does not increase with experience[/list][/size]

Ecstatic, she spends time suiting that thing up however she deems fit. Once she's content, around 9am, she moves to where Lucille is hanging out and finds the young Techno-Wizard passed out at the workstation. She does examine the bullet briefly, and the bullet is shockingly cold, doesn't seem hollow or like it'd have multiple parts (shell, casing, etc), and that it seems designed for a long-arm rifle; possibly Naruni or Triax design; she can't tell without more. It's at this point, with Megan standing right next to her, that Lucille jumps awake as though she just had a nightmare. Lucille hurriedly glances at the clock and sees it ring 9:03am.


[Susan at the Titan Robotics]
Susan finds what looks like a passable manager on site and immediate informs him of her request. It's early, 7am. The large human, that has more cybernetics installed than some may feel comfortable seeing, focuses one of his cybernetic eyes on her. After a moment, he nods, Susan didn't need to do much explaining. "You've already got the basic one; you want the advanced one I take it. Well, I can certainly install it, but it comes at a price. 27.6k; including installation. Installation will take a few hours, if you want that this second, which it seems you do. Also, one other thing. This is experimental; and a very valued item. After a week, come back and let me run a scan on it; consider it a... product quality check. We can hock the basic one, I'll give ya 50% retail since it's in good condition and your a doc yourself. Consider it a professional courtesy, don't go telling no one. So, your cost up front is 23,600." Susan bites the bullet and agrees, losing almost all of her money but gaining a great boon.

The Doc leads her to a operating room in the back that looks upkept, but run down, full of enough cybernetic material to make the young cyber-doc weak in the knees. She lays down on the table and hears him say; "Okay, you'll be out for a couple hours. Count to three." He states, Susan doesn't even get the chance to hit one before she is out cold.

She wakes up with a splitting headache, rotated and sitting in the chair in the room. As soon as she wakes up, she spots a light change color in the corner of the room and a few seconds later the doc walks in. "Excellent. You recovered. Surgery took a little over two hours to properly remove the former piece and install the new one. You might feel a headache begin to form here in a few minutes, I suggest you get back to a bed and get something to eat. When the headache hits you, it'll floor you. Pain meds won't help much, sorry. But, it'll only last for an hour or so." With that, he walks Susan out and sends her on her way.

Susan arrives at the hanger around 9:20am (ten minutes before Jez) and sees the trio of girls in the corner.

What're you doing?

[Cordelia out shopping]
Visiting a few shops, Cordelia tracks down a small portable computer for 800 credits, it's used but it's portable and suitable until she decides to buy a more applicable one. She can also replace all of her art supplies for 20 credits before returning to the hanger at around 8am; it didn't take her long. She spends the next hour or so making a sign for the GIRLS Hanger. She finishes the sign a few minutes before her attention is drawn to the sound of Lucille waking up rather abruptly across the hanger. Cordelia finds her way over to where Megan and Lucille are hovered around the bullet, Lucille looks a little flustered.

Portable Computer, R:UE, Page 262
Computer, Portable: This is a fully functioning computer that is about the size of an opened paperback book or the size of an average human's hands placed together. When closed, the handle can be folded 262 up and the entire unit can easily fit in most jacket pockets. The com­puter can be powered by a small, rechargeable battery (about 24 hours of life) or plugged into an electrical outlet. A hard copy of text can be printed out on the thermal-paper printer, but a magnifying glass is needed to read the tiny print. The computer can also be plugged into most video and cybernetic systems for use as a video monitor. Remov­able memory storage can take a variety of forms, including CD-ROMs, micro-ROMs, memory tabs, memstiks, or any of the other amazing in­formation storage options developed during the time before the Rifts. The display for such small computers might be as simple as a tiny LCD screen, or it might be a miniature holographic projector, or it might simply link into a set of VR goggles or one's cybernetic eyes. Input might be through a keyboard (how low-tech!), running a stylus or fin­ger across the screen, voice commands, mental interface (a popular op­tion for cyborgs), etc. Weight: From a few ounces to one pound (0.45 kg). Cost: 800


[Jezebel at Naruni and Beyond]
Jezebel successfully places an order for reinforced fatigues and a repair order. She is told the repairs will be done tomorrow, and the new orders will be completed the following day due to custom design. It's very akin to an armored jumpsuit, and the repairs cost her about 6k, while the three additional each cost 18k. (Total for these assuming no bartering down the price is 60k)

She then heads to to Naruni and successfully finds both items she was looking for practically on the shelves waiting for her. Total cost is 214,000.

After dropping 274,000 in one run, she returns to base and finds herself there around 9:30. When Jezebel returns, she doesn't spot Susan, Valrun nor Alexandra, but she does see Megan, Lucille and Cordelia in the back of the hanger.
Jezebel Purchases
Code: Select all
[b]N-F50A Superheavy Force Field[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/03/20170703083952-11ab7367.png[/img]
[size=85][u]M.D.C. by Location:[/u]
[list][*]Force Field: 160[/list]
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
[u]Features:[/u]
[list][*]6 hour duration per E-clip[/list]
Book Reference: p.122, DB2[/size]


NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
Image
  • Range: 60'
  • Damage: 1D6x10 M.D. per each plasma round
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: Four shot magazine of NE-004PC Heavy Plasma Cartridges. Cannot substitute lighter rounds.
  • Weight: 8 lbs.
  • Features:
  • Modifiers: W.P. Energy Pistol
    • P.S. of 18-24: -1 to strike
    • P.S. 25+ (or Bionic or Robotic P.S. of 20+): no penalty
    • P.S. >18: -5 to strike & suffer knockdown when gun is fired
  • Book Reference: p.25, DB8


ADF Fatigues (NG Bush Pilot Armored Jumpsuit) ==== (This what what I used for the Fatigues; if you want something else, we can handwavium it.)
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Flight Helmet: 35
  • Arms: 9 each
  • Legs: 20 each
  • Main Body: 25
Weight: 6 lbs.
Modifiers: None
Features:
  • Flight Helmet includes built-in radio and Nightvision goggles
Book Reference: p.77-78, WB 33






[The Hanger @ 9:30]
Jezebel finds Lucille, Megan and Cordelia around the bullet. She also spotted Susan wobbling around, clutching her head. Valrun is no where to be seen. Alexandra has yet to return as well. James appears to be cleaning a weapon.

What're you doing?

Gm Note: All credits deducted. I did Not Add Items to your sheets. Please do that yourselves and clean up your equipment sheets. I'm not as lax as some GMs, and like tidey equipment sheets. You'll find I am quiet benevolent when they are clean.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 99
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 66

Susan initially goes to look at the bullet with the others. "Good morning..." And then she starts to feel the surgery headache coming on, and sits down in a chair in the corner to try to keep ahold of herself.

When Jezebel arrives, Susan looks at her appraisingly. "You can heal objects, can you also heal people? I may have overindulged last night and want to be my sharpest for this important investigation."

She hates cybernetics enough, she would likely turn me down out of spite if she knew the real reason...
Last edited by Susan Lee on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:17 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 35
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 30
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance
Last night...
Megan Price wrote:"So does this mean I'm officially hired on to your crew? If so, where can I rack up for the night?"
Valrún wrote:"So, is there some kind of contract for this job, or is this more of a ladies agreement for now? And do you have someplace I can bunk down?"
Jez tells each to consider it a provisional hire. If they prove useful in their current assignment, they'll be considered permanent members of the team. She'll also tell them to rack up wherever they like--so long as it's not in her room. She dispenses with pleasantries as she has a mission of her own: sleep.

In the Morning
Susan wrote:When Jezebel arrives, Susan looks at her appraisingly. "You can heal objects, can you also heal people? I may have overindulged last night and want to be my sharpest for this important investigation."

Jez looks Susan up and down. "I fail to see where you're bleeding or injured." Jez's eyes narrow behind her goggles, but she doesn't let her suspicion color her tone of voice. She better not be malingering. I'll personally give her a drubbing if she is. "I can't 'heal the sick' I can only repair organic and inorganic damage, and I don't see that you're damaged. If you're hungover, I'd suggest a strong cup of caff, and some heavy cardio followed by a cold shower. Always worked for the nuggets in the fleet."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:56 am

Perception: 1d100 = 90 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 91

Lucy murmurs in a groggy half daze, "Murder..." A glimpse of Megan staring at her shocks her awake, an after-image of red eyes temporarily hovering over Megan's. "Ack!" she yelps. "Mummu! Whaav shal Gruumsh's name! ... Hiuk moavher’uk, girl, you frightened me! Don't sneak up on someone half-dazed from doing a psychic reading like that. You're likely to get your brain melted!"

She then recalls her vision. "Oh skator. Where is Jez? I need to debrief her." Still clutching her head, Lucy asks for Cordelia, too. "I've got some images in my head that I need her to sketch for the group."

Gobbley
Whaav shal Gruumsh's name! = What in Gruumsh's name!

Hiuk moavher’uk = His mother's (damn it)

skator = hell
Once Jez arrives, Lucy explains what she has been up to. "It's a mental probe into the psychic substance of the objects," she explains unhelpfully. "Um, look, it lets me see images and get impressions of those who have, um, been associated with the object. Anyways, I did two readings last night, and boy are my eyes tired!" She snorts to herself, and likely achieving no other positive response to her joke, she continues.

"I first examined the casing, thinking it might be a good idea to investigate just who we are working with. And I saw in my mind's eye an alien, not sure what kind, never seen one like it before, but it was with Brooks and Harkin, so I guess that's our mysterious client."

"My reading on the bullet went much deeper - maybe something about the specific psychic impressions left on the bullet? I don't know. For starters, the bullet itself doesn't seem to be psychic or magical, at least no enchantments that I can detect - I'll try some further mystical and technological scans on it later today once my head stops throbbing." She continues to rub her temples to clear some pressure.

"More importantly were the impressions and images I got. Whoever manufactured this was *ni bad guausan*," she emphasizes each word. "Um, you know, one bad... hombre? Whoever he is, he's still alive and still... um, well, evil. I think I caught a image of him, or maybe someone around him? Sort of tentacle-headed, but with an anthro-body? Not sure who he is."

"There was a second someone too, and I'm pretty sure that he shot some guy dead with this bullet - definitely had the impression of this guy dying." She goes a bit pale at the recollection. "There was some, um, running around then and then I saw Harkin and Brooks removing the bullet from this guy and put it into the canister we have here. It was all so very... trippy."

"But there was more! As I was probing the bullet light night, I was able to get a grasp of a co-current event. Whoever last owned this bullet was at the Devilman Exotic Arms just before midnight - I could just make out the sign for the shop. It was empty except for a single devilman - funny looking guy, you know, horns on the head?" She puts her index fingers up to imitate devil horns sprouting from her own head. "Anyways, the former bullet owner was obscured to my psychic sight, some kind of psychic interference mechanism? Certainly less than a psychic mind block would have created. I could only make out a silhouette, but I saw a long blade emerge and stab the poor devilman in the ribcage." She pauses, tilting her head to the side. "You know, I think the devilman tried to scream, but the sound he made was muffled. That's not how I want to go out at all." She shivers at the thought.

"Now this was spooky. Suddenly at the end of my vision I saw a pair of red eyes staring at me. I mean really at me, as if this obfuscated silhouetted guy could *see* me. ME!" she exclaims with a finger jabbing herself in the chest and her eyes wide. "That can't be good - he might know that we're one to him. But I am certain that whoever this was was the one who committed the two murders I saw."

She sighs, exhausted, but continues. "If my visions were correct, then we should find the devilman body and the blade that killed him left at the scene of the crime - the Devilman Exotic Arms. I'd love to get some real rest, but that corpse isn't going to just lie there forever untouched. Should we gear up for an investigation?" And to Susan, she says, "Before you even ask, yes - his head is still intact."
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 127/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:28 am

ROLLS HELD

Susan fakes a smile at Jez and responds, "Yes, coffee. That will help."

She then tries actually following the advice. Caffeine expands the blood vessels in the brain. It might actually work...

Trying to hold it together, Susan goes in and out on Lucille's description of her vision. "Professional sketch artist, need one." She manages a weak chuckle. "So many heads. Should grab a box."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:10 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 80
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 56
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance
Lucille Davis wrote:"Oh skator. Where is Jez? I need to debrief her." Still clutching her head, Lucy asks for Cordelia, too. "I've got some images in my head that I need her to sketch for the group. It's a mental probe into the psychic substance of the objects. Look, it lets me see images and get impressions of those who have, um, been associated with the object. Anyways, I did two readings last night, and boy are my eyes tired! I first examined the casing, thinking it might be a good idea to investigate just who we are working with. And I saw in my mind's eye an alien, not sure what kind, never seen one like it before, but it was with Brooks and Harkin, so I guess that's our mysterious client. My reading on the bullet went much deeper - maybe something about the specific psychic impressions left on the bullet? I don't know. For starters, the bullet itself doesn't seem to be psychic or magical, at least no enchantments that I can detect - I'll try some further mystical and technological scans on it later today once my head stops throbbing. More importantly were the impressions and images I got. Whoever manufactured this was ni bad guausan,Um, you know, one bad... hombre? Whoever he is, he's still alive and still... um, well, evil. I think I caught a image of him, or maybe someone around him? Sort of tentacle-headed, but with an anthro-body? Not sure who he is. There was a second someone too, and I'm pretty sure that he shot some guy dead with this bullet - definitely had the impression of this guy dying. There was some, um, running around then and then I saw Harkin and Brooks removing the bullet from this guy and put it into the canister we have here. It was all so very... trippy. But there was more! As I was probing the bullet light night, I was able to get a grasp of a co-current event. Whoever last owned this bullet was at the Devilman Exotic Arms just before midnight - I could just make out the sign for the shop. It was empty except for a single devilman - funny looking guy, you know, horns on the head?"

Jez's eyes widen behind her goggles. Frakking hells, that's the dude who helped me to get started on this godsforsaken rock His purchase gave me the start-up capital I needed to survive those first few months. "That's Zo'Wor. Not long after arriving on the world a couple years ago, I sold him a rifle I acquired from the frakking brush-heads back in my own dimension. If he's been harmed, we need to alert the Defenders and get there ASAP! Lucy, describe everything you saw to Cordelia in detail and have her sketch it out for you. Nobody has a holographic memory projector, do they? I bet the Defenders do if no one else does. Notify them of your vision and have them come over and interrogate your memory with the machine, assuming they have one. If not, we'll still have Cordelia's render to work from. I need someone with skills outside my own wheelhouse to come with me to Devilman's Exotic Arms. Zo'Wor may still be alive. Hurry and follow my lead! No room on my Hornet, sorry!" Without a further word, Jez sprints for her Hornet in the hangar, hops on, fires it up, and roars out of the hangar on her way to Devilman's Exotic Arms.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:15 pm

ROLLS HELD

The second Jez is out the door Susan says. "I got a cyber in my brain. I need magic to heal it. Make it now, please! It hurts. The Commander goes and I need to do the healing to others!"
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Valrún » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:27 pm

Underguard wrote:Once inside, she is greeted by an older human male who identifies himself as Cantamen, just Cantamen; the Collegiate Keeper. He wears a brown robe and has thin white hairs; he is the picture of a wizened mage. He introduces her to the rules of the Collegiate. "The annual fee is 3,000 credits for membership. We also encourage the donation of artifacts and other magical items that are not being used; such donations are remembered with distinction. There are a few terms with the membership; know that by being a member of the Collegiate, you may be called to the Defense of Merctown, the Collegiate or their interests. Second; you are free to pursue your own goals and use the resources of the Collegiate, though these goals must not be in direct opposition to Merctown, The Collegiate or their interests. We can handle the annual fee right now if you are able, and please sign the book." He states, matter of factly. He listens to her further questions and continues; "The Collegiate can provide Room and Board for an additional fee, as well as private rooms for research or practice. Depending on your purpose, such rooms vary in cost, and all are rented for no less than six hours. A simple research room for six hours is 500 credits, and would be about the space of your average office; we have larger rooms for more advanced magics that run 1,000 per block. Our rooms all have access to the local Nexus for ease of casting. We have an open block coming up in the morning for a larger room. Would that interest you, say, 6am?" Cantamen states. Valrun notes that his questions are more like statements than actual questions; he talks like a tenured professor is talking to a student. She has to wait til 6am to use such a room, at least at this point in time, though she finds time to spend in the library.


Val listens to Cantamen, and nods her head "I have the funds for that. I don't think I will need a room for more than 6 hours right now. Let me go ahead and pay for it all now, and if you could point me to the library so I can do some research while I wait that would be very nice. Also, is there anyplace to get some quality paper at the Collegiate?" Might as well make as much use out of the time as I can. Val will pay the fee's with her unsecured Black Card, and then head towards the library to do a little research on ways someone could use magic to pull off assassinations like what have been going on.

When 6 am rolls around, she will head to the room that she has rented, set things up for doing the ritual version of a communication rift, and then start work on finding a tharsis to summon. Lets hope this doesn't take all day

Rolls
Communication Rift attempt #1 1d100 = 40 /63%
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

OOC Comments
Goddess in the Making
M.D.C.: 158/158
P.P.E.: 233/233

Constant Effects
Fire and Cold Resistant 1/2 damage
Bio-regenerates 1d6x5 M.D.C. per minutes (4 melees)
Sense Rifts 90 mile radius
Sense Ley Line 30 mile radius
Sense Magic in Use 300' radius
User avatar
Valrún
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 30/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 25/1d20 = 20
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other:

Before making breakfast, Megan sees the crates with her winnings and suits up in the armor and puts the battle harness on, spending a few minutes transferring things to it from her utility belt, then sneaks around to tests everything out, then finally goes to the mirror to check herself out wearing it. (Prowl 1d100 = 54/52%)

Listening to Lucy's briefing on the bullet, Megan says "I think that the killer might be trying to change their MO. Up until now every murder has been with a rifle that fires bullets similar to that, but their effects are different. So now they are changing their tactics, perhaps using a method that won't leave evidence behind to be psychically examined. Where do you want me, boss? With you or doing something else?" Megan looks around but finds that Jez has already taken off.
Last edited by Megan Price on Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Megan Price
HP: 20/20
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:49 pm

[Valrun at the Collegiate]

Valrun pays her fees, finds time in the library and loses herself to the books there, though she finds little to nothing on Spirits of Light. Closer to a530am rolls around, and Cantamen approaches her in the library. "It seems the prior occupant was done early, and as you have been waiting patiently, consider this extra time an act of courtesy. Please do not do anything brazen, lest the council gets involved." He states, rather cryptically, but leaves without further explanation.

Once she is alone, she proceeds to channel the ambient energies to fashion a communication rift. As she opens the rift on the nexus point, she watches it fluctuate and pulse as it grows wider than an average communication rift often does. She knows she's connected to the realm where the spirits of light call home, and she can feel an ebb of power emanate from the gateway that is now before her.

She feels a presence on the other side of the gateway; a powerful one. A distorted voice filters through the portal that she can hear loud and clear. "State your intentions." The voice seems to echo off the walls.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Valrún » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:49 am

Underguard wrote:She feels a presence on the other side of the gateway; a powerful one. A distorted voice filters through the portal that she can hear loud and clear. "State your intentions." The voice seems to echo off the walls.


Well, time to see if this can be done the easy way Val pauses for a moment to compose her thoughts, "I am looking for someone to help me track down an assassin, and avenge the deaths they have caused in this city. I would prefer to reach an agreement rather than just bind someone to my will." Not that I have a problem binding someone, but lets try and do this the politer way first. Val waits patiently to hear what terms the tharsis might have.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

OOC Comments
Goddess in the Making
M.D.C.: 158/158
P.P.E.: 233/233

Constant Effects
Fire and Cold Resistant 1/2 damage
Bio-regenerates 1d6x5 M.D.C. per minutes (4 melees)
Sense Rifts 90 mile radius
Sense Ley Line 30 mile radius
Sense Magic in Use 300' radius
User avatar
Valrún
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:20 am

**rolls held**

Lucy does a double take as Jez interrupts her, announces her commands, and then sprints out of the room. "Happy to have helped! Will do with Cordelia - and a memory projector!!" she yells at a rapidly disappearing Jez.

She turns back to the rest of the group and finishes up her revelations. When Susan responds with 'I got a cyber in my brain', Lucy goes wide eyed. "Well, that's not the response I was expecting... hrm... no healing magic per se. I should add that to my list of spells to learn... Wait. Aren't you the doctor here?"

To Megan, she says, "Oh right! Good point about the MO. Glad we've got someone around for an eye to detail."

Yawning involuntarily, Lucy again realizes how tired she is. Where's Cordelia? Once I get these sketches out of my head I'm going to need to catch forty winks.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 127/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:45 pm

ROLLS HELD

Susan says, "Drugs no work. Is in brain. Make brains hurt. Is why need magic. Bad man say should be fine soon."

Sweet lord Science, I hope so!

Susan starts making her way to the door. "Someone else drive. Please."

Assuming someone else drives, Susan covers her eyes and slumps across the back seat, praying that the caffeine might help even a little. Wondering if she has enough pocket change to get magic or psychic healing somewhere along the way. Or at least a cyanide pill.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Cordelia » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 45
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 53


Cordelia having finally finished her painting wipes her hands on a rag she keeps with her art supplies and makes her way to the kitchen. She needs to wash out her brushes and clean up before venturing out to continue her day. As she approaches she hears people talking in the kitchen and what sounds like cursing in Gobbley. Cordelia knows languages, but not that. what the crap was that
She is still carrying also all her new bought supplies, as well as her wet brushes. She starts washing paint off her and her stuff and listens in to the conversation. She is at a loss as to what is going on. She continues to just listen and wash. She gets the idea as it is mentioned that she should make a sketch. oo I can do that She shakes her hands off, pours some coffee, and pulls out her new sketch pad and pencils.
Cordelia comes to Lucille and sits next to her. "Okay honey, tell me about this bad hombre. Describe him slowly and leave out no detail." She then begins to draw what is explained to her. Asking some questions about features to fill in spaces.
Art 70% 1d100 = 11
Cordelia/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:54 pm

[Valrun; still early in the morning]

There is a reverberating hum that seems to emanate from the rift. Valrun watches the rift before her fluctuate due to the proximity of such a potent nexus; within a minute of her statement, she sees a form begin to take shape from the Rift. Valrun is able to figure that, due to her location on a nexus, the communication rift she created blossomed into a full blown gateway between the locations, and whatever called out to her is now stepping through.

The demi-god, tall though she may be among human-kind, immediately finds herself dwarfed by what can only be described as one of the most perfect and divine looking beings in the megaverse. Standing approximately 15 feet tall and nearly touching the ceiling of the larger room, a man of bronze-like tanned skin and gorgeous pure white hair is now looking down upon her wearing no more than a hakama style robe from the waist down; the iris's in his eyes have a pure, glowing blue hue to them and they seem to pierce her very core.
Tharsis
Aecor.png
Aecor.png (180.44 KiB) Viewed 339 times
"You hunt an assassin. Interesting." He speaks, his voice powerful, though soft and his eyes never leaving Valrun. "You are of deific heritage, and your cause is just. You are young. Not yet ready to attempt to bind one such as myself." He leans down over her, then kneels to look her in the eyes. Valrun feels awed by this being, she has seen deific beings before but not in this manner; this tharsis is quite imposing. "I am Aecor, and I can help hunt this assassin, Parva Deum. Tell me what you know, how I can help, and what exactly you want from this agreement."

[Hanger]

Megan is not quiet in her new armor, must take some getting used too. As Lucille gives her briefing, Jez's internal alarm pings and she quickly dolls out orders and then rockets to her hornet and takes off; none of the others seem to follow her lead immediately though.

Susan is left with a throbbing headache and tries some caffeine and combines it with sugar, knowing that such a combination helps with brain performance if only for the short term. Her headache lessens slightly as she heads to the door to find only a single hornet and Cordelia's Salamandar left, vehicle wise. Her and Megan both seem apt to follow Jezebel, though they must either walk, call a cab, or use Cordelia's Salamandar.

Cordelia and Lucille connect and try to work out some sketches of what she saw, but Lucille can't seem to describe them very well to start. Cordelia does sketch a mock up of a Dnorr Devilman from memory, but neither of the other two aliens described ring any sort of bell for her. Cordelia isn't even sure she's seen an alien with tentacles on their head.

[Jezebel]

Jezebel takes off, kicking the hornet into full gear in effort to try to save the life of Zo'Wor, the only Dnorr Devilman she knows and the owner of that shop. If Merctown had speed limits, she'd have broken them but she arrives at the site in under five minutes. Hopping off her bike, she notes immediately that the front door is slightly ajar, and the lights are off inside, the Open sign is off; she feels her gut drop. She looks around and also notices that, while normally a popular place, there are no patrons that seem to be heading towards the Devilman's Exotic Arms. No signs of Defender activity either, she's likely the first on the scene.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:49 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 69
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 44
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance
Prowl 90% / 1d100 = 57 (to remain undetected)
Detect Ambush 85% / 1d100 = 88 (to identify a potential threat)
Trap/Mine Detection 80% / 1d100 = 64 (to identify a potential threat)
Detect Concealment 80% / 1d100 = 15 (to identify a potential threat)
Tracking: People 70% / 1d100 = 57 (to identify any sign of Zo'wor's presence)

Arriving on scene and seeing what she does, Jez whips out her MTE cellphone and briefly relays this information to the MercTown Defenders. She doesn't wait for the Defenders. Drawing the Widow-Maker from her harness, she slips in the front door as quietly as possible. Should have changed. A white pant suit isn't exactly hard to see in the dark. At least the black trench should cover up most of it. She looks around quietly before slinking in and through the store, keeping her senses peeled for anything unusual...well, unexpected. Everything in this shop is frakking unusual to me.

Initiative (+5 added): 1d20+5 = 6
Non-Combat Action: Draws her Widow-Maker from her harness
Contingency: If shit goes down, she lights a motherfrakker up. She will attempt to close into melee range as quickly as possible so as to keep weapons fire inside the shop to a bare minimum. If she appears to be in any significant danger, she will sacrifice an action to activate her force field.
Action 1: Fire NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" at hostile. Strike: 1d20+5 = 11, Damage: 1d6*10 = 10
Action 2: Fire NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" at hostile. Strike: 1d20+5 = 6, Damage: 1d6*10 = 60
Action 3: Punch hostile. Strike: 1d20+5 = 8, Damage: 1d6*10 = 30
Action 4: Punch hostile. Strike: 1d20+5 = 13, Damage: 1d6*10 = 60
Action 5: Elbow hostile. Strike: 1d20+5 = 11, Damage: 1d6*10 = 60
Action 6: Knee hostile. Strike: 1d20+5 = 23, Damage: 1d6*10 = 50
Action 7: Snap kick hostile. Strike: 1d20+5 = 10, Damage: 1d6*11 = 44
Action 8: Punch hostile. Strike: 1d20+5 = 7, Damage: 1d6*10 = 50
Action 9: Punch hostile. Strike: 1d20+5 = 7, Damage: 1d6*10 = 10
Action 10: Axe kick hostile. Strike: 1d20+5 = 15, Damage: 1d6*11 = 55
Parries (+10 included):
1d20+10 = 19, 1d20+10 = 19, 1d20+10 = 18, 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 18, 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 24, 1d20+10 = 14, 1d20+10 = 18, 1d20+10 = 14

Auto-Dodges (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 24, 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 10
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Cordelia » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:49 am

Perception: 1d100 = 43
JIC: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d100 = 1

Cordelia is getting confused a bit by the description she is being given.
Lore: D-Bee 65% 1d100 = 83
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 65% 1d100 = 19
"I thought you said this was a devilman." Her drawing looks like a cartoon description of the boogeyman.
"Is it horns or tentacles?"
"What do his eyes look like?"
"It is a male?... Right?"
She uses a large eraser and backs up a bit. She tries to coax the fading image from Lucilles mind.
I need to slow down and not get ahead of her
She takes a deep breath and focuses.
Art 70% 1d100 = 73
Cordelia/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 23/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 22/1d20 = 9
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other:

Cordelia wrote:Cordelia is getting confused a bit by the description she is being given.
Lore: D-Bee 65% Original post: 1d100 = 83
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 65% Original post: 1d100 = 19
"I thought you said this was a devilman." Her drawing looks like a cartoon description of the boogeyman.
"Is it horns or tentacles?"
"What do his eyes look like?"
"It is a male?... Right?"
She uses a large eraser and backs up a bit. She tries to coax the fading image from Lucilles mind.
I need to slow down and not get ahead of her
She takes a deep breath and focuses.
Art 70% Original post: 1d100 = 73


Megan pips up with "I thought she said the Devilman was the victim." Turning to the rest of the group, she says "Who's got a ride big enough for the rest of us to all fit in? Or maybe two rides if we have to break it up. I can operate tanks, APC's, and all manner of hover bikes."

Listening to Lucille recount the appearance of the attacker, Megan tries to figure out what manner of creature it is. (Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100 = 27/57%, Lore: D-Bees 1d100 = 96/52%)
Megan Price
HP: 20/20
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 49 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 83

Cordelia wrote:Cordelia is getting confused a bit by the description she is being given.
"I thought you said this was a devilman." Her drawing looks like a cartoon description of the boogeyman.
"Is it horns or tentacles?"
"What do his eyes look like?"
"It is a male?... Right?"
She uses a large eraser and backs up a bit. She tries to coax the fading image from Lucilles mind.
I need to slow down and not get ahead of her
She takes a deep breath and focuses.


"No no no. Like Megan said, the devilman was the victim." Lucy squints at the sketches Cordelia. "And it was more tentacles instead of a nose/mouth. But still had eyes," she says, pointing at the second alien picture.

When Megan mentions a ride, Lucy pops up from the sketches. "Oh right, my mountaineer can seat five. I'll drive!!" she squeals, her exhaustion temporarily forgotten. She stands up and begins finishing around her pockets for her keys. "Cordelia, do you think we can do this on the road?"
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 127/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 62
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 13

Susan climbs into the back of the Mountaineer opposite Cordelia, and lays down across the seat, face down, resting her arms over Cordelia's lap, fingers on the opposite door armrest.

When they arrive at Devil Man's Devil Arms, she pours herself out of the vehicle, and move to follow Jezebel, resting herself against the doorframe, taking in the gloomy interior.

Oh! Darkness my old friend! Thank Science! I've come to delve your secrets again. Or vomit.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am


Return to G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest