GIRLS in Merctown

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:46 am

**rolls held**

Susan Lee wrote:Susan looks at Megan, nods, and jacks into her Wilk's Secure Walkie Talkie. *cough* Is this thing on? Me me me me... GIRLS, this is Dr. Susan Radio live and on the air. I propose we stop speaking out loud as much as possible. Commander, please return to the hangar immediately, we may have the assassin on premises.

The assassin may be masquerading as brown Co-Employer. Blonde Co-Employer is also here and those of us onsite will proceed with lockdown procedures. None of us are in armor, however, so there is a not-insignificant chance we will all be vaporized.


Lucy picks up on Susan's not so subtle vibs. "Val, Spirit-abs, sounds like we might be in for a bumpy ride, and I'm not just talking about my driving!" she snorts. "And uh, Spirit-abs, perhaps remain invisible if you can? Maybe you, in your mystical ways, can achieve the element of surprise on our intruder?" She begins mentally reviewing her spell for Armor of Ithan, checking that the wiring she worked into her roadrunner armor is in place and ready for action, all while ignoring the occasional bump of a MercTown pothole.

As they arrive at the hanger, Lucy radios in "T-10 seconds for the Mountaineer to land - orders?"
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 90/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Perception: 36% = [dice]1d100[/dice]%
JIC: 1d20 = [dice]1d20[/dice] / 1d100 = [dice]1d100[/dice]%

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.


Jezebel wrote:Jez hollers back over her shoulder at Amber. "We may be riding back into trouble! Could be the assassin is stupid enough to be hanging out at our place. Wouldn't that just be grand?"


Amber yells back. “Alright.” She takes a deep breathe in as she mentally prepares herself for a possible confrontation back at the teams’ hangar. Well, this certainly has been an eventful morning.

As Jez flies into the hanger, Amber will quickly scan around the hangar bay and look for entrance and exit points. As she watches Jez climb up on what she assumes is Jez’s large robot, she tries to get familiar with her surroundings. Okay. We have got a large hangar bay here, a door way over there and another there. Plus, we have got a staircase going up.

Once Jez gathers with the others and asks for a sitrep, Amber will approach while keeping herself facing towards the doorways that lead further into the building. Amber will make mental notes of everyone present as she has only met them in passing back at the Devilman’s. Okay, this must be pretty much the whole crew I take it. Let’s put some names to the faces. She will look around at each person’s face that is present and introduce herself. “So, hey. I’m Amber, nice to meet you all." She keeps her voice low. "Uhm, so I understand we may have an assassin here in the building as we speak. I have a possible way to track them. But I need to know how many of our people are present at the moment.” She will pause for a moment and continue in a soft voice. “The only thing that can block my tracking is invisibility, but I have a way around that.” I won't give away all of my tricks right away, but I may be able to pick up their scent, and track them if they use any of their powers.

As she speaks to and then listens to the group's conversation, she keeps her hand near her sidearm. she awaits the telltale sign of an approaching threat and is ready to put her Psychic Body Field in place to protect herself at the first sign of danger.
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:17 pm

(Rolls Held)

"Actually, I have a thought a non-technological, non-mystical means of detecting the invisible. I'll be right back." Megan exclaims excitedly as she runs off to the kitchen and grabs all the flour she can and brings it back to the group. When she comes back, she takes a pinch of it in her open palm and gently blows it onto someone as way of demonstration. "If we suspect the imposter is nearby, dusting them with flour should briefly outline where they are!"
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:33 pm

Conditions wrote:Location: New Pudacah; 'Merctown'
Time: 11:30am (10 Minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather: About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds


[Flirts]
Jez and Amber

Jez turns the floor over to Amber who rightly suspects there is a little more than meets the eye as she addresses the guard. He shifts and glances at his coworker before shaking his head once and sighing. "Right before he ate it, I saw a hooded patron in the bar. What stood out was the hood, cause it was a good night and the interior is quiet comfortable. It was as if they were specifically trying to avoid being seen." The human answers and the Dbee nods, continuing where he left off.

"After he went down, the defenders were called and all patrons were interviewed. That individual was not there." He points up to the camera at the door. "That camera also did not pick up our guest, nor the back entrance. One of the reasons the boss is adding interior cameras, apparently door cameras just don't cover it in today's age." The Dbee states.

"And I didn't mention it cause, well, it's not a whole lot to go on. A hood. It was dark in there, no clue on color or what was underneath. Didn't even see the rest of the body." The human finishes and the Dbee nods, both Amber and Jez see the other two nodding in unison. Amber at this point is quite sure that they aren't hiding anything else.

With some extra details, the two then make their way back to the Hanger.

[Crimson Dragon]
Lucille

Lucille thinks on technological methods for invisibility and a true cloaking field has never been fully developed and put into the public sector that didn't involve magic. It is technically within the scope of technology, however. There are Techno-Wizard cloaking devices that use invisibility spells that she has heard off, but even those aren't full proof.

When she accepts the offer, the man clasps his hands together with a grin. "Excellent! I'm sure we'll be in touch soon. Now, off you go!" He says and ushers the three out. Lucille begins the walk back to the Hanger with Valrun, the Spirit and the body in tow.

[The Hanger]
[Susan, Cordelia, Megan]

As Megan realizes they are not alone, she calls out to everyone, who is still on the ground floor, then explains in further detail. Cordelia isn't sure what to do and seeks guidance from Megan who gives her a couple ideas.

Cordelia isn't sure about finding compartments but she's good at finding contraband or places to store it, and notes that the air ducts on the ceiling are large enough for a person to maneuver in with relative ease. Susan takes her queue and immediately sends a message to Jez. Brooks draws a Naruni gun and taps something on his shoulder. Susan and Megan both see a thin shield form around the mercenary who has a concerned look on his face. He unholsters his second pistol and tosses it to Cordelia.

"Hey, Redhead. Use this, I want it back if we survive this. It's a Widow-Maker, it's got four shots so use it wisely. I didn't bring extra ammo." Brooks says to Cordelia. Susan is, at the very least, moderately reassured that while the Harkin was fake, this Brooks does seem to be the real deal and still an ally.

Unfortunately, Jezebel's orders to not alert the assassin was too little, too late as Megan's original outburst likely did that for them.

As Susan heads to her room to grab her weapon, there is an abrupt CRASH! up on an upper level. Megan and Cordelia can't quite place where, but Susan feels her gut drop as it sounds like it came from her lab where the blood sample was going through a test. When she gets to her lab, alone or not, she does not see the Harkin look-alike but sees the lab equipment destroyed and the sample gone.

Megan runs into the kitchen and grabs some flour, dusting Cordelia to demonstrate before beginning to sweep the lower level.

[Enroute]
Jez and Amber book it and arrive at the hanger, with Lucille and Valrun in tow. The spirit remains outside with the body as Lucille, Jez, Amber and Valrun enter the premsis.

Jez, Lucille and Amber immediately notice that James is unconscious with a splint on a couch, Brooks looking towards the upper level and Cordelia standing near him looking at the ceiling ducts and is partially covered in flour. Susan is no where to be seen and Megan is already moving, sweeping the lower level with a handful of flour.

GM Note:
Please include initiatives and a D20 save roll. Not combat posting (yet). Any applicable skills, or intentions. Contingencies would also be welcomed.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 41/1d20 = 9
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye (Zooming, Thermal, Filters), Amplified Hearing
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 21
Saving Throw: 1d20 = 4

As quickly as she can while maintaining stealth, Megan moves toward the noise (Prowl 1d100 = 73/52%). Looking around the lab, she tries to determine the best place to spring an ambush (Detect Ambush 1d100 = 48/57%). While she does this, she starts tossing flour in the air with one hand, trying to see if the flour particles float in an unnatural way indicating the presence of an unseen object, coat something invisible, or just disappear from sight. As she goes about her work, Megan asks Susan "Susan, what exactly did you have going on in here?"
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66 / 32%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 96

CONDITIONS: See Invisible (from Amulet)

Susan steps out of her room, holding her laser rifle and her armor case. Her jaw drops when she sees what Megan's doing. Plugging back into her Wilk's Secure Walkie Talkie, she broadcasts directly from her brain, "Stop doing the world's shittiest baking show! And stop talking so it can hear you! It's not invisible, it's invisible to machines! Otherwise it wouldn't have needed to break James, it could have just walked around."

She adds, "And, if it IS invisible, I can see it."

"GIRLS, is ANYONE ELSE on secure radio? Can you get all other team members at least on walkies or HUD?"

Initiative: 1d20 = 17
Save: 1d20 = 10
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:11 am

Perception: 1d100 = 2 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 61
Initiative: 1d20 = 15
Save Roll: 1d20 = 5

Lucy adjusts the straps on her armor before heading into the hanger to find... What the hell is going on in here? Lucy notices she's leaving footprints in a light dusting of... "Is this chalk dust? I remember clapping erasers back my Northern Gun primary school days - Ms Jones was super strict if you got into trouble with her, even if you were a smarty." It dawns on her, from the likely looks this elicits from the others in the hanger, that this may not be the best time for a trip down irrelevant memory lane. "Oh, right. Sorry - assassin in the chalky mists."

Understanding that the assassin may be invisible but still thinking that it must be more than technological, Lucy casts See the Invisible (4 PPE) through her helmet's HUD, followed by Sense Magic (4 PPE), to see if she can detect the assassin's presence.

"I'm going to grab the bullet from my workstation - it showed me the assassin once, so maybe I can get a repeat performance out of it." Although still noting some psychic fatigue from the previous evening and uncertain if lightning will strike twice, Lucy heads to her workstation, her eyes dodging here and there to detect any unfamiliar movement, though she can sense that she's more jumping at. Finding her workstation trashed is a sudden shock, causing her to gasp, her eyes going wide. All that beautiful new equipment. Wrecked! How? Why??? She can feel tears welling up into the corner of her eyes, but shakes them away. Someone. Must. Pay. she thinks, her face becoming a bit flush as adrenaline replaces her tears and an anger at unwonted violence hurled at her precious machines builds up inside her. And for what?

[If somehow the bullet's location eluded the intruder:] Lucy will attempt to perform an Object Read on it.
Object Read
Object Read (6 ISP + 4 ISP for Present)
Duration: 2d6 = 3 minutes
Impressions: 1d100 = 55 / 64%
Images: 1d100 = 81 / 56%
Present: 1d100 = 4 / 46%
[Assuming the bullet is missing:] Lucy will turn away from her workstation, check the straps securing her vibro-sword, and pull out her 9mm Mauser. "Oh yes, they will pay." She will march back to the hanger, thinking of all of the spells she could cast though her weapons to deliver justice to her fallen mechanical allies.

[If the sounds of combat erupt:] If she thinks she has time, Lucy will cast Armor of Ithan on herself before heading to the source of the sound, guns hot.

Regardless, Lucy's roadrunner helmet chirps with the pleasant sounds of Susan's mental shouts. "Aye Susan! I can hear you loud and clear - and loud! Ah, over.". If any of the GIRLS in the hanger don't seem to get the message, Lucy will cheerfully tell them that Susan requests secure radios.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 90/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:52 am

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 64
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 44
Additional Save: 1d20 = 13 (see bonuses on sheet)
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88% 1d100 = 81 (both to instill some discipline into the team and to intimidate the assassin into doing something reckless)
Surveillance 70% / 1d100 = 55 (self explanatory)
Tracking: People 70% / 1d100 = 64 (self explanatory)

Jez secures the doors behind her, flicking active her optic glasses as she does so. Seeing everyone run around in such a disorganized fashion, she does her best to bring calm and authority to the sitch. Godsdamned nuggets look anything but professional right now. They're letting this jerk dictate the tempo of this dance. She faces the interior of the hangar and its second floor and as she draws her hand cannon calls out loudly, "Everyone, guard the exits! There's no point in running around randomly. This interloper has nowhere to go. You hear me, asshat? You think we're trapped in here with you, but really you've trapped yourself in here with US." As she speaks, she pans and scans the ground floor from left to right with her thermal imaging optics.

Initiative (+5 added): 1d20+5 = 19
Non-Combat Action: activate optic glasses (thermal-imaging)
Action 1: activate N-F50A
Action 2: draw NE-202
Actions 3+: speechify while she pans the ground floor with thermal-imaging

Parries (+10 included):
1d20+10 = 20, 1d20+10 = 19, 1d20+10 = 11, 1d20+10 = 18, 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 19, 1d20+10 = 13, 1d20+10 = 11, 1d20+10 = 16, 1d20+10 = 25

Auto-Dodges (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 24, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 11, 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 23
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:47 am

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 36%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 90%
Radio: Basic 45% = 1d100 = 74% (if someone brings her a radio)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.


She tries to follow Jez’s lead and project a sense of calm into the chaotic situation with the rest of the GIRLS running around seemingly doing random things. What the hell are these girls doing? Running around as individuals. We have an assassin loose in the building!
She hides her annoyance as she invokes her See the Invisible ability (range: 240’; duration: 6 minutes I.S.P.: 4) and looks for some place in the hangar to crouch behind (maybe a vehicle?) and cover the doorways she has noticed leading further into the building. As she doesn’t not know the layout of the building other than the room she is in, Amber figures it is best to let someone else take the lead if they move further into the building.

After hearing the large crash coming from the upper level. Obviously, the assassin must be upstairs and still here, she thinks to herself. Amber calmly checks that her gauntlet is secure on her left arm before drawing her TX-26 and checking that it is loaded and ready for action. I’m as ready as I can be.

Lucille Davis wrote:If any of the GIRLS in the hanger don't seem to get the message, Lucy will cheerfully tell them that Susan requests secure radios.


Amber will speak up upon hearing the request for using secure radio. “I could use one if you have a spare kicking around.” If someone retrieves a radio for her she will put it on and test it briefly to make sure it is working. “Test. Amber here. Let me know if you can hear me.”

She will then continue to await the telltale sign of an approaching threat and is ready to put her Psychic Body Field in place to protect herself at the first feeling of danger.

Save: 1d20 = 5
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 22 (+3 included in roll, has additional +6 if Sixth Sense kicks in)
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Cordelia » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 32
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 85

Cordelia is trying to stay calm and search. He mind is racing. She is scanning the area from the ceiling down for hiding places. 1d100 = 30 Find Contraband 65% She greedily takes the weapon from Brooks when he hands it over. She examines it for a moment to get the operation of it into her mind.
"Thank you, are we sure this thing is actually invisible and not just something else like a temporal wizard. Or he didn't shapeshift into something we wouldn't be looking for. Maybe he turned into a mouse or a fly and buzzed out.
Maybe turned real thin and he's hiding behind a hat rack. I don't think we have a hat rack. Maybe..."
Cordelia caught herself babbling.
She sees reinforcements show up. "Good timing. Whats the plan now. Lets get this thing."
Cordelia/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:25 am

ROLLS HELD

Hearing the reply from Lucy, Susan turns and runs back downstairs. She goes to Lucy, and makes sure that Lucy, in armor, is between her and the staircase/upper level.

"Lucy, I'm not magic. Can you protect me from being vaporized with your magic? Say yes."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:21 pm

**rolls held**

Susan Lee wrote:"Lucy, I'm not magic. Can you protect me from being vaporized with your magic? Say yes."


[Assuming Sense Magic is active:] Lucy looks Susan up and down. "Nope. You ain't magic. But you do got 'em lovely amulets! Now you hold real still - it's been a while since I had to get this enchantment through a pistol." Lucy levels her NE Classic 9mm at Susan's chest, poking her just under the sternum. Hope this works! she prays to Mammu and casts Armor of Ithan (10 PPE) at the closest of point blank ranges on to Susan.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 90/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:12 pm

Conditions wrote:Location: New Pudacah; 'Merctown'
Time: 11:35am (5 Minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather: About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds


With everyone back at the hanger, there is chaos. The radio is flooded with calls from multiple people as well as the sounds of voices from those near each other on in the hanger makes hearing anything out of the ordinary impossible.

Amber quickly activates her ability to see what cannot be seen and draws her weapon as she enters the hanger with Jezebel and is able to acquire a radio near James. Megan does not see anything amiss with her flour tossing, though she does accidentally knock over a small box while scouring, which alerts Amber and Jez to her immediate location on the upper level near Susan's Lab. Megan notes that the hanger is such an open space, that the best places for ambush seems to be either individual rooms or entrances/exits, and she can see Jez, Amber and Valrun enter from below.

Jez tries to instill some degree of order amid the chaos she sees, calling for her team to guard the exits in an effort to box them in. Valrun answers Jez's initial call and remains by the entrance they just entered from, Brooks also elects to remain near said entrance. Jezebel hears Susan call on the radio, as does everyone else. Lucille runs to her workstation to search for the bullet only to find it a mess on the first floor, and the bullet as well as the case are both gone. Cursing under her breathe, she readies herself and weapons as she turns to face the interior of the hanger.

As Cordelia turns to see Jez and Amber enter and greets the pair, Cordelia, along with Amber, Jez, Megan and Lucille all here a loud *CLUNK* that seems to come from the ground floor, near Lucille's station in the back, before a whirring noise seems to increase before dying. Suddenly, all the lights in the Hanger go out and the room is flooded by the ambient light from the small windows that line the ceiling. Coredelia, as well as Amber, are barely able to make out the silhouettes of Jez and bump into each other at the sudden change in lighting, which nearly knocks Cordelia over. Megan is able to flip through her multi-optic cybernetic eye but doesn't see anything else in the room. She is able to read the body heat signatures from the thermals but only counts those she knows to be there; Jez, Amber, Lucille, Susan, Valrun, James (unconscious) and Brooks. She can't really tell the different between them, but she does peg the heat signatures. Jezebel is similarly able to scope the area out using her thermals and does picks up the same readings as Megan.

As Susan moves to run downstairs to ask Lucille for assistance, after activating her own amulet, she very nearly trips on the scaffolding but manages to barely catch herself as she hit the steps just as the lights go out. Jezebel, for one, feels suddenly at home in a mostly darkened environment and is able to see rather well. There is another *CLUNK*, this time from one of the upper levels that everyone can hear. Lucille, being near the back where the first noise was, doesn't see, but hears a rapid patter of steps on the concrete near her that quickly ascends the stairwell next to her. Megan also hears the patter of footsteps on the stairwell near where Susan was headed, but doesn't pick up any signature but Susans.

GM Notes:
Current Locations; Jez, Amber, Lucille, Cordelia, Valrun and Brooks (NPC) are on First floor.
Susan and Megan are on the second with Megan being near Susan's lab, and Susan being about 45 feet away on the stairwell.

Lights (and power) is out, there is only ambient light from a line of 8x1 windows just underneath the ceiling. The ambient light is barely enough to make out silhouettes if you concentrate.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:35 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 27
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 100
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, N-F50A is active, natural sight
Prowl 90% / 1d100 = 45 (self-explanatory)

This almost feels like home now. Jez winces as the sudden image of her exploding homeworld surfaces unbidden in her mind. No. Gotta get back home to the fleet. She says softly to those beside her, "I'm going radio silent. Nobody gets through these doors." It's quite clearly an explicit directive couched in the niceties of a declarative statement. Jez is in motion nearly before her lips stop moving. She takes a few steps out to clear herself of the edge of the catwalk above, then jumps up to land atop it. She keeps her eyes peeled, alert and watching for signs of movement along the catwalk running West to East along the South side of the hangar as she runs South toward the corner junction of the catwalk before heading East along the catwalk at a full sprint to try and reach the general storage area. Quite a jump, Jez...and that didn't even feel like it was hard. Jez pushes the unbidden thought out of her head. No time for my curious genetics now, but damn it does feel good to feel the breeze on my eyes for a change.

Initiative (+5 added): 1d20+5 = 12
Non-Combat Action: flips her optic glasses onto her forehead
Action 1: Jump to the upper deck
Action 2-6: Sprint South along catwalk then East along catwalk (70'/action); merge w/NE-202 while running
Assuming she spots their target in the storage area, she'll level her Widow-Maker at the trespasser and say in a soft and casually murderous tone of voice, "Your move, rookie. Choose wisely. Could be your last." If the target doesn't immediately surrender, she'll blast him.
Action 7-8: Called shot to whichever leg is most prominent. Strike: 1d20+7 = 23, Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 9-10: Called shot to whichever leg is most prominent. Strike: 1d20+7 = 24, Damage: 1d6*10 = 20 M.D.
Contingency
If Jez doesn't spot their target in the storage area, she'll take a breath and skulk through the door and into the second story residence area, and begin checking each room.
Actions 7-10: Check rooms quietly

Parries (+10 included):
1d20+10 = 22, 1d20+10 = 29, 1d20+10 = 25, 1d20+10 = 30, 1d20+10 = 13, 1d20+10 = 12, 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 20, 1d20+10 = 13, 1d20+10 = 13,

Auto-Dodges (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 24,
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:10 pm

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 20%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 20%

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.


As the lights go out, Amber blinks rapidly to help her eyes adjust to the sudden darkness. Dammit! She curses, as she bumps into Cordelia almost knocking her over. She reaches out a hand to steady Cordelia. They are too close to not have some protection on in here, she thinks as she activates her Psychic Body Field.

Okay, now let’s see the building with our mind. Now where is everyone? Amber reaches out with her mind and the darkness disappears (at least in her mind). She begins to locate where she knows everyone is or at where they started and tries to track the intruder. They sound like they are heading up the stairs! Can I get a bead on them?

Initiative (+5 added): 1d20+3 = 21
Non-Combat Action: Activate Steady Cordelia
Action 1: Activate Psychic Body Field (60 MDC, lasts for 12 minutes)
Action 2: Activate Mind’s Eye (Range 200’, lasts for 12 minutes)
Action 3 & 4: Figure out who is who and see if she can track the intruder using Mind’s Eye. Tracking roll: 74% = 1d100 = 82%
Action 5: If Amber can determine with certainty which one is the intruder, she will try to Paralyse the intruder using Bio-Manipulation. (Range: 160’) (Duration 4d4 = 9 minutes) Otherwise, she will continue to search for the intruder using her mind.
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 5 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 49

Conditions: See the Invisible (Duration: 4 min), Sense Magic (Duration: 8 min)

The loud clunk from the upper level snaps Lucy out of an image in her mind where she was about to shoot Susan with magical armor. Well, that's a bit over the top. Shaking it off and now in the dark, Lucy gets a bit worried. Time for some defensive action, girl she thinks as she sends mystical energy through her Roadrunner Ride Armor to reinforce it with Armor of Ithan.

The sounds of movement on the concrete and up the stairs draws her attention. "GIRLS, just heard the pitter-padder of tiny feet headed up the stairwell next to me. Let's see here if some light won't illuminate this uninvited guest of ours." She takes aim with her 9mm and fires a Globe of Daylight up in the direction of the footstep sounds.

Initiative: 1d20 = 20
Action 1: Cast Armor of Ithan through her armor (40MDC [half dmg from magical fire/lightning/cold], Duration: 4 min, 10 PPE)
Action 2: Fire a Globe of Daylight (AoE: 14.4m area, Duration: 12 min, 2 PPE)

If she can now see the intruder under the glorious revelation of natural sunlight, then:
Action 3: Fire a Blinding Flash (1 PPE)
Action 4: Fire a Magic Net (AoE: 3m, 7 PPE)
Action 5: Dodge any return fire 1d20+2 = 10

Otherwise:
Actions 3-5: Move the Globe of Daylight around to hunt for the intruder (Spd 12)

If Susan gets in range of Lucy and the intruder hasn't been found, then she will take an action to pull the stunt she originally planned and fire Armor of Ithan on her. Ditto Cordelia (though without the drama - Cordy seems like she might just faint with a gun to her chest.)
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 90/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Cordelia » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 64


Cordelia is trying her best to keep it together. Her mind is racing. She turns to Amber. "I have an idea..."
The power goes out. Cordelia stumbles and smacks into Amber, who catches her. "oh jeez" She gets her feet back and tries to adjust to the light. "this sucks, but I still got this" she whispers in the dark. She recieves her orders from Jez.
"I'm going radio silent. Nobody gets through these doors."
She nods in comprehension and darts over to grab some flour. It seems further in the dark with a potential killer on the loose. Cordelia covers the hall area between the main door and the door to the hangar with flour. She then approaches Brooks. She gulps a little. This is a dumb plan "Hold still Mr. Brooks I dont do this with men too often."
She takes a minute to size him up and changes her appearance to match his. She winks at him and speaks in her own voice. "As long as I shut up we should pass as twins in this light." She checks her forcefield again. this plan sucks She grabs the smaller furniture in the area and puts it in front of the doors. She then slides the couch over to the desk and makes some concealment to hide behind and with Brooks help positions herself, and unconscious James in the hiding place. She holds up with the pistol Brooks gave her and watches the flour and the doors. "Stay hidden Mr. Brooks and we may live until tomorrow."
Cordelias eyes have adjusted to the light but there isn't much of it. This is a dumb Idea.
Cordelia/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 55/1d20 = 13
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye (Thermal Imaging, Nightvision), Amplified Hearing focusing on the footstep heading toward Susan
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 10

Listening to the chaos over the radio, Megan bemoans the lack of radio etiquette. Then the lights go out. Oh you have got to be kidding me! What does an individual who is capable of being invisible to technology and shape shifting to look like anyone need with removing lights? Either they are visible to magic and/or psychic powers, my thought to dust the air to reveal them scared them into thinking it would counter their abilities, just wanting to cause general mayhem, or some combination of those three. And if they are wanting to cause mayhem, it's probably because they are afraid of discovery without it. The last thought puts a smile on Megan's lips as she feels a renewed sense of hope they can do this.

She scans the interior of the hangar counting heat signatures and concluding that she still can't find the intruder that way, but when she hears the footsteps, she focuses on the area that they seem to be coming from to try and see if see footprints being made in flour already on the floor or an an natural breeze blowing papers askew from the intruder running by. Megan will blindly fire her grapnel launcher at the space she thinks the intruder is in an attempt to entangle them in the line. She will also defend herself from any possible incoming attacks.

Action 1: Determine the intruder's location (based on Perception check)
Action 2: Blindly fire grapnel launcher 1d20 = 9
Action 3: Reel line in on a miss, or attempt to tie them up 1d20 = 7
Action 4: Blindly fire grapnel launcher 1d20 = 6, or attempt to tie them up 1d20 = 8
Action 5: Reel line in on a miss, or attempt to tie them up 1d20 = 17
Action 6: Blindly fire grapnel launcher 1d20 = 11, or attempt to tie them up 1d20 = 6
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 31

CONDITIONS: See Invisible

Susan stands on the stairs, pissed. We have a switch that just turns the lights off? And Target found it in minutes?!?"

Anyone with text display gets bleedover from her enraged thoughts, "Remember to put one-way visual limitations on the windows instead of PAINTING THEM OVER!"


Initiative: 1d20 = 4

Action 1: Susan draws and turns on her Wilk's laser knife, letting her rifle dangle from its sling.
Action 2: Susan moves downstairs as quickly as possible, moving to/through the door between the lounge and the hangar.
Action 3: Entering the hangar, she says, "Lucy, please protect me with magic so I won't be disintegrated!" and moves across the room towards the person-sized door in the far wall.
Action 4: Over radio she thinks, "Cordelia, Blonde Co-Employer, Lucy and Blue-Hair follow me outside. We can better secure exits where we can see and it's dumb to follow Target's plans."
Action 5: Once outside, Susan radios, "Cordelia, Blue-hair and Blonde Co-Employer, stay at the corner where you can observe both sets of exits from the hangar. Lucy, come with me!" She takes off heading for the opposite (SE) corner of the building.
Action 6: She takes up position off the SE corner of the building, hopefully with Lucy, so that she can observe the South and East walls of the building. "Be aware of the fire escape. I expect it may come down there."

Parries: 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 18
Dodge (to be used against any ranged attack outside parry distance): 1d20+6 = 24, 1d20+6 = 12, 1d20+6 = 21, 1d20+6 = 23, 1d20+6 = 20, 1d20+6 = 11

CONTINGENCIES: If she runs into Blonde Co-Employer as she heads to the hangar, Susan says, "Please come with me. It's not safe in here." If Co-Employer attacks her, she defends herself but continues with the above, knowing how vulnerable she is without any armor. However, she also immediately mind-radios out, "All Employers must be considered hostile! I have been attacked!"
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:51 pm

Conditions wrote:Location: New Pudacah; 'Merctown'
Time: 11h:35m:15s (15 Seconds have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather: About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds


Amber readies herself for the inevitable conflict by activating her psionic body field, while similarly Lucille activates her own magical armor of Ithan. Both on the ground floor, Amber sees the silhouettes as her eyes adjust, though Lucille does spot Susan on the stairwell. Much to Lucille’s surprise, there is a dark figure next to Susan that she cannot identify.

Susan’s eyes do not adjust as quickly, though with the ambient light, she sees someone next to her and a pair of red glowing iris’s flash eye level with her as she feels herself get pushed down the stairs. Susan is barely able to catch herself by holding onto the rail. Jezebel clears the stairwell by leaping from the ground level to the catwalk above and spots a darkened silhouette that does not register on her heat scanner, Jez also saw this silhouette standing where Susan fell. Megan scans for heat signatures, only to come up with the same signatures as before. Susan, after catching herself, heads downstairs away from whatever pushed her.

Amber opens her mind’s eye to her surroundings and sees everything that cannot normally be seen, and using this radar-like mental vision, Amber sees the silhouette at the top of the stairwell where Susan used to be. Suddenly, there is a blinding flash of light as Lucille fires a Globe of Daylight which acts not unlike a flare amid the darkened interior. Jezebel is forced to close her eyes and the light nearly gives the Arismal a headache.

Megan spots the silhouette from the ground floor thanks to the light and it does resemble Harkin. She fires her grapnel weapon at it and is shocked as the intruder seems to swerve around it and seemingly begins to move towards Jez. Lucille then takes this time to cast Armor of Ithan on both Susan and Cordelia. Cordelia, after receiving armor of Ithan, remains on the ground floor near the entry way, armed with Brook’s widow-maker though nothing else.

As Jez recovers her eyesight and opens her eyes, she is surprised to see the intruder heading straight towards her. Ignoring her demands, a pair of red iris’s bleed through the face of Harkin as his hands extend and a sonic-like blast erupts and fires towards Jez. Jez dodges the blast before firing her own. Jez, aiming at the leg, fires and immediately sees that the leg she just hit is not a normal human. The blast from her widowmaker tears flesh off but does not slow down the intruder and reveals a metallic-like structure under the skin.

Amber attempts a bio-manipulation attack on the intruder but does not see any effect as the intruder does not slow down. Lucille tries to fire a magic net at the Intruder after armoring both Cordelia and Susan, but from the first floor, and it being on the second, is not able to get a clear line of sight. Susan beckons those near her to head outside with her and watch the exterior after getting her armor of Ithan, Brooks goes with her, leaving Valrun and Cordelia at the door.

Before Jez can fire a second volley, the Intruder B-lines towards one of the nearby windows and spearheads through it. The glass shattering as it dives out. Jez is fast and follows it to the window and sees it land outside and do a roll before sprinting towards the interior of Merctown. Brooks and Susan round the corner outside of the building just in time to hear the glass shatter from above them and watch as the intruder spearheads easily 75 feet away before landing, rolling and continuing full sprint towards Merctown.

GM Note: You can choose to pursue, but if you do not, you are not in combat. If you do, post combat-posts.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:22 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 84
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 99
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88% / 1d100 = 100 (trying to taunt the assassin into fighting)

Underguard wrote:Suddenly, there is a blinding flash of light as Lucille fires a Globe of Daylight which acts not unlike a flare amid the darkened interior. Jezebel is forced to close her eyes and the light nearly gives the Arismal a headache.

Megan spots the silhouette from the ground floor thanks to the light and it does resemble Harkin. She fires her grapnel weapon at it and is shocked as the intruder seems to swerve around it and seemingly begins to move towards Jez.

As Jez recovers her eyesight and opens her eyes, she is surprised to see the intruder heading straight towards her. Ignoring her demands, a pair of red iris’s bleed through the face of Harkin as his hands extend and a sonic-like blast erupts and fires towards Jez. Jez dodges the blast before firing her own. Jez, aiming at the leg, fires and immediately sees that the leg she just hit is not a normal human. The blast from her widowmaker tears flesh off but does not slow down the intruder and reveals a metallic-like structure under the skin.

Before Jez can fire a second volley, the Intruder B-lines towards one of the nearby windows and spearheads through it. The glass shattering as it dives out. Jez is fast and follows it to the window and sees it land outside and do a roll before sprinting towards the interior of Merctown. Brooks and Susan round the corner outside of the building just in time to hear the glass shatter from above them and watch as the intruder spearheads easily 75 feet away before landing, rolling and continuing full sprint towards Merctown.


Cybernetic freak! Shapechanging spook! I'm gonna frakking kill this monster! Jez's training beats down her instinctive, visceral repulsion towards the cybernetic assassin. He'll get his, but first an insurance policy so he can't ghost on us. Jez quickly grabs a tracer bug from her slung purse as she flips down her glasses and leaps from the window in a arc designed to land her well in front of the assassin based on his apparent speed afoot. If she has a clean shot at any point to shoot the same leg, she'll take it. Once landed, she'll quickly dash or hop to correct her course to plant herself squarely in the jerk's path. Forcefield, don't fail me now. If these dude's anything like those Thropo Cyborg-Warriors, he's gonna weigh a frak-ton. Once in his path she'll try to blast his already-damaged leg, and with her free hand open-palm swat the cyborg someplace out of eyesight to affix the bug on him. She tries to taunt and distract him by baiting him into further aggressive action. "Stand and fight, you cowardly freak!" Come on, girls, someone tag this frakker with a tracer, or snare his ass while I'm keeping him busy!

Initiative (+5 added): 1d20+5 = 20
Non-Combat Action: fish a Tracer Bug out of her purse with her free hand
Action 1: Flip down optic glasses
Action 2: Jump to land in front of the assassin. Strike: 1d20+6 = 13
Action 3-5 (conditional): Aimed, Called Shot with Widowmaker to damaged leg. Strike: 1d20+8 = 19, Damage: 1d6*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 6-8 (conditional): Aimed, Called Shot with Widowmaker to damaged leg. Strike: 1d20+8 = 18, Damage: 1d6*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 9: Restrained Punch/plant bug. Strike: 1d20+6 = 23, Damage: 1d4 = 1 M.D.
Action 10: Restrained Punch/plant bug. Strike: 1d20+6 = 19, Damage: 1d4 = 1 M.D.

Parries (+10 included):
1d20+10 = 12, 1d20+10 = 26, 1d20+10 = 22, 1d20+10 = 22, 1d20+10 = 22, 1d20+10 = 24, 1d20+10 = 15, 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 16

Auto-Dodges (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 24, 1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 11, 1d20+9 = 18, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 24, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 16

NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol: 4/-1 shot
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 31 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 21

Conditions: See the Invisible (Duration: 3m45s remaining), Sense Magic (Duration: 7m45s remaining), Armor of Ithan (40 MDC, Duration: 4min)

Well that went about as well as could be expected, Lucy thinks as her web goes wide and the Harkin-faced intruder escapes via defenestration. Having possibly but accidentally terrified Susan and Cordelia with her pistol of reinforcement, she follows Susan's motion to move outside and, with Jez in hot pursuit, decides to give change and try to get in range for another netting attempt. Through the rhythmic beat of her feet, she pushes her lanky limbs ahead at speed. I hope that Jez can slow him down, she huffs to herself as she readies her pistol.

Initiative: 1d20 = 15
Non-Combat Action: Give chase to the intruder to get with a 60' range (Speed 15, so about 75 yd/m per melee)

If Lucy gets in range:
Action 1: Fire a Blinding Flash (Range 60', 1 PPE)
Action 2: Fire a Blinding Flash (Range 60', 1 PPE)
Action 3-5: Fire Magic Nets until one is successful (Range: 60', AoE: 3m, 7 PPE)

Dodge any return fire 1d20+2 = 8, 1d20+2 = 13, 1d20+2 = 8

Otherwise:
Just keep running!
Last edited by Lucille Davis on Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 90/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:03 pm

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 36%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 9%

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.


Current Effects: Psychic Body Field (60 MDC, 11 minutes 45 seconds remaining), Mind’s Eye (Range 200’, 11 minutes 45 seconds remaining), See the Invisible (45 seconds remaining)

At the sound of the intruder smashing through the window, Amber turns and runs to nearest doorway and out into the daylight. AS she is running, she muses. Well, it seems to have gotten what it came for. No need for stealth on my part. As she runs out the door way, she will yell to anyone who is outside, “It just crashed through the window and is escaping! Head around the building and help us intercept it!” as she heads to the NE corner of the building. She tries to use her radar-like ability to locate the blur of the intruder and if she can get a clear, safe shot (not firing towards a guard post or with a building in the background) at the intruder, she will take several shots at it to try to slow it down.

Action 1, 2: Running out of building to NE side.
Action 3: Fire burst at Intruder: Strike: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2 = 18, Damage: 4d6 = 4d6 = 14 M.D.
Action 4: Fire burst at Intruder: Strike: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2 = 17, Damage: 4d6 = 4d6 = 19 M.D.
Action 5: Reserve for Dodging: 1d20+6 = 1d20+6 = 22
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 1

CONDITIONS: See Invisible, Armor of Ithan

Skidding around the Southeast corner of GIRLS headquarters, Susan looks up the alley to where the loud crash of Fake-Co-Employer busting through a window indicates its presence.

Initiative: 1d20 = 9

Action 1/2: Drops knife, says, "False Co-Employer, surrender and live!" Assuming this doesn't happen, called shot to the Jez-injured leg. Strike: 1d20+3 = 10 Damage: 3d6+2 = 14
Action 3/4: Continues shooting injured leg Strike: 1d20+3 = 14 Damage: 3d6+2 = 13
Action 5/6: Continues shooting injured leg Strike: 1d20+3 = 5 Damage: 3d6+2 = 16

Parries: 1d20+6 = 20, 1d20+6 = 19, 1d20+6 = 17, 1d20+6 = 7, 1d20+6 = 8, 1d20+6 = 23

Dodges (Against any ranged attacks outside Parry distance): 1d20+6 = 22, 1d20+6 = 10, 1d20+6 = 24, 1d20+6 = 13

CONTINGENCIES: If False Co-Employer surrenders, Susan covers it with her rifle, but otherwise holds it for interrogation. If shooting at False Co-Employer endangers civilians or team-mates, she doesn't take a shot. If the Jez-injured leg is destroyed, she shifts to the currently un-injured leg. If Armor of Ithan drops, she runs the hell away.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Cordelia » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 34

Cordelia is trying to bunker herself and Brooks into the reception area by the front door. She is making herself a decoy by looking like their new employer. She is doing a good job of keeping her wits about her. She only jumps a little bit when Lucille shoots her with armor from her gun.
She is not completely sure whats going on elsewhere in the hangar. She hears commotion. She hears Jez shouting.
The sound of breaking glass and its outside now. Cordelia runs to the door.
Its gonna get away.
SHe turns to Val and Brooks. "Lets go!" She darts into the hangar and to the vehicles. Salamander is not a chase vehicle. She looks around quickly. Lucilles Mountaineer. She jumps in. Cordelia has never driven one before. She has only ever driven her giant hovercraft RV. Im a smart educated woman. I got this. She psyc's herself up.
If it is possible to start the vehicle Cordelia will drive out of the hangar and after the subject, picking up Jezebel and Lucille along the way.
Cordelia/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 45/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 18/1d20 = 6
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye (Thermal Imaging, zooming), Amplified Hearing
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 24

Megan reels in her grapnel launcher and fires it at the rafters in the roof to zip line herself down to the floor. She runs to the door on the wall with the window that the imposter jumped through, spots him/she/it and Jez running towards MercTown itself, zooms in, and realizes that they are both running way too fast for Megan to stand a chance to catch up, so instead she decides to see what she can do to getting power to the hangar restored by locating where it had been disrupted and seeing whether she can fix it.

Action 1: Reel in Grapnel Launcher
Action 2: Fire Grapnel Launcher at rafters in the roof
Action 3: Zip line down to the ground floor. Climbing/Rappelling 1d100 = 16/62%/52%
Action 4: Run to door to see where the imposter is.
Action 5: Realize she doesn't stand a prayer to catching up with him or Jez
Action 6: Look for where power was disrupted (If found, General Repair and Maintenance to assess any damage 1d100 = 43/47%
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:57 pm

Location: New Pudacah; 'Merctown'
Time: 11h:35m:30s (15 Seconds have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather: About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds


[The Chase]
Jezebel flips hers optic glasses and in the second it took her to do that, sees that the assassin is continuing at a full speed dash; much faster than any normal human or superhuman she has ever met. Leaping from the window, she is able to land in front of the assassin and attempts to goad the assassin into fighting her. Much to her own surprise, her voice cracks mid sentence however the assassin doesn't seem to respond at all. It simply ignores her and does a sharp turn around her and continues towards the walls of Merctown, the wind from its speed actually moving Jezebel's hair. Taking aim, she fires two more shots with both seem to connect. It tears off parts of the overlay that covers the metallic underlay skeleton, but doesn't actually blow the leg off. She can see she's damaged it, but not hindered it. Jezebel also sees and hears several rounds whiz past her and impact the assassin in the back, it does not seem to react to the impacts.

All the while, the assassin charges ahead and nearly closes the distance on the wall. Jezebel can tell that this assassin is running faster than most land-borne vehicles drive and certainly faster than she's ever ran, and that it has one goal; to escape.

Field Run Map
Field Run Map.png


[Those giving chase]
Lucille, Susan, Amber and Cordelia try their hardest to follow suit with Jezebel's extreme speed.

By the time that Lucille gets all the way outside, both Jezebel and the Assassin are nearly the size of her thumb off in the distance, running across the large open field between the hangar bays and Merctown. In lieu of other ideas, she proceeds and gives chase, though can quickly tell it is futile.

Amber, after shouting out to those around her, tears around the building and levels two burst volleys at the assassin. She is fairly confident she hit, however it doesn't seem like it slowed the assassin down.

Susan tries to order the false-harkin assassin to stop, though the assassin ignores her completely. She fires three rounds at the assassin as Jezebel gives chase, though she's only positive she connects with one, with one of her rounds whizzing near Jez which prompts her to rethink her stratagem.

Coredelia figures a vehicle will be able to catch up to the assassin. While the Mountaineer is unlocked and doesn't require a key to start, it takes Cordelia a several seconds determine which button is actually the button the turns the vehicle on. The Engine roars to life, though she is still in the hangar.

Hanger Full View Map
Full View.png


[The Hangar]

Meanwhile, Megan determines rather quickly she has no hope in hell of catching the assassin and decides to go onto problem number two, what the hell happened to their power. Checking the primary generator in the back of the main hangar after her zipline, Megan can see obvious signs of sabotage though it is beyond her ability to fix quickly. Megan figures the building has a backup generator somewhere and checks the Workshop Area(2) where Lucille was working on the bullet.

Inside, she finds the backup generator completely disconnected though not destroyed. It'd take her a minute or two but Megan is confident she can reconnect the backup generator and at least restore basic power to the hanger until a full diagnostic can be done.

Close Up Map
First Floor Close-up View.png
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:09 am

Perception: 1d100 = 22 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 5

Susan watches the thing run away, and drops her rifle to her side, not wanting to hit Jez or, possibly, something farther out, considering the rifle's range.

Doctor of Cybernetics (to see if she recognizes the maker or general type of the exposed leg): 1d100 = 14 / 73%

She jumps on the radio, reaching out to the Defenders, "Defenders, this is Dr. Lee of registered company GIRLS, we are in pursuit of a dangerous fugitive currently heading towards the MercTown gate at the Southwest corner of the Hub. The fugitive is displaying one damaged cybernetic leg and otherwise looks like (describes Harkin). It is wanted in connection with murders plural. Ask Sgt. Harrison about the details of the case, she should vouch for us."

As she transmits this from her brain, she is already putting on her armor. 1d4+4 = 5 minutes.

She adds, "Be aware, subject likely won't show up on technological sensors."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:14 pm

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 2%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 74%

Radio: Basic: 45% = 1d100 = 61%

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.


Amber thinks, Damn, I’m sure I hit it and it didn’t even seem to scratch this thing down! What can I do to stop it? As it continues to speed away, Amber puts her head down and pumps her legs as she continues to follow it (and Jez) towards MercTown. She calls out on the secure comms as she runs. “If anyone has any bright ideas on how to slow this thing down, I’m all ears!”

If she is still within firing range (her TX-24 range is 550’) or gets back into firing range as the case may be, she will take any opportunity to do more damage to hopefully slow down the intruder. She will check her field of fire to make sure she is not endangering anyone other than the intruder before firing as they get closer to the city.

Action 1: Fire burst at Intruder: Strike: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2 = 15, Damage: 4d6 = 4d6 = 18 M.D.
Action 2, 3, 4: Pursuing the intruder towards MercTown.
Action 5: Fire burst at Intruder: Strike: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2 = 17, Damage: 4d6 = 4d6 = 18 M.D. or continue pursuit as case may be.
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:06 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 51
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance

Okay, Jez. One last chance to stop this cyberfreak before he hits the gate like a whirlwind. Jez leaps across the distance to plant a swift kick in the quarry's backside. For frak's sake, Jez, you're practically flying. Shit. I'm gonna have to wash my own dishes from now on. Susan's gonna be tryna lift my DNA from everything after seein' this shit. As she (presumably), strikes the cyberfreak, Jez slaps the tracer bug squarely between his shoulder blades and tries to distract from the action with a loud prejudiced curse. "Die, you metal monster! Vengeance for my people!" If the bug-planting worked, and assuming the freak isn't destroyed or crippled, Jez will pretend to have injured her ankle with the leap kick, and roll on the ground clutching her ankle with a hopefully persuasive look of pain on her face. Invoke Trust: 88% / 1d100 = 21

If she managed to disable the cybernetic freak, she'll seize it in a bear hug and hold onto it for dear life until the Defenders or the GIRLS show up.

Initiative (+5 added): 1d20+5 = 11
Non-Combat Action: Plant the tracer bug on the freak if her Leap Attack succeeds
Action 1-2: Leap Kick EP Crit Strike Damage: 2d6*11 = 110 M.D. (x2)
*Actions 3-4: play lame bird
*Actions 5-10: Pursue freak from a distance, using the rooftops as cover and trusting to the Defenders' competence and her own Stalker Suit's attributes to keep her safe from electronic detection. Surveillance 70% / 1d100 = 60, Tracking: People 70% / 1d100 = 41

*assuming the freak isn't destroyed or crippled

Parries (+10 included):
1d20+10 = 25, 1d20+10 = 25, 1d20+10 = 29, 1d20+10 = 16, 1d20+10 = 24, 1d20+10 = 26, 1d20+10 = 30, 1d20+10 = 16, 1d20+10 = 14, 1d20+10 = 14

Auto-Dodges (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 18, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 18
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Cordelia » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 59
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 12


I got it started!
Cordelia is still impersonating Brooks. She just cant do his voice.
If the hangar door is open Cordelia will put the vehicle in gear and drive out.
If the door is shut, the power is out. Cordelia will jump out find a manual release and push the door open. Then drive out.

Cordelia will then honk at which ever team mates are outside. "Get in loser, we're going shopping!" she shouts out the door.

She will wait for who ever gets in. Lucille ran after Jez and the assassin. Cordelia attempts to give pursuit.
She floors the Mountaineer and steers it toward where she sees Jezebel disappearing in the distance.

She stops for Lucille and immediately begins apologizing.
"Let me begin my 3 part apology by saying how beautiful you are. I need you to drive I don't know how to drive this thing. But whatever we need to hurry Its getting away."
Cordelia/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 60 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 96

Conditions: See the Invisible (Duration: 3m30s remaining), Sense Magic (Duration: 7m30s remaining), Armor of Ithan (40 MDC, Duration: 3m45s remaining)

Lucy huffs, and puffs, and... lowers her gun down to her side and wipes the sheen from her brow, coming to a halt, hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath. "Damn," she wheeze, "this Harkin-bot is one fast..." She turns suddenly at a sound from behind her. "...was that the Mountaineer kicking over?" Oh the HELL someone's trying to steal my ride! She gives one last glance back at the pin prick of a man disappearing into the looming walls of Merctown proper. And! A leaping valkyrie of vengeance and death! Get 'em boss!

She turns back towards the base, and raises her pistol. Out of her helmet speakers, she roars, "Whoever avhe skator is in my mountaineer better think twice, before I rain down fire and lightning and incinerate the flesh from your bones!" Too much? she wonders and she walks purposefully back toward the hanger, aligning her sights to appearance location of the rumbling of her engine.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 90/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 100/1d20 = 14
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye (Zooming and Thermals as needed), Amplified Hearing
Init: 1d20+8 = 13

Megan looks around the room for a moment then thinks to herself What in the blazes am I doing in here when the fight is out there? Then begins to remove her armor so she can get suited up in her Wild Weasel.

Action 1-6: Remove ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor

(OOC: I'm not entirely sure how long the removal process is)
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:31 pm

Conditions wrote:Location: New Pudacah; 'Merctown'
Time: 11h:40m:30s (5 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather: About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds


[The Chase]

Jezebel watches as the assassin extends the distance on her from and takes advantage of her superior leaping ability. As the assassin reaches the Merctown all and starts heading towards the nearest gate, the Arismal leaps. Covering ground much faster and further than her normal run could take her, and she connects to the square of the assassin's back and amid her connection, plants a tracer on the body before kicking off. The impact drives the assassin forward nearly fifty feet as it slams into the side of the wall.

Jezebel notices something when she makes contact, while she felt clothing and skin, her foot stings from the hardened subsurface of the metallic structure underneath it all. Falling back in a ruse of pain to her leg, the assassin recovers and continues on, not even looking back at her, though she can tell she seriously damaged the thing as it struggles to get its pace back going. She’s also sure that its only goal is to escape, not fight.

It rounds the corner to the gate as Jezebel hears the call on the radio from Susan to the Defenders. When Jezebel rounds the corner, however, she sees the Defenders at a heightened state of alertness, though the assassin is nowhere to be seen. Her tracer does show the assassin as being inside the walls. Jez looks back and sees the Mountaineer rolling up and picking up both Lucille and Amber before it heads her way.

[Further behind]

Amber continues her pursuit and quickly finds the assassin out of her weapon's range, though she continue to follow. Lucille, on the other hand, stops and catches her breathe as she hears the Mountaineer roar to life and leave the hanger. As she turns around to the hanger, she sees the Mountaineer heading directly towards her. It pulls over besides her and sees the body of Cordelia with the face of Brooks as she hears Cordelia's voice call out to her telling her to get in.

Moments later, the pair also pick up Amber as the Mountaineer is much faster than Amber is on foot. It takes about another couple of minutes for them the trio to reach the wall.

[Back at the Hanger]

Susan calls out to the radio as she begins the long process of getting into her armor, something the scientist is not all that accustomed too yet. She hears clatter down below. Megan strips from her Stealth Armor and can get into her Wild Weasel in the time it takes for Susan to become fully armored.

The pair of GIRLS finds Brooks in the hanger tending to James. He looks at the pair of them and waves them down. "Hey, your boy woke up for a couple seconds then passed back out. And that other redhead grabbed the mountaineer before speeding off to the gate. My vic isn't here but I can call my sister to bring it here to give us a lift to follow your crew if you want?"


GM Notes:
Jez can choose to jump in the Mountaineer or go solo. If tailing, post applicable skills.
The Mountaineer can also enter Merctown from this gate
No longer in combat.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:51 am

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 89
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 13
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance
Underguard wrote:[The Chase]
Jezebel watches as the assassin extends the distance on her from and takes advantage of her superior leaping ability. As the assassin reaches the Merctown all and starts heading towards the nearest gate, the Arismal leaps. Covering ground much faster and further than her normal run could take her, and she connects to the square of the assassin's back and amid her connection, plants a tracer on the body before kicking off. The impact drives the assassin forward nearly fifty feet as it slams into the side of the wall.

Jezebel notices something when she makes contact, while she felt clothing and skin, her foot stings from the hardened subsurface of the metallic structure underneath it all. Falling back in a ruse of pain to her leg, the assassin recovers and continues on, not even looking back at her, though she can tell she seriously damaged the thing as it struggles to get its pace back going. She’s also sure that its only goal is to escape, not fight.

It rounds the corner to the gate as Jezebel hears the call on the radio from Susan to the Defenders. When Jezebel rounds the corner, however, she sees the Defenders at a heightened state of alertness, though the assassin is nowhere to be seen. Her tracer does show the assassin as being inside the walls. Jez looks back and sees the Mountaineer rolling up and picking up both Lucille and Amber before it heads her way.

Jez quickly merges her tablet computer into herself and routes the information from the tracer bug to her optic glasses. She quickly gets up and strides towards the defenders with her pistol in her harness. She calls out to the Defenders, "Ho there! Jezebel Faux of General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services. I'm pursuing a deadly criminal for Sergeant Harrison. Tell your blasted mind-benders to read me quickly. I'm tracking the assassin. Oh, he ran right past you, by the way." This jerk can somehow go intangible, maybe? How the hell does he manage that? He's a cyber-freak! Jez will pause only long enough to be allowed to pass through the gate before moving at whatever pace is necessary to keep up with the assassin. Jez texts those GIRLS with the ability to receive such. Assassin might be able to go intangible. Either that or he rushed right past the guards without them noticing. He's in Merctown already, near my location. Tracking him now. He's hurt, but he's likely a full-blown cyborg. If we're to track him down, we'll likely need to be inconspicuous. Defenders at the gate made aware. Get hold of Sergeant Harrison and update him.

Relevant info for tailing this bastard
Intelligence 78% / 1d100 = 23
Surveillance 70% / 1d100 = 73
Tracking: People 70% / 1d100 = 95
Undercover Ops 70% / 1d100 = 41
Tracer Bug: This is a tiny device, about the size of a checker, which has a sticky or magnetic side that can be attached to a vehicle or slipped into a person's pocket, back pack, briefcase, etc. It can transmit a signal that can be followed up to 8 miles away. Battery powered, it has a limited life of 72 hours of constant transmission.

Jezebel wrote:Notes
  1. 2.5 Million Credit Bounty
  2. Brooks & Harkin: Initial contacts (brokers for an independent agent)
  3. Assassination Locations: The Palace Hotel & Casino, Ambassador Suites, Celestial Dragon, Spokes Hotel, Flirts, Mystic Medicine Clinic, The Crimson Dragon, The Sphinx & unicorn Tavern, Cyber Street Tenement, Nightcrawlers, Hangman's Hotel & Tavern
  4. Dig up info on Dorian Aerihman & find out his connection to this "revolutionary development"
  5. Flirts: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings?
  6. Crimson Dragon: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings?
  7. Silver fluid: what is it? how is it related to the manner of death and the killings?
    • Then confer with Sgt. Harrison about what's been learned and any associations with the killings (find any connections)
  8. Sokr'aa Uestud: D'norr, assistant to Zo'Wor; innovator in tech/magic? Killed @ Devilman Arms
  9. Dorian Aehriman: associate of Sokr'aa, last seen at Flirts w/Sokr'aa; innovator in tech/magic? Killed @ Crimson Dragon
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 60%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 30%

Lore: Psychics & Psionics 35% = 1d100 = 3%
Lore: Magic 35% = 1d100 = 66%
Lore: Demons & Monsters 45% = 1d100 = 36%

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.


Amber catches her breath as she catches a ride in the back of the Mountaineer as they follow the intruder/assassin and Jez back into the city. Several thoughts race through her mind as she thinks of what they should do next. “Has anyone called the Defenders or Sergeant Harrison to let them know we are incoming in pursuit of this ‘thing’ and what is going on? I only have secure comms and the Defenders won’t be on our cipher.” She pauses to hear the other passengers’ replies before continuing. “And has anyone heard from Jez to tell us where we are going?”


Think, girl, think. What can do what this thing did. She thinks as she attempts to go over in her mind any type of creature, psychic or magical ability that could possibly do what this being seems to be able to do. She muses aloud as they travel. “What the hell is this thing anyway? It seemed like Jez hammered it and it didn’t even slow down, well other than hitting the wall, I guess.” She chuckles a bit at that visual. “Do either of you have any ideas ladies or what this thing could be?” Amber will listen to any theories put forth by Lucille or Cordelia.
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 49 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 38

Conditions: Sense Magic (Duration: 2m30s remaining)

Obscured momentarily by the sight of her pistol, Lucy finds Brooks in her cross hairs, but with the familiar voice Cordelia requesting her to get in. "Gruumsh girl! If you so much as grind a gear on my ATV, well..." she holsters her pistol and climbs in, "I don't even know what, just you take care of her now." Good thing I didn't fry 'her' on sight - could have busted out a window!

Amber Dach wrote:“Do either of you have any ideas ladies or what this thing could be?” Amber will listen to any theories put forth by Lucille or Cordelia.

Lucy furrows her brow, "Well, hiuk moavher’uk, I've met some 'borg legs in my day, but... this one seems... welp, down right unusual."

Mechanical Engineer 64% / 1d100 = 20 (to pitch some ideas about cyborgs)
Electrical Engineering 64% / 1d100 = 16
TW Construction 90% / 1d100 = 98 (...and how cyborgs might be able to go intangible)

Lucy will begin bouncing off of whatever Amber and Cordelia spew forth.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 90/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 95 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 65

When Susan finishes getting into her armor, she looks at Co-Employer, confused. "I'm not familiar with your slang of a 'vic' unless you mean a victim. But if you mean a vehicle, then yes. I will need to go to MercTown one way or another."

She jumps on the radio again. "Commander, do you want me to join you in your pursuit, or should I go ahead to a better lab?"

Whatever Jez answers, she waits for Co-Employer's (now maybe just Employer?) vehicle to arrive and take her to the MercTown gates. If she has the go-ahead to pursue further research, Susan tries to get in touch with Harrison in order to get access to nanite-testing facilities in the hospital and, perhaps, someone with specific nanite-programming expertise there.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:53 pm

(rolls carried over)
Susan Lee wrote:"Commander, do you want me to join you in your pursuit, or should I go ahead to a better lab?"

Jez texts back in reply through her merged phone, Get to a better lab. Get the answers, Susan, I'll get the perp. Tell the others to be inconspicuous. If I can figure out where he's heading, I'll direct them accordingly. Remind me that we should all have phones and radios after this job is done.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Previous

Return to G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest