GIRLS in Merctown

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:24 am

**rolls held**

Lucy glances over at Amber after dodging the next pothole. "I got myself a little bit of the mind magics as some might call it, yes ma'am. Seems like pulling these here images out of my mind for the others would go a heck of a way better than my rather poor descriptions." She giggles with another set of images flashing through her head "I mean, have you seen Cordelia's attempted drawings! So yeah, sure, better to spread this knowledge around!" She pulls the wheel hard to the right to avoid hitting some old lady or other at a cross walk. "But yeah, maybe after we get to wherever it is we're going."
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 90/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:26 pm

Conditions wrote:Location: New Pudacah; 'Merctown'
Time: 11h:20m (about 10 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather: About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds


[Quiet in pursuit; Jez on the Prowl]
Jezebel

Jez finds a few sideways glances from passersby as she leaps to the top of the building and sends her tracking data to the UHF Freq before merging with her remaining electronics and beginning her prowl. The bug she planted is working it's magic and the target is now transmitting closer to the Spokes and still moving, North, Northeast. Jezebel's keen tracking instincts seem to indicate that the target is likely heading to the Warrens, and is at the northern most part of the Hub at the moment. Keeping a healthy distance away, the target either doesn't think anyone is tailing it or doesn't care.

Amid Jezebel's following, she sees an impressive Hovercraft land in front of the Merctown State Hospital with Brooks and Susan hopping out of it.

[The Mountaineer]
Amber, Lucille, Cordelia and somehow, Megan.

Amber offers Cordelia directions, which are followed, and it leads them straight back to the Hanger where Megan hops in, though Susan elects to ride with the employer, Brooks and his sister. The four see the rather impressive hovercraft take off and fly much further and faster than the Mountaineer goes, but now there are several vehicles on the move.

Turning around, Cordelia swaps seats with Lucille and then the four of them converse while they make their way to the main gate. When Lucille goes into greater detail about her vision, describing the bald, pale-skinned, mouthless man. Both Cordelia and Megan know immediately that it is what is known as a Naruni commonly, at least, it's what people deal with regarding Naruni. On thinking on it, Megan remembers that the race described by Lucille is called the Uteni, according to hearsay but she can't be positive without a more concrete source. The second being described draws a blank for everyone.

They make it to the main gates rather quickly, though they no longer know where Susan and the Hovercraft is. When they arrive, Lucille drives past the line to the Defenders and is waved past them after a quick search of the vehicle. It seems the Defenders aren't actually stopping traffic from entering, they are just stopping it from leaving. The four make a quick stop at the Spokes Hotel where Amber was staying so she can grab her equipment.

While the trio wait in the mountaineer for her, Amber is flagged down by the receptionist. "Hey! Checkout was at 11am! Either pay for another night or give me your key!" And Amber realizes she missed checkout by about twenty minutes and the lobby is quite full of people.

Unfortunately, no one has a cell phone in the mountaineer, so they miss Jezebel's tracking information. However, Lucille's radio does pick up Jezebel's message however it comes off as slightly staticy as if the delivery system wasn't designed for that use, Lucille still can interpret the message.

[Fly, Susan, Fly]

Susan jumps in the Crusader Hover vehicle and Sharee gives her a curt but appreciative nod as she takes off. When inside, Susan is taken aback by the space and mobility of the vehicle. It could easily hold all of the GIRLS current roster comfortably with storage space she thinks.

Brooks moves to the front and hovers over Sharee as she pilots, the two talking. "Yo, you know the Defenders have MT on Lockdown right now. Only traffic is allowed in. I'm lucky I was out when you called." Sharee mentions.

"No, I hadn't. Jezebel, the leader of the crew we hired to help, chased the thing we think is killing everyone inside the wall. They went in through the Hub, and we can stop at the Hospital." Brooks answers.

"Got it. Hey, Glasses? Got a name?" Sharee asks and Susan can see deep black eyes staring back at her from the small D-bee girl before she looks to Brooks. "Hey, where's Carl?" She asks him and Susan can see Brooks shift uncomfortably.

"Honestly, not sure. Probably back at the hotel trying to track this thing but he's off radio..." He says, muttering the last bit. There is then an awkward silence between the two as after a few minutes, they land in front of the hospital. As they arrive at the hospital, Susan receives something of a databurst on her radio from Jezebel but it's hard to track without the proper equipment. She does get the gist of the tracking burst that the target is currently heading towards the Spokes.

Brooks looks to Susan and offers her to leave. "I'll go inside, I figure it's best if no one splits up entirely. Except your super boss." He says. He glances back to Sharee who shakes her head.

"I'm staying with baby but I'll stay parked. I'll try to raise Harkin on the radio." Sharee answers and with that, Brooks and Susan hop out in front of the Hospital.

What're you doing?
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:52 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 40
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 85
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance
Underguard wrote:[Quiet in pursuit; Jez on the Prowl]
Jez finds a few sideways glances from passersby as she leaps to the top of the building and sends her tracking data to the UHF Freq before merging with her remaining electronics and beginning her prowl. The bug she planted is working it's magic and the target is now transmitting closer to the Spokes and still moving, North, Northeast. Jezebel's keen tracking instincts seem to indicate that the target is likely heading to the Warrens, and is at the northern most part of the Hub at the moment. Keeping a healthy distance away, the target either doesn't think anyone is tailing it or doesn't care. Amid Jezebel's following, she sees an impressive Hovercraft land in front of the Merctown State Hospital with Brooks and Susan hopping out of it.


Jez bounds down to near Susan, Brooks, and the impressive hover vehicle. "Get on the horn and notify the Defenders that the frakker looks to be headed towards the security gate between the Spokes and the Warrens. Still tracking this shit-stain; gotta jet." She bounds off to continue tracking her quarry, mindful to maintain a safe distance. Gotta find out where this frakker is hiding out. Catch the freak with his cyber-pants down.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 73 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 61

"...so MercTown's on lock down, with a 'borg killer on the loose, and," Lucy's forehead scrunches, and accent thickening, with her disbelief, "y'all be tell'n me that we don't got no way to contact Jez." She eyes each of them between driving dodges in case someone has just forgot they have their cell phone, say, just in their hand, or on their head. I'm of a mind to just turn this here ATV around and head back... but we can't get out of town! What a confuukion aav ukixeuk agh ukevenuk roavaven.
Gobbley
confuukion aav ukixeuk agh ukevenuk roavaven = confusion at sixes and sevens rotten (idiomatic for 'a hideous mess')
She takes a deep breath. "Alright y'all, anyone know of a payphone round here? Or they got one of them phone automats... er, ah... vending appliances on the street here?" Lucy starts to think back about her MercTown travels. Phone. How did I leave my phone? Need to find a phone.

Roadwise (MercTown) 1d100 = 26 / 26% (to think of how to get in touch with Jez)
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 90/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:55 pm

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 53%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 100%

Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100 = 61% (to mollify the receptionist into letting the lateness slide)
Land Navigation 54% = 1d100 = 28% (to find a shop that sells phones)

Amber shrugs as she hears the name of the possible race behind Naruni Enterprises. “Never heard of the Uteni before but it is a place to start.” She thinks for a minute. “You know, I’ll have to try to find a photo of the Splugorth and see if the tales were true what they look like too.”

As they pull up in front of the hotel, Amber hops out the door and says, “I shouldn't be long. Give me 10 minutes. Max.” As she is running through the lobby towards the stairwell and her room beyond, she pauses at the sound of the receptionist’s voice. As she passes the front desk and heads towards the stairs, she puts a repentant look on her face and holds her hands out, “I am so sorry I am late checking out. I will be out of the room as soon as I gather my gear. I will return your key in a few minutes.” She will continue toward the stairs before the receptionist can say anything to her.

As she heads up the stairs, she thinks. At least I have only been here two days and haven’t really unpacked yet. I would hate this if I had been here a couple of weeks. She uses the key and enters the room and quickly locates all of her gear and clothing that have gotten spread out around the room over the past two days. Dammit! Where is my toothbrush? Ah, there it is. She works quickly as she crams things into her bags. I can figure out where everything is later. She does a quick scan around the room before she leaves for the lobby and satisfied she has everything, she runs back down the stairs to the lobby and hands the receptionist her key. “A thousand pardons.” She says with a bow. “I am sorry about being late checking out, but I have to run. I should be paid up. Here is the key.” Barring any late fees, she takes off again to the waiting Mountaineer and throws her gear in the back before hopping back inside.


Lucille Davis wrote:"...so MercTown's on lock down, with a 'borg killer on the loose, and," Lucy's forehead scrunches, and accent thickening, with her disbelief, "y'all be tell'n me that we don't got no way to contact Jez." She eyes each of them between driving dodges in case someone has just forgot they have their cell phone, say, just in their hand, or on their head. I'm of a mind to just turn this here ATV around and head back... but we can't get out of town! What a confuukion aav ukixeuk agh ukevenuk roavaven.
Gobbley
confuukion aav ukixeuk agh ukevenuk roavaven = confusion at sixes and sevens rotten (idiomatic for 'a hideous mess')
She takes a deep breath. "Alright y'all, anyone know of a payphone round here? Or they got one of them phone automats... er, ah... vending appliances on the street here?" Lucy starts to think back about her MercTown travels. Phone. How did I leave my phone? Need to find a phone.



“Sorry, Lucy. I’ve only been in town two days and haven’t had the need or funds to get a cell phone. This all came about rather suddenly for me. I like being prepared, but…” As she tails off, she shrugs. “I’ll keep my eyes open for a shop that sells them. Should be some place in the Spokes that sells them.”
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 27

"I'm Doctor Susan," Susan replies to Sharee on their drive over. "It is a pleasure to meet you. I'm sure, uh, Harkin is just out of touch. Yes."

When Jez drops out of the sky, she jumps about 3 feet in the air and starts to go for her rifle before realizing what's going on. Then she salutes and says "Aye aye, commander! I think there's some kind of communications issue across the team, though. Here, take my Wilks radio, I have one in the armor. I'll reach out to the Defenders again - I've been trying to contact them..."

She pauses, "Oh! As a warning, I didn't recognize the manufacture of the target cyborg. My guess is that it's either entirely alien make or so cutting edge it looks alien. And I believe it's killing with nanites, which may well be able to kill you if they penetrate an EBA. I can't be sure without further research, which is what I'm going to do now!"

Susan then calls the Defenders on her radio to relay the information Jez gave her, and again tries to get Sergeant Harrison on the line so she can receive expedited access to an appropriate lab/equipment in the MercTown hospital.

If Susan can't get Harrison, she goes into the hospital and asks whoever's at reception to speak with the superintendant or whoever would have proper authority to access the medical nanite lab. "We're pursuing an investigation in cooperation with Sergeant Harrison of the Defenders. Please feel free to contact them to confirm. If you have anyone who can examine the programming of the nanite sample I have, that would also be helpful."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Cordelia » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 36


Cordelia is confused again. That isnt what she described to me before. "My drawing wasn't that bad. And I can draw an Uteni better than that."
She turns away with her feelings hurt. She quickly drops it. "It would make sense though, they love technology.
Whatever is giving it these abilities is probably some new tech."
She ponders in silence as she tries to hear the radio. She only hears that no one brought a cell phone. Cordelia has not bought one since arriving at Merctown. She was afraid that her old one she had in school would not work here and got rid of it. It seems necessary now.
The mountaineer stops in front of a hotel.
"If we're gonna be here a while there is a computer place about a block or two down. I could run there and get a phone. I need one anyway. Does anyone know Jezebels number though? "
Either way they seem dead in the water. Well, sally forth. Cordelia bolts as fast as she can towards the computer store to see if they have cell phones.
Cordelia/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 74/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 6/1d20 = 2
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other:

"That sounds like one of the Uteni, I think they are called?" Megan blurts out before continuing, sheepishly looking around. "From the stories that I have heard from my uncle, the Uteni are the most common race people interact with when dealing with Naruni Enterprises, especially in regards to sales and orders. That other creature is a total mystery to me."

When Cordelia talks about getting a cell phone from a computer store up the road from the hotel, Megan says "I'll come you because I need one as well." While they walk, Megan says to Cordelia "Don't be too hard on yourself about the drawings. It's tough to draw what is in someone else's head, especially if they forget a detail or two the first time."

After purchasing a basic cell phone with a one month plan and makes sure it's charged and activated, she give Cordelia her phone number and says "Make sure to give this to everyone in the truck and have them text or call me when they get their own phones, as well as Susan and Jez when you can catch up to them. I'm heading back to casino from last night trying to track down a lead, that is assuming that I can enter the Warrens District with all of this going on."

Megan heads strait for One Eyed Jacks and asks to speak to a manager concerning her raffle prize she won last night.
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:35 pm

Location: New Pudacah; 'Merctown'
Time: 11h:30m (about 10 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather: About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds


As soon as Susan and Brooks hop out of the hovercraft, Susan spots Jezebel run up to her and give her the low down, and Susan gives Jez her small walkie and relies on her armor's to contact the Defenders. Susan swaps a theory with Jezebel and Jezebel bounds off again.

[Who doesn't like a visit to the Hospital; Susan and Brooks]

Susan tries for a few minutes to raise Harrison and does connect to a Defender. "Defenders RRF, Kale here. Harrison seems to be off radio; she took a squad to search out this target you mentioned before. We spun up, sorry for not responding with a message receipt, it's been hectic now that there's been a positive ID on the target. I'll try to connect the sergeant to you." He responds and Susan explains her theory.

After another minute or so, Susan hears the familiar female voice of Harrison. "Miss Lee? Yes. We appreciate you giving us this information. I can call ahead to the hospital but they are a separate entity from the Defenders so we don't have unanimous authority to grant you access. Just head over, a small contingent is stationed there. I'll call them" Harrison answers.

Susan enters the hospital and sees two defenders near the receptionist area speaking with the receptionist, who nods in agreement. As she approaches, the two defenders wave her down. "Miss Lee? Who's your friend?" One of them asks, pointing to Brooks. Brooks wastes no time and introduces himself. "Name's Brooks. I'm contracted with the GIRLS on this assassin." The defender looks at Brooks through his faceplate. "Uh-huh. Well. The Hospital will grant you the use of one of their labs but not indefinitely. Harrison just called in got them to agree to half an hour before they boot you and take the space for something they have planned on their schedule. We'll stay in the hallway while you're here. Follow us." The defender explains and leads Susan and Brooks down several floors.

Susan is sure their at least two floor beneath the surface and sees several hallways with lab-coats walking in several directions, all looking sideways at her and Brooks as they are escorted by the Defenders. "Think of this as their high security section. While down here, you can't go in any lab other than the one you've been granted access too. Here." The Defender stops at a large pair of double doors titled RSL-004 and opens the door.

Susan almost has a heart attack, the lab is more set up than anything she has come across before with the most high end equipment and space available. "30 minutes." The defender reminds her and closes the doors behind them.

[The Mountaineer; Lucille, Cordelia, Megan and Amber]

Amber runs up and handles the check-out of the hotel while those in the Mountaineer discuss. The receptionist at the hotel mean-mugs her the whole time as if she committed a felony being half an hour late, but otherwise waves her off as she grabs her gear. She returns promptly with her equipment, tosses it in the back and jumps back in to confer with her newfound allies.

Lucille, furrowing her brow in disbelief at how ill-prepared her own team is manages to remember a key detail. Any Defender outpost, of which there are many, would have a radio and/or a phone and could easily get in touch with Jezebel, or at the very least, Susan. Lucille also knows of at least one small tech outlet that sells burner phones on this road when it's mentioned by the others.

Amber also remembers passing several small tech shops that sell basic cell phones for anywhere between 50-100 credits on a pay-per-minute plan; burner phone types. Not much but perfect for the average mercenary. One of them is just a block down the road and would take the mountaineer less than a minute to get too.

Coredelia briefly talks about the Uteni before suggesting she run off to get a phone from a place a block or two away. Megan hops out to go with Cordelia and as the two begin to head out, Amber realizes they are going in the opposite direction she remembers walking past the storefront that sells them for cheap.

[On the Prowl; Jezebel]

During the ten minutes of relative radio silence for Jezebel, after receiving Susan's Wilks Walkie-Talkie. Jez tracks the signal to the Warrens, specifically to the corner of Raveshome Road and Butcher Lane. It's stops moving near a cluster of buildings right before the Hangman's Hotel & Tavern and suddenly, the signal vanishes. Jezebel, keeping a comfortable distance away and relying on the tracker, is unable to see which house or building her quarry ducks into before the signal drops but she knows its on that corner.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:38 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 60
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 50
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance; merged with radio
Radio: Basic 110%+25%=135% / 1d100 = 90 (find the Defenders' police band frequency [in case Jez doesn't already know it])
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88% / 1d100 = 77 (to solicit an honest answer from persons in the lobby & not evoke any suspicion regarding her presence)
Interrogation 95% / 1d100 = 20 (to solicit an honest answer from persons in the lobby)
Tracking: People 70% / 1d100 = 23 (to note any clue of the subject's recent presence & direction of movement)
Detect Ambush 85% / 1d100 = 95 (to note any blind intersections or other places where the subject might be lying in ambush)

Underguard wrote:Susan gives Jez her small walkie and relies on her armor's to contact the Defenders. Susan swaps a theory with Jezebel and Jezebel bounds off again.
[On the Prowl; Jezebel]
During the ten minutes of relative radio silence for Jezebel, after receiving Susan's Wilks Walkie-Talkie. Jez tracks the signal to the Warrens, specifically to the corner of Raveshome Road and Butcher Lane. It's stops moving near a cluster of buildings right before the Hangman's Hotel & Tavern and suddenly, the signal vanishes. Jezebel, keeping a comfortable distance away and relying on the tracker, is unable to see which house or building her quarry ducks into before the signal drops but she knows its on that corner.

Jez merges with the radio and stashes her MTE phone back in her holster. Excellent, Susan. Now I've a practical and more powerful means of transmission and coordination. You're strange, but you're definitely my number two on this planet. Jez scans the radio frequencies looking for the Defenders channel as she pursues the target to the corner of Ravenshome Road and Butcher Lane. She keys up first on the GIRLS freq, "GIRLS, Temptress. I've tracked the subject to the corner of Ravenshome Road and Butcher Lane in the Warrens. The subject is in the area of the Hangman Hotel & Tavern. I just lost his signal. I'll be relaying this information to the Defenders, but expect you to do so as well. Coordinate with the Defenders and have that block secured. No entry and no exit. Make it FAST. I'm going in through the front door. Temptress, out." Jez will communicate the same essential information to the Defenders if she's able to raise Harrison or one of the other Defenders on their channel.

Jez leaps to near the front of the Hangman's Hotel & Tavern, and stows her gear appropriately, only remaining merged with the radio. She then makes sure her trench coat is covering her harness and gear before walking in. Time to look totally normal. Jez strolls into the front door of the hotel and takes a good look around. If there's anybody present, she'll walk casually up and ask them if they've seen a person enter recently meeting the description of the subject she's been tailing.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:52 pm

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 34%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 8%

Radio: Basic 45% = 1d100 = 6%

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.


As Amber watches Cordelia and Megan heading the wrong direction to where she knows there are cheap phones, she pipes up. “Woah, hold on ladies! There is a place that sells cheap burners for like 50 creds. It’s down here about maybe a minute drive down the block here. I know exactly where it is.” She points down the street to the tech shop she saw during her walks around the neighbourhood. “I need one too, so hold up.”

Once they get to the shop and purchase the phones (she will want to get a fully charged phone if possible), she will head back to the Mountaineer and try to get it set up with everyone’s info. She will immerse herself in figuring out the new phone as they travel wherever Megan decides to drive them too next while keeping an ear open on the secure comm unit for any communications from Jez.

Jezebel wrote: Jez merges with the radio and stashes her MTE phone back in her holster. Excellent, Susan. Now I've a practical and more powerful means of transmission and coordination. You're strange, but you're definitely my number two on this planet. Jez scans the radio frequencies looking for the Defenders channel as she pursues the target to the corner of Ravenshome Road and Butcher Lane. She keys up first on the GIRLS freq, "GIRLS, Temptress. I've tracked the subject to the corner of Ravenshome Road and Butcher Lane in the Warrens. The subject is in the area of the Hangman Hotel & Tavern. I just lost his signal. I'll be relaying this information to the Defenders, but expect you to do so as well. Coordinate with the Defenders and have that block secured. No entry and no exit. Make it FAST. I'm going in through the front door. Temptress, out." Jez will communicate the same essential information to the Defenders if she's able to raise Harrison or one of the other Defenders on their channel.


Once Amber hears Jez's voice on the secure radio, she will reply. "Roger that. On our way. We will relay to the Defenders. See you in a few. Out." Once she is done replying to Jez, she says to Megan and Cordelia. "You guys catch all that? I'm going to gear up as we head to the Warrens. Someone want to call this in to the Defenders while I gear up?" She starts pulling her body armour out and strapping it on. It figures it is in the Warrens, she thinks to herself. This could get messy.

(1d4+4 = 8 minutes to put on body armour.)
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:00 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 9

Susan pulls a muscle in her neck holding herself back from yelling at Sergeant Harrison when the good Defender says "Miss Lee."

When the Defenders at the hospital call her the same, she chokes long enough for Brooks to introduce himself, which is good, since she legitimately has no idea what his name is.

"IT. IS. DOCTOR. LEE. THANK YOU," she says. Calming down, she continues, "As he said, this is my associate River Brooks. He is a sort of bodyguard. Considering what's happening on this investigation, we're pursuing a robust partner safety policy."

When shown the lab, she is giddy with delight until they tell her she has half an hour. "I am not a nanites expert, although I have some skill in that area. Is it possible to find a consulting on this? I believe it crucial that we identify a counter to this technology if my theories on these murders are correct."

Regardless of the answer, she sheds the gloves of her armor and gets down to business.

OOC: I don't know what's going to potentially apply here - if you want Medical Doctor or Pathology, let me know!

Cybernetic Medicine: 1d100 = 60 / 73%
Computer Programming: 1d100 = 24 / 53%
Artificial Intelligence: 1d100 = 75 / 41%
Lore: D-Bees (in case Susan can ID the maker): 1d100 = 29 / 68%
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Cordelia » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 65
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 73

Cordelia is bouncing, almost running when she hears her name called. She stops for Megan.

“Woah, hold on ladies! There is a place that sells cheap burners for like 50 creds. It’s down here about maybe a minute drive down the block here. I know exactly where it is.” She points down the street to the tech shop she saw during her walks around the neighbourhood. “I need one too, so hold up.”

Cordelia stops and looks around. She definitely needs a map or two. She waits impatiently for the rest of the group. She gets to the cell phone store and looks for the best cheap phone she can find. A pink one.
She is ready to go. phone calls now, fancy stuff later.
"Lets go. The hunt is still on. lets get him."
Cordelia is still bouncing.
Cordelia/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 62/1d20 = 12
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other:

When Amber tells them to hold up, Megan is initially annoyed until Amber explains that there is a closer kiosk that sells phones. Must have popped up in the past few months... Megan thinks to herself before hopping back in the vehicle. At the kiosk, she buys the most basic phone that can make phone calls and text messages. That is all she needs at this point. When they go back to the Mountaineer, Amber looks to her to drive, to which she replies "There are way too many civilians for me to feel comfortable driving this thing in town. The only vehicles that I actually know how to drive are tanks and hovercycles. What about you, Lucille, do you know how to drive this thing?" Then they get the radio call from Jez and thinks to herself That's damn convenient that I was already wanting to go to the Warrens anyway, although it looks like I will have to put my project on the back burner for the moment.

Megan hops into the vehicle and sees Amber getting armored up and just sighs to herself. Once more into the breach I go, practically naked. This time I actually had armor I had been wearing, but Jez had advised us to not wear armor into town because we wouldn't blend in as well. Well FUCK THAT! I'm not leaving the hangar without some sort of armor on, and I currently only have the one suit of non-powered armor. So unless she's going to pay for me to have a less conspicuous suit of armor, that's what I will wear to town! she sullen thinks to herself.

She exchanges phone info with the rest in the truck when she finally comes to Cordelia, watching her bounce like a giddy child on Winter Solstice Eve. "Did someone slip some Mexican Jumping Beans in your food this morning, girl?"
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:09 pm

Location: New Pudacah; 'Merctown'
Time: 11h:40am (about 10 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather: About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds



[The Hangman's Tavern]
Jezebel and Millicent

Jez is able to key into the Defenders frequency as she makes her way into the tavern. The area around the tavern is one of the seediest parts of Merctown and she certainly feels as though she could be shot at for looking at one of the patrons the wrong way. Walking past the area where the signal died, she notes a small cluster of a dozen or so houses in the area that are potentials; all broken down shacks of houses and look extremely uninviting. Jezebel sees nothing that warrants her immediate scrutiny, as all the passersby seem to be keeping their eyes to themselves and moving on with their business. The Hangman's tavern has four people out front of it, hanging out in a group around a burning barrel, smoking and holding liquor glasses: all armed and looking rather unfriendly. They pay her no mind as she approaches the tavern entrance.

Slamming another empty glass on the bar table, Millicent finds herself unable to drink away her frustrations at the quickly imposed Lockdown of Merctown. Unable to get to her Grease Monkey for her daily tune-up time, she resigns to drinking at the first low key and cheaper joints in town. Truly, a cesspool of some of the more unwelcoming types of the Merctown Warrens, here at least, no one paid her any mind. Her drinking partner had been rambling on about a group of rowdy neighbors that were shoot first and shoot again types. That is, before he passed out on the stool next to her. Apparently, this low bar mercenary had not had a good night’s sleep in weeks as the neighbors, as he describes them, took ownership of a house near his and fire pop rounds and anyone who even looks at their abode. As Mill waves over the barkeep for another round, she hears a new patron enter the room. From her corner, she sees what can only be described as a supermodel with an attitude walk in; gun strapped and goggles on even indoors with a flair of purple hair. As this person enters, Mill's drinking partner for the day slumps to the floor and rambles about needing more sleep.

Jezebel enters the Hangman's tavern; her eyes immediately catch someone slump to the floor in the corner of the bar and she spots a redheaded woman looking at her as she enters. Glancing around the rest of the room, it is one of the seedier places the arismal has visited since her arrival into Merctown. Not somewhere one would just hang out without a purpose. Off in one corner, she sees a pair of men in plastic-man armor, smoking and trading hushed whispers. Both men glance at her for but a moment, then return to their conversations. The rest of the bar is populated by relative loners, with over a dozen tables that can easily sit four having no more than one or two patrons at them. The bar table itself is only occupied by three, one of whom is now resting in a drunken stupor on the ground near the redhead. As far as Jezebel can tell, no one in the bar pays her any mind. She does not see any sign of undue discourse, and the atmosphere of the bar itself permeates unease.

Acting like nothing more than a street-wandering mercenary to avoid suspicion, Jezebel slowly, though confidently, approaches the bar and takes a seat. Jezebel watches the surly looking barkeep refill the redhead’s glass before approaching her with a glass that he places in front of her. Leaning onto the counter, the Barkeep looks Jezebel up and down before scoffing and shrugging his shoulders. "What's a gal like you doing in a place like this?" He asks in a gruff voice. Jez does notice that the redhead seems to be paying her some attention, but that could be just because she is easy on the eyes and something new in this seedy bar.

What are you doing?

[The Mountaineer]
Lucille, Amber, Megan, Cordelia

Amber points out the direction of the shop and the mountaineer heads over. The four gather a set of burner phones at hardly any cost, all straight off the charger stands and loaded with the basic Merctown signal card. They will be useless outside of Merctown, but good for in-town communication; each phone has a card for 100 minutes preset. (Total is 200 cr)

Jumping back into the Mountaineer, Amber checks her phone and manages to jailbreak it on the fly; while not as powerful or versatile as a professional walkie-talkie or armor radio, it can now pick up several dozen radio frequencies only while within Merctown. Satisfied she can now stay connected; she begins to suit up while Megan mentally chastises herself for not wearing her stealth armor. Lucille drives the Mountaineer towards the Warrens. After they enter the Warrens, Amber notes no one has yet relayed the information and calls it in herself.

She hears a cackle on the radio band of the Defenders from her phone, while with heavy static, she can hear the response. "GIRLS. Kale here. We'll cordon the area, but we can't afford to go in force to the Warrens, too many loose triggers. It'll be easier if your outfit goes ahead; we'll move in slowly as to avoid arousing unnecessary conflict; if you put out the SOS we'll move in fast and in force. Kale Out." A Defender responds.

The GIRLS Mountaineer is just entering the Warrens near Cyber Street Clinic and Men of Metal, located on Cyber Street. The location Jezebel mentioned is on the other side of the Warrens.

What are you doing?

[The Hospital]
Susan (and Brooks)

Susan is visibly disturbed by the Defenders not using her title, though they do not seem to react as she seemingly shouts back at them. When asked about consults, the Defender looks to his ally and shrugs. "I'll see if I can't find one. Stay put and see what you can do on your own, no promises on finding one that isn't preoccupied, but I'll try. My partner, Johns, will wait outside." He responds and leaves them too it.

When alone in the room with Brooks, Brooks turns to her and watches her get down to studying begins examining the vile she still has (luckily).

After familiarizing herself with the equipment in the room, she first finds the centrifuge and loads the vile in it to separate the blood from the silver liquid. The process takes less time than normal as she is separating a foreign liquid from a blood sample and not the red blood cells from platelets. She takes separated liquid to a microscope and examines the silver liquid with heavy scrutiny.

Her initial theory, at least a part of it, is confirmed. The silver liquid is a collection of millions of nanites, nanotechnology. All of which seems to be defunct now. On a quick glance, this is more advanced cybernetics than anything she has seen or even heard of on earth. She cannot be sure how the nanites operate initially, if controlled by an intelligence or just following a sort of program but they are highly sophisticated and certainly of an alien design. She does not see any identifying marks, but she is aware that only alien manufacturers such as Naruni have the technology anywhere near, and even this seems to be beyond what they currently offer to the public.

Susan is broken out of her train of thought by the sound of Brooks. "Anything I can do to help?" He asks, genuinely and Susan can see he is peering over her shoulder with legitimate interest in her work.

What are you doing?
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:04 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 16
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance; merged with radio
Language: American 87% / 1d100 = 5 (to converse with the locals clearly without sounding like an outsider)
Barter 66% / 1d100 = 29 (negotiating with the bums)
Interrogation 95% / 1d100 = 13 (pumping the locals for info)
Charm/Impress: 60% / 1d100 = 19 (to smooth the way for discourse)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88% / 1d100 = 79 (to set the proper tone for discourse, questioning, and negotiation)

Underguard wrote:The Hangman's tavern has four people out front of it, hanging out in a group around a burning barrel, smoking and holding liquor glasses: all armed and looking rather unfriendly. They pay her no mind as she approaches the tavern entrance.

Jez stops next to the four bums and digs out a box of cigars from her purse. There's only five left inside. Radda's wind blows true. She smiles, pulls out one of the cigars, and whiffs it under her nose. "Men, I've only got four more of these delicious morsels. Care to make a deal? I'll give each of you one of them if you can tell me what you've seen the last ten minutes. And if you'd give me a holler inside the Hangman should a 'borg flee the area, I'll pay you hard scrip."
Underguard wrote:Jezebel enters the Hangman's tavern; her eyes immediately catch someone slump to the floor in the corner of the bar and she spots a redheaded woman looking at her as she enters. Glancing around the rest of the room, it is one of the seedier places the arismal has visited since her arrival into Merctown. Not somewhere one would just hang out without a purpose. Off in one corner, she sees a pair of men in plastic-man armor, smoking and trading hushed whispers. Both men glance at her for but a moment, then return to their conversations. The rest of the bar is populated by relative loners, with over a dozen tables that can easily sit four having no more than one or two patrons at them. The bar table itself is only occupied by three, one of whom is now resting in a drunken stupor on the ground near the redhead. As far as Jezebel can tell, no one in the bar pays her any mind. She does not see any sign of undue discourse, and the atmosphere of the bar itself permeates unease.

Acting like nothing more than a street-wandering mercenary to avoid suspicion, Jezebel slowly, though confidently, approaches the bar and takes a seat. Jezebel watches the surly looking barkeep refill the redhead’s glass before approaching her with a glass that he places in front of her. Leaning onto the counter, the Barkeep looks Jezebel up and down before scoffing and shrugging his shoulders. "What's a gal like you doing in a place like this?" He asks in a gruff voice. Jez does notice that the redhead seems to be paying her some attention, but that could be just because she is easy on the eyes and something new in this seedy bar.

Jez smiles and shows all her teeth. In a low voice she answers, "I'm tracking down my ex-boyfriend. Gonna put three holes in him if he's quick, five if he's not." She leans in close and whispers in a barely audible tone. "Maybe you've seen him in the last ten minutes? A cyborg with a bit of a limp who looks like [include further description]?" She slides her black card out of a pocket and onto the bar. Her hand remains on top of it.

Underguard wrote:"GIRLS. Kale here. We'll cordon the area, but we can't afford to go in force to the Warrens, too many loose triggers. It'll be easier if your outfit goes ahead; we'll move in slowly as to avoid arousing unnecessary conflict; if you put out the SOS we'll move in fast and in force. Kale Out."

Jez will wait until an opportune time when no one's paying attention to her to quietly reply, "Understood, Temptress out."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Millicent Mayeux » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:23 pm

Perception vs 56%:1d100 = 35
JIC:1d20 = 13|1d100 = 37

Milly’s day sucked. 2 days into a 4-day contract and the entire town goes on lockdown. If I am lucky, I’ll be able to get in the last half-day’s work. She glowers into her drink as her new ‘friend’ continues to prattle on about his loud neighbors. She takes her eye off her drink and him for one moment to call the bartender over and the man slumps down, snoring softly. Millicent sighs. That’s the company I keep. At least he is asleep.

Hello. Her eyes catch the newcomer walking into the bar. With purpose. Now what does a well fed broad like want in a place like this? Maybe she wants her car fixed. Millicent smiles at the stupid thought, watching the woman make her way straight to the bartender, then look her straight in the eye. Fuck. Was I smiling when she looked at me? Millicent takes a drink and hides her head.

she isn’t even looking at me. Dumbass. Millicent finally looks up from her drink to see the woman lean in and begin speaking in quieter tones to the bartender. How much money is she offering him? And for what? Fuck, is something going down? Millicent takes a moment and reaches behind her, comforting herself that her pistols were still on her toolbelt. She hadn’t needed anything more than her wrench for the past week here. Milly would rather keep it that way. It was just her level of seedy; Any more bullet holes and she would probably have to find a new bar.

Priorities. Millicent takes a large drink of the beer in front of her, nearly finishing the second half of it in a single gulp. ”Another one. And some whiskey.” Millicent burps, then calls out to the bartender. Watch. I am being paranoid. The lilac spook will get her information, leave, and that will be that. Millicent doesn’t feel so confidant however. Her fingernail scratches the bars surface as she waits for her new drinks.
Last edited by Millicent Mayeux on Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:17/17
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:31/31

Armor:Ultra-300 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit
  • Helmet:35/35
  • R. Arm:10/10
  • L. Arm:10/10
  • Body:25/25
  • R.Leg:14/14
  • L.Leg:14/14
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:39 am

A few minutes pass

Mini-Update
Jezebel and Millicent

[Prior to entering to Tavern]

The four bums turn and look at the supermodel approaching them, and Jez can get a solid look at each of them now. All of them are wearing some sort of knock off armor, such as Bandito or knock-off Northern Gun. The four look like obvious degenerates, with two of them having long duster coats and some style of rimmed hat, while the other two are hooded or the like. When Jez offers the cigars as a means to break the ice, one of the ones in a duster steps forward and eyes her down.

"Huh." He starts with a low grunt and takes the cigar. One of the men behind him speaks up. "Give the gal a break, Jason." Prompting the one who took the cigar to roll his eyes and wave his hand, motioning her into their circle so the others can take the offering.

After lighting them up and taking a few puffs, the one Jez identifies as Jason speaks. "Deal accepted. Saw a resident run over there." He points to the cluster of houses before the Tavern, where Jez's signal died and takes another puff. "Ran past the first series of houses, so if he's your quarry, likely one of the back houses near the wall." He states.

One of the hooded ones speaks up, and Jez can only assume he's on an exorbitant about of caffeine or just jittery. "Yeah! And, like, he was moving real, real, real fast! Like, it was *Zoom*! I ne'er seen someone run that fast! It was real, real-" His explanation is interrupted by Jason hitting him on the back of the head making him fall to his knees.

"Yeah, real fast. Give or take a real." Jason finishes, obviously irritated at his companion who is now rubbing his head. Jason looks to Jez. "You got hard creds, you'll have eyes should we see anything. No promises though." Jason adds and takes a drink out of a flask.

Jez determines she's got all she can from them for the time being and heads inside


[Inside the Tavern, at the bar]

The barkeep looks at Jez and lets out a hearty laugh. "Oh, shit. Hate to be the man running from you, sweet stuff. Well, ain't no one come in here like that recently." He states and moves away to refill Mill's drink

Millicent, while nonchalantly listening in, does recognize the description Jez provided but not from seeing him. Her drinking partner described him as one of the degenerates from the shoot first and shoot again house. While she isn't sure what is going on, Mill gets the inkling that this lilac spook isn't looking for her boyfriend but possibly her target.

Jez does notice the redhead taking an unmistakable interest in her presence, moreso than the others around the bar, anyways.

What're you doing?
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Millicent Mayeux » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:34 am

Perception vs 56%:1d100 = 85
JIC:1d20 = 11|1d100 = 49

The fresh beer and shot gives the Operator a chance to reassess the situation. Maybe this merc isn’t bad news. She could be my chance at a paycheck, or at least a free drink. ”Hey. Playmate.” Millicent downs the shot, quickly chasing it with some beer. She still scowls at the bite of whiskey. ”I might know where your boyfriend is. Rowdy fella by all accounts.”

A plan starts to form in Millicent’s mind. She could be drinking for free tonight. If she handles this correctly, she could also milk a few more drinks out of her unconscious pal when he realizes how helpful she had been in fixing his sleeping problem. ”Tell you what.” Just get what you want, you don’t need much here. She probably has a big slush fund. Millicent snakes her hand behind the bar and lifts a bottle of whiskey up. ”Settle my tab tonight, and I’ll show you where he is myself.” Milly moves to put the bottle in one of the side pockets of the backpack resting against the bar at her feet.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:17/17
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:31/31

Armor:Ultra-300 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit
  • Helmet:35/35
  • R. Arm:10/10
  • L. Arm:10/10
  • Body:25/25
  • R.Leg:14/14
  • L.Leg:14/14
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:19 pm

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 38%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 15%

Land Navigation 54% = 1d100 = 24%
Streetwise 43% = 1d100 = 3%

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.



Upon hearing the message from the Defenders and Jez’s short reply, she thinks, Hmm, Temptress. They must have codenames for security when in the field. I’ll have to figure one out for myself. It needs to be something exotic and interesting though. To make sure that everyone knows the situation she relays the message she heard from the Defenders to the others in the Mountaineer. “The Defenders can’t enter the Warrens without causing a ruckus, so we are on are own.”

Amber does some quick calculations in her head as they rumble through the streets and tries to come up for an ETA to The Hangman's Tavern. Hmm, across the Warrens should take, what 5 minutes or so? I haven’t spent much time here. Maybe double check with the other girls first, then update Jez on our ETA. She says to the other girls, “So, what do you girls think? About 10 minutes until we get there? I can update Jez and see where she wants us since we are basically on our own out here.” Once she hears the others opinions she will send a text to Jez and let her know they are on the way. About 5 minutes out, Temptress. Let us know where you want us. A.

Amber keeps her eyes peeled looking for signs of danger from the gangs she has heard prowl the streets in the Warrens in an effort to keep them out of trouble before they reach the larger trouble they are travelling towards.

(OCC: Subtracted 50 credits from Amber's Black Card for Burner phone purchase)

(OCC: Double posted JIC rolls below)
1d100 = 99
1d20 = 17
1d100 = 16
Last edited by Amber Dach on Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:02 pm

(rolls carried over)
Underguard wrote:[Prior to entering to Tavern]
After lighting them up and taking a few puffs, the one Jez identifies as Jason speaks. "Deal accepted. Saw a resident run over there." He points to the cluster of houses before the Tavern, where Jez's signal died and takes another puff. "Ran past the first series of houses, so if he's your quarry, likely one of the back houses near the wall." He states. One of the hooded ones speaks up, and Jez can only assume he's on an exorbitant about of caffeine or just jittery. "Yeah! And, like, he was moving real, real, real fast! Like, it was *Zoom*! I ne'er seen someone run that fast! It was real, real-"
[Inside the Tavern, at the bar]
The barkeep looks at Jez and lets out a hearty laugh. "Oh, shit. Hate to be the man running from you, sweet stuff. Well, ain't no one come in here like that recently."
Millicent wrote:"Hey. Playmate. I might know where your boyfriend is. Rowdy fella by all accounts. Tell you what. Settle my tab tonight, and I’ll show you where he is myself.” Milly moves to put the bottle in one of the side pockets of the backpack resting against the bar at her feet.

Jez slides her black card to Milly and ignores the barkeep. She looks to the broad at the bar. "Great, pay your frakking tab and meet me outside with the card." Jez strides back outside. She tosses the cigar box in the fire after extracting her last Ursa brand cigar from it.

Sidling over to the four guys by the trash fire, she asks for a light. "Last cigar I got, boys. Damn shame. Hope you enjoy yours, and thanks for the tip. I gotta broad inside said she's gonna show me the way to that speedy jerk's place. You holler at me from across the street if she's full of shit. Either way, I figure you earned a better reward than a good cigar for the tip. She's coming outta there with an unsecure black card. You divvy it up as you see fit amongst yourselves." She looks each of them slowly in the face. "But if I hear tell of three dead guys in the warrens, whoever's left will be joining them in a hurry. Ya get me?" She puffs on her cigar and looks at their faces again, this time a bit deeper. These sorry sons of bitches look to be in as bad a place as I was when I got to this frakkin' rock...or very nearly anyway. "Go rent a room or two at a decent hotel, get some food in you, maybe some decent clothes. If you're interested in some work, swing on by the Prouse Memorial Airport and look for the big hangar near The Flight Room. Maybe we can come to an arrangement."

Amber Dach wrote:Once she hears the others opinions she will send a text to Jez and let her know they are on the way. "About X minutes out, Temptress. Let us know where you want us. A."

Jez keys the radio she's merged with with merely a thought. She expels the radio into her free hand and says, "Nugget, Temptress, I copy your last. You get the GIRLS down to The Hangman's Tavern ASAP. I've got two intel vectors on the target. I'll monitor the suspect premises until you arrive--and nugget? I'm an impatient bitch, so get here fast. Temptress, out."

When Milly emerges with her tab paid Jez will direct her to give the black card to the four guys who were helpful. She'll then add, "Show me where the jerk is hiding, but don't make yourself visible to the location. We've got backup coming. No need to give away that he's been cornered."

Rolls for surveilling the place in case necessary
Prowl 90% / 1d100 = 90
Surveillance 70% / 1d100 = 12
Tracking: People 70% / 1d100 = 44
Undercover Ops 70% / 1d100 = 1
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 35 / 32%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 55

Susan tries to figure out if Brooks is waiting to shank her, but decides that it's unlikely with the Defenders immediately outside the door.

"A little space, please, Mr. Brooks," she says, then shakes her head. "Unfortunately, unless you are an expert in nanotechnology, I do not believe there's much you can do to assist at this stage. My initial theories have been proven correct. The target is using nanites to burn out cybernetics and biological systems. This is highly advanced. I'm not sure who could even produce something like this, although the practice seems like a fairly straightforward modification of medical nanites to... murder nanites."

Susan stops and thinks for a moment. "We cannot possibly match the quality of these machines. So I propose we follow Northern Guns example and simply have MORE of them. Reprogrammed to attack external nanites. I believe this is the only technological counter to the particular threat. It may also explain the replacement version of your partner. Certainly an advanced nanite-based disguise is at least theoretically possible."

"We'll need just a whole bunch of nanites. So very many. And maybe a strong directional EMP generator as backup."

SOMEONE should be able to reprogram a dozen IRMSS kits...
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Millicent Mayeux » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:08 pm

Perception vs 56%:1d100 = 45
JIC:1d20 = 20|1d100 = 19

Jezebel wrote:Jez slides her black card to Milly and ignores the barkeep. She looks to the broad at the bar. "Great, pay your frakking tab and meet me outside with the card." Jez strides back outside. She tosses the cigar box in the fire after extracting her last Ursa brand cigar from it.

That worked? That worked. Of course that worked girl. Millicent smiles, her night making a turn for the better. ”You heard the movie star. Settle my tab please.” Milli gives the bartender a wide, shit eating grin as she hands him the black card. Once the card is back in her possession, Milicent will shoulder her backpack and pick up her helmet in one hand before she makes her way out of the bar, a small hop in her step, even with all of her tools weighing her down.


Jezebel wrote:When Milly emerges with her tab paid Jez will direct her to give the black card to the four guys who were helpful. She'll then add, "Show me where the jerk is hiding, but don't make yourself visible to the location. We've got backup coming. No need to give away that he's been cornered."

Millicent will begrudgingly hand over the black card- something she had stashed in one of her more secure pockets. ”Don’t spend it all in one place boys… Unless it’s the bathhouse.” she will wink at them with a scrunched upper lip.

To Jezebel, Millicent will smile and offer a small shrug betraying the aliens comfort in being overly burdened for one of her stature.”Oh, don’t worry about me.” Millicent adjusts one of the heavy backpacks shoulder straps and tightens the waist clasp. ”Hate to say it sister, but you on the other hand…” how do I put this tactfully? ”Your complexion is rather fine grained for this side of town if you get my drift. It shouldn’t matter. We will hear your boyfriend and his buddies well before we see them. They have become rather popular around her lately.”

As Millicent begins talking she will start walking down the road towards the housing units her drinking friend lived in. This shouldn’t be hard at all. Just down the street and around the corner… ”So what did this guy do to warrant your attention? Most mercs on these streets are much more…” Millicent runs out of words. ”Dirty.”

She goes silent for a long moment. ”Your man should be just around the corner up ahead.” She pauses to listen for the sounds of roudy craziness she is expecting. If she does hear it she will bring the noise to Jezebels attention. ”Hear that? That should be your man and his buddies as we speak.” She will move to continue towards the corner.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:17/17
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:31/31

Armor:Ultra-300 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit
  • Helmet:35/35
  • R. Arm:10/10
  • L. Arm:10/10
  • Body:25/25
  • R.Leg:14/14
  • L.Leg:14/14
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:48 am

Perception: 1d100 = 13 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 70

Lucy pulls herself out of a driving daze to find herself entering the southwest of the Warrens with a new phone and 50 credits poorer. Woah, hope my drivin's been ok. Girl, you got to stay focused!

Underguard wrote:She hears a cackle on the radio band of the Defenders from her phone, while with heavy static, she can hear the response. "GIRLS. Kale here. We'll cordon the area, but we can't afford to go in force to the Warrens, too many loose triggers. It'll be easier if your outfit goes ahead; we'll move in slowly as to avoid arousing unnecessary conflict; if you put out the SOS we'll move in fast and in force. Kale Out." A Defender responds.


Well, so much for the likely much needed back up. Lucy zones in on getting to their destination. "Everyone keep buckled up, these wheels will get us over there. And if ya see something, say something for Mummu's sake!"

Roadwise (MercTown) 1d100 = 65 / 26% (to navigate the mountaineer to Ravenshome Rd and Butcher Ln while avoiding trouble)

Amber Dach wrote:Amber does some quick calculations in her head as they rumble through the streets and tries to come up for an ETA to The Hangman's Tavern. Hmm, across the Warrens should take, what 5 minutes or so? I haven’t spent much time here. Maybe double check with the other girls first, then update Jez on our ETA. She says to the other girls, “So, what do you girls think? About 10 minutes until we get there? I can update Jez and see where she wants us since we are basically on our own out here.” Once she hears the others opinions she will send a text to Jez and let her know they are on the way. About 5 minutes out, Temptress. Let us know where you want us. A.


As they rumble through the Warrens, Lucy begins to wonder. "So, we've got about 5-10 and y'all gals seem to know a thing or two. What's the plan when we get there? I'm guessing rushing in guns a'blaz'n wouldn't be all that wise." That invisibility spell would be useful right about now. Yeah, invisibility - make the whole mountaineer disappear before your very eyes! A whole squad of unseen mercs to stalk out a rogue 'borg! They'd never see us coming... Of course, she realizes, this isn't a plan.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 90/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:08 pm

(rolls carried over)
Milly wrote:”So what did this guy do to warrant your attention? Most mercs on these streets are much more…” Millicent runs out of words. ”Dirty.”

Jez smirks to hear this. "He's an assassin whose capture will net my company a hefty sum. Help me catch him, prove yourself useful, and a cut of that could be yours." This one seems hungry. Excellent. Everything to gain and little to lose is always a recipe for results. "So whatcha bring to the table other than an affinity for being in the right place at the right time?" Jez keeps her senses open to her surroundings and the presumed target area. She doesn't want to tip off the assassin early enough to enable him to escape again.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Millicent Mayeux » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:45 pm

Perception vs 56%:1d100 = 80
JIC:1d20 = 6|1d100 = 46

”Bullshit.” Millicent elicits an immediate response. It is quickly apparent she second guesses herself. ”Really, some fuck form down here is doing all that?” Millicent pauses and continues to walk a few steps down the sidewalk before her brain reminds her: the lady just offered you a job. You might have a days’ worth of drink, but if her corporate gig can fund you? Girl, strop talking to yourself.

”What can I do?” Millicent scoffs. ”You haven’t seen a faster ‘tech this side of Quebec.” The operator will stop mid stride, turn around and look Jezebel up and down rather intently. ”You’re smooth lady. I’ll give you that. But you have corporate stamped all across that pretty little cheek of yours. Let me guess: you are geared with the best tech NG or Naruni has to offer under that fancy Heavy-Weight coat of yours.” Millicent pauses to makes sure she is keeping stride with Jezebel, even walking backwards. ” What whoever is equipping you doesn’t know is that a personal ‘tech can give you measurable results over the ‘return & repair’ policies the corps are offering these days. What do you drive? Wait, don’t tell me. I guarantee you I can get another max 20kph out of any vehicle you are driving at least. What kind of gun do you have under that coat? Factory manufacturing means alignment is never optimal; It would be simple to increase your comfortable range of engagement by at least 5%, probably 10.”

Millicent twists on her heel and falls in stride with Jezebel. ”Lets not forget the fact that you humans tend to think my kind are rather quick.” She winks and motions to the two pistols she has set up for quick-draw. "And don't get me started on anything bigger. I can pilot a bot as well as well as I can keep it in fighting condition; I have experience in the arenas and also against the Bugs"
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:17/17
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:31/31

Armor:Ultra-300 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit
  • Helmet:35/35
  • R. Arm:10/10
  • L. Arm:10/10
  • Body:25/25
  • R.Leg:14/14
  • L.Leg:14/14
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:22 am

(rolls carried forward)
Millicent Mayeux wrote:”Really, some fuck form down here is doing all that?”

"I doubt he's 'from here,' but yeah." Jez replies succinctly in answer to her incredulity. Keep up the chatter, kid. The more noise the better to confound his cybernetic senses.
Millicent Mayeux wrote:”What can I do? You haven’t seen a faster ‘tech this side of Quebec. You’re smooth lady. I’ll give you that. But you have corporate stamped all across that pretty little cheek of yours. Let me guess: you are geared with the best tech NG or Naruni has to offer under that fancy Heavy-Weight coat of yours. What whoever is equipping you doesn’t know is that a personal ‘tech can give you measurable results over the ‘return & repair’ policies the corps are offering these days. What do you drive? Wait, don’t tell me. I guarantee you I can get another max 20kph out of any vehicle you are driving at least. What kind of gun do you have under that coat? Factory manufacturing means alignment is never optimal; It would be simple to increase your comfortable range of engagement by at least 5%, probably 10.”

Jezebel response is laconic as she's keeping her senses attuned to the area, "I buy what works."
Millicent Mayeux wrote:”Lets not forget the fact that you humans tend to think my kind are rather quick. And don't get me started on anything bigger. I can pilot a bot as well as well as I can keep it in fighting condition; I have experience in the arenas and also against the Bugs"

Jez doesn't disabuse Milly of her assumption regarding Jez's genetic origins. Assumptions are expensive, kid. I hope you learn before you have to pay for one. "You can drive 'bots as well as fix 'em? Excellent. I've no aptitude with repairs myself. What are these 'bugs' you speak of?" Jez is listening to Milly, and responding in kind, but is quite clearly keeping her eyes and ears peeled.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:21 am

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: On Boing-Go!

Susan goes over her options to counter this threat in more detail and realizes the extreme expense of an effective counter using current technology.

Raising her voice to a near yell, "Is everyone an idiot? How did no one come up with a counter to this very obvious application of nanites?!?"

She takes a moment to compose herself and turns to Mr. Brooks. "My apologies. I believe that my initial plan will not work unless you are able to front approximately half a million credits in funds to acquire enough low-grade nanites to fight these very good nanites. If you're willing to make that kind of purchase, we may be able to come up with a workable solution. Otherwise, I suggest you get inside EBA or a magic forcefield of some kind as long as we are facing this threat."

She walks out to the Defenders guarding the room and says, "Please inform detective Harrison that it was murder by nanite. They have been programmed to destroy tissue and/or bionics. All Defenders engaging with the target will need to be in EBA, have regenerative capabilities, or similar precautions taken. I also believe the target to be invisible to technological detection, though that is currently unconfirmed."

Susan then walks out of the hospital, putting on her gloves and helmet, and activating the radio once she's safely away from the "No Cellphones!" zone. Then she mind-talks on the secure GIRLS channel, transmitting both a weird audio version of her voice and text that displays directly in any active HUDs.

Doctor Susan Radio is back on the air, bringing all you cool cats and kittens the latest news. DO NOT ENGAGE WITH TARGET UNLESS IN EBA OR PROTECTED BY A MAGIC OR PSYCHIC FORCEFIELD! Hrm. Target is using nanites to fry meat and bionic parts, it is possible that magic countermeasures would be effective, but I... do not possess expertise in that field. LUCY.

Commander's powers may or may not be effective against this threat. Technology is almost certainly advanced off-Earth in origin. Electricity or EMP should also fry the nanites, but I haven't identified a means of producing such at this time. Am getting into vehicle to rendezvous with the rest of the team.

Repeat, stay buttoned up and don't eat or drink anything until threat is neutralized.


When Susan gets to the vehicle, she gets in, makes sure Sharee is visible on her technological devices, and, if she is, says, "Sharee, you won't like this, but we need to go to the Warrens. Please. And, uh, do you have EBA or some other nanite-proof defense? Otherwise you'll need to stay in the car."

CONTINGENCIES: Assuming nothing else happens, Susan asks Sharee and Brooks to take her to meet the Megan/Lucy/Cordelia group in the Warrens.

If someone provides the huge amount of nanites Susan is looking for, she reprograms them to attack nanites not from their hive (no idea how you do that!):

Cybernetic Medicine: 1d100 = 9 / 73%
Computer Programming: 1d100 = 85 / 53%
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Millicent Mayeux » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:16 pm

[Rolls carried]

Jezebel wrote:"You can drive 'bots as well as fix 'em? Excellent. I've no aptitude with repairs myself. What are these 'bugs' you speak of?" Jez is listening to Milly, and responding in kind, but is quite clearly keeping her eyes and ears peeled.


"You haven't heard of the Xiticix? Biggest threat to the continent if you ask me. Where have you been? I mean, even the CS is starting to mobilize against the hives." Millicent continues. "I got hired straight out of the arenas to aide in field repairs and provide battlefield support. My PA is currently on lock-down, due to whatever is happening tonight. I wish I could have kept my Ogre. That was a nice piece of metal. This lock-down really ruined my prospects. My supervisor said he could get me something more permanent with the city, but after this lock-down, who knows. Maybe Ill see if I can get onto a gladiator crew, don't see the CS having much sway in the fights here; D-Bees should be able to fight without any hoops."
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:17/17
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:31/31

Armor:Ultra-300 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit
  • Helmet:35/35
  • R. Arm:10/10
  • L. Arm:10/10
  • Body:25/25
  • R.Leg:14/14
  • L.Leg:14/14
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 79/1d20 = 17
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye (looking to see who I can only see with my natural eye)

Underguard wrote:[The Mountaineer]
Lucille, Amber, Megan, Cordelia

Amber points out the direction of the shop and the mountaineer heads over. The four gather a set of burner phones at hardly any cost, all straight off the charger stands and loaded with the basic Merctown signal card. They will be useless outside of Merctown, but good for in-town communication; each phone has a card for 100 minutes preset. (Total is 200 cr)

Jumping back into the Mountaineer, Amber checks her phone and manages to jailbreak it on the fly; while not as powerful or versatile as a professional walkie-talkie or armor radio, it can now pick up several dozen radio frequencies only while within Merctown. Satisfied she can now stay connected; she begins to suit up while Megan mentally chastises herself for not wearing her stealth armor. Lucille drives the Mountaineer towards the Warrens. After they enter the Warrens, Amber notes no one has yet relayed the information and calls it in herself.

She hears a cackle on the radio band of the Defenders from her phone, while with heavy static, she can hear the response. "GIRLS. Kale here. We'll cordon the area, but we can't afford to go in force to the Warrens, too many loose triggers. It'll be easier if your outfit goes ahead; we'll move in slowly as to avoid arousing unnecessary conflict; if you put out the SOS we'll move in fast and in force. Kale Out." A Defender responds.

The GIRLS Mountaineer is just entering the Warrens near Cyber Street Clinic and Men of Metal, located on Cyber Street. The location Jezebel mentioned is on the other side of the Warrens.

What are you doing?


Megan grimaces inwardly at her dwindling supply of credits as she pays for the phone. When Kale responds on the radio, Megan says "That's about par for the course. Some of the roughest, toughest people, and not-people, can be found in the Warrens. To be honest, I'm not sure if the Defenders technically has the manpower to go in force into the Warrens, or at the very least without 'bots, combat vehicles, power armors, and supernatural support. Even then it wouldn't be pretty." Megan will then give Amber directions for the best way to get to Jez's location relying on her memory of the Warrens.

Then Susan sends a radio text, to which Megan will reply in a low voice "Doc, do the nanites automatically react to touching flesh or meat, or does it have to be directed to attack flesh?"
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:32 am

ROLLS HELD

Susan responds to Megan - "Unknown, the only samples we had were deactivated, so programming couldn't be determined. Based on the fact that all victims were either shot with a specialized bullet, also stabbed or had to ingest food or beverage, it is likely that the nanites have to be introduced internally to be effective, but I would rather no one die if I'm wrong. Besides, if you're not armored and not a supernatural creature, there are much easier ways to be killed than nanites."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:48 pm

Conditions wrote:Location: New Paducah; 'Merctown'
Time: 11h:50am (about 10 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather: About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds


[Walking the Butcher's Lane]
Jezebel and Millicent

Jezebel and Millicent exchange words while walking, with the four outside offering a guttural response of acknowledgement. After passing a house, Millicent is able to point out an alley that she recognizes from her former barmates ramblings as where the trouble house was and points it out. Jez takes second to scope the alley out and it certainly does not seem befitting of commoners. Almost every house down this alley is damaged or run down in some manner, broken windows or doors and obvious activity inside. She isn't sure, but she thinks she hears a child's cry of distress from one of the houses, though not the one that Millicent points out. Jez takes a moment to venture forward and surveil while Millicent waits. No one pays her any more mind than a tenant of the area, and as Jezebel ventures slowly down the alley to surveil, she hears a loud crash from a house a few buildings back, closer to the wall. Glancing up and around, she notices at least two sets of silhouettes in two different houses in windows gazing out at her, or the house with the crash.

She steps back and returns to Millicent as she sees a Mountaineer pull up and most of her team filter out.

A few moments later, a hovercraft lands near the mountaineer, the same one Jez saw Susan near at the Hospital.

[Enroute to the Hangman's Tavern]
Lucille, Megan, Cordelia, Amber

Amber and Lucille put their heads together and weave through the warrens as though they'd lived there for decades. Dodging all the traffic, both vehicles and ground, and making it in record time for the distance. Nothing surly happens, in fact, most seem unperturbed by the large and unbecoming mountaineer that they ignore it or offer mere sideways glances toward it before moving on. Megan and Susan discuss on the frequency and all tied in can listen in. It doesn't take long for the Mountaineer to arrive at the Hangman's Tavern. Lucille spots the unique hairstyle of her boss walking alongside a fiery redhead type and pulls the mountaineer over near them.


[The Hospital]
Susan (and Brooks)

Brooks holds up his hands and steps back at Susan's requested order for space and listens. He simply shakes his head with a sigh. "Not my forte; I'm the muscle of our outfit. This, now this was right up Harkin's alley. He'd probably give you a run for your money on technical know-how, no offense." He admits. He listens to her overt talking out the problem with interest but no comment and shakes his head at the suggestion of money. "Regrettably, no. We might be able to ping our Benefactor for a forward but not sure about the speed at which we'd get it." He says and taps his belt, showing Susan his heavy force field generator belt attachment. "Covered there."

When Susan walks out to address the Defenders, they nod. "Understood." One says simply and then Susan can hear a muffled voice underneath the helmet as though he is radioing. The Defenders escort Susan and Brooks out of the hospital and they find the parked Hovercraft with Sharee sitting atop it with a cigarette.

"'Bout time. Where too?" She says, almost giddily, hopping off the roof near them. When Susan tells her the Warrens, Sharee becomes visibly annoyed and shrugs her shoulds. "Yeah, fine. Let's just take my beautiful baby to the Warrens and hope no one gets the wrong idea and tries to shoot at us, or worse, attempt to steal it. I swear. Brooks. You better be ready to slug a motherfucker that gets the wrong idea." She says and Brooks stifles a laugh and nods. "Fine. All aboard."

It doesn't take long for the hovercraft to travel the distance that the ground vehicles do, and though Susan isn't able to get the Nanites she wants, she arrives and sees the familiar Mountaineer at the Hangman's Tavern.

[Together Again]

There is a moderate reunion in the streets of the Warrens as all of the GIRLS find themselves together again, plus one. Megan, Susan, Cordelia, Amber and Lucille do not recognize the redhead with Jezebel.

Jezebel and Lucille both notice that now, with the double vehicles with one, quite nice looking hovercraft, are starting to draw a few more stares from passersby.

Map
Overlay Map.png
GoM is all of the GIRLS.
Red is the house Jez heard a crash from
Yellow is the house Jez thinks she heard a baby from.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:40 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 36
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 3
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, goggles on, N-F50A active
Prowl 90% (-20% to detect w/tech due to Stalker Suit) / 1d100 = 61 (self-explanatory)
Detect Ambush 85% / 1d100 = 96 (to review the house and surrounding terrain for possible traps of all kinds)
Trap/Mine Detection 80% / 1d100 = 81 (to review the house and surrounding terrain for possible traps of all kinds)
Detect Concealment 80% / 1d100 = 19 (to review the house and surrounding terrain for possible traps of all kinds)
Intelligence 78% / 1d100 = 52 (to review the house and surrounding terrain for signs of actionable intel)
Surveillance 70% / 1d100 = 91 (to review the house and surrounding terrain for signs of confirmation of their subject's presence)
Tracking: People 70% / 1d100 = 78 (to review the house and surrounding terrain for signs of confirmation of their subject's presence)

Jez's motions support her words as she clicks on her mic and radios to the others, "Doc, Temptress copies your last. Lucy, swing around to the back of the Hangman with the ATV." (Green star w/white M on map) "Brooks, park that sexy bitch in the vacant lot near the wall." (Blue star w/white H on map) First we set the snare, then we see what gets flushed from each hole. "Cordelia, make yourself useful and investigate the house on my right with the crying baby. Do what needs doing. Amber, you're with me. We're closing in on noisy house. You've got ground level, I'm gonna be eccentric. Everyone else form a loose cordon around the area and starting tightening the cordon. Mark one eyeballs, people. Suzy thinks this jerk has a tech cloak of some kind. And someone call the Defenders and have them move in NOW." Once folks have formed a loose cordon around the area, Jez will leap lightly to the roof of the noisy house to listen and observe closely, still but ready for action.

Initiative (+5 added): 1d20+5 = 11
Non-Combat Action: Communicating with team
Actions 1-10: Reserved for pursuit and engagement of the subject
Parries (+10 included):
1d20+10 = 19, 1d20+10 = 25, 1d20+10 = 18, 1d20+10 = 25, 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 26, 1d20+10 = 30, 1d20+10 = 17, 1d20+10 = 29
Auto-Dodges (+9 included):
1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 19, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 23

Map
Warrens.png
Warrens.png (375.99 KiB) Viewed 445 times
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:05 pm

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 47%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 12%

Prowl 30% = 1d100 = 49%
Intelligence 45% = 1d100 = 51% (looking for sources of intel for house and area around her)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.


When the Mountaineer stops as they get near Jez, she descends out of the large vehicle and starts looking around the area to get her bearings. She acknowledges Jez with a slight nod as she is looking around. It figures. It is never a nice hotel where these scum bags hang out. What a crap hole of a neighbourhood. She notices the small red-haired woman hanging around and figures Jez will introduce her if she is someone important. Her attention is more on the surrounding area as she tries to identify areas where threats could come from.

Jezebel wrote:Jez's motions support her words as she clicks on her mic and radios to the others, "Doc, Temptress copies your last. Lucy, swing around to the back of the Hangman with the ATV." (Green star w/white M on map) "Brooks, park that sexy bitch in the vacant lot near the wall." (Blue star w/white H on map) First we set the snare, then we see what gets flushed from each hole. "Cordelia, make yourself useful and investigate the house on my right with the crying baby. Do what needs doing. Amber, you're with me. We're closing in on noisy house. You've got ground level, I'm gonna be eccentric. Everyone else form a loose cordon around the area and starting tightening the cordon. Mark one eyeballs, people. Suzy thinks this jerk has a tech cloak of some kind. And someone call the Defenders and have them move in NOW." Once folks have formed a loose cordon around the area, Jez will leap lightly to the roof of the noisy house to listen and observe closely, still but ready for action.


“Acknowledged Temptress. On my way.” She replies on the tactical radio. Great, pick the 6 foot 7 woman to be the bait. Ah, well, you are up for this, girl. She takes a deep breath in before letting Jez take the lead. As she picks her way through the garbage strewn street, she is a little in awe of the display of Jez's leaping ability. Wow, that girl can jump. I wonder what else she can do? She walks toward the house next door to the noisy house and and once out of view of the majority of the street, she crouches down and begins to move tactically, trying to avoid any obvious kill zones. She keeps her hand near her sidearm as she creeps in closer, moving near any open windows to listen to what is going on inside.

Contingencies: She is ready at the first inkling of danger from her Sixth Sense, to raise her Physic Body Field to add to her protection. She is ready to parry any attacks that are from humans (not the ‘borg they are tracking) and will attempt to dodge any attacks from the ‘borg if necessary (she knows that she is very squishy compared to it), while awaiting back up.

Initiative (+3 added): 1d12+3 = 6
Non-Combat Action: Looking around area getting her bearings
Actions 1-5: Entering area in as stealthy of manner as possible for someone as large as her.
Parries (+6 included): 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 16, 1d20+6 = 21, 1d20+6 = 21, 1d20+6 = 17
Dodges (+6 included): 1d20+6 = 8, 1d20+6 = 11, 1d20+6 = 8, 1d20+6 = 10, 1d20+6 = 20
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Cordelia » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 57
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 100


Cordelia has been preoccupied by her new phone. She sets it up with a neat background screen and a ring tone that sounds like an eight bit version of theme to Dr.Who. giggle giggle She is happily exploring the options of her phone when she hears her name.

"Cordelia, make yourself useful and investigate the house on my right with the crying baby. Do what needs doing. Amber, you're with me. We're closing in on noisy house. You've got ground level, I'm gonna be eccentric. Everyone else form a loose cordon around the area and starting tightening the cordon. Mark one eyeballs, people. Suzy thinks this jerk has a tech cloak of some kind. And someone call the Defenders and have them move in NOW."


She gets out of the Mountaineer and stretches a moment to limber up after the ride. She squints and looks around. crying baby, huh? She wonders off toward the sound. As a precaution, she changes her appearance to look like what she thinks a vagrant looks like. Wild hair, wrinkled weathered face and a generally disheveled look. She starts looking into windows first to see if the house is occupied.
If the home is vacant she enters and looks around for the sound.
If people are living there she knocks and starts asking "Have you seen my little dog, He was just here, a little dog named Scooby. He's the cutest thing. Id just be heart broken without him." Performance 70% 1d100 = 91 She continues to lay it on thick and walk into the house looking around for anything helpful.
Last edited by Cordelia on Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cordelia/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Millicent Mayeux » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:56 am

Perception vs 56%:1d100 = 53
JIC:1d20 = 19|1d100 = 34
Find Contraband vs 49%:1d100 = 52 What is blatantly dangerous and black market that I can pick up on?

Millicent whistles at the mountaineer and hovercraft as they pull up, much more enamored with the vehicles’ than their passengers. The lady certainly buys what works. Seeing the other mercs leave the vehicles, it is obvious they all have purpose.

Amber Dach wrote:“Acknowledged Temptress. On my way.” She replies on the tactical radio.

Temptress? Now there is a call sign fit for the vids. I was right in guessing this outfit is well funded… what did I just get myself into? What are they hunting? Stop wondering girl. Now is the time to get yourself part of that paycheck. Milli clips her helmet to her utility belt to free up a hand and slips her overloaded backpack off of her shoulders, sliding the newly acquired bottle of whiskey out of the packs’ side pocket.

After the second occupant of the ATV dismounts, She will shoulder the backpack once again and hop up on to the passengers entrance and poke her head inside. ”Keep these safe! their valuable!” Millicent will stow her backpack and satchel inside the mountaineer before hopping off of the vehicle. Now that is trust. Put your work tools in a vehicle you have never seen before owned by a woman you have never met before. Millicent shakes off the morbid paranoia, the promise of a better paycheck outweighing the risks in her mind. Plus, she had not actually done anything beyond repair company bots and infrastructure for the past few months. This seemed fun.

Seeing Cordelia begin to do some stretches, Millicent shrugs and beaks the seal on the whisky, taking a sip. ”Do a lot of yoga before crashing house parties in this line of work?” Millicent will casually look up and down the street in front of the target, attempting to gain an idea of what could and couldn’t be used for cover if things got hairy. Where there any windows of balconies she could easily jump on/into if mobility became a necessity?

When Jezebel hops away from the small group and onto the rooftop, Millicent will let off a second short whistle. ”She’s not human, is she?” What does it matter? Beyond your false assumptions? Nothing.

As the group begins to fan out, Millicent will also take an angle, moving along the sidewalk across from the house to find a bench to sit on or car to lean against; using her open bottle of whiskey and dirty Jumpsuit as her own form of impromptu urban camouflage. She will try to position herself in such a way that she can keep a good vantage on the house itself while making it appear that she is doing nothing more than enjoying her liquor.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:17/17
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:31/31

Armor:Ultra-300 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit
  • Helmet:35/35
  • R. Arm:10/10
  • L. Arm:10/10
  • Body:25/25
  • R.Leg:14/14
  • L.Leg:14/14
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 43

Susan climbs out of the hovercraft and looks around. "I believe the commander is confused. This is clearly a street."

She slips on her lab coat over the armor she's already wearing. This is definitely a disguise...

Susan slings her laser rifle and begins to walk to the wall northeast of her. Over the radio she says on the GIRLS channels, "Am taking up position at the wall so I have sightline on the northeast side of the building identified in this area. I'll contact the Defenders as well. For those who can see it, I'll be patching a video feed in over this secure transmission."

She turns to Brooks, "I know you're our employer, but pending the arrival of the rest of our team or the Defenders, do you mind standing in the crossroads directly off the west corner of our target building? I'll be at the wall directly north of it's corner. We can keep watch on each other and also should have, hopefully, all exits from the building in sight."

Whether he agrees or not, she takes up a post leaning against the bend in the wall she indicated, radioing the Defenders on the way. "Sergeant Harrison and Defenders. This is Doctor Susan of the GIRLS. We have traced the subject to the Warrens and we are continuing to track, but don't have the resources to cordon the area. We are at the following coordinates."

Prowl (to remain unnoticed): 1d100 = 11 / 45%

As Susan keeps watch, she looks for Harkin, anyone walking with a 'limp' or anyone with a damaged cyborg leg. She also runs her thermo-imager in-display on her HUD, so she can see if anyone shows up as abnormal (a borg would likely be around the ambient temperature) and also compare what she's seeing with anyone potentially invisible to technology. She beams the thermo-information to the rest of the team as well.

I must remember to also have them install a normal camera in this helmet when we get paid.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 57 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 45

Jezebel wrote:Jez's motions support her words as she clicks on her mic and radios to the others, "Doc, Temptress copies your last. Lucy, swing around to the back of the Hangman with the ATV." (Green star w/white M on map) "Brooks, park that sexy bitch in the vacant lot near the wall." (Blue star w/white H on map)


"You got it, boss!" Lucy responds as she pulled her ATV around back of the Hangman, keeping her eyes peeled for anything suspicious as Amber and Cordelia get out to take position. Suspicious, like, whose this new redhead with Jez...

Millicent Mayeux wrote:After the second occupant of the ATV dismounts, She will shoulder the backpack once again and hop up on to the passengers entrance and poke her head inside. ”Keep these safe! their valuable!” Millicent will stow her backpack and satchel inside the mountaineer before hopping off of the vehicle.


"Um, yeah, hi? I'm Lucy," Lucy says, thumb pointing to herself. "And you are...?" as Millicent piles in hunting for a place to put her backpack and satchel. Well this one is forward. "Oh sure, um... just store them over there," she indicates to a relatively secure part of the ATV. Valuable? Poor thing probably ain't got two credits to rub together, and don't I know that feeling!

Lucy follows Millicent out of the ATV, securing the door before turning her attention to the back of the Hangman. "So, you know Jez? Perhaps special ops or something?" she asks Millicent, standing next to her and trying desperately not to give her any off-putting side-eye. "I'm not really a coal-facing combat gal, so this is all a bit new to me. You?" Mummu, please tell me Jez has found some super soldier - we could use the firepower.

As Millicent moves off, Lucy notices the rest of her team stalking and sneaking to take up 'position' and she thinks, Oh right, we should crouch or something. So she decides to play nonchalant examining one of her tires and apparent other maintenance type things. Nailed it. Nothing says nothing to see here like a girl examining her ride.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 90/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 100/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 71/1d20 = 6
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye (trying to find someone that I can only see with my natural vision, otherwise using thermal imaging and telescopic to zoom in on details), Amplified Hearing

Jezebel wrote:Jez's motions support her words as she clicks on her mic and radios to the others, "Doc, Temptress copies your last. Lucy, swing around to the back of the Hangman with the ATV." (Green star w/white M on map) "Brooks, park that sexy bitch in the vacant lot near the wall." (Blue star w/white H on map) First we set the snare, then we see what gets flushed from each hole. "Cordelia, make yourself useful and investigate the house on my right with the crying baby. Do what needs doing. Amber, you're with me. We're closing in on noisy house. You've got ground level, I'm gonna be eccentric. Everyone else form a loose cordon around the area and starting tightening the cordon. Mark one eyeballs, people. Suzy thinks this jerk has a tech cloak of some kind. And someone call the Defenders and have them move in NOW." Once folks have formed a loose cordon around the area, Jez will leap lightly to the roof of the noisy house to listen and observe closely, still but ready for action.


"Temptress, Jammer here. As per what Kale had informed us of a few minutes ago, the Defenders are cordoning off the Warrens, but they lack sufficient manpower to come in here in force. They can move in slowly as to avoid rousing unnecessary conflict. That being said, if we give them an SOS, they will come in fast.I would imagine for something like this, they won't come in fast, not unless we were deep in trouble. Jammer over and out." Megan says on the radio as she takes up position, unsheathing her vibro-sword in the process, keeping her eyes peeled for trouble as well as searching for their quarry while also trying to remain hidden. (Detect Ambush 62%/1d100 = 5, Tracking: People 57%/1d100 = 46, Prowl 47%/1d100 = 37)
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Millicent Mayeux » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:19 pm

ROLLS CARRIED

Lucille Davis wrote:"Um, yeah, hi? I'm Lucy," Lucy says, thumb pointing to herself. "And you are...?" as Millicent piles in hunting for a place to put her backpack and satchel. Well this one is forward. "Oh sure, um... just store them over there," she indicates to a relatively secure part of the ATV. Valuable? Poor thing probably ain't got two credits to rub together, and don't I know that feeling!


With her head inside the ATV, Millicent looks slightly surprised at seeing a third person inside, but she smiles quickly to hide her apprehension. "Hi! I'm the new girl, Milly." She points to the area Lucy mentions. "Here? perfect. Thanks. Dont want these babies getting scratched if violence breaks out... and you know. its the warrens. There is always violence." Millicent will make sure her gear is properly stored before making her way out of the vehicle

Lucille Davis wrote:Lucy follows Millicent out of the ATV, securing the door before turning her attention to the back of the Hangman. "So, you know Jez? Perhaps special ops or something?" she asks Millicent, standing next to her and trying desperately not to give her any off-putting side-eye. "I'm not really a coal-facing combat gal, so this is all a bit new to me. You?" Mummu, please tell me Jez has found some super soldier - we could use the firepower.


"You mean Ms Purple-Bangs? Just met her." She holds up the bottle of whiskey. "She bought me a drink and offered me a job... three minutes ago?" Millicent smirks. "I fix cars. And 'bots. And weapons. I know how to use them, but mostly I fix 'em. I'm a descent shot however." She finishes motioning to the pistols on her utility belt. So this is a new unit? Maybe I'm even luckier than i thought and I'm getting in on the ground floor. At least I'm not the only new member it seems.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:17/17
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:31/31

Armor:Ultra-300 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit
  • Helmet:35/35
  • R. Arm:10/10
  • L. Arm:10/10
  • Body:25/25
  • R.Leg:14/14
  • L.Leg:14/14
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:09 pm

Conditions wrote:Location: New Paducah; 'Merctown'
Time: 11h:50am (about 10 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather: About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds


Jez issues out orders which are mostly received, barring a few random acts by her teammates. Everyone sees the Hovercraft take off and disappear behind some buildings towards where Jez suggested. Amber jumps out and links up with Jezebel while Lucille takes off with the Mountaineer and parks it behind the Hangman's Tavern. Everyone else forms a loose cordon of the area and begins circling the house with the ruffians that Mill pointed out the Jez while Cordelia peels off to investigate the sounds of the crying baby.

Jumping up high, Jez takes in the location and while her jump was well executed, she notes at least one pair of eyes from a window watching her with feigned interest, most likely due to the fact she just jumped thirty feet without trying. She has a decent vantage point of the house in question and while she can't see any traps, does note what appears to be a cellar door leading below the house on its right side that is loosely concealed with some tarping but seems to have been recently used.

Amber moves in from below and is impressed at Jezebel's jumping ability and she doesn't note much else as she passes the house with the crying child moving towards the one that Jez seems to be pointing towards. She isn't even one-hundred percent sure which house Jez want's them to check.

Susan, working with Brooks, receives a curt nod from him as he moves to the position she suggests, then Susan radios the Defenders with their location. After a few moments, she hears a chirp on the radio. "Copy. Moving in. We have all the gates to the Warrens temporarily locked down. We're noting an increase in traffic and some obvious unrest due to the lockdown that is slowing our progress. If you take fire, send the call and we'll close in fast." Harrison's voice responds. Cycling through her thermals, she doesn't note anything out of the ordinary at all.

Mill follows the Mountaineer and ends up linking up with Lucille and Megan. Megan responds to Jez regarding the Defenders before scouting the area around the trio as they close in. While Millicent and Lucille converse, seemingly like honest-to-goodness tenants of the area, Megan scours the area. Spotting nothing of immediate importance, she does note that several windows are open on the upper level of the house Jezebel seems to be pointed at that would be perfect for ambush firing positions; dark, inclined and the light makes seeing past the window-frame almost impossible. She also does see tracks of what looks like a limping individual that lead behind the Hangman's Tavern, where Lucille parked, towards the second to last house against the wall.

Cordelia, meanwhile, heads inside the house with the crying baby and as she opens the door, sees an unflattering living room-like area. A battered love-seat of a couch with a old brittle wooden like crib and an expensive looking monitor. The sound is coming from the crib, though as she enters she is greeted by a pair of unflattering tenants, a women with matted hair and a tattooed and gruff looking male. He levels a bandito-style pistol at Cordelia. "What are you doing in my house!?" He shouts, snarling extremely unkempt teeth.

Map
Warrens Cordon Map.png
Green Star - Mountaineer
Blue Star - Hover Vehicle
Blue/Green Circle - Brooks
Red Trapezoid - Partially Hidden Cellar Entrance


What are you doing?
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Cordelia » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 89

Cordelia barely noticed Milly as they passed in the street. Cordelia is getting into character.
She is super psyched about this, until she meets the residents of the house. And their gun.
She stops and puts her hands up. "HI!" She pauses in fright and swallows. " I'm sorry for the intrusion, my name is Amy Pond, I am watching this dog for a friend. The problem is it got away from me and it is very important that I find it. It is a really cute and expensive dog named Scooby, I belongs to my friend, I already told you its my friends dog, Sorry. My friend was given this dog by a man, if you can call him a man, named Tazerface. Hes a member of the Cyber Street gang and Im gonna be in it really deep if I loose this dog. Can you please help me? I saw Scooby come this way is he not here? Maybe in the next house? Have you seen anyone in the next house? Im soo Sorry I just walked in I dont know what to do." She forces tears to her eyes and lets her lip quiver.
Performance 70% 1d100 = 19
Public Speaking 100% 1d100 = 100
Invoke Trust: 80% 1d100 = 64
Cordelia pours it on and doesnt stop talking until the man either lowers the gun or shoots her.
Please dont kill me
She darts her looks all around looking for anything helpful to saving herself and possibly this family if things go bad next door.
Cordelia/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Previous

Return to G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests