Brook's Crib in the Warrens

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Brook's Crib in the Warrens

Postby Underguard » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:25 pm

Located at 18 River Street, near the corner on the wall of the Warrens is a relatively nice, considering its location, two story house. Upon arrival, a hovercraft can be seen under a steel overhang with a tarp over it.
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Brook's Crib in the Warrens

Postby Susan Lee » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:50 pm

Perception: 1d100:
53
/ 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
19
/ 1d100:
81


CONDITIONS: Still on boing-go.

Susan gets out of her cab, looks around and approaches the address she was given. I thought they'd live somewhere nicer. Perhaps this is a secret lair.

She checks under the tarp to make sure it is Sharee's vehicle. Assuming it is, she walks up to the door, keeping her hands in plain sight. If there's a doorbell, she rings it. If not, she stands there awkwardly and says, "I am here as we agreed. You need a doorbell."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Brook's Crib in the Warrens

Postby Underguard » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:02 am

Susan can identify the rather nice hovercraft as the one Sharee drove them around in earlier and moves to the door. She doesn't find a doorbell so, resigns to knock and is met by Brooks. He waves her in and takes a seat in the living room area of the house, taking a sip of a beer, he tosses one to her. Sharee comes in the room a few seconds later and plops on the couch.

"Alright, spill. What the hell happened out there?" Brooks says.
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Brook's Crib in the Warrens

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:56 am

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: Still on boing-go.

Susan doesn't answer, instead holding a finger up in front of her lips. She methodically strips off every piece of electronic equipment she's wearing, gathers it all up in her lab coat, takes it into either the kitchen or bathroom (whatever's visible) and closes the door. Then she comes back and salutes Brooks and Sharee.

"I am ready to report now," she says. "I can't be sure that one or more of my electronic devices has not been compromised to spy on me."

Susan then looks into the corner of the room for a moment, gathering her thoughts. Turning to Sharee, she says, "I'm very sorry for your loss." Waving a hand at Brooks, "I assume he told you."

She waits for their response and maybe some crying.

After drawing in and releasing a long breath, Susan continues. "The assassin, per se, has been eliminated. It was an evil robot. Its owner is a True Naruni - I assume the one that owns the local franchise, though I have not confirmed this. It is pursuing your employer for stolen technology and has no compunction with doing things like skinning someone for a robot to wear as a disguise."

I still don't see how that works...

"Due to our involvement, we have now been forcibly co-opted by said Naruni as its sometime agents, although we have been told the assassinations are over."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Brook's Crib in the Warrens

Postby Underguard » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:26 am

Brooks watches as Susan disappears into the bathroom and then returns devoid of most of her techno-gadgets. He opens his arm, beer in one, while sitting in a recliner as if to say "Go on" regarding what she has to say. Sharee sitting on the couch next to the recliner, no beer but her dark eyes are very intently staring at Susan.

"He told me enough." She says somberly but doesn't seem to shed a tear. Susan can't tell if that's cause she's already done her crying, or she's able to keep a stoic face.

Susan wrote:"The assassin, per se, has been eliminated. It was an evil robot. Its owner is a True Naruni - I assume the one that owns the local franchise, though I have not confirmed this. It is pursuing your employer for stolen technology and has no compunction with doing things like skinning someone for a robot to wear as a disguise."


Brook's stops mid-drink with slightly widened eyes as Sharee scrunches her nose and closes her own. "He skinned my goddamn partner?" Brooks muttered, half in bewilderment and half in a barely controlled anger.

Susan wrote:"Due to our involvement, we have now been forcibly co-opted by said Naruni as its sometime agents, although we have been told the assassinations are over."


Brooks narrows his eyes at the cyber-doc as Sharee stares at her before scowling and pulling a pistol out from inbetween the sofa cushions. "Sharee!" Brooks snaps, prompting her to lower the pistol, though there is obvious disdain in her facial expressions. Brooks looks towards Susan again. "What do you mean, forcibly co-opted. Answer carefully here, cause we are one sentence away from being enemies." Brooks says in a low growl.
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Brook's Crib in the Warrens

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:04 pm

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: Still on boing-go.

Susan, on combat drugs, fully rolls her eyes at this response. "I'm unarmed and left most of my equipment in the other room. You hired us."

She waits for a beat.

"It had us trapped in a murder basement that was likely rigged with explosives. The smart thing to do was to agree to its terms and destroy it later. Hopefully with help."

She points at Sharee and Brooks meaningfully.

"I have a debriefing arranged with the Defenders that I expect to be similar to this."

"Do you want to help take this bad person down?"
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Brook's Crib in the Warrens

Postby Underguard » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:22 pm

The two glance at each other before Brooks shrugs.

"I contracted your group to track down the killer, not align with them." He states plainly before half-nodding his head with an obvious defeated sigh. "And I can't fault you for taking the better of two deals when one ended in death and one ended in life." Brooks continues.

"You say you want to kill this thing, right? Just got to get close and not be at such an obvious disadvantage." Brooks reasons, maintaining a level head. Susan can plainly see Sharee is boiling with anger, but still sitting back. Brooks places his hand on Sharee's arm and nods, prompting her to let go of a breathe she's been holding and sit back, nodding to Brooks.

"We'll help you kill this fucker, so long as you don't plan to flop on that plan." Brooks resigns and adds. "When you tell the Defenders, I'd recommend the less they know the better. If your right, and it is a True Naruni who might even own the franchise in town, he could very well have ears in the Defenders and tipping him of your intentions would be a death sentence." Brooks explains and offers his hand. "Shake on it? I'll hold you to it this time."
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Brook's Crib in the Warrens

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:34 am

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: Still on boing-go.

Susan looks at Brooks for a moment, blinks, then reaches out to grip his hand. Once she has a hold of him she smiles a not-smile and says, "We certainly plan to eliminate this murderer and impediment to our freedom. Do not fear. And no, I won't be telling the Defenders the truth without first being absolutely sure that said Defender is not compromised. I am aware of the existence of 'dirty cops.'"

From trid shows...

She grips a little harder and continues, "However, I am concerned about one item. As you noted, we were hired to 'track down and eliminate the killer.' We accomplished this. We also determined the unknown methods that the assassin was using to escape detection and kill its victims. Further, we discovered the identity of the person who hired the killer. At great risk to ourselves. All of this is invaluable information to preserve the safety and life of your employer."

Susan lets go of Brooks's hand, and steps back, waving away his objections. "Now, you might argue that the Naruni was the 'true killer' and I won't get into an argument as to the person-hood of an artificial intelligence. However, I would point out that if the assassin were a Coalition spy, you would not expect us to eliminate Emperor Prosek. If your employer would like to discuss the appropriate level of payment for our already-delivered services, especially considering we now actually are contemplating eliminating Naruni Emperor Prosek, and re-negotiate the contract moving forward, I will relay that information to the Commander, as I am not authorized to negotiate for our team."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Brook's Crib in the Warrens

Postby Underguard » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:44 pm

Brooks shrugs. "My employer is specific on the details. All of these details will prove invaluable I'm sure, and I would even venture that he'd be willing to help you take this squid-face out now knowing more about it. I do think a renegotiation is in order, and it is out of my paygrade to be frank. I'll contact my employer and see about setting up a meeting between him and your commander. Ensure you take preventative measures that your new naruni friend isn't listening in."
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Brook's Crib in the Warrens

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:18 am

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: Still on boing-go.

Susan nods to Brooks. "Understood - I will inform the Commander and we'll be in touch. Be aware we are also under surveillance by a spybot at our headquarters. So be extra-circumspect."

She then goes to hug Sharee. "I really am sorry about your loss."

Whatever Sharee's reaction, Susan then awkwardly goes back into the bathroom and puts all of her electronic equipment back on and leaves.

She hails a cab to Miranda's.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Brook's Crib in the Warrens

Postby Underguard » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:35 am

Brooks nods and Sharee and Susan share a hug before the cyber-doc departs.
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s


Return to GIRLS Adventure Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron