Epic Tales of Honor: The Society of Honorable Heroes

This is where the epic adventure threads can be accessed.

Moderators: Augur, Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Epic Tales of Honor: The Society of Honorable Heroes

Postby Vortigern » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:32 pm

[Rolls Held]

When Wakiza offers to play darts Vortigern takes him up on it and tries to draw in any other likely parties into the game as well. "Who is up for a friendly game? I've a sometimes fair hand though I claim no true mastery of the game." he says, self deprecatingly. That said he takes up a set of darts and gives an earnest attempt.

Perhaps a game is just the thing to loosen some tongues.

Darts
Dart: 1d20+6 = 18
Dart: 1d20+6 = 11
Dart: 1d20+6 = 26
Dart: 1d20+6 = 21
Dart: 1d20+6 = 25
Dart: 1d20+6 = 12
Dart: 1d20+6 = 19
Dart: 1d20+6 = 20
Dart: 1d20+6 = 17
Dart: 1d20+6 = 21

Vortigern Tracker
Vortigern

HP: 48/48
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 170/170

Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 410/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)

Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:26 pm

At Vauxhal Cross
    Date: February 20, 111 PA
    Time: 13:30:00
    Temp: cool, but warm enough in the sun.
    Weather: Clear.
    Ley Line info: You are near a ley line.

Vortigern wrote:"It isn't often in my homeland I'd find a woman amongst warriors. Is that more common here then? Or is the lady a special case beyond what appears to the eye?"

The elf who spoke up before chuckles at the statement like it was joke, then he speaks up. "Mate if that is a pick up line, you just fell flat, if that is an honest question, then what backwards hole of a land did you come from anyway? 'Ere in England, we let those who are doing the deed choose how to live their lives. If that means a man stays home with the littles, 'den so be it, If that means a lass comes and kicks utter ass, well that's what it means."

The redhead shakes her head. "I appreciate the chivalry, Redalfo, but I promise I got this. Here's the deal, tall dark and medieval; I'll give you the same answer I gave my Dad when asked the same question. Why, he asked, would the daughter of purveyor of fine goods like me ever deign to want to become a Knight, let alone a Knight of Bath. My Dad is from Camelot you see. Technically the two kingdoms are allies. In reality they're friendly-ish rivals. Well I don't want to serve the same lord as the Nexus Knight bastards, let alone the same king. So here am I, where one's skill at battle and when not in battle, matter more than one's gender or background. And we get to defend the entirety of England when we get our armor. As for if there's more to me, that's probably true. I'm what's called a Forge Knight. We use psionics and an innate understanding high technology to meld the two. Not unlike how circle mages and diabolists meld art and writing with properly chosen ingredients, and magical energy to create wonders like the wall that protects all of Bath. Or like those yank trained techno-wizards who do what I do with magic instead. My ability to create, and to kick ass, means more than the circumstances of my birth ever will."

The three Vort is sitting with join them for darts, and assuming Analoy joins in, they do it as two teams. Redalfo, the elf, "Red" Tarja, the woman, and Skip, their quiet human friend, introduce themselves. As it turns out, they are actually quite practiced, but everyone is giving as good as they get. They subtly drop the fact they are looking for work slip, and Skip actually gives them the name of the Lord Chamberlin, who they would need to see. He grins wryly. His voice is mellow and quiet, though it has an edge to it that is hard to explain. "You'd be surprised how many just show up asking any old Tom, Dick, or Harry about contracts. Seen a few visiting nobles, who'd be turned down by the elders, take advantage of poor sots like that. Ruined em any chance of working with the Cross any too." Wakiza sees James nod to him and head out after paying his tab. After they end the game, hands are shaken and goodbyes given. Tarja nods to them. "Good luck all." Titus and King both get up from the conversation they were in, shaking hands with their table companions.

King, as it turns out, found some interesting information. "Turns out if you want to do mercenary work here, most folks just go to Bathford Village, out the east gate, past the fortress of Vauxhall Cross. And because you don't have to go into town, they are a lot more lax on weapons. It's also more rough, but nothing we couldn't handle. But my guy says you're more like to be used in a feud or to protect against reprisals. Decent pay and all, but not the sort of thing you knightly types sleep well about after."

Titus speaks up. "So I got into talking about druids here, and it turns out, druid is slang for wise one. They use the word for any subtle caster, as opposed to a wizard. The Knights also have a Druid Knight, and it's what happens when a blacksmith trained in the techniques of a Kelt Ick (celtic) goddess are trained to be full on commandos. Turns out Vauxhall Cross was established by special forces types who survived the cataclysm and something called the demon plagues. Moved here, never looked back."

James nods. "Yeah, heard some of both of that, but what I mostly heard is that the elders, as they call them, are putting together an expedition, and need scouts. I know what to ask about, but not who to talk to. Guy I was speaking to wasn't a knight, he was a merc who'd been turned away cause he asked the wrong person and got hoodwinked. Seems you only get one shot at impressing these guys."

---------------

And so it is that the heroes of honor find themselves at the main gates to Vauxhall Cross. One thing they are struck by is just how much public area there is. A glass enclosed concourse encircles what amounts to a impregnable stone fortress. Despite looking like a "government building" it's easy to see that the building is built to withstand considerable seige. What look like windows at first glance look more to be some sort of transparent aluminum than even megaglass.
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Analoy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:46 am

Percep: 1d20+6 = 24
JIC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 4

Analoy looks around as the enter the public area of the Vauxhall Cross compound. Stopping she looks to the others and says, "Well, between what those guys said at the Pub and what you guys found out, we need to locate this Lord Chamberlin if we want to work directly with the Vauxhall Cross. Otherwise we should just head to the east gate and find what work we can or go start rounding up bounties. That is if we can believe what we've heard."

Analoy gives the building another once over as she tries to spot any kind of sign or a directory of some kind. Then turning back to the guys, she says, "If we're going to do something about the mechanoids that we were told about, we need to get some intell and this seem the best place for that as they supposedly protect the whole of England. I say we take a chance and look up this Lord Chamberlin." She gives the others a nod and a shrug to see if anyone else is with her.

Analoy Epic Tracker
Analoy

P.P.E.: 211/171
M.D.C.: 185/185

Conditions:
None
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:47 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 98

Vortigern quirks a brow towards the elf as he speaks in response and gives a mild frown. "I meant no disrespect to your culture, however different and alien seeming it may be in comparison to my own. A gentleman keeps an open mind. It would be appreciated however if you would strive to show the same courtesy to a foreign knight, rather than speaking ill of their homeland upon first meeting. You should note I didn't insult anyone. I asked a question. Perhaps you've had more than a tipple? I am sure that is it." he says. Vortigern pauses a moment then inclining his head in a friendly seeming though obviously prompting manner. Though he keeps a suddenly quite serious mien and focused attention on the elf he remains quiet giving the man both an acceptable excuse and a silent span with which to extricate himself.

Contingency 1 (The man suitably makes amends or mollifies his previous statement): "Ah, no matter, good fellow! Come, shake hands, and soon enough we may be allies! We shall after all be on our way to inquire anon."

Contingency 2 (The man does 'not' suitably make amends or mollify his previous statement): I find it most unfortunate that you see things in such fashion, Sir. You are assuredly no gentleman. Normally I would not consider one of your obvious lack of station a worthy opponent. I still don't. You are obviously unfit for a duel between Peers. Yet I am neither able nor inclined to ignore being insulted to my face. I will speak plainly, for your benefit. You will make amends here and now or I will beat you until you do."

Contingency 2
Intimidate: 1d100 = 74/25

The statement in question
Just in case someone is wondering, the statement in question is: then what backwards hole of a land did you come from anyway?

When the woman speaks in response on her own Vortigern turns and also gives her his attention. He seems interested in her words, even amused at times, as she speaks. A most interesting set of gifts to possess. Though in point of fact I asked if women taking up arms were common here so you didn't precisely answer my question, though your explanation of yourself was interesting none the less. A most curious place indeed in which I have found myself."

A most curious place indeed. What utter drivel! Perhaps I should engage a local valet. Both to meet my obvious need here and to advise me on the inanities of local customs. One can't be expected to anticipate such utter doggerel.

When Vortigern receives the information about the Lord Chamberlain of the Knights of Vauxhall Cross he gives the man ready thanks and a friendly clap on the shoulder. [b]"Many thanks indeed my good man. If ever we have means to repay your kindness do not hesitate to ask."

- - -

Outside of Vauxhall Cross:

Vortigern nods to Analoy and then begins to make his way into the building as he replies. "Agreed. I believe the obvious course of action is to request an audience with his lordship. Any alternative suggestions?"

One must consider how best to make a good impression on a foreign lord. Generally I would prefer to know more about the individual lord I needed to approach yet ... we are quite pressed for time today. Yet we must strive to prevent the starkness of our need for accommodation here from being known. Dealing from a position of need is hardly a good beginning.

Vortigern Tracker
Vortigern

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:47 am

GM Mini-Reply

The elf looks annoyed at Vort's attitude. If he is intimidated by Vort, he is doing one hell of a job of not showing it, though his ire is definitely raised. That said he is also not rising to strike either. "No, I don't have to do anything of the kind, you arrogant twit. That said, it isn't worth fighting over. I'll let your obvious insult to the many tens of thousands of fighting women of England go if you'll let my insult of your homeland go. Deal? I promise you that you'll have a hell of a lot more duels to fight than me if you don't. And I mean in this very tavern."

The lady in question responds more succinctly. "If both of you chivalrous gentlemen will get your heads out of your collective asses, maybe we can get back to drinking and eating, not arguing over whose honor has the biggest prick. As for your question, I'd say we make up a full 45% of the fighting force of the Knights of Vauxhall Cross, and about the same in the Eternal Knights. In fact the second in command of the Knights is Lady Tyrianne, also a Druid Knight of some repute and great skill."

Skip, who is very quiet to now, simply looks at all of them and quietly states. "You might be able to take one of them my Lord, but he's not wrong on the string of fights you'll have to face. Insult one of the Knights of Vauxhall, you insult us all." His tone is not disrespectful, but rather simply matter of fact.
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Wakiza » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:01 pm

Perception: 1d20+10 = 22
JiC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 47

Conditions: Wak cycles to thermal vision every few minutes to keep an eye out for the invisible.

status and gear
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 107/111
H.P.: 69/69
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 80/80 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness (see Zen Combat)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)
Difficult to Surprise (Sixth Sense (2) and Integrated Sensor Pod)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 103/103; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 57; Arms: 46 each; • Legs: 57 each
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 68, Upper Legs: 20 each, Forearms: 15 each, Shoulders: 13 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 20 each

Ammo:
(1) Empty Long eclip
-6 shots and active clip

Wak sighs, Spirits, what is that man up to? He idles up next to Vort, "What is this talk of fighting, you should be buying the lady a drink, not trying to start something with her companions." Wak gives the lady his usual scarred up smile. "Some of the very best Cyber-Knights I ever served with were women." Wak keeps an eye out to see if anyone recognizes his profession. "And if you don't buy her a drink I will." And he will if it gets to that.

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 73 / 60%
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 35 / 15%

Outside
Wak nods to Analoy, "Yes, lets go find this Lord Chamberlin and maybe we can find out what we are here for. Kind of want to get on with this!" Not that I don't mind doing a little sightseeing, more I know about the world the better and I have never been off my side of the world, out of the dimension yes, but not on a different continent.
Wakiza
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:14 am

[Rolls Held]

CS High Command wrote:GM Mini-Reply

The elf looks annoyed at Vort's attitude. If he is intimidated by Vort, he is doing one hell of a job of not showing it, though his ire is definitely raised. That said he is also not rising to strike either. "No, I don't have to do anything of the kind, you arrogant twit. That said, it isn't worth fighting over. I'll let your obvious insult to the many tens of thousands of fighting women of England go if you'll let my insult of your homeland go. Deal? I promise you that you'll have a hell of a lot more duels to fight than me if you don't. And I mean in this very tavern."

The lady in question responds more succinctly. "If both of you chivalrous gentlemen will get your heads out of your collective asses, maybe we can get back to drinking and eating, not arguing over whose honor has the biggest prick. As for your question, I'd say we make up a full 45% of the fighting force of the Knights of Vauxhall Cross, and about the same in the Eternal Knights. In fact the second in command of the Knights is Lady Tyrianne, also a Druid Knight of some repute and great skill."

Skip, who is very quiet to now, simply looks at all of them and quietly states. "You might be able to take one of them my Lord, but he's not wrong on the string of fights you'll have to face. Insult one of the Knights of Vauxhall, you insult us all." His tone is not disrespectful, but rather simply matter of fact.

Vortigern quirks a brow towards the elf, his frown deepening. "Pray explain, specifically, what this insult I am supposed to have given 'is' precisely. As I said. I asked a question, is all. If even doing that seems insulting to you, your skin is over thin sir. Regardless I've plainly stated it was not my intent to give offense. Perhaps you should pay closer attention to what someone actually says. I am readily willing to accept your ill behavior as motivated by a perceived slight, and so honorable. I would expect no man of honor to let a slight to himself or an ally go unanswered. If you are willing to acknowledge likewise no slight was intended, and thereby grant the entire affair is in error."

Towards Red Vortigern gives a slight nod, a quirking at the corners of his mouth as his expression betrays some mixed emotions though amusement is certainly there. "My thanks for your counsel my lady. And for endeavoring to keep the peace, as it were. Though I confess I've never heard of 'honor' being measured in quite that way before."

Towards Skp he simply nods. "I expect no less from an honorable company. Well met Sir." he says, approval in his tone.

I really must consider a local valet...

Wakiza wrote:
Wak sighs, Spirits, what is that man up to? He idles up next to Vort, "What is this talk of fighting, you should be buying the lady a drink, not trying to start something with her companions." Wak gives the lady his usual scarred up smile. "Some of the very best Cyber-Knights I ever served with were women." Wak keeps an eye out to see if anyone recognizes his profession. "And if you don't buy her a drink I will." And he will if it gets to that.

Vortigern lifts his brows slightly towards Wakiza, settling his hands on his belt as he spends a quiet moment returning the attention of the other man before speaking. "One hopes in the future, if we are to be comrades in arms, you apply a larger modicum of attention to apprising yourself of the situation before making similarly faulty judgments. Or coming to the aid of the wrong parties, rather than your apparently nominal ally. I pray I am not disappointed, Sir." he says before turning his back on the other man and gesturing towards the bar to order ale. When he is able to place his order he buys a round for the three Vauxhallers and those Honorable Heroes present all at once.

Wakiza wrote:
Outside
Wak nods to Analoy, "Yes, lets go find this Lord Chamberlin and maybe we can find out what we are here for. Kind of want to get on with this!" Not that I don't mind doing a little sightseeing, more I know about the world the better and I have never been off my side of the world, out of the dimension yes, but not on a different continent.

Vortigern nods once again, and proceeds in towards the entrance of Vauxhall Cross. "I advise keeping our need for immediate accommodation and provisioning to ourselves, at least at the outset. Until negotiations are well underway and we have an acceptable wage layed out, and then add it in later. It will not do to appear needy, else we shall have a light purse the entire time we are here more like than not."

Vortigern Tracker
Vortigern

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:13 am

(GM Mini-Reply)

The elf looks at least willing to let it go, and nods. "Fine by me, but as for what's said, you'll find folks here care about what's meant too. Whether you realize it or not. We don't play on niceties."

Skip looks over at Redalfo, "Oh stuff it you jumped up twit. I know we took an oath to defend the honor of each other, the country, our way of life, and all, but I'm inclined to let him pound on you, just to get you to shut your mouth. Get off your high horse, Acolyte. You're talking to a fully vested Knight and a noble at that. Show some damn respect." It's obvious from both Redalfo's and Red's expression that this is more than Skip has to say on most things, let alone with the vehemence.

Redalfo takes the hint and relaxes. He gives a rueful grin and an open sign of apology. "Right, thanks Skip. Sorry my lord, let me buy the next round, then."

Tarja looks up to Wak, instantly recognizing the term. To Vortigern she says, "No harm, no foul, right boyos? And a drink would be lovely. Get a honey lemonade for me please. Stout ale for these two." She inclines her head to Wak. "Greetings Sir Knight. I am Tarja Fortaine, Knight Acolyte of the Forge, Psi-Forge Knight of Vauxhall Cross. Any knight trained by Lord Coake and his peers is welcome in Bath. May I present Redalfo Albain, Commando Knight Acolyte, and Francis "Skip" Leedes, Druid Knight Acolyte and heir of the Leedes family of Bath. Forgive Redalfo, he tends to let his mouth run away and takes it as his duty to defend the entirety of English society, even from itself half the time. He means well. Your friend sounds like he comes from a place with less assertive women. I've seen the type often enough in Camelot growing up. More in Berwynmoore, on my father's few trips to the place." There's a certain distaste when she says the second name; Wak likens it to the way the Coalition is talked about by people who despise it. Vortigern equally hears the disdain about which detractors speak of the Western Empire.

Further talk revolves around talks of combat and moral training, and how their basic training differs from Wak's, as much as he's willing to divulge. They talk much about general matters common to all martially trained warriors - early wake ups, inane repetitive tasks, grueling conditioning, plus all three talk of the kind of meditation training common to cyber-knights. Redalfo talks about mastering his psi-sword with the wistfulness of someone who has yet to master himself. Wak's seen it in his fellow knights before they mastered the inner peace necessary to use the ability.

Eventually they group moves to the dart board and talk and the game continue to it's end. (Next GM post will be in Vauxhall Cross)
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Wakiza » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:32 pm

Perception: 1d20+10 = 18
JiC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 70

Conditions: Wak cycles to thermal vision every few minutes to keep an eye out for the invisible.

status and gear

Constant Effects
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]

• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

A.R.: 17, Main Body: 68, Upper Legs: 20 each, Forearms: 15 each, Shoulders: 13 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 20 each

Ammo:
(1) Empty Long eclip
-6 shots and active clip

Wakiza ignores the knight from a backwater world, he sighs, I've known you like 10 seconds kid. Even though the 'Knight' is probably older than Wak, Wakiza feels the miles he has put on due to the war and the damn Sploogs he is dealing with.

Wak recognizes each of the parties with a very slight bow and then buys the drinks. "Had a few classes with Lord Coake, but my master was Sir Taloquin who squired for Lord Coake himself." He nods to Tarja, "Yes there are plenty of less enlightened places where I am from as well." He enjoys the darts and company of the rugged knights before they head out.

In front of the hall, Wak looks to Vort, "you might want to mention that I am a seasoned Cyber Knight in the negotiations, as these knights seem to respect my Order. Good to know our reputation is global."
Wakiza
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:33 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 35

Vortigern quirks a brow towards Wakiza for a moment before giving a slight nod. "Very well sir, what is the name of this order? And how would you suggest I mention it?" he says, his tone thoughtful. A moment later he speaks again. "So you are from this same world we find ourselves in, then? Just not from this locale?" he asks, still considering in his tone. Some hesitation is in his manner, though he does not seem completely unreceptive.

I should give an advantage due consideration wherever it may present itself.

Vortigern Tracker
Vortigern

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features
Last edited by Vortigern on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:00 pm

Rolls and conditions as above.

status and gear

Constant Effects

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

Ammo:
(1) Empty Long eclip
-6 shots and active clip

Wak just smiles, "If they ask about our qualifications or history just tell them I'm one of Lord Coake's Cyber-Knights. It ought to be enough." Even though I haven't checked in with them in years. Well not completely true, I ran into Sir Drake a few months ago.

Wak nods, "They are speaking American, just with an accent, so I'm assuming we are still on Earth. Though stranger things have happened. Let's get going." Wak moves in keeping his eyed peeled.

Detect Concealment-- 1d100 = 34 / 68%
Intelligence-- 1d100 = 6 / 68%
Detect Ambush-- 1d100 = 96 / 73%
Last edited by Wakiza on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wakiza
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:40 pm

[Rolls Held]

Vortigern nods amiably as they continue into the building. "Very well. Perhaps one day I may yet meet this Lord Coake. He must be an interesting fellow if his Order inspires such respect and from so far away." he says, his tone speculative. "Are there any stipulations or requirements you would like me to put forward or request when we are negotiating? he asks a few moments later. "If there are any concerns perhaps we should discuss them prior to meeting with the Lord Chamberlain."

The Cyber-Knights... perhaps I should read about them in detail. I've never seen the like before.

Vortigern Tracker
Vortigern

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Rolls and conditions as above.

status and gear

Constant Effects

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

Ammo:
(1) Empty Long eclip
-6 shots and active clip

Wak nods solemnly, "Yes, he is an interesting man, wiser than I knew when I was younger." He laughs a bit, "I assume many young men feel similar about their father figures after they grow up a bit." He still should have rallied the knights against the deadboys. Under his influence, Tolkeen when not have become as deplorable as it did near the end.

"As to the negotiations, you seem an honorable sort, so I will stand back and leave it to you. I will interfere only if they ask something that I will not do, and you do not rebuff them. I am guessing you would only go so far for a paycheck as well."

King just stands behind the pair of knights listening and looking as bored and bionic killing machine can look.
Wakiza
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:12 pm

[Rolls Held]

Vortigern gives a brief nod. "While I have found honor to be defined differently in different cultures throughout my travels, I've also found most men of honor willing to accept those differences in stride as long as they can see some standards or consistent code is applied. And my feelings are much the same. We don't know one another very well Sir Wakiza. I can't promise you that my ideas concerning honor in any way match your own. I am curious to see how such things might align between us in the future no less than you seem to be. Yet I think we can both rest assured that we both do have such a moral standard which we consider most seriously in our decisions." Vortigern seems taken with further thoughts on the subject for a moment, yet doesn't voice them aloud.

Not that I learned much concerning honor at home. Perish the thought. My father after all considered honor a leash by which to lead the lower classes about, not something that a Gentleman should be constrained by if the reality of a situation didn't suit. House Taerea has fallen so very low. One day... One day I will make our name whole again.

Vortigern Tracker
Vortigern

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:48 am

Percep: 1d20+6 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 94

While they are still in the Pub, Analoy continues to enjoy her meal and ale as she, then joins in on the friendly game of darts. Quirking an eyebrow at the odd fellow, she watches as Vortigern does his best to get in a duel of honor over the differences in social standing between here and his home dimension. Oh, this man is going to be a joy to work with. But at least he seems trustworthy, so I guess there are worse things to deal with than a man offended by an offhand statement.

During the tense discussions, Analoy keeps quiet but gives her head a little shake as if to say, why do men always have to break out the tape measure.

When Tarja Fortaine speaks up, Analoy offers her a simple nod and a grin as she shrugs off the disagreement between the two men. Eventually she gives her new teammates a look and nods to the door, "Thanks for the game guys, but we have a lot to do today and really should get moving." With that said, she attempts to guide the team out of the Pub.

Analoy Epic Tracker
Analoy

Conditions:
None
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:39 am

[Rolls Held]

Vortigern heads into Vauxhall Cross and seeking to get his bearings he looks for any likely reception area or other local who might knowledgeable as to the interior of the building their customs. "Pardon yet we would seek an audience with Lord Chamberlain of the Order, or if he is unavailable perhaps speak to his Aid de Camp or Secretary to make an appointment for the same." he says, his tone crisp and polite.

And so we shall test the waters.
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:45 pm

At Vauxhal Cross, in a waiting room awaiting the Lord Chamberlain
    Time: 13:40:00 (when they are told to wait; 1500 hours is when the Lord Chamberlain is
    Temp: cool, but warm enough in the sun. Inside it is a constant 76 degrees.

As the group makes their way to the Fortress, the extra time interacting with the acolytes pays dividends. As they move upwards to speak to someone with importance, a thin, tanned, human with sandy blond hair and green eyes in a garish red jumpsuit, stands witha tall elf in Naruni armor and an elderly knight the trio of acolytes had warned was more tour guide than anything, despite his own self importance. Just as they step onto the elevator, Wakiza sees the elf light up a pair of twin crimson psi-swords. (If you know Ronith, you can recognize him, if not then you'll remember him if you see him again).

As they move upwards, they are brought to an office. A younger man moves to them. "Good day. I am Herzog Rivain, executive assistant to the Lord Chamberlain. Lord Chamberlain Draygus is in counsel. If you wish to wait, you can, or I can set you an appointment. You're welcome to wait here, or on the first floor in the museum, as you prefer if you'd rather wait." His attitude doesn't suggest a long wait, but he doesn't offer any timelines either.

Assuming they wait, the six of them find they must entertain themselves. Magazines, published in Bath and Camelot, describe local night life and attractions. One (with multiple issues) is a publication for mercenaries by mercenaries, that lists ads for all kinds of stores in Bath that sell self defense weapons and armor. Most of the goods mentioned are short and medium range ultramodern and modern weapons, body armor, and light vehicles for sale to any buyer not affiliated with Berwynmoore or the Goblin Kingdom of Wales. Yet more advertisements list armaments of someplace called Royal Scottish Armaments, or SRA for short. Their fair seems more or less the equal of Northern Gun, including offering heavy weapons, power armor, robot vehicles, and heavier traditional vehicles. One of the last advertisements is for a place that sells traditional and unique mounts for knights, scouts, and adventurers alike. Some battle reports and a lively "letters to the editors" section round out the magazine.

It's an hour and a half later before the Lord Chamberlain arrives. If they were expecting an imposing man, they were wrong and yet oh-so-right. Instead they see a wolfen stride in, tossing a pad to his assistant, he speaks to him further when he sees the group. It's hard to read wolfen expressions for humans, but annoyance is easy to see in his demeanor. It softens some as he begins speaking to the party - it's clear they are not the cause of his concern. "So you had the investigating and intelligence gathering skills to figure out to talk to me instead of getting the run around. And you have the patience to wait quietly while doing it. So, what can the Knights of Vauxhall Cross do for you today my good people?" He doesn't favor any person, but rather looks over the entire group at once.
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Vortigern » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:49 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 86

Vortigern steps slightly forward and gives a courtly bow that is only somewhat abbreviated due to his being in full armor. "Lord Chamberlain, an honor and a pleasure. I am Sir Vortigern Taerea. Knight, Circle Sorcerer, and sometime sellsword. Please allow me to introduce Sir Wakiza, of the Order of Cyber-Knights under the leadership of Lord Coake. And also the Lady Analoy, whose prowess and talents are likewise beyond questioning as a lady imbued with the esoteric magics of mystical tattoos and trained in their use." he says, inclining his head as he gestures to his companions. "Here also is King, a warrior cyborg, Titus, a trained legionary soldier and infantryman, and James, our scout and reconnaissance man. Good men all." he says.

We shall see if his perceptions of us line up with my banter or not soon enough!

Finishing the introductions and settles his hands casually onto his belt and gives a thoughtful pause before he continues. "My Lord we are given to understand your Order is gathering blades, and for no small cause. That both this kingdom and this land lay under the darkening cloud of a variety of growing threats. We have travelled from afar, indeed very far, seeking not only fortune and acclaim yet sacred honor. And we have hopes that mayhap your Order is where we may find all three." he says, a hand rising to stroke the braided tip of his beard hanging down beneath his helmet. "We are no small or casual company. Well capable of difficult or delicate contracts either one. I would speak plainly then. If your lordship has need and contracts on offer, we are open to discussing missions and terms. We should also like to discuss proper charter and arrangements for operation under your auspices and within the kingdom and the surrounding lands, should we come to terms."
Last edited by Vortigern on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Perception: 1d20+10 = 23
JiC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 6

status and gear

Constant Effects

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

Ammo:
(1) Empty Long eclip
-6 shots and active clip

Wak sees the Cyber-Knight just before the elevator closes, Spirits who is that? Don't think I know that elf, but he is a Cyber-Knight. Interesting, I wonder if he was dragged here too? Wak speaks, "There is another Cyber-Knight here! Not sure I recognize him."

Wak nods as Vort introduces him. Well, let's see how he does in negotiations. This was always my least favorite part about joining a merc outfit. I would like to find that elven knight though just to see if I can get a better lay of the land.
Wakiza
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:39 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 26
JIC: 1d20 = 4 1d100 = 72

Seeing that the Lord Chamberlain is a Wolfen, Analoy cuts a look from the magazine she's flipping through over to Titus and raises an eyebrow, as if to ask He's one of you, any chance you have a way in with him? Then she makes a dismissive hand motion, That's unlikely. Kind of like assuming every human knows each other.

When Vortigern starts introducing people, Analoy hops to her feet and gives James a slap on the leg. "Come on, get up. Its polite and an easy show of respect." James shrugs back and Analoy prods him again, as the man finally gets to his feet and they both give a small bow of the head to Lord Chamberlain.

Analoy then looks to the Lord Chamberlain "Sir, we also have a little information we'd be happy to convey to you in regard to a threat we've become aware of. Something called the Mechanoids."

Analoy Epic Tracker
Analoy

Conditions:
None
Last edited by Analoy on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:23 pm

At Vauxhal Cross, meeting with the Lord Chamberlain
    Time: 15:03:00

The Lord Chamberlain's face is caught in a freeze that tells the very perceptive (Wak and Analoy) that he is controlling a strong reaction. He smoothes it out after a moment, and talks smoothly. "Well I have been looking at getting a recon team sent to look into something, and that term you used was in the fringe of some reports we've been recieving. Seeing as how I cannot get a team of our scouts to do it, I believe an outside contract might work out. Pay is 800 credits each, per week. I don't expect it will go over that. I'll offer full salvage rights, though we'll pay a premium bounty for any examples of their tech and in particular their power cells. I've heard stories from our companions across the sea. The Forge-Knights set the bounty, not me, but it's fair." He nods towards Wakiza at this, obviously referring to the cyber-knights. "We'll also offer room and board in our guest quarters, and access to the diplomatic and administrative cafeteria. We'll also assign a local liason to help you find any gear you need. We will expect you to provide your own, though we will issue you a communication device for us as well. We'll offer you full medical care while you're here." He looks at King. "We'll also give you a full checkup if you haven't had one recently." In addition we'll charge your energy magazines free of charge.

OOC Note
The pay is almost the same as a well paid NCO or average paid low ranking officer from a Merc Company with Excellent Salaries. (Mercenaries p. 18-9). There's room for negotiation, but keep that in mind.
Once pay is resolved, he turns to Analoy expectantly. "So what can you tell us about these Mechanoids? I know what they are, for we sent teams to help Lazlo when they issued the Edict for Planetary Distress. But I doubt you're here to talk about anything from that time. Afterwards, I'll make clear what we know and lay out the particulars of the mission."
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Vortigern » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:39 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 13
JIC: 1d100 = 54

Vortigern reaches up and thoughtfully strokes the thin braid of his beard, clearly weighing his words, before gives a shallow nod. "My Lord, I believe that it is a fair offer for a group whose capabilities is largely unknown and untested to your eye. I accept in light of knowing your position. I believe however that after this mission we will have displayed such capability and prowess you will readily concede we are worthy of both more compensation and responsibility. We are, our almost our company entirely, specialists and the like whose time and prowess is worth a considerable premium. To be revisited in the more flattering light of victory. On that note, for myself, I request access to the component stores of your own Circle Sorcerers so that I may properly prepare for our departure." he says, speaking somewhat with his hands as he goes. Then he nods towards Analoy giving her a moment to speak.
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:20 am

GM Mini-reply
"I would, had we any. It's the militia that has all the circle mages, neither we nor the Knights Eternal have them. But I can have our quartermaster set you up with a local vendor and get you a small discount at least. And certainly, we'll revisit compensation based on your performance. That is reasonable."
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Analoy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:48 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 74

Analoy holds a hard look on the Lord Chamberlain for a moment, We no nothing about these people but they seem just and fair. And I'm guessing Sir Reginald won't send us home until the job is done. Though he did say that this is now for most of us. I guess I could try and get home on my own. But for that I need money which puts me right back here looking for a job. She says, "I except the offer as scout. As far as the Mechanoids, we do not have a great deal of information. If I were an artist, I could draw out some images I've seen but you would do well to tell the citizens here to stay clear of any unknown cyborg creature."

James steps forward and says, "Our information states that they are a devouring swam whose sole purpose is to destroy all humanoid life." James nods to Analoy and claps the woman on the shoulder as the wait for approval from Lord Chamberlain.
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:00 pm

[Rolls Held]

Vortigern nods as Analoy and James speak, seeming to readily agree, though he does raise a brow slightly within his helmet as she states her acceptance of the contract. "It is one of threats we heard tell of that gave us cause to come to your aid. By all report they are the more serious one at hand, or soon will be. Is this the threat you wish us to scout out for you?" he asks, his tone light and genial.

I already accepted the contract. Do you want him to think we aren't unified? Psh. No matter. We'll just have to present a better front next time, on the plate of success. We will make it so. Cybernetics is a great sorcery of artifice on it's own, yet I am sure we can give them pause regardless. If this kingdom is as stalwart and might in the Arts as it seems then the enemy will bend the knee I have small doubt.

Titus keeps silent through most of the discussion until the contract has been accepted. After the others he chimes in briefly. "Lord Chamberlain, will you be sending any other forces along with us or is this mission for us alone?" he says, stepping forward slightly to voice his question. "And depending on how far afield you want us to range we will need transport or mounts of some kind."
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:30 pm

Perception: 1d20+10 = 15
JiC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 45

status and gear

Constant Effects

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

Ammo:
(1) Empty Long eclip
-6 shots and active clip

Wak nods to the Knight as he mentions home.

After hearing the offer, Wak stifles a smile, He can't get his own people to scout out a dangerous area, but he is willing to send in mercs to do at no more than the cost of paying his own. If I were home listening to this offer I would laugh them out of the Roughnecks HQ and say I wouldn't risk any of my teammates for such a paltry sum. And in reality, the risk is massive as I know what were are supposed to find. Damnable Mechanoids. I doubt those bounties are fair either, especially for the risk involved! This guy has to know that mechanoids represent a worldwide threat and he wants to send us to scout out that threat for less than 5k. It is almost disrespectful.

Wak starts to feel anger rising from a place he doesn't fully understand. Wak tries to focus and manages to push down the influence of Derilan for the moment, Remember he doesn't know us. Oh well, it is a good thing I just want to get back home. Wonder if there is a way to redirect some of the mechanoids to Atlantis. Wak does smile at the last thought. That would be a serious bonus and would make this detour worth it. Wak speaks up, "I assume we will have access to charging e-clips while we are here? Oh, by the way, what is the average price of a low-level energy pistol in this town?" He is insinuating that their weekly pay for the entire group to scout out a menace to all life on the planet wouldn't even buy one cheap gun.

The Lord Chamberlain gets no indication of whether his offer is considered favorable from the giant combat borg standing behind Wak. He just stands in silence awaiting the results of the negotiations.
Wakiza
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:13 pm

Time: 15:05:00

To Titus, he nods. "Transport is a good point. I'll give you your choice of robot horses or we have a few hover or wheeled scout vehicles you can use for the duration. The vehicles have some mounted weapons, but aren't really front line combat vehicles." Vortigern can see an almost imperceptable wince at Wakiza's statement, which is followed by another statement. "I'll also open up our armory to you, longarm, side arm, and melee weapon of choice, plus grenades and any tactical gear you need, on loan of course, and yes, e-clip recharge is a given. I can't send anyone else though. I will have some forces in the area on another matter and they can respond to any actionable intel if you can provide it."

He pauses, looks the group over, and nods. "Alright, the mission details are as follows: We have a series of reports of mechanical monsters attacking villages and patrols of Eternal Knight troops north of here. I've got good maps of the area. We have thoroughly reconned the area in the past. I don't need you to engage, only get good recon. I'd never send such a small force into any real action without a lot more support. It's not how we operate. We can have you reasonably ready to go in about thirty minutes, but leave when you're ready and get back to us. I'll have a datapad with contact information and methods in whatever vehicle you choose."
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Vortigern » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:09 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 98

Vortigern nods for a moment towards Wakiza as the man artfully speaks without saying. Vortigern plainly does not seem to find much disagreement, despite his willingness to accept terms. "My Lord we then need parameters for what sort of intelligence you are seeking. And under which circumstances you would be willing to authorize reinforcement for a more aggressive mission. Is this simply an area sweep to report what is there? Or presumably you wish us to locate the staging area from which these raids are sourced? If this is accomplished and an attack is then ordered which you would naturally expect us to participate in ... our mission and general levels of risk will of course change. Also... has anyone captured one of the enemy at this time? Would it be desired for us to attempt to do so?"

Few things can be a like source of intelligence to an enemy compelled to divulge all.
Last edited by Vortigern on Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:04 pm

Perception: 1d20+10 = 23
JiC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 8

status and gear

Constant Effects

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

Ammo:
(1) Empty Long eclip
-6 shots and active clip

Wak smiles just a bit at Vort and then speaks up, "I'll take a robot horse, charge my empty clips and throw in a few extra clips and I'm good." Well as good as I can be going into a potential world-changing situation with a crew I'm not very familiar with. "Ohh and maybe some camera gear so we can get some good images. Preferably something small and portable that we can attach to our helmets." Wak awaits the response from Lord Chamberlain to Vort's questions. If he gets the gear he is ready to go.

King speak up, "I could use a heavy motorcycle, a giant vibrosword, a mini-missile launcher with whatever missiles you can spare and some extra e-clips. If you have any ammo that works with my rifle, I could use a reload or two. Also, if you have any spare borg armor that would be great too." He is also ready to go when he has the loaner gear.
Wakiza
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:38 am

[Rolls Held]

Vortigern nods in agreement once again. "A Simulacrum Horse for myself as well. As for weapons if your armory keeps archery weapons suitable for combat I would like to examine them and make a selection. I am a hand with a bow, though not exceptional. Perhaps in time." A moment of pauses before he continues, gesturing with his hands. "Also, Lordship, is there any information your men have collected regarding these creatures previously? Anything that could be shared regarding their nature and abilities before we depart could assist us in our preparations."

Something is off here, though I'm not certain what. He isn't sharing everything. But he seems earnest enough in what he does say. There are ... happenings behind the throne, perhaps?

Titus takes in the answers to his questions and again lets the others make their exchanges before chiming in with his own. "I'll take a horse as well then, Lord. And whatever maps of the region you may have."

Vortigern Tracker
Vortigern

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:08 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 52

No sense wasting magic on a mount. Analoy speaks up and says, "I could do with a robot horse or a hovercycle." She looks over to James and he shakes his head, "No horse for me, thanks. I'd like a little jeep or similar if you have it." To which Analoy follows up by saying, "In that case I'll just ride shotgun with James." She gives James a wink, "Don't worry. If anything nasty comes along, I'll keep them off our back."

Turning back to the Lord, Analoy says, "I could use a side arm, other than that just some spare E-clips and a satchel of grenades will do it for James and I." She looks over at James and he gives a nod back in acceptance.

When Vortigern speaks up questioning about specific courses of action, Analoy and James both easy back and let the more verbose man press the Lord for details.

Analoy Epic Tracker
Analoy

Conditions:
None

Link to James Miller's sheet
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:24 am

[Rolls Held]

Vortigern pauses a moment as Analoy speaks, shifting his weight from one leg to the other and folding his arms over his chest as he measures his next words to the Lord Chamberlain. "My Lord. Are there any reports from previous engagements? Any veterans who may have fought these enemies previously that we could interview before we depart? Any intelligence that might give insight into our enemy may prove of benefit. Whether as to the composition and capabilities of their forces or the tactics they use ... much less their number and disposition. I realize we are tasked with acquiring just this sort of information yet nor would it be wise for us therefore to depart without acquiring to some degree what is already known here, if anything."

I grow impatient with this man. If I had the funds ... I should raise a company of my own and set them against the enemy on my own terms. Yet for now the purse strings are held here. For now.
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:33 pm

[rolls held]

Analoy turns and looks to Vortigern, then gives him a nod. Good call. Not sure where you're from my verbose friend but you do have a head on those shoulders. Now if only I could find a magic ring or some-such that would protect me from the cold.

She leans over to Vortigern and whispers, "I'm betting that datapad thing will have all the info on it. But its always good to make sure they know what you want."

Analoy leans back over and looks around the room at the others in their newly formed party. "Well, now that that is done lets get moving. Or do we have more questions?" Eyes flicking from face to face, she thinks Come one, let get this job over with. I've got things I need to do back home and they don't include mad killer borgs... well, maybe not.
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:10 am

Post in Progress

OOC Comments
    Time: 15:10:00

The Lord Chamberlain nods to your questions and requests. "I'll have our quartermaster outfit you and give you all the information we have. There is a small team of knights in the area, but they have not reported in for a while. Either they are in active conflict or something worse has happened. Either way, they don't feel a radio call is worth the risk. If you see them, coordinate your efforts and bring back their intelligence as well as yours. As for what I want, troop numbers and force organization and composition, are there civilians that at risk or safe, and/or can they be made safe, what sort of magical and ultratech assets are at their disposal. What kind of approaches can forces make. Is there a way to insert an advance force and hit them hard enough to dislodge them, or better, destroy them. Is there an enemy at all? Are people just making things up or seeing illusions meant to scare them away. I doubt the latter, but I have to bring it up."

He thinks about what he knows. "The mechanoids are a cybernetic and psychic beings who hate all humanoid life, and generally use lasers and plasma weapons. Their technology is EMP resistant, and its designed for destroying all humanoid life. We got a download on them from Lazlo years ago. I'll include it. To be honest we've never really faced them, except years ago on the east coast of the Americas. I think maybe a dozen knights took part in it. We were dealing with a goblin invasion at the time too."

At Vauxhal Cross, At the Armory near the vehicle hanger
    Time: 15:40:00
The group is outfitted with helmet or shoulder cameras and a black box style receiver/server they all connect to with a five mile range on comms and streaming imagery. Their existing comms can tie into the network quite easily. The staff at the armory get them set up quite efficiently. Analoy is walked through the features of the weapon she draws, as are the others. Vortigern is given a choice of modern compound bows (770' range base), a case of 100 explosive arrows, and a modern rack style quiver with 10 explosive arrows in it.
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby CS High Command » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:18 am

Time: 15:10:00

The Lord Chamberlain nods to your questions and requests. "I'll have our quartermaster outfit you and give you all the information we have. There is a small team of knights in the area, but they have not reported in for a while. Either they are in active conflict or something worse has happened. Either way, they don't feel a radio call is worth the risk. If you see them, coordinate your efforts and bring back their intelligence as well as yours. As for what I want, troop numbers and force organization and composition, are there civilians that at risk or safe, and/or can they be made safe, what sort of magical and ultratech assets are at their disposal. What kind of approaches can forces make. Is there a way to insert an advance force and hit them hard enough to dislodge them, or better, destroy them. Is there an enemy at all? Are people just making things up or seeing illusions meant to scare them away. I doubt the latter, but I have to bring it up."

He thinks about what he knows. "The mechanoids are a cybernetic and psychic beings who hate all humanoid life, and generally use lasers and plasma weapons. Their technology is EMP resistant, and its designed for destroying all humanoid life. We got a download on them from Lazlo years ago. I'll include it. To be honest we've never really faced them, except years ago on the east coast of the Americas. I think maybe a dozen knights took part in it. We were dealing with a goblin invasion at the time too."

Village of Sutton Downs
    Time: 17:30:00
    Ley Line info: You are within two miles of a ley line and ten miles of a nexus.
The group is outfitted with helmet or shoulder cameras and a black box style receiver/server they all connect to with a five mile range on comms and streaming imagery. Their existing comms can tie into the network quite easily. The staff at the armory get them set up quite efficiently. Analoy is walked through the features of the weapon she draws, as are the others. Vortigern is given a choice of modern compound bows (770' range base), a case of 100 explosive arrows, and a modern rack style quiver with 10 explosive arrows in it.

The group is given vehicles and robot horses and sets out for the target area. They have maps for the area, which show a few features of note. There is a nexus, but it's about ten miles away from where you are. There is a village very nearby - a cluster of farms really. There's an old town near the nexus as well, but it's ancient beyond measure. The only civic building in the village are a group of warehouses that are guarded by the locals collectively, a small boarding house, a feed, seed, and dry goods store attached to the warehouses, and a church that doubles as a meeting hall. All in all, an idyllic English farming village. As the group pulls up in Vauxhall Knights marked vehicles, a figure tears out from the dry goods store and runs up to the jeep with Analoy and James. He stops short when he doesn't see who he is expecting. "Uhh, where's the other blokes? Kelley and her lot? You guys backup?" He's obviously one of the people working the store. When asked his name he shakes his head and looks apologetic. "Sorry miss, sirs. Name's Kirk. I work for Mr. Dunhill at the feed and seed store. The other group of knights has been patrolling for a day or so and the attacks have kept happening. We lost a farm last night. No bodies, except one of the hands we know was armed. Place was ransacked with blast marks everywhere. Neighbors found it when they came to investigate the smoke." If asked, he gives directions to the farm which is maybe a ten minute ride/drive.
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Analoy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:14 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 87

Analoy shrugs into the straps for a shoulder camera with pistol holster and waits as the tech syncs up the camera and her comms to the black box. Packing up the additional weaponry, Analoy shoots a grin to James then looks over the rest of the party, "If everyone has what they need, we should likely get moving. I suggest we start be looking for the team of Knights that was in the area. We'll need to be careful though, they may just be keeping dark while they gather intell. But if things went the other way with them, its likely our best chance to local the enemy."

Stowing the rifle Sir Reginald Smythe gave her, as well as the extra e-clips and grenades in the back of the jeep, as James climbs into the driver's seat. Analoy slips into the passenger seat, adjusting the borrower pistol in the shoulder holster and draping the SA-L20 across her lap as they set out.

When they arrive at the village, Analoy smiles at Kirk when he runs out and listens to what he has to say, then replies, "Not backup, just out to scout around and look in on Kelley and his men. We'll be happy to go take a look at the farm if you could point the way." Her look changes to one of concern, "We could also use any information you have on Kelley's last know location." She furrows her brows in a sympathetic expression. Okay, this mess sounds exactly like what happened at my parents homestead....do you think it could have been these mechanoids that attacked us?

Analoy Epic Tracker
Analoy

Conditions:
None

Last edited by Analoy on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:29 pm

GM Mini Reply
"Well, they were going to check out the 'usual suspects, something about goblins, but these don't look like goblin tracks.One of the creatures has to be over ten feet by the steps. Another was shorter, and another still had weird looking feet."
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Analoy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:36 pm

[rolls held]

Analoy takes mental notes as the boy talks, Okay, at the very least we're looking at three different types of possible mechanoids, or something else. Whatever it was, its either cut off Kelley's squad or taken it out.

As the kid finishes up, Analoy glances around to the others and nods. The turning back to Kirk, says, "This sounds a lot like what we were sent out to look for. It might be best if you pass the word around town that everyone should keep an eye out for trouble. Might also be a good idea to have everyone pull in and hold up in the meeting hall." After a nod to the kid, hoping to get an agreeing nod, Analoy says, "Where were those foot prints found?"

Analoy Epic Tracker
Analoy

Conditions:
None

Last edited by Analoy on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:08 pm

GM Mini Post
The young man answers, "All around the farm. You can't miss them. And I'll let Mr. Dunhill know."
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Wakiza » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:11 pm

Perception: 1d20+10 = 15
JiC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 31

Conditions: Wak cycles to thermal vision every few minutes to keep an eye out for the invisible; Advanced Combat Awareness.

status and gear

Constant Effects

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

These cameras are nice and will make it easier to update them on the intel. "Nice horse! Always wanted to pick one of these up."

Wak enjoys the ride out on the Robot Horse. He is about to respond to the villagers, but Analoy speaks up first. He listens and follows them to the farm. Wak speaks up, "How long have Kelley and the others been out on the trail?" Hmm these are interesting tracks. Wak looks around the farm and at the tracks to see what he can find. He uses all of his cybernetic enhancements, eye and ears.

Tracking-- 1d100 = 3 / 68%
Detect Ambush-- 1d100 = 30 / 73%
Detect Concealment-- 1d100 = 88 / 68%
Lore: Demon & Monsters-- 1d100 = 99 / 88%
Wakiza
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Analoy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:01 pm

[rolls held]

Intelligence 62%=1d100 = 92
Tracking: People 60%=1d100 = 66
Detect Ambush 65%=1d100 = 87
Trap & Mine Detection 40%=1d100 = 12

Analoy gives Kirk a nod, then after getting directions to the farm, looks around questioningly to the others in the party. If no one has any objections she nods and slaps James on the shoulder, "Lets move it out." She readies her rifle as they pull away from the little village center and head to the farm that suffered the raid.

Wakiza wrote:"How long have Kelley and the others been out on the trail?"

Analoy replies, "No one has said for certain. Lord Chamberlain did mention that the Knights hadn't reported in in a while. But Kirk said Kelley's been patrolling for a day or so and the farm was lost last night. He didn't say if they saw Kelley's team this morning. I'd estimate the last sighting on Kelley at one to three days." She shrugs to show she's not exactly confident in that estimate.

As they arrive at the farm, Analoy motions James to stop the jeep. Then she gets out and starts checking the place out. She looks a the tracks and foot prints left behind. Trying to identify the ones Kirk spoke about. She glances over to Wakiza and Vortigern from time to time to see if they've found anything of note.

Analoy Epic Tracker
Analoy

Conditions:
None

Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:35 am

Farm Attack Site
    Time: 17:50:00
    Ley Line info: You are within two and a half miles of two ley lines and nine miles of two nexii, and 8 miles of a third.
    Temperature: Getting chilly as the sun creeps down (55 degrees or so). Slightly windy.
Arriving at the remnants of the farm is like walking onto a smoldering battlefield, but without the smell and sight of death. Only one area looks like it held a body, and that has been removed. There are all sorts of signs of energy weapon and vibro-blade use. Looking at the tracks and referring to your guide, you see the force was largely robotic in nature. The Thinman and Runt units. Led by what the guide calls a Runner - some sort of troubleshooter Mechanoid. There are tracks everywhere, but Wakiza can make sense of the senseless it seems. He indicates that they seem to be retreating northwest. Analoy, for her part, can't find anything to refute what Wakiza finds. She can't find any sign of ambush or traps of any type. The signs of forcible abduction are everywhere. A doll lies discarded and stepped on, a bowl of overturned muffins scattered across a room, a door cut apart and hanging off two hinges, and marks of people trying to hold on and failing.

There's also sign of human footsteps after the body was removed. They seem to observe the scene. They lead back to a set of vehicle tracks and then head off northwest after the robot tracks. Someone else is on the trail.
CS High Command
Game Master

Previous

Return to 2017 Epic Adventures