Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

This is where the epic adventure threads can be accessed.

Moderators: Augur, Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:27 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 13 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 55

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 69%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Impervious to Possession
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • I.S.P.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 60/78
  • P.P.E.: 508/572
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus. Psychic power range and duration increased 50%
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 11 min | 60/60 M.D.C. | 1/2 damage from magic cold, electicity, and fire
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 |11 min | 400' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • Tongues: 11.75 min | Speak/Understand any language at 98%
  • Sustain: Duration: 10 days |
  • Energy Sphere 1: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Energy Sphere 2: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days


Lore: Magic 104%/94%/79% vs 1d100 = 15 | Pass | Identify Silhouette's spell
Lore: Demons & Monsters 109% vs 1d100 = 85 | Pass | Useful info on Echo's devil dragon if it makes an appearance.


During the minute Sorrenson is getting ready:

Grant takes a few deep breaths after the sprint as he stops next to the Drudge after running out of the building. Despite the danger, Grant casts Cleanse upon himself to whisk away what little sweat may have occurred. Did someone just read my mind? Grant thinks, What was I thinking about? My pistol. Then he sees an insubstanital Silhouette turn solid holding out his gear . He takes his pistol, distracted by her magic, he can only say, "Thanks." as he takes it and buckles it on. That wasn't an astral projection, one can't just materialize at will with that spell. He wants to ask her about the spell, the frustration on his face as it wars with the knowledge that he and his team are still in danger. "If we ever get a quiet moment, we," Grant looks up to include the Drudge, "three should discuss the various magics of where we are from, just knowledge of them can mean new insights."

The mage does a quick head count. Sorrenson, check. Silhouette, check. Spade, check. James...where is James? "Where is the Lieutenant? Did he find the alley where Echo said he was headed?" Grant looks around, and then clicks on his radio. "Lieutenant Howlett, can you hear me? What is your position?"

Contingency 1: If James answers that he's stuck, Grant says, "Silhouette, can you locate him and pull him out like you did our gear? Or more likely he takes this moment to stand on his principles and refuse, so report his location back to Sorrenson? Sorrenson, your robot looks like it may have been originally built for similar kind of work. Do you think you could dig him out?"

Contingency 2: If James doesn't answer, Grant says, "Okay, we will have to look for him after we get Echo. Silhouette, is any of James' stuff in that bag? We might be able to divine his location using it."

In either case, Grant begins moving towards the alley, he clicks on the radio again, "Echo, do you still need our assistance, we've temporarily lost the Lieutenant and part of the building has collapsed." Grant stops just short of the alley to cast some magic, offsetting the cost with the energy of the nearby nexus (20 P.P.E.). First he casts some defensive magic: Fleet Feet, Invulnerability, and Fly as an Eagle. He then casts Shadesword, he looks up at the others around him, he holds up the blade of shadow, a small smile on his face, "Just in case harsh language doesn't work, I'll keep this handy for any close encounters."

At the alley:

Grant takes a moment to look around the alley, using his innate ability to see magical energy along with the temporary ability to see the invisible for anything laying in wait. If nothing is there, he walks down the alley looking for Echo. If combat ensues, he lifts off the ground to gain maneuverability. if combat doesn't happen he flies back to Sorrenson and Silhouette to search for James.

Combat Contingency
APM: 16
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 15
Critical Strike from behind or on natural 18-20
Deathblow on natural 20

  1. Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 22, Damage: (6d6)*2 = 0 M.D. Darn dice roller: 6d6*2 = 26
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 20
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 30
  2. Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 22, Damage: (6d6)*2 = 0 M.D. Darn dice roller: 6d6*2 = 46
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 29
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 22
  3. Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 33 crit!, Damage: (6d6)*2 = 0 M.D. Darn dice roller: 6d6*2 = 34
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 27
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 16
  4. Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 24, Damage: (6d6)*2 = 0 M.D. Darn dice roller: 6d6*2 = 36
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 28
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 12
  5. Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 17, Damage: (6d6)*2 = 0 M.D. Darn dice roller: 6d6*2 = 40
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 15
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 12
  6. Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 19, Damage: (6d6)*2 = 0 M.D. Darn dice roller: 6d6*2 = 48
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 29
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 25
  7. Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 16, Damage: (6d6)*2 = 0 M.D. Darn dice roller: 6d6*2 = 44
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 18
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 20
  8. Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 20, Damage: (6d6)*2 = 0 M.D. Darn dice roller: 6d6*2 = 30
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 16
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 17
  9. Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 15, Damage: (6d6)*2 = 0 M.D. Darn dice roller: 6d6*2 = 54
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 23
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 18
  10. Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 31, Damage: (6d6)*2 = 0 M.D. Darn dice roller: 6d6*2 = 40
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 20
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 18
  11. Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 21, Damage: (6d6)*2 = 0 M.D. Darn dice roller: 6d6*2 = 40
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 20
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 29
  12. Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 28, Damage: (6d6)*2 = 0 M.D. Darn dice roller: 6d6*2 = 48
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 30
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 20
  13. Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 29, Damage: (6d6)*2 = 0 M.D. Darn dice roller: 6d6*2 = 46
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 20
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 14
  14. Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 17, Damage: (6d6)*2 = 0 M.D. Darn dice roller: 6d6*2 = 46
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 29
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 14
  15. Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 20, Damage: (6d6)*2 = 0 M.D. Darn dice roller: 6d6*2 = 54
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 32
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 13
  16. Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 28, Damage: (6d6)*2 = 0 M.D. Darn dice roller: 6d6*2 = 52
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 20
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 29

HTH Bonus Calculations
Strike: +3 WP, + 7 PP, +4 HTH = +14
Parry: +2 WP +7 PP +4 HTH +1 FaaE = +14
Dodge: +7 PP +2 HTH + 2 FaaE = +11

Spells Cast
Range, duration, and damage doubled within 1 mile of a nexus
  • Cleanse | BOM 93 | 6 P.P.E. | Self | Instantly cleans body and clothes
  • Fleet Feet | PF2 186 | 20 P.P.E. | 6 min | Self | Double P.P. (28: +7 S/P/D) Spd (64 - 20 yards/action), APM (16), -2 Initiative, -20% skills requiring delicate touch
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 P.P.E. | 240 min | Self | 50 mph (23 yards/action), +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invulnerability | 25 P.P.E. | 3 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Shadeword | PF12 80 | 22 P.P.E. | 24 min | 6d6 M.D.x2 per strike + Save vs Spell Strength 14 or be -2 Strike/Parry for 1 melee round. Each additional success applies culmulative penalties and extends the duration by 1 melee round

Expected P.P.E. Use: 78 P.P.E.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 17+3=20
JiC: 1d100 = 97 // 1d20 = 3
OOC Comments
Saves
Save vs Horror Factor: 1d20 = 13+4=17
Save vs Magic: 1d20 = 20+2=22
Save vs Psionic: 1d20 = 17+1=18
Skilles
Undercover Ops: 1d100 = 58/63% (Maintain Persona)
Prowl: 1d100 = 61/66% (Stay as quiet as possible to avoid the Deevil Dragon from getting a proper fix on him)
Concealment: 1d100 = 89/49% (Hide if need be)
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 41/68% (Ensure he doesn't dart into an ambush)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 38/66% (Remain composed, rational and deadly)
Invoke Intimidation: 1d100 = 25/30% (Speak with force to the Deevil Dragon, attempt to anger it to make it sloppy)


Steve wrote:"Sir, the corridor heading to the alley is only one story tall, and only a ten or twelve ceiling. The dragon would have a hard time following you."

Echo smiles during his darts and responds, "Excellent, thank you. Organize the Security Force to contain the situation and protect the civilians. I will deal with this fiend" Echo orders before continuing his maneuvering.

When the Deevil Dragon starts tearing apart the hallway to get to him he scowls and activates his speakers again, "Must be so infuriating that a fiend your size can't catch something like me. Don't give up, I've already picked where your head is going on my wall." Echo taunts in hopes of angering the beast even more and making it follow him angrily and in a rush. Civilian casualties not a concern at this point, this beast must be dealt with. Hopefully the Security Staff is half-way capable in securing the main floor but then again, I did just walk in and take over. Doesn't say much for their aptitude. Who knows, some of these cats may be useful later. Echo thinks to himself as he dodges through the hallways and away from the deevil dragon.

During transit, he will radio the group. "I have the Security Staff attempting to secure the main floor and the large deevil dragon is pretty dead set on eating me. Normally I'd be flattered but we're crunched for time, I am leading it to the back alley which should provide an excellent ambush point. Also, it seems to be tearing through the joint, so watch out for collapsing walls and/or debris." Echo states and warns.

He will only take a shot at the dragon if it decides to change targets, Echo wants its attention, otherwise Echo will continue out to the Alleyway and find a secure spot to ambush the fiend when it smashes through the wall.

Decisive Actions
APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20 = 9+8=17
Parries (if applicable): 1d20 = 4+11=15| 1d20 = 9+11=20 | 1d20 = 9+11=20| 1d20 = 2+11=13 | 1d20 = 14+11=25 | 1d20 = 5+11=16| 1d20 = 8+11=19 | 1d20 = 12+11=23
Dodge Actions (3 dedicated): 1d20 = 19+30| 1d20 = 14+11=25| 1d20 = 15+11=26

Action 1: Radio Steve, Continue Jetpack maneuvering. Pilot, Jet Pack: 1d100 = 7/76%
Action 2: Taunt Dragon, Continue maneuvering. Pilot, Jet Pack: 1d100 = 21/76%
Action 3: Radio Group, Continue maneuvering. Pilot, Jet Pack: 1d100 = 36/76%

Action 4: Should be outside by now, find spot to hide. Concealment and Prowl seen above
Action 5: Wait until Dragon shows up or group shows up. Ready to ambush dragon. Strike: 1d20 = 18+8=26, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 100


Echo Sig Details

Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
H.P.: 50/50 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot
Wilk's 237 "Backup" | Range: 500' | Damage: 3D6 Single or 6D6 Double | Rate of Fire: SS | Payload: Long E-Clip 16/16 | Modifiers: +2 Strike on Aimed Shots
Armor: NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor | N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby James Howlett » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 17
Just in Case: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 15
Constant Effects
Conditions: Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% (50% vs Armed Forces Personnel), Charm/Impress: -10%.
Scarred, ugly man: -5% on skills like Gambling, Intelligence (gathering), Performance, Public Speaking, and Undercover Ops, and -20% to Seduction. Note: +5% to Interrogation skill, Limited Sense of touch: -15% to skills that require manual dexterity.
Cybernetic Senses: Cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye (Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000', Macro Lens: 2x to 8x magnification, range: 3', Passive Nightvision: 2,000', Thermo-Imaging: 2,000', Light Filters: Reduces glare, Targeting Display: Imposes cross-hairs on a target, adding a bonus of +1 to Strike with any ranged weapon.) Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Sensor Hand (Heat: Temperature at 4-6 inch range, Motion detector: Bionics Sourcebook page 36-37, Radiation Detector: As per Geiger Counter, Gyro-Compass: All cardinal directions as well as up down, Clock-Calendar: Date/Time down to the hundredth of a second.)

Armor of Ithan | 60 M.D.C. | 12 min | 1/2 damage from magical cold, electricity, and fire
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
P.P.E.: 4
H.P.: 42
S.D.C.: 61
M.D.C. by Location:
• Hands (2): 50 each.
• Forearms (2): 50 each.
• “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40
• Upper Arms (2): 70 each.
• Legs (2): 90 each.
• Bionic Ribs: 13
• Bionic Pelvis: 13
• Bionic Spine: 13


James is a bit disoriented. What happened? where am I? It quickly comes to James that he's where he was, save that the ceiling is now directly on top of him and not above like normal ceilings. Quite rude Ceiling. James thinks sardonically. Grunting a bit, James finds he is unhurt, and that he can sort of move. Alright, that is good. Now we just need to get out from under here. James again thinks before his radio squawks. "I am under the rubble of the ceiling as far as I can tell." James says while pulling his vibro knife from it's sheath. "Should be able to get myself out in a short while." James says as he thumbs the device on and cuts at things that don't appear to be supporting the rubble above him, but are most definitely in his way. With each clearing, James crawls and pulls himself forward. This is a new experience to say the least. I have never had a building collapse on top of me before. James thinks with a grunt as he pulls his partial cyborg body across the rubble covered floor. Going to have to be more mindful of things like that I suppose. James thinks as he slowly saws through a chunk of ceiling tile and wood to make more room to move. After several long moments of crawling and cutting James pulls himself free with a grunt. "That was troublesome." James says as he gets to his feet and makes his way outside Where Sorrenson is suiting up.
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Silhouette » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:08 am

JIC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 31
Perc: 1d20+3 = 16

Listening and Awareness -- 30%
/ 1d100 = 6(Hearing James in the rubble)

Recognize Magic (Certain percentage chance to recognize a magic item by shape, inscription, symbols or intuition. May know something has magical properties, does not know what powers the item has or how to use it.): 33% / 1d100 = 40

Bending down Silhouette pokes through the many objects she lays out giving a smile up at Grant after his thanks. Flipping the various "toys" she lets out little noises and cooing as she curiously wonders at what they are as a child does differing colored stones in a box. To Silhouette's "simple" mind this was all still magic of a kind as powerful as Spells of Legend.

Mumbling yet more words of magic she casts Sense Magic expecting results though instead finding a bright aura all around her in magic. Rolling her eyes she slaps her bent knees laughing,"Oh, right!" Focusing she cuts through as if looking at a penny under water to see how powerful the magic was on these items, expecting to see a brightness of Rune Weapons considering they produce as she understood, dragon's breath and the like.

Grant:
"We three should discuss the various magics of where we are from, just knowledge of them can mean new insights."
Contingency 2: If James doesn't answer, Grant says, "Okay, we will have to look for him after we get Echo. Silhouette, is any of James' stuff in that bag? We might be able to divine his location using it."
n either case, Grant begins moving towards the alley, he clicks on the radio again, "Echo, do you still need our assistance, we've temporarily lost the Lieutenant and part of the building has collapsed." Grant stops just short of the alley to cast some magic, offsetting the cost with the energy of the nearby nexus (20 P.P.E.). First he casts some defensive magic: Fleet Feet, Invulnerability, and Fly as an Eagle. He then casts Shadesword, he looks up at the others around him, he holds up the blade of shadow, a small smile on his face, "Just in case harsh language doesn't work, I'll keep this handy for any close encounters."


Glancing over at Grant the changeling snorts humorously as she answers,"You mean the little boxes?" Recalling everyone's expression when she booped the barrels she talks to herself," Sil...what AM I going to do with you." Recalling how her own Tutor often maligned her conduct. If she sees Jame's guns while looking over the weapons she will snatch them up and put them in her pocket/bag as needed.

Behind her she notices several spells being cast through Sense Magic and turns her head while collecting any items that resonate magic. "Hmmm?" Nearly standing the changeling blurts excitedly,"You are a Shade Mage?" She couldn't remember the papers mentioning that matter though she she stares pointedly at the cut-out shadow in the mage's hand. Usually quiet about what magic she knew she continues,"I only know one to look through shadows, not bend them to my grasp like that!"
She clearly seems impressed and of higher opinion of Grant as her eyes twinkle. Still she had toys enough of a magic she has yet to fully understand to not immediately chase the shadow casting mage down to learn more.

Looking down about to ask about James she hears his radio reply and goes,"Ah, he sounds fine." A long pause follows,"But I guess we should help him?" Prancing over to Grant she looks where the mage is peering suggests,"I could help move stones if you know where he is at?"
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

c

Postby Sorrenson » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:55 am

Perception: 1d20 = 11 +3 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 84
OOC Comments
PPE: 120/137 (includes -10 p.p.e spent this round)
ISP: 24/42
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 100/100 ) activated this round
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Personal AoI 70/70 MDC, 13.75 minutes

Spade wrote:"You came in that? You're braver than I thought."
Sorrenson smiles to himself at the comment. So far, it's never hurt to be completely underestimated. "Nah, less brave than you'd think. You'll see." He replies.

The head of the Drudge turns and looks at the stuff Sil has brought out. "Hey Sil, that one there, on the left. That's my lightblade, it's a magic sword. Use it if you want. It should hurt most of the demons. You'll need to pump mana into it though. It shouldn't be hard for you to figure out. The blade comes out the end closet to me, so when you pump mana into it keep that end pointed away from yourself. That one beside it my phase beamer, you can use it too if you want... Um, point and shoot? Maybe don't worry about that one."

OOC Comments
Light blade
Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.
Duration: 3 minutes
p.p.e. cost to activate: 20
Double damage to Vampires and those vulnerable to light.

PH 21 Phase Beamer
Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
Rate of Fire: equal to HTH
Range: 400ft
Payload: 10 shots.
3 e-clips

James Howlett wrote: "I am under the rubble of the ceiling as far as I can tell. Should be able to get myself out in a short while."
Huh, do I dig him out, or help Echo with the Dragon thing? He sounds okay... I'll help Echo! "Moving to help Echo in the Alley. Once the demons are taken care of I'll be able to help dig him out."

Moving towards the Alley he activates the Armor of Ithan of his PA (-10 p.p.e.). Once at the alley he takes position beside a dumpster and waits, scanning for targets.

Combat actions if needed:

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20 = 17
Action 1: Activate Drudge's AoI, -10 p.p.e.
Action 2: Shoot ugly with arm blaster, 1d20+2 = 13, damage 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 3: Shoot ugly with arm blaster, 1d20+2 = 14, damage 1d4*10 = 10 M.D.
Action 4: Shoot ugly with arm blaster, 1d20+2 = 4, damage 1d4*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 5: Shoot ugly with arm blaster, 1d20+2 = 21, damage 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 6: Shoot ugly with arm blaster, 1d20+2 = 3, damage 1d4*10 = 10 M.D.
Action 7: Shoot ugly with arm blaster, 1d20+2 = 11, damage 1d4*10 = 20 M.D.

Parries if needed: 1d20+7 = 22, 1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 27, 1d20+7 = 11, 1d20+7 = 26, 1d20+7 = 26, 1d20+7 = 10

If the Drudge's AoI is depleted Sorrenson will re-up.

If the Dragon-thing (or other clearly Big Nasty Ugly) shows up he'll shoot it with the Starfire instead of the wee arm blaster. Alt damage rolls: 2d6*10 = 110 M.D., 2d6*10 = 40 M.D., 2d6*10 = 30 M.D., 2d6*10 = 50 M.D.
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:11 am

Local Conditions wrote:Somewhere in spacetime
  • Location: Center, Level 6
  • Population: 600 million (50-150 million on level 6)
  • Mission Time: 02:58:45
  • Ley Line Activity: 500' from ley line nexus
  • Weather: Indoors, 65°, 50% humidity
  • Visibility: Bright even, almost approaching daylight

Old Map
Image


THE GREAT LOVERS
Echo rockets down the hall, through the kitchen and bursts out into the alley, pieces of the smashed door flying around scattering all over. There's dumpsters and trash bins, a broken mechanical unit of some kind, and a few other odd pieces of cover. Strange creatures scuttle away in to the darker recesses. Echo lands and ducks down switching from flight to fight.

Casting his magic, Grant moves with something akin to zest on his way to join up with his more gunhappy team member. He rounds the barrier wall that conceals the back of house crud from the manicured perfection of the front lawn. He doesn't seen anything at first, except small animals scurrying away.

Finally suited up in Drudge, Sorrenson gives a few helpful tips to Sil before lumbering along (a very fast lumber) to catch up with Grant. He catches up just as Grant rounds the corner. His view of the alley is very the same as Grant's but none of the doohickies or critters are unusual.

Sil and James wind up with a little quality time together in the courtyard. The cryxon start to pour out the front of the building, the crowds somehow parting around the James and Sil. The monsters draw a fair amount of attention, and for a moment that's what Sil and James focus on.

But then something much more dramatic becomes the focus. The deevil dragon bursts through roof and the ground shakes and the floor trembles. The building shakes violently, cracks forming in the walls, ceiling tiles crashing to the floor.

With a screeching cry the dragon lands in the crumbling building cornice and blasts dark necrotic bolts of energy randomly at first, but then seeing Grant and Sorrenson, directing them at the only two people not running! But the dragon didn't count on being fired upon so quickly. First Echo fires from cover, with Sorrenson only a split second behind. Grant's fancy footwork is put to work fending off a pair of the cryox that scuttled along behind. He is able to dodge spit attacks with ease, and fend off their wicked claws with little effort as well. He is giving back so much back to the monsters, hacking them to pieces with his shadow sword. He downs one quickly and is about to strike maybe the fatal blow on the second when he's struck in the back! A black necro bolt hits Grant in the back and he reels, his insides dying as the life is drained from his body. He struggles to stay upright, and still has strength take the last cryxon down.

The dragon monster underestimated the Drudge, and the tendrils of black-lightning fizzled against the robotic armor. Echo and Sorrenson's blast away at the monster, and he is starting to show some serious wear and tear, and looking seriously pissed off!!!

While the rest of the team is playing with the dragon, a little dog--a fenry--approaches Sil and James, snarling and gnashing its teeth. It wants to play too.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
    Grant: -29 HP, -4 to initiative, -I to parry and dodge, and Spd, is reduced by 25% for one minute/four melee rounds.
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 7 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 35

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 69%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Impervious to Possession
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 27/56
  • S.D.C.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 60/78
  • P.P.E.: 430/572
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus. Psychic power range and duration increased 50%
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 10.75 min | 60/60 M.D.C. | 1/2 damage from magic cold, electicity, and fire
  • Fleet Feet | PF2 186 | 5.75 min | Self | Double P.P. (28: +7 S/P/D) Spd (64 - 20 yards/action), APM (16), -2 Initiative, -20% skills requiring delicate touch
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 229.75 min | Self | 50 mph (23 yards/action), +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invulnerability | 2.75 min| Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Shadeword | PF12 80 | 23.75 min | 6d6 M.D.x2 per strike + Save vs Spell Strength 14 or be -2 Strike/Parry for 1 melee round. Each additional success applies culmulative penalties and extends the duration by 1 melee round
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 |11 min | 400' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • Tongues: 11.75 min | Speak/Understand any language at 98%
  • Sustain: Duration: 10 days |
  • Energy Sphere 1: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Energy Sphere 2: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Death Bolt | 1 min | -4 Init, -1 Parry/Dodge, -25% Spd
HTH Bonus Calculations
Strike: +3 WP, + 7 PP, +4 HTH = +14
Parry: +2 WP +7 PP +4 HTH +1 FaaE -1 DB = +13
Dodge: +7 PP +2 HTH + 2 FaaE -1 DB = +10


Lore: Magic 104/95/79 vs 1d100 = 84 | Pass | Knowledge of the Fenry or any new foes that appear this round

Before going down the alley:

Silhouette wrote:Behind her she notices several spells being cast through Sense Magic and turns her head while collecting any items that resonate magic. "Hmmm?" Nearly standing the changeling blurts excitedly,"You are a Shade Mage?" She couldn't remember the papers mentioning that matter though she she stares pointedly at the cut-out shadow in the mage's hand. Usually quiet about what magic she knew she continues,"I only know one to look through shadows, not bend them to my grasp like that!"
She clearly seems impressed and of higher opinion of Grant as her eyes twinkle. Still she had toys enough of a magic she has yet to fully understand to not immediately chase the shadow casting mage down to learn more


Grant looks down at the blade and then back to Silhouette, "This was a gift of memory." Grant looks lost in thought. He recalls his little chicken-rabbit holding the small smokey egg up to him, "I, I was in a place where the ley lines were truly awake and alive, it's there that I've learned much of magic. People could share their memories, the spell was given to me, by a long gone friend. Perhaps, he was a Shade Mage as you call it, but, I am a Lord Magi!" Grant looks serious, but then breaks out into a grin, "Overly dramatic, right?"

After taking a Death Bolt in the back a few seconds ago:

Grabbing his chest at the burst of pain and flare of dark magic around him, Grant spins around as the Cryxon drops to the ground. How? Grants theoretical knowledge of magic was vast, but he'd really only experienced a small portion of it. Necromancy, it must be necromancy, amazing. Grant thinks as he appreciates that the magic has bypassed his defenses. I am going to have to go back and ask for a refund on this Invulnerability spell. Seeing both Sorrenson and Echo blasting away at the creature, Grant dodges towards the wall putting himself out of it's line of sight. They appear to have that beast in hand. Where'd Silhouette go? She was right next to me, Grant thinks.

He takes a few moments to cast some healing magic upon himself. "Ah, this hurts." Grant exclaims. It will take time to regenerate this damage normally. Feeling a bit better after a few seconds, Grant moves back out of the alley looking for Silhouette. Seeing her, and thankfully James no longer trapped in the rubble confronting a giant wolf creature with more Cryxon behind it, Grant moves out to join them.

He focuses on crowd control, locking down deevils as they appear by casting Magic Net, taking strikes of opportunity with his Shadesword.

Combat
APM: 16
Initiative: 1d20-1 = 3
Critical Strike from behind or on natural 18-20
Deathblow on natural 20

  1. Dodge out of sight of the Deevil Dragon Dodge: 1d20+10 = 14
  2. Cast Heal Wounds on himself: H.P. 1d6 = 4, S.D.C. 3d6 = 10
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 21
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 29
  3. Cast Heal Wounds on himself: H.P. 1d6 = 2, S.D.C. 3d6 = 13
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 22
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 14
  4. Cast Heal Wounds on himself: H.P. 1d6 = 1, S.D.C. 3d6 = 11
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 26
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 23
  5. Move out of the alley.
    Parry: 1d20+14 = 19
    Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 22
  6. Cast Magic Net on the Fenry
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+11 = 19
  7. Cast Magic Net at a Deevil or move into strike if they are all snared.
    Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 21, Damage: 6d6*2 = 48 M.D.
    Parry: 1d20+13 = 23
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+10 = 22
  8. Cast Magic Net at a Deevil or move into strike if they are all snared.
    Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 20, Damage: 6d6*2 = 40 M.D.
    Parry: 1d20+13 = 25
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+10 = 23
  9. Cast Magic Net at a Deevil or move into strike if they are all snared.
    Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 34 crit!, Damage: 6d6*2 = 48 M.D.
    Parry: 1d20+13 = 30
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+10 = 30
  10. Cast Magic Net at a Deevil or move into strike if they are all snared.
    Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 20, Damage: 6d6*2 = 44 M.D.
    Parry: 1d20+13 = 24
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+10 = 17
  11. Cast Magic Net at a Deevil or move into strike if they are all snared.
    Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 21, Damage: 6d6*2 = 48 M.D.
    Parry: 1d20+13 = 26
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+10 = 11
  12. Cast Magic Net at a Deevil or move into strike if they are all snared.
    Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 26, Damage: 6d6*2 = 58 M.D.
    Parry: 1d20+13 = 32
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+10 = 19
  13. Cast Magic Net at a Deevil or move into strike if they are all snared.
    Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 18, Damage: 6d6*2 = 40 M.D.
    Parry: 1d20+13 = 23
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+10 = 22
  14. Cast Magic Net at a Deevil or move into strike if they are all snared.
    Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 21, Damage: 6d6*2 = 54 M.D.
    Parry: 1d20+13 = 20
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+10 = 29
  15. Cast Magic Net at a Deevil or move into strike if they are all snared.
    Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 33 crit!, Damage: 6d6*2 = 38 M.D.
    Parry: 1d20+13 = 32
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+10 = 17
  16. Cast Magic Net at a Deevil or move into strike if they are all snared.
    Strike with Shadesword 1d20+14 = 30, Damage: 6d6*2 = 52 M.D.
    Parry: 1d20+13 = 27
    Will sacrifice strike to Dodge vs ranged attack: 1d20+10 = 17


Contingency: If he sees James begin to take damage, he casts Armor Bizarre on him (range 120') and yells out, "Sorry!" He'll cast it on himself if his AOI/Invulnerability is depleted, but trusts Silhouette to maintain her own magic unless she asks for help.

Spells Cast
  • Range, duration, and damage doubled within 1 mile of a nexus
  • Heal Wounds | BOM 106 | 10 P.P.E. | 12' | Instant | 3d6 S.D.C. and 1d6 H.P. Embedded objects should be removed first.
  • Magic Net | BOM 101 | 7 P.P.E. | 240' | 6 min | Dodge vs 16 | 2 rounds to cut with M.D. weapons, those caught are helpless.
  • Armor Bizarre | BOM 104 | 15 P.P.E. | 120' | 12 min | 60 M.D.C. + HF 12 to James' enemies
[/list]


Expected P.P.E. use: 37 to 107 P.P.E (Let me know how many times it's cast)
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:01 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 18+3=21
JiC: 1d100 = 31 // 1d20 = 4
Combat Skills and Saves
Skills
Prowl: 1d100 = 22/71% (Remain Quiet and hidden, other than the shots of course)
Concealment: 1d100 = 11/49% (Remain Hidden)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 49/66% (Threat Assessment)
Saves
Save vs HF: 1d20 = 14+4 (Ensure he does not hesitate)
Save vs Magic: 1d20 = 18+2 (Protection against Magic)
Save vs Psionic: 1d20 = 12+3 (Protection against Psionic)

Echo is -20% to detect, and his armor takes 1d4*15 = 30 seconds to chameleon to the surroundings making his prowl a +5


As Echo nestles in to his spot before the Deevil Dragon tumbles through the wall, a grin flashes across his face. A literal switch from flight to fight, gotta get me a more maneuverable jet pack one of these days. He ponders until all hell breaks loose and he sees his allies. He radios them as combat begins, "I am on the opposite end of this alley, welcome to the party. This is my friend, Toothless. Execute Toothless with extreme prejudice." Echo says over the radio and proceeds to line up his shots. When the deevil dragon attacks Grant, Echo scowls. You seem to have forgotten about your prey, an unfortunate mistake for you. Echo silently threatens as he begins firing.

The Hunted becomes the Hunter
APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20 = 13+8=21
Parries (as applicable): 1d20 = 1+11=12 | 1d20 = 3+11=14 | 1d20 = 6+11=17 | 1d20 = 2+11= 13| 1d20 = 5+11= 16 | 1d20 = 3+11= 14 | 1d20 = 3+11= 14 | 1d20 = 5+11= 16
Dodge (1 dedicated): 1d20 = 10+11=21
N-F50A Superheavy Force Field, M.D.C.: 160/160

Action 1-3: Called, Aimed Shot at the Deevil Dragon's head or neck (depending on visibility): Strike, 1d20 = 20(Nat 20)+11= 31 || DMG, (2d4*10)+20 = 100
Action 4-5: Aimed Shot at the Deevil Dragon's head or neck (depending on visibility): Strike, 1d20 = 9+9= 18 || DMG, (2d4*10)+20 = 70
Action 6-7: Aimed Shot at the Deevil Dragon's head or neck (depending on visibility): Strike, 1d20 = 15+9= 24 || DMG, (2d4*10)+20 = 60


Echo Sig Details

Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
H.P.: 50/50 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot
Wilk's 237 "Backup" | Range: 500' | Damage: 3D6 Single or 6D6 Double | Rate of Fire: SS | Payload: Long E-Clip 16/16 | Modifiers: +2 Strike on Aimed Shots
Armor: NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor | N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby James Howlett » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:01 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 14
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 38
Constant Effects
Conditions: Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% (50% vs Armed Forces Personnel), Charm/Impress: -10%.
Scarred, ugly man: -5% on skills like Gambling, Intelligence (gathering), Performance, Public Speaking, and Undercover Ops, and -20% to Seduction. Note: +5% to Interrogation skill, Limited Sense of touch: -15% to skills that require manual dexterity.
Cybernetic Senses: Cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye (Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000', Macro Lens: 2x to 8x magnification, range: 3', Passive Nightvision: 2,000', Thermo-Imaging: 2,000', Light Filters: Reduces glare, Targeting Display: Imposes cross-hairs on a target, adding a bonus of +1 to Strike with any ranged weapon.) Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Sensor Hand (Heat: Temperature at 4-6 inch range, Motion detector: Bionics Sourcebook page 36-37, Radiation Detector: As per Geiger Counter, Gyro-Compass: All cardinal directions as well as up down, Clock-Calendar: Date/Time down to the hundredth of a second.)

Armor of Ithan | 60 M.D.C. | 12 min | 1/2 damage from magical cold, electricity, and fire
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
P.P.E.: 4
H.P.: 42
S.D.C.: 61
M.D.C. by Location:
• Hands (2): 50 each.
• Forearms (2): 50 each.
• “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40
• Upper Arms (2): 70 each.
• Legs (2): 90 each.
• Bionic Ribs: 13
• Bionic Pelvis: 13
• Bionic Spine: 13
Old Fashioned Gunslinging
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 23
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One: Quick Draw Big Boss revolver and shoot Fenry. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 7; Damage: 2d4 = 5 M.D. plus Knockdown (Fenry is +6 to save))
Action Two: Shoot Fenry. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 14; Damage: 2d4 = 4 M.D. plus Knockdown (Fenry is +6 to save))
Action Three: Shoot Fenry. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 25 Nat 20!; Damage: 2d4 = 4 M.D. plus Knockdown (Fenry is +6 to save) 8 M.D.)
Action Four: Shoot Fenry. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 8; Damage: 2d4 = 3 M.D. plus Knockdown (Fenry is +6 to save))
Action Five: Quick Draw Wilk's Derringer, fire all barrels. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 23; Damage: 4d4 = 12 M.D.)
Action Six: Fire Forearm Gun. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 17; Damage: 4d6 = 13 M.D.)
Action Seven: Fire Forearm Gun. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 14; Damage: 4d6 = 7 M.D.)

Parry as Needed: 1d20+9 = 11, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 19.
Dodge if Armor of Ithan falls: 1d20+12 = 15, 1d20+12 = 16, 1d20+12 = 25, 1d20+12 = 23, 1d20+12 = 22, 1d20+12 = 31, 1d20+12 = 31.


"Come on Fluffy!" James doesn't play around when it comes to the Fenry. James throws back his coat reminiscent of gunslingers of old. James' bionic speed shows as he speed draws his BigBore Revolver and James makes it bark out it's voice at the Fenry. Once the revolver is empty James speed draws his Wilk's Derringer and fire all four barrels before using one of the many bionic weapon systems he has built in. The Micro-Grenades adding to the punch James is trying to lay down on the Deevil. God's damned Deevils.
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Silhouette » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:46 am

JIC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 25
Perc: 1d20+3 = 9

Standing effects: Armor of Ithan: 70 MDC
Lore: Magic -- 67% / 1d100 = 74

Sorrenson:
"Hey Sil, that one there, on the left. That's my lightblade, it's a magic sword. Use it if you want. It should hurt most of the demons. You'll need to pump mana into it though. It shouldn't be hard for you to figure out. The blade comes out the end closet to me, so when you pump mana into it keep that end pointed away from yourself. That one beside it my phase beamer, you can use it too if you want... Um, point and shoot? Maybe don't worry about that one."



"Magic...sword?" Looking through the objects she dallies turning this over and that on its side shaking her head slowly as if someone had given her a coin and told her to find the upside. Twisting her mouth into a grimace she looks to Sorrenson in his walking golem beginning to speak before he opens up the guns causing her to stammer,"N...n...no..."

Her mouth falls open as particle beam's emit from his arm with an air frying eruption of light and sound(HF 12 /1d20 = 9(+6 vs HF)) interrupting her words that no sword was here for her. Though not intrinsically running for her life the changeling's mouth goes nearly as dry as the Baalgor Wastelands at the terrifying display. Her mind races as she realizes THAT was what they meant in their warnings...

Looking to what Sorrenson was aiming at she gawks again at the surging monster that blew the roof out of the building with black bolts raining down. When one zips toward her but into Grant her eye catches him moving in a way she had not seen before of a fighter causing the same degree of destruction only on the demon's before him.The dark magic assaulting them tickled a thought of recognition but upon seeing Grant's unusual combat form soften and become sloppy she knew what magic assaulting him. Necromancy. The dragon demon was using Necromancy! But it seemed something had interest in Silhouette and James as much as she did in the violent display of muscle, might, and magic before her.

ML:
While the rest of the team is playing with the dragon, a little dog--a fenry--approaches Sil and James, snarling and gnashing its teeth. It wants to play too.


Seeing the black tendrils erupting from the creature Silhouette recalls them from the time Tyral was blasted by a Necromancer. She was surprised to see Grant still going after such a curse. Acting quickly, though more because she did not want to be next than to help, Silhouette casts on the demon dragon's head putting a blob of smoke in front of its vision before giving the creature approaching James and herself a critical eye.

"Mmmm, go away..." Sounding like a petulant child being woken she casts again popping the Fenry with a different vision obscuring magic in the form of an effulgent display. While bright bursting light so disrupts the beast she moves to her next effort to carefully back-peddle as she draws her Lucky-Unlucky Dagger speaking yet more magical words, secret words... Blade magic works across the unique, at least to her, weapon's edge coating it with lethal glistening poison only known to Blade Mage's, like she would have been.

Waving a hand at James she can't help herself as she mumbles,"Wow, you are ugly..." Not doing a very good job indicating who she was talking about the creature or the man she signals to circle around behind the beast letting Jame's call of,"Come on Fluffy!" act as a useful distraction. Patiently she waits for it to commit to James before prancing up onto its rear and slicing at it's flesh with several sudden swipes. Intent on the poison's work to start immediately and with overwhelming effect she pokes and cuts watching for the creature to fold under the venomous bite's of her blade.

Actions: 7
Init: 1d20+4 = 20
SPELL SAVE VS her magic: 14
JIC Dodges(For attacks she would reasonably know to try and dodge): 1d20+8 = 10 1d20+8 = 13 1d20+8 = 20 1d20+8 = 24 1d20+8 = 21 1d20+8 = 20 1d20+8 = 24 1d20+8 = 26
JIC Parry(w/dagger): 1d20+12 = 24 1d20+12 = 28 1d20+12 = 17 1d20+12 = 16 1d20+12 = 14 1d20+12 = 13 1d20+12 = 24 1d20+12 = 32

EPIC GEAR:
OOC Comments
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?p=1340524#p1340524

P.P.E.: 139/149 | I.S.P.: 41/57 | H.P.: 36/36 | S.D.C.:37/37
Bracelet: 100/100 ISP | 90/140 PPE
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities)
Effects: Armor of Ithan 70 MDC
Weapon in hand: Lucky-Unlucky dagger


Armored Custom-Made Suit:
Weight: 12 lbs.
Mobility: Good; -2% to movement skills
A.R.: 19
M.D.C.: 26


ClOAK OF SHADOW:
• Head : 8 (when up)
• Main Body : 28
• Modifiers: -2% to all physical skills


1: Cloud of Smoke on demon dragon
OOC Comments
This magic enables the arcanist to create a cloud of dense, black
smoke (30x30x30 foot maximum size) up to ninety feet (27.4 m) away. Victims caught in the cloud will be unable to see anything beyond it, and their vision is impaired; they can see no more than three feet (0.9
m) in front of them (and those images are only blurry shapes unless within one foot/0.3 m). While in the cloud, victims will be -5 to strike, and -9 to parry and dodge.


2: Casting Blinding Flash on the Fenry (Casting it again if the first doesn't succeed.)
OOC Comments
This invocation creates a sudden burst of intense, white light, temporarily
blinding everyone in its ten foot (3 m) radius. Victims are blinded
for 1D4 melee rounds, with a penalty of -5 to strike, and -10 to parry
and dodge. The chance of falling is 1-50% per every 10 feet (3 m) travelled.
The saving throw is standard, so those who successfully save vs
magic are not blinded. Note: Does not affect bionic or cybernetic eyes.


3. Drawing her SDC dagger and walking backward carefully keeping just enough distance from the Fenry while circling to flank with James on the other side.

4: Casting Viper Kiss on the blade while still slowly moving. Prowl 77% / 1d100 = 49 (Using the noise of the crowds and combat and its blindness to do so)
Viper Kiss
OOC Comments
PPE (6) (7) Duration: Coats blade in poison for 1 Melee a lvl;
Save:Each strike that inflicts damage poisons the subject; Standard magic save, plus save vs lethal poison(if magic failed);
Effect: Affects SN creatures; Failed lethal poison save: paralysis & 4d6 direct to HP damage plus receive additional HP damage 1d4 per melee of the caster level(Normal medical skills cannot address).
Successful Save vs poison: suffering -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, loss of initiative, and attacks per melee round are reduced by half.


5: Attacking the creature with her Unlucky-Lucky Dagger 1d20+8 = 16 / SDC 1d6+9 = 12 PS bonus dmg. Poison: 4d6 = 21damage

6: Attacking the creature with her Unlucky-Lucky Dagger 1d20+8 = 26 / SDC 1d6+9 = 12 PS bonus dmg. Poison: 4d6 = 22damage

7. JIC Parry or another strike if able: Attacking the creature with her Unlucky-Lucky Dagger 1d20+8 = 15 / SDC 1d6+9 = 13 PS bonus dmg. Poison: 4d6 = 12damage




Disregard: Rogue dice rolls, listed actions accidentally neglected Blinding flash in order of operations.
OOC Comments
7: JIC Parry or another strike if able: Attacking the creature with her Unlucky-Lucky Dagger 1d20+8 = 27 / SDC 1d6+9 = 14 PS bonus dmg. Poison: 4d6 = 16damage
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:37 am

Perception: 1d20 = 4 +3 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 30
OOC Comments
PPE: 120/137
ISP: 24/42
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 100/100, 9.75 minutes
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Sorrenson keeps up the pressure on the Deevil-Dragon, shooting it repeatedly. While doing so, his mind repeats something he heard someone say once; Shoot 'em till their dead! He radios the group: "Focusing on Dev-Drag."

Combat actions

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20 = 15
Action 1: Shoot Big Bad Ugly with Starfire, 1d20+2 = 18, damage 2d6*10 = 90
Action 2: Shoot Big Bad Ugly with Starfire, 1d20+2 = 10, damage 2d6*10 = 70
Action 3: Shoot Big Bad Ugly with Starfire, 1d20+2 = 17, damage 2d6*10 = 60
Action 4: Shoot Big Bad Ugly with Starfire, 1d20+2 = 4, damage 2d6*10 = 120
Action 5: Shoot Big Bad Ugly with Starfire, 1d20+2 = 22, damage 2d6*10 = 50
Action 6: Shoot Big Bad Ugly with Starfire, 1d20+2 = 11, damage 2d6*10 = 50
Action 7: Shoot Big Bad Ugly with Starfire, 1d20+2 = 10, damage 2d6*10 = 70

Parries if needed:1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 27, 1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 10, 1d20+7 = 19

If the Drudge's AoI is depleted Sorrenson will re-up.

If the Devil-Dragon goes down, he'll switch to the most threatening target.
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Somewhere in spacetime
  • Location: Center, Level 6
  • Population: 600 million (50-150 million on level 6)
  • Mission Time: 02:59:00
  • Ley Line Activity: 500' from ley line nexus
  • Weather: Indoors, 65°, 50% humidity
  • Visibility: Bright even, almost approaching daylight

New Map
Image


AN INCH AND A HALF OF GLORY
Grant withdraws from the deevil dragon's site and heads back towards Sil and James--and Spade--in the center of the field as more and more bad guys pour out of the building. He throws out a few magic nets ensnaring three of the cryxon that are trying to disturb his three companions. The fenry also falls victim to a magic net and struggles mightily against the mystic bonds. But one of the cryxon closes in on Grant and seems to have a personal vendetta and swings with abandon at the Lord Magi. He's blows are mostly fended off with ease, barely requiring a break in concentration. But the final blow smacks Grant upside the head with ringing force. It's not only surprising but he can feel his armor struggle with the blow.

Of course, once his nets are cast, Grant can focus on the offensive. He makes short work with the shadow blade slicing the spiny beast to bits. He dashes forward and has enough time to thrust the sword between the net at the fenry a few times. The cryxon continue to struggle and James can hear their subsonic cries.

Despite being trapped in the net the fenry uses it's other abilities to hurl small stones and debris and James and Sil, to little avail but it is distracting!

Over in the alley, it's a fairly one sided conflict. Before he's blasted to bits, the deevil dragon does manage to catch Echo with a necrotic bolt. He manages to shrug off some of the effects, but he is most definitely hurting. A split second later rotting arms jet out of the ground around the Drudge reaching with frightening quickness for the power armor, but Sorrenson is just able to sidestep their grasp. Once Sil's cloud obscures the creature's vision, he starts to retreat. The combined assault of Echo and Sorrenson destroy the deevil spawned abomination mere seconds after it lifts off. The giant carcass, the three or four big pieces anyway, come crashing down onto the building, blood and guts everywhere.

James shoots the fenry in the few second before it's captured in an barely visible mystic net. He makes Grant's job easier as one of his shots strikes the fenry in the head, knocking it off balance causing it to fall over so the net ensnares it lying on its side and definitely at a disadvantage. James' shots are enough from point blank range against a prone and helpless opponent to smatter the demon dog's brains all over the ground. It convulses for a second and goes still.

Sil moves with an assassin's grace after casting her spells, all of it contributing to the ease with which her team is dispatching these creatures. Drawing her knife she stabs at the wolf with what would normally be devastating blow. But her blade doesn't even damage the hairs on the dog, in fact, it doesn't even register the attack. Trying it several times produces the same result. Even with it prone and helpless, she simply can't damage this beast!

Two deevils burst through the front door, smashing and eating people with seeming glee. To the west, a shock dragon leaps from a second floor window, looking all sorts of threatening. A dire harpy flies out through a hole in the roof, the winged hag maybe the horrifying to look at of all the attacking deevils. The crowds running from the building have thinned, the few who are still there are attempting to fight, but none seem as well equipped as the detective gang.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
    Grant: -30 Armor, -4 to initiative, -I to parry and dodge, and Spd, is reduced by 25% for 45 seconds/3 melee rounds. Mystic Net cast 3 times.
    Cryxon: 3 in net, 1 dead
    Fenry: in net
    James: -2 to strike, parry, dodge from flying stones
    Sil: -2 to strike, parry, dodge from flying stones
    Echo: 12 direct to H.P.

User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:38 am

Perception: 1d20 = 8
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 25 +3 Magical / Mechanical
OOC Comments
PPE: 137/137
ISP: 24/42
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 100/100, 9.5 minutes
Starfire Cannon ammo 28/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Sorrenson watches with a satisfied smirk as the Deevil Dragon 'blows up'. Cool! One down, who's next? He gives Echo a thumbs up through his PA, nods, then turns around and starts walking towards the others and the main fight. He opens fire at the biggest and baddest threat. Uh, I guess that's that thing there... He thinks to hiself while looking at the Shock Dragon. He transmits on the team's channel, "Going for the... um, big dragon thing." He lines up his shot and fires repeatedly at the unwanted guest.

Combat actions

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20 = 9
Action 1: Shoot Shock Dragon with Starfire 1d20+2 = 12, damage 2d6*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 2: Shoot Shock Dragon with Starfire 1d20+2 = 5, damage 2d6*10 = 60 M.D.
Action 3: Shoot Shock Dragon with Starfire 1d20+2 = 15, damage 2d6*10 = 70 M.D.
Action 4: Shoot Shock Dragon with Starfire 1d20+2 = 4, damage 2d6*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 5: Shoot Shock Dragon with Starfire 1d20+2 = 22, damage 2d6*10 = 110 M.D.
Action 6: Shoot Shock Dragon with Starfire 1d20+2 = 17, damage 2d6*10 = 70 M.D.
Action 7: Shoot Shock Dragon with Starfire 1d20+2 = 8, damage 2d6*10 = 100 M.D.

Parries if needed: 1d20+7 = 22, 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 25, 1d20+7 = 10, 1d20+7 = 16, 1d20+7 = 12

If the Drudge's AoI is depleted Sorrenson will re-up.

If the Shock Dragon dies, he'll switch to the most threatening target and shoot it.
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:23 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 9 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 73

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 69%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Impervious to Possession
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 34/56
  • S.D.C.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 60/78
  • P.P.E.: 369/572
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus. Psychic power range and duration increased 50%
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 10.5 min | 60/30 M.D.C. | 1/2 damage from magic cold, electicity, and fire
  • Fleet Feet | PF2 186 | 5.5 min | Self | Double P.P. (28: +7 S/P/D) Spd (64 - 20 yards/action), APM (16), -2 Initiative, -20% skills requiring delicate touch
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 229.5 min | Self | 50 mph (23 yards/action), +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invulnerability | 2.5 min| Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Shadeword | PF12 80 | 23.5 min | 6d6 M.D.x2 per strike + Save vs Spell Strength 14 or be -2 Strike/Parry for 1 melee round. Each additional success applies culmulative penalties and extends the duration by 1 melee round
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 |10.75 min | 400' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • Tongues: 11.5 min | Speak/Understand any language at 98%
  • Sustain: Duration: 10 days |
  • Energy Sphere 1: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Energy Sphere 2: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Death Bolt | 1 min | -4 Init, -1 Parry/Dodge, -25% Spd
HTH Bonus Calculations
Strike: +3 WP, + 7 PP, +4 HTH = +14
Parry: +2 WP +7 PP +4 HTH +1 FaaE -1 DB = +13
Dodge: +7 PP +2 HTH + 2 FaaE -1 DB = +10


Grant shakes his head, a slight ring in his ears from the heavy blow the Cryxon had landed on him before he finally finished it off. Why the hell am I engaging in hand to hand? How the hell have I gotten so good at it? The magic has defintely helped, but I am using this blade of shadow with amazing grace. He sees James firing point blank and Silhouette looking confused at her blade's ineffectiveness.

"Finish the ones in the nets, they may be physically restrained, but may have other methods of attack. Silhouette, in a land of high magic, un-enchanted weapons are useless unless the creature is vulnerable to the substance it is made of." Grant says as he turns back to looks at the newcomers. Un-enchanted is not exactly true, but now's not the time to debate the issue. What's that? A shock dragon! Along with Deevils and a Dire Harpy. Hurray! Until the dragon attacks we won't know what it can do. Disabling them is what may be most effective. More Magic Nets it is.

Grant draws upon the energy inside him, and with a thought, word, and gesture casts Magic Net at the Shock Dragon, following up on the Dire Harpy and then Deevils. Repeating as needed if the creatures dodge the net. Knowing the weakness of Fleet Feet all too well, Grant takes the time to frequently look behind and above him. Once the creatures are captured, he moves forward to deliver killing strikes against the defenseless Deevils. Asking for their surrender would be foolish.

Combat
APM: 16
Initiative: 1d20-1 = 14
Critical Strike from behind or on natural 18-20
Deathblow on natural 20

  1. Shake off blow
  2. Look around and speak
  3. Cast Magic Net at Shock Dragon. Dodge vs 16 to avoid.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 19
    Sacrifce action to dodge if attacked at range:1d20+10 = 14
    Strike with Shadesword: 1d20+14 = 32 Crit!, Damage: 6d6*2 = 34 M.D. + spell penalties (see description below)
  4. Cast Magic Net at Dire Harpy. Dodge vs 16 to avoid.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 17
    Sacrifce action to dodge if attacked at range:1d20+10 = 27
    Strike with Shadesword: 1d20+14 = 30, Damage: 6d6*2 = 34 M.D. + spell penalties (see description below)
  5. Cast Magic Net at Deevil Dodge vs 16 to avoid.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 30
    Sacrifce action to dodge if attacked at range:1d20+10 = 30
    Strike with Shadesword: 1d20+14 = 23, Damage: 6d6*2 = 52 M.D. + spell penalties (see description below)
  6. Check surroundings
  7. Cast Magic Net at Deevil Dodge vs 16 to avoid.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 14
    Sacrifce action to dodge if attacked at range:1d20+10 = 15
    Strike with Shadesword: 1d20+14 = 27, Damage: 6d6*2 = 40 M.D. + spell penalties (see description below)
  8. Cast Magic Net at next monster. Dodge vs 16 to avoid.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 30
    Sacrifce action to dodge if attacked at range:1d20+10 = 13
    Strike with Shadesword: 1d20+14 = 29, Damage: 6d6*2 = 44 M.D. + spell penalties (see description below)
  9. Cast Magic Net at next monster. Dodge vs 16 to avoid.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 14
    Sacrifce action to dodge if attacked at range:1d20+10 = 24
    Strike with Shadesword: 1d20+14 = 30, Damage: 6d6*2 = 34 M.D. + spell penalties (see description below)
  10. Check surroundings
  11. Cast Magic Net at next monster. Dodge vs 16 to avoid.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 27
    Sacrifce action to dodge if attacked at range:1d20+10 = 11
    Strike with Shadesword: 1d20+14 = 21, Damage: 6d6*2 = 54 M.D. + spell penalties (see description below)
  12. Cast Magic Net at next monster. Dodge vs 16 to avoid.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 31
    Sacrifce action to dodge if attacked at range:1d20+10 = 29
    Strike with Shadesword: 1d20+14 = 30, Damage: 6d6*2 = 38 M.D. + spell penalties (see description below)
  13. Cast Magic Net at next monster. Dodge vs 16 to avoid.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 29
    Sacrifce action to dodge if attacked at range:1d20+10 = 13
    Strike with Shadesword: 1d20+14 = 18, Damage: 6d6*2 = 52 M.D. + spell penalties (see description below)
  14. Check surroundings
  15. Cast Magic Net at next monster. Dodge vs 16 to avoid.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 18
    Sacrifce action to dodge if attacked at range:1d20+10 = 19
    Strike with Shadesword: 1d20+14 = 34 Crit! Death Blow!, Damage: 6d6*2 = 42 M.D. + spell penalties (see description below)
  16. Cast Magic Net at next monster. Dodge vs 16 to avoid.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 14
    Sacrifce action to dodge if attacked at range:1d20+10 = 15
    Strike with Shadesword: 1d20+14 = 25, Damage: 6d6*2 = 48 M.D. + spell penalties (see description below)

Contingency 1: Attack priorities: Shock Dragon, Dire Harpy, then Deevils. Once captured, then begin killing the deevils starting with the closest.
Contingency 2: If something decides to engage in HTH, defend and attack with the shadesword.
Contingency 3: If James' looks to be in trouble, cast Armor Bizarre upon him
Contingency 4: If Grant's field of Invulnerability and AOI go down, he casts Armor Bizarre upon himself.

Spells Cast
  • Range, duration, and damage doubled within 1 mile of a nexus
  • Magic Net | BOM 101 | 7 P.P.E. | 240' | 6 min | Dodge vs 16 | 2 rounds to cut with M.D. weapons, those caught are helpless.
  • Armor Bizarre | BOM 104 | 15 P.P.E. | 120' | 12 min | 60 M.D.C. + HF 12 to James' enemies
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby James Howlett » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:36 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 11
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 89
Constant Effects
Conditions: Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% (50% vs Armed Forces Personnel), Charm/Impress: -10%.
Scarred, ugly man: -5% on skills like Gambling, Intelligence (gathering), Performance, Public Speaking, and Undercover Ops, and -20% to Seduction. Note: +5% to Interrogation skill, Limited Sense of touch: -15% to skills that require manual dexterity.
Cybernetic Senses: Cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye (Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000', Macro Lens: 2x to 8x magnification, range: 3', Passive Nightvision: 2,000', Thermo-Imaging: 2,000', Light Filters: Reduces glare, Targeting Display: Imposes cross-hairs on a target, adding a bonus of +1 to Strike with any ranged weapon.) Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Sensor Hand (Heat: Temperature at 4-6 inch range, Motion detector: Bionics Sourcebook page 36-37, Radiation Detector: As per Geiger Counter, Gyro-Compass: All cardinal directions as well as up down, Clock-Calendar: Date/Time down to the hundredth of a second.)
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
P.P.E.: 4
H.P.: 42
S.D.C.: 61
M.D.C. by Location:
• Hands (2): 50 each.
• Forearms (2): 50 each.
• “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40
• Upper Arms (2): 70 each.
• Legs (2): 90 each.
• Bionic Ribs: 13
• Bionic Pelvis: 13
• Bionic Spine: 13
Combat Info
Iniitative: 1d20+5 = 15
Number of attacks: 7

Action One: Draw Vibro Knife Grenade & Shoot Nearest Deevil with BIg Boss Magnum Revolver. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 23; Damage: 2d4 = 5 M.D. plus Knockdown)
Action Two: Shoot Nearest Deevil with BIg Boss Magnum Revolver. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 10; Damage: 2d4 = 3 M.D. plus Knockdown)
Action Three: Shoot Nearest Deevil with BIg Boss Magnum Revolver. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 13; Damage: 2d4 = 4 M.D. plus Knockdown)
Action Four: Shoot Nearest Deevil with BIg Boss Magnum Revolver. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 7; Damage: 2d4 = 6 M.D. plus Knockdown)
Action Five: Reload Big Boss Magnum Revolver.
Action Six: Reload Big Boss Magnum Revolver.
Action Seven: Shoot Nearest Deevil with BIg Boss Magnum Revolver. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 15; Damage: 2d4 = 7 M.D. plus Knockdown)

Parries as Needed (w/ Vibro-Knife): 1d20+13 = 18, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 14, 1d20+13 = 14, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 21.
Dodges if AoI fails: 1d20+12 = 17, 1d20+12 = 13, 1d20+12 = 30, 1d20+12 = 13, 1d20+12 = 24, 1d20+12 = 17, 1d20+12 = 20.

Contingency
If AoI fails, James will run as he is not prone to wanting to die.
If a good enough grouping of them appears, James will hit them with his Grenade knife. (Strike: 1d20+11 = 27; Damage: 1d6 = 6 M.D.C. on Impact, 4d6 = 12 M.D. at epicenter, 3d6 = 8 M.D. to a 12’ radius.) after which James will draw his normal Vibro-Knife.


James is frantic, his bionic legs pumping to get him out of the club and away from the deevils trying to eat his face. Not what I expected. Not at all. James thinks as he spins and fires his hand cannon while drawing one of his Vibro-Grenade Knives. James is quick to fire on the closest targets in hopes of knocking them flat on their asses. The only bad part about the Big Boss Magnum revolve is it's woefully small ammo count and the amount of time it takes James to reload the beast. I'm running low on ammo for this too.
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:33 am

Perception: 1d20 = 5+3=8
JiC: 1d100 = 79/1d20 = 3
Skills
Prowl: 1d100 = 1(CRIT)/71% (Remain Quiet and hidden, other than the shots of course)
Concealment: 1d100 = 88/49% (Remain Hidden)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 87/66% (Threat Assessment)
Saves
Save vs HF: 1d20 = 15+4 (Ensure he does not hesitate)
Save vs Magic: 1d20 = 18+2 (Protection against Magic)
Save vs Psionic: 1d20 = 18+3 (Protection against Psionic)

Echo is -20% to detect, and his armor takes 15 seconds to chameleon to the surroundings making his prowl a +5


Echo winces and sucks in a deep breathe as the chill of the necrotic bolt sweeps through him but continues the assaults and kills the beast, moving on to the next targets down the alley way and into the open with his enemies. As these enemies are newer to him and he does not know their strengths and weaknesses yet, he will follow Grant's request and aim carefully at the netted enemies first, trusting the magi to ensnare the others for him to fire at.

"Deevil Dragon down, moving on to netted targets. If a moving target needs my fire, let me know and I will redirect. I am going to move to a new location to fire from." Echo says over their radio and uses the jetpack to burst up and find a suitable location above to fire down from with a secure backing to prevent sneak attacks. He'll provide battlefield overwatch and kill the netted targets unless a moving target threatens any members of his team, then he will redirect to that one. Death from above, one of my favorite hobbies.

Combat
APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 27
Dodge (1 Dedicated): 1d20+11 = 31(NAT20)
N-F50A Superheavy Force Field, M.D.C.: 160/160

Echo will fire consistent shots now, worried more about containing the threat than carefully placed shots. He will always try to aim for a weak point.

Action 1: Jet up and find a spot to hide (see Prowl/Concealment rolls)
Action 2: Fire a Heavy Round at the nearest netted target: 1d20+8 = 14, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 50
Action 3: Reload, Fresh 8Rd Mag
Action 4: Fire a Heavy Round at the nearest netted target: 1d20+8 = 26, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 90
Action 5: Fire a Heavy Round at the nearest netted target: 1d20+8 = 21, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 60
Action 6: Fire a Heavy Round at the nearest netted target: 1d20+8 = 26, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 60
Action 7: Fire a Heavy Round at the nearest netted target: 1d20+8 = 17, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 50
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Silhouette » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:09 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 171d100 = 74
Perc: 1d20+3 = 21

Her blade's tip repeatedly bite's into the deevil gouging furrows... Gouging furrows... Gouging furrows? Each follow up strike hit as if upon stone, with a very durable moss covering at that causing her to reel back from the monster with a semblance of horror. Silhouette's arm pulls against her side defensively with a tightness that causes her shoulder blades to nearly touch as she assesses the creature and her lack of impact or rather too much impact and too little squish, squish.

Her mind swirling for an answer to the problem, she though was glad the Fenry was stuck under a net while she stood powerless to harm it. Having struck enough times to convince her that the chances were not just in favor of the creature, she falls back to thinking to the only supernatural creature's she knew well enough to ignore steel. Vampires.

Tilting her head in a manner that states,"What could it hurt?" Her free hand flies with alacrity to draw and punch her silver blade from her belt into the deevil in a test run hopeful that it meets only the kind of resistance expected against flesh, if not a deevils, the bloody kind.

Cheering if she cuts a wound the dark skinned girl hops off both her feet looking to James as if for approval,"Wooooh, that did it!" Smiling gleefully the girl looks around at the chaos approaching from every direction as she points a recriminating finger at the silver stung creature while making a scrunched face saying,"You just stay in that net!" Turning to find Spade she begins to say over her shoulder at the beast,"We can just ignore yo..."

Grant:
"Finish the ones in the nets, they may be physically restrained, but may have other methods of attack. Silhouette, in a land of high magic, un-enchanted weapons are useless unless the creature is vulnerable to the substance it is made of.


Seeing the people trying to fight with poor armaments she sheaths her still poison enchanted Lucky-Unlucky dagger and starts grabbing and throwing weapons left over from her pile at people as she calls out in dragonese,"Hey, hey! Weapons here!" Having no idea what was a weapon and what was paper weight quality matter, she regardless their purpose or acknowledgement to her actions from the defenders makes her distributions.

Harrumphing with a snort at Grant's direction to finish off the beasts even though she doesn't think it as necessary as he claims she begins enchanting the silver blade with poison. All the while that she does this she prances around the Fenry in its net waving her silver dagger behind her as if it were a basket and she were on her way to a picnic as she asks Spade,"So where should we go from here?"

Reaching down as if a scorpion her silver knife leaps forward from behind her to strike into the deevil wolf's flesh.

EPIC GEAR & Tracking:
OOC Comments
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?p=1340524#p1340524

P.P.E.: 139/149 | I.S.P.: 49/57 | H.P.: 36/36 | S.D.C.:37/37
Bracelet: 92/100 ISP | 93/140 PPE
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities)
Effects: Armor of Ithan 70 MDC
Weapon in hand: Silver dagger /enchanted with Viper Kiss


Armored Custom-Made Suit:
Weight: 12 lbs.
Mobility: Good; -2% to movement skills
A.R.: 19
M.D.C.: 26


ClOAK OF SHADOW:
• Head : 8 (when up)
• Main Body : 28
• Modifiers: -2% to all physical skills


Actions: 7
Init: 1d20+4 = 11
SPELL SAVE VS her magic: 14
JIC Dodges(For attacks she would reasonably know to try and dodge): 1d20+8 = 26 1d20+8 = 27 1d20+8 = 18
JIC Parry(w/Silver dagger):1d20+12 = 27 1d20+12 = 15 1d20+12 = 15
Action 1: Draws her silver blade.
Action 2: Stabs Fenry w/ Silver blade, Attack: 1d20+8 = 13 /Damage: 1d6 = 1MDC
Action 3: Sheath's normal dagger(Lucky-Unlucky Dagger)
Action 4: Distributes various weapons
Action 5: Distributes various weapons
Action 6: Enchants silver weapon with Viper Kiss (from ambient PPE (10-7 =3 PPE stored)
Action 7: To Spade,","So where should we go from here?"" Stabs Fenry again: Strike: 1d20+8 = 19 Damage: 1d6 = 6MDC + Viper Kiss below. SV vs 14 magic and Save vs lethal poison(Effects even if saved or succeeded.) Damage plus paralysis if failed : 4d6 = 9MDC

Viper kiss:
OOC Comments
PPE (6) (7) Duration: Coats blade in poison for 1 Melee a lvl;
Save:Each strike that inflicts damage poisons the subject; Standard magic save, plus save vs lethal poison(if magic failed);
Effect: Affects SN creatures; Failed lethal poison save: paralysis & 4d6 direct to HP damage plus receive additional HP damage 1d4 per melee of the caster level(Normal medical skills cannot address).
Successful Save vs poison: suffering -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, loss of initiative, and attacks per melee round are reduced by half.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:12 am

Local Conditions wrote:Somewhere in spacetime
  • Location: Center, Level 6
  • Population: 600 million (50-150 million on level 6)
  • Mission Time: 02:59:15
  • Ley Line Activity: 500' from ley line nexus
  • Weather: Indoors, 65°, 50% humidity
  • Visibility: Bright even, almost approaching daylight

New Map
Image


NIGHT SHADE
The shock dragon moves fast, and runs straight towards Sorrneson as he starts firing. The deevil minion is blasted, once, twice by Sorrenson. Before Sorrenson and get off a third shot though, the dragon creature spews flame from his mouth! It engulfs the Drudge, but the magic armor holds...for the moment. But a moment is all that is need for a third shot, blowing a hole through the twisted creature.

The two nearest threats are the ugly deevils, slavering tongues licking from their bloated lips, letting out an evil laughter as they trot down the stairs. Their clawed hands are stained with blood and the actually seem a little drunk on the whole horrific scene. They are aware of Sorrenson, and not nearly as reckless as the shock dragon, they run away from him rather than towards him. The fourth starfire shot misses the beast as it rolls away with surprising speed. The fifth shot catches the deevil in the back spinning it around. It staggers, then when Sorrenson's sixth shot hits it between the eyes the deevil falls dead to the ground.

It looks like the second deevil is going to avoid the seventh starfire blast, but it catches him in the shoulder, leaving a deep wound. As it staggers, it hurls a bolt of fire from its palm, striking the Drudge, but being absorbed by the mystic barrier. It then turns and starts to head back into the building.

Grant catches the escaping deevil just before it gets inside. His next net just barely manages to snag the dire harpy, bringing it crashing onto the roof of the front steps. Two cryxon come out of the hole left by the shock dragon, shuffling towards Sorrenson--a scary fast shuffle. Another dire harpy flies up and over the roof, screeching all the way. Grant is able to snag the two new cryxon in a net, but the flying hag avoids the magic entanglement. She shoots a blob of hot molten lava as she comes screaming towards him. The blob has no effect as it is just stops dead against Grant's multitude of protective spells.

Howlett seizes the opportunity and charges the captured deevil, filling it with lead-ish stuff. The creature howls and rages as it's hit again and again, but it isn't able to do anything to the soldier in return. Not at this moment anyway. He's close enough to the harpy to smell it, and that is not at all pleasant. No one seems to notice that the hardened soldier is actually trying to run away.

Echo jets up to the roof, and settles down next to some smoking deevil dragon parts. They're not nearly as gory, quickly evaporating into a dank smoke twisting into the sky. He perches just behind the parapet, a few feet back, with good view. Plunking away at the cyxon captured in the magic nets is much like shooting fish in a barrel. But they are extremely tough fish. It takes three shots to put one down. (Which, Echo realizes, means that Grant's hand to hand abilities are very very scary.)

Sil takes the silver knife out and gives it a small test, jabbing the immobile fenry. The blade pierces the skin, drawing demonic blood. Dumping the rest of the looted objects onto the grass for the fleeing club members, Sil notices that some things are more popular than others, but no one stops running, no one else stands and fights. Taking her silver dagger and enchanting it, she slides it between the supernatural ribs. The deevil dog groans and thrashes in pain, then goes limp with a thin whine.

Grant walks over to the captured cryxon close by and dispatches the one wounded with a stroke of the sword and then takes out the next one with just as little effort. Then turning around with two quick shadesword into the fenry. With a whimper, it dies.

So left out front, though there might be more inside still, a dire harpy is flying around, while one on the roof is captured in a net on the roof. On the stairs a deevil is also captured in a net, as are two cryxon nearby. Most of the screaming, running, club members are gone. The security guards are dead. Sil, oddly enough, is the only one to hear the gunfire continuing from inside, but to her it sounds like extremely loud, explosive spells. But it's clear regardless that fighting is still going on inside.

Spade answers her question, "Get to the rift as soon as possible! I do not for a second believe this is coincidence!"

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

    Sorrenson: -31 AoI
    Grant: -4 to initiative, -I to parry and dodge, and Spd, is reduced by 25% for 45 seconds/2 melee rounds. Mystic Net cast 4 times.
    Cryxon: 2 in net
    Fenry: dead
    Dire Harpy: 1 in net, 1 in air

User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:35 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 3+3=6
JiC: 1d100 = 13 // 1d100 = 71
Skills
Prowl: 1d100 = 67/71%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 42/66%
Undercover Ops: 1d100 = 23/63%
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 12/41%


Echo nods in approval from his perch above the carnage, Unfortunate circumstances had led me to lead the life of a sniper, so be it. Much easier to react when you can see it all. Echo muses between shots and watches as his allies properly cut down the enemies. Since, for the moment, he is relatively secured he opens a line to the Security Force of the Club. "Mr. Ponsener, what is your status? The Deevil Dragon has been dealt with and the rest of the enemies are being mopped up slowly. How is the interior security going?" Echo asks to Ponsener, wondering if he is still alive.

Upon seeing the enemies conditions, the trapped deevil's and harpies, Echo turns his attention to the harpy that is still in the air. Largest threat for the time being. Need to deal with that while the others handle the caged fish. He levels his sights on the harpy and takes careful aim, focusing more on a pinpoint shot than expending his mag.

Combat
APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20 = 15+8=23
N-F50A Superheavy Force Field, M.D.C.: 160/160

Action 1-3: Radio then Fire at the Harpy with a clean shot towards its head. Strike: 1d20 = 16+11=27, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 80
Action 4-6: Fire at the Harpy with a clean shot towards its head. Strike: 1d20 = 14+11=25, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 100
Action 7-8: Fire at the Harpy with a clean shot towards its head. Strike: 1d20 = 6+9=15, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 70
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:01 am

Perception: 1d20 = 9 +3 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 78
OOC Comments
PPE: 137/137
ISP: 24/42
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 69/100, 9.25 minutes
Starfire Cannon ammo 21/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Sorrenson eye's twinkle with glee as the his cannon works it's magic on the demons and they die one after the other. Nothing quite like seeing this stuff work in practice. Theory-crafting is all fun and games, but knowing - from first hand experience - that it works as intended, waaay better! He notes with satisfaction that his Drudge is doing good work - yet again. He stops moving towards the Harpy and opens fire with his arm blaster. "Going for the Harpy." He declares on the team's channel. Once any mobile targets are killed he'll fire on the ones trapped in the Magic Net.

If combat is over he'll pick up his Phase Blaster and Light Blade from the pile of weapons Sil brought out with her.

Combat actions


APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20 = 11
Action 1: Shoot Harpy with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 15, damage 1d4*10 = 20M.D.
Action 2: Shoot Harpy with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 10, damage 1d4*10 = 30M.D.
Action 3: Shoot Harpy with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 3, damage 1d4*10 = 30M.D.
Action 4: Shoot Harpy with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 15, damage 1d4*10 = 30M.D.
Action 5: Shoot Harpy with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 8, damage 1d4*10 = 30M.D.
Action 6: Shoot Harpy with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 16, damage 1d4*10 = 40M.D.
Action 7: Shoot Harpy with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 15, damage 1d4*10 = 10M.D.

Parries if needed: 1d20+7 = 16, 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 11, 1d20+7 = 18, 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 24, 1d20+7 = 25

If the Drudge's AoI is depleted Sorrenson will re-up.

If the Harpy dies, he'll switch to the most threatening target and shoot it.
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:41 am

Perception: 1d20 = 8 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d20 = 3

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 69%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Impervious to Possession
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 34/56
  • S.D.C.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 60/78
  • P.P.E.: 348/572
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus. Psychic power range and duration increased 50%
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 10.25 min | 30/60 M.D.C. | 1/2 damage from magic cold, electricity, and fire
  • Fleet Feet | PF2 186 | 5.25 min | Self | Double P.P. (28: +7 S/P/D) Spd (64 - 20 yards/action), APM (16), -2 Initiative, -20% skills requiring delicate touch
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 229.25 min | Self | 50 mph (23 yards/action), +1 Parry with Shadesword, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invulnerability | 2.25 min| Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Shadeword | PF12 80 | 23.25 min | 6d6 M.D.x2 per strike + Save vs Spell Strength 14 or be -2 Strike/Parry with Shadesword for 1 melee round. Each additional success applies culmulative penalties and extends the duration by 1 melee round
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 |10.5 min | 400' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • Tongues: 11.25 min | Speak/Understand any language at 98%
  • Sustain: Duration: 10 days |
  • Energy Sphere 1: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Energy Sphere 2: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Death Bolt | .5 min | -4 Init, -1 Parry with Shadesword/Dodge, -25% Spd
HTH Bonus Calculations
Strike: +3 WP, + 7 PP, +4 HTH = +14
Parry with Shadesword: +2 WP +7 PP +4 HTH +1 FaaE -1 DB = +13
Dodge: +7 PP +2 HTH + 2 FaaE -1 DB = +10


Seeing the shots fire from the roof towards the Dire Harpy, Grant looks around for any other Deevils to stop. It looks like we've got the deevils restrained for the moment. The energy of the ley line is a siren song. The nexus is close where is it? Spotting the glow less than 500' away, Grant says to Silhouette and James, repeating what Spade has just told Silhouette, "We need to get to the nexus." Over the radio, Grant says to include Echo and Sorrenson, "I am heading to the nexus to contact Braithwaite. Follow and cover me; be prepared to send the message your self."

Grant lifts off the ground, his flight speed unimpeded by the necromantic magic affecting him. He flies in a zig zag to avoid anyone easily predicting his path to shoot at him. It should take about 8 actions to get to the nexus. The mage looks for a building that he might enter to hide him while he works his magic. Once at the best spot he can find, he drops to the ground and casts Energy Field (180 M.D.C. on the nexus) around him, and of his team that join him, to provide a safe environment while he works his magic. I am going to need to open a portal to be able for us to send Braithwaite the message, Grant thinks as he opens the satchel around his chest and pulls out both Energy Spheres releasing them to float over his shoulders. Grant focus on the sights, sounds and smells of the room where they first met the gentleman who gave them this mission, he takes a deep breath and begins speaking the words of power to create a Dimensional Portal.

Combat
APM: 16
Initiative: 1d20-1 = 13
Critical Strike from behind or on natural 18-20
Deathblow on natural 20

  1. Look around
  2. Speak to Silhouette and James
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 19
    Dodge: 1d20+10 = 17
  3. Begin Flying towards the nexus, radio Echo and Sorrenson.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 25
    Dodge: 1d20+10 = 17
  4. Continue flying towards the nexus.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 32
    Dodge: 1d20+10 = 30
  5. Continue flying towards the nexus.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 23
    Dodge: 1d20+10 = 20
  6. Continue flying towards the nexus.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 15
    Dodge: 1d20+10 = 12
  7. Continue flying towards the nexus.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 22
    Dodge: 1d20+10 = 13
  8. Continue flying towards the nexus.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 33
    Dodge: 1d20+10 = 23
  9. Continue flying towards the nexus.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 30
    Dodge: 1d20+10 = 21
  10. Continue flying towards the nexus.
    Parry with Shadesword: 1d20+13 = 25
    Dodge: 1d20+10 = 12
  11. Land in the nexus. Absorb the ambient Ley Line energy (40 P.P.E.)
  12. Cast Energy Field around himself
  13. Open Satchel with Energy Spheres in them.
  14. Pull first sphere out
  15. Pull second sphere out
  16. Begin casting Dimensional Portal (1 of 3)

Contingency 1: If Grant's field of Invulnerability and AOI go down, he casts Armor Bizarre upon himself.

Spells Cast
  • Range, duration, and damage tripled within 200' of a nexus
  • Energy Field | 10 P.P.E. | BOM 101 | Range: 360' | 32' radius | 18 min | 180 M.D.C. (explicitly states M.D.C. increases at ley line/nexus)
  • Dimensional Portal | 1000 P.P.E. | BOM 152 | 18' | 9 min | Two way portal
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Silhouette » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:05 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 21
Perc: 1d20+3 = 7

Spade:
Spade answers her question, "Get to the rift as soon as possible! I do not for a second believe this is coincidence!"


Echo and Sorrenson's weapons emit dragon fire as much as Silhouette can determine as the two from their differing vantages bore holes into deevil's as if worms through rotting trees. Snapping her head from one side to another taking in any close dangers as her short hair flips and sticks to sweat upon her brow, the only outward show of any real stress in the situation she is exhibiting as she turns turns to Spade to beckon for the fairy changeling to follow her as she begins skipping along.

Turning toward the now more than obvious nexus with her magic senses being lit up like facing flood lights she pops a thumb toward the building trying to toggle the radio's as she speaks about another sense of hers to Grant and Spade,"Sounds like thunderclaps over and over in there..." Shaking her head in the negative she adds incredulously,"Is someone trying to call more deevils into the place?"

Skipping toe after heel the changeling prances towards the Nexus leaving the netted creatures behind adding on her radio to Grant,"Uh-huh, Mr. Spade says the same."

As Grant begins pulling out his mystic orbs full of P.P.E. the forsaken mage looks the man up and down,"Oh... And here I thought you were not like all the other boys trying to play with your blue balls when a beautiful woman is around!" Raising her eyebrows she tilts her head toward her shoulder holding the position while blinking. Turning her head to look to the other member's of the party she hangs her head and kicks her toe,"For shame, for shame..."

EPIC GEAR & Tracking:
OOC Comments
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?p=1340524#p1340524

P.P.E.: 139/149 | I.S.P.: 49/57 | H.P.: 36/36 | S.D.C.:37/37
Bracelet: 92/100 ISP | 103/140 PPE
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities)
Effects: Armor of Ithan 140 MDC
Weapon in hand: Silver dagger /enchanted with Viper Kiss


Armored Custom-Made Suit:
Weight: 12 lbs.
Mobility: Good; -2% to movement skills
A.R.: 19
M.D.C.: 26


ClOAK OF SHADOW:
• Head : 8 (when up)
• Main Body : 28
• Modifiers: -2% to all physical skills


Actions: 7
Init: 1d20+4 = 15
SPELL SAVE VS her magic: 14
Near Nexus within one mile: Double Damage of spells
JIC Dodges(For attacks she would reasonably know to try and dodge): 1d20+8 = 25 1d20+8 = 26 1d20+8 = 13 1d20+8 = 21 1d20+8 = 13 1d20+8 = 20 1d20+8 = 27 1d20+8 = 9
JIC Parry(w/Silver dagger): 1d20+12 = 26 1d20+12 = 32 1d20+12 = 32 1d20+12 = 25 1d20+12 = 13 1d20+12 = 22 1d20+12 = 32
Action 1: Moving to Nexus; channels 10 PPE into bracelet
Action 2: Moving to Nexus
Action 3:Moving to Nexus
Action 4: Moving to Nexus
Action 5: Moving to Nexus
Action 6: Moving to Nexus
Action 7: Moving to Nexus

Viper kiss:
OOC Comments
PPE (6) (7) Duration: Coats blade in poison for 1 Melee a lvl;
Save:Each strike that inflicts damage poisons the subject; Standard magic save, plus save vs lethal poison(if magic failed);
Effect: Affects SN creatures; Failed lethal poison save: paralysis & 4d6 direct to HP damage plus receive additional HP damage 1d4 per melee of the caster level(Normal medical skills cannot address).
Successful Save vs poison: suffering -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, loss of initiative, and attacks per melee round are reduced by half.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby James Howlett » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:17 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 10
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 84
Constant Effects
Conditions: Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% (50% vs Armed Forces Personnel), Charm/Impress: -10%.
Scarred, ugly man: -5% on skills like Gambling, Intelligence (gathering), Performance, Public Speaking, and Undercover Ops, and -20% to Seduction. Note: +5% to Interrogation skill, Limited Sense of touch: -15% to skills that require manual dexterity.
Cybernetic Senses: Cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye (Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000', Macro Lens: 2x to 8x magnification, range: 3', Passive Nightvision: 2,000', Thermo-Imaging: 2,000', Light Filters: Reduces glare, Targeting Display: Imposes cross-hairs on a target, adding a bonus of +1 to Strike with any ranged weapon.) Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Sensor Hand (Heat: Temperature at 4-6 inch range, Motion detector: Bionics Sourcebook page 36-37, Radiation Detector: As per Geiger Counter, Gyro-Compass: All cardinal directions as well as up down, Clock-Calendar: Date/Time down to the hundredth of a second.)
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
P.P.E.: 4
H.P.: 42
S.D.C.: 61
M.D.C. by Location:
• Hands (2): 50 each.
• Forearms (2): 50 each.
• “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40
• Upper Arms (2): 70 each.
• Legs (2): 90 each.
• Bionic Ribs: 13
• Bionic Pelvis: 13
• Bionic Spine: 13
Combat Info
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 7
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One & Two: Move towards the group.
Action Three & Four: Reload Big Boss Revolver.
Action Five: Fire on any approaching Deevils. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 23; Damage: 2d4 = 6 M.D. plus Knockdown)
Action Six: Fire on any approaching Deevils. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 16; Damage: 2d4 = 7 M.D. plus Knockdown)
Action Seven: Fire on any approaching Deevils. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 9; Damage: 2d4 = 3 M.D. plus Knockdown)

Parries as needed (With Knife): 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 24, 1d20+13 = 17, 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 27, 1d20+13 = 28.
Dodges (If AoI fails): 1d20+12 = 31, 1d20+12 = 20, 1d20+12 = 24, 1d20+12 = 22, 1d20+12 = 31, 1d20+12 = 15, 1d20+12 = 13.


James hears Grant's request and looks about. Getting separated, not good. James thinks as he shifts his withdrawal to move more towards the rest of the group. Once James is near them, he frantically ejects the spent brass in the Big Boss revolver and begins loading more of his rapidly dwindling supply into the revolver's four chambers. "What a time to be alive." James exclaims to no one in particular. Anyone looking at the scarred and embittered Coalition Cyber-Doc can see a look of euphoria in his face as if he's actually enjoying himself. "Need speed loaders for this gun, reloading takes too long." James says as he flips the cylinder closed with a twist of the wrist. James points the revolver down range and slowly fires at the oncoming deevils.
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:16 am

Local Conditions wrote:Somewhere in spacetime
  • Location: Center, Level 6
  • Population: 600 million (50-150 million on level 6)
  • Mission Time: 02:59:30
  • Ley Line Activity: 500' from ley line nexus
  • Weather: Indoors, 65°, 50% humidity
  • Visibility: Bright even, almost approaching daylight

New Map
Image


WOMAN IN THE DARK
Dire harpies are screeching and terrifying. But they're not really that tough. Sorrenson's three shots take the flying one down. Echo's next two shots kill the captive deevil, his third kills the captive harpy. Then Sorrenson's blasters tear into the cryxon milling around inside the net. James races up and is just close enough to shoot at the captured cryxon, damaging them, but they are tough bastards.

The nexus is inside the building to Grant's left, still part of the club. The walls are more or less intact, so he has to crash through the window to get inside. It's dramatic, but not really too difficult. Sil runs after him and can jump through the broken window when she gets there. Spade is following closely behind the Palladium assassin.

The special team isn't the only group on the move. Just as James fires his last shots, more deevils explode out of the building. These ones seem to have already taken some damage though. There is someone--or was someone--putting up a fight inside. Two more shock dragons, on the left by Sorrensen and Echo and the remaining cryxon come crashing through the wall (they like breaking things). Out the front door, right in front of James, slavering and slobbering so he can feel the stink of dead people on its breath. And just so he feels really loved and not homesick at all, another shock dragon leaps form the roof and lands behind him with a growl.

Inside the building, Grant finds a large room, such as might have a swimming pool in other situations. But instead it is a large flat surface inscribed with all manner of arcane symbols. Grant recognizes some, and not some others. The nexus point is clearly marked on the floor. More ridiculous, is the sign.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

    Cryxon: 2 in net
    Fenry:
    Shock Dragons: (3)

User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:46 am

Perception: 1d20 = 1 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 86

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 69%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Impervious to Possession
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 34/56
  • S.D.C.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 60/78
  • P.P.E.: 388/572
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus. Psychic power range and duration increased 50%
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 10.00 min | 30/60 M.D.C. | 1/2 damage from magic cold, electricity, and fire
  • Fleet Feet | PF2 186 | 5.00 min | Self | Double P.P. (28: +7 S/P/D) Spd (64 - 20 yards/action), APM (16), -2 Initiative, -20% skills requiring delicate touch
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 229.00 min | Self | 50 mph (23 yards/action), +1 Parry with Shadesword, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invulnerability | 2.00 min| Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Shadeword | PF12 80 | 23.00 min | 6d6 M.D.x2 per strike + Save vs Spell Strength 14 or be -2 Strike/Parry with Shadesword for 1 melee round. Each additional success applies culmulative penalties and extends the duration by 1 melee round
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 |10.25 min | 400' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • Tongues: 11.00 min | Speak/Understand any language at 98%
  • Sustain: Duration: 10 days |
  • Energy Sphere 1: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Energy Sphere 2: 500 P.P.E. Duration: 30 days
  • Death Bolt | .25 min | -4 Init, -1 Parry with Shadesword/Dodge, -25% Spd
HTH Bonus Calculations
Strike: +3 WP, + 7 PP, +4 HTH = +14
Parry with Shadesword: +2 WP +7 PP +4 HTH +1 FaaE -1 DB = +13
Dodge: +7 PP +2 HTH + 2 FaaE -1 DB = +10


Finding the elegant space set aside for the nexus, Grant looks around mouth agape. He breathes in the tingly air of the ley line charged space, absorbing the ambient energy. "Ah." Grant says, his eyes catch the sign and quickly spots a translation in American. Turning towards Spade, with a smirk on his face he says, "Well Spade, as your guest, do I have your permission?" Looking at both Spade and Silhouette he adds, "I am going to cast a protective bubble around me, both of you are welcome to join me."

He casts Energy Field in a protective bubble around them to give him the precious seconds he needs. Then opens his satchel to release his two Energy Spheres into the air. Then with his mind focused on the nexus where he last saw Braithwaite, he chants the words to Dimensional Portal. As it takes shape, he pulls the energy from the spheres channeling it into the spell. The sphere's brighten for an instant and then rapidly dissipate as they are depleted. By force of his will he keeps the portal small.

Radio: Basic 70% vs 1d100 = 38 | Pass | Tune radio

The mage adjusts the radio in the manner described by Braithwaite and then transmits the message. "Braithwaite, this is Grant. The Devourer is working with the Knife and Deevils here on Center. We believe they are using a rift located on level 9 called Old Wing Gate 417. We are currently under attack by Deevils on level 6. Please respond."

Grant looks at Spade and Silhouette, a bit of shrug in his shoulders as he listens for a response. He glances around the room, but keeps his will upon the portal ready to cancel it if needed. He's going to tell us he's short resources and we are going to have to get Old Wing Gate 417, Grant thinks, Wait for it, wait for it...

Combat
APM: 16
Initiative: 1d20-1 = 13
Critical Strike from behind or on natural 18-20
Deathblow on natural 20

  1. Look around
  2. Speak to Spade and Silhouette
  3. Take in the sights and absorb the ambient Ley Line energy (40 P.P.E.)
  4. Ask Spade's permission
  5. Cast Energy Field around himself
  6. Open Satchel with Energy Spheres in them.
  7. Pull first sphere out
  8. Pull second sphere out
  9. Begin casting Dimensional Portal (1 of 3)
  10. Begin casting Dimensional Portal (2 of 3)
  11. Begin casting Dimensional Portal (3 of 3)
  12. Pull out radio
  13. Make necessary adjustments to radio
  14. Send Message
  15. Wait for reply
  16. Parry 1d20+13 = 29 with Shadesword or Dodge 1d20+10 = 16

Contingency 1: If Grant's field of Invulnerability and AOI go down, he casts Armor Bizarre upon himself.

Spells Cast
  • Range, duration, and damage tripled within 200' of a nexus
  • Energy Field | 10 P.P.E. | BOM 101 | Range: 360' | 32' radius | 18 min | 180 M.D.C. (explicitly states M.D.C. increases at ley line/nexus)
  • Dimensional Portal | 1000 P.P.E. | BOM 152 | 18' | 9 min | Two way portal
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:48 am

Perception: 1d20 = 7 +3Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 78
OOC Comments
[ooc]PPE: 137/137
ISP: 24/42
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 69/100, 9 minutes
Starfire Cannon ammo 21/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5
[/OOC]

Sorrenson notes that Grant heads into the Nexus building. "Follwing Grant to the Nexus." He radios to the rest ot the team. He starts backing off, follwing Grant. He keeps his front towards the Club and the demonic targets flowing out of it. He picks the most treatening target and continues firing hie arm blaster at it. Switching targets as needed. Daymn! How many uglies were in there?

If combat is over he'll pick up his Phase Blaster and Light Blade from the pile of weapons Sil brought out with her.

Combat actions


APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20 = 15
Action 1: Shoot Demon with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 21, damage 1d4*10 = 40M.D.
Action 2: Shoot Demon with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 7, damage 1d4*10 = 40M.D.
Action 3: Shoot Demon with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 20, damage 1d4*10 = 10M.D.
Action 4: Shoot Demon with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 8, damage 1d4*10 = 30M.D.
Action 5: Shoot Demon with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 8, damage 1d4*10 = 30M.D.
Action 6: Shoot Demon with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 18, damage 1d4*10 = 30M.D.
Action 7: Shoot Demon with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 3, damage 1d4*10 = 30M.D.

Parries if needed: 1d20+7 = 22, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 17, 1d20+7 = 19, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 26

If the Drudge's AoI is depleted Sorrenson will re-up.

If his current target dies, he'll switch to the most threatening target and shoot it.
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Silhouette » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:30 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 17
Perc: 1d20+3 = 14

Listening and Awareness -- 30% / 1d100 = 86

Failing to recognize the ironic sign and its head scratching rules the changeling follows Grant into the proximity of the magical confluence known as a nexus. Pacing the space of the room the changeling looks from Grant and Spade declining the offer of his shielding magic answering,"You need to talk to the old man, so I will just make sure nothing bothers you."

Casting magic she usually reserves for turning her brawny allies into fast and responsive destroyers she casts Fleet Feet upon herself. The feeling of ants crawling down from hear head to her toes was not as disconcerting as the sense of tunnel vision it gave and momentum, as if you are sprinting in a single direction on ice. Pivoting always felt like a struggle, but even with that sensation she was certain she was quicker and more responsive.

The magic didn't make sense to her perceptions but it worked and that was what mattered.

Accelerated in her steps she patrols the windows and entrances looking for any deevil's readying herself at any threshold that she is certain they are coming through. She seems to expect with certainty that deevil's will show considering the long beeline they made here as she thinks,"Like wolves these deevils, seeing us as fleeing prey heading to the Nexus..." Laughing at the beasts if they follow she shakes her head.


EPIC GEAR & Tracking:
OOC Comments
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?p=1340524#p1340524

P.P.E.: 139/149 | I.S.P.: 49/57 | H.P.: 36/36 | S.D.C.:37/37
Bracelet: 92/100 ISP | 99/140 PPE
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities)
Weapon in hand: Silver dagger /enchanted with Viper Kiss


Armored Custom-Made Suit:
Weight: 12 lbs.
Mobility: Good; -2% to movement skills
A.R.: 19
M.D.C.: 26


ClOAK OF SHADOW:
• Head : 8 (when up)
• Main Body : 28
• Modifiers: -2% to all physical skills


Effects: Armor of Ithan 210 MDC; Fleet Feet: double actions, P.P. not likely to see a surprise
attack coming (in most cases a surprise attack or strike from behind is automatic). Performance of delicate skills like pickinglocks or pockets, carving, writing, etc., are all at -20%

Actions: 7 (14 w/fleet feet) Movement: 540' a melee/38' an action
Init: 1d20+6 = 24
SPELL SAVE VS her magic: 14
Near Nexus within 500 ft: TRIPLE Damage of spells

Combat: Strike once and parry incoming; dodging ramming, boulders, etc.

JIC Dodges(For attacks she would reasonably know to try and dodge): 1d20+13 = 24 1d20+13 = 20 1d20+13 = 23 1d20+13 = 25 1d20+13 = 22 1d20+13 = 32 1d20+13 = 14 1d20+13 = 17 1d20+13 = 16 1d20+13 = 19 1d20+13 = 33 1d20+13 = 26 1d20+13 = 32

JIC Parry(w/Silver dagger): 1d20+17 = 36 1d20+17 = 18 1d20+17 = 34 1d20+17 = 33 1d20+17 = 36 1d20+17 = 24 1d20+17 = 20 1d20+17 = 24 1d20+17 = 32 1d20+17 = 18 1d20+17 = 24 1d20+17 = 24 1d20+17 = 18 1d20+17 = 25


Viper kiss:
OOC Comments
PPE (6) (7) Duration: Coats blade in poison for 1 Melee a lvl;
Save:Each strike that inflicts damage poisons the subject; Standard magic save, plus save vs lethal poison(if magic failed);
Effect: Affects SN creatures; Failed lethal poison save: paralysis & 4d6 direct to HP damage plus receive additional HP damage 1d4 per melee of the caster level(Normal medical skills cannot address).
Successful Save vs poison: suffering -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, loss of initiative, and attacks per melee round are reduced by half.



Action 1: Casting Fleet Feet -4 PPE (Nexus provides 20 PPE)

Action 2: Standing ready; If enemies show will strike with Silver Viper Kiss enchanted dagger; Viper kiss on failed save(14) Paralysis &12d6 = 38HP/MDC w/ +3d4HP/MDC per melee per strike(6 melees); Attack: 1d20+13 = 15; Dmg: 1d6 = 2 MDC

Action 3 Standing ready; If enemies show will strike with Silver Viper Kiss enchanted dagger; Viper kiss on failed save(14) Paralysis & 12d6 = 45HP/MDC w/ +3d4 HP/MDC per melee per strike(6 melees); Attack: 1d20+13 = 27; Dmg: 1d6 = 4 MDC

Action 4Standing ready; If enemies show will strike with Silver Viper Kiss enchanted dagger; Viper kiss on failed save(14) Paralysis & 12d6 = 31HP/MDC w/ +3d4 HP/MDC per melee per strike(6 melees); Attack: 1d20+13 = 20; Dmg: 1d6 = 6 MDC

Action 5: Standing ready; If enemies show will strike with Silver Viper Kiss enchanted dagger; Viper kiss on failed save(14) Paralysis & 12d6 = 42HP/MDC w/ +3d4 HP/MDC per melee per strike(6 melees); Attack: 1d20+13 = 29; Dmg: 1d6 = 5 MDC

Action 6: Standing ready; If enemies show will strike with Silver Viper Kiss enchanted dagger; Viper kiss on failed save(14) Paralysis & 12d6 = 42HP/MDC w/ +3d4 HP/MDC per melee per strike(6 melees); Attack: 1d20+13 = 16; Dmg: 1d6 = 2 MDC

Action 7: Standing ready; If enemies show will strike with Silver Viper Kiss enchanted dagger; Viper kiss on failed save(14) Paralysis & 12d6 = 32HP/MDC w/ +3d4 HP/MDC per melee per strike(6 melees); Attack: 1d20+13 = 21; Dmg: 1d6 = 3 MDC

Action 8 Standing ready; If enemies show will strike with Silver Viper Kiss enchanted dagger; Viper kiss on failed save(14) Paralysis & 12d6 = 46HP/MDC w/ +3d4 HP/MDC per melee per strike(6 melees); Attack: 1d20+13 = 21; Dmg: 1d6 = 1 MDC

Action 9 Standing ready; If enemies show will strike with Silver Viper Kiss enchanted dagger; Viper kiss on failed save(14) Paralysis & 12d6 = 49HP/MDC w/ +3d4 HP/MDC per melee per strike(6 melees); Attack: 1d20+13 = 15; Dmg: 1d6 = 6 MDC

Action 10 Standing ready; If enemies show will strike with Silver Viper Kiss enchanted dagger; Viper kiss on failed save(14) Paralysis & 12d6 = 38HP/MDC w/ +3d4 HP/MDC per melee per strike(6 melees); Attack: 1d20+13 = 21; Dmg: 1d6 = 3 MDC

Action 11 Standing ready; If enemies show will strike with Silver Viper Kiss enchanted dagger; Viper kiss on failed save(14) Paralysis & 12d6 = 36HP/MDC w/ +3d4 HP/MDC per melee per strike(6 melees); Attack: 1d20+13 = 33; Dmg: 1d6 = 4 MDC

Action 12 Standing ready; If enemies show will strike with Silver Viper Kiss enchanted dagger; Viper kiss on failed save(14) Paralysis & 12d6 = 37HP/MDC w/ +3d4 HP/MDC per melee per strike(6 melees); Attack: 1d20+13 = 33; Dmg: 1d6 = 6 MDC

Action 13 Not Avail

Action 14: Not avail
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Somewhere in spacetime
  • Location: Center, Level 6
  • Population: 600 million (50-150 million on level 6)
  • Mission Time: 02:59:45
  • Ley Line Activity: 500' from ley line nexus/at nexus
  • Weather: Indoors, 65°, 50% humidity
  • Visibility: Bright even, almost approaching daylight

New Map
Image


HOLIDAY
Sorrenson is the most proactive against the threats swarming the lawn. The shock dragons seem to think he's the biggest threat too, with Echo silent, it's a true assessment. So they charge. Sorrenson gets off several shots in time to kill one of the dragons before he can strike. He gets only one hit on the second dragon before he is too busy parrying and trying not to get hit to be effective. The shock dragon surprises Sorrenson with a pair of energy blasts from its hands, they impact and dissipate on the mystic armor surrounding the Drudge, but the armor is certainly weakened. Likewise, one of the beast's fearsome claw strikes gets through Sorrenson's best attempts to block, also causing ripples in the Armor of Ithan. What he doesn't notice immediately is that the connecting power cable between the blaster and the Drudge's power supply has been dislodged... the blaster is useless!*

The remaining shock dragon and fenry approach Sil and Grant's location, but they do so cautiously. The reckless charge hasn't worked so well for the others, and none of these monsters are actually dumb. The cryxon sure, but none of the others at least. Sil is knocked back about six feet by an invisible force! She manages to keep on her feet, but it took all her natural balance to keep from toppling over. And the shock dragon disappears! The fenry decides that yes, charging and attacking is a good plan. It leaps in attacking with claw and tooth.

The beast lands with all four feet on Sil...except she's not there anymore, having danced out of the way with preternatural quickness. Except for one pitiful excuse for a parry where Sil practically places her arm in the beast's mouth, she deflects all the vicious bites from the slavering jaws of the hellish canine.

Her speed boosted responses take their toll on the beast. In three or four strikes with her poisoned blade the fenry dies, whimpering and twitching. Its death is pathetic really. In maybe two seconds it went from a terrible demonic force to a quivering pile of dying and disintegrating fur and flesh. Poison. Who knew.

The shock dragon. It just went invisible, so Sil quickly casts a spell to try and reveal his position. Despite being invisible, the shock dragon isn't sneaky or terribly cagey and Sil spots it out of the corner of her eye as it attempts to circle around behind her. He notices that she notices him and leaps back away from her blade. It reaches to its harness and draws one of the funny box like devices that shoot massive death bolts. The monster tries and tries to build distance between itself and Sil's poisoned dagger. Try as he might though, he only manages to block or dodge a couple of the deadly knife strikes. It takes it longer than the fenry to succumb, but the it does in the end.

Grant is a master of the nexus. "Oh, yes, Mr Grant be my guest, absolutely," Spade responds with some weird combination of fear, excitement, joy and frustration. All at once. And the fact that he's not actually human makes the combination just a bit off--it exaggerates the otherwise imperceptible uncanny valley effect

James hears a horrible disorienting screech through his ear implant, as if the sound filter was reversed. It's distracting and disorienting and he wobbles in place and can't act. It only lasts about ten seconds. It coincided with Grant activating the inter-dimensional radio. The radio functions perfectly, whether through super tech or advanced TW is hard to tell with all the ambient ley line energy pulsing in around the nexus. A few seconds after Grant speak he gets a return message:

"My dear Mr Latham, nice to hear from you. Right on schedule, yes, very satisfactory. Yes, yes, it would be most advantageous if you could proceed to the location identified. It is imperative we confirm this connection between the Deevils and the Devourer, as well as their point of origin. I will make some calls and get you cleared to that rift location, the Knife should not be an issue. Correction, they will not be an issue. Do you require assistance at your current location? You would have to hold out some minutes, but it is conceivable. Acknowledge?"

Echo's radio crackles to life. "Sir, Ponser, things are okay. There was a Quotoria here, he helped a bunch, but the demons seemed to follow you guys, besides generally slaughtering anyone within reach. The wolfen is hurt bad, if there's anyone could help, we've got him in the kitchen." the security tech responds after a long pause to Echo, his voice pretty calm. But another voice overrides his hearing, hijacking his attention, a calm, confident feminine voice. What are you doing? Sitting around? Did you see that little girl kill two demons while you just sat here with your thumb up your ass?"

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

    Sorrenson: -13 AoI, Plasma cannon malfunctioning
    Sil: -8 AoI or outer layer of armor
    Cryxon: 2 in net
    Fenry:
    Shock Dragons: (3)



*Hooray for crit fails, right?
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:40 am

Perception: 1d20 = 13+3=16
JiC: 1d100 = 55 // 1d20 = 6
Skills
Prowl: 1d100 = 70/71% (Remain last on the train of thought of the enemies/unheard)
Concealment: 1d100 = 47/49% (Remain unseen)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 42/66%
Undercover Ops: 1d100 = 17/63%
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 2/41%
Save vs HF: 1d20 = 13+4
Save vs Magic: 1d20 = 10+2
Save vs Psionic: 1d20 = 12+3


When Echo spots the two injured shock dragons coming from the left he cracks a small smile from beneath his helmet. Good, there is still fight left in these people. Maybe Ponsener isn't dead after all. He remarks internally and assesses the battlegrounds. He will provide cover for Sorrenson and Grant and any others as they made for the Nexus, ready to evacuate but picking off enemies in the mean time.

As the Shock Dragon passes Echo for Sorrenson he cocks his head slightly, That's right, go after the larger target and leave your back exposed. Never turn your back on a threat, these supernaturals are far too cocky. Echo thinks inwardly regarding the enemies choice of ignoring him and going for Sorrenson. Echo begins lining up a few well aimed shots until his radio crackles to life; the one linked to the security crew.

Steve Ponsener wrote:"Sir, Ponser, things are okay. There was a Quotoria here, he helped a bunch, but the demons seemed to follow you guys, besides generally slaughtering anyone within reach. The wolfen is hurt bad, if there's anyone could help, we've got him in the kitchen."


Echo nods in acknowledgement, "Understood Mr. Ponsener, Your vigilance is appreciated. Do your best to secure the civilians and the interior of the club, do not take uneccessary risks. If at all possible, corral what enemies are left inside and push them outside where we can deal with them. I'll be in touch, and I'll see what I can do about acquiring aid." Echo responds and turns his attention to the enemies now swarming over his allies.

"Echo here, I am on a solid perch and laying down some fire now. You should button down where you are to make it more difficult for you to be overwhelmed. Those within the casino responded and have most of the civilians secure, though there is a great amount of wounded. If Mr Braidwaite can offer any support, we could gain a few more local allies to aid in our mission." Echo says to the team then looks to the enemies. Bloody hell, they are like cockroaches. He curses as he lines up a shot before another voice enters his mind.
Mysterious Voice wrote:What are you doing? Sitting around? Did you see that little girl kill two demons while you just sat here with your thumb up your ass?"

Everyone has a purpose in combat, brash attacks do not always work. And that little girl is performing admirably. Now what is your purpose and who are you? Echo thinks, allowing this thought to be on the forefront of his mind, unsure if this is a manner of telepathy or something else.

Okay, barring any more undue interruptions, time to decree death. Echo thinks, regardless of what the voice is, he aims and fires on his next target, favoring multiple well-aimed shots over precision shots. Too many enemies to issue death upon.

Combat
APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 17
N-F50A Superheavy Force Field, M.D.C.: 160/160
Echo is not dedicating any actions to Dodge, being one of the only ones to not have direct combat damage dealt and a full shield and with the enemies passing him over for his more active allies, he will rely on the shield.

Action 1: Radio Updates
Action 2: Fires Heavy Round at the most injured target nearest his allies. Strike: 1d20 = 7+8=15, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 60
Action 3: Fires Heavy Round at the most injured target nearest his allies. Strike: 1d20 = 19+8=27, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 80
Action 4: Fires Heavy Round at the most injured target nearest his allies. Strike: 1d20 = 11+8=19, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 50
Action 5: Fires Heavy Round at the most injured target nearest his allies. Strike: 1d20 = 10+8=18, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 60
Action 6: Reload, Fresh 8Rd Mag
Action 7: Fires Heavy Round at the most injured target nearest his allies. Strike: 1d20 = 20(Crit)+8=28, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 80
Action 8: Fires Heavy Round at the most injured target nearest his allies. Strike: 1d20 = 11+8=19, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 60
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Sorrenson » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:26 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 10 +3 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 89
OOC Comments
PPE: 137/137
ISP: 24/42
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 56/100, 8.75 minutes
Starfire Cannon ammo 21/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Arm Blaster - offline, severed power connection


Sorrenson finger the fire button to his arm blaster. What the...? Oh, funk me! That demon's done something to my arm blaster! It's not working! He sees that Sil has been knocked back by something invisible, so he quickly cycles through his thermo and infra red optic settings, in case he case see it that way. Don't wanna get caught out like I did by the gates! His jaw clenching of the shame of getting briefly possessed and stomping on the gate card. He also sees how quickly she tears new holes in the Shock Dragon. Wow, she kicks ass! With a freaking knife of all things! Sorrenson switches over to his Starfire and wastes no time killing the demons in view. "The sooner they die, the sooner I can fix this!" he says to himself. He stops walking backwards towards Grant and focuses on kill baddies. Hmm, this could be a problem if I can't fix the power supply pronto!

Sorrenson feels the situation is turning out just fine so he radios the group. "So how's everyone going? Chugging along like a Kreeghor in an Acid Bath I hope."

Combat actions

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20 = 19
Action 1: Pause and wonder why his arm blaster isn't working!? Switch to bigger gun!
Action 2: Shoot Demon with Starfire 1d20+2 = 5, 2d6*10 = 90M.D.
Action 3: Shoot Demon with Starfire 1d20+2 = 18, 2d6*10 = 40M.D.
Action 4: Shoot Demon with Starfire 1d20+2 = 9, 2d6*10 = 70M.D.
Action 5: Shoot Demon with Starfire 1d20+2 = 3, 2d6*10 = 50M.D.
Action 6: Shoot Demon with Starfire 1d20+2 = 15, 2d6*10 = 50M.D.
Action 7: Radio group

Parries if needed: 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 10, 1d20+7 = 27, 1d20+7 = 17, 1d20+7 = 27, 1d20+7 = 17, 1d20+7 = 19

If the Drudge's AoI is depleted Sorrenson will re-up.

If his current target dies, he'll switch to the most threatening target and shoot it. When all the hostiles are dead he'll go and pick up his Light Blade and Phase Blaster.
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 12 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 64

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 69%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Impervious to Possession
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 34/56
  • S.D.C.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 60/78
  • P.P.E.: 418/572
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus. Psychic power range and duration increased 50%
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 9.75 min | 30/60 M.D.C. | 1/2 damage from magic cold, electricity, and fire
  • Fleet Feet | PF2 186 | 4.75 min | Self | Double P.P. (28: +7 S/P/D) Spd (64 - 20 yards/action), APM (16), -2 Initiative, -20% skills requiring delicate touch
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 228.75 min | Self | 50 mph (23 yards/action), +1 Parry with Shadesword, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invulnerability | 1.75 min| Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Shadeword | PF12 80 | 22.75 min | 6d6 M.D.x2 per strike + Save vs Spell Strength 14 or be -2 Strike/Parry with Shadesword for 1 melee round. Each additional success applies culmulative penalties and extends the duration by 1 melee round
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 |10.00 min | 400' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • Tongues: 10.75 min | Speak/Understand any language at 98%
  • Sustain: Duration: 10 days |
  • Energy Field | 10 P.P.E. | BOM 101 | Range: 360' | 32' radius | 17.75 min | 180 M.D.C. (explicitly states M.D.C. increases at ley line/nexus)
  • Dimensional Portal | 1000 P.P.E. | BOM 152 | 18' | 8.75 min | Two way portal
HTH Bonus Calculations
Strike: +3 WP, + 7 PP, +4 HTH = +14
Parry with Shadesword: +2 WP +7 PP +4 HTH +1 FaaE = +14
Dodge: +7 PP +2 HTH + 2 FaaE = +11


Maniacal Laugh wrote:"My dear Mr Latham, nice to hear from you. Right on schedule, yes, very satisfactory. Yes, yes, it would be most advantageous if you could proceed to the location identified. It is imperative we confirm this connection between the Deevils and the Devourer, as well as their point of origin. I will make some calls and get you cleared to that rift location, the Knife should not be an issue. Correction, they will not be an issue. Do you require assistance at your current location? You would have to hold out some minutes, but it is conceivable. Acknowledge?"


Grant listens to Braithwaite's answer and in his mind hear's the metaphorical shoe drop as expected. He clicks the radio to respond, "Mr. Brathwaite, I am certain the denizens of level 6 would appreciate whatever help your agency could provide. What exactly do mean by 'cleared to that rift location'? I can Rift Teleport my team back to level 9, but the distance between where you dropped us off and Old Wing 417 is an unknown. Are you going to provide transportation to the location?"

Getting the feeling he might be there for a few minutes (and seeing Silhouette handling the situation outside the energy field adroitly), Grant picks up his left leg off the floor, then the right leg, taking a moment to relax in the line absorbing more energy. He feels the affects of the necromatic magic wear off and his Lord Magus enhanced metabolism begin to heal the damage to his body. If the nexus we came here at is still undistrubed, I can restore my energies. I am going to have to be a bit more circumpsect with magic if we leave the line otherwise.

He switches to the team's frequency. "Lieutenant, Echo, Sorrenson, please head to the nexus, it's in the building to the right of the club's entrance. We need to put eyeballs on the deevils and devourers and head to the location Spade gave us."

Grant turns and looks down at Spade, "It would be helpful if you came with us so we can see what is happening at Old Wing Gate 417, what do you say?"

Combat
APM: 16
Initiative: 1d20 = 11
Critical Strike from behind or on natural 18-20
Deathblow on natural 20

Actions 1 to 16: Talking and listening, Absorb 40 P.P.E., Heal: 2d6 = 8 H.P.

Contingency 1: If Grant's field of Invulnerability and AOI go down, he casts Armor Bizarre upon himself.

Spells Cast
  • Range, duration, and damage tripled within 200' of a nexus
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:32 pm

In lieu of a full post...

Braithwaite replies quickly, "Mr Latham, my apologies for a lack of clarity. We have cleared a direct path for you to the designated location. You will not be hindered by the locals. Unfortunately, we are not able to control and demonic or deevilish threats as easily. I believe your teleport option would be the most efficient as their might be substantial interference on any of the levels. We will make sure help arrives soon to the victims at your location. Is there a contact we can coordinate with?"

Ponser also responds to Echo, "Okay sir. We've still got a couple security guards mobile, I'll have them recon the area. We'll report back to you as soon as we have a good understanding of the conditions."

For Sorrenson
For Sorrenson's great Phaseworld reference, the power cable is just dislodged on Drudge, so it should be an easy fix (it was originally cut, therefore requiring effort, but I appreciated the flavor!! And I can't hand out more EP, I just blew all of mine! This is the best I can think of!)
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby James Howlett » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 5
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 55
Constant Effects
Conditions: Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% (50% vs Armed Forces Personnel), Charm/Impress: -10%.
Scarred, ugly man: -5% on skills like Gambling, Intelligence (gathering), Performance, Public Speaking, and Undercover Ops, and -20% to Seduction. Note: +5% to Interrogation skill, Limited Sense of touch: -15% to skills that require manual dexterity.
Cybernetic Senses: Cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye (Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000', Macro Lens: 2x to 8x magnification, range: 3', Passive Nightvision: 2,000', Thermo-Imaging: 2,000', Light Filters: Reduces glare, Targeting Display: Imposes cross-hairs on a target, adding a bonus of +1 to Strike with any ranged weapon.) Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Sensor Hand (Heat: Temperature at 4-6 inch range, Motion detector: Bionics Sourcebook page 36-37, Radiation Detector: As per Geiger Counter, Gyro-Compass: All cardinal directions as well as up down, Clock-Calendar: Date/Time down to the hundredth of a second.)
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
P.P.E.: 4
H.P.: 42
S.D.C.: 61
M.D.C. by Location:
• Hands (2): 50 each.
• Forearms (2): 50 each.
• “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40
• Upper Arms (2): 70 each.
• Legs (2): 90 each.
• Bionic Ribs: 13
• Bionic Pelvis: 13
• Bionic Spine: 13
Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 19
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One: Holster Big Boss Revolver.
Action Two: Toss Plasma grenade towards right hand Shock Dragon. (Strike: 1d20+8 = 23; Damage: 5d6 = 23 M.D.; 12' radius)
Action Three: Arm Explosive Bullets Implant and fire at right hand Shock Dragon. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 23; Damage: 4d6 = 12 M.D.)
Action Four: Fire Explosive Bullets Implant at right hand Shock Dragon. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 26 Nat 20!; Damage: 4d6 = 19 M.D. 38 M.D.)
Action Five: Fire Explosive Bullets Implant at right hand Shock Dragon. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 16; Damage: 4d6 = 14 M.D.)
Action Six: Fire Explosive Bullets Implant at right hand Shock Dragon. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 26 Nat 20!; Damage: 4d6 = 17 M.D. 34 M.D.)
Action Seven: Fire Explosive Bullets Implant at right hand Shock Dragon. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 16; Damage: 4d6 = 13 M.D.)

Parries as needed (w/Vibro-Knife Grenade): 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 32, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 27.
Dodges (If AoI drops): 1d20+12 = 19, 1d20+12 = 13, 1d20+12 = 22, 1d20+12 = 20, 1d20+12 = 30, 1d20+12 = 18, 1d20+12 = 20.


James sighs. "We could use some heavy weapons for the upcoming future. I am running low on ammo." James sends over his compromised radio. James says this while holstering his revolver and unclipping one of his Plasma Grenades and tosses it at the nearby Shock Dragon. James follows this up with shots from his bionic implant. They are robust.
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:51 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 14 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 53

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 69%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Impervious to Possession
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 42/56
  • S.D.C.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 60/78
  • P.P.E.: 458/572
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus. Psychic power range and duration increased 50%
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 9.50 min | 30/60 M.D.C. | 1/2 damage from magic cold, electricity, and fire
  • Fleet Feet | PF2 186 | 4.50 min | Self | Double P.P. (28: +7 S/P/D) Spd (64 - 20 yards/action), APM (16), -2 Initiative, -20% skills requiring delicate touch
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 228.75 min | Self | 50 mph (23 yards/action), +1 Parry with Shadesword, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invulnerability | 1.50 min| Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Shadeword | PF12 80 | 22.50 min | 6d6 M.D.x2 per strike + Save vs Spell Strength 14 or be -2 Strike/Parry with Shadesword for 1 melee round. Each additional success applies culmulative penalties and extends the duration by 1 melee round
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 |9.75 min | 400' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • Tongues: 10.75 min | Speak/Understand any language at 98%
  • Sustain: Duration: 10 days |
  • Energy Field | 10 P.P.E. | BOM 101 | Range: 360' | 32' radius | 17.50 min | 180 M.D.C. (explicitly states M.D.C. increases at ley line/nexus)
  • Dimensional Portal | 1000 P.P.E. | BOM 152 | 18' | 8.50 min | Two way portal
HTH Bonus Calculations
Strike: +3 WP, + 7 PP, +4 HTH = +14
Parry with Shadesword: +2 WP +7 PP +4 HTH +1 FaaE = +14
Dodge: +7 PP +2 HTH + 2 FaaE = +11


Grant continues to float on the energy of the ley line absorbing the available energy as fast as possible.

Braithwaite wrote:Braithwaite replies quickly, "Mr Latham, my apologies for a lack of clarity. We have cleared a direct path for you to the designated location. You will not be hindered by the locals. Unfortunately, we are not able to control and demonic or deevilish threats as easily. I believe your teleport option would be the most efficient as their might be substantial interference on any of the levels. We will make sure help arrives soon to the victims at your location. Is there a contact we can coordinate with?"


Grant nods in understanding to himself as Braithwaite confirms that they need to slog to the destination themselves. "I believe Echo has made contact with the club's security forces, they would be the ones to coordinate with." Grant pauses a moment in thought. He, or his agency knows the locals, Grant thinks. Taking a respectful tone, he adds, "Sir, if you are in contact with the locals, wouldn't it be easier to have them confirm the connection?"

James Howlett wrote:James sighs. "We could use some heavy weapons for the upcoming future. I am running low on ammo." James sends over his compromised radio


Hearing James' request, Grant relays it. "The resistance we've encountered here was considerable. While we've only been hindered and harmed moderately, there was quite a bit of luck, particularly the nearness of this ley line nexus. The Lieutenant has requested heavier weaponry, ammo, and armor. I could bolster his capabilities with magic, but as you've seen in your own profile for him, he'd reject it on principle."


On the team's channel he says, "Lieutenant, I've relayed your request. Echo, Braithwaite has request the name and frequency of the local security forces so he can have the support team he is sending contact them."

He waves and calls out to Silhouette with a smile on his face, "Silhouette, your defense of the nexus has been admirable, good job." The way she craves attention, she probably rarely receives praise. A little positive reinforcement now, may pay dividends later.

Combat
APM: 16
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 4
Critical Strike from behind or on natural 18-20
Deathblow on natural 20

Actions 1 to 16: Talking and listening, Absorb 40 P.P.E., 1 of 4 rounds to regenerate H.P.

Contingency 1: If Grant's field of Invulnerability and AOI go down, he casts Armor Bizarre upon himself.

Spells Cast
  • Range, duration, and damage tripled within 200' of a nexus
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:47 am

Perception: 1d20 = 20+3=23
JiC: 1d100 = 72 // 1d20 = 6
Concealment: 1d100 = 8/45% (Remain hard to see during combat)
Prowl: 1d100 = 38/58% (Remain hard to hear, other than when rounds are fired)

Echo nods his head in brief acknowledgement of Steve Ponsener's work so far and continues bearing down on enemies in the meantime.

Grant Latham wrote:"Lieutenant, I've relayed your request. Echo, Braithwaite has request the name and frequency of the local security forces so he can have the support team he is sending contact them."


"Acknowledged, Mr. Latham, prepare to receive... Contact, Steve Ponsener, Adolphus Security Specialist. Nexus Nova, Center Level 6, internal security force. Transmitting frequency now. I am expecting an update on what enemies remain inside. I have also ordered them to corral what enemies they can outside the club so they can be dealt with. They have a Quotoria helping secure them, and the wolfen merc I spotted earlier was severely injured helping them, and is currently being secured in the club kitchen. I will let them know to expect aid and to bunker down. Code phrase, Adolphus Security." Echo explains over and sends the frequency to Grant before switching his output to the security frequency.

"Mr. Ponsener, I have secured aid and support for your contingent. Expect to be contacted shortly, code phrase Adolphus Security. Belay prior orders, bunker down and secure all staff and civilians still alive until support arrives. Support will help purge any remaining hostiles within the building." Echo orders, then will continue firing with extreme prejudice. Never thought I'd see the day where I was actively trying to prevent the loss of life, my old mentor would be disappointed at this distraction.

Combat
APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 26
N-F50A Superheavy Force Field, M.D.C.: 160/160
Echo is not dedicating any actions to Dodge, being one of the only ones to not have direct combat damage dealt and a full shield and with the enemies passing him over for his more active allies, he will rely on the shield.

Action 1: Radio Updates
Action 2: Fires Heavy Round at the most injured target nearest his allies. Strike: 1d20 = 18+8, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 80
Action 3: Fires Heavy Round at the most injured target nearest his allies. Strike: 1d20 = 3+8, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 60
Action 4: Fires Heavy Round at the most injured target nearest his allies. Strike: 1d20 = 11+8, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 70
Action 5: Fires Heavy Round at the most injured target nearest his allies. Strike: 1d20 = 18+8, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 70
Action 6: Fires Heavy Round at the most injured target nearest his allies. Strike: 1d20 = 9+8, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 90
Action 7: Fires Heavy Round at the most injured target nearest his allies. Strike: 1d20 = 4+8, DMG: (2d4*10)+20 = 90
Action 8: Reload.
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Silhouette » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:53 am

JIC: 1d100 = 66 1d20 = 6
Perc: 1d20+8 = 23

Effects: SIXTH SENSE: Armor of Ithan 201 MDC; See the Invisible; Fleet Feet
(EP gain Minor Psionic powers: Sixth Sense and Presence Sense; I can develope them or you can throw me any creative bones you think of.)

Gleefully dancing in place at her victory against the multiple deevils Silhouette prances about as she listens to the radio chatter, her translator keeping up with equal swiftness of her previous devastation of the deevils.

Grant:
"Silhouette, your defense of the nexus has been admirable, good job."


Bowing with a flourish of her blade wielding hand Silhouette does a back flip (Tumbling 67% / 1d100 = 22 before coming up with a salute from her chest,"Awww, do I get a pat on the head too?" Smiling and winking she seems a great deal more confident since arriving at Center than she has been,"Or a pat on the bum?" Wagging her derriere at him playfully,"Mmmm?" Leaving the mage to his own devices as to whether she was flirting or not.

Looking around appraisingly she focuses a little more of the nexus' energy into her bracelet(20 PPE) before leaning out one of the shattered windows to the buildings exterior and waving at Sorrenson and James forgetting to use her radio as she calls,"The horses are fed, watered and hitched to the carriage soon to leave!"

Disappearing back inside Silhouette hikes up on top of Grant's energy field and plants her well shaped hindquarters right over his head cross-legged. Leaning back and forth like a flower in the wind she hums nonsensically to herself waiting for her allies to converge as she looks around at the interior,"She found the building design welcome and a little like home now that there was less impetus to reach Spade and squeeze him of his information. Still the deevils did not help in maintaining the decor of the more familiar wood and stone than the steel decks and railings of Center with their rampage."

Looking to Spade the changeling tilts her head as her eyes squint as her rhythmic rocking slows,"Mr. Spade? Do you want to go to where Mr. Echo says it will be safe?" Glancing at the Nexus all around her she continues,"Or come with us to find adventure, surprise, and..." Pausing dramatically she enthusiastically calls out,"Riches!"

Smiling like a child eating dessert before dinner she encourages him,"Come on, it will be worth it." Patting her side her coins make a distinct,"Chink, chink."

EPIC GEAR & Tracking:
OOC Comments
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?p=1340524#p1340524

P.P.E.: 139/149 | I.S.P.: 49/57 | H.P.: 36/36 | S.D.C.:37/37
Bracelet: 92/100 ISP | 115/140 PPE
Conditions: Sixth Sense; Recognize various magics(see special abilities);
Weapon in hand: Silver dagger /enchanted with Viper Kiss

Armored Custom-Made Suit:
Weight: 12 lbs.
Mobility: Good; -2% to movement skills
A.R.: 19
M.D.C.: 26

ClOAK OF SHADOW:
• Head : 8 (when up)
• Main Body : 28
• Modifiers: -2% to all physical skills


Effects: Armor of Ithan 201 MDC; Fleet Feet: double actions, P.P. not likely to see a surprise
attack coming (in most cases a surprise attack or strike from behind is automatic). Performance of delicate skills like pickinglocks or pockets, carving, writing, etc., are all at -20%

Actions: 7 (14 w/fleet feet) Movement: 540' a melee/38' an action
Init: 1d20+4 = 9
SPELL SAVE VS her magic: 14(+1 due to nexus0
Near Nexus within 200 ft: TRIPLE Damage of spells & durations; +2 save vs magic and HF.

Combat: Strike once and parry incoming; dodging ramming, boulders, etc.

JIC Dodges(For attacks she would reasonably know to try and dodge: 1d20+9 = 29 1d20+9 = 17 1d20+9 = 15 1d20+9 = 22 1d20+9 = 22 1d20+9 = 10 1d20+9 = 13 1d20+9 = 13 1d20+9 = 28 1d20+9 = 27

JIC Parry(w/Silver dagger): 1d20+12 = 30 1d20+12 = 29 1d20+12 = 17 1d20+12 = 13 1d20+12 = 29 1d20+12 = 25 1d20+12 = 13 1d20+12 = 22 1d20+12 = 20 1d20+12 = 25
Actions: 1-14: All the talking and such above; but if more combat occurs:
JIC attack: 1d20+8 = 14 1d20+8 = 25 1d20+8 = 10 1d20+8 = 15 1d20+8 = 11 1d20+8 = 21 1d20+8 = 27 1d20+8 = 9 1d20+8 = 10 1d20+8 = 14

Viper Kiss
PPE (6) (7) Duration: Coats blade in poison for 1 Melee a lvl;
Save:Each strike that inflicts damage poisons the subject; Standard magic save, plus save vs lethal poison(if magic failed);
Effect: Affects SN creatures; Failed lethal poison save: paralysis & 4d6 direct to HP damage plus receive additional HP damage 1d4 per melee of the caster level(Normal medical skills cannot address).
Successful Save vs poison: suffering -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, loss of initiative, and attacks per melee round are reduced by half.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:54 am

Local Conditions wrote:Somewhere in spacetime
  • Location: Center, Level 6
  • Population: 600 million (50-150 million on level 6)
  • Mission Time: 03:00
  • Ley Line Activity: 500' from ley line nexus/at nexus
  • Weather: Indoors, 65°, 50% humidity
  • Visibility: Bright even, almost approaching daylight

New Map
Image


THE SCORCHED FACE
Echo's perch is well suited to his type of fighting. Sorrenson has a his own serious firepower. James gets in on the game too. Between grenades, bullets, lasers, magic, and dirty looks the rest of the monstrous creatures are quickly dispatched.

Responding a little timidly to Grant, Spade agrees to accompany them, but he has one condition, "I won't leave Center. This is my home." He watches Sil's antics, his expression switching from worry to bemusement. Spade's puzzled look has a sense of relief too it, the tension having been released by the changeling's unpredictable behavior. "I am sorry doll, but I belong here. I will help get you to this "gate"."

Braithwaite responds after a brief pause to the request for more weapons, "I believe the chosen rift location is in the territory of the local gang the Knife, and as we will persuaded them to leave the area, there should be a sufficient variety of armaments at your disposal in the adjacent quarters. Mr Sorrenson or your other local contacts should be able to access a city directory that should be suitable as a guide to the desired location."

Ponsener responds with relief and in the affirmative to Echo's new orders. The buzz in the back of his head pulses slightly as he has the conflicting thoughts about his current answers. But it quickly subsides to a barely noticeable psychic hiss.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

    Done!

User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 6 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 53

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 69%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Impervious to Possession
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 42/56
  • S.D.C.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 60/78
  • P.P.E.: 458/572
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus. Psychic power range and duration increased 50%
  • Armor of Ithan | BOM 96 | 9.50 min | 30/60 M.D.C. | 1/2 damage from magic cold, electricity, and fire
  • Fleet Feet | PF2 186 | 4.50 min | Self | Double P.P. (28: +7 S/P/D) Spd (64 - 20 yards/action), APM (16), -2 Initiative, -20% skills requiring delicate touch
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 228.75 min | Self | 50 mph (23 yards/action), +1 Parry with Shadesword, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Invulnerability | 1.50 min| Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 |9.75 min | 400' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • Tongues: 10.75 min | Speak/Understand any language at 98%
  • Sustain: Duration: 10 days |
HTH Bonus Calculations
Strike: +3 WP, + 7 PP, +4 HTH = +14
Parry with Shadesword: +2 WP +7 PP +4 HTH +1 FaaE = +14
Dodge: +7 PP +2 HTH + 2 FaaE = +11



Spade wrote:Responding a little timidly to Grant, Spade agrees to accompany them, but he has one condition, "I won't leave Center. This is my home." He watches Sil's antics, his expression switching from worry to bemusement. Spade's puzzled look has a sense of relief too it, the tension having been released by the changeling's unpredictable behavior. "I am sorry doll, but I belong here. I will help get you to this "gate"."


Grant nods at Spade, and says, "Thank you, in a city of this size, just being a guide is of some help."

Braithwaite wrote:Braithwaite responds after a brief pause to the request for more weapons, "I believe the chosen rift location is in the territory of the local gang the Knife, and as we will persuaded them to leave the area, there should be a sufficient variety of armaments at your disposal in the adjacent quarters. Mr Sorrenson or your other local contacts should be able to access a city directory that should be suitable as a guide to the desired location."


The mage's lips quirk a bit as he listens to Braithwaite's response. He actives the radio and says, "Understood, we will proceed to level 9 and contact you again once we know more." Grant releases his will upon the dimensional portal causing it to fade away. Good to keep it active for as little time as possible, Grant muses. Hearing the signs of battle fading, he cancels the energy field and shadesword as well. He rubs the stiffness from his hand that had been holding the 'hilt' of the sword now that he is able to let go of it.

Grant turns towards Spade, "Heavier armor and weapons will most likely come in handy. Our contact has suggested you might be able to quickly get us to a supplier, what are our options?"

As he waits for his team to assemble, he draws in energy from the ley line. His goal is to create at least 2, but hopefully 5 energy spheres. Each sphere should take 4.5 minutes to create and fill on the nexus. He'll need 45 seconds to recharge his reserve to base. If there is additonal time he will absorb up to his limit (another 7.25 minutes). Once he has the first two (so he can quickly summon a new portal when needed), he hands off the 3rd to Silhouette, and the 4th to Sorrenson for their own use, and keeps the 5th. He puts the energy spheres he's keeping into his backpack's dimensional pocket.

When James, Echo, and Sorrenson arrive, he says, "Were any of you injured? We can cast some healing magic if necessary."

He then addresses Jame's request. "Lieutenant, there should be heavier weapons and armor down on level 9 according to Braithwaite that can be had from the Knife. Or we can take some time here with Spade's help to secure some equipment."

History: Pre-Rifts | 1d100 = 91 vs 68% | Fail | Remember Shakespearean mis-quote

Once everyone is ready, Grant casts Rift Teleportation and a tear in space appears back to where they entered Center when they had left Braithwaite only a couple of hours earlier. Once there, he asks Spade, "Which way to Old Wing Gate 417? Lead on McDowell." McDowell wasn't that some sort of pre-rifts restaurant? Oh, well.

Spells Cast
  • Range, duration, and damage tripled within 200' of a nexus. Absorb 40 P.P.E. per melee)
  • Energy Sphere | 120 P.P.E. | BOM 140 | Cast up to 600' | 36 days | 600 P.P.E.
  • Rift Teleportation | 100 P.P.E. | BOM 142 | Cast up to 1800' | 1D4+4 seconds | +3 vs Spell Strength 15 if unwilling | Up to 120 people to a known nexus up to 600 miles away.


For Silhouette and Sorrenson
If Grant casts more than 2 Energy Spheres in the time allowed:
Code: Select all
[*]Energy Sphere |  BOM 140 | Cast up to 600' | 36 days | 600 P.P.E.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:11 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 6 +3 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 99
OOC Comments
PPE: 137/137
ISP: 24/42
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 56/100, 8 minutes
Starfire Cannon ammo 21/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Sorrenson watches the last demons go down and lets out a long slow exhale. Oh good. These guys I've been lumped with are smooth operators. Maybe that AI wasn't so thick after all. He looks aorund checking that the coast is clear. He asks over the radio, "How's everyone? All good I hope. That was some nice work! Those Deevils didn't know what hit 'em."

He walks the Drudge over to where his phase blaster and light blade are on the ground. He positions his PA so he can check over his arm blaster from the ground. It's something he's learned to take in to consideration, being so much shorter than his ride. Then he gets out and jumps down to the ground to recover his stuff. He looks over the damaged arm blaster and smiles. "Sweet! It looks like it just unplugged! Damn, that is some good luck!" He plugs it back in and says, "There, that should do it." He looks over at Sil, pats the weapon, calls out and asks, "Hey Sil, you see what we mean now about the danger presented by guns and blasters?"

If Grant gets time Sorrenson will gladly accept the Energy Sphere after drawing mana to refill his used Starfire clips.

Once ready he moves out with the others.
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Silhouette » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:40 am

JIC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 5
Perc:1d20+8 = 24

Listening to Braithwaite as if an impatient child with her eyes rolling around her head Silhouette pushes herself off and slides from atop the energy field in a slide to her feet saying,"Weeee!" Bouncing off her feet in a hope she turns around on her heels with hands(and silver dagger) behind her back while her hips rock back and forth on tipsy-toes. Pursing her lips she gives the impression that her head is about to explode with puffed out cheeks while staring thoughtfully at Spade.

A long silence ensues in that manner until she finally pops in a flurry of questions and statements,"Who are the knife? Why do we not want to meet them? They sound neat! Knife. K.N.I.F.E., Knife! That sounds so neat. I wish I had thought of that. Name myself Knife." Kicking her foot out in dismay she adds,"But Silhouette is good too. Mysterious sounding, right Mr. Spade?" Smiling she shrugs her shoulders and holds it while looking up before taking a big breath and sighs.

Waiting for Spade to answer if he doesn't after her outburst she prances around him,"Well, who are they? I want to meet them."


James:
He then addresses Jame's request. "Lieutenant, there should be heavier weapons and armor down on level 9 according to Braithwaite that can be had from the Knife. Or we can take some time here with Spade's help to secure some equipment."


"OOOOH! So we do get to meet them!" Jumping and kicking her feet together behind her to tag her rear she shouts,"Yay!"


Sorrenson:
"How's everyone? All good I hope. That was some nice work! Those Deevils didn't know what hit 'em."


Glancing over at the demon's melting from the inside out from her venomous spell Silhouette fumbles and then thumbs the radio,"Them? I kinda did not not know what I hit them with." Gaping a moment she adds through an overlong comms silence of an open channel as she holds her dagger before her to gesture at the demons,"I mean, wow, I did that!"

Doing a short little sashay starting from her knees bending to standing straight and tall with a hip-wobble she adds,"I am a little impressed, really. Nice going Silhouette!" Pausing she bends her head to the side as if answering someone,"Well thank you, I do try." Winking at her imaginary self she turns to Grant and Spade forgetting that she's holding the button down on the radio in her seemingly altered state, almost as if she were combat-high, or perhaps how she normally is...

Sorrenson:
"Hey Sil, you see what we mean now about the danger presented by guns and blasters?"


Nodding and still depressing the radio button she calls out,"You have amazing magic here!" Putting a finger under her chin she answers further,"GUN is a strange word, but blaster... I like that." Saying the word to herself a few times she repeats,"BLaSTeeer. BlastEER. blAAAAsteeeR." All the while her radio is squawking in repeat of her words.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:13 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 16+3=19
JiC: 1d100 = 11 // 1d20 = 17
Skills
Intelligence: 1d100 = 5/66%
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 40/41%
Prowl: 1d100 = 46/71%
Surveillance: 1d100 = 24/68%


Echo nods approvingly at the superior firepower he and his allies possess as the final foe outside the club is dispatched. He scowls when he feels the pulse and the hiss from within, A new sensation, this may become a problem if it impairs me during combat. He thinks to himself regarding the hiss and pulsing headache.

Grant wrote:"Understood, we will proceed to level 9 and contact you again once we know more."

Over their secured frequency, Echo nods and leaves his perch, moving to join Grant and the others on the ground using his jet pack while still scanning for any missed threats. When he arrives, he informs the group of the status of the interior of the club as he lowers his rifle to the low ready.

Sorrenson wrote:"How's everyone? All good I hope. That was some nice work! Those Deevils didn't know what hit 'em."

Grant wrote:"Were any of you injured? We can cast some healing magic if necessary."

Echo makes no noticeable motion in answering, "The deevil dragon got a lucky shot on me with some form of dark magic, my chest still aches slightly but it is not detrimental." Echo states, reflecting on the necrotic blast he received some minutes ago.

Grant wrote:"Lieutenant, there should be heavier weapons and armor down on level 9 according to Braithwaite that can be had from the Knife. Or we can take some time here with Spade's help to secure some equipment."

Silhouette wrote:"Well, who are they? I want to meet them."

Echo glances at the younger, assassin in training, with a perplexed look from beneath his helmet. "I doubt that they will share your enthusiasm. I do not think we should rule out any options at this point and as play multiple hands at once. I do not think we should split by any means, however we should explore both options. I will defer." Echo states his opinion and will otherwise ensure he has a fresh mag in his rifle, his armor and shield is up to snuff and locked and give the thumbs up to continue on.

When they step through the portal, Echo will immediately case the surrounding area and look for a spot to fall too if cover is needed.
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby James Howlett » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:16 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 19
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 13
Constant Effects
Conditions: Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% (50% vs Armed Forces Personnel), Charm/Impress: -10%.
Scarred, ugly man: -5% on skills like Gambling, Intelligence (gathering), Performance, Public Speaking, and Undercover Ops, and -20% to Seduction. Note: +5% to Interrogation skill, Limited Sense of touch: -15% to skills that require manual dexterity.
Cybernetic Senses: Cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye (Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000', Macro Lens: 2x to 8x magnification, range: 3', Passive Nightvision: 2,000', Thermo-Imaging: 2,000', Light Filters: Reduces glare, Targeting Display: Imposes cross-hairs on a target, adding a bonus of +1 to Strike with any ranged weapon.) Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Sensor Hand (Heat: Temperature at 4-6 inch range, Motion detector: Bionics Sourcebook page 36-37, Radiation Detector: As per Geiger Counter, Gyro-Compass: All cardinal directions as well as up down, Clock-Calendar: Date/Time down to the hundredth of a second.)
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
P.P.E.: 4
H.P.: 42
S.D.C.: 61
M.D.C. by Location:
• Hands (2): 50 each.
• Forearms (2): 50 each.
• “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40
• Upper Arms (2): 70 each.
• Legs (2): 90 each.
• Bionic Ribs: 13
• Bionic Pelvis: 13
• Bionic Spine: 13


James looks at the mess the group has made of the Deevils and smiles a little smile. "Let us get this show moving, I do not like this Center... It has far too many Deevils for my taste." James says as he holsters his empty weapons and makes his way to the portal. Again shaking his head. Another portal. Great! James thinks as he steps towards the portal. "So hopefully there is a rifle with ammo on the other side of the portal."
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:43 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Somewhere in spacetime
  • Location: Center, Level 6
  • Population: 600 million (50-150 million on level 6)
  • Mission Time: 03:20
  • Ley Line Activity: 500' from ley line nexus/at nexus
  • Weather: Indoors, 65°, 50% humidity
  • Visibility: Bright even, almost approaching daylight

New Map
Image


THE GATEWOOD CAPER
Security forces--real ones this time--arrive in the time it takes for Grant to prepare his energy spheres. They seem focused on securing the building and taking care of survivors. They don't seem interested at all in talking with any of Braithwaite's recruits. In fact, they are pretty much ignored.

Spade asks for a quick clarification on the transporting spell Grant has at his disposal. Once he gets the notion, Spade quickly maps out a the location of the nexus they will enter at to then approach Gate 417 on foot. He is pretty confident his selected nexus is safe, and close enough to be convenient, assuming the Knife are actually cleared out of the way. Knowing that Sorrenson is a local, Spade asks him for any opinions or modifications he'd like to suggest.

When the security forces arrive, Sorrenson notices that they are not police, but a private company of some sort. He does not know the company, however.

Spade really isn't sure how to deal with Sil at this moment. She's talking so fast and it's almost nonsense. After she pauses to take a breath he says, "The Knife are the most powerful underworld faction in the city. They are not nice people. They are working with the demons, deevils, and these Mechanoids or Devourerors, that should be an indication of where they stand." He tilts his head again, looking at Sil sideways a little. "I hope we don't meet them. If I understand you boss correctly, they will all be gone and we can loot their stuff. Which is a much more agreeable plan!"]

At James' comment about the quantity of deevils on Center, Spade nods in agreement. "There are far too many here for my taste too. Makes the sploogs seem almost humane." he says shaking his head. "Still not sure I'd take the kreeghor over the deevils though. That is a tough call..."

Once everyone's all settled, energy spheres settled in pockets of some form or another, gear picked up off the ground, tubes hooked back up, noses wiped, sashay's put away, and anything else that needed to be secured or otherwise got ready, Grant's spell carries the whole gang away.

It's not even a split second.

They end up in a vast, darkened space. It smells old and unused. The clanging of Drudge echoes around the room, giving the best indication of not only its size, but the emptiness. It's also really cold. Sil, James and Grant are affected most, where Echo and Sorrenson are well protected in their respective armor suits. It's probably 10ºF (the sensors in James' right hand confirm that it is indeed 10ºF). Breath is visible. Except Spade's, he doesn't seem to notice the cold or to be breathing at all.

And by dark, it's pitch black, there is no light at all. Sorrenson's rat-like vision is even at a loss to see anything. Only James's thermal vision is any good. Given that they are the only "warm bodies" in the room, the team stands out like spotlights. There is minor heat deviation of fractional degrees along the walls and slow moving currents of cold air circulating around the ceiling, but there are no visible mechanical units. There is, thankfully, a door. There is small heat bleed through a loading door, with a large man-sized door inset in the larger panel. The large door slides, the small door opens out. It's too far away to see much more detail, it is well insulated.

Spade looks around and says, "Good we're all here." and turns on a flashlight, holding it in his right hand. "This way, it's not locked from the inside. It shouldn't be, anyway." James and Echo are the only two to notice that he doesn't have a flashlight, his hand is the flashlight, emitting the beam without any other visible device.

The door, thankfully, is not locked from the inside. Pushing slowly out through the smaller (which is relative, there's room for the Drudge if Sorrenson ducks a little), they exit out onto a long corridor. It's not unlike the one they first arrived on. This one is more used, but not as clean. There is graffiti, some garbage, the odd blanket or boot laying along the corners or in recesses. After only the few seconds in the cold this corridor feels very warm (by James' sensor it is only 76ºF). Looking back, there's a sign on the door: COLD STORAGE 9-73 with a label pasted over it, UNDER MAINTENANCE - DO NOT ENTER and an accompanying work order. It only means something to Sorrenson, but it's been out of order for about nine years.

Spade points the way, "Your gate is this way."

Walking about a quarter mile down the laser straight corridor, they eventually come to a T-junction, Spade turns to the right and says, "The gate's the other way about five hundred feet, but I think the store room we want is just down here a bit."

A hundred feet or so, and about five warehouse style doors on either side of the corridor, and Spade stops at one, saying, "I think this is it." It's even ajar a little. Normally, that's a sure sign of a trap, but for now, they have it on fairly good authority that it's safe. Inside, it's a warehouse. Racks and racks of stuff. Lots of weird junk in crates. The weirdest part is all along one wall are custom built mechanical storage racks filled with hundreds of full size ship-to-ship missiles. These aren't power armor or even robot missiles, each one probably weighs a couple tons, about two feet in diameter, fifteen to twenty feet long.

As interesting as that is, there is another row with a variety of much smaller crates. Among the crates that aren't filled with junk are six filled with weapons.

  1. This crate makes James say "WTF!!!" because inside the weird alien plastic container is a box marked with a symbol he knows well and holds near and dear to the cold, shriveled remains of what passed for his heart. It's full of CS gear.
      2 x C-29 Hellfire Heavy Plasma Cannon
      4 x CV-212 Variable Light Frequency Laser Rifle
      2 x CP-50 "Dragonfire" Pulse Laser Rifle & Grenade Launcher
      4 x Canister E-Clips
      20 x Long E-Clips
      40 x Standard Rifle Grenades
      10 x Micro Fusion Rifle Grenades
      1 x CS Heavy Fusion Block
      OOC Comments
      Code: Select all
      Code:
      [b]C-29 "Hellfire" Heavy Plasma Cannon[/b]
      [size=100]• Range: 1.400'
      • Damage: 1D6x10 MD
      • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
      • Payload: 8 shots per E-Canister
      • Modifiers: Targeting scope adds +1 to strike to aimed shots[/size]

      Code: Select all
      [b]CV-212 Variable Light Frequency Laser Rifle[/b]
      [img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e371/masterriftsgm/Weapons/CV-212-VLF-Laser-Rifle.png[/img]
      [size=85]• Range: 2000'
      • Damage & RoF: 6D6 per low-power shot, 2d6 MD per single shot, 6d6 MD per 3-shot burst
      • Payload: Portable Hip energy canister provides 60 single blasts or 20 triple bursts
      • Modifiers: Laser Targeting adds +1 to strike on aimed shots[/size]

      Code: Select all
      [b]CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher[/b]
      [size=75]Damage: 2D6 per single laser blast
      6D6 per rapid fire pulse (three simultaneous blasts)
      2D6 to 12 foot diameter with conventional M.D. rifle grenades
      6d6 to 12 foot diameter with micro-fusion grenades
      Rate of Fire: Laser: equal to the number of combined hand to hand attacks of its user
      Grenades: One aimed or four fired in rapid succession (burst if fired all at same target, wild if sprayed into an area).
      Effective Range: Laser - 2000'
      Grenade Launcher - 1200'
      Payload: Laser - 21 blasts (7 shots) per standard E-clip; 30 blasts (10 shots) per long E-clip. Grenade Launcher - 12
      Weight: 10 lbs.[/size]

      Code: Select all
      [b]Heavy Fusion Block[/b]
      [size=75]Damage: 4d6x10
      Blast Radius: 10 feet
      Effective Range:1d6x10 feet
      Weight: 16 lbs.[/size]

  2. Crate number two is much more Phase World and Three Galaxies appropriate: Naruni Gear
      2 x NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistols
      4 x NE-600 (unmodified) Pulse Laser Pistols
      4 x NE-1000 (unmodified) Plasma Ejector Rifles
      2 x NE-50 (unmodified) Particle Beam Rifles
      1 x NE-800R Missile Assault System
      16 x "Smart" Micro-missiles
      16 x "Dumb" Micro-missiles
      50 x Plasma Cartridges
      10 x NE Short E-Clips
      10 x NE Long E-Clips
      OOC Comments
      I bet you were expecting stats!

  3. Crate three is a abhorrent to James as crate one was comforting: Kittanni weapons.
      2 x Kittani Forearm Plasma Blasters (TW Item)
      2 x K-30 Ion Pulse Rifle
      1 x K-1 Sniper Laser Rifle and Launcher
      2 x KEP Special Energy Pump Pistol
      2 x Kittani Plasma Swords
      5 x Short E-Clips
      10 x Long E-Clips
      Not in the crate, but hanging on the rack above it is a K-1000 Spider Defense System
      OOC Comments
      Nope. Still no stats here.

  4. Crate four is again typical Phase World weaponry: HI Laser weapons.
      8 x HI-10 Heavy Laser Pistols
      4 x HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle
      20 x Standard HI E-Clips
      OOC Comments
      Don't make me type out these stats! Curse you! Curse you!

  5. Crate five is full of random stuff:
      1 x EPR-8 Energy Pulse Rifle
      5 x E-Clips
      1 x Power Halberd
      4 x E-Clips
      1 x GR-45HP "Jackhammer" Heavy Pistol
      2 x Ammo/power Clips
      1 x GR-15AR Assault Rifle (w/ Sniper Attachments)
      3 x Ammo/power Clips
      1 x Grav Pack
      1 x Crystal Paralyzer
      2 x Vibro-knives
      1 x Vibro-sabre
      OOC Comments
      Don't make me do it! It's all in Phase World if you want stats.

  6. Crate six is more of a box.
      2 x PH-21 Phase Beamer
      2 x PH-100 Heavy Phase Beamer
      10 x E-Clips
      1 x Harness Device
      OOC Comments
      Look, nothing besides the CS stuff is already statted out. Deal Grrr.



What are you doing?
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 4 +4 (+8 on a ley line)
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 48

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Sense Ley Line: 69%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 79%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 100mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 600'
  • Regenerate 2d6 H.P./S.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Impervious to Possession
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Epic Stats
  • H.P.: 56/56
  • S.D.C.: 23/23
  • I.S.P.: 78/78
  • P.P.E.: 658/572 (hold for 22 minutes off ley line)
  • Armored Custom-Made Suit | AR: 19 | Main Body 26/26
  • Classy Overcoat: Main Body 28/28
  • MP-6 Firebolt Pistol
  • Alien Submachine-gun
Temporary Abilities
  • Range, Duration, and Damage of spells doubled within 1 mile of Nexus. Psychic power range and duration increased 50%
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 208.75 min | Self | 50 mph (23 yards/action), +1 Parry with Shadesword, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
  • Energy Sphere 1 | BOM 140 | 36 days | 600 P.P.E.
  • Energy Sphere 2 | BOM 140 | 36 days | 600 P.P.E.
  • Energy Sphere 3 | BOM 140 | 36 days | 600 P.P.E.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 10 days |Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
HTH Bonus Calculations
Strike: +3 WP +4 HTH = +7
Parry with Sword: +2 WP +4 HTH +1 FaaE = +7
Dodge: +2 HTH +2 FaaE = +4


During the time Grant's prepared the five energy sphere's his Lord Magus enhanced metabolism heals the damage of the necrotic energy that he was hit with early in the battle on level 6.

Upon arriving in the freezing nexus point, Grant takes a minute, teeth chattering to look around and absorb the energy spent on teleporting the team. He says, "Ddddiiidddd, weh we gg go to the the wrong place?" He feels the massive concentration of ley lines, and answers his own question, "Nnno, still on Center."

Lore Magic: Identify Magic Item 59% vs 1d100 = 88 | Fail | Identify the magical items in cases
Appraise Goods 83% vs 1d100 = 62 | Pass | Identify and value magical items in cases

Getting out of the cold room, Grant rubs his arms and hands trying to warm them up. When they finally arrive at the warehouse, he looks at the various cases along with everyone else. Not being proficient in the rifles, Grant looks at the pistols and melee weapons. Aware of the high damage output of the Naruni weapons, he lifts one of the pistols but then puts it back. If I have to reload that think, I am screwed, he thinks. He leaves the Coalition weapons to the Lieutenant. The organic quality of the Kittani weapons is a bit off putting, he looks at the forearm blasters. I could recharge that, but I may need to conserve my magic for spells when Braithwaite inevitably asks us to go through the rift.

Crate 4 elicits an "Ah!" from the mage as he sees the streamlined shapes of the HI weapons. He takes one of the HI-10 Laser Pistols, plus an extra 3 HI E-Clips.

From Crate 5, he takes a vibro-knife, and the vibro-sabre. My new skills with a blade have been down right amazing when combined with my magic. Having a blade to attack and another to parry is a good idea, Grant thinks as he pulls the weapons from the scabbards and checks their balance. He re-sheathes them and belts them on his waist. The weight of the weapons oddly comfortable.

Crate 6 causes Grant to look back at the pistol he found in crate 4. "Sorrenson, what's the difference between these two?" Grant says as he holds up the PH-21 Phase Beamer and the HI-10 Laser Pistol. When he hears about phase weapons, he asks, "No effect on armor is amazing, what does it do to robots?" Not sure if it will make a difference, he takes the PH-21 Phase Beamer and up to 3 E-Clips, otherwise sharing equally.

He holds up the Crystal Paralyzer to see if Spade or Sorrenson recognize it. If they do and explain what it does, Grant thinks back to the briefing Braithwaite gave. "Braithwaite called the Devourers monsters a few times, and perhaps even creatures, are they alive? Piloting robot bodies?" He puts the paralyzer down, Not sure I want to just paralyze these things based on how they've been described. A small pile of items around him, he unbuckles his TW pistol and puts in one of his dimensional pockets. Grant then puts on the belt for the HI-10 Laser Pistol and puts the e-clips in his utility belt. The phase beamer and e-clips go into one of his dimensional pockets as well.

After pilfering the items he wants from the last crate, Grant says, "No body armor. Who wants magical protection?" He'll cast Invincible Armor on those that agree using the energy of the nearby nexus to power the spell and not deplete his reserves.

Spells Cast
  • Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 30 P.P.E. | 36 min | 150 M.D.C., Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C/minute, 1/2 damage from energy, complete environmental protection, -15% Prowl, Climb, Swim or other physical skills


For those that Grant casts Invincible Armor upon:

Code: Select all
[*]Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 30 P.P.E. | 36 min | 150 M.D.C., Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C/minute, 1/2 damage from energy, complete environmental protection, -15% Prowl, Climb, Swim or other physical skills
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Echo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:14 am

Perception: 1d20 = 20(Nat 20)+3=23
JiC: 1d100 = 87 // 1d20 = 11
Skills
Intelligence: 1d100 = 2/66%
Surveillance: 1d100 = 44/68%
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 23/41%


Echo listens to the conversations between Spade and the others but makes no effort to involve himself, having not been formerly introduced to Spade since his coup of the Security Force. Echo makes zero effort to be involved or help with the real security force that is sweeping the area, letting himself fade from necessity. If I have a chance, I should check back in on them. They'd be hard pressed to disprove my cover as I never actually gave them a name. Standard rookie mistake when approached by a superior. Echo muses to himself as he readies for transport via the magical portal. When they arrive in the new and darkened area, he immediately moves to the side and studies the area with his optics. Echo glances at his allies now seeing their breathe and checks his own gauge before moving on.

When Spade leads them on with his flashlight of a hand, Echo furrows his brow but says nothing. He did admit to being something else... what was it... a phantom? I don't know their profile. Echo scowls but does not question Spade. When they enter the more traveled, less clean corridor. Echo glances at the sign and chuckles a little from inside his suit but nothing more.

He will follow the group as Spade leads them to the gate, taking the rear guard; his rifle in the low ready but his eyes remain ever watchful. When Spade leads them to the store room that is ajar. Echo goes into trap detection mode but finds the room safe. He glances at the tactical ship-to-ship weapons and smiles. "Watch what you touch, these might prove enough to level the Center if accidentally triggered." He remarks, more for Silhouette than anyone as she probably hasn't seen such ordnance before. Echo then scours the crates for anything of use.

‣ He will completely bypass Crate 1, being unimpressed with Coalition Gear in his own world, why would he subject himself to poor quality when there is so much more.
‣ He moves to Crate 2 and shrugs it off, the missile assault system would be a worthy addition but is far to bulky for him to properly use without a Power Armor.
‣ Crate 3, on the other hand, has a few things Echo snatches up. One of the Kittani Plasma Swords, which finds itself a home on his utility belt, and the Forearm Blasters. He will take both unless someone else wants one. He shows no interest in the K-1 rifle or anything else in crate 3.
‣ In Crate 4, he snatches up almost all of the Heavy E-Clips for his rifle but nothing else.
‣ In Crate 5, he grabs the Grav Pack, dropping his current Jet Pack. He will also snatch up the Paralyzer and one of the PH-21 Beamer Pistols from Crate 6 as well as any extra ammo not being taken for his rifle and two new pistols.

To Grant, after Grant puts the Paralyzer down, he remarks, "Considering my area of expertise, having a stunner would be useful for any infiltration. As would the silent flight system and pistol that avoids armor. These would be all I require from this store barring ammunition. I would accept any additional protection you may be able or willing to provide, Magus Latham. Now if we could find a suitable mode of transportation..." Echo remarks, trailing off and looking through the rest of the warehouse with his new items secured.
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:54 am

Perception: 1d20 = 11 +3 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 62
OOC Comments
PPE: 137/137
Energy Sphere | BOM 140 | Cast up to 600' | 36 days | 600/600 P.P.E.
ISP: 24/42
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Sorrenson thanks Grant for the Energy Sphere and gladly accepts it. "Thanks man! I'm sure this will come in handy!" Whoa! Look at this thing... Pretty colors he watches it flicker for a few seconds before getting back into his PA. He listens to Spade talk about The Knife. All he adds is his agreement with what Spade has to say. "Nope, I don't wanna meet those guys either."

Once they 'port through Sorrenson flicks through his various sensor modes, keeping an eye out for trouble. He relaxes a bit when it becomes apparent that the large, cold space they have entered is empty. Once outside he looks over the notice on the door. "Well, well... 9 years is a long time to a cool store 'out of order'. Seemed pretty cold in there to me. Well, according to my sensors it was. I think someone has been pulling some strings."

Sorrenson whistles when he sees the various weapon in the store room. "Gosh!, someone has a direct line to the good stuff! Especially right now. This ordnance would be pretty handy up on level 2 right now. A few of these bad boys detonated in a demon horde would be worth recording." Once directed to the creates he claims the 1 x NE-800R Missile Assault System, 16 x "Smart" Micro-missiles & 16 x "Dumb" Micro-missiles. "Oh goodie! I'll take the 800R and it's death cookies if I can handle it with the gammy hands on the Drudge." He picks up the 800R to see if he can carry and fire it with the oversized Drudge hands. None of the other stuff appeals much. If I need another pistol or knife, this have already gone pretty badly for me. On second though he decides to grab a HI10 Energy pistol and 4 E-clips, just in case.

Watching the others get ready a thought comes to mind. "So, what's the plan once we get to the gate?"
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Silhouette » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:21 am

JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 21
Perc: 1d20+8 = 18

Effects: Casts Sense Magic (96 ft diameter)


Spade:
"The Knife are the most powerful underworld faction in the city. They are not nice people. They are working with the demons, deevils, and these Mechanoids or Devourerors, that should be an indication of where they stand." He tilts his head again, looking at Sil sideways a little. "I hope we don't meet them. If I understand you boss correctly, they will all be gone and we can loot their stuff. Which is a much more agreeable plan!"


At Spade's words the changelings eyes brighten though she does look down at her feet with a touch of uncertainty as she chirps in reply,"Most powerful?" Playfully waving him off she adds as she practically brushes a chip off her shoulder,"They have not met me." Smiling she winks at the fellow changeling though fairy, gesturing that he lead on to their destination as she breaks into a small laugh at herself,"Show us the way then."


------------
Grant:
"Ddddiiidddd, weh we gg go to the the wrong place?" He feels the massive concentration of ley lines, and answers his own question, "Nnno, still on Center."


Shivering against the cellars cold she answers Grant,"Mr. Grant it-t, is-s not-that c-cold." Glancing around the room she corrects as she starts hoping in place to get her temperature up,"Lets get out of here!" Exiting happily into the warmer climate, if into a very long and exposed hallway, she checks their tail plenty of times as they progress the length in case of ambush.

Grant:
"No body armor. Who wants magical protection?"


Nodding to the mage she raises her hand to shoulder height,"When the time comes."

--------

Being shown into the warehouse she looks around and then smiles.

Candy stores have nothing on the crates before Silhouette. A magic item shop might compete, but she knew how that kind of magic worked. These? She only took about a few seconds of peaking around the corners of the place looking for traps or an ambush before her hands were all over the devices.

Pausing a long moment she stares at the Spider Defense System eliciting an audible,"Aaaaaaaah."

At the drop of a hat she is moving hands fidgeting over weapons and turning devices over, pulling them out of their foam in general curiosity. Pulling magic from the air surrounding them she casts Sense Magic finding none of it to have an aura as she would expect.

Echo:
Watch what you touch, these might prove enough to level the Center if accidentally triggered."


Frowning at her discovery in no magic to be found in the boxes she reaches into one, the Naruni, gear to inadvertently picks up the Missile Assault System. Handling it like one does a 4x4 piece of timber flipping it around she looks into the hollows, sticking fingers and hands into them trying to divine their purpose. Puzzling over the weapon she picks up a NE Short clip and tries to fit it into the bore of the launcher, like a very beautiful adult child playing with block shape toys and failing to fit the square through the circle hole...

Contorting her face she spins it against the bore, grinding the e-clip with a great deal of force as she strains to make it fit. A moment passes before she looks at Echo with her lip sticking out in defeat as she halfheartedly throws them down back into the case of armaments.

Sagging her shoulders she kicks her whole body in a childish fit with hands and arms limp as she tells the futuristic assassin,"This magic does not work for me." The look on her face grows into disgust as she scowls,"No, it will!" Seeing one of the plasma swords she snatches it up with wide eyes,"Oh!" Swinging it against the side of the crate she makes a,"Ka-tonk!" Pulling it back to inspect the spot she notes a sharp divot answering herself,"See. Works!"

Swinging the plasma sword testing for balance she nods approvingly before grabbing the second one and moving them together skillfully now showing an overly pleased toothy smile,"Mmmm, these I know!" Glancing at the spider machine Silhouette leaps towards it suddenly slashing it with both the weapons.

Inspecting the "cuts" she blanches at seeing no discernible impact or scratches and practically chucks the weapons to the ground stamping her foot impertinently switching her mood as fast as it had been on the upswing. Growling to herself in a very quiet way she realizes,"This is like trying to learn a scroll..." She hated admitting to her flaws as she paces annoyed up and down the rows of armaments.

Sneering words and frustration into magic words she pulls energy from the air aiming at one of the pillars of the warehouse a spell she recently learned but never used for its unsubtle purposes. Finishing the words she expels a fire ball across the room, (Expecting an SDC setting equivalent display) feeling a great deal better as she states with a pointing gesture of her hand,"THAT works since your "magic" will not!" Acting as if the items themselves are at fault she leans into a crate and smugly raises an eyebrow at Echo as she harrumphs at his warning,"Accidentally triggered you said, ha! Does not even hold any magic."

Fire Ball
Range: 90 feet
Duration: Instant
Damage: lD6 per level of experience.
Saving Throw: Dodge, but the victim must know the attack is coming
and must roll an 18 or higher (bonuses to dodge are applicable).
P.P.E.: Ten
The spell caster creates a large fire ball which hurls at its target at an awesome speed, inflicting 1D6 points of damage per each level of the spell caster. The fire ball is magically directed and seldom misses.


Sorrenson:
"Gosh!, someone has a direct line to the good stuff! Especially right now. This ordnance would be pretty handy up on level 2 right now."


Grousing she waits for her allies to arm themselves however they choose when her wondering mind comes back to Sorrenson telling her to grab his sword. Holding her hands suddenly to her mouth she in-hails saying in shock,"Oh, no!"

Pushing off the crate she looks wide eyed turning to the rattling,"I forgot." Circling she sways her head and short hair as she admits,"I forgot Mr. Sorrenson, your sword. I could not find it. I must have not grabbed it when I took all those other things out for us." Shaking her head she adds starting to sound a little annoyed now that her attention is turning back to the crates at present,"It all looked like this trash, there was no shiny sword to use."

Apologizing she crosses her hands on her breast-bone,"I must have left it in the storage, I'm sorry." Making excuses for herself she starts,"I meant to say so before we left but those demons made me forget."
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:55 am

<Rolls Held>
OOC Comments
PPE: 137/137
Energy Sphere | BOM 140 | Cast up to 600' | 36 days | 580/600 P.P.E. - 20 to show Sil how to use Light Blade
ISP: 24/42
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Grant Latham wrote: "Sorrenson, what's the difference between these two?"

Sorrenson looks over and replies. The Drudge's arm points towards the phase weapon. "That one is a Phase Weapon, it bypasses armor and damages whatever is inside. Useless against big inanimate objects though - tanks, robots etc. Kinda not so good versus shields either. Works a treat against guys in body armor and useful to have if we fight anything that's 'out of phase'. If you can you should take one."

Silhouette wrote:"I forgot Mr. Sorrenson, your sword. I could not find it. I must have not grabbed it when I took all those other things out for us... It all looked like this trash, there was no shiny sword to use."

Sorrenson shakes the head of his PA. "No worries, I grabbed it before we left." In his PA he thinks for a second. Maybe I should just show her what it is? He pops open his armor and jumps out, grabbing his light blade from his belt. "Okay, this thing is what I meant. Yeah, it doesn't look like any kind of normal sword. But when I concentrate for a second a pump in some mana..." He does exactly this and the Light Blade activates and a long curved blade made of light appears from one end. "It becomes, you know, like a proper sword. I made it myself!" He deactivates it and hands it to her. "Wanna try?"

Once the demo is over he reattaches the blade to his belt and suits back up again.
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Consumer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:22 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 7
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 20
Constant Effects
Conditions: Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% (50% vs Armed Forces Personnel), Charm/Impress: -10%.
Scarred, ugly man: -5% on skills like Gambling, Intelligence (gathering), Performance, Public Speaking, and Undercover Ops, and -20% to Seduction. Note: +5% to Interrogation skill, Limited Sense of touch: -15% to skills that require manual dexterity.
Cybernetic Senses: Cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye (Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000', Macro Lens: 2x to 8x magnification, range: 3', Passive Nightvision: 2,000', Thermo-Imaging: 2,000', Light Filters: Reduces glare, Targeting Display: Imposes cross-hairs on a target, adding a bonus of +1 to Strike with any ranged weapon.) Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Sensor Hand (Heat: Temperature at 4-6 inch range, Motion detector: Bionics Sourcebook page 36-37, Radiation Detector: As per Geiger Counter, Gyro-Compass: All cardinal directions as well as up down, Clock-Calendar: Date/Time down to the hundredth of a second.)
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
P.P.E.: 4
H.P.: 42
S.D.C.: 61
M.D.C. by Location:
• Hands (2): 50 each.
• Forearms (2): 50 each.
• “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40
• Upper Arms (2): 70 each.
• Legs (2): 90 each.
• Bionic Ribs: 13
• Bionic Pelvis: 13
• Bionic Spine: 13


James shivers a little, noting that though he has approximately 30% of his original body, it is still more than enough to be cold with. James follows the group out of the freezer unit and into balmy corridor. Well that was certainly odd. Magic Users are a strange and seditious lot. When Spade makes his comment towards James, James nods, deciding not to ask about Kreegor. James continues to follow the group as they head into the storeroom and stops dead in his tracks. "Damn...those are long range missiles." James says with surprise before joining the others in examining the crates. Ooh, Coalition Gear. James thinks as he pokes around the case to see whats all in there.

James grabs one of the C-29 Plasma Cannons and slings it across his back before grabbing one of the CP-50s and as much of the ammo as he can carry, before finally affixing the fusion block to his belt. You never know.

"Braithwaite really came in on the guns and ammo I would say. So once you are all situated, let us be on our way to end whatever threat they have on this world." James says with the voice of a leader of men. When Grant offers magical protection, he grits his teeth and gets in line. The things I do for... sigh.
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1024
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Epic Mysteries (ML's Group)

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:47 pm

Super Secret for Nat 20
Echo finds a small, box about twelve inches long, eight inches wide and six inches deep that had fallen off between the other larger crates.
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

PreviousNext

Return to 2017 Epic Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest