Northwest Zone

Moderators: Augur, Game Masters, AGMs

Northwest Zone

Postby Augur » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:21 pm

This is a region on the fourth deck managed by Augur.

Conditions:
Time: 0114.25
Location: Deep space, dimension unknown; inside the Mechanoid mothership; Deck 5
Gravity: fluctuating micro-gravity conditions (effectively zero-G); currently .9 G
Environment: artificial environment/pressurized spacecraft

Butcher's Bill
Ecks: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field popped; -60 M.D.C. from NG-EX10 main body, -20 left arm, -10 left leg
Presence: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field popped; NE-BA-26: Main Body destroyed, left arm armor destroyed, -38 to helmet ; -30 to personal M.D.C.
Rosseyn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field popped; -1400 FF used; 88 remaining personal M.D., 200/127 Protective Aura
Rocky: -33 I.S.P.; NE-BA-40: -16 to left leg, -14 to helmet, force field is gone, Main Body is destroyed; Psychic Body Field: 100 M.D.C.
Mierin: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field popped; -40 M.D.C. from Modified CA-3 Light Dead Boy Armor main body
Brennet: -49 to armor

GM Notes:
  • Scale of map: 50' per deck tile/square
  • Each Mechanoid's apparent damage is indicated by "health bars" over their tokens.
Augur
Admin

Re: Northwest Zone

Postby Ecks » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83/85%
JIC:1d20 = 7/1d100 = 93%
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 15

Ecks looks over at Rosseyn after the departure of the others. "Well guess we best get ready." he says, raising his NG-45 to face their enemy just outside the shield. "If it's better to bring it down rather than letting them burn it down, let's do that now. Choose your target and I'll assist." he says. Once the shield is down he choses the same target as Rosseyn he plugs away.

APM:8
Action 1: Target Wasp 1 1d20+6 = 8 Damage 5d6+5 = 25, Shots remaining: 11
Action 2: Target Wasp 1 1d20+6 = 17 Damage 5d6+5 = 23, Shots remaining: 10
Action 3: Target Wasp 1 1d20+6 = 26 (CRIT!) Damage 5d6+5 = 23 (46), Shots remaining: 9
Action 4: Target Wasp 1 1d20+6 = 10 Damage 5d6+5 = 24, Shots remaining: 8
Action 5: Target Wasp 1 1d20+6 = 15 Damage 5d6+5 = 23, Shots remaining: 7
Action 6: Target Wasp 1 1d20+6 = 24 Damage 5d6+5 = 15, Shots remaining: 6
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge, 1d20+6 = 19
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge, 1d20+6 = 23
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 75/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 55

Conditions
ᴥ N-F50A Superheavy Force Field: 0/160
ᴥ Forcefield MDC: 1000/2400
ᴥ Protective Field MDC: 127/200
ᴥ Energy Form MDC: 88/119
ᴥ Mechanical Awareness:
• The character's gun-toting or high-tech laden opponent is at -3 to dodge the character's attacks and loses two melee attacks/actions due to time spent compensating for the super-human's amazing instincts, agility, and moves from Mechanical Awareness.
ᴥ Energy Form:
• No damage from physical attacks, gasses, poisons, drugs and disease.
• Half damage from cold, heat, fire, plasma, electricity and all other energy-based attacks.
• Full damage from magic, psionic, light, laser, force field, sound and shadow-based attacks.
• Force field can hold and contain the energy being.
• No physical attacks or carrying physical objects.

"Keeping the field up. I need you at the ready to teleport the two of us to the Energy Matrix to make our escape. If the flyers make it through my shields, I'll be starting on our left and working to the right. What a mission, eh?" Here's hoping we're enough to stop these ones. Hell, here's hoping we don't have to.

Rosseyn waits for his forcefield to weaken before he creates a new one (200 MDC), keeping them at bay. Then he waits for Ecks to get into the system. "How's that teleporter looking, Ecks?" Rosseyn will continue to create forcefields as they break through to give Ecks the time he needs.

Contingency fighting plans:
If the Mechanoids make it through his forcefields and he runs out of energy to create them with, he'll start tossing energy blasts at them from his hands.
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 5 (+3 vs guns and machines) (+4 vs AI, computers and auto defense systems)

Action 1: Fire Energy Bolt at Wasp. Strike: 1d20+5 = 22 Damage: 5d6 = 21
Action 2: Fire Energy Bolt at Wasp. Strike: 1d20+5 = 25 Damage: 5d6 = 10
Action 3: Fire Energy Bolt at Wasp. Strike: 1d20+5 = 20 Damage: 5d6 = 21
Action 4: Fire Energy Bolt at Wasp. Strike: 1d20+5 = 21 Damage: 5d6 = 18
Action 5: Fire Energy Bolt at Wasp. Strike: 1d20+5 = 6 Damage: 5d6 = 14
Action 6: Fire Energy Bolt at Wasp. Strike: 1d20+5 = 24 Damage: 5d6 = 15
Action 7: Spent maintaining Body Field.

Auto-Dodges: 1d20+4 = 101d20+4 = 111d20+4 = 131d20+4 = 151d20+4 = 181d20+4 = 12

Mech Awareness Note
The character's gun-toting or high-tech laden opponent is at -3 to dodge the character's attacks and loses two melee attacks/actions due to time spent compensating for the super-human's amazing instincts, agility, and moves from Mechanical Awareness.
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:47 pm

Conditions:
Time: 0114.5
Location: Deep space, dimension unknown; inside the Mechanoid mothership; Deck 5
Gravity: fluctuating micro-gravity conditions (effectively zero-G); currently .9 G

The aerial mechanoids on the other side of the (now opaque) forecfield waste no time in blasting the hell out of it. Opaque or not, within moments Rosseyn notes that his force field is beginning to tremble. (3 seconds) Ecks looks over at Rosseyn after the departure of the others. "Well, guess we best get ready."

"Keeping the field up. I need you at the ready to teleport the two of us to the Energy Matrix to make our escape." Rosseyn says in response. The forcefield is noticeably shaking, and it sounds like a violent thunderstorm on the other side of the field.

"If it's better to bring it down rather than letting them burn it down, let's do that now." Ecks replies, turning his NG-45 to face their enemy just outside the shield. (6 seconds)

"If the flyers make it through my shields, I'll be starting on our left and working to the right. What a mission, eh?" Rosseyn yells over the cacophony from the blasts on the other side.

"Choose your target and I'll assist." Ecks adds. (9 seconds)

The force field collapses with a "pop" that is drown out by the blasts of high-energy subatomic particles smashing into it.

There is a furious exchange of fire between the trio of mechanoid fliers and the two members of the team caught in the dead-end alcove. Ecks takes a direct hit to the chest and right and left arms of his armor, but the beefed-up suit soaks up the damage like a champ. Ecks doesn't even have time to mentally wince at the immensity of damage caused, and the expense that would incur to repair. Rosseyn fares similarly. A pair of blasts catch him in his chest, but are absorbed by his protective aura. He instinctively knows, however, that there's no way the aura can withstand even the lightest of hits after the drubbing it just took from those blasts. Their return fire is accurate, and Ecks seems to do more perceptible damage than Rosseyn to their targets, but the fliers seem able to soak up the damage quite well regardless. In the passageway beyond the immediate battle for their lives, both men can see the hulking frame of the Brute rounding the corner.

Life-or-Death-1.jpg
Life-or-Death-1.jpg (89.8 KiB) Viewed 1160 times

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Ecks: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field popped; -120 M.D.C. from NG-EX10 main body, -70 right arm, -80 left arm, -10 left leg
Presence: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field popped; NE-BA-26: Main Body destroyed, left arm armor destroyed, -38 to helmet ; -30 to personal M.D.C.
Rosseyn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field popped; -1600 FF used; 88 remaining personal M.D., 200/7 Protective Aura
Rocky: -33 I.S.P.; NE-BA-40: -16 to left leg, -14 to helmet, force field is gone, Main Body is destroyed; Psychic Body Field: 100 M.D.C.
Mierin: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field popped; -40 M.D.C. from Modified CA-3 Light Dead Boy Armor main body

GM Notes:
  • Each Mechanoid's apparent damage is indicated by "health bars" over their tokens.
Augur
Admin

Postby Ecks » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10/85
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 8
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 20

The following skills are being used in concert to effect their escape.

Computer Operation: 1d100 = 83/103%
Electrical Engineer: 1d100 = 22/108%
Computer Programming: 1d100 = 50/93%
Computer Hacking: EP Auto Crit

"How's that teleporter looking, Ecks?"

The shower of sparks amidst the laser light show drives home Rosseyn's request. "Keep em off me for a few." Ecks says, swinging back to the terminal. While he doesn't possess psychic abilities, this isn't the first alien system he has dealt with. Even more helpful is that he has seen the operating system before. Tapping all his knowledge he works furiously to get them out of the room to the Energy Matrix.

Sweat forms on his brow as they are now trapped and desperate. He thinks back, failing to clearly recall why they stayed at all. He tries to stay at least aware of what's coming through the door and flying around the room.

IF Ecks is successful he prepares himself to dodge as they arrive at the Energy Matrix. If utterly unsuccessful he swears a blue streak and keeps trying.

OOC Comments
APM:8
Action 1: Computer Operation
Action 2: Electrical Engineer
Action 3: Computer Programming
Action 4: Computer Hacking
Action 5: Using the terminals to teleport he and Rosseyn to the Energy Matrix
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+6 = 21
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+6 = 23
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+6 = 18

Augur Note: The above has been revised for clarity.
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 17

Conditions
ᴥ N-F50A Superheavy Force Field: 0/160
ᴥ Forcefield MDC: 800/2400
ᴥ Protective Field MDC: 7/200
ᴥ Energy Form MDC: 88/119
ᴥ Mechanical Awareness:
• The character's gun-toting or high-tech laden opponent is at -3 to dodge the character's attacks and loses two melee attacks/actions due to time spent compensating for the super-human's amazing instincts, agility, and moves from Mechanical Awareness.
ᴥ Energy Form:
• No damage from physical attacks, gasses, poisons, drugs and disease.
• Half damage from cold, heat, fire, plasma, electricity and all other energy-based attacks.
• Full damage from magic, psionic, light, laser, force field, sound and shadow-based attacks.
• Force field can hold and contain the energy being.
• No physical attacks or carrying physical objects.

"Frak! They're in!"
Ecks wrote:"Keep em off me for a few."

"Shields up!" Rosseyn creates a forcefield to wall off Ecks and himself from the Wasps and then renews his Body Field. Better to take the hits while I still can! If we don't teleport, we're done! I'm not going down here. I still need to nail that bastard Zed. If one of the Wasps makes it on to the other side of the field, he'll begin firing energy bolts at it while weaving out of the way of it's attacks. "This is not how I thought I would die, Ecks! Tell me something good!"

Combat
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 13 (+3 vs guns and machines) (+4 vs AI, computers and auto defense systems)
Actions 1-2: Create 400 MDC forcefield between wasps and Rosseyn/Ecks.
Action 3: Reactivate body field.
Actions 4-7: Reserved for dodge.

Dodges: 1d20+6 = 121d20+6 = 231d20+6 = 25
Auto-Dodges: 1d20+4 = 231d20+4 = 181d20+4 = 141d20+4 = 161d20+4 = 101d20+4 = 201d20+4 = 71d20+4 = 22

Contingency
If a Wasp makes it past his forcefield, he will fire energy bolts at it.
Contingency Action 1: Fire Energy Bolt at Wasp. Strike: 1d20+5 = 25 (NAT20) Damage: 5d6 = 12x2=24
Contingency Action 2: Fire Energy Bolt at Wasp. Strike: 1d20+5 = 8 Damage: 5d6 = 16
Contingency Action 3: Fire Energy Bolt at Wasp. Strike: 1d20+5 = 14 Damage: 5d6 = 22
Contingency Action 4: Fire Energy Bolt at Wasp. Strike: 1d20+5 = 14 Damage: 5d6 = 16
Contingency Action 5: Fire Energy Bolt at Wasp. Strike: 1d20+5 = 9 Damage: 5d6 = 14
Contingency Action 6: Fire Energy Bolt at Wasp. Strike: 1d20+5 = 14 Damage: 5d6 = 19
Contingency Action 7: Fire Energy Bolt at Wasp. Strike: 1d20+5 = 15 Damage: 5d6 = 17
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:35 am

((rolls carried))

Ecks works furiously. He hears Rosseyn's urgency. "Really? This is pretty close to what I was afraid of, but the mothership in the middle of space is new and there aren't any demons here. Actually, I think that was a movie." he says in a flat manner as all of his energy and focus is trained on the life and death struggle taking place at the terminal itself. Now, now, now, now, NOW! he prays urgently, eyes widening under threat of mechanical death becoming more prominent just behind them.
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Augur » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:58 am

Conditions:
Time: 0114.75

"Keep em off me for a few." Ecks says, swinging back to the terminal. Ecks works feverishly to access the terminal.

"Shields up!" Rosseyn creates a force field to wall off Ecks and himself from the Wasps. The Wasps pound the force field dome with concentrated particle beam blasts as the Brute rounds the corner fully and obtains a clear line of sight. Using all his knowledge Ecks works furiously to get them out of the room and to the Energy Matrix. He considers how best to attack the problem of finding and accessing the controls that Rocky dominated through the use of his psionic talents.

Life-or-Death-2a.png
Life-or-Death-2a.png (79.94 KiB) Viewed 1113 times

"This is not how I thought I would die, Ecks! Tell me something good!" Rosseyn shouts as he renews his protective aura. The Wasps continue to pound the force field dome with concentrated particle beam blasts. The Brute's voice manifests in the minds of Ecks and Rosseyn. You will die here, humanoids! Die! Die! Die!

Ecks replies in a detached tone. "Really? This is pretty close to what I was afraid of, but the mothership in the middle of space is new, and there aren't any demons here. Actually, I think that was a movie." Determining the correct panel of the interface, he interfaces with the panel and quickly infers from the coding which are the command and control routines he needs to access. The Wasps persist in pounding the now trembling force field dome with concentrated particle beam blasts. The Brute unleashes a particle beam dual blast of its own and the force field dome collapses.

Ecks' computer hacking skills come into play as he uses them to bypass a series of safety and procedural protocols to directly access the teleporter command menu. Wasp #1 fires a dual particle beam blast that catches Rosseyn flat-footed. His protective aura visually shimmers a bit. Wasp #2 fires a dual particle beam blast at Rosseyn, but he manages to sidestep the blast. Wasp #3 fires a dual particle beam blast at Ecks who ducks the blast as he continues to work. The Brute's tri-laser cannon spits out a torrent of ruby streams of death at Ecks, but he manages to evade these as well. Finally reaching the menu, Ecks executes a teleport sequence intended to transport them to the auxiliary energy matrix core. With a dizzying and instant transition, they arrive beside Brennet and Mierin.

Continue posting here.

Life-or-Death-2b.jpg

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Ecks: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field popped; -120 M.D.C. from NG-EX10 main body, -70 right arm, -80 left arm, -10 left leg
Rosseyn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field popped; -2000 FF used; 88 remaining personal M.D., 200/140 Protective Aura

GM Notes:
Augur
Admin

Return to 2017 Epic