Alex Kowalski (WIP)

Character sheets, catch-all thread, Tinkerer's Thread, OOC chat thread, and the like are in here.

Moderators: Zilant, Game Masters, AGMs

Alex Kowalski (WIP)

Postby Alex Kowalski » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:44 pm

Player Name: Todd

Character Name: Alexander Kowalski M.D.
Alias: Alex, Doc
Race: Nightbane
O.C.C.: Nightbane Sorcerer
Alignment: Unprincipled
XP Level: 3
XP Points: 5,001 xp
Next Level @ XP: 10,001
Faction: Nocturne
Sentiments/Nightlords: These assholes need to be put down.
Sentiments/Nightbane: Speaking as one, I'd have to say we can be just as good or bad as humans, but I am more willing to give a 'Bane a chance.
Sentiments/Guardians: Haven't met one yet I got along with well.
Sentiments/Vampires: I have some silver and a stake around here somewhere...
Sentiments/Athanatos: You say that like I should believe in fairy tales.
Sentiments/Humans: If they would get their collective shit together the Nightlords and Vampire issues might already be solved.
Disposition: Polite and well mannered, if a bit clinical. A little arrogant, and curious about everything.
Insanity: Obsession: Loves Magic and Nightbane-centric

I.Q.: 21/
M.E.: 20/
M.A.: 10/
P.S.: 21/ (SN)
P.P.: 16/
P.E.: 17/ (SN)
P.B.: 10/
Speed: 27/

P.P.E.: 168
H.P.: 27/
S.D.C.: 51/
Sex: Male
Height: 6'0"/
Weight: 217 lbs/
Description: A fairly fit looking man, with short grey hair and a neatly trimmed beard./

Racial Abilities
The Becoming: +5
Nightbane appear to be normal humans until they experience their Becoming transformation. From that day forward they have two identities, human and superhuman monster. After the first Becoming, the Nightbane have the ability to shift at will from their human Facade to their Nightbane shape, the Morphus. The Becoming takes one full melee round (15 seconds), unless the Nightbane makes a Mental Endurance save (12 or higher; use M.E. bonuses, and is +1 at first level, and an additional +1 for every two levels after the first). A successful M.E. save means the Becoming will take less than one melee attack/action (about 3 seconds). The transformation process varies widely from one Nightbane to another. In some cases (especially when the Morphus is a lot larger than the Facade), clothes disappear, coming back only when the Nightbane returns to his Facade. In other cases, the Nightbane appears wearing the same clothing he had in his Facade, or is wearing a different set altogether. Players should decide which effect occurs with their character, subject to approval by the Game Master.

Supernatural Senses: 200'/500' Sense other Nightbane 360'
The Nightbane have nightvision in both the Morphus and the Facade, but the range changes dramatically; 200 feet (61.0 m) in the Facade, or 500 feet (152 m) in Morphus form. Some Nightbane have Morphus with even more powerful nightvision, and can see in total darkness for 1000 feet (305 m). Nightbane in either form can sense the presence of other Nightbane (but not other supernatural creatures). The range of this sense is determined by the relative power of each specific character. The base range is 300 feet (91.4 m) plus 30 feet (9.1 m) per level. If the character can see his fellow Nightbane and he is in range, he will automatically know whether or not that person is a member of his race, regardless of the person's current form. If the Nightbane cannot see the person, he may still be able to sense the near presence, general direction
and distance of a Nightbane by making a perception roll; this is a conscious effort.

Supernatural Attributes: Regen 10 HP/S.D.C. per round
Nightbane have supernatural strength and endurance. In addition to their great amount of S.D.C. and hit points, they can regenerate damage at the rate of 10 S.D.C./hit points at the end of each melee round! Massive damage (being hit by automatic weapons, for example) will overwhelm this regenerative power causing a coma or death. Nightbane are not invulnerable and they can be hurt or killed by any weapon!

Mirror Walk: 2 P.P.E./1 melee
While wearing their Morphus form, the Nightbane can use mirrors to cross over into and out of the Nightlands. To perform this ability, a mirror of any size, even a small hand mirror, will do, but the mirror must have a counterpart in the Nightlands. Typically, mirrors built into homes and buildings will have a counterpart in the alien dimension. Mirrors on vehicles rarely do because there are no cars in the Nightlands. Once the mirror walk is begun, the Nightbane's body will flow like thick liquid to pour through a mirror of any size. Seeing a Nightbane pour himself into a small mirror has a Horror Factor of 12 for those not familiar with the process. The Mirror Walk costs 2 P.P.E. points and takes one melee round (15 seconds) to perform. A Nightbane can carry additional cargo or equipment (not counting clothes) of up to 100 Ibs (45 kg). The character can also transport other people through the mirror but at the incredible P.P.E. cost of one point per every two pounds (0.9 kg) transported in this matter. For example, carrying a 160 Ib. (72.5kg) person across the Mirrorwall will cost the Nightbane 80 P.P.E.!

Immunities: Nightbane are immune to all forms of mind control, including vampiric control, spells, and psionic powers. They are also immune to the vampire's slow kill bite (see the Vampire Threat Section). All other forms of attack inflict normal damage and magic or psionics can be very effective against them.

Immune to Transformations: The Nightbane cannot be physically transformed by any means, including but not limited to the following: metamorphosis potions and spells, the transformation ritual, vampire
transformation, petrification, turn to mist, curses, wishes, or any form of magic or supernatural transformation, spell or enchantment.

Natural Abilities
Perception Bonus: %/%
Charm/Impress: 0%/%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: %/%
Max. Encumbrance: 65 lbs/ lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: lbs/ lbs)
Max. Lifting Weight: lbs/ lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: long and high/' long and high

Special Abilities
Understand the Principles of Magic: 81%
Sorcerers know and understand the main principles of magic and sorcery, including rituals, symbols, incantations and paraphernalia. This allows them to distinguish between fake "occult" materials from the real thing, as well as determine the general purpose of specific items and even which supernatural forces are involved. Base Skill: 70% +2% per level of experience. A failed roll means the character does not realize or misunderstands the significance of the evidence, dismissing it as fake, or maybe thinking a forgery or charlatan's scribblings are authentic.
Sense Ley Lines and Nexus Points: The sorcerer's senses enable him to see ley lines, which are invisible to normal humans. The character will "see" the faint traces of psychic energy running down the ley lines or seething at nexus points. Range: Line of sight or one mile (1.6 km), whichever is less.

Morphus Traits

Spell Knowledge
Spell Strength: (starts at 12 in most cases)
Delete if not applicable

Nightbane Talents

O.C.C. Skills
Skill name--Totaled %
Language: English 105%/ (+1%)
Literacy: English 105%58% (+5%)
Language: German 78%/% (3+%)
Language: Spanish 78%/% (3+%)
Basic Math 87%/% (+5%)
Computer Operation 67%/% (+5%)
Research 77%/% (+5%)
Lore: Demon and Monster 62%/68% (+5%)
Lore: Magic
    General Knowledge 57%/% (+5%)
    Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, Etc 47%% (+5%)
    Recognize Enchantment 40%/% (+4%)
Lore: Vampires 47%/% (+5%)

O.C.C. Related Skills
Skill name--Totaled %
%/% (+5%)
Biology 57%/% (+5%)
Chemistry 57%/% (+5%)
Chemistry: Analytical 52%/% (+5%)
Advanced Mathmatics 72%/% (+5%)
Crime Scene Investigation 57%/% (+5%)
Brewing 52%/57%/% (+5%)
Botany 52%/68% (+5%)
Gymnastics [list]Sense of Balance 63%/% (+3%)
Work parallel bars and rings 73%/% (+3%)
Back Flip 81%/% (+2%)
Basic Prowl 30%/% (+0%)
Basic Climb ability 25%/% (+0%)
Climb Rope/Rappel 71%/% (+2%)
(3) Lore: Nightbane 47%/% (+5%)
(3) Lore: Geomancy and Ley Lines 47%/% (+5%)

Secondary Skills
Skill name--Totaled %
Hand to Hand: Basic
Athletics (General)
(3) Physical Labor

Combat Data
HTH Type: Basic/Martial Arts
Number of Attacks: 4/8
Initiative Bonus: +0 (+1 vs the supernatural/+4 (+5 vs the supernatural)
Strike Bonus: +0/+11
Parry Bonus: +5/+16 (+17 with weapons)
Dodge Bonus: +5/+15
HTH Damage Bonus: +3/+22/+29 Horse
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +5/+9
Bonus to Pull a Punch: +2/+6
Bonus to Disarm: +0/+1 (+2 with weapons)
Other: Body block/tackle does 1D4 damage and the opponent must dodge or parry to avoid being knocked down (lose one melee attack if knocked down).
Pin/incapacitate on a roll of 18, 19, or 20.
Crush/squeeze does 1D4 damage per squeeze attack.
Skilled boxers will automatically knockout opponents on a roll of a natural twenty. The victim of a knockout will remain unconscious for 1D6 melees. Unlike normal knockout/stun, the player does not have to announce that he is trying to knock out his opponent before making a roll to strike.
Roundhouse Kick 3D6 damage,
Axe Kick 2D8 damage
Knee Strike 1D8 damage
Leap Kick 3D8 damage, but counts as two melee attacks
Supernatural P.S. Damage: 2D6 S.D.C. on a restrained punch, 6D6 on a full strength punch, or 2D4x10 on a power punch (counts as two melee attacks) (Horse: 2D6 S.D.C. on a restrained punch, 1D6x10 on a full strength punch, or 2D6x10 on a power punch (counts as two melee attacks).
Natural A.R. 14

Weapon Proficiencies
Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus (costs 2 actions)
Burst Shots: +1 to Strike Bonus
Called/Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus, 12+ Strike Roll Required (costs 3 actions)
Melee Called Shots: No bonus to Strike, No extra action cost

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +4%/+33%
Magic (varies): +4/+13 (+15 vs Night Prince or Nightlord caster
Lethal Poison (14+): +1/+8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1/+8
Insanity (12+): +3/+3
Psionics (varies): +4/+7
Horror Factor (varies): +1/+3
Disease: +1/+3 (effectively immune)
Add others as needed
Last edited by Alex Kowalski on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Alex Kowalski

Postby Alex Kowalski » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Worn on Person
Dockers, undershirt, button up, tactical boots
Smartphone (in pocket)
Pocketknife (in pocket)
Wallet (in pocket)
Shoulder Holster
2 clips for pistol

Stored in Vehicle
Medic Kit example
Pistol Safe
Rifle Safe
4 clips ammo for rifle
4 clips ammo for pistol
1 box pistol ammo
2 boxes rifle ammo

Stored at Home
    5 Pairs Dockers (2 black, 2 grey, 1 khaki)
    8 undershirts (2 white, 2 black, 2 grey, 2 maroon)
    10 short sleeved button up shirts (2 light blue, 2 dark blue, 2 black, 2 grey, 2 white)
    2 pairs blue jeans
    4 t-shirts
    1 black three piece suit
    1 grey suit
    1 charcoal suit
    10 ties
2 pairs steel toed tactical boots
2 pairs dress shoes (one black, one brown, oxfords)
4 wristwatches, various styles

Remington Model 700 Tactical Chassis, with scope
200 rounds .45 ammo
200 rounds .308 match grade ammo

2018 Dodge Power Wagon

Checking Account $2200
Savings Account $2000

Medic Kit 1080
Taclight 20
Martphone 330
Disposable Flip Phones (5) 200
Dockers (5) 200
Undershirts (8) 120
Button up shirts (10) 200
Blue Jeans (2) 80
T-Shirts (4) 80
Suit, 3 piece, Black 1000
Suit, Grey 1000
Suit, Charcoal 1000
Ties (10) 500
Dress shoes (2) 500
Boots (2) 400
Watches (4) 2000
Winchester 700 3000
Rifle Scope 300
Car Safe, pistol 150
Car Safe, Rifle 310
.45 Ammo, 2 100 round boxes 80
.308 match ammo, 10 20 round boxes 350

Total 12800 out of 15000
Last edited by Alex Kowalski on Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alex Kowalski

Postby Alex Kowalski » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Okay, so I am doing a video log so there is at least some record of my life that I know is accurate, from my point of view at least. Can't claim to know all the behind the scenes work that went on, but I can make some educated guesses.

So this all started for me back in October of 76. I had the joy of being the first, and only child my parents would have. Born out in a little place called College Station in Texas. Grew up fairly normal, although after some testing when I was 6, I got shuffled into some different classes. By the time I was 9, my family had moved to Houston, put me in this thing called a Magnet Program for gifted kids. Apparently someone though I had some talent. By my junior year in high school, I had a full ride scholarship to Harvard Medical. The first of what I would call "strange coincidences" happened the day after my graduation at 16. My family, minus me who was getting ready for a summer trip with a friend, and I mean my whole family, all 6 of them, took a ride in the van to go the beach. They never made it home. Fatal accident with a semi, no survivors.

I probably should have been more shook up. Hell, I think the human thing would have been to be shook up. But I wasn't. I just felt numb. I cancelled my summer plans, took care of the family stuff, but August of 92, I started at Harvard Medical on a combined pre-med and basics curriculum. Brutal schedule, but gets 8 years of school done in 6. Can't be beat right? Man, some of the 'extra' opportunities that came along I think were more tests than education. At least looking back. At the time, when you got a chance to get ahead, look a little better for when you applied for the residency, you take it. The last couple years there I started getting into physical fitness, drinking games kind of bored me, and I didn't have time to give a serious relationship. December of 99, after taking an extra semester of some very interesting classes, getting ready to look for a residency, still the only guy in my class that didn't have one even if I did have the best GPA. Should have known. Know better now.

You know what you do when a government type comes along, tells you a cool story or two, gets you feeling the team spirit, makes you want to believe, and then offers you a 'chance of a lifetime'? Here is what you do, you tell them no, then call up the Devil, and cut a deal, because he pays better and is upfront about wanting your soul. You can guess by my bitterness which route I went. Anyway, the deal. 5 years of my life. I get qualified for a full surgical residency, so I have the M.D. of Surgery I was looking for, plus research time in, and enough classified knowledge to get into lucrative government contract work if I wanted. Oh, and the kicker, a Fellowship at John Hopkins. Of course I took them up on it, what 25 year old med student wouldn't?

Five years later and I honestly cannot tell you how many things I helped dissect, dissected, experimented on, and what else. Finding good ways to permanently ice a vampire is very intense process. You have to actually un-stake them to see if it works. Yeah, no. Seriously. Sucks. Especially when the vamp is the cute girl you worked with for 11 months and had just asked out before she got sloppy and got infected. Bah. Those five years burned my soul. According to someone, I still have mine, but pretty sure that thing is black as fuck. The fact that as a member of the P.A.B. I knew I was saving lives, and winning a war our side, the HUMAN side needed to win helped me sleep. Well, that and the sleeping pills. Mostly the good work. Nah, it was the pills. Of course when they asked me sign on the dotted line again I did. I felt like the cost to me, the cost of saving someone elses soul was worth it. 30 years old and saving the world. Man, I wish.

So, pop quiz. What happens when you put a latent Nightbane in close proximity to not only a regular Nightbane, but a full Epsilion tac team, and 9 vampires? Anyone? Any takers? Cmon. Easy question, 10 bucks if you get it right. No? Okay. They have their Becoming. Right there. In that shitshow of a get together. Talk about some surprise. Here I am, 34 years old, just there to hand out the hardware. and BOOM!!! One of targets flies through the concrete wall we had set up base behind. I am not going to claim to have the best memory of that. Iggy-Pop got his name from that, the teams guys don't mess around, and in what should have been near complete casualties on our part, one of the Epsilon guys broke a clavicle from being slammed into a wall. All the other vamps where busy trying to shred me, and apparently I could return the favor. This also opened my eyes to something I had been trying so hard to ignore for a few years, but now it was personal.

Who are the good guys? We don't negotiate with vampires. I mean, understandable, I haven't really seen one I would call a planner, more just warm bodies and low end thugs. That was the 2nd Nightbane I had ever seen. And she was on the "capture to experiment" on list. Deemed an enemy of the state. Some of the other stuff, Hounds, Vultures, I can see them being enemies, they don't see very bright. Trying to capture one of those white dudes, man. Took me a month to get that tac team back to functioning. But here I was, now, one of the enemy. Except apparently saving a group of Epsilon guys from dying makes me less a bad guy and more a cooperating asset. Yeah, never has sounded like a good designation to me either. Then Dark Day Happened.

I swear if I hadn't been there to push back when the Nightlord hit squads came in our entire center in Houston would have fallen. As it was, between me, and 4 others like me I managed to get help from (in exchange for clean ID's) and some agencies I never heard of, we held the losses down to about 35%. That still means in one night, I lost 20 people I called friend. The Spook Squad as they are calling it now has moved me around twice now. Once out to California, and now to Ohio. What is even in Ohio? Guess I'll find out. My job is way more hands on these days, the teams have been teaching me some MMA shit, added some boxing and wrestling to my evening workouts. Apparently just because I can turn into one of the most bad-ass warriors around, I shouldn't always count on being able to change. I'll admit, they have some merit to what they say but still, even after a few years they manage to work me over pretty good in my human form.

Funny, I don't even look at my human form as the real me anymore.

1. Alex isn't sure about who is out there, but he knows his time in Spook Squad is coming to an end. He knows that while he is useful now, the people in charge look at him as the enemy. If he can find a group to join, preferably one that can pay the bills, has some knowledge, and is Nightbane friendly, he would jump at it. The problem is he doesn't really know of any groups other than the Spook Squad. Rumors, but no facts.
2. Alex has a deep fanboyism of magic. Since Dark Day he has figured out it really is real, and he wants to learn it. But sorcerers don't grow on trees and the Spook Squad doesn't exactly let him on a long enough leash to go and find a tutor and learn magic. But he has hopes. One day. Maybe. Hopefully.
Last edited by Alex Kowalski on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alex Kowalski

Dice Rolls

Postby Alex Kowalski » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:08 pm

4, 4, 3, 1
= 11
6, 3, 3, 3
= 12
6, 3, 6, 3
= 15
4, 1, 3, 3
= 10
1, 6, 5, 6
+ 1d6 = 4 = 20
2, 1, 3, 5
= 10
1, 4, 5, 6
= 15
6, 6, 2, 5
+ 1d6 = 4 = 21

Running 4d4 4d4 = 11
Athletics 1d6 1d6 = 5

Hit Points

Level 1: 1d6 1d6 = 1
Level 2: 1d6 1d6 = 5
Level 3: 1d6 1d6 = 4

Level 1: 2d6 2d6 = 7
Level 2: 2d6 2d6 = 12
Level 3: 2d6 2d6 = 9

Athletics 1d8 1d8 = 3
Boxing 3d6 3d6 = 10
Running 1d6 1d6 = 3
Wrestling 4d6 4d6 = 13
Kickboxing 1d10 1d10 = 3
Physical Labor 2d8 2d8 = 9
Gymnastics 2d6 2d6 = 3

2d6x10 2d6*10 = 110

3d6x10 3d6*10 = 120 +20
OOC Comments
Level 2: 3d6 3d6 = 10
Level 3: 3d6 3d6 = 5

Level 2: 2d6+6 2d6+6 = 15
Level 3: 2d6+6 2d6+6 = 13

OOC Comments
Savings 2d4x1000 2d4 = 2x1000
Personal Property 5d6x1000 5d6 = 15x1000

Cash: 3d4x100+200 (3d4*100)+200 = 700
Property: 2d4x1000 2d4*1000 = 4000

Save vs Insanity
1d20+3 1d20+3 = 10
Last edited by Alex Kowalski on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alex Kowalski

Re: Alex Kowalski M.D. (WIP)

Postby Zilant » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:37 pm

A good start. A lot of work yet to do.

Will need to explain learning Boxing and Wrestling at level 3, it is unusual.
Dimension Master

Morphus Design

Postby Alex Kowalski » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:25 pm

OOC Comments
Morphus Design

Designer Eclectic Morphus Option, Two Fully Manifested Traits (11 EP Total)

Morphus Traits:
    Facial Features - Extra Eyes (Nightbane pg 102)
    Unnatural Limbs - Psuedopods (Nightbane pg 104)
    Fantasy Table - Aura of Magical Power (Nightbane Survival Guide pg 90)
    Infernal - The Mask of Darkness (Nightbane Survival Guide pg 92-93) - Fully Manifested
    Mineral Table II - Iron: Hematite (Nightbane Survival Guide pg 94)
    Stigmata Table III - Third Eye (Nightbane Survival Guide pg 95)
    Undead - Partial Skeletal Form (Nightbane Survival guide pg 96)
    Victim - Broken Body (Nightbane Survival Guide pg 100)
    Mythical Creature - Dragon (Dark Designs pg 37-38) - Fully Manifested

Attribute Modifiers
Nightbane +10 (Seperate)
Mineral Table II - Iron Hematite 1d6 1d6 = 2
Victim - Broken Body 1d4 1d4 = 4
Mythical Creature - Dragon 1d6+6 1d6+6 = 11 (Fully Manifested)
Total: +10+11+[(2+4)/3] = +24

Nightbane +6
Total +6

Nightbane +10
Mineral Table II - Iron: Hematite +2
Mythical Creature - Dragon 1d6 1d6 = 2 (Fully Manifested)
Total: 10+2+2 = +14

Victim - Broken Body 1d4 1d4 = 3
Total: +3

Fantasy - Aura of Magical Power +1
Victim - Broken Body 1d4 1d4 = 1
Infernal - The Mask of Darkness -2 (Fully Manifested)
Undead - Partial Skeleton Form -1d4 1d4 = 1
Total: -2+[(+1+1)/2]-1 = -2

Victim - Broken Body 1d4 1d4 = 3
Total: +3

Stigmata III - Third Eye -1
Total: -1

Nightbane +10
Victim - Broken Body - -30% Speed

Infernal - The Mask of Darkness 2d6x10 2d6*10 = 90 (Fully Manifested)
Mineral II - Iron: Hematite 3d6x10+66 (3d6*10)+66 = 126
Undead - Partial Skeleton Form 1d4x10 1d4*10 = 20
Victim - Broken Body 4d4x10 4d4*10 = 100
Mythical Creature - Dragon 1d6x10 1d6*10 = 60 (Fully Manifested)
Total: 90+60+[(126+20+100)/3] = +232

Fantasy - Aura of Magical Power 1d6+6 1d6+6 = 12
Mythical Creature - Dragon 3d6+4 3d6+4 = 17 (Fully Manifested)
Total: 12+17 = 29

P.P.E. (at 1st level)
Fantasy - Aura of Magical Power 1d6x10 1d6*10 = 50
Mythical Creature - Dragon 1d6x10+20 (1d6*10)+20 = 50 (Fully Manifested)
Total 50+50 = +100

P.P.E. (Per Level)
Fantasy - Aura of Magical Power +3
Infernal - The Mask of Darkness 2d6 (Fully Manifested)
2nd Level 2d6+3 2d6+3 = 5
3rd Level 2d6 +3 2d6+3 = 11
Total: 5+11 = +16

This changed a bit
Last edited by Alex Kowalski on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Kowalski

Re: Alex Kowalski M.D. (WIP)

Postby Zilant » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:21 am

OK, I think there is a mistake in how I phrased things. To clarify your fully manifest traits still count for for purposes of division of the other traits...your aura of Magical power will be divided by 3 since you have two other traits that affect PPE. It looks like you did it correctly on your PS attribute though.
Dimension Master

Morphus Design

Postby Alex Kowalski » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:36 am

OOC Comments
Morphus Design (Take Two)

Designer Morphus 4 Traits (12 EP)

Morphus Traits

Ancient Warrior - War-Chief/Warlord
I.Q. +1
M.A. +2
P.S. +1d4 1d4 = 1
P.P. +2
P.E. +2
P.B. +1d4 1d4 = 1
S.D.C. +1d4x10 1d4*10 = 20
+2 to strike
+1 to parry and disarm with melee weapons
Horror Factor/Awe +1
50% more S.D.C. from armor features
3 weapons that do 50% more damage
-20% Prowl
Enemies get +2 to perception rolls to notice

Ancient Warrior - Calvary
P.S. +1d4 1d4 = 2
Spd +1d6 1d6 = 6
S.D.C. +2d6x10 2d6*10 = 100
Hit Points +6d6 6d6 = 23
P.S. +2d6 2d6 = 9
P.E. +2
P.B. +1d4 1d4 = 2
Spd +1d6x10+20 (1d6*10)+20 = 50
Combat Bonuses
+2 attacks per melee
+1 Initiative
+2 parry and dodge
+6 damage
Horse part has 1/2 of the Nightbanes S.D.C. and Hit Points, human part has the other half. Each part heals 5 S.D.C. per round both must be destroyed to kill the nightbane

Fantasy - Enchanted Knight Armor
S.D.C. +2d6x10+45 (2d6*10)+45 = 95 Increased by 50% for Warlord trait
Natural A.R. 14
+1 initiative, +1 to parry and disarm, +2 to save vs magic cast by a Night Prince or Nightlord
Resistant to magical energy blasts including magic fire (half damage)
+1 Horror Factor
Double character weight, increase height by 10%
-25% to Swimming, cannot be disguised or easily concealed in Morphus (armor is part of the character)

Animal Form, Equine - Centaur
P.S. +6
P.P. +2
P.E. +5
Spd +5d6 5d6 = 17
S.D.C. +3d6x10 3d6*10 = 140
Horror Factor +1d4 1d4 = 2
+2 on initiative and perception rolls

Totaled Bonuses(Includes universal Morphus increases)
I.Q. +1
M.A. +2
P.S. +19 (+26 Horse Part)
P.P. +10
P.E. +17 (+19 Horse Part)
P.B. +1 (+3 Horse Part)
Spd +33 (+77 Horse Part)
S.D.C. +513
Hit Points +23
Horror Factor/Awe +4
Alex Kowalski

Re: Alex Kowalski (WIP)

Postby Alex Kowalski » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:40 pm

Morphus Design take 3

Mythical Creature - Cyclops/Giant
PS +6
PE +2
HP 2d6 2d6 = 10
SDC 1d6x10+20 (1d6*10)+20 = 70
HF +2

Animal Form - Bovine - Half-Man, Half Animal
PS +6
PP +2
PE +4
Spd +4d6 4d6 = 12
SDC 2d6x10 2d6*10 = 80
HF +1d4+2 1d4+2 = 6

Fantasy - Aura of Magical Power
MA +1
HP 1d6+6 1d6+6 = 10
P.P.E. 1d6x10 1d6*10 = 60
P.P.E. per level +3
HF +1d4 1d4 = 4

Infernal - Mark of the Profane
PS +1d4 1d4 = 3
SDC +3d6x10 3d6*10 = 100
HF +1d4 1d4 = 4

Unusual Facial Features - Extra Eyes (1 extra, 2 total eyes)
HF +1d4 1d4 = 4

PS +25
PP +8
PE +14
Spd +12
HP +20
SDC +360
PPE +60
HF +20
Alex Kowalski

Re: Alex Kowalski (WIP)

Postby Zilant » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:46 am

You decided to completely redo the Morphus?

In any case, in order for having "one extra eye" equalling two to be unusual you will have to consider a size and placement question. Your large eye us in the center of your forehead presumably...and you have another single smaller eye someplace else. Personally I would have skipped the extra eye and used the three eyes option fro Giant/cyclops.

Still I do recall doing an "Ogre" in Chivalry and Sorcery (or was it Rolemaster) who had 2 eyes rather than some other number and having to figure out what was strange about that...
Dimension Master

Return to Characters