Out of Character Discussion

Character sheets, catch-all thread, tinkerer's thread, OOC chat thread, and the like are in here.
GM: Zilant
AGM: Hexxus

Moderators: Zilant, Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Out of Character Discussion

Postby Brute » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:44 pm

Zilant wrote:If something is obvious, such as the opening to under the bleachers or Simon walking from the football stadium, I will not necessarily require a roll for perception. The way I see it, a perception roll is to make note of things that are NOT obvious.

That's fair.

I have been considering the possibility of ending the game though, as I do not seem to be doing very well on the current scenario. :(

That's NOT fair.

Other players' experiences are not the same as mine, so do NOT judge your performance by my expression of frustration. From my observation, they seem to be enjoying the game just fine - and it'd be up to them to say otherwise. I don't pretend to speak for everyone.

I just want to know how you and I can improve our GM/player relationship. Or if we can't.
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Jack Greenfield » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:08 am

Gonna go ahead and post - despite my reluctance to post until things are settled. But just as a note, this:

Jack Greenfield wrote:This may be part of a larger conversation - wherein your expectations of me and mine of you are mismatched. Ultimately, I don't think I'm having fun in this game. I feel I constantly have to both extrapolate what's going on from incomplete information, and justify myself at every turn.

For my part - I have tried to do a better job at aligning myself with your expectations, and perhaps there's more work to be done on that front. For yours? I don't know. There doesn't seem to be an assumption, from my viewpoint, that you see my player intentions as being in good faith. If that's the case, then we're at an impasse. If that's where we are, then the best course of action for all concerned is for me to leave Nightbane.

Thoughts?

Still hasn't been addressed.
Jack Greenfield

Postby Zilant » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:44 pm

I assume the player is acting in good faith unless shown otherwise, I am just not always the best at figuring out what needs to be included in a post :(
Zilant
Dimension Master

Previous

Return to Characters (5 Players, 3 Openings)