Out of Character Discussion

Character creation process, setting information, and RULES are located here.

Moderators: Zilant, Game Masters, AGMs

Out of Character Discussion

Postby Zilant » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:12 pm

Here we go, a thread for everyone who needs to discuss anything and leave the discussion for others to look into later.
Zilant
Dimension Master

Re: Out of Character Discussion

Postby David Henderson » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Heyo all!

All right -- Dave is from out of town, but has spent nearly two years now on a gypsy lifestyle of travelling from city to city as his research into Nightlord activity suggests, actively fighting against the forces of darkness. So, he's not going to be a native to the city, but will have been in town for a little bit now, we're looking for him to have made contact with at least some of you at this point.

Does anyone have a good contact in their background who would have sent a Sword Bearer their way to help fight the good fight? Or, alternately, another plausible reason for contact to have been made?

I, personally, don't have a problem with having a group having come together with A having worked with B, and B also knowing C is a good guy, and C has done some investigative work with D, and so forth -- everyone being able to vouch for someone else and at least a couple people trusting each person on the team, to start. However, I don't know if Alan is on board with this, so that would be his call.
David Henderson

Postby Zilant » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:25 pm

I do not mind as long as you have reason to work together, it may be cliche to have a fight when you first meet, but in this setting that could get someone killed. Not to mention trusting someone after a major fight can lake a long time.
Zilant
Dimension Master

Postby Simon Nash » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:43 am

You mention in your background about your sister and her husband dying.; perhaps the husband was the elder brother of the original Simon Nash and that's why he's sought him out.
Simon Nash
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby David Henderson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:18 am

Hmmm. Possible, although I don't know if the ages really work out -- Dave's sister was, like, nearly twenty years older than Simon. She's more likely to have been a stepmother than a sister in law, unless there's a huge sibling age disparity going on somewhere. :) But we'll keep that as a potential link.
David Henderson

Postby Tomas Gunther » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:26 am

My character Tomas is an arcane detective. At some point, he may have crossed paths with the others in the line of duty.
Tomas Gunther

Postby Simon Nash » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:54 am

David Henderson wrote:Hmmm. Possible, although I don't know if the ages really work out -- Dave's sister was, like, nearly twenty years older than Simon. She's more likely to have been a stepmother than a sister in law, unless there's a huge sibling age disparity going on somewhere. :) But we'll keep that as a potential link.

A slightly different thought is that he was there at their murder and that is the incident that caused his breakdown

Would your brother in law being a reporter or blogger work?
Simon Nash
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby David Henderson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:19 am

Wasn't what I had floating around in my head, but it could work. The biggest problem being is that this happened a few years back now; it'd be odd timing to just come looking for him now.

Plus, on your end, maybe not a good idea to encourage someone to start digging into that part of your character's past. After all, you ARE the enemy, even if you're not aware of it. :D
David Henderson

Postby Simon Nash » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:26 am

Well i can legitimately say i killed what killed them.
Simon Nash
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Zilant » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:02 am

I will mainly stay out of this discussion, as it should be hashed out by the players. Only if I see something that does not make game sense will I intervene.

Query for Simon: You mentioned something once about your human template being a traitor and serving the nightlords, which you inverted by turning traitor against the Nightlords. Are you still going with that?
Zilant
Dimension Master

Postby Weiss » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:16 am

yeah, that's the plan. Some innocents get murdered in front of him and he basically snaps and has a breakdown resulting in him turning on the Nightlords in quite a definite manner, notably blowing the head of an Ashmedei
Weiss
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Zilant » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:22 pm

Weiss wrote:yeah, that's the plan. Some innocents get murdered in front of him and he basically snaps and has a breakdown resulting in him turning on the Nightlords in quite a definite manner, notably blowing the head of an Ashmedei

And then concluding that the traitorous Simon was the doppelganger while you are the real person...
Zilant
Dimension Master

Postby Simon Nash » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:41 am

Exactly. Its all as flimsy as hell but he's convinced
Simon Nash
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby David Henderson » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:31 am

And the fact that he can lift thousands of pounds is just a result of excellent genes and lots of training? :P
David Henderson

Postby Zilant » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:06 pm

Not to mention heals 25 times as fast as normal, only needs 3-4 hours of sleep a night, and has like ten times the endurance of a Marathon runner...and does not need to eat or drink. A few details...
Zilant
Dimension Master

Postby Simon Nash » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:12 am

well, the US military is prone to experimentation in fiction on its soldiers, so that's obviously what's happened here

Strength, just adrenaline

Training and experience is why he doesn't need much sleep

Still eats and drinks - doesn't realise he doesn't need to

and of course, the uber training that Team Epsilon received
Simon Nash
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Return to Information