Simon Nash: Undercover

The world is threatened by darkness, monsters hide behind human faces and not everything is what it seems.

Moderators: Zilant, Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Simon Nash: Undercover

Postby Zilant » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:54 am

Simon points out to the others that 1) David needs a ride and 2) they should try to clean up a bit before they go, so the police and Nightlords can't find them (hopefully).

David helps pick up the dropped weapons and SWAT armor. Franklin searches for his lost pins. They are still at it when Satya asks someone to come in and give her a hand, while David suggests torching the parking lot to finish destroying the evidence. Franklin volunteers to deal with that so David goes in to help Satya.

Franklin starts laying down a coverage pattern when he spies the fuel tank that feeds the generator...well if he rips the side off that and sets fire to the fuel it will probably be faster. It is likely diesel, so it will take more heat to start than gasoline, but he can make it burn.

Inside, David holds up the Shadow Warlock until Satya finishes.

Simon pulls the van out of the parking lot when Franklin starts blasting, but he question remains, south through Warlords territory, or north to the junkyard? Simon starts north, because the police are probably coming from the south and will be here soon, so he will have to either continue North or turn on the next major road...probably have to turn left because he thinks there is a major nature preserve to the right that no streets go through.
Zilant
Dimension Master

Postby David Henderson » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89 / 31%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 89
Initiative 1d20+1 = 4

Dave is taken a bit aback at the sight that greets him as he opens the back of the police van, but climbs on board and easily supports the man’s weight as the woman begins to carefully detach what probably aren’t healthy, life-saving medical implants from his body.

What the hell do you make of this? he asks Susan in the silence of their mind.

”Charming setup you have here,” the big man observes, as is his way dropping into sardonic comments to cover his unsettlement. ”Must be a real pain when someone calls a Chinese fire drill, am I right?” The back of a moving vehicle is far from the best locale for performing an operation such as this, but he holds the man still and does his best to minimize the reactions to the van’s movements.

”I’m Dave,” he introduces himself to the pair with a smile. He might be a little more worried about handing out his name to relative strangers if he hadn’t hacked this cover identity when he’d started working in the States in the first place.

He honestly isn’t even sure where any of his Canadian IDs are any more – it’s been a couple of years now since he’s been that man, and who knows if he’s ever going back to being him.

”Anyone know just what the hell is going on here?” he inquires cheerfully. ”’Cause, y’know, I was just at a bachelor party when all hells broke loose.” Well, mostly accurate – he had been investigating to see if there was, in fact, something off about Hush’s star attraction.

He’d...ended up discovering things went a tad deeper than that. It had been a busy hour....
David Henderson, Swordbearer
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 56/22
Spells: 8/2
Super Endurance: 3/1
David Henderson
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Simon Nash » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:11 pm

Perception 37% 1d100 = 15
JIC 1d100 = 77 1d20 = 1
Initiative 1d20+1 = 2

David Henderson wrote:"...Steve Rogers, is that you?" Dave replies, a grin flashing across his face. "Helluva small world. Sorry I didn't get here a minute sooner, maybe keep those doggies from having your guts for garters," he apologizes wryly, although he's at least a little sincere in wishing he'd been able to assist a little sooner.

"You going to be okay, man? he inquires. It's been more than long enough since he's had first aid classes that he's not sure he'd do more good than harm if he was to attempt to bind his fellow warrior's injuries.

"I'll live. Had worse," Simon attempts to brush off his injuries, "time to catch up later. Right now, we need to escape. Make sure you catch that vehicle over there" he indicates his work van as part of plans to cover his absence.

"Contact suggests north to a junkyard, but I'd be happy to put something between us and the bad guys, so I'll have to move us over a block before I can take us south." he explains to the group. He pulls the truck out of the parking lot and heads initially north before heading into Warlord territory.

Looks like my van is going up in flames
Charming, tall and muscular
HP 26
SDC 55/73

Character Sheet
viewtopic.php?f=959&t=16709
Simon Nash
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:09 am

Perception: 1d100 = 66
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 57
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 12

Franklin declines the opportunity to cause a giant fire and potentially blow up a parking-lot full of cars, set buildings on fire, and otherwise cause a bunch of collateral damage.

He continues burning off the 'evidence' using his powers. When he's done, he flips to astral form and, if the car's in sight, he follows it. If it's out of sight, he looks for it in the general direction it went. If he find it, he follows it. If he's unable to find it, he goes home.

-8 PPE
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 61/96
H.P.: 18/18 [color=#FF0000]56/56[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+9 (+11 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+11
Dodge Bonus: +3/+10 (+12 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
Franklin Jefferson

Postby Satya Patel » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66/31
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 49

”Charming setup you have here,” the big man observes, as is his way dropping into sardonic comments to cover his unsettlement. ”Must be a real pain when someone calls a Chinese fire drill, am I right?” The back of a moving vehicle is far from the best locale for performing an operation such as this, but he holds the man still and does his best to minimize the reactions to the van’s movements.

"Hello Dave, I'm Satya..I should be done soon. this knife is sharp. fun part is him not falling on the hooks." she looks then again carefully cuts again, "You should see what I can do with Lego and on Emperyion..Also on Conan Exiles if I am feeling mid evil.." she adds. It would be rude to not give some name considering his intro and with no hounds around it was reasonably safe. New opportunities were all over the place. though the local police would be an issue with this event. One that could easily be turned to her advantage. Of course blame would be need to lay somewhere or rather on someone potentially. This would be a matter to deal with later. Also she would need to find someone with an interest in these. Her considerable range of lore could exploit this easily.

”Anyone know just what the hell is going on here?” he inquires cheerfully. ”’Cause, y’know, I was just at a bachelor party when all hells broke loose.” Well, mostly accurate – he had been investigating to see if there was, in fact, something off about Hush’s star attraction.

He’d...ended up discovering things went a tad deeper than that. It had been a busy hour....

"I was looking up a potential client when I was called in. From what I can tell the enemy has something that is dangerous. We were sent to deal with it. And here we are..with two new friends. Oh and thank you for holding him up. It makes this a lot easier." she answers looking up briefly then back to cutting the Shadow mage loose. Also looking at this mystery knife and reading Tolkien after the scan. The movies really did not touch on all the material. At least the lead characters did not get Gender swapped...
Satya Patel

Postby Zilant » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:21 am

Franklin decides against spreading the fuel, though the asphalt itself catches fire from the heat it should not burn long, he does not especially want to start a fire that could destroy a lot of property. In the process, he ignores the suggestion that Simon's vehicle be destroyed. Unknown to him, this may lead to problems later for Simon. The Van is still close enough by when he finishes for him to fly to it, but seeing the police are close enough that they start shooting at the tires as it pulls away, he elects to assume astral form so as not to get shot at himself.

David climbs in the back and assists in getting the Shadow Warlock down from the contraption he is in. Susan tells David she has never seen anything like the device before (Cybermagic is new, she has not encountered it). The Van pulls out of the parking lot and turns left, then after a brief time of accelerating turns left again. David does a reasonable job of compensating for the changes in velocity and direction. He can hear the sound of distant gunshots.

Satya is able to get the hooks out when they are in the longer stretch on Hill Street and David can put the Shadow Warlock down.

Simon Heads North on Reynolds, them turns West on Hill before heading South on Holland-Sylvania, passing the CYO Athletic Center where they seem to be having a Basketball game. Airport Highway is ahead, once pas that the van will be in Warlords Territory.

The Shadow Warlock answers David's question, "I suppose I know what is going on here. This device here is a compulsive magic amplifier built by that Cybermage there, it can access the spells and talents of anyone hooked up to it, including Nightbane and Shadow Warlocks, using them as the person controlling the system directs while keeping the person themselves from accessing them. It requires both a source of electrical power and a ley line to work. The Nightlords probably love the idea of turning the Nightbane's own magic against them. Killing him so he can not make more for them was probably a very smart idea...not sure if it should be left intact."

As you near Airport Highway you come into range of a more powerful Ley Line, presumably the reason the Nighlords did not use that one instead is the fact it runs through Warlords Territory.
Zilant
Dimension Master

Postby David Henderson » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:20 am

Perception: 1d100 = 29 / 31%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 79

Dave has been trying to ignore the body in the van with them, but the Warlock’s story at least explains its presence. He’s not sure who ended up killing this ‘cybermage’, but he has to agree it seems like a necessary thing.

”I can’t see any legitimate reason to excuse the use of this technology,” he agrees. ”Seems a little too much like slavery to sit well with me.” Not to mention the way the ‘Bane had gone apeshit over the fact that they were locked into their human faces.

Given from the turns made in the van’s route, it seems that they are indeed heading for Warlord territory, and Dave takes a few moments to try and recall everything that might be relevant for the upcoming encounter.

On the same side against the Nightlords is one thing; being actual friendly allies is something else entirely....

Lore: Factions 1d100 = 63 / 65%
David Henderson
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Satya Patel » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 85
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 84

”I can’t see any legitimate reason to excuse the use of this technology,” he agrees. ”Seems a little too much like slavery to sit well with me.” Not to mention the way the ‘Bane had gone apeshit over the fact that they were locked into their human faces.

"I can see a good reason to keep it. Had we have not learned about the atomic bomb or used what medicine has learned from 'unethical' sources as well? We didn't make nor do we need to use it. We should learn about it and put it away as lesson of what not to create. it might be a stepping stone to a better kinder technology, Like that atomic bomb that lead to our current advances. In any case his plans might also be known to someone else..or someone like me read it and reproduce it. It would make sense for us to not destroy it until we get a better look at it to better counter such things." she offers as Satya checks the shadow mage.

"Now instead of calling you mage, shadow or some other absurd name what would you prefer we call you?" she asks the mage. Dave did have a point at the ethical dilemma. it was one well worth considering at some point. Just not now. When at war your enemies weapons were both a good source of intel and a means to understand them. It was one the things the MK project and various agencies fighting the the Nightlands and the dreaded foes there had to consider. Like the bomb and what medicine learned from the atrocities of the ages it was clear that even the most evil creations could be used for or lead to good results. Of course Satya was a more pragmatic than patriotic..that given the psychic was sure about one thing. This debate could wait.
Satya Patel

Postby Simon Nash » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:39 am

Perception 37% 1d100 = 19
JIC 1d100 = 771d20 = 9
Initiative 1d20+1 = 14

Unlike the others, Simon would have no qualms about using the Nightlords' weapons against them. They murdered his family and tried to replace him. Fighting fire with fire sounded good to him. If they could use the soldiers of the enemy to power the device, that would be poetic to him. It was a pity the cybermage was dead; not because Simon had any problem killing him, but because he was a source of intelligence that would have been useful

However, the furthest thing from his mind at this time was a philosophical debate considering they were still in danger.

"Keep your head down," he calls into the back as some of the officers opened fire and tried to take out their tyres, but he is able to keep the vehicle moving onto the highway. He kept looking back, expecting trouble behind them in the form of police pursuit.

"Now would be a good time to let the Warlords know we are coming and not target this van and so we can hide it as well."
HP 26
SDC 55/73

Character Sheet
Simon Nash
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 71

Franklin keeps pace inside the van, staring at the rest of these people, even though they can't stare back. If he's in range of the ley line, he draws PPE from it.

Whatever kind of power this guy has, even if he used it unwillingly, I have to make sure no one can ever do that to me again...

Franklin Jefferson

Postby Satya Patel » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:32 pm

Roles maintained

"Now would be a good time to let the Warlords know we are coming and not target this van and so we can hide it as well."

"I'll start calling ahead and find a contact. Dave, if you know anyone in the area it would help. just be sure not to mention our weapon..We don't need them going after us too. We will show it to them on our own terms. I need to focus. If you gentlemen could keep an eye out. While I'm online I will see about getting clean plates and getting this vehicle off the radar as well." she looks to her Laptop then focuses on her telemechanics. This part was always an odd experience it was like swimming in a sense the of the distortion water had. After some training you could read the distortions and navigate easily. It was when paths were clearly laid out you had to be weary.

"Lets see do I have any clients or standing contracts in the area? Edward might know someone I'll leave message for him to call me. Also I need to find a paint store." she thought to her self. Telemechanics did help

Checking for:
Contacts she knows in the area (ex-clients, sub-contractors she has worked with and so forth..even ex-Overmind or PAB contacts)
Paint shops or Chopshops with lots of paint (to paint the truck if they decide to do so.)
Set up a fake plate for the vehicle

OOC Comments
Telemechanics
1d100 = 59 /80%
Die rolls: (if needed)
Computer Operation 1d100 = 45 /73%
Computer Operation 1d100 = 79 /73%
Computer Programming 1d100 = 18/63%
Computer Programming 1d100 = 94/63%
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 93/58%
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 3/58%
Streetwise 1d100 = 87/53%
Streetwise 1d100 = 17/53%
Streetwise 1d100 = 39/53%
Lore: Vampires 1d100 = 12/43%
Lore: Factions 1d100 = 94/53%
Lore: Nightbane 1d100 = 68/53%
Barter /51%
Satya Patel

Postby David Henderson » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:27 pm

(Rolls Carried)

Dave isn't certain that there have been any beneficial advances of any significance based on, say, atomic bombs, but arguing the point wouldn't get them anywhere. Studying the tech to better understand how it works, however, is certainly good tactical sense. Far easier to take something apart if you have any idea of how it was put together in the first place.

"I'm not really local; no contacts to speak of in the area," he apologizes, bracing himself as the van sharply turns another corner. He regards Satya staring at her laptop for a few long moments, wonder what's going on.

"You...gonna open that up and go online?" he asks, wondering what she's mentally preparing herself for.
David Henderson
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Zilant » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:30 pm

Franklin quickly catches up with the Van, staying astral for now. He listens in on the conversation, and hears the astral echos of the thoughts behind the spoken words. It sounds as if the power that forced him to remain human was something this "Shadow Warlock" has, that was used by force through the strange device he is hooked to. Killing him would remove the threat...at least HIS threat, but it currently seems likely that the other in the van would not approve.

Satya and David are debating whether they should destroy the device when Simon suggests that now would be a good time to let the Warlords know you are coming, Satya starts to take out her laptop, then remembers, while it was used for other things, this van has a lot of pretty good communications gear in it. She can make contact using that, the panel that was knocked out has other uses. The Warlords often listen to police frequencies and frequently use CB radios. She can easily access either one.

She quickly send out a call. While they do not answer via Radio, shortly after you cross Airport Highway there is an eerie howl followed shortly by the sounds of a number of motorbikes approaching.

Simon can see the dark grey form of a giant greyhound, whose bones are picked out with glowing marks on her nearly hairless hide making her seem like an animated bone dog from a distance. Baskerville, he knows she is called, a Nightbane whose form is that of an animal...and who is fast enough that she can likely outrun this van. He can hear motorcycles, though they seem to be running without lights, making them hard to see.

The Shadow Warlock says after some thought, "Call me Cien." As that means "Shadow" in polish, it is reasonably sure it is not his actual name.

(OOC: Satya failed her lore rolls, but I gave her the information that the Warlords monitor police and CB for free. David made his roll, and recognized Baskerville who is a member of the Warlords. Additional information is that the Warlords are the largest group in terms of numbers because they let in others. While they espouse the believe that Nightbane are the next evolution of humanity they are willing to let others join, including normal humans. They are mainly a motorcycle gang, and are involved in a number of illegal activities including but not limited to protection, drug trade, and prostitution. They mainly stay on this side of the Mirrorwall and many of them do not seem to believe in the Nightlords, but they dislike the police and outside authority.)
Zilant
Dimension Master

Postby David Henderson » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 12 / 31%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 57

The bone-chilling howl sends shivers up Dave’s spine, and he shudders involuntarily.

”Who let the dogs out?” he mutters, before raising his voice to be heard by the others.

”Sounds like Baskerville is with them; he’s a canine ‘Bane, if you haven’t met him, and he’s the kind of guy you can’t outrun, if what I hear is true.” He ordered his thoughts, considering how best to approach this.

”Quick Warlord primer for anyone who isn’t familiar with them; mostly a biker gang with all that entails, ‘Bane and normals both, not a lot of respect for authority or the cops. They’re not big on the whole Nightlords angle of things, so we should downplay it.”

Getting up and bracing himself against the swaying of the van, he makes his way to the back doors and peers out at the ‘escort’ they’ve picked up.

”I say play it straight; we got caught up in an unlawful raid by the cops on a strip club, kicked their sorry asses, stole a van full of equipment and an unlawfully detained hostage, and are hoping to take a route that the cops are too scared to follow, thanks to the Warlord’s very impressive reputation.” True, all of it – strictly speaking. There are nuances, of course, but this story has the best chance of being favourably received, that he can see.
David Henderson
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Satya Patel » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 40
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 36

”I say play it straight; we got caught up in an unlawful raid by the cops on a strip club, kicked their sorry asses, stole a van full of equipment and an unlawfully detained hostage, and are hoping to take a route that the cops are too scared to follow, thanks to the Warlord’s very impressive reputation.” True, all of it – strictly speaking. There are nuances, of course, but this story has the best chance of being favourably received, that he can see.

”Quick Warlord primer for anyone who isn’t familiar with them; mostly a biker gang with all that entails, ‘Bane and normals both, not a lot of respect for authority or the cops. They’re not big on the whole Nightlords angle of things, so we should downplay it.”

They must be war lords.a perfect opportunity for us to gain contacts and allies possibly.

"I would not mention the stolen equipment they may try and take it as trade. Never give a potential enemy ammunition in any negotiation.. Good rep or not. I do agree we should be open with the rest of our story. It will get us on their good side and keeping who is chasing us simple and not mentioning the Nightlords would be wise. Given our collective skills, a pair of nightbane we should be fine. In return for safe passage I'm more than happy to offer services as an info broker. It would be incentive to offer us help and make friends. If play our cards right even get an HQ in there turf. she added. Tales of the battle against 'authority' was a good call.

"How many of them, Dave? Cien nice to meet you. Call me Satya." Satya asked as she works the comm system. Today was interesting a shadow mage and War Lords...this should be fun.
Satya Patel

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:57 pm

ROLLS HELD

Why is this injured cat calling himself 'dog' in French as his codename? Is he a werewolf? Who are the Warlords? Why is everyone talking like spies? What did Cobra Commander get me into, and how will I get even with him eventually? Who can provide a credible challenge for the Mayor in the next election, and how can I contribute to their campaign?

Franklin looks around for a second.

I guess no one else can see astral entities in this group. Suckers. Also, remember to American Sign Language moving forward.

Franklin Jefferson

Postby David Henderson » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:17 pm

(Rolls held)

Dave tries to get something resembling an accurate count, but is frustrated by the darkness and intermittent streetlight illumination.

”No good,” he reports. ”They’re running without lights, which means they’re either crazy, or ‘Bane. If there’s a difference,” he adds wryly after a beat.

”Plans?” he askes the van at large. ”We’ve got their attention now, but I’d prefer if there was a way of making sure it’s positive attention, y’know?”

Not that he’s afraid; but that isn’t the war he signed up to fight.
David Henderson
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Simon Nash » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:50 pm

Perception 37% 1d100 = 44
JIC 1d100 = 46 1d20 = 6
Initiative 1d20+1 = 13

Noticing the bike sounds following them, Simon drives casual; let's hope that they are the Warlords and not the Nightlords in pursuit. And of course, a giant dog is racing us.

We have company! Simon calls into the back, "how are we playing this?"

Let's hope they don't have satellite surveillance on us.
HP 26
SDC 55/73

Character Sheet
Simon Nash
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Zilant » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:13 pm

Franklin is astral, so he does not actually hear spoken words, he does not hear the word "Cien", he hears "Shadow", which is the intent of the term, though he also knows it was intentionally not said in English. He also hears the howl, but that is different in that it is infused with magical energy, so he hears it and knows it is some kind of Nightbane magical talent. He then hears the howler identified as something (proper names are a bit unclear) and the suggestion that plans need to be made as to how to deal with the Warlords.

(If I am reading the info from Between the Shadows about Astral Space right, the outer area is the Mists, a place where time passes quickly for the astral traveller and where perception is limited. People are able to be seen and heard from Astral Space because they have an Astral Presence, but you do not really see or hear them, you see what they think they are and hear what they intend to say. A person's astral Presence will often be something like a Nightbane Morphus, idealized or distorted. You can form a window in astral space, which can let you perceive more clearly, though keeping that open may be difficult while the van is in motion. The Nightbane main book offers somewhat different information on Astral Projection [If there is better information available, please point me to it]. If Franklin is doing COEXISTANCE [which he presumably is], then some beings may be able to detect him. It says in that state he can see and hear, but is invisible [except to Psychics and Children under 13] and intangible, logically you can not see or hear if light and sound do not interact with you, therefore you are not seeing light or hearing sound, but detecting by a form of psychic awareness, the most reasonable form of awareness being a form of See the Invisible and Telepathy. Thus, Franklin does not hear words, but surface thoughts, and gets the thought "Shadow" and the knowledge is is being said in a different language.)

David, lacking Nightbane Vision, is unable to get a good count on numbers. Not less than ten, but possibly far more is the best he can do.

It is possibly a good idea to pull off the main road somewhere so as to be out of sight from the main road. A plan as to what you want to try to do to convince the Warlords to aid (and what you might want from them) is possibly not a bad idea.

It is noted that the Warlords are open to people joining them, quite possibly if they think one or more of you wants to join, they might be more helpful. Otherwise, they will only help if it is 1) interesting, 2) In their best interest, 3) a favor they are likely to see repaid or 4) if someone passes a test they will set (anyone who can impress them can earn their respect).
Zilant
Dimension Master

Postby Jack Greenfield » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:11 am

Jack sends an email to David and Franklin. If they receive a notice and if they open the email, it reads:

Jack wrote:"Got my date home safe and sound. Party still going on? Should we meet somewhere?"
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 106 / 107
P.P.E. 39/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
Jack Greenfield

Postby David Henderson » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50 / 31%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 16

”Better find somewhere out of the way so we can have a private talk with these guys,” Dave calls up to the driver’s seat. Figuring out just how to deal with them is going to be interesting; in a lot of ways the Warlords are a criminal organization first, anything else second. The Nightbane involved are in a minority, but firmly in charge.

At least they don’t have any of the Nightbane along that he’d started this mess with. The Warlords are reputed to be...territorial, attacking any others of their kind who don’t join them, as rivals.

”We’re going to either have to bargain passage and potentially owe them a favour, or impress them enough that they help us out of respect,” Dave relates to the other three in the van. ”I can boast about taking out Hounds with my bare hands; they’ll know I’m not one of their kind, and I imagine they’ll doubt it. I can offer to prove it by going a friendly couple of rounds with one of theirs; win or lose, I’ll be able to give a good enough showing that they should be impressed by a mere piece of meat.”

It isn’t exactly his favorite idea, considering how much of his resources he’s burned through already this evening, but brute force is definitely one of the languages that the Warlords are the most fluent in.

His phone vibrates in his back pocket, and he takes a quick moment to read the email that’s come through.

Huh. Arkham, back from the other side already, and from the sounds of things he’s got that stripper girl stashed away someplace safe. He moves quickly, that one.

Party’s still going on, but it’s quieted down and moved to the bikers’ club. I think they’ve still got a problem with you and your friends, so it’s probably not a good idea to swing by, y’know? I’ve hooked up with some old friends and some new friends; we’ll see each other home, and I’ll keep you guys posted.

Hitting send, he tucks the phone back into his pocket and hopes that Arkham and his buddies will take then hint; charging in at this point could be...painful.

Of course, if they happen to be nearby if everything goes south, they just might make the difference between getting out of there in one piece, or not. Dilemma, dilemma....
David Henderson
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 23
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 96
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 5

Franklin pops his head out of the back of the van to get a better look at the Warlords as they approach.

First cops, now motorcycle thugs? Tonight is some weird Buffy/Sons of Anarchy crossover. I wonder if any of these jokers will be able to see me.

Franklin Jefferson

Postby Satya Patel » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 74
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 41

Lore: Vampires 43%/ 1d100 = 71
Lore: Factions 53%/ 1d100 = 4
Lore: Nightbane 53%/ 1d100 = 39
Lore: Nightlands 48%/ 1d100 = 64
EP: Streetwise: Drug 38%/ 1d100 = 24
EP: Barter 51%/ 1d100 = 61
Computer Operation 73%/ 1d100 = 11
Computer Programming 63%/ 1d100 = 7
Computer Repair 63%/ 1d100 = 98
Computer Hacking 58%/ 1d100 = 15
Streetwise 53%/ 1d100 = 54

"of course we are going to need to impress them. this their territory. they Respect strength, Intelligence and teamwork it would be wise to remember that. To attack one is to attack all of them. I can manage some favours for them. I have access to circles they the probably can't reach as well as getting dirt on enemies. I'd recommend our Nightbane offer to try and join it would show them we are not enemies. Privacy won't be a problem once we get our Nightbane to earn trust I'm sure the leaders here won't mind stepping aside. While the nightbane entertain the masses those of us not nightbane can deal with the leadership. Cien, if anyone asks your an associate of mine and like all good professionals we do not rat out employers." Satya offered. looking out for the leader and movers and shakers. Sometimes the man in charge was not the true mover and shaker or strategists.

"Now which of you looks to be the brains and tactics..." she thinks as the Psychic pans the crowd. Little details, what they carried and what wore were good hints. Among other details were how they carried themselves and carried what weapons they had. These were the details she looked for. This included looking for hints of hackers, computer techs by looking for habits, motions or other items hackers wore or used) and those with markings for the various factions. Spotting a vamp or rival gang member infiltrating could also make an impression.
Satya Patel

Postby Zilant » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:06 pm

There are a couple of minor side roads coming up, Estateland Court to the left, Connemara Court to the right, Chanticleer Drive a bit further ahead to the right. One of those would likely do to pull off.

Franklin sticks his head out through the side of the van, he can do so as he is not solid. He can clearly make out at least a dozen motorcycles, some with more than one rider. He can also see Baskerville easily loping along with the van. He realizes one of the riders has a Morphus with the eyes and lips sewn shut. He remembers that such Nightbane can not only see clearly, they can also see the invisible. Another has a third eye, many of those also have supernatural vision. He can not tell if they spotted him yet.

Satya only gets glimpses of the Nightbane as they are highlighted by the street lights. She is fairly sure at least one of them is a biomechanical of some kind, many of those possess talents that are useful to hacking. One of the pillion riders looks to be carrying what could be a laptop, it is impossible to tell from here if it is a normal device or some kind of Morphus manifestation.

David sends a reply to Jack and suggests to the others that he could possible manage to impress the Nightbane. He would prefer not to, but as far as he can see they do not have any Nightbane along, so anyone agreeing to join the faction would probably still face a challenge to show they are worthy to do so. (David presumably does not still have see invisible active by now, and thus does not know Franklin is there.)

Simon is waiting for instructions, he is probably not in condition to challenge anyone.
Zilant
Dimension Master

Postby Simon Nash » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:01 am

Perception 37% 1d100 = 85
JIC 1d100 = 80 1d20 = 1

"I'm pulling over," Simon calls back to the others, "sooner we get sorted, the better. Nobody make any sudden or stupid moves."

He looks at the possible streets to pull into, looking for one from memory or sight to figure out somewhere secluded and/or covered to hide the van from prying eyes.

OOC Comments
To figure out an appropriate street
Streetwise 45% 1d100 = 91
HP 26
SDC 55/73

Character Sheet
Simon Nash
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby David Henderson » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 11 / 31%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 73

Abandoning his position at the rear windows, Dave scrambles hunched over through the van's body to where he can peer out through the front windshield, looking for a place to have a meet with overt agents of the supernatural. Residential, residential -- ah!

"There!" he says urgently, pointing at an exit coming up fast on the right. "Caught a glimpse of a YMCA sign," he explains. The parking lot there is certainly a better option than some cul-de-sac with houses all facing down on it.

Sliding back into the passenger seat, he probes experimentally at his bruised ribs and decides he'll be okay; if he does have to scrap with one of the Warlords to prove worth, he should manage. As long as his opponent isn't out to actually kill him, that is.

"Okay, we need to decide how to play this, he calls back into body of the van. "My thought is best to arrange mutual respect through mutual strength if we can, rather than exchanging favours and making them wonder just how valuable a resource our group might be to bring into fold," he explains. "These guys aren't much different than most of the one percenters -- they're not nice guys, and have their hands into all sorts of criminal activities."

He grins. "However, I haven't had a ton of dealings with them," he admits. "If you think your way will work better, we'll go with that." An agreed-upon plan of any sort is better than everyone throwing their oar in.
David Henderson
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 27 / 10%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 1
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 11

Franklin pulls his head back in the van and moves to sit in a cross-legged position approximately in-line with the van floor. He waves his hand in Satya's face, then puts it through her head.

Huh, I thought she was supposed to be psychic. I wonder if she can feel this at all. We'll have to do some experiments after.

Dave talking about the 1% initially makes Franklin wonder when some rich white bastards are getting here, until he flashes back to Sons of Anarachy.

Maybe I can roll up inside one of these benches, or hide inside the evil machine. Let's take a look at that.

Franklin then sticks his head inside the machine that had Shadow trapped in it, to see if there's anything interesting in terms of magical phenomenon.

Lore: Magic 1d100 = 48 / 25%

Franklin Jefferson

Postby Zilant » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:36 pm

Simon informs the others he intends to pull over and David suggests the Wolf Creek YMCA at 2100 S. Holland-Sylvania (just ahead and to the right, opposite to Chanticleer Dr.) There are a few cars by the main building where the pool and the gym are located (YMCA indoor pools are popular after the other public pools close on Labor Day), and some others further south near the Enrichment Center. The farther north area of the parking lot is empty, near a small white unlabeled building (possibly a shed storing yard tools).

Franklin makes a mistake, he decides to take a closer look at the device to see if he can find out how it works. One thing he finds out is it includes an active circle of containment, once he looks in he can not withdraw or use any of his powers himself. He could try to escape but he can tell it will not be easy (If I have this right, you get to make 5 rolls against a DC of 20, and need to succeed three times or be bound until something breaks the circle,though you can try again in 24 hours).
Zilant
Dimension Master

Postby Satya Patel » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 46
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 50

Franklin pulls his head back in the van and moves to sit in a cross-legged position approximately in-line with the van floor. He waves his hand in Satya's face, then puts it through her head.

Huh, I thought she was supposed to be psychic. I wonder if she can feel this at all. We'll have to do some experiments after.

Great now I have a Sixth sense-type around too. probably another psychic or mage. and he seems to have gotten himself in trouble. "I do see you. I'm just focused on the situation here. and How did you get in there? There has to a be a power switch..let me find it. This device controls your powers. You may not have access to them while trapped." she spoke.

"I need to get one of our new friends here loose and I will join you. I'm thinking a direct talk to the boss line should do. Business or interest in joining them...I'm sure you guys can come up with something. I see a Biomechanical out there and well as a laptop so that means a hacker likely.This group is not just a bunch punch-happy bikers, expect anything. she then thinks "Wonder what that biomech and hackers gamer tag is and if they play Conan Exiles?"
Satya Patel

Postby David Henderson » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:20 am

Perception: 1d100 = 68 / 31%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 96

All right then. Make a deal it is; she wants to put her ass on the line, not my place to tell her not to.

Pointing out the somewhat remote shed to Cap, Dave slips into the back again. ”You feeling up to putting on a show?” he asks the Warlock. ”Stand tall, look alert but unworried, say something only if you’re sure it’s not going to send things downhill? If you’re still messed up from all this,” he indicates the machine, ”stay in here and keep your head down,” he suggests.

When the van comes to a halt, Dave throws the back doors wide and hops lightly down to the parking lot, stepping forward to give himself a little bit of maneuvering room. He stands tall, shoulders squared, posture relaxed, and waits with a faint smile on his face for the Warlords to pull in. Time to see if they could talk their way out of this one.

We keep running into these Nightbane and have way too little of an idea of what to expect, m’love, he mentions idly to Susan. I think we’re due for some heavy research to get up to speed.

The artifact gave a voiceless sigh in reply. If you must; that sort of thing is so tedious, however. She rarely seems to understand that not everyone can simply pick up information as one goes through centuries of experience....
David Henderson
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 25
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 48
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 6

What the fuuuuuu...?

1d20+12 = 24
1d20+12 = 17
1d20+12 = 30
1d20+12 = 18
1d20+12 = 18

Aw, hell no. This machine is a big old pile of dicks.

Franklin Jefferson

Postby Zilant » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:51 am

Franklin realizes that being astral made him overconfident, normally almost nothing can bother him except other astral creatures, but magic can sometimes. The Shadow Warlock HAD mentioned something about the device being designed to hold, and steal the powers from, Nightbane.

Fortunately for him, Satya is still mentally connected to the machine and realizes the Spelltrap is active and allows her to see him trapped inside. Fortunately the controls for that machine are not the ones which were destroyed earlier and she can quickly hack the system to find the off switch.

The Shadow Warlock holds out his bandaged arms, "I think I SHOULD join you, to prove the point that we have been fighting the Nightlord forces." He is having difficulty standing, but seems determined.

David chats a bit with Susan as he steps down into the parking lot, joined quickly by Simon and the Warlock. Susan is possibly unaware of what kind of resources one has available for research in the modern era, this might be educational for her.

The Warlords (at least the ones here) climb down off their bikes and survey the trio. One of them, possible the leader but perhaps just the spokesman, inquires, *Where are the girl and the Ghost?*

There seem to be about two dozen of them here, each one different. As noted there is a bio-mechanical and one with a Laptop which is apparently part of their Morphus, one with three eyes and another one with their eyes and lips sewn up (who is eerily the one doing the talking...possibly because you hear his voice inside your head in your native language no matter what that is). There is one who looks like a Vampire (is that a undead Morphus, or do they actually have a Wampyr or Wild Vampire with them?) there is one who never moves more than a few feet from his bike...if he does it follows him, there is one with some bike parts built in, there are some that seem like drug addicts of various sorts...it is an eclectic assortment.
Zilant
Dimension Master

Postby David Henderson » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 32 / 31%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 38

The…what now? They’re trying to be intimidating with their knowledge of our numbers, but...Ghost?

”Inside,” he replies, jerking his head to indicate the van and squashing any thoughts that he didn’t have all the answers they needed.

Confidence.

He certainly doesn’t flinch at the voice talking in his head – he’s old, old hat at that at this point. He only hopes that Susan won’t take offense at this intrusion to her private preserve.

”They’re dealing with the shit that the cops and their supernatural goons were trying to pull. We got word of a test run on a machine that could lock you guys down in your...other selves,” he smirks faintly, ”and we figured that shit wasn’t gonna fly. We jumped ‘em during their test, trashed their Hounds, an’ stole their ride. Ripped out the power source, and we’re makin’ sure that they can’t ever pull that sort of shit again – there’s too many of them to let ‘em go shutting the likes of you guys down.”

He grins toothily. ”You guys do good work,” he says, admiration tinging his tone. ”Cops and their buddies know better than to mess with you guys, figured we’d swing by this way to buy time while we got their shit shut the fuck down for good.”

He shrugged. ”You’re welcome,” he adds with a broad smile.

Trust: 1d100 = 83 / 30%
David Henderson
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Simon Nash » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:24 pm

Perception 37% 1d100 = 56
JIC 1d100 = 36 1d20 = 8

Simon pulls the van up, trying to keep underneath anything that might protect it from being detected by a satellite; better safe than sorry he think, but this will be the least of my problems considering that idiot didn't destroy my vehicle.

He steps out of the van as David explains to the bikers the situation and tries to get them on side

Sure, you can talk to them like that, but these people respect strength. Details later, bravado first. Simon puffs up his chest as best he can and speaks.

"We came, we saw, we kicked the Nightlord's goons arses all over the place and stole their stuff. Now, we need a place to lay low and figure out a way to use it against them."

Out of habit and general distrust, Simon checks the area over, getting a feel for the situation and whether these gangers were planning to try and roll them for the van.
OOC Comments
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65% 1d100 = 61

Streetwise 45% 1d100 = 98 FAIL - explains the dismissive attitude
Strategy & Tactics 55% 1d100 = 33 Pass
Detect Ambush 50% 1d100 = 91 Fail
HP 26
SDC 55/73

Character Sheet
Simon Nash
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby David Henderson » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:00 pm

(rolls carried)

Dave suppresses a frown. Didn't I just say all that? Albeit not as...succinctly. And he had been trying to suggest that there was no way the machinery still worked; Satya had definitely seemed against letting them know they had a van full of functioning, potentially crippling technology.

Or, should they learn to use it properly, potentially balance-of-power-tipping technology -- in favour of the Warlords and their criminal activities.

Not to mention that Cap looks two steps away from death's door; at least there'll be little doubt that there'd been a fight of some sort. Hopefully they don't look like they'd been on the losing end of it.
David Henderson
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 60 / 10%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 38
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 16

"Thank you, psychic lady. I don't know what the hell happened, but I'm dedicated to never having it happen again. That machine is terrible and I am glad it's creator is a smear... well, in this van."

Franklin note - figure out what that was and become immune through spells. Maybe magic objects. You are looking very good today. Thank you, mental Franklin.

Franklin drifts through the wall of the van to see what's going on.

Whoa, that's a lot more dudes than I thought were here. Dave talks real nice and Ivan Drago seems punch drunk. Next time this happens I need some astral popcorcn. You'd think the laptop would be stuck on his lap...

Franklin Jefferson

Postby Satya Patel » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 55
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 72

"Thank you, psychic lady. I don't know what the hell happened, but I'm dedicated to never having it happen again. That machine is terrible and I am glad it's creator is a smear... well, in this van."

"Anytime. and it is Satya..Psychic lady makes you sound a Simpsons character or Jerry Lewis." she added, "Now let's see what our other group members have done on the diplomacy front and hopefully they did not mention the machines. I imagine what the warlords will do with it is a bad as what the Nightlords would do...or worse given people seeking revenge feel they can do what others have done to them and still be justified." she whispered before stepping out.

"The warlords I presume. I hear good things about your work. Perhaps we can come to a mutually beneficial agreement." the woman offered.

Looking to David and Simon, "What exactly did you tell them?" she asked. The less the Warlords knew about the big prize the better..If they did blab though she could use the lightening caster as a means to draw the Warlords away from the control device. Until she knew this pack of Warlords motives it would be wise to not reveal all to them.
Satya Patel

Postby Zilant » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:46 pm

David is honest, for the most part, explaining what the group was doing. This may be a good or bad thing. He tells them what the machine was being used for, which causes some muttering among the Warlords. If any of the happen to be able to detect lies, he will not be caught in one.

Simon swaggers and brags, which apparently strikes a chord.

Franklin and Satya exit the van, and the spokesman says, *Ah, the Girl and the Ghost, now that we are all here, we can begin. If what the less hurt man says is so, we may owe you a favor. Show us then this weapon the meant to use against us.*

Satya realizes that David has probably said way too much...even is she has not idea what all he said. The telepathic voice is strange to her, not like that of a psychic telepath.

Franklin realizes the Warlords (at least the Spokesman) know he is there.
Zilant
Dimension Master

Postby Satya Patel » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:40 am

Perception: 1d100 = 68
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 33

"I'll deal with the device and explain it. As for that machine, I would be happy to show you. I should also like to offer my particular services in object reading, or psychoscopy If you prefer the scientific term. You probably want to see the device. The reason It is such a concern is it is capable of casting Lightning at will for all intents. In theory, it could form a defence you or anyone could not get past. We believe there is only one device and its creator is no longer among the living this is probably the last. Try and stay away from the other device That is something I'm studying and it affects mages and magical types rather unpleasantly. I'm certainly destroying it either device would be dangerous without study first. That is why my associate here is working with me." she stated carefully to the spokesperson indicating Shadow when she said, associate. She would deal with David or whoever blabbed later. A reminder to give the enemy ammunition was in order and such blabbing only served to weaken their already bargaining posture to be highly dubious. It was nothing she could not correct though. It would take a few favours and free services but still manageable.

(If the Lightening caster still works..)
"They are both things we need counter and that is why I'm studying them. You can, however, try the lightening caster it is fairly straightforward. We should do that in a spot that is not so open and on targets that are not alive. Having used it myself I can tell you it is fun." she awaited an answer.
Satya Patel

Postby David Henderson » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 11 / 31%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 70

If Dave is intimidated by Satya’s clear disapproval of what may or may not have already been said, he hides it well. He’s not at all inclined to let the Warlords just have such technology; he’d phrased what it did in a way that was designed to make them want it destroyed, rather than try to exploit it.

And he wants it destroyed, rather than studied. Studying it will open up great temptation to maintain it and use it; and the means by which it’s operated are...unacceptable.

He lowers his voice and replies to Satya, but not so low that he can’t be overhead by anyone with better than average hearing.

”This is the Warlords, boss,” he says urgently, having no compunctions about confirming her as their ‘leader’. ”They’re the real deal, you can’t snow these guys. I told ‘em how got the van, and how some of the stuff inside was made to lock ‘em in their ‘other selves’,” he explains. ”They don’t want that shit getting’ out there; they owe us.”

He is well aware she didn’t want them to know about the tech at all, wanted to trade favours instead. He just...felt that coming from that position with this guys was a bad plan. And since he’d been out on point, he’d presented the story.

They can argue about it later, though. Time to get through this first.
David Henderson
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39 /10%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 93
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 12

Franklin does the robot, keeping an eye on Nooooo-eyes and Laptip, in particular in case they jump everyone. He then tries out some dirty sign-language to see if the critters what can spot him react.

If a fight goes down, he flips to physical and lays the smack down as much as possible, then tries to escape.

Franklin Jefferson

Postby Zilant » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:41 pm

The Warlord Nicknamed "Eyes" looks at Franklin and comments, *Stop that stuff, it is distracting. Don't make me send someone after you.* He seems to be confident he has someone capable of going after Franklin, it is quite possible at least one Warlord has an astral travel ability of some kind.

He then "looks" at Satya, *This kind of tech does not sound familiar, I want to take a couple of my crew and look at it. Where did it come from, do you know?*

If Satya agrees, he takes the Warlord with the attached computer and one of the others, one who seems to have some kind of mystic symbols tattooed on their skin, and goes in to look over the devices. Of course, the controls for the Lightning Gun are destroyed, Satya may need to do some jury rigging using the controls for the other device before it will function correctly.

The Shadow Warlock seems to be healing rapidly, evidently he is now recovered enough to activate at least one of his talents. This is noted by one of the Warlords, who points it out to the others.
Zilant
Dimension Master

Postby Simon Nash » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:43 am

Perception 37% 1d100 = 35
JIC 1d100 = 961d20 = 17

Simon leans back against the van
Looks like Satya has put herself in charge he muses, feeling his wounds, which had started to heal at least enough that he wasn't going to bleed to death.

As Eyes looks to one side and speaks to someone unseen, Simon raises an eyebrow.

Interesting, guess we either do have a spectral guest .. or a warlord that really likes talking to himself

"Any idea who might be following us? he whispers to David, "the Warlords don't seem bothered by their presence, but I'd like to know whom is following us"

If the others show the Warlords inside, Simon takes another peak himself. From what he'd seen earlier, wasn't much he could do with it anyway. Way beyond his abilities.

OOC Comments
Mechanical Engineer 35% 1d100 = 5
HP 26
SDC 55/73

Character Sheet
Simon Nash
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby David Henderson » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:57 am

Perception: 1d100 = 55 / 31%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 96

Since Satya appears to have some sort of complex plan to deal their way out of the situation, Dave leaves her to it and goes about starting to ingratiate himself to members of the Warlords as an Okay Dude. Projecting confidence but showing respect, he makes some approving comments on some of the rides and in general refrains from any urges to either stare or avert his eyes from some of the more extreme ‘Bane traits.

Good will might not count for much, but better to have these guys thinking we’re okay than thinking we’re a pain in their collective asses.

Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 96 / 30%
Automotive Mechanics: 1d100 = 17 / 25%
Pilot Motorcycle: 1d100 = 83 / 78%
David Henderson
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Satya Patel » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 22

Skills:
OOC Comments
Cryptography 48%/ 1d100 = 57
Computer Operation 73%/ 1d100 = 1
Computer Programming 63%/ 1d100 = 55
Computer Repair 63%/ 1d100 = 36
Computer Hacking 58%/ 1d100 = 41
Basic Electronics 53%/ 1d100 = 90

”This is the Warlords, boss,” he says urgently, having no compunctions about confirming her as their ‘leader’. ”They’re the real deal, you can’t snow these guys. I told ‘em how got the van, and how some of the stuff inside was made to lock ‘em in their ‘other selves’,” he explains. ”They don’t want that shit getting’ out there; they owe us.”

"He does have a good sense strategy and assessment. Perhaps I miss judged him. It would be wise co-ordinate better in the future we won't always have this much luck. Never the less things worked out well." she thought.

"Thanks for the tip." she nodded.

The Warlord Nicknamed "Eyes" looks at Franklin and comments, *Stop that stuff, it is distracting. Don't make me send someone after you.* He seems to be confident he has someone capable of going after Franklin, it is quite possible at least one Warlord has an astral travel ability of some kind.

He then "looks" at Satya, *This kind of tech does not sound familiar, I want to take a couple of my crew and look at it. Where did it come from, do you know?*

"It is rather unique and shows certain traits that can be exploited for both combat and non-combat uses. The idea of drawing electricity from the very earth would be useful for a power source to facilities among other applications. biggest changes the atomic bomb was not the weapon. It was civilian and non-weapons developments that really mattered. avoid direct contact with that device. " she indicated the held shadow and her astral friend very recently,"It is also I believe unique. If there are more or plans for it I would like to have some sort of counter to it. I plan on finding out about both of them. I would be happy to have your help if you are feeling a little Brave and bold.." she pauses thinking just handy an electronic version of that would be to capture data Demons then turns to "Eyes".

"A bit jury-rigging and will be able to hook up my laptop or a comp tower and a controller. If you are worried about any unexpected company while we work we can take this elsewhere. I suspect my team is going to be willing to travel. They are a hardy group and more social than I am. some this damaged equipment should work well enough." she adds looking for what is needed.

The Shadow Warlock seems to be healing rapidly, evidently, he is now recovered enough to activate at least one of his talents. This is noted by one of the Warlords, who points it out to the others.

"Perhaps I should speak with my associate.." she nodded, "See what can be used for our little project." Satya approaches shadow. with some concern.

"You okay? anything we can do to help?" the woman asks carefully to not injure any pride of the Shadow warlock as she does.
Satya Patel

Previous

Return to Adventures