Election Mayhem

The world is threatened by darkness, monsters hide behind human faces and not everything is what it seems.

Moderators: Zilant, Game Masters, AGMs

Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:39 pm

A month has passed and the group has remained in touch but not actually coalesced. They have tentatively discussed employment as a group and getting a base where they can possibly stay and probably work from, but no definitive decisions have been made.

Early voting has been going on, and already accusations of rigged voting machines and intimidation tactics against voters have been flying. That is how things stand on voting day.

If anyone is checking the morning news, or looking on line, they will get the following information:

"This is starting out to be the most violent voting day in history. Even before the poles opened at 7:30 widespread acts of terror are being reported. At nearly all polling places across the eastern half of the country there have been people shot. Most governor are calling out the National Guard to prevent further assaults. Wild speculation abounds about who is behind the shootings, however it appears most of those shot have been registered Democrats. Democratic party spokesmen have issued a statement condemning the attempt to intimidate their party into not voting, as well as claiming after an anticipated victory they will get right to work on new gun laws."

"In other news, wild claims abound of tampering with mail-in ballots. One source claims that they saw a ballot change votes right before their eyes. Another source claims the machines that count mail-in ballots have been tampered with, Members of BOTH parties are requesting a court injunction preventing all mail-in votes from counting until the situation is dealt with."

"We also have reports of registered voters arriving at the polling place, only to find someone has already voted in their name. These reports come even from states with voter ID laws, no explanation of this has been forthcoming."
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 58 / 23%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 80

Franklin goes to his polling place to vote.

No way in hell people fought for my right to vote and I'm not going to honor that.

He votes against the Mayor.
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 66/106
H.P.: 19/19[color=#FF0000]59/59[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+11 (+13 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+14
Dodge Bonus: +3/+13(+15 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
User avatar
Franklin Jefferson
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Jack Greenfield » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:27 am

Perception 30% 1d100 = 94

JIC: 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 60

On election day, Jack is forced to stay home. He is coasting under a new identity, and hadn't had time to register to vote in his new identity. He's also kinda sorta wanted for terrorist acts, so voting under his old identity is a bit of a "bad idea."

When he receives the text from Satya:
Satya wrote:"Its Satya, I hope this reaches you safe. I need to see you. Have a lead we need all need to check into. A big opportunity if it what I think it is. Meet me at the following *address of a local coffee place* Also have a church to show you."


... he goes to meet her at the designated place and time. When she sees him, she notes that he has shaved his unruly hair and grown out his goatee to change his look. "Hey Satya. How're things? What's this about a church?"

New identity information
New cover identity
Name: John Harker
Age: 22
Place of Birth: Cleveland, OH
Occupation: Emergency Medical Technician, unemployed
Background: Born to an unwed mother in Cleveland, Harker attended school through the 10th grade and gained his G.E.D. before taking vocational training as a paramedic. He has moved to Toledo to seek new opportunities.

Ideally he will have all of the requisite paperwork (birth cert., SS card, driver's license, etc.) furnished to him by the Underground Railroad, whom he trusts are experts at relocating people thusly.
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 84/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
User avatar
Jack Greenfield
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Liam Mercer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 5
Conditions: None.

Liam sits at his house the news playing as he gets ready for work. The news brings Liam to a slow halt, his tie half done. "That's just bloody great. So he's pulling out all the stops huh. Magic, doppelgangers, and whatever else he can pull up." Liam sighs and grabs his car keys. "Lets get this likely bad day started I guess." Liam again says to himself as he grabs his coat and heads out the door to his truck.

Liam follows the speed limit, and all traffic laws as he makes his way to his polling place. Once there Liam tries to vote if possible before then heading to work.

Vote
Against the Mayor obviously.


Once at work, Liam buckles down and does his job, occasionally checking the news for updates.
User avatar
Liam Mercer
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:32 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:00 pm

While Liam and Franklin head towards their designated polling place, they both hit a roadblock...Literally! The Police have all the roads to the election site blocked and will give the following warning, "We have an active shooter situation, at least a half dozen people are dead already. We will not stop you if you want to risk your life, but be warned that we are not allowing any cars in or out of the area, so you will have to go on foot. There is a federal law on the books preventing the police from barring any registered voter from going to the polls to vote, though they WILL suggest that you can also vote at the county board of elections (which, they claim, is still free of shooters).

You have the choice of walking to the school (Garfield Elementary School, 1103 N. Ravine Parkway) or turning around to head to the board of elections.

Meanwhile, Jack has agreed to meet with Satya about the Lead she suggested they might want to check out. His ID is all prepared and hopefully able to pass most inspections. He heads to the specified coffee shop and waits for Satya to arrive.
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:06 pm

... he goes to meet her at the designated place and time. When she sees him, she notes that he has shaved his unruly hair and grown out his goatee to change his look. "Hey Satya. How're things? What's this about a church?"


"Nice look, I like it. The church for purchase is a tad small but should serve well.. as for Q ministries I have a suspicion an old boss of mine is running it. if he is this might be tricky. He is unbalanced and fighting the same war we are. Its something we need to look into He could be an ally or enemy of an enemy depending on his power base. He started a war with vampires and Nightbane..and could have won if he had significant resources. Quintivus Quire is from the same project that made me and he thinks big picture. Long story I will tell you later. If he is active he will be a threat to us." she stated plainly, but with a tone of genuine concern. As she spoke she calling up the ad for the church and showed it to Jack.

https://www.loopnet.com/for-sale/toledo ... ialty/?e=u
763 Vance St
Toledo, OH 43604 · 4,949 SF · Specialty For Sale
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Jack Greenfield » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:06 am

Perception 30% 1d100 = 91

JIC: 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 12

Satya wrote:"Nice look, I like it. The church for purchase is a tad small but should serve well.. as for Q ministries I have a suspicion an old boss of mine is running it. if he is this might be tricky. He is unbalanced and fighting the same war we are. Its something we need to look into He could be an ally or enemy of an enemy depending on his power base. He started a war with vampires and Nightbane..and could have won if he had significant resources. Quintivus Quire is from the same project that made me and he thinks big picture. Long story I will tell you later. If he is active he will be a threat to us."


Jack absorbs this, and looks at the ad for the church.

This is as good a place as any to hole up. And maybe it's enough to keep vamps out, if tales are true.

"I like it. We need to scrape together, what? 10% of the asking price for a downpayment? And find a way to secure a loan for the rest. As for the rest... We have a lot going on, and I bet it goes deeper than any of us suspect, so we definitely need a place to lay it all out. As to Quire, we will need to be careful going forward if he's got a grudge against my people."

He sips his coffee and thinks for a minute. "Dunno how much you were told about the night we all met. Several different factions got played, all of us puppets of some ... big shadows somewhere. There's something next-level going down, and we've only seen it through a keyhole. I don't want to get played like that again. I think we need to pull together, each of us agents of a different faction for the most part, and stop being pawns. We need to share intel and set some goals. And the sooner the better."
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 84/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
User avatar
Jack Greenfield
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 55/31%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 55

"I already looked into working for the warlords. 10% should be a good start, and if we have some sort of income that can be traced to keep the tax and cops off of us. Thinking something that is self-regulated and allows flexibility of skills." she pauses drinks some coffee before continuing, "I can set up licenses and accounts in offshore accounts for that. Thinking we raid our enemy a few times and sell the loot or take a few leal jobs as a business."

"Two very real possibilities are that Quire is playing them or being played. If he was playing, he will likely take it personally. I do agree, we need to make plays not responding to them. We have mages, Vampire hunters and Nightbane in the fight. The warlords seem to trust me..that is a start." she answers thinking a moment before speaking, "We have a war to win and not a lot of troops to win it with. I hate when I have to pick the least dangerous enemy.." she grins at Jack.

"Now we need to find the others and let them know. So scout an enemy or look at a church first?" Satya asks.
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Jack Greenfield » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:54 am

(Rolls carried over)

Satya Patel wrote:"I already looked into working for the warlords. 10% should be a good start, and if we have some sort of income that can be traced to keep the tax and cops off of us. Thinking something that is self-regulated and allows flexibility of skills. I can set up licenses and accounts in offshore accounts for that. Thinking we raid our enemy a few times and sell the loot or take a few legal jobs as a business."

"Two very real possibilities are that Quire is playing them or being played. If he was playing, he will likely take it personally. I do agree, we need to make plays not responding to them. We have mages, Vampire hunters and Nightbane in the fight. The warlords seem to trust me..that is a start. We have a war to win and not a lot of troops to win it with. I hate when I have to pick the least dangerous enemy..."

"Now we need to find the others and let them know. So scout an enemy or look at a church first?"


Jack nods. "I'm not a leader... never have been. I'm a field operative, and historically I've worked more or less alone - though not because of any personal preference. My gut tells me to set up a safehouse first - a place we can retreat to if need be. Gather our resources - put the team together, inventory our assets, and plan. Then investigate. But that's just me - I'm used to relying on the Underground for intel and resources. What do you think - you seem to have your finger more on the pulse than I do."
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 84/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
User avatar
Jack Greenfield
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:07 am

(retain rolls)

"Offshore and Swiss accounts work for the CIA..we can build for that but need starting capital. If we had income it would help us by providing cover and us to have a hidden cache easier. I'll need to hone up my business studies. but should be doable. The rest of you, no offense meant, do not seem the planning type on the surface." she adds with a nod.

"Plan for the worst hope for the best works for me." Satya said, "we still need cash, but a quick hack or lucky raid will cover that for now. And seeing as the other two have to yet to respond. We can do the leg work and save potential disappointment or give them time to answer. Being the impatient type..I'm leaning to saving disappointment." she nods with a sly grin then looking at the address and writes it down on a notepad, "Quire is dangerous enough to make the PAB and ADA worry. So I am inclined to agree with you. Let's see if our potential new home has any church mice." with that she sends a text to all of the team.
Text
"Checking the church out. if you need help or wish to join us send a text."
Last edited by Satya Patel on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 89 / 18%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 61

Franklin listens respectfully to the pigs, then draws Liam aside. "We're not going to Garbagetown Hall, right? This is clearly the Mayor trying to stop me... I mean us, from voting against him. Do you want to go in on foot and I'll go in intangible, invisible and supersonic, stop the shooter and save everyone's votes?"

Franklin looks off into the distance. "I guess what I'm asking is if you have a better solution than your being bait professor."
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 66/106
H.P.: 19/19[color=#FF0000]59/59[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+11 (+13 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+14
Dodge Bonus: +3/+13(+15 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
User avatar
Franklin Jefferson
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 95/28%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 11

Being a supporter of voting rights, and not being registered to vote, Alex decides to work at one of the polling centers. Boring work but satisfying. After a while he hears some odd noises. He turns to one of the other poll workers and says "That sounded suspicious, I am going to go check it out"

He makes his way out of the school, trying to find the source of the sounds. Well, at least I'm not bored anymore.
Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Liam Mercer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 88/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 75
Conditions: Night Vision 200'

Franklin Jefferson wrote:Franklin listens respectfully to the pigs, then draws Liam aside. "We're not going to Garbagetown Hall, right? This is clearly the Mayor trying to stop me... I mean us, from voting against him. Do you want to go in on foot and I'll go in intangible, invisible and supersonic, stop the shooter and save everyone's votes?"

Franklin looks off into the distance. "I guess what I'm asking is if you have a better solution than your being bait professor."


Liam looks at his very strange companion. "My life has gotten at least three-fold weirder since I've met you. Why would I want to risk getting my Façade shot? That seems counter productive to being in hiding. I think going in from the Astral is actually a good idea, but not just you, both of us." Liam says with a clipped English accent.

"So either we're doing this or I'm heading down to the Board of Elections to vote."
User avatar
Liam Mercer
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:32 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:23 am

Satya and Jack do a bit of discussion at their booth at the coffee shop and tentatively agree that setting up the safe house is the first step, if they can find a way to fund it. Satya sends out a message to Franklin, as he is the only one (other than the missing Simon), that she has a contact for.

Franklin asks about going astral and Liam inquires why they can not both use that route.

Alex has been pretty bored, very few voters have made it in, he hears something outside and informs the others he is going outside to see if he can find out what is going on.

He looks outside and sees something rather strange, he sees a pile of clothing lying on the sidewalk near a parked car.
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46 /28%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 95

Well that's odd, who leaves clothes out like that Alex makes sure he isn't being observed then casts shadow meld and magic armor on himself, and slips outside the building. Sticking to the shadows as much as possible, he makes his way over towards the pile of clothes.

Prowl 1d100 = 56/60% (from Shadow Melding)
Crime Scene Investigation 1d100 = 95/57%

OOC Comments
Shadow Meld will last 6 minutes
Magic Armor will last 3 minutes and has 130 SDC
Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 88

"Messages are out, We can go unless you have pressing business to attend. I still need to wait on the warlords reply on that job. So we can check out our future home and I can see if it is worth getting funds for it. No responses so they must be tied up and they did not call us so they probably are fine. Heres the address for the church..Ready when you are." She nods. and puts her laptop and such a way. She was concerned slightly at the lack of response from the text. It could work or any number of mundane issues. This made sense but once she checked the place out she'd give a phone call to the others and announce the good news. That and finding the cash.. that meant hacking. Easy enough to do in action tough to cover up the trail. Perhaps a call to the right people and a bit lucky loot? better to worry about that once they confirm the need to pay for the place.
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Jack Greenfield » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:15 pm

Perception 30% 1d100 = 78 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 10
1d100 = 79

Satya wrote:"Messages are out, We can go unless you have pressing business to attend. I still need to wait on the warlords reply on that job. So we can check out our future home and I can see if it is worth getting funds for it. No responses so they must be tied up and they did not call us so they probably are fine. Heres the address for the church..Ready when you are."


Jack stands. "I'm ready now."

Jack will proceed with Satya to the church's address. As they go, Jack will run a search with his phone on the church's name and address, and see if it was ever in the news. Ideally, the place is nondescript, and unnoteworthy... if nothing's gone down there, then hopefully we'd draw less attention if we choose to buy it.

Research 40% 1d100 = 19 (SUCCESS)
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 84/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
User avatar
Jack Greenfield
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Liam Mercer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 25/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/ 1d100 = 65
Conditions: Night Vision: 200'

Prowl: 1d100 = 25/25% Pass (To find a secluded spot to cast my spell.)

Astral Projection: 7 P.P.E.; Duration: 15 minutes.

Liam walks away from the area slightly in hopes of finding someplace relatively secluded to cast Astral Projection at. Dipping around the corner of a building and behind a bush, Liam quietly begins the casting of his spell, his hands moving in precise movements while he intones ancient Egyptian words to take his entire form into the Astral Realm.

Once the motions are complete and the words of power are spoken, Liam vanishes as a whole from the normal world and into the ghostly ethereal existence of the Astral Plane. He waits for Franklin to join him in the Astral before moving on to look for an active shooter in the school. The things I do to keep the world safe.
User avatar
Liam Mercer
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:32 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 100 / 15%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 58
Initiative: 1d20 = 12


Liam Mercer wrote:Liam looks at his very strange companion. "My life has gotten at least three-fold weirder since I've met you. Why would I want to risk getting my Façade shot? That seems counter productive to being in hiding. I think going in from the Astral is actually a good idea, but not just you, both of us." Liam says with a clipped English accent.

"So either we're doing this or I'm heading down to the Board of Elections to vote."


Franklin stops and looks at Liam, "I thought you said you couldn't flip astral before? Hell, this changes everything. Let's go mess up whoever's shooting people for exercising their constitutional rights. I know some people who will probably want that rifle, too."

"You want to go a few blocks away and find a phone booth to put our superhero costumes on...?"

And then Franklin realizes Liam has walked away. He follows, quickly assuming his alternate form and going astral as quickly as possible so as to avoid drawing attention, once Liam has dematerialized.

Becoming: 1d20+4 = 10

"Ahhh, much better."
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 66/106
H.P.: 19/19[color=#FF0000]59/59[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+11 (+13 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+14
Dodge Bonus: +3/+13(+15 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
User avatar
Franklin Jefferson
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:02 am

Alex casts a few spells and carefully moves over to examine the clothing. It is fairly standard clothing, rather worn, with a small hole at about the middle of the chest in the front and back of both the jacket and shirt. The clothing is full of dust on the inside. In the pocket of the pants is a wallet with a photo ID (in the name Jackson L. Kinney) that has an address in this district, $8 in cash, a food stamp card, a ticket for tonight's lottery, and a social security card. In other pockets are a set of keys and a change purse with a few small coins in it.

Satya sends a message to the realtor to ask them to meet at the church. The Inspirational Baptist Church the worn sign says. Jack finds out that it was apparently quite popular back about 2013, but with 2 other Baptist churches on the same street (one on the same block) and changing regional demographics, it could not compete. The congregation moved on and the preacher retired. Traffic seems oddly light (or perhaps not so oddly, given the warnings repeated on the radio about the danger of random shootings).

A person in a realty uniform shows up in a small hyundae, it is an African-American female in her late thirties or early forties who is rather thin. Her Name tag says, C. Jones, she introduces herself, "Good afternoon, I am Miss Jones. If you are a couple looking to purchase this property for a home I do have to inform you it is not zoned for single family dwelling."

Liam finds a spot and begins his spell. He discovers that he made an error, the spell works, but his body remains behind. The correct name of the spell translation is "Separation of the Ka", and that is exactly what it does, it separated the Ka, or spirit, from the body. He discovers himself standing looking up at his body. Looking up? Well yes, he also seems to be in the form of a cat on the astral plane.
OOC Comments
In ancient Egyptian myth, the Ka could travel about in the form of a cat, since you used the Egyptian version of the spell, that is your current form. It does not impair you in any way, you can still move invisibly and through wall and fly at hundreds of miles an hour, you can even cast spells. The form, is more an appearance than anything else


Franklin gets a ping on his phone indicating a text message, but ignores it for the moment as he changes form, enters the astral plane and looks about for Liam, then sees the cat connected via a silver cord to the unconscious body.
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 78/28%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 16

It looks as if something died. I wonder what it was, not human for sure. Alex racks his brain for anything that leaves behind dust when it dies. He also examines what he presumes to be a crime scene a lot closer now that he has more to go off of.

Lore: Demons and Mosters 1d100 = 16/62%
Crime Scene Investigation 1d100 = 64/57%

He also tries to sense the presence of any Nightbane in the area.

1d100 = 72/28% 360' range

Assuming he senses no Nightbane:
He also tries to figure out what direction Jackson was probably coming from and where he might have been attacked from. He pulls out his phone, googles the address on the license and then he will start making his way in that direction.

If he does sense a Nightbane:
Alex will try and narrow down where the Nightbane is, to go and see who it is.
Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:29 pm

A person in a realty uniform shows up in a small hyundae, it is an African-American female in her late thirties or early forties who is rather thin. Her Name tag says, C. Jones, she introduces herself, "Good afternoon, I am Miss Jones. If you are a couple looking to purchase this property for a home I do have to inform you it is not zoned for single family dwelling."


"Afternoon. Satya Patel. This is John and we are looking for a more functional dwelling for a business venture we have in mind." she replies politely, "I saw the location and the picture and was drawn to the place. I'm eager to see the place, Shall we start?" she smiles. the woman was concerned at the lack of response. Given the risks and recent raids, they should be avoiding police and ID-related events. But they were grown up and could be smart enough to stay below the radar. The place did look like a good start. small, but in a good spot and other churches meant a viable source of holy water. Reasonable close to shopping as she could expect. the light traffic was a boon as well.
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2 / 13%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 46
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 8

Just before he changes, Franklin realizes he got a text, and sends back to Satya, Bad hombre at STREETNAME. Check the news. We're being careful like shiny ghosts.

Then he finishes changing and going astral.

"Oh, hello kitty cat. Have you seen a grumpy man with a beard?"
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 66/106
H.P.: 19/19[color=#FF0000]59/59[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+11 (+13 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+14
Dodge Bonus: +3/+13(+15 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
User avatar
Franklin Jefferson
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Liam Mercer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 5/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 63
Conditions: Astral Projection (Duration 00:15:00 Minutes), Night Vision 200'

Franklin Jefferson wrote:"Oh, hello kitty cat. Have you seen a grumpy man with a beard?"


Liam sighs. The world goes weird around this young man. Liam thinks before looking up at Franklin. "Let's go find the shooter, so we can get to Voting and I can get to work." Liam says from the form of a cat.

Uggh, this is an annoying change of view. Liam thinks as he floats towards the school. Liam, an experienced astral traveler moves through the wall of the building and begins his search for the man shooting the place up. "So what do you think the Mayor's plan is on this one? Cause enough mayhem and no one will notice he's won the election."
User avatar
Liam Mercer
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:32 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:40 pm

ROLLS HELD

Liam... is a cat?

As Liam heads off, Franklin says, "You're just gonna leave your body in the bushes...? Okay!"

He then follows Liam, helping to search. "Should we head right to school, or do you think he's in one of these buildings?"

Franklin thinks about Liam's question for a moment, then comments, "Well, it sort of depends on how long of a game they're playing. This is some pretty classic voter suppression. Keep people from voting, make sure you lock down places where people are likely to vote against you, and the fewer places people can actually vote, the easier it is to fake the results you want. Something like this? They could activate some emergency powers, but that's not what I'd do. Nah, if I'm the president or the governor or whatever, I get on the TV tomorrow. I say to everyone, 'Yo, that stuff yesterday with voting was crazy! Voting is sacred! So to make sure everyone is safe when they vote, we're doing only online voting from now on. You don't need to go anywhere! Do it from your house! And everyone is automatically registered!'"

Franklin points at Liam. "Because, sucker, you can have the results be whatever you want, and no one can check up on you. And everyone across America is gonna be all thanking you for fucking them over. That's what I'd do."

Why is he a cat? Is this his other self? Does he like see himself as a Cat-American? Does he really want to be Salem from Sabrina? I could go to TOWN on Sabrina. OMG, don't look at his butthole!

"Why are you a cat?!?"
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 66/106
H.P.: 19/19[color=#FF0000]59/59[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+11 (+13 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+14
Dodge Bonus: +3/+13(+15 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
User avatar
Franklin Jefferson
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Liam Mercer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:53 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Franklin Jefferson wrote:"You're just gonna leave your body in the bushes...? Okay!"


Liam's cat form shrugs. "Normally I do this from the safety of my study. It should be safe enough, people will likely think I'm a drunk if they do find me."

Franklin Jefferson wrote:"Should we head right to school, or do you think he's in one of these buildings?"


Again Liam shrugs. "Good a place as any to check. If he's not here, than we can spread out I guess."

Franklin Jefferson wrote:"Well, it sort of depends on how long of a game they're playing. This is some pretty classic voter suppression. Keep people from voting, make sure you lock down places where people are likely to vote against you, and the fewer places people can actually vote, the easier it is to fake the results you want. Something like this? They could activate some emergency powers, but that's not what I'd do. Nah, if I'm the president or the governor or whatever, I get on the TV tomorrow. I say to everyone, 'Yo, that stuff yesterday with voting was crazy! Voting is sacred! So to make sure everyone is safe when they vote, we're doing only online voting from now on. You don't need to go anywhere! Do it from your house! And everyone is automatically registered!'"


Liam nods. "Good an answer as any. Politics are the bane of society."

Franklin Jefferson wrote:"Because, sucker, you can have the results be whatever you want, and no one can check up on you. And everyone across America is gonna be all thanking you for fucking them over. That's what I'd do."


Again Cat Liam nods. "Again not an unreasonable answer."

Franklin Jefferson wrote:"Why are you a cat?!?"


Liam's cat form shrugs once again. "Not rightly sure, maybe a side effect of the Egyptian source of the spell, or possibly it's my close proximety to you... as you've made my life weirder since we've first met." Liam says with a half hearted laugh.

"I suppose once we find him we could sick monsters on him. Would be a sort of poetic justice." Liam says with a neutral face. "Are we searching together or splitting up? I think together would be best."
User avatar
Liam Mercer
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:32 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:28 pm

Bad hombre at STREETNAME. Check the news. We're being careful like shiny ghosts.


"understood will get there soon as we are done here." she texts back.


"It seems our friends are into a little venture of their own," she told John as she passed him her phone to read the message. looking at John to see his answer. They would be able to do good recon that she could not. she was curious and would hack into the system and see responses to the location by various agencies. It occurred to her she should set up access points to tap in to at will.
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Jack Greenfield » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:27 am

Perception 30% 1d100 = 86 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 12
1d100 = 41


Ms. Jones wrote:"Good afternoon, I am Miss Jones. If you are a couple looking to purchase this property for a home I do have to inform you it is not zoned for single family dwelling."


Jack chuckles.

Satya wrote:"Afternoon. Satya Patel. This is John and we are looking for a more functional dwelling for a business venture we have in mind."


Jack nods. "We're starting a business and are looking for something... unconventional."

Jack turns to Satya. "This was one of about 3 churches in the area. Congregation drifted away, mostly, leading to closure." Probably owned by the national organization for the baptists, whatever that is... meaning there might not be much give on the asking price, but they'll be willing to negotiate as they're paying property taxes on an unused structure.

Satya wrote:"It seems our friends are into a little venture of their own."
Jack glances at her phone and reads the text. He smiles. That dude is weird. Weirder than most, even.

He pulls out his phone and looks at the local news websites to get some idea of what's going on.

Research 40% 1d100 = 37 (SUCCESS)

Turning to Satya, he says "We may have to make this a quick visit, eh boss?" He turns to Ms. Jones. "Our apologies. Starting a business, you know. 99% perspiration and all that."
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 84/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
User avatar
Jack Greenfield
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:18 am

ROLLS HELD

Franklin nods, "I hope no one draws on you."

I hope someone draws on you.

Franklin laughs, "Man, it's all that flying snake's fault. He threw me down the damn rabbit hole and now you're stuck in that gravitational pull. But yeah, we should stick together. You never know when the action's gonna start lately. Let's zap on over to the school, then!"

Franklin heads towards the school house at top speed, trusting Liam to come along.
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 66/106
H.P.: 19/19[color=#FF0000]59/59[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+11 (+13 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+14
Dodge Bonus: +3/+13(+15 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
User avatar
Franklin Jefferson
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:54 pm

Alex is aware that several supernatural creatures are said to fall to dust or ashes upon death. That Includes Vampires, Doppelgangers, and some other "soulless" things. He thinks that someone shot this creature, but us unable to decide where the bullet came from. He does, when he puts his mind to it, think there is at least one other Nightbane somewhere nearby.

Franklin and Liam head towards the school to look for the shooter. On the way they see someone they both recognize as another Nightbane examining a pile of clothing. There seem to be only two places that could attack this area, from the school or from one of the Dwellings over on Worthington St. Possibly there is a third, from over on top of the stadium bleachers, but the angle is not as good.

Miss Jones smiles professionally, "I can show you around, though you will find the place is no longer furnished. As we enter the foyer, we have the washrooms and the cloak room, the bathroom fixtures are still in place. Inside we have the central meeting area, a large open area that once held seating for the congregation as well as the lectern and baptismal font. Beyond that you have the vestibule where the preacher would prepare before celebration. There is no on site living area."

(OOC: I have not been to the location nor found a map, this is simply a fairly standard small church design.)

Jack, when eyes are not on him, looks up information. Not much more is available than that there are active shooters targeting people on their way to most area voting sites, and that police roadblocks have been set up to advise people to use the secured site at the Board of Elections.
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 63/28%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 5

Zilant wrote:Alex is aware that several supernatural creatures are said to fall to dust or ashes upon death. That Includes Vampires, Doppelgangers, and some other "soulless" things.


So something soulless. That clears that right up. Probably a doppelganger, considering the mundane address and coming to vote. How did someone pick one out, I assume they are not shooting everything or they would have taken a shot at me already.

He does, when he puts his mind to it, think there is at least one other Nightbane somewhere nearby.


Well, at least one of my kind is around. Wonder if it's the shooter?

Looking around to decide where the shot could have come from, he decides it likely wasn't from the school, since he would have clearly heard the gunshot while he was inside, he still gives it a quick onceover looking for an open window, or a shattered one. He then heads over towards Worthington St, looking for anything that looks out of the ordinary, like open windows or shattered glass.
Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75 /13%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 97
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 4

As Liam and Franklin approach the school, Franklin points at Alex and says, "Oh, hey, I know that guy. He's another psychomorph. He's kind of intense, but an okay guy."

As Alex walks down Worthington Street, Franklin adds, "Looks like he's going to check the right side, you want to hit up the school, Scoob, and we'll meet up with him if we don't find anything?"

He then heads towards the school to look for the shooter.
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 66/106
H.P.: 19/19[color=#FF0000]59/59[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+11 (+13 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+14
Dodge Bonus: +3/+13(+15 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
User avatar
Franklin Jefferson
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Jack Greenfield » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:56 am

Perception 30% 1d100 = 14

JIC: 1d20 = 13
1d100 = 10

Ms. Jones wrote:"I can show you around, though you will find the place is no longer furnished. As we enter the foyer, we have the washrooms and the cloak room, the bathroom fixtures are still in place. Inside we have the central meeting area, a large open area that once held seating for the congregation as well as the lectern and baptismal font. Beyond that you have the vestibule where the preacher would prepare before celebration. There is no on site living area."


Well, that can change, Jack thinks. The building is nondescript, out of the way, and spacious. It'll serve. It's... probably too new to have a mirror to the Nightlands, so we have no escape route... but neither are we vulnerable to attacks from the other side. I have mixed feelings about that... May need to identify nearby structures with working mirrors in case of emergency.

Seeing the information about the shooting, Jack briefly wonders why Franklin's bothering with something so mundane, then realizes that, due to it being on election day, it's probably connected to everything else somehow. He discreetly shows his phone to Satya, open to the news article about the shooting.

As Satya looks at the phone, he says "It's got enough space. We can turn the upstairs chapel into offices and the downstairs into storage or what have you. I'd say we keep this location as one of our options."
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 84/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
User avatar
Jack Greenfield
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:55 am

"Ya we better check in. I agree this is on our short list..we will let you know soon the as decision is made." Satya nodded as she took a look with approval. There were grander examples but this was a good option. It had potential. Not much in the way of frills, but serviceable. and she did always want to live in a church. The Irony was not lost on her. This did give her the notion to find a priest even more.

"Thank you for your time." she looks to Jack, " Let's see what sort of trouble they are up to." she commented following Jack once the real estate agent left. Knowing that team they were likely torching something else. Better to stem the damage. First, a strip club than they burn down a warehouse up in smoke. Satya wondered if there would be a city to save at all. But at least they were trying and likely to succeed as well. This election day mayhem was at least more exciting than house hunting which improved the Psychics mood immensely. As they drive the psychic looked up the polling station and tried to get a plan and any current data.

Computer Operation 73%/ 1d100 = 93
Computer Programming 63%/ 1d100 = 75
Computer Hacking 58%/ 1d100 = 42
Last edited by Satya Patel on Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:08 am

The school is fairly large, searching it properly will take a bit of time. Even if you travel from room to room at high speed, you need to pause in each room long enough to look around. Assume there are 3 wings and 3 floors and each level of each wing takes 1 entire round to search....and that does not count the roof and basement. It will take a few minutes to search everything, So where do Franklin and Liam elect to search first?

Alex has at least half a dozen houses and a couple of vehicles where a shooter might be, on foot it will take him a while. Given he is not dressed as a police officer, how does he plan to search for the shooter? Knocking on the front door and asking if the shooter is in likely will not work :lol:

Currently Sasha can not contact Franklin, but can locate the street he said he was looking for bad dudes at, it will take a few minutes to get there, even with the current light traffic.

(OOC: all of you will probably be taking a few minutes to do your respective tasks...with a little finagling you might all get done about the right time. For information, there are two shooters and a number of spotters...though what the spotters are looking for varies. The spotters contact the shooter to tell them which people coming in to shoot and which to let by.)
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:25 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85/28%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 79

Alex checks the street out, looking into the cars, seeing if there are anymore piles of clothes laying around. Or bodies. He looks for open windows in the upper floors of the houses, and keeps a look out for anybody who looks suspicious.

This is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I know there has to be someone here, its just a matter of narrowing it down. And my armor spell is gone. This might get dicey if I find a shooter.
Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 39
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 99
"I have a street our 'bad dude' is on, its (insert street name). When did my life become a video game?" she asked, "So much for the simple life of hacking and info brokering." she grins and watches traffic pass by.

The news of Quire being out in the world again concerned her. How he survived and what he is up to was her chief concern. It did mean she would need to get feelers out in the world. The warlords did not likely have what she did need and Cien not being around meant more conventional sources.

The funny thing with religion was they competed and often far more tricky than criminals. At least crooks you knew were lying. Dealing with this would be more negotiation and hopefully not many donations. For the moment though she had bad dudes to deal with hopefully without the Dragon Ninjas.
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 44 / 13%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 98
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 8

Franklin starts from the floor under the roof, then up to the roof, then down. He is a 670mph ghost. He is looking for anyone in an empty room. Which should be more obvious on the astral plane.

Double Dragon II was way more legit than 'Bad Dudes' as a game...
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 66/106
H.P.: 19/19[color=#FF0000]59/59[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+11 (+13 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+14
Dodge Bonus: +3/+13(+15 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
User avatar
Franklin Jefferson
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Jack Greenfield » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:52 pm

Perception 30% 1d100 = 84

JIC: 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 42

Satya wrote:"I have a street our 'bad dude' is on, its (insert street name). When did my life become a video game? So much for the simple life of hacking and info brokering."


Jack nods. "Tell me about it. All I signed up for was to help escort folks to safety. I didn't exect to get entwined in ... well, whatever this is."

He continues en route to the street Satya named.
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 84/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
User avatar
Jack Greenfield
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:35 pm

Jack Greenfield wrote:Perception 30% Original post: 1d100 = 84

JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 7
Original post: 1d100 = 42

Jack nods. "Tell me about it. All I signed up for was to help escort folks to safety. I didn't exect to get entwined in ... well, whatever this is."

He continues en route to the street Satya named.


"It always goes like this. I did my part long ago when Quint and I were part of a group helping. Seems the cause is not done with me. At least I can make friends with others..suppose there is that." she grins again, "That and with any luck that 'bad Dude' has a good Rolex we can use to pay off that church. It looks cozy if we get a fireplace installed.." She did feel a certain chattiness with Jack. perhaps because both were called in the same fashion? Either way, Eddie would get a message or two from her.
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Liam Mercer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 57/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 58
Conditions: Night Vision: 200' Astral Projection: Duration: 14:30 minutes.

Liam looks at the building in front of him, considering his options. Shrugging, Liam makes his way to the eastern wing and begins searching the upper floor first. While Liam does have the ability to move at sonic speeds, he goes at a slower speed than that so he can actually observe stuff. The added benefit of astral forms being his ability to ignore walls. Hmmm. If I were a shooter, where would I be hiding.
User avatar
Liam Mercer
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:32 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:23 pm

Franklin flies quickly through the school, figuring anyone in an empty room will be obvious. He overlooks the fact that a shooter is going to expect the police will be looking for him and want to have his position be hidden, especially if he is intending to be there long term. He quickly passes through the school and sees no one with a rifle, though he does see a few people looking out the windows with binoculars, most of which have a quality smart phone with them.

Alex sees nothing in any of the houses, but he does note that one or two of the cars with darkened windows are actually occupied. It would not be a good angle for shooting, but the placement of the cars might make a good spot to see people coming in to the voting sight.

Liam prowls as an astral cat, searching more carefully than Franklin did. He likewise sees the watchers with the binoculars, but finds nothing else on the upper floor. It seems likely that being high up would be a benefit for a shooter, if they are not on this floor, then either they are on the roof or not in this building.

Jack and Satya soon reach the police cordon and are told they will have to park their car and go on foot if they wish to continue into the area, though they are warned it is dangerous.
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37/28%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 27

Sighing, Alex looks around one last time just to be sure. Man, I don't want to be that guy, but I'm not seeing much choice. Who knows, maybe they are just being all innocent, but sitting in a car during the day like this. They are either a looking for a sniper, or doing drugs. Either way, this should be interesting.

Alex looks up and down the street, making sure there is no one coming, then walks over to the occupied car and knocks on the window. "Hey, could you be neighborly and roll down the window, I have a couple questions I think you might be able to answer for me." Alex then waits patiently for a response. Now lets hope they do the smart thing and don't force my hand here.

OOC Comments
If they try to start the car and make a run for it, Alex will hop on the hood and shift to Morphus and damn the daylight
Initiative: 1d20 = 18
Becoming Roll: 1d20+5 = 7
Note in Morphus Alex weighs just under 2.25 tons. Also has a HF of 18
Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:38 pm

<rolls held>

The closest car which is occupied is a Blue Mustang. Alex looks in the window and sees the person is doing something on a laptop. Looks like some kind of database search. He can not read the screen from this angle through the tinted glass. The person inside looks to be about a forty year old woman of Asian descent. Well, this is not what I was expecting at all. Lets see how this plays out.

She rolls down her window a crack, enough to talk through, but not enough to reach through, "May I help you?"

Alex smiles, “Ma’am, I was wondering if you had heard anything strange, like gunshots, or seen anything strange this morning?” he says in his most calm and reassuring voice. Here's hoping.

The lady responds, "I did not hear any gunshots, but I did see something strange. Not long ago a guy was walking down the sidewalk over there and collapsed like something hit him...with blood spurting out of his chest...then he stopped bleeding and started to decompose like a time lapse movie. Been afraid to step out of my car since I saw that." Now how does she see that and not hear anything? Hard to completely silence a rifle

Alex smiles, “Ma’am that is exactly the kind of thing I am looking for. Can you remember about what time this happened?”

She replies, "I did not check the clock, but it was about fifteen or twenty minutes ago." Okay, so that is close to the time I heard the odd noises. Still, hard to believe she didn't notice the time

“I see. Did you notice if any cars came or left since then?” replies Alex.

"I can not say I saw any, but I have been writing it up in my strange events blog, not watching cars," she states. Really? Writing a blog post right after she saw someone get shot? Sure, maybe she is hardcore like that, or maybe she was expecting it

“ I see. Well, you are safe in your car it seems, so unless you want an escort to the voting site I’ll leave you be ma’am .” Alex gives the lady a kind smile.

She says, "I ain't as brave as you are, I am not stepping out of this car until I hear the police captured the shooter. Thank ya kindly for the offer though." And how are you going to do that with no radio going?

“Of course ma’am. Be well.” Alex gives her another smile and then goes to check and see if any of the other cars are occupied. Something about that lady makes me think she knows more than she is saying. But short of shifting to Morphus and trying to scare the hell out of her and intimidate her into talking, nothing I can do for now.
Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Jack Greenfield » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:04 am

Perception 30% 1d100 = 14 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 12
1d100 = 13

Jack follows police instructions and proceeds on foot, focusing his senses on finding others of his kind (see Perception - if he gets within range)

"Lemme see if I can find our friend..."

As they travel, he attempts to move quickly and quietly, moving close to walls as much as possible to avoid being targeted by gunmen, while trying to ascertain where they might be.

Intelligence 36% 1d100 = 57 (FAIL)
Intelligence 36% 1d100 = 21 (SUCCESS)
Prowl 45% 1d100 = 44 (SUCCESS)

"Satya... I don't guess there's any chance you can pull video feed from traffic cameras, is there? Might be good to get a look at what happened."
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 84/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
User avatar
Jack Greenfield
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 69
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 48

"Satya... I don't guess there's any chance you can pull video feed from traffic cameras, is there? Might be good to get a look at what happened."


"Not a bad idea. If anyone has a home security camera or even store cam Might have something." she nods. looking for a spot to hack. A street cam with other cameras would help a great deal. She would need a spot but could do that.

"Let's see what we can find. A shooter would need high ground and a good angle or a place they can move in or out of quickly. Did they say if this shooter has a specific target or is this just random targets of opportunity?" she comments pulling her laptop bag to one shoulder. One she locates a spot looks for a Wi-Fi and starts up her VPN. Better to have a trace get redirected in another part of the city instead of here.

"Suppose he placed a weapon before election time? It would make it easier to get around without a weapon? Could be using a local weapon as well."Satya looks for a few days back as well in case the shooter placed the weapon before the event. She would have done that to beat security by not having to transport a weapon during high-security alerts and for any licensed weapons that might around. Using one that is local and owned by someone else could also beat the police lines or heightened alerts.

Computer Operation: 1d100 = 56 / 73%
Computer Hacking: 1d100 = 25 / 58%
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Liam Mercer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 77/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 38
Condition: Astral Form, Nightvision 200'

Liam shrugs at his conclusion, and begins floating trough the ceiling to get to the roof. Liam is humored by the ease of which he can move through the solid walls. I wonder what I will do if I find the shooter. Could I use may spells to affect him, likely not. Liam thinks as he continues his search.
User avatar
Liam Mercer
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:32 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54 / 10%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 86
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 8

Franklin follows Liam to the roof, saying, "If we don't find someone up here, I'm going to jump one of those guys with the walkie talkies. You think they're spotting for the shooter?"

You know, I thought that 'search the school' included checking the roof, which is both part of the school and where shooters normally are. Wow. I must be really off my game today.
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 66/106
H.P.: 19/19[color=#FF0000]59/59[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+11 (+13 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+14
Dodge Bonus: +3/+13(+15 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
User avatar
Franklin Jefferson
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:48 pm

Alex heads up the street to check for other occupied cars. He notes the suspicious fact that the occupied cares are located where the occupant will have a view of more than one street, close to the intersections and not obscured by any bushes.

Not far from the police blockade where the police stopped cars from passing, Jack senses a Nightbane, he follows his sense, playing hot and cold, until he locates a body hidden in the bushes. It appears to be in a trance (I am uncertain if he would recognize Liam, or if only Franklin know him).

Satya looks for cameras, the immediate area is residential, not commercial, so no shop security and there are no stop lights...but the place is a school and there are cameras to catch speeders in the school zone and cameras at some points inside the school...and of course there is the computer lab and a number of cameras there. As she checks the cameras, she sees a number of people with binoculars and cell phones in some of the upper floor rooms. She sees, as she checks the log, one of them sending a message about half an hour before, after apparently taking a picture with the camera on their phone out the window.

Franklin follows Liam up to the roof, he does not expect to find anything as he checked it before. Liam, however has a different perspective as a cat walking across the roof than Franklin did in a swift fly-over. Once they get close they realize someone has constructed a blind, designed to look like the background from a distance, probably to fool a helicopter doing a flyover.
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66/28%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 23

Alex looks up and down the street, noticing the cars with occupants. I know these people are connected with that shooting. I just need to get one to talk. Question is how? Alex looks at the old lady's car with frustration evident on his face. I'm certain she knows more than she said. Question is how much more and how to get her to talk. I'll bet my Morphus would scare her well enough. Maybe she will talk then. I know there are cameras around here, but if I have to I have to.

Alex walks back to the old ladies car, knocks on the window and says, "Listen lady, I know you were lying. I want the truth, now, or some very bad things are going to happen to you and your car. Like me ripping it apart. So talk."

If she rolls down the window to talk, Alex will talk to her.

If she doesn't, Alex will shift to his Morphus and proceed to follow with his threat on the car.
OOC Comments
Becoming roll 1d20+8 = 22
Initiative: 1d20 = 4
Action One: Shifting into Morphus
Action Two: Attacking the engine block of the car 1d20+9 = 28 Damage (1d6*10)+31 = 51
Action Three: Attacking the engine block of the car 1d20+9 = 20 Damage (1d6*10)+31 = 81
Action Four: Attacking the engine block of the car 1d20+9 = 10 Damage (1d6*10)+31 = 91
Action Five: Attacking the engine block of the car 1d20+9 = 25 Damage (1d6*10)+31 = 91
Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Next

Return to Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests