Election Mayhem

The world is threatened by darkness, monsters hide behind human faces and not everything is what it seems.

Moderators: Zilant, Game Masters, AGMs

Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:39 pm

A month has passed and the group has remained in touch but not actually coalesced. They have tentatively discussed employment as a group and getting a base where they can possibly stay and probably work from, but no definitive decisions have been made.

Early voting has been going on, and already accusations of rigged voting machines and intimidation tactics against voters have been flying. That is how things stand on voting day.

If anyone is checking the morning news, or looking on line, they will get the following information:

"This is starting out to be the most violent voting day in history. Even before the poles opened at 7:30 widespread acts of terror are being reported. At nearly all polling places across the eastern half of the country there have been people shot. Most governor are calling out the National Guard to prevent further assaults. Wild speculation abounds about who is behind the shootings, however it appears most of those shot have been registered Democrats. Democratic party spokesmen have issued a statement condemning the attempt to intimidate their party into not voting, as well as claiming after an anticipated victory they will get right to work on new gun laws."

"In other news, wild claims abound of tampering with mail-in ballots. One source claims that they saw a ballot change votes right before their eyes. Another source claims the machines that count mail-in ballots have been tampered with, Members of BOTH parties are requesting a court injunction preventing all mail-in votes from counting until the situation is dealt with."

"We also have reports of registered voters arriving at the polling place, only to find someone has already voted in their name. These reports come even from states with voter ID laws, no explanation of this has been forthcoming."
Zilant
Dimension Master

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 58 / 23%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 80

Franklin goes to his polling place to vote.

No way in hell people fought for my right to vote and I'm not going to honor that.

He votes against the Mayor.
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 61/96
H.P.: 18/18 [color=#FF0000]56/56[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+9 (+11 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+11
Dodge Bonus: +3/+10 (+12 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
Franklin Jefferson

Postby Jack Greenfield » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:27 am

Perception 30% 1d100 = 94

JIC: 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 60

On election day, Jack is forced to stay home. He is coasting under a new identity, and hadn't had time to register to vote in his new identity. He's also kinda sorta wanted for terrorist acts, so voting under his old identity is a bit of a "bad idea."

When he receives the text from Satya:
Satya wrote:"Its Satya, I hope this reaches you safe. I need to see you. Have a lead we need all need to check into. A big opportunity if it what I think it is. Meet me at the following *address of a local coffee place* Also have a church to show you."

... he goes to meet her at the designated place and time. When she sees him, she notes that he has shaved his unruly hair and grown out his goatee to change his look. "Hey Satya. How're things? What's this about a church?"

New identity information
New cover identity
Name: John Harker
Place of Birth: Cleveland, OH
Background: Born to an unwed mother in Cleveland, Harker attended school through the 10th grade and gained his G.E.D. before taking vocational training as a paramedic. He has moved to Toledo to seek new opportunities.

Ideally he will have all of the requisite paperwork (birth cert., SS card, driver's license, etc.) furnished to him by the Underground Railroad, whom he trusts are experts at relocating people thusly.
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 84/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
Jack Greenfield

Postby Liam Mercer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 5
Conditions: None.

Liam sits at his house the news playing as he gets ready for work. The news brings Liam to a slow halt, his tie half done. "That's just bloody great. So he's pulling out all the stops huh. Magic, doppelgangers, and whatever else he can pull up." Liam sighs and grabs his car keys. "Lets get this likely bad day started I guess." Liam again says to himself as he grabs his coat and heads out the door to his truck.

Liam follows the speed limit, and all traffic laws as he makes his way to his polling place. Once there Liam tries to vote if possible before then heading to work.

Vote
Against the Mayor obviously.

Once at work, Liam buckles down and does his job, occasionally checking the news for updates.
Liam Mercer

Postby Zilant » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:00 pm

While Liam and Franklin head towards their designated polling place, they both hit a roadblock...Literally! The Police have all the roads to the election site blocked and will give the following warning, "We have an active shooter situation, at least a half dozen people are dead already. We will not stop you if you want to risk your life, but be warned that we are not allowing any cars in or out of the area, so you will have to go on foot. There is a federal law on the books preventing the police from barring any registered voter from going to the polls to vote, though they WILL suggest that you can also vote at the county board of elections (which, they claim, is still free of shooters).

You have the choice of walking to the school (Garfield Elementary School, 1103 N. Ravine Parkway) or turning around to head to the board of elections.

Meanwhile, Jack has agreed to meet with Satya about the Lead she suggested they might want to check out. His ID is all prepared and hopefully able to pass most inspections. He heads to the specified coffee shop and waits for Satya to arrive.
Zilant
Dimension Master

Postby Satya Patel » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:06 pm

... he goes to meet her at the designated place and time. When she sees him, she notes that he has shaved his unruly hair and grown out his goatee to change his look. "Hey Satya. How're things? What's this about a church?"

"Nice look, I like it. The church for purchase is a tad small but should serve well.. as for Q ministries I have a suspicion an old boss of mine is running it. if he is this might be tricky. He is unbalanced and fighting the same war we are. Its something we need to look into He could be an ally or enemy of an enemy depending on his power base. He started a war with vampires and Nightbane..and could have won if he had significant resources. Quintivus Quire is from the same project that made me and he thinks big picture. Long story I will tell you later. If he is active he will be a threat to us." she stated plainly, but with a tone of genuine concern. As she spoke she calling up the ad for the church and showed it to Jack.

https://www.loopnet.com/for-sale/toledo ... ialty/?e=u
763 Vance St
Toledo, OH 43604 · 4,949 SF · Specialty For Sale
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jack Greenfield » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:06 am

Perception 30% 1d100 = 91

JIC: 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 12

Satya wrote:"Nice look, I like it. The church for purchase is a tad small but should serve well.. as for Q ministries I have a suspicion an old boss of mine is running it. if he is this might be tricky. He is unbalanced and fighting the same war we are. Its something we need to look into He could be an ally or enemy of an enemy depending on his power base. He started a war with vampires and Nightbane..and could have won if he had significant resources. Quintivus Quire is from the same project that made me and he thinks big picture. Long story I will tell you later. If he is active he will be a threat to us."

Jack absorbs this, and looks at the ad for the church.

This is as good a place as any to hole up. And maybe it's enough to keep vamps out, if tales are true.

"I like it. We need to scrape together, what? 10% of the asking price for a downpayment? And find a way to secure a loan for the rest. As for the rest... We have a lot going on, and I bet it goes deeper than any of us suspect, so we definitely need a place to lay it all out. As to Quire, we will need to be careful going forward if he's got a grudge against my people."

He sips his coffee and thinks for a minute. "Dunno how much you were told about the night we all met. Several different factions got played, all of us puppets of some ... big shadows somewhere. There's something next-level going down, and we've only seen it through a keyhole. I don't want to get played like that again. I think we need to pull together, each of us agents of a different faction for the most part, and stop being pawns. We need to share intel and set some goals. And the sooner the better."
Human form
Conditions:

Morphus Form
P.P.E. 84/175
Conditions:
Jack Greenfield

Postby Satya Patel » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 55/31%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 55

"I already looked into working for the warlords. 10% should be a good start, and if we have some sort of income that can be traced to keep the tax and cops off of us. Thinking something that is self-regulated and allows flexibility of skills." she pauses drinks some coffee before continuing, "I can set up licenses and accounts in offshore accounts for that. Thinking we raid our enemy a few times and sell the loot or take a few leal jobs as a business."

"Two very real possibilities are that Quire is playing them or being played. If he was playing, he will likely take it personally. I do agree, we need to make plays not responding to them. We have mages, Vampire hunters and Nightbane in the fight. The warlords seem to trust me..that is a start." she answers thinking a moment before speaking, "We have a war to win and not a lot of troops to win it with. I hate when I have to pick the least dangerous enemy.." she grins at Jack.

"Now we need to find the others and let them know. So scout an enemy or look at a church first?" Satya asks.
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jack Greenfield » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:54 am

(Rolls carried over)

Satya Patel wrote:"I already looked into working for the warlords. 10% should be a good start, and if we have some sort of income that can be traced to keep the tax and cops off of us. Thinking something that is self-regulated and allows flexibility of skills. I can set up licenses and accounts in offshore accounts for that. Thinking we raid our enemy a few times and sell the loot or take a few legal jobs as a business."

"Two very real possibilities are that Quire is playing them or being played. If he was playing, he will likely take it personally. I do agree, we need to make plays not responding to them. We have mages, Vampire hunters and Nightbane in the fight. The warlords seem to trust me..that is a start. We have a war to win and not a lot of troops to win it with. I hate when I have to pick the least dangerous enemy..."

"Now we need to find the others and let them know. So scout an enemy or look at a church first?"

Jack nods. "I'm not a leader... never have been. I'm a field operative, and historically I've worked more or less alone - though not because of any personal preference. My gut tells me to set up a safehouse first - a place we can retreat to if need be. Gather our resources - put the team together, inventory our assets, and plan. Then investigate. But that's just me - I'm used to relying on the Underground for intel and resources. What do you think - you seem to have your finger more on the pulse than I do."
Human form
Conditions:

Morphus Form
P.P.E. 84/175
Conditions:
Jack Greenfield

Postby Satya Patel » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:07 am

(retain rolls)

"Offshore and Swiss accounts work for the CIA..we can build for that but need starting capital. If we had income it would help us by providing cover and us to have a hidden cache easier. I'll need to hone up my business studies. but should be doable. The rest of you, no offense meant, do not seem the planning type on the surface." she adds with a nod.

"Plan for the worst hope for the best works for me." Satya said, "we still need cash, but a quick hack or lucky raid will cover that for now. And seeing as the other two have to yet to respond. We can do the leg work and save potential disappointment or give them time to answer. Being the impatient type..I'm leaning to saving disappointment." she nods with a sly grin then looking at the address and writes it down on a notepad, "Quire is dangerous enough to make the PAB and ADA worry. So I am inclined to agree with you. Let's see if our potential new home has any church mice." with that she sends a text to all of the team.
Text
"Checking the church out. if you need help or wish to join us send a text."
Last edited by Satya Patel on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 89 / 18%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 61

Franklin listens respectfully to the pigs, then draws Liam aside. "We're not going to Garbagetown Hall, right? This is clearly the Mayor trying to stop me... I mean us, from voting against him. Do you want to go in on foot and I'll go in intangible, invisible and supersonic, stop the shooter and save everyone's votes?"

Franklin looks off into the distance. "I guess what I'm asking is if you have a better solution than your being bait professor."
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 61/96
H.P.: 18/18 [color=#FF0000]56/56[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+9 (+11 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+11
Dodge Bonus: +3/+10 (+12 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
Franklin Jefferson

Postby Alex Kowalski » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 95/28%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 11

Being a supporter of voting rights, and not being registered to vote, Alex decides to work at one of the polling centers. Boring work but satisfying. After a while he hears some odd noises. He turns to one of the other poll workers and says "That sounded suspicious, I am going to go check it out"

He makes his way out of the school, trying to find the source of the sounds. Well, at least I'm not bored anymore.
PPE: 149/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
Shadow Meld 6 minutes
Magic Armor A.R. 14 130 S.D.C.
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Liam Mercer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 88/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 75
Conditions: Night Vision 200'

Franklin Jefferson wrote:Franklin listens respectfully to the pigs, then draws Liam aside. "We're not going to Garbagetown Hall, right? This is clearly the Mayor trying to stop me... I mean us, from voting against him. Do you want to go in on foot and I'll go in intangible, invisible and supersonic, stop the shooter and save everyone's votes?"

Franklin looks off into the distance. "I guess what I'm asking is if you have a better solution than your being bait professor."

Liam looks at his very strange companion. "My life has gotten at least three-fold weirder since I've met you. Why would I want to risk getting my Façade shot? That seems counter productive to being in hiding. I think going in from the Astral is actually a good idea, but not just you, both of us." Liam says with a clipped English accent.

"So either we're doing this or I'm heading down to the Board of Elections to vote."
Liam Mercer

Postby Zilant » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:23 am

Satya and Jack do a bit of discussion at their booth at the coffee shop and tentatively agree that setting up the safe house is the first step, if they can find a way to fund it. Satya sends out a message to Franklin, as he is the only one (other than the missing Simon), that she has a contact for.

Franklin asks about going astral and Liam inquires why they can not both use that route.

Alex has been pretty bored, very few voters have made it in, he hears something outside and informs the others he is going outside to see if he can find out what is going on.

He looks outside and sees something rather strange, he sees a pile of clothing lying on the sidewalk near a parked car.
Zilant
Dimension Master

Postby Alex Kowalski » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46 /28%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 95

Well that's odd, who leaves clothes out like that Alex makes sure he isn't being observed then casts shadow meld and magic armor on himself, and slips outside the building. Sticking to the shadows as much as possible, he makes his way over towards the pile of clothes.

Prowl 1d100 = 56/60% (from Shadow Melding)
Crime Scene Investigation 1d100 = 95/57%

OOC Comments
Shadow Meld will last 6 minutes
Magic Armor will last 3 minutes and has 130 SDC
PPE: 149/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
Shadow Meld 6 minutes
Magic Armor A.R. 14 130 S.D.C.
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Satya Patel » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 88

"Messages are out, We can go unless you have pressing business to attend. I still need to wait on the warlords reply on that job. So we can check out our future home and I can see if it is worth getting funds for it. No responses so they must be tied up and they did not call us so they probably are fine. Heres the address for the church..Ready when you are." She nods. and puts her laptop and such a way. She was concerned slightly at the lack of response from the text. It could work or any number of mundane issues. This made sense but once she checked the place out she'd give a phone call to the others and announce the good news. That and finding the cash.. that meant hacking. Easy enough to do in action tough to cover up the trail. Perhaps a call to the right people and a bit lucky loot? better to worry about that once they confirm the need to pay for the place.
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jack Greenfield » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:15 pm

Perception 30% 1d100 = 78 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 10
1d100 = 79

Satya wrote:"Messages are out, We can go unless you have pressing business to attend. I still need to wait on the warlords reply on that job. So we can check out our future home and I can see if it is worth getting funds for it. No responses so they must be tied up and they did not call us so they probably are fine. Heres the address for the church..Ready when you are."

Jack stands. "I'm ready now."

Jack will proceed with Satya to the church's address. As they go, Jack will run a search with his phone on the church's name and address, and see if it was ever in the news. Ideally, the place is nondescript, and unnoteworthy... if nothing's gone down there, then hopefully we'd draw less attention if we choose to buy it.

Research 40% 1d100 = 19 (SUCCESS)
Human form
Conditions:

Morphus Form
P.P.E. 84/175
Conditions:
Jack Greenfield

Postby Liam Mercer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 25/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/ 1d100 = 65
Conditions: Night Vision: 200'

Prowl: 1d100 = 25/25% Pass (To find a secluded spot to cast my spell.)

Astral Projection: 7 P.P.E.; Duration: 15 minutes.

Liam walks away from the area slightly in hopes of finding someplace relatively secluded to cast Astral Projection at. Dipping around the corner of a building and behind a bush, Liam quietly begins the casting of his spell, his hands moving in precise movements while he intones ancient Egyptian words to take his entire form into the Astral Realm.

Once the motions are complete and the words of power are spoken, Liam vanishes as a whole from the normal world and into the ghostly ethereal existence of the Astral Plane. He waits for Franklin to join him in the Astral before moving on to look for an active shooter in the school. The things I do to keep the world safe.
Liam Mercer

Return to Adventures