Election Mayhem

The world is threatened by darkness, monsters hide behind human faces and not everything is what it seems.

Moderators: Zilant, Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 78
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 71
The would-be detective:
"Good call on the camera check, I have something." she transfers them to her laptop, "a number of people with binoculars and cell phones in some of the upper floor rooms. also one of them sending a message about half an hour before, after apparently taking a picture with the camera on their phone out the window. " she said, "I'll try and find a location of them and where they were looking. If I can I will see about that sent message if it still is in the system.." she nods and looks pleased with the efforts so far.

"Let's hope our friends are having good luck too.." she added looking to jack, "How do we handle this?" she askes.

Skill checks:
OOC Comments
Computer Operation: 1d100 = 4/73%
Computer Programming: 1d100 = 15/63%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 56 /48%
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 79/58%
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Jack Greenfield » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:10 am

Perception 30% 1d100 = 36

JIC: 1d20 = 1
1d100 = 32

Following his Nightbane detection, Jack comes to Liam's body in the shrubbery. Whoa... Who are you? Alive - or you wouldn't be there - but... what? Unconscious?

"Satya..." When she comes over, he gestures quietly to Liam's body. "He's a psychomorph, a 'bane, like me. He's alive."

Jack kneels down and presses his fingers to Liam's throat to check for a pulse.

Paramedic 55% 1d100 = 35 (SUCCESS)
Lore: Nightbane 60% 1d100 = 53 (SUCCESS)

Pulse is slow but steady. He's not asleep exactly - no REM - so... maybe he's astral right now?

He looks concerned. "I... I gotta stay here until he wakes up. If I'm right, and someone moves his body... he's gonna ... it'll be bad."

"Can you do your thing from here? May be better if you duck inside for cover."
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 74/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
User avatar
Jack Greenfield
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:35 am

"I can do that here." she understood he wanted to stay here and in cover, someone'someones house was a good idea. Now to try and find a good image of the person who took the picture and sent the message. This was the sort of photo op a journalist might take. she had to be sure of the target in the quickest time.

Looking up student logs and checking the local buffers for messages and the images of this street might be a good start. It was still a huge haystack and knowing that the sender could shink it quickly.
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 10 / 10%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 23
Initiative: [dice}1d20+3[/dice]

Franklin points at the blind, then turns to Liam, "You want to go get your meat back on and tell that dude downstairs that you know me and we found the shooter? I figure, I give you a lead of about 2-5 minutes, then jump this guy? You can wait until you hear the tussle and come running up the stairs? Or do you want to take on the spotters while I'm handling Commander Stalingrad?"
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 66/106
H.P.: 19/19[color=#FF0000]59/59[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+11 (+13 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+14
Dodge Bonus: +3/+13(+15 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
User avatar
Franklin Jefferson
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Liam Mercer » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 43
Conditions: Astral Projection, Nightvision 200'.

Liam looks at the blind and shakes his head. Sicko's Liam thinks before looking at Franklin. "Yeah I'm gonna get back to my body and tell the cops. Then I'll Hustle up here as fast as I can." Liam says before rushing back towards his body's last resting place. A few seconds later Liam reaches his body and is being watched over. Hope they're friendly. Liam thinks as his body gasps and he lurches awake. "Well hello, you seem to have found my hiding spot. You wouldn't happen to be with the alien bug man who is a bit cryptic?" Liam asks as he gets up off the ground. "There is a shooter on the roof of the school hiding in a blind, likely making him unseen by the police aerial views. I'm going to let the police know and then go back up to see if I can help." Liam says in a bit of a rush as he starts making his way towards the police officer he spoke to earlier.
User avatar
Liam Mercer
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:32 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:59 pm

Jack is likely somewhat surprised when the body suddenly sits up, asks a question (which likely refers to Franklin, whom he HAS met) and then excuses himself to go talk to the police.

Liam rushes back to his body and quickly goes to inform the police of his discovery. The officer looks at Liam suspiciously, but calls in, "I have a civilian here who says he has reason to believe the perp is in a camouflaged blind on the roof of the school. I suggest we send a flyover with upgraded optics to see if he is correct."

He looks back at Liam, "I know you were not gone long enough to get to the school and back, not without having run the whole way. I would have seen you if you had run, so I do not know where you are getting your information, but if it pans out you are in for a reward. Would you like to leave your contact information so we can get in touch with you about the reward?"

Franklin is waiting, still astral, for Liam to return...not yet knowing the others are with him.

Satya sifts through images, ones with current time-date stamps and a location at or near the school. She finds a surprising number of them, including movie footage that shows someone apparently being shot and then decomposing in seconds. That one is less than half an hour ago on a site called "Pod People Watch". The funny thing is, the angle of that shot is all wrong, from the way the body fell and where the bullet holes appeared it was a shot from across the street, not from the roof.

OOC Comments
Used Satya's last set of rolls, so she gets the images from Pod People Watch, but not the ones from the other group which would require successful hacking.


The Lady in the car looks at Alex and seems to heave a sigh, she rolls down her window and says, "You will not believe the truth, but I will tell you. I have no idea who shot that guy, but that guy was not human. A lot of people got replaced on Dark Day by Pod People, they look just the same, but are not human. They are stronger, heal faster, and follow orders from elsewhere...we are not sure where. A Bunch more of them are out today, voting while the real people are working. We are trying to stop them from taking over. I do not think you are one of them or I would not be telling you this. Now if you don't believe me, then just leave me to my delusions, OK?"
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 43/28%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 74

Zilant wrote:The Lady in the car looks at Alex and seems to heave a sigh, she rolls down her window and says, "You will not believe the truth, but I will tell you. I have no idea who shot that guy, but that guy was not human. A lot of people got replaced on Dark Day by Pod People, they look just the same, but are not human. They are stronger, heal faster, and follow orders from elsewhere...we are not sure where. A Bunch more of them are out today, voting while the real people are working. We are trying to stop them from taking over. I do not think you are one of them or I would not be telling you this. Now if you don't believe me, then just leave me to my delusions, OK?"


Okay, so her information isn't exactly wrong, just seems based off some crazy science fiction conspiracy theory. What to do, what to do. Alex gives the lady a good long look. frowning a little, then he takes a deep breath "They are not pod people. They are doppelgangers. And really, shooting them is just going to bring worse things down on your head. How many shooters are with you, and where are they? I am willing to bet the police are already planning to bring in a 'SWAT' team to handle this. It would probably be best if you called your people and told them to clear out before anyone gets seriously hurt. And no, none of that is on record. You humans need to be more careful about involving yourselves with things like this." Alex snorts a little, gives the lady a thin smile, and then waits to see her reaction. If she is as smart as she thinks she is, she will call her people and they will leave before this gets bloody. If not, well, at least I can say I tried to protect the humans, not my fault if they willfully choose to be stupid.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:36 am

(Alex's actions will change what else is happening, thus a supplemental post.)
The woman in the car presses the PANIC BUTTON, intended for if she is confronted by a proven Pod Person or other enemy. This has immediate results.

First: The sniper on the roof takes aim at Alex, meaning his gun is now poking out of the blind. This will be visible to Franklin.

Second: The camera on the woman's tablet is now live on the internet, which will be visible to Satya. The woman says to Alex, "You you say the Pod People are called Doppelgangers, what can you tell me about them?"
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:05 am

It's just like being on youtube! Everybody knows

"We have a problem, Jack. Someone just became an internet sensation. Do you either of you recognize him?" she askes showing the image briefly. It was more to see if Jack knew him, "If I can see this so can the police. And I'd bet they monitor sites like this. so at this point, we can expect trouble. Can you contact, Franklin? let him know things just became exciting and we now officially on the net. I swear I should charge these people..." she grumbles at the thought of the cash she could get for pulling a clean-up operation like this.

great, now we need to keep an eye out for old friends. Let's hope Q Ministries is not what I think because if he does he will be monitoring the net. Last thing I need Quint involved. She attempts the same hack as before. But now she could narrow it down. If the message sent was from the Pod people hunters that would help. and that live feed did give her a target to cross-reference. One with a friend and contact list to use a base to find the message handles and better monitor them.

Telling by the set they were at least familiar with tech. This means they probably used it a lot. This meant public visibility and she did not need that. Project MKII, Quint, PAB and ADA were not the kind of attention she needed. once she could ID who to block it would be easier.

Skill:
OOC Comments
Computer Operation 1d100 = 22 / 73%
Computer Programming 1d100 = 22 / 63%
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 78 / 58%
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 4 / 58%
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Jack Greenfield » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:06 am

Perception: 30% 1d100 = 99

JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 70


Liam wrote:"You wouldn't happen to be with the alien bug man who is a bit cryptic?"


Jack laughs. "I know the guy."

Liam wrote:"There is a shooter on the roof of the school hiding in a blind, likely making him unseen by the police aerial views. I'm going to let the police know and then go back up to see if I can help."


Jack sighs, as Liam runs off. And in broad daylight too. With cameras around. He looks to Satya.

Satya wrote:"We have a problem, Jack. Someone just became an internet sensation. Do you either of you recognize him?"


Jack looks over her shoulder at the video of Alex talking to someone in a car. "I know him too. Alex. Last time I saw him was on the 'other side'. Looks like the gang's all together again."

Satya wrote:"If I can see this so can the police. And I'd bet they monitor sites like this. So at this point, we can expect trouble. Can you contact, Franklin? let him know things just became exciting and we now officially on the net. I swear I should charge these people..."


Jack shakes his head. "Franklin?" Right, He thinks, remembering his discussions with satya over the past week. She knows his real name. He told us his name was Morty or whatever. Weird dude. "Yeah, I'll text him."

He pulls out his cellphone and sends "Franklin" a text. Jack and Satya here. Alex on video - talking about pod people? Shooter on roof - and I think you know the guy whose body I found in a shrub down here - or he knew you. Where do you need us? He hits send.

"I gave him a sitrep... do we need to focus on that shooter? If I get close enough, I can shift, go to shadow, and slip into his blind without making too much fuss... but after that all bets are off, and I'd really like my true form not to be painted all over the internet."

"Ideas?"
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 74/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
User avatar
Jack Greenfield
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:39 am

"Unless heroes in spandex are a thing we need to blend in. Police, school security or something else with a uniform that people see a lot. I'd say Swat..but they are not here yet. I can even put us in the system in case they check us out. Staying out of sight and getting to the shooter first is key. we both know what will happen to the shooter." she nods.

"we get into a house or area out of sight and you can do your thing. Afterwards, I can do try to do damage control. Live video is tough to cancel though and if I get lucky find out where they are. I can try that." the woman gave a slight sigh looking about for a house near the shooter.

Skills:if needed
OOC Comments
Computer Hacking: 1d100 = 37 / 58%
Computer Hacking: 1d100 = 93 / 58%
Cryptography: 1d100 = 9 / 48% (Disable feed)
Cryptography: 1d100 = 16 / 48% (Tracfe feed)
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:17 pm

<rolls held>

Zilant wrote:The woman says to Alex, "You you say the Pod People are called Doppelgangers, what can you tell me about them?"


Jeez, this lady isn't the brightest bulb in the pack is she? Alex gives the lady a friendly smile, and says in his most calming voice, "Lady, I'm just offering you some free advice, so you and your companions don't get hurt. I'm not here to answer all your questions. I'm trying to do the friendly and helpful thing here. If you don't want to listen, I can't help you beyond that. I'm sorry." After saying that, Alex gives the lady one last smile, waves his hand at her, and starts to walk back towards the school.

Alex doesn't really trust her to not panic and have her friend shoot him, so after he turns from her he quietly whispers the words to his armoring spell, as a just in case. He makes sure he is walking at a brisk pace towards the school, to minimize the dangers to himself.

-10 P.P.E.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Jack Greenfield » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:12 am

(rolls carried over)

Satya wrote:"Unless heroes in spandex are a thing we need to blend in."


Jack smirks. "Spandex? What are they... aerobics heroes?"

Satya wrote:"we get into a house or area out of sight and you can do your thing."


Jack nods, and looks for the school. "Best if I can get inside the school... though... approaching it might be difficult."

Jack looks instead for manhole covers. Specifically, one nearby, and one near the school.

Hop inside, assume Morphus, shadow slide into the sewer, over to the school, shadow slide out, and I'm in. Make my way to the roof, and bingo bango bongo, put the shooter down.

Perception: 30% 1d100 = 30 (looking for manholes nearby and near the school - SUCCESS)
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 74/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
User avatar
Jack Greenfield
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 78 / 13%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 4
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 16

Franklin sees this random school shooter pointing a gun at his... friend? Whatever Alex is.

He drifts down, fast as thought, wraps his ghost-touchers around the barrel, and turns solid.

"Surprise, sucker!" he says. "No more recreating... Jesus. There are just a LOT of school shootings. God. Why would you DO this?!?"

He's not an evil robot?!?

Action 1 - Turn Physical
Action 2 - Rip gun out of shooter's hands (vs. PS?)
Action 3 - Try to Knock Shooter Unconscious 1d20+11 = 22 - Damage 5d6+19 = 32
Action 4 - Try to Knock Shooter Unconscious 1d20+11 = 21 - Damage 5d6+19 = 30
Action 5 - Try to Knock Shooter Unconscious 1d20+11 = 27 - Damage 5d6+19 = 39

CONDITIONS
Once the gun is removed from the shooter's hands, Franklin immediately takes it astral with him. If he doesn't get a grip on the gun immediately, he knocks the shooter unconscious, takes the gun and goes astral.

SOME PARRIES
1d20+14 = 31, 1d20+14 = 22, 1d20+14 = 34, 1d20+14 = 31, 1d20+14 = 17, 1d20+14 = 18, 1d20+14 = 29, 1d20+14 = 28,
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 66/106
H.P.: 19/19[color=#FF0000]59/59[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+11 (+13 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+14
Dodge Bonus: +3/+13(+15 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
User avatar
Franklin Jefferson
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:20 am

(Note: In the future, please remember to include an Initiative roll, Alex.)

Alex appearing on the Pod People watch site causes immediate action, Satya quickly attempts to hack in and shut off the camera. Jack tries to Text Franklin (though he can not get the text while Astral).

Alex turns to leave, the shooter on the roof prepares to fire, but the gun is suddenly snatched from him by a butterfly-man who suddenly appears grabs the gun, and says, "Surprise, sucker! No more recreating... Jesus. There are just a LOT of school shootings. God. Why would you DO this?!?"

The Butterfly-man vanishes with the rifle without waiting for an answer. The shooter talks on a walky-talky, "The Masters are here, at least TWO them. Abandon site!"

The footage of Alex stops (though Satya did not turn it off, she did manage to delete it as soon as the feed stopped, though the original is likely still on the Tablet).

Down below, the watchers in the cars start their vehicles. The female in the car closest to Alex attempts to run him down in passing.

Alex, fortunately for him, had cast his Mystic Armor spell and is only bumped about, not hurt.

Alex can hear a helicopter in the distance, drawing closer...
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 26/28%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 25

Alex picks himself up off the ground with a sigh as he watches the woman's car flee. Well that was rather rude, considering I was trying to help her. I wonder what set them off. Seems like they are all leaving. Alex wonders if it could have been another Nightbane that triggered them, and focuses for a moment to try and sense any nearby Nightbane.

Sense Nightbane 360' radius 1d100 = 29/28%

As soon as Alex hears the helicopter, he runs towards the school, hoping to get inside before it passes overhead. That has to be a police helicopter, I really don't want to be out in the open when it passes by. Pretty sure they wouldn't care about innocence, they just need someone to put in front of the cameras to blame. Not going to be me.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 23 / 13%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 14
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 11

"Masters of Toledo" would be a good band name. What to do, what to do - go investigate the helicopter or follow this moron?

Since the shooter seemingly can't see Franklin, Franklin decides to follow his idiot ass back to whatever meeting point he's going to.

It's only when he gets out of the school and notices that all the other people scattered that Franklin realizes they're probably all going to lay low for God knows how long.

Ugh, this is going to take a while. I hope the Professor and the others don't think I'm dead or something. Can't lose this opportunity, though... I wonder if I have to go to the bathroom when I'm on the astral plane.
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 66/106
H.P.: 19/19[color=#FF0000]59/59[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+11 (+13 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+14
Dodge Bonus: +3/+13(+15 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
User avatar
Franklin Jefferson
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:34 am

Perception: 1d100 = 75
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 28

"not a good spot for me.." she thinks. With shooters and schools and her carrying a weapon, even with a licence, there would be questions she did not want to answer. Satya was not any help anyway. Being token human was not all it was cracked up to be. It was a combat op and Satya was not a combat operative.

It was time to fade before they sealed the area any worse. "better keep jack up to date.." she thinks. These pod people were of interest as well she had a few ideas for communication with astral and mystical types that would need certain specialists her old friend Eddie and if absolutely needed her former ally Quinton might be able to help her with. It would also let her find Quint easier. with that, she leaves the school and looks for a bus or taxi.

Sent text to Jack:
"leaving site not fond of birds. will hook up later be careful. have some leads to look up."
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Jack Greenfield » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:16 am

Perception: 30% 1d100 = 74 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 3
1d100 = 80

As Jack begins to move toward the school he is surprised by the sound of several vehicles pulling away.

Satya wrote:"leaving site not fond of birds. will hook up later be careful. have some leads to look up."


Birds? Jack looks up, looking for whatever it is she means. Jack texts back. "Let's transmit a rendez-vous point to all. Need to compare notes."

Jack moves back toward where Liam's body was, and again uses his Nightbane sense to try to get an idea of what's going on.

Perception: 30% 1d100 = 96 (FAIL)
Perception: 30% 1d100 = 88 (FAIL)
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 74/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
User avatar
Jack Greenfield
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:54 am

The sudden rush of cars leaving the area catches the police off guard. Most of the officers scramble for their cars (which likely tells those in the know that there are several blocks set up requiring police manpower so they can not call for backup). The outgoing cars roll over the "stop strips" without being slowed much (which likely means they have "ride on flat" tires of some kind).

Liam finds himself deserted by the officer he was talking to. As the path appears clear, he can head to the school at any time.

Franklin follows the shooter back into the building, where he enters a room and changes clothing to that of a janitor. He then proceeds to start pushing a trash bucket around to various rooms, doing common cleaning chores. Apparently he is following the "Hide in Plain Sight" approach.

Alex enters the school and returns to his post. One of the other poll workers asks him, "What is going on out there?"

Jack returns to where he found Liam, still sensing only Liam from where he is, he moves on towards the school. When he gets a bit closer he can sense the presence of other Nightbane ahead. (If he goes inside, he will Recognize Alex as one and vice versa.)
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Liam Mercer » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:57 am

Perception: 1d100 = 99/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18; 1d100 = 100
Conditions: Nightvision 200'

Liam looks around a little confused, then shrugs. Well that works I guess. Liam thinks as he makes his way to the school, trying to catch up to the other nightbane. "I'm Liam by the way, hell of a day we're having here aren't we." Liam says with a muted English accent. "Do you think our mutual friend got the shooter?" Liam asks with a hint of concern.
User avatar
Liam Mercer
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:32 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Jack Greenfield » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:11 am

Perception: 30% 1d100 = 72

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 65

When Jack returns to where Liam was, he sees Liam has returned.

Liam wrote:"I'm Liam by the way, hell of a day we're having here aren't we."


Jack reaches out to shake his hand. "Par for the course in Glass City. I'm Jack. My friend who was here with me is Satya - I think she slipped away. And the guy they caught on video is Alex... he's one of us too. And with our mutual friend of course - whatever name he may have given you - is everyone I've seen here."

Liam wrote:"Do you think our mutual friend got the shooter?"


Jack nods. "More like than not... I was heading that way myself but I think he got there first - the way all the looky-loos are scrambling out of here I think they know their op is scratched."

Jack produces a small blank scrap of paper and scrawls a few numbers on it, handing it to Liam.

"That's me, Satya, and our other friend... I've been calling him Morty, but I don't know what he tells you his name is. He's got a different name for each pair of undies he owns, it seems." Jack pulls out his phone. "Gimme your number and I'll stick it in here... I like to have folks I can trust on standby - we may want to meet and compare notes."

As he leaves, he heads towards the school, potentially running into Alex as he makes his way inside.

Perception: 30% 1d100 = 49 (to try to locate Alex using Nightbane sensing)

If Jack runs into Alex at any point

"There he is, Mr. TV Star. Can I get your autograph?" Jack smiles, pulling out his phone. "A contact number will do. After we got separated on the other side I realized I hadn't got your digits, and I think we should stay in touch, compare notes. Lord knows I could use some friends in this town."

Jack will also provide a piece of paper to Alex with contact info for Satya, Franklin, Liam, and himself on it. "That's the rest of us who were here today... Morty there was with us the other night... the others're new, but I trust 'em."

Conspiratorially, he offers, "I think something serious is going down... We stumbled into something big, and I don't think we'll fix it flying solo."
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 74/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
User avatar
Jack Greenfield
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:03 am

"Let's transmit a rendez-vous point to all. Need to compare notes."


"Agree, will meet you at the school near the front desk? I don't feel like testing luck at the moment." she texts back and heads to the school.

finally some organization she thinks. It was best to look part of the scene. she was a tech specialist so it was a matter of looking like a prospective or existing tech support staff. In fact, she could add a profile with a fake name later to keep her cover if needed.
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24/28%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 4

Zilant wrote:Alex enters the school and returns to his post. One of the other poll workers asks him, "What is going on out there?"


Alex looks at the poll worker, "Nothing I could see. I may need to call it a day though. I'm not feeling to well." Alex rubs his stomach like he is having problems with it. I really do not like the idea of staying here, there will be to many cops, and all I need is for them to have someone who might have seen me at the nightclub.

Jack Greenfield wrote:"There he is, Mr. TV Star. Can I get your autograph?" Jack smiles, pulling out his phone. "A contact number will do. After we got separated on the other side I realized I hadn't got your digits, and I think we should stay in touch, compare notes. Lord knows I could use some friends in this town."

Jack will also provide a piece of paper to Alex with contact info for Satya, Franklin, Liam, and himself on it. "That's the rest of us who were here today... Morty there was with us the other night... the others're new, but I trust 'em."

Conspiratorially, he offers, "I think something serious is going down... We stumbled into something big, and I don't think we'll fix it flying solo."


Alex is surprised to see Jack. He gives a small wave, and a smile, and walks up to him. "What do you mean TV Star? It is good to see you, I think it has been to long. Yeah, you can have my number." Alex gives Jack his phone number quickly, then adds in the other numbers as well. Not who I was expecting to see today. Still, this might be for the best. I can't do anything about those nutters on my own. "If you don't mind, give me a moment to tell them I'm leaving and then let's go someplace else to talk?"

Alex looks over at the other poll workers, "Tell them I am taking off sick. My stomach issues are just going to get worse.

Alex walks out to the hallway, hoping Jack follows him, and whispers to him, "I agree, something serious is going down. That wasn't a lone individual, that was a well organized team, although the one I talked to sounded like a complete nutter. got anyplace we can go and compare notes?" I hope he does, if I bring him back to the safe house, the bosses will have a shit fit. And maybe he knows the other guy that was at the club that night, could be the start of something nice.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 4 / 13%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 18
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 19

Franklin watches the guy puttering around as a janitor for a few seconds, making sure he's not just going to bolt for the door. Then he drifts into an empty neighboring room, feeling safe that he can catch up with this guy.

Franklin then drops out of the astral long enough to text Jack and Satya, "Ghosting Mr. Point and Click. If you run into a scruffy dude, with catlike tendencies, he knows me."

Franklin then flips back into the astral, re-acquires his janitorial target, and takes up following him.
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 66/106
H.P.: 19/19[color=#FF0000]59/59[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+11 (+13 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+14
Dodge Bonus: +3/+13(+15 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
User avatar
Franklin Jefferson
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Liam goes with Jack to the school, where they encounter Alex. Satya joins them by an alternate route. Franklin pops back in to normal reality long enough to check his texts and text back.

The Poll workers inform you that use of electronic communications is forbidden in the voting area and ask if anyone is registered to vote in this district.

Alex tell the Poll Workers that he is not feeling well and asks if he can be excused. So far the polling place is not exactly busy, but they do ask if he can wait until a replacement can arrive.

Franklin follows the shooter around, and soon they reach one of the rooms where the watchers with the binoculars still are. Oddly enough they turn around still holding up the binoculars and seem to focus on Franklin. The gunman sees startled to see them here.
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Jack Greenfield » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:15 am

Perception: 30% 1d100 = 16

JIC: 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 55

Alex wrote: "What do you mean TV Star?"


As Jack is about to answer, Satya shows up. "Alex, meet Satya and Liam. Liam, Satya, this is Alex. Alex - that woman you were talking to was broadcasting. Video of you showed up online. Satya can show you."

At that moment, Jack receives Franklin's text. He steps outside - briefly - to read and respond, before coming back in.

Franklin wrote:"Ghosting Mr. Point and Click. If you run into a scruffy dude, with catlike tendencies, he knows me."


He replies. "Have met Liam. Going to have a get together. We'll let you know where/when."

Returning to the others, He hears the poll workers tell Alex that he has to wait until a replacement arrives. Jack gets an idea, and flashes his paramedic ID. "Hey - I'm John. Did you say you were having stomach issues? There's a pretty contagious strain of viral gastroenteritis going around. Mind if I examine you?"

If Alex complies, Jack goes through the motions, checking his temperature (though being careful not to show the results to anyone) and checking his throat and nasal passages with his penlight.

Paramedic 55% 1d100 = 81 (to look like he's doing a legit field examination - FAIL but I'm not sure anyone but another paramedic/EMT or a doctor would notice)

He covers his mouth and turns to the poll workers. "This man has viral gastroenteritis. He's highly contagious. I'd suggest he go to the doctor immediately." He points to another poll worker. "You. Go find some Lysol and spray down everything this man has touched."

Turning back to Alex, he puts his hands on his shoulders and starts escorting him out. "You need to be out of populated places, sir."

He then escorts Alex out of the School.

Once they've gotten a fair distance away, he notes, "Satya and I have been working on organizing a resistance. This goes beyond our factions, I think, and we should trade notes and pool our resources to whatever degree possible. The May..." He stops short. "This thing going on... is capitalizing on the factions working at cross purposes. To whatever extent we can bring them together - even if that just takes the form of us... cooperating - Well, we'll have to get that sorted when we have a chance to talk privately."
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 74/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
User avatar
Jack Greenfield
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:55 am

she follows and allows John to do his thing. Liam looked scruffy but had a glimmer of smarts. a certain aura of knowledge. Regardless Jack did give her an idea she would set his id as a paramedic. They could travel with relative ease and tended to be overlooked. It could help him blend. once away from the crowds, she speaks more freely

"Good to meet you, I'm Satya. Jack is right we can't win alone. I am already working on the Warlords trust, and I have another contact. A third potential ally as well but one we need to check him out. I believe we may be able to get these pod people on our side in time too. John and I can't organize this alone. We won't be able to organize fast enough. to do this we will need co-operation from others that may not like one type or another. Something to think about. the offer is on the table if you want in." he looked at Liam gauging his response, "oh and we have a base soon as I get the down payment." she adds with a grin.

"But down to the matter what about our shooter? we have a group but need to determine if they and the shooter are linked. If they are with or against us is also a factor we don't know. Capturing the shooter before the cops do would help." she stated plainly.
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89/28%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 24

Jack Greenfield wrote:As Jack is about to answer, Satya shows up. "Alex, meet Satya and Liam. Liam, Satya, this is Alex. Alex - that woman you were talking to was broadcasting. Video of you showed up online. Satya can show you."


Alex gives a short nod to Satya and Liam. "Pleasure. And yeah, when there is time I would love to see this video." Another 'Bane, interesting. The girl must be human though, not sensing anything from her. I guess Jack keeps her around for a reason.

Jack Greenfield wrote:Returning to the others, He hears the poll workers tell Alex that he has to wait until a replacement arrives. Jack gets an idea, and flashes his paramedic ID. "Hey - I'm John. Did you say you were having stomach issues? There's a pretty contagious strain of viral gastroenteritis going around. Mind if I examine you?"

If Alex complies, Jack goes through the motions, checking his temperature (though being careful not to show the results to anyone) and checking his throat and nasal passages with his penlight.

He covers his mouth and turns to the poll workers. "This man has viral gastroenteritis. He's highly contagious. I'd suggest he go to the doctor immediately." He points to another poll worker. "You. Go find some Lysol and spray down everything this man has touched."

Turning back to Alex, he puts his hands on his shoulders and starts escorting him out. "You need to be out of populated places, sir."


Alex turn back to the poll workers, "See, I told you, not feeling well at all. I don't want to get any of you, or the voters sick. I think it is in everyone's best interests if I go get some proper medical care." And the Emmy goes to...well, hopefully anyway. I hope they bought it. Even if they didn't I'll be long gone anyway. Time to blow this joint, get to work finding out what was going on with those nutters, and what kind of damage they are trying to cause.

Alex turns away, and walks out with Jack, keeping one hand over his stomach to keep up the illusion of stomach pain. As soon as they are out of the school, Alex quits pretending to be sick, and walks away with Jack and the others. Okay Jack, what exactly is going on here. Last I saw you, you were pulling a solo game.

Jack Greenfield wrote:Once they've gotten a fair distance away, he notes, "Satya and I have been working on organizing a resistance. This goes beyond our factions, I think, and we should trade notes and pool our resources to whatever degree possible. The May..." He stops short. "This thing going on... is capitalizing on the factions working at cross purposes. To whatever extent we can bring them together - even if that just takes the form of us... cooperating - Well, we'll have to get that sorted when we have a chance to talk privately."


"Well, you've been busy. I'll agree, some things go beyond factional boundaries, although you seem to be talking about something more specific than just the Nightlords. Trading notes is fine, working together is fine, but if it going to work, there needs to be a certain amount of honesty involved. Not necessarily trading faction secrets, but at the minimum a sharing of intelligence on what is going on." Alex pauses for a moment, eyeing the others as if weighing his options then continues, "I'm sure we can work something out though. And bringing together some factions is impossible, sometimes there are fundamental differences that makes large scale cooperation unworkable. But as you say, lets find someplace a bit more private and we can hash out the details more." Well, Jack has been busy, this isn't something I would have expected. This goes a bit past rescuing a 'Bane in distress. I guess I'll find out more of what he has in mind we can talk privately.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:33 pm

"Alex, I assure you we can do something. Fundamental differences can change in the right conditions. You just need the right motivations. As I told Liam, we have a plan we just need people and support. No single faction can win this. Believe me, I know I once had an old friend try to to do that and he failed. It is why I am here." she added.

"As for a private place. I think I have one in mind." she looked to Jack, "We should show them the new home we have in mind..and we might get a third Church mouse depending on how many saw that broadcast before I shut it down." she looks at Alex.
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:49 pm

<rolls held>

Satya Patel wrote:"Alex, I assure you we can do something. Fundamental differences can change in the right conditions. You just need the right motivations. As I told Liam, we have a plan we just need people and support. No single faction can win this. Believe me, I know I once had an old friend try to to do that and he failed. It is why I am here." she added.

"As for a private place. I think I have one in mind." she looked to Jack, "We should show them the new home we have in mind..and we might get a third Church mouse depending on how many saw that broadcast before I shut it down." she looks at Alex.


"I am glad you think that fundamental differences can be overcome, but I really have a hard time seeing vampires working with guardians and vice versa. That is the kind of fundamental differences I am talking about." Must be nice to believe that all the groups can work together. Most, sure, they aren't directly opposed to each other, just have little in common. Others though? Yeah, right. When a groups purpose is the destruction of another, I don't see how they can work together. Alex smiles at Satya, "I suppose a little bit of optimism never killed anyone."

"And if you a place we can talk in private, lead on. I really don't think we should stay on the streets here for long. And honestly, how was I to know that nutter was trying to have me live on the internet?"
Last edited by Alex Kowalski on Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:42 pm

"Vampires are not the kind to play nice with anyone. expecting them to co-operate would a little too optimistic. Playing the vampires against our enemy to our advantage is doable but can be messy. Remind me to tell you about my old job one day." she adds with a shrug.

"The 'war of shadows' can wait for the moment we do have a crisis here, and Optimism is always good. What is the status of our shooter? if we can't catch at least getting an ID on him would be nice. any of you see him?" she asked.
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:49 pm

<rolls held>

Satya Patel wrote:"Vampires are not the kind to play nice with anyone. expecting them to co-operate would a little too optimistic. Playing the vampires against our enemy to our advantage is doable but can be messy. Remind me to tell you about my old job one day." she adds with a shrug.

"The 'war of shadows' can wait for the moment we do have a crisis here, and Optimism is always good. What is the status of our shooter? if we can't catch at least getting an ID on him would be nice. any of you see him?" she asked.


"Eh, I know more than a few vampires who fight not only against the Nightlords but other vampires as well. Life isn't always black and white. Sadly guardians don't see it that way. And sure, there is a crisis here. Or at least there was. I would assume that when his spotters left the shooter would have left as well. I never saw him however. I am pretty sure they are not happy with me, the nutter I had been talking to ran me over with her car." Well that is the way I look at it anyway. Maybe that crazy bitch just wasn't paying attention.

"And is someone missing from this party? Jack gave me four numbers, but I only see three of you."
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10 / 13%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 83
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 19

Franklin sees both that his janitor friend is startled, apparently not recognizing this peeping Tom, and that the Tom can potentially see him. He decides to let this play out.

Things are about to get sexy...

If the peeper drops his goggles and attacks Franklin, he's ready to defend himself. If the new kid tries to jump Franklin's pet cleaner, Franklin is holding action to interpose himself and save Johnny Trashcan.
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 66/106
H.P.: 19/19[color=#FF0000]59/59[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+11 (+13 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+14
Dodge Bonus: +3/+13(+15 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
User avatar
Franklin Jefferson
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Liam Mercer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 90/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 43
Conditions: 200' Nightvision.


Jack Greenfield wrote:Jack reaches out to shake his hand. "Par for the course in Glass City. I'm Jack. My friend who was here with me is Satya - I think she slipped away. And the guy they caught on video is Alex... he's one of us too. And with our mutual friend of course - whatever name he may have given you - is everyone I've seen here."



Liam nods, but doesn't say anything. Changing forms in broad daylight seems an act of desperation. Liam thinks to himself.


Jack Greenfield wrote:Jack nods. "More like than not... I was heading that way myself but I think he got there first - the way all the looky-loos are scrambling out of here I think they know their op is scratched."

Jack produces a small blank scrap of paper and scrawls a few numbers on it, handing it to Liam.

"That's me, Satya, and our other friend... I've been calling him Morty, but I don't know what he tells you his name is. He's got a different name for each pair of undies he owns, it seems." Jack pulls out his phone. "Gimme your number and I'll stick it in here... I like to have folks I can trust on standby - we may want to meet and compare notes."


Liam nods as well. When the scrap of paper is handed to him, he smiles once more. "I'll call as soon as I add it to my phone." Liam says quickly looking over the numbers before putting them in his pants pocket.

Liam follows to the school.

Satya Patel wrote:"Good to meet you, I'm Satya. Jack is right we can't win alone. I am already working on the Warlords trust, and I have another contact. A third potential ally as well but one we need to check him out. I believe we may be able to get these pod people on our side in time too. John and I can't organize this alone. We won't be able to organize fast enough. to do this we will need co-operation from others that may not like one type or another. Something to think about. the offer is on the table if you want in." he looked at Liam gauging his response, "oh and we have a base soon as I get the down payment." she adds with a grin.


Liam smiles and shakes Satya's hand. "Pleasure to meet you." Liam says politely while looking at the others. "I wonder where the young one is?" Liam says to no one in particular.

Satya Patel wrote:"But down to the matter what about our shooter? we have a group but need to determine if they and the shooter are linked. If they are with or against us is also a factor we don't know. Capturing the shooter before the cops do would help." she stated plainly.


Liam shrugs. "Found him in a blind on the roof. Real professional set up, but given the state of affairs the last few years Militia nutjobs are all far too common." Liam says giving as educated a guess as he can.

Alex Kowalski wrote:Alex gives a short nod to Satya and Liam. "Pleasure. And yeah, when there is time I would love to see this video." Another 'Bane, interesting. The girl must be human though, not sensing anything from her. I guess Jack keeps her around for a reason.


Liam nods back. "Likewise."

Alex Kowalski wrote:"Well, you've been busy. I'll agree, some things go beyond factional boundaries, although you seem to be talking about something more specific than just the Nightlords. Trading notes is fine, working together is fine, but if it going to work, there needs to be a certain amount of honesty involved. Not necessarily trading faction secrets, but at the minimum a sharing of intelligence on what is going on." Alex pauses for a moment, eyeing the others as if weighing his options then continues, "I'm sure we can work something out though. And bringing together some factions is impossible, sometimes there are fundamental differences that makes large scale cooperation unworkable. But as you say, lets find someplace a bit more private and we can hash out the details more."


"I've dealt with a few of the groups in the past, but I don't have any particular points of contact with any of them. As for someplace private, we could meet at my home." Liam says in hushed tones as to not be overheard by the normal folk around.

Satya Patel wrote:"As for a private place. I think I have one in mind." she looked to Jack, "We should show them the new home we have in mind..and we might get a third Church mouse depending on how many saw that broadcast before I shut it down." she looks at Alex.


Liam shrugs and just goes with the flow, being the new guy in this group it seems.

Alex Kowalski wrote:"And is someone missing from this party? Jack gave me four numbers, but I only see three of you."


Liams eyebrow raises for a moment. "Harvey... Space bug, whatever his real name is. He's likely around here somewhere." The Nightbane Professor says with another shrug.
User avatar
Liam Mercer
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:32 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:43 pm

Jack Introduces Alex to the others and then sets out to provide Alex a cover for leaving.

Liam, since he is hear to vote, gets his voting card and goes to a voting booth (they are not exactly busy, so no waiting).

Jack gets Alex and Satya out of the school and starts discussing the situation. Starting with explaining to Liam about his being live on the internet for a time. Liam joins them as soon as he finishes voting.
OOC Comments
I am assuming Liam will vote, as it is what he came here for.


Satya suggests that they should try capturing the shooter.
OOC Comments
If she shows the video of the shooting around, it might help Alex identify where the shooter is.


Alex, being one of the Nighbane who works with Vampires, the Nocturnes, knows how hard it can be to get other factions to cooperate with them, and points that out. Satya is less than fond of Vampires...

The shooter from the roof says to the man with the binoculars, "Oh, excuse me, I did not know this room was occupied, shall I come back and clean it later."

The one with the Binoculars responds, "Yeah, probably. I was just checking to see if anyone is coming in or not."

He deliberately turns away from Franklin and looks back outside, while the shooter heads off down the hall.

After Franklin leaves, he gets on a phone and says, "Guys, there is a Moth-man on astral following the Janitor around."

Elsewhere, another call is made, "Incoming target. We have him pegged as Norman Orwell, age 78, diabetic, pacemaker, kidney replaced. He will be in the back seat of the limo pulling up."
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 60/31%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 92

Found him in a blind on the roof. Real professional set up, but given the state of affairs the last few years Militia nutjobs are all far too common.


"Makes sense..high ground and good cover. just need a target and if these pod people think they are heroes it might be online somewhere." she paused and wondered who the target and why.

"Eh, I know more than a few vampires who fight not only against the Nightlords but other vampires as well. Life isn't always black and white. Sadly guardians don't see it that way. And sure, there is a crisis here. Or at least there was. I would assume that when his spotters left the shooter would have left as well. I never saw him however. I am pretty sure they are not happy with me, the nutter I had been talking to ran me over with her car."


"We will need to share notes sometime." she nods, "I have a few blanks I would not mind filling in."
Perception: 1d100 = 7
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 14

Alex gives a short nod to Satya and Liam. "Pleasure. And yeah, when there is time I would love to see this video."

Liam nods back. "Likewise."



"Here's all the video I do have. if any of it helps feel free to look at it when you want to." she pats her laptop then opens it showing them if they wish, "If we can ID the shooter, his target and intercept them to get info from him or her. Outright kidnapping while effective is a bit harsh. My old organization did that..we don't have that option we can't risk having a bad press if we get spotted. This level of police and press we would be spotted. That includes internet fame, we can deal with that later. I do like a challenge. whether we stick around and get the shooter or not I'm good with either idea. and where is our identity challenged friend?" she adds with a grin.
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12/28%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 89

Satya Patel wrote:"Makes sense..high ground and good cover. just need a target and if these pod people think they are heroes it might be online somewhere." she paused and wondered who the target and why.


Alex shakes his head, "Yeah, it does. The school is a little predictable though, they would need a cover ID to get in and out. So they might still be in the building. And if these people think they are heroes, they may be willing to martyr themselves for a cause." I hope we aren't dealing with fanatics. I hate fanatics, nothing is ever clean when fanatics get involved.

"We will need to share notes sometime." she nods, "I have a few blanks I would not mind filling in."


Alex chuckles quietly, and then gives Satya a serious look, "I will share what I can, I do not mind that, but I cannot share anything that would jeopardize my fellow Nocturnes or compromise any operations we have going." I had better be careful with this one. At least until she proves herself worthy of trust. Maybe it would even possible to recruit her to the cause. Not likely, but could prove interesting. Wonder what the local Librarian would think of that.

"Here's all the video I do have. if any of it helps feel free to look at it when you want to." she pats her laptop, "If we can ID the shooter, his target and intercept them to get info from him or her. Outright kidnapping while effective is a bit harsh. My old organization did that..we don't have that option we can't risk having a bad press if we get spotted. This level of police and press we would be spotted. That includes internet fame, we can deal with that later. I do like a challenge. whether we stick around and get the shooter or not I'm good with either idea. and where is our identity challenged friend?" she adds with a grin.


"Do you have any video of the shooting? Or was there video of other shootings? If so I may be able to find out if there are other shooters we should be concerned about. And I agree, we can't really be seen trying to kidnap someone, to many cops, and to much daylight. We need some way to track them. To be honest, I am not sure staying around here is the best idea. The police will want to know what we are doing here just standing around when there are supposedly active shooters. I would imagine they will be bringing in SWAT and other unpleasantness soon enough. And this identity challenged friend, he about so high, big afro? If so, he has horrible manners in a strip club" That is one way to put it anyway, not sure what I think of the guy, we didn't exactly get to know one another.. Alex will focus on the video Satya is showing him, keeping an eye out for the useful stuff that he would look for in any crime scene involving a shooting. He is also looking for clues that might indicate any other unusual disturbances going on.

Skill Rolls
CSI 1d100 = 57/57%
CSI 1d100 = 55/57%
CSI 1d100 = 2/57%
Principle of Magic 1d100 = 26/81% To see if he might know of any magic that would allow someone to detect a doppelganger or other being with ties to the Nightlands, or an item that would perform such a function.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:00 am

Supplemental Information:
The Helicopter flew over while you all were inside, using contrast filters the located the blind, and using thermal optic they determined it was recently abandoned. They did not see the shooter, but a police car pulls up and the officers from it head up to the roof to collect evidence. (this happens about the time Liam joins the others)

Alex is shown the video by Satya, he figures out where the video was taken from (the car who ran him over), and where the victim was standing when shot fairly easily.

While he is working out trajectories and angles of incidence, a Limo comes around the corner and parks in front of the school. It is unclear whether the police blockade is down, whether they were allowed past for some reason, or whether they slipped through now that it is undermanned. The driver steps out and assists an older man out of the limo and hands him a silver handled mahogany cane.

Alex realizes, from his analysis, that the shot could not have come from the roof, it had to come from somewhere near the announcer's booth at the athletic stadium.
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Jack Greenfield » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:53 am

Perception: 30% 1d100 = 68 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 1 (Nat. 1!)
1d100 = 30

Ever had the feeling you were in over your head? .. my training is in rescuing new Psychomorphs... not... anti-terrorist paramilitary actions. Or whatever this is.

Alex wrote:Trading notes is fine, working together is fine, but if it going to work, there needs to be a certain amount of honesty involved. Not necessarily trading faction secrets, but at the minimum a sharing of intelligence on what is going on."


"I agree wholeheartedly. Also, luckily for my faction, I don't hold any faction secrets." Jack winks conspiratorially.

Alex wrote:"And if you a place we can talk in private, lead on. I really don't think we should stay on the streets here for long. And honestly, how was I to know that nutter was trying to have me live on the internet?"


"There was no way you could've known. We've been rolling with punches since the other night - another reason for us to get together... maybe start seeing the hits before they land."

Liam wrote:"Harvey... Space bug, whatever his real name is. He's likely around here somewhere."


Jack laughs. "Harvey? He told me it was Morty. He has a flair for... interesting names. But Space bug'll do in a pinch."

Satya wrote: "If we can ID the shooter, his target and intercept them to get info from him or her. Outright kidnapping while effective is a bit harsh. My old organization did that..we don't have that option we can't risk having a bad press if we get spotted. This level of police and press we would be spotted. That includes internet fame, we can deal with that later. I do like a challenge. whether we stick around and get the shooter or not I'm good with either idea. and where is our identity challenged friend?"


"My guess is he's still busy - if he scared off the shooter... and I think he did by the way everyone lit out of here... he might be onto something else So... my gut tells me there's still a threat."

Almost as if on cue, the helicopter flies overhead and a limo pulls up.

Jack looks to Satya. "What's the play?"

It's guesswork at this point... I mean, we're risking ourselves to protect humans from humans, it looks like... and if it weren't some kinda overture about doppelgangers, I'm not sure what we'd even be doing here. And it's not like I care all that much about doppelgangers either. Or vampires. Or the Mayor, who's clearly orchestrating this nonsense... Feels like we're putting our own necks on the chopping block for no good reason.

Intelligence 36% 1d100 = 38 (try to use facts at hand to discern what's going on - FAIL)
Lore: Nightbane 60% 1d100 = 96 (Use lore to possibly ID the parties involved - FAIL)
Lore: Nightlands 55% 1d100 = 82 (Use lore to possibly ID the parties involved - FAIL)
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 74/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
User avatar
Jack Greenfield
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:31 pm

<rolls held>

Jack Greenfield wrote:"I agree wholeheartedly. Also, luckily for my faction, I don't hold any faction secrets." Jack winks conspiratorially.


Alex laughs a little at Jack's statement, "I can't say I have many, but there are some things I am not at liberty to reveal. I'm sure you know things you are not at liberty to reveal either. We may not consider them secrets, but they must remain mysteries nonetheless." Yeah, I don't think taking these guys to the local Library would earn me any favors. Although at the rate things are going, I may need to reach out, see if anyone in the Nocturnes has an idea about what is going on.

Jack Greenfield wrote:"There was no way you could've known. We've been rolling with punches since the other night - another reason for us to get together... maybe start seeing the hits before they land."


Nice of you to think that, but I should have thought it through better. "I'm glad you feel that, but I knew she had a blog and a way to record. I didn't think it through. I do agree about seeing hits before they land, I'm not really one to be a punching bag."

As the helicopter passes overhead, Alex finishes his rough trajectory calculations.

Liam Mercer wrote:Liam shrugs. "Found him in a blind on the roof. Real professional set up, but given the state of affairs the last few years Militia nutjobs are all far too common." Liam says giving as educated a guess as he can.


Alex looks over at Liam, "So you found a shooter on top of the school? Then we may have a problem" Two shooters? Damn this is getting complicated as all hell.

Guess I should break the bad news to folks. I have a feeling someone else is getting shot today. Alex does what he can to quietly get everyone's attention and then with a grim look on his face begins to speak. "Folks, we have a problem. That shooter Liam found apparently wasn't the only one. The shooter in that video you showed me Satya, he has to be in the stadium, near the announcers box. That is the only way the angles line up." Yeah, this feels like delivering a kick in the guts to folks. "So I don't think the shooting is over. Not by a long shot."

As Alex see's the limo pull up, he lets out a frustrated sigh, "Dammit. Why can't the police at least block an area off properly. This guy might be the next target, there is no way to know. I don't think the cops realize yet that there are at least two shooters." Old man with money. I really doubt he is a target, can't say I have ever seen a doppelganger that old before. Even though he has doubts, Alex tries to keep an eye on the old man and his driver, while keeping an eye out on the stadium as best he can.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Scratch post

Postby Hexxus » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:17 pm

Hexxus wrote:Perception: 37% / Original post: 1d100 = 72
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 3
JIC: Original post: 1d100 = 30

Zilant wrote:"Guys, there is a Moth-man on astral following the Janitor around."


”Astral Moth-Man?! Oh, stand down, known subject. Threat level minimal. Watch and observe if possible.” A man's voice answers back.

Zilant wrote:"Incoming target. We have him pegged as Norman Orwell, age 78, diabetic, pacemaker, kidney replaced. He will be in the back seat of the limo pulling up."


”Red here, copy that. Target acquired. Begin procedure in.” A black stretch limousine pulls into the school parking lot. It sits idle for a moment for its engine quits. The driver hopes out and walks towards the rear of the car. He moves around to the passenger side and opens the door. As an elderly man steps out and onto the sidewalk, he arches his back and stretches as best as he can. Cane outstretched forward, he starts to take a few steps towards the front door. The chauffeur hovers his arm around the elderly man, in a manner that would suggests he's not just a driver.

Red hangs up the phone as the limousine pulls up and parks. Looking through the scope, he finds his intended target Red quickly checks the direction of the wind and velocity. Slowing his breath, he exhales long and slow. Holding his breath, he focuses on the elderly man. When the timing is just right, Red gently squeezes the trigger. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Ka-Rackkkkk!

Combat Actions
APM: 6

Initiative: Original post: 1d20+2 = 3

Action 1,2, and 3 : Aimed Called Shot with 7.62mm Model 30-11 Sniping FN Rifle to the heart area. Strike: Original post: 1d20+8 = 19 Damage: Original post: 5d6 = 20

Action 4 and 5 : Aimed Shot 7.62mm Model 30-11 Sniping FN Rifle. Strike: Original post: 1d20+8 = 21 Damage: Original post: 5d6 = 18 if needed, otherwise move towards the street and find a place to hide rifle.

Action 6 : Normal shot with 7.62mm Model 30-11 Sniping FN Rifle. Strike: Original post: 1d20+2 = 20 Damage: Original post: 5d6 = 28 if needed, otherwise move towards the street and find a place to hide rifle.

Rolls for Parry: Original post: 6d20:
9, 15, 16, 13, 7, 13
User avatar
Hexxus
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:19 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Satya Patel » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2/31%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 30

"Don't let age guide you. A doppelganger that is old has advantages like access to old money and cover for abilities. Think about it.. an old man or child doppelganger is more likely to be overlooked." she adds at the comment about old Doppelgangers.

"If you do want that to get the second shooter we should move quickly about it. When they close the area off we will be stuck here and likely interrogated like everyone else. I have no desire to explain to the police why we are here and who we are. Remember they have rogue elements that want us dead. and all it takes is one of us to spotted by them. I can plant files for some of us to be here if absolutely needed. I'd rather not though. Also we will need an exit strategy planned out. Stay in pairs or better no one travels alone." she stated. this group wanted to be heroes and would do that. Better be efficient and get out dodge before they get sealed in.

"I recommend one team go to security and a second-team head to shooters last spot or likely escape route. Grab anything the shooter dropped or left behind. try not to carry it openly. any suggestions will also be welcomed otherwise...we should get rolling. Whichever team finds spaceman first can update him." she offers thoughtfully.
Satya Patel - Nightbane Tech support
I.S.P.: 79
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 50
Equipment of note:
9 mm pistol x 2 (4 spare clips)
Combat earplugs
Combat shooting gloves
Dragonbane Blade
User avatar
Satya Patel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Alex Kowalski » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:41 pm

<rolls held>

Satya Patel wrote: "If you do want that to get the second shooter we should move quickly about it. When they close the area off we will be stuck here and likely interrogated like everyone else. I have no desire to explain to the police why we are here and who we are. Remember they have rogue elements that want us dead. and all it takes is one of us to spotted by them. I can plant files for some of us to be here if absolutely needed. I'd rather not though. Also we will need an exit strategy planned out. Stay in pairs or better no one travels alone." she stated. this group wanted to be heroes and would do that. Better be efficient and get out dodge before they get sealed in.

"I recommend one team go to security and a second-team head to shooters last spot or likely escape route. Grab anything the shooter dropped or left behind. try not to carry it openly. any suggestions will also be welcomed otherwise...we should get rolling. Whichever team finds spaceman first can update him." she offers thoughtfully.


"Well the shot came from the stadium, I'm headed there, anyone wants to come with can. We need more to go on right now. Someone wants to work us an escape plan that would be helpful. We all have our strengths I imagine." Alex states as he begins to run towards the stadium. This isn't a time to be passive, with a little luck we can get something useful from this. Although I do hope someone comes with me, not sure I would be a match for this guy on my own.

In case it matters
Alex can run 137 yards per melee, or 540 yards per minute.

Initiative 1d20 = 3
Dodge if needed 1d20+3 = 14 1d20+3 = 16 1d20+3 = 7 1d20+3 = 14
Parry if needed 1d20+3 = 18 1d20+3 = 6 1d20+3 = 22 1d20+3 = 7
Perception to notice anything unusual 1d100 = 89/28%[/dice]
Perception to notice anything unusual 1d100 = 2/28%[/dice]
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Alex

PPE: 139/169
HP: 27/27 79/79
S.D.C.: 51/51 411/411
Nightvision 200' 1000'

Spells
User avatar
Alex Kowalski
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Franklin Jefferson » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 22 / 13%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 67
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 10

Franklin hears even more shots going down and spends a long few moments trying to figure out what to do before deciding he should expand his rifle collection and moving towards where he heard the shots originate.

“Sorry evil janitor. I’ll have to pick up stalking you later.”
We're surrounded by monsters. Especially on the inside.

P.P.E.: 66/106
H.P.: 19/19[color=#FF0000]59/59[/color]
S.D.C.: 46/46 331/331
Horror Factor: 0/13

Number of Attacks: 2/5
Initiative Bonus: 0/+3
Strike Bonus: +2/+11 (+13 with Giant Pins)
Parry Bonus: +3/+14
Dodge Bonus: +3/+13(+15 in Flight)
HTH Damage Bonus: 0/+19
User avatar
Franklin Jefferson
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Jack Greenfield » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:39 am

Perception: 30% 1d100 = 6

JIC: 1d20 = 15
1d100 = 14

Alex wrote:"...they must remain mysteries nonetheless."


Jack smiles. "So goes the way of mysteries. They must all remain mysteries... until they're not."

Satya wrote:"I recommend one team go to security and a second-team head to shooters last spot or likely escape route. Grab anything the shooter dropped or left behind. try not to carry it openly. any suggestions will also be welcomed otherwise...we should get rolling. Whichever team finds spaceman first can update him."


Alex wrote:"Well the shot came from the stadium, I'm headed there, anyone wants to come with can. We need more to go on right now. Someone wants to work us an escape plan that would be helpful. We all have our strengths I imagine."


Jack shares a wordless glance with Satya before taking off beside Alex, running toward the stadium. He runs in an irregular path, zigzagging with sharp turns to avoid being targeted. Here goes nothing!

Initiative: 1d20 = 19
APM: 5

Dodges: 1) 1d20+4 = 17; 2) 1d20+4 = 23; 3) 1d20+4 = 22; 4) 1d20+4 = 16; 5) 1d20+4 = 14
Jack Greenfield; AKA 'Arkham'
Human form
H.P.: 35/ 35
S.D.C.: 49 / 49
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 200'
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects

Morphus Form
H.P.: 70/ 70
S.D.C.: 107 / 107
P.P.E. 74/175
Conditions:
    Nightvision: 500'
    Regenerate 10 SDC/HP per round
    Immune to Mindcontrol, Vampire Slow Kill, Transformation Effects
User avatar
Jack Greenfield
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:39 pm

The shot strikes the older man, who falls dead but does not start rapidly decaying, there is no sign that he may have been a Doppelganger.

Satya heads for the school security, if she can hack into their system she can input fake information that she and the others are security specialists, and perhaps find out more about the shootings as well.

Alex heads towards the Stadium with Jack. Jack is broken field running to present a difficult target.

The Shooter quickly leaves his post, apparently attempting to get away before Alex and Jack arrive.

Franklin decided it is better to chase down the active shooter than the one who is hiding and heads over to the stadium area.

OOC Comments
Hexxus, please describe to Franklin what he sees when he arrives, as he is able to travel fastest. I am not sure how you are kitted out.
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Hexxus » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:18 pm

Perception: 37% / 1d100 = 89
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 80

After the gunshot echoes through the air, the group scrambles out of the school. Jack's movements looks like a cockroach caught in the light as an astral Franklin passes him by. Once upon reaching the far side of the parking lot, Franklin notices something a little out of place. Across the street, he sees a man walking rather briskly out of a door at the end of the building. What mostly catches anyone's attention, if their looking, is that fact that Red keeps looking over his shoulder and his mannerisms indicate that he is a bit on edge. Red's long hair combined with his large and muscular build are offset by his dress slack and tie. His coat is form fitting and briefcase groped in his left hand. Red glances around a few more times before quickening his pace to an almost jog as he crosses N Ravine Pkwy and before starting to cross E Broadway St.
User avatar
Hexxus
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:19 am

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Zilant » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:55 am

"Red" decides that getting out is his priority and leaves the announcers booth. He abandons the weapon, he is wearing gloves and will throw those away later, there will be no fingerprints on the weapon to trace. Carrying the weapon intact would be noticable, and breaking it down and storing it is not an option as it would take too long.

Franklin arrives in astral form and sees the direction in which the others are running. He heads in that direction and catches a glimpse of someone hurriedly walking away through the stadium seats. Not being the most observant person, he only notes that the person is not carrying a gun.

Alex is faster, and he is running in a straighter line, he reaches the stadium next. He sees the man walking away rapidly and observes his nervous behavior. It seems likely that he is the shooter, though he could just be someone who heard the shooting and is trying to get out of the area. He is pretty sure the shooter was up in the booth when the shot is fired.

Jack is broken-field running, so he is slightly slowed down, he sees Alex and the man rapidly walking away through the bleachers, carrying a briefcase.

(To Clarify, it appears that the stadium entrances are on the East and West, while the north wall, where you are, is solid. You people can not see Red from here and will have to choose to go east or west around the wall to get in. It would probably work best if one of you goes west and the other east to prevent escape at both ends.)

Satya makes it inside the school, she finds the security area, though it is locked. She does not see anyone inside, but the window in the door is pretty narrow.
User avatar
Zilant
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Election Mayhem

Postby Hexxus » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:46 am

( Rolls Carried over )
Watching the old man hit the ground, Ref begins to pick up any evidence of him being there. First he picks up the bullet casing. He then give a quick swipe down where the gun was resting, for and gunshot residue. Quickly he enters the announcers booth and secures the rifle with the plastic explosives, he had set up earlier. Making sure the trigger wire is pulled tight as he walks over to the door. Red secures the wire to the door just before he finishes closing it. (Demolitions 78% - 1d100 = 84 )(Demolitions 78% - 1d100 = 62) Proceeding through the bleachers to the corner exit.

As Red reaches the school side of N Ravine Pkwy but before starting to cross E Broadway St, he pauses for a moment to looks both ways. Did I get everything done. Picked up the casing, check. Stashed the rifle, check. Armed the door, check. I did take me a little longer than expected and not in the first try. It better hold. Got to go find a place to dispose of these gloves, tho. Now I know there's someone in the astral plane around here. Better to keep my guard up. I do know him but you just can never tell with anyone, anymore these days. If he pops out and attacks, then he's going to get a briefcase upside his dome. As for the two that are running, I wonder what they're up to. At least I got a concealed sidearm for them but first I'll see if I can ditch them. I can either try and lose them in the high school or if keep going up Broadway, there is a residential area I can try. I'll cross the street and see what they decide to do. If they go and look for the gun then they're going to get a nice surprise.

Combat Actions
APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 18
Action 1: If Franklin pops out of Astral Form and attacks then retaliate with briefcase Strike: 1d20+3 = 5 Damage: 1d6+14 = 17 Or if Jack or Alex run at Red, than he will start to run.
Action 2: Continue to run or attack Franklin again with briefcase. Strike: 1d20+3 = 11 Damage: 1d6+14 = 19
Action 3: If Jack or Alex is still pursuing then pull out 9mm Beretta and fire at the closest target or pulls out 9mm and shots Franklin, if still engaged. Strike: 1d20+1 = 3 Damage: [dice]d6[/dice]
Action 4: Try and break away and start running to the high school.
Action 5: Try and disengage from combat or if anyone pursues shoot them with 9mm Beretta. Strike: 1d20+1 = 10 Damage: [dice]d6[/dice]
Action 6: Try and disengage from combat or if anyone pursues shoot them with 9mm Beretta. Strike: 1d20+1 = 17 Damage: [dice]d6[/dice]

Rolls for Parry: 6d20:
1, 15, 2, 8, 2, 17
+6
User avatar
Hexxus
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:19 am

PreviousNext

Return to Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest