Proposal: Exploding Attributes for All Races

All admin-related content and proposals are managed here. Proposals must include "Proposal:" in the subject line of the new thread to even be considered.

Moderator: Augur

Proposal: Exploding Attributes for All Races

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:42 am

In a previous proposal I pointed out as an aside that our house rule regarding exploding attributes being limited to humans is not supported by the FAQ. In fact the FAQ indicates two points in direct opposition to the house rule.

To conform to canon FAQ, all races who roll 3d6 on an attribute (regardless of + or - modifier) get an extra d6 if they get a 16, 17, or 18 on the dice result before modifiers are applied. If that bonus dice comes up a 6 as well, roll a fifth time.

To conform to the canon FAQ, all races who roll 2d6 on an attribute (regarless of + or - modifier) get an extra 2d6 if they get a result of 12 on their initial dice rolls before modifiers are applied.

Attributes rolled on 1d6, 4d6, 5d6 or other dice types are not affected by the canon FAQ regarding exploding attributes, and therefore do not get to explode.
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master

Re: Proposal: Exploding Attributes for All Races

Postby Dark Lord » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:19 am

I've always liked the fact that we only apply attribute bonus dice to humans. It helps make them more special.
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:41 am

That's a big part of why I play humans almost exclusively here.

This doesn't change humans being the only race to 4d6 drop lowest by house rules. Just the splody dice. The extra dice that get dropped give a human a statistically better chance of exploding attributes than anyone else, regardless of how this proposal lands.

Palladium's FAQ indicates that this isn't correct, however. The opposite is true. When one of the house rules conflicts with canon, I'll make a proposal that brings the house rule more in line.

That way moving forward, with or without this proposal we can say it wasn't ignorance of the rules that made the house rule, it was a conscious and informed decision.

Which just gives me more ammo every time Augur cites canon- 'Oh you care about canon now, but not when canon is X, Y or Z'. Troll ammo is a valuable commodity.
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master

Postby CHIMERA » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:08 pm

This is an Augrurism from way back I brought up before. I doubt this one will change as he is 100% aware of the canon and set this house rule specifically to alter this canon rule.
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Postby Dark Lord » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:25 pm

The drop lowest thing is not limited to humans.

AUGUR EDIT: This is correct
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Return to Augur's Corner Office (closed to new proposals until further notice)