CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

CPT Ainsley Tanaka is the commanding officer of the A.D.F.S. Stiletto, one of the remaining Prowess Class Destroyers in the fleet.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Augur » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:07 pm

Image

Image

This is where the 1st S.O.G. cools their heels, and gets some shuteye.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4044
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Halko » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:29 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 85
JIC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 36

Halko chuckles as he steps into the berthing that the First SOG has aboard the Stiletto, "Good to see the designers went out of their way to break up the monotony." He walks over to what would have been his bulk if they were still aboard the Dauntless and sets his kit down on the duplicate bunk. "Well, at least its familiar."

After stowing what gear he has, which seems to be an ever growing supply of weapons, Halko says, "So, are we waiting on Nova and Brainiac or should we go exploring before they get back?" No message back from Faux and I'm not likely to run into her here. Well... I hope the elections put Cardea at the tip top. Unity makes the most sense. Phoenix isn't bad but it'll leave us to exposed. His thoughts explode from his mouth in a half realized statement, "The Shirke Party method is sure death. We have limited manpower and resources. I'm all for putting a check on the Atorian's expansion but that way seems more like 'to the last man' and we really need to work smarter than that now."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Cairo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:40 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 8 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 62

With his Force-Disc laden with whatever Halko felt like hauling along piled on top, Cairo (still absently carrying his own bags as though they were filled with feathers) arrives at the First SOG's new berthing assignment with Backlash he floats it up over the table and lets the disc evaporate into nothingess to load the table down pretty heavily.

Halko wrote:Halko chuckles as he steps into the berthing that the First SOG has aboard the Stiletto, "Good to see the designers went out of their way to break up the monotony." He walks over to what would have been his bulk if they were still aboard the Dauntless and sets his kit down on the duplicate bunk. "Well, at least its familiar."

After stowing what gear he has, which seems to be an ever growing supply of weapons, Halko says, "So, are we waiting on Nova and Brainiac or should we go exploring before they get back? ... The Shirke Party method is sure death. We have limited manpower and resources. I'm all for putting a check on the Atorian's expansion but that way seems more like 'to the last man' and we really need to work smarter than that now."


"I believe they tout that as a feature of advanced Arismal engineering, lots of interchangeable units ... unique in that they are just like ever other unit hehehe ... I like the fight the good-fight idea, the old choke them to death as they swallow you thing, but I agree I'd like to get our numbers up somewhere where we'll be more to chew on for the Empresses." CJ tosses one duffle onto the bed and opens its top with an unsurprised grin, "Well, I have like 20lbs of Caff in here, and 30lbs of sweet-stuff. Maybe we take 10lbs of each up to the Mess and make some friends. Have tea too, if that was your thing ... I served on the Assegai before joining the First, it has the same layout ... and the XO there didn't want to pull my teeth."

CJ fishes out his VidComm Watch Deluxe and straps it on, then 2 5-lb packages of 'sweetener', Tea (Mint Type) (5 lbs), and Tea (Citrus Type) (5 lbs) to hand over to Backlash, "There, you go Sarge hehehe ... I need to stop in at Sick Bay real quick though. You're welcome to join me." For himself, CJ pulls out 2 5-lb packages of Grymdin's "Coffee" Beans (Off-world import; similar), and 2 5-lb packages of 'sweetener' which he shoves into a backpack before closing up his bags and leaving them on a lower bunk.

With or without Halko in tow, CJ heads for [[ Sick Bay ]] offering a a friendly smile & nod or wave as appropriate to anyone they encounter along the way.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Halko » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:28 pm

[rolls held]

Halko chuckles, "I don't know about pulling teeth, but she seemed fine to me. Just protective of her Captain. I guess us Fleet Infantry are just built that way. Gotta watch out for our superiors. Protect them," his grin widens some, "even from themselves."

He goes about subtly shifting his things about, getting them back in place, just like they were on the Dauntless, "I'm not sure able joining FAR, but if we're going to keep harassing the Atorians having their support or protection or whatever you want to call it is going to be necessary. What I keep thinking about is even beyond that step though. Our society went from a free democracy to straight military in the blink of an eye and I wonder how long that's going to last even after we settle a planet." He sinks into some deep thoughts for a moment, I don't know why I keep envisioning ranks of artificially grown Arismal children being marched out of genetic combination centers and into basic training camps. We're going to need a civilian society. I don't know the science but just on a genetic level we're going to have to do some fancy footwork. Frak the next fifty years are going to be tricky. HA, make that five hundred years.

Halko smiles when CJ mentions going by the Mess and spreading some good will, "Sure, I'll come along." When CJ hands out the tea and sweetener, he says, "Making friends in the Mess is never a bad wait to start a rotation. It might be a good idea to swing by the Captain's office and drop a little off there too. Maybe we can find some small containers in the Mess."

Halko digs in his locker and shifts some things around. Coming out with an empty satchel, he puts the tea into the bag and nods to the hatch out. "After you." Then he follows Cairo to the Sick Bay.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Corrigon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:36 am

Perception Bonus 38% 1d100 = 15
JIC 1d100 = 71 1d20 = 4

“Undertood,” Corrigon nods, as he goes and collects his small amount of gear and heads into the berthing. He's quiet as he stows his gear. He hadn't said anything but he'd felt eyes burring in the back of his head during the flight metaphorically speaking. Cairo hadn't exactly looked happy going into the gunnery station. He hoped it wasn't going to be a problem.

He arrives after Halko and Cairo have already left and stows his gear in his assigned locker.

Without any standing orders at the moment, he moves to join the others at the med bay http://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=963&t=16744&p=1354667#p1354667.
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Cairo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:42 pm

Perception [59%][+15% in Space]: 1d100 = 37
JiC D20: 1d20 = 18
JiC D100: 1d100 = 100

CJ (and Halko(?)) return from a brief, unfulfilling trip to the Mess and find the Berthing empty. Cairo proceeds to pull out his hacking PC, personal Tablet, and recently acquired Datapad that was brought to him with the Medical Reporting earlier, "I figure Rolly probably doesn't have much from home. I can copy over my family photos, some books, some music. Just stuff to, well sh*t nothing helps right? ... But stuff to divert when he needs it. I have a few photos from his wedding on here, and one from his daughter's last birthday."

Cairo merges to all 3 of the devices simultaneously without any apparent effort. First, he transfers his medical results reports to his personal Tablet, then he wipes the Datapad clean to free up space for:

[*] Family Photos
[*] 10 Books
[*] 30 hrs of Music
[*] 4 movies

Computer Operation (130% linked):
1d100 = 53, 1d100 = 68, 1d100 = 76

"You have anything good to read over there?" he asks Halko.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Halko » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:50 pm

Percep 64%: 1d100 = 63
JIC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 19

Arriving back at the Berthing, Halko does what he always does when they have downtime. He hits his rack. Flopping back on his bunk he closes his eyes and says, "He might not appreciate now but he will someday. I should do something similar with my sister. Between the two of us, we should have a pretty good family image gallery." Halko refrains from talking much more about his family but the topic does stir up some thoughts, Maybe she has a good picture of mom. I can still pass on dad and the twins but as bad as all this was, they didn't deserve it. No one did.

Halko thinks about what pictures Tessika might have when an Idea hits him and he speaks up to see what Cairo thinks, "I wonder. If some sort of photo data base is started. I bet Ryden could write some program that could remove all the people from the pictures and render some sort of virtual Arismal planetary environment. Someplace we can visit when we're old and want to reminisce. Then, after our generation is gone, it'll make a good historical source. After all, the next generation is never going to know our home world. Just whatever comes next and I'm hoping Captain Cardea and the Unity Party win out. Seems our best option to rebuild and get a little payback."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Niall » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:47 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 46

JIC 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 36

Niall steps into the 1st SOG's berthign area, and tosses his gear onto the same rack he'd held on the Dauntless, before beginning to unpack.

Halko wrote:"Good to see the designers went out of their way to break up the monotony."


Niall smiles. "I doubt monotony was on their list of concerns."

Halko wrote:"The Shrike Party method is sure death. We have limited manpower and resources. I'm all for putting a check on the Atorian's expansion but that way seems more like 'to the last man' and we really need to work smarter than that now."


Niall nods in agreement. "I'm all for taking those bastards down, but we're not in a position to do them any lasting harm. A retributive strike that destroys our species would be the pinnacle of stupidity. And while I can see the appeal in the Unity Party... for me I feel the Pheonix Party suits our race's priorities better. We can look for allies once we can meet our survival needs." ...Or set the damn aliens against each other. Whatever works.

As the others head off to check out the Mess, Niall carefully stows all of his personal effects and gear, taking particular time to ensure his toolkit is in top condition.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Cairo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:30 pm

Perception [59%][+15% in Space]: 1d100 = 52
JiC D20: 1d20 = 18
JiC D100: 1d100 = 38

Cairo nods in response to Halko's idea of a virtual recreation of Arismal, "They may well have a good start with some old-world maps [OOC: think Google-Maps], virtual Museum-Tours, and probably some tour guidebooks. If we have anyone with powers of Illusion and Holograph projection they might also be good for helping visually recreate gaps ... "

CJ clicks a song live and humms along as strings accompanied by plaintiff horns quietly rise like a memory from his speakers;

**They say Arismal is breathing,
with each wave that finds the shore,
Her soul rises in the evening,
for to open twilight's door.
Her eyes are the stars in heaven,
watching over us all the while,
and her heart it is in Eyreland,
deep within it's Emerald Isles ...

>~~ musical interlude ~~<

We were forty against hundreds
in someone else's bloody war
We know not why we're fighting
Nor what we're dying for
and they will storm us in the Morning
when the sunlight turns the sky
death is waiting for its dance now
fate has sentenced us to die ...
Eyreland, I am coming home
I can see you rolling hills of green
and fences of field stone
I am reaching out, won't you take my hand
I'm coming home Eyreland

>~~ musical interlude ~~<

Oh the Captain he lay bleeding,
but I can hear him calling me
'These men are yours now for the leading
show them to their destiny'
and as I look up all around me
to see the ragged tired and torn
I tell them to make ready
we're not waiting for the Morn ...
Eyreland, I am coming home
I can see you rolling hills of green
and fences of field stone
I am reaching out, won't you take my hand
I'm coming home Eyreland

>~~ musical interlude ~~<

Now the fog is deep and heavy
as we ford the dark in fear,
We can hear their Zwoot breathing
As in silence we draw near,
There are no words to be spoken
Just a look to say good-bye,
I draw a breath and night is broken
As I scream our battle cry ...
Eyreland, I am coming home
I can see you rolling hills of green
and fences of field stone
I am reaching out, won't you take my hand
I'm coming home Eyreland

>~~ musical interlude ~~<

We were forty against hundreds ...
**

He looks up as Niall enters and raises politics so he mutes the speakers as the song is ending, "Unleashing our collective fury on the Atorian's like Volund's own hammer would indeed lose its emotional catharsis if it was just a prelude to impotent oblivion. Myself, I am not sure the best course." With that, Cairo disengages from the various computers, "Hey Crash, you are hardware to Brainiac's software, right? If you get the chance and we have a chunk of time, any chance to restore my Wardog to its standard-issue rail-gun configuration? Removing the vibro-blades to make room for ammunition again. I get the feeling that if we find ourselves in an extended firefight, having shiny claws for a melee brawl might not be what we need to keep things at bay."

If Niall says yes, then CJ responds with, "Great, let me know if there is anything I can do to help," however if If Niall responds in the negative CJ shrugs and nods, "Ok. Thought I would check. I am going to go find Rolly."

OOC Comments
Might not really want to remove the claws if Augur rules in favor of allowing a PA user to utilize his own strength, but that is presently under consideration.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Niall » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:33 am

(rolls carried over)

Cairo wrote:"Unleashing our collective fury on the Atorian's like Volund's own hammer would indeed lose its emotional catharsis if it was just a prelude to impotent oblivion. Myself, I am not sure the best course."


Niall nods. "The same. There's a lot to consider."

CJ wrote:"Hey Crash, you are hardware to Brainiac's software, right? If you get the chance and we have a chunk of time, any chance to restore my Wardog to its standard-issue rail-gun configuration? Removing the vibro-blades to make room for ammunition again. I get the feeling that if we find ourselves in an extended firefight, having shiny claws for a melee brawl might not be what we need to keep things at bay."


Niall considers for a moment. "Undo R&D's mod... yeah, that's something I can do. Alternately... if we could lay hands on some kisentite blades I can weld them to the armor plating on the forearms. They wouldn't be retractable, though, unless I add on a whole armored housing and retraction mechanism, which would be considerably harder. Not as effective as vibro-blades, but... not nothing. Then you'd have your ammo capacity back and still have blades for melee. Let me know what you decide, and I'll be glad to help."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Cairo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:10 am

Rolls Carried Forward
Niall wrote:Niall considers for a moment. "Undo R&D's mod... yeah, that's something I can do. Alternately... if we could lay hands on some kisentite blades I can weld them to the armor plating on the forearms. They wouldn't be retractable, though, unless I add on a whole armored housing and retraction mechanism, which would be considerably harder. Not as effective as vibro-blades, but... not nothing. Then you'd have your ammo capacity back and still have blades for melee. Let me know what you decide, and I'll be glad to help."


Cairo grins with his response, "If it was R&D I would probably leave it alone, but I asked a couple of the repair techs to look into a more minor modification and they got ... enthusiastic on me. I know they meant well, I just am undecided in if I think it's the right set up. I don't want to start pulling anything apart until we get an idea of the time frames we are working with though. Otherwise we could get things dismantled just in time to find out we need em". The PA Pilot pulls a half-dozen protein bars from his duffle and begins to smoothly juggle 4, then 5 of them, "All about timing right? Like Backlash and I went up to the Mess to try and give out some Caff, but they are not even open right now."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Halko » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:22 am

[rolls held over]

Halko doesn't bother turning or even opening his eyes as he says, "Give your Wardog mods a test run first. It may prove better than you think. You may try getting a hand held cannon that you can use while in the armor."

He huffs and sighs a little as he thinks and switches the conversation back to the party question, "I doubt we will remove ourselves from the galactic scene altogether, though our ops may be less aggressive." Thinking back to their first op, he grins to himself. That asteroid base was a hell of a lot more than what it was supposed to be and we still cracked it and made off with a boat load of intell. He continues, "Shrike doesn't sit well with me. I'd be okay if Phoenix won out but the Unity option definitely sounds best to me. Provide we don't lose our identity as Arismal."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Augur » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:36 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 55, 1000
Location: A.D.F.S. Stiletto
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4044
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Cairo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:40 pm

Rolls Carried Forward

Like a perpetual fountain, protein bars float and hurtle and momentarily into the air as Backlash chimes in from Dreamland over on his bunk, "Hehehe I don't really know if we have a portable hand-held cannon available. Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a blast, but I was thinking more that the parts for the prior configuration are known, engineered, and tested. I did not want to make yet another new engineering project. The ... retrofit was kind of a Keep-it-simple option. You could be right though. Field testing gives the variant a chance to prove its mettle hehehe."

After about 5 minutes, CJ adds the 6th bar to his routine of tricks, "By the by Crash, I really do like that Grifter name for the ship. I think it would make a nice homage to the Bait n Switch." Finding the conversation tapering off, after a few more minutes without response, CJ deposits his juggling items on the table and picks up the tablet computer he had already loaded with stuff for his cousin and knapsack (previously with Caff & sugar/sweetener), "I am going to go head out to find Rolyn. I have some family stuff for him. Hit me up via Text with the watch-comms if I'm needed for anything."

[[ Crew Deck: Elsewhere ]] to locate Rolyn's berth.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Niall » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:55 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 56

JIC 1d20 = 1
1d100 = 22

Halko wrote:"Shrike doesn't sit well with me. I'd be okay if Phoenix won out but the Unity option definitely sounds best to me. Provide we don't lose our identity as Arismal."


Niall nods. "If we lose our identity as Arismal, we go extinct. Simple as that."

Cairo wrote:"By the by Crash, I really do like that Grifter name for the ship. I think it would make a nice homage to the Bait n Switch."


"Thanks, CJ. Whatever we name her, I hope she serves us as well as the Bait and Switch did."

With that, Niall will change into some exercise clothes and head down to the Lounge.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Niall » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:10 am

(rolls carried over)

Niall returns from the lounge, sweaty with effort but breathing easily. Interesting how quickly I've taken to running... physical exercise was always Donall's thing, not mine. But... that was him all around. I was content to coast, and he always put in the work. Maybe I could've been like that too, if I'd tried.

Niall steps into the fresher and begins to strip for a shower. Maybe it's not too late for me. Maybe some part of Donall can live on.

As Niall steps in front of the small shaving mirror over the sink, he does a double-take at his own reflection.

Donall?

With that, the illusion is gone, and he sees himself in the mirror again. He scrutinizes his reflection. Something... something has changed. Perhaps his jaw is incrementally squarer, his face marginally more symmetrical. There is a change, but he cannot put his finger on it. He shakes his head. Niall, you're going crazy.

Niall steps into the shower to scrub himself clean, then steps out and dresses in a fresh uniform. Heading back out into the berthing afterward, He sits on his bunk, awaiting the return of the others.

He pulls out his datapad and fires up The Telurian Saga, loads his saved game, and steps confidently back into his digital alter ego. "I can see how Brainiac can get so into this... This is a very detailed and intricate story... and the more you peel back, the more there is to see."

Computer Operation ☞ 101% 1d100 = 52
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Halko » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:32 pm

Percep 64%: 1d100 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 100

Drifting on the edge of consciousness, Halko thinks, Funny how the Atorians are here in this system and we're sneaking around without them knowing. Is this the way its going to be from now on. Arismal creeping around the galaxy? Faux is on that Atorian ship or should be. I wonder if she will be back here. Maybe we can see each other again. Why I'm I so focused on this woman. One chat during a bar fight, a stolen kiss during a coop and a visit in medbay. Not what I'd call ideal dates but what is ideal these days...

Halko rouses from a meditative sleep state when he hears Niall come back in to the berthing after having gone for a workout. He lays there for a while as Niall goes about his business but when Niall states talking to himself, Halko speaks up, "Never really got into video games myself. Dad always thought of it as wasted time but he was fine with sports. Anything to hone body and the mind. Though he couldn't stand it if you lost. Guess that's why I got into rock climbing. It was physical but not really a sport. Sort of a stick it to dad kinda thing. Plus, with my powers a fall couldn't hurt me."

Halko chuckles to himself as he remembers his dad's mixed reaction to his new hobby. Then he swings his legs over the side of his bunk and moves over to a chair at the table, "So, do we know anything new?"
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Niall » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:18 am

(rolls carried over)

Halko wrote:"Never really got into video games myself. Dad always thought of it as wasted time but he was fine with sports. Anything to hone body and the mind. Though he couldn't stand it if you lost. Guess that's why I got into rock climbing. It was physical but not really a sport. Sort of a stick it to dad kinda thing. Plus, with my powers a fall couldn't hurt me."


Niall smiles at the bigger man. "You sound like my brother Donall. He was... he had a body like it was sculpted by Volund. Any physical task set before him, he worked it like a blacksmith until it was done to his satisfaction. Though... he could get hurt."

"Where he really excelled, though, was getting people to see... whatever he wanted them to see. He could read people like a datapad, and knew just what buttons to press to get the desired outcome. Dad loved it - once Donall started in as COO of our family business, the deals started flowing like water. But that was never me. I... guess I was too interested in leisure."

Of course, Donall's success in business left him dead, and my follies got me off-planet. A moment's recrimination leaves him with a sour taste in his mouth, and he feels ashamed of himself for it. Survivor's guilt I guess.

Halko wrote:"So, do we know anything new?"


Niall shakes his head. "I'm still waiting to hear what comes next. I've been mulling what we know though. But... that's just spinning wheels, until we have a direction to go."

"It's the ol' 'Hurry up and wait'."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Augur » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:34 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 55, 1015
Location: A.D.F.S. Stiletto


The 1MC crackles to life in the space from a nearby speaker.

"Good morning, Stiletto. We have a simple mission ahead: deliver the First SOG to a launch point on Chandrakant two. In our way is a giant Atorian ship of unknown design or intention. We have to get the First SOG to a launch point without being detected or else all operations in the system will have to be abandoned. That means no meat and vegetables for a long time, shipmates! Let's get to work! Set EMCON condition alpha throughout the ship, and all hands brace for hard burn and heavy G's! Captain Tanaka, out."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4044
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Ryden » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:53 pm

A few minutes before the 1MC crackles to life, the squad gets a message from Ryden. 'Mission update: We are going for planet fall in two hours. Begin prep and await debrief by Nova. We're going exploring planetside.'
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Cairo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:10 pm

Perception [59%][+15% in Space]: 1d100 = 23
JiC D20: 1d20 = 11
JiC D100: 1d100 = 81

Cairo walks into the Berthing and offers a wave to Backlash and Niall, "Back to Chandrakant we go eh?? ... Gonna bring some plyers and pull a whole set of Dino-teeth this time hehehe." The PA Pilot opens his locker to begin suiting up in his ...
A.D.F. Standard Armor -- with Alien Fanged-Wolf Insignia
Image
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).


Pulling on his 2nd glove Cairo smirks, "Kind of too bad, I was hoping to see how the food was on this boat."
Last edited by Cairo on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Niall » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:24 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 83

JIC 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 30

Niall glances over at his datapad as it chirps a message from Brainiac.

Ryden wrote:'Mission update: We are going for planet fall in two hours. Begin prep and await debrief by Nova. We're going exploring planetside.'


Planetfall? What planet? An instant later, the announcement comes from the bridge.

Capt. Tanaka wrote:"Good morning, Stiletto. We have a simple mission ahead: deliver the First SOG to a launch point on Chandrakant two. In our way is a giant Atorian ship of unknown design or intention. We have to get the First SOG to a launch point without being detected or else all operations in the system will have to be abandoned. That means no meat and vegetables for a long time, shipmates! Let's get to work! Set EMCON condition alpha throughout the ship, and all hands brace for hard burn and heavy G's! Captain Tanaka, out."


Niall's stomach drops. "Chandrakant." Dinosaurs. ATORIANS. Frak. Niall stands - mainly to stop his knees from knocking. Last time we were there, we fought dinos, brush-heads, and... Zed. Even the frakking FOLIAGE tried to eat Halko. I thought we were going in on a simple scout op, take some plant and soil samples, go home. But no. That's the planet where everything wants to kill us.

He exchanges a look with Halko. "We better pack some herbicide." He pulls his vibroblade out of his scabbard, flicks it on, flicks it back off, and re-sheathes it.

CJ wrote:"Back to Chandrakant we go eh?? ... Gonna bring some pliers and pull a whole set of Dino-teeth this time hehehe."


Niall looks at CJ as if he is a crazy person. That's your priority? He smiles, chuckles, and shakes his head. That's all you, Fang. I'm gonna try to salvage some carcass. Mainly, ours. Not fond of the planet where everything wants to kill us."

Niall will change into his BDU and begin to gear up, leaving the heavy gear aside until it's closer to drop time. "I don't guess any of our unit were hunters back on Arismal? No chance anyone can make any scent blockers real quick?"
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Cairo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:10 am

[ Rolls Carried Forward ]

Cairo offers a plainly silly expression in response to Niall's incredulity and chuckles, "I am not sure of Chandrakant myself, hostile wildlife aside, it was beautiful. Back home there were plenty of dangerous animals too, but hey ... They can make for good eating. I suppose I just want to be actively contributing to fixing the problems that plague us hehehe ... Hopefully they've had a good week or whatever to scan the Planet. We should ideally be coming in with a good map of the continents and maybe even useful details like whether there have been Atorian settlements detected, or transmissions, maybe even some codes broken. Hmmm maybe we should even bring along some restraints to secure prisoners for questioning."

He ponders the inquiry about Hunters from back home and nods, "I had a wilderness survival course. I mean scent blocking may be it's own issue because effectiveness is really going to vary based on the senses of the local fauna. We might do better lifting sent off the local surrounding s when we land. It might seem silly, but just a roll in the mud ... though it lacks dignity, can be pretty effective depending on the situation. Though Brainiac will show up in 30 seconds with a better idea."

Wilderness Survival 70%: 1d100 = 13 -- for useful ideas on what to bring along to address Niall's concern

Then he sends of a Email to the Squad (since that will encompass their erstwhile missing C.O. and let Halko & Niall still be in the loop):

Email to Squad wrote:Back to Chandrakant?
Raiding a Brushhead outpost or colony?
Do we have a good map of the Planet this time?
Maybe we bring some extra hard drives and pillage their Starcharts etc.?
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Ryden » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:42 am

Perception 83%/1d100 = 55
JIC 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 85

Ryden walks into the berthing, bag in hand. He had stowed it outside the bridge while they met the captain. "Whelp, stand to for the mission brief and introduction to our latest victim, I mean squadmate. Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect. She's a Chaplain and an archeologist. She'll be payload for the mission. Nova said he will brief us in a few." He then moves to drop his bag and step into the background. This was Nova's show now. with Helbrect as the morning's entertainment.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Simone Helbrect » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 77/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 92
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Simone enters the room following Ryden, she makes brief eye contact with anyone in the room, before looking for an empty bunk to toss her gear bag on. Nicer than my last posting, more than just a re-purposed closet and a hammock. Simone thinks as she turns back to the others in the berthing. "Hello."
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Cairo » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:03 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Cairo ducks his head out of his locker at Ryden's entrance and offers a friendly-if-relaxed wave of greeting as their EWO gives a summation of their new addition, *Chaplain? ... Really? Kind of an odd thing to throw into the mix. I guess that means no raiding of a colony. Kind of doubt a further hunting party too. Maybe she's got a useful power for whatever we need to do this mission though ... controlling radiation or earth manipulation or something? We'll see.*

CJ introduces himself with a handshake, "Cairo Xanreys, folks call me Fang."
Last edited by Cairo on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Halko » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Percep 64%: 1d100 = 27
JIC:
1d20 = 20
1d100 = 59

Niall wrote:"I'm still waiting to hear what comes next. I've been mulling what we know though. But... that's just spinning wheels, until we have a direction to go."

"It's the ol' 'Hurry up and wait'."


Halko stands from the chair at the table and turns toward his bunk, "Always is. That's why I use the time to bunk out. Sleep can be hard to find on a mission, so I grab it where I can."

He looks down at his VidComm watch when it vibrates, "Ah, looks like Ryden knows something we don't. But when has that ever NOT been the case." Halko turns back to Niall and gives the other man a little grin.

When the Bitchbox crackles to life, Halko just shakes his head, "Round and round we go"

He's looking through his locker when CJ arrives, "Chandrakant. Oh yeah, this will be fun. Lets hope I don't have to pop my Wardog like I did last time." He gives Niall and CJ another grin before Niall speaks up.

Niall wrote:"We better pack some herbicide."


"That's right. I forgot about that big plant trying to eat me." Halko's grin holds as Niall goes on about scent blockers, but he keeps his mouth shut on that topic.

Halko just shrugs as the two go on about possible objectives and new intell, best to just wait and see what the boss says. Better than running ourselves in circles guessing.

When Ryden and the new Corporal enter, Halko steps away from his locker and introduces himself to the newest member of the team, "Hoy, Jerrik Halko. Callsign's Backlash." He turns to CJ a little and mutters, "Though I wonder if that's gonna hold up now." He gives the man a toothy smile before falling back to wait for Nova.
Last edited by Halko on Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Niall » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:56 am

(Rolls carried over)

Cairo wrote:"I am not sure of Chandrakant myself, hostile wildlife aside, it was beautiful. Back home there were plenty of dangerous animals too, but hey ... They can make for good eating."


Niall nods and smiles. "That's true. Back on Arismal, though, we had the benefit of having had about 50,000 years to domesticate some of that wildlife, establish ourselves as known predators of that wildlife, build cities the wildlife would avoid, and exist with full knowledge of successful hunting strategies and thorough knowledge of local topographies to mitigate that wildlife's natural advantages."

Cairo wrote: I suppose I just want to be actively contributing to fixing the problems that plague us


"Same. I'm just... perhaps a bit more cautious than you are."

Cautious... that's a good way to put it. Afraid is what I am.

Cairo wrote:It might seem silly, but just a roll in the mud ... though it lacks dignity, can be pretty effective depending on the situation.


Niall nods. "I know back on Arismal they had chemical scent blockers... they used... carbon? I think? Activated carbon, in hunters' clothes for scent absorption and they had... uh... Frak. I can't remember. Some sort of anti-bacterial element to neutralize the bacterium that produce natural odors."

Chemistry ☞ 91% 1d100 = 35 (SUCCESS)

"Enzymes. But I'm no chemist - and it'd probably take more research to know which enzymes would be effective against Chandrakant's native fauna. So... it was wishful thinking I guess. Your mud idea is probably the most workable idea we've got in that area, but we risk clogging our gear that way."

Ryden wrote:"Whelp, stand to for the mission brief and introduction to our latest victim, I mean squadmate. Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect. She's a Chaplain and an archeologist. She'll be payload for the mission. Nova said he will brief us in a few."


Already standing, Niall sets down his gear to greet the new comrade.

Simone wrote:"Hello."


"Niall Zeddeus, diagnostic engineer and de facto medic. Callsign Crash. Welcome to the 1st."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Simone Helbrect » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:40 am

((Rolls Carried over))

Cairo wrote:CJ introduces himself with a handshake, "Cairo Xanreys, folks call me Fang."


"Pleasure to meet you. As far as I know i don't have a call sign so I guess Simone, or Helbrect will have to do." Simone says returning Cairo's handshake.

Halko wrote:When Ryden and the new Corporal enter, Halko steps away from his locker and introduces himself to the newest member of the team, "Hoy, Jerrik Halko. Callsign's Backlash." He turns to CJ a little and mutters, "Though I wonder if that's gonna hold up now." He gives the man a toothy smile before falling back to wait for Nova.


"Nice to meet you Jerrick..." Simone says before another person greets her.

Niall wrote:"Niall Zeddeus, diagnostic engineer and de facto medic. Callsign Crash. Welcome to the 1st."


"Nice to meet you as well." Simone says to Niall. Nova, Braniac, Fang, Backlash, and Crash... Lets see if I can remember this in the next twenty minutes. Simone thinks to herself as she waits for Nova's briefing.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Corrigon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:26 pm

Perception 38% 1d100 = 98
JIC 1d100 = 9 1d20 = 17

As Corrigon follows Cairo, he is running a few thoughts through his head
If the AFDS Stiletto was running silent to avoid detection by the Atorian ship, then they would need to run near silent themselves for landing on Chandkrant
That means Thrusters only. He stops for a moment, running a few calculations in his head regarding fuel consumption and the general pattern of how to do so. As he sees Cairo enter the berthing, he hurries after him.

Corrigon enters the room, seeing most of the squad stood there and sees ...
“A new person," he smiles at Simone not too bad on the eye before offering his hand, "Lance Corporal Corrigon Malath, handle is currently Ego, welcome if I'm judging the situation correctly,” he looks at Niall for a second when he says that, with a somewhat wry smile.
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Simone Helbrect » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:08 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Corrigon wrote:“A new person," he smiles at Simone not too bad on the eye before offering his hand, "Lance Corporal Corrigon Malath, handle is currently Ego, welcome if I'm judging the situation correctly,” he looks at Niall for a second when he says that, with a somewhat wry smile.


Simone nods to Corrigon. Nice to meet you Corrigon, my name's Simone Helbrect." Simone says trying to keep up with the names she's been getting. I wonder where the mission is taking us, they all seem real anxious about it for sure.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Corrigon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:29 am

Rolls carried

Simone Helbrect wrote:Simone nods to Corrigon. Nice to meet you Corrigon, my name's Simone Helbrect." Simone says trying to keep up with the names she's been getting. I wonder where the mission is taking us, they all seem real anxious about it for sure.


"Welcome Simone,"
Corrigon returns the nod, still smiling and blithely oblivious to her badge, "what brings you to be deployed with us?"

"Excuse me whilst I collect my gear for our trip. From everything I have read, we can probably expect some trouble down there."

He reaches into his gear and begins transferring what little he has and needs ready for transport back to the Albatross. Standard issue armour, rifle, two pistols, one of which is a giant hand cannon of sorts not normally seen, spare ammo, chest rig etc. He looks at the pistols and then looks the highest ranking officer in the room

"Considering everyone else on this boat seems to be armed, should we also be armed?" he asks, ready to attach the holster to his belt if given the nod. "If I had known we'd be deployed this quickly, I wouldn't have bother unpacking. Barely been here longer than five minutes."
He reaches inside his flight suit and pulls out his locket. He kisses the cover and whispers quietly to himself.
"May Atlas protect us and Frigg save us and you."
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Simone Helbrect » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:58 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Corrigon wrote:"Welcome Simone," Corrigon returns the nod, still smiling and blithely oblivious to her badge, "what brings you to be deployed with us?"


Simone shrugs. "As far as I can tell, it's because I'm an archeologist." Simone says before looking to the others.

"So do any of you know what we're going to be doing? I so far have heard Ruins, and Chandrakant." Simone asks, hoping someone can shed light on her general unknowingness. Maybe they have a heads up to their next mission, just not how it's going to go.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Halko » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:37 pm

[rolls held]

Halko chuckles from where he's putting on his armor. "We originally scouted Chandrakant Two, minus Ego. We were looking for food stuffs and other resources for the fleet. From what we could tell its pretty empty of people. Just hungry dinos and plants that try to swallow you whole. If we have time and you have clearance, its possible you could pull the recordings downloaded from Brainiac's Dusk Hound."

Halko clamps a thigh plate into place, "We didn't see any ruins when we were there last but from what I hear the Fleet has been harvest sending teams, maybe they found something." He finishes up getting on his armor and starts pulling weapons out and laying them across his bunk. "Anyone need some flashbangs, I have about a dozen left from Grymdin. Anyway, There's also a giant and I do mean giant Atorian ship in orbit around the planet. It could probably house everyone in the Fleet and still have room to spare. That's likely why we're running silent."

Halko picks up his Galactic Standard pistol and weights it in his hand before he sets in down and goes for his A.D.F. pistol, "Since we're not undercover this time around, we'd do better to use our standard issue weapons. Better chance to resupply when we get back and we'll be able to share while we're on the ground."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Cairo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:54 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

As folks continue to meet and greet waiting for Nova to arrive, Cairo belts on his ADF Slugthrower, *Never know when we might hit on another damn nullifier. Best to have something besides my force-discs handy.* He begins to sort some stuff into and out of his backpack and spots the small canon Ego is strapping on with a cocked eyebrow a a bit of a grin, *Overcompensating much newkid? Hehehe Someone's upset that Brainiac's got him outclassed mentally. CJ pulls out a couple dozen Vanilla Protein Bars (24 = 4 for each of ya) and clothing that was previously in his pack to be replaced by a roll of duct tape, and his Hacking Computer (which he shoves into a safe somewhat protected space), "Sidearm seems fine here on the Stilleto, most folks I saw were strapped. New Harnesses should be useful. Crash, does your Engineering Kit have any cable ties?"

Simone Helbrect wrote:"So do any of you know what we're going to be doing? I so far have heard Ruins, and Chandrakant." Simone asks, hoping someone can shed light...


Cairo nods at Halkos summation, "Yup, all of what he said. Had not heard anything about Ruins yet. Waiting to hear more from our actually 'fearless' leader hehe ... "

When Nova eventually enters CJ offers a nod, "Duskhound, War Dog, and Hellhound are all loaded onto the new bird with that Sentry-Bot. Let me know if you need anything else picked up."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 31/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 26

Nova walks behind the crew from C.D.C. gathering his thoughts regarding the mission. Down to Chandrakant Two, EM cold. Recon the ruins, out and back to the PM by 1200 or get left behind for 48 hours. Archeologist can take the lead on this one. We'll likely need some vid-scan equipment to map out the place. Maybe some containers for taking artifacts with us. Next, we assist the 3rd on the Atorian vessel. Slip in, find out if it is manned, take control. Easy. Nova walks through the door to the Berthing and notices the 1st is already there and talking.
Cairo wrote:"Duskhound, War Dog, and Hellhound are all loaded onto the new bird with that Sentry-Bot. Let me know if you need anything else picked up."

"Good work. We leave ASAP and definitely want all of those on hand. "
Simone Helbrect wrote:"So do any of you know what we're going to be doing? I so far have heard Ruins, and Chandrakant."

Halko wrote:"We didn't see any ruins when we were there last but from what I hear the Fleet has been harvest sending teams, maybe they found something."

Halko wrote:"Anyway, There's also a giant and I do mean giant Atorian ship in orbit around the planet. It could probably house everyone in the Fleet and still have room to spare. That's likely why we're running silent."

"Listen up, 1st!" He waits until he has everyone's attention before continuing. "You've got questions, I've got answers. We've got a double set of main objectives and a whole hell of a lot of specifics, so put your ears on. We are heading back down to Chandrakant Two. The Highrollers are down there trying to beat Fang's hi-score. Bringing home the steaks and veggies. They uncovered some ruins that we are to inspect. To that end, we have our new member, Lance Corporal Simone Helbrecht. She's a Chaplin but more importantly, she's an Archeologist. That means, she says pick up the rock, you pick up the rock. She tells you to take a pic, you take the pic. She knows what she's doing and frankly, any of us would just be winging it." Rosseyn gestures to Ryden. "Some of our versions of winging it, more effective than others, obviously. We have until 1200 hours tomorrow to connect back up with the Profit Motive and Captain Janicus. Or else we wait out 48 more hours to ensure the giant Atorian ship in orbit doesn't pick us up. We are also there to evac the 2nd if needed. We are going in EM cold, no external comms until we are planetside. Once we have investigated these ruins and taken thorough holomapping images, our next objective is that big Atorian ship hovering around planet Two. We are to assist the Valkyries in determining its status and capturing it for our fleet. Are there any questions?"

If there are questions, Nova will answer them to the best of his knowledge.

If there are not, he will give a few final commands. "Helbrecht, you work with Brainiac to determine what equipment is necessary for mapping the ruins and retrieving or storing anything we may find there. Malath, Zeddeus, I want you two studied up on getting us to and from the Profit Motive with out that big Atorian vessel detecting us. I want it engineered foolproof and I want it yesterday. Halko, Xanreys, you're in charge of weapons and gear. Make sure we're all loaded on to the Albatross with everything we need."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Simone Helbrect » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:05 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

Simone stops whatever it was she was doing to listen to Rosseyn's briefing of their upcoming mission. Making mental notes about the operation coupled with actual notes on her datapad. When Rosseyn specifically asks her to do something she pays even more attention. Hmmm... not a lot of time to actually explore the ruins, at least in a proper archeological sense. SO we do this in a raid style and walk off with the money making loot so to speak. Simone thinks to herself.

Once Rosseyn is done, Simone will approach Ryden. "So we'll need a few items if mapping is what needs to be done. Seeing as we don't have a ton of time to do this, which is really the polar opposite of how archeology works. Could we get some drones with cameras and mapping software, that would make this real easy. If not, some standard cameras will have to do. A few padded cases to store artifacts, if we find any. Given the time frame I can pretty much toss a great deal of equipment out as too time consuming to bring and use, though some ground penetrating sonar would possibly be useful to see if there are any hidden chambers or such." Simone says all the while making notes on her datapad.

"I could use a pistol too, but that's pretty low priority I suppose." Simone says almost as an afterthought.

However much I love getting attention, this being in charge of the ruins aspect is a bit scary. These guys are the real deal special forces, while I'm just an amateur..." Simone thinks.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Cairo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:49 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Cairo listens quietly to the briefing summary by Nova, *Hmmm Chandrakant to inspect some random ruins with an Archaeologist Chaplain? Kind of a step down from 'Go get food to save the Fleet and all Arismal from extinction'. But ehhh, I guess we will see. What I'd like to get to is that Atorian ship. But it looks like that is secondary.* He does posit a question to Nova, "Not sure if you have an Anchor here on the Stiletto yet, but if we set one in a Brig Cell or a designated Airlock we might be able to offload any Atorian or a damn Nithian ... it might work well. Remember last time we had a shot at some Atorians for prisoners but had nowhere to secure them ... Or on an alternative note. From a certain distance you could use it to bring a damn large boarding party onto the Brush-head ship while hopefully still keeping the Stilleto out of harms way."

CJ gives an offhand reply to Simone, "When we landed last time, we ran across some 40ft dinosaurs, and some that were about ... I dunno 300-400lbs. So you really want to have something to discourage things unless you have a blaster-type power. Speaking of that, what powers will you be adding to our mix? Are you able to take a Capitol-Ship weapon to the chest and fire it back at them like Big-red-Backlash here? Or transform into energy like Nova? Just because information like that helps with all sorts of fun stuff."

Whatever the answer CJ nods, "We'll find you a Slug Thrower at minimum, can you handle a Rifle as well?"

Cairo looks over to Halko, "Should we grab 4 STARS? ... It would give us a couple spares if another SOG needs backups or in case of damage."
Last edited by Cairo on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Corrigon » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:40 am

Rolls carried

Simone Helbrect wrote:Simone shrugs. "As far as I can tell, it's because I'm an archeologist." Simone says before looking to the others.


"Archaeology," Corrigon raises an eyebrow, "seems to be an odd job to send us on. Hardly in our general ballpark for skills."

Rosseyn wrote:"Listen up, 1st!" He waits until he has everyone's attention before continuing. "You've got questions, I've got answers. We've got a double set of main objectives and a whole hell of a lot of specifics, so put your ears on. We are heading back down to Chandrakant Two. The Highrollers are down there trying to beat Fang's hi-score. Bringing home the steaks and veggies. They uncovered some ruins that we are to inspect. To that end, we have our new member, Lance Corporal Simone Helbrecht. She's a Chaplin but more importantly, she's an Archeologist. That means, she says pick up the rock, you pick up the rock. She tells you to take a pic, you take the pic. She knows what she's doing and frankly, any of us would just be winging it.


Oh, I stand corrected.

Rosseyn wrote:Are there any questions?"


Corrigon slings his gear onto his shoulder, ready to roll out as soon as the LC gave the order.

What is known about the ruins so far? Or are we the first ones in

Rosseyn wrote:Malath, Zeddeus, I want you two studied up on getting us to and from the Profit Motive with out that big Atorian vessel detecting us. I want it engineered foolproof and I want it yesterday.


"Foolproof is very slow though. Minimising engine energy output means running on thrusters for the most, only using the engines at a minimal level on the initial burn."
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Simone Helbrect » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:59 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Cairo wrote:CJ gives an offhand reply to Simone, "When we landed last time, we ran across some 40ft dinosaurs, and some that were about ... I dunno 300-400lbs. So you really want to have something to discourage things unless you have a blaster-type power. Speaking of that, what powers will you be adding to our mix? Are you able to take a Capitol-Ship weapon to the chest and fire it back at them like Big-red-Backlash here? Or transform into energy like Nova? Just because information like that helps with all sorts of fun stuff."

Whatever the answer CJ nods, "We'll find you a Slug Thrower at minimum, can you handle a Rifle as well?"


Simone looks to Cairo. "Big Dinosaurs, I've dealt with some large indigenous creatures before. As for what my powers are... I'm very fast, like hover bike fast. I've got enhanced hand eye coordination, I heal fast, and I don't get hurt easily... or at all that I am aware of. I've fallen off cliffs and suffered only torn clothes." Simone says to Cairo, trying to let him know in words things she doesn't quite understand.

"I've not used a rifle before." Simone answers truthfully.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Cairo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:50 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Simone Helbrect wrote:Simone looks to Cairo. "Big Dinosaurs, I've dealt with some large indigenous creatures before. As for what my powers are... I'm very fast, like hover bike fast. I've got enhanced hand eye coordination, I heal fast, and I don't get hurt easily... or at all that I am aware of. I've fallen off cliffs and suffered only torn clothes." Simone says to Cairo, trying to let him know in words things she doesn't quite understand.

"I've not used a rifle before." Simone answers truthfully.


CJ nods thoughtfully, "Okay, wonderful. Nice to have someone fast along, and good to know you have heightened durability. If you can handle a Slug-Thrower, the STAR is largely the same principle. We won't count on you for precision shots, but you can add suppression fire in conjunction with others. It will let you maintain a bit of a ranged threat, and heck with practice, you might just pick up proficiency. Basically don't take any first-shots and whenever others stop ... follow suit and you should be solid."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Niall » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:38 am

(Rolls carried over)

Nova wrote:We've got a double set of main objectives and a whole hell of a lot of specifics, so put your ears on. We are heading back down to Chandrakant Two. The Highrollers are down there trying to beat Fang's hi-score. Bringing home the steaks and veggies. They uncovered some ruins that we are to inspect. To that end, we have our new member, Lance Corporal Simone Helbrecht. She's a Chaplain but more importantly, she's an Archeologist. That means, she says pick up the rock, you pick up the rock. She tells you to take a pic, you take the pic.


Niall looks over at Simone and gives her an appreciative nod. Archaeologist? That's awesome... I'll bet she has a wealth of knowledge about ancient Arismal cultures that can be curated.

Nova wrote:"Once we have investigated these ruins and taken thorough holomapping images, our next objective is that big Atorian ship hovering around planet Two. We are to assist the Valkyries in determining its status and capturing it for our fleet. Are there any questions?"


Niall's eyes open wide, and his heart starts racing. That ship's like 20 miles long. There could be thousands of Atorians on there! Niall raises his hand. "Have the Valkyries gathered any further intel on that ship than what we had already? And... I don't guess we can call in a detachment of Marines to assist?" He laughs before any answer is given. "Scratch that last question. I already know the answer."

'Orders from spooks will get you killed', he said. Still... if anyone can clear out and commandeer a city-ship, it'll be us.

Nova wrote:Malath, Zeddeus, I want you two studied up on getting us to and from the Profit Motive with out that big Atorian vessel detecting us. I want it engineered foolproof and I want it yesterday.


Ego wrote:"Foolproof is very slow though. Minimising engine energy output means running on thrusters for the most, only using the engines at a minimal level on the initial burn."


Niall nods. "At a minimum. We can also use the planet's own EM field to partially shield us, if we approach from the far side of the planet from the Atorian ship. It also means no comms during the approach, and passive sensors only."

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 100% 1d100 = 97 (SUCCESS)
Electronic Countermeasures ☞ 86% 1d100 = 41 (SUCCESS)

"But if we really want stealth, what we should do is measure our EM-silent output - because even at EM silent there's still some emission, however minute - and get a reading of the planet's and star's EM field frequencies, and devise a way to transmit a masking signal to hide our EM output by making it appear like an ordinary EM flare - a planetary EM field fluctuation or a solar flare. We'd hide our signal inside a garbage signal of the same duration, at the same frequency as the sun or planet's EM field. We wouldn't be invisible, but we'd look like a sensor burp."

"It might be enough to mask a quick-fire of the sensors if we need them, or a pulse of the engine."

Computer Programming ☞ 81% 1d100 = 52 (SUCCESS)
Research ☞ 111% 1d100 = 66 (SUCCESS)

Niall will pull out his datapad and bring up the Albatross's schematics, and attempt to discover what the range of emissions are when flying EM-silent, however minimal. For future missions, we may want to build in a heat-sink to divert our engine's radiation emissions into... one where we can expel the build up at our convenience. But we don't have the time for that right now.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Augur » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:56 am

From the information that's been shared so far, it seems apparent that ADF operations are being conducted exclusively on the far side of the planet relative to the position of the Atorian vessel. Within the sensor shadow of the planet, they're relatively safe. It's the transit in-system that must be cautious.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4044
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Cairo » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:10 pm

Perception [59%][+15% in Space]: 1d100 = 17
JiC D20: 1d20 = 20
JiC D100: 1d100 = 27

As the discussion of EM masking and minimization arises between Crash and Ego, CJ leans over and quietly interjects, "Uhmm My sight lets me visually discern nonstandard areas of the EM spectrum. If you guys end up doing a dry run out in the Hangar before lift off, I would like to try and sight it visually running in your minimized configurations to see what the difference looks like ... "

OOC Comments
If Augur moves things directly past/through testing by Crash and Ego, CJ will use 1 EP for an offscreen Perception Roll to use his Spectrum Vision to help with EM signal detection for the Albatross.


Cairo pulls his computer back out and pulls up a blank Requisitions Form page to request:
cocking an eyebrow at Mr-Infantry (Halko), CJ asks, "Anything to add?". Cairo will add anything Halko comes up with before hitting send.

Military Etiquette 105%: 1d100 = 64 -- To get the thing filled out correctly and sent off to Stiletto Quartermaster/Supply Office.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Corrigon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:14 pm

Rolls carried

Niall wrote:Niall nods. "At a minimum. We can also use the planet's own EM field to partially shield us, if we approach from the far side of the planet from the Atorian ship. It also means no comms during the approach, and passive sensors only."


Niall wrote:"But if we really want stealth, what we should do is measure our EM-silent output - because even at EM silent there's still some emission, however minute - and get a reading of the planet's and star's EM field frequencies, and devise a way to transmit a masking signal to hide our EM output by making it appear like an ordinary EM flare - a planetary EM field fluctuation or a solar flare. We'd hide our signal inside a garbage signal of the same duration, at the same frequency as the sun or planet's EM field. We wouldn't be invisible, but we'd look like a sensor burp." "It might be enough to mask a quick-fire of the sensors if we need them, or a pulse of the engine."


Cairo wrote:As the discussion of EM masking and minimization arises between Crash and Ego, CJ leans over and quietly interjects, "Uhmm My sight lets me visually discern nonstandard areas of the EM spectrum. If you guys end up doing a dry run out in the Hangar before lift off, I would like to try and sight it visually running in your minimized configurations to see what the difference looks like ... "


"Let's head on down to the hanger. Hypotheticals are all well and good, but since we have a limited time window, the quicker we get to rigging something up on the Albatross, the better." Corrigon suggests, ready to head down to the hanger bay, "time waits for no man and the sooner we are ready, the sooner we can be down and carrying out our mission." though quite why we are going to these ruins escapes me.


Cairo wrote:cocking an eyebrow at Mr-Infantry (Halko), CJ asks, "Anything to add?"


Though Cairo wasn't addressing him, Corrigon throws out a suggestion as he walks past.
"We got any survival gear added to that? If we miss the rendezvous, then we'll be down there for a couple of days and I don't know about you, but my training isn't enough to keep all of you fit and healthy if we don't have the gear. equally, who knows what we'll find down there, so any survey gear wouldn't go amiss.
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Augur » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:01 pm

Cairo wrote:


A few minutes later a reply text is returned:

Code: Select all
Sir, we have these items. The armory is already at mandatory minimums though.

CSG ARDASHIR
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4044
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Niall » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:44 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 9

JIC 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 71

Cairo wrote:"Uhmm My sight lets me visually discern nonstandard areas of the EM spectrum. If you guys end up doing a dry run out in the Hangar before lift off, I would like to try and sight it visually running in your minimized configurations to see what the difference looks like ... "


Niall tilts his head at this information. "Is that... always on? That seems like it would be confusing." He smiles. "But yeah, your eyes would be a useful tool to have."

Ego wrote:"Let's head on down to the hanger. Hypotheticals are all well and good, but since we have a limited time window, the quicker we get to rigging something up on the Albatross, the better."


Niall nods, clipping his toolkits to his harness. "Let's do it."

Ego wrote:"We got any survival gear added to that? If we miss the rendezvous, then we'll be down there for a couple of days and I don't know about you, but my training isn't enough to keep all of you fit and healthy if we don't have the gear. equally, who knows what we'll find down there, so any survey gear wouldn't go amiss."


"I have some carryover gear I was issued for our last trip to Chandrakant. Didn't get to use much of it, though. tents and the like. Before I knew there were dinosaurs on the planet. I also have some chem lab equipment and sample containers. And I have a medical scanner from Grymdin."

With that, Niall will head to the Hangar.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Halko » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:53 pm

Percep 64%: 1d100 = 83
JIC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 10

CJ wrote:cocking an eyebrow at Mr-Infantry (Halko), CJ asks, "Anything to add?". Cairo will add anything Halko comes up with before hitting send.


Halko straps on the fancy new chest rig Ego brought in and starts loading it with a variety of things; four magazines, a side arm, stun baton, several different grenades and a flashlight. He grins over at anyone looking at him and he checks the positioning and his ability to reach the items. Then he pulls out his duffel bag and starts stuffing things into it, including one of the generic BDUs he got on Grymdin. "What couldn't I add to that list. But, no. It sounds pretty good to me though supply has got to be getting pretty stingy. I wouldn't get my hopes up on getting everything."

With that said Halko pulls a satchel filled with flash grenades out and slings it over one shoulder, then another filled with more grenades and ammunition. Next he pulls the GA pistol out and weighs it in his hand, turning to their newest member he holds out the pistol and says, "Helbrect, Here, take this. I only have the one clip for it, but maybe some of the other guys have some leftover spare ammo from Grymdin that they'd be willing to give over."

Turning back to his locker, Halko pulls out the GA shotgun and closes the locker with the butt of the weapon, "Well, I'm loaded up. Not leaving much behind besides some clothes and personal items." He chuckles, "Well, lets get to the Grifter before my knees buckle." Then he turns and heads out to the Stiletto's Hangar Bay with whoever else is ready.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Cairo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:02 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Niall wrote:Niall tilts his head at this information. "Is that... always on? That seems like it would be confusing." He smiles. "But yeah, your eyes would be a useful tool to have."


CJ shakes his head, "You are right, that would be challenging seeing in all spectrums at once concurrently. No, I need to shift my way through the strata of the EM Spectrum ... If I am in the wrong area I might miss something. But I am pretty good at trying to gauge things."

Augur wrote:
Requisition List wrote:


A few minutes later a reply text is returned:

Code: Select all
Sir, we have these items. The armory is already at mandatory minimums though.

CSG ARDASHIR


A gallows-humor chuckle escapes Cairo as he holds up the response from Supply to show Halko, "Behold! Military Intelligence hehehe ... We don't want to give you the standard issue guns for everyone on your trip down to dance with Dinosaurs and Alien Imperialists ... because we need to keep everyone on the ship not engaged in fighting strapped and ready to fight hehehe. God forbid someone up here use our nonstandards for the grand purpose of them 'feeling' better, and let us all bring down weapons with interchangeable ammunition. Next time we meet, remind me to just tie Zed up in our infinite supply of red-frakking-tape."

When Halko offers Simone his (Galactic) Auto-Pistol, CJ chimes in trying to make the best of things, "It's a good piece. Only fell apart on Halko twice. Not ADF but it has more rounds in a clip than we normally get, and twice the range. You trade off a bit of stopping power for a fair amount of everything else. Oh and down in the Hangar we have over 1000 rounds of ammunition, a spare silencer, and a few dozen clips. You can load up 10 of those and be good to go.".

Forming a Force Disc, Cairo tosses a Box of 100 Protein bars onboard along with anything anyone else does not want to carry, and again check with Nova on the Anchor point question if the man is lost in thought.

He will then head over to Supply to pick up whatever the tightfisted Quartermaster is willing to part with on his way [[ down to the Hangar ]], I thought we ran this frakking boat, and I can't get a couple damn standard issue pistols and rifles for our new transfers? What a shell game.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)

Postby Augur » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:15 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 55, 1030
Location: A.D.F.S. Stiletto


The 1MC crackles to life in the space from a series of speakers throughout the hangar. "All hands, brace for jump!"
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4044
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Next

Return to A.D.F.S. Stiletto

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest