OPS Deck: C.D.C.

CPT Ainsley Tanaka is the commanding officer of the A.D.F.S. Stiletto, one of the remaining Prowess Class Destroyers in the fleet.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Augur » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:47 pm

Image


The Combat Direction Center is the brain of the ship.

Captain Ainsley Tanaka is the commanding officer of the Stiletto and Commander Lasseya Qorbin is the executive officer.
ImageImage

Bridge Crew:
Digital Informational Specialist (CPL)
Diagnostic Engineer (SGT)
Gunnery Specialist (SSG)
Fleet Pilots (2, both 2LT's)
EWO (CSGT)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:44 am

Perception: 1d100 = 14/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 66

Rosseyn enters C.D.C. and looks around the room. The technology may not be targeting him at the moment, but its presence can be felt strongly. He looks for Captain Tanaka, salutes her and says "Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn Ridatharen and the 1st SOG reporting for duty, ma'am."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Ryden » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:06 pm

Perception 83%/1d100 = 53
JIC: 1d100 = 94, 1d20 = 16

Ryden accompanies Nova, taking a moment to scan a nearby map so he can download a ship's map until he learns the ship. He shares it to the team via email and pops up a location map in his visor's far right upper corner for Nova as well. Ryden salutes when his superior does and immediately scans CDC for the doors or stations to where his capital ship counterparts stay in. Otherwise he stays silent, glancing to the ship's XO, if present.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Augur » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 55, 0900
Location: A.D.F.S. Stiletto


Rosseyn wrote:"Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn Ridatharen and the 1st SOG reporting for duty, ma'am."


Commander Qorbin and a few other officers and enlisted folk are the only ones present in C.D.C. The pilots appear to be quite busy. "Commander, the Captain will be present for transit to Chandrakant in an hour. I'd suggest your men get situated. In the mean time, I can bring you up to speed." The commander looks tired. Clearly, she's been awake and on-duty non-stop since their ceremony the previous day. It occurs to Rosseyn that with only two senior officers onboard the Stiletto, the Commander and the Captain must have twelve hour shift rotations and both be on-call at all times. It must be exhausting. She walks to the holo-tank near the center of C.D.C. and turns it on. A holographic display of the Chandrakant star system manifests in the projection area above the holo-tank emitter.
Image
A number of ADF icons are present on the far side of the second planet of the system. Inspection of these icons reveals most to be the Liberty class transports, one represents the A.D.F.S. Profit Motive. One icon is on the surface of the planet: the 2nd SOG (The High-Rollers). One last ADF icon in on the near side of the planet (the 3rd SOG--The Valkyries), and overlayed atop that of an Imperial icon representing a ship of the Atorian Empire. Commander Qorbin starts laying out the situation. First, she zooms in to the Atorian ship icon and the 3rd SOG.
Image
"Acting on intel you provided some time back, the 3rd SOG has been deployed to board and capture this vessel. All other assets have been directed to steer clear of the ship and to avoid detection by it as we're uncertain of its capabilities, but know it to be enormous. They're to report contact and status within an hour of our arrival in-system." She zooms back out to the system-wide view, then back in to the second planet.
Image
"While squads of personnel and the second SOG were hunting and gathering foodstuffs on-planet, the second SOG found a site with ruins from some unknown civilization. They report the ruins appear to be some sort of religious structure, but no one has yet been able to access the structure. Captain Janicus of the Profit Motive, he's in charge of the resupply mission in this system and has operational command, has been advised by fleet chaplains to not allow normal ground forces to attempt further entry. The second SOG found the site and marked it, but are presently deep in the bush and unavailable for assignment to the further investigate the ruins...which is where the first SOG comes in. Commander Akeno wants your SOG to investigate those ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as you deem fit and according to your own priority assessment." She looks up to Rosseyn. "Questions?"
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Ryden » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:02 pm

Perception 83%/1d100 = 77
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 55

Ryden bristles mentally at the thought of the Second SOG being considered normal ground forces, and knows that everyone on that team is either glad to be reinforced so as to not spread themselves thin, or ticked they didn't get the job. Ryden is typing on his tablet as the Commander speaks, gathering notes and conversation points. Of note are the following:
Tablet wrote:Estimated Timeline of completion of the Profit Motive's current phase of mission?
Any reports of Atorian contact?
Are there any special directives or mission objectives regarding the ruins beyond the obvious tasks of exploration and reporting findings?
Obviously the Profit Motive is in charge of their mission, but where does the Stilletto (and therefore the 1st SOG) fall into chain of command in regards to ongoing missions?

When she asks for questions, he it off to his CO and waits quietly. He neither speaks nor makes motions or expressions he wishes to do so. Instead he is looking at the crew. Are they also on 12 hour shifts? He's looking at the rank of the various ratings around them as well.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Augur » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:02 pm

Ryden notes a single DIS (CPL), a diagnostic engineer (SGT), a gunnery specialist (SSG), two fleet pilots (both 2LT's), and an EWO (CSGT) among the bridge crew under the XO's command.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Rosseyn » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 19/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 10

With the Captain absent, Rosseyn focuses his attention on the Commander.
Commander Qorbin wrote:"Commander, the Captain will be present for transit to Chandrakant in an hour. I'd suggest your men get situated. In the mean time, I can bring you up to speed."

Rosseyn nods and says "Yes, ma'am, Commander."
Commander Qorbin wrote:"Acting on intel you provided some time back, the 3rd SOG has been deployed to board and capture this vessel. All other assets have been directed to steer clear of the ship and to avoid detection by it as we're uncertain of its capabilities, but know it to be enormous. They're to report contact and status within an hour of our arrival in-system."

Here's hoping that mission is successful and smooth. If any auto defense systems were to turn on, it could be disastrous for the 3rd.
Commander Qorbin wrote:"While squads of personnel and the second SOG were hunting and gathering foodstuffs on-planet, the second SOG found a site with ruins from some unknown civilization. They report the ruins appear to be some sort of religious structure, but no one has yet been able to access the structure."
Primitives attempting to dwell in the shade of Cojo, naturally.
Commander Qorbin wrote:"The second SOG found the site and marked it, but are presently deep in the bush and unavailable for assignment to the further investigate the ruins...which is where the first SOG comes in. Commander Akeno wants your SOG to investigate those ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as you deem fit and according to your own priority assessment. Questions?"
Oh frak. We're going in to the ruins?
Maintaining solid eye contact, Rosseyn accepts the mission. He's about to tell the Commander that he has no questions when Ryden hands him a tablet full of inquiries. Looking down at the tablet, he asks the following questions one by one.
Tablet wrote:Estimated Timeline of completion of the Profit Motive's current phase of mission?
Any reports of Atorian contact?
Are there any special directives or mission objectives regarding the ruins beyond the obvious tasks of exploration and reporting findings?
Obviously the Profit Motive is in charge of their mission, but where does the Stilletto (and therefore the 1st SOG) fall into chain of command in regards to ongoing missions?
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Augur » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:12 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 55, 1000
Location: A.D.F.S. Stiletto


Rosseyn and Ryden listen and cross examine Commander Qorbin for a while regarding the tasks at hand. Captain Janicus' time table has him jumping the Profit Motive back to the fleet by 1200 tomorrow after the next round of cargo transfers. A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. Light imperial interceptors have been passively detected in proximity to the mothership, as well as an occasional shuttle.
ImageImage

While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The Profit Motive is in charge of the supply mission. The Stilletto is in-system at the behest of the S.O.C., but while in this theater is constrained by Janicus' operational directives and constraints. The 1st SOG is here to execute the broad mission goals of the S.O.C. and the Stilletto is at their command. Captain Tanaka enters C.D.C. as Commander Qorbin, Rosseyn, and Ryden are wrapping up their briefing. "Captain on Deck!" shouts the first crewman to notice her entrance. Those standing snap to to attention. Those seated simply sit up more formally and stop talking.

"As you were," Captain Tanaka states matter-of-factly as she approaches the two pilots. "We have less than two hours to deliver the 1st SOG to its destination if they need us to get closer to the planet. Theater directives require us to prevent our detection by the imperial ship while assets are on the surface. Start plotting for high burn."

She looks to Rosseyn, her face a mask of businesslike composure. "Your intentions, Commander?"

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 42

With Qorbin giving thorough answers to all of Ryden/Rosseyn's questions, Nova listens intently, determining the best course of action for his team and their first mission under this command.
First Crewman wrote:"Captain on Deck!"

Rosseyn turns and stands at attention, facing Captain Tanaka.
Captain Tanaka wrote:"As you were"

Rosseyn brings his hand back down but continues to pay attention/listen to Captain Tanaka as she speaks. As she mentions the lack of time they have left to putter around, he nods his agreement.
Augur wrote:"Your intentions, Commander?"

"Captain. I was just taking in the information and have decided that our first stop will be these ruins. I understand that we have until 1200 tomorrow to investigate. We will finish our lookaround well before then and meet back up with the Profit Motive. So long as there's no surprises. The 3rd can handle themselves but the 1st will be on-call to offer assistance once the Atorian ship's capabilities are better known to us. Thank you Captain."

When they are done with official talk, Rosseyn will ask the Captain to step to the side so her can talk to her in 'private'. "After the attempted coup, there are some rumblings of, how would you say, political ideologies floating around. Are you familiar with these? Shrike, Unity and Phoenix?" If she doesn't display familiarity, he will give the basic rundown of each ideology. If she displays familiarity or once he's explained it well enough, he will ask "What are your thoughts about these ideologies? And are you a subscriber to any of them? As my Captain, its important to know what page you're on. To avoid any miscommunications, of course."

Once their business is all wrapped up, Rosseyn turns to Brainiac and says "Lieutenant Hunter. Send a message to the 2nd for me. Let them know that we got the dino steaks first. It's in Fang's frakking callsign." Back down to Chandy Two? Well, this time we hopefully won't run into Zed. The giant lizards were enough.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Augur » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:29 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 55, 1015
Location: A.D.F.S. Stiletto


Rosseyn wrote:"Captain. I was just taking in the information and have decided that our first stop will be these ruins. I understand that we have until 1200 tomorrow to investigate. We will finish our look around well before then and meet back up with the Profit Motive. So long as there's no surprises. The 3rd can handle themselves but the 1st will be on-call to offer assistance once the Atorian ship's capabilities are better known to us. Thank you, Captain."

Captain Tanaka nods once and turns to address the bridge crew. "Nav, plot high burn for the planet keeping us in the sensor shadow of the planet. We don't want the Atorians to be able to intercept us. Conn, begin transit immediately once you have Nav's plot. EWO, passive sensors only. Gunner, keep the ballistics hot and the energy cold. Time to get to work people, we've got a package to deliver!"

Rosseyn wrote:Rosseyn asks the Captain to step to the side so her can talk to her in 'private'. "After the attempted coup, there are some rumblings of, how would you say, political ideologies floating around. Are you familiar with these? Shrike, Unity and Phoenix? What are your thoughts about these ideologies? And are you a subscriber to any of them? As my Captain, it's important to know what page you're on. To avoid any miscommunications, of course."

She eyes Rosseyn coolly for a moment, her eyes lingering on his M.O.S. insignia. "I've heard these terms in passing. I don't think they qualify as ideologies, more like sentiments or attitudes." She shrugs. "They sound relatively self-descriptive in their connotations. As to my own biases, I'm sure I must have them, but I prefer to keep an open mind and consider arguments before coming to a decision. As of yet, I don't think there has been much discussion outside of berthings and mess halls, let alone formal arguments or debates."

Rosseyn wrote:Rosseyn turns to Brainiac and says "Lieutenant Hunter. Send a message to the 2nd for me. Let them know that we got the dino steaks first. It's in Fang's frakking callsign." Back down to Chandy Two? Well, this time we hopefully won't run into Zed. The giant lizards were enough.

Ryden will quickly find that his access to external communications has been totally eliminated; the ship is running EM-silent.

Captain Tanaka walks over to the holographic projector on which the ship's navigational route is plotted, reaches to the overhead above and just outside the projector's field, and pulls down a mic.
"Good morning, Stiletto. We have a simple mission ahead: deliver the Tirst SOG to a launch point on Chandrakant two. In our way is a giant Atorian ship of unknown design or intention. We have to get the First SOG to a launch point without being detected or else all operations in the system will have to be abandoned. That means no meat and vegetables for a long time, shipmates! Let's get to work! Set EMCON condition alpha throughout the ship, and all hands brace for hard burn and heavy G's! Captain Tanaka, out."

Commander Qorbin steps out of the shadows. There's another woman behind her: short for an Arismal, with orange/blonde, brown-streaked hair pulled into a short ponytail, tanned, freckled skin, and bright blue eyes. She has a slender build and adorns it with a loose fitting duty uniform. Qorbin walks toward Rosseyn. "Commander, this is Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect. Special Operations Command had her yanked from her easy life aboard the Opportunity to lend her skills to your team. 'Speckles' told me to relay to you a personal message," she leans and says in a low whisper "he said 'good luck taming this kitten, she has claws.'" Qorbin then straightens up and, with a smirk to Rosseyn, takes a step back and allows Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect some space to introduce herself to her new immediate supervisor.

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Simone Helbrect » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 42
Conditions: None

Simone looks at those arrayed in front of her with a bit of nervous apprehension. "Lance Corporal Helbrect reporting for duty sir." Simone says with a clipped cadence of someone trying just a hair too hard to sound right, and an almost mechanical salute. Simone stands quietly while someone with either more bars or stars tells her what to do or at the very least why she's there. Man I had a cushy gig too, seriously how hard is it to be a Chaplin for two people. I bet you it was that damned Pembrook, he just didn't want to share the good meal packs with me anymore. Simone thinks melancholy of her former posting and shipmates. If I hadn't of gotten caught with that bust of King Nu'Butu on Phorilla, I'd still be free and likely richer than I am now. Simone continues to think to herself.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Ryden » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:51 pm

Perception 83%/1d100 = 67
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 9

Rosseyn wrote:"Captain. I was just taking in the information and have decided that our first stop will be these ruins. I understand that we have until 1200 tomorrow to investigate. We will finish our lookaround well before then and meet back up with the Profit Motive. So long as there's no surprises. The 3rd can handle themselves but the 1st will be on-call to offer assistance once the Atorian ship's capabilities are better known to us. Thank you Captain."

Ryden quickly types a message to the First. 'Mission update: We are going for planet fall in two hours. Begin prep and await debrief by Nova. We're going exploring planetside.'

Rosseyn wrote:Once their business is all wrapped up, Rosseyn turns to Brainiac and says "Lieutenant Hunter. Send a message to the 2nd for me. Let them know that we got the dino steaks first. It's in Fang's frakking callsign."

Augur wrote:Ryden will quickly find that his access to external communications has been totally eliminated; the ship is running EM-silent.

Ryden only looked to confirm his suspicions. "Will do first chance we're not on radio silence. Looks like the fleet is copying the non-dead stick aspect of our initial approach." He chuckles.

Simone Helbrect wrote:"Lance Corporal Helbrect reporting for duty sir."

Once Nova has a chance to make introductions, Ryden quietly butts in. His voice is low enough not to disturb the chatter of the bridge. "I'm Lt. Ryden Hunter, but call me Brainiac. Pleased to meet you Helbrect, may I have your goggles and radio real quick?" Once he gets both, he quickly uploads some security patches and updates - all standard for the squad. It links her to their comm net, uploads the current round of encryption, and adds her to the messaging protocols. "We use text comms almost as much as radio, so keep an eye on your visor. Also, your default transmit mode is in microburst. Talk, let go, it sends. We operate EM light given the chance." He gives her directions to their berthing and the hanger. "Go stow your stuff as soon as we're done here and let's get mission ready. So Chaplain, eh? Don't see you guys out in this kind of work often."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Simone Helbrect » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:14 pm

((Rolls Carried over))

Ryden wrote:Once Nova has a chance to make introductions, Ryden quietly butts in. His voice is low enough not to disturb the chatter of the bridge. "I'm Lt. Ryden Hunter, but call me Brainiac. Pleased to meet you Helbrect, may I have your goggles and radio real quick?" Once he gets both, he quickly uploads some security patches and updates - all standard for the squad. It links her to their comm net, uploads the current round of encryption, and adds her to the messaging protocols. "We use text comms almost as much as radio, so keep an eye on your visor. Also, your default transmit mode is in microburst. Talk, let go, it sends. We operate EM light given the chance." He gives her directions to their berthing and the hanger. "Go stow your stuff as soon as we're done here and let's get mission ready. So Chaplain, eh? Don't see you guys out in this kind of work often."


After responding to the Lt. Commander, Simone looks to Ryden.

"Uh, yeah sure. I mean yes sir." Simone says a bit in shock as she hands over her goggles and radio to Ryden. Simone tries to keep up with Ryden's tech speak but is lost almost from the beginning. "Yeah there aren't to many of us Chaplins in the fleet, they had me on a Liberty Class Transport for a bit." Simone says in response to Ryden's question about Chaplins. How did he know I was a Chaplin... My rating badge, I'm an idiot. Thinks while almost looking sheepish about her mental fubar.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Ryden » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:47 am

(rolls carried over)
"In formal settings, like this, observe all protocol. Otherwise, can it. We operate too much out in the field to let a salute get someone killed. We just spent some time off-fleet in a hostile, if cool, location called Grymdin. It would have been disastrous to have folks following protocol on an op like that."

He watches her reaction to the name of the alien station. He is gauging her reaction to alien cultures.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 100

Captain Tanaka wrote:"I've heard these terms in passing. I don't think they qualify as ideologies, more like sentiments or attitudes." She shrugs. "They sound relatively self-descriptive in their connotations. As to my own biases, I'm sure I must have them, but I prefer to keep an open mind and consider arguments before coming to a decision. As of yet, I don't think there has been much discussion outside of berthings and mess halls, let alone formal arguments or debates."

Much too smart for that easy of a question, Nova. Maybe Qorbin will be an easier nut to crack. Oh, who am I kidding, she's wound up tighter than a Tamaberry vine.
"Understood. Thank you Captain."

Commander Qorbin wrote:"Commander, this is Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect. Special Operations Command had her yanked from her easy life aboard the Opportunity to lend her skills to your team."

Rosseyn sizes the woman up with out moving. She's short. What the hell skills does she have that they put an unknown amongst us directly before an Op?

Commander Qorbin wrote:"'Speckles' told me to relay to you a personal message," she leans and says in a low whisper "he said 'good luck taming this kitten, she has claws.'" Qorbin then straightens up and, with a smirk to Rosseyn, takes a step back and allows Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect some space to introduce herself to her new immediate supervisor.

With Commander Qorbin walking out, Nova is left to marinate in that message. Damnit, Speckles. What did you set me up with?
"Stand at attention Lance Corporal." Nova walks a circle around her, taking in her attire, posture and anything else he can get a good sense of. He ends standing in front of her, five inches away, looking down at her. "I'm not a fan of new blood just before an Op, Helbrect. Tell me about yourself. Specifically, what makes you special that makes you worth bringing into these ruins with my crew, the 1st Special Operations Group."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Simone Helbrect » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:14 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Rosseyn wrote:"Stand at attention Lance Corporal." Nova walks a circle around her, taking in her attire, posture and anything else he can get a good sense of. He ends standing in front of her, five inches away, looking down at her. "I'm not a fan of new blood just before an Op, Helbrect. Tell me about yourself. Specifically, what makes you special that makes you worth bringing into these ruins with my crew, the 1st Special Operations Group."


Simone stands at attention, at least as best as she's been taught to do so. What are they doing to me? Simone thinks just before Rosseyn mentions ruins. "I'm an accredited archeologist sir, with post graduate studies in theological archeology. And to be honest before your mention of it, I had no idea why I was here, other than I was likely being moved to a bigger ship that might actually require a Chaplin versus a transport with a crew of two. Sir." Simone says bluntly, without a lot of emotional attachment to her statement.

"If you could possibly give me more information than ruins, i may be able to actually speculate information about the site, though if I were a betting woman I would guess no one has the slightest clue what they're about, sir." Simone says her confidence flaring.

"Is that enough information, or do you need more about me? Sir." Simone says, this time hoping she hasn't overstepped her bounds.


Ryden wrote:"In formal settings, like this, observe all protocol. Otherwise, can it. We operate too much out in the field to let a salute get someone killed. We just spent some time off-fleet in a hostile, if cool, location called Grymdin. It would have been disastrous to have folks following protocol on an op like that."


Simone looks to Ryden, not sure what to think of the comment followed by the question. Is he trolling me? "Grymdin, it's a nice enough place, especially if you're a civilian." Simone responds before going one further to see Ryden's reaction. "Did you make it to the Phili Residential Parish? The spire has a certain charm to it."
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Ryden » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:25 pm

(rolls held)
Simone Helbrect wrote:Simone looks to Ryden, not sure what to think of the comment followed by the question. Is he trolling me? "Grymdin, it's a nice enough place, especially if you're a civilian." Simone responds before going one further to see Ryden's reaction. "Did you make it to the Phili Residential Parish? The spire has a certain charm to it."


He snorts. "You're joking right? No, we spent more time Soniua, Novoo, and a few other places. Good to know you're well traveled though. Let me guess, you spent time off world on digs?" The places he mentioned were literally the main areas a spacer might go - to shop and make deals. Not the playground of the ultra rich and corrupt on Grymdin. So far he'd stayed away from anything potentially worrisome, in terms of secrets.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Simone Helbrect » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:33 pm

((Rolls Held Over))

Ryden wrote:He snorts. "You're joking right? No, we spent more time Soniua, Novoo, and a few other places. Good to know you're well traveled though. Let me guess, you spent time off world on digs?" The places he mentioned were literally the main areas a spacer might go - to shop and make deals. Not the playground of the ultra rich and corrupt on Grymdin. So far he'd stayed away from anything potentially worrisome, in terms of secrets.


Lore: Alien 1d100 = 55/45% Fail

Simone looks at Ryden. "Now who's well traveled, sir." I think he's making up some of those names. Simone thinks to herself. "Grymdin wasn't my particular favorite place I mostly wound up there for business reasons. I spent most of my short career closer to the home world to be honest." Simone says hoping to slow down the bravado contest she may have accidentally started.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Cairo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:07 pm

Email to Squad wrote:Back to Chandrakant?
Raiding a Brushhead outpost or colony?
Do we have a good map of the Planet this time?
Maybe we bring some extra hard drives and pillage their Starcharts etc.?
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 594
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Ryden » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:27 am

(rolls held)

Ryden nods at her evasion. 'She's dealt with people from there, but never been there. Good to now. Got big brass ones though.' Right about then a message shoots across his visor. "Nova, we need to brief the team before Fang invents a mission for us."

When Nova agrees, he will look to see if they have the captain's permission to depart, salute if appropriate, and then head off to the Berthing.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Rosseyn » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:51 am

(Rolls held over)
Simone Helbrect wrote:"I'm an accredited archeologist sir, with post graduate studies in theological archeology. And to be honest before your mention of it, I had no idea why I was here, other than I was likely being moved to a bigger ship that might actually require a Chaplin versus a transport with a crew of two. Sir."

Great. They gave me a mundy with a shit attitude. At least she's an archeologist. Hell, I don't know what I was planning on doing in ruins. Take pictures? Bring back some rocks? Be easy, Ridatharen.
"An Archeologist and a Chaplin? Well then the gods must have placed you with us for a reason. Praise to Altas. What's your Tier, Lance Corporal Helbrect? What are your gifts? I know what each of my men can do, but you are thus far an absolute mystery, and therefore a liability."

Cairo wrote:
Email to Squad wrote:Back to Chandrakant?
Raiding a Brushhead outpost or colony?
Do we have a good map of the Planet this time?
Maybe we bring some extra hard drives and pillage their Starcharts etc.?

Ryden wrote:"Nova, we need to brief the team before Fang invents a mission for us."

Nova looks down at his watch to read his e-mail. "Crap, you're right. Let's roll out." Nova turns and looks to Helbrecht. "At ease, soldier. And welcome to the 1st SOG. May this first mission not be your last. Bring your kit, we're heading to the Berthing. Introduce you to the rest of the gang."

Nova heads out with Ryden to the Berthing to brief the crew.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: OPS Deck: C.D.C.

Postby Simone Helbrect » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:55 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

Rosseyn wrote:"An Archeologist and a Chaplin? Well then the gods must have placed you with us for a reason. Praise to Altas. What's your Tier, Lance Corporal Helbrect? What are your gifts? I know what each of my men can do, but you are thus far an absolute mystery, and therefore a liability."


Simone inwardly sighs. Boss already hates me... Great. "I'm a Tier three sir, As far as I know I have enhance hand eye coordination, I heal quickly, and I am very resistant to physical injury... Like I may be able to survive a building landing on me with only scuffed up clothes." Simone says. hoping she's answered the question right. "Oh I'm also very fast. I always forget that one."

Rosseyn wrote:Nova looks down at his watch to read his e-mail. "Crap, you're right. Let's roll out." Nova turns and looks to Helbrecht. "At ease, soldier. And welcome to the 1st SOG. May this first mission not be your last. Bring your kit, we're heading to the Berthing. Introduce you to the rest of the gang."


"Yes Sir." Simone says.

CRW Deck: Berthing (1st SOG)
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm


Return to A.D.F.S. Stiletto

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest