The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

The Spook Squad & the Roughnecks team up to tackle a dangerous, high stakes mission in the Federation of Magic.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Augur » Wed May 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1431
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: Middle of the wilderness, along the Ohio River.

Order of Battle
John is blazing the trail afoot.
Minerva leading NE-ATRV on her MBT-300 Black Talon Motorcycle
NE-ATRV (2/18 tons so far)
  • Ray Robot is piloting the ATRV
  • Sil, Sshir, Slithn are in the cargo bay with Whisper's Mecha Knight PA
  • Bettie
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar are flying alongside the ATRV
Lahz is following ATRV in his Marauder PA
Tony the Tiger-Bot is shadowing Lahz


Shit Gets Real in the Magic Zone
Aboard the ATRV, Whisper says mostly to herself, "Hey, um, I'm still, uh, here."

Bel'Dar and Broskwa, flying beside the ATRV, perk up at the prospect of hostilities, but take no action aside from glowering down at Vheld with clear disapproval. Sil, in the cargo bay with Whisper, urges Slithn and Sshir out the rear of the ATRV, and shoots back a vague and general sense of disgust directed toward Vheld along his telepathic transmission. On the way out, Slithn shouts at Whisper, "You reek of cowardice and weakness--fitting for a pathetic mortal such as yourself!"

Mercedes taunts Minerva, "Ha! Way to go, killer!" She follows Jack out as she draws her sword and follows him to meet up with the others. They're stopped by the implicit threat of the dragon looming over their heads suddenly along with the appearance of two individuals who look pretty intense. One is a large, bald man wearing baggy trousers and with scars all across his broad, muscular chest whose demeanor suggests he needs no weapons to be a valid threat. The other is a humanoid of about four feet in height who is similarly shirtless, but has a full head of hair, a large beard, an axe that looks like extremely functional artwork it's so well crafted and jewel-encrusted, and a bow & quiver slung over his shoulder. Mercedes growls, "If you think you'd like to die today, I'm happy to oblige."

The short man grimaces and the grip on his axe visibly tightens, but the big, bald man chuckles with his hands on his hips. He replies, "I like your style. No intimidation, just an honest statement. That's rather odd for a mage."

John, Wakiza, Minerva, and Vheld are gathered around the dead woman's body. To the north (map relative) of their position is a bearded man with deep-set crow's feet wrapped in a handsome, if plain, red and gold trimmed cloak. The cloak conceals all but his stature and the way he carries himself. Of all those present, including the mercenaries, he seems the most calm and composed. The man to his left is a huge, round man of incredible girth, and entirely hairless who wears no shirt, but baggy purple pants and a large belt across his midsection on which are a score or more trinkets, stoppered vials, and other miscellany of an indeterminate nature. To his left is an attractive woman with curly golden hair wearing what's quite clearly magic armor of some sort, a wicked-looking blade hangs from her belt, and she has a magic staff in hand. To her left is a man who's on the shorter side with dark hair, a heavy glower to his visage, and who's wrapped in a charcoal colored cloak; he has a TW rifle of some sort in hand, pointed at the heavens, and leaning across his shoulder at ease. From John's vantage he sees there's another person to (John's) left who's wearing an ornate, horned, magical helmet which covers his entire face, strange-looking heavy armor, and who has some kind of similarly bizarre-looking large gun which he's carrying with both hands.

Wakiza activates his force field and says over the group comm channel, "Minerva just executed a villager, through a solid punch to the woman's face. Bone and blood showing. Minerva seems disturbed by it, but she threw an unprovoked punch to test a theory. Oh and now we have other operators in our midst. If anything happens, John, the dragon is yours!"

Wak says through his suit's loudspeaker, "Good morning. We are investigating the disappearance of other villagers, and the threat from some nasty major player who supposedly steal souls. As you aren't trying to stop the villagers from leaving, can I assume you really don't give a shit?" He looks them over, "What do you know about these disappearances?" The opposing group looks toward Wak as he speaks. When he mentions the villagers leaving they seem to look around and a brief look of understanding can be seen on their faces just before Lahz addresses the group.

From his relatively distant position, Lahz aggressively argues over his loudspeaker at an incredible volume, "What was her name? This Citizen you are concerned with. Where in your territory was she from? Quite frankly, I have doubts you know if she was one of yours. Further, your big friend might be able to kill us all, but then you better get the fuck out of here before the forty-five long range missiles on standby get here from Merctown for when my frakking heart stops beating."

Hearing Lahz the men all turn to look at each other as if to consider his threat. From the back a faint giggle can be heard from the sudden silence, then the giggle seems to transform to a laugh. Contagiously the laugh begins to erupt from the men one by one adding to the what must seem like a group at a comedy show. After a few moments the laughter slowly dies down and fat, bald man is able to choke down his chuckles enough to reply, "Forty-five? You sure it wasn't forty-six? Or maybe it's forty-seven and team of power armored mercenaries? With this final rhetorical question he falls back into laughter.

Vheld interjects, "Don't be stupid. We just got here, and these villagers have been enthralled for some time. Check where they're heading. Our scout saw a necromancer of some sort. We believe he intends to take their souls. If you waste time and effort fighting us, he will escape and your superiors will be displeased."

John points down at the poor woman's corpse. "If you've been watching for more than five seconds, you know that we just tried to save this woman. And do we look like the kind of people who can mind control an entire town? What would we even do with them? The person who's controlling them is a mile out in the woods, waiting for the craphole village traveling show to arrive. It's easy enough to prove, if you want to come with us. He looks like the human embodiment of the concept 'bad touch.' Or pop a Truth spell and ask again. Either way, if we go at it, he's probably going to hear the fighting and rabbit." The dragon overhead is big, really big, and wingless. It's also kind of purple and blue. Other than that, John knows bupkiss about it.

Jack seems to be the voice of reason...which oddly appears in the tone and cadence of his unusual accent. "Hold on, hold on, don’t shoot! We just got here thirty minutes or so ago. We saw an abandoned village and people on the opposite bank. Look at the boat. How long would it have taken someone to get a village across from over there to here--an entire village. Look at the villagers. They are under some sort of trance. Try to stop them. Talk to the leaders. We are here to investigate the mysterious disappearances, too. We have a contract. From Merctown. Now, if you are concerned, why don’t you send some of your people with us?" The bald, scarred man in baggy trousers looks to his short colleague who nods, and the two wordlessly let Jack and Mercedes pass to join the others in what passes for this hamlet's main thoroughfare. They pass under a few trees overhanging the edge of he road, and then by a huge, fat man before coming to stand near Minerva and Vheld.

Vheld, John and Jack try to reason with the strangers. They seem to calm a bit after hearing Jack out. The laughter has at least finally stopped and the group seems to be listening fully at this time. They still don't seem to fully trust the adventurers but a keen eye can tell they are coming around.

Minerva hardens her body and steps forward with her hands raised in peace. "You have heard from my compatriots about the villagers and their current state. I swear to all of the gods that will listen, that I simply meant to jostle her out of her stupor. I did not mean to kill her, I am truly saddened by this and I understand how this must look. We are not kidnappers and we have our assignment to stop the force that is doing so. Please help us stop this threat to your people before it is too late."

The man in the center steps toward Minerva pointing down at the woman, "This is your idea of a jostle? Are you people for real? Your friend threatens long range missiles." He pauses for a brief moment to choke back a laugh as he says missiles, regains his composure and finishes, "You speak of caring. You ask if we do. What should be said to this woman's family when they are found? Do you really care, or has the fear we instill inspired you all to terrible lies? Some more entertaining than others." he finishes.

Vheld and Mercedes both get a sudden flash feeling of an impending rift about to open somewhere along the ley line on which they're standing. A moment later, there's a sudden, intense, flash of blue-white light overhead of a structure on the north side of town (up on map), a compact but intensely bright rift opens along the barely visible, pale blue ley line, and some object emerges from the rift at breakneck speed and smashes through the roof of a small house...the house Will was investigating.

GM NOTE: Mercedes, include your base skill when posting your perception so GMs don't have to go digging for it.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)

Shit Gets Weird in the Magic Zone
Will says out loud to himself, "She did what? Who are these Spooks you got us involved with, Wak? What do you mean other operators? Dragon?! Crap, I'm inside a house in the village. I'll be at the ready if I hear a shot go off." Will draws his Thundergun intent to wait for a sign of combat, when the room he's in fluctuates in color within the blue range of the visible color spectrum before crackling to life with magic energy. Will is thrown on his ass as a kinetic shockwave hits him like an unstoppable wave of water. A moment later there's the muffled sound of a physical impact, and the room is filled with dust. A man in strange armor is picking himself up from the floor, a thin sheet of a metal-like material obscures the finer details of the armor he's wearing. It's tangled around him in a way reminiscent of a fouled parachute or big blanket, yet seems to have once been shaped something like an egg.

(Ronan, there's your intro!)

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/ISP/PPE spent

John Altfeld:
Murdoc:
William Summers: -7 P.P.E.
Bettie Houser:
Jack Killian: -10 I.S.P. for Enhanced Perceptions
Flynn:
Mercedes:
Wakiza: -10 I.S.P. -30 I.S.P. for Psychic Body Field
Cro:
Whisper:
Lahz:
Minerva:
Vheld:
ATRV:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5217
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Ronan » Thu May 16, 2019 12:43 am

JiC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 97
Perception: 1d100 = 96/19%

After the muffled and familiar sound of the landing jars Ronan back from his turbulent ride and the pod kicks open, Ronan falls forward briefly in a daze and collects himself, standing to his full height and holding his weapon in a ready but non-threatening way as he looks at the only other occupant in the room; notably by Will, Ronan is wearing dark filtered goggles. This is not the drop zone. Shit, I knew that was a bad sign. He thinks to himself, brushing off the pod's parachute-like strings as if he'd done it a dozen times, and holding up his hand in a don't shoot me and I won't shoot you fashion towards Will, keying his own radio and attempting to reach his own squad. "Excel 6, this is Excel 5, do you copy?" He pauses before repeating himself only to be met with static, he sighs.

Turning now to fully address Will after being met with static. "Where am I and who are you?" he asks, pausing and looking around the destroyed room, "Uh, sorry about your room." He adds and while addressing Will, he will read the state and health of Will's flesh and body in order to determine his true race; human, D-Bee, mutant, etc; if sick, diseased; if magically/psionically/super or otherwise physically effected or influenced by supernatural means; though is unable to identify specifics beyond that. Trust: 1d100 = 19/24%

If/When Will asks who he is or where he came from, he responds with, "Well, I am a drop soldier, but these pods are definitely not designed for whatever just happened. Am I the only one? There hasn't been more drops like me has there? " He asks, sealing his own pod while talking if it is intact.

If not openly asked anything, Ronan will first secure his drop pod, resealing it if it is intact, assuming Will makes no hostile actions towards him. He will then turn back to Will and ask, "Ah, are you a leader here?"

If the pod did not survive the impact, he will ignore it and just try to salvage any of his standard equipment before moving on.

((If Combat is initiated by either Will or the enemies outside whom Ronan is as of yet unaware, please see below))

Combat Contingency
If Will attacks him in any fashion, or is otherwise threatening towards him, he will raise his rather large rail-gun looking weapon towards him and then, as held back as possible add "You know, I'd rather my first contact with sentient humanoids be less bloody but I am a team player so if this is how you want to play it, come at me, big boy." Ronan says tauntingly and will react accordingly.
APM: 5
Action 1: Butt-stroke with the weapon, dropping it and letting the sling catch it. Strike: 1d20+5 = 21 || DMG: X
Action 2: Body Flip will to the ground. Strike: 1d20+5 = 21
Actions 3-5: Maintain a grapple, holding him down. "I'd really rather not kill you before I know where I am, and I'd rather not kill you at all." Intimidate: 1d100 = 93/24%


If instead Will is non-threatening but anything outside is, he will kick over the chair closest to him and move towards the window, setting himself against the wall and propping his weapon to fire.
APM: 5
Action 1: Flip chair and move to window
Action 2: Gesture towards Will, "What did I drop into?"
Action 3: Keep a close eye on his perimeter while Will (or somebody), hopefully, explains.
Action 4-5: Fire as necessary. Strike: 1d20+1 = 21 (Nat 20!) || DMG: 1d12*10 = 120 + Target struck cannot bio-regenerate.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-RA5 Arrow Ride Armor [b]M.D.C. || Helm: 35|| Arms: 14ea || Legs: 18ea || MB: 30
Carried: [NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer] || DMG: 2d6 + P.S. (37) M.D.C.
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby William Summers » Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 58/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 46

Butcher's Bill Note
PPE should be at -4, not -7 due to Ring of Elder.


As the room fills with a familiar magical blue, Will looks to his Thundergun in confusion. Did I the PPE cell crack? He doesn't have time to think on the subject further or react to it as he's knocked on his ass by a magical shockwave. (Roll w/ Punch: 1d20+8 = 9) From his place on the ground, he thinks That wasn't a cracked PPE cell. Magical shockwave followed by a thud? Someone or something is in here with me. Will performs a kip up and stands with his Thundergun at the ready, waiting for the dust to settle. When he sees the man stand himself up from his position on the ground and remove the attachments for his parachute, Will lowers his Thundergun. That wasn't the entrance of an attacker. He'd be dead by now if that was how he operated. This might be something else. And what the hell is Excel? His suspicion that this visitor isn't the hostile he's been waiting for is confirmed quickly as the hand of don't shoot me and I won't shoot you goes up, followed by the following phrase.

Ronan wrote:"Where am I and who are you?"

"Well, you're definitely not with whoever the enemy is out there. You're on Earth, in the Magic Zone. I'm Will, the Wanderer.
Ronan wrote:"Uh, sorry about your room."

"Not mine. Who the hell are you?"
Ronan wrote:"Well, I am a drop soldier, but these pods are definitely not designed for whatever just happened. Am I the only one? There hasn't been more drops like me has there? "

"There's more of you? Tell them to land better. You surprised the shit out of me. Haven't seen your friends, no."
Ronan wrote:He adds and while addressing Will, he will read the state and health of Will's flesh and body in order to determine his true race; human, D-Bee, mutant, etc; if sick, diseased; if magically/psionically/super or otherwise physically effected or influenced by supernatural means; though is unable to identify specifics beyond that.

Will is human, has healthy flesh/body, and is magically effected.
"It is by fate that you've been delivered here to me. I am with two combined mercenary groups that are outside this house. We are on an assignment to destroy a great evil that threatens our world. We came across a village of entranced people all mindlessly walking to the East. One of the other group, The Spook Squad, just killed one of the villagers and now there is contact with a third group that we may have to take down. I was waiting here to avoid combat if possible when you came crashing through the roof. I suspect they'll be here shortly so get yourself together and follow my lead. What's your name, Drop Soldier?"
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Ronan » Thu May 16, 2019 11:19 am

[Rolls Held]

Will wrote:"It is by fate that you've been delivered here to me. I am with two combined mercenary groups that are outside this house. We are on an assignment to destroy a great evil that threatens our world. We came across a village of entranced people all mindlessly walking to the East. One of the other group, The Spook Squad, just killed one of the villagers and now there is contact with a third group that we may have to take down. I was waiting here to avoid combat if possible when you came crashing through the roof. I suspect they'll be here shortly so get yourself together and follow my lead. What's your name, Drop Soldier?"


Ronan takes a brief second to collect his thoughts after the explanations he just heard. Shit, Earth? Magic? Wait, I can see the magic radiating from this wanderer. What the hell is going on and what kind of teams are these? 3 groups, two partnered, one unknown... Ronan questions to himself and then answers Will.

"I am 3rd Lieutenant Ronan Deshe of the Arismal Defense Force. Special Forces operator. My team and I make up Excelsior Squad, of which I am the lieutenant of." Ronan answers, readying himself to follow Will before adding, "Well, Will the Wanderer, it seems I don't have much choice but to follow your lead. Lead on, I imagine my sudden appearance might have made a few uneasy." Ronan finishes, opening his left palm in a lead on fashion while his right arm cradles his KLS Rail Gun.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-RA5 Arrow Ride Armor [b]M.D.C. || Helm: 35|| Arms: 14ea || Legs: 18ea || MB: 30
Carried: [NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer] || DMG: 2d6 + P.S. (37) M.D.C.
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby John Altfeld » Thu May 16, 2019 9:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50 / 67%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 21

After he speaks, John is looking up at the dragon, getting psyched up. How does it fly without wings? That's not right...

As the situation calms, John breathes an inner sigh of relief. At least we have a chance to save these people now instead of having a stupid fight and killing these extremely fashionable strangers. And it sounds like Minerva really means it. But I can't believe she'd be so careless...

When the cloaked man asks if they care, John shifts his gaze to him. "Of course we care. I grew up in a town like this. These people can't protect themselves. We practically took this job for free." Also, the GLORY!

John specifically doesn't respond to the comment about talking to the woman's family, because he very deeply doesn't want to be present for when that happens. To such an extent that the thought that the dead woman's family might also get killed by Nxla before finding out is almost comforting.

"Look, just come with us and either save the rest of the town, or help us stop the thing that's doing this."

John suspiciously examines the robed man's clothes, comparing the color against the man in the woods in case they're wearing two versions of the same uniform.

And then the thing falls from the sky. Mouth open, John turns to Lahz and says, "You actually have teleporting missiles?!? I take back all the things I thought about you!"
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Vheld » Fri May 17, 2019 8:45 am

JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 72
PER: 1d100 = 68 vs. 51%

Trust/Intimidate- 1d100 = 33 vs. 65% (+5% vs. armed forces personnel)
Ditto last time.
Lore: Faeries and Creatures of Magic- 1d100 = 77 vs. 94%
To identify the subspecies of dragon flying above them, and in particular whether it's psychic.

Augur wrote:"This is your idea of a jostle? Are you people for real? Your friend threatens long range missiles." He pauses for a brief moment to choke back a laugh as he says missiles, regains his composure and finishes.
So, they have some sort of missile defense. I sure hope Lahz is bluffing. Quietly, Vheld replies "Accidents happen- surely one of Dunscon's minions would know that as well as anyone. Or do you wish to continue escalating this battle of words and bluster, while your people wander off into the forest to their fate? Either you believe us responsible, in which case you know we can offer more than missiles to any aggressor, or you don't- in which case you know that you are wasting time."

Augur wrote:"You speak of caring. You ask if we do. What should be said to this woman's family when they are found? Do you really care, or has the fear we instill inspired you all to terrible lies? Some more entertaining than others."
Vheld sighs, softly, to himself. Well it's not like the Grey Seers kept this a big secret anyway. The worst they can do is laugh at us again. In a louder voice this time the shifter adds, "Tell them we likely saved her soul from Nxla."

Vheld's subsequent words will depend on the mages' reactions to that statement (also assuming his lore skill roll tells him that the dragon circling above has psionics). If they are mocking, incredulous, or ignorant of the name Nxla Vheld will shrug. "Believe what you will. Dunscon will not be pleased if you fail to investigate every possibility and one of his villages is converted as a result." If, on the other hand, they take the idea of Nxla seriously, Vheld nods and says "We were sent here to stop him. You may wish to aid us, or at least get out of our way." Either way, Vheld will continue as follows.

Pointing upwards, Vheld adds "At least one of you must have noticed strange psychic phenomena as of late. Ignore it at your own peril. We have a rogue necromancer to hunt." Then as the Rift opens and something crashes into a nearby home, Vheld looks back, then returns to the mages. "Or you could go see what that's all about."
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Lahz » Sat May 18, 2019 11:29 pm

OOC: Had not intended for Lahz to use the "loudspeaker at an incredible volume" 70 db had come up as normal conversation at 3-5 ft 60-70 dB, or Normal piano practice volume ...

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 64 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: 1d100 = 54

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Thoughtful], Marauder PA

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 34

Random Egotistic NPC wrote:Hearing Lahz the men all turn to look at each other as if to consider his threat. From the back a faint giggle can be heard from the sudden silence, then the giggle seems to transform to a laugh. Contagiously the laugh begins to erupt from the men one by one adding to the what must seem like a group at a comedy show. After a few moments the laughter slowly dies down and fat, bald man is able to choke down his chuckles enough to reply, "Forty-five? You sure it wasn't forty-six? Or maybe it's forty-seven and team of power armored mercenaries? With this final rhetorical question he falls back into laughter.


Lahz shrugs within his Marauder somewhat glad that he hadn't needed to have Whisper fire off any volleys or try to hook into the Splugorth LRM launchers he had in storage remotely, "Honestly it's only 24 but I figured rounding up might send your scaley friend away."

As the others make their respective cases the Psi-Tech keys his internal microphone "Tony, pick out the fat bald guy who made that last comment. If a fight breaks out, kill him first." He then sets his turrets to target/track the closest hostile to the South.

John Altfeld wrote:And then the thing falls from the sky. Mouth open, John turns to Lahz and says, "You actually have teleporting missiles?!? I take back all the things I thought about you!"


"Thanks? They're really expensive so ... y'know special occasions only."


"Combat Potential"
If violence is instigated by these locals, Lahz will attempt to dodge initial attacks, followed by turning his Pulse-Cannon onto the Fat-guy for 3-shots.

Initiative [+2] 1d20+2 = 20
APM: 9

1 // Fire Pulse-Barrage: 1d20+5 = 11, 5d6*10 = 190
2 // Fire Pulse-Barrage: 1d20+5 = 9, 5d6*10 = 190
3 // Fire Pulse-Barrage: 1d20+5 = 23, 5d6*10 = 210

Dodgee [+8]: 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 10
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Jack Killian » Sun May 19, 2019 9:20 am

Perception: 79% 1d100 = 54
JIC d20: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 67

When Jack and Mercedes Is given the go ahead by the Dwarf and the bald-headed man. He looks at the two and Mercedes and says with a smile, “I can't believe all the testosterone here, especially from her.” He looks back at the two and speaks, “Please join us I don’t need anyone getting shot at by some trigger-happy wild Women. Oh, by the way, names Jack, I come from Aussie Land, the land Down Under Australia?“ he does offer his hand to shake.

He leans over to Mercedes and speaks as he looks at the Dragon, “That was a real dragon, is it a big one and what does it do? I mean besides eating us in one bite?" "Man that is some big Iguana! not sure the Spiders or the Snakes could ever take them out."

Then the others come by if they join the two, he mentions, “That is my first Dragon I have ever seen. Where I come from their not there. Not sure why, except if there is not much there. If there is an A hole on earth. I think that place would be the ones you would call it.” By cracky they got Mages, city of Mages and Dragons!

When Jack gets to the others, he is shocked at the violence done to the victim. He listens to Minerva and believes her. He also listens to the man trying to rally his people into action against Minerva. need to get this under control. I wonder if they have ever done anything accidently to harm someone else , I can't believe in this world one makes tough decisions. Blooming hell, we were forced to fight and Kill a group as entertainment,so we could trade.

To the man speaking at Minerva and the others around the body, Jack speaks up, “Let us not be too hasty to action. Yes, this is terrible, but let us try to concentrate on the real cause. Why the people are under someone’s control and what we can do to stop what is going to happen to them. You mention that we threaten you. And in the same phrase you mention trying to put fear into us, is that not the same? So, let calmer voices and reason take over and let us work together to find what the cause truly is and then put our combine forces to stop the root cause. As far as the women’s family, if we don’t try to stop the events from following its course there will be no telling what the fate of all of us are. So, I say again stop threatening each other and come with us to find the truth. Because right now, nothing else maters till the truth is found out. You want the truth don’t you?”

When the crash happens, Jack is quickly to speak up, “That was not a missile. We wouldn’t be here if it was. So, calm down and let’s see what has happened.” Flaming Dragons Balls what the Hell now? Something wants us all dead.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Wakiza » Sun May 19, 2019 8:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 49 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 23

Conditions: Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Damn, Jack has it bad. Or he is just defending the team. He looks at Minerva again, No he has it bad. His mind wanders for a second, She has two things in common with Ravella, beauty and killing innocents. Wak shakes it off.

Over the intercomm, "So what is it, fight or talk and share intel on a common threat. Or are you with that threat?" Wak just looks at them with his hand on Derilian.

While waiting for a response, he again has his Armor's IFF go over the dragon and all the individuals facing them.

IFF & Targeting Computer
Can Identify up to 6,000 targets with 92% accuracy / 1d100 = 95

As the object crashes through a roof to the north Wak draws Derilian never taking his eyes off the one doing most of the talking, and yells, "Weapons up. What was that?" and again over comms, "What was that?"

In case fighting starts:
Advanced Combat Awareness
Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems
Auto Dodge on the Two Closest to him holding a modern weapon

Init: 1d20+11 = 25
APM: 8

If things go south he will:
Action 1: blink of an eye (-24 ppe) behind the one speaking.
Action 2: Activate Realm of Chaos on as many bad guys as Wak can w/o getting anyone from his two teams.
Action 3: fight if necessary, will back away as necessary? Draw Derilian
Action 4: Strike: 1d20+16 = 27 Damage 7d6+4 = 23 +1d4 = 4
Action 5: Strike: 1d20+16 = 19 Damage 7d6+4 = 30 +1d4 = 3
Action 6: Strike: 1d20+16 = 28 Damage 7d6+4 = 30 +1d4 = 1
Action 7: Strike: 1d20+16 = 35 CRIT Damage 7d6+4 = 33 +1d4 = 3 x2 = 72
Action 8: Strike: 1d20+16 = 26 Damage 7d6+4 = 27 +1d4 = 2

Contigency: If Wak's FF goes down he will sacrifice an action to activate Storm Rider Armor (-30 ppe)

Parry: 1d20+24 = 25 1d20+24 = 33 1d20+24 = 33 1d20+24 = 31 1d20+24 = 41
Dodge: 1d20+20 = 36 1d20+20 = 27 1d20+20 = 40 1d20+20 = 24 1d20+20 = 26 1d20+20 = 23 1d20+20 = 37 1d20+20 = 26
Auto Dodge: 1d20+11 = 20 1d20+11 = 31 1d20+11 = 13 1d20+11 = 14 1d20+11 = 16 1d20+11 = 16 1d20+11 = 24 1d20+11 = 17
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Minerva » Wed May 22, 2019 9:25 am

Perception: 1d100 = 19/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 63

Augur wrote:The man in the center steps toward Minerva pointing down at the woman, "This is your idea of a jostle? Are you people for real? Your friend threatens long range missiles." He pauses for a brief moment to choke back a laugh as he says missiles, regains his composure and finishes, "You speak of caring. You ask if we do. What should be said to this woman's family when they are found? Do you really care, or has the fear we instill inspired you all to terrible lies? Some more entertaining than others." he finishes.


Minerva works hard to keep her face from showing her anger at the man's comments. Solo podía tirarlo al río. Con mis manos. O mi mente. Suspiro, bastante violencia. Usa tu cerebro para hablar de ello. As he approaches her, she looks him straight in the face. As he speaks, she stands strong and does not visibly react. When he's finished, she responds calmly. "You mistake my remorse for fear. Understandable, they can manifest similar symptoms. I know nothing of you and thus have no reason to fear you. I do, however, fear the, how do you say, total annihilation of the world that awaits if our team is impeded from completing our task. If you've been listening to my unit, you would hear one overarching theme. These villagers and everyone else is going to die if we don't do something about it. If you want to hold me to accountable, please do so once we have saved the world. As for her family, I will gladly deal with them when this is all over." She smiles when Volcano Jack comes to her defense. Mierda. I think I may like this one.

The ley line opening and dumping something into the house catches Minerva by surprise. She turns to Lahz and says "One of yours?"


Minerva wrote:
If it does degrade into violence
Minerva raises her Psionic Armor's field and turns her MindWave on the person between her and the villagers, finding cover behind the house.
Initiative: Original post: 1d20+3 = 13
APM: 6
Action 1: Raise Psionic Armor Force Field.
Actions 2-3: Mindwave @ Person directly to the left of Minerva. (-30 ISP)
Actions 4-5: Run to cover (front door) of building north of Minerva/reserved for dodge.
Action 6: Activate Harvester.

Dodges: Original post: 1d20+5 = 25 (NAT20!)Original post: 1d20+5 = 8



Translations
Solo podía tirarlo al río. Con mis manos. O mi mente. Suspiro, bastante violencia. Usa tu cerebro para hablar de ello.=I could just toss him into the river. With my hands. Or my mind. Sigh, enough violence. Use your brain to talk it out.
Mierda=Shit.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Augur » Fri May 24, 2019 11:38 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1435
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: Middle of the wilderness, along the Ohio River.

Order of Battle
John is blazing the trail afoot.
Minerva leading NE-ATRV on her MBT-300 Black Talon Motorcycle
NE-ATRV (2/18 tons so far)
  • Ray Robot is piloting the ATRV
  • Sil, Sshir, Slithn are in the cargo bay with Whisper's Mecha Knight PA
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar are flying alongside the ATRV
Lahz is following ATRV in his Marauder PA
Tony the Tiger-Bot is shadowing Lahz


Shit Gets Weird in the Magic Zone
Ronan quickly surveys the "landing site" and realizes that most of the pod must have burned up during entry...or whatever it was that just happened in addition to the sub-orbital atmospheric entry. Will introduces himself and gives the stranger, a fellow who introduces himself as Ronan (along with a bunch of other military jargon that's both foreign & familiar to Will), a brief run-down of his group's own situation. The two exchange some information, and Ronan finishes, opening his left palm in a lead on fashion while his right arm cradles his rail gun. Will leads him outside to get a first glimpse of the world on which he now finds himself. The structures look fairly primitive to Ronan, houses and other functional structures made mostly of wood, stone, and salvaged materials. He can hear the white noise of a nearby river, and all his senses come alive with the abundance of trees echoing the whispers of the wind, the fragrant aroma of a deciduous forest, and the bright foliage of such an environment during a season of growth and warmth. He catches sight of a black hovercraft descending from a low altitude with a couple of really strange-looking beings flying beside it, and some sort of huge, strange, flying lizard is up even higher which appears to be quite curious about what's going on below. He's in a small village of some sort, and there's the unmistakable tension of potential imminent violence hanging in the air. An assortment of strange humanoid figures stand about what appears to be the village center, and many look armed and dangerous.

Shit Gets Real in the Magic Zone
John makes his case as to the good nature of the group, and adds that the local group should help them. Vheld offers guarded advice of a political nature regarding the local group's actions and the potential consequences of such. Lahz stays largely silent save to extend unusual thanks to John's curious compliment, and to communicate his his lethal preferences to one of his robotic minions. Jack introduces himself, but the fat guy just crosses his arms, and everybody meets his geographical origin story with looks of either blank apathy or puzzlement. Clearly, nobody's ever heard of "the land down under" or "Australia." He notes that the bearded fellow seems less openly hostile than the rest and the fellow is willing to shake his hand, but nobody offers any names in return. Jack then makes his case for reasonable discourse and cooperation to solve the root problem and not this symptomatic problem of the dead villager. Wakiza articulates the clear, logical choices presently available to all parties, and puts the question to them as to what they intend to do. Minerva communicates the dire threat to them all stemming from the root problem referenced by Wakiza, and offers herself accountable for the dead villager. Meanwhile, Whisper up in the ATRV has fallen asleep inside her power armor, and Vheld's minions are practically itching to kill. He can feel the resentment of the lot of them building as their innate desires to maim and slaughter are held in check.

Finally, the bearded man sighs and waves down the readiness of those assembled. "If you were here with the intent to do harm, we would not be speaking at such length. Half of us assembled here are from the City of Brass, the other half, like myself, are from Magestar. We're investigating a series of strange and alarming psychic phenomena which have manifested over the course of the last few weeks. Also, we have heard rumors from villagers while traveling through the region of a powerful band of demons in the area; what's strange though is that this band does not seem intent on random slaughter and chaos, but appears to be mostly leaving villages alone. Based on this behavior, it seems that they also seem to be searching for something. We have discovered a number of villages in this region abandoned or with a great many people reported missing, and a few instances of villagers all left in a catatonic or paranoid and delusional state raving about the end of the world." He then takes a half step back, crosses his arms in a gesture of expectation, and says, "If we're to aid one another, its's your turn to reciprocate. Which of you leads? I would have private counsel with that person."

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/ISP/PPE spent

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -10 I.S.P. for Enhanced Perception
John Altfeld:
Lahz:
Mercedes:
Minerva:
Ronan:
Wakiza: -10 I.S.P. -30 I.S.P. for Psychic Body Field
Vheld:
Whisper:
William Summers: -7 P.P.E.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5217
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Mercedes » Sat May 25, 2019 9:28 am

Perception: 1d100 = 47
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 1;JIC d100: 1d100 = 86
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 46/80%

“That was a real dragon, is it a big one and what does it do? I mean besides eating us in one bite?"

"That rather depends on the dragon, Jack. Most cast magic and have strong psionic abilities, not to mention being as tough as several tanks."
But if it comes to eat us, you're welcome to be the appetizer.

Mercedes remains on edge, particularly with random BS 'porting through rifts and so many well-armed soldiers in the area.
How many could I cut down before I was gunned down myself, I wonder. Not enough, in all likelihood.
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Whisper » Sat May 25, 2019 9:30 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 21
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 6;JIC d100: 1d100 = 82

"As if I care about a demon's opinion..."

Whisper almost ignores Vheld's minions when they pass, Jesus, not so loud, my head hurts., falling asleep when the comm traffic dies down.


Drool runs down Lily's chin as she snores, asleep again in her powered armor.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Ronan » Sat May 25, 2019 10:31 am

JiC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 64
Perc [19%]:1d100 = 9
Intelligence [54%]: 1d100 = 34
Detect Ambush[54%]: 1d100 = 95
Recognize Weapon Quality [39%]: 1d100 = 68

Ronan walks outside and squints his eyes out of habit from the sunlight even though his goggles protected him, it surprised him. The open sky, potent star-light, forests with stone and wood buildings; have I been flung back a couple hundred years? This was not the drop zone! He thinks to himself before feeling his left finger twitch as he heard the stream of water running nearby and the surrounding wild-life. A stream, good. He thinks, mentally noting which direction the water source is should he need it.

It's then that the black hovercraft and its escort catch his eye and the ever larger lizard spinning around in the sky; Ronan moves to speak to Will.

"I need to be caught up, and once the tensions die down I need to talk to a boss." Ronan states, before pointing up at the flying lizard. "First things first, what in the name of Radda is that flying lizard up there, and should I be worried about it?" Ronan questions and will add "Secondly, if this standoff up here explodes; I need to know friend from foe." Ronan finishes in a militaristic tone, keeping his eyes behind his goggles but trained on the armed group ahead as he studies their armaments, and tries to watch for any ambushes in this irritatingly new environment.


If he is introduced to anyone, or someone asks who he is, he will answer. "3rd Lieutenant Ronan Deshe of ADF Special Operations. Not sure how I got here, I was doing a drop to a target zone and never made it, hit here instead. I know we launched with good coordinates, something happened mid-drop."
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-RA5 Arrow Ride Armor [b]M.D.C. || Helm: 35|| Arms: 14ea || Legs: 18ea || MB: 30
Carried: [NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer] || DMG: 2d6 + P.S. (37) M.D.C.
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Jack Killian » Mon May 27, 2019 1:14 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 15
JIC d20: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 53

Jack sides up to Minerva and leans in to her while watching the others. He speaks in a low voice, “You OK there? Ya, got ta get things together. Some times shit happens, makes no difference right or wrong. If yar good, then your actions are what really matters to these new comers. If ya need me I’m with ya you know that.”

Jack stays in control and waits for the leaders to come forward and to go have their little talk. This piss Jack off, “Oh, yes have your little talk, that is the problem all talk, talk, talk. Let the people get further away.”

Jack looks around, "That least someone should follow or keep an eye on the villagers. A mean while you have your talk.“

Jack looks around at the others that popped in to investigate what they were doing. “Well are you all going to be sticks in the mud? Get to know each other, we are doing this together.”

Jack looks at the dragon overhead, “Hey Minerva, ya know about these Dragons? First one I met. Mercedes say they all don’t breath fire that they are different. How do you tell which is which.”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Wakiza » Mon May 27, 2019 1:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 50

Conditions: Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Augur wrote: Finally, the bearded man sighs and waves down the readiness of those assembled. "If you were here with the intent to do harm, we would not be speaking at such length. Half of us assembled here are from the City of Brass, the other half, like myself, are from Magestar. We're investigating a series of strange and alarming psychic phenomena which have manifested over the course of the last few weeks. Also, we have heard rumors from villagers while traveling through the region of a powerful band of demons in the area; what's strange though is that this band does not seem intent on random slaughter and chaos, but appears to be mostly leaving villages alone. Based on this behavior, it seems that they also seem to be searching for something. We have discovered a number of villages in this region abandoned or with a great many people reported missing, and a few instances of villagers all left in a catatonic or paranoid and delusional state raving about the end of the world." He then takes a half step back, crosses his arms in a gesture of expectation, and says, "If we're to aid one another, its's your turn to reciprocate. Which of you leads? I would have private counsel with that person."


Wakiza nods at the man, "I am Wakiza and I lead half this team." Wak looks at the Spooks, Who is stepping up?

Anthropology-- 1d100 = 94 / 88% (Regarding Magestar and City of Brass)

Wak heads off with the whoever steps up, "Something must be wrong if the societies in the federation are teaming up. We too felt the psychic phenomena down in Merctown. We were hired by a Grey Seer to investigate and stop whatever is happening if we can. He says he has been warning all the local kingdoms and they have all but ignored him. Truthfully he didn't have much in the way of concrete intelligence to go on. Seems like some creature known as Nxla is stealing souls and may be global threat. Supposedely that creature's followers are leading these villagers away, probaly to feed this Nxla with souls. We don't know enough yet as this is the first village we have come across that is being effected. Some pied piper ahead in red robes may be the one that is leading these villagers and we were about to go have a chat with him.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Lahz » Tue May 28, 2019 7:51 am

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 31 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 1
JiC D100: 1d100 = 39

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Thoughtful], Marauder PA

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 81

Augur wrote: Finally, the bearded man sighs and waves down the readiness of those assembled. "If you were here with the intent to do harm, we would not be speaking at such length. Half of us assembled here are from the City of Brass, the other half, like myself, are from Magestar. We're investigating a series of strange and alarming psychic phenomena which have manifested over the course of the last few weeks. Also, we have heard rumors from villagers while traveling through the region of a powerful band of demons in the area; what's strange though is that this band does not seem intent on random slaughter and chaos, but appears to be mostly leaving villages alone. Based on this behavior, it seems that they also seem to be searching for something. We have discovered a number of villages in this region abandoned or with a great many people reported missing, and a few instances of villagers all left in a catatonic or paranoid and delusional state raving about the end of the world." He then takes a half step back, crosses his arms in a gesture of expectation, and says, "If we're to aid one another, its's your turn to reciprocate. Which of you leads? I would have private counsel with that person."


Lahz steps forward purposefully, the +200lb beam cannon rests in his grasp with its quad-barrel not quite finding a ground target (it's not pointed all the way down and remains semi-ready. Meanwhile the shoulder turrets turn and target without his direction). He walks through those standing in the Center until the 11ft Marauder is ~15ft away as Wakiza makes his introduction, "The balance are with me." The Psi-Tech does not come to stand next to Wakiza, he circles around rather than walk through the crowd (and will be a little too far away for the Bald man to comfortably address or even look at both Wake and Lahz unless the man turns and adjusts) but he will not loom or get close enough to be overtly threatening (this should also keep Lahz out of immediate Melee range for now).

*Not sure you should have spilled everything known Wakiza. That feels like an act of submission and this guy is on my nerves for showing up and acting like we owe them something. In the Magic Zone, the City of Brass is Dunscon's playground. They love demons, so why mention them at all?, And what is this Magestar?*
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby John Altfeld » Wed May 29, 2019 6:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86 / 67%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 50

When the bearded man asks who's in charge, John starts to raise his hand to point at Mercedes in case it's a trap, thinks better of it and then switches the gesture to running his hand through his hair. Except he's wearing a helmet, so it turns into a super-cool helmet-wipe kind of a move.

Magestar? The City of Brass? MercTown? Can no one make functional placenames in this part of the world? When Ronan comes out and asks who's a boss, John once again almost points at Mercedes, considers claiming that he, himself is a boss, and then, when Wakiza identifies himself, points his way. "I don't know why you were hiding in that house, buddy, but you picked the wrong place to sleep it off. Ha ha ha - who's friend and who's foe. Good stuff."

As it looks like Will and Beard are going to leave, John raises his hand. "Talking things out is great, but I'm really excited about bringing the guy in the dirty bathrobe back here to answer some questions, especially since he might have been scared by that missile hitting the house. Anyone want to come with me to make sure I don't get mind-controlled too? Maybe a robot?"

"Also, I'm John. If you people aren't going to tell us your names, I'm going to start making things up. I'd rather not do that." He points to the dragon. "The dragon will be Peaches." He points at the large rotund man. "He'll be Blubber. I haven't gotten to anyone else yet."

He then waits for volunteers (or a direct countermanding order) before heading off into the forest.

Prowl: 1d100 = 42 / 84%
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Vheld » Thu May 30, 2019 11:42 am

JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 32
PER: 1d100 = 26 vs. 51%

At least Dunscon is finally doing something about Nyxla. Or whoever. Vheld has no interest in private discussions with Federation lackeys, so he sighs softly with relief as Lahz and Wak volunteer themselves. That just leaves the commotion in the village behind them.

Ronan wrote:"3rd Lieutenant Ronan Deshe of ADF Special Operations. Not sure how I got here, I was doing a drop to a target zone and never made it, hit here instead. I know we launched with good coordinates, something happened mid-drop."
Military bearing. Doesn't seem like the type for psy-ops, so he probably is just what he seems- a soldier cut off from his command and far from home. Vheld decides that the newcomer doesn't need to be met with full hostility- yet, and with Lahz in a private discussion somebody needs to speak for the team with this Deshe fellow. Where are the rest of the senior members when you need them...

Clearing his throat, Vheld returns the greeting once Will takes Ronan outside and introduces him. "I am Vheld, second-in-command of the Spook Squad. Welcome to Earth. I am unfamiliar with this ADF of which you speak- what does it stand for?"

Otherwise, once things settle down Vheld will return to Bel'Dar and mount up- nominally so that he's ready to go when the team decides to head out, but also because he wants to be mounted in case the current detente with the Federation forces deteriorates.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Ronan » Thu May 30, 2019 12:49 pm

[Rolls Held]
John wrote: "I don't know why you were hiding in that house, buddy, but you picked the wrong place to sleep it off. Ha ha ha - who's friend and who's foe. Good stuff." ... "The dragon will be Peaches."


A dragon named Peaches, a dragon. He thinks and answers as "Friend, so far. 3rd Lieutenant Ronan Deshe of ADF Special Operations."

Vheld wrote:"I am Vheld, second-in-command of the Spook Squad. Welcome to Earth. I am unfamiliar with this ADF of which you speak- what does it stand for?"


"The Arismal Defense Fleet, or ADF. It operates as a Fleet of ships and is where my team operated out of." He pauses, sighs and adds, "Probably don't know about the Atorians either." He asks, almost expecting the confused or questioning look.

Definitely not in my corner of the galaxy... Ronan thinks to himself He also will instinctively read the flesh of Vheld and Bel'dar to get some sense of those who surround and talk to him, and anyone else within 15 ft.

He looks to Vheld aboard the giant nightmarish bird thing and continues, "So Vheld, would you, or anyone here, have the faintest idea of what would make me drop on another planet entirely?" Ronan asks slowly, trying hard to believe the words coming out of his own mouth and adds, "And where another 5 drop pods might have landed or where... or when?" He finishes
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-RA5 Arrow Ride Armor [b]M.D.C. || Helm: 35|| Arms: 14ea || Legs: 18ea || MB: 30
Carried: [NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer] || DMG: 2d6 + P.S. (37) M.D.C.
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Jack Killian » Thu May 30, 2019 4:06 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over )))

Jack Sees the the New guy is lost. He remembers when he came over and that feeling of Oh, Crap this ain't Aussie Land. So He goes over to the new guy offers his hand and Introduces himself, "Welcome mate, I don't know where yar from but this is where we are now. I myself arrived in this general part of the woods a few months past in a chunk of Lava Rock! Almost got shot up too. So take your lead from the team and don't start nothing till they tell you ta."

After the handshake Jack heads on back to Minerva. Thinking, "This is definitely crazy, all of us meeting here and what about these Mage cities these guys are from? Jumpin Koalas is there anything this place hasn't had? I Bet they might even have a Purple Platypus. Yep no rainbow one though. Uncle Tyrone said he saw one, the guy was always on some sort of Palm juice."
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Minerva » Fri May 31, 2019 3:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 75

Bueno, eso fue mucho mejor de lo esperado. No estamos muertos todavía. Pero todavía lo es. Minerva looks back at the corpse of the woman she struck down and then puts the hood of her cloak up. Ella no merecía cumplir con este destino. Tendré que ser más cuidadoso en el futuro. Soy más fuerte, mejor que ellos. Ciudad de Brass y Magestar dice? Esos son lugares en esta Zona Mágica que actualmente ocupamos. Si recuerdo de mis estudios, City of Brass es la sede de la True Federation, el enemigo mágico de la Coalición. Y Magestar es una ciudad-estado independiente. Estamos en su casa ahora. Lo mejor es pisar con cuidado.

Minerva lets Lahz speak for their group, taking a backseat and trying not to draw too much attention to herself. When Jack comes up to check on her, she is a bit less upbeat than the previous night at the bar they shared.
Jack Killian wrote:“You OK there? Ya, got ta get things together. Some times shit happens, makes no difference right or wrong. If yar good, then your actions are what really matters to these new comers. If ya need me I’m with ya you know that.”

Minerva keeps her eyes on the two in front of her while answering Jack. "OK? Absolutely not. I just ended someone's life unnecessarily. If someone deserves it, then I have no problem cutting the cord. But this situation is undesirable and unacceptable. Thank you for the support."

Jack Killian wrote:Jack looks at the dragon overhead, “Hey Minerva, ya know about these Dragons? First one I met. Mercedes say they all don’t breath fire that they are different. How do you tell which is which.”

"I must admit, besides the dragon merchant at MercTown, I know very little about them. What varieties do you know about?"

Translation
Bueno, eso fue mucho mejor de lo esperado. No estamos muertos todavía. Pero todavía lo es. Ella no merecía cumplir con este destino. Tendré que ser más cuidadoso en el futuro. Soy más fuerte, mejor que ellos. Ciudad de Brass y Magestar dice? Esos son lugares en esta Zona Mágica que actualmente ocupamos. Si recuerdo de mis estudios, City of Brass es la sede de la True Federation, el enemigo mágico de la Coalición. Y Magestar es una ciudad-estado independiente. Estamos en su casa ahora. Lo mejor es pisar con cuidado.=Well, that went much better than expected. We're not dead yet. But she still is. She did not deserve to meet this fate. I'll need to be more careful going forward. I'm stronger, better than them. City of Brass and Magestar he says? Those are locales in this Magic Zone we currently occupy. If I recall from my studies, City of Brass is the seat of the True Federation, magical enemy of the Coalition. And Magestar is an independent city-state. We're in their house now. Best to tread carefully.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby William Summers » Fri May 31, 2019 3:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 59/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 46

Ronan wrote:"I need to be caught up, and once the tensions die down I need to talk to a boss." Ronan states, before pointing up at the flying lizard. "First things first, what in the name of Radda is that flying lizard up there, and should I be worried about it?" Ronan questions and will add "Secondly, if this standoff up here explodes; I need to know friend from foe." Ronan finishes in a militaristic tone, keeping his eyes behind his goggles but trained on the armed group ahead as he studies their armaments, and tries to watch for any ambushes in this irritatingly new environment.


"That's a dragon. I think it's a [INSERT TYPE OF DRAGON]." Lore: Creatures of Magic 1d100 = 66/60% "Probably breaths [FIRE/POISON/LIGHTNING/ETC]." (Lore: Creatures of Magic 1d100 = 80/60%) "Don't make it mad."
Will points out the various members of the Roughnecks/Spook Squad. "Everyone else, foe." Holy crap they really got themselves into it. I go looking for a clue for two minutes and they've already gotten into a fight. Will points to Wakiza. "He's the boss. I'll get you set up." Will walks over to Wakiza and says "Hey boss man, Ronan..." Will gestures to Ronan behind him. "...is back from scouting. Just wanted to inform you about Ronan... returning to our ranks." Will steps back and takes in the details about the other group.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Augur » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:22 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1440
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: village of Cave-In Rock, along the Ohio River

Order of Battle
John is blazing the trail afoot.
Minerva leading NE-ATRV on her MBT-300 Black Talon Motorcycle
NE-ATRV (2/18 tons so far)
  • Ray Robot is piloting the ATRV
  • Sil, Sshir, Slithn are in the cargo bay with Whisper's Mecha Knight PA
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar are flying alongside the ATRV
Lahz is following ATRV in his Marauder PA
Tony the Tiger-Bot is shadowing Lahz


Shit Gets Weird in the Magic Zone
Mercedes is on edge with so many well-armed soldiers in the area and it's visibly obvious from her constant panning of her field of vision at those all around her. Whisper is asleep again in her powered armor when it jolts up and down a bit as the load weight changes suddenly and she bites her lip hard enough to draw blood. She snaps awake with shocking clarity and the bitter taste of copper in her mouth, her own alcohol sweat filling her nostrils in the PA's recirculated air adds a touch of nausea to the blood on her lips and adrenaline dump caused by the unexpected bump. She hears a synthetic voice over the PA system, "Time to get out and get some fresh air." The loading ramp of the ATRV opens up and sunlight and fresh air flood into the small cargo bay.

Vheld interacts with a select few of those present, but his mind is still wrangling with the image of the flying dragon above and trying to place its species. The flying weapon of mass destruction, however, is back-lit by the sun and so incredibly difficult to perceive any feature with any clarity. Jack tries to weasel into Minerva's good graces some more, then tries to shame everyone present into more cordial & cooperative behavior. John welcomes Ronan into this social confusion with his own wry wit, then pitches his case for finding the presumed mage in the woods. Meanwhile, Ronan's introduction causes a slough of social interactions within the two groups with Ronan at the nexus. (All: feel free to respond to one another. No need for me to rehash what your characters have spoken.)

Leadership
Wakiza introduces himself after approaching the bearded man. Lahz stomping around the perimeter of the small assembly simply indicates the rest of those assembled are under his leadership. The bearded man looks around at his own assembled party. Half of them nod and head off to the northeast. The good-looking blonde with golden curls and wrapped in arcane artifacts and aesthetics walks over to join him. She looks from the bearded man to Wakiza and to the powered armor suit stalking around them all. "Roland, you've a strange habit of extending trust to those who won't reciprocate. You wouldn't last a day in Dunscon's court." Her comments are clearly directed to the bearded man but referencing Lahz. She waves an arm towards the southeast and those remaining around the mercenaries head off into the woods in that general direction. John, getting no direction not to, heads off ahead of them.

The man addressed as Roland sighs and looks at Lahz in his PA. "What my comrade here is subtly pointing out is that your stomping around in that tin can is a cause for alarm and distrust; understandable, but not helpful." He looks back to Wakiza, "My comrade's name is Lily. She's from the True Federation. We met up yesterday in the woods much like we have today: with some cause for alarm and suspicion, but we have managed to work together more or less as it turns out we were both dispatched with the same mission."

Lily speaks up again, "What Roland's saying is we were both dispatched on what we thought was a fool's errand. Probably to get us out of the hair of our higher ups for a while, though Roland protests that his vaunted Magestar isn't so political as the City of Brass." She harumphs in cynical incredulity.

Wakiza lays out his cards. "Something must be wrong if the societies in the federation are teaming up. We too felt the psychic phenomena down in Merctown. We were hired by a Grey Seer to investigate and stop whatever is happening if we can. He says he has been warning all the local kingdoms and they have all but ignored him. Truthfully he didn't have much in the way of concrete intelligence to go on. Seems like some creature known as Nxla is stealing souls and may be a global threat. Supposedly that creature's followers are leading these villagers away, probably to feed this Nxla with souls. We don't know enough yet as this is the first village we have come across that is being effected. Some pied piper ahead in red robes may be the one that is leading these villagers and we were about to go have a chat with him."

Roland chimes in, "I've dispatched my team to gently gather those so affected and return them here. Lily's done the same."

Lily adds, "We have infrequently heard apocalyptic warnings from the Seers. They've never proven true, yet continue forecasting a new doom every few years. When I was a teenager going through training they warned of four great evils that were to lay waste to the whole planet within a few seasons. A few seasons passed and did they admit their error? Of course not! They then began warning of a 'great evil lurking in the depths of ultimate darkness whose tentacles spanned the globe'. They're still on about that one on occasion and insist it's still true. My grandmother has told me they've been doling out the doom-saying for generations now. So no, we don't take them seriously, but it appears this might be an instance where these hucksters might just be exaggerating some actual problem that requires our attention."

Roland inquires, "Have you any further information about this Nxla? This is the first we've heard of this name. We've just heard the term 'Harvester' used frequently since we've been on this task. We know it to be a cult of necromancers operating to the East-Northeast of here some distance away who claim a very old area of forested hills near the ruins of an ancient city which has largely been consumed by nature."

Lily produces a couple of small whistles on thin leather thongs from a pouch at her belt, and holds them loosely by the thong while awaiting input from Lahz and Wakiza.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Note: All those along the one edge of the map are presumed to be "off-screen" and in the woods corralling the townsfolk back towards the town.

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/ISP/PPE spent

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -10 I.S.P. for Enhanced Perception
John Altfeld:
Lahz:
Mercedes:
Minerva:
Ronan:
Wakiza: -10 I.S.P. -30 I.S.P. for Psychic Body Field
Vheld:
Whisper:
William Summers: -7 P.P.E.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5217
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Lahz » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:18 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 1 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: 1d100 = 64

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary], Marauder PA

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 58

=======================


Roland wrote:"What my comrade here is subtly pointing out is that your stomping around in that tin can is a cause for alarm and distrust; understandable, but not helpful." He looks back to Wakiza, "My comrade's name is Lily. She's from the True Federation. We met up yesterday in the woods much like we have today: with some cause for alarm and suspicion, but we have managed to work together more or less as it turns out we were both dispatched with the same mission."


From within the Marauder, Lahz releases his microphone as his laughter echoes within the armor for several seconds before he responds with never a moments thought to actually exit his PA, "Being courteous and helpful is the Cyberknight's stock in trade. So is forgiveness and forgetting. So, Sir Wakiza is your better option there. It's nice to hear that you have a standard pattern."

After Wakiza volunteers all known information a small part of Lahz wants to cringe and scream at the top of his lungs within his PA at not holding anything back. It just does not seem tactically sound, but instead the Elf simply sighs with resignation and listens.

Roland wrote:"Have you any further information about this Nxla? This is the first we've heard of this name. We've just heard the term 'Harvester' used frequently since we've been on this task. We know it to be a cult of necromancers operating to the East-Northeast of here some distance away who claim a very old area of forested hills near the ruins of an ancient city which has largely been consumed by nature."


*Well, there's a location if he is not lying. That may narrow things a bit.*

"How far to this Ruin? 20 miles? 200? ... Why come here instead of there?"

*** In the event that Wakiza is provided with the Whistle that 'Lily' is handing out, Lahz triggers Telekinesis: Super (-10 ISP, 100lbs, 800ft, 16 Min, RUE p.182), and floats the 2nd over from her grasp to Vheld radioing, "Vheld, see if it has any tracking or problematic spells. Not exactly something I can blow inside the Marauder. It looks like what these primitives consider high-tech signalling."
Last edited by Lahz on Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Ronan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:29 am

Jic: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 90
Perception [19%]: 1d100 = 36
Invoke Trust [24%]: 1d100 = 5 (Make his case)
Intelligence [54%]: 1d100 = 24 (Make his case)

Ronan glances to Will as Wakiza heads off and pats his shoulder; "You tried. Looks like they've got more important things to worry about than me right now."

Ronan glances as the assault mech and other two guys walk off and thinks, Okay that is some of the leaders, though the one riding the large beast is still around, then turns back to Vheld, the only other one to identify as a leader and continues. "Okay, I understand that I dropped into a tense situation, whatever it is, so I have an offer; I help the crew here doing whatever it is you lot are doing, then you help me. Since I just crashed your party, I figure this seems fair that I help first, but I need to learn the fate of my teammates as soon as possible." Ronan offers, to the group as a whole, but speaking directly to Vheld.

"My drop pod and any extra supplies I might've had were destroyed, though I am capable in a fight. What do you think?" Ronan finishes, resting his rail-gun over his shoulder and adjusting his goggles to ensure they remain secure.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-RA5 Arrow Ride Armor [b]M.D.C. || Helm: 35|| Arms: 14ea || Legs: 18ea || MB: 30
Carried: [NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer] || DMG: 2d6 + P.S. (37) M.D.C.
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:48 pm

Perception: 79% 1d100 = 26
JIC d20: 1d20 = 3
JIC: 1d100 = 2

Jack notices that Minerva is down because of the death of the women. And he is thinking of burring her or like they do in Australia burn the bodies. So he speaks up to those around him especially to the new ones he hasn’t spoken to yet, “Hey Mates, I’m not sure about the Funeral Rites here but we should do something about the Lady? In Australia, we have a tendency to burn the bodies because there is a good chance that they be walkin next ta ya and making you join them. If ya catch my drift. So I’ll look for a few Shovels unless any of you have a faster way to dig a hole?”

Jack heads out to find a shed and get a few digging implements and comes back ready to work and dig a grave. If there is a need for it..

Minerva
"I must admit, besides the dragon merchant at MercTown, I know very little about them. What varieties do you know about?"

Jack notices that Minerva is down because of the death of the women. But is glad to switch the topic to Dragons. And he speaks to her, “Nope, about varieties, this is my first one. I don’t know about any protocol for talking to them or approaching them. Ya know, so that they don’t just bite down on ya because you offended them in some stupid way. As I said Australia is really a back road.”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Vheld » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:45 am

JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 88
PER: 1d100 = 75 vs. 51%

Ronan wrote:"The Arismal Defense Fleet, or ADF. It operates as a Fleet of ships and is where my team operated out of." He pauses, sighs and adds, "Probably don't know about the Atorians either."
Vheld shakes his head slowly. "I am afraid not. The natives of this planet have lost their capacity for space travel, much less interstellar travel. Your best bet for returning whence you came is the same method that brought you here- a dimensional rift. I can open one for you, but without having personally visited this 'ADF' of yours it would be a random rift, with infinitesimal odds of actually taking you somewhere you want to go."

Ronan wrote:"So Vheld, would you, or anyone here, have the faintest idea of what would make me drop on another planet entirely?... And where another 5 drop pods might have landed or where... or when?" He finishes
Vheld shrugs. "If you or your people antagonized a sorcerer with the requisite knowledge, this may be his form of retaliation. Most likely, however, you were caught in either a ley line storm or a random rift. In that case, your compatriots could be anywhere- on Earth, on another world, or in places far more... shall we say 'exotic.'" Vheld pauses, considering how the newcomer must feel. "I am sorry for your compatriots' loss."

Casting an irritated glance back at the Federation troopers, Vheld waits a moment to ensure that the team leadership has things under control. As hostilities look increasingly unlikely, Vheld decides that he's as qualified as anyone to sort out the new arrival. Turning back to Ronan, he says "You didn't exactly land in a good spot for solo travel, so if this mishap could be said to have any good fortune for you it is that you landed near us. As I see it, you have two options- assuming you don't wish to strike out on your own, into the wilderness. Which I would advise against. First, if you head in that direction" Vheld points back the way they came "you will find yourself on course for a city known as MercTown. A man of your skills should be able to find ample work there, and it is possible you can find a way home there. Unlikely, but possible."

"Alternatively, the mercenary company to which I am attached could no doubt use a man of your skills. I can put in a good word for you with our new commander, and I imagine get you hired on a provisional basis. If nothing else, you'll get rations and someone to watch your back while you get your bearings- though we are on a mission that is liable to be quite dangerous, so don't come with us if you're looking to play it safe. Assuming we survive, we'll be heading back to MercTown afterwards, at which point you can decide to take your pay and make your own way home, or discuss a more permanent situation with us and Lahz." Vheld jerks his head in the direction of the powered armor talking to the Feds.

"I'm not making any promises, you understand, but I'm as qualified as anyone else you can find on this planet to open a rift that will take you back home. If you want to stick with us in the hopes that we will someday find information I need to locate your people and return you to them, or until you get a better lead, well, the choice is yours." Vheld doesn't like speaking so much, so he falls silent after this. Assuming Ronan is amenable to the arrangement, he will wait until Lahz is finished and then take the prospective recruit over to introduce him.

Ronan wrote:"Okay, I understand that I dropped into a tense situation, whatever it is, so I have an offer; I help the crew here doing whatever it is you lot are doing, then you help me. Since I just crashed your party, I figure this seems fair that I help first, but I need to learn the fate of my teammates as soon as possible."
Vheld nods. "A sensible choice. You understand, we can't give your search top priority, but we are not without resources and can do what we can to aid you in your search. I can tell you that I can sense rifts within 500 miles, and yours was the only one I detected. Barring some kind of freak accident or miracle, or time travel I suppose, your comrades are not in the area."

Ronan wrote:"My drop pod and any extra supplies I might've had were destroyed, though I am capable in a fight. What do you think?" Ronan finishes, resting his rail-gun over his shoulder and adjusting his goggles to ensure they remain secure.
Vheld eyes the man critically- the shifter is no gun-bunny, but he's been in enough firefights to know an arsenal when he sees one. "It'll do for now. Lahz can tell you if your tech is compatible with ours; if necessary we can see about a resupply the next time we're in civilization."

Once Lahz approves Ronan's provisional hiring, Vheld takes him around to the rest of the team. "That is Minerva- ignore the blood. Inside you'll find Whisper, our powered armor pilot." Hopefully conscious, if not sober. "Pay my minions no mind" he points out Brokswa, Sshir, and Slithn. "The others with us are part of a unit called the Roughnecks, who have also been tasked with this mission."

After introductions are done, Vheld gives the new recruit some orders. "Make sure that those weapons of yours are in working condition. Once the leadership huddle is done I expect we will be going after the mage who is brainwashing all of these people. If he's by himself in the Magic Zone, he is not to be trifled with."
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Wakiza » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 19

Conditions: Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak just nods to the man and smiles inside his mask as Lahz speaks, He doesn't know me well. "The only thing we know about Nxla is that he has done this before and has overrun other worlds. The citizens of Psyscape may know a bit more as they have been fighting this creature the longest. Know anyone like that we can talk to?" Wak looks over the woman and back to the man, "The Seer knew you and yours were out here searching. Sounds like a situation, Soulharvest I believe it was called, where we need as many groups as possible out looking into this situation. Anything else you'd care to share with us?"

He nods to Lily, "Yes, it seems the Seers don't understand the concept of actionable intelligence. They just allude to grave threats and then expect everyone to go running. Fools, they would be do their cause a much better service if they could only gather a few facts first."
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Minerva » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 32/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 27

Fuck. Here comes that horrible woman. "Mercedes, welcome. Did you have a good rest on board the vehicle?"

Jack Killian wrote: “Hey Mates, I’m not sure about the Funeral Rites here but we should do something about the Lady? In Australia, we have a tendency to burn the bodies because there is a good chance that they be walkin next ta ya and making you join them. If ya catch my drift. So I’ll look for a few Shovels unless any of you have a faster way to dig a hole?”

"I'll find some wood to mark her grave. Meet you back here in ten, Volcano." She gives him a long look before she walks off. What a gentleman! Here I am losing my shit and he is helping me bury a body. I'll have to thank him soon. I wonder if he likes flowers? Or wine? Or maybe motorcycles!

Minerva heads east toward the water and specifically toward the cluster of trees at the river's edge. She searches for two sizable branches that she can snap off using her enhanced strength. She heads back to meet up with Jack and starts fashioning a cross headstone using her utility knife (General Repair and Maintenance - 1d100 = 74/66%).

Vheld wrote:Once Lahz approves Ronan's provisional hiring, Vheld takes him around to the rest of the team. "That is Minerva- ignore the blood."


Minerva looks up from her handywork and extends her hand to shake Ronan's. "Very nice to meet you." Strong handshake. Impressive.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby William Summers » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:58 am

Perception: 1d100 = 9/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 70

Ronan wrote:Ronan glances to Will as Wakiza heads off and pats his shoulder; "You tried. Looks like they've got more important things to worry about than me right now."


"When there's a dragon, everything else is less important. I recognize this move. They're talking instead of fighting. Which is boring, but saves me on ammo." Will gathers in a circle with Jack, Minerva, Ronan, Mercedes and Vheld. He looks past Minerva to the body lying on the ground. "So, you just killed her? Did she have a weapon?" Will shakes his head about the situation. "I get that you're supposed to be the mean team, but don't go killing anymore innocents or we're gonna have some words, understood?" What the hell is Jack thinking trying to shack up with a murderer like that? She can't be trusted, can I trust him? Ugh, things were so much easier on the spacestation.

Once he's done talking to Minerva, Will turns to Vheld and asks "Since the bosses are busy, any ideas about what our next step should be? Should we join one of those teams to round everyone up? Recall Pebbles and head toward that man in the woods?"
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 34 / 67%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 25

Conditions: John is at +5 Feet

John turns to the people he's walking with. "Still no names? This is going to make working together harder." He points at the guy with the long black hair. "Don't make me call you Greasy Joe."

He then watches them rounding up villagers. "Anyone coming with me to get the cause of the problem?" He waits for their response. "How about you, Peaches?"

If they go with him, he immediately walks off, leading the way. If they refuse, he uses that unused Stealth roll in the last post to start making his way towards the target at double-normal-human pace with the intention of hiding and observing Mr. Bathrobe from cover at least briefly.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Mierin » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 84

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 98 (88%)
Concealment 1d100 = 80 (59%)

Condition:
OOC Comments
Multi-Optic eyes
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Wearing CA-3 armour with Super Heavy FF (activated) 160 /160 mdc)

Alfred replies, "I overheard them speaking about heading east a ways, madam. Some one hundred or two hundred miles; they weren't certain of the exact distance. They also mentioned they would be following the Ohio River, and the other group with them had a large, black, hovercraft that should be easy to spot in contrast against the natural environment. Safe trip, madam.”


Mierin nods at Alfred. ”Thank you, Alfred.”

While she waits for Seymour to return, Mierin looks in the garage to see if there were any vehicles she could use. She is surprised to see her old Firefly hover cycle, still in good shape. 'Now that takes me back' she thinks to herself with a small smile, remembering how this was the cycle she had first rode into Merctown on when she first joined the Spook Squad. She wastes no time in riding the cycle out of the garage and gets ready to head out as she waits. When Seymour returns, she shakes her head at him. “I'll ride my cycle. That way, if we run into trouble, we'll be better prepared.” Once they're ready to head out, Mierin will head east, looking for the large black hovercraft Alfred had mentioned. While Mierin doesn't really expect to run into to much trouble, she still keeps a close eye out for any signs that they might be followed. 'Never hurts to be careful.' Mierin thinks to herself.
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 50/50
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:53 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 80
Init: 1d20 = 12
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 79
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 73
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 34

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear / Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 37

Skills
Intelligence 32% / 1d100 = 5
Pilot: Automobile -- 68% / 1d100 = 67

Post -
Hearing the sound of some kind of engine, Seymour leans a little out the window. ”Is that her? Yes, it is. Wow!! She is the real deal.” he stares at her while he uses his right hand to feel aound for his digital camera. ’what a photo op!! The professional, geting ready to face the unknowns of this new world. An adventure for me, a tuesday for her.” He treis to position himself for the perfect candid shot of Meirin. A few several adjustments, he sits in the open window, holding the roof with one hand and the camera with the other. ”Before we go, mind if i snap a pic” He wiggles the camera in his hand. ”No names… i know how to keep my mouth shut.”

Seymour starts to check the lighting, and look thru camera for the right angle, while he waits for an answer. ”The main thing Terry taught me was to ask first. NEVER take someone picture or video with them knowing… Them giving permission is better.” Looking back at his travelling companion, he notices she has already moved on. ’Hey!! Wait for me.” He scrambles back in his rig, and starts her up. With a squeak of frustration, Seymour follows her down the road.

As they drive, seymour notices the beautiful mix of alien and natrual enviromental changes thru out the land. With the window open, he is enjoying the scents as the y move. Every now and then, Seymour notices Meirin looking around. ’What is she doing?” He watchs a bit more,trying to fiqure it out.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Augur » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:25 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1445
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: village of Cave-In Rock, along the Ohio River

Order of Battle
John is blazing the trail afoot.
Minerva leading NE-ATRV on her MBT-300 Black Talon Motorcycle
NE-ATRV (2/18 tons so far)
  • Ray Robot is piloting the ATRV
  • Sil, Sshir, Slithn are in the cargo bay with Whisper's Mecha Knight PA
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar are flying alongside the ATRV
Lahz is following ATRV in his Marauder PA
Tony the Tiger-Bot is shadowing Lahz


Shit Gets Weird in the Magic Zone (everyone else)
Ronan and Vheld discuss immediate matters. Jack demonstrates some empathy and humanity regarding the disposition of the dead woman's body. Minerva seemingly responds well to this, and takes off quickly to fetch a couple sticks and fashions them into a ready cross to mark the woman's grave. Will gathers around the others as Minerva returns with her makeshift grave marker, then suggests they all need to make plans while the bosses engage in their own brand of diplomacy.

Meanwhile, off in the woods, John finds most of his erstwhile co-workers to be a tight-lipped, if efficient bunch. Magic nets are cast, engulfing whole crowds of villagers, earthen walls spring from the earth to block the paths of villagers afoot, and no few are simply picked up by their waists and carried back towards the village. There's not a lot of protest from the villagers, and certainly no fight, they're functionally behaving like livestock. John finds the fallen, knobby tree to be vacant, and when looking in the area, finds no tracks either--which is really odd considering how large the man appeared to be.

Leadership (Lahz & Wakiza speaking with Roland & Lily)
Lahz asks, "How far to this Ruin? 20 miles? 200? Why come here instead of there?"

Lily responds acidly, "Because, nitwit, we didn't know there was a firm connection between this Harvester cult and the problems all the way out here. Also because it's about two-hundred or so miles distant."

Wakiza adds, "The only thing we know about Nxla is that he has done this before and has overrun other worlds."

Roland looks alarmed. "What? How do you know this? By what manner did you come to this information?"

Wakiza inquires, "The citizens of Psyscape may know a bit more as they have been fighting this creature the longest. Know anyone like that we can talk to?"

Roland shakes his head, but Lily ventures, "Have they? Their motives have always been suspect, if not their apparent behavior. They do patrols closer to their own area...which isn't too distant from the Harvester's own area." He strokes his beard, "If that is the case, it would, perhaps, explain why they're operating in that region. They're not well-trusted, you know, most people are wary of them given their relatively sudden and recent appearance."

Wak looks over the woman and back to the man, "The Seer knew you and yours were out here searching. Sounds like a situation, Soulharvest I believe it was called, where we need as many groups as possible out looking into this situation. Anything else you'd care to share with us?"

Roland nods, "If things are as dire as you suggest, you'd better gather allies. I will return to inform Magestar of this information and affirm the claims of the Seers." He looks to Lily, "No doubt you'll be more circumspect, but agree and intend the same?"

Lily's pearl-white brow creases in a frown as her eyes narrow. "That's about the long and short of it, yes." She pauses and looks down. "Damnit." She looks back up and glares at Lahz, then at Roland, then at Wakiza, pausing for a few moments and staring at them. "If this turns out to be exaggerated nonsense, I vow that, if I survive the repercussions of such, to watch the life drain from your eyes." Lily hands Roland one of the whistles, takes one to fasten it around her neck, and then hands the remaining six to Wakiza. "You're a cyber-knight. The stink of your honor and your failure is as thick as these woods. If you're to rally allies to this cause, you'll need some way to signal them when to come. No doubt, if what you say is true, the woods around those ruins are a death trap for those who straggle or rush in. These are single-use items. I'm told they're simple, but quite costly to make. These are all linked, so when you use one, all the others will sound. Patrols carry them to signal for reinforcements when things are desperate; I'd say this qualifies."

Roland accepts the whistle, ties the thong around his neck, and nods at Lily.
(Wakiza's equipment sheet has been updated.)

New & Old Faces (Mierin & Seymour)
After a couple of hours driving while following the river, Seymour finally spots a road in the general vicinity headed to where he believes should be at least on the right track to finding the group. Really, it's little more than a well-worn, and traffic-widened deer trail, but the washboard wear on the path make it quite evident that people also use this path extensively. After another half hours of what is often slow-going navigation of increasingly thick forest which dramatically slows the Cargonaut's speed, they come upon a number of wooden and makeshift structures on the bank of the river, adjoining the forest, and presently occupied by a very odd assortment of people, demonic-looking creatures, and machines standing around talking.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Note: All those along the one edge of the map are presumed to be "off-screen" and in the woods corralling the townsfolk back towards the town.

Augur Note: The next GM post will be posted by Sunday, June 16 at midnight, and written entirely by your GMs.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/ISP/PPE spent

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -10 I.S.P.
John Altfeld:
Lahz:
Mercedes:
Minerva:
Ronan:
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.
Vheld:
Whisper:
William Summers: -7 P.P.E.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5217
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:49 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 19
Init: 1d20 = 5
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 5
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 74
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 26

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear / Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 99

Skills
Intelligence 32% / 1d100 = 9 - what have i heard of the Spooks
T.V./Video -- 42% / 1d100 = 67 - try to get some of this on tape
Pilot: Automobile -- 68% / 1d100 = 45 - make it there
Lore: Magic
--General Knowledge: 40% / 1d100 = 45 - - id people around
Lore: Psychics & Psionics -- 37% / 1d100 = 14 - id people around
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 42% / 1d100 = 98 - - id people around


Post -
Seymour stops his rig and just stares. He leans out the window ’What is the play here?” he will sit back and wait for a response. ”Who the fuck are these people? Power armor? I need a better look.” He grabs his ancient camera and gets comfy in his seat. Using the camera, Seymour takes a look at the group. ’this is definitly a photo op!! What are those?? Are those the spooks? Who or what are they talking to?” With these thoughts, He starts to film the scene.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Ronan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:02 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 23 / 1d20 = 9
Perception [19%]: 1d100 = 35
Charm/Impress [29%]: 1d100 = 6
Intelligence [54%]: 1d100 = 61
Invoke Trust [24%]: 1d100 = 6
Will wrote:"When there's a dragon, everything else is less important. I recognize this move. They're talking instead of fighting. Which is boring, but saves me on ammo."

Ronan laughs at the comment and adds; "Right, I hear that." As he heads off with Vheld.

Vheld wrote:"I'm not making any promises, you understand, but I'm as qualified as anyone else you can find on this planet to open a rift that will take you back home. If you want to stick with us in the hopes that we will someday find information I need to locate your people and return you to them, or until you get a better lead, well, the choice is yours."

On the most unfortunate day of my life, a little luck seems to shine through. Ronan thinks to himself and nods.

Vheld wrote:"That is Minerva- ignore the blood. Inside you'll find Whisper, our powered armor pilot." ... "Pay my minions no mind" he points out Brokswa, Sshir, and Slithn. "The others with us are part of a unit called the Roughnecks, who have also been tasked with this mission."

Minerva wrote:"Very nice to meet you."

Shaking her hand, Ronan has a visible smile when he feels the grip strength and instinctively senses the health of her flesh/body*. "Oh, the pleasure is mine, Minerva, is it? Ronan Deshe, but please, call me Ronan." [Charm/Impress] He says, thinking to himself, Impressive, few people back had her kind of strength and beauty, I'm going to look forward to working with her, I think. As Vheld leads him away, he'll nod to Minerva and follow.

Vheld mentioning the second group makes Ronan pause; "Wait, how many groups are here?" He asks Vheld, while looking at the power armor that remains motionless inside and then the minions, he looks at the large red one with a raised eyebrow through his goggles but moves on and checks his weapons once more before nodding. "Weapons Check Good, low on ammunition but that shouldn't be a problem." Ronan says confidently [Invoke Trust].

Vheld wrote:"Going after the mage who is brainwashing all of these people. If he's by himself in the Magic Zone, he is not to be trifled with."


Ronan glances over to Vheld and'll say, "Would you mind going into a little bit more detail on this Magic Zone, Vheld? I'm afraid, due to where I come from, my knowledge on anything magic related at all is non-existent." Ronan admits, emphasizing the term 'magic'.

*
Sense Health of Flesh: Sensory | Range: Touch or 15 ft away; LOS | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

INTENT: The intent here is that Ronan is checking people as he passes them for injuries, threats, augmentations or modifications to the flesh in any way.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-RA5 Arrow Ride Armor [b]M.D.C. || Helm: 35|| Arms: 14ea || Legs: 18ea || MB: 30
Carried: [NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer] || DMG: 2d6 + P.S. (37) M.D.C.
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Jack Killian » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:24 am

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 41
JIC d20: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 82

Jack looks for a grave yard or some area where he can start digging. As he touches his sword makes a statement to the Sword by using the Nanos that are in him, “Where is the best place to dig to bury the dead women.” Excavation 98% 1d100 = 18 He then puts the sword away and starts to dig Where the sword tells him.

AUGUR EDIT: GMs control/speak for every actor in roleplaying save for the player characters themselves; this includes the souls of NPCs trapped in rune items (or techno-rune items in this case).

He knows it is hard work (Physical: Physical Labor) but he doesn’t break a sweat as the hole gets deeper and bigger. Eventually he asks if anyone else would like to join him in digging. Especially any of the new ones that arrived. Who seems to avoid talking to his group altogether? “Very unfriendly lot these new fellows are.”
"Can we get some help bringing the lady over here carefully?!"
Last edited by Jack Killian on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Vheld » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:18 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 17
PER: 1d100 = 87 vs. 51%

William Summers wrote:"Since the bosses are busy, any ideas about what our next step should be? Should we join one of those teams to round everyone up? Recall Pebbles and head toward that man in the woods?"
Vheld replies in a low voice, "From what I can tell, finding this 'psyscape' place is liable to be looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack. The mage in the woods strikes me as a far more promising lead- plus, if this" Vheld gestures at the village around them, "is Nxla's handiwork, interrogating the mage might prove as enlightening as a visit to psyscape. With a bunch of rescued villagers thrown in for good measure. We can round them up all we want, but unless the plan is to tie them down and force-feed them we can't stave off this kind of mass brainwashing indefinitely. Best to go to the source and neutralize it there."

Bel'Dar paws the earth impatiently, and having decided that hostilities are not about to commence, Vheld orders the rest of his minions back to their previous positions. Sshir and Slithn rumble about having to return to the RV, while Brokswa resumes his perch on the vehicle with an eager stare fixed on the Federation contingent- constantly on edge for any chance at mayhem. Vheld will then complete Ronan’s introductions.

Ronan wrote:"Wait, how many groups are here?"
”Three… Four if you count the villagers. We are working with another team called the Roughnecks out of MercTown- Will can introduce you to them.” Vheld lowers his voice and continues quietly ”The others talking to our leaders over there are with the dragon, and for all practical purposes the locals. With luck, Lahz and Wakiza are convincing them that we share the same purpose, and we’ll be working together for the moment at least.”

Ronan wrote:"Weapons Check Good, low on ammunition but that shouldn't be a problem." Ronan says confidently [Invoke Trust].
”If it is, and that weapon of yours runs on energy clips I should be able to help when you run dry. If not, Whisper can help you poke around our transport to see if there’s anything up for grabs that you could use.”

Ronan wrote:Ronan glances over to Vheld and'll say, "Would you mind going into a little bit more detail on this Magic Zone, Vheld? I'm afraid, due to where I come from, my knowledge on anything magic related at all is non-existent." Ronan admits, emphasizing the term 'magic'.
Oh Gods, a rube. This will be difficult. Vheld sighs slowly. He’s already been talking for far longer than he cares to, and explaining the very concept of magic (to say nothing of the magic zone) is not a prospect that engenders much enthusiasm. Coughing once, he says ”Well… Magic… If you don’t know about it already, you’re not going to be using it any time soon. Think of it as a sort of psychic energy that everyone has but only a few know how to use. It has a great many uses, some of them spectacular, some of them subtle. Best to just keep an eye out, and your mind open, until you get some more experience on this planet.”

”The Magic Zone refers to this region of the planet. A worldwide cataclysm some two or three hundred years ago raised the background level of magical energy to extremely high levels by Megaversal standards, but through some quirk of geography the Magic Zone got even more. Among other things, that means a lot of dimensional instability- random portals to other places, as you’ve already experienced, among other effects that are equally… unpredictable. With these portals come beings from those other places- some friendly, most not. In practical terms, be prepared to use any sensors you have, be on your guard, and when in doubt stick with me. Any other questions?”
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Ronan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Intelligence [54%]: 1d100 = 54

Vheld wrote:"Any other questions?"

Ronan takes a moment to take in the information overload he just asked for [Intelligence] and shakes his head. "Yes, loads, but they can wait. Right now it looks like they're concluding and a new rover just showed up." He addresses, pausing before looking at the minion Vheld rides and continues, "I am not unfamiliar with extraordinary abilities and psychic energies, really have never heard the term magic to be honest, though it could just be called something different I guess. Most of my team has abilities that can allow the manipulation of things for us in some fashion." He adds without going into complete detail, Psychic energies sound just like Miranda and William. He thinks on with a smile.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-RA5 Arrow Ride Armor [b]M.D.C. || Helm: 35|| Arms: 14ea || Legs: 18ea || MB: 30
Carried: [NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer] || DMG: 2d6 + P.S. (37) M.D.C.
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Mierin » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 78 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 39

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Wearing CA-3 armour with Super Heavy FF (activated) 160 /160 mdc)

Mierin disembarks from her hover cycle and looks around. Turning to Seymour, she replies, “The play is to locate the rest of the Squad, specifically, Lahz, whose belongings we are delivering. “ Mierin offers a quick description of Lazh, Vheld, and other Squad members so he can point them out if he sees them before Mierin does. ”After that,” Mierin shrugs. ”I plan on getting a sitrep. I'm not sure what your plan is.”

As she starts looking around for the other Spook Squad members, if she sees Seymour filming the scene, she shakes her head. ”Not the best idea doing that without making sure they're okay with that. Unless, of course, you're TRYING to get yourself punched or shot, then go right ahead.”
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 50/50
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:43 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 22
Init: 1d20 = 1
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 47
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 33
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 69

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear / Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 55

Skills
Lore: Magic
--General Knowledge: 40% / 1d100 = 62 - - look for the spooks
Lore: Psychics & Psionics -- 37% / 1d100 = 86 - look for the spooks
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 42% / 1d100 = 20 - - look for the spooks

Post -
As he sees Meirin get off her ride, Seymour’s hand stops inches from the camera. ”Last time she saw the camera, she didnt appreciate it. Best not piss her off now.” He listens to her action plan. ”Sounds good.” He will keep sitting in the driver’s window and looks at the gathering. “Hmmm. Okay, so Lahz is wearing power armor… got him!@” He looks at Meirin and waves his hand low to get her attention. ”I think i found Lahz. the one in power armor? He is right there standing with some others.” As he awaits an answer, he lowers his arm and looks behind them. ”no CS behind us. Good start to a day!”
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Wakiza » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 11

Conditions: Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Augur wrote: Roland looks alarmed. "What? How do you know this? By what manner did you come to this information?"


Wak just looks back at him, "Well that info came from his mage," he indicates Lahz, "But he said that was all he found, nothing useful just the fall of another world."

Augur wrote: Roland shakes his head, but Lily ventures, "Have they? Their motives have always been suspect, if not their apparent behavior. They do patrols closer to their own area...which isn't too distant from the Harvester's own area." He strokes his beard, "If that is the case, it would, perhaps, explain why they're operating in that region. They're not well-trusted, you know, most people are wary of them given their relatively sudden and recent appearance."


Wak almost smiles, Their motives are suspect, is she kidding? The one from the City of Brass! "Yea, well they may have the the best intel and may know how to deal with this creature."

Augur wrote: Lily's pearl-white brow creases in a frown as her eyes narrow. "That's about the long and short of it, yes." She pauses and looks down. "Damnit." She looks back up and glares at Lahz, then at Roland, then at Wakiza, pausing for a few moments and staring at them. "If this turns out to be exaggerated nonsense, I vow that, if I survive the repercussions of such, to watch the life drain from your eyes." Lily hands Roland one of the whistles, takes one to fasten it around her neck, and then hands the remaining six to Wakiza. "You're a cyber-knight. The stink of your honor and your failure is as thick as these woods. If you're to rally allies to this cause, you'll need some way to signal them when to come. No doubt, if what you say is true, the woods around those ruins are a death trap for those who straggle or rush in. These are single-use items. I'm told they're simple, but quite costly to make. These are all linked, so when you use one, all the others will sound. Patrols carry them to signal for reinforcements when things are desperate; I'd say this qualifies."


Wak almost growls at the woman at the mention of his honor, he can feel the heat rising from his sword to his heart, "I'll do what needs to be done to protect this world, as always." Though not all may agree. He accepts the whistles, "I hope the threat is exaggerated. The seer certainly didn't think so and that psychic phenomena is troubling and tends to back him up. I'll hand them out, assuming I find worthy allies in this place." Why are the attractive one always so damn evil? I may need to take a minute and pray to Quetzacoatl, to see if he is interested in this threat. Seems like something he may know about.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67 / 67%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 88

Damn it - I wanted to question that guy! These new guys really messed everything up!

John takes the time to make a thorough sweep of the area to make sure Rasputin is gone.

Track Humans: 1d100 = 57 / 46%
Detect Concealment: 1d100 = 47 / 46%

Assuming he finds nothing, he returns to the village on a course that will take him back to the river, then up it, at around 60 mph, so as to avoid the magic jerks and hopefully keep them from realizing his speed.

Prowl: 1d100 = 28 / 84%

When he gets closer to the village, he drops to a normal running speed and makes his way up from the river, going to stand directly next to Wakiza. "Rasputin is gone. It looks like he flew away or teleported. No tracks."

He gives Roland a withering look and is about to do the same to Lilly, but realizes she's hot and tries a 'sexy smirk' instead. "My guess is he heard our new friends and took off. It looks like Team Peaches got all the villagers, because I didn't see any farther into the woods."


As he waits for a response from Wakiza, Roland or Lilly, John spots the small group around the gravesite. "At least she cleans up after herself," he half-mutters.

"If you can spare Mr. Black and/or the Aussie Bossie, I'd like to take a look at that other site of interest I told you about earlier. Or we can take the whole crew. It might be a forward base. Or just full of monsters. Or bears. Or monster-bears."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Lahz » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:40 am

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 1 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: 1d100 = 64

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary], Marauder PA

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 58

=======================


Bossy Blonde wrote:"... No doubt, if what you say is true, the woods around those ruins are a death trap for those who straggle or rush in. These are single-use items. I'm told they're simple, but quite costly to make. These are all linked, so when you use one, all the others will sound. Patrols carry them to signal for reinforcements when things are desperate; I'd say this qualifies."


Lahz ponders for a moment the whistle-things, "So, wear one of these and it could go off because someone else blew theirs while we're trying to sneak up on a horde of necromantic demons and things??? Won't that just give away the location of Everyone wearing one? ... Just to clarify the effect."

He is not quite convinced of the usefulness of these devices and hopes the woman merely gave an incomplete explanation before.

Should they somp off or whatever, Lahz will turn and approach Vheld and the newly arrived man in dark glasses/goggles(?), "Hello there, who is this?"
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Hannibal » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:34 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1500
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: village of Cave-In Rock, along the Ohio River

Order of Battle
John is blazing the trail afoot.
Minerva leading NE-ATRV on her MBT-300 Black Talon Motorcycle
NE-ATRV (2/18 tons so far)
  • Ray Robot is piloting the ATRV
  • Sil, Sshir, Slithn are in the cargo bay with Whisper's Mecha Knight PA
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar are flying alongside the ATRV
Lahz is following ATRV in his Marauder PA
Tony the Tiger-Bot is shadowing Lahz


Mission Notes wrote:Roland nods, "If things are as dire as you suggest, you'd better gather allies. I will return to inform Magestar of this information and affirm the claims of the Seers. Also, we have heard rumors from villagers while traveling through the region of a powerful band of demons in the area; what's strange though is that this band does not seem intent on random slaughter and chaos, but appears to be mostly leaving villages alone. Based on this behavior, it seems that they also seem to be searching for something."

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation--Achievement Unlocked
  • Recruit help from Magestar--Achievement Unlocked
  • Recruit help from MercTown (Mercs; Another group that's in town even?)
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.

Recap
Vheld does his best to explain to Ronan what the magic zone is and although Ronan is familiar with extraordinary powers, he is left a little curious as to the differences in what he knows and understands and what these new people call magic. When the new rover shows up Ronan mentions it to Vheld, but neither man does more than look in that direction.

Killian asks his sword for the best place to dig to bury the dead woman, It would have been best to not have to bury the woman, and if you mean to ask where would be best to dig I would say in the sand. I feel you mean to ask where you might dig here and I can only say to prepare for the work ahead and avoid the roots as the ground is filled with them. Jack selects a location and starts digging. His request for help seems to fall on deaf ears as no one responds and he is left digging alone. Once he finishes the hole and asks for help bringing the woman over a stranger offers a hand and helps bring her to what will now be her final resting place. "Someone gonna say a few words? Or we just gonna throw dirt on her?" the man asks once they lower her down.

Seymour and Mierin pull up to the scene and Seymour is immediately entranced by the mixed group of people around. In his awe, he pulls out his camera to get a closer look and starts filming the scene. Mierin gets off of her hover cycle and warns Seymour to put the camera away unless his is looking for trouble. She heads into the crowd to look for any spooks who might be out there. She immediately sees Vhled talking with a man she has never seen before. Just as she does, Seymour lets her know that he has spotted Lahz as well.

Moving Out…
Lahz and Wakiza finish up their conversation with Lily and Roland. Roland looks to Wakiza and Lahz and says, ”We will take the villagers with us and keep them someplace they will be safe for now. If we are able to help, you will see us again. If not then the best of luck to you all as it seems our future may be in your hands.” With that he gestures to his people and they begin to heard the villagers off. He raises his hand in a wave and starts his journey.

Lily looks to Wak and her eyes thin as he tells her he hopes the threat is exaggerated. ”Be careful what you wish for, sometime dreams do come true.” She flips her hair turns her head and walks off with Roland. While she is walking away she says to Lahz without turning around, "Wear it or don't, I'll come or I won't."

Wak and Lahz are left with an odd feeling. Neither is quite sure if they have made allies or merely averted a needless battle. Either way it is clear with he villagers and the other group leaving there is not much left to do in this village.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Note: All those along the one edge of the map are presumed to be "off-screen" and in the woods corralling the townsfolk back towards the town. There was not much movement from the last GM post so the map is still pretty close.

Hannibal Note: The next GM post will be posted by Sunday, June 23 at midnight, and written entirely by your GMs.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/ISP/PPE spent

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -10 I.S.P.
John Altfeld:
Lahz:
Mercedes:
Minerva:
Ronan:
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.
Vheld:
Whisper:
William Summers: -7 P.P.E.
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Ronan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:36 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 81/1d20 = 4
Perc [19%]: 1d100 = 42
Intelligence [24%]: 1d100 = 83
Recognize Weapon Quality [39%]: 1d100 = 89

Lahz wrote:"Hello there, who is this?"


When Vheld and Ronan are approached by Lahz, Ronan turns to face him and Lahz does see a pair of securely worn black goggles. "Ronan Deshe; wasn't my plan to crash this party." He glances up at the star and then to Vheld and Lahz, his left index finger tracing the googles. "Don't mind the goggles." He adds, slightly adjusting the goggles before giving Lahz the full-run down of what he thinks.

"Long story short; My team and I were doing mission drop out of a space vessel, mid-drop I get knocked around and lose contact with everyone and then take out a sizable part of that house's living room. We think it was a-" looking to Vheld "What'd you call it? Ley Line Storm or a Rift, that sent me here. Either way, I know this is a bad time for you lot, so I offered a deal. I'll help your crew now if you help me figure this out when you can." Ronan offers. So far these people have been fairly agreeable. Better than landing on an Atorian Planet with no friends to be sure. He thinks to himself.

"I'm strong, tough and a mean shot with a few extra quirks. My rifle checks out, though I will need ammunition soon or a new weapon, so if there are any suggestions on that front. My gear is not from here, so I don't know if there's even a way to get more ammunition or armor repairs actually." He mentions his armor, still looking strong but noting that both functioning pieces of equipment are from an alternate world.




When/if introduced to Meirin/Seymour or Whisper, he'll initially greet them similarly. "Hello, name's Ronan Deshe. I'll be working with you for awhile." Ronan will say and will offer the shorter story, "Annoying story short; We think I was in another dimension and during a mission, I dropped here. I'll be hanging around until I can either get back, or we find out I can't." He says, shrugging and attempting to play off the shell-shock he has. I'll get back even if I need to get Atlas himself to intervene.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-RA5 Arrow Ride Armor [b]M.D.C. || Helm: 35|| Arms: 14ea || Legs: 18ea || MB: 30
Carried: [NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer] || DMG: 2d6 + P.S. (37) M.D.C.
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Wakiza » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 14

Conditions: Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak just nods to Roland, "You are probably saving them from a nasty fate." Wak just smiles at Lily, a smile with very little humor in it, Yea, yea, it not like I haven't been threatened by beautiful and twisted mages before, why stop now. Do stupid old mages only train the beautiful and evil ones?

Wak nods to John, "makes sense that the mage ran off. I mean there was a dragon flying around. Yes, let's check out the cave before we move on. Lahz you have a problem with that?" He too looks at the grave, "Yes, she bashes a woman's brains out then allows Jack to bury the body, how courteous of her." What did I get us into? "Roughnecks, let's check out the cave. John why don't you run up and scout the opening, but don't go in."

As Seymour and Mierin make an entrance Wak takes a hold of his new rifle. "Hey Lahz, you know these two?"
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Jack Killian » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:58 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 82
JIC d20: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 3

Jack buries the lady and stands silently next to the grave his head bowed, “Lady I don’t know your name. I’m sorry this had to end this way for you. Better luck in your next go around.”

"Roughnecks, let's check out the cave. John why don't you run up and scout the opening, but don't go in."


When Wak order the group to form up Jack lays the shovel next to the tree and picks up his sword and thinks, “Wak take it easy don’t need to divide this group anymore. Got to get my mind off the lady, Ladies and back to the mission. Hmm, cave I need to keep the booms down don’t need to bring the cave down on all of us.” “Sword need your expertise on this cave and any advise on what not to do, beside the obvious not to go in.”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:24 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 43
Init: 1d20 = 13
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 6
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 84
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 46

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear / Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 2

Skills
T.V./Video -- 42% / 1d100 = 13


Post -
Seymour looks around as the people mingle. When he hears talk of a mage, his ears perk and twitch. He climbs down from his rig, stopping in the cab long enough to grab his camera and “PRESS” hat. Donning the hat and putting the camera on his shoulder, Seymur walks around. ”I am gonna get some great stuff with these folks. If they will allow it.” With the camera pointed off the ground, he walks towards the group. As he passes john, he pauses ”wow!! Out here an adventurer is burying a villager. This i need to get.” He walks closer, holding up the camera as he does so.
”Excuse me, sir. My name is seymour. I am an independent journalist. May i get a picture? Thi is a powerful moment, and i would love to capture it.”
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Spook Squad/Roughnecks/MARS Joint Adventure

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mierin and 1 guest

cron