The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

The Spook Squad & the Roughnecks team up to tackle a dangerous, high stakes mission in the Federation of Magic.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:26 am

Recap
On the way to the cave Wak addresses the group, "Roughnecks, let's do this by the numbers. Any number of things could be in there. John go check it out, and we'll wait here." Wak smiles and closes his helmet and finishes, "John you lead us in and Jack back him up. Will, a little light please? Mercedes follow Jack, Will and I will take the rear. Spooks where are you going?"

Lahz exits his power armor, and takes off his armor to give to Ronan. Noticing the uncomfortable nature of the spooks he has met, Seymour puts his camera away and attempts to erase all the pictures he had taken. While Lahz is disrobing, Seymour comes back to the group and addresses his concerns, "I was looking for a team members of the Spooks--a mutant named Kroota Groot. I had planned on asking some questions, but I ran into this lady. He nods at Meirin. "She said she had a delivery to make to the Spooks, so I came in hopes of finding Kroota. No not impervious to anything except other peoples B.S. My apologies on the lack of proper gear, but I was not planning on leaving MT for awhile. This is a spontaneous decision. I am here. What do you need?"

Lahz offers Seymour his force field and tells him, "You want to come along? We can use someone who can document both the large obstacles and demise of the necromancers and enemies of significance so we can show and recruit others. This is a loan. iI is worth around two hundred thousand credits--about the same as three sets of good armor. If you take off with it, I may be cross with you. Your Cargonaut nuclear? We are headed for Psyscape and have other stops. It would be kind of dumb to have to leave your vehicle in the Magic Zone because you ran out of gas. What's your range?"

Seymour replies, "I will catch up. Oh, and my rig will do 300 miles on anything from gas to moonshine."

Ronan accepts the offer of the armor, "It'll work, if some of--whoever you call bad guy--breaks it, I'll make them pay for it," then shyly ducks behind one of the vehicle to change. Once changed, he asks, "Not to push my luck, but does anyone have a spare melee weapon? Mine was destroyed with the rest of my pod and equipment unfortunately but I am quite good at up close, might be good to save what little ammo I have." At Ronan's request, Lahz taps his radio, "Ray, leave the APC on hover and bring your hammer out to loan to the new guy. Purple hair, calls himself Ronan, not that I'm accusing him of anything."

Accepting the hammer from Ray, Ronan says to Lahz, "This should do well while I get my bearings about me. I'll follow your lead."

When the group arrives at the cave they find John Atfield in pebble form. Startled, Lahz levels his weapon without hesitation, but holds his fire long enough for John to begin speaking. Tony, Ronan, and Mierin follow suit and raise their rifles at John as well.

John says, "Oh! New people! Me am Flint. John go scout other noises more farther, tell me to help here. John say to tell you he hear loud noises from cave! He no tell what it is!"

Jack immediately replies, "Nice shock there, mate. The cave is natural, be careful hitting the walls or roofs it might cause a cave in. You all got that. Back in Aussieland, opal mines are small. Some of the others are a bit larger. Maybe dingoes in some of the smaller ones. Nice shelter for survival."

Seeing that Jack is familiar with the rock creature Lahz says, "Speedy the giant is gone? Wak? You guys know this thing? Did not see it in town or on the APC."

Wak replies quickly to alleviate the surprise and avoid the group opening fire on John, "Yes, that creature operates with John. More competent than it sounds too, saved an important contact from a Sploog Mothership." "Thanks Will. I don't see an ambush, though this would be a perfect spot for one." What in the spirits is that noise?

Hearing the others discuss going in and what the noise may be, Seymour clears his throat and says, "If I may? I have a sound amplifier. Maybe I can get a better read on the sound so it may be easier to ID," then takes a closer look only to realize there is a talking mound of pebbles and says, "Ummm? Who? What?"

Will walk up to the front of the cave, "Egunez Bola! There's your light, boss." Will casts Globe of Daylight and has it hover at the head of the group. Taking his position at the rear, he asks Wakiza, "Did I overhear that we might be heading to Dweomer? I should be able to get us in." When the light brightens the tunnel Wak says, "Thanks Will. I don't see an ambush, though this would be a perfect spot for one."

Inside the cave of Doom…
Skill Checks
Seymour
T.V./Video -- 42% / 1d100 = 96 - erase any footage of JTFA - Seymour feels he has erased everything.
Photography -- 47% / 1d100 = 30 - erase any footage of JTFA - Seymour feels he has erased everything.
Computer Programming 40% / 1d100 = 8 - erase any footage of JTFA - Seymour feels he has erased everything.
Ronan
Intelligence [24%]:1d100 = 47 Ronan is unable to make sense of the group hierarchy.
Radio, Basic [79%]: 1d100 = 30 Ronan's Radio is functional.
Wakiza
Detect Ambush-- 1d100 = 43 / 78% Wakiza sees no signs of an ambush setup. It is obvious though this would be as good a place as any for one.
Detect Concealment-- 1d100 = 40 / 73% Wakiza does not see anything concealed or any signs of concealment.
John Atfield
Wilderness Survival: 1d100 = 79 / 71% - The cave looks like a perfect comfortable and safe place.
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic: 1d100 = 74 / 51% - He feels like it sounds like a small field mouse.
Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100 = 99 / 76% - Could be the bellow of a three sided wilder beast.

The team enters the cave prepared, ready, and stealthy. The bellow is amplified greatly as they pass through the entrance. Inside they take a sharp turn to the right and an immediate turn left again. The globe of day light allows them to see down the deep cavern in front of them. It seems to go on for three or four hundred feet and maintains a continuous slope downward. The hall seems to narrow more as it extends deeper and deeper into the cave. Unable to see the full distance the group continues deeper into the cave and the earth as they make their way down the increasingly steep slope. As they descend into the hollow, they can feel the damp all around them intensify.

When they finally reach what seems to be the end, they find the corridor makes another sharp turn right, around which turn they find a massive brown bear sleeping. The bear's incredibly loud snoring is the obvious cause of the "bellow" heard near the cave entrance. The stealthy efforts of the team keep the bear from waking up. Behind the bear Will can see what seems to be a nook with a leather pouch sitting on a ledge. Having just enough room to move around the bear without waking it, Will makes his way behind and grabs the pouch. Not wanting to waste any more time or risk waking the bear he heads back quickly without checking what is inside the pouch.

The team then follows the only other two branches off the main cavern and find nothing other than the bear. While returning to the main entrance they notice what might have been the remnants of an impromptu camp. Having missed this detail on the way in, they take a moment to look it over. There is a place where an obvious fire ring had once been, but the coals are long cold. They can tell that someone other than the bear had called the cave home, and not too long ago. Feeling confident there is nothing else in the cave to find, the team regroups outside and discusses plans for moving forward. Outside, Will feels an internal urge of sorts. A deep need to reach into his pocket and hold the new found object washes over him. At the same time his left eye begins to itch. Not an intense itch, but enough to cause him to rub it.

On to greener pastures, or so they hope…
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1800
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: unknown village, along the Ohio River

Order of Battle
John is blazing the trail afoot.
Minerva leading NE-ATRV on her MBT-300 Black Talon Motorcycle
NE-ATRV (2/18 tons so far)
  • Ray Robot is piloting the ATRV
  • Sil, Sshir, Slithn are in the cargo bay with Whisper's Mecha Knight PA
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
  • Mierin
Seymour is following in his Cargonaut, Ronan riding shotgun
Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar are flying alongside the ATRV
Lahz is following ATRV in his Marauder PA
Tony the Tiger-Bot is shadowing Lahz

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation--Achievement Unlocked
  • Recruit help from Magestar--Achievement Unlocked
  • Recruit help from MercTown (Mercs; Another group that's in town even?)
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.


The Roughnecks and Spook Squad have some ways to go before they split up as it's believed that both Stormspire and Psyscape are farther east. They discover an old road after trailblazing for an hour through dense forest to make their way away from Cave-In Rock. The sun is still high and hot, though now sloping quickly toward the treeline. They've been following an ancient road that looks somewhat maintained and which approximately follows the course of the river along the south bank. The trees begin to thin out quite suddenly and the forest looks more managed. They follow the bend and immediately see signs of a small settlement in the distance. There are only three structures in the clearing, though they're sizable and look to be of far sturdier construction than those back at Cave-In Rock. The sound of a weapon discharge followed by screams fill the ears and audio pick-ups of the team, and those who are able to sense the opening of a rift. Finally rounding the bend, they see a number of lone figures (most armed) encircling a crowd of villagers who seem to be huddled together, but being pushed toward the open rift by the corralling actions of the lone figures. It's hard to make out any details from a distance with the naked eye, but the sounds and commotion clearly indicate that the villagers are in distress from an aggressive outside party.

Map Reveal 1 (Southern half; open in a new tab)
Map Reveal 2 (Northern half; open in a new tab)
Composite Map (there's some area missing from the top)

Hannibal Note: The next GM post will be posted by Tuesday, July 9th by midnight.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/ISP/PPE spent

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -10 I.S.P.
John Altfeld:
Lahz:
Mercedes:
Minerva:
Ronan:
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.
Vheld:
Whisper:
William Summers: -7 P.P.E.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5266
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

The Doom of Nxla, Act 1: Investigation

Postby Vheld » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:08 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 1
PER: 1d100 = 82 vs. 51%
Conditions
  • At a ley line (x2 range, duration, damage of spells/magic effects; can draw 10 PPE per round).
  • Energy fields have 120 MDC and a duration of 80 minutes after ley line boost.
  • Invincible armor from talismans has 220 MDC, 54m remaining, regenerates 1d6 MDC/melee, takes half damage from all magical or mundane energy attacks, is fully environmental, and conveys -15% to physical skills.
  • Storm staff remains active for 20 melee rounds, can fire four lightning bolts per melee.

Intelligence- 1d100 = 6 vs. 91%
To try and identify a high-ranking or otherwise knowledgeable enemy for Slithn to take prisoner

Vheld largely ignores the remaining confusion regarding this 'Flint' being and its relationship to John. If the other Roughnecks say it's an ally or minion of the scout's, well... Vheld is hardly in a position to judge. It isn't hostile, and that's all the shifter needs to know. Satisfied that the new recruits are integrating well enough with the team, and their allies aren't about to turn on them in response to Minerva's... incident Vheld rides along to the cave impassive.

Inside the cave itself, Vheld hangs towards the middle or rear of any scouting group that goes in. He's not there to see in darkness or identify terrain- just to (hopefully) give the team some warning of any magic and/or dimensional shenanigans that pop up. When none do, Vheld concludes that the cave holds little of interest to them and departs without so much as a backwards glance. Should Vheld notice, or Will mention, the object picked up in the cave Vheld will express his curiosity and try to examine it. Otherwise, he will re-mount Bel’Dar and follow the rest of the team when they move out.

As they near the village, Vheld will cut Bel’Dar’s altitude so that they aren’t seen from far away, but will remain mounted unless the teams decide to land for a face-to-face before approaching. Assuming they don’t, Vheld will consider the villagers’ situation and decide that this is a good time to try and earn back some of his allies’ good will. No doubt the cyber-knight will want to rescue the civilians, among others. Perhaps being proactive will help convince these Roughnecks of our intentions. Assuming the rest of the team is amenable to engaging the attackers, Vheld considers the tactical situation before barking a few quick orders to his minions. ”Sil, Sshir remain here and protect the vehicle. Slithn, follow me but wait for my order to engage- I want you to take one prisoner. Brokswa” Vheld smiles thinly ”with me- time to show these miscreants what you can do. Bel’Dar, prepare to do a strafing run while I see about protecting those villagers.” As if there’s any chance they’ll last a year in the Magic Zone. What a waste of time. Before departing for battle Vheld, Bel’Dar, and Brokswa will each activate their invincible armor talismans ((-1 charge each)).

Vheld and his three minions will fly off towards the area- not really waiting for the others but not flying so fast that they can’t be overtaken. Vheld’s priority will be creating shelters for the villagers, so that they can’t be shot but also can’t be herded into the rift. Bel’Dar, as usual, will concentrate on flying defensively while Brokswa will pick the nearest hostile target and begin lobbing plasma bolts at it. Once the villagers are safe, Vheld will add his offensive spellcasting to the battle; as targets he will prioritize (in order) a) anyone who looks determined to punch through his energy fields and molest the villagers, b) anyone who attacks Vheld himself, and c) anyone who looks to be particularly threatening. Should Vheld identify a high-ranking opponent (or otherwise surmise that a particular individual is worth interrogating), he will point them out to Slithn.

Vheld
Initiative: 1d20 = 9
APM: 7

Action 1: Cast energy field on the closest group of villagers -10 PPE
Action 2: Cast energy field on the next closest group of villagers -10 PPE
Actions 3-4: Cast targeted deflection -15 PPE
Action 5: Activate storm staff -30 PPE
Action 6: Lightning bolt targeting as above. 1d20+3 = 14 to strike, 12d6 = 45 MD.
Action 7: Lightning bolt targeting as above. 1d20+3 = 21 to strike, 12d6 = 43 MD.

Auto-parries (energy attacks only); with targeted deflection active, rolls above 13 will return to strike the attacker: 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 11, 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 17,
Contingency 1: Starting with action 3, replace listed actions as needed with additional castings of energy field over any other groups of villagers Vheld’s aerial maneuverings reveal.
Contingency 2: Vheld will re-activate his invincible armor talisman if the first spell is depleted.


Bel’Dar
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 52
APM: 6

Actions 1-6: Reactivate invincible armor if it is depleted.

Bel’Dar will do a straight pass over the group, giving the rift as wide a berth as possible without leaving the area of engagement (from SE to NE on map 2); if it has time it will come around and do a second pass before zeroing-in on Vheld’s target of choice and following it. Bel’Dar will focus on flying defensively only.

Auto-dodges (please add +8): 6d20:
8, 20, 1, 6, 15, 19


Brokswa
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 25
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 78
APM: 5

Unlike the others, Brokswa will dive right into the thick of it and begin shooting plasma bolts at anything that looks hostile.

Action 1: Fire plasma bolt at closest target. 1d20+5 = 21, 5d6 = 23 MD.
Action 2: Fire plasma bolt at closest target. 1d20+5 = 16, 5d6 = 9 MD.
Action 3: Fire plasma bolt at closest target. 1d20+5 = 19, 5d6 = 16 MD.
Action 4: Fire plasma bolt at closest target. 1d20+5 = 20, 5d6 = 17 MD.
Action 5: Fire plasma bolt at closest target. 1d20+5 = 25, 5d6 = 23 MD.

Contingency: Brokswa will re-activate his invincible armor talisman if the first spell is depleted.


Slithn
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 84
APM: 4

Intelligence: 1d100 = 68 vs. 98%
To try and identify a high-ranking or otherwise knowledgeable enemy to take prisoner

While she can’t match Bel’Dar’s speed or maneuverability, the intangible wraith doesn’t really need to either- it will follow along after Vheld, impatient to join the mayhem. Should Vheld or Slithn identify a high-ranking target among the opposition (or someone whose actions otherwise indicate that they might be worth interrogating), she will move in and attempt to use bio-manipulation: paralysis to immobilize them. Slithn will make up to two attempts to do so, if they fail she will look for another target.

Action 1: Bio-manipulation: paralysis (contingent)
Action 2: Bio-manipulation: paralysis (contingent)
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:44 am

JiC: 1d100 = 84 / 1d20 = 5
Perc [19%]: 1d100 = 15

Detect Ambush [54%]: 1d100 = 2 (Crit?) (Determine if being ambushed or snuck up on while inside or approaching the building)
Prowl [54%]: 1d100 = 39 (Sneak inside the building)
Intelligence [54%]: 1d100 = 87 (Processing new stuff)
Military Etiquette [69%]: 1d100 = 12 (Coordinate with team)

New armor checks out, thin design; it doesn't feel like it can take much but that is apparently more than ADF Standard. I'm sure I can get that armor modified to be more applicable while I am here. Speakers are bit overtuned on this helm, are the people of this planet have muffled hearing and in need of the star to see? The voids of space are darker. He thinks to himself then recounts the crash course given by Vheld and Lahz regarding the Spooks Hierarchy. Once the threat is identified, Ronan will hop out of the vehicle and sling his KLS rifle on his back, drawing the hammer and queuing his radio.

"Duece, Going to do a quick sweep of the two buildings then meet you on the other side. I'll call if it gets hot in there. Anyone want to take my six?" Ronan states and will get a comfortable grip on the hammer. As he nears the buildings, he will glance towards the ground to see if he can spot any shards of glass on the ground and, if found, use it to peek in the windows. Otherwise, he will do a quick spot on the windows to do a count or perception check on anyone inside before staying low and moving to the closest entrance. [Military Etiquette]

When Ronan stacks on the door, he'll listen [Detect Ambush], and whisper "Knock, knock?" with a grin as his grip tightens.

Ronan will check the handle and if it's open, proceed in slowly. [Prowl]He will clear the first area the same way, spotting each corner. Once immediate area is clear, he will move to the closest door and repeat. He will engage any armored figure that resembles the ones outside with extreme prejudice and will defend any civilians he sees inside. He will not hesitate to call if needs backup.

If it is locked, he'll move to listen for a moment then proceed to kick the door open and moving to clear. He will button-hook in each room, going the direction of the door but spotting each corner before proceeding. He will engage any armored figure that resembles the ones outside with extreme prejudice and will defend any civilians he sees inside. He will not hesitate to call if he needs backup (2+ Hostiles).

Combat Contingency
APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 15
Parries (for meleers): 1d20+8 = 26 | 1d20+8 = 24 | 1d20+8 = 14 | 1d20+8 = 17
Dodges (for shooters): 1d20+8 = 27 | 1d20+8 = 24 | 1d20+8 = 20 | 1d20+8 = 26

A1: Stack on and check door to first building, if open, open.
A2: If locked, breach aggressively with a kick. Strike: 1d20+5 = 18| DMG: 2d6+37 = 46 M.D.C.
A3: Button-hook around the door. Ready to parry (above) with his hammer and return strike with a right fist to identified aggressors. Strike: 1d20+5 = 10 | DMG: (1d6*10)+37 = 57 M.D.C.
A4: Continue to clear, will continue to button hook per door, but spot and clear each room before moving on. Ready to parry (above) with his hammer and return strike with a right fist to identified aggressors. Strike: 1d20+5 = 20 | DMG: (1d6*10)+37 = 57 M.D.C.
A5: Continue to clear, will continue to button hook per door, but spot and clear each room before moving on. Ready to parry (above) with his hammer and return strike with a right fist to identified aggressors. Strike: 1d20+5 = 10 | DMG: (1d6*10)+37 = 97 M.D.C.
A6: Continue to clear, will continue to button hook per door, but spot and clear each room before moving on. Ready to parry (above) with his hammer and return strike with a right fist to identified aggressors. Strike: 1d20+5 = 23 | DMG: (1d6*10)+37 = 87 M.D.C.

*Contingency 1: If he encounters two or more hostiles, or any civilians he will radio the group. "Friendlies/Hostiles confirmed in building one." Alternate as needed
**Contingency 2: Dodge/Parries -- He will attempt to dodge/parry up to six different attacks, 3 melee and 3 ranged; He will attempt to counter each enemy attack as per Paired Weapons.


Invulnerability
☞ Invulnerable to: Cold/Fire/Heat/Elec/Lasers and other energy attacks, along with bullets, punches, falls, etc do no damage.
☞ Supernatural melee attacks do half-damage, Extraordinary and Super-human strength do no damage
☞ Gases, drugs, chemicals, poisons, toxins and radiation will affect the invulnerable person, but are reduced to half their usual potency (half damage, duration, effect)
☞ The character is only, truly, vulnerable to psionics, magic, and magic weapons, all of which have full effect.
☞ ☞ However, energy type spells, such as Fireball, do no damage.
☞ Basic Punch does 1d6 MD, basic kick does 2d6 MD base + PS unless restrained
☞ Hold breath for 12 minutes || Survive without food for 80 days
☞ Regenerate 1d6x10 MDC per minute

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72 / 67%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 50

... I always thought the Magic Zone's dangers were overhyped. This is too much!


"No more kidnapping today!" says John, under his breath and springs into action.

Still holding his sword, John run/sneaks between the two buildings to the northwest of the team
Prowl: 1d100 = 73 / 84%

Once he has a wall between himself and the Spooks, he changes to rock form and sucks his equipment inside himself. If the people kidnapping the villagers haven't noticed him and combat hasn't started, he takes the next moment to grow to full size. And then, it's on.

Combat Stuff
Initiative: 1d20+13 = 31
Action 1: Charge nearest enemy target, trying to knock him/her/it into the rift Strike: 1d20+10 = 26 Damage: 1d4 = 1 + Knockdown. OR grow to full size if combat starts/John is spotted before growing (don't forget to make enemy Horror Factor checks)
Action 2: Slash nearest target with sword. Strike: 1d20+12 = 29 / Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 102
Action 3: Slash nearest target with sword. Strike: 1d20+12 = 28 / Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 112
Action 4: Slash nearest target with sword. Strike: 1d20+12 = 30 / Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 132 CRIT
Action 5: Slash nearest target with sword. Strike: 1d20+12 = 13 / Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 112 FUMBLE
Action 6: Slash nearest target with sword. Strike: 1d20+12 = 13 / Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 122 FUMBLE
Action 7: Slash nearest target with sword. Strike: 1d20+12 = 18 / Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 122
Action 8: Slash nearest target with sword. Strike: 1d20+12 = 22 / Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 132
Action 9: Slash nearest target with sword. Strike: 1d20+12 = 20 / Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 92

CONTINGENCY: If John is ever able to move to where he's within 20 feet of three targets or a high-value target (leader, dangerous monster or similar), his next 2 actions are spent on a landslide attack (see Pebbles power). Strike: 1d20+10 = 13 - if this can't be performed against more than 1 target at once, he will only use it against a high-value target. From the description it seems like it can be used on multiple targets? Especially in consideration of Growth.

Parries: 1d20+16 = 30, 1d20+16 = 26, 1d20+16 = 23, 1d20+16 = 35, 1d20+16 = 17 FUMBLE, 1d20+16 = 27, 1d20+16 = 19, 1d20+16 = 25, 1d20+16 = 20, 1d20+16 = 19, 1d20+16 = 20

Auto-Dodges: 1d20+1 = 7, 1d20+1 = 19, 1d20+1 = 5, 1d20+1 = 11, 1d20+1 = 17, 1d20+1 = 14, 1d20+1 = 13, 1d20+1 = 10, 1d20+1 = 18, 1d20+1 = 18

Resistance Rolls (+12 vs. Magic; +6 vs. Psionics): 1d20 = 11, 1d20 = 11, 1d20 = 17, 1d20 = 4, 1d20 = 5, 1d20 = 10, 1d20 = 3, 1d20 = 7
Last edited by John Altfeld on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:00 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 74
Init: 1d20 = 19
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 36
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 63
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 88


Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 91

Skills
Surveillance -- 44% /1d100 = 40 - find right spot for camera use
Radio: Basic -- 57% / 1d100 = 51 - talk to group
Prowl 72% /1d100 = 29 - sneak around
Identify scents: 62% / 1d100 = 49 - find scent
Track by scent: 58% / 1d100 = 74 - follow into cave
Tv/Video -- 37% 1d100 = 79 - use camera
Intelligence 32% 1d100 = 97 - to fiqure out good camera angles


Post -
”How did I get here? Started looking for a story, now i am a propaganda machine.’ He looks beside him. ”with an alien along for the ride.” With a quick head shake to clear silly thoughts, seymour slows the cargonaut to an idle. He waits to see what the others will do. Hearing Ronan’s plan, Seymour moves the rig closer to the first building. ”I will go with you. Let me park this beast and we are gone.”

Parking it, and shutting it down, Seymour grabs his camera. As he reached for his hat, ”nope. Not the hat. I don't need to advertise what I do.” With a grunt, he drops his hat and exits the rig. Checking his gear quickly, he decides he is good to go and follows Ronan into the building.

((OOC - IRL i have no experience in military or police tactics besides what i see on tv, i apologize if any of this is wrong. ))

Seymour follows behind Ronan. When he sees ronan at the door, Seymour gets in stack up position behind him. Then with a tap on Ronan’s shoulder, he signals all good. As they enter, Seymour stays a few steps back with camera on shoulder, ready to record if something happens. As he waits, he uses his natural abilities as well as his skills to see what’s around, if anything. ’okay. This guy is obviously military. I am not. This is all streets, baby. *giggle* Now if i was clearing a place, how would I do it?” He waits till Ronan clears the first room, then Seymour moves up and just inside the doorway.
As he waits for the next room to be cleared, he glances out the window. ’Still not good enough. I need clear images of these assholes.’ He continues on to the next room. He will continue this till he finds the right spot for his camera magic.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:32 am

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 8
JIC d20: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 52
INIT: 1d20+2 = 22

Jack speaks up on the radio, “Volcano here, Boss swing the vehicle over to the roof of the building nearest us. I can get on top the roof and take the high ground."

Jack take the roof and heads to the far edge to cover the action. He grabs the CP -50 and stays low as he moves closer to the far edge of the rooftop. He waits for someone to start happening before. Uses the rooftop as cover.
"Got to try to take those guys down north of the ley line to give the civilians a chance to make a break for it to the building."
Sense of Balance 71% 1d100 = 3
Combat Action (6)
Action 1: brings up force field (105 MDC, ISP 30)
Action 2: looks over edge to find a target. Crit 18, 19, 20 Burst CP-50
Action 3: Strike, 1d20+3 = 22 Damage, 6d6 = 19 x2=38 (the one closest to the side of building with civilians in it" W")
Action 4: Strike, 1d20+3 = 21 Damage, 6d6 = 16 x2= 32 (the one closest to the side of building with civilians in it" W")
Action 5: Strike, 1d20+3 = 20 Damage, [ dice]8[/dice] x2 = 40 (the one closest to the side of building with civilians in it" W")
Action 6: Strike, 1d20+3 = 12 Damage, 6d6 = 23 (the one closest to the side of building with civilians in it" W")
6d6 = 20
Last edited by Jack Killian on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Minerva » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 37

Conditions
  • H.P.: 104/104
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 365/366
    Harvester
  • 1:00/1:00 minute
  • +1 on initiative
  • +1 to dodge
  • +1 to strike
  • +2 to parry
  • Cannot be surprised by sneak attacks
  • Damages creatures vulnerable to magic
  • Fire, heat, electrical and all energy attacks, including magic, do half damage.
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 35/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield (Active)
  • 70/70 MDC
  • 3/4 Activations
    Stalker Suit
  • 12/12 MDC
    Cloak of Protection
  • 50/50 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • Impervious to Fire
    Ring of Invisibility (Inactive)
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 3/3 Activations
    Ring of Resist Fire (Inactive)
  • 0/2 hours
  • 3/3 Activations


Leading the pack behind John's trailblazing/scouting, Minerva enjoys the sounds of cutting through the forest on her silent Black Talon motorcycle. The smell of the trees, the sounds of the animals scattering away from the ATRV, the sun high in the sky. This is truly peaceful. As the trees clear and thin out, her focus is shifted. Another village? Hopefully better off than the last. She brings her motorcycle to a stop when she hears the weapons fire. Peace was never made to last. Assuming danger ahead based on what she's heard, Minerva bolsters herself for battle by activating the body field on her armor and activating Harvester (-1 ISP/minute) before dismounting her motorcycle. Following John's lead, she charges her way to the nearest target and begins slashing at them with Harvester. I'll show them no quarter, just like they have done to these villagers! She starts with the target closest to the NE corner of the building just below the rift. If they're occupied, she'll continue heading East with her selections until she finds someone who hasn't been matched with yet.

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 23

Action 1: Slash at nearest target with Harvester. Strike: 1d20+11 = 22 Damage: 6d6+6 = 31
Action 2: Slash at nearest target with Harvester. Strike: 1d20+11 = 15 Damage: 6d6+6 = 20
Action 3: Slash at nearest target with Harvester. Strike: 1d20+11 = 15 Damage: 6d6+6 = 29
Action 4: Slash at nearest target with Harvester. Strike: 1d20+11 = 19 Damage: 6d6+6 = 31
Action 5: Slash at nearest target with Harvester. Strike: 1d20+11 = 24 Damage: 6d6+6 = 36
Action 6: Slash at nearest target with Harvester. Strike: 1d20+11 = 13 Damage: 6d6+6 = 28

Parry: 1d20+7 = 261d20+7 = 201d20+7 = 221d20+7 = 101d20+7 = 81d20+7 = 14

CONTINGENCY: If Minerva's Integrated Psionic Force Field goes down, she will sacrifice an action to renew it.
CONTINGENCY: If Minerva runs out of IPFF charges, she will activate her Supernatural Transformation, becoming an MDC being.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby William Summers » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 33


Emerging from the cave with the pouch in hand, Will reaches his hand into it. He spends some time twirling the sphere in his left hand as the group makes its way down the river. When Will notices Vheld's interest in what he's found, he almost doesn't reveal it. He's a brother in magic. He'll... he'll give it back. Don't be paranoid, William. Will lets Vheld take a look at the item. "Any clue what it is? I feel like it belongs with me. Like, it wants to be with me for the duration. But I don't know what it is." He thinks back to his studies at Battle School to see if he can identify this obviously important item. (Lore: Magic - 1d100 = 93/65%) Eye's getting a little itchy. No reason for that. Will have to think on that later.

Will spends the time in the ATRV meditating, pondering the nature of this new item he's found and what this Nxla character could mean for the fate of the world (should be enough time to recover full PPE). His rest is interrupted when the vehicle comes to a stop and the Roughnecks begin to depart. He stands up, stretches and takes a look out to see what's going on. "Oh. Fighting time already? Is that a rift? Oh, this is going to be fun." Will secures his utility belt, strapping his two guns in and sliding his Draining Blade in to his backscabbard. "I'm going long, Wak." Getting on his wing board, Will pumps some PPE into it, starting it up (-3 PPE). In a high pitched voice, he says "Ni!", causing a shining magical armor to envelope his person (Invincible Armor, -15 PPE). Taking off from the ATRV, he flies to the far end of the battle field and takes on the target furthest west on the map. On the way to them and once fully in the ley line, he draws upon the magical energy of the rift (+10 PPE, useable this round only). He whispers "Pērkona streiks" and his hands start glowing with electrical energy (Lightning Arc, -15 PPE). He begins tossing bolt after bolt of lightning into his target, moving East, to the next target, if they fall. ”Move away from the villagers, lay down your weapons and we may spare your lives!”

Conditions
PPE: 155/178
Invincible Armor:
  • 200/200 MDC
  • 48/48 minutes
  • Complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc., and provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply
  • Regenerates damage at the rate of 1D6 M.D.C. per melee round
  • All energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor!
  • -15% to prowl, climb, swim or perform other physical skills
Lightning Arc:
  • Damage: 4d6+16 MD
  • 4/4 minutes
  • +4 to strike vs targets 200 feet or closer. +1 to strike vs all other targets.
Amulet of See The Invisible:
  • See The Invisible
8th Ring of Elder:
  • Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
  • Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
  • Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Initiative: 1d20+10 = 19
APM: 9 when using all magic blasts.

Actions 1-2: Fly over to target/cast Lightning Arc
Action 3: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 6 Damage: 4d6+16 = 32 MD
Action 4: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 10 Damage: 4d6+16 = 35 MD
Action 5: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 5 (FAIL) Damage: 4d6+16 = 34 MD
Action 6: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 24 (CRIT) Damage: 4d6+16 = 27x2=54 MD
Action 7: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 19 Damage: 4d6+16 = 31 MD
Action 8: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 19 Damage: 4d6+16 = 31 MD
Action 9: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 11 Damage: 4d6+16 = 28 MD

Contingency: If Will's Invincible Armor goes down, he will sacrifice actions to cast it again.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:10 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 24 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: 1d100 = 3

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary], Marauder PA

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 83
Weapons Systems [83%]: 1d100 = 14




The Psi-Tech's stomach knots momentarily as he takes in the scene and he wrestles with the dilemma, *What in the blazes do they want the villagers for? Labor? Some kind of Zombie army?* He drops a bit lower and moves North and activates his Forcefield with his radio live to issue orders to those who might need, "Seymour? Camera. Tony, ranged fire, assist Wakiza. Ray. Pop the Door but keep distance and evade.". He then opens fire with his Laser Cannon while trying to maintain a distant profile and fire using a couple heavy barrages to start, then stepping down a bit to quad-shots.

Lahz will sacrifice an action to Dodge anything that seems particularly ominous.

"Lahz"
APM [8 +1]: 9
Init [+2]: 1d20+2 = 4

1 ~~ Move ~120ft and activate Forcefield [160/160 MD]
2 ~~ Fire on designated Targets (Red, then Green, then White) 1d20+6 = 17, 5d6*10 = 150.
3 ~~ Fire on designated Targets (Red, then Green, then White) 1d20+6 = 23, (1d6*10)+30 = 40.
4 ~~ Fire on designated Targets (Red, then Green, then White) 1d20+6 = 12, (1d6*10)+30 = 70..
5 ~~ Fire on designated Targets (Red, then Green, then White) 1d20+6 = 21, (1d6*10)+30 = 70..
6 ~~ Fire on designated Targets (Red, then Green, then White) 1d20+6 = 20, (1d6*10)+30 = 60.
7 ~~ Fire on designated Targets (Red, then Green, then White) 1d20+6 = 17, (1d6*10)+30 = 80.].
8 ~~ Fire on designated Targets (Red, then Green, then White) 1d20+6 = 16, (1d6*10)+30 = 70.
9 ~~ Fire on designated Targets (Red, then Green, then White) 1d20+6 = 20, (1d6*10)+30 = 80.

Dodge [+8]: 1d20+8 = 10, 1d20+8 = 26, 1d20+8 = 9


20190627.AA2.jpg
Lahz's Firing Targets


"Tony"
APM [8 +1 (tentacles)]: 8+1
Init [+4]: 1d20+4 = 5, 1d20+2 = 4

1 ~~ Locate Wakiza and shadow.
2 ~~ Trilaser at whomever Wakiza is attacking, or anything that appears to be approaching him for an opportune strike 1d20+4 = 18 6d6 = 20
3 ~~ Trilaser at whomever Wakiza is attacking, or anything that appears to be approaching him for an opportune strike 1d20+4 = 6 6d6 = 26
4 ~~ Trilaser at whomever Wakiza is attacking, or anything that appears to be approaching him for an opportune strike 1d20+4 = 9 6d6 = 20
5 ~~ Trilaser at whomever Wakiza is attacking, or anything that appears to be approaching him for an opportune strike 1d20+4 = 20 6d6 = 23
6 ~~ Trilaser at whomever Wakiza is attacking, or anything that appears to be approaching him for an opportune strike 1d20+4 = 20 6d6 = 25
7 ~~ Trilaser at whomever Wakiza is attacking, or anything that appears to be approaching him for an opportune strike 1d20+4 = 13 6d6 = 18
8 ~~ Trilaser at whomever Wakiza is attacking, or anything that appears to be approaching him for an opportune strike 1d20+4 = 7 6d6 = 24
9 ~~ Electro-Tentacle anything that comes within Melee Range (10'), 1d20+11 = 12, Damage: 3d6 = 11 M.D. + Chance of Stunning Victim for 1d4 = 3 Melees (See Warlords of Russia Pg 126, victim drops to 2 APM, -70% Skill performance and speed, No Initiative, -8 all combat rolls)


"Ray"
Ray receives the orders from Lahz and taps the button to open the door on the ATV, gives it a few seconds of dodging any incoming fire, then moves South ~500ft (or some distance that seems safe).

APM: 9
Init [+4]: 1d20+4 = 15

Dodge [+13]: 1d20+13 = 22, 1d20+13 = 22, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 22, 1d20+13 = 32, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 22, 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 25
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 73 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 72

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak looks around, "Spirits here we go again, Roughnecks you know what to do. Watch your six Will. Pilot drop Jack where he wants." Wak jumps out the back with his wingboard, activates his armor's force field and flies into the air. Wak yells over the loudspeaker, "Drop your weapons and throw your hands up immediately or we wipe you out." He starts shooting at those armed targets near the back that no one has engaged with. Time to try out this new rifle, hope it works. He'll fire on one target till it goes down then move to the next. He stays a couple of hundred feet up to make anyone shooting at him look up, which should keep them distracted from ground attacks. If they throw down there weapons Wak will stop firing.

APM: 9 (with Rifle)
Init: 1d20+13 = 28

Attack 1: Fire rifle at a target further away. Strike: 1d20+8 = 12; Damage: 2d4*10 = 30
Attack 2: Fire rifle at a target further away. Strike: 1d20+8 = 13; Damage: 2d4*10 = 40
Attack 3: Fire rifle at a target further away. Strike: 1d20+8 = 22; Damage: 2d4*10 = 60
Attack 4: Fire rifle at a target further away. Strike: 1d20+8 = 13; Damage: 2d4*10 = 50
Attack 5: Fire rifle at a target further away. Strike: 1d20+8 = 27 CRIT; Damage: 2d4*10 = 50 x2= 100 MD
Attack 6: Fire rifle at a target further away. Strike: 1d20+8 = 12; Damage: 2d4*10 = 50
Attack 7: Fire rifle at a target further away. Strike: 1d20+8 = 24; Damage: 2d4*10 = 40
Attack 8: Fire rifle at a target further away. Strike: 1d20+8 = 18; Damage: 2d4*10 = 30
Attack 9: Fire rifle at a target further away. Strike: 1d20+8 = 11; Damage: 2d4*10 = 50

Focuses his auto dodge vs tech on the one he is firing on and the one nearest him without a foe.
1d20+11 = 21 1d20+11 = 31 1d20+11 = 28 1d20+11 = 15 1d20+11 = 25 1d20+11 = 19 1d20+11 = 16 1d20+11 = 20 1d20+11 = 27

Contigency: If his FF goes down he'll activate Storm Rider Armor with his suits PPE

FF: 75/75 MDC
Storm Rider Armor 120/120 MDC (Energy attacks do half damage.)
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Hannibal » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:51 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1801 - 1 minute has passed
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: unknown village, along the Ohio River

Order of Battle
John is blazing the trail afoot.
Minerva leading NE-ATRV on her MBT-300 Black Talon Motorcycle
NE-ATRV (2/18 tons so far)
  • Ray Robot is piloting the ATRV
  • Sil, Sshir, Slithn are in the cargo bay with Whisper's Mecha Knight PA
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
  • Mierin
Seymour is following in his Cargonaut
Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar are flying alongside the ATRV
Lahz is following ATRV in his Marauder PA
Tony the Tiger-Bot is shadowing Lahz

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation--Achievement Unlocked
  • Recruit help from Magestar--Achievement Unlocked
  • Recruit help from MercTown (Mercs; Another group that's in town even?)
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.

Posted Players
  • Seymour-Spook
  • Ronan-Spook
  • Whisper-Spook
  • Lahz-Spook
  • Minerva-Spook
  • Mierin-Spook
  • Vheld-Spook
  • John-Roughneck
  • William-Roughneck
  • Jack-Roughneck
  • Mercedes-Roughneck
  • Wakiza-Roughneck


A new hope for humanity? Or just dumb luck?
Hearing the order, Brokswa takes off like the demon out of hell that he is. Not waiting for anyone else, he blasts a skeletal figure (8) just to the corner of the building.

John yells out, "No more kidnapping today!" as he runs to the other side of the building where 6 more bad guys are waiting for him. He charges the Xombie in front of him and knocks it down.

Not wanting to miss the action, Wakiza quickly exits the ATRV, "Spirits here we go again, Roughnecks you know what to do. Watch your six, Will. Pilot, drop Jack where he wants." Wak takes up a firing position and yells out, "Drop your weapons and throw your hands up immediately or we wipe you out." and immediately fires his at his only clear target, but the shot's evaded by its movement. The crowds of villagers and their aggressors don't initially respond. It seems as though the Spooks and Roughnecks have caught the lot of them by surprise.

Minerva joins the team and makes her way to the closest target to get into position to strike with harvester.

Jack activates his force field.

Slithn scans the battlefield unsuccessfully for a potential prisoner. The demonic beast is a bit flummoxed as everything present looks like it fits the bill.

Seymour takes out his camera and prepares to film the action.

Will jumps out of the ATRV and says, "I'm going long, Wak." he charges his TW board, and flies into action looking for an ideal place from which to strike.

Ronan checks in with the team on the radio, "Deuce, going to do a quick sweep of the two buildings then meet you on the other side. I'll call if it gets hot in there. Anyone want to take my six?" He quickly runs up to the building directly in front of the group and looks inside the large window as there's no apparent door on the south-facing wall. He sees a large, empty multi-occupant bedroom reminiscent of a barracks room. It's then that he notices the rat-thing, Seymour, is directly on his six.

Arriving at the scene Vheld dives head first into action. ”Sil, Sshir remain here and protect the vehicle. Slithn, follow me but wait for my order to engage. I want you to take one prisoner. Brokswa--with me. Time to show these miscreants what you can do. Bel’Dar, prepare to do a strafing run while I see about protecting those villagers.” Vheld, Bel’Dar, and Brokswa each activate their invincible armor talismans. Vheld flies in on Bel' dar and casts energy fields on two crowds (7 & 8) adjacent the rift. He then casts a defensive spell for his own protection, then targets the two nearest skeletal warriors--both of whom appear to have simple, blunt melee weapons, and, activating his storm staff, zaps each of them with lightning.

Getting into action a bit later than the rest, Lahz calls over the radio, "Seymour--camera. Tony--ranged fire, assist Wakiza. Ray--pop the door, but keep distance and evade." Lahz moves into position as he activates his force field.

As the group exits the ATRV, Ray follows Lahz's orders and drives it a bit further west.

Some of the aggressors appear to be common folk like the villagers, but with vacant, soulless eyes, and open, drooling mouths. They're not armed, but they look no less dangerous for it as anyone who's ever faced a mindless drone would know.
Image
A few of the aggressors are humanoid men of a very distinct aesthetic theme. Everything about their persons is death-themed from the skulls and bones adorning their black attire to the ghoulish war paint on their faces and upon their brows.
Image
Some of the aggressors appear to be the animated skeletal remains of former warriors. Most carry a weapon of one sort or another, and each of them wears a crude buckler over one forearm. Most have a short sword-like bladed weapon in addition to their bucklers, but a couple have heavy blunt weapons, and a couple have some wicked-looking pole arms.
Image

Brokswa pours plasma bolts across the nearest skeletal warrior, and while it's certainly brutalized by the experience, it appears quite resilient.

As John runs between the two structures, he sees that inside each is a crowd of villagers attempting to brace the north-facing doors shut against the evil outside. Facing down two skeletal warrior and two zombies to keep them from gaining access, he wields his strength and his blade with equal measure. The powerful blows from his sword, however, seem to do no more than wreck the cheap armor worn by the warriors, and knock back the skeletal figures and drooling villager-drones around him.

Wakiza is irritated that the field is cluttered from his drop-off point with not a single clear shot in sight, so he takes off running to the north for a better firing position. Once in a position where he can fire without the high probability of hitting a teammate, he finds himself momentarily stunned by the sight of people totally stripped of their agency and acting as pawns of evil (H.F. check fail), he selects his targets from among the aggressors. The drooling drones might be able to be redeemed, so he looks instead for the necromancers and, finding them to be swiftly moving for cover, takes aim instead at the skeletal warriors. After landing numerous shots on the damnable undead, he quickly realizes that the particle beams have no discernible effect upon the fearless skeletal warriors, though their homespun armor is in ruins.

Minerva is undaunted by the appearance of the undead or their wicked pawn-movers, and dashes in courageously with Harvester in hand and begins to mete out punishment with the magic blade. In conjunction with the lightning rained from above, and the ruination of their armor from multiple sources, two of the skeletal warriors fall to inanimate bones strewn across the ground to her dazzling blade as she pursues one of the necromancers.

Jack leaps from the ATRV's open hatch to the top of the structure below. He is undaunted by the appearance of the undead or their wicked pawn-movers. He finds the idea of killing the soulless who could be redeemed and restored troubling, and they seem the least threat, so he pours forth plasma fire from his CP-30 rifle at the skeletal due north of the structure on which he's crouched. It's not as effective a weapon as he'd like, but he can tell that it's still battering the distant warriors, especially given all the other punishment they're receiving.

Slithn drifts to the north grumbling under its breath and glaring at those mortal and undead around it. Slithn shouts in Vheld's mind as it points at Will's back as he flies west. This one looks ripe...and it has such interesting trinkets! You pathetic weakling, do you not know what this ignorant being has in its possession!? Release me! I'll kill him, and trade you his trinkets for my release!

Seymour, despite his appearance and affect, is utterly fearless in the face of a horde of undead monstrosities. He's so bold as to entirely forsake even the thought of taking appropriate defensive measures! He simply follows stealthily behind Ronan, his camera ever-vigilant and documenting the shit-show which surrounds him.

William is undaunted by the appearance of the undead or their wicked pawn-movers, and flies from east to west smashing magic arcs of lightning down upon the aggressors on by one. A bit of wobble in his flight causes the one intended for a nercomancer to miss, but all others strike true and to great effect.

The trio of drooling and soulless-eyed villagers shamble and converge upon one of the crowds (7) of villagers.

Ronan proceeds west along the south face of the structure until he rounds the corner and spies a crowd of villagers within through a wesst-facing window. All are gathered in a mass at the door, bracing it to keep the zombies and skeletal warrior out. It's then that he sees John knock back a skeletal warrior, who stands in Ronan's way between himself and the north facing door. He closes in and engages the warrior in close combat, and while the skeleton parries and counterattacks like a sloppy, if trained, professional, Ronan's blows have no discernible effect.

Looking at the small building to his left Will sees a humanoid figure appear from the north side. The figure seems to be casting some sort of magic but Will can not tell what. In a moment the man's feet lift from the ground and he is floating. To the left he sees nets fly from behind the building. The nets fly with super efficiency and very quickly all six villagers in the crowd are trapped by individual nets.

To the left of Minerva and Jack, one of the death themed men pulls a rifle and quickly fires off 4 shots. Two fly toward Minerva and two toward Jack. Minerva is truck by both brutal blasts. The first finishing off her psionic body field and the second inflicting critical damage to her crystal armor. Jack is only stuck by one of the plasma blasts, the second flying wide to his right and over the building without touching him. Luckily his armor protects against the plasma and the damage is reduced. After the man finishes firing, Minerva and Jack can plainly see the man's feet lift from the ground as he begins to fly.

The skeletal warriors manage to strike John once with one of those wicked looking pole arms, Ronan's armor takes one lucky slash from a vibro-sabre, Minerva's struck no less than five times, Wak's force field is struck with a simple mace & once again with a pole arm of some sort, and Lahz's power armor's force field is truck a handful of times by a warrior with a mace.

Lahz finds himself momentarily paralyzed with fear at the sight of the multitude of animated, soulless horrors on the field (H.F. check fail). Once he swallows his fear and opens up with his custom-built laser cannon, he feels much better. Huge volumes of coherent light beams stab out across the baked open meadow, instantly sending up a cloud of ionized particles in the air and creating a heady aroma of ozone which anyone not in an environmental suit could likely smell from a hundred yards away. His hands shake slightly after multiple bursts and he sees the three nearby skeletal warriors seem entirely unphased, save that the homespun armor each is wearing is in tatters.

Tony pours laser fire downrange at targets as Wakiza picks them out, but to no discernible effect beyond punishing the scraps of armor worn by the skeletal warriors.

Skill Checks
Seymour


Ronan
Detect Ambush [54%]: 1d100 = 2 (Crit?) (Determine if being ambushed or snuck up on while inside or approaching the building) – You get no sense of being snuck up on.
Prowl [54%]: 1d100 = 39 (Sneak inside the building)- You feel pretty stealthy
Intelligence [54%]: 1d100 = 87 (Processing new stuff) - Your mind is blown at the sites you see which makes processing things very difficult
Military Etiquette [69%]: 1d100 = 12 (Coordinate with team) – You get a sense you are doing it right, you just don’t see the same military type of execution from your counterparts

Seymour
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 63 - You are neither charming nor impressive.
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 88 - Definitely not intimidating in the current environment
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 91- beyond sulfur and smoke it is near impossible to smell anything
Surveillance -- 44% /1d100 = 40 - find right spot for camera use - you heft the camera to the perfect spot on your shoulder
Radio: Basic -- 57% / 1d100 = 51 - talk to group - you operate the radio well enough
Prowl 72% /1d100 = 29 - sneak around - You feel very stealthy in your actions
Identify scents: 62% / 1d100 = 49 - find scent - you can smell sulfur and smoke
Track by scent: 58% / 1d100 = 74 - follow into cave - There is no cave, you are unable to smell anything above the smoke an sulfur
Tv/Video -- 37% 1d100 = 79 - use camera - You believe you have turned it on and are filming
Intelligence 32% 1d100 = 97 - to fiqure out good camera angles - You believe you are capturing everything perfectly


Map Reveal (open in a new tab)
Map Note: dead enemies have a skull & crossbones icon on their token; energy field represented by a transparent bubble
Schedule Note: The next GM post will be posted by Tuesday, July 16th by midnight.
GM NOTES: Too many moving pieces for blow-by-blow, so we went with narrative style post. John, Wak--PM me the math for your initiative bonuses, please. Changing forms, reloading (most) weapons, doing a 180 turn-around, dis/mounting, and lots of other physical acts--each costs an action. Be mindful of such & account for them in your listed actions (when in doubt, IM either of us). Skills that are purely mental/observational do not cost actions.


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/ISP/PPE spent

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -30 M.D.C. to armor, -40 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots,
John Altfeld: -17 M.D.
Lahz: Marauder LPC: 240 shots/-28 shots
  • Tony:
Mercedes:
Mierin:
Minerva: -30 M.D.C. to crystal armor, -2 I.S.P., body field refreshed
Ronan: -15 M.D.C. to armor
Seymour:
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; -38 M.D.C. from FF
Vheld: -65 P.P.E.; -1 charge to invincible armor talisman
  • Minions: -1 charge each to minion invincible armor talismans
Whisper:
William Summers: -38 P.P.E.
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:11 am

JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 79
PER: 1d100 = 87 vs. 76%
Conditions
  • At a ley line (x2 range, duration, damage of spells/magic effects and +50% range/duration of psychic powers, all factored in below; can draw 10 PPE or 1d6+1 ISP per round).
  • Energy fields have 120 MDC and a duration of 80 minutes after ley line boost.
  • Invincible armor from talismans has 220 MDC, 53.75/54m remaining, regenerates 1d6 MDC/melee, takes half damage from all magical or mundane energy attacks, is fully environmental, and conveys -15% to physical skills.
  • Storm staff remains active for 19 melee rounds, can fire four lightning bolts per melee.
  • Targeted deflection, 20 melees remaining, see auto-parries.
  • Throwing stones, 4 melees remaining, can create/throw one stone per action, 2d6+8 MD, +6 to strike
Lore: Magic- 1d100 = 64 vs. 94% (-15% for unknown or alien items)
To try and identify Will’s artifact
Lore: Demon and Monster- 1d100 = 92 vs. 99%
Lore: Faeries and Creatures of Magic- 1d100 = 2 vs. 94%
Lore: Psychics and Psionics- 1d100 = 5 vs. 94%
All to try and identify their foes, in particular the bone fiends and the nature of their resistance to some of the attacks leveled against them.

William Summers wrote:"Any clue what it is? I feel like it belongs with me. Like, it wants to be with me for the duration. But I don't know what it is."
Prior to the battle, Vheld will examine the artifact but with a certain reluctance, given the compulsion Will describes. If he doesn’t recognize the item or any of its properties, the shifter will shake his head and hand it back. ”I don’t recognize it. But from that feeling you describe, it’s either destiny at work or some kind of curse brewing. Either way, tread carefully.”

Later, Vheld acknowledges Ronan’s signal as he begins his attack run, but otherwise stays off the comms. He needs to concentrate. Having completed his first pass, Vheld takes stock of the battlefield.
Slithn wrote:This one looks ripe...and it has such interesting trinkets! You pathetic weakling, do you not know what this ignorant being has in its possession!? Release me! I'll kill him, and trade you his trinkets for my release!
I will let you know if I decide to take it from him. Now focus on the task at hand. If you require an outlet for your frustrations, I suggest one of the necromancers over there. Vheld mentally directs Slithn to Harvester 1 and/or 3; satisfied that this order will be obeyed and that the rest of his minions can direct themselves easily enough, Vheld draws a few basic conclusions about the nature of their foes. Could be related to Nxla. Could be just a random predator. Either way, from the lurching we are dealing with some sort of undead. Logic dictates that disrupting the necromancers’ control of their horde will end this engagement the fastest. And so, Vheld sets out to do just that. With a few murmured words to Bel’Dar, he directs his mount on another strafing run and prepares a few more spells.
Vheld
Initiative: 1d20 = 13
APM: 7

Action 1: Fire a lightning bolt at the nearest target of opportunity while Bel’Dar flies overhead; 1d20+3 = 23 to strike, 12d6 = 38 MD
Actions 2-3: Cast barrage (-15 PPE) on harvester 2 (13 blasts * 4 MD/blast = 52 MD plus penalties; 1d20+3 = 21 to strike if applicable.
Actions 4-5: Cast barrage (-15 PPE) on harvester 2 (13 blasts * 4 MD/blast = 52 MD plus penalties; 1d20+3 = 18 to strike if applicable.
Action 6-7: Cast barrage (-15 PPE) on harvester 2 (13 blasts * 4 MD/blast = 52 MD plus penalties; 1d20+3 = 18 to strike if applicable.

Auto-parries (energy attacks only); with targeted deflection active, rolls above 13 will return to strike the attacker: 1d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 19, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 18, 1d20+9 = 29
Contingency 1: Replace listed actions as needed with additional castings of energy field over any other groups of villagers that get too close to the rift (as close as crowds 7 or 8).
Contingency 2: Vheld will re-activate his invincible armor talisman if the first spell is depleted.
Sil
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 58
APM: 5

Sil will remain where she is, crouching defensively and keeping an eye (and nose) out for any trouble. She will dodge any attacks that come her way, and should she feel the least bit threatened she will shift to her phantom form.

Actions 1-5: Reserved for dodges/shifts to phantom form.

Auto-dodges (please add +6): 5d20:
20, 7, 18, 15, 13
Sshir
Initiative: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 74
APM: 6

Pursuant to his orders, Sshir will remain where he is save for moving a little closer to Sil. He won’t engage much in the fighting, but does take opportunities that present themselves to provide long-range spell support. He will also draw what energies he can from the ley line to keep his reserves up.

Action 1: Cast sheet of ice (BoM P. 85) on the ground centered roughly around Bone Fiend 3 (with range boost it should encompass fiends 2-4, 6, 12, and maybe 1; -15 PPE).
Action 2: Draw PPE from the ley line ((+10 PPE)).
Actions 3-4: Reserved for dodges; 1d20+4 = 9, 1d20+4 = 11

Contingency: If any enemy forces get too close to Sil or the ARTV, Sshir will cast wall of ice between the enemy and the vehicle ((-20 PPE)).
Bel’Dar
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 26
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 19
APM: 6

Following Vheld’s instructions, Bel’Dar takes flight for the central structure (containing crowd #5)- when he arrives there he will remain flying above the building unless attacked (in which case he will take evasive maneuvers), or if Vheld needs to maintain line-of-sight on any of the three necromancers. While Bel’Dar’s top priority will be defense and evasion, he will cast throwing stones upon himself and hurl magical rocks at any targets of opportunity that present themselves (primarily lesser minions that get too close).

Action 1: Cast throwing stones on self (-4 PPE)
Action 2: Throw a stone; 1d20+6 = 9 to strike, 2d6+8 = 13 MD.
Action 3: Throw a stone; 1d20+6 = 9 to strike, 2d6+8 = 15 MD.
Action 4: Throw a stone; 1d20+6 = 10 to strike, 2d6+8 = 11 MD.
Action 5: Throw a stone; 1d20+6 = 17 to strike, 2d6+8 = 12 MD.
Action 6: Throw a stone; 1d20+6 = 24 to strike, 2d6+8 = 11 MD.


Contingency 1: Reactivate invincible armor if it is depleted.
Contingency 2: If Bel’Dar has a free action it will draw 10 PPE from the ley line to replenish the casting cost of throwing stones.

Auto-dodges (please add +8): 6d20:
9, 19, 17, 14, 4, 1
Brokswa
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 13
APM: 5

Brokswa grins as the warrior before him withstands his assault. So much the better. Been too long without some action. Hefting his enchanted hammer Al Bolga, he leaves his closest opponent to Lahz and charges towards the group of three at the ley line behind them. Flying so fast that he seems but a blur, Brokswa will proceed to smash all three bone fiends into jelly, one by one.

Action 1: Hammer strike. 1d20+6 = 25 to strike, 2d12 = 17 + 4d6 = 15 = 32 MD
Action 2: Hammer strike. 1d20+6 = 17 to strike, 2d12 = 12 + 4d6 = 14 = 26 MD
Action 3: Hammer strike. 1d20+6 = 11 to strike, 2d12 = 13 + 4d6 = 13 = 26 MD
Action 4: Hammer strike. 1d20+6 = 24 to strike, 2d12 = 15 + 4d6 = 16 = 31 MD
Action 5: Hammer strike. 1d20+6 = 18 to strike, 2d12 = 13 + 4d6 = 16 = 29 MD


Contingency: Brokswa will re-activate his invincible armor talisman if the first spell is depleted.
Slithn
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 59
APM: 4

Hissing her frustration with her ‘master’, Slithn does as ordered and flies towards the central building (same as Vheld/Bel’dar). Once she is in range (240 ft) and has sighted the two necromancers Vheld pointed her towards (Harvesters 1 and 3) she will use bio-manipulation to attack them. She will otherwise not engage in combat unless explicitly ordered to do so.

Action 1- Draw 1d6+1 = 4 ISP from the ley line
Action 2- Use bio-manipulation: pain on Harvester 1 ((-10 ISP))
Action 3- Use bio-manipulation: pain on Harvester 3 ((-10 ISP))
Action 4- Reserved for dodge/movement
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:50 am

JiC: 1d100 = 81 / 1d20 = 13
Perception [19%]: 1d100 = 78
Recognize Weapon Quality [39%]: 1d100 = 18 (Assess Quality of Skeletal Warriors Weapon)
Intelligence [54%]: 1d100 = 54(Assess weight of and possible distance he can throw the skeleton.)


When Ronan's powerful punches leave no discernible effect on the skeletal warrior, the space warrior mentally slaps himself. This might be what they meant by needing special weapons, let's block try something else! [Intelligence] He thinks with a frown and will attempt to grapple the Skeletal warrior's weapon hand and will relatively ignore it if it strikes him with its other arms as he strikes at the skeletal warriors head with the hammer. He will try to save the weapon from being flung. "Easiest way to kill skeletons?" He comments over the radio.

He'll check the weapon quality to see if it might be something worth grabbing [Weapons Quality] and if so, add "I don't think you'll need this."

If the Skeletal Warrior's head survives, he will keep bashing it's head while maintaining the grapple until it falls and will grab its weapon and wield them both, continuing to head towards the buildings to get to the civilians and make sure they are safe inside.

To John, he'll add "Yeah, thanks. First time with Skeletons and I gotta say, not a fan."

Damn, I may need to get my hands wet with this. Ronan thinks jokingly to himself and will extend his senses to try and determine if there is a reasonable source of water within 1,000ft of him (or underground) that he can control. [Actively using Control Water Super Ability to determine this; free]

Combat
Note to GM: Disregard P.S. DMG bonuses included in rolls for heavy punch and strikes.

APM: 5 (Parried Weapons APM: 10)
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 13
(NOT Auto-)Parries: [One hand free] 1d20+8 = 14 | 1d20+8 = 20 | 1d20+8 = 10 | 1d20+8 = 26 | 1d20+8 = 23 (One parry is extra, don't count)

A1: Grapple Skeletal Warriors Weapon Arm. Strike towards Head WITH Big Bore Hammer: 1d20+5 = 24 DMG: 1d6*10 = 10 | Grapple Weapon Wrist: 1d20+5 = 15
A2: Forcibly remove weapon from skeleton's hand (not focused on catching weapon). Strike: 1d20+5 = 19 | DMG: (1d6*10)+37 = 97
A3: Attempt to disarm: 1d20+1 = 8 ||
A4: Strike with hammer again. Strike: 1d20+5 = 18 DMG: 1d6*10 = 10
A5: Recover the weapon and radio. [Recognize Weapon Quality]

Contingency: If the hammer has no effect, he will instead attempt to disarm focus on recovery of the weapon to use against it. (the Vibrosabre)

A1: Grapple Skeletal Warriors Neck and Weapon Arm. Neck: 1d20+5 = 16 | Weapon Wrist: 1d20+5 = 8
A2-3: Maintain grip on weapon hand, release neck, and disarm weapon hand. 1d20+1 = 18. (If Unsuccessful, maintain grapple on wrist and attempt to break skeletal arm (and armor, if applicable) with heavy attack. Strike: 1d20+5 = 8 | DMG: (2d6*10)+37 = 107
A4: Recover the weapon [Recognize Weapon Quality]. Body check skeleton to move it back. Strike: 1d20+5 = 7 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 30
A5: Cut Skeleton with its weapon. Strike: 1d20+5 = 18 (+2 if sword) | DMG: 2d6+37 = 42
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:32 am

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 65
JIC d20: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 56
INIT: 1d20+2 = 6

Jack sees a huge evil army in front of him he knows it is now the time to bring in the big guns. He brings up his power of See Aura. He wants to make sure that he won’t hurt any of his group. He sees a group of bone demons advancing in a line. To his left and far from people he sees what looks like someone in charge hovering above the ground. He decides this is his first. (Harvester 1 and Bone Fiend 6)

See Aura ISP 6 , range 90 Fee about 1 min


Jack calls out on the radio, “Volcano is bringing the Heat! don’t get to close to the fire.”
The Heat rises inside, He gains control not letting it cover him. He tries to calculate where to put his flames. He doesn’t want to touch the building but wants to cover two targets, if possible. One second the figure is surveying his troop then next he is covered in a large area of fire.

ley line
OOC Comments
: The influence of ley line energy: The duration and range of the Burster's pyrokinetic and other psychic powers are increased by 50% whenever on or near (within one mile/1.6 km) a ley line. The duration, range, and damage of his powers are doubled when at or near (one mile/l.6 km) a ley line nexus point!


When you're Hot you're Hot. When you're not, you're Toast!
Action One:
See Aura and looking at the field.

Action Two:
Fire Eruption 6d6 M.D 20 ISP, Range: 220 feet, Duration 10 Mins, Area 50 square feet(15 min, 75 feet, about 8.6 x 8.6)
Bonus Strike: 72% 1d100 = 43
Damage:6d6 = 27 Bonus: then if any take double damage 54

Action Three: the next second!
Super Fuel 8 ISP x10 Increasing Damage, size 750 (About 27 x 27) Damage: 270 / 540 MD for double Damage
)

(Damage: Increased proportional to the size of the fire; G.M. discretion. I.S.P. Cost: 8.)
Post note : Jack has his flame going away from the building.
Last edited by Jack Killian on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 5 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 22

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak looks in anguish over what has been done to these poor people. Damn, you'd think I'd be use to this by now. Those poor bastards. It pulls him back to the helpless feeling that filled him with dread during the war. He shakes it off before he goes to far down that dark path and moves on. Wak looks annoyed as the skeletons seem unfazed by his rifle, but he has seen this before, and says over the radio, "Normal weapon fire may not work well on these critters. Switch to magic or psi if you can. John try to grab at least one of those bastard mages. Spirits Jack, that was hot!" Wak drops the rifle, pulls Derilian, and and activates a Psi sword.

APM: 8
Init: 1d20+11 = 14 removed two as it doesn't look like anyone actually has modern weapons.

Attack 1 & 2: Drops rifle draws Derilian and activates a psi sword. Damage is from Psi Sword, Derilian is use for parrying.
Attack 2: Attack the nearest skeleton. Strike: 1d20+16 = 26; Damage: 8d6+4 = 23
Attack 3: Attack the nearest skeleton. Strike: 1d20+16 = 22; Damage: 8d6+4 = 34
Attack 4: Attack the nearest skeleton. Strike: 1d20+16 = 26; Damage: 8d6+4 = 21
Attack 5: Attack the nearest skeleton. Strike: 1d20+16 = 24; Damage: 8d6+4 = 33
Attack 6: Attack the nearest skeleton. Strike: 1d20+16 = 21; Damage: 8d6+4 = 28
Attack 7: Attack the nearest skeleton. Strike: 1d20+16 = 36 CRIT; Damage: 8d6+4 = 26 x2= 52 MD
Attack 8: Attack the nearest skeleton. Strike: 1d20+16 = 28; Damage: 8d6+4 = 37

Focuses his auto dodge vs tech on anyone that has a modern weapon.
1d20+11 = 15 1d20+11 = 27 1d20+11 = 14 1d20+11 = 25 1d20+11 = 30 1d20+11 = 27 1d20+11 = 19 1d20+11 = 18

Parry:
1d20+24 = 44 1d20+24 = 32 1d20+24 = 25 1d20+24 = 38 1d20+24 = 43 1d20+24 = 37 1d20+24 = 33 1d20+24 = 44

Contigency: If his FF goes down he'll sacrifice an action to activate Storm Rider Armor with his suits PPE

FF: 37/75 MDC
Storm Rider Armor 120/120 MDC (Energy attacks do half damage.)
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:51 am

Jack replies to Wak, "Yea it's a giant bug zapper. Just toss them in and watch them Fitzzs!"
Last edited by Jack Killian on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:44 am

Perception: 1d100 = 21 / 70%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 13

Great, now I'm going to have to blow my Flint cover. Hopefully the Spooks aren't looking or I can get them to not blab it around MercTown. It'll be a lot harder to go down air vents and kill Coalition if everyone knows that there's only one of me.


What even are these people?
Lore: Demons & Monsters (trying to ID the Xombies): 1d100 = 48 / 81%
Lore: Magic (trying to ID the Xombies): 1d100 = 71 / 76%

Glancing at Ronan, he sees he's having issues with the skeleton. "Hey Space Beef. That giant silver hammer you're toting will take the skeletons down."


So Much Combat
Initiative/First 2 Actions
1d20+13 = 32
Action 1: Turn to Pebbles/suck equipment inside my body.
Action 2: Grow to Maximum Size - flail around and roar.

If Harvester 3 is Not Flying Above 200 Feetish
Actions 3/4: John charges to Harvester 3/does Landslide Attack - Strike: 1d20+10 = 12
Action 5: If Harvester 3 is not pinned inside John, try to grapple Harvester 3 the normal way - Strike 1d20+10 = 14 / If Havester 3 is pinned inside John, move back to Bone Fiend 10 and attack with Silver Ripper Sword - Strike: 1d20+13 = 25 / Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 92
Action 6: If Harvester 3 is free, try to grapple Harvester 3 the normal way - Strike 1d20+10 = 15 / If Harvester 3 is grappled, John says - "No hands, no casting!" crush hands - Strike 1d20+10 = 13 / If Harvester 3 is pinned inside John, move to nearest standing Bone Fiend and attack with Silver Ripper Sword Strike: 1d20+13 = 33 / Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 112
Action 7: If Harvester 3 is free, try to grapple Harvester 3 the normal way - Strike 1d20+10 = 28 / If Harvester 3 is grappled, crush hands - Strike 1d20+10 = 25 / If Harvester 3 is pinned inside John, move to nearest standing Bone Fiend and attack with Silver Ripper Sword Strike: 1d20+13 = 26 / Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 142
Action 8: If Harvester 3 is free, try to grapple Harvester 3 the normal way - Strike 1d20+10 = 30 / If Harvester 3 is grappled, crush hands - Strike 1d20+10 = 11 / If Harvester 3 is pinned inside John, move to nearest standing Bone Fiend and attack with Silver Ripper Sword Strike: 1d20+13 = 16 / Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 102
Action 9: If Harvester 3 is free, try to grapple Harvester 3 the normal way - Strike 1d20+10 = 15 / If Harvester 3 is grappled, crush hands - Strike 1d20+10 = 24 / If Harvester 3 is pinned inside John, move to nearest standing Bone Fiend and attack with Silver Ripper Sword Strike: 1d20+13 = 25 / Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 102

The goal track is: Pin or grapple Harvester, make sure Harvester can't cast (accomplished if Pinned, otherwise crush hands), Kill Bone Fiend 10, Kill Bone Fiend 9. Then move on to Xombies and Landslide Attack them one by one until they're safely Pinned.

Landslide attacks take 2 actions each, so if John is going after Xombies, he'll lose some actions off of the end. The "grapple" Strikes have the same bonus as Landslide Attack.

If Harvester 3 is out of reach, but Harvester 1 is in reach, go after Harvester 1 instead. If all Harvesters are out of reach, start on Bone Fiend killing.

Parries: 1d20+16 = 27, 1d20+16 = 31, 1d20+16 = 28, 1d20+16 = 18, 1d20+16 = 22, 1d20+16 = 28, 1d20+16 = 34, 1d20+16 = 34, 1d20+16 = 19, 1d20+16 = 29, 1d20+16 = 22, 1d20+16 = 28, 1d20+16 = 22

Auto-Dodges: 1d20+1 = 19, 1d20+1 = 16, 1d20+1 = 4, 1d20+1 = 15, 1d20+1 = 3, 1d20+1 = 19

Saves (+12 vs. Magic, +6 vs. Psionics): 1d20 = 19, 1d20 = 18, 1d20 = 12, 1d20 = 1, 1d20 = 18, 1d20 = 19, 1d20 = 1, 1d20 = 18
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:00 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 63 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 18
JiC D100: 1d100 = 79
Save vs HF: 1d20+5 = 8

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary], Marauder PA

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 67
Weapons Systems [83%]: 1d100 = 55




Lahz glances down at the little skeleton-man-thing in front of him with borderline contempt, and shoots the thing without further hesitation, *Wak's calling out orders and doing ok, Tony can come back my way.*

"Tony! Back on Me."

Taking 3-4 steps back the Lahz casts his gaze around the field for a moment before he chooses a few targets to open fire while Tony deals with the rattling bones in the immediate local area. He puts 2 heavy barrages into a couple flying targets, then shifts to quad-shots for a few rounds before stowing the Cannon in its shoulder clamps and grabbing a 50lb-Silver-plated Mace off his hip, *No point in burning through too much of the Cannon's ammo. Who knows when that damn Dragon pop up again.*

"I miss Vinograd. It was nice having our own damn Dragon!"

Lahz will sacrifice an action to Dodge anything that seems particularly ominous, or Parry once he gets his Mace into play.

"Lahz"
APM [8 +1]: 9
Init [+2]: 1d20+2 = 8

1 ~~ Fire on designated Targets [Triangles: White, then Orange, then Pink] 1d20+6 = 14, 5d6*10 = 150.
2 ~~ Fire on designated Targets [Triangles: White, then Orange, then Pink] 1d20+6 = 15, 5d6*10 = 200.
3 ~~ Fire on designated Targets [Triangles: White, then Orange, then Pink] 1d20+6 = 20, (1d6*10)+30 = 60.
4 ~~ Fire on designated Targets [Triangles: White, then Orange, then Pink] 1d20+6 = 25, (1d6*10)+30 = 90*2=180.
5 ~~ Fire on designated Targets [Triangles: White, then Orange, then Pink] 1d20+6 = 19, (1d6*10)+30 = 80.
6 ~~ Fire on designated Targets [Triangles: White, then Orange, then Pink] 1d20+6 = 7, (1d6*10)+30 = 40.
7 ~~ Step back and strap Cannon
8 ~~ Pull out Electro-Mace
9 ~~ Strike with Mace at closest on-foot opponent 1d20+11 = 19, 4d6 = 10.

Parry [+11]: 1d20+11 = 29, 1d20+11 = 20, 1d20+11 = 13
Dodge [+8]: 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 24


Tony draws his 5ft Ripper-vibro-blade and swings it in a glittering silver Arc at the local enemies (beginning with Orange Oval), parrying with the fluid grace of a true feline. He will also move to parry any attacks coming in or towards Lahz using his sword.

"Tony"
APM [8 +1 (tentacles)]: 8+1
Init [+4]: 1d20+4 = 9

1 ~~ Pull out Sword and move and to stand by Lahz
2 ~~ Strike with Sword 1d20+13 = 20, 5d6 = 24 MD
3 ~~ Strike with Sword 1d20+13 = 14, 5d6 = 19 MD
4 ~~ Strike with Sword 1d20+13 = 33, 5d6 = 21*2=42 MD
5 ~~ Strike with Sword 1d20+13 = 31, 5d6 = 13*2=26 MD
6 ~~ Strike with Sword 1d20+13 = 16, 5d6 = 17 MD
7 ~~ Strike with Sword 1d20+13 = 30, 5d6 = 21 MD
8 ~~ Strike with Sword 1d20+13 = 21, 5d6 = 29 MD
9 ~~ Electro-Tentacle a local that comes within Melee Range (10'), 1d20+11 = 13, Damage: 3d6 = 13 M.D. + Chance of Stunning Victim for 1d4 = 1 Melees (See Warlords of Russia Pg 126, victim drops to 2 APM, -70% Skill performance and speed, No Initiative, -8 all combat rolls).

Parry [+14]: 1d20+14 = 18, 1d20+14 = 26, 1d20+14 = 29, 1d20+14 = 29, 1d20+14 = 24, 1d20+14 = 26, 1d20+14 = 30, 1d20+14 = 27, 1d20+14 = 32, 1d20+14 = 20, 1d20+14 = 20


"Ray"
Ray continues driving defensively dodging as needed.

APM: 9
Init [+4]: 1d20+4 = 13

Dodge [+13]: 1d20+13 = 28, 1d20+13 = 24, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 31, 1d20+13 = 17, 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 20


07.09.19.LahzR2.jpg
Last edited by Lahz on Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:29 am

JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 52
Init: 1d20 = 9
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 91
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 9
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 13


Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 65

Skills
Surveillance -- 44% /1d100 = 44 - rig mini cam
Radio: Basic -- 57% / 1d100 = 66 - use radio
Prowl 72% /1d100 = 66 - get sneaky
Identify scents: 62% / 1d100 = 5 - are these people “people”
Tv/Video -- 37% 1d100 = 33 - film the mayhem
Intelligence 32% 1d100 = 67 - copy Ronan
Charm/Impress: 5% /1d100 = 50 - schmooze
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% /1d100 = 55 - schmooze
Climb 85% /1d100 = 1-enterbuilding



Post -
Seymour will follow Ronan like a shadow, until Ronan decides to get physical with a walking corpse. Looking through the camera, ”Seems like soldier boy has this well in hand.” He peeks in the window he is near. ”Fuck!! Those are regular people.” He looks back to Ronan. ”Still busy.” Then Seymour does the unthinkable. ”YOU KICK THAT BONE RACK’S ASS WHILE I SAVE THE PEOPLE.” He climbs in the window, using his tail to carry to camera, as he enters. [[Prowl , Climb]]

He quietly lowers himself into the room, drawing his derringer as he does. After leaving the camera on the sil, still on record, he using his natural agility to move to the wall across from him. From there, he leans out and peeks back towards the door. Seeing nothing, he turns back to the crowd at the door. Crouching low, with his back to the wall. Clearing his throat Seymour says ”Excuse me please? !Hola. My name is Seymour. If you mind coming this way, it is clear. My team is kicking the bad guys asses.” He will use his tail to point to the front door. ’I will stay here and cover your butts.” [Charm / Trust]

Using his radio ”Seymour here. I am with a group of people (group 5) that were trapped in a house. I am guiding them out the front door to my Rig. Is there anyone who can play guard?”

APM [4]:
Init [+4]: 1d20+4 = 15

All actions reserved for dodge

Dodge [+6]: 1d20+6 = 7, 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 16 1d20+6 = 9,
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby William Summers » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 2

Conditions
PPE: 165/178
Invincible Armor:
  • 200/200 MDC
  • 95:45/96 minutes
  • Complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc., and provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply
  • Regenerates damage at the rate of 1D6 M.D.C. per melee round
  • All energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor!
  • -15% to prowl, climb, swim or perform other physical skills
Lightning Arc:
  • Damage: 8d6+32 MD
  • 7:45/8 minutes
  • +4 to strike vs targets 400 feet or closer. +1 to strike vs all other targets.
Amulet of See The Invisible:
  • See The Invisible
8th Ring of Elder:
  • Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
  • Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
  • Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.
At Ley Line:
  • Doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells.
  • The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds.
  • Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.


With the wild magic of the ley line splashing around his body, Will absorbs more magical energy (+10 PPE) and feels his magic grow in intensity. High above the fracas, he takes in what he sees in front of him and says into his radio. ”Necromancers. Disgusting magic. Take them down first and the rest will fall. Strike true my friends!” Will flies to intercept Harvester 1 and riddle him full of magic lightning. If he takes down Harvester 1, he will target Harvester 3 and then Harvester 2. He makes sure to stay positioned in the ley line.

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 22
APM: 9 when using all magic blasts.

Action 1: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 17 Damage: 8d6+32 = 55 MD
Action 2: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 22 (CRIT) Damage: 8d6+32 = 60 x2= 120 MD
Action 3: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 12 Damage: 8d6+32 = 53 MD
Action 4: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 20 Damage: 8d6+32 = 57 MD
Action 5: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 23 (CRIT) Damage: 8d6+32 = 59 x2= 118 MD
Action 6: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 6 Damage: 8d6+32 = 60 MD
Action 7: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 8 Damage: 8d6+32 = 57 MD
Action 8: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 13 Damage: 8d6+32 = 56 MD
Action 9: Reserved for Dodge.

Dodge: 1d20+7 = 21
Contingency: If Will's Invincible Armor goes down, he will sacrifice actions to cast it again.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Minerva » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 7/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 6

Conditions
  • H.P.: 104/104
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 364/366
    Harvester
  • Damage: 5d6+6 MD (Doubled at Ley Line for 10D6+12)
  • :45/1:00 minute
  • +1 on initiative
  • +1 to dodge
  • +1 to strike
  • +2 to parry
  • Cannot be surprised by sneak attacks
  • Damages creatures vulnerable to magic
  • Fire, heat, electrical and all energy attacks, including magic, do half damage.
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 5/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield (Active)
  • 70/70 MDC
  • 2/4 Activations
    Stalker Suit
  • 12/12 MDC
    Cloak of Protection
  • 50/50 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • Impervious to Fire
    Ring of Invisibility (Inactive)
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 3/3 Activations
    Ring of Resist Fire (Inactive)
  • 0/2 hours
  • 3/3 Activations


The plasma blasts destroying her protection and blasting her armor are a wake up call to Minerva about what they've found. Destructores de la vida. Corruptores de la muerte. ¡Los enviaré a la otra vida que han negado a estos esclavos! Minerva renews her armor and takes to the sky to take down the one who blasted her earlier. She calls out over the radio, "Diamond to Spooknecks. Do not let the flyers overwhelm. Moving to engage." With Harvester (the weapon) in hand, she flies alongside the Harvester (enemy), slashing through his defenses as quickly as her superhuman limbs will allow her. If she dispatches him, she will move on to the nearest Bone Fiend, leaving the Xombies alone and keeping her distance.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 6
APM: 6

Action 1: Telekinetic Flight/Close w/ Harvester.
Action 2: Slash Harvester 2. Strike: 1d20+11 = 21. Damage: 10d6+12 = 57
Action 3: Slash Harvester 2. Strike: 1d20+11 = 25. Damage: 10d6+12 = 44
Action 4: Slash Harvester 2. Strike: 1d20+11 = 16. Damage: 10d6+12 = 40
Action 5: Slash Harvester 2. Strike: 1d20+11 = 29. Damage: 10d6+12 = 57
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge.

Dodge: 1d20+6 = 21
Parry: 1d20+7 = 161d20+7 = 261d20+7 = 111d20+7 = 261d20+7 = 121d20+7 = 25


CONTINGENCY: If Minerva's Integrated Psionic Force Field goes down, she will sacrifice an action to renew it.
CONTINGENCY: If Minerva runs out of IPFF charges, she will activate her Supernatural Transformation, becoming an MDC being.



Translations
Destructores de la vida. Corruptores de la muerte. Los enviaré a la otra vida que han negado a estos esclavos! =Destroyers of life. Corrupters of death. I will send them to the afterlife they have denied these slaves!
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Hannibal » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:58 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1801 - 1 melee has passed
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: unknown village, along the Ohio River

Order of Battle
John is blazing the trail afoot.
Minerva leading NE-ATRV on her MBT-300 Black Talon Motorcycle
NE-ATRV (2/18 tons so far)
  • Ray Robot is piloting the ATRV
  • Sil, Sshir, Slithn are in the cargo bay with Whisper's Mecha Knight PA
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
  • Mierin
Seymour is following in his Cargonaut
Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar are flying alongside the ATRV
Lahz is following ATRV in his Marauder PA
Tony the Tiger-Bot is shadowing Lahz

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation--Achievement Unlocked
  • Recruit help from Magestar--Achievement Unlocked
  • Recruit help from MercTown (Mercs; Another group that's in town even?)
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.

Posted Players
  • Seymour-Spook
  • Ronan-Spook
  • Whisper-Spook
  • Lahz-Spook
  • Minerva-Spook
  • Mierin-Spook
  • Vheld-Spook
  • John-Roughneck
  • William-Roughneck
  • Jack-Roughneck
  • Mercedes-Roughneck
  • Wakiza-Roughneck


When all around us transforms a new!
The battle rages on. Bel'Dar begins casting an offensive invocation (throwing stones) as he moves closer to the large, central structure upon which Jack is perched. John, seeing the need to be more of an asset to the battle, realizes he needs to let a few more people in on who he really is and transforms into his pebble form. Will takes action quickly, radioing the group, "Necromancers. Disgusting magic. Take them down first, and the rest will fall. Strike true, my friends!" He then blasts the necromancer in front of him with a lightning arc. The strike hits the necromancer with less impact than Will would have thought. The mage seems to be protected by magic. The necromancer responds with a lightning arc of his own. Both being committed to strike, the bolt hits Will directly with a similar fizzle, but Will still feels the impact.

From behind the furthest eastern building, those with a line of sight notice wisps of smoke rising from behind it, but cannot discern the source. Sil sits defensively waiting while Sshir casts a sheet of ice attempting to target an adversary (Bone Fiend 2), but due to their changed position, the sheet manifests beneath the feet of a different adversary (Bone Fiend 7) and beneath Lahz's power armor. The sheet of ice quickly covers a patch of the battlefield roughly fifty square feet in area from around the skeletal warrior. Seymour, feeling a bit frisky, decides to get into the action rather than just film it. "You kick that bone rack's ass while I save the people!" he says to Ronan as he climbs through the nearby window.

Vheld replies to his insolent minion, I will let you know if I decide to take it from him. Now focus on the task at hand. If you require an outlet for your frustrations, I suggest one of the necromancers over there. He then fires a lightning bolt at the nearest adversary (Bone Fiend 3) to him. The lightning bolt finds its target perfectly. On the other side of the battlefield, Ronan brings his hammer to bear on the skeletal warrior (Bone Fiend 9) before him. The fiend is unable to defend against Ronan’s skill, and the hammer strikes the being in the chest.

Minerva sees the levitating death mage begin to mutter as he surveys the scene. He seems deeply focused on a complex incantation, and his intent is unmistakably nefarious. She closes the distance to the necromancer using telekinetic flight, calling out over the radio, "Diamond to Spooknecks. Do not let the flyers overwhelm. Moving to engage."

Brokswa flies past Lahz and his adversary intent on attacking the group closer to Vheld. Brokswa seems unimpressed with Vheld’s actions so far as he communicates, These puny bags of bones seem too much for you to handle, master! It's up to me to keep you safe as well.

Lahz calls out to Tony over the radio, "Tony! Back on Me." and then to the group, "I miss Vinograd. It was nice having our own damn dragon!" Tony pulls out his sword and moves to Lahz’s side. Feeling the energy of the Ley line, Slithn draws some of it to boost his stores. Jack looks over the field to ascertain the aura of the different group and is unsurprised by the evil emanating from the necromancers and their skeletal minions. The Xombies are a bit different as their auras are clouded. The villagers, of course, are innocent.

The bone fiends begin to regroup as if given new directions by some unheard director. They close in on the groups of villagers. Bel'Dar throws a stone at one of the bone fiends who dodges it easily en route toward a crowd near the ley line. Having changed to pebble form and pulled his gear inside his body, John starts the process of growth and quickly expands to his full ninety foot height, flailing his arms and roaring like a beast.

Will arcs lightning back at the necromancer in a tit for tat dance of flying electricity. He feels the power of this rather focused bolt leave him as it directly strikes the necromancer. Again, it does not seem to have the full impact upon the death mage as he would expect, though the bolt seems to fully gain the mage's attention. John's fiendish transformation and growth does not go unnoticed by the evil doers. From the sky above John, a lightning bolt cracks down into his chest. He is instantly aware that being the largest creature on the battlefield has its downsides.

Inside the building, Seymour spots the group of huddled & frightened villagers. Clearing his throat Seymour says, "Excuse me please? !Hola. My name is Seymour. If you mind coming this way, it is clear. My team is kicking the bad guys' asses." He points to the front door with his tail. "I will stay here and cover your butts." Whether it is the horror of the day, or the fact that they have a huge rat talking to them, the villagers do not seem encouraged by his simple and sincere statement. A woman screams, and the group huddles tighter as though death is near.

Wakiza closes with a pair of fiends advancing on a nearby building. He strikes hard and true at the skeleton to his left and his psi-sword finds the mark. Quickly, he keys the radio to the group, "Normal weapons fire may not work well on these critters. Switch to magic or psi if you can. John, try to grab at least one of those bastard mages." Vheld sees Minerva chase a necromancer who is casting a spell. In response, Vheld casts his own offensive spell (barrage) at the death mage in hopes of distracting him before he can finish his invocation. Ronan continues his struggle with his adversary, striking at the bone fiend's weapon arm and tearing the arm and shoulder from its body. The fiend drops motionless.

Being the closest to the casting necromancer, Minerva is the first to tell he is finishing his spell. As the spell caster's arms weave through the air, the world around everyone in the village begins to change. The bone fiends begin to take on a more demonic look, their bones distorting and twisting. Around the various members of the two merc groups, they begin to see their friends and teammates distort and transform. John takes on the form of a massive, towering rock creature. Ronan looks down to see his arms mutate into tentacles, his fingers melting off his hands, his armor manifests scales, and a greenish ooze drips down from his shoulders. Looking around in sheer panic, he see Will transform into some form of flying devil beast, hunched and shriveled, flying on his board, gripping with sharp, bird-like talons. Behind Ronan a scaly lizard-beast crawls through the window where Seymour once was. The creature makes its way into the building, its scaly tail sliding in after it. Ronan takes off in a panic unadulterated by thoughts of quaint concepts like cowardice or shame. This is truly not his home, nothing he has ever experienced before can be compared to this. Atop the building, Jack sees himself transform. Bones begin to protrude from his arms and legs. The bones come alive like alien extensions from within his own body. They slither and twist across the length of his body as if feeling around their new home. As they writhe on his body in search of gods only know what, he is taken with fear and not being fully in control he retreats behind the ATRV. Everyone sees tendrils emerge to life from every surface. The buildings slowly twist and writhe while tendrils crawl up the walls creating a system of woven, slimy, vein-like tendrils. Bel'Dar bucks Vheld from his back, and as Vheld falls toward the writhing ground, he sees a genuine fear in Bel'Dar's eyes he's never seen before. As he hits the ground, Vheld sees Bel'Dar flee and Sshir run for cover as well. Inside the building, Seymour finds himself in a mass of walls transformed from stone and wood to palpating flesh covered in oozing blood. The crowd seems further lost in terror as the walls around them transform into a monstrous hell. It takes a second for the remainder of group to gather their wits. The sudden change in the world around them is more than off-putting, and they can feel their sanity being tried.

In his disheveled state, Will finds himself the target of a bolt of lightning from the sky. The bolt strikes hard and fast, and he is suddenly struck with he thought that they may all be in a bit over their heads. After the bolt strikes Will, lightning arcs from the necromancer in the back of the small building in front of him and John. Will attempts to dodge, but the arc strikes him in the shoulder. Minerva can see the necromancer closest to her weave another spell before anyone is able to stop him. She strikes at him with necromancer out of instinct, and the sword slides across an invisible barrier. After the chaos of the transformation, Brokswa is the first back in action. He strikes at an adjacent skeletal warrior with his hammer and finds his target; the fiend stumbles back slightly from the blow. Tony and Lahz focus on the target closest to them. Tony attacks seem ineffectual, but Lahz’s laser cannon knocks down it quickly. Slithin flies past the duo to position himself to be of more use.

Coming to his senses, John charges the necromancer to his left, but misses and strikes the building. The blow collapses the wall and part of the roof, allowing him to see briefly inside. He fully realizes now where the wisps of smoke are coming from and what it means. The corner of the building is on fire and a group of villagers are huddled in the opposite corner of the building, coughing and choking on the smoke. They look up to see John’s monstrous body bust through the structure, and they scream and huddle in terror. Will returns his own lightning arc at the flying death mage who pays it no mind. Taking the blast as he did the previous ones he returns an arc in Will’s direction, but it is a wild miss and hits the building Seymour is currently inside. The window Seymour climbed through is collapsed under the strike. Seymour’s camera is buried in the rubble. Still in control of his mental faculties, Wakiza strikes and fells the bone fiend to his left with his psi-sword. Vheld gets to his feet, his ego more hurt than his body from the fall. Having been interrupted in his last attempt to cast his spell (barrage) by Bel'Dar bucking him from his mount, he starts again. The necromancer in front of Minerva arcs lightning at her, but misses. She immediately returns the favor with a slash against the mage’s invisible armor. Brokswa swings his hammer twice more and manages to utterly smash his adversary. Lahz targets a fiend near Brokswa as Tony closes with the creatures to strike with his sword. The near perfect shot lands directly as intended and blasts the skeleton to the ground. Slithin, having sufficiently closed the distance between itself and a necromancer (3) inflicts psionic pain on the death mage. The necromancer’s face alights with fear and agony.

The back and forth lightning tennis match between Will and the necromancer continues. Will launches another bolt at the necromancer feeling the focus and strength once again. The bolt finds its intended target. This bolt seems to shock the mage a little more, or maybe it’s the cumulative effect. Either way he moves back behind the building out of sight of Will and changes targets, firing his next lighting arc at Minerva who is caught off guard by the shot, and takes the lightning strike flat-footed; Harvester's protection mitigates the damage from the electric blast. Having John directly on him, the necromancer (3) casts a fire ball at the pebble mammoth. His faculties obviously still affected by Slithin’s pain attack, the fire ball goes wild and strikes the building. The building immediately catches fire in a new location. The whole left side of the building is now ablaze. Wak turns his attention on the bone fiend to his right and staggers it slightly with a shivering psi-sword blow. Vheld, finally able to finish his offensive spell (barrage) takes some satisfaction in watching the death mage get caught off guard by the attack and attempt to flee. The necromancer's retreat takes him out of range of Minerva, but she pursues her prey intent on finishing it off. Brokswa and Tony continue to press the remaining bone fiend who's still standing until a cannon blast from Lahz knocks the fiend down hard.

Focused on the nearby necromancer, and ignoring the trapped and burning villagers, John grabs the necromancer’s hands and says, "No hands, no casting!" He squeezes but finds the mage’s protection to be quite resilient. Being manhandled by a giant pebble creature and still reeling from the pain inflicted by Slithin shows on the death mage’s face. John holds the necromancer by the hands squeezing and swinging him wildly. Everyone can see him barbarically manhandle the mage, none of them quite knowing if it is John, or some monstrous construct of the mutated world around them. Either way, it is a scene of pure brutish melee. His original target having eluded him, Will targets the bone fiend next to him, but the bolt misses and strikes the building to the right of John's ankles. As the bolt strikes, Will finally notices the villagers' screams coming from inside. He can't tell whether or not his attack struck an innocent. With no more targets in range, Tony radios Lahz, "All targets within range have been neutralized. Where to next?” Wakiza slashes at the bone fiend near him twice, landing both slashes, and quickly finishes it off.

Skill Checks
Vheld
Lore: Magic: To try and identify Will’s artifact It looks magical indeed. You recall something about an Eye of Odin during the great Elf-dwarf war. It seems to be a rune item. The details of its abilities are vague but it is thought to have been lost.
Lore: Demon and Monster: They seem undead for sure. Not particularly a monster per se but magical in nature.
Lore: Faeries and Creatures of Magic: Bone fiends, soulless Xombies and Harvester Necromancers. The bone fiends can not be hurt by normal melee or standard weapons, fire and magic are the only solutions. The necromancers seem powerful, it is hard to tell what will be affective without knowing what spells they may have cast. The Xombies are normal people who've had their souls taken. M.D. fire, energy weapons, and magic that affects the physical body have full effect. Psionic energy attacks do x2 damage as do Millennium Tree, holy, and rune weapons.
Lore: Psychics and Psionics: They do not seem to be of a psionic nature.

Ronan
Recognize Weapon Quality: (Assess Quality of Skeletal Warriors Weapon) You are not familiar with the weapon but it looks to be of a sturdy build. There is no sign of aging on the weapons.
Intelligence: (Assess weight of and possible distance he can throw the skeleton.) Addressed in the action recap


Seymour
Surveillance: The camera seems to be hung well from the window
Prowl: He enters the building very stealthy.
Identify scents: They are people.
Tv/Video: He sets the camera up in a great spot to view him climb in.
Intelligence: He does his best to look like a crack soldier...while he waddles toward the window.
Charm/Impress: Nobody is buying it
Climb: You climb like a Russian gymnast.

John Atfield
What even are these people?
Lore: Demons & Monsters: They do not seem to fit any monster/demon description you are aware of.
Lore: Magic: They are soulless xombies. Possibly villagers at one point. Maybe still alive


Map Reveal (open in a new tab)
Map Note: dead enemies have a skull & crossbones icon on their token; energy field represented by a transparent bubble
Schedule Note: The next GM post will be posted by Tuesday, July 23rd by midnight.
GM NOTES: Your JIC rolls were use to save verse HF last melee round. Please add a specific save vs HF for the next melee. all players are currently -1APM and -2 to Strike and Parry. Vheld, please update levels for Bel Dar and SShir on your character sheet they seem to be missing.



What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/ISP/PPE spent

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -30 M.D.C. to armor, -40 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots,
John Altfeld: -88 M.D.
Lahz: Marauder LPC: 240 shots/-40 shots
  • Tony:
Mierin:
Minerva: -30 M.D.C. to crystal armor, -17 I.S.P., -16 M.D.C. to body field
Ronan: -15 M.D.C. to armor
Seymour:
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; -38 M.D.C. from FF
Vheld: -65 P.P.E.; -1 charge to invincible armor talisman, -16 personal S.D.C.
  • Minions: -1 charge each to minion invincible armor talismans
  • Bel Dar: -4 P.P.E.
William Summers: -38 P.P.E., -58 M.D.C.
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53 / 70%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 26

CONDITIONS: John is Pebbles and Maximum Fun Size
Save vs. Magic Transformation: 1d20+12 = 27

Without turning around, John's radar senses the skeleton still standing behind him and says, "Can someone please finish off that skeleton trying to get at the people in the building? Also, I think the sluggish people are de-souled but we might be able to fix them?"

Why isn't Jack putting out this fire?!? Putting out fires is Jack's job!

As people keep talking in the radio, occasional muffled squawks come out of the helmet inside John's rocking body.

Initiative: 1d20+13 = 23

COMBAT THINGS
Action 1 (USING PAIRED WEAPONS, SO NO PARRY HERE): John drops his sword and takes a large step, interposing his body between the Bone Fiend 5/its associated Harvester and the building. Left Hand - Grapple Harvester John already has, pinning his/her arms in John's pebbley fist. Right Hand - Carefully shove hand down into the hole in the roof and knock the burning corner of the building down/to the northwest.
Action 2: Try to Grapple Flying Harvester if in reach, otherwise kick Bone Fiend 5 towards Brokswa. Strike - 1d20+8 = 23 ; Damage (1d6*10)+82 = 132
Action 3/4: Landslide attack a grappled Harvester using two actions, putting it inside John's body. Strike - 1d20+8 = 10
Action 5 (possibly also 6): If John grappled the other Harvester, Landslide attack that one, using two actions, to put it inside his body. Strike - 1d20+8 = 12 . OR if Flying Harvester was not grappled but is within reach, try to grab it again. If lacking other targets in immediate vicinity and Bone Fiend 5 is still present, kick it towards Lahz (1d6*10)+82 = 122. Otherwise move to the nearest Xombie and Landslide attack it.
Actions 7/8: Move to the nearest Xombie and Landslide attack it. 1d20+8 = 10

If this leaves one odd action, try to standard grapple nearest Xombie. 1d20+8 = 23

Decision Path
Priority 1: Don't let people inside building burn to death. If fire is put out, or they're not in danger, move to next priority. Priority 2: Capture remaining free Harvester currently near Bone Fiend 5. If Harvester is out of reach or engaged with 2 or more other party members move on. Priority 3: Make Bone Fiend 5 stop hitting me. Only spend one or two attacks trying to kick to Brokswa or Lahz. It's not a danger to John. Priority 4: Safely capture as many Xombies as possible if Harvesters are engaged or neutralized.

Parries: 1d20+12 = 22, 1d20+12 = 18, 1d20+12 = 23, 1d20+12 = 18, 1d20+12 = 29, 1d20+12 = 31, 1d20+12 = 28, 1d20+12 = 32

Auto-dodges: 1d20+1 = 12, 1d20+1 = 12, 1d20+1 = 11, 1d20+1 = 3, 1d20+1 = 12, 1d20+1 = 3, 1d20+1 = 19

Saves (+12 vs. Magic, +6 vs. Psionics): 1d20 = 2, 1d20 = 1, 1d20 = 2, 1d20 = 13, 1d20 = 9, 1d20 = 6
Last edited by John Altfeld on Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 15 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 85
Save vs Magic: 1d20+9 = 17
Save vs HF: 1d20+4 = 12
Lore: Magic-- 1d100 = 21 / 58% (Id the spell)

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak looks at the tentacled mess and shakes his head, Damn mages. Damn Magic Zone! I remember that the Deadboys hated these kinds of spells. Now I get it. Assuming he is with 60', Wak instantly points Derilian and says, "Derilian get rid of these apparitions please," and he activates Negate Magic. If it doesn't work he will go through all three uses. Whether they work or not he will attack the next enemy he sees. If no enemies are in his LoS, he moves to the building in front of them and looks in. He says, "Is everyone okay in here? This would be a good time to make your escape to the north of here." He still has his Psi Sword active.

APM: 7 (includes the -1)
Init: 1d20+9 = 22 (Includes the -2)

Attack 1: Activates Negate Magic from Derilian at the writhing mess. 1d20 = 19
Attack 2: If the first one doesn't work, Activates Negate Magic from Derilian at the writhing mess. 1d20 = 15
Attack 3: If the first two don't work, Activates Negate Magic from Derilian at the writhing mess. 1d20 = 13
Attack 4: Check building and/or Attack the nearest enemy. Strike: 1d20+14 = 21; Damage: 8d6+4 = 39
Attack 5: Check building and/or Attack the nearest enemy. Strike: 1d20+14 = 19; Damage: 8d6+4 = 37
Attack 6: Check building and/or Attack the nearest enemy. Strike: 1d20+14 = 18; Damage: 8d6+4 = 19
Attack 7: Check building and/or Attack the nearest enemy. Strike: 1d20+14 = 15; Damage: 8d6+4 = 35

Focuses his auto dodge vs tech on anyone that has a modern weapon.
1d20+11 = 16 1d20+11 = 27 1d20+11 = 19 1d20+11 = 17 1d20+11 = 16 1d20+11 = 23 1d20+11 = 18 1d20+11 = 16

Parry:
1d20+22 = 32 1d20+22 = 29 1d20+22 = 41 1d20+22 = 37 1d20+22 = 32 1d20+22 = 36 1d20+22 = 23 1d20+22 = 27

Contigency: If his FF goes down he'll sacrifice an action to activate Storm Rider Armor with his suits PPE

FF: 37/75 MDC
Storm Rider Armor 120/120 MDC (Energy attacks do half damage.)
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:30 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 64
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 11
Init: 1d20+2 = 10
Horror Factor 1d20+3 Suppress Fear
Resist Magic +4 normal and +3 to resist magic
1d20+7 = 21

Jack as he huddles behind the ATRV tries to gather his control over the fear."Flaming balls of dingo crap,what the Bloody Hell just happen?" Jack checks his armor, no bones are protruding out of his skin. He touches his face everything feels OK. Jack looks at Ronan and further over Mierin he see that they are freaked out just like he was.
He uses new power Suppress Fear (8 ISP)

OOC Comments
Suppress Fear Range: Self or others by touch. Duration: One minute per level of experience. I.S.P.: 8 This power temporarily suppresses the chemical and psychological components of fear in the recipient. As a result, the character is unable to feel fear or is barely frightened even if intellectually he realizes he is in grave danger, or is facing a terrifying monster or situation. This enables the character to think rationally and take calm, calculated action, rather than respond with the typical "fight or flight" reactions of those who are scared. While this power is activated, the character automatically succeeds on any roll to resist Horror Factor, even if magically induced. This power can be used on the psychic himself or on one or two others.


He then goes to the other two near him,“Ronan,It's me Jack. you OK, I don't know, but I can see if I can help ya mate. Let's get to Mierin, then I can try help both you.” Jack touches both and tries to see if he can help them get over the fear. He uses Suppress Fear (8 ISP)on them.

Before going back into battle, He concentrate to resist any spells that might come his way. As he moves closer he draws his TW Pistol and gets ready to use it. "It must have been a spell thrown on me got to try to fight it off."

He uses Resist Magic Rifter 25 on self
OOC Comments
Resist Magic Range: Self.
Duration: Five minutes per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 15
A very useful power for psychics, Resist Magic provides excellent protection from all forms of magic. When active, this power reduces the damage, effects, and duration of all magic affecting the psychic, by half. This power also grants a bonus of +3 to save vs all magic


Actions 6-1=5 1APM and -2 to Strike and Parry.
Action 1: Suppress Fear on self.
Action 2: moves to get in range top Suppress Fear on Ronan and Mierin
Action 3: Suppress fear on the two.
Action 4 Resist Magic self
Action 5 going with the others to help with suppress fear if needed
Last edited by Jack Killian on Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:45 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 13 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: 1d100 = 97
Save vs HF: 1d20+5 = 23

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary], Marauder PA

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 14




With the cannon stowed in the Marauder's shoulder clamps, Lahz keys the sequence to fire-link his Ion-Turrets to his Left forearm laser and blasts away at any target of opportunity that presents itself. Over the radio he remarks in a terse tone, "Alright am I the only one being Mindfrakked or does everyone else see a 90-ft Giant Rock thing attacking them from the West? ... and what the hell is going on with the rest of this? ... Do we shoot it? Tony ... keep close. Even if your blade isn't injuring, the defense you provide is useful."

"Lahz"
APM [8 +1]: 9
Init [+2]: 1d20+2 = 8

1 ~~ Turn on Fire-Link for Ion Turrets & Forearm Laser
2 ~~ Fire on closest Bone Fiend or other Hostile 1d20+4 = 16, 11d6 = 37
3 ~~ Fire on closest Bone Fiend or other Hostile 1d20+4 = 14, 11d6 = 43
4 ~~ Fire on closest Bone Fiend or other Hostile 1d20+4 = 22, 11d6 = 36*2=72 MD
5 ~~ Fire on closest Bone Fiend or other Hostile 1d20+4 = 16, 11d6 = 39
6 ~~ Fire on closest Bone Fiend or other Hostile 1d20+4 = 9, 11d6 = 48
7 ~~ Fire on closest Bone Fiend or other Hostile 1d20+4 = 6, 11d6 = 43
8 ~~ Fire on closest Bone Fiend or other Hostile 1d20+4 = 19, 11d6 = 46
9 ~~ Fire on closest Bone Fiend or other Hostile 1d20+4 = 10, 11d6 = 44


CONTINGENCY: If the Marauder's Energy-weapon-cocktail of Ion Turrets [8d6] and Laser Blasts [3d6] runs up against an enemy which appears not to be affected, Lahz will switch to attacking with his Silver-Electro-Mace...
1d20+11 = 14 Strike, 4d6 = 5 Damage
1d20+11 = 25 Strike, 4d6 = 14 Damage
1d20+11 = 19 Strike, 4d6 = 16 Damage
1d20+11 = 12 Strike, 4d6 = 11 Damage
1d20+11 = 24 Strike, 4d6 = 13 Damage
1d20+11 = 16 Strike, 4d6 = 14 Damage


Parry [+11]: 1d20+11 = 31, 1d20+11 = 29, 1d20+11 = 28, 1d20+11 = 29, 1d20+11 = 15
Dodge [+8]: 1d20+8 = 22


Tony falls back to defend Lahz against any incoming melee attackers, laying into anything that approaches with his silver-coated vibro-blade. He parries deftly using the same blade.

"Tony"
APM [8 +1 (tentacles)]: 8+1
Init [+4]: 1d20+4 = 12

1 ~~ Reposition to defend Lahz and Strike with Sword 1d20+13 = 28, 5d6 = 15 MD
2 ~~ Strike with Sword 1d20+13 = 15, 5d6 = 20 MD
3 ~~ Strike with Sword 1d20+13 = 17, 5d6 = 23 MD
4 ~~ Strike with Sword 1d20+13 = 23, 5d6 = 18 MD
5 ~~ Strike with Sword 1d20+13 = 32, 5d6 = 22*2 = 44 MD
6 ~~ Strike with Sword 1d20+13 = 15, 5d6 = 18 MD
7 ~~ Strike with Sword 1d20+13 = 14, 5d6 = 18 MD
8 ~~ Strike with Sword 1d20+13 = 19, 5d6 = 12 MD
9 ~~ Electro-Tentacle a local that comes within Melee Range (10'), 1d20+11 = 21, Damage: 3d6 = 9M.D. + Chance of Stunning Victim for 1d4 = 1 Melees (See Warlords of Russia Pg 126, victim drops to 2 APM, -70% Skill performance and speed, No Initiative, -8 all combat rolls).

Parry [+14]: 1d20+14 = 20, 1d20+14 = 19, 1d20+14 = 15, 1d20+14 = 30, 1d20+14 = 30, 1d20+14 = 21, 1d20+14 = 25, 1d20+14 = 20, 1d20+14 = 16


Ray continues driving defensively dodging as needed.

"Ray"
APM: 9
Init [+4]: 1d20+4 = 6

Dodge [+13]: 1d20+13 = 24, 1d20+13 = 25, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 24, 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 31
Last edited by Lahz on Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:18 am

JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 22
PER: 1d100 = 98 vs. 76%
Conditions
  • At a ley line (x2 range, duration, damage of spells/magic effects and +50% range/duration of psychic powers, all factored in below; can draw 10 PPE or 1d6+1 ISP per round).
  • Energy fields have 120 MDC and a duration of 80 minutes after ley line boost.
  • Invincible armor from talismans has 220 MDC, 53.5/54m remaining, regenerates 1d6 MDC/melee, takes half damage from all magical or mundane energy attacks, is fully environmental, and conveys -15% to physical skills.
  • Storm staff remains active for 18 melee rounds, can fire four lightning bolts per melee.
  • Targeted deflection, 19 melees remaining, see auto-parries.
  • Throwing stones, 3 melees remaining, can create/throw one stone per action, 2d6+8 MD, +6 to strike
  • Carpet of adhesion, 100 melees remaining
Pride and tailbone bruised by his fall, Vheld picks himself up with a grunt and takes stock. He briefly considers calling Sil to him- the shifter dislikes going into battle without a mount. But there don’t appear to be any immediate threats to his personal safety, and as Vheld recognizes the spell going up around him as some sort of illusion he decides it best to leave his minions where they are. Having come to some conclusions as to the nature of their enemies, Vheld gets on the team radio frequency.

”Anyone who lacks a magical weapon, try switching to fire or plasma for the bone-things. The zombies are vulnerable to psionic attack, too.” Vheld considers his next move. Souls stolen. By Nxla? Seems like it might be a good idea to collect some specimens. If we can learn more about the nature of this necromancy, perhaps we can learn how to nullify or even reverse it. As luck would have it, a couple viable candidates are located none-too-far from the shifter. Thus, Vheld’s first order of business will be securing the two Xombies for later study, and taking out the bone fiend to make sure it won’t interfere. As Brokswa joins the fight, Vheld takes note of the Harvester John has captured and thus concentrates his energies on the necromancer battling Minerva. He will first fire another barrage to forestall any more powerful spell-casting, then switch to lightning bolts to subdue the fellow. If Brokswa slays the bone fiend, Vheld will point towards the westernmost building (Bone fiend 5 and the Harvester nearest it) and yell ”GO!”

Vheld
Initiative: 1d20 = 6
APM: 7-1 = 6
Save vs. HF- 1d20+8 = 26

Action 1: Cast carpet of adhesion on Xombies 2 and 3 ((-10 PPE)), angled to avoid the villagers nearby.
Actions 2-3: Cast barrage on Harvester 2 (13 blasts * 4 MD/blast = 52 MD plus penalties; 1d20+1 = 19 to strike if applicable; -15 PPE).
Action 4: Lightning bolt on nearest bone fiend or Harvester 2. 1d20+1 = 15, 12d6 = 36 MD.
Action 5: Lightning bolt on nearest bone fiend or Harvester 2. 1d20+1 = 9, 12d6 = 33 MD.
Action 6: Lightning bolt on nearest bone fiend or Harvester 2. 1d20+1 = 8, 12d6 = 50 MD.

Auto-parries (energy attacks only); with targeted deflection active, rolls above 13 will return to strike the attacker: 1d20+7 = 16, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 16, 1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 19, 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 10
Contingency 1: By my read, one CoA should barely encompass both Xombies near Vheld. If this is not the case, please add a second casting to ensure both are captured.
Contingency 2: Vheld will re-activate his invincible armor talisman if the first spell is depleted.
Sil
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 82
APM: 5-1 = 4
Save vs. HF- 1d20+4 = 12

Status quo- Sil will remain where she is, crouching defensively and keeping an eye (and nose) out for any trouble. She will dodge any attacks that come her way, and should she feel the least bit threatened she will shift to her phantom form.

Actions 1-4: Reserved for dodges/shifts to phantom form.

Auto-dodges (please add +6): 4d20:
14, 9, 4, 2
Sshir
Initiative: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 63
APM: 6-1 = 5
Save vs. HF- 1d20+2 = 13

With a growl and a shiver, Sshir hunkers down and avoids further combat. Should he have the presence of mind to draw additional PPE from the ley line to refuel, he will do so.

Action 1: Draw PPE from the ley line ((+10 PPE)).
Actions 2-5: Reserved for dodges (please add +4): 4d20:
5, 14, 7, 13


Contingency: If any enemy forces get too close to Sil or the ARTV, Sshir will cast wall of ice between the enemy and the vehicle ((-20 PPE)).
Bel’Dar
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 15
APM: 6-1 = 5
Save vs. HF- 1d20 = 19

Bel’Dr will likewise stay far, far away from the horrifying illusion and only concentrate on defending itself.

Contingency 1: Reactivate invincible armor if it is depleted.

Auto-dodges (please add +8): 5d20:
15, 19, 2, 18, 13
Brokswa
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 54
APM: 5-1 = 4
Save vs. HF- 1d20+6 = 10

Eager to smash yet more foes, Brokswa banks sharply and makes for the bone fiend threatening Vheld. Once it is pounded into jelly, the plasma demon obeys Vheld’s command and charges the flying harvester to the west. Should the illusion prove too much for him, Brokswa will snarl and retreat.
Action 1: Hammer strike. 1d20+4 = 18 to strike, 2d12 = 19 + 4d6 = 18 = 37 MD
Action 2: Hammer strike. 1d20+4 = 20 to strike, 2d12 = 12 + 4d6 = 15 = 27 MD
Action 3: Hammer strike. 1d20+4 = 13 to strike, 2d12 = 11 + 4d6 = 11 = 22 MD
Action 4: Hammer strike. 1d20+4 = 19 to strike, 2d12 = 15 + 4d6 = 12 = 27 MD


Contingency: Brokswa will re-activate his invincible armor talisman if the first spell is depleted.
Slithn
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 33
APM: 4-1 = 3
Save vs. HF- 1d20+12 = 32

With no additional orders forthcoming from Vheld, Slithn stays put and enjoys the show. Should anything attack her that can actually pose a threat, she will dodge.

Actions 1-3: Reserved for dodges: 3d20:
15, 2, 19
.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Minerva » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:26 am

Perception: 1d100 = 64/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 28
Save vs HF: 1d20+6 = 18

Conditions
  • H.P.: 104/104
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 349/366
    Harvester
  • Damage: 6d6+6 MD (Doubled at Ley Line for 12D6+12)
  • :30/1:00 minute
  • +1 on initiative
  • +1 to dodge
  • +1 to strike
  • +2 to parry
  • Cannot be surprised by sneak attacks
  • Damages creatures vulnerable to magic
  • Fire, heat, electrical and all energy attacks, including magic, do half damage.
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 5/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield (Active)
  • 54/70 MDC
  • 2/4 Activations
    Stalker Suit
  • 12/12 MDC
    Cloak of Protection
  • 50/50 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • Impervious to Fire
    Ring of Invisibility (Inactive)
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 3/3 Activations
    Ring of Resist Fire (Inactive)
  • 0/2 hours
  • 3/3 Activations
    On a Ley Line
  • Can use 1D6+1 ISP per melee round. Can not be stored.
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.


"¡Hijo de puta!" Minerva exclaims as she sees the Harvester finish a spell and completely change the battle field. She focuses her psychic energy, bolstered by the Ley Line (+1d6+1 = 2 ISP to be used this round) and thinks about the necromancer not being able to speak. She then closes with the Harvester 2, slashing at his magical defenses. Once the spell around him is broken, she will drive her crystal sword through his blackened heart.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 6
APM: 6

Action 1: Bio-Manipulation: Mute. Duration: 4d4 = 6x2= 12 minutes (-10 ISP)
Action 2: Stab Harvester 2. Strike: 1d20+11 = 26. Damage: 12d6+12 = 58
Action 3: Stab Harvester 2. Strike: 1d20+11 = 20. Damage: 12d6+12 = 60
Action 4: Stab Harvester 2. Strike: 1d20+11 = 12. Damage: 12d6+12 = 48
Action 5: Stab Harvester 2. Strike: 1d20+11 = 25. Damage: 12d6+12 = 50
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge.

Dodge: 1d20+6 = 22
Parry: 1d20+7 = 131d20+7 = 191d20+7 = 191d20+7 = 181d20+7 = 27

CONTINGENCY: If Minerva's Integrated Psionic Force Field goes down, she will sacrifice an action to renew it.
CONTINGENCY: If Minerva runs out of IPFF charges, she will activate her Supernatural Transformation, becoming an MDC being.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby William Summers » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:46 am

Perception: 1d100 = 61/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 34
Save vs HF: 1d20+8 = 22


Conditions
PPE: 175/178
Invincible Armor:
  • 142/200 MDC
  • 95:30/96 minutes
  • Complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc., and provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply
  • Regenerates damage at the rate of 1D6 M.D.C. per melee round (1d6 = 5)
  • All energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor!
  • -15% to prowl, climb, swim or perform other physical skills
Lightning Arc:
  • Damage: 8d6+32 MD
  • 7:30/8 minutes
  • +4 to strike vs targets 400 feet or closer. +1 to strike vs all other targets.
Amulet of See The Invisible:
  • See The Invisible
8th Ring of Elder:
  • Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
  • Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
  • Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.
At Ley Line:
  • Doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells.
  • The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds.
  • Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.


Will focuses on the battle at hand, choosing to check on the villagers later. Through his radio he hollers "Volcano, we could really use some of that Shrimp on The Barbie type of fire that you're always talking about! Everything is growing tentacles and some of these fires could use some controlling!" He disengages with the Bone Fiend near him and heads around the building on his wingboard to reengage with the Harvester that tried to escape him. He continues pouring lightning down on him until he's fried. While he's on the Ley Line, he absorbs another 10 PPE to replenish his own reserves.

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 26
APM: 9 when using all magic blasts.

Action 1: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 12 Damage: 8d6+32 = 60 MD
Action 2: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 14 Damage: 8d6+32 = 51 MD
Action 3: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 8 Damage: 8d6+32 = 62 MD
Action 4: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 13 Damage: 8d6+32 = 58 MD
Action 5: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 17 Damage: 8d6+32 = 67 MD
Action 6: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 5 Damage: 8d6+32 = 47 MD
Action 7: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 8 Damage: 8d6+32 = 58 MD
Action 8: Fire Lightning Arc. Strike: 1d20+4 = 17 Damage: 8d6+32 = 64 MD
Action 9: Reserved for Dodge.

Dodges: 1d20+7 = 20
Contingency: If Will's Invincible Armor goes down, he will sacrifice actions to cast it again.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:25 am

JiC: 1d100 = 58 / 1d20 = 14
Perception [19%]: 1d100 = 71
Prowl [54%]: 1d100 = 66 (Try to be ignored by the chaos around him)

Intelligence [54%]: 1d100 = 41 (Try to make sense of WTF is happening around him)
Save vs HF: 1d20+2 = 5 (Initial, Suppress Fear is Active as of Jacks Turn.)

In a pure swath of unadulterated fear, Ronan takes off; flailing the hammer behind him to cover the distance like hopping over pawing animals. When he reaches a safe spot and can stop himself, he takes a breathe. Not out of fatigue but to slow the adrenaline. His main body armor piece seemingly shredding off as he goes, leaving Ronan in a nifty flight suit. Great. Break the new bosses armor.

"Is this one of Iblis's tricks?" Ronan questions under his breathe. This world is insane. He thinks to himself, his eyes still trailing to the building and he shrugs, securing the big bore to his rig and un-slinging his KLS, flipping the setting to the most powerful setting and twinging his neck. I've got a good source of water nearby. I just need to get back in there.

"Fine, fine. They want skeletons and flying demon things, and necro..? Necro what, philiacs? No, necromancers that play with your damn brain. Bah." Ronan begins to mutter to himself in slight annoyance at the new environment and how it is totally screwing with him as he gets into a good position to take a shot with the KLS. "Let's see how they like this sending their brain into the hole in the sky.." He says, his fingers still shaky.

Jack wrote:“Ronan, I can help you if you get close to Mierin.”


Ronan looks up and nods, "You got it. Following you." Ronan says, his voice may seem a tad shaky and will readjust his initial strategy and head over to Mierin. "Hey, uh, Queen? It's Ronan, coming to you with Jack; he says he can hopefully help."

Ronan will then follow Jack or head over to Meirin's location so Jack can cast his spell and will then begin to head back over between the buildings with a new form of blue fire in his eyes, heading towards BF9-10.

Combat
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 19
Parries: 1d20+8 = 25 | 1d20+8 = 15 | 1d20+8 = 28 | 1d20+8 = 26 | 1d20+8 = 19
Dodges (Actions 1-4 are moving actions that can incorporate the dodge): 1d20+8 = 11 | 1d20+8 = 12 | 1d20+8 = 22 | 1d20+8 = 18

A1: Muttering to self as slinging of Big Bore and Unsling of KLS.
A2: Begins to follow Jack
A3: Receive Supress Fear from Jack. (7 mins)
A4: Begin to move towards the middle of the two buildings again, keeping a mental picture on how far the water is from him. Reslinging the KLS and redrawing the Big Bore. Going towards Bone Fiend 9-10
A5: As he closes in on the Bone Fiends, he will summon a Water Spout to filter and form beneath Bone Fiend 10. Radius - 24ft. BF10 receives 1d6 = 5 M.D.C from water and is essentially launched 36 ft in the air for the duration, then slammed back to the ground for another 1d4 = 3 +2d4 = 3. BF10: -6 Strike/Parry/Dodge; Duration, 1 Round.

Ronan scowls at the Bone Fiends and snarls "Yeah, I've got powers too."
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 88 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 93
Initiative: 1d20 = 4 + 8 = 12
APM: 9

save vs HF: 1d20+6 = 23 (Initial, Suppress Fear is Active as of Jack's Turn)

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 18 (88%)
Concealment 1d100 = 46 (59%)
Prowl 1d100 = 32 (78%)


Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Ronan says, his voice may seem a tad shaky and will readjust his initial strategy and head over to Mierin. "Hey, uh, Queen? It's Ronan, coming to you with Jack; he says he can hopefully help."


Mierin raises an eyebrow when Ronan's voice comes over the comm and she wonders what he means when he says Jack can help. 'Help how exactly?' Mierin wonders to herself. ”Copy that, Ronan.” Mierin replies in a quiet tone of voice over the radio. ”Will maintain position for the moment.” While Mierin waits for Jack and Ronan, she surveys the scene in front of her, trying to determine where she will be the most useful and keeps an eye out for any baddies that are trying to ambush her.

Once the spell has been cast, Mierin nods at Jack and says, “”Thanks.” As Ronan heads out, Mierin says, ”Queen watching your six.” Doing her best to avoid being detected, Mierin shoots at the other bone fiend (BF 9), doing her best to take it down with laser shots from her JA-12 while Ronan focuses on the second one.

Actions
1. replies to Ronan over radio
2. surveys the situation trying to determine where she can be useful
3. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+6 = 24
4. quietly moves between two buildings
5. fires at bone fiend 9 with JA-12 strike: 1d20+5 = 14, damage, if hit: 4d6 = 16
6. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+6 = 12
7. fires at bone fiend 9 with JA-12 strike: 1d20+5 = 18, damage, if hit: 4d6 = 18
8. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+6 = 7
9. fires at bone fiend 9 with JA-12 strike: 1d20+5 = 20, damage if hit: 4d6 = 11

auto parry if needed.
1d20+7 = 18 1d20+7 = 13 1d20+7 = 13 1d20+7 = 17 1d20+7 = 14 1d20+7 = 9 1d20+7 = 10 1d20+7 = 26 1d20+7 = 14
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:40 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 33
Init: 1d20 = 17
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 67
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 55
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 52


Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 9

Skills
Charm/Impress: 5% /1d100 = 79 - schmooze
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% /1d100 = 5 - schmooze
Save vs. Horror Factor: 1d20 = 13

Post -
Seymour draws his Empress and while it ready, but pointed at the floor, he looks back at the crowd. ”What the fuck? Really?” He does his best to put on a charming smile and talk softly, hoping to calm them. ”I am not sure if it the shit going on or a talking rat, but get your shit together. We need to move now.” He turns to move for his camera when the world goes to hell in an LSD laced basket.

Inside the building, Seymour finds himself in a mass of walls transformed from stone and wood to palpating flesh covered in oozing blood. The crowd seems further lost in terror as the walls around them transform into a monstrous hell. It takes a second for the remainder of group to gather their wits. The sudden change in the world around them is more than off-putting, and they can feel their sanity being tried.


Feeling the fear creeping up on him, Seymour does his best to resist his natural reaction of running away. With an amazing amount of will, he manages to check his wits just as the wall collapses on his favorite camera. ”NOOOO!!!” He dives at the pile, digging like a crazy man. ”Please, please, please, please”




APM [4]:
Init [+4]: 1d20+4 = 7

All actions reserved for digging for camera

Dodge [+6]: 1d20+6 = 12, 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 17 1d20+6 = 15,
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:57 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1802
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: unknown village, along the Ohio River

Order of Battle
John is blazing the trail afoot.
Minerva leading NE-ATRV on her MBT-300 Black Talon Motorcycle
NE-ATRV (2/18 tons so far)
  • Ray Robot is piloting the ATRV
  • Sil, Sshir, Slithn are in the cargo bay with Whisper's Mecha Knight PA
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
  • Mierin
Seymour is following in his Cargonaut
Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar are flying alongside the ATRV
Lahz is following ATRV in his Marauder PA
Tony the Tiger-Bot is shadowing Lahz

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation--Achievement Unlocked
  • Recruit help from Magestar--Achievement Unlocked
  • Recruit help from MercTown (Mercs; Another group that's in town even?)
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.

Posted Players
  • Seymour-Spook
  • Ronan-Spook
  • Whisper-Spook
  • Lahz-Spook
  • Minerva-Spook
  • Mierin-Spook
  • Vheld-Spook
  • John-Roughneck
  • William-Roughneck
  • Jack-Roughneck
  • Mercedes-Roughneck
  • Wakiza-Roughneck


When all around us transforms anew!
Sil remains where she is, crouched defensively, and with her senses open for trouble. Seymour does his best to resist the natural urge to flee. Instead of running, he dives into the rubble after his camera, digging like a rat possessed. "Please, please, please, please..." The small crowd within the building with Seymour finally snap. One of them opens the door, and the rest push in a panic to get outside. Spotting another crowd of their fellow villagers, they rush towards them. Slithn stays put and enjoys the show while Sshir draws energy from the ley line. Meanwhile, Bel’Dar remains beyond the nightmarescape than makes Hel look like a luxury resort by comparison, totally unwilling to risk his immortal existence in the area of that great, horrific X factor.

John drops his sword, takes a careful step, and knocks the burning corner of the building down/to the northwest. This causes the center of the roof to collapse inward, causing another burst of coughing screams from the villagers trapped within. With his free hand John attempts to snatch the flying nercomancer (1) from the air, but the mage is far too squirrely. Out of the air a lighting bolt drops and strikes John directly in the chest. On the ground a Xombie strikes at his foot hitting him 4 times before John can attempt his landslide attack. The landslide is successful and John absorbs the Xombie in his pebble body. With no other targets, John moves toward the bone fiend (5) by Minerva, is struck twice by lightning in the process, and attempts to landslide the bone fiend (5) but is not quick enough. Around him he can see the battlefield is thinning.

Will re-engages with the flying necromancer, and delivers countless hammer-blows of lightning, but early on the necromancer suddenly multiplied by a factor of four, so it became incredibly difficult to know which one to target in the midst of the battle raging around him. The necromancer shouts at Will, "Curse your doggedness!" and flies East through the forest canopy at high speed, quickly eluding Will.

Wakiza asks of his sword, "Derilian, get rid of these apparitions, please." His sword's telepathic reply is scathing. You weakling! Must I also wipe your split backside? Get in there and slaughter your foes! How else are you to attain power if you lack the backbone to crush all who oppose you?! Despite his admonitions, Derilian apparently complies with the request as the hideous landscape suddenly returns to normal all around him. Wakiza moves to the large building in front of him and makes his way inside. He pushes on the door which feels stuck. Inside, he finds a group of huddled villagers. He says, "Is everyone okay in here? This would be a good time to make your escape to the north of here." The villagers look wild eyed at him. They back away in fear not knowing what to make of the man wielding the sword. In the room he can see two windows and another door.

Lahz tries to fire-link his power armor's ion turrets & forearm laser, but the two disparate systems are unconnected so the link cannot be established. (There's no "alpha-strike" option in Palladium so far as I'm aware that allows for linking totally dissimilar systems. PM if you have contrary info.) Tony returns in a rush to Lahz's position as a not-quite-as-destroyed-as-was-believed Bone Fiend (7) rises and returns to the attack. One of Vheld's demonic minions chases after a Bone Fiend (4) which is chasing after Tony! Tony hits the large patch of ice and face-plants into the ice, causing a tremendous commotion. After a few humorous failures to return to his feet, the big robot finds enough traction to manage the feat, and begins slashing at the Bone Fiend which Lahz is also blasting. Their combined attacks seem only to make the skeletal warrior very unsteady on its own feet as it's rocked by the kinetic energy of Tony's blows and buffeted by Lahz's powerful blasts. Brokswa engages in a furious exchange with the Bone Fiend (4) who fights like a veteran. Brokswa's first blow lands, and lands HARD, nearly shivering the undead thing to splinters, but the skeletal warrior not only manages to parry every other blow with its buckler, but actually manages to disarm the demon of his magic hammer and land a few blows of its own! Tony is engaged by a Bone Fiend (4) from behind which lands a blow on Tony's back as he's trying to right himself, but otherwise gets in not another blow due to the robot's own defensive measures. Lahz has a similar Bone Fiend (7) problem, but after his ranged weapons prove futile and he switches to the use of his mace, that problem is resolved rather quickly, and he's even able to lend Tony a hand and finishes off the decrepit Bone Fiend (4) harassing him and Brokswa. (Lahz, update your gear sheet. You can't be currently wearing one power armor inside of another.)

Vheld casts a terrain denial invocation (carpet of adhesion) on a pair of Xombies (2 & 3) lumbering toward John as a Bone Fiend (1) rushes him. He casts an offensive invocation (barrage) on the Harvester necromancer who's flying and pounding Minerva with lightning (2), but the necromancer scarcely pays the impacts any attention. Vheld and the Bone Fiend trade a couple of blows which ends with the Bone Fiend a smoldering pile of recently electrified bones.

Mierin replies to Ronan over radio, "Will maintain position for the moment." Surveying the situation to determine where she can be useful, she spies an opening between two nearby buildings and uses them for cover in her approach. She can see a crowd of fearful villagers huddled in the room. The shafts of light entering through the windows shows clouds of dust and streaks of smoke floating inside. Jack suppresses his own fears through a combination of will and psychic ability. Realizing the situation, he reaches over to Ronan and imparts some of his own psychic courage to him. "Ronan, it's me, Jack. You okay? I don't know, but I can see if I can help ya, mate. Let's get to Mierin, then I can try to help you both." Ronan mutters to himself as he slings back the Big Bore. Ronan follows Jack as he gets his experimental rifle in hand. They reach Mierin after a quick dash across the old road, and though Mierin seems cautious, she doesn't seem to have been effected by the horrific spell. Jack reaches out and gives her a touch of psychic courage anyway. Mierin spies the remains of a skeletal warrior (Bone Fiend #9) sprawled in pieces nearby, sees another one that's dragging a crowd of villagers entangled in some web made of glowing blue-white light, and opens fire on it with three steady shots. The warrior looks up to recognize Mierin's attacks, as though in appreciation of her martial spirit, then gets back to dragging the crowd toward the open rift. Ronan sights the nearby Bone Fiends and tries to summon a water spout to his aid, but there's no large body of water within range to do so (Range: 126'). If this village were on the river bank like the previous one, he imagines this whole scene would have played out much differently. The trio watch in horror as the battered skeletal warrior drags the netted crowd through the now destabilizing rift and vanishes from sight.

Minerva quickly moves to engage the flying Harvester necromancer (2), but her pursuit draws the attention of a Bone Fiend (5) who harasses and distracts her, and occasionally lands a few blows with his peculiar short sword. She unsuccessfully tries to psionically mute the necromancer, but his wicked laughs inform her of the results. Too late, she realizes she's is serious trouble as the necromancer continues to fly just out of range of her sword while raining lightning down on her, forcing her to reactivate her suit's integrated psionic forcefield, not once, but twice more during the skirmish. Worst of all, her crystal sword is shattered into a thousand glittering fragments scintillating on the dusty earth by an attack from the Bone Fiend while she's renewing her own protection.

The Harvester necromancer (2), now alone on the battlefield save for a single surviving Bone Fiend (5) and a handful of trapped Xombies (1 & 2), barks a command at the remaining Bone Fiend and flies through the rapidly destabilizing rift, the Bone Fiend hot on his heels and leaving Minerva to endure the shock of her brush with death. The rift suddenly closes with an audible boom and an atmospheric shockwave one can feel if not encased in armor. Surveying the battle-torn village, most of the structures' windows have been blasted, one building is nearly totally destroyed, there are a number of shattered skeletal remains strewn across the village, a pair of Xombies trapped in a magic carpet of writhing, grasping tendrils, and John has within his massive, bizarre form a trapped necromancer and another hapless Xombie. Seymour finally finds his camera amid the rubble, and it's intact!

Skill Checks

Vheld:
Ronan:
Seymour:
John:


Map Reveal (open in a new tab)
Map Note: dead enemies have a skull & crossbones icon on their token; energy field represented by a transparent bubble
Schedule Note: The next GM post will be posted by Tuesday, July 30th by midnight.
GM NOTES: These events are not all in chronological order, but categorized (roughly) by character.



What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
[u]Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/ISP/PPE spent
ATRV:
Jack Killian: -30 M.D.C. to armor, -40 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots,
John Altfeld: -244 M.D.
Lahz: Marauder LPC: 240 shots/-40 shots; -30 M.D. to N-F50A Force Field
  • Tony: -11 M.D. to Cyborg Armor
Mierin: JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -30 M.D.C. to crystal armor, -17 I.S.P., -51 M.D. to Psionic Forcefield; Harvester destroyed; 4th Psionic Forcefield activation
Ronan: -15 M.D.C. to armor
Seymour:
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; -38 M.D.C. from FF
Vheld: -90 P.P.E.; -1 charge to invincible armor talisman, -16 S.D.C.; -18 M.D. to Invincible Armor
  • Minions: -1 charge each to minion invincible armor talismans
  • Bel Dar: -4PPE
  • Brokswa: -22 M.D. to Invincible Armor
William Summers: -38 P.P.E., -58 MD
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5266
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:04 am

JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 97
PER: 1d100 = 79 vs. 76%
Conditions
  • At a ley line (x2 range, duration, damage of spells/magic effects and +50% range/duration of psychic powers, all factored in below; can draw 10 PPE or 1d6+1 ISP per round).
  • Energy fields have 120 MDC and a duration of 80 minutes after ley line boost.
  • Invincible armor from talismans has 220 MDC, 53.25/54m remaining, regenerates 1d6 MDC/melee, takes half damage from all magical or mundane energy attacks, is fully environmental, and conveys -15% to physical skills.
  • Storm staff remains active for 17 melee rounds, can fire four lightning bolts per melee.
  • Targeted deflection, 18 melees remaining, see auto-parries.
  • Sense magic, 40m remaining, 120ft area.
  • Carpet of adhesion, 99 melees remaining


Trust/Intimidate- 1d100 = 96 vs. 65%
To try and put the villagers at ease.

With all immediate threats subdued, Vheld looks around just in time to see the last Necromancer escape. Pity. Could have been useful. Getting on the team's radio frequency, he repots "Deuce here. I have captured two of the zombie-things. I'm going to see what I can learn about their... condition. If it can be reversed, now is as good a time as any to try. Otherwise, I think the best we can do is put them out of their misery."

Once Wak, or one of the other heroic types starts organizing an evacuation of the villagers, Vheld will dispel the energy fields he used to protect some of them and say "Go now- you are free. I suggest finding someplace new to live in case they come back." He'll add a crooked smile at the end, in an awkward (and momentary) attempt to put the villagers at ease before promptly dropping it. Oh, let them panic. The cyber-knight can handle it.

The next immediate order of business is to gather his minions. Vheld will wave Brokswa and Slithn over, and walk towards Sil and the others- his adhesion of the two Xombies will last for nearly half an hour, so he's not yet concerned about them breaking free (though he won't dilly-dally). Ignoring Bel'Dar's fear in the face of the illusion, Vheld will issue new orders. "Replenish any energies you can from the ley line, then take up defensive positions around the ARTV and await further instructions. Brokswa, retrieve your hammer. Sshir, you can dispel your ice now." Vheld will take his own advice in that regard, drawing as much energy as he can to replenish his reserves while the rest of the team recovers and organizes themselves ((will update PPE totals after time has passed)).

Then, it's back to the Xombies. Vheld examines them for a few minutes, but concludes that his study of such creatures has already told him all that it can. Fingering his amulet (removing the rest of his jewelry if necessary), he will 'say' Pull some energy from the ley line and show me their auras. Right now, the shifter has two working theories about the nature of the Xombies based on his background research in MercTown- it is either a specialized form of necromancy magic, or an unusual form of possession. Vheld's working theory is the former- while his medallion calls up the Xombies' auras to rule out the latter, Vheld casts sense magic to see if he can detect active enchantments on either of them.

If the Xombies' auras reveal signs of possession, Vheld will radio the team. "These undead appear to be the victims of possession. I would like to attempt an exorcism if we have a few minutes to spare." Barring any objections from the team, Vheld will then pull energy from the ley line and attempt an exorcism of the Xombies.

If Vheld detects that the Xombies are the victims of an enchantment, he will as an experiment cast a small anti-magic cloud over them to see if that dispels the magic. Vheld knows it won't be a permanent solution, but for the time being he merely wishes to test his theory.

If Vheld notices that John has captured a necromancer, he will smile widely and get on the radio "Bring me the necromancer. You can drop that Xombie with the others, too- they won't be going anywhere for a few minutes." Vheld will repeat his examination with the Harvester- examining his aura and checking for signs of magical enchantment. Should the necromancer's aura reveal anything even hinting of possession (or anything else particularly unusual), Vheld will try the exorcism spell on it as well. Why not- Nxla could operate by fragmenting its essence and placing it within willing followers. Perhaps expelling it will prove interesting.

Assuming the necromancer is still alive, Vheld will turn to his minions again. "Slithn. Attend me." It's a risk. She was talking back earlier. But she's also the best interrogator we have. Pointing to the necromancer, Vheld commands his minion. "Find out everything he knows." Slithn hisses, but obeys- drawing from the ley line as much additional ISP as necessary and using mind bond on the captive.

Ultimately, if Vheld has learned all that he can and proven unable to restore the Xombies, he will report such to the group and request permission to put them out of their misery. If granted, he will fire lightning bolts until all the Xombie prisoners are dead. He will defer what to do about the necromancer to the team leaders.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:25 am

Perception: 1d100 = 11 / 73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 74

CONDITIONS: John is at maximum size and is pebbles.

As the adrenaline of combat leaves his system, John realizes the grave danger to the villagers inside the building he stands beside. He steps forward, and sits on the ground (between the window and Xombie 2). "Oh damn, oh god! Hold still, I'll get you all out of there!"

He carefully breaks the window out - if the villagers are able to get to the window, he carefully lifts them out, one by one, setting them away from the Xombies. If necessary, he slowly pours part of himself into the room, protecting the villagers with his body and pressing out against the structure to prevent a cave-in. He then shifts the villagers out of the building.

Once the villagers are safe, since John can't hear things being said over the radio, he pulls out the Xombie with one of his hands and says. "I have this one and one of the mages. He tickles. Does anyone have chains to bind them or some other restraints?"

Assuming Vheld repeats himself, John sets the Xombie down on the Carpet of Adhesion, but won't let the mage go unless they can bind him somehow. "If there aren't any restraints, we could take his hands off."

After the Xombie and mage are taken care of, he turns to Jack, Ronan and Mierin. "What the hell, you guys? You just ran off! Yeah, those tentacle things were gross, but the little furry guy didn't even run! And Jack, I had to put out a fire! Making and putting out fires is your whole thing!"

It's definitely their fault the skeleton managed to kidnap those poor webbed people and these other guys almost got crushed...
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:22 am

Jack stays back a bit following the two new ones Mierin and Ronan. He surveys the scene of broken glass all around him, after the rift snapped closed. The fighting seems over and smoke rises to the building to the front and in front of him he extinguishes them

He then looks over the zombies and bone fiends, he doesn’t feel good about his lack of participation in this battle, he takes being a coward at an important time seriously. He knows it was magic that caused it and he is aware that he like some of the others did not have control.

“So now what? Check on the people maybe?” “Boss, Volcano here. If any of the villagers need medical attention. Seed them over my way.”

Sinder waits and sees who needs attention the most.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 30

Condition:
OOC Comments
Multi-Optic eyes
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare


After the Xombie and mage are taken care of, he turns to Jack, Ronan and Mierin. "What the hell, you guys? You just ran off! Yeah, those tentacle things were gross, but the little furry guy didn't even run! And Jack, I had to put out a fire! Making and putting out fires is your whole thing!"


Mierin raises an eyebrow when the large stack of pebbles starts berating her, Jack and Ronan. Part of her considers shooting Pebbles for insinuating in any way that she might be a coward who ran away at the sign of a fight, but then she shakes her head. Not only would it caused strained relations between the Squad and the other team, Mierin had never seen a pile of talking pebbles before. Who knew how much, if any, damage she would actually do if she shot Pebbles. In the end, Pebble's opinion meant nothing to her, so all she says out loud in a calm tone of voice is, ”I didn't run.” She then walks away from Pebbles, Jack and Ronan and rejoins Lahz and Vheld, taking care to not interfere in what Vheld was doing unless he asks for assistance. To Lahz, she asks, ”OK, what's the plan?”
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:41 pm

OOC Comments
Fire Linking wrote:(There's no "alpha-strike" option in Palladium so far as I'm aware that allows for linking totally dissimilar systems. PM if you have contrary info.)


NG2, Page 159
NG-OUE2 Dual Weapon System Over and Under Combined Energy Weapons
"One heavy and one light energy weapon ... can be combined into a dual weapon system built into the nose ... Available as a fixed forward weapon or built into a simple, basic, or ball-style turret. The Weapons [can] fire independent of eachother and the driver can switch from one to the other as he desires. Linked fire to shoot at the same time simultaneously with both weapons is available for an extra cost ... 4500 Credits to install a Linked Fire system so that both weapons can fire simultaneously at the same target."

Lahz is NG certified
NGCME Card
Image
  • Northern Gun Certified Mechanical Engineer


Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 16 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: 1d100 = 87

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary], Marauder PA

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 9

With combat ostensibly largely complete, Lahz finds his feet and off the ice still bearing the large bludgeon, "Everyone Ok? ... "

John Altfeld wrote:Assuming Vheld repeats himself, John sets the Xombie down on the Carpet of Adhesion, but won't let the mage go unless they can bind him somehow. "If there aren't any restraints, we could take his hands off."


*Where's that Fireguy? Can he get over here and melt this ridiculous Ice? Hell can someone kill those fires over there? ... Did he say take his hands off ?!?!?* a hearty guffaws echoes out over the Marauder's speakers, "Clip his hands off? My recollection was that folks were a bit squeamish about that sort of thing earlier ... [Language: Demogogian 63%]: 1d100 = 13] "Blood and Ashes I am not liking those things ... and I suppose I need to pick up something Magic for you Tony if the Naruni blade is not going to be effective."

Mierin wrote:To Lahz, she asks, ”OK, what's the plan?”


The Psi-Tech drops his speaker volume an leans down to Mierin, "Well, I guess we see what Deuce turns up. Check to see what the Rat-kid got on film to use in recruiting."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:50 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 42 / 1d20 = 11
Perception [19%]: 1d100 = 26
Intelligence [54%]: 1d100 = 37 (Try to determine if his Water Spout would have even been effective given how his punches and whatnot weren't)

Ronan scowls as he realizes just how new an environment he is in. I hardly got a crash course and now there are little twig things that can take a punch of mine. Too little water in the area for that to be effective and the only flesh is from my allies, civilians and... yeah He finds himself thinking while silently assessing how he can adjust for the next engagement. His train of thought is broken by the giant rock monster speaking to him, Jack and Mierin.

Pebbles wrote:"What the hell, you guys? You just ran off! Yeah, those tentacle things were gross, but the little furry guy didn't even run! And Jack, I had to put out a fire! Making and putting out fires is your whole thing!"


Ronan responds with a shrug. "Hey, I've been on this planet all of two hours, still learning the rules of the land, there really should be a pamphlet. Not used to things taking a few punches of mine and standing, either. " He answers and will follow Mierin to where Lahz is.

"And can I get more of a rundown on what our adversary is? My usual fall backs are not working well against flying monsters and skeleton knights unfortunately. New terrain, so advice would be welcome." Ronan adds to Mierin's question in general [Intelligence], sheepishly tacking on, directly to Lahz. "Oh, and they did a number on your armor."

Vheld wrote:"Bring me the necromancer. You can drop that Xombie with the others, too- they won't be going anywhere for a few minutes."


Ronan will queue his radio and add, "If any help is needed or wanted in questioning him, let me know. It is well within my purview and a former responsibility back home."
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:57 am

Init: 1d20 = 9
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 3
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 20
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 3


Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 68

Skills
Charm/Impress: 5% /1d100 = 71 - schmooze
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% /1d100 = 59 - schmooze
Save vs. Horror Factor: 1d20 = 13

Post -
Seymour’s tail and ears go straight up as he hears the door open. At the same time he finds the handle of his camera, he grabs his empress pistol with his dominant hand. “Oh! Good, they left. Now i can concentrate on digging my camera out.’ He lets out an audible sigh, and proceeds to dig out his camera.


Seeing it is in one piece, seymour lets out a ”WOOT!!” He picks up the camera and heads outside to meet up with the others. As he exits the building, he draws his empress. With his empress in one hand, and hisevder present camera on the opposite shoulder, Seymour finds the others.

Bb]’what was that?? One minute, i am trying to help some people then the building turns to some kind of alien thing. I mean walls were pulsating and bleeding… What the hell!!!”[/b] The poor rat guy stands there, obviously disuirbed by what he has witnessed. ”Terry never said anything about stuff like this. WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING??” He will find a quiet spot, not far away, to start his job.

He finds an overturned crate to sit on. Seymour will look over the tape to see what he recorded before the building came to demonic life. Then he will checkout his camera for damage. If all is well, he will try to get shots of the dead zombie things as well as any of the magic type enemies. While avoiding getting any of the team(s) on film.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:05 am

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

John "After the Xombie and mage are taken care of, he turns to Jack, Ronan and Mierin. "What the hell, you guys? You just ran off! Yeah, those tentacle things were gross, but the little furry guy didn't even run! And Jack, I had to put out a fire! Making and putting out fires is your whole thing!"


"Easy Mate, them things we saw affected us more than you. Must have been part of the spell. We had deep fears also so much I almost made piss in me pants.' we got better a bet of the way from the action. just glad that a bunch more of us didn't get the shakes. and me Fires was going to hit the feller up where you were but the spell took affect first."

When, what to do to the Mage, Jack speaks up have jokingly, "If he don't want to talk, Take his tongue too. but these necos can get others people parts can't they? Just shove a good size rock in his mouth and tie a large stick to hold it in place. If you can't find a rock, the old Grenade in the mouth trick works.Just don't pull the pin yet."
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 8 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 7
Save vs Magic: 1d20+9 = 29
Save vs HF: 1d20+4 = 16

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak thinks to the sword, Oh, now you respond. Haven’t heard from you in well over a year, been in constant combat and now you complain about doing your job? As he sees the spell drop, Well, you do do a good job, especially dealing with casters. You are ancient, do you know of this Nxla?

Wak checks the building clear, leads any injured back to the firebug and then heads to the rest of the team. “If he truly is necromancer, be careful and do cut his tongue out if necessary, they are still other ways to question him.” Wak activates telepathy and listens in on the necromancer’s thoughts before and during the interrogation. “Will, take who you need and make sure the perimeter is covered, so no one can sneak up on us?” Damn mages. Damn Magic Zone! He still has his Psi Sword active.

Wak nods, “John leave them alone, it was the damn spell. Fortunately, it was nullified, but spells can have differing effects.” He looks at Ronan, “Yes, sometimes only magic and psi can deal with a situation. Tech and brute strength can have minimal effect, if you don’t have either you will need to be creative. During the war the Coalition learned to be inventive, and they relied on their psychics, more than they liked.” To Lahz, “Are you comparing taking a throughly corrupt necromancer’s hands to prevent further evil, with the cold blooded slaughter of a seemingly innocent woman?” Damn the Spooks are seriously lacking any kind of moral compass? I damn sure don’t like being outnumbered by them!Since we are still relatively close, maybe we should send a small team back to Merctown to pick up another crew? As we seem to have lost a few, and we have a few new guys, another veteran crew might be worth the trip?” Wak grimaces at Vheld, “You and Will are the experts. If you think it will help, we can take the time. Besides, we’ll learn how to counter some of this corruption.”
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:41 pm

ROLLS HELD

After setting down the Xombie on the Carpet of Adhesion, John takes out the necromancer, holding him so he can't move his arms. He holds the death mage towards Vheld and is interrogator minions. "Go ahead, question this bastard." To the necromancer he says "One wrong move and I'll squish you."

When Wakiza responds to Lahz regarding the difference between punishing a kidnapper and murderer vs. the pointless death of an innocent, he points and him with the necromancer and nods in support.

After Wakiza chastises him, John does some quiet sulking.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Hannibal » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:23 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1805
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: unknown village, along the Ohio River

Order of Battle
John is blazing the trail afoot.
Minerva leading NE-ATRV on her MBT-300 Black Talon Motorcycle
NE-ATRV (2/18 tons so far)
  • Ray Robot is piloting the ATRV
  • Sil, Sshir, Slithn are in the cargo bay with Whisper's Mecha Knight PA
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
  • Mierin
Seymour is following in his Cargonaut
Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar are flying alongside the ATRV
Lahz is following ATRV in his Marauder PA
Tony the Tiger-Bot is shadowing Lahz

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation--Achievement Unlocked
  • Recruit help from Magestar--Achievement Unlocked
  • Recruit help from MercTown (Mercs; Another group that's in town even?)
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.

Posted Players
  • Seymour-Spook
  • Ronan-Spook
  • Lahz-Spook
  • Minerva-Spook
  • Mierin-Spook
  • Vheld-Spook
  • John-Roughneck
  • William-Roughneck
  • Jack-Roughneck
  • Wakiza-Roughneck


The art or butchering, how to quarter necromancer. ~ by the JTFA

Wak thinks to the sword, Oh, now you respond. Haven’t heard from you in well over a year, been in constant combat and now you complain about doing your job? As he sees the spell drop, Well, you do do a good job, especially dealing with casters. You are ancient. Do you know of this Nxla?

The sword replies, I know a great many things. I do my job well. I do my job when it is needed. What is it you do, human? Who is complaining now? If you preferred my time of silence, why ask of my knowledge?

With combat ostensibly largely complete, Lahz finds his feet and off the ice still bearing the large bludgeon, "Everyone okay?"

With all immediate threats subdued, Vheld jumps on the team's radio frequency, he reports "Deuce here. I have captured two of the zombie-things. I'm going to see what I can learn about their condition. If it can be reversed, now is as good a time as any to try. Otherwise, I think the best we can do is put them out of their misery."

Vheld dispels the energy fields he used to protect some of the villagers and says "Go now. You are free. I suggest finding someplace new to live in case they come back." The frightened villagers run screaming from the demon whisperer.

Vheld waves Brokswa and Slithn over while walking towards Sil and the others. Brokswa, annoyed at being summoned so casually, says in a booming voice, "Now that we saved your life, do you need us to wipe the split in your backside for you too, master?" With this, Slithn looks toward Brokswa with a menacing smile and says, "These mortals would be dead without us."

Vheld issues new orders to his minions, "Replenish any energies you can from the ley line, then take up defensive positions around the ARTV and await further instructions. Brokswa, retrieve your hammer. Sshir, you can dispel your ice now." He fingers his amulet says Pull some energy from the ley line and show me their auras.

The shrill feminine voice that responds to him in his head is brooking no commands. No. You've yet to show me the respect I deserve. A pox on you! The amulet then goes quite silent.

Vheld will turn to his minions again. "Slithn, attend me." Pointing to the necromancer, Vheld commands his minion. "Find out everything he knows."

Slithn hisses, "Pathetic! Do you do anything for yourself? Are you afraid of getting your hands dirty, master? He draws close to Vheld, looks upon him, then turns from him in visible disgust to regard the necromancer.

John realizes the grave danger to the villagers inside the building. He steps forward and sits on the ground. In his current state, he booms loudly, "Oh damn, oh god! Hold still, I'll get you all out of there!" He carefully breaks the window out with his pinky finger and looks in. The villagers back away in terror. John starts to pour his body through the window using his pebble self like a conveyor belt to remove the villagers from the building while they claw at him trying to free themselves. Once outside, they take off running, scared and oblivious to the carnage that is the former village. John pulls the Xombie out from within himself and says. "I have this one and one of the mages. He tickles. Does anyone have chains to bind them or some other restraints?"

Hearing John, Vheld smiles widely and yells back"Bring me the necromancer. You can drop that Xombie with the others, too. They won't be going anywhere for a few minutes." John sets the Xombie down on the carpet of adhesion, then reaches inside himself to pull the necromancer out.

Vheld examines the Harvester looking at his aura and checking for signs of magical enchantment. He sees a terrible evil in the black mage. He senses a great deal of magic in the man as well but no signs of possession. While Vheld examines the necromancer John asks, "If there aren't any restraints, we could take his hands off." Hearing this Jack replies with a sly smile, "If he don't want to talk, Take his tongue too. but these necos can get other people parts can’t they? Just shove a good size rock in his mouth and tie a large stick to hold it in place. If you can't find a rock, the old Grenade in the mouth trick works. Just don't pull the pin yet."

Wak checks the building clear, leads any injured back to the firebug and then heads to the rest of the team. "If he truly is a necromancer, be careful and cut his tongue out if necessary. There are still other ways to question him. Will, take who you need and make sure the perimeter is covered so no one can sneak up on us.

A hearty guffaws echoes out over the Marauder's speakers, "Clip his hands off? My recollection was that folks were a bit squeamish about that sort of thing earlier. [Language: Demogogian] "Blood and Ashes I am not liking those things. I suppose I need to pick up something magic for you Tony, if the Naruni blade is not going to be effective."

Wak replies to Lahz, "Are you comparing taking a thoroughly corrupt necromancer’s hands to prevent further evil, with the cold blooded slaughter of a seemingly innocent woman? Since we are still relatively close, maybe we should send a small team back to Merctown to pick up another crew. As we seem to have lost a few, and we have a few new guys, another veteran crew might be worth the trip." Wak grimaces at Vheld, "You and Will are the experts. If you think it will help, we can take the time. Besides, we’ll learn how to counter some of this corruption."

Jack stays back a bit, following Mierin and Ronan. He surveys the scene of broken glass all around him from the rift snapping closed. The fighting seems over, so he extinguishes the remaining fires. He then looks over the zombies and bone fiends. He doesn’t feel good about his lack of participation in this battle. He takes being a coward at an important time very seriously. He knows it was magic that caused his reaction, and he is aware that he, like some of the others, did not have control. He calls over the radio, "Boss, Volcano here. If any of the villagers need medical attention, send them over my way."

John turns to Jack, Ronan and Mierin. "What the hell, you guys? You just ran off! Yeah, those tentacle things were gross, but the little furry guy didn't even run! And Jack, I had to put out a fire! Making and putting out fires is your whole thing!"

Jack immediately replies, "Easy, mate. Them things we saw affected us more than you. Must have been part of the spell. We had deep fears so that I almost made piss in me pants. We got better a bit away from the action. Just glad that a bunch more of us didn't get the shakes. And me Fires was going to hit the feller up where you were, but the spell took affect first."

Joining in the conversation, Mierin says out loud in a calm tone of voice, "I didn't run." She then walks away from John, Jack, and Ronan, and rejoins Lahz and Vheld. To Lahz, she asks, "Okay, what's the plan?"

The Psi-Tech drops his speaker volume and leans down to Mierin, "Well, I guess we see what Deuce turns up. Check to see what the rat-kid got on film to use in recruiting."

Wak nods, "John, leave them alone. It was the damn spell. Fortunately, it was nullified, but spells can have differing effects."

Wak looks to Ronan, "Yes, sometimes only magic and psi can deal with a situation. Tech and brute strength can have minimal effect. If you don’t have either, you will need to be creative. During the war, the Coalition learned to be inventive, and they relied on their psychics way more than they liked."

Obviously upset by the accusation, Ronan replies with a shrug, "Hey, I've been on this planet all of two hours, still learning the rules of the land, there really should be a pamphlet. Not used to things taking a few punches of mine and standing, either."

Ronan then follows Mierin to where Lahz is and finishes, "And can I get more of a rundown on what our adversary is? My usual fall-backs are not working well against flying monsters and skeleton knights unfortunately. New terrain, so advice would be welcome."

Turning to Vheld, Ronan says, "If any help is needed or wanted in questioning him, let me know. It is well within my purview and a former responsibility back home."

With his pistol in one hand, and his ever-present camera on his opposite shoulder, Seymour finds the others. "What was that? One minute, I am trying to help some people, then the building turns to some kind of alien thing. I mean walls were pulsating and bleeding. What the hell!" The poor rat guy stands there, obviously disturbed by what he has witnessed. Tired and mentally worn, he finds a place to sit. Seymour turns the camera around looking for damage, and is relieved to see the cap is still on the lens. It is at that moment that he realizes that the lens cap did two things: it protected the lens and it blocked all the footage. Reviewing the footage, he quickly realizes that he must have done something wrong at the cave because he still has footage of the spooks and roughnecks burying some village lady.

John holds the death mage towards Vheld and his interrogator minions. "Go ahead, question this bastard." To the necromancer he says, "One wrong move and I'll squish you."

The necromancer smiles. "Why should I fear death, you titanic idiot?"

Slithn approaches the necromancer and smiles appreciatively. "Oh, I like this fellow. His aura is so dark as to be the void itself," he says to no one in particular. Upon reaching the necromancer, his smile broadens and he speaks to him. "I see you've no fear of me or your situation, but are actually aroused in anticipation of death. Remarkable." Slithn flashes a look of pure contempt back at Vheld. "This man is in every way your superior! Sleep at your own peril, fool!" He returns his attention to the necromancer, "Alas, I must do as bid for now. This will not kill you, but it will likely be agony." Slithn momentarily pauses, somewhat taken aback by a light moan escaping the Harvester, "I see you relish this. You're practically panting. Very well, allow me to please you." Slith lays his hands on either side of the Harvester's face. Simultaneously, Slithn moans with something akin to ecstasy as the necromancer screams in a sick mix of delight and pain. After a few moments, Slithn licks the side of the man's painted face and releases him. "You're an absolute horror, mortal. Were it not for these idiots in command of me, I'd love to join you in your plans. They're absolutely ghastly!"

Slithn glares at Vheld once more. "What do you wish to know of this man? Oh, and kill him if you wish. He's looking forward to it; believes he'll be a martyr to his dark god."

Skill Checks

Vheld:
Ronan:
Seymour:
John:


[url]Map Reveal[/url] (open in a new tab)
Map Note: dead enemies have a skull & crossbones icon on their token; energy field represented by a transparent bubble
Schedule Note: The next GM post will be posted by Tuesday, July 30th by midnight.
GM NOTES:



What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
[u]Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/ISP/PPE spent
ATRV:
Jack Killian: -30 M.D.C. to armor, -40 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots,
John Altfeld: -244 M.D.
Lahz: Marauder LPC: 240 shots/-40 shots; -30 M.D. to N-F50A Force Field
  • Tony: -11 M.D. to Cyborg Armor
Mierin: JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -30 M.D.C. to crystal armor, -17 I.S.P., -51 M.D. to Psionic Forcefield; Harvester destroyed; 4th Psionic Forcefield activation
Ronan: -15 M.D.C. to armor
Seymour:
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; -38 M.D.C. from FF
Vheld: -90 P.P.E.; -1 charge to invincible armor talisman, -16 S.D.C.; -18 M.D. to Invincible Armor
  • Minions: -1 charge each to minion invincible armor talismans
  • Bel Dar: -4PPE
  • Brokswa: -22 M.D. to Invincible Armor
William Summers: -38 P.P.E., -58 MD
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Hannibal » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:23 am

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1805
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: unknown village, along the Ohio River



Electric Dreams - Wakiza's Telepathic Update

Wakiza opens his mind to the death mage, a darkness immediately overwhelms him.

John holds the death mage towards Vheld and his interrogator minions. "Go ahead, question this bastard." To the necromancer he says, "One wrong move and I'll squish you."

The necromancer smiles. "Why should I fear death, you titanic idiot?"


Wakiza senses a welcoming of death in the mage's mind, Please, please. Oh yes, please give it to me!

Slithn approaches the necromancer and smiles appreciatively. "Oh, I like this fellow. His aura is so dark as to be the void itself," he says to no one in particular.


In Wakiza's mind he hears, Are you the one? Are you to bring me to my ultimate glory? Did they choose you because they are too weak? Their hearts are not strong like ours. They are unable to know the glory and blessings of the master evil incarnate.

Upon reaching the necromancer, his smile broadens and he speaks to him. "I see you've no fear of me or your situation, but are actually aroused in anticipation of death. Remarkable."


The necromancer's thought are strong and clear to Wakiza at this point, Your power is awesome. Your thoughts are gloriously dark. To give my life to one of such magnitude is my ultimate dream.

Slithn flashes a look of pure contempt back at Vheld. "This man is in every way your superior! Sleep at your own peril, fool!"


Please, please. Make me your toy. I am strong, I can endure. I will enjoy! The link Wakiza feels is stronger than he has known before. Be it the ley line or something else he begins to feel the emotion above the surface thoughts. He begins to feel inside himself a longing, a desire to be touched. He starts to feel aroused.

Slithn returns his attention to the necromancer, "Alas, I must do as bid for now. This will not kill you, but it will likely be agony." Slithn momentarily pauses, somewhat taken aback by a light moan escaping the Harvester, "I see you relish this. You're practically panting. Very well, allow me to please you." Slith lays his hands on either side of the Harvester's face. Simultaneously, Slithn moans with something akin to ecstasy as the necromancer screams in a sick mix of delight and pain. After a few moments, Slithn licks the side of the man's painted face and releases him. "You're an absolute horror, mortal. Were it not for these idiots in command of me, I'd love to join you in your plans. They're absolutely ghastly!"


Wakiza is caught in a wild storm or ecstasy, death, pain and love. His mind is violently thrust through what seems like a century of pain. Desired pain. He falls to the ground, writhing. His body flush with the heat of lust. Oddly the longer he is connected the more he desires. Oh please. Don't stop! Take it all! Take all of me! Bring me to the promised land. Fulfill my destiny. Feed on my life. Use my strength to open the minds of all to the power of death and pain. The necromancer's thoughts are perfectly clear as if they are Wakiza's own.

Wakiza feels his mind being drawn to another, a different entity. Not the necromancer. Something much darker. Pure Evil. It calls to him in his mind. A deep evil sensual pleasure washes over his whole body. As the pain increases so does the sense of the "other". The more he feels the other the more his body is flush with pleasure. Then nothing. As sudden as it all began, it stops. He opens his eyes looking up at Slithn and the necromancer.

Slithn glares at Vheld once more. "What do you wish to know of this man? Oh, and kill him if you wish. He's looking forward to it; believes he'll be a martyr to his dark god."


Wakiza can feel what seems to be sobbing in the necromancer's mind, No. You are not finished. You can't leave me like this. You must finish. I am ready!

Map Reveal (open in a new tab)
Map Note: dead enemies have a skull & crossbones icon on their token; energy field represented by a transparent bubble
Schedule Note: The next GM post will be posted by Tuesday, August 6th by midnight.
GM NOTES:



What are your intentions?
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:21 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 76 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 8
JiC D100: 1d100 = 65

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary], Marauder PA

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 80

===================

With combat ostensibly largely complete, Lahz finds his feet and off the ice still bearing the large bludgeon, "Everyone Ok? ... "

Ronan wrote:"And can I get more of a rundown on what our adversary is? My usual fall backs are not working well against flying monsters and skeleton knights unfortunately. New terrain, so advice would be welcome." Ronan adds to Mierin's question in general [Intelligence], sheepishly tacking on, directly to Lahz. "Oh, and they did a number on your armor."


The tail end of a sigh emits from the Marauder's speakers, followed by the sounds of air and the seals breaking as Lahz begnins to emerge from his mechanical cocoon. As he does so, Lahz addresses the New-D-Bee, "Way to ask big vague questions Ronan. Look, this is Rifts Earth man. Frakking the humans started off as dominant race on this planet for thousands of years ... then the Rifts happened. They are magic warps and tears in space-time or whatever, and bam the humans are no longer along. There's magic demons and shit all over ... and folks are arriving, many involuntarily, through Rifts and portals from all over the known and unknown universe because this Planet's like a frakking hotspot. No idea why. Some stuff can only be hurt by specific things like silver, or magic, or wood, I keep waiting to run into something with a special vulnerability to frakking cupcakes, I kid you not ..." The Psi-Tech pulls a weird looking gun-reminiscent item (Universal Energy to Matter Converter (Patron Item)) from his belt and points it at Ronan, "This thing is supposed to fix stuff hold still."

2 blasts later (OOC Armor was -15 MD, UEMC repairs 10 per shot) the Arrow-Ride armor looks unblemished and Lahz is unhitching a knife sheath from his belt, "To give you no response at all to your frakking question, we have been hired to go out and investigate something called Nxla which is apparently an extra-dimensional being that likes to mind-frak things and take over souls to make people into mindless zombies. Not sure why, not sure how to stop it. Basically the guy who gave the job had shit for intelligence of both the literal and figurative nature ... or maybe he just thought if he was up front no one would sign on to save the world. Which y'know could happen, but since we're living here for now, I kind of wanna keep that brain-frakking out of my daughter so it seemed better to get paid to investigate or stop it than to do so for free ... So anyways, where was I? ... Magic, which cheats physics and is just wrong on many frakking levels, tends to hurt almost everything. This is my backup and you can damn well be sure I want it back ..."

Code: Select all
[b]Dwarven Long Knife[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/01/20180901191008-d672585d.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Rare Enchanted Knife[/i]
Damage: 2D8+4
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Super-Sharpness: +4 to damage, but more importantly it lowers the required roll for a critical strike by two points.
[*]Additional Damage: One die of damage is added to the weapon's normal damage.[/list]
Curse: (if any)
History: (if any)[/size]


The Psi-Tech turns and wrinkles his nose a bit at the acrid smell of burning building (and probably flesh) to suit back up in the Marauder, "Do not lose or break that thing or I am going to be very aggravated with you. Then I guess you would get to see the violence I dish out without pay."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:12 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 74 / 1d20 = 10
Perception [19%]: 1d100 = 28
Recognize Weapon Quality [39%]: 1d100 = 65 (Determine if THIS weapon will work against magical beasties)

Lahz wrote:"This is my backup and you can damn well be sure I want it back ..." ... "Do not lose or break that thing or I am going to be very aggravated with you. Then I guess you would get to see the violence I dish out without pay."


Ronan takes in his introduction, if one could call it that. Sounds like my case. Not sure I am fond of the idea of magic at the moment. Volatile. Ronan finds himself thinking during Lahz's explanation. When Lahz hands him the Dwarven Long Knife, Ronan secures it on his vest. "The only place this dirk will go is back to you once I can find something more permanent. I appreciate the loan. Not too keen on this magic stuff, though having something that can actually hurt the magical beasties takes the edge off. Here" Ronan will return the Big Bore Hammer, either to the APC or to Lahz/Tony. Why couldn't Miranda or John have fallen with me. Their expertise in this type of area would've been invaluable. Ronan thinks, still wrapping his head around the cluster bomb he landed on.

He'll take a moment to examine the blade, drawing it from the sheath on his vest and examining it [Recognize Weapon Quality]. Seems sharp, must be to be considered a back up.. though some seem to use the term 'Back Up' and 'Worthless' interchangeably when talking about equipment so better check. Ronan thinks, and barring any revelations from his weapon check, pokes his finger with the blade and winces. Yep, sharp. Wow, it bled me. Okay. That works. Ronan says with a smile and will nod again to Lahz, re-sheathing it and massaging his finger. The wound would vanish in under a minute due to his regeneration or flesh health.

Returned Big Bore
Code: Select all
[b]NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer[/b]
[img]http://nullfactor.net/eu/images/weapons/rifts/wb33/ng-b50-thunderer-100px.png[/img][list][list][size=85][b]On Loan by [url=http://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=988&p=1365289#p1365289]Lahz[/url][/b][/size]
[*]Range: Melee
[*]Damage:
[list][*]Melee: 2D6 +P.S. damage bonus (if any), double damage to vampires
[*]Melee w/Silver Rounds: 5D6, double damage to vampires & werebeasts
[*]Melee w/Wood Rounds: 2d6+2, double damage to vampires
[*]M.D. Melee: +1D6 M.D. +base P.S. damage
[*]Melee w/BigBore: 2D4 M.D. per shell[/list]
[*]Rate of Fire: N/A, melee weapon; see features
[*]Payload: 8 total, 4 per each side of the hammer. Reloading takes 2 actions per shell.
[*]Weight: 14 lbs.
[*]Features: Silver-plated; can hold BigBore, silver, or wood shells; 1D4 shells/rounds discharged on impact
[*]Modifiers: none
[*]Book Reference: p.208, WB33[/list][/list]


Ronan will watch from a comfortable distance, albeit with caution, the interaction with the Necromancer and will trigger his Flesh Sense to get a read on the mage. To Lahz, Mierin or really anyone near enough to hear him."So, color me naive on this. Probably shouldn't kill a martyr, that's bad form, but this Necromancer uses magic; can that same said magic be, I don't know, cut off? Mute the sod to this magic? With such a crazy world as this one, I can't imagine the local population didn't create cancellation effects; I know we did back where I came from for extreme cases."
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:52 am

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 31
JIC d20: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 89

Jack tries to take care of anyone that has a serious injury. Little scratches will heal on their own cuts broken bones need more attention.He doesn’t want to use all his energy so he is trying to do his best with limited energy.

Afterwards Jack starts searching the bone demons and the dead zombies for anything useful. “Hey mates, get these things in a pile so we can burn them. We don’t need them to be used again against us or others.”

Jack takes his E-clip and puts it in the charger, and replaces it with another E-clip.

Plasma bolt 2d6 and super fuel 4 (ISP)& 8 (ISP)

Jack takes his E-clip and puts it in the charger, and replaces it with another E-clip.

Healing Touch (6 I.S.P.)
If Needed (someone is about to bite the big one)
Psychic Diagnosis (4)
Psychic Surgery (14)
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:31 am

Perception: 1d100 = 51 / 73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 97

As Brokswa struts around, talking smack to Vheld and mortals in general, John reaches over and flicks him in the back, launching him into the air. "Don't be a dick. The mortals were fine."

He then looks down and realizes what's going on in his hand. "Oh gross! No! What is that even?!? That's not okay!"

Then Slithn starts dissing Vheld.

Damn, Vheld has shitty management skills.

John tries to knock Slithn down using the necromancer's head...

"And you also shouldn't... uh..."

He pauses and frowns as the necromancer passes through Slithn. "Um... be rude to your... whatever Vheld is. Dom?"

John waves the necromancer at Slithn again.

"Does this perv know how to keep our souls from getting sucked out and/or how to fix these unsouled guys?"

Well, no more sleeping until I figure out how to kill intangible things.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Minerva » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 77/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 32

Minerva watches distraught as her primary weapon is destroyed by the bone fiend. In a flash, the combatants are all vanished or captured, leaving her very little recourse. That was a gift from a god and I let it be destroyed. Well, I shall win this day and not have let this be for nothing.

Lahz wrote:"Everyone Ok? ... "

”No. One of these fuckers destroyed the gift Hades gave me. I'm far from OK.” Minerva spends a moment gathering fragments from the destroyed item and placing them in one of the pouches of her belt. ”Get the information we need so we can move on.”
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Next

Return to Spook Squad/Roughnecks/MARS Joint Adventure

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron