The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

The Spook Squad & the Roughnecks team up to tackle a dangerous, high stakes mission in the Federation of Magic.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby William Summers » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 41

As his opponent flees into the woods, Will shouts ”Coward!” and turns around to see the battle wrapping up. He lands his hoverboard and looks around at the carnage. ”Well, this was certainly a mess. Better than if we hadn't arrived at all I suppose. A battle was had, some villagers were saved. Perhaps we will save more. Who knows.”

Will absorbs PPE from the ley line to restore what he lost in the battle and beyond that to his capacity of capturing energy (9 minutes/534 PPE). Damn, that feels good! Now to turn that into something that'll last. He chants the words to create an Energy Sphere (-60 PPE) and then pumps 400 PPE of what he's absorbed into it. Then, using the ley line's energy, he absorbs the remaining 400 PPE and releases it into the Energy Sphere over the next 10 minutes, creating a fully charged Energy Sphere (800 PPE) and leaving him with 74 PPE of his own.

Wakiza wrote:Will, take who you need and make sure the perimeter is covered, so no one can sneak up on us?”

”Sure thing boss. Just charging up over here. Since we're at a ley line, I'm creating an energy sphere of magic. Holds a lot of power, but glows bright enough to give us away if we're trying to be sneaky. But in my experience, it could absolutely be worth it.” Will turns to his group Nope, not a damn one of you can fly. John's busy with the interrogation, it's gonna have to be the Spooks. He turns to the Spooks. ”Hey, I need one of you with me to secure the perimeter. Flyers preferred.”
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mierin » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 40 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 86

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

The Psi-Tech drops his speaker volume an leans down to Mierin, "Well, I guess we see what Deuce turns up. Check to see what the Rat-kid got on film to use in recruiting."

Mierin nods at Lahz. ”Makes sense.” She listens to Lahz's more detailed explanation as to what is going on and understands a little better though she shakes her head at the guy having next to no intelligence. 'Typical' Mierin thinks to herself. 'Though Lahz isn't wrong – might as well get paid for this.'

"So, color me naive on this. Probably shouldn't kill a martyr, that's bad form, but this Necromancer uses magic; can that same said magic be, I don't know, cut off? Mute the sod to this magic? With such a crazy world as this one, I can't imagine the local population didn't create cancellation effects; I know we did back where I came from for extreme cases."

Mierin shrugs at Ronan, ”To be honest, I'm not a mage and what I know about magic could fit into a thimble. If I had to guess, I really don't think that's possible, but Vheld would probably have a better idea as to whether it's possible.”

”Hey, I need one of you with me to secure the perimeter. Flyers preferred.”

Mierin glances over at Will and considers volunteering but when he says flyers were preferred, she stay quiet. While her hovercycle could go up in the air, it only went up about 60 feet so she didn't feel it was enough for securing the perimiter. Mierin glances around and wonders idly if the newcomer, Ronan, could fly or not. 'Who the hell knows since he's apparently not from around here.' Mierin thinks to herself.
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 50/50
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 13 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 36
Save vs Magic: 1d20+9 = 16
Save vs HF: 1d20+4 = 20

Hannibal wrote: The sword replies, I know a great many things. I do my job well. I do my job when it is needed. What is it you do, human? Who is complaining now? If you preferred my time of silence, why ask of my knowledge?

Wak thinks, Well then, what do you know? I wasn't complaining, I've been trying to talk to you several times over the past year and nothing. Now all I get from you are insults and nothing really useful. I've been doing my job killing Sploogs, Vamps and various critters and now you get mouthy?

Wak comes out of his trance, stands up, tries to get his bearings and gets his breathing under control. Well that usually doesn't happen from telepathy. That is one sick puppy. Better to put him out of the world's misery. Vheld's thrall is a bit dark and I communicate with a true Sploog on a regular basis. Better warn John. He switches telepathy to John, "Hey John this is Wak, if one of Vheld's creatures ever get too out of hand with one of the Roughnecks or someone we are protecting, rip off its arms and beat it to death. I'll back you up.

Minerva wrote: ”No. One of these fuckers destroyed the gift Hades gave me. I'm far from OK.”

Wak almost laughs to himself, Well that figures. Not that I can truly say much as I work with Illynncryth to destroy Splnnycryth. But still, it figures that killer gets presents from Hades.

Wak is just waiting to see what the evil Slithn found out from the necromancer, before they make additional plans.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby Hannibal » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:47 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1820
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm

Order of Battle
John is blazing the trail afoot.
Minerva leading NE-ATRV on her MBT-300 Black Talon Motorcycle
NE-ATRV (2/18 tons so far)
  • Ray Robot is piloting the ATRV
  • Sil, Sshir, Slithn are in the cargo bay with Whisper's Mecha Knight PA
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
  • Mierin
Seymour is following in his Cargonaut
Vheld, Brokswa, & Bel'Dar are flying alongside the ATRV
Lahz is following ATRV in his Marauder PA
Tony the Tiger-Bot is shadowing Lahz

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation--Achievement Unlocked
  • Recruit help from Magestar--Achievement Unlocked
  • Recruit help from MercTown (Mercs; Another group that's in town even?)
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.

Posted Players
  • Seymour-Spook
  • Ronan-Spook
  • Lahz-Spook
  • Minerva-Spook
  • Mierin-Spook
  • Vheld-Spook
  • John-Roughneck
  • William-Roughneck
  • Jack-Roughneck
  • Wakiza-Roughneck

Stunned, Just stunned
As his opponent flees into the woods, Will shouts ”Coward!” and turns around to see the battle wrapping up. He lands his hoverboard and looks around at the carnage. ”Well, this was certainly a mess. Better than if we hadn't arrived at all I suppose. A battle was had, some villagers were saved. Perhaps we will save more. Who knows?”
Wakiza wrote:Will, take who you need and make sure the perimeter is covered, so no one can sneak up on us?”

”Sure thing boss. Just charging up over here. Since we're at a ley line, I'm creating an energy sphere of magic. Holds a lot of power, but glows bright enough to give us away if we're trying to be sneaky. But in my experience, it could absolutely be worth it.” Will turns to the group then looks for spooks. ”Hey, I need one of you with me to secure the perimeter. Flyers preferred.” Will goes generally ignored on his request for help.

Obviously still a little shell shocked from the battle, Lahz addresses the group again in what seems to most as deja vous. "Everyone okay?"

”No. One of these fuckers destroyed the gift Hades gave me. I'm far from okay.” Minerva snaps, obviously distraught at the outcome of the battle. ”Get the information we need so we can move on.”

Lahz seemingly ignores Minvera and starts to climb out of his power armor. The tail end of a sigh emits from the Marauder's speakers, followed by the sounds of air and the seals breaking as Lahz begins to emerge from his mechanical cocoon. As he does so, Lahz addresses the New-D-Bee, "Way to ask big vague questions Ronan. Look, this is Rifts Earth man. Frakking the humans started off as dominant race on this planet for thousands of years. Then the Rifts happened. They are magic warps and tears in space-time or whatever, and bam the humans are no longer along. There's magic demons and shit all over, and folks are arriving, many involuntarily, through rifts and portals from all over the known and unknown universe because this planet's like a frakking hotspot. No idea why. Some stuff can only be hurt by specific things like silver, or magic, or wood, I keep waiting to run into something with a special vulnerability to frakking cupcakes, I kid you not." The psi-tech pulls a weird looking gun-reminiscent item from his belt and points it at Ronan, "This thing is supposed to fix stuff hold still."

Two blasts later the Arrow-Ride armor looks unblemished and Lahz is unhitching a knife sheath from his belt, "To give you no response at all to your frakking question, we have been hired to go out and investigate something called Nxla which is apparently an extra-dimensional being that likes to mind-frak things and take over souls to make people into mindless zombies. Not sure why, not sure how to stop it. Basically the guy who gave the job had shit for intelligence of both the literal and figurative nature, or maybe he just thought if he was up front no one would sign on to save the world. Which y'know could happen, but since we're living here for now, I kind of wanna keep that brain-frakking out of my daughter so it seemed better to get paid to investigate or stop it than to do so for free. So anyways, where was I? Magic, which cheats physics and is just wrong on many frakking levels, tends to hurt almost everything. This is my backup and you can damn well be sure I want it back." The Psi-Tech turns and wrinkles his nose a bit at the acrid smell of burning building (and probably flesh) to suit back up in the Marauder, "Do not lose or break that thing or I am going to be very aggravated with you. Then I guess you would get to see the violence I dish out without pay."

The group stands watching Lahz silently as he gives his dissertation on Earth and what has become of it. Ronan in particular watches closely and listens intently, wide eyed and lost in the new world he has found himself. When Lahz hands him the blade he takes it and says, "The only place this dirk will go is back to you once I can find something more permanent. I appreciate the loan. Not too keen on this magic stuff, though having something that can actually hurt the magical beasties takes the edge off."

Ronan watches the interrogation from a comfortable distance. He activates his Flesh Sense to get a read on the mage and find the man seems normal to a standard sense. To Lahz, Mierin or really anyone near enough to hear him, he says, "So, color me naive on this. Probably shouldn't kill a martyr, that's bad form, but this necromancer uses magic; can that same said magic be, I don't know, cut off? Mute the sod to this magic? With such a crazy world as this one, I can't imagine the local population didn't create cancellation effects; I know we did back where I came from for extreme cases."

Mierin shrugs at Ronan, "To be honest, I'm not a mage and what I know about magic could fit into a thimble. If I had to guess, I really don't think that's possible, but Vheld would probably have a better idea as to whether it's possible."

Jack look to see if anyone has any serious injuries and doesn’t find any. He next moves to searching the bone demons and the dead zombies for anything useful. He takes the weapons from them and puts them in a pile then address the group, “Hey mates, get these things in a pile so we can burn them. We don’t need them to be used again against us or others."

As Brokswa struts around, talking smack to Vheld and mortals in general, John reaches over and flicks him in the back. "Don't be a dick. The mortals were fine." The Demon beast does not move as far as John would hope, he turns and hisses. "Your size does not intimidate me. Feel lucky this week being who has control still lives. If he were no longer I would skin you all and drink your souls." Brokswa moves off turning his back to John showing no fear of reprisal from the large pebble creature.

It is in that moment John looks down to see Slithn, Wak and the necromancer intertwined in pain and ecstasy. He feels the necromancer sweating (he hopes). "Oh gross! No! What is that even?!? That's not okay!" John tries to knock Slithn down using the necromancer's head. "And you also shouldn't..." He pauses and frowns as the necromancer passes through Slithn. "...be rude to your...whatever Vheld is. Dom?" John waves the necromancer at Slithn again. "Does this perv know how to keep our souls from getting sucked out and/or how to fix these unsouled guys?" Slithn looks at John, "You intelligence obviously didn’t grow with your body. I don’t answer to you. That would be even more pathetic than answering to my current meat bag." Slithn turns to Vheld and say, "What do you wish to know?"

Wak has an internal argument with his sword before diving into the dark place that is the necromancer’s mind. When he comes out of his trance, stands up, tries to get his bearings and gets his breathing under control he switches telepathy to John, "Hey John this is Wak, if one of Vheld's creatures ever get too out of hand with one of the Roughnecks or someone we are protecting, rip off its arms and beat it to death. I'll back you up.

Weapons Found
  • 3 Skorblade Short Sword
  • 1 M.D. Mace
  • 2 Vibro-Sword
  • 1 Skorblade Pole Arm

Skill Checks

Vheld:
Ronan:
Seymour:
John:

Schedule Note: The next GM post will be posted by Tuesday, August 13th by midnight.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
[u]Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/ISP/PPE spent
ATRV:
Jack Killian: -30 M.D.C. to armor, -40 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots,
John Altfeld: -244 M.D.
Lahz: Marauder LPC: 240 shots/-40 shots; -30 M.D. to N-F50A Force Field
  • Tony: -11 M.D. to Cyborg Armor
Mierin: JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -30 M.D.C. to crystal armor, -17 I.S.P., -51 M.D. to Psionic Forcefield; Harvester destroyed; 4th Psionic Forcefield activation
Ronan: -15 M.D.C. to armor
Seymour:
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; -38 M.D.C. from FF
Vheld: -90 P.P.E.; -1 charge to invincible armor talisman, -16 S.D.C.; -18 M.D. to Invincible Armor
  • Minions: -1 charge each to minion invincible armor talismans
  • Bel Dar: -4PPE
  • Brokswa: -22 M.D. to Invincible Armor
William Summers: -38 P.P.E., -58 MD
Hannibal
Game Master

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:20 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 17
JIC d20: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 48

Jack drags the downwind, he makes sure the fire would not catch anything else on fire. The then starts a fire. He then increases it so that the bodies burn totally. When things are completely burned he will stop the fire.

Fire Bolt: 4 ISP 2d6 = 7
Super fuel 8 ISP 70 MD
Extinguish Fires: 4 ISP

Jack goes over to the weapons pile and says , "If you don't mind I'll take a pretty Short sword and a Vibroblade. Hey, ronon you might want one of these."
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ronan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:49 am

JiC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 99
Perception [19%]: 1d100 = 5
Recognize Weapon Quality [39%]:1d100 = 32 (So many new weapons for him to figure out)
Jury Rig [39%]: 1d100 = 1
Charm/Impress [29%]: 1d100 = 3

Ronan scowls but resigns that this is not his world. Great, I definitely landed a kill or be killed world. I'm going to need to adapt to ever make it home. Ronan thinks to himself, looking down at his fist and clenching it, less than pleased with his first few encounters.

Jack wrote:"Hey, Ronon you might want one of these."

Ronan glances over to where Jack is with the small assortment of recovered weapons and nods. Gripping the other Vibro-sword and a Skorblade, he'll look over the weapons [Rec. Weap. Qual.] to ensure it can actually hurt SNs and won't break under his strength, then add, "It'll cut things like those bone monsters? I might as well, thank you." Ronan finishes, taking a Vibro-Sword and Skorblade Shortsword. "What is this sword, looks different compared to the other a sword? Looks like a bug blade." Ronan comments on the Skorblade.

Fashioning the two blades to be secured on his right side, the Vibro-sword under the Skorblade (samurai-esqe). He'll check his rig [Jury-rig] to ensure it won't muck up during a fight before finding his way back to where the Spooks are and comment, "Is it always like this?" Partially joking but also serious as he is still new. "I usually like to have dinner with a team before a mission like this, helps set the mood." He jests. [Charm]

Barring anything else, he will watch and wait.

Note: If no-one else claims the final (third) Skorblade Short Sword, Ronan will grab that as well. He will also collect the remaining weapons and pile them on the APC because you can never have too many weapons.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th)
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-RA5 Arrow Ride Armor [b]M.D.C. || Helm: 35|| Arms: 14ea || Legs: 18ea || MB: 30
Carried: [NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer] || DMG: 2d6 + P.S. (37) M.D.C.
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby John Altfeld » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83 / 73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 95

CONDITIONS: John is Pebbles and Full Size. Regenerating Growth MDC.

John is about to react to Slithn, when Wak's voice pops into his head. "Can you... hear what I'm thinking?"

If Wak responds, John thinks, "Will do, commander. The red one doesn't seem like a problem. I can't touch whatever this hovering one is, though. And it's clearly the biggest troublemaker."

He then lifts the necromancer up to 'look him in the eye.' "So, you want to die and that's sexy for you. Okay. I'll make you a deal. Tell me how to protect our souls and fix these soulless guys, spill the beans on your plan. In exchange, I'll squish you. I'll do it slow. Don't say anything and I'll make sure you not only survive today, but I'll personally take you to a secure location. Maybe Lazlo. Maybe Kingsdale. Maybe the Splugorth. Somewhere that they can strip your mind and lock you out from this god you're babbling about. And you'll live a long, safe, life."

Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 16 / 35% (John is sincerely making this offer for what that's worth)

"Hey commander, can your psi-sword hurt Vheld's floaty friend?"
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 62 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 84

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

John Altfeld wrote: John is about to react to Slithn, when Wak's voice pops into his head. "Can you... hear what I'm thinking?"

Wak responds, "Yes, just your surface thoughts, and I won't do this to a teammate without letting them know I'm here. Kinda rude otherwise.''

John Altfeld wrote: If Wak responds, John thinks, "Will do, commander. The red one doesn't seem like a problem. I can't touch whatever this hovering one is, though. And it's clearly the biggest troublemaker."

"Hey commander, can your psi-sword hurt Vheld's floaty friend?"

Lore: Demon & Monsters-- 1d100 = 10 / 93% (to ID Slithn's strengths and weaknesses)

Wak gives a mental shrug, "Well if it can't, Derilian likely will."

Other than that, Wak just waits for Vheld to question his minion. Been around enough of these 'things' during the war. No use questioning it ourselves, we would just get a derisive response. These things are rather predictable.

Over the radio, "Will, any problems out there?"
Wakiza
OOC Comments

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)

• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby William Summers » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 56/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 28

Conditions
PPE: 74/178
Energy Sphere:
  • PPE: 800/800
Invincible Armor:
  • 200/200 MDC
  • 77:30/96 minutes
  • Complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc., and provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply
  • Regenerates damage at the rate of 1D6 M.D.C. per melee round
  • All energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor!
  • -15% to prowl, climb, swim or perform other physical skills
Amulet of See The Invisible:
  • See The Invisible
8th Ring of Elder:
  • Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
  • Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
  • Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.
At Ley Line:
  • Doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells.
  • The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds.
  • Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

With his energy sphere fully charged, Will heads out on his solo scouting mission. You'd think these people had never run an operation before. No response to my damn question. Taking to the air on his wingboard, Will looks around to make sure the area is secure.
Wakiza wrote:Over the radio, "Will, any problems out there?"

If there is any remaining trouble, he'll radio it in.
If everything seems fine, he will radio back such and then spend a moment to take in the scenery before he heads back to the group. With all of the idle time, Will wanders back and forth in the ley line. "It is always glorious when one gets to soak up raw magic like this" he says to no one in particular. While they wait, Will captures PPE from the Ley Line at the same time recovering his own natural PPE by being in the presence of this much magical energy (will update based on timestamp of next GM post).
The Man in Black
William Summers

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:20 am

JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 12
Init: 1d20 = 15
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 71
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 13
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 62

Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 91

Skills
T.V./Video -- 42% / 1d100 = 32

Post -
Seymour shakes his head and with a face palm, ”WTF?? All that and all i got is the first thing i saw?? Stupid me… i need to fix this.” He hits the erase button. After wiping his whole recording, Seymour moves to the others. He sees the bodies and the necro. ”What is going on?” He puts his camera on his shoulder and films the necro, the looted weapons, and any bodies left around. Using all his skills, Seymour does his best to keep the teams off it. ((tv/video))

As he looks over the weapons, Seymour thinks ”Wish i knew how to use those? Those bug blades are cool.” He films what he can, then stops filming, and listens to the others.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
Seymour Ruiz

Postby Minerva » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 65/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 95

Minerva watches as Lahz fixes up Ronan's armor. Me pregunto si eso podría funcionar para mí. She spends the next few minutes scouring the ground for crystalline pieces of her sword. Once she's collected all she can, she'll approach Lahz. "Can you try that machine on my weapon? I took some heavy hits to my body armor as well if you have the ability."

She watches as the Necromancer is questioned and keeps her distance. No necesito ese tipo de negatividad en mi mente.

Translations
Me pregunto si eso podría funcionar para mí.=I wonder if that might work for me?
No necesito ese tipo de negatividad en mi mente.=I don't need that kind of negativity in my mind.
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mierin » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 21

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments

Mierin glances over the weapons pile, but doesn't take anything as she has plenty of weapons of her own.

"Is it always like this?" Partially joking but also serious as he is still new. "I usually like to have dinner with a team before a mission like this, helps set the mood." He jests. [Charm]

Mierin nods at Ronan's question. [b[“Pretty much.”[/b] she replies, ”Sometimes the team has gone up against god-like creatures.” Mierin shrugs as if this were a common place thing to happen. She rolls her eyes and smirks at the dinner comment, ”What kind of a meal goes with this kind of mission?”

Briefly considering using her telepathy to scan the necromancer's mind along with Wakiza, Mierin watches what happens and very quickly changes her mind. 'What in the actual fuck? That's... I don't even know what the hell that is.' Mierin waits to hear what information Vheld can get from his minions.
Mierin

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)

"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:00 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 44 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: 1d100 = 91

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary], Marauder PA

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 50

===================

Ronan wrote:To Lahz, Mierin or really anyone near enough to hear him."So, color me naive on this. Probably shouldn't kill a martyr, that's bad form, but this Necromancer uses magic; can that same said magic be, I don't know, cut off? Mute the sod to this magic? With such a crazy world as this one, I can't imagine the local population didn't create cancellation effects; I know we did back where I came from for extreme cases."

"Turning a mage's access to magic off can be difficult. The Coalition are all about brutal ways to do it via gags, or torture, or forced implants. All sorts of weird crap. For my money, a mage you no longer need to question? ... Better to remove the possibility of a long memory. And burn the bodies to ash so you don't end up with walking dead. Yeah, I said that, so better to be safe."

Minerva wrote:”No. One of these fuckers destroyed the gift Hades gave me. I'm far from OK.” Minerva spends a moment gathering fragments from the destroyed item and placing them in one of the pouches of her belt. ”Get the information we need so we can move on.”

Lahz walks over curiously and proffers his Universal Energy to Matter Converter (Patron Item), "Lets give it a couple shots. Couldn't hurt." He will focus his beam into the Pouch of parts and give it a couple blasts to see whether the sword reforms into 1 piece then 3 shots on Minerva's Armor (fix 30 MD (?)). If successful, he offers a smile, "Well now, this thing seems to have been well worth it."

The Psi-Tech proceeds back over to suit up in the Marauder. If John is still holding the Necromancer up there, Lahz draws his heavy silver mace and waves it casually, "Man are you still fondling that Necromancer up there? ..." he shifts position and looks to Vheld, "If your Deevil-Spirit has picked up all the useful info from his mind, then let us know so we can kill this thing and dispose of the body."

If Vheld confirms, then Lahz asks the Atlantean, "Once the Death mage is disposed of, have Slithn advise of all methods the Necro knew to attack or capture the Souls, how the still living Zombies are made, and all methods to protect one's soul by Nxla ... Hell, why are they gathering peasant Zombies?"

Ronan wrote:Partially joking but also serious as he is still new. "I usually like to have dinner with a team before a mission like this, helps set the mood." He jests.

"We had dinner. You are just really frakking late."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Group Leader

Postby Vheld » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:05 am

JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 72
PER: 1d100 = 6 vs. 76%

Conditions
  • At a ley line (x2 range, duration, damage of spells/magic effects and +50% range/duration of psychic powers, all factored in below; can draw 10 PPE or 1d6+1 ISP per round).
  • Energy fields have 120 MDC and a duration of 80 minutes after ley line boost.
  • Invincible armor from talismans has 220 MDC, 41.25 melees remaining, regenerates 1d6 MDC/melee, takes half damage from all magical or mundane energy attacks, is fully environmental, and conveys -15% to physical skills.
  • Storm staff remains active for 5 melee rounds, can fire four lightning bolts per melee.
  • Targeted deflection, 6 melees remaining, see auto-parries.
  • Sense magic, 28 minutes remaining, 120ft area.
  • Carpet of adhesion, 87 melees remaining
  • Protection from psionics, +3 to save vs. psionics and impervious to mind control of any kind, 20 minutes remaining.

Vheld glances at the spoils of battle, but nothing there interests him- the primary reward for the encounter in his mind is the opportunity to extract information. And, apparently, deal with some rebellious minions.

Hannibal wrote:"Now that we saved your life, do you need us to wipe the split in your backside for you too, master?" With this, Slithn looks toward Brokswa with a menacing smile and says, "These mortals would be dead without us."
"Pathetic! Do you do anything for yourself? Are you afraid of getting your hands dirty, master? He draws close to Vheld, looks upon him, then turns from him in visible disgust to regard the necromancer.
At first, Vheld ignores the backtalk- he wants to take advantage of the necromancer’s knowledge while he can, and upsetting the current détente with Slithn places that at risk. In a calm, level voice he will interrogate his minion. He doesn’t expect the necromancer to know the answers to all of these, but the shifter errs on the side of caution and casts a broad net. He will also command his minion to answer truthfully according to the necromancer’s memories.
Questions
1) Does the necromancer serve a being known as Nxla?
2) What is Nxla’s objective?
3) How does Nxla absorb the souls of its victims?
4) Is there any way to prevent or reverse the soul-absorption process?
5) What vulnerabilities or weaknesses do a) Nxla, b) the necromancers, and c) these soulless xombies have?
6) Where is Nxla currently operating in the magic zone?
7) What is the process for creating these soulless xombies?
8) Does Nxla’s strategy primarily involve ‘Harvesters’ and Xombies, or does he have any agents operating covertly in the Federation of Magic, Dweomer, Stormspire, or nearby communities such as MercTown? If so, does the necromancer know their names and/or identities?
9) Where was that rift transporting those people, and who opened it?
Lahz wrote:"If your Deevil-Spirit has picked up all the useful info from his mind, then let us know so we can kill this thing and dispose of the body."
Vheld shrugs. ”The mind bond persists for several hours regardless of whether the original subject is still alive. I have no further need of him.” Pausing to digest Slithn’s comments regarding the necromancer’s fate, Vheld shrugs. ”Just kill him- he clearly poses a danger to the innocent. He may think he wants whatever this Nxla promised him in what passes for an afterlife, but in my experience such beings tend not to honor their obligations. He may not find the trip as pleasant as he anticipates. Just don't kill him until I can wipe his mind- we don't want him compromising our base.” Washing his hands of the Necromancer, Vheld will turn his attention to his minions.

Again, the picture of studious calm, Vheld surreptitiously reaches his left hand up to his neck and rubs it absently- drawing PPE from the ley line and activating his magical tattoo there in the process ((-50 PPE, not deducted)). Then, he fixes Slithn with a cold stare and mutters a quick incantation, casting Agony on the wraith ((-20 PPE, not deducted)). Since the attack is in no way intended to be life-threatening, it should catch Slithn by surprise, and he will try it repeatedly if Slithn resists. Once the agony spell takes hold, Vheld will mutter another incantation (casting charismatic aura power/fear; -10 PPE; not deducted), watching Slithn writhe in agony before allowing his cold anger at the wraith’s insubordination to fill his voice.

”I have had just about enough of your whining. If you think your mental tricks will work on me, then go ahead and take your shot. But make no mistake- your ethereal nature will not protect you from me. I will banish you back to Dyval, rift there myself, and end your existence permanently if you ever dare to speak to me that way again. Have I made myself clear?” Vheld will then turn his attention to Brokswa and ask mildly, ”Is there anything you would like to add?”

Assuming his minions are both back in line by this point, Vheld will allow Slithn to writhe in agony for the full duration of the spell while he replenishes his energies from the ley line. Should Brokswa respond hostilely, Vheld will cast impervious to energy on himself, followed by mindshatter on the plasma demon (and then confiscating the hammer Vheld gave him). Either way, once his minions are subdued Vheld will add with a note of finality ”I don’t want to have this conversation again. Return to your posts.” Once he’s satisfied that the two won’t cause any more trouble (for now), Vheld adds to Slithn ”Answer any questions the others pose to you regarding the necromancer’s memories honestly and completely."

Before anyone kills the necromancer, Vheld acts out of an overabundance of caution and will cast mental shock [color=red]((-30 PPE, not deducted)) on the necromancer- ensuring it is successful in wiping Slithn's memories from the necromancer's mind before he goes off to whatever afterlife Nxla promised him. That done, Vheld turns back to the others as if nothing had happened. ”Shall we?” Once the team is ready to move out, he will re-mount Bel’Dar.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 224/230 (Slithn). SDC: 148/164 (Vheld).
Talismans: -1 charge to invincible armor talismans for Vheld, Brokswa, Bel'Dar.
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (30d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Hannibal » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:34 am

Conditions:
Time: 1830

Order of Battle
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
  • Mierin

Current Mission Goals

Posted Players
  • Seymour-Spook
  • Ronan-Spook
  • Lahz-Spook
  • Minerva-Spook
  • Mierin-Spook
  • Vheld-Spook
  • John-Roughneck
  • William-Roughneck
  • Jack-Roughneck
  • Wakiza-Roughneck

Which way do we go George?

John is about to react to Slithn, when Wak's voice pops into his head. In response he focses on the thought, "Can you... hear what I'm thinking?"

Shortly after, and to his wonder, Wak responds, "Yes, just your surface thoughts, and I won't do this to a teammate without letting them know I'm here. Kinda rude otherwise.''

John responds to Waks original question by thought, "Will do, commander. The red one doesn't seem like a problem. I can't touch whatever this hovering one is, though. And it's clearly the biggest troublemaker."

John lifts the necromancer up to 'look him in the eye.' "So, you want to die and that's sexy for you. Okay. I'll make you a deal. Tell me how to protect our souls and fix these soulless guys, spill the beans on your plan. In exchange, I'll squish you. I'll do it slow. Don't say anything and I'll make sure you not only survive today, but I'll personally take you to a secure location. Maybe Lazlo. Maybe Kingsdale. Maybe the Splugorth. Somewhere that they can strip your mind and lock you out from this god you're babbling about. And you'll live a long, safe, life."

The death mage smiles, ”Your child like ignorance is amusing. Does your brain shrink while you body is growing? Maybe it turns to pebbles like the rest of your flesh. That’s it isn’t it. You have rocks for brains.” The mage starts in an open uproar of laughter. After a moment he looks back at John, ”Alive or dead you cannot separate me from the almighty. You miserable beings really have no clue what you are facing.” The necromancer smiles wide, ”Give up now, give in. Let me show you the pleasure in pain. Let me bring you to a place you have never considered.” As the mage talks John can feel his body writhing in his fingers.

After his plea to the death mage John focuses on Wak, "Hey commander, can your psi-sword hurt Vheld's floaty friend?"

Wak thinks about his experience with Deevil Wraith’s and other ceatures of that nature. In specific he tries to recall what might hurt them and comes up with the fact that they are ethereal by nature. They can walk through solid matter as if it were a ghost. All physical attacks (bullets, arrows, swords/melee, energy, cold/fire, explosions, etc.) do no damage. Psionics and magic that attack the mind and emotions have full impact, as do rune weapons and thorns.

Wak gives John a mental shrug, "Well if it can't, Derilian likely will."

With his energy sphere fully charged, Will heads out on his solo scouting mission taking to the air on his wing board, Will looks around to make sure the area is secure. He can see signs of blood and body parts strewn through the woods around them. The villagers they saw were obviously the remnants of the village after the necromancers and their minions had pillaged it. He does not see any signs of current danger around the perimeter.

Wak keys the radio , "Will, any problems out there?"

Will responds, "No current threats. Everything seems, fine," thinking briefly, As fine as a ransacked village can be.

Will wanders back and forth in the ley line. "It is always glorious when one gets to soak up raw magic like this" he says to no one in particular.

Seymour reviews his captured footage. Seeing his mistakes he shakes his head with his face in his palm. He then erases the footage. Once he is finished Seymour moves to the others. He sees the bodies and the necro. ”What is going on?” He puts his camera on his shoulder and films the necro, the looted weapons, and any bodies left around. In particular He sees Jack dragging the bodies of the bone fiends and xombies away from the buildings.

Jack drags the bodies downwind and makes sure to pick a location where the intended fire would not spread. He then starts a magnificent bon fire. He focuses his inner strength and grows the fire to a raging mass incinerating any remains of their fiendish opponents.

When the bodies are burned we walks over to the weapons pile and says , "If you don't mind I'll take a pretty Short sword and a Vibroblade. Hey, Ronan you might want one of these."

Ronan glances over to where Jack is with the small assortment of recovered weapons and nods. He walks over and selects a Vibro-sword and a Skorblade, he looks the weapons over and wonders if they will handle his strength. Not being familiar with the technology or lack thereof in the case of the skorblade he assumes that if the bone fiends didn’t break them then he most likely won’t.

Inquisitively Ronan asks, "It'll cut things like those bone monsters? I might as well, thank you. What is this sword, looks different compared to the other a sword?"

Minerva watches as Lahz fixes up Ronan's armor. Inspired and hopeful she spends the next few minutes scouring the ground for crystalline pieces of her sword. She walks to Lahz, holding very few pieces and asks, "Can you try that machine on my weapon? I took some heavy hits to my body armor as well if you have the ability."

Lahz offers up hisUniversal Energy to Matter Converter, "Let’s give it a couple shots. Couldn't hurt." He will focus his beam into the handful of shards and nothing happens. Not having any luck with the sword he turns the converter to her amor and is able to fix 30 MD. He looks at Minerav and apologizes. The essence of the sword must be more than simple matter.

Ronan lashes his two new toys to his chest rig and makes his way back to where the Spooks are, asking, "Is it always like this? I usually like to have dinner with a team before a mission like this, helps set the mood."

Mierin looks toward him and nods. “Pretty much.” she replies, ”Sometimes the team has gone up against god-like creatures.” Mierin shrugs as if this were a common place thing to happen. She rolls her eyes and smirks at the dinner comment, ”What kind of a meal goes with this kind of mission?”

Lahz truns to Mierin and Ronan, "We had dinner. You are just really frakking late."

Lahz then turns back to look at the group, "Turning a mage's access to magic off can be difficult. The Coalition are all about brutal ways to do it via gags, or torture, or forced implants. All sorts of weird crap. For my money, a mage you no longer need to question? ... Better to remove the possibility of a long memory. And burn the bodies to ash so you don't end up with walking dead. Yeah, I said that, so better to be safe."

At first, Vheld ignores the backtalk- he wants to take advantage of the necromancer’s knowledge while he can, and upsetting the current détente with Slithn places that at risk. In a calm, level voice he will interrogate his minion. He doesn’t expect the necromancer to know the answers to all of these, but the shifter errs on the side of caution and casts a broad net. He will also command his minion to answer truthfully according to the necromancer’s memories.

Lahz proceeds back over to suit up in the Marauder. He looks up to see John shaking him and the necromancer writhing. Lahz draws his heavy silver mace and waves it casually, "Man are you still fondling that Necromancer up there? ..." he shifts position and looks to Vheld, "If your Deevil-Spirit has picked up all the useful info from his mind, then let us know so we can kill this thing and dispose of the body." Slithn turns and eyes Lahz then turns back to Vhled, "You take orders from this pathetic being? He must cover his useless body in metal for protection. You are even more pathetic than I thought. Let's turn these worthless beings into our slaves. Give me the word. We can create a glorious army and reign destruction on the world." When Slithn finishes Brokswa looks to Vhled, "This sounds delicious. Set us loose. Let us show you are true power. We will dine on the flesh of the weak together."

Lahz asks the Atlantean, "Once the Death mage is disposed of, have Slithn advise of all methods the Necro knew to attack or capture the Souls, how the still living Zombies are made, and all methods to protect one's soul by Nxla ... Hell, why are they gathering peasant Zombies?"

Vheld shrugs. ”The mind bond persists for several hours regardless of whether the original subject is still alive. I have no further need of him.” Pausing to digest Slithn’s comments regarding the necromancer’s fate, Vheld shrugs. ”Just kill him- he clearly poses a danger to the innocent. He may think he wants whatever this Nxla promised him in what passes for an afterlife, but in my experience such beings tend not to honor their obligations. He may not find the trip as pleasant as he anticipates. Just don't kill him until I can wipe his mind- we don't want him compromising our base.” Washing his hands of the Necromancer, Vheld will turn his attention to his minions.

Again, the picture of studious calm, Vheld surreptitiously reaches his left hand up to his neck and rubs it absently- drawing PPE from the ley line and activating his magical tattoo there in the process . Then, he fixes Slithn with a cold stare and mutters a quick incantation, casting Agony on the wraith. Slithn ios caught by surprise and is unable to resist. Once the agony spell takes hold, Vheld mutters another incantation casting charismatic aura power/fear, watching Slithn writhe in agony before allowing his cold anger at the wraith’s insubordination to fill his voice.

”I have had just about enough of your whining. If you think your mental tricks will work on me, then go ahead and take your shot. But make no mistake- your ethereal nature will not protect you from me. I will banish you back to Dyval, rift there myself, and end your existence permanently if you ever dare to speak to me that way again. Have I made myself clear?” Vheld will then turn his attention to Brokswa and ask mildly, ”Is there anything you would like to add?”

John feels the writhing in the necromancer's body increase. Looking down he can see the evil mage smile as he watches Slithn writhe in pain. Brokswa looks on as Slithn agonizes then looks at Vheld, "Master, we simply wish to see you strong. Bold. Deserving of our loyalty. It pains us to see these pathetic creature stand as your equal." Brokswa sneers at the group and hisses, "Or ours." He looks back toward Slithn with an emotionless face. Vheld looks at the two minions and says, ”I don’t want to have this conversation again. Return to your posts.” Then addresses Slithn directly, ”Answer any questions the others pose to you regarding the necromancer’s memories honestly and completely." Brokswa retreats to the RV speaking under his breath something which the group can not hear. Slithn lay on the ground twisted in pain.

Vheld turns to the necromancer and casts mental shock on the mage, wiping Slithn's memories from the necromancer's mind before he goes off to whatever afterlife Nxla promised him. Then turns to the group and says, ”Shall we?,” before mounting Bel'Dar.

Answers
1) Does the necromancer serve a being known as Nxla? - Yes
2) What is Nxla’s objective? - Devour the souls of every last creature on this world then move on to the next.
3) How does Nxla absorb the souls of its victims? - He eats them
4) Is there any way to prevent or reverse the soul-absorption process? - The mage does not believe so.
5) What vulnerabilities or weaknesses do a) Nxla, - Believed to be all powerful and invulnerable b) the necromancers, - most everything, they are human and c) these soulless xombies have? Magic and silver
6) Where is Nxla currently operating in the magic zone? - He is everywhere and nowhere (this is what the mage believes to be true)
7) What is the process for creating these soulless xombies? - He truly has no clue.
8) Does Nxla’s strategy primarily involve ‘Harvesters’ and Xombies, or does he have any agents operating covertly in the Federation of Magic, Dweomer, Stormspire, or nearby communities such as MercTown? If so, does the necromancer know their names and/or identities? This Necromancer is low level. He does not know how many agents Nxla has or how many. He believes there are many, they are powerful and have infiltrated the deepest depth of society as a whole. he has no particulars.
9) Where was that rift transporting those people, and who opened it? - They went to Nxla.

Weapons Found
  • 1 Skorblade Pole Arm

Skill Checks
Vheld: - No skill checks
John
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 16 / 35% (John is sincerely making this offer for what that's worth) - By his writhing its obvious he seems to trust you
Wakiza:
Lore: Demon & Monsters-- 1d100 = 10 / 93% - information provided in post
Ronan:
Recognize Weapon Quality [39%]:1d100 = 32 (So many new weapons for him to figure out) - You are not familiar with the materials and technology but they seem like a fine quality.
Jury Rig [39%]: 1d100 = 1 - you lash both swords as intended.
Seymour:
T.V./Video -- 42% / 1d100 = 32 - He successfully erases all footage on the camera.
John:

Schedule Note: The next GM post will be posted by Tuesday, August 20th by midnight.

GM: Unless I am mistaken there is one weapon left unclaimed. All claims made in the previous players posts are confirmed. The AGM will post the new weapons to your equipment sheets.

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -30 M.D.C. to armor, -56 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots,
Minerva: -30 M.D.C. to crystal armor, -17 I.S.P., -51 M.D. to Psionic Forcefield; Harvester destroyed; 4th Psionic Forcefield activation
Seymour:
Vheld: -170 P.P.E.; -1 charge to invincible armor talisman, -16 S.D.C.; -18 M.D. to Invincible Armor
William Summers: -38 P.P.E., -58 MD
Hannibal
Game Master

Postby John Altfeld » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17 / 70%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 6

John is disgusted by how useless the death pervert turned out to be.

I learned all of this already from Menelaus. With less squirming.

John then looks around for Seymour. "Hey, Seymour - I might have an exclusive for you."

He looks at the gross necromancer again. "You want to tell a bunch of people about how cool your boss is before kicking off? Do some conversion? We'll put you on TV. But I think you're too much of a coward to say everything you just told me and the transparent demon pulled out of your brain into the camera."

John then holds the necromancer down so Seymour can record whatever insanity comes out of the sicko's mouth. Once it's done, John stands up, turns to face North/away from the group and pops the guy's head off, trying to get as little blood on himself as possible.

"Aw man, I'm all sticky now."
It's a lot easier to do that when you can barely see what's happening...

Still in giant pebble form, he goes to the river and washes his hands, spits out his gear and puts on clothes before turning back to flesh and blood.

When everyone is ready to roll out, John is prepared to start scouting again for the Stormspire group. And then he realizes he almost forgot something important. "Hey, do we have chains or manacles or something to take those soulless with us? They're useful evidence and someone might be able to fix them where we're going."

While waiting to leave, John ponders ways to potentially kill Slithn. Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100 = 2 / 81%

Important Combat Stats
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Depressurization
• Fatigue (Never tires)

Reduced Damage From:
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Minerva » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 66

Minerva watches as Lahz zaps her armor and it patches itself back together. ”Bueno, eso es ciertamente útil. Thank you, Lahz.” She watches from a bit back as Vheld disciplines his minions. When the group is ready to go, she gets on her motorcycle and leads the way again. ”What is our next step?”

Translations
Bueno, eso es ciertamente útil.=Well, that's certainly helpful.
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby William Summers » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 49/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 14

Conditions
PPE: 84/178
Captured PPE: 356/356 (60/60 minutes)
Energy Sphere:
  • PPE: 800/800
Invincible Armor:
  • 200/200 MDC
  • 67:30/96 minutes
  • Complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc., and provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply
  • Regenerates damage at the rate of 1D6 M.D.C. per melee round
  • All energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor!
  • -15% to prowl, climb, swim or perform other physical skills
Amulet of See The Invisible:
  • See The Invisible
8th Ring of Elder:
  • Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
  • Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
  • Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.
At Ley Line:
  • Doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells.
  • The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds.
  • Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

"It was real gory out in the woods, lots of dead villagers, but nothing dangerous remaining. We should finish up whatever we're doing here and move it on out before they come back with reinforcements."

Will waits for the interrogation to finish and then checks in with John.
John Altfeld wrote:"Aw man, I'm all sticky now."

"Battle tends to create a mess. Here, I'll get you cleaned up. You did good out there." Will mutters the words ”Taka Til!” and watches as the blood, dirt and anything else unclean is removed from John leaving him spotless (Cleanse, -3 PPE from ley line captured PPE).

"Would anyone else like a clean up before we take off?" If anyone does want a Cleanse, Will casts it for them freely, recapturing PPE from the Ley Line as he waits for instruction.

Turning to Wakiza, he asks "We've met the enemy, sir. Perhaps enlisting some more aid would be useful in the coming battle?"
The Man in Black
William Summers

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vheld » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:19 am

JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 42
PER: 1d100 = 81 vs. 76%
Conditions
  • At a ley line (x2 range, duration, damage of spells/magic effects and +50% range/duration of psychic powers, all factored in below; can draw 10 PPE or 1d6+1 ISP per round).
  • Sense magic, 18 minutes remaining, 120ft area.
  • Protection from psionics, +3 to save vs. psionics and impervious to mind control of any kind, 10 minutes remaining.

Hannibal wrote:"Master, we simply wish to see you strong. Bold. Deserving of our loyalty. It pains us to see these pathetic creature stand as your equal." Brokswa sneers at the group and hisses, "Or ours."
Vheld replies in a cold voice. "If I desired command of this company I would have it. The current structure suits my current goals. You do not want me to have to explain that again." With luck I won't have to kill either of them.

After confirming that the others have no further need of the necromancer, including Seymour's video testimonial, Vheld will complete his incantation then wait in silence for the others to make ready, drawing energies from the ley line as he does so until he is fully replenished.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 224/230 (Slithn). SDC: 148/164 (Vheld).
Talismans: -1 charge to invincible armor talismans for Vheld, Brokswa, Bel'Dar.
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (30d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ronan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:25 am

JiC: 1d100 = 72 / 1d20 = 6
Perception [19%]: 1d100 = 89
Jury-Rig [39%]: 1d100 = 20 (Secure Pole Arm so it remains still during combat or hectic driving.)
Charm/Impress [29%]: 1d100 = 26

Ronan will collect the Skorblade Pole-Arm and place it in either the APC or Cargonaut, securing it. [Jury-Rig]. "I bet this is worth a something to someone. We can hock it when we find a village, er, city? What is the government like on this planet? Ah, don't tell me; I'll just go with the flow for now." Ronan comments to members he passes. Where are we off too next, this is just going to keep on getting crazier I bet. Ronan thinks to himself with a sigh.

If he hears Vheld's comment, he'll ask Minerva or Meirin (or both), "Hey, could he really just take over?" He asks cautiously before adding "Man, this crew is just a whole group of stay-on-the-good-side-of people." He says in a near scoff, not out of disrespect but more disbelief [Charm/Impress: Intent to charm/impress or otherwise compliment the group.]. The new environment challenging to say the least, with weapons and enemies brand new to the Arismal soldier. I can't even tell what this bloody weapon is. Ronan frowns, looking at the Skorblade shortsword.

"Hey, so, Ace. Where we headed, and where do you need me? " Ronan questions directly to Lahz.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th)
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-RA5 Arrow Ride Armor [b]M.D.C. || Helm: 35|| Arms: 14ea || Legs: 18ea || MB: 30
Carried: [NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer] || DMG: 2d6 + P.S. (37) M.D.C.
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jack Killian » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:09 am

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 39
JIC d20: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 90

Conditions: Jack's Force field should be gone.

Jack feels good, “Let the dead stay dead, their love ones should not have to witness their dearly departed coming back to feed on them.”

As the sun starts to set, Jack listens intently to the others. He laughs to himself when John gets all sticky, “Ya, should never pop a gigantic pimple like that.”

When Will mentions needing more back up Jack agree, “Good point Will, if more of them necromancers did that spell on us we would have been done in. Do you think we have enough proof to get more reinforcements? Maybe one or more of the villagers would come back with us so they can tell what happened. Just saying, we did rescue some and they are primo evidence. Might want to let those Mage types know, that another Village was hit and if they need evidence, to come help their citizens."
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby John Altfeld » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:15 pm

ROLLS HELD

When Will cleans him, John says "Hey, thanks Will - I had heard magic like that existed, but never met anyone who knew it. That's a lot better than 'washing' off in the river."

When Jack says the thing about popping zits, John nods and smiles. Holy hell, Jack is colder than I thought...

"Can't we just do an anti-magic spell if they drop Tentacle Fear on us again? Ideally we'd get more people AND remove the possibility of running away in fear."
Last edited by John Altfeld on Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Important Combat Stats
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Depressurization
• Fatigue (Never tires)

Reduced Damage From:
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mierin » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 51

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments

If he hears Vheld's comment, he'll ask Minerva or Mierin (or both), "Hey, could he really just take over?" He asks cautiously before adding "Man, this crew is just a whole group of stay-on-the-good-side-of people." He says in a near scoff, not out of disrespect but more disbelief.

Mierin glances at Ronan and, after a second, decides to be straight with the new guy. ”If he decided that's what he wanted to do, Mierin replies, ”he could.”

"Would anyone else like a clean up before we take off?" If anyone does want a Cleanse, Will casts it for them freely, recapturing PPE from the Ley Line as he waits for instruction.

Mierin shakes her head at Will and declines the offer. ”I'm good, thanks.” Watching Will use cleanse on Pebbles, Mierin is mildly amused by Pebbles reaction. 'Did he really think tearing a man's head off his shoulders was a tidy affair?' Not that Mierin is upset by the necromancer's passing, far from it. The necromancer had to die and she was glad Vheld was able to wipe his memory of the team before he did. 'That'll make things easier for us going forward.' Mierin thinks to herself as she listens to the chatter around her. The idea that they might need more assistance wasn't the worst one she'd ever heard, assuming the picked up competent help. Looking over at Lahz, Mierin echos Ronan's question. "Do we have a plan?"
Mierin

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:31 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 36 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 20
JiC D100: 1d100 = 94

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary], Marauder PA

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 43

===================

When the idea of letting the captured-Necromancer deliver his own Info-Lecture on the wonders of Nxla, Lahz offers a large metallic thumbs-up, *Now that is a spectacular idea.*

John Altfeld wrote:"Hey, do we have chains or manacles or something to take those soulless with us? They're useful evidence and someone might be able to fix them where we're going."

"Anything is possible Pebbles, but the Death-mage does not think so ... Hauling around a bunch of soulless zombies that our enemy has bonded to and may be able to see, and hear through is just risky business ... You may not like it, but they should be put out of their misery and servitude. They probably would not have volunteered to become mindless killers and likely would not want to be used as footsoldiers to kill children and pressgang those with free spirits into a never ending horde from another dimension ... Now I could be wrong. Some of these folks could have been Type-A-Jackasses ... but for the most part." the Psi-Tech leaves off.

Vheld wrote:Vheld replies [to his Minion] in a cold voice. "If I desired command of this company I would have it. The current structure suits my current goals. You do not want me to have to explain that again."

Ronan wrote:If he hears Vheld's comment, he'll ask Minerva or Meirin (or both), "Hey, could he really just take over?" He asks cautiously before adding "Man, this crew is just a whole group of stay-on-the-good-side-of people."

A chuckle rumbles over the speakers of Lahz's Marauder because he sees that the truth may well boost Vheld's argument and after Mierin gives her answer he appends his own note, "Sure. With Queen gone previously Vheld had seniority and default command. He asked me to handle field command because he didn't want the headache. He can have it back whenever he asks."

Ronan wrote:"Hey, so, Ace. Where we headed, and where do you need me? " Ronan questions directly to Lahz.

Once more a chuckle reverberates from the Marauder, "Well, you can ride with the Seymour or you may want to ride atop the ATV if you want. Gives you a snipers perch.". He casually looks over to Mierin in turn, "Well as much fun as it is to collect the soulless a handful at a time, I think we hit the Magefire and Psyscape targets next. I can upload a digital copy to my PA and Tony of whatever charming rant the Necro offloads, then Magefire takes a copy and we get 1 ... and we go let the Magic Zone powers know that there's a real problem in the area, and maybe they want to either pitch in real help or kick in on the cost of financing our Noble crusade to end Nxla, right ??"
Last edited by Lahz on Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Group Leader

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:27 pm

ROLLS HELD

Lahz talks about the risks of the soul-less and John shrugs. "Being able to see and hear is manageable. Dead Chad seems like he didn't know much of anything so I'm unwilling to trust him, but I also agree that these ex-people are dangerous. But they're also evidence in a more visceral way than Seymour's record. If we're taking them, they need to be chained and, as you said, La'az, sensory depriv...ized."

Important Combat Stats
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Depressurization
• Fatigue (Never tires)

Reduced Damage From:
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 93 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 24

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Vheld wrote: Vheld adds to Slithn ”Answer any questions the others pose to you regarding the necromancer’s memories honestly and completely."

Wak looks with disdain at he demon, "Where has he been that other necromancers for Nxla congregate? Or where more of these zombies were? Who did he receive orders from last and at what location? What were these orders? If he didn't meet with anyone, how did he receive orders?"

He just nods as John rips the necromancers head off. I would have cut off his head myself if John didn't do it. "Yes, I hate to say it, but it would be best just to end the soulless. To dangerous to leave them alive. Well hold on a sec."

Over the radio to all, "Will, Lahz and Vheld, we are on a ley line, can anyone magically get us back to Merctown, then back here? It would allow the new guys to equip, and maybe we can get some replacements for the Roughnecks. If you think its wise we could bring back a soulless to give to the magic guild and maybe they can find something useful? Don't know if that is worth it, as it is out of my wheelhouse."
Wakiza
OOC Comments

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:36 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 76
Init: 1d20 = 3
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 1
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 37
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 19

Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 32

Skills
T.V./Video -- 42% / 1d100 = 46

Post -
Seymour stands when Pebbles calls him. ”Yo!!” At the mention of an exclusive, Seymour practically runs over. ”tape is clean. Freshly readied. Lets do this.” Seymour puts down his bag and settles the camera on his shoulder.

When he is set, Seymour holds up his three fingers and using them to count down, he begins.
” Good day, viewers. It is I, Miquel Vasquez, On the road reporting from just a few hours drive out of Mrectown. I am here with evil bad guy asshole or ass for short. *gets a closeup of Mr. asshole* so, Mr.Ass, you claim to be some kind of death mage in a cult worshipping Nyxlan or something. Care to elaborate?” He focuses his camera for good shots and waits as necro fuck spills any info.

When done, Seymour catches the head popping on film. ” Damn, need to step back.” As he thinks this, some blood splatters his camera and arm. ’DAMN!!” He stops filming, does a quick review, then gently places the camera next to his bag. ” I will let the others make the big decisions. I am the rookie here.” He grabs a towel from his pack. Just as he is about to wipe himself and the camera clean, he hears Will ask about cleansings. ” OH Yeah!! Never had magic cast on me for aid… a couple of times before... But that was combat.’’ He watches in fascination as the magic does its thing. ’can you do that to my camera? Got some necro on it.” He listens to the others as best he can while Will works.

At the mention of Merctown, Seymour speaks up. ” Ahem… I know I am the new guy or rookie as it may be, but I have a few contacts in Merctown that may be of use. If we need to go, may I tag along? Otherwise, just tell me where you want or need me to be.”
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
Seymour Ruiz

Postby Lahz » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:01 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Lahz looks back over at Wakiza and taps his radio "I do not mind hitting MercTown briefly. It may well be that the Magic College might be able to fix the Soulless, or the Gods that folks are praying to over at the big Temples in the Mystic quarter may be annoyed by losing the prayers of followers to a Soul-eater like Nxla .... Blackman might also have hit on a better lead than "It's in the Magic Zone follow your Frakking Headaches". If that fails I still can buy up a bit more gear for the recruits apparently falling out of the damn sky at me."

If Vheld does not object, Lahz will ask the man to open up a portal to the Magic Guild approximately 1 mile up the Ley Line (thus taking us out of the immediate area), and will leave Tony behind with Ray (and any Roughnecks and Spooks not inclined to go) including leaving his own Marauder in the Naruni Hovercraft, "The Bots can handle camp Protection until we get a return trip. Seymour, you and Ronan are with me."

If Vheld opens a Portal, Lahz steps through calmly but immediately radios the Haunt for Alfred (driver-droid) to bring the Hover-Jeep to the College to handle pickups.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Group Leader

Postby Augur » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:30 pm

Conditions:
Time: 1840

Order of Battle
  • Jack
  • William
  • Mercedes
  • Wakiza
  • Whisper
  • Mierin

Current Mission Goals

Posted Players
  • Seymour-Spook
  • Ronan-Spook
  • Lahz-Spook
  • Minerva-Spook
  • Mierin-Spook
  • Vheld-Spook
  • John-Roughneck
  • William-Roughneck
  • Jack-Roughneck
  • Wakiza-Roughneck

All dressed up but no place to go.

Minerva watches as Lahz zaps her armor and it patches itself back together. ”Bueno, eso es ciertamente útil. Thank you, Lahz.”

Vheld responds to his minion plee in a cold voice. "If I desired command of this company I would have it. The current structure suits my current goals. You do not want me to have to explain that again." Standing next to Vheld, Wak looks down at Slithn with disdain, "Where has he been that other necromancers for Nxla congregate? Or where more of these zombies were? Who did he receive orders from last and at what location? What were these orders? If he didn't meet with anyone, how did he receive orders?" The wraith laying on the floor convulsing in agony replies, ”Many places, he has been many places. With Many Necromancers. His orders, from Nxla. They come from Nxla.” slithn pauses for the briefest of seconds, ”Please master, please. The pain, the agony. Please.”

Hearing the comment Ronan turns to Meirin and asks, "Hey, could he really just take over?" Cautiously he adds, "Man, this crew is just a whole group of stay-on-the-good-side-of people." while he stands there realizing he is no longer in Kansas. Mierin glances at Ronan and, after a second, decides to be straight with the new guy. ”If he decided that's what he wanted to do, Mierin replies, ”he could.”

A chuckle rumbles over the speakers of Lahz's Marauder then he says, "Sure. With Queen gone previously Vheld had seniority and default command. He asked me to handle field command because he didn't want the headache. He can have it back whenever he asks."

Will comes back from his scan of the surroundings, "It was really gory out in the woods, lots of dead villagers, but nothing dangerous remaining. We should finish up whatever we're doing here and move it on out before they come back with reinforcements." When Will mentions needing more back up Jack agrees, “Good point Will, if more of them necromancers did that spell on us we would have been done in. Do you think we have enough proof to get more reinforcements? Maybe one or more of the villagers would come back with us so they can tell what happened. Just saying, we did rescue some and they are primo evidence. Might want to let those Mage types know, that another Village was hit and if they need evidence, to come help their citizens." As he stands there he feels an irresistible itch in his eye. Almost painful. In his pocket he feels a warmth, something he forgotten. He reaches into his pocket and find the eye he found in the grass. As he pulls it from his pocket it warms even more in his hand. He has a vague thought in the back of his mind, tear it out, tear it out. After a moment the itch subsides and thoughts dissipates. The eye no longer feels warm to touch. As quickly as it all happened it almost seems as if he imagined the whole thing.

John Chimes in, "Can't we just do an anti-magic spell if they drop Tentacle Fear on us again? Ideally we'd get more people AND remove the possibility of running away in fear."
John then looks around for Seymour. "Hey, Seymour - I might have an exclusive for you." Seymour stands when Pebbles calls him and says, ”Yo!! Tape is clean. Freshly readied. Lets do this.”
Then John looks down at the necromancer relaxed and smiling in his hand. "You want to tell a bunch of people about how cool your boss is before kicking off? Do some conversion? We'll put you on TV. But I think you're too much of a coward to say everything you just told me and the transparent demon pulled out of your brain into the camera."

Seymour hold the camera up and starts his voice introduction. ” Good day, viewers. It is I, Miquel Vasquez, On the road reporting from just a few hours drive out of Mrectown. I am here with evil bad guy asshole or ass for short. *gets a closeup of Mr. asshole* so, Mr.Ass, you claim to be some kind of death mage in a cult worshipping Nyxlan or something. Care to elaborate?”

As Seymour is talking the necromancer replies to John without opening his eyes, ”But we are so close now, you and I. We have shared so much. Do you. Do you feel it too? he says in a condescending tone. As he finishes he opens his eyes and looks directly at John. ”You all think you are so smart. You think you have a chance? This is inevitable. This is fate and you can’t stop it!

John then holds the necromancer down so Seymour can record whatever insanity comes out of the sicko's mouth. The necromancer turns to look at the ratanoid, "Maybe not him. He might not feel that way." He then stares silently at the camera man. "What is it anyway?" he says finally.

John stands up, turns to face away from the group, slides his thumb under the necromancer’s chin like a pez dispenser and flicks the mage’s head off. The head slowly shreds from the man’s neck with a violent burst of blood spray. It flies into the air tumbling before it finds itself back on the ground with veins and stringy muscle laid over the face like a bad comb over.

"Aw man, I'm all sticky now," John says at he winces at the grotesque site. Wakiza looks on and nods in approval. Seeing the grotesque scene and catching it on camera Seymour says, ’DAMN!!”

When Will sees John wince he says,"Battle tends to create a mess. Here, I'll get you cleaned up. You did good out there." Will mutters the words ”Taka Til!” and watches as the blood, dirt and anything else unclean is removed from John leaving him spotless .

"Would anyone else like a clean up before we take off?," he offers to group in whole. Mierin shakes her head at Will and declines the offer. ”I'm good, thanks.”
Turning to Wakiza, he asks "We've met the enemy, sir. Perhaps enlisting some more aid would be useful in the coming battle?" Seymour jumps at the opportunity, ” OH Yeah!! Never had magic cast on me for aid… a couple of times before... But that was combat. Can you do that to my camera? Got some necro on it.”

When Will cleans him, John says "Hey, thanks Will - I had heard magic like that existed, but never met anyone who knew it. That's a lot better than 'washing' off in the river." Still in giant pebble form, John goes to the river and washes his hands for good measure, spits out his gear and puts on clothes before turning back to flesh and blood.

When everyone is ready to roll out, John prepares to start scouting again for the Stormspire group. In a moment of remembrance he says, "Hey, do we have chains or manacles or something to take those soulless with us? They're useful evidence and someone might be able to fix them where we're going." Lahz Replies, "Anything is possible Pebbles, but the Death-mage does not think so ... Hauling around a bunch of soulless zombies that our enemy has bonded to and may be able to see, and hear through is just risky business ... You may not like it, but they should be put out of their misery and servitude. They probably would not have volunteered to become mindless killers and likely would not want to be used as foot soldiers to kill children and pressgang those with free spirits into a never-ending horde from another dimension ... Now I could be wrong. Some of these folks could have been Type-A-Jackasses ... but for the most part." .

John shrugs. "Being able to see and hear is manageable. Dead Chad seems like he didn't know much of anything so I'm unwilling to trust him, but I also agree that these ex-people are dangerous. But they're also evidence in a more visceral way than Seymour's record. If we're taking them, they need to be chained and, as you said, La'az, sensory depriv...ized." Wakiza adds, "Yes, I hate to say it, but it would be best just to end the soulless. Too dangerous to leave them alive. Well hold on a sec."

When the group is ready to go, Minerva gets on her motorcycle ready to lead the way again, ”What is our next step?” Looking directly to Lahz, Ronan asks, "Hey, so, Ace. Where we headed, and where do you need me? " Turning to Lahz as well, Mierin echos Ronan's question. "Do we have a plan?"

Once more a chuckle reverberates from the Marauder as Lahz Replies, "Well, you can ride with the Seymour or you may want to ride atop the ATV if you want. Gives you a snipers perch.". He casually looks over to Mierin in turn, "Well as much fun as it is to collect the soulless a handful at a time, I think we hit the Magefire and Psyscape targets next. I can upload a digital copy to my PA and Tony of whatever charming rant the Necro offloads, then Magefire takes a copy and we get 1 ... and we go let the Magic Zone powers know that there's a real problem in the area, and maybe they want to either pitch in real help or kick in on the cost of financing our Bible crusade to end Nxla right ??"

Wakiza keys the radio addressing everyone, "Will, Lahz and Vheld, we are on a ley line, can anyone magically get us back to Merctown, then back here? It would allow the new guys to equip, and maybe we can get some replacements for the Roughnecks. If you think it’s wise, we could bring back a soulless to give to the magic guild and maybe they can find something useful? Don't know if that is worth it, as it is out of my wheelhouse." Seymour speaks up at the mention of Merctown. ” Ahem… I know I am the new guy or rookie as it may be, but I have a few contacts in Merctown that may be of use. If we need to go, may I tag along? Otherwise, just tell me where you want or need me to be.”

While waiting to leave, John ponders ways to potentially kill Slithn. Thinking hard he remembers a creature called a Deevil Wraith which seems to remind him of Slithn. John seem to recall the following about these evil entities, they can see the invisible, they hover and fly, move silently, leaves no tracks/DNA/fingerprints, they Breathe without air, they can dimensional teleport, they bio-regenerate, they are ethereal by nature: Can walk through solid matter as if it were a ghost, all physical attacks (bullets, arrows, swords/melee, energy, cold/fire, explosions, etc.) do no damage. Psionics and magic that attack the mind and emotions have full impact, as do rune weapons and thorns. Can function in atmosphere and outer space. He also remembers they can be affected and blocked/barred by magical circles and most magical barriers. Vulnerable to psionics and magic that affect the mind and emotions as well as illusions, rune, holy, and millennium tree weapons but not TW or other types of magical weapons or most spells that create a physical effect (e.g., fire ball, blind, carpet of adhesion). Cannot pass through a door or other opening that has a sprig of thorns (rose or other) at least five inches long- entire rooms can be sealed off this way. Thorn pricks do damage if lashed with a long, thorn-covered branch. Hate even the smell of roses and avoid rose gardens.

Those little details we tend to miss

The door of the back building opens up. A mysterious mage slides his head out just in time to see John pop the head clean off of some obscure person. He screams in terror, "Monsters, more monsters. Just leave us alone. Why? Why? Wwwhhy?!" The man looks upon the group with a hardened face. It is obvious he has endured the atrocities brought on by the necromancer's and their minions. "You fools, I will succeed. I will defeat you all. You will not take me too." Noticing Slithin and Brokswa, the strange mage says, "He is employing demons now? How far will this go? Don't you know his true intent?" The mage steps back from the door in the direction of the forest. "Nxla will pay for this. When I make it to Psyscape, I will tell all of what I have seen here. You will pay, too! Once I have the journals, you will all suffer."

Not all that lives dies

Will, Jack, Wakiza, Lahz and Minvera feel a pain start just behind theirs eyes. The pain turns blinding making any light unbearable forcing the five to close their eyes in hopes of some reprieve. Nothing seems to stop it though. It grows to a point of lost body control. They fall to the ground, eyes closed, and seemingly lifeless. Those standing around them can see no obvious cause of their sudden collapse but is obviously only affecting these five.

Moments later the five awake, and find themselves alone in a desert. The pain subsides enough to open an eye and see their surroundings. From beyond, a voice calls out. The voice surrounds each of them as they stand alone, and booms, "How dare you?!" They are struck down by the pain spreading across their whole bodies. "I am omnipresent. I am all! You are nothing. Turn away now, or die!"

Then as quickly as it started, it stops. They open their eyes again to find themselves lying on the ground in the fetal position with the rest of the group standing, staring bewildered. None of them are quite sure what happened, only knowing whoever or whatever it was had awesome power.

Skill Checks
Vheld:
John
Wakiza:
Ronan:
Seymour:

Schedule Note: The next GM post will be posted by Tuesday, August 27th by midnight.

GM Note:Will and Vheld noted drawing energy from the Ley line, butcher's bill updated.

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -30 M.D.C. to armor, -56 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots,
Seymour:
Vheld: -0 P.P.E.; -1 charge to invincible armor talisman, -16 S.D.C.; -18 M.D. to Invincible Armor
William Summers: -0 P.P.E., -58 MD
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Postby Wakiza » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 23

Lahz wrote:Lahz looks back over at Wakiza and taps his radio "I do not mind hitting MercTown briefly. It may well be that the Magic College might be able to fix the Soulless, or the Gods that folks are praying to over at the big Temples in the Mystic quarter may be annoyed by losing the prayers of followers to a Soul-eater like Nxla .... Blackman might also have hit on a better lead than "It's in the Magic Zone follow your Frakking Headaches". If that fails I still can buy up a bit more gear for the recruits apparently falling out of the damn sky at me."

If Vheld does not object, Lahz will ask the man to open up a portal to the Magic Guild approximately 1 mile up the Ley Line (thus taking us out of the immediate area), and will leave Tony behind with Ray (and any Roughnecks and Spooks not inclined to go) including leaving his own Marauder in the Naruni Hovercraft, "The Bots can handle camp Protection until we get a return trip. Seymour, you and Ronan are with me."

Wak shakes his head at the stupid man that yelled at them and yells back, "Yes, we save you from necromancers. Kill an insane one. We are working on saving the world, but you go run off to tattle. Damn most mages are worthless beings, cowards, locked away in study or they become evil. Will, you and Vheld may be the exception to the rule."

Before he can respond to Lahz he goes down in a massive amount of psychic pain, Spirits, that is damn near the worst feeling I've ever had. Wak rubs his temples and forehead like that effort will push the pain away. He stretches and brushes off the dirt. "Rrrughhh! I am already tired of that."

He looks at the group and over the radio he says, "I believe that was Nxla telling us that he is omnipresent, and that he is all. Of course he said we were nothing. Like we haven't heard that before. He also told us to turn away now, or die! Again he lacks originality. To the Abyss with that rat bastard. Lahz, I agree, let us move up the ley line and head back to Merctown if Vheld is willing. We can drop the zombies at the guild or temples, check with our contacts, including Blackman, then meet and come back here if Vheld can do it? After that we split to head to Pyscape and Stormspire. Will, can you and Jack stay here and guard, unless there is a reason you want to go back. I can pick up anything you may need. John and I will head back. What do you think?"

Before they leave Wak turns back to the demon wraith, "Give me the four locations that had the most Necromancers within them. Or are you saying he just wandered the magic zone for as long as he has worked for Nxla and occasionally bumped into necros? What were the orders Nxla gave him, specific ones, not just spread misery?"
Wakiza
OOC Comments

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Previous

Return to Spook Squad/Roughnecks/MARS Joint Adventure