The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

The Spook Squad & the Roughnecks team up to tackle a dangerous, high stakes mission in the Federation of Magic.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:06 pm

ROLLS HELD
CONDITIONS: John is 10 feet tall.

Wolf Whitaker wrote:"Damn John, you hoping the ladies go for bigger is better?" Wolf gently elbows the now 10 foot man.


"I don't like being a soft target outside of town. This way there's more padding between my internal organs and an incoming attack."


Wolf Whitaker wrote:Wolf chuckles. "Well it was mandatory for me to pick up...well at least when I didn't want to earn my mother's wrath. 'Juan' ha? Well just let me know if you need anything translated, I'll be happy to do so. Its rude to not translate for people."


"Thanks! Maybe I can practice with you?"


Wolf Whitaker wrote:"John you look like your going to a funeral...wait is this for something that is on our side?" Wolf threads one of the Rose's through one of the button holes in his jacket.


John motions towards Slithn. "Vheld's assistant is a Deevil Wraith. They can walk through walls and can't be hurt by much. But they can't enter a room with a rose over the door and hate going near roses generally. I don't know about you, but I don't like the idea of that thing staring at me while I'm sleeping."

On Keeping Watch

John volunteers to take a watch shift if that's needed. "Although with all the psychic assaults and magic, it might be useful to keep robots on watch too, since they can't be mind-controlled. And if I'm scouting tomorrow, I should get SOME sleep."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:20 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 60
JIC d20: 1d20 = 4
JIC d100: 1d100 = 45

Rocky goes through the opening in the PA low and slow. He looks around making sure that no one is set to open up on any one he directs the Jeep, “Tee four two, follow me and park the Jeep near the other vehicles.”

Rocky lands and opens up the PA and then steps out. He looks around at all the destruction. “Wow this place looks really bad.”

SAul
Turning to rocky, he asks, "Can you get a situation report from one of the other group leaders? It's... difficult to ascertain at this point what the job even is. Daphne asked back in Merctown but no one responded."


Rocky Listens to William.
and then Speaks up, "My name is Rocky and I'm the leader of MARS. I hear you are looking for some help."

Rocky adds, "I have a hover jeep and some supplies I would like to put most in one of your vehicle." Jack waits for Daphne to add supplies.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:53 am

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 54
JIC d20: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 79


Jack hears the Noise from the ones arriving, he comes out of his trance, (How many ISP gained) and moves out to Sit beside Minerva.

To Minerva Jack speaks in a normal voice, “I see we have some new Friends.”

As Will leaves, Minerva turns her attention to Volcano Jack. Telepathically, she asks him So, your psionic talents are... focused in fire? And heat? I saw you heal some villagers as well. What else can you do, Mister Volcano? Surely, you're not just hot. (Charm: 1d100 = 66/70%)



Jack responds to her, “Oh, you can read my mind? Not just heal I can do Diagnose, surgery, purification, and regenerations Seems like I removed fear and can resist magic, TeleK. I see Auras. And I think I can go Astra not sure on that one I thought I was dreaming. Fire is My real thing with a bunch of Plasma missiles I can do a lot of damage. My team help take out a Sploogie, Vessel a big one. So more about you?”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:20 am

(rolls carried over)

Vheld wrote:"That would be ill-advised. The attempt is unlikely to be informative. We were contracted by the Grey Seers- they a sect of mystics specializing in precognition and psionic sensitivity, and they could tell us nothing of use. Unless you have strong reason to believe your abilities to be superior to theirs in this area" Vheld's tone brooks no doubt as to which side of the argument he'd bet on "I doubt it will be worth the risk. All the moreso given Nxla's penchant for psychic attacks and stealing the souls of its victims."


Intelligence 36% 1d100 = 95 (Have I heard of these Grey Seers? - FAIL)

Grey Seers - mystic prognosticators. More information we did not have. What are their allegiances? What is their goal? Are they... simply altruistic? Or is this part of a larger machination?

"Thank you, I did not know about the Grey Seers. We've only been hired yesterday and the task appears to grow more complicated by the minute. Any... additional information we can be given would prove most useful."

Seymour wrote:"Hola! I am Seymour, Chief Propaganda Tech for this menagerie."


Saul shakes the Mutant Rat's hand. "Glad to make your acquaintance. I am Saul." Good to see this one - he is evidence that the larger team does not bear an overt anti-mutant bias.

Daphne wrote:"So are we setting a watch? Because I don't know about you guys, but I am tired."


"Indeed - I will be glad to take a turn at watch." As she relays the type of gear she acquired for this mission, Saul listens, and adds a heartfelt, "Thank you" at its conclusion.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 101/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 41

Location: Unknown village

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare


Re-convening (or better yet, never dissolving) his 'leadership council', Vheld adds this additional information to report. "It seems that these rituals to aid Nxla are being conducted in three separate locations simultaneously. One at the temple, and the other two in proximity to the ruins of Lexington, Kentucky. From what I know of such beings, allowing any of these rituals to complete is very likely to be a bad idea. Therefore, we must decide how best to split our forces and engage all three locations simultaneously."


Mierin shakes her head. ”Of course they are. Can't have everything happen in one place, can we? If that was the case, this mission would be far too easy. It's clear Mierin is annoyed. This job is getting worse and worse every minute. ”Hopefully the extra bodies will help with this new development."

When Giant-John begins to wave around dozens of roses and taunting Deevil Slithn, Lahz simply shakes his head in resigned disagreement then leans over to quietly speak to Mierin, "Y'see that's showing his hand a bit too soon for my taste. It has telekinesis, same as Minerva and myself ... can probably just rip the pretty little flower off and shove it up Tiny's nose, and that's if the information about vulnerabilities is accurate. But that thing's like 10,000 years of ghostly-evil-intentions. Why taunt an immortal that can walk through walls? Piss that damn thing off and it may well come back and kill your kids in 20 or 30 years ... Different strokes for different folks and all ... ". He does not appear angry, more thoughtful.


Mierin nods at Lahz as she watches Giant John's display as well and shakes her head, looking amused by his comments. Replying in a quiet tone of voice, she says, "Agreed. I haven't seen much from this guy, but taunting a deevil is just stupid. Is he trying to get himself maimed or killed?" Mierin smirks as she adds. "Though the idea of Slithn stuffing the flower up Tiny's nose is an amusing one. We'll get Seymour to film it and play it often."

As the newcomers arrive, Mierin nods at them in greeting in a polite manner. Mierin is a bit surprised to see Rocky when she shows up, having not seen him since that whole debacle of trying to blow up that spaceship. Mierin nods at Rocky and says his name in greeting. ”It's been awhile.” Mierin remarks to Rocky. If anyone else talks to her, she will reply otherwise she remains quiet, keeping an eye out for signs of trouble.
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 50/50
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:10 pm

Lahz wrote:Perception [42%]: Original post: 1d100 = 6 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 13


Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary], Marauder PA

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: Original post: 1d100 = 62

===================

When it appears that travel will commence in the morning, Lahz will revisit Wakiza and Rocky, "Following up on the breakdown from before we left town, we have 3 target ceremonies described by Ecks-the-Forgetful: a Necromancer Temple which should be very cheerful, a town called Lexington, and an out-door Meadow I guess. With 3 groups here I would venture we have enough to disrupt all 3 ceremonies. Any thoughts on the distribution between assault locations? We may want to spread the Psychics amongst the teams because if Nxla can entirely negate a team with his bullshit-mind-frakking, those folks are going to be powerless to defend themselves while he has them trapped within their own minds ... myself included sadly."

OOC: Is Rocky in the Ironwing PA?
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:33 pm

Order of Battle
NE-ATRV
    Ray the Robot (Lahz's) piloting NE-ATRV
    William (Roughnecks)
    Jack (Roughnecks)
    Wakiza (Roughnecks)
    Vheld (Spooks)
    Silhouette (Vheld's)
    Sshir (Vheld's)
    Slithn (Vheld's)
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep
    Rocky (MARS)--pilot
    Saul (MARS)
    Felix (MARS)
    Ernstweavel (MARS)
Cargonaut
    Seymour (Spooks)
    Ronan (Spooks)
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse
    Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks)
Black Talon Motorcycle
    Minerva (Spooks)
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle
    Mierin (Spooks)
Marauder PA
    Lahz (Spooks)
Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter
    Daphne (MARS)
Separate
    John (Roughnecks)--afoot; forward scout
    Brokswa (Vheld's)--flying alongside ATRV
    Bel'Dar (Vheld's)--flying alongside ATRV
    Tony the Tiger-Bot (Lahz's)--shadowing Lahz

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.


Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 0400
Environmental Effects: None; 70°, dead calm
Location: Unknown village, along the Ohio River


Saul considers all that he's told and all that he knows regarding this Nxla, Xombies, and his recent psychic episode. Saul is unaware of any similar psychic phenomenon of the kind he and the others experienced outside of myths and legends from the dark ages. It doesn't sound like anything magic or a demonic being could cause, but he has scant information on which to make a clear judgment. Regarding the xombies, he knows about as much as what's been described to him by others: namely, hearsay backed up with some theories and anecdotal evidence. Nxla is little more than a rumor in Dweomer, a frightening tale of corruption and evil which is widely regarded as a provincial superstition by those who reside in civilized urban centers in the Magic Zone. Saul knows he's heard the term "Grey Seer" before many times, but for the life of him, he just can't recall any details.

Wolf has heard a tale or two about a great evil in a place called Soulharvest, reputedly a safe haven for necromancers and forbidden magics, but aside from that, this is all new information to him.

Lahz has no specific information as to precise locations of the three places mentioned by Ecks. The best he can do is to approximate distances to general areas based on known geographic areas. The ruins of Lexington, around which two of the three locations are centered, are approximately two hundred and forty miles distant as the bird flies. The heart of Soulharvest, while certainly further, is not as clearly known given the unknown nature or size of that reportedly densely forested region. Regarding Slithn, he seems to recall such Deevils as being susceptible to magic and psionics.

John takes watch while everyone else gets camp set up. Some sleep in the ATRV, some sleep in the tents brought by Daphne, and some simply rough it with their familiar bedrolls. After an hour or so, a few of the villagers insist John get some sleep, and take the remainder of the watch for him. Vheld's minions and the few robots among the company of three teams maintain the vigil throughout the night.


Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 1100
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, oppressively humid, dead calm
Location: Unknown village, along the Ohio River


Awakened and mostly refreshed, everyone wakes by ten, goes through their morning routines in the field, and gets all the gear stowed for a day of great potential uncertainty. By eleven, they're all ready to travel. Dweomer, Stormspire, and Psyscape still remain uncontacted, but they've managed to gain the future support of The True Federation and Magestar, and now have M.A.R.S. along to assist from Merctown as well. They've one day, perhaps two at the most to gain as many new allies as they can, and to stop three rituals in three different locations from happening. As the heat of the day begins to pick up, and camp is cleared, the clarity of a night's sleep begins to weigh on the minds of all as the daunting scope of the task before them, and the tight schedule required by the circumstances makes failure an all-too-possible possibility, and with that (reputedly), certain death.

What are your intentions?

GM NOTES:
  • Any remaining gear that needs to be transferred or deleted?
  • Reminder: Skill checks are ignored which don't also have explanation as to what they're being used to achieve.
  • Is Seymour done reorganizing his gear?


Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -30 M.D.C. to armor, -56 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots,
NE-ATRV:
Ray the Robot:
William Summers: -0 P.P.E., -58 MD
Jack:
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; -38 M.D.C. from FF
Vheld: -0 P.P.E.; -1 charge/invincible armor talisman, -16 S.D.C.
Silhouette:
Sshir:
Slithn:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
Rocky:
Saul:
Felix:
Ernstweavel:
Cargonaut:
Seymour:
Ronan:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Wolf Whitaker:
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Minerva: -30 M.D.C. to crystal armor, -17 I.S.P., -51 M.D. to Psionic Forcefield; 4th Psionic Forcefield activation
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Marauder PA: LPC: 240 shots/-40 shots; -30 M.D. to N-F50A Force Field
Lahz:
Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter:
Daphne:
John Altfeld:
Brokswa: -1 charge/invincible armor talisman
Bel'Dar: -1 charge/invincible armor talisman
Tony the Tiger-Bot: -11 M.D. to Cyborg Armor
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5262
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:05 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 59 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: 1d100 = 94

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary], Marauder PA

ISP: 211/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 94

Roundabout 0800, Lahz is awakened by a crick in his neck that reminds him he's not a spry-90-year-old anymore, and as he cracks one eye open, the Psi-Tech mentally reaches out to check his Drone-Gauntlet for any missed indicators or messages, *I'm too young to feel this damn old. Look at Vheld over there, that guy's a freaking machine. He never seems to sleep ... oh wait, he-has-that-magic doesn't he? ... That may be a very good idea for the field.* The Elf rises semi-quietly [Prowl 66-2=64%: 1d100 = 83] and tries to avoid waking those otherwise slumbering in the ATV, and makes his way over to the Atlantean and waves in greeting before stifling a yawn, "Morning. It occurred to me, it might be a good idea to impose on your patience and get you to toss that Sustain spell my way since we may have a long day of travel followed by a long night ahead of us."

Assuming Vheld complies, Lahz thanks the man, then sets off to run a systems-check on the Marauder. He doesn't quite make it. Instead, in short order, the Psi-tech is carefully examining the transformable robot that the little pixie-type girl with the weird hair brought in last night (carefully meaning walking slowly around the Bot with 1 hand hovering about 6 inches away from its surface as he mentally delves its alien [Kittani] transformation system).

Mechanical Engineering 83%: 1d100 = 4 (looking the Bot over out of curiosity and interest)
Robot Mechanics 78%: 1d100 = 69 (looking the Bot over out of curiosity and interest)
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 100%: 1d100 = 95 (looking the Bot over out of curiosity and interest)
Weapons Engineer 83%: 1d100 = 82 (looking the Bot over out of curiosity and interest)
Electrical Engineer 83%: 1d100 = 47 (looking the Bot over out of curiosity and interest)
Robot Electronics 76%: 1d100 = 40 (looking the Bot over out of curiosity and interest)


If he is approached by Daphne (or really anyone else), Lahz is startled out of his reverie and seems sheepish, "Oh, hi there. Good morning."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:28 am

JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 93
PER: 1d100 = 56 vs. 76%

As the team prepares to camp out in the ruined remnants of the village, Vheld appears oblivious to any discomfort evidenced by their surroundings- either the villagers' corpses or the ley line itself. The shifter, for his part, is happy as a clam to bask in the energies there. Since Lahz's robots are at least as indefatigable as Vheld's minions, and likely more reliable in a crunch, Vheld will let Tony take the lead on watch. When he thinks no-one is looking, Vheld will smile to himself at John's precautions against Slithn. Smart.

Vheld will observe the newcomers and attempt to catalogue their various capabilities. It shouldn't take him long to conclude that few of them pose a threat to the shifter and his coterie. Not that it will come to that, of course.

Saul wrote:"Thank you, I did not know about the Grey Seers. We've only been hired yesterday and the task appears to grow more complicated by the minute. Any... additional information we can be given would prove most useful."
Vheld shrugs. "Most of our additional information is semi-informed speculation at this point. Nxla's general strategy seems to revolve around the use of servitors to steal souls from the local populace, in the process creating one or two specialized forms of undead whilst also, presumably, growing his own power. The end goal of the process is to allow him to manifest physically on the target world and invade it with his undead horde en masse. That information is based on a couple of old, anecdotal reports so don't put too much stock in it, but it is consistent with the abduction and adversaries we saw here. As for the Grey Seers, this is my first direct encounter with them but my understanding is that they are generally considered healers. Do-gooders, even, albeit ineffectual ones if the current state of the planet is any indication. We also have unconfirmed reports that Nxla's followers are effectively operating as a necromantic cult in the area, with rituals in at least three locations. It is likely in our best interest to stop them." Vheld pauses, then continues. "My minion Slithn was able to mind bond one of the necromancers before we killed him, so if you have any specific questions you may try your luck with her. Apparently the fellow was low-ranking and rather dim, however, so it's unlikely you'll get much of use. We certainly didn't."

Vheld stays up late into the night, eschewing his mundane needs as much as possible (as always). He'll spend most of his time meditating, or simply sitting in the dark and waiting. Perhaps irritated with himself for not bringing a grimoire to study with the down-time. He'll drift off to get a few hours' sleep reluctantly, but as he does so Sil remains curled up at his feet, awake and alert for any danger. The rest of Vheld's minions flop sourly on the ground, or drift through the surrounding woods looking for any wild animals (or better yet, monsters) that they could kill without incurring their master's wrath.

Vheld awakes early, likely well before everyone else as he needs only four hours' sleep to be fully refreshed. He'll take a stroll around camp (quietly), and maybe even explore the woods to enjoy the morning- he's that bored. He will, however, return once the others stir and make sure that he and his minions are ready to depart. If nothing else, Vheld will take advantage of the downtime and the ley line's proximity to recharge his and his minions' talismans, in anticipation of a long day. He'll also use his healing tattoo on himself to get rid of the nasty bruise forming as a result of his earlier fall.

Lahz wrote:"Morning. It occurred to me, it might be a good idea to impose on your patience and get you to toss that Sustain spell my way since we may have a long day of travel followed by a long night ahead of us."
Vheld nods. "Of course. I expect you're right. Hold still, this will take a few seconds." Muttering the incantation and laying his hand on Lahz's shoulder, Vheld completes the spell. He'll repeat the process for anyone who asks, but won't exactly shout his capability from the rooftops. Depending on how transportation for his sub-group shakes out, Vheld will draw PPE from the ley line to cast fly as the eagle on Sil and Sshir if necessary.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:33 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 99
JIC d20: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 65

Jack is talking with his Wak and Will, "I think the bestway to split is not to put all the psi's in one bunch. be terrrible if they all get KO'ed at the beginning of an attack."

OOC Comments
Butcher Bill Update on Jack ISP my calculations recovered 50 ISP out of the 59. The damage to armor was done to his force field and should be 0 Damage.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2 / 70%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 45

CONDITIONS: John is 10 feet tall.

Before going to bed, John rubs himself down with the petals from a rose. As morning dawns, he dreams uneasily. "...do I want to touch your bones? ...smooth... you want to do what? We shouldn't..."

His eyes snap open. Was I just having a dream about Slithn? No, that would be weird. And gross...


John stands, stretches, and lays out his relatively meager gear, then pops one of his MREs and chows down on the glop. It's fuel. Just fuel.

He walks over to Wakiza and the other 'commanders' and says, "Where am I leading us to today?" Assuming any of them explain the situation he shakes his head in awe. "That's a tall order. One day to get to Lexington and then to Stormspire. If we can move at speed, that shouldn't be a problem. We won't be able to get much intel heading into the fight with the cultists, though."

He looks around. "Not that these were much of a challenge."

Except to the locals...


He then helps move anything heavy that needs moving before they head out.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:16 am

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 89

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 86

Vheld wrote:"Most of our additional information is semi-informed speculation at this point. Nxla's general strategy seems to revolve around the use of servitors to steal souls from the local populace, in the process creating one or two specialized forms of undead whilst also, presumably, growing his own power. The end goal of the process is to allow him to manifest physically on the target world and invade it with his undead horde en masse. That information is based on a couple of old, anecdotal reports so don't put too much stock in it, but it is consistent with the abduction and adversaries we saw here. As for the Grey Seers, this is my first direct encounter with them but my understanding is that they are generally considered healers. Do-gooders, even, albeit ineffectual ones if the current state of the planet is any indication. We also have unconfirmed reports that Nxla's followers are effectively operating as a necromantic cult in the area, with rituals in at least three locations. It is likely in our best interest to stop them. My minion Slithn was able to mind bond one of the necromancers before we killed him, so if you have any specific questions you may try your luck with her. Apparently the fellow was low-ranking and rather dim, however, so it's unlikely you'll get much of use. We certainly didn't."


Stealing souls... Saul shudders at the vileness. That explains why necromancers would kidnap living beings instead of just making an army of already-dead corpses.

"Slithn... this is the deevil that ... the giant person was talking about? He was ranting about roses earlier. So you... are a Shifter, I take it?"

Lore: Demons & Monsters 35% 1d100 = 4 (do I know anything about whatever kind of Deevil Slithn is - or can I confirm what John Altfield has said - CRIT SUCCESS)

Saul's distaste of associating with blatantly supernatural evil beings is tamped down. However evil the deevil may be... he is under control of this man, at least for now, and being put to good ends. Still... I shall have to watch our backs. I do not trust this creature. Saul keeps his expression studiously academic, betraying no distaste for Vheld's methods. Now is the time for diplomacy. "It is good to have a Shifter by our side. That is a useful set of talents." I don't think I shall question your deevil, good sir. I think I shall maintain a careful distance, in point of fact.

Saul stands watch, as offered, making certain to be alert for threats - both from inside and outside the village. Before sleep, Saul takes a moment to consider what he's learned. Because writing helps him organize his thoughts, and in preparation for the book he is writing about his field experiences, he takes out his journal.

6/3/111

The hour is late. We returned to Merctown whereupon we were suddenly attacked by forces unknown, the psychics among us, myself included, thrown down by a force I'd never before encountered. Subsequently we were hired for an urgent mission - we'd barely had time to unpack before we repacked, restocked our supplies, and headed out on the job. We were one of three mercenary crews hired for this job, the other two being the Roughnecks and the Spook Squad. Upon arrival at a village that was the scene of a recent attack by necromancers,w e were briefed on the job details - I will include them later - but suffice to say there were necromancers involved, doing the bidding of a creature called Nxla. To what end we do not know. I also learned that we are pieces on a board - Nxla is one player, and the mysterious Grey Seers are another. Tomorrow morn we alight to one of three locales - the group leaders are in conference to determine who is assigned which.


Saul then "racks down" - no stranger to sleeping in a tent due to his time on the Dweomer Militia.

In the morning, he arises to the sounds of the village and mercs bustling about. He dresses, collapses his tent and stows his gear. Saul gears up in his mage armor, makes certain his newly-acquired NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II is clipped to his harness in case he finds need of it, and straps on his magical wings - a set of mechanical-looking polished brass wings, each feather glinting gold and green in the light. A bit awkward for him perhaps, but he may have need of aerial capabilities, he reasons.

He sighs. Cue the jokes about flying monkeys. Despite the ancient nature of the reference, everyone thinks they are the first to tell the joke.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 101/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:58 am

JiC: 1d100 = 96 / 1d20 = 5
Perception [19%]: 1d100 = 22
Jury-Rig [39%]: 1d100 = 5 (One can never be too sure that equipment is secure)
Prowl [54%]: 1d100 = 34 (One can never be too quiet when others are sleeping)
Intelligence [54%]: 1d100 = 12 (One can never be wrong to admit they need more information)
Detect Ambush [54%]: 1d100 = 40 (A soldier can never not look at a camp objectively and not watch for out of place stuff)

After situating into the gear for the first time and hearing the ten foot John address him and ask to arm wrestle, he'll cock an eyebrow and shrug. "I've never turned down a test of strength. Either your stronger than me... or your not. Been a long day though, how about in the morning." Ronan answers with a smile from behind his goggles and John can see on his face that Ronan talks as though he hasn't lost one yet, though his smile does fade at the after thought.

Ronan subconsciously has resigned to filling the role of a soldier as a way to cope with the fact he still has no idea if the rest of his former team even survived. Before bedding down, Ronan triple checks his load out under the night sky, his darkened goggles lifted so they rest on his forehead as he sifts through everything. I always was the strongest on my team... Quorra, John, Miranda, William, Reed. Did our final mission together end in failure? The possibilities are limitless at this point... Ronan thinks to himself. His eyes trace his gear as he works, lost in thought but going through the motions of the soldier. Once he is comfortable he can move freely and not worry about losing gear, he'll move to bed down.

While searching for a good spot to bed down, he notices one of the strange looking newcomers (Saul) with the booklet and sort of tilts his head while looking. That is an interesting idea. Maybe I should look into keeping a journal of my time on this planet... Reed kept a journal of the team's missions, maybe I should keep the spirit alive... He pauses and will move to Saul slowly, respectfully.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt. I am Ronan. Do you have more material like that? I find myself in a certain predicament and logging it or writing it down may help me sift through it objectively, you could consider me a newcomer to the area..." Ronan asks, gesturing towards Saul's booklet, trailing off at the final statement.

If Saul obliges, he'll thank him and then move to bed down. Otherwise, he'll move on and having none of his standard set up with him, he will climb to the roof of the cargonaugt he has been riding in with his full gear still in hand and find a spot he can rest his back against. He'll keep his KLS slung and rest the Viper across his lap, ammunition locked but not loaded and re-situate his goggles so they once again hide his eyes. I want to talk to this Vheld more about his abilities... they might be the key to determining the fate of my companions, or even a way home. he'll think to himself, his eyes tracing the camp outline [Detect Ambush]. If he has any material to write from Saul , he'll try but won't immediately be able to find the words for what happened or how he is feeling.He won't immediately offer to take a watch, having not slept since well before his rude entrance and let his eyes drift off.

After a few hours, the soldier will 'officially' wake up around 0600 in local time and will get up and move to the outside of the camp as quietly as he can [Prowl]. He'll go for a quick and light jog around the area while wearing the equipment, but far enough away that he wouldn't disrupt anyone if it rattled, close enough to keep eyes on it. If his gear did rattle, he'd stop and re situate his gear until he felt he can run without worrying about random equipment flying around or rattling [Jury-Rig]. Then return to the camp, grab a ration and sit quietly until everyone else begun to rouse.

If/when he spots Vheld and Lahz arise early in the morning as he does (or before him), he'll approach Vheld and Lahz (preferably around the time the Sustain Spell was cast, just so their together). "Pardon me. If you have a moment, I have a request, and do pretend that you are speaking to someone who isn't educated in the way of this world, be it your magic or whatever else may be here. In fact, don't pretend." Ronan starts, not hiding that he isn't sure how he fits into this yet before continuing. "I just need to know more about this planet. It wouldn't be good form for me to be caught off guard with every new encounter because I don't understand my enemies. I'm usually not much interested in reading but given the circumstances, any sort of information would help me help you. And of course, I will answer what I can about myself and where I came from it that matters right now." Ronan finishes [Intelligence], hoping that the two can see the plight of the dimensional being.

When John wakes up, he'll jokingly jest "Start the day with an arm wrestle?"
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 68 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 14

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Rocky wrote:When Rocky hears his name he turns towards the source and smiles at someone he knew a long time ago, Wak, he radiates a very friendly vibes to all those around him,as he speaks to his old friend, "Wak how have you been I am glad your still alive and doing Great." as he looks at him, Rocky continues, "Not, retired, I was gone for a while, then a yea or so later I came back. and tried to find the old group , none were around, and got to help a Group off world. They asked me to join and I said yes. so here I am, with. I think we are joining your group for this endeavor so stick together and head out at the same time will allow us to go over old times. And introduce the other teems here at our compound. "

Wak nods, "Sounds good old friend, I lead these Roughnecks and we've been through the wringer lately. Off world to a planet of eyeballs, monstrous undead creations, vampire kingdoms, Splyycryth's Sploogs, and now lovely necromancers. Work never ends, but it is good to see you alive. Don't know what happened to the rest of the crew as I was whisked away off planet shortly after leaving DRS." He looks over the the Spooks then back to Rocky, "I am glad you are here for this bud, I don't remember if you had ever been there, but do you have any contacts in Pyscape? We are heading there soon." The Spooks are competent, but it is good to know someone with a mortal compass is along for the ride.

In the morning he finds Wolf, "Sorry I was a bit busy and distracted last night, so you are the new guy? What can you do?"

John Altfeld wrote:He walks over to Wakiza and the other 'commanders' and says, "Where am I leading us to today?" Assuming any of them explain the situation he shakes his head in awe. "That's a tall order. One day to get to Lexington and then to Stormspire. If we can move at speed, that shouldn't be a problem. We won't be able to get much intel heading into the fight with the cultists, though."

He looks at John, "Don't know yet, let me find out." He finds Rocky and Lahz and Vheld, "Hey Will come with me." Once he finds them, "so what is the plan? find allies then to Lexington? Or other way around?"
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:25 am

(rolls carried over)

Ronan wrote:"Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt. I am Ronan. Do you have more material like that? I find myself in a certain predicament and logging it or writing it down may help me sift through it objectively, you could consider me a newcomer to the area..."


Saul looks up from his writing to see the soldier standing before him.

"Of course. Half a moment." He stands, setting his journal and pen to the side, and begins rummaging through his sack. "I'm afraid it's not much - just my reserve in case one is lost or damaged." He hands a small notebook to the alien. Unlike his own leather-bound journal, it is small, paper-bound, and thin. With it, he passes over two pens.

"I am called Saul. Good to meet you Ronan. Journalling my experiences often helps me to sort through my thoughts. As does talking them through with others. Is..."

He looks at the man quizzically. "...Is there something wrong?"

What a fraught question. Everyone I've met has a mental dysfunction. Something is always wrong.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 101/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:26 am

[[Rolls Held]]

Ronan accepts the loose paper and couple pens with a smile that looks forced as he shrugs at the question. "Honestly, the one called Will the Wandered might be able to say more, he saw me arrive. I nearly collapsed the house he was occupying at the time. As it was explained to me, it appears by some freak accident, I traveled to a different planet by something your people call Rifts. 'Earth', I believe is what it is referred to as, is not my home. And so far, I am not fond of it. Luckily my reception was shockingly less violent than I expected, at least initially. And so far everyone.. " he gestures to the Spooks, Roughnecks and then to him holding up the loose papers softly, "... has been more understanding than one can hope. This must happen often here." He continues, not really diving into what's eating at him but explaining the predicament he mentioned.

By Inanna, I half expected to have to fight the Wanderer when I first saw him or that flying reptile thing. He finds himself thinking passively with a soft chuckle. Holding the papers, "Thank you again, Saul. I would not mind talking more, but I should rack down, it has been a long day." He moves towards the Cargonaught before pausing just a couple feet past Saul and adding. "I look forward to working with you and your crew. The more friends we have, the better I think; no matter the origin."
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 87



Wolf rises from the side of his horse, which is laying on the ground with Wolf, and stretches feeling his joints loosen up. Wolf shakes out his jacket, throws it on and stows his spare pants, used as his pillow, back into his backpack. A quick gear check to ensure he has all weapons ready, loaded, and secure. "Dusty. Stand." The horse quickly follows the command and stands. Wolf ensures his saddle is tight and ready for travel. Wolf's head comes up as Wakiza approaches him.

Wakiza wrote:
In the morning he finds Wolf, "Sorry I was a bit busy and distracted last night, so you are the new guy? What can you do?"



Wolf tips his hat to Wakiza. "No apologies need. Things happened quickly last night. I am Wolf. Pleased to officially meet you." Wolf pauses ever so slightly when asked what he can do. "I'm just a simple man who is quick on the draw. You give me a pistol and point me at a target you'll have it. I prefer the old school six shooters, but I can use anything in a pinch." Wolf pulls out his Equalizer and opens the cylinder to replace the NE-002 rounds with his only 6 Equalizer rounds. "This is Martha. She can put even the strongest people on their ass. Only have six shots for her right now." Wolf slaps the cylinder closed and holsters the weapon. "In addition to my shooting abilities, I have the skills of a marginal scout. I can generally remain hidden when I wish to, but it's not generally how I like to fight. I can also get information out of people they wish to keep hidden. Other then that I'm quickly learning about the undead and I expect to have more knowledge in that area by the time we are finished here." Wolf finishes repacking his gear. and turns once more to Waz. "Oh...also if you have the supplies I can cook too. It's not always the best, but sometimes a hot meal on the road can lift the spirits." Don't give too much...He will use it against you...Shut up...

Wolf laughs as he hears Ronan speak about arm wrestling John. "What do you think Wakiza? John got this? Should I start getting bets from everyone? Oh, maybe the Rat can film it and we can sell it in MercTown when we finish the mission. Hey what was the Rat's name again? I don't think I met him before everyone turned in last night."
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 9

Weapons

NE-6SL ; NE-6SL
6/6 ; 6/6


NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver x2
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:07 pm

Rolls as above

Wak nods to Wolf, "So a gun hand. Good, we can always use more of those. Don't think I've heard of you though, so you still must be on the younger side. How fast are you with that thing?" Wak puts his hand near his Widow-Maker and gives the kid a friendly smile. "Just to the draw, no shooting. After you?" When he makes a move Wak will draw, but keep his finger away from the trigger.

Init for the draw: 1d20+16 = 23

Regardless of who wins, he nods again, "You'll do. Equal share for equal work. We each get an equal share and the company takes a separate and equal share for future purchases and upkeep. This mission is supposed to be an ugly one. Necromancers who steal souls, but if you want in, we'll take you. Just don't die!" Or fade away. like several have been doing over the years!
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:40 pm

**rolls held over**

Wolf gives a sly grin to Waz. "I had only made a name for myself in a small area of Arizona. I kept running into people looking to kill for a title and it became tiresome. But I'm game for a little show and tell" Wolf will first remove the rounds currently in his NE magnum pistols to ensure there are no accidental discharges of the weapons. "Have to practice like the real thing. Trigger pull is part of the draw. To not go all the way would change the developed muscle memory. Ok they are clear." Wolf explains to Waz why he is unloading his weapons first. Wolf will keep one round in his hand and hold it up between them. Then his eyes drain of all emotion and his voice becomes flat. "Ready? Go when the round hits the ground." Without another word, his eyes locked on Waz, Wolf tosses the round in the air ready to draw when it his the ground.

(OOC: Wolf has a Horror factor 9 when being drawn on. And in one on one duels. But since this is a friendly test I'm not sure if it applies. See WB 14 pg 94.)


Draw both pistols and dry fire on empty chamber, Init: 1d20+14 = 23

Both men come up and on target at the same time.

"You are quite fast yourself." Wolf tips his hat to Waz, his voice back to its cheerful tone, his eyes softening as a smile creeps up his face.

Wakiza wrote: Wak puts his hand near his Widow-Maker and gives the kid a friendly smile. "Just to the draw, no shooting. After you?" When he makes a move Wak will draw, but keep his finger away from the trigger.

Init for the draw: Original post: 1d20+16 = 23

Regardless of who wins, he nods again, "You'll do. Equal share for equal work. We each get an equal share and the company takes a separate and equal share for future purchases and upkeep. This mission is supposed to be an ugly one. Necromancers who steal souls, but if you want in, we'll take you. Just don't die!" Or fade away. like several have been doing over the years!


Wolf listens to Waz as he reloads his pistols. "Everything sounds fair. I am definitely in. Thank you for having me. And I would love to promise not to die...but it comes for all of us at some point. Might as well be doing something crazy right?"
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 9

Weapons

NE-6SL ; NE-6SL
6/6 ; 6/6


NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver x2
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:34 am

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: John is at +5 feet.

If Ronan has his conversation with Saul close enough to the larger 'leadership' group for John to hear, John says, "I have comprehensive information on basically everything including history, magic, and nature on my computer. You can borrow it to read if you promise to return it to your friendly team-assigned Roughneck when you're done."

Ronan wrote:When John wakes up, he'll jokingly jest "Start the day with an arm wrestle?"


John stares at Ronan for a split second. "Yes. We must DO this."

He looks around for a rock to use as a table. "I won't grow any bigger, but I'm staying at this height, okay?" If Ronan assents, John props his arm on the rock and grabs Ronan's hand. He strains against Ronan's unmoving, sinewy limb, making no headway. And then, he totally cheats, growing an extra foot, before feeling his clothes about to pop.

HERE IS WHERE RONAN KICKS JOHN'S ASS AT ARMWRESTLING.

"What? You totally cheated! I don't know how, but... damn. You're really strong, Space Beef." He offers to shake hands with Ronan.


Map Map Map, Yeeah!

Once the decision has been made on where to go and who's going, John takes out their existing maps and gathers information from all the locals in the various merc outfits to put together a map and a plan for how to get to their destinations.

Cartography: 1d100 = 68 / 65%

John turns to one of the locals and says, "Hey, what's the name of this town? I need to put it on a map. And sorry about your buildings getting all messed up and your friends taken. That was really messed up."

At least they'll get a lot of tourism as the site of one of my early victories once I've ascended to godhood.
Last edited by John Altfeld on Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:56 am

John wrote: "Yes. We must DO this." "I won't grow any bigger, but I'm staying at this height, okay?"


Ronan nods and approaches the rock table, rolling back his shoulder and lifting his goggles to establish eye contact. John can see seemingly pupil-less misty grayish eyes staring back at him now. Easily a few feet taller than I am. Strength to match, moved rocks like it was nothing. Ronan smiles and places his elbow on the rock table, unflinching when his hand is dwarfed by Johns. Ronan will state, "Whenever you're ready."

Eye idea
Ronan Eye Style.jpg


When Ronan's hand clasps with Johns, he will get a read out on his flesh to determine if it is being augmented by any external force and if he, sub-sequentially, needs to respond. Flesh Works.

Ronan feels the larger man exert considerable pressure that actually makes him tense his shoulders to respond, though his arm remains stoic against Johns. Ronan tilts his head, takes a deep breathe and presses back against Johns hand. Not slamming his fist to the table but steadily taking it down against John's effort, his eyes never losing eye contact.

John wrote:"What? You totally cheated! I don't know how, but... damn. You're really strong, Space Beef."

When all is said and done, Ronan stands, readjusts his goggles and offers a hand shake. "You are no slouch, big man. Good game. It's interesting to find more than a few people of considerable strength here. We should get a drink sometime, I assume this world has a form of inebriation."
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:56 am

About to punch the rock apart when Ronan walks away, John unclenches his hand behind his back.

"There's inebriation like you wouldn't believe." John looks Ronan up and down. "You may need to get on the really hard stuff. I had to do that recently. There's a relatively large sub-population that can't get drunk the old-fashioned way and the, uh, local purveyors cater to them. I don't ask what's in the drinks. I think anti-freeze."

Then what Ronan said about strong people gets through. "I mean, I'm strong, but at this size, there's probably... I dunno a couple thousand people in range in MercTown alone. Hell, Vheld's monsters over there might even be able to give me a run for my money."

"Isn't your whole species as strong as you? Or are you, like, a mutant?"
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:32 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 18
JIC d20: 1d20 = 6
JIC d100: 1d100 = 76

Wak nods, "Sounds good old friend, I lead these Roughnecks and we've been through the wringer lately. Off world to a planet of eyeballs, monstrous undead creations, vampire kingdoms, Splyycryth's Sploogs, and now lovely necromancers. Work never endas whisked away off planet shortly after leaving DRS." He looks over the Spooks then bas, but it is good to see you alive. Don't know what happened to the rest of the crew as I wck to Rocky, "I am glad you are here for this bud, I don't remember if you had ever been there, but do you have any contacts in Pyscape? We are heading there soon." The Spooks are competent, but it is good to know someone with a mortal compass is along for the ride.


Rocky looks at Wak as he tells of what happened after their last mission together with DRS. This explains why the animal house was rundown when I finally reappeared.

“I am glad that you are alive and well. As far as contacts, my family comes from there. I might have some small contacts. If this is as serious as you are saying I would say that Psyscape would want to know about what is happening. The Gray Seers might have already contacted people there.”
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 79

Location: Unknown village

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare


Mierin also discreetly asks Vheld to cast the Sustain spell on her, remembering how useful it was when she was flung out into the ocean by a telekinetic beast. While she wasn't expecting that to happen again, Mierin figures it's better to be safe than sorry. Once it's done, Mierin nods at Vheld in thanks. ”Appreciate it.”

When the arm wrestling happens between Pebbles and Ronan, Mierin rolls her eyes and ignores it. Stupid waste of time, if you ask me. Mierin thinks to herself. Since Rocky either didn't remember her from the job up in space or he was ignoring her, Mierin doesn't bother speaking to him again not wanting to waste her time. Mierin double checks her weapons and waits for the order to head out.
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 50/50
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zed » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:29 am

Perception: 24% | 1d100 = 6
JiC d20/d100:  1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 1


The Timneh Zed, thanks the elder mage then steps smartly through the rift. Thankful for the “shortcut,” and appreciative yet again for the usefulness that comes with wizardry. He pauses to scan the area and gain some scope of what he has 'ported into.

Upon seeing Summers, an accomplished smirk invades the features under his hood, and he approaches the man with an appropriate Dweomer greeting.

Hello, I have been looking for and am now sent to you. I am Zed, Magus of The Three, at you all's service.” He says attempting to get right to the point.

I hope he still remembers our customs, he has been gone a while, and who knows what he has seen and done since being away from home.
P.P.E.: 177|177 +3d6/lvl
S.D.C.: 45|45
H.P.: 20|20 +1d6/lvl


Special Abilities
1. One with the body: -50% fatigue rate, hold breath for 3 minutes, +5% to balance
2. One with the mind: alert and able to stay focused even when all hell is breaking loose around him
3. One with Magic: comprehensive understanding of the principles of magic and is especially well versed in ritual magic and power spells
4. Pilot Automaton. [All, but prefers the Colossus]
5. May Draw P.P.E. from ley lines, nexus points, people, and ritual blood sacrifice the same as a Ley Line Walker
6. Link with the Lords of Magic: can draw upon the P.P.E. reserves of the three Lords of Magic to create magic weapons via the Enchant Weapons (minor) spell, at 50% P.P.E. cost to The Three; alerts The Three when a High Mage is killed
7. Automaton Creation & Bonding Rituals: knows the secrets of creating Automatons and the bonding ritual that gives the Controllers their unique union with the magical constructs


Zed aka Daelur Ezekiel Zenth
User avatar
Zed
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:51 pm

**Rolls Held Over**

After Wolf and Waz have finished with their test, Wolf looks up from his pistols as the rift pops into existence and Zed walks through. Who the hell...What an ugly bird...at least I think that's a bird. Is it leaving feathers in it's wake? Wolf goes back to what he was doing as the bird moves to talk to some one else.

Wolf turns back to Waz. "So what is the plan? I mean I know we are trying to stop these ritual things...but...do we have plan on how to do that? I'll go where you need me, I'm just hoping we have a direction." Wolf nudges Waz and motions to the bird. "So do we know who that is? He gets his own personal rift to find us. Must be something there."
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 9

Weapons

NE-6SL ; NE-6SL
6/6 ; 6/6


NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver x2
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Lahz wrote:Perception [42%]: Original post: 1d100 = 59 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 94

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary], Marauder PA

ISP: 211/211
Telemechanics [98%]: Original post: 1d100 = 94


==================================

Ronan wrote:... he'll approach Vheld and Lahz (preferably around the time the Sustain Spell was cast, just so their together). "Pardon me. If you have a moment, I have a request, and do pretend that you are speaking to someone who isn't educated in the way of this world, be it your magic or whatever else may be here. In fact, don't pretend." Ronan starts, not hiding that he isn't sure how he fits into this yet before continuing. "I just need to know more about this planet. It wouldn't be good form for me to be caught off guard with every new encounter because I don't understand my enemies. I'm usually not much interested in reading but given the circumstances, any sort of information would help me help you. And of course, I will answer what I can about myself and where I came from it that matters right now." Ronan finishes [Intelligence], hoping that the two can see the plight of the dimensional being.


As the Atlantean's spell [Sustain] settles protectively across Lahz's being he glances up at the approach of the Alien-Soldier-D-bee, Ronan. The Psi-tech's brows knit slightly at the extraordinarily vague request and tries to cobble together a summary as best he can, "You dropped in miraculously, from across dimensions, and seem to speak one of the primary languages of this world, so wherever you are from, it probably has alot of similarities ... Not in fashion with hair like that, but then again ... ~~he looks over at the tent where the diminutive Daphne (of the Pink hair) is sleeping ~~ "there are much weirder things walking around. Superintelligent bugs, magic, demons, dragons, giants, mutants, really the whole world is a slow-motion-clusterfuck. Something like 500 years ago, this world was primarily inhabited by humans like ... Queen, Wakiza, Wolf, and Will. Some kind of apocalypse happens and Bam billions die, most of the technology in the world goes haywire and they have demons and shit running amok. Those who still had tech used it to fight off demons and monsters and create petty little kingdoms ... then folks started developing psionics, and within a few generations Magic. These did not stop or kill off the demons and monsters but it gave the locals a better chance of not being entirely wiped out. At some point, in addition to the random-ass Rifts in space time, and dimensions spitting out demons and monsters, they started opening and snatching people from other worlds, people like my Grandparents. Just a couple of Elves out for a freaking stroll when Bam they're refugees in some nightmare landscape where the locals are not all friendly. Anyways, that's the short short short version. You want something else, live a couple weeks and we'll drop you at a library. Basically, it's like Entropy and Irony got together and started a game to see who could fuck this world over the most without quite destroying it ... whoever destroys it buys dinner or something."

With that the Elf (who doesn't look it) answers any further questions he can then goes back to examining the Kittani fighter that Pinky-Punky-Brewster (Daphne) parked in-camp for a good 20 minutes before wandering off to ponder how to get everyone up and moving, and how to split their personnel to hit 3 targets, simultaneously. **Daphne here is probably one of or maybe our best option for a scout, because she can get a birds eye view from 2 miles up and be out of range from almos any damn magic. Her jet's faster than anything else, but then again, Magic's been frakking over Tech in this Zone for a while and it's not like it's going to be an easy radar ping to put eyeballs on these spots ... **

John Altfeld wrote:He walks over to Wakiza and the other 'commanders' and says, "Where am I leading us to today?" Assuming any of them explain the situation he shakes his head in awe. "That's a tall order. One day to get to Lexington and then to Stormspire. If we can move at speed, that shouldn't be a problem. We won't be able to get much intel heading into the fight with the cultists, though."


Wakiza wrote:He looks at John, "Don't know yet, let me find out." He finds Rocky and Lahz and Vheld, "Hey Will come with me." Once he finds them, "so what is the plan? find allies then to Lexington? Or other way around?"


Lahz shakes his head thoughtfully at Wakiza, "Far as I can wrestle my way through this Nxla can reach out and snatch our Psychics out of commission without warning or notice, which is of course a Mega-Dick move, but he does not seem overly concerned with any kind of fair play in the course of mind-frakking and dominating the world. And since our ''Intelligence'' from Ecks does not really tell us if this Triple-Ceremony is going down today, or tomorrow, if we try and gather extra help we might do so just in time to find out we Frakking missed it. We could send Daphne or John to Psyscape, and they could get back, but the rest of us would not be able to keep up."

**Have to make sure the Spooks are spread across these groups here because sometimes someone needs to make the hard choices damnit, and some of these kids just do not seem to have the stomach. Hell I kind of wish I could have the Giant guy, having someone the size of a damn building helps to draw fire.**

Running 1 hand through his hair the Psi-Tech looks from Wakiza to Rocky, "As for the breakdown of our forces, Wakiza, I would recommend you lead the team into this Temple in Soulharvest. With you would be Will, Vheld and his minions who bring ... alot of firepower as I am sure you know, and Seymour and Ronan. For the ceremony being conducted Ruins on the outskirts of Lexington I was thinking Rocky, you take Queen, Ernstweavel, the Monkey-guy ... Saul I think(?), Wolf the gunman, and John the Giant ... kinda wish I could have that one over with me, but I don't want to stack the deck on my side, leave folks feeling like they got short-end-of-a-stick. That would leave myself to rain down with Diamond (Minerva), the Robot-Pilot Daphne (?), and Mr. Volcano-Jack. Oh and Tony. Before we lift off, I would recommend we program 1 all-teams encrypted Radio channel, then an encrypted channel for each of the sub-teams. That will let each team communicate privately mid-battle and still have a way to ... Or, I can go to Psyscape astrally, which would probably be really stupid ... and is an idea I hate with a passion but, it might be our best way to get word to them while we are otherwise in-motion. That will have us heading North up the River and then East to Stormspire and Lexington. Temple group will probably launch at some point down a Ley Line into the Soulharvest area ... "

Radio: Basic 108%: 1d100 = 79
Cryptography 65%: EP Success (Program encrypted channels for Meadow/Temple/Ruins/All)

Zed wrote:The Timneh Zed, thanks the elder mage then steps smartly through the rift ... Upon seeing Summers, an accomplished smirk invades the features under his hood, and he approaches the man with an appropriate Dweomer greeting. “Hello, I have been looking for and am now sent to you. I am Zed, Magus of The Three, at you all's service.” He says attempting to get right to the point.


Lahz unabashedly draws his pistol as a new Portal opens and a birdman with a speargun walks into camp from ... wherever, "Magus of Three what? ... Are you here from Blackman? Did he find anything new?"

OOC: Assuming Zed advises he is there from Blackman and explains he is another Wizard of sorts, Lahz will revise and add Zed to the roster for his own (Meadows) team.

Whenever the Leadership round-table is over Lahz will head back to the Kittani fighter and look up its human pilot, "Daphne right? ... Hey
our last fight here had us fighting a bunch of demons with alot of immunities. But it occurred to me that something like a 500lb rock dropped from 2 miles up seems like it would be a hell of a way to start disrupting a ceremony. Any thoughts?"



OOC: GMs please update the Butcher's Bill for Marauder PA: None (all Laser shots and Force Field damage have been regenerated based on time expiration)
Last edited by Lahz on Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Rolls as above

Wolf Whitaker wrote:Both men come up and on target at the same time.

"You are quite fast yourself." Wolf tips his hat to Waz, his voice back to its cheerful tone, his eyes softening as a smile creeps up his face.

Wak shoots him a rare smile, "I've been around the block a few times, definitely handy that you can do that with two pistols."

Wolf Whitaker wrote:Wolf listens to Waz as he reloads his pistols. "Everything sounds fair. I am definitely in. Thank you for having me. And I would love to promise not to die...but it comes for all of us at some point. Might as well be doing something crazy right?"

"Welcome to the team, and sadly this isn't even close to the craziest thing we have done on a job."

Rocky wrote:Rocky looks at Wak as he tells of what happened after their last mission together with DRS. This explains why the animal house was rundown when I finally reappeared.
“I am glad that you are alive and well. As far as contacts, my family comes from there. I might have some small contacts. If this is as serious as you are saying I would say that Psyscape would want to know about what is happening. The Gray Seers might have already contacted people there.”

Wak just nods, "Excellent, if I remember right someone mentioned that Psyscape has been fighting these monsters for awhile now. I too have family there, well at least I think I do. My adopted parents were from Psyscape. I have never been."

As John gets beat, "What happened my over-sized friend? He beat you? Interesting?" Spirits, I've seen John do some crazy things and this guy is even stronger. Well we can probably use it.

After Zed approaches Will, "Will, who is your beaked friend here?"

Wolf Whitaker wrote:Wolf turns back to Waz. "So what is the plan? I mean I know we are trying to stop these ritual things...but...do we have plan on how to do that? I'll go where you need me, I'm just hoping we have a direction." Wolf nudges Waz and motions to the bird. "So do we know who that is? He gets his own personal rift to find us. Must be something there."

Wak says, "Well we were off to Stormspire and Psyscape to gather allies, but now we have a ritual to stop. We are working on the plan. Whatever the plan is and whichever team you go with, stick near a Roughneck and watch his back."

Lahz wrote: Lahz shakes his head thoughtfully at Wakiza, "Far as I can wrestle my way through this Nxla can reach out and snatch our Psychics out of commission without warning or notice, which is of course a Mega-Dick move, but he does not seem overly concerned with any kind of fair play in the course of mind-frakking and dominating the world. And since our ''Intelligence'' from Ecks does not really tell us if this Triple-Ceremony is going down today, or tomorrow, if we try and gather extra help we might do so just in time to find out we Frakking missed it. We could send Daphne or John to Psyscape, and they could get back, but the rest of us would not be able to keep up."

Wak just nods, "Doesn't feel like an attack to me, more like frustrations coming to boil. Let us hope that he can't just do that at will."

Lahz wrote:Running 1 hand through his hair the Psi-Tech looks from Wakiza to Rocky, "As for the breakdown of our forces, Wakiza, I would recommend you lead the team into this Temple in Soulharvest. With you would be Will, Vheld and his minions who bring ... alot of firepower as I am sure you know, and Seymour and Ronan. For the ceremony being conducted Ruins on the outskirts of Lexington I was thinking Rocky, you take Queen, Ernstweavel, the Monkey-guy ... Saul I think(?), Wolf the gunman, and John the Giant ... kinda wish I could have that one over with me, but I don't want to stack the deck on my side, leave folks feeling like they got short-end-of-a-stick. That would leave myself to rain down with Diamond (Minerva), the Robot-Pilot Daphne (?), and Mr. Volcano-Jack. Oh and Tony. Before we lift off, I would recommend we program 1 all-teams encrypted Radio channel, then an encrypted channel for each of the sub-teams. That will let each team communicate privately mid-battle and still have a way to ... Or, I can go to Psyscape astrally, which would probably be really stupid ... and is an idea I hate with a passion but, it might be our best way to get word to them while we are otherwise in-motion to"

Wak nods again, "Sounds like a good split. I don't think you are under-powered as you can see what Jack can do. Definitely a yes with the comms. I too was thinking about checking things astrally, but it seems like a bad idea. After the fight we can split the teams and head to Psyscape and Stormspire like we planned." He looks at Vheld, "Any thing else we should know about this little mission? Just disrupt the ceremonies and grab a notebook?"
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:40 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Wakiza wrote:Wak just nods, "Excellent, if I remember right someone mentioned that Psyscape has been fighting these monsters for awhile now. I too have family there, well at least I think I do. My adopted parents were from Psyscape. I have never been."


"It is very odd that the Roughnecks, MARS, and Spooks
all happened to be led by folks from Psyscape at the time of recruiting ... Especially since the Grey Seer claimed he had approached and been rebuffed by Psyscape and all the major Magic Zone powers. Maybe they are hoping some home-town boys will get a more sympathetic ear."


Wak nods again, "Sounds like a good split. I don't think you are under-powered as you can see what Jack can do. Definitely a yes with the comms. I too was thinking about checking things astrally, but it seems like a bad idea. After the fight we can split the teams and head to Psyscape and Stormspire like we planned." He looks at Vheld, "Any thing else we should know about this little mission? Just disrupt the ceremonies and grab a notebook?"


"By my calculations, Stormspire is essentially at or right near Lexington. Wak since you have Astral Abilities, if you can monitor my body while I make the trip, I can make it to Psyscape and give warning to my Father. Maybe he can even tell us a bit more about shielding ourselves from a Soul-hijacking. He's been fighting for them for 200 years ... if anyone knows he will be a good start ... I suppose it's also a good chance to catch up on lectures about how I don't listen and have shirked my responsibilities, right? ... Still be back probably before we leave the River." He finishes with a grin.

If Wakiza agreea or someone (Vheld) makes mention of a way to protect his body from possession, Lahz will lay down in his Marauder in the cargo area of the ATV as the combined group prepares to leave. He programs a radio frequency for Tony to monitor and act as a relay on (given his 300 mile range), then sets the Joint Lock program and disable all weapons systems. He will lastly set three passwords (1 only with Tony) for anyone to give when returning to his body, otherwise they should be immobilized before departing his body.

Astral Projection (8 ISP, 160 Minutes, )
Navigation 66%: EP Success

OOC: By my eyeball estimate, it should take around half an hour to get to Psyscape, give him ~1.5 hours to find some member of his family, give some kind of warning and get a radio frequency to them, then get the hell back.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:02 am

(Rolls carried over)

Ronan wrote: "Honestly, the one called Will the Wanderer might be able to say more, he saw me arrive. I nearly collapsed the house he was occupying at the time. As it was explained to me, it appears by some freak accident, I traveled to a different planet by something your people call Rifts. 'Earth', I believe is what it is referred to as, is not my home. And so far, I am not fond of it. Luckily my reception was shockingly less violent than I expected, at least initially. And so far everyone... has been more understanding than one can hope. This must happen often here."


Saul nods understandingly. "Indeed it does. Rather more frequently than some might prefer. I accept it as a fact of life. One may as well try to stop the waterfall with a spoon than to try to close all of the rifts. Earth is... difficult at times, but it can be lovely, if given a chance. Of course, it is the only planet I am familiar with."

Ronan wrote:"Thank you again, Saul. I would not mind talking more, but I should rack down, it has been a long day. I look forward to working with you and your crew. The more friends we have, the better I think; no matter the origin."


Saul smiles at the alien. "Agreed. Perhaps once we have returned to Merctown we can talk more - you can tell me about your home."

Saul wistfully watches the alien and the giant arm-wrestle. It is always amusing how soldiers spend their downtime. I was never given to such diversions, however.

When a rift opens up and a bird-man steps through, calling out to William, Saul's attention is diverted. Ronan is right - although this may be a common occurrence, it... is rather unsettling.

Saul listens as Lahz lays out a plan. As his name comes up, he drifts over to Rocky's side. Journey to the ruins outside of Lexington, find the ceremony, and stop it. I do enjoy easily-understood objectives.

When Lahz suggests Astral Travel, Saul glances sidelong at Vheld. Will he stop him as he did me? This will be interesting to see.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 101/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Daphne » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8; 1d100 = 33
Conditions: None.


Skills
Computer Operation 1d100 = 4/67% Pass (To operate the onboard computers.)
Navigation 1d100 = 18/62% Pass (To plot any needed course)
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 1d100 = 48/87% Pass (To prep Kittiani Transformable Fighter for launch)
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 57/62% Pass (To run a scan with Radar)
Weapons Engineer 1d100 = 35/52% Pass (To prep weapon systems.)
Weapon Systems 1d100 = 65/77% Pass (To prep weapon systems.)




Daphne awakens sometime after nine, since no one has impressed on her a sense of urgency or a real battle plan. After crawling out of the coffin that is her survival shelter, Daphne quickly strips it down and stows it into Rocky's jeep. Not to bad, could be a bit more comfortable, but who am I to complain I usually fall asleep in the cockpit. Daphne thinks as she grabs a self heating MRE from the cases she's left in the jeep. "Oh, chipolte chicken and rice, never had that before." Daphne says to no one in particular as she activates the self heater in the MRE and prepares the food for consumption.

Once Breakfast is done, Daphne takes a few minutes to put on her armor and various other gear, before making a trip to her fighter. If Lhaz is still there, she says "Morning." Before running a diagnostic and pulling the safety tags that MercTown likes to put on all of her weapons. At least I'm not rushing to do it this time. Daphne thinks as she pops the canopy of the fighter and climbs in. "All right darling, what do you have for me?" Daphne asks the fighter as she starts cycling the systems on and setting the vehicle to ready status.

Lahz wrote:Whenever the Leadership round-table is over Lahz will head back to the Kittani fighter and look up its human pilot, "Daphne right? ... Hey
our last fight here had us fighting a bunch of demons with alot of immunities. But it occurred to me that something like a 500lb rock dropped from 2 miles up seems like it would be a hell of a way to start disrupting a ceremony. Any thoughts?"


Daphne shrugs from her spot in the cockpit. "Kinetic Kill Weapons are certainly one way of disrupting things. But with this fighter it's less than feasible as she doesn't handle as well in fighter form at that height. But if that's what the team wants I can likely make it happen." Daphne says noncommittally.

Note: While Daphne's fighter is a Kittiani Transformable Fighter, it looks nothing like one due to an extensive retrofit. It does resemble a jet fighter though.

"So do we have a plan, that isn't just go with the flow, or no?" Daphne asks Lhaz while he's there.

"Hey Rocky, whats the plan?" Daphne radios the leader of M.A.R.S.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:22 pm

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: John is at +5 feet.

Wakiza wrote:As John gets beat, "What happened my over-sized friend? He beat you? Interesting?" Spirits, I've seen John do some crazy things and this guy is even stronger. Well we can probably use it.


John says, "He's extremely strong. Titan juicer or maybe stronger. Whatever he has going on... I think I'd have to be pretty big to outdo him. The worst part is he seems like a pretty cool guy, so I can't even hate him properly. Ugh."

When Zed comes through the portal and walks over to Will, John glances over, then does a double-take. Good gods, is it sick?!?

Once the plans are finalized and the group is ready to roll out, John takes point leading up the river towards their planned departure to the Lexington ruins.

Land Navigation (to get us there): 1d100 = 25 / 78%
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:57 am

Vheld wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 20, Original post: 1d100 = 93
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 56 vs. 76%


Vheld completes any and all sustain castings- no sense in letting the ley line's energies go to waste. As he senses the rift opening, Vheld perks up and clutches his staff- ready to obliterate anything hostile that steps through. When only a single being emerges, Vheld concludes that it is no threat and lets the others handle the arrival. More reinforcements from Blackman, no doubt.

At the leadership summit, Vheld remains silent- merely nodding in agreement at Lahz's suggested plan. At the addition of a side-trip to psyscape, however, Vheld pipes up.
Lahz wrote:Or, I can go to Psyscape astrally, which would probably be really stupid ... and is an idea I hate with a passion but, it might be our best way to get word to them while we are otherwise in-motion. That will have us heading North up the River and then East to Stormspire and Lexington. Temple group will probably launch at some point down a Ley Line into the Soulharvest area ... "[/b]
"If you leave your body in one of the cargo areas, I can create for it a magical circle. That'll go a long way towards preventing any... uninvited guests, and will help power your psionics to boot. However I'll need time to prepare, so I'd best get to it. Show me were you intend to, ah, 'store' yourself."

Wakiza wrote:"Any thing else we should know about this little mission? Just disrupt the ceremonies and grab a notebook?"
Vheld shrugs. "You know what I know, but yes. We should probably destroy all of Nxla's cultists to be on the safe side. I don't want to have to do this all again in six months."

Once Lahz has identified a suitable place to hide out while he astrally projects, Vheld will scoop up some dirt or mud from nearby (or use a writing implement if one of his teammates has one handy), and scribble a circle complete with mystic symbols inside the cargo area of the ATV (or whichever vehicle Lahz decides to use) large enough to accommodate Lahz and his powered armor (and a couple of other humanoids if space permits). Vheld will make sure he situates the circle off-center, so that any of his minions along for the ride can still sit in the ATV if necessary. Then, he will begin a ritual of circle of protection: superior, drawing energy from the ley line to make it happen. He will activate the circle before they depart- presumably, Lahz won't need it for more than a day.

For Lahz and anyone else in the ATV:
Code: Select all
Circle of Protection: Superior- 24h remaining, R:UE P. 224.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:45 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD




Vheld wrote:"If you leave your body in one of the cargo areas, I can create for it a magical circle. That'll go a long way towards preventing any... uninvited guests, and will help power your psionics to boot. However I'll need time to prepare, so I'd best get to it. Show me were you intend to, ah, 'store' yourself."
Code: Select all
Circle of Protection: Superior- 24h remaining, R:UE P. 224.


The Psi-tech lets off an almost imperceptible sigh which might be relief or frustration, then nods, "Nothing would make me happier than to have somewhere safe to leave my body. I will have the Marauder in the cargo area of the ATV, then make for Psyscape once we start heading up the river. If you guys are only doing 40-50 MPH, given the Cargonaut ... I should be able to get there, make contact with someone in my family and leave them a radio frequency, and get back to the ATV before you leave the River ... so finding my way shouldn't be a problem."

Daphne wrote:Daphne shrugs from her spot in the cockpit. "Kinetic Kill Weapons are certainly one way of disrupting things. But with this fighter it's less than feasible as she doesn't handle as well in fighter form at that height. But if that's what the team wants I can likely make it happen." Daphne says noncommittally. "So do we have a plan, that isn't just go with the flow, or no?"

Note: While Daphne's fighter is a Kittiani Transformable Fighter, it looks nothing like one due to an extensive retrofit. It does resemble a jet fighter though.


Note: Yeah Lahz wouldn't know it as Kittani, just as a transformable fighter which in and of itself is worth looking over up one way and back the other.

Lahz nods at the pixie-punk-girl, "You, me, the Burster, and a Bird-mage are going to assault an open-field ritual. Destroy or obtain some artifact being used to help summon Nxla to Earth at his full glory, as opposed to the piss-ant version that just fucks with Psychics. Really if this is the low-calorie version, I am not super excited about some XXXL transformation. It seemed like our particular strengths play fine in an unconfined area. Rocky is taking a team into some ruins. Wakiza is taking Vheld and his demons on a Temple-Run which doubtless will have an improbably-placed boulder-trap. I believe you will be Scout for our team because you should be able to birds-eye the area without being easily seen around midnight ... just get lost in a night sky for camouflage. If you aren't a fan of the kinetic-boulder opening sequence, then I am sure we can figure out something else. I will be distributing encryption protocols before we lift off outta here. However, it looks like I personally will be incommunicado for about 2 hours after we lift off."

*** When Lahz strikes out on his Astral endeavor, he will launch himself based on his bearings [EP Navigation roll above] and fly [300 MPHish] insubstantially for Psyscape with the intent to literally get there, go to his family home and locate either his Father (Finn), his Mother, or one of his siblings. Lahz will usurp control some radio/audio/computer/whatever nearby using Telemechanic Mental Operation (12 ISP, 120', 8 Min) to make contact (something like, "Hey ____ it's me Lahz, contacting astrally because of an emergency ... Need Dad to radio me. We have run into a bunch of Nxla's minions and need to figure out y'know soul and mind barriers or protection. Have a radio receiver that can pick up for 300 miles so please call me at [Frequency #] in an hour so I can get back to my body.")
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:38 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image

Last Moments in an Unnamed Village
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 1400
Environmental Effects: None; 95°, oppressively humid, dead calm
Location: Unknown village, along the Ohio River

  • Saul is familiar with Deevil Wraiths, in theory at least, if not in any practical manner. (Saul has canonical knowledge.)
  • John and Ronan have an arm wrestling contest, and John learns from the locals that they've not named their homestead just yet.
  • A newcomer by the name of Zed arrives and greets the others with news that he's been assisted in finding them by the Collegiate.
  • Lahz slips into an stupor and travels in his astral form to Psyscape. He's intercepted at the periphery by astral guardians who verify his identity before allowing him entry. Once inside, it takes him some time, but he's finally able to track down the whereabouts of his mother, Thaira, who informs him that his father, Finn, is not in Psyscape, but somewhere in the field. He can get no further information and, frustrated, manages to find and return to his body in a vehicle that's hot, sweaty, and anxious to be on the road, not sitting around waiting for some elf to talk to his momma back home.

Meadow Group
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 1800
Environmental Effects: None; 95°, oppressively humid, dead calm
Location: Unknown village, along the Ohio River

Order of Battle
Daphne (MARS; Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
----Tony the Tiger-Bot (Lahz's)--shadowing Lahz
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Zed (Roughnecks; flying solo)
Felix (MARS; flying solo <HIATUS>)

Daphne's slowly circling overhead in her 'bot just above stall speed as she surveys the landscape a few thousand feet below. From her vantage she can see the spires and sprawl of Stormspire, and the jagged, overgrown ruins of what was once a pre-cataclysm city about twenty miles to the north. The sun is starting to dip low on the horizon, and the cloud cover is getting thicker, with storm clouds gathering in the distance. Of interest, she notes something shiny reflect back at her from somewhat near the group below's position, and descends in a spiral for a closer look. At about a thousand feet she's able to make out a pair of shiny vehicles, hovercraft by the look of them, which look to be headed in roughly the same direction as the group on the surface.

Tony the Tiger-Bot follows Lahz's Marauder as he reaches the base of yet another lightly forested hill. He's been marching his hulking technological terror up and down hills, fording streams and crevasses, and pushing through forest while trying to keep up with the others, and frankly his bladder and his patience are wearing thin of nature's contest with his endurance. The sun is starting to dip low on the horizon, and the cloud cover is getting thicker, with storm clouds gathering in the distance. On the crest of the last hill behind them, they'd seen the tops of the tallest buildings gleaming in what must be Stormspire, and he was more than ready to reach it already.

Minerva's been riding for hours, and her thighs and crotch are sore. The Black Talon was definitely not cut-out for long cross country hauls following primitive deer paths and rough tread, washboard roads. Jack is riding shotgun behind her which only makes the jarring even more awkward and uncomfortable. Still, it beat walking. The sun is starting to dip low on the horizon, and the cloud cover is getting thicker, with storm clouds gathering in the distance. She's looking forward to seeing this "Stormspire" which so many have mentioned, and shaking her past indiscretion at Cave-In Rock by stopping this damned ritual. Meanwhile, Jack is finally bored of the scenery around him. For hours he's gawked at the natural bounty of this land. All the trees, rivers, streams, and rugged hills seem endless and make him think only the East coast of his homeland is reputed to be this lush. The not-so-distant sight of the shiny buildings from the hilltop behind them finally gets his interest once again, and he's looking forward to at least seeing this city more clearly from a distance as they search for the site of this ritual. Zed is enjoying the long road trip. He's been able to replenish his mystic energy from periodic ley lines, so the constant magic flight hasn't been as taxing as it could have been. The sun is starting to dip low on the horizon, and the cloud cover is getting thicker, with storm clouds gathering in the distance when Zed notices a glint in the distance, perhaps just over the next hill. It looks like a couple of hovercraft are headed their way, and those hovercraft appear to be loaded with personnel.

Lexington Ruins Group
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 1800
Environmental Effects: None; 95°, oppressively humid, dead calm
Location: Unknown village, along the Ohio River

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Ernstweavel (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)

Having split off from Minerva, Lahz, and a few of the others about a half an hour ago on a more northerly direction toward where their intel said the ruins should be in relation to Stormspire, Rocky's somewhat troubled by the weather. The sun is starting to dip low on the horizon, and the cloud cover is getting thicker, with storm clouds gathering in the distance. A thunderstorm definitely wouldn't help them find a ritual in progress amid a city-sized area of ruins. While driving he figures they should at least be getting close to the ruins now. Maybe twenty or so miles left on their trek, surely no more. Ernstweavel & Saul are seated in the jeep and enjoying conversation and speculation about what may await them ahead, and actively giving consideration as to how to locate a group of unknown size amid a ruins site the size of a city that's overrun with centuries of encroachment by nature.

Wolf rides beside the jeep on his robot horse, taking in the landscape and the snippets of conversation from the jeep when he can. It's been a good number of hours riding, but he's accustomed to long rides.

Driving in relative comfort ahead of the jeep and the guy on the robot horse, Mierin is grateful for the fact that hovercycles don't make contact with the ground, and so are relatively comfortable even over long distances. She considers how Minerva must be feeling after driving a crotch rocket across rough terrain for countless hours and enjoys a schadenfreude-filled laugh at the notion. Some people just don't think in practical terms. This brings to mind their current objective: finding and stopping a cult from carrying out a ritual amid a big stretch of territory in a short span of time. Her laugh vanishes when her killer instinct confronts this task.

John speeds ahead of the jeep and around it to make sure they're not being tailed, but predators or nefarious agents of Nxla lurking behind hilltop trees aren't what catches his eye. No, it's a pair of shiny hovercraft from over the next hill, and the gathering storm clouds behind them, which gains his notice. Zipping past Lahz, and those in and around Rocky's jeep, he crests the next hill at a frantic pace to find himself atop (yet another) hill and looking down on a pair of hovercraft loaded with people. This probably isn't too weird, but the fact that the rear two passengers in each hovercraft appear to be in deep meditation is certainly out of the ordinary.

Temple Group
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 1800 (another 2 hours or so to go)
Environmental Effects: None; 95°, oppressively humid, dead calm
Location: Unknown village, along the Ohio River

Order of Battle
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Brokswa (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Bel'Dar (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)

Ronan looks by as the meadow through which he and Seymour are driving once again vanishes behind them as Seymour follows another deer path into yet another interminable stretch of forest. The sun is starting to dip low on the horizon, and the cloud cover is getting thicker, with thick, dark, and ominous storm clouds gathering in the distance. Ronan can't recall the last time he saw so many trees, so much biodiversity, so much insane variety of flora packed into place. It's all a very far cry from the relatively sterile life aboard an Arismal warship. Seymour, for his part, watches the gas gauge nervously as he continues to manage an average speed of forty miles per hour across often rugged, forest-choked terrain. They're at well under a quarter tank now, and the ATRV which seems to float above them like a low-hanging cloud shows no sign of stopping any time soon.

Above the slow-moving Cargonaut, Ray lazily pilots the ATRV, matching the speed of their slower counterpart below. While he stays on course for a region indicated by the organic members of the Roughnecks, he plays a mental game of attempting to count the variety of flora and fauna he sees while driving. The sun is starting to dip low on the horizon, and the cloud cover is getting thicker, with thick, dark, and ominous storm clouds gathering in the distance while William and Wakiza entertain themselves with a game of cards on the observation deck to pass the hours of slow-moving progress across the heavily forested landscape. Vheld finds himself in a vacant cabin of the ATRV struggling to meditate, switching to study off and on as his frustration with their slow pace builds. This seems to be echoed by his minions who he can hear noisily inhabiting the cargo bay.

What are your intentions?

GM NOTES:
  • Reminder: Skill checks are ignored which don't also have explanation as to what they're being used to achieve.


Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -9 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots,
NE-ATRV:
Ray the Robot:
William Summers: -0 P.P.E., -58 MD
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; -38 M.D.C. from FF
Vheld: (Sustain active) -0 P.P.E.; -1 charge/invincible armor talisman, -16 S.D.C.
Silhouette:
Sshir:
Slithn:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
Rocky:
Saul:
Felix:
Ernstweavel:
Cargonaut:
Seymour:
Ronan:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Wolf Whitaker:
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Minerva: -30 M.D.C. to crystal armor
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Marauder PA: LPC: 240 shots/-0 shots;
Lahz: (Sustain active)
Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter:
Daphne:
John Altfeld:
Brokswa: -1 charge/invincible armor talisman
Bel'Dar: -1 charge/invincible armor talisman
Tony the Tiger-Bot: -11 M.D. to Cyborg Armor
Zed:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5262
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:39 am

JiC: 1d100 = 79 / 1d20 = 14
Perception [19%]: 1d100 = 11

Detect Ambush [54%]: 1d100 = 14 [Purpose is to keep a watch on the surroundings]
Intelligence [54%]: 1d100 = 54 [Compare experiences, relate during conversation]

Temple Group

For the first couple hours Ronan watches from the window with the eyes of a special forces soldier in an unknown environment. The KLS snug strapped and secured by his left side while driving, and the Viper resting in his lap, ready to be drawn and fired at a moments notice. Of course, after a few hours of this stoic stance and the sight of the trees, Ronan lets himself relax slightly as he takes in the sights. A far cry from even the largest of the atriums within the fleet. The vids and such only show so much, one has to wonder if our world looked like this one, or better. This one is fucking chaotic. Ronan sighs.

During the ride, Ronan will pull out a ration bar to bite on and glance over to the mutant rat that is driving him in his large transport vehicle. "So, an information gatherer? Sort of like field reporters or intelligence, right? How'd you get your start there, if you don't mind my asking?"

Ronan will listen to Seymour if he answers, and if asked about himself will give a fair answer in response. "My home was a battle cruiser named Invincible, my family was known as Excelsior Squad. We lived a very fleet, people first lifestyle, sort of have too. We live in a state of war, so this planet's chaos isn't new to me. Walking skeletons that can take a full thrown punch of mine, that was surprising. Screw those things in particular." Ronan states, his voice is a mix of thoughtfulness and sarcasm.

If Seymour does not answer him, he'll shrug softly. Maybe the rat-man needs to focus on driving. He'll think and resign to keeping a careful eye on the surroundings.

Either way, during the silence or the conversation, Ronan's gaze will not stray too far from the surroundings as, even in these moments of serenity, chaos lurks and waits to interrupt the complacent. While traveling, he remembers the different call signs that the group has so far. Ace, Deuce, Diamond, Queen. Hmm, they seem to focus on card games. Something that fits the bill... Pip, Prial, Matador, Schwarz... or could be less flashy, Jack or Joker? Maybe the Dealer. My team always pulled wins, Terms, not identifiers though. Hmm. I'll think on it. Ronan will continue to silently think on it until such time as he needs to use it.
Last edited by Underguard on Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To identify which group Ronan is with
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:55 am

JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 100
PER: 1d100 = 86 vs. 76%

Before too long, Vheld gives up meditation as a lost cause. He will get up, and wander about the cabin to see what else is going on. He's had enough of his minions' frustrations for the time being, and steers clear of them (though he keeps an 'eye' on them through his link with Sil to ensure that no mission-endangering shenanigans break out). He'll pause when he spots Ray alone in the pilot's compartment, before moving on. He will stop and watch Wak and Will at their game for a few minutes, but such leisure has never been in Vheld's wheelhouse and he has a hard time seeing the point of any of it. An idle memory of Master Lung's comments to the shifter springs to mind.
SNAFU wrote:"Have you considered that evil maybe banished as much by a warm and welcoming hearth as much as by any zealot's crusade? And when you succeed, will you be sure that it is good that has vanquished evil and not just another fool's spin on the Tyrant's Wheel? "
At the thought, Vheld snorts to himself and stalks off, shaking his head. Useless foppery.

Having exhausted any potential diversion within the ARTV's cabin, Vheld impatiently moves to the nearest window to try and track the cargonaut's progress. The effort is perhaps counterproductive as Vheld's frustration only mounts at seeing the vehicle crawl along. That fool showed up completely unprepared for this mission. We should have sent him with one of the other teams, he's only going to slow us down. And he can forget learning magic- with that lack of discipline and foresight he'd be eaten alive by his first summon. Vheld sighs, tries to control himself, and walks over to Ray.

"Can you safely open this vehicle in the air? I'm going to step out for a little scouting." One of us should do something useful with this time. If Ray agrees, Vheld will mount Bel'Dar and go out for a quick flight (he'll order Brokswa to accompany him if the plasma demon looks as bored as the shifter). Mostly, Vheld will stick close to the ARTV- the scouting is just an excuse to stretch his legs and get a little fresh air. He will, however, swoop down towards the Carognaut and bark at Seymour "Can't this thing go any faster?"

Should Ray decline to open the vehicle, Vheld contemplates ordering the robot to do so but decides that it's not worth delaying things and risking the mission. Gritting his teeth, he will return to the card game and force himself to watch it.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:00 pm

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 39

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 42

Lexington Ruins Group

Saul rides in the Hover Jeep, with the other members of MARS on this particular operation, the others having their own modes of travel. He is impressed in particular by the giant's - John's - speed on foot.

He engages in idle banter with Ernstweavel about the mission, including some light speculation on the particulars of the ritual that they must interrupt and stop.

"If they are wise, they'll be sitting inside a circle of protection, and have, perhaps, other forms of protection as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see forcefields and guardians. We should use whatever abilities we have at our disposal to affect them directly, if possible, without having first to carve through all of their layers of defense."

I doubt any of my abilities could allow me to snake past such a defense... perhaps Shadow Meld? The coming storm may provide me with the shadows I need to maximize that ability. depending on the luminosity of the force field - if there is one - I suppose. Or I suppose, if the field is translucent, I can telekinetically manipulate an object inside the field - perhaps - and use it to attack the casters. There are options to attempt.

He looks at his companions before adding a mental postscript. Of course... I would need to trust my companions to protect me while I focus on disrupting the ritual.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 101/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:02 am

[[Rolls Held]]

Military Etiquette [69%]: 1d100 = 53 Assist in using experience to make claim of track vehicles moving slower.

Vheld, the Demon Riding Mage wrote:"Can't this thing go any faster?"


Ronan looks on in sheer amazement at this demon-riding mage just fling up to this hauler. Miranda would've lost her flipping mind here, and she had one of the strongest minds on Invincible. This guy is riding a demon bird that is way faster than this hauler. Ronan mentally contemplates while hiding the slack-jaw as best as possible. At Vheld's question, Ronan will draw on experience of military-type combat vehicles [Prior post's Intelligence and current Military Etiquette] and shout over the sound of the tracks and engine. "It's the tracks! They slow this baby down something fierce! Would be easier if you have more flying pets! They'd be quieter too!" Ronan answers, the last line in a jest before his face squares at Vheld and he adds "You don't have more flying pets, do you?" He asks with a hint of hope. This isn't exactly the best vic to take into combat either. I'll carry Seymour if I have too. A rat-man can't weigh more than seventy five kilos, if that.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby William Summers » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 78

Camp:

Zed wrote:"Hello, I have been looking for and am now sent to you. I am Zed, Magus of The Three, at you all's service."


Will stands up and extends his hands perpendicular from his torso, elbow to elbow, wrist to wrist while simultaneously slightly squatting down. "Brother. Welcome to the Roughnecks. There are two more groups here with us, The Spook Squad and MARS. We are called to destroy a great evil. I'll introduce you to the cyber-knight in charge." I wasn't sure if the Three approved of my sojurn. Now I know they do. They have sent me a Brother to travel with! This is most fortunate! Blessed be the Three.

Wakiza wrote:After Zed approaches Will, "Will, who is your beaked friend here?"

"Sir Blackhoof! This is a fellow mage from Dweomer sent to join me in my quest. Mayhaps The Three are on our side in this conflict."

Temple:

"Sorry to do this, Chief. Draw four." Will slams his Draw Four card down on the table and watches with joy as the leader of his outfit is forced to pick up cards from the draw pile. "So, what do you think we'll find at this temple? More xombies? Guys with skeleton masks and some sharp sticks? A golden idol?" Will waits for Wakiza to play his next card. As he does, he watches as Vheld walks past to observe the outside of the vehicle. "Hey Vheld! You want in on our next game of Uno? The name of the game is in Español but the rest of it is in English! It boggles the mind." Will pays attention to his body and finds that he has one hand on his cards and the other on the Eye of Odin. Placing it back in his pocket, he rubs his human eye to attempt to deal with the itch he's suddenly developed. "Is any one else developing allergies?"
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Daphne » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18; 1d100 = 79
Conditions: None.

OOC Comments
Armor and Weapons Notes:
NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor (Main Body: 180/180)
Ultra-300 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit (Main Body 25/25)
Armored M.D.C. Aviator’s Flight Jacket (Main Body: 10/10)
NG-B30 Bangstick Staff Ammo: 2/2
NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 10/10
NG-101 Rail Gun Block IIIAmmo: 300/300 (Standard Rounds)

Kittiani Transformable Fighter Info:
Main Body: 450/450
Pulse Cannon (2): Payload: unlimited
Mini-Missile Launchers (2): Payload: 16/16 Bot-Stopper mini-missiles (8 each)
Laser Turret: Payload: unlimited
Forearm Energy Blades: Payload: unlimited.


Location: Heading to a Meadow, approximately a thousand feet up.

Skills:
Radio: Basic 1d100 = 91/62% Fail (To radio the team below her.)
Radio: Basic 1d100 = 53/62% Pass (To try a second time to radio the team below her.)
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 29/62% Pass (See what she can get on the vehicles below.)
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 1d100 = 48/87% Pass (To Pilot the Fighter)

Augur wrote:Daphne's slowly circling overhead in her 'bot just above stall speed as she surveys the landscape a few thousand feet below. From her vantage she can see the spires and sprawl of Stormspire, and the jagged, overgrown ruins of what was once a pre-cataclysm city about twenty miles to the north. The sun is starting to dip low on the horizon, and the cloud cover is getting thicker, with storm clouds gathering in the distance. Of interest, she notes something shiny reflect back at her from somewhat near the group below's position, and descends in a spiral for a closer look. At about a thousand feet she's able to make out a pair of shiny vehicles, hovercraft by the look of them, which look to be headed in roughly the same direction as the group on the surface.


Daphne looks about for a few moments, switching between normal visual and sensors. "I have a couple of vehicles running parallel to us. Other than they're shiny I got no intel." Daphne says on the radio as she stops her vehicles forward momentum and floats in the air to get a better look. One thing I do like about these fighters is their contra-grav systems. Daphne thinks as she waits for a reply.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Minerva » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:18 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 73/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 16

"Volcano. If you don't watch your hands, I'm likely to get some ideas. How's the ride back there? We're almost to Stormspire it seems." Minerva keeps her bike on the road and moving forward at the same pace as the rest of the group.

Daphne wrote:"I have a couple of vehicles running parallel to us. Other than they're shiny I got no intel."

"Diamond to Phoenix, more detail needed. Exact number of vehicles. How many riding. Onboard weaponry. Propulsion method.
Diamond to Ace, are you getting any of this? Another set of eyes would be helpful. Or even flying bird mage, what are you called again? Zeb? Do you see anything helpful, Zeb?"
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Daphne » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:00 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Minerva wrote:"Diamond to Phoenix, more detail needed. Exact number of vehicles. How many riding. Onboard weaponry. Propulsion method.
Diamond to Ace, are you getting any of this? Another set of eyes would be helpful. Or even flying bird mage, what are you called again? Zeb? Do you see anything helpful, Zeb?"


"Couple as in a pair or two. Hovercraft, judging by their speed. I'll see what I can find out about the rest." Daphne responds. Sheesh, give me a minute to look at least, not like I have x-ray vision. Daphne thinks as she tries to get a good look at the other vehicles. Likely just some schmucks making their way through the magic zone. Though from this height they're in rough shape if I start shooting them. Daphne muses as she moves to match speed with the other vehicles and looks down at them from a thousand feet up. Should be out of range of and spells, and I'm sure I can dodge most weapons fire.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:04 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 82
JIC d20: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 27
Meadow Group

Jack rides on the back of Minerva’s motorcycle, on the, well you know, “B” seat. He thinks it is Ironic that he is this close to Minerva For so long and he likes it. The ride is rough, bounce here, bounce, all he can do is hold on tight as she bounces and turns, accelerates and brakes.

The scenery is fantastic, green everywhere not like his home and cool.


"Volcano. If you don't watch your hands, I'm likely to get some ideas. How's the ride back there? We're almost to Stormspire it seems." Minerva keeps her bike on the road and moving forward at the same pace as the rest of the group.


Jack smiles he knows she can’t see him smile and he answers her. “I’m sorry if my hands wandered, it is a rough ride and my hands might have slipped a bit. I do like ideas, the idea of being with you but I think it would be better under different circumstances. Stormspire? The spires over there? Big cities are always intriguing. Maybe” Jack looks up and notices the clouds. He continues, “Sorry to change the topic it looks like a storm is brewing. We might have to seek shelter.”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:45 am

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 40 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 11
JiC D100: 1d100 = 97

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days, )

ISP: 211/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 67



MEADOWS MARAUDERS ...

Daphne wrote:"I have a couple of vehicles running parallel to us. Other than they're shiny I got no intel."

Minerva wrote: "Diamond to Phoenix, more detail needed. Exact number of vehicles. How many riding. Onboard weaponry. Propulsion method. Diamond to Ace, are you getting any of this? Another set of eyes would be helpful. Or even flying bird mage, what are you called again? Zeb? Do you see anything helpful, Zeb?"

Daphne wrote:"Couple as in a pair or two. Hovercraft, judging by their speed. I'll see what I can find out about the rest."


Lahz checks his radar and keys his radio in response to the chatter, "Are they Inbound? ... Tony, run up ahead and get a scan on these guys, but stay out of sight. Get facial photos if available, and vehicle photos. If you can toss a Tracer-Bug onto one of them, do it, but again, don't get seen. Phoenix? Keep an eye on them from a distance please. Sensors are probably fine so they don't get spooked. We're on our way to Stormspire. If they are just other travellers then no need to waste our time. If not, better not to blow our element of surprise if no one has noticed you ... " The Psi-Tech pauses for a moment, pulls his heavy pulse cannon down off the shoulder-mounts, then resumes a light jog, *Guess this whole thing has me a bit nervous, my bladder's giving me trouble even though I've had nothing to drink today and Vheld's Sustain spell should make it at least a week before I have to take care of ... physical needs. Nerves can be like that I guess. Just have to remember it's all in the mind. All in my mind. All in ... hey Naruni has those camouflage sheets that I was considering some for the here, but mounting those on the belly of the fighter in those ... from below she could look like a clear blue sky, or a night sky ... I should mention that to her*

Read Sensory Equipment 88%: 1d100 = 35 (check onboard Sensors)
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 100%: 1d100 = 93

If the Hover vehicles approach and appears ready to pass them by Lahz steps off to the side of the road so they can pass and activates the Marauder's cameras and saves a freeze-frame of the vehicles from about ~20ft out (catching as many faces as he can).

Read Sensory Equipment 88%: 1d100 = 15 (check onboard Sensors)

If nothing comes of the intercept effort (and these guys head back towards Merctown), Lahz checks his radar for any other signs of incoming vehicles and keys his radio on the JTFA/Overall-Channel for relay by Tony, "Deuce, does your Bestie-Ecks know anything about these Ritual Sites? Are they like, at Ley Lines?" He has no expectation that the magus will have anything new to contribute, but figures asking couldn't hurt, *He already treats us all with disdain arising out of his being a bitch and hiding in a closet while a town full of people were being abducted ... What the frak do I care if the gutless piece of trash digs his condescension a bit further.*

Zed Please Review
Zed, the Spooks have a spare Pistol in our gear and you seem ... underequipped for an assault. Would you like to borrow it and 5 clips in case you run low on PPE at some point?
Code: Select all
[b]Bandit IP-10 Ion Pistol[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/15/20170715092615-92be2b81.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]Range: 400'
[*]Damage: 3D6 M.D.
[*]Rate of Fire: Single shots only
[*]Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 per LE-Clip
[*]Weight: 3 lbs.
[*]Features: Good balance
[*]Modifiers: +1 to strike
[*]Book Reference: p.173, WB14[/list][/size]


In the event that the approaching hovercraft end up being hostile, Lahz will defend himself accordingly ...
Combat Contingency
APM: 9
Dodge [+8]: 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 10





TONY THE TIGERBOT

SENSORS: Multi-Optics Eyes: Telescopic Vision (6,000'), Nightvision 2000', Thermo Imaging 2000'
Amplified Hearing: Can hear sounds as quiet as 10 decibels as far away as 500' (programmed to recognize 60,000 different mechanical sounds, from the sound of a car engine to the hum of a robot nuclear generator)

Land Navigation 90%: 1d100 = 66 - Adjust route to intercept
Intelligence 90%: 1d100 = 39 - Try to ID course and ID location on Hovercar unlikely to be noticed (for tracer)
Camouflage 90%: 1d100 = 27 - Avoid being seen
Detect Ambush 50%: 1d100 = 100 - Try to gauge area
Prowl 50%: 1d100 = 5 - Avoid being seen
Pilot Hover Craft 96%: 1d100 = 99 - Recognize hovercraft model

If an opportunity presents itself, Tony will toss one of the Tracer Bugs that Lahz acquired onto the back of (or an inconspicuous location) one of the vehicles. *** CONTINGENCY -- EP Throw -- to place bug In the event that the approaching hovercraft end up being hostile, Tony will dodge and evade accordingly ...

[[ Tracer Bug: [GMG Pg 190 / Size of a checker / Can transmit a signal that can be followed up to 8 miles (12.8 km) away / 72 hours of constant transmission] ]]

Combat Contingency
APM: 9
Dodge [+13]: 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 17, 1d20+13 = 14, 1d20+13 = 22 , 1d20+13 = 18
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41 / 70%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 87

CONDITIONS: John is +5 feet

When he sees the storm clouds and the hovercraft, John jumps on the radio through his helmet. "There's what looks like and unnatural storm on the horizon and two car-sized hovercraft with what looks to be psychics or mages in the back of each car. I'll make first contact, but be ready for me to get mind-controlled or... whatever. I'll leave this channel open so you can listen to me talking about how pretty Vheld is, or whatever they make me say."

John then approaches the two hovercraft in an obvious way, calculated to not scare them. "Good afternoon. Are you from Stormspire?"

He raises his hands, making it clear that he's not looking for a fight. "I'm not looking for trouble. Those storm clouds look ominous though. Any idea what's going on?"

Detect Ambush (to... detect... an ambush...): 1d100 = 100 / 51%
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 38 / 21%
JIC: 1d100 = 93 / 1d20 = 5

Lexington Ruins Group


Through out the journey Wolf can be heard gently humming the tune to "Horse with No Name". Being on the outside of the vehicle Wolf has a difficult time talking with the occupants. Conversation would be nice...but no sense in giving away our position with idel chatter.

When John begins to move around the team, he is astonished by his speed. Damn he can move...difficult to track...wonder what else he can do? Impressive ally to have.


John Altfeld wrote:
When he sees the storm clouds and the hovercraft, John jumps on the radio through his helmet. "There's what looks like and unnatural storm on the horizon and two car-sized hovercraft with what looks to be psychics or mages in the back of each car. I'll make first contact, but be ready for me to get mind-controlled or... whatever. I'll leave this channel open so you can listen to me talking about how pretty Vheld is, or whatever they make me say."

John then approaches the two hovercraft in an obvious way, calculated to not scare them. "Good afternoon. Are you from Stormspire?"

He raises his hands, making it clear that he's not looking for a fight. "I'm not looking for trouble. Those storm clouds look ominous though. Any idea what's going on?"



"Copy that John. Give us a sec to catch up to you. We won't crest the hill but we should be closer just in case this goes sideways." Wolf will follow Johns path but remain out of sight while listening to Johns's open radio.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 9

Weapons

NE-6SL ; NE-6SL
6/6 ; 6/6


NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver x2
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:16 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 36
JIC d20: 1d20 = 7
JIC d100: 1d100 = 7

Lexington Ruins Group

Rocky is in his new PA staying close to the hover jeep making sure T42 is doing a good job of driving the jeep. He is checking out how the PA is handling at low levels. Robots & Power Armor―86% 1d100 = 81

He doesn’t want to get to far away from the Jeep or too
high. For fear that he might be seen by others.
Electronic Countermeasures―85% 1d100 = 45

Rocky looks at the sky and then keys the Mic, "Ok everyone keep an eye open, looks like we’re in for some bad weather. And I would say we are within about 20 mins of the ruins.”

Rocky has been in this area before, this is close to his home in Psyscape.
Navigation ―70% 1d100 = 67

Rocky John and Wolf talking about the weather and about a approaching group. Rocky speaks over the radio,
"Let's try to keep our numbers hidden. John you're clear to go try not to get caught. Follow and report. We need to find out where they are going."
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 18 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 25

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 49 (88%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 76 (59%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Prowl 1d100 = 20 (78%) to get closer to where John is without drawing attention to herself

Lexington Ruins Group

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

Mierin is startled from her ruminations when she starts focusing on the group's objective which was to stop a ritual which could apparently end the world as they knew it. Mierin would be the first to admit that she knew very little about magic, Mierin figures it's pretty easy to stop a ritual if you shoot anyone who is chanting a spell in the head. Of course, Mierin doubts it'll be that easy but figures if she has the opportunity, she'll do so.

When John radios the rst of the group to tell them about the storm and the hovercraft with people in it, Mierin replies, ”Copy that.” She then rides to make sure she has a line of sight on him and the hovercraft so she can watch to make sure these newcomers aren't some kind of a decoy that will spring an attack on the group, doing her best to do so in a stealthy manner, not wanting to draw attention to herself.
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 50/50
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zed » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:14 am

Perception: 23% | 1d100 = 11
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 29

Zed takes note of the vehicles in the distance, quickly counting how many he sees while observing what weaponry if any is on the vehicles, and the state of the people in them. He then flies to the nearest vehicle in the convoy to tell them what he sees, and if anyone else has noticed. Afterward he does his best to seat himself on the hood of one of the vehicles as best he can (or inside one preferably).

Once seated he takes out his robot and boots it up, making sure to check the sync and video/audio ouput/input with his computer.

Hello there little guy… you don’t know it yet, but you’re destined for great things,” he says while smiling at the inanimate object.

He casts: Chameleon on himself and it [6ppe, 13.5 min] then flies as fast and as high as he can toward the oncoming vehicles. When he is at a good distance he lets the robot fly freely.

"N.G.R.F.C. observe and report on vehicles headed in the opposing direction of you and I." Zed speaks automated orders to the NG robot.

I need to find this little guy a name and a quirky personality, can’t keep calling it by its commercial name, that lacks creativity… or does it? Yes it does for sure. He thinks to himself.

Contingency:
If he can’t sit still due to the speed he will briefly land away from the convoy.
P.P.E.: 177|177 +3d6/lvl
S.D.C.: 45|45
H.P.: 20|20 +1d6/lvl


Special Abilities
1. One with the body: -50% fatigue rate, hold breath for 3 minutes, +5% to balance
2. One with the mind: alert and able to stay focused even when all hell is breaking loose around him
3. One with Magic: comprehensive understanding of the principles of magic and is especially well versed in ritual magic and power spells
4. Pilot Automaton. [All, but prefers the Colossus]
5. May Draw P.P.E. from ley lines, nexus points, people, and ritual blood sacrifice the same as a Ley Line Walker
6. Link with the Lords of Magic: can draw upon the P.P.E. reserves of the three Lords of Magic to create magic weapons via the Enchant Weapons (minor) spell, at 50% P.P.E. cost to The Three; alerts The Three when a High Mage is killed
7. Automaton Creation & Bonding Rituals: knows the secrets of creating Automatons and the bonding ritual that gives the Controllers their unique union with the magical constructs


Zed aka Daelur Ezekiel Zenth
User avatar
Zed
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am

PreviousNext

Return to Spook Squad/Roughnecks/MARS Joint Adventure

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest