The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

The Spook Squad & the Roughnecks team up to tackle a dangerous, high stakes mission in the Federation of Magic.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:18 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image


Meadow Group
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 1900
Environmental Effects: None; 95°, oppressively humid, getting dark, impending storm clouds
Location: Northeast of the Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Daphne (MARS; Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
----Tony the Tiger-Bot (Lahz's)--shadowing Lahz
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Zed (Roughnecks; flying solo)

Daphne radios down her findings, gets some guff in return, and so circles down even lower to get a better look. While her lofty vantage definitely gives her notice of approaching targets of interest, that same vantage denies her the ability to provide granular info. This should be obvious to anyone, and she chafes at the fact that apparently some of her teammates don't realize this. Zed flies along overhead of Jack and Minerva, noticing that the magic rich zone following the big river seems far behind them now. What's stranger is that on occasion, in his peripheral vision, he thinks he sees towns flicker into and out of existence amid the rolling hills and pockets of dense forest in the area. Minerva & Jack tease each other a bit, chat as best they can given the circumstances, and ride along as Zed flies overhead. Lahz sends Tony to rush ahead and observe the approaching vehicles. Tony relays back a still image of the man in the passenger seat of the lead vehicle. Lahz is shocked to see a road-weary image of his father staring back at him. In the background of the image Lahz sees what is clearly, to Lahz's experienced eyes, a patrol from Psyscape. What the hell they're doing so far South from the city itself, and his mother's ignorance of his father's whereabouts begins to fall into place inside his analytic mind.
(GM NOTE: You're somewhat Northeast of the Lexington Ruins. How are you going to find what you're looking for? Navigational skills & good ideas will be your friend!)

Lexington Ruins Group
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 1900
Environmental Effects: None; 95°, oppressively humid, getting dark, impending storm clouds
Location: Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)

John sees the pair of hover jeeps and is about to approach when he sees Lahz in his weird powered suit, and realizes he's zipped quite a distance off course. Seeing that the other group seems to be in no trouble, he zips back to his group at tremendous speed. Meanwhile, Saul converses with the others as he considers their practical problem: how to find the precise whereabouts of a ritual in a large, unknown geographic location with a storm impending given their assets? What are their assets? John's extremely fast afoot. Mierin is highly experienced and has at her disposal a fast hovercycle. Wolf...Saul's still trying to figure out his utility function in this equation, and of course there's himself. He's a brilliant mystic. Mierin pushes ahead on her hoverbike only to realize John's nowhere to be seen. The rolling hills of the area are beginning to succumb to scattered ruins from a bygone era. The area reminds her of the Chicago Ruins, only on a much smaller scale. A few minutes later, he speeds up and is running next to her on her hoverbike as though nothing out of the ordinary has occurred. Wolf follows Mierin's suit though he can only keep up with her as she's not speeding. Like Mierin, he finds that not only is nothing amiss, there's no John. Like Mierin, a few moments later he sees John zip back into the group's column as if nothing happened.
(GM NOTE: You're in the area of the Lexington Ruins. How are you going to find what you're looking for? Navigational skills & good ideas will be your friend!)

Temple Group
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 1900
Environmental Effects: None; 95°, oppressively humid, getting dark
Location: in the wilderness South of Stormspire & East-Northeast of Dunscon; perhaps an hour from the region/forest known as Soulharvest

Order of Battle
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Brokswa (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Bel'Dar (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)

William & Wakiza continue playing their card game on the observation deck while Vheld harasses the driver & occupant of the Cargonaut for the group's collective logistical shortcomings from the back of his demonic steed. He notes that Bel'Dar seems unusually quiescent, and the others, while noisy, have been remarkably good-natured during this boring trip so far. It's highly unusual. Ronan notices that Seymour must be completely lost in thought or in some kind of Driving-induced trance as the rat-man doesn't respond to his verbal prompts.
(GM NOTE: You're approaching Soulharvest. This may well be your last opportunity to detail how are you going to find what you're looking for though, unlike the other teams, you at least have a general idea of where to go & what to look for. Navigational skills will be your friend!)

What are your intentions?

GM NOTES:
  • BE MINDFUL OF WHICH GROUP YOU'RE IN! (Don't make my mistake) Expand the Order of Battle tag to verify with whom you're traveling before posting.
  • Reminder: Skill checks are ignored which don't also have explanation as to what they're being used to achieve.


Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -9 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots,
NE-ATRV:
Ray the Robot:
William Summers: -0 P.P.E., -58 MD
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; -38 M.D.C. from FF
Vheld: (Sustain active) -0 P.P.E.; -1 charge/invincible armor talisman, -16 S.D.C.
Silhouette:
Sshir:
Slithn:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
Rocky:
Saul:
Felix:
Ernstweavel:
Cargonaut:
Seymour:
Ronan:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Wolf Whitaker:
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Minerva: -30 M.D.C. to crystal armor
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Marauder PA: LPC: 240 shots/-0 shots;
Lahz: (Sustain active)
Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter:
Daphne:
John Altfeld:
Brokswa: -1 charge/invincible armor talisman
Bel'Dar: -1 charge/invincible armor talisman
Tony the Tiger-Bot: -11 M.D. to Cyborg Armor
Zed:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5266
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:40 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 5 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: 1d100 = 55

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days, )

ISP: 211/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 64



MEADOWS MARAUDERS ...

Irony wrote:Tony relays back a still image of the man in the passenger seat of the lead vehicle. Lahz is shocked to see a road-weary image of his father staring back at him. In the background of the image Lahz sees what is clearly, to Lahz's experienced eyes, a patrol from Psyscape. What the hell they're doing so far South from the city itself, and his mother's ignorance of his father's whereabouts begins to fall into place inside his analytic mind.


Lahz lets out a whoop of unadulterated joy at the sight that pops onto his screen, *Hot damn, why am I surprised? A city packed with psychics ... clairvoyants on every Gate? Why wouldn't they have seen our crew coming? ... Kind of lame not to let Mom know. I wonder if Tristan [Lahz's brother] is with him ... should almost expect it ... or could this be a trick?* The Psi-Tech frowns for a moment before employing Remote Viewing to oversee and confirm that the approaching vehicles do indeed contain his father (-10 ISP, 4d6 = 10+12 Seconds).

Should this effort bear fruit a feeling of hope begins to take root and within the Marauder's sealed environs the Elf taps his radio once more, "Good news folks. Hold your fire. These appear to be Psyscape personnel, including my father apparently ... Zed? You you Copy? You just Tweeting up there? ... Tony, keep your eyes on the surroundings for anything else approaching." He then stows his Pulse-Cannon in its clamps and slows to a walk so that the approaching vehicles do not mistake him as aggressive and waves 1 hand slowly in greeting. Should they approach close enough he will tap his external speakers and call out from about 80-90 feet away, "Hold-Up Psyscape. Is that Finn there? ... Your granddaughter Kaiya sends her love."

Read Sensory Equipment 88%: 1d100 = 1 (check onboard Sensors)
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 100%: 1d100 = 3

Zed Please Review
Zed, the Spooks have a spare Pistol in our gear and you seem ... under-equipped for an assault. Would you like to borrow it and 5 clips in case you run low on PPE at some point?
Code: Select all
[b]Bandit IP-10 Ion Pistol[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/15/20170715092615-92be2b81.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]Range: 400'
[*]Damage: 3D6 M.D.
[*]Rate of Fire: Single shots only
[*]Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 per LE-Clip
[*]Weight: 3 lbs.
[*]Features: Good balance
[*]Modifiers: +1 to strike
[*]Book Reference: p.173, WB14[/list][/size]





TONY THE TIGERBOT

SENSORS: Multi-Optics Eyes: Telescopic Vision (6,000'), Nightvision 2000', Thermo Imaging 2000'
Amplified Hearing: Can hear sounds as quiet as 10 decibels as far away as 500' (programmed to recognize 60,000 different mechanical sounds, from the sound of a car engine to the hum of a robot nuclear generator)

Intelligence 90%: 1d100 = 50 -- ID potential dangers
Detect Ambush 50%: 1d100 = 100 -- ID potential dangers

Combat Contingency
APM: 9
Dodge [+13]: 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 24, 1d20+13 = 31, 1d20+13 = 29
Last edited by Lahz on Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:49 am

Perception: 1d100 = 23 / 21%
JIC: 1d100 = 52 / 1d20 = 6


Lexington Ruins Group


Wolf comes to a stop next to Mierin wearing a perplexed look on his face. Wolf looks at Mierin, "Umm...Wasn't John just here?" Wolf looks around for John when John speeds back to their location. My god how fast was he moving? I swear if I wan't on this horse I would have been blown over by the disturbance of the air. No wonder he is the scout. Wolf regards John for a moment. "John I may be quick on the draw but I have never seen a person move themselves as fast as you just did. That was truly incredible my friend." Wolf motions to the Jeep and Rocky's PA a little ways behind them. "We should get back to them. We need to determine our next moves."

Wolf will try to get the group to pause for a moment as no one really has a good idea of where they are going. What are we doing? We are not a leader. We look out for our self. There will always be monsters expanding their power...Shut up. This is bigger then we think...what has the world ever done for us? Taken away everything? Tried to kill us every other day?...We still live here. If there is no world then there is no us. I kind of like being among the living.

Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100 = 73 / 50% (Best place for demon summoning/rituals)

Wilderness Survival: 1d100 = 54 / 45% (Areas near their location which animals are avoiding. Indicates possible activity.)

When Wolf is back near the jeep he will motion for everyone to gather around. "Hey just need everyone for a moment. So right now none of us really has a good handle on what we are looking for out here. Now I am not a magic person or psychic, but somethings can be inferred with what we are looking for. First they are necromancers so we can start our search in areas witch may contain mass graves or an area where there was a massive loss of life. Saul you are the professor, did your studies include history on places which fit that description? Wolf will pause for the idea to sink in to the group. "Also this is the magic zone. We can also focus our search in places with either ley line activity or a ley line nexus if one is close by. I think if we concentrate our search in these kind of areas we will find what we are looking for." Wolf will look to the group as they consider his words and hope someone with actual arcane knowledge will confirm his ideas or set him straight.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons

NE-6SL ; NE-6SL
6/6 ; 6/6


NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver x2
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 69 / 70%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 64

When Wolf compliments John, he tries to act nonchalant, but is clearly preening. "Thanks, Wolf, I don't go full speed when I'm scouting, it's too loud. When I'm not trying to be quiet I can really kick up some dust."

Eat that, Space Beef. I bet you can't run like me... probably?

When Wolf starts talking about ley lines and nexi, John nods. "Any kind of ritual should be taking place at a nexus or at least a ley line. In the Magic Zone, we should be able to see them pretty clearly if we can get above the trees. I could hold someone over my head and you might be able to see. Or if anyone can fly."

He thinks some more. "Short of that, we'd have to know some history about this place, stories of weird occurrences. Or canvas the area at top speed and hope we get lucky, but that seems like a bad plan. Anyone else have any ideas?"

Lore: Magic (to determine likely places for the ritual): 1d100 = 1 / 76%
Lore: Demons & Monsters (to determine where a cult of demon-worshippers might want to hole up): 1d100 = 86 / 81%
Detect Concealment (to spot any good hiding places or people watching them): 1d100 = 2 / 51%
Detect Ambush (to see if they're about to be ambushed): 1d100 = 51 / 51%
Mythology (to see if John knows anything about local legends of 'cursed' places in the vicinity): 1d100 = 71 / 51%
Tracking: People (to see if there's a regularly-used trail or signs of the passage of a group indicating the direction of the ritual): 1d100 = 27 / 51%
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 48

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Group: Temple

Wak just shakes his head as he gets his butt kicked playing Uno. I never win at this damn game. "Yea Vheld sit down, we need some new blood and we need to chat about this mission." He clicks the radio with the Temple group frequency, "So what do you think Vheld, We stop a few miles out and work our way in carefully or just go in guns blazing? You know more about rituals than I. Personally, I would prefer to move in stealthy, set a perimeter and begin sniping the ones running the ritual and make them come find us. However, I'm open to all ideas." Wak considers where they are going. Wak takes a break, "be right back." He heads to the cockpit and asks Ray, "Hey Ray, You see anything interesting that has to do with this mission?" Wak also checks the radar and other sensors himself.

Land Navigation-- 1d100 = 51 / 83% (Location and terrain around the temple)
Sensory Equipment-- 1d100 = 63 / 53% (Looking for anything)
Intelligence-- 1d100 = 51 / 72% (Disrupting a ritual)
Lore: Magic-- 1d100 = 23 / 58% (Disrupting a ritual)
Last edited by Wakiza on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:00 am

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 70

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 32

Lexington Ruins Group

Wolf wrote:"Hey just need everyone for a moment. So right now none of us really has a good handle on what we are looking for out here. Now I am not a magic person or psychic, but somethings can be inferred with what we are looking for. First they are necromancers so we can start our search in areas witch may contain mass graves or an area where there was a massive loss of life. Saul you are the professor, did your studies include history on places which fit that description?


"I am glad you asked. Contrary to your statement, I have a fairly good idea of what we are looking for. To conduct a ritual, one needs a defensible space suitable for a long-term spellcasting endeavor. Rituals can sometimes take days. So you need a space that is defensible, comfortable, and provides some respite from the elements - all near or on a ley line." Saul picks up a map of the area.

"I had assumed they would encamp in the ruins proper, but let me compare geographic and geomantic elements for a moment..."

Saul attempts to discern by the terrain and geomantic features any suitable places for a ritual. Ideally, such a ritual would be in a clearing - where the stars or sky would be visible, on flat or nearly-flat terrain, close to or on a ley line or nexus.

Land Navigation 58% 1d100 = 73 (identify suitable terrain features for the target - FAIL)
Land Navigation 58% 1d100 = 47 (same - SUCCESS)
Land Navigation 58% 1d100 = 53 (same - SUCCESS)

Lore: Geomancy & Ley Lines 60% 1d100 = 52 (determine ideal proximity to ley lines for terrain features previously identified - SUCCESS)
Lore: Geomancy & Ley Lines 60% 1d100 = 25 (same - SUCCESS)
Lore: Geomancy & Ley Lines 60% 1d100 = 18 (same - SUCCESS)

If he needs to narrow the possibilities down, he considers natural features that would also assist tactically or lend other support, such as rock or wall cover, or running water.

Wilderness Survival 60% 1d100 = 85 (Identify any locations with features that improve survivability - FAIL)
Wilderness Survival 60% 1d100 = 49 (same - SUCCESS)
Wilderness Survival 60% 1d100 = 20 (same - SUCCESS)

Saul will relay any information he receives to the group.

"Now, as to your query on significant magical history of the region. Lexington, in a state formerly known as Kentucky, was not... particularly... notable for association with magic. Not like what was once Salem, Massachusetts. Sometimes, pre-rifts history on magic can be quite vague, though, as magic was not understood at the time. Sometimes, it was spoken of as related to 'hauntings' or 'insanity' - which are niche areas of research, I'm afraid. Luckily, magic history is my niche. However, Lexington proper may hold features advantageous to the practice of the arcane arts..."

Saul then considers what he may have learned about the ancient site of Lexington, and whether it will offer any tactical or material aid to such a ritual.

History: Pre-Rifts 41% 1d100 = 22 (Info on Lexington relating to Magic/hauntings/mass murder/etc.? - SUCCESS)
History: Pre-Rifts 41% 1d100 = 69 (same - FAIL)
History: Pre-Rifts 41% 1d100 = 12 (same - SUCCESS)

Intelligence 36% 1d100 = 45 (Features of the city or ruins amenable to ritual magic? - FAIL)
Intelligence 36% 1d100 = 48 (same - FAIL)
Intelligence 36% 1d100 = 36 (same - SUCCESS)

Intelligence 36% 1d100 = 24 (Recent magical history related to the ruins? - SUCCESS)
Intelligence 36% 1d100 = 92 (same - FAIL)
Intelligence 36% 1d100 = 28 (same - SUCCESS)

As he ponders these questions, he thinks, I really need to get a datapad with a digital library. Relying on one's fallible memory in the field can both engender and compound mistakes. I could do more proper research on the topic if I had a digital library on hand... His preference for physical media - the heft and smell of actual paper books, is briefly considered and discarded as irrelevant for the moment to his immediate concerns.

As they travel, Saul also tries to focus his mind, sensing for supernatural evil in the 360' radius around the vehicle he's in.

Sense Supernatural Evil 65% 1d100 = 78 (Detect any "loud" evil close to our convoy - FAIL)
Sense Supernatural Evil 65% 1d100 = 90 (same - FAIL)
Sense Supernatural Evil 65% 1d100 = 17 (same - SUCCESS)

"If need be, I can take to the air, to scout for locations - the terrain may have changed since the cartography was completed."
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 101/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:26 am

JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 56
PER: 1d100 = 23 vs. 76%

Temple Group

Land Navigation- 1d100 = 4 vs. 95%
Tracking- 1d100 = 38 vs. 89%
To locate their destination and/or relevant necromancers operating in the area.


Ronan wrote:"You don't have more flying pets, do you?"
Vheld gestures to Brokswa flying next to him and Bel'Dar. "Only what you see here." And asking them to cart you around might not be the best idea right now. At least, not until I figure out why they're being so well-behaved. Perhaps this Soulharvest places offers a haven for the demonic as well as the necromantic?

With little else to do, Vheld waves Brokswa forward and takes up a scouting position relative to the ARTV (and Seymour's 'vehicle'). While he has brusquely declined to participate in the others' game, Vheld isn't so misanthropic that he ignores radio chatter.
Wakiza wrote:"So what do you think Vheld, We stop a few miles out and work our way in carefully or just go in guns blazing? You know more about rituals than I. Personally, I would prefer to move in stealthy, set a perimeter and begin sniping the ones running the ritual and make them come find us. However, I'm open to all ideas."
"If we attack and can interrupt the ritual for at least a minute or two that should disrupt it- but locating it before they can raise any kind of defenses would increase our chances of success. I can't offer a lot of specific tactical recommendations until I see the lay of the land, but I agree that landing well outside the temple and adopting a stealthy approach is the way to go. Ray and Seymour should be able to hold down the fort for us. I recommend Ronan take point, and you lead him and Will into the temple."

"As for myself and my minions, I envision two possibilities. First, I can enter the temple with you, and leave my minions outside. When we need assistance, I can signal them through my familiar and have them assault the temple head-on. The advantage there is we are more likely to avoid detection without any supernatural beings among us. The disadvantage is that we will be short-handed. Option two, I send my familiar and half my minions in with you for additional muscle, while I wait outside with my fliers. When I get the signal, I shall play the part of 'cavalry.' The advantage here is that my spells are likely to be the most effective distraction we have at our disposal. Presently, I am leaning towards option one- I can provide support spells for the rest of you, and I will be in a better position to identify the journals we need, but I am open to suggestions."
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Daphne » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 96/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15; 1d100 = 52
Conditions: Properly Calibrated Weapons (Successful Weapon Systems & Weapons Engineer Rolls; +2 to strike with Fighter weapons)
Location: Meadow Mauraders.


Arms & Armor
Armor and Weapons Notes:
NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor (Main Body: 180/180)
Ultra-300 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit (Main Body 25/25)
Armored M.D.C. Aviator’s Flight Jacket (Main Body: 10/10)
NG-B30 Bangstick Staff Ammo: 2/2
NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 10/10
NG-101 Rail Gun Block IIIAmmo: 300/300 (Standard Rounds)

Kittiani Transformable Fighter Info:
Main Body: 450/450
Pulse Cannon (2): Payload: unlimited
Mini-Missile Launchers (2): Payload: 16/16 Bot-Stopper mini-missiles (8 each)
Laser Turret: Payload: unlimited
Forearm Energy Blades: Payload: unlimited.



Skills:
Navigation 1d100 = 6/62% Pass (To find the meadow)
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 1d100 = 82/87% Pass (To pilot the Kittani Fighter)
Radio: Basic 1d100 = 66/62% Fail (To keep in contact with the group)
Radio: Basic 1d100 = 44/62% Pass (Again trying to keep in contact with the group)
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 35/62% Pass (To keep an eye on the area)



Lahz wrote:"Good news folks. Hold your fire. These appear to be Psyscape personnel, including my father apparently ... Zed? You you Copy? You just Tweeting up there? ... Tony, keep your eyes on the surroundings for anything else approaching."


Daphne nods to herself before responding. "Understood, will move to scouting the area." Daphne says before increasing the speed of her fighter and bringing her altitude around two thousand feet. "Shit, wrong channel." Daphne curses as she switches the radio to the right channel. "Understood, will move to scouting the area." Daphne takes her fighter in a methodical circle around the ground team, scanning the area for a meadow or clearing that may be the location. What are the chances that his father was in the truck? I suppose I'd be more terrified if mine was. But he's been dead for what ten years...? Daphne thinks as she patrols the sky. Where are you Meadow, my friends and I want to make you a messy location. Daphne thinks as she continues to fly.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:20 am

JiC: 1d100 = 78 / 1d20 = 14
Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 53

Detect Ambush [59%]: 1d100 = 37 (Continued overwatch of his field of view)
Demolitions [88%]: 1d100 = 6 (Initial thought process on destroying a temple)

[Temple Group]

Ronan shrugs and nods as Vheld flies off. John could fly too, gonna need to look at acquiring my own vehicle soon, if this Nxla doesn't wipe out this cursed planet first. Ronan this to himself as they continue on the movement. He will pull out his KLS and laser-distance different things as they approach, buildings, structures, etc.

Vheld wrote:"I recommend Ronan take point, and you lead him and Will into the temple."


Finally Ronan finds himself thinking as the two discuss on the radio. He'll queue his mic when an opening in chatter occurs on the Temple Group frequency, "I prefer the covert approach, we can always become overt if we need too. Just point me where we need to go once we hit the ground. Do we want to leave this temple structure intact?" Ronan asks, genuinely considering different methods to collapse temple like structures. He'll keep a healthy watch on his field of view using the KLS's laser sighting.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:52 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 59
JIC d20: 1d20 = 2
JIC d100: 1d100 = 2

Lexington Group

Rocky, who is in his PA, which is still next to the Hover Jeep, listens to the others.

Rocky touches his ring and wonders how he could go about and get the information without be discovered. He speaks to the others, “Well, if we can get one of these people, I could ask them. If I can get a picture of one of them, I could see where he is, or find out where he is going. Does anyone have a picture? Let me see if I can remember anything about the ruins that I remember.we need to have a leyline and a nexus. That is where they would have it.my computer maight have something too.”

Navigation―70% 1d100 = 62
Computer Operation―105% 1d100 = 94
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:19 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 72
JIC d20: 1d20 = 3
JIC: 1d100 = 24

Meadow Group

Jack thinks about Minerva he wonders if she is serious or just playing with him. “I think she is the real deal, well buckaroo say something don’t just get this close and not say anything, She will think your just a player and not really care about anything real. When and Where will you get another chance to be alone this close.”

Jack summons up his courage and speaks to her, “Minerva you know I’m serious about you, don’t you? Now keep your eyes on the road. If you don’t feel the same way Minerva. Well it is OK. if you want to go slower that is OK”

Jack waits for an answer, but things are going through his head, on how this bit of the ride will end up. Will it be an easy put down? Will she think he’s a jerk for asking her so early?
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 42 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 11

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 95 (88%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 6 (59%) watching for signs of a possible attack

Lexington Ruins Group

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

Wolf comes to a stop next to Mierin wearing a perplexed look on his face. Wolf looks at Mierin, "Umm...Wasn't John just here?"


Mierin raises an eyebrow and says, “Yes, he was.” When John show up again as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened, Mierin wonders to herself, What the hell is he doing? Her initial impression of John isn't improved despite Wolf's compliment. Idiot.

However, when Saul mentions that he knows exactly what they should be looking for, Mierin listens carefully. At least this one isn't a complete moron Mierin thinks to herself. When Saul mentions he can take to the air to scout for locations, she nods. ”Not a bad idea.” she remarks out loud. As they travel, Mierin continues to watch for signs of possible attack.
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:55 pm

Rolls and conditions as above.

Group: Temple

Vheld wrote:"If we attack and can interrupt the ritual for at least a minute or two that should disrupt it- but locating it before they can raise any kind of defenses would increase our chances of success. I can't offer a lot of specific tactical recommendations until I see the lay of the land, but I agree that landing well outside the temple and adopting a stealthy approach is the way to go. Ray and Seymour should be able to hold down the fort for us. I recommend Ronan take point, and you lead him and Will into the temple."

"As for myself and my minions, I envision two possibilities. First, I can enter the temple with you, and leave my minions outside. When we need assistance, I can signal them through my familiar and have them assault the temple head-on. The advantage there is we are more likely to avoid detection without any supernatural beings among us. The disadvantage is that we will be short-handed. Option two, I send my familiar and half my minions in with you for additional muscle, while I wait outside with my fliers. When I get the signal, I shall play the part of 'cavalry.' The advantage here is that my spells are likely to be the most effective distraction we have at our disposal. Presently, I am leaning towards option one- I can provide support spells for the rest of you, and I will be in a better position to identify the journals we need, but I am open to suggestions."

Ronan wrote: He'll queue his mic when an opening in chatter occurs on the Temple Group frequency, "I prefer the covert approach, we can always become overt if we need too. Just point me where we need to go once we hit the ground. Do we want to leave this temple structure intact?"


Wak nods, "I agree. Ronan take point and you'll lead me, Will and Vheld into the temple. We'll leave your minions outside for backup, as you advised. We'll set down about two miles out from the temple and hike in. On the way out I don't care about the temple structure, however to start with we don't know where the ritual is being held. We need to find that first and get those notes or whatever back? Anyone else have any ideas?" Well hopefully this goes smoothly! When he goes to Ray, he adds, "Find us a place to set down about two miles out from the temple." I have done may and these seek and destroys, but never in the heart of the magic zone. Ha, how bad can it be? He smiles a bit ruefully to himself.
Last edited by Wakiza on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Minerva » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:18 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 44

Group: Meadows

With the wind in her hair and a lovable, if not verbally clumsy, man at her back, Minerva continues to navigate her all-terrain motorcycle through the wilds of the Magic Zone. El mejor vehículo. Solo tú, dos ruedas y pura potencia. Aquí es donde estaba destinado a estar.

Jack Killian wrote:“Minerva you know I’m serious about you, don’t you? Now keep your eyes on the road. If you don’t feel the same way Minerva. Well it is OK. if you want to go slower that is OK”

"First, we kill Nxla. Then we open the bottle of Riesling back at my place and you show me what your flame can really do. Keep your focus, chico." ¡Mierda, este chico lindo será la muerte para mí! Her thoughts are interrupted by Lahz's report over the radio.

Lahz wrote:"Good news folks. Hold your fire. These appear to be Psyscape personnel, including my father apparently ... Zed? You you Copy? You just Tweeting up there? ... Tony, keep your eyes on the surroundings for anything else approaching."


"That sounds too convenient to be true, Ace. Holding position in case back up is needed." ¿Su padre? No me inscribí en una reunión familiar. Minerva comes to a halt and watches as Lahz approaches the vehicles. "Jack, let's wait here and see how this contact works out." She keys her radio. "Zed, you available to assist if necessary?"


Translations
El mejor vehículo. Solo tú, dos ruedas y pura potencia. Aquí es donde estaba destinado a estar. =The ultimate vehicle. Just you, two wheels and sheer power. This is where I was meant to be.
¡Mierda, este chico lindo será la muerte para mí!=Ah shit, this cute boy will be the death of me!

¿Su padre? No me inscribí en una reunión familiar. =His father? I didn't sign up for a family reunion.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby William Summers » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 55

Group: Temple
Will's ears perk up at the tactical chat on the channel. He puts his hand of cards face down on the table, keys his ear mic radio and kicks back. "Covert is good. On that subject, I've got a giant glowing ball of energy hovering over my shoulder. I haven't drawn on it yet. Vheld, if you're acting in a support role, feel free to boost us using this before we arrive." Will waves his Energy Sphere over to Vheld, gifting the 800 PPE to his brother in magic.

"I support that order of battle. Ronan takes point, Wak and I follow up. Vheld, I like your option one as well. We don't know what we'll be up against in there, and we'll likely need the assistance. The temple assault by your cohort should help distract from our goal. No plan ever survives contact with the enemy, but we might be able to pull this off with a coup de main. One fell swoop. Zip zap, boom, done. As for the intactness of the temple? I think priority number one should be ending the ritual and retrieving these journals. If there's no one to finish the ritual, I'm not too worried about the temple. But I do like a good explosion I can walk away from. What's our plan for Seymour? I can stick close and keep him in mystical armors if needed. But if that detracts from our true mission, then maybe he should stay behind. What are your thoughts, Brothers?"

While waiting for responses, Will pops three Red Clover leaves in his mouth and starts chewing. Doesn't taste great, but it saves on rations and space.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:40 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD wrote:Perception [42%]: Original post: 1d100 = 5 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 55

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days, )

ISP: 211/211
Telemechanics [98%]: Original post: 1d100 = 64




MEADOWS MARAUDERS ...

Once he has confirmed there is no overt hostility, Lahz approaches the hover-cars amiably (for a guy in a 12ft death-dealing-power-armor) and addresses his father, "Couldn't be happier to see anyone Dad. <Sigh> Earlier today I Astrally dropped in at home and spoke to Mother because we are tangling with Nxla and he keeps dropping psychics on our team. I don't suppose you were on your way to break up a ritual? Or that you have a reliable method for blocking his mental hijacking? .... After this Job, I am going to move the girls back home. Let Kaiya get to know her grandparents."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:30 pm

Rolls and conditions as above

Group: Temple

William Summers wrote: "I support that order of battle. Ronan takes point, Wak and I follow up. Vheld, I like your option one as well. We don't know what we'll be up against in there, and we'll likely need the assistance. The temple assault by your cohort should help distract from our goal. No plan ever survives contact with the enemy, but we might be able to pull this off with a coup de main. One fell swoop. Zip zap, boom, done. As for the intactness of the temple? I think priority number one should be ending the ritual and retrieving these journals. If there's no one to finish the ritual, I'm not too worried about the temple. But I do like a good explosion I can walk away from. What's our plan for Seymour? I can stick close and keep him in mystical armors if needed. But if that detracts from our true mission, then maybe he should stay behind. What are your thoughts, Brothers?"

Wak just nods, "Okay, we have a plan and we'll see how long it holds up. If we stop the ritual maybe we circle the RV around after and use the grenade launcher and see if we can level the place. As to Seymour, I leave that decision up to Vheld as it is his teammate. Camera may not be the thing you want to wield in the temple. Ronan, you comfortable with your weapons as you are point. I know you are new here, so if you have a question out there . . ask. By the way. pretty impressive beating John as he is a strong man. You ought to ask him for a rematch, no holds barred." Wak just smiles to himself. Well, we have magic, we psychics and we have strength, hopefully it is enough. "Come on lets finish this damnable game."
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zed » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:24 am

Perception: 24% | 1d100 = 69
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 100

Conditions: Chameleon [13.5 minutes]

Zed continues flying and attempting to scout the oncoming vehicles. He hopes to gather information about their occupants.

He and his robot fly under cover of chameleon, moving slowly when possible or necessary to try and not be seen.

You get out there and make papa proud little one.” Zed whispers to his robot as its whizzing away from him.

By “The Three” I pray they aren’t hostiles.
P.P.E.: 177|177 +3d6/lvl
S.D.C.: 45|45
H.P.: 20|20 +1d6/lvl


Special Abilities
1. One with the body: -50% fatigue rate, hold breath for 3 minutes, +5% to balance
2. One with the mind: alert and able to stay focused even when all hell is breaking loose around him
3. One with Magic: comprehensive understanding of the principles of magic and is especially well versed in ritual magic and power spells
4. Pilot Automaton. [All, but prefers the Colossus]
5. May Draw P.P.E. from ley lines, nexus points, people, and ritual blood sacrifice the same as a Ley Line Walker
6. Link with the Lords of Magic: can draw upon the P.P.E. reserves of the three Lords of Magic to create magic weapons via the Enchant Weapons (minor) spell, at 50% P.P.E. cost to The Three; alerts The Three when a High Mage is killed
7. Automaton Creation & Bonding Rituals: knows the secrets of creating Automatons and the bonding ritual that gives the Controllers their unique union with the magical constructs


Zed aka Daelur Ezekiel Zenth
User avatar
Zed
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:48 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image


Meadow Group
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 1930
Environmental Effects: None; 85°, oppressively humid, getting dark, impending storm clouds
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Location: Northeast of the Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Daphne (MARS; Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
----Tony the Tiger-Bot (Lahz's)--shadowing Lahz
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Zed (Roughnecks; flying solo)

Lahz remotely views the pair of approaching hovercraft & confirms that one includes his father. He hops on the radio, "Good news, folks. Hold your fire. These appear to be Psyscape personnel, including my father apparently. Zed, you copy? You just tweeting up there? Tony, keep your eyes on the surroundings for anything else approaching."

Daphne responds, "Understood, will move to scouting the area," and takes her fighter to two thousand feet and in a methodical circle around the ground team, scanning the area for a meadow or clearing that may be the location. Other than Lahz's PA, Minerva's bike & passenger, the two hovercraft, and the weird bird-guy who's circling far below her, there's not much to be seen in the area save for the green rolling hills which encircle a very large and overgrown valley that's dotted with ruins and interspersed with clearings amid patches of forest. From her vantage point, she can identify at least a half dozen sizable meadows in their immediate area, but so far no signs of any activity of note beyond a few vehicles of note in the region. There's a couple folks on hoverbikes who are skimming and weaving through the ruins and look like they're having fun doing so. They look to be headed toward Stormspire, or perhaps are just out for a jaunt. Someone is flying a wingboard lazily a couple hundred feet above the earth and in a northerly direction, perhaps recently out of Stormspire. There's a big ATV parked at the edge of a meadow, adjacent to some ruins, and there's another, weirder-looking ATV that's traversing the down hills toward the valley of ruins on the other side of the valley from the group.

Jack presses his personal conversation with Minerva who chides him in response. "First, we kill Nxla. Then we open the bottle of Riesling back at my place and you show me what your flame can really do. Keep your focus, chico." She then responds on radio, "That sounds too convenient to be true, Ace. Holding position in case back up is needed. Zed, you available to assist if necessary?" She comes to a halt and watches as Lahz approaches the vehicles.

Zed circles a couple hundred feet overhead Minerva's bike and ignores those attempting to communicate with him. Instead he whispers to his NG Floater. "You get out there and make papa proud little one." Other than Lahz's PA, Minerva's bike & passenger, and the two hovercraft, there's not much to be seen in the area save for the green rolling hills which encircle a very large and overgrown valley that's dotted with ruins and interspersed with clearings amid the patches of forest.

Lahz approaches the hovercraft and addresses his father, "Couldn't be happier to see anyone Dad. Earlier today I astrally dropped in at home and spoke to mother because we are tangling with Nxla and he keeps dropping psychics on our team. I don't suppose you were on your way to break up a ritual? Or that you have a reliable method for blocking his mental hijacking? After this Job, I am going to move the girls back home. Let Kaiya get to know her grandparents."

The elder D'Gemmel sighs. "Still cloistering yourself in technology, eh?" he says disapprovingly, but quickly moves on. "No one in Psyscape has experienced the psychic shockwave, but we've just recently become acquainted with it ourselves. I must caution you against astral travel. We buried one of our field operatives after the last shockwave. He was traveling the material world in his astral form when it hit. Must have severed his cord instantly. As to a ritual? No. We've been on a covert fact-finding mission regarding rumors of of the Harvesters being ensconced near Stormspire in & around these ruins. We've managed to confirm that they are operating in this area in fair numbers for being so far from Soulharvest, but have been unable to determine from where they're conducting their raids. We know from the intel we've gathered that it's somewhere amid these ruins, but the sheer size of the ruins means we'll have to return home to gather a much larger scouting force to conduct a thorough search." He goes quiet for a moment before adding in a positive tone (for a change), "It's good to see you getting your priorities right finally, after all this wasted time. Nxla's harvesters must be stopped." He simply nods at the other, more personal, of Finn's comments.

As the sun begins to dip below the horizon, a ley line becomes more visible and apparent with each passing moment. The towering curtain of pale blue light runs from North to South, from just North of the Lexington ruins, through Stormspire glittering with lights in the distance, and on for a few more miles. The sun will be fully below the horizon in just a few more minutes.

(GM NOTE: You're somewhat Northeast of the Lexington Ruins. How are you going to find what you're looking for? Navigational skills & good ideas will be your friend!)



Lexington Ruins Group
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 1930
Environmental Effects: None; 85°, oppressively humid, getting dark, impending storm clouds
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Location: Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)

Wolf considers what might be the best place to conduct a ritual, but has scarce knowledge of magic sufficient to the task. Focusing instead on what he knows, he considers which areas animals seem to be avoiding might be the best way of locating the turf being used by the necromancers. "Hey just need everyone for a moment. So right now none of us really has a good handle on what we are looking for out here. Now I am not a magic person or psychic, but somethings can be inferred with what we are looking for. First they are necromancers so we can start our search in areas which may contain mass graves or an area where there was a massive loss of life. Saul you are the professor, did your studies include history on places which fit that description? Also this is the magic zone. We can also focus our search in places with either ley line activity or a ley line nexus if one is close by. I think if we concentrate our search in these kind of areas we will find what we are looking for." After he finishes speaking, he realizes that this entire area, these ruins, could easily be considered a mass grave.

When Wolf starts talking about magic stuff, John replies, "Any kind of ritual should be taking place at a nexus or at least a ley line. In the Magic Zone, we should be able to see them pretty clearly if we can get above the trees. I could hold someone over my head and you might be able to see. Or if anyone can fly. Short of that, we'd have to know some history about this place, stories of weird occurrences. Or canvas the area at top speed and hope we get lucky, but that seems like a bad plan. Anyone else have any ideas?" John considers the terrain for a moment and realizes a few notable facts that stick out clear as day: there are no intact, standing structures, save for the rare building that some brave soul has re-purposed to a commercial end. There are zero residential structures in the area, old or new, on the surface...and that gets him to thinking. There are trails and crude roads through some of this area, and he sees in the distance the lights of a coaching station or inn come alight as the sun begins dipping below the horizon. There were clearly countless structures in this area, and such require infrastructure, much of which is often underground in developed and civilized areas. Odds are good, given the scarcity of intact surface structures that any ritual would likely be performed underground...and there's only so many ways to hide man-sized or larger access points to the ancient subsurface infrastructure.

Saul comes into his own when faced with the intellectual puzzle presented to him. "I am glad you asked. Contrary to your statement, I have a fairly good idea of what we are looking for. To conduct a ritual, one needs a defensible space suitable for a long-term spell-casting endeavor. Rituals can sometimes take days. So you need a space that is defensible, comfortable, and provides some respite from the elements - all near or on a ley line. I had assumed they would encamp in the ruins proper, but let me compare geographic and geomantic elements for a moment."

As the sun begins to dip below the horizon, a ley line becomes more visible and apparent with each passing moment. The towering curtain of pale blue light runs from North to South, from just North of the Lexington ruins, through Stormspire glittering with lights in the distance, and on for a few more miles.

Saul takes into account this manifestation of the ley line. The entire valley is within range of the effects of the ley line, if not right upon it, but the rare few structures that afford protection from interlopers are rather public places--that inn or coaching house being lit in the distance, for example. He continues, "Now, as to your query on significant magical history of the region. Lexington, in a state formerly known as Kentucky, was not... particularly... notable for association with magic. Not like what was once Salem, Massachusetts. Sometimes, pre-rifts history on magic can be quite vague, though, as magic was not understood at the time. Sometimes, it was spoken of as related to 'hauntings' or 'insanity' - which are niche areas of research, I'm afraid. Luckily, magic history is my niche. However, Lexington proper may hold features advantageous to the practice of the arcane arts." Saul considers what he knows about the ancient site of Lexington and its environs, but aside from well-documented and countless tales of D-shifting and fade-towns in the general area, there's nothing in particular that's noteworthy or comes prominently to mind, and he senses no supernatural evil in their proximity.

Mierin listens carefully for the duration of Saul's exposition, and when Saul mentions he can take to the air to scout for locations, she nods. "Not a bad idea."

Rocky says aloud, "Well, if we can get one of these people, I could ask them. If I can get a picture of one of them, I could see where he is, or find out where he is going. Does anyone have a picture? Let me see if I can remember anything about the ruins. We need to have a leyline and a nexus. That is where they would have it. My computer might have something, too." The hover-jeep's computer is one designed for targeting assistance, however, and so Rocky finds it useless for anything beyond the scope of its programming.

The sun will be fully below the horizon in just a few more minutes.

(GM NOTE: You're in the area of the Lexington Ruins. How are you going to find what you're looking for? Navigational skills & good ideas will be your friend!)



Temple Group
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2000
Environmental Effects: None; 85°, oppressively humid, getting dark
Ley Line:
Location: in the wilderness South of Stormspire & East-Northeast of Dunscon; perhaps an hour from the region/forest known as Soulharvest

Order of Battle
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Brokswa (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Bel'Dar (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)

Wakiza keys his radio, "So what do you think Vheld, We stop a few miles out and work our way in carefully or just go in guns blazing? You know more about rituals than I. Personally, I would prefer to move in stealthy, set a perimeter and begin sniping the ones running the ritual and make them come find us. However, I'm open to all ideas."

Wakiza heads to the cockpit and asks Ray, "Hey Ray, You see anything interesting that has to do with this mission?"

Ray cocks his head to one side in a peculiarly apt approximation of human puzzlement. "Sir, that's a bit broad in scope. Perhaps you could narrow the parameters of your inquiry further? If you mean anything on the ATRV's instrumentation, then no. It's a virtual blanket of forest to the horizon, and there's nothing on radar for thirty miles around." The last ray of sunlight dips below the horizon as Ray's responding to Wakiza.

The interior lights of the ATRV automatically come on. A dull red glow replaces the previous amber-white light throughout the vehicle. From the cockpit and the observation deck alike, all can see the distant curtains of pale blue light manifest into the night sky as the ley lines criss-cross haphazardly across the local terrain. None of them are particularly large or brilliant, but there are many of them that stretch across and illuminate the canopy of the forest all around them.

Vheld curtly answers Ronan's question then takes off to fly parallel to the ATRV at approximately its own altitude: eighty feet up, and skimming the top of the forest canopy. He responds at length to Wakiza's radio chatter. "If we attack and can interrupt the ritual for at least a minute or two that should disrupt it- but locating it before they can raise any kind of defenses would increase our chances of success. I can't offer a lot of specific tactical recommendations until I see the lay of the land, but I agree that landing well outside the temple and adopting a stealthy approach is the way to go. Ray and Seymour should be able to hold down the fort for us. I recommend Ronan take point, and you lead him and Will into the temple. As for myself and my minions, I envision two possibilities. First, I can enter the temple with you, and leave my minions outside. When we need assistance, I can signal them through my familiar and have them assault the temple head-on. The advantage there is we are more likely to avoid detection without any supernatural beings among us. The disadvantage is that we will be short-handed. Option two, I send my familiar and half my minions in with you for additional muscle, while I wait outside with my fliers. When I get the signal, I shall play the part of 'cavalry.' The advantage here is that my spells are likely to be the most effective distraction we have at our disposal. Presently, I am leaning towards option one: I can provide support spells for the rest of you, and I will be in a better position to identify the journals we need, but I am open to suggestions."

Ronan shrugs as Vheld flies off then, a few moments later, adds his own two cents of comms chatter. "I prefer the covert approach, we can always become overt if we need too. Just point me where we need to go once we hit the ground. Do we want to leave this temple structure intact?" Beside him, Seymour continues to drive wordlessly. Perhaps he was just out of nonsense to ramble about before, but now Ronan can tell that he's silent from worry, from fear. Seymour had kicked on the headlights of the Cargonaut nearly half an hour ago, and now it's absolutely mandatory. Ronan himself can see about six hundred feet ahead in the dark, were there an unobstructed stretch of six hundred feet to be had. This forest, however, is clearly not a managed resource. It's wild. And what's more, it looks to be ancient; hundreds of years of dense undergrowth, fallen trees, and hanging tree limbs make the ride a rough, winding one, and progress is slow-going. Seymour's hands would show white knuckles if it weren't for the fur. Suddenly, the vehicle begins to sputter then comes to a rather quick stop. Seymour just stares at the back-lit instrument panel. Ronan, concerned, peeks at it: they're out of fuel.

Wakiza adds some more to the comms chatter. "I agree. Ronan take point and you'll lead me, Will and Vheld into the temple. We'll leave your minions outside for backup, as you advised. We'll set down about two miles out from the temple and hike in. On the way out I don't care about the temple structure, however to start with we don't know where the ritual is being held. We need to find that first and get those notes or whatever back? Anyone else have any ideas?"

Will finally adds his own portion to the collective comm chatter. "Covert is good. On that subject, I've got a giant glowing ball of energy hovering over my shoulder. I haven't drawn on it yet. Vheld, if you're acting in a support role, feel free to boost us using this before we arrive. I support that order of battle. Ronan takes point, Wak and I follow up. Vheld, I like your option one as well. We don't know what we'll be up against in there, and we'll likely need the assistance. The temple assault by your cohort should help distract from our goal. No plan ever survives contact with the enemy, but we might be able to pull this off with a coup de main. One fell swoop. Zip zap, boom, done. As for the intactness of the temple? I think priority number one should be ending the ritual and retrieving these journals. If there's no one to finish the ritual, I'm not too worried about the temple. But I do like a good explosion I can walk away from. What's our plan for Seymour? I can stick close and keep him in mystical armors if needed. But if that detracts from our true mission, then maybe he should stay behind. What are your thoughts, Brothers?"

Wakiza speaks to Ray again, "Find us a place to set down about two miles out from the temple."

Ray looks up at Wakiza once more. "Sure thing, boss. Once we find wherever that is."

Seymour finally speaks up over the radio. "I don't have an idea, but I do have something to report: we're outta gas down here."

(GM NOTE: You're now in/above Soulharvest. This may well be your last opportunity to detail how are you going to find what you're looking for though, unlike the other teams, you at least have a general idea of where to go & what to look for. Navigational skills will be your friend!)

What are your intentions?

GM NOTES:
  • BE MINDFUL OF WHICH GROUP YOU'RE IN! (Don't make my mistake) Expand the Order of Battle tag to verify with whom you're traveling before posting.
  • Reminder: Skill checks are ignored which don't also have explanation as to what they're being used to achieve.


Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -9 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots,
NE-ATRV:
Ray the Robot:
William Summers: -0 P.P.E., -58 MD
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; -38 M.D.C. from FF
Vheld: (Sustain active) -0 P.P.E.; -1 charge/invincible armor talisman, -16 S.D.C.
Silhouette:
Sshir:
Slithn:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
Rocky:
Saul:
Felix:
Ernstweavel:
Cargonaut:
Seymour:
Ronan:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Wolf Whitaker:
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Minerva: -30 M.D.C. to crystal armor
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Marauder PA: LPC: 240 shots/-0 shots;
Lahz: (Sustain active), -10 I.S.P.
Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter:
Daphne:
John Altfeld:
Brokswa: -1 charge/invincible armor talisman
Bel'Dar: -1 charge/invincible armor talisman
Tony the Tiger-Bot: -11 M.D. to Cyborg Armor
Zed:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5266
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Daphne » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 40/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 12; 1d100 = 49
Conditions: None.
Location: Meadow Maruders


Skills:
Navigation 1d100 = 49/62% Pass (To Narrow down the location of the meadow.)
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 1d100 = 43/87% Pass (To continue flying the Kittani Fighter.)
Radio: Basic 1d100 = 85/62% Fail (To contact her team.)
Radio: Basic 1d100 = 41/62% Pass (To try again to contact her team.)
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 34/62% Pass (To keep up on the stuff moving around the area.)
Fanatic Robophile 1d100 = 59/66% Pass (To ID the various Vehicles)
Research 1d100 = 66/42% Fail (To piece together all of the information.)



Daphne makes note of each object an location, before radioing the others. "So I have a half dozen meadows and clearings in the area, A couple of ruins are breaking through the forest. I see a couple of folks on hoverbikes moving through some ruins, likely joyriders. They're moving towards Stormspire. One person on a wingboard a few hundred feet up, looks like he may have just left Stormspire. There is a big ATV parked at the edge of one of the meadows, near some ruins. And another ATV making it's way towards ruins on the other side of the valley." Daphne says before going back to work looking in on the ATV parked by the meadow. Daphne keeps her robot at the two thousand foot mark and uses the vehicles built in telescopic cameras to spy in on them.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:30 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 61 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 67

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Happy and Hopeful], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days)

ISP: 211/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 59




MEADOWS MARAUDERS ...

Lahz chimes over the radio, "Yep, this is him," then saves the still-frame image of his father for safekeeping and pops the seals on his Marauder while absently responding to Finn, "For an anti-tech guy you seem to be alot more comfortable riding than hiking back to Psyscape hehehe ... I fully agree on the Astral exploration though, always a gamble. Basically I believed that if I could get hold of you that your experience might afford us some better information on how to fight this Nxla thing. After all you have more history with it than almost anyone in the Magic Zone. I don't know many other people edging up on 500 years old, and there weren't any other options freely available. Now we've made contact though I will drop you a couple other options. First, an encrypted radio frequency, we have a receiver with 300 miles of reception so we are more likely than most to hear you. Second I will check in with you or Mom via dream-visits periodically to share intelligence. If you find anything important please feel free to do the same. Third ..." as he emerges from the Power-Armor's protective cocoon Lahz's emotions spill out ahead of him and the Psi-Tech fishes out a Tracer Bug [GMG Pg 190 / Size of a checker / Can transmit a signal that can be followed up to 8 miles (12.8 km) away / 72 hours of constant transmission] to hand to his father, "drop this under your seat will you? You might not need it but if you do within the next couple days, this will help us find you easier."

"Also, I have a group of comrades headed for a secondary ritual down in the Lexington Ruins that's supposed to be concurrent with the one we are looking to interrupt. They're probably going to have the same issues as you, though they have a guy who can run around at over 100 MPH, and a flying PA. If you joined together you might have a better time scouting those Ruins. If you would like I can put you in contact with them, or you can head back home to Psyscape ... or if you already have areas you can rule out I can let them know they were checked and cross things off their list of places to search."

Lahz fishes out [2] Ear Mic Radio Receiver & Transmitter, and hands 1 that has been programmed to the Meadows' frequency to Finn. He largely expects his father to bolt 'for the mission!', but figures he has time to sneak in a hug. "You said you've managed to confirm that they are operating in this area in fair numbers, but have been unable to determine from where they're conducting their raids. That suggests you have at least put eyeballs on them at some point. My aerial recon has identified a few possibilities for our ritualists, are Nxla's morons all-magic-all-the-time? There are a couple large ATVs, and a couple hovercycles that have been spotted and might be worth investigating, but not if they refuse to use tech."

If Finn offers an opinion, Lahz relates it to the others, if not or he is unsure on the topic, Lahz shrugs, *worth a shot* then passes the 2nd ear-bud microphone to Minerva before reloading himself back into his Marauder, "Safe Travels Psyscape, keep your third eyes open."

"Diamond, can you give the ugly-duckling that new radio when next he lands? He does not seem to be hearing anyone ... Ok so, a Ritual doesn't necessarily mean it has to include alot of people, but something tells me Nxla's little ego-boosting-ritual is going to be attendance based. So Phoenix, I think our ATVs are probably better bets seating-wise. From your height do any of the single-travelers look like they are on an intercept for the ATVs? Can you send coordinates on the parked ATV and tell us if that one is close to a Ley Line? Meanwhile, you follow the ATV in motion at a distance? If that one parks at another ley line well ... we will have more info by then right?"

Intelligence 90%: 1d100 = 3 -- try to figure out likely vehicle for Nxla's No-Names
Navigation 66%: 1d100 = 69 -- estimate distance to meadow with parked ATV

"Tony? What's your estimate on distance to the parked ATV?"




TONY

Intelligence 90%: 1d100 = 74
Land Navigation 90%: 1d100 = 64 -- estimate distance to meadow with parked ATV
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:07 am

JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 97
PER: 1d100 = 75 vs. 76%

Temple Group

Vheld wrote:Land Navigation- Original post: 1d100 = 4 vs. 95%
Tracking- Original post: 1d100 = 38 vs. 89%
To locate their destination and/or relevant necromancers operating in the area.


Additional land navigation rolls to stay on target for the temple/heart of soulharvest:
10d100:
58, 78, 4, 18, 25, 24, 79, 91, 41, 21


Vheld continues looking for the 'heart' of Soulharvest as he scouts/attempts to navigate to the temple (ideally finding somewhere to set down a couple miles out).

Ronan wrote:"Do we want to leave this temple structure intact?"
"Probably not, once we've retrieved the journals."

William Summers wrote:"Covert is good. On that subject, I've got a giant glowing ball of energy hovering over my shoulder. I haven't drawn on it yet. Vheld, if you're acting in a support role, feel free to boost us using this before we arrive." Will waves his Energy Sphere over to Vheld, gifting the 800 PPE to his brother in magic.
"I have my own- keep yours in reserve for now. I may need it if things go south."

William Summers wrote:"What's our plan for Seymour? I can stick close and keep him in mystical armors if needed. But if that detracts from our true mission, then maybe he should stay behind. What are your thoughts, Brothers?"
With a contemptuous glance backwards, Vheld briefly considers leaving Seymour with his minions. That does not sound like a recipe for success. Growling into his comm, Vheld says "I suppose we bring him along. He might be useful for retrieving the journals when the time comes."

Vheld remains silent as the planning continues- it looks like a consensus has been reached. He adds at the end, "Once we've acquired a visual on the temple, I can place a few enchantments to make our lives easier inside. That should still be far enough out that they won't be able to detect me- particularly if there's a ley line nearby or the ritual is already beginning."

Augur wrote:"I don't have an idea, but I do have something to report: we're outta gas down here."
Did this idiot really head out into the wilderness without buying enough fuel for his vehicle? Unbelievable. Vheld is torn between scowling at Seymour's lack of preparation and grinning as the idea to leave him to walk the rest of the way pops into his head. With a sigh, he shakes his head and dismisses the thought- however tempting. He may still be useful. At least this way we don't need to keep plodding along. Into his radio, he replies "Hold on- I'm coming to pick you up." With a wave to Brokswa indicating that he is to follow, Vheld banks Bel'Dar around and drops back from his scouting position to return to Seymour's vehicle.

Pointedly not looking at Seymour and giving vent to his frustration, Vheld commands "Grab your things- I'll take you up to the ARTV. Brokswa, grab the rat." He commands the sprite to carry Ronan in its hands if there's only room for one rider. Once Ronan and Seymour are ready to go, Vheld will ferry them up to the ARTV. "Ray, hold your position for a sec. I've got some new passengers to drop off."

Once Ronan and Seymour have been safely deposited and the group is ready to hit the road again, Vheld resumes his scouting position (and his search for the temple).
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:52 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 73 / 1d20 = 19
Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 19

Prowl [59%]: 1d100 = 42 (Be quiet, not draw attention while waiting for Vheld)
Charm/Impress [29%]:1d100 = 25 (Be personable)
Detect Ambush [59%]: 1d100 = 14 (Maintain watchful eye until Vheld arrives)
Intelligence [59%]: 1d100 = 23 (Planning begins)
Radio: Basic [84%]: 1d100 = 77 [Disregard]

Temple Group
What a place, this forest is completely overgrown and wild. Ronan thinks to himself, rolling his neck and re-situating his weapons so the KLS is snug and secure next to his left leg, braced against the middle console of the Cargonaught and his left leg. The Viper machine gun still resting in his lap, he keeps his eyes out until the sputtering occurs and the Viper comes up and out; glancing over to spot the empty gauge, Ronan sighs. We're out of fuel? He thinks in disbelief and clicks over his radio after Seymour finally comments.

Seymour wrote:"I don't have an idea, but I do have something to report: we're outta gas down here."


Vheld wrote:"Hold on- I'm coming to pick you up."


"Next time, we add spare tanks."Ronan says to Seymour directly about the gas and doesn't add else over comms. He hops out of the Cargonaught and climbs up to the top of the vehicle to find a perch to do a visual sweep of the area while he waits for Vheld. H He will help Seymour grab his gear up and lock up the Cargonaught, and will also look for any loose items that may be useful to grab and take with him. He'll keep a watchful eye and be ready when Vheld arrives, glancing at the demon and shrugging. If the crew could see me now.

Vheld wrote:"Grab your things- I'll take you up to the ARTV. Brokswa, grab the rat."


Ronan will respond with a curt "Ready." Not willing to test the patience of this dude who commands demons. When Ronan receives the ride he will be carried and go lazy, Not like this was my fault. Maybe I can track down my own set of transportation soon. Can't be relying on being a demon's bitch for carrying, and its not like I can fly. He thinks during his transport and upon arrival at the ARTV will hope in with Will and Wak and remove his helmet, offering a half salute and a smile. "This thing doesn't run on gas too, does it?" Ronan says in a jest towards the occupants of the ARTV before pointing at their card game. "Room for another? We've got some planning to do, planning is best done over games of chance, right?" He adds with a dastardly grin.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 64 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 47

Wakiza wrote:Land Navigation-- Original post: 1d100 = 51 / 83% (Location and terrain around the temple)


Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Group: Temple

Wak just shakes his head as Seymour says he is out of fuel. Spirits, the man comes to the Magic Zone unarmed and without enough fuel to get back? Was he trying to commit suicide? Ugly way to do it. He looks at Vheld and lets him decide what to do about his new teammate. Seeing the look on Vheld, Well this new man may not be around long. To Vheld, "The enchantments sound good, anything that can help. You sure you want to pick him up? Bet his vehicle is stripped when we get back. Well maybe not around here. To many necros around." Wak racks his brain around the possible location of the temple. He reviews any maps they have and uses the navigation and radar systems aboard the ATRV. Where is this place? Once they get to the general area where they temple might be, "Ray, do ever-widening circles to see if we can get lucky and find this temple."

Once Ronan is aboard and asks to play, "Take my spot Ronan, as I am getting my ass handed to me yet again." Wak goes to the bridge again and coninues to try and find this temple. If he can't find the temple and now that everyone is aboard, "Anyone have any ideas on finding this so called temple?"

Land Navigation-- 1d100 = 62 / 83% (Location of and terrain around the temple) Extra rolls 1d100 = 57 1d100 = 22 1d100 = 75
Sensory Equipment-- 1d100 = 73 / 53% (Looking for anything, landmarks near the temple or the like) Extra rolls 1d100 = 42 1d100 = 9 1d100 = 40
Intelligence-- 1d100 = 65 / 72% (Disrupting a ritual)
Lore: Magic-- 1d100 = 46 / 58% (Disrupting a ritual)
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby William Summers » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 25/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 50

Group: Temple

With Vheld not needing Will's Energy Sphere, he keeps it for himself.

Seymour wrote:"I don't have an idea, but I do have something to report: we're outta gas down here."

How did his guy manage to tag along with our crew? How can you be this unprepared for a mission of this gravity? This is why I've always preferred machines with a magical touch. If that were a Tee-Dub engine, I could have us back on track in no time.
Will watches his impermanent teammate, Vheld head down to pick up the now stranded Ronan and Seymour. While they wait for the transfer, Will looks up to Wakiza to speak. "We should leave that vehicle behind. When we make it out of this, maybe we stop at the nearest city-nation to grab some gasoline for the little guy. He might not be able to hack it here."

Ronan wrote:He thinks during his transport and upon arrival at the ARTV will hope in with Will and Wak and remove his helmet, offering a half salute and a smile. "This thing doesn't run on gas too, does it? "

Will gives Ronan a big thumbs up and replies "Nope. She's got a Hemi. It's a type of nuclear reactor."

Ronan wrote:"Room for another? We've got some planning to do, planning is best done over games of chance, right?" He adds with a dastardly grin.

Wakiza wrote:"Take my spot Ronan, as I am getting my ass handed to me yet again."

"Damn right you are. Have a seat Ronan. Time to teach you all about the ancient game of UNO." Will shuffles the cards and deals a hand to Ronan. He holds his cards in one hand and rolls the Eye of Odin in the other. Left or right? Left or right?
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Minerva » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:23 am

Perception: 1d100 = 27/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 47

Group: Meadows

No me gusta que me ignoren. Parked and watching Lahz's interaction with the group go well, Minerva looks straight up to see Zed hovering above and not responding to her radio message. ¿Tiene siquiera una puta radio? Minerva activates her Telepathy and reaches out to Zed's mind. Birdman. Get your head out of the clouds. Do you have a radio? We are trying to communicate with you. It looks like Ace's family truly was in that vehicle. It should be safe to approach. Please continue scouting for our objective.


Lahz wrote:"Diamond, can you give the ugly-duckling that new radio when
next he lands? He does not seem to be hearing anyone ..."


"I just connected via telepathy. I'm sure he heard me this time. I'll get him the radio ASAP."

Speaking to Zed again, Minerva says Ace has a radio for you. Pick it up immediately.


Daphne wrote:"So I have a half dozen meadows and clearings in the area, A couple of ruins are breaking through the forest. I see a couple of folks on hoverbikes moving through some ruins, likely joyriders. They're moving towards Stormspire. One person on a wingboard a few hundred feet up, looks like he may have just left Stormspire. There is a big ATV parked at the edge of one of the meadows, near some ruins. And another ATV making it's way towards ruins on the other side of the valley."



Lahz wrote:"Ok so, a Ritual doesn't necessarily mean it has to include alot of people, but something tells me Nxla's little ego-boosting-ritual is going to be attendance based. So Phoenix, I think our ATVs are probably better bets seating-wise. From your height do any of the single-travelers look like they are on an intercept for the ATVs? Can you send coordinates on the parked ATV and tell us if that one is close to a Ley Line? Meanwhile, you follow the ATV in motion at a distance? If that one parks at another ley line well ... we will have more info by then right?"


"If the three of you can cover the rest, Volcano and I can ride over to the meadow near the ruins to check it out."
Unless Lahz has anything to say about Minerva's plan, she'll head toward the ATV making its way toward the ruins.


Translations
No me gusta que me ignoren. =I don't like being ignored.
¿Tiene siquiera una puta radio? =Does he even have a fucking radio?
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:25 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 57
Init: 1d20 = 13
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 38
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 3
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 80


Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 68

Skills
Intelligence 40% / 1d100 = 6 - Where would a good spot in the temple for a large ritual?
Lore: Magic --General Knowledge: 50% / 1d100 = 21 - guess at number of people needed
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 53% / 1d100 = 34 - how to stop a zombie
Surveillance -- 54% / 1d100 = 43 - activate cameras
Computer Operation 70% / 1d100 = 5 - link cameras

Post -
Temple Group
Seymour gives his head a shake and looks at Ronan, then the dash and back to Ronan. With an embarrassed look, tells about the gas. With the dirty looks and snide comments from the others, Seymour scrambles to the back of hid rig and dis assembles his gear. Quickly and with skill, in a way that suggests this isn't the first time. By the time he is done and standing with Ronan, he is holding a cardboard box full of electronic stuff. as Vheld’s minions approach, Seymour tries to hide his cringe as he is grabbed. To cover his fright, he clutches his box of goodies tighter.

Once back at the ARTV, Seymour places his box in a corner. ’That was creeepy as fuck. Maybe he isnt the best choice to have as a mentor.” With a shudder, he moves to stand closer to the planning. He listens as the others discuss how to pull off their insane plan. ”Stop a god’s ritual? A week ago I was begging for something to film and now I am part of a plot to stop a god!!” He stands taller and leans in, eager to help. When he gets a chance to speak, he pipes up ’Just let me know what you need. Anyway i can be of help.” He nods and settles in to plan. ”Now that i finally got my certification in pilot Power Armor, maybe i can be off more use. Also took the extra time to practice everyday with that fancy spear thing. I think i got that down. So just need to know where to be and i can do my thing and shine.” His tail flicks excitedly as the plans unfurl.
As they talk, seymour decides to have the camera follow him around. So he takes a moment or two, to link them to hie gauntlet. ’They need names. What were those two birds? Old video my mom used to play….. Oh Yeah!! Heckle and Jeckle… That is it. These are Heckle and Jeckle.” He giggles as he has them float above either shoulder. ”Team!! Meet Heckle and Jeckle.” With motions with his hands at each camera as he says the name.
Last edited by Seymour Ruiz on Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:49 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 88
JIC d20: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d100 = 86

Meadow Group

Jack listens to the radios, he is just waiting for something to do. When Minerva recommends moving into the meadow,

"If the three of you can cover the rest, Volcano and I can ride over to the meadow near the ruins to check it out."
Unless Lahz has anything to say about Minerva's plan, she'll head toward the ATV making its way toward the ruins.


Jack grins, he knows he has to keep his wits about him, About time! “I’m all for it.” He smiles at Minerva.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 21

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 8 (88%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 77 (59%) watching for signs of a possible attack

Lexington Ruins Group

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

Mierin waits quietly as many member of her team were researching things to try to determine where they needed to go in order to disrupt this ritual. Shouldn't be too hard Mierin thinks to herself. A well placed shot to the head should do it. Out loud, she asks, ”Has anyone found out anything useful?" After a moment, she adds, ”Before I forget to mention this, I have a small amount of psychic power so I might be vulnerable. I wasn't affected when the last attack happened, but I figured I should mention it in case I am affected when the next attack occurs.” As she continues to wait, Mierin constantly looks around for signs of an ambush, not wanting to be caught off guard.
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:55 am

Perception: 65%1d100 = 54
JIC d20: 1d20 = 18
JIC d100: 1d100 = 77

Lexington Group
Mierin listens carefully for the duration of Saul's exposition, and when Saul mentions he can take to the air to scout for locations, she nods. "Not a bad idea."
Rocky agrees it’s a good plan, “I agree, can you, be invisible?”
Rocky looks for a good place to observer the lay out from then speaks out, “I could also help look." Rocky will wait till sunset and use the night vision/IR imaging to help locate along with Radar to find groups of people.

OOC Comments
Features of Note:
Features common to all NG Power Armor (p.61, WB34)
Enhanced Radar: 100 miles, I.D. & track 96 targets
Helmet Cameras: record 96 hours of video and 4,000 photos
Nightvision Optics (2,000')



Surveillance Systems―105% 1d100 = 14
Read Sensory Equipment 80% 1d100 = 23
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 97
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 28

CONDITIONS: John is at +5 Feet.


RUINS RATS GROUP



John gazes out at the ruins, trying to catch that thought on the tip of his brain. "I almost forgot, but can't ley lines be accessed from underground? If that's the case, they're probably in some kind of old basement or sewer, right? Those tended to stay more in tact. I'll take a look for footpaths or any obvious ground-level hatchways. Failing that, the inn over there probably has a basement."

Land Navigation (To Identify Areas That Are More Likely to Contain Anomalously Intact Underground Structures - i.e. it's a bog, but there's a conspicuously straight ridge or blocky mound in the center): 1d100 = 11 / 78%

John then checks suspicious landforms from that eyeball examination for areas with concealed hatches or pathways displaying recent travel by a group of people.

Tracking: People (To Do The Thing Described Above): 1d100 = 83 / 51%
Detect Concealment (To Do The Thing Described Above): 1d100 = 85 / 51%


ASSUMING JOHN FINDS NOTHING AND IS INEVITABLY LED TO THE INN

"So, I didn't find anything out in the great deep woods, but that inn looks promising. Which gives us, um, a few options."

John looks over at the inn, talking while still looking at the lights. "One. Go in hard and kill everything. That's probably not the best plan."

He then starts making scare quotes around words. "Two, send some people in 'casual' to get 'intelligence' and... I guess I probably have to wait outside. I won't go smaller than this. So, um, save a bottle of whiskey or something?"

"Whether there's a secret passage in the basement and the inn is serving man, or they can just point us to the creepy interlopers, that's our best bet of further information."

John stares into the darkness for a long moment, considering the inn's light. "I don't like caves. I don't like underground. Maybe we can just collapse the roof on them."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 95 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 90

Lexington Ruins Group


Wolf lets a smile cross his face as he watches the wheels turning with the rest of the group members. Well at least we are thinking in the right direction. Let hope something comes of it. Really glad Saul is here. His knowledge may prove invaluable...just make sure we prove ourselves...all in good time. Nothing to shoot yet...Just make sure not to run out of bullets this time...gods that happened one time.

"Great point John. Underground would provide cover and privacy for their ritual. I am glad you and Saul are here. Makes finding these bastards a little easier. I will follow your lead John."

When John talks about scouting the inn, Wolf mulls over the options for a moment before speaking. "Ya you are pretty noticeable big guy. So I would say myself, Saul, and Mierin checkout the inn. The rest can be ready to bust in if things go sideways.
What are you doing...shut up, not the time.
"I am certain that if we get into trouble there will be no mistaking it...Still let's ensure all our radios are set correctly just incase."

Radio Basic-- 55% / 1d100 = 14 (To ensure all radios are set to the same frequency)
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons

NE-6SL ; NE-6SL
6/6 ; 6/6


NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver x2
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zed » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:54 am

Perception: 23% | 1d100 = 97
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 35

Meadow Group

Conditions: Chameleon, Fly as The Eagle

The Magi is content to fly under cover of chameleon, and do all he can to be a decent lookout for the time being. He flies closer to the group that is not in his caravanning party but far enough away that he can still be a look out for his caravan.

He does not hear the radio traffic due to the fact that he does not yet have a radio.

I don't even know where we are headed here in the land where I hail from.. I should speak with someone about that and get more information. Maybe I can be of some help- this is our magic zone after all.

Zed periodically lands on the vehicle to give or get any updates. During one of them he grabs a radio and makes sure to check the signal and frequency before heading back out to fly and scout.

He smiles keying his radio when back up and flying, "Rookie mistake. Just got a radio. Was enjoying the familiar scenery out here. What did I miss?"
P.P.E.: 177|177 +3d6/lvl
S.D.C.: 45|45
H.P.: 20|20 +1d6/lvl


Special Abilities
1. One with the body: -50% fatigue rate, hold breath for 3 minutes, +5% to balance
2. One with the mind: alert and able to stay focused even when all hell is breaking loose around him
3. One with Magic: comprehensive understanding of the principles of magic and is especially well versed in ritual magic and power spells
4. Pilot Automaton. [All, but prefers the Colossus]
5. May Draw P.P.E. from ley lines, nexus points, people, and ritual blood sacrifice the same as a Ley Line Walker
6. Link with the Lords of Magic: can draw upon the P.P.E. reserves of the three Lords of Magic to create magic weapons via the Enchant Weapons (minor) spell, at 50% P.P.E. cost to The Three; alerts The Three when a High Mage is killed
7. Automaton Creation & Bonding Rituals: knows the secrets of creating Automatons and the bonding ritual that gives the Controllers their unique union with the magical constructs


Zed aka Daelur Ezekiel Zenth
User avatar
Zed
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:15 pm

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 76 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 35

Conditions (At the end of this post): Flying, invisible (48/48 melees)

Lexington Ruins Group

Mierin wrote:”Not a bad idea.”


Rocky wrote:“I agree, can you, be invisible?”


"Indeed." Saul stands, and unfolds his magical wings, prepared to take flight.

Mierin wrote:”Before I forget to mention this, I have a small amount of psychic power so I might be vulnerable. I wasn't affected when the last attack happened, but I figured I should mention it in case I am affected when the next attack occurs.”


Saul frowns. "If you are struck down... at least you shall not be alone."

With that, he speaks a word of arcane power, and disappears from view.

OOC Comments
Cast: Invisibility (Simple): -6 PPE


Wolf wrote:"Ya you are pretty noticeable big guy. So I would say myself, Saul, and Mierin checkout the inn. The rest can be ready to bust in if things go sideways."


Saul's disembodied voice speaks: "I shall make a perimeter sweep in the direction of that Inn and report back via comms."

Saul takes to the air, and sweeps outward in a spiral search pattern. As he approaches the Inn, he swoops down to an altitude of about 300', in order to better detect any evil or magic. That Inn does look somewhat suspicious - I hadn't expected any civilization in these ruins, but I must suppose it is not unheard of. Still, it bears investigation.

Sense Supernatural Evil 65% 1d100 = 78 (Range 360' - detect supernatural evil, possession, or magical enchantment - FAIL)
Lore: Magic (If magic is detected, Saul will seek to identify it inasmuch as he is able)
--General Knowledge: 55% 1d100 = 80 (FAIL)
--Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 45% 1d100 = 77 (FAIL)
--Recognize Enchantment 37% 1d100 = 17 (SUCCESS)
Intelligence 36% 1d100 = 25 (If Saul sees any vehicles, PAs or Robots - or spellcasters - he will endeavor to identify what group they belong to - SUCCESS)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 35% 1d100 = 85 (If Saul sees any beings, he will attempt to determine if they are demons/deevils/ or monsters - FAIL)
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 101/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image


Meadow Group
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2000
Environmental Effects: 85°, oppressively humid, impending storm clouds; night time/dark
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Location: Northeast of the Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Daphne (MARS; Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
----Tony the Tiger-Bot (Lahz's)--shadowing Lahz
Felix (MARS, flying solo)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Zed (Roughnecks; flying solo)

Daphne radios the others, "So I have a half dozen meadows and clearings in the area, A couple of ruins are breaking through the forest. I see a couple of folks on hoverbikes moving through some ruins, likely joyriders. They're moving towards Stormspire. One person on a wingboard a few hundred feet up, looks like he may have just left Stormspire. There is a big ATV parked at the edge of one of the meadows, near some ruins. And another ATV making it's way towards ruins on the other side of the valley." She flies over to look in on meadow with the ATV, keeps to a good altitude, and uses her bot's optics suite to get a closer look at the area around the ATV. She can't make out fine details even with the optics due to being in motion, at altitude, and in the dark, but she sees a half dozen humanoid figures in the area around the ATV. It's not long, however, before she sees multiple figures--perhaps as many as a couple dozen more--emerge in groups from nearby forested areas of the ruins. There's definitely something serious going on.

Meanwhile, back at the hill crest with the others, Lahz speaks with his father. "Now we've made contact though I will drop you a couple other options. First, an encrypted radio frequency, we have a receiver with 300 miles of reception so we are more likely than most to hear you. Second I will check in with you or Mom via dream-visits periodically to share intelligence. If you find anything important please feel free to do the same. Third drop this under your seat will you? You might not need it but if you do within the next couple days, this will help us find you easier."

His father replies succinctly, "Lahz, I'll program in your radio frequency so we can communicate, but under no circumstances will I put a tracking device on one of our vehicles, nor will we be using our abilities to communicate over great distances like that. The risk is just too great."

Lahz continues to talk, but it's rather clear from his father's face that he doesn't like the tone of his son's speech. "Lahz, as you've said, I'm plenty old enough to know what my options are. I don't require my child to spell them out to me. You've provided a great deal of specific intelligence, and Psyscape needs to know about it. As to 'Nxla's moron minions,' just because many have been necromancers is no reason to conclude that all are as such though it may be the case." He snaps off a quick, informal salute to his son and nods to the driver. "We're off. I'll keep our comm line open for you. Should your team need help, radio us, but we're all on official business here, so no chatter." His eyes and tone soften for a moment, and he clasps one of Lahz's shoulders with a firm hand as he says "Don't get cocky. Arrogance will surely cost you dearly if you entertain it. Be safe, son." The two hover vehicles speed off into the dark.

Zed gets the telepathic blast from Minerva, swoops down, and reactivates his flight spell as he can feel it near its end. He's on the ground long enough to hear the exchange between Lahz, his father, and Jack & Minerva's responses to the new info.

Minerva, irritated and anxious, with Jack enthusiastically encouraging her from behind, takes off on her bike in the general direction of where she last saw Daphne's flying robot in the sky. Zed flies in pursuit of Minerva's motorcycle while Lahz curses as he gets re-suited and trails after her as well. His power armor handles the terrain more easily than her street bike, but even with reduced speed from the sometimes rugged terrain, the motorcycle is quite speedy by comparison.

(GM NOTE: You're somewhat Northeast of the Lexington Ruins.)



Lexington Ruins Group
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2000
Environmental Effects: 85°, oppressively humid, impending storm clouds; night time/dark
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Location: Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)

Mierin considers the ways by which someone might be "interrupted" in her own macabre fashion then uncharacteristically shares a little bit of info about herself and her less obvious abilities. Rocky offers to help look as well using the optics & sensors in her powered suit. The RADAR is practically useless, of course, as any physical obstruction immediately results in return indistinguishable from noise, and his optics, while useful, have a somewhat limited range of a couple thousand feet.

John ventures forth his own thoughts, "I almost forgot, but can't ley lines be accessed from underground? If that's the case, they're probably in some kind of old basement or sewer, right? Those tended to stay more in tact. I'll take a look for footpaths or any obvious ground-level hatchways. Failing that, the inn over there probably has a basement."

Wolf adds, "Great point, John. Underground would provide cover and privacy for their ritual. I am glad you and Saul are here. Makes finding these bastards a little easier. I will follow your lead, John."

While the others spend their time reaching the inn, John races ahead and scouts out the entire area. A half hour later, they rejoin in a small clearing beside a copse of trees. On the other side of the trees, the light from the inn shines brightly into the dark, muggy night. The air is so thick with moisture that it's nearly a fog despite the relatively warm temperature. John noticed one set of decrepit stairs amid some ruins about a hundred twenty or so feet north of the inn itself. The stairwell is nearly imperceptible, and unlit, but John perceived the large gap between standing stones for what it was: a mostly-collapsed stairwell entrance. (Absolute SHIT perception roll & skill checks mitigated a bit by a good land nav check) While the inn itself appears to be awake, it certainly doesn't appear to be terribly busy as there seem to be only a few silhouetted figures moving inside, and there are no vehicles outside to indicate a glut of travelers spending the night.

While the others make their way by vehicle to the inn, Saul flies there via the enchanted bronze wings he's been carrying in a furled position on his back thus far. He makes himself invisible and flies to the area around the inn with alacrity, but before his reconnoitering is finished, the invisibility wears off. It doesn't matter too much though, there was but two people (if one could call them such) amid the ruins that he could see from his lofty vantage--and somehow, John didn't run face-first into either of them. They are...beings, humanoid in shape, but twisted. They walk on their hands, and have sickly hooked and clawed feet above. Saul has never seen or heard of anything like them. They seemed to be prowling around the area singly, and either looking for something or somebody. One of them is about two hundred feet directly north of their current position, the other about three hundred feet north and a bit west of their position. Saul is fairly certain that neither of the two spotted him despite his spell lapsing.

Image

MAP
Image


GM NOTE: You're in the heart of the Lexington Ruins. The inn is scant yards west of your position on the map.)



Temple Group
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2100
Environmental Effects: 85°, oppressively humid; night time/dark
Ley Line: 5 miles long, 500' thick, East-West axis, centered on Temple Mound
Location: in the wilderness South of Stormspire & East-Northeast of Dunscon; perhaps an hour from the region/forest known as Soulharvest

Order of Battle
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Brokswa (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Bel'Dar (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)

Ronan, Will, Vheld, and Wakiza confer regarding their plans for approaching the problem of the temple, and Wakiza issues directions to Ray to fly in an expanding circular search pattern until the Temple is spotted. Vheld angrily plays taxi and ferries Seymour & Ronan up to the ATRV. The Cargonaut rests with an empty tank in the midst of a dense forest. Abandoned. Seymour realizes he lacks the necessary means or time to transport his small mountain of electronics, and so leaves them locked-up in his vehicle. (See your gear post.) Ronan decides not to get chatty with Vheld who seems thoroughly frustrated and upset by the recent development, and once back on the ATRV, switches spots with Wakiza in a card game with Will on the observation deck. While Wakiza scans the night sky and forest canopy from the cockpit, and Vheld conducts his own thorough examination of the same from his mounted vantage in the humid night air over the forest, Ronan and Will engage in a game of cards and Seymour introduces them to his pair of camera drones who he gives obscure names with whom nobody is familiar.

Almost an hour after relocating Seymour & Ronan from to Cargonaut to the ATRV, Ray makes a matter-of-fact statement in a peculiar accent. "Gentlemen, ah' recon' ah' gotss' found da damn temple fo' which we gotss' been searchin' fo' some hours. If ya' look plum ova' dere, ah' recon' ya'll see some few faint points uh light projectin' fum de fo'est kinopy which give away its posishun. 'S coo', bro." Wakiza, in the cockpit with Ray, follows the robot's outstretched hand to a point on the horizon and sees...a faint twinkling of light amid the black canopy. Ray flies in a few miles closer until everyone can see the lights. They appear to be torches based on the flickering, but that could also be due to light interference from the canopy. What is certain though is that there is a large, rounded stone in the middle of the forest, nearly entirely obscured by the forest around it, and the lights are in that general vicinity. Somehow, despite being an artificial being without all the complex facial characteristics normally necessary to convey such, Ray appears to be very...anxious.

(GM NOTE: You're now above Soulharvest & near what looks to be the location previously described.)

What are your intentions?

GM NOTES:
  • BE MINDFUL OF WHICH GROUP YOU'RE IN! (Don't make my mistake) Expand the Order of Battle tag to verify with whom you're traveling before posting.
  • Reminder: Skill checks are ignored which don't also have explanation as to what they're being used to achieve.


Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -9 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots,
NE-ATRV:
Ray the Robot:
William Summers: -0 P.P.E., -58 MD
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; -38 M.D.C. from FF
Vheld: (Sustain active) -0 P.P.E.; -1 charge/invincible armor talisman, -16 S.D.C.
Silhouette:
Sshir:
Slithn:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
Rocky:
Saul: -6 P.P.E.; Wings: 30 minutes of Fly as the Eagle remaining
Felix:
Ernstweavel:
Cargonaut:
Seymour:
Ronan:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Wolf Whitaker:
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Minerva: -30 M.D.C. to crystal armor
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Marauder PA: LPC: 240 shots/-0 shots;
Lahz: (Sustain active), -10 I.S.P.
Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter:
Daphne:
John Altfeld:
Brokswa: -1 charge/invincible armor talisman
Bel'Dar: -1 charge/invincible armor talisman
Tony the Tiger-Bot: -11 M.D. to Cyborg Armor
Zed: -25 P.P.E.; Fly as the Eagle activated at 2000
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5266
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:49 am

JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 25
PER: 1d100 = 77 vs. 76%
Conditions
[*]Cloak of Darkness- R:UE P. 200, 66remaining, self+7.5ft. radius, opponents striking from a distance are -3 to strike (-1 if using thermal-optics or similar)
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM P. 100, 15m remaining, blinds attackers within 10-ft radius, see spell description for other details.

Lore: Magic- 1d100 = 82, 1d100 = 60 vs. 94%
To be able to liberally estimate the maximum range at which the temple denizens will be able to sense evil and magic, respectively (assuming that knowledge isn't automatic from Vheld knowing the basic incantations already)
Prowl- 1d100 = 9 vs. 99% (includes -5% armor penalty)

Temple Group

Vheld grumpily makes note of the Cargonaut's location in the extremely likely event that Seymour asks him to rift back to it later. Who knows, if the Squad's newest recruit pulls his weight on this mission, perhaps Vheld will even agree. Vheld attempts to quiet his temper as he ferries the others up, but is only partially successful.

Wakiza wrote:"The enchantments sound good, anything that can help. You sure you want to pick him up? Bet his vehicle is stripped when we get back. Well maybe not around here. To many necros around."
Vheld shrugs. "I can't summon gasoline, and we're running late as it is. If the vehicle gets robbed, well, I'd consider it an expensive lesson in better advance planning."

At least the group can pick up a little speed now. Vheld thinks, after he's dropped off the others and resumed his scouting position. Between the increased pace and the fresh air, the shifter mellows. A little.

Presumably, Ray (or someone) communicates their imminent arrival (or Vheld's own navigational skills suffice to tell him when they get close. Vheld will follow Ray to an appropriate landing site, or pick one that's large enough for the ARTV to set down and is as close as possible (over one mile away) while not being in direct sight of the temple grounds. If Vheld hears Ray's accent, he will frown at the change and attempt to compare it to that of a former teammate, Alabaster Hayes. If the two match, he will shrug it off as some sort of eccentricity or bad joke. If they do not, he will telepathically notify Sil to keep an eye on the robot while he is away.

Once the ARTV and Bel'Dar have landed, Vheld will rendezvous with the others. If he notices Ray's 'expression', Vheld will say cautiously "Ray, is everything alright?" Otherwise, assuming their pilot isn't about to meet with a catastrophic failure, Vheld will gather his minions off to one side, then meet with the others. "I suggest we approach on foot- and keep our energy spheres covered up, Will. Those inside shouldn't be able to sense either my magics or my minions even half a mile out, so we cover the distance covertly for now. Once we're most of the way there, I can layer a few enchantments on everyone. Ray, remain here and await a signal for extraction." Here's hoping he'll respond to it.

If there are no other questions, or additions to the plan, Vheld will nod and say "You're up Ronan." Once the team is about a mile out from the temple, Vheld will whisper a brief incantation on himself, cast first cloak of darkness ((-6 PPE)). It's not much, but it will help the shifter stay out of sight anyway. He will stay as close to the others as he comfortably can during the remainder of the trip, in particular Will and his glowing energy sphere (as well as any others he can that are at elevated risk for visual detection at night).

Once the team is about half a mile out from the temple, Vheld will issue orders to his minions. "Remain here for now, and try to remain undetected while you do so. If you are detected by any of Nxla's servants, or once Silhouette barks, charge in and kill any necromancers or undead that you find. When you attack, try to avoid doing damage to the temple's structure and to anything that might be a journal, or contain one."

After Vheld is satisfied that he has closed any potential loopholes, he will take a rearguard position for the team going in and cast chromatic protection on everyone, and armor of ithan on everyone save himself ((-90 PPE)). That done, Vheld will top off his PPE base from his energy sphere and indicate his readiness to finish the approach- he'll keep quiet but defers any tactical decisions to the infiltration experts.

((Code blocks include 50% duration from ley line bonus.))

Code: Select all
[*]Armor of Ithan: RUE P. 202, 15m remaining, 100/100 MDC, 1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM P. 100, 15m remaining, blinds attackers within 10-ft radius, see spell description for other details.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:37 am

Perception: 21 / 1d100 = 89
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 30


Lexington Ruins Group


Wolf pulls Dusty to a halt with the rest of the group and awaits Saul to return from his airborne reconnaissance. I hope this Inn pans out. I didn't see anything that would be use able on our way in here. Magic really is a love/hate relationship. Love what it gives you and hate what you can't understand.

Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% / 1d100 = 37 (To identify or recall any information on the creatures Saul Describes)
When/if Saul tells everyone about the creature he saw. "That sounds wrong ten ways from Sunday. I would recommend avoiding them as they do not seem to have seen us yet. We don't want to get pulled into a fight before we have located our target. I would recommend those staying outside the Inn to keep a watchful eye on those things in case they become hostile. Are we agreed on Saul, Mierin, and myself checking the Inn? Rocky and John provide backup as you are the most conspicuous of the group?" Those creatures could prove a problem later...I know but a firefight now would draw the attention of others in the area and we need to be low key right now...a firefight in the Inn would do the same...but we don't know what is in the Inn, and if it's what we are looking for then we are already in position to hit the ritual. Otherwise we would be alerting them to our presence while out of position to do anything about the ritual. Now Shut up.

Once everyone is in agreement Wolf will head to the Inn, his hands subtlety brushing the handles of his pistols, with the others to check out what is moving on the inside. Before he gets too far he will look over his shoulder at his horse "Dusty, Stay." The horse will hold it's position until Wolf returns or issues another command.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons

NE-6SL ; NE-6SL
6/6 ; 6/6


NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver x2
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:26 am

JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 67
Init: 1d20 = 13
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 69
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 48
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 71


Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 40
[*]Armor of Ithan: RUE P. 202, 15m remaining, 100/100 MDC, 1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM P. 100, 15m remaining, blinds attackers within 10-ft radius, see spell description for other details.

Skills
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 90 - decent shots
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 63 - sellable shots
Surveillance -- 54% / 1d100 = 10 - activate cameras
Computer Operation 70% / 1d100 = 32 - link cameras


Post -
Temple Group

Seymour sits quietly as the others play cards. ”I cant believe i ran out of gas. In my defense, i thought it was a quick trip, not a quest. I will make sure this DOESN’T happen again.” Seymour pulls out his notepad and makes a note. With a satified nod he returns his notepad to its pocket and double checks his cameras. ”Heckle and Jeckle look good to go. Dads cam is a little dinged up but is still in good condition. May want to leave it here.” He looks around for a sapce to leave his analog camera for the trip. Finally locating a spot, Seymour secures the camera and returns to the others for final prep.

Seymour moves to a viewport/window to get a look as the other point. ’WTF?? I need to get this on film.” He hits some keys on his drone gauntlet and one of his new toys moves to the window and records the descent. ”The higher ups want proof of this evil shit happening?? This is that proof.” He looks at the others. ”People want proof, Heckle will get it.” He hits some more keys and the other camera drone moves to another window for a second viewpoint of the descent.

Seymour gives Vheld a dirty at the crack “cant summon gas”. ”Point taken.” He returns to his preparations. He does say ”Thanks” when Vheld does his magic. Seymour checks his weapons and stands ready.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:07 am

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 12

JIC: 1d20 = 16
1d100 = 16

Lexington Ruins Group

Saul lands with the group, furling his wings back into their compact position.

"I've finished my recon. There are two beings, 200 to 300' roughly north of here... I don't know what they are. They appear at first to be walking on their hands, with their heads near the gorund and feet in the air. except... their hands are feet, and vice versa. They didn't appear to see me." Saul, almost reflexively, checks his pistols to see that their properly e-clipped and ready, and checks that his laser sword is charged and clipped in place to his harness as he talks, betraying his unease with what he has seen.

Wolf wrote:"That sounds wrong ten ways from Sunday. I would recommend avoiding them as they do not seem to have seen us yet. We don't want to get pulled into a fight before we have located our target. I would recommend those staying outside the Inn to keep a watchful eye on those things in case they become hostile. Are we agreed on Saul, Mierin, and myself checking the Inn? Rocky and John provide backup as you are the most conspicuous of the group?"


I agree, Wolf. It was quite disconcerting. As to the inn, I will be happy to assist in... 'checking it out' as you say."

Though I disagree with your estimation of me as less conspicuous, but I think it was intended as... well, if not exactly a compliment then as a harmless statement. How am I less conspicuous than Rocky?

Saul got a feeling of deja vu. During his time in the Dweomer militia, they had occasion once in a while to track down persons of interest, and an operation like that is not too different than what this group is doing at present. Once, while tracking down an alleged thief who'd somehow managed to evade detection and leave the city before the theft was discovered, they'd tracked him down to an old ghost-town - a ruin not unlike this one, though much smaller. That mission ended as well as one could hope for, with the target apprehended and no loss of life. Saul only hoped for a similar denouement to this mission.

"We should keep an open channel, so those outside the Inn can hear everything inside, and establish a code word - I suggest 'Break' - to indicate they should enter or otherwise engage." After a moment, he adds "I might also suggest Rocky take my place inside. Three humans is more commonplace, I should think, than two and an ape." It does no harm to offer.
"I can wait outside if necessary with John."
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 101/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:37 am

JiC: 1d100 = 38 / 1d20 = 7
Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 1[Crit]

Current Conditions: Armor of Ithan (Duration: 15 minutes | 100 MDC | 1/2 DMG from Magic Fire/Lightning/Cold) || Chromatic Protection (Duration: 15 minutes | Attackers within 10-ft radius become blinded)

[Supporting IC Rolls]
Detect Ambush [59%]: 1d100 = 65(Stopping any other Sneaky sneak approaches on him/allies)
Prowl [59%]: 1d100 = 10 (Sneaky Sneak Approach)
Intelligence [59%]: 1d100 = 56 (Absorbing the new environment/people as he goes and applying it -- also, What the hell did Vheld do to me?)

Temple Group

Will wrote:"Damn right you are. Have a seat Ronan. Time to teach you all about the ancient game of UNO."


Ronan will clasp his hands together with a grin as he removes his helm and takes a seat. He'll try to learn the game as he goes while bantering until the arrival. "Interesting game, so, the card with the four different colors, that is a draw four and a skip?" Ronan comments while staring at a couple of his cards before glancing back up with a cheeky grin and adding "Not that I have one or anything..." He'll keep playing and talking until they arrive.

Ray the WTF Robot wrote:"Gentlemen, ah' recon' ah' gotss' found da damn temple fo' which we gotss' been searchin' fo' some hours. If ya' look plum ova' dere, ah' recon' ya'll see some few faint points uh light projectin' fum de fo'est kinopy which give away its posishun. 'S coo', bro."


Ronan quizzically glances at the pilot's door from the back of the ARTV when he hears the droid speak in this peculiar accent and turns back to Will. "Okay, I think the droid with the speech problem is saying we're here. I heard Gentleman, Found. Damn. Temple. A few other garbled words about faint lights, so maybe campfires or torches. But damn..." He pauses, points at the drivers door then his own throat and adds "Maybe next time, someone who speaks droid relays the message."

Vheld wrote:"I suggest we approach on foot- and keep our energy spheres covered up, Will. Those inside shouldn't be able to sense either my magics or my minions even half a mile out, so we cover the distance covertly for now. Once we're most of the way there, I can layer a few enchantments on everyone. Ray, remain here and await a signal for extraction" ... "You're up Ronan."


Ronan will listen to Vheld as he lays out his train of through and nods his head in response. "Yeah, two questions, since I doubt we'll have time to Q&A in the Temple. Those lights out ahead of us, we want to avoid them and make for the Temple, correct? Also, when inside, should I be watching out for anything, person or thing, in specific to either protect, retrieve or eliminate?"

Once his two questions are answered in some mannerism, he will roll his shoulders back, don his helmet and double check his combat load, removing the safety from the Viper Machine Gun as he taps his helmet and the encrypted radio sparks to life. "Ready and taking point. If anyone sees something I don't, don't hesitate to redirect my path over the net." Ronan speaks on the Temple Team's encrypted radio channel and then will move out barring any further instructions.

When the group is a mile out, Ronan will hold his arm up to stop briefly and when Vheld is doing his magical augmenting, Ronan will look back at the mage who just gave him a pair magical protection spells. Damn, that guy is really useful. A few more like him on the Fleet, and there would be no more war... or a new kind of one, this stuff could freak people out. Ronan thinks, his eyes tracing the magical shimmer of protection he saw from AoI.

Once Vheld is done and everyone is ready to finish the last mile of the hike to the Temple, Ronan queues his encrypted mic as they restart the trek. "Barring trouble, less than 15 minutes to the exterior of the Temple at a healthy walk. Any thoughts on getting in?" Ronan will ask, not looking back during the movement towards the Temple towards his allies and instead focusing his attention on what's in front of him.

Demolitions [88%]: 1d100 = 69 (Structural weaknesses that explosives could take advantage of)
Climbing [69%]: 1d100 = 24 (Potential need to scale Temple and plausibility of doing so without being seen)

Ronan will maintain a positive watch on the 180* in front of him, to include his peripherals as available and will trust the group to watch other avenues. These folks didn't just haphazardly chose to be here, so I'll treat them like they know what their doing, until they show me otherwise. Ronan thinks to himself, briefly reminiscing of a time he had to scold a Warrant Officer for doing their job wrong when they've been around longer than he was; they had a couple beers afterwards.

Contingency: If Ronan happens upon a group of unknowns in the forest, he will hold his hand up in a fist, drop to a knee with the Viper leveled and queue his radio. "Stop. Down. Unknown persons ahead." His words are concise and echo that of a soldier.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:55 am

**Rolls Held Over**
Lexington Ruins Group

Saul wrote:
"We should keep an open channel, so those outside the Inn can hear everything inside, and establish a code word - I suggest 'Break' - to indicate they should enter or otherwise engage." After a moment, he adds "I might also suggest Rocky take my place inside. Three humans is more commonplace, I should think, than two and an ape." It does no harm to offer.
"I can wait outside if necessary with John."


Wolf calmly regards Saul's input. Wolf has lost the jovial and friendly attitude displayed in MercTown. He has replaced it with calm analytical direction at completing the mission. Wolf smiles at Saul and puts a hand on his shoulder. "Normally I would agree with you Saul. How ever there are a few reasons why you are a better choice then Rocky. First is your knowledge. I believe that will be invaluable in picking up on things the rest of can't. Your studies are perfectly aligned to what we are looking for. As for the other reason, Rocky is in flying Power Armor fully armed. If the PA even fit in the inn he would be at a disadvantage and he would put people on the defensive before a word was spoken. The heavy fire he can leverage would be better to cover us as we feld the inn rather then us catching frag inside the building." Wolf looks at the group letting his hand slide off Saul's shoulder. "I believe this is the best course of action. If there are other or better ideas I am open to them. Wolf will pause to listen. "So if no one has a better idea I believe time is against us. Let's get moving."
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons

NE-6SL ; NE-6SL
6/6 ; 6/6


NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver x2
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Minerva » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 22

Group: Meadows

On her bike, zipping through the fields, Minerva keys her radio. "Diamond to Phoenix and Felix, some guidance por favor? Is this the correct direction? Ace, what is our plan when we find this ritual? Do we know what we're up against? Covert or a show of force? Zed, you are magic. What do you know about these rituals? Volcano, any ideas?"
Minerva continues piloting the Black Talon through the grasses while waiting for her teammates communications.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby William Summers » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 96/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 84

Group: Temple

Conditions
[*]Armor of Ithan: RUE P. 202, 15m remaining, 100/100 MDC, 1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM P. 100, 15m remaining, blinds attackers within 10-ft radius, see spell description for other details.
[*]Energy Sphere: 606/800 PPE
[*]Quickaction: +10 to next non-strike roll.
[*]Quickstrike: +7 to next strike/attack roll
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM P. 109, 24m remaining, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P. 14, 12m remaining, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/ impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk Tightrope: 88%, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/ Impact from moving vehicle or explosion/concussive blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 12m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 12m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.


In the ATRV:
Ronan wrote:
Will wrote:"Damn right you are. Have a seat Ronan. Time to teach you all about the ancient game of UNO."


Ronan will clasp his hands together with a grin as he removes his helm and takes a seat. He'll try to learn the game as he goes while bantering until the arrival. "Interesting game, so, the card with the four different colors, that is a draw four and a skip?" Ronan comments while staring at a couple of his cards before glancing back up with a cheeky grin and adding "Not that I have one or anything..."

"Are you sure they don't have this game where you come from? You're way better than Sir Blackhoof and he didn't fall out of a hole in the sky." Will continues playing Uno with Ronan and getting his ass kicked until they arrive.

On the ground:
"Sounds good, Vheld. I'll stick with you." Will keeps close to Vheld's Cloak of Darkness to keep his Energy Sphere as under wraps as possible. Once they get close enough to the Temple for it to be useful, Will draws on the Energy Sphere to empower himself with the spells Quickaction (-4 PPE) and Quickstrike (-5 PPE). He will then empower the rest of the team with the spells Superhuman Speed (-5 PPE) first and then, Superhuman Agility (-8 PPE), Superhuman Strength (-5 PPE) and Fighting Spirit (-10 PPE). "We're going up against the minions of true evil. You'll need all the help you can get. These enchantments should give us the edge we need." (-194 Energy Sphere PPE total) Will counts on his keen eye and amulet of See The Invisible to let him know about any hidden dangers.


Code: Select all
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM P. 109, 24m remaining, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P. 14, 12m remaining, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/ impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk Tightrope: 88%, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/ Impact from moving vehicle or explosion/concussive blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 12m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 12m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Previous

Return to Spook Squad/Roughnecks/MARS Joint Adventure

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests