The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

The Spook Squad & the Roughnecks team up to tackle a dangerous, high stakes mission in the Federation of Magic.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:17 am

(Rolls carried over)

Lexington Ruins Group

Wolf wrote:"Normally I would agree with you Saul. How ever there are a few reasons why you are a better choice then Rocky. First is your knowledge. I believe that will be invaluable in picking up on things the rest of can't. Your studies are perfectly aligned to what we are looking for. As for the other reason, Rocky is in flying Power Armor fully armed. If the PA even fit in the inn he would be at a disadvantage and he would put people on the defensive before a word was spoken. The heavy fire he can leverage would be better to cover us as we feld the inn rather then us catching frag inside the building."


Saul nods. I'd assumed he would go in without the bulky power armor, but I suppose Wolf has the right of it. if a firefight were to break out, we'd be better off with it than without.

He nods. "I see the wisdom of your estimation."

Rocky wrote:"Saul we need to know if these in the inn are in with the these demon lovers. I wonder why the demon lovers let them live. If shit goes down in the Inn, you need to get back up here.”


Saul says, "They could be... walking magic batteries... so to speak. Let them go about their business unmolested, and then gather them up if extra Psychic energy is needed. I've... heard of it being done."

John wrote:"I'm just going to go over there and pretend to be gravel."


Saul can't help but chuckle. "I shall never let anyone call you a 'shiftless layabout'. Your pebble form shifts quite freely."
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 91/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 60 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 81

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible. [*]Superhuman Speed: BoM P. 109, 24m remaining, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P. 14, 12m remaining, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/ impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk Tightrope: 88%, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/ Impact from moving vehicle or explosion/concussive blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 12m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 12m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.

Group: Temple

Wak just laughs off his lack of Uno skills.

Wak trades out his rifle for his trusty NE-75H Shoulder Cannon, Who knows what kind of firepower we will need at this temple. As they land, Waks says, "Okay, if there are any innocents out there, try to keep casualties to a minimum, but remember this ritual could be a threat to our world. Do what have to do to stop it. VHeld, is that bot okay?"

Wak nods to Vheld's Instructions, “Sounds good and try to keep quiet while we are moving. Ronin we are following you, as far as I know we are looking for a journal and to stop a ritual. If you come up on someone try to kill them quietly. I can mute a few people if we need to. Thanks for the enchantments Will. All right let’s get moving. Radio comms from here on in.”. Wak activates his armor’s forcefield. He keeps his eyes peeled for any danger as they move forward.

Intelligence-- 1d100 = 82 / 72% (familiar sounds and useful intel)
Tracking-- 1d100 = 7 / 73% (see what is around, numbers and types)
Prowl-- 1d100 = 14 / 103%
Detect Ambush--1d100 = 42 / 78% (Obvious, as they are moving to and into the temple)
Detect Concealment--1d100 = 63 / 73% ( looking for traps)
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zed » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:20 pm

Perception: 24% | 1d100 = 84
JiC d20/d100:  1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 3

MEADOWS GROUP

Conditions:
Fly As The Eagle, Chameleon

Intentions:
Well versed in wizardry and ritual magic, Zed listens intently to the recap given by Lahz. He makes sure to do a few check-ins during the recap like, “mm-hmmms” and “Ahh I see's” as well as other body language cues to let the speaker know Zed is listening. He naturally looks the speaker in the eyes and does not stray from looking there except for moments where he looks around to keep watch on their position. Not one to be startled easily or lose focus by the occasional scurrying thing or loud sound like a vehicle door slamming shut, Zed the Timneh is a capable magician.

In response to Lahz, “Here is what I will offer, [Insert any information gleaned from Lore checks]”

To Minerva, he looks then pauses before he responds, was she the one speaking to my mind “[Insert any general information known about rituals that matters and is succinct]”

.....................

Zed then goes back to flying and watching from above.

Skills:

Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 27
To know if there are any general monsters or demons in particular used in rituals from this region.

Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 8
If there were any signs of particular demons and or monsters given the information told to him.

Lore: Magic & Geomancy-- 50% | 1d100 = 74
To have a general idea of the type of magic being used and if that information points in any direction

Lore: Magic & Geomancy-- 50% | 1d100 = 81
Going at the same question from a different direction, what would a Mage be trying to gain given the magic or items used (based on the information given from Lahz)

Lore: Magic & Geomancy-- 50% | 1d100 = 78
To know of which of the most likely places and possibly times to conduct these types of rituals

Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic-- 50% | 1d100 = 13
To know which creatures might have been used and where we can find them

Contingencies:
If no information comes to mind (aka he fails skill checks) Zed will say, "I do not yet know enough about our situation to comment... but I will."
P.P.E.: 177|142 +3d6/lvl
S.D.C.: 45|45
H.P.: 20|20 +1d6/lvl


Special Abilities
1. One with the body: -50% fatigue rate, hold breath for 3 minutes, +5% to balance
2. One with the mind: alert and able to stay focused even when all hell is breaking loose around him
3. One with Magic: comprehensive understanding of the principles of magic and is especially well versed in ritual magic and power spells
4. Pilot Automaton. [All, but prefers the Colossus]
5. May Draw P.P.E. from ley lines, nexus points, people, and ritual blood sacrifice the same as a Ley Line Walker
6. Link with the Lords of Magic: can draw upon the P.P.E. reserves of the three Lords of Magic to create magic weapons via the Enchant Weapons (minor) spell, at 50% P.P.E. cost to The Three; alerts The Three when a High Mage is killed
7. Automaton Creation & Bonding Rituals: knows the secrets of creating Automatons and the bonding ritual that gives the Controllers their unique union with the magical constructs


Zed aka Daelur Ezekiel Zenth
User avatar
Zed
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:11 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image


Meadow Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2030
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Location: Northeast of the Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Daphne (MARS; Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
----Tony the Tiger-Bot (Lahz's)--shadowing Lahz
Felix (MARS, flying solo)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Zed (Roughnecks; flying solo)

Minerva keys her radio. "Diamond to Phoenix and Felix, some guidance por favor? Is this the correct direction?--STATIC--what is our plan when we find this ritual? Do we know what we're--STATIC--against? Covert or a show of force? Zed, you are magic. What do you know--STATIC--these rituals? Volcano, any ideas?"

Jack yells to Minerva over her shoulder and over the rushing wind and the growing patter of rain, "When the time comes, you tell me who to hit with fire. The fire--CRACK!--get huge so don’t get anywhere close. If you want me to get of--CRACK!--bike, find a good spot, then just say ‘bail’."

Lahz keys up the radio in his PA as he stomps along in the wake of Minerva's hot rod street bike. "Zed is it? You've been sing-songing along up there for hours, come down." A flash of sudden light causes his PA's visor to temporarily polarize, momentarily blinding him to the terrain outside. The polarization begins to subside nearly as quickly as it occurred. As the visor once again becomes transparent he hears and feels the crash of thunder as it reverberates through his huge, armored suit. He brings his suit to a halt as he sees the bird-man descend.

Zed, his boots quickly sinking into the mud, yells to Lahz over the thunder and rain, “Here is what I will offer: I have too little information to even guess--CRACK!--what kind of ritual is being conducted, or if any particular monsters or demons--CRACK!--used in rituals from this region. But the type of magic is likely necromantic--CRACK!--nature, though that's not at all for certain as this land is rife with--CRACK!--and dark magics. Most rituals relying on certain alignments happen at specific times, like--CRACK!--but most necromantic rituals are based on sacrifices, not alignments, so that's far from--CRACK!--" Zed then hurls himself aloft and flies in the direction of where he can see Daphne's fighter-robot thing hovering in the night sky, occasionally silhouetted by flashes of lightning.

Daphne puts her fighter into a stationary hover two thousand feet above the ATV and keys her radio. "So, I think I found their little gathering spot. It's near that ATV I--STATIC--parked by a meadow. I'm counting around thirty or more individuals pouring out of--STATIC--woods and ruins nearby. And before anyone asks, no I don't have info on--STATIC--they're geared, yet. I'll park here and see what I can see, not like--STATIC--have an easy alternative to a ritual site right."

"Señores and Señoras, I sees the same theengs Daf-a-nee sees," says the flying tiger over comms.

Lahz, at great length, replies, "Sounds like this is our group. Tony, scan all frequencies and see if you--STATIC--locate anything they are operating on. If so, let us know and be prepared--STATIC--monitor on it, no jamming. Also give the area a thermal scan and look--STATIC--other vehicles. Phoenix and Zed, you guys get into the sky and try to--STATIC--when they all seem to be forming up like they have everyone here. We--STATIC--want to go too early in case some high muckety-muck with a key--STATIC--escapes because he was running late to get here. It's only ten o'clock, and--STATIC--of these ritual-things are midnight events, but Nxla may be bad at telling--STATIC--Tony, once we engage, I want you to get in there and try to--STATIC--a tracker on the parked ATV, then get an angle and use the missile--STATIC--to put two volleys of fragmentation mini-missiles into wherever these guys are most--STATIC--packed. Then get back to me and cover using the silver vibro-sword if--STATIC--enemy is appropriate. If you locate other vehicles, those should be targets of opportunity--STATIC--wheels because disabling those will prevent these guys from regrouping for a new hand--STATIC--ceremony on another day, but if an ATV with a tracker manages to get--STATIC--well that could be useful to lead us back to them in the future."

In her much more Laconic style, Daphne replies, "So no pot shots, gotcha. I'll let you know when they do something interesting."

Lahz once again drones over the radio, "Zed, you have any you would like to make known? Or Suggestions? Rituals and--STATIC--magic are supposed to be your thing, right? Diamond? Volcano? Be careful it seems--STATIC--may be early. Volcano, you tell me where you want it and early on--STATIC--will put a volley of plasma missiles where you'd like as a fire source--STATIC--there, you can do a fire tornado thing or whatever seems most horrific without--STATIC--roasting the rest of us. I think Tony and I are best suited as--STATIC--Diamond targets the heavy hitters and we will put fire support all around her."

Daphne's optics suite is only of marginally better use than her mark one eyeballs in the increasingly intense thunderstorm. She can make-out that there's something on the back of that ATV, but it's unclear just what it is. Likewise, she finds it nearly impossible to discern any details about the mob of individuals down there other than some are clumped together in large groups, and the rest are widely dispersed.

Lahz finds he's only about two miles behind when he catches sight of Minerva's motorcycle cresting a hill during a lightning flash. Her bike has apparently slowed down quite a bit in the increasingly deep mud. He catches up to Minerva & Jack on her bike. Felix is hovering close to the treeline not far off, irritated that much of his optics are fouled by the rather frequent lightning and heavy rain. Daphne is far, far overhead, hovering in her fighter, and Zed can't be seen by the others at the moment from their vantage, but they all know he's flying up there somewhere.

There's a short clearing for about two hundred feet ahead, followed by what looks to be a pair rock walls perhaps six to eight feet tall which run east to west. There's a dirt and stone road, now mostly mud, running between the walls. Just beyond the walls a huge fire suddenly springs to life which somewhat illuminates the night. From their low altitude vantages, Felix and Zed see things with greater detail. A circle of fire with lines running through it has been set ablaze. Between some of the lines are huddled, terrified groups of people. Illuminated by the firelight, stand a handful of ghastly-looking figures, though details are hard to discern from their distance. From her own lofty vantage, Daphne sees the circle shape very clearly, and sees more clearly the number of figures of those standing outside the circle of fire. She counts three in close proximity around the fire, plus one on the back of the ATV. It looks like they're wasting no time waiting to get this ritual is underway regardless of the bad weather!

GM NOTES:
  • You're somewhat Northeast of the Lexington Ruins.
  • Daphne, Felix, and Zed can choose to arrive on the map from any direction--state from which direction you wish to approach in your next posts.
  • Lahz/Tony & Minerva/Jack arrive along the southern edge--state where (along an east/west axis) you wish to arrive along that edge.
  • You have a default 2% chance to be struck by lightning, 5% if in heavy armor/PA/RCV/vehicle, 10% if flying.




Lexington Ruins Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2010
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Location: Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)

The rain starts to come down in earnest, and lightning begins to crash repeatedly as Saul rejoins the group, furling his wings back into their compact position. "I've finished my recon. There are two beings, two to three hundred feet roughly--CRACK!--of here. I don't know what they are. They appear at first to be--CRACK!--on their hands, with their heads near the ground and feet in the air--CRACK!--their hands are feet, and vice versa. They didn't appear to see me."

Wolf has no idea what in the hell those things could be. He's heard of nothing even remotely like what was described. "That sounds wrong ten ways from Sunday. I would recommend avoiding them as they--CRACK!--not seem to have seen us yet. We don't want to get pulled into--CRACK!--fight before we have located our target. I would recommend those staying outside the--CRACK!--to keep a watchful eye on those things in case they become hostile. Are--CRACK!--agreed on Saul, Mierin, and myself checking the Inn? Rocky and John provide backup--CRACK!--you are the most conspicuous of the group?"

Saul adds, "I agree, Wolf. It was quite disconcerting. As to the inn, I will be--CRACK!--to assist in 'checking it out' as you say. We should keep an open--CRACK!--so those outside the Inn can hear everything inside, and establish a code word--CRACK!--suggest 'Break' - to indicate they should enter or otherwise engage. I might also suggest--CRACK!--take my place inside. Three humans is more commonplace, I should think, than two--CRACK!--an ape. I can wait outside if necessary with John."

Wolf responds, "Normally I would agree with you, Saul. However there are a few reasons why--CRACK!--are a better choice than Rocky. First, is your knowledge; I believe that will--CRACK!--invaluable in picking up on things the rest of us can't. Your studies are--CRACK!--aligned to what we are looking for. As for the other reason, Rocky is --CRACK!--flying power armor. If the PA even fits in the inn, he would be at--CRACK!--disadvantage, and he would put people on the defensive before a word was spoken--CRACK!--heavy fire he can leverage would be better to cover us as we field--CRACK!--inn, rather then us catching frag inside the building. I believe this is the--CRACK!--course of action. If there are other or better ideas I am open to them--CRACK!--if no one has a better idea I believe time is against us. Let's get moving."

Saul nods. "I see the wisdom of your estimation."

John nods at Wolf, "Good point. Rocky's more useful ready to rumble in his armor. I should be--CRACK!--inconspicuous, though. I'm just going to go over there and pretend to be gravel." He points at the side of the inn.

Saul chuckles. "I shall never let anyone call you a 'shiftless layabout'. Your pebble form shifts--CRACK!--freely."

Rocky volunteers his own thoughts, "We go with Wolf's plan. John and I should be able to start to--CRACK!--care of two of these. T-42, stay in the hover and get ready to--CRACK!--when we need you to go. Get your weapons ready. Saul, we need to--CRACK!--if those in the inn are in with the these demon lovers. I wonder--CRACK!--the demon lovers let them live. If shit goes down in the inn, you--CRACK!--to get back up here. John I need you to hide and set up--CRACK!--trap for these guys. They might be able to sense us." He senses no disembodied spirits nearby, and spies nothing otherwise invisible.

Saul says, "They could be walking magic batteries, so to speak. Let them go about their--CRACK!--unmolested, and then gather them up if extra psychic energy is needed. I've heard--CRACK!--it being done."

As Rocky sides with Wolf, Mierin says flatly "Let's go then." Mierin waits, straddling her hovercycle until the others are waiting to go and follows the others as they head toward the inn. It's then that she sees the wet metallic head of an NG-brand robot behind the wheel of Rocky's hover jeep: T-42. The rain begins to come down in heavy sheets, and with it, lightning. The thunder rolls and booms across the ruins and enshrouding trees.

Rocky approaches the front of the inn, but stops shy of entering, staying outside to maintain watch. Wolf, Mierin, and a reluctant Saul approach the front of the inn. The doors are open. They walk inside. Nobody's home. There are a couple of mugs of room temperature ale resting on the bar. The door behind the bar which leads back into the premises is open. A faint odor of something savory hangs in the air and seems to emanate from the room behind the bar. The fireplaces each have a single log burning merrily in them. The logs are mostly consumed and will likely die to embers within an hour. The only sound to be heard is the pouring rain, thunder, and lightning outside, and the steady drip of water on the wood floor as the three people drip all over it.

MAP (open in new tab)

GM NOTE:
  • You're in the heart of the Lexington Ruins.
  • You have a default 2% chance to be struck by lightning, 5% if in heavy armor/PA/RCV/vehicle, 10% if flying (all if outside).




Temple Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2200
Environmental Effects: 85°, oppressively humid; night time/dark
Ley Line: 5 miles long, 500' thick, East-West axis, centered on Temple Mound
Location: in the wilderness South of Stormspire & East-Northeast of Dunscon; perhaps an hour from the region/forest known as Soulharvest

Order of Battle
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Brokswa (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Bel'Dar (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)

Approximately a mile south of the huge rock jutting out from the canopy, Ray sets the ATRV down. There are no clearings anywhere in the area to be located, so he does his best and only causes the ATRV to bend and explosively snap two or three trees as he brings the big hover vehicle down to the forest floor.

Wakiza implores, "Okay, if there are any innocents out there, try to keep casualties to a minimum, but remember this ritual could be a threat to our world. Do what have to do to stop it. Vheld, is that bot okay?"

Vheld lands nearby after the explosion of wooden shrapnel has subsided and the trees have fallen. Vheld sequesters his minions, then meets with the others. "I suggest we approach on foot and keep our energy spheres covered up, Will. Those inside shouldn't be able to sense either my magics or my minions even half a mile out, so we cover the distance covertly for now. Once we're most of the way there, I can layer a few enchantments on everyone. Ray, remain here and await a signal for extraction."

Will affirms, "Sounds good, Vheld. I'll stick with you."

Wakiza adds, "Sounds good and try to keep quiet while we are moving. Ronan, we are following you, as far as I know we are looking for a journal and to stop a ritual. If you come up on someone, try to kill them quietly. I can mute a few people if we need to. Thanks for the enchantments Will. All right, let’s get moving. Radio comms from here on in."

Ronan pipes up, "Yeah, two questions, since I doubt we'll have time to Q&A in the Temple. Those lights out ahead of us, we want to avoid them and make for the temple, correct? Also, when inside, should I be watching out for anything, person or thing, in specific to either protect, retrieve or eliminate?"

When they are half way to the temple, Vheld instructs his minions to remain between the ATRV and the temple. Will draws on his energy sphere to cast empowering spells on himself, then similarly empowers the rest of the team. "We're going up against the minions of true evil. You'll need all the help you can get. These incantations should give us the edge we need." Seymour checks his weapons and stands nervously ready. Still, he can feel that there's something immensely different about himself and his capabilities right now. He feels...SUPER. Vheld then casts a couple of protective spells upon each of the five members of the group in addition the layers of incantations empowering them.

With Will's empowering spells, the group is able to close to within two hundred feet of the temple in a the space of a minute. From here, however, such alacrity will be highly likely to draw unwanted attention. Looking from their vantage in the treeline across from the temple entrance they note a trio of Xombies near the bottom of a high, one hundred foot wide (at the top) dais of stairs which lead to a vestibule in which rests a black obelisk. The top of the obelisk glows with a pale green light and writhing electric-like arcs of pale green radiate to either side of it toward unseen points in the vestibule. A quick lap around the temple leaves no doubt that this is the only way in or out of the temple.

GM NOTES:
  • You're in the very heart of Soulharvest.
  • There's apparently only one way in or out of the temple.
  • State where (along an east/west axis) you wish to arrive along the southern edge of the map.


What are your intentions?

GM NOTES:
  • BE MINDFUL OF WHICH GROUP YOU'RE IN! (Don't make my mistake) Expand the Order of Battle tag to verify with whom you're traveling before posting.
  • Reminder: Skill checks are ignored which don't also have explanation as to what they're being used to achieve.


Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -9 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots,
NE-ATRV:
Ray the Robot:
William Summers: -194 P.P.E., -58 MD;
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Quickaction: +10 to next non-strike roll.
  • Quickstrike: +7 to next strike/attack roll
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; -38 M.D.C. from FF
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Vheld: (Sustain active) -96 P.P.E.; -1 charge/invincible armor talisman; cloak of darkness; -16 S.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Silhouette:
Sshir:
Slithn:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
Rocky:
Saul: -6 P.P.E.; Wings: 30 minutes of Fly as the Eagle remaining
Felix:
Ernstweavel:
Cargonaut:
Seymour:
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Ronan:
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Wolf Whitaker:
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Minerva: -30 M.D.C. to crystal armor
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Marauder PA: LPC: 240 shots/-0 shots;
Lahz: (Sustain active), -10 I.S.P.
Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter:
Daphne:
John Altfeld:
Brokswa: -1 charge/invincible armor talisman
Bel'Dar: -1 charge/invincible armor talisman
Tony the Tiger-Bot: -11 M.D. to Cyborg Armor
Zed: -56 P.P.E.; Fly as the Eagle reactivated at 2030
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:04 am

Perception: 1d100 = 40 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 95


Lexington Ruins Group

Wolf smiles to himself as he walks with Saul and Mierin into the Inn. Rain and lightning, fitting. Why would it not rain? We are trying to stop a possibly world ending ritual to keep something from coming to our world and consuming everything, of course it's raining...Why are you complaining about the rain now? You never have before...Not complaining, just acknowledging how ironic it is. I love the rain. Love trying to get the dramatic timing of entering a place at the same time thunder hits. Hey weren't there people in here?...Careful. I don't like this...neither do I...Trap...possibly.

Wolf shakes the water from his coat as the three of them stand in the Inn. Wolf looks around for a moment before he gives voice to his thoughts. "Hey weren't there people in here? I could have sworn I saw figures moving around as we were approaching. Saul, getting any bad vibes? Well other then this being kind of horror movie creepy." Wolf will move to the bar and call out to any of the staff in the back, "Excuse me! Anyone back there?"

If someone responds: Wolf will engage in conversation. "Good evening. Storm is really getting intense outside. What do you have for a few travelers for the night?" Wolf will keep the conversation casual and will guide it to the goings on lately and attempt to glean where any people have been congregation outside normal places. To see if there has been an increase in the undead and anything to point them in the direction of a possible ritual in the Lexington Ruins.
Interrogation-- 1d100 = 65 / 60% (Use of elicitation to gain information through casual conversation without the target realizing information is being sought. For the above conversational goals.)

If no one responds: Wolf will gently motion for the others to follow as he moves into the next room to look around. He will be looking for any evidence of a basement or where the people they had previously seen could have gone. Should they locate anything resembling a basement Wolf will turn to the others, "We should get the others. Not sure if Rocky's PA will fit in there but we will see what he says. I'm sure he brought other gear with him."
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:51 am

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 41

JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 14

Lexington Ruins Group

Saul is relieved to be groundside once more, with the lightning beginning in earnest, but as the group talks and the lightning intensifies, he adds, "It may not be safe for anyone to stay outside at this point."

Once inside the Inn, he sees the fires burning down, and no one present. The entire Inn gives the vibe of people hiding, to the simian sorceror, much as if they were prepared to jump out and yell 'surprise'. No chairs overturned, no blood or dropped items on the floor, give the room an eerily calm atmosphere. "I'd hazard a guess that the occupants left... peacefully it appears... no more than an hour ago. Possibly less. There doesn't appear to be signs of a struggle." I certainly didn't see anyone leaving when I did my reconnaissance... So they're either still here or... they never were.

Wolf wrote:"Saul, getting any bad vibes? Well other then this being kind of horror movie creepy."


"A moment, if you will." Saul attempts to use his attunement to magic to suss out if there's anything supernatural occurring here.

Sense Supernatural Evil 65% 1d100 = 78 (Range 360', sense supernatural evil, possession by a supernatural force, and recognize magic enchantment - FAIL)

He shakes his head. "I'm not detecting anything out of the ordinary... beyond the, as you say, 'horror movie creepy'."
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 91/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:51 am

Perception: 1d100 = 52 / 70%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 87

Lexington Ruins Group

CONDITIONS: John is Pebbles and Maximum Size, though spread out on the ground (1 action to reform), his Radar is FOULED from the rain.

Keeping his, uh, back against the inn wall, John starts inching parts of his mass over towards the door, then realizes no one can hear his rocks grinding over the storm, and moves more quickly, shifting his 'head' into that section, trying to hear what's going on inside.

He keeps an eye on the dark, not that he can see past the lights of the inn. He focuses on his radar senses and...

Oh... oh crap. I can't see. I can't see! ... Also I am wet. This sucks.

Detect Ambush (to see if anyone is sneaking up on them): 1d100 = 86 / 51%
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:32 am

JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 68
PER: 1d100 = 59 vs. 76%
Conditions
[*]Cloak of Darkness- R:UE P. 200, 66remaining, self+5ft. radius, opponents striking from a distance are -3 to strike (-1 if using thermal-optics or similar)
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM P. 100, 15m remaining, blinds attackers within 10-ft radius, see spell description for other details.
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM P. 109, 24m remaining, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P. 14, 12m remaining, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/ impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk Tightrope: 88%, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/ Impact from moving vehicle or explosion/concussive blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 12m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 12m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
[*]Dimension Sense: 90% skill, Vheld will detect any dimension-based magic (including teleports, opening of portals, etc.) that occurs, 10m remaining. If dimension magic is detected, Vheld can attempt to alter the course of the spell; see R:UE P. 121-122 for details.
[*]Ley line proximity: Range and duration of spells increased by 50%--> Becomes double range/duration/damage once on the ley line, plus Vheld can draw 10PPE/melee.


Lore: Magic- 1d100 = 68 vs. 94%
To identify the obelisk, specifically any properties it may have that might complicate the mission
Prowl- 1d100 = 14 vs. 104-5 = 99%
To remain undetected
Dimension sense- 1d100 = 60 vs. 90%
To determine if the obelisk has any active effects that will interfere with Vheld’s mystic portal spell.

Temple Group

Ronan wrote:"Yeah, two questions, since I doubt we'll have time to Q&A in the Temple. Those lights out ahead of us, we want to avoid them and make for the Temple, correct? Also, when inside, should I be watching out for anything, person or thing, in specific to either protect, retrieve or eliminate?"
Vheld shifts quietly in his seat- the introverted shifter is uncomfortable being at the center of conversation, and apparently settling into a de facto leadership role despite his lack of interest in same. I suppose there's no help for it. Aloud, he replies "We're looking for books, papers, journals- anything that could contain information. Not just for our new mage friend; anything new we could learn about Nxla may prove important. Beyond that, kill anything that doesn't surrender immediately. Maybe everything, period, just to be on the safe side."

Wakiza wrote:"VHeld, is that bot okay?"
Vheld shrugs helplessly. I sure hope so. As they travel, Vheld nods his thanks to Will for the magus' own enchantments, but doesn't vocalize- the shifter is no slouch in the stealth department, but Vheld normally takes the role of flying artillery. He is too nervous (or at least, keyed-up) to risk giving away their position by talking unnecessarily. Not that he's a big fan of that to begin with.

Vheld keeps pace with the others reasonably well (for a guy who spends all his time riding around on minion-back), and hunkers down when Ronan or one of the others calls a halt, studying the temple, the obelisk, and the surrounding environs for anything that might complicate their approach of the mission at large (in particular, the obelisk, noting any similarities with magic pyramids or other potential properties that might cause difficulties). If none of Vheld’s more combat-oriented companions has any ideas forthcoming, the shifter takes in the relatively open approach to the temple and decides it’s time to get more serious about dipping into his magical reserves. As a plan begins to take form in Vheld’s mind, he spends several seconds concentrating on his dimension sense, in particular to see if the obelisk has any potential to interfere with his mystic portal spell.

Waving the others in close (ideally, with everyone poking their heads/upper bodies inside of Vheld’s cloak of darkness), Vheld murmurs in a low voice ((assuming he hasn’t determined that the obelisk will majorly screw up the teleport)). ”I can open a portal that will take us into that vestibule. We should be ready for anything- that vestibule could be occupied. If anyone has any explosives they can rig up to that obelisk, worst-case I bet that’ll serve as a great distraction later.”

Barring any objections or counter-indications, Vheld will then quietly cast the spell for mystic portal ((-60 PPE)) and place it on the nearest appropriate surface- ideally, on the ground out of sight of the Xombie sentries. He will place the portal’s terminus just inside the vestibule ((1000ft. range not including possible ley line effects))- as close to the temple entrance as he can while still being comfortably out of the Xombies’ lines of sight. As the portal materializes, Vheld will peer through it to see what waits on the other side- any hostiles (or anything he can glean from a closer inspection of the obelisk). If there are hostiles immediately inside, Vheld will react accordingly, but assuming the coast is clear he will follow Ronan in. Once they are on the other side (and the coast appears clear for now), Vheld will take a moment to replenish some PPE from the ley line ((+10 PPE)).

Contingencies: The obelisk will screw with the mystic portal, and Vheld is unable to compensate using his dimension sense.
In this case, Vheld will instead direct it to appear behind and above the Xombies so that the team can bushwack them. If that is still too close to the obelisk, he will sigh in frustration and place the portal as close as possible, ideally to still set up an ambush on the sentries, and warn the others about what the obelisk is doing.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 247/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's invincible armor talisman.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:29 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 43
JIC d20: 1d20 = 12
JIC d100: 1d100 = 94

Lexington Group

Conditions: See Invisible

Rocky see the lightning and hears the thunder he revises his decision, over the radio Rocky speaks, “John this storm is bad. I’m thinking we should move everyone in. T-42 secure the jeep and head into the in for cover. If they won’t let you in seek cover under the eves and stay low.”

Rocky prepares for the lightning,
OOC Comments
Resistance. The psychic can manipulate his body so to become resistant to electricity. Up to 60,000 volts will inflict no damage or ill effect. Currents greater than 60,000 volts, including lightning and magic electricity, do half damage. 4 ISP


He moves his PA, to some protected area if any, near the wall of the inn and kneels so the back is against the wall. He climbs out and then locks it up and put his force field on. He grabs his sword and crystal Assault rifle.
Crystal Armor 30 MDC + Force Field 70 MDC

Rocky then heads into the inn.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:29 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 78
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 23

Meadow Group
Conditions: +15% to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge; Psychic Body Field: 70 M.D.C.

Jack worries about the storm, he speaks to Minerva over the radio, “Minerva, this storm is getting bad we need to get to this place and get ready for a mud fight. Copy getting ready for the rain of fire.”

Jack puts up his force field
OOC Comments
Psychic Body Field (Self; 30 I.S.P.) 70 MDC


Jack concentrates his power to be more aware of his surroundings.
OOC Comments
Enhanced Perception (10 I.S.P.) Rifter 25
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:55 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 40 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: 1d100 = 45

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Happy and Hopeful], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [160/160]

ISP: 211/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 55




MEADOWS MARAUDERS ...

Felix wrote:"Señores y Señoras, I has eh... how you say... armadura sigilosa eh... stealthy armors... it makes sensores not sees me... what you think? I put on and looks up close? Zed, you has spell to make me like camaleón, si?" he says into the encrypted frequency.


"Whatever floats your boat, if you wanna change, go for it ..."

Daphne wrote:"So no pot shots, gotcha. I'll let you know when they do something interesting."


Assuming Zed responds in the affirmative (re Anti-Magic-Cloud), Lahz unholsters his cannon so he can approach from the West side (of the Southern border), "No opening shots. When Hell breaks loose, you feel free to reign down pots, pans, kitchen sinks, angry insults, whatever Tony? Plant a tracker on the big ATV without being seen ... Zed?? Can you put up a Magic-Interrupting Cloud? Vheld uses those pretty often. Diamond and I don't use much magic and psychic stuff shouldn't be interrupted."

Lahz will approach the E/W walls framing the roadway and zoom in as he looks for away across the walls to the North (at least the 1st one) without drawing attention, since they are only 6-8 ft tall and only offer partial cover against someone 11ft tall.




TONY

Multi-Optics Eyes: Telescopic Vision (6,000'), Nightvision 2000', Thermo Imaging 2000', Amplified Hearing: Can hear sounds as quiet as 10 decibels as far away as 500ft away, programmed to recognize 60,000 different mechanical sounds, Wide Band Radio Receiver & Transmitter & Radio System Scrambler (Sourcebook 1, Pg 28): Range: 300 miles; can send receive encoded/encrypted.

Tony drops low to travel in a near-crouched position as directed. He will plant the radio tracker in an unobtrusive location on the ATV and then retreat to the closest cover. When battle breaks out Tony will be prepared to begin firing the CTT-M20 Missile Rifle [4-Mini-Missile Volleys (Plasma)].

Intelligence 90%: 1d100 = 39 -- Approach ATV, plant Radio Tracker
Prowl 50%: 1d100 = 4 -- move unseen while approaching and leaving ATV to plant Radio Tracker in mid-storm
Camouflage 90%: 1d100 = 49 -- remain unseen as needed
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:49 am

JiC: 1d100 = 99 / 1d20 = 13
Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 92

Prowl [59%]: 1d100 = 34 (Sneaky sneaky, no tree branch giving me away.)
Detect Ambush [59%]: 1d100 = 57 (Watch for choke points, ambush spots and if anyone else is trying to use them on them.)
Recognize Weapon Quality [44%]: 1d100 = 28 (Studies enemy weapons)

Temple Group

Vheld wrote:"We're looking for books, papers, journals- anything that could contain information. Not just for our new mage friend; anything new we could learn about Nxla may prove important. Beyond that, kill anything that doesn't surrender immediately. Maybe everything, period, just to be on the safe side."


Ronan offers a visible acknowledgement and due to proximity to the temple, doesn't speak at first, casing the place with his allies. When he spots the Xombies, he'll hold his hand up in a fist then point to them before regrouping with the others. He'll poke his head into the cloak of darkness curiously.

Vheld wrote:”I can open a portal that will take us into that vestibule. We should be ready for anything- that vestibule could be occupied. If anyone has any explosives they can rig up to that obelisk, worst-case I bet that’ll serve as a great distraction later.”


Ronan lets his Viper rest on the sling as he unclips the Lightblade from his belt before responding quietly to the group. "With this, there shouldn't be a repeat of last time with those damn things. I'm confident we can eliminate the zombies, though if they are merely pawns, would their masters be aware of their termination? Might be best to avoid them at first, get inside. If they know what we want, they could try trashing it." He pauses and adds. "I've a great deal of experience with explosives, but all of my charges and equipment got trashed with the pod. I can handle that, if we happen to have any." Ronan offers. Ronan also takes a moment to extend his senses and see if he can sense any water source (not rain) that is nearby he might be able to use to his advantage.

Regardless, he won't counter the idea of dropping onto the Vestibule and will have the Lightblade ready in his left hand, snug to the under barrel of the Viper, holding the Viper steady with his right and ready to drop it to its sling for melee combat. He will go first through the portal unless told to hang back by Wak or Vheld.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Felix » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:22 am

Perception:1d100 = 68/43%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 74
JIC (20): 1d20 = 15

Felix will approach from the North!

Prowl (stay hidden while hovering) : 1d100 = 27 /72%

Meadows Group




Lahz wrote:"Whatever floats your boat, if you wanna change, go for it ..."

"No opening shots. When Hell breaks loose, you feel free to reign down pots, pans, kitchen sinks, angry insults, whatever Tony? Plant a tracker on the big ATV without being seen ... Zed?? Can you put up a Magic-Interrupting Cloud? Vheld uses those pretty often. Diamond and I don't use much magic and psychic stuff shouldn't be interrupted."[/color]


"Ehh, escuse me... it sound like we about to attack, no needs to change to sneaky armor if we attackings."

A bit unsure what to do given the dynamic situation, Felix prepares for the moment when "Hell breaks loose", ensuring his NG-SL20 and grenades are ready for action.

In anticipation of the coming conflict, he also draws upon the energy of the ley line to get I.S.P. (per RUE page 366) --> 1d6+1 = 2 and uses that along with his own I.S.P. to activate his psionic force field (120 M.D.C., lasts 6 min per level with ley line duration bonus).
Psionic Force Field
By spending 10 I.S.P., the Flying Tiger can generate a force field that protects with 90 M.D.C. plus 10 M.D.C. per level of experience! Furthermore, while this force field is on, the flying tiger's hand to hand attacks inflict M.D.C. damage! Use normal, S.D.C. damage and P.S. bonuses, but now they inflict M.D.C. The field lasts four minutes per level of experience.


"Señor Reyes ready for pots and pans!" he reports, grinning wide and glad to be back into the action again.

Ha pasado demasiado tiempo... he thinks.

Translation
It has been too long...
Last edited by Felix on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 123/131

Conditions, Weapons/Armor, Always On, Saving Throw Info
Current Conditions: Psionic Force Field: 120 M.D.C., 18 minutes remaining, hand to hand attacks inflict M.D.C. damage including P.S. bonus!

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Superior Vision: Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Daphne » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 1/32% Critical Success!
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17; 1d100 = 97
Conditions: None.
Group: 2,000' above the Meadows.

Note for GM: Daphne will come in on the map from the east I guess.

Skills:
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 1d100 = 17/87% Pass (To keep the fighter steady.)
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 35/62% Pass (To keep an eye on things.)
Radio: Basic 1d100 = 27/62% Pass (To keep in contact.)


Daphne listens to Lhaz and the others talk before replying. "Roger that. Daphne says before turning her attention elsewhere. "No big deal, just flying in a thunderstorm, while cultists prepare to summon a monster into the world." Daphne says to her self as her hands move over the controls adjusting her settings and trying hard to keep the robot in the air. So maybe they want to wait for the last second, like in the vids? Daphne thinks. I always found that stupid though, just hammer the bastards as soon as you can and then they can't possibly summon a monster. Daphne continues to think.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:22 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 67
Init: 1d20 = 19
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 23
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 96
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 92


Conditions:
OOC Comments
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 24
[*]Armor of Ithan: RUE P. 202, 15m remaining, 100/100 MDC, 1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM P. 100, 15m remaining, blinds attackers within 10-ft radius, see spell description for other details.
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM p. 109, 24m remaining, speed: 44, +2 parry, +6 dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P.14, 12m remaining, +1 init, +1 parry, +5 roll w/impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk tightrope 88%, +20% climb, Auto roll from moving vehicle or explosion/concussion blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 12m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 12m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.


Skills
OOC Comments
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 94 - decent shots
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 94 - sellable shots
Surveillance -- 54% / 1d100 = 81 - activate cameras
Computer Operation 70% / 1d100 = 98 - link cameras
Computer Operation 70% / 1d100 = 73 - use any computer i see
Computer Hacking 47% / 1d100 = 97 - hack in if needed
Intelligence 40% / 1d100 = 8 - look for journals, paperwork… anything that will help learn their plans
Language: American -- 100% / 1d100 = 40 - eavesdrop
Language: Spanish --79% / 1d100 = 9 - listen in to convo
Language: Euro -- 79% / 1d100 = 27 - listen
Literacy: American -- 70% / 1d100 = 100 - read anything found
Lore: Magic
--General Knowledge: 50% / 1d100 = 64 - id higher up
--Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 40% / 1d100 = 55 - know when to risk it or not
--Recognize Enchantment: 32% / 1d100 = 94 - pretend to be under spell
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 52% / 1d100 = 25 - id targets
Radio: Basic -- 67% / 1d100 = 6 - use radio
Research -- 72% / 1d100 = 53 - takes good audio and visual notes and pics for future research
Streetwise -- 52% / 1d100 = 49 - stay “invisible” as in no one sees the homeless
Surveillance -- 54% / 1d100 = 42 - tail higher up
Prowl 76% / 1d100 = 93 - stay quiet


Post -
Temple Group

Seymour keeps his nose and eyes on the lookout for anything that may get close. "As soon as we are in i can look for the journals." He gives a small sigh of nervousness. "Now i am in it. I opened my mouth. Now i need to "man" up." With a little bit of swagger, he says "We got this."
Last edited by Seymour Ruiz on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 45

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 54 (88%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 7 (59%) watching for signs of a possible attack
trap/mine detection 1d100 = 6 (88%) looking for sign of any booby traps in Inn


Lexington Ruins Group

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

It's then that she sees the wet metallic head of an NG-brand robot behind the wheel of Rocky's hover jeep: T-42.


Mierin has a lightbulb moment when she spots the metallic head of the NG-brand robot. Aaaaaah, that's what T-42 is. Good to know. When it starts to pour, Mierin's lip curls in disgust. Figures. Sighing, she follows the others to the Inn. While Mierin is glad to get out of the rain, she's surprised to see that there is no one in the Inn. Even though Saul tells them he doesn't feel anything out of the ordinary, Mierin still feels uneasy. ”All the same, I think we should stay alert. I don't like this. While there may not have been a struggle, it seems like people left in the middle of cooking, judging from the smell coming from the other room. Either they left in a hurry or something grabbed them without a struggle.”

As she makes her way further into the inn, Mierin keeps yer eyes open for any signs of traps or ambush that could have been left behind when the occupants left the inn (or anyone else).
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby William Summers » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 19/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 19

Group: Temple

Conditions
[*]Armor of Ithan: RUE P. 202, 15m remaining, 100/100 MDC, 1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM P. 100, 15m remaining, blinds attackers within 10-ft radius, see spell description for other details.
[*]Energy Sphere: 606/800 PPE
[*]Quickaction: +10 to next non-strike roll.
[*]Quickstrike: +7 to next strike/attack roll
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM P. 109, 24m remaining, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P. 14, 12m remaining, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/ impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk Tightrope: 88%, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/ Impact from moving vehicle or explosion/concussive blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 12m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 12m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.


Skills
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 1/75% (to watch out for scouts)
Trap/Mine Detection: 1d100 = 66/64% (avoiding traps)


Covering ground quickly with magical means, Will follows Ronan's lead and traverses the hot forest near Vheld until the signal to halt is given.
Vheld wrote:”I can open a portal that will take us into that vestibule. We should be ready for anything- that vestibule could be occupied. If anyone has any explosives they can rig up to that obelisk, worst-case I bet that’ll serve as a great distraction later.”

"Just grenades. Nothing I can set to blow. Not really my forte. If we can portal in, let's skip past these zombies and see what's going on in there. Those green lights don't look good."
Will draws his Draining Blade and waits for the signal from Ronan before hopping through Vheld's portal.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:11 pm

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: John is Pebbles and Maximum Size, but spread out, See Invisible, his Radar is FOULED.

Rocky wrote:Rocky see the lightning and hears the thunder he revises his decision, over the radio Rocky speaks, [color=#0080FF]“John this storm is bad. I’m thinking we should move everyone in. T-42 secure the jeep and head into the in for cover. If they won’t let you in seek cover under the eves and stay low.”

Rocky then heads into the inn.


John can't hear Rocky talking inside his PA over the storm but notes him getting out and heading into the inn. John takes that as a good excuse to go inside, himself.

He oozes into the front room of the inn and piles himself up against the wall, leaving the door open, blocked by a good chunk of his... tail? So he can at least try to keep an eye on their perimeter.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Minerva » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 35/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 61

Group: Meadows
Conditions
  • H.P.: 104/104
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 349/366
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 5/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield (Active)
  • 70/70 MDC
  • 4/4 Activations
    Stalker Suit
  • 12/12 MDC
    Cloak of Protection
  • 50/50 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • Impervious to Fire
    Ring of Invisibility (Inactive)
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 3/3 Activations
    Ring of Resist Fire (Inactive)
  • 0/2 hours
  • 3/3 Activations
    On a Ley Line
  • Can use 1D6+1 ISP per melee round. Can not be stored.
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.


Minerva pilots her bike as best she can through the mud, eventually reaching the crest of the hill.

Assuming Felix, Phoenix or Zed share their info Minerva will chime in over the radio with ”Thunderstorm is breaking up our comms. This is our moment. We must take this ritual down. You know what happens if we fail. Phoenix, can you start us off with a missile? Volcano, on my mark, shut down those flames. Felix, ¿puedes aclarar a los prisioneros? Everyone else, take out the ritualists hard and fast.” Shutting her motorcycle down and walking the rest of the way, Minerva approaches from the Eastern side of the Southern wall. Kneeling down behind cover, she activates the Body Field on her armor and waits for the others to be in position.

Translations
Felix, ¿puedes aclarar a los prisioneros? =Felix, can you get the prisoners free?
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:09 pm

(((ROLLS CARRY OVER)))

Meadows
Minerva
"Volcano, on my mark, shut down those flames. "


Jack speaks up over the radio, "Copy Minerva, take the flame down on your call."

Jack gets ready to shut down the flames near the ritual site.
Extinguish Fires:
OOC Comments
• Ability to psionically snuff out fire.
--Range: 100' +10'/Level Currently 150
--Radius of Effect: 200' /Level (Variable) Currently 1200'
--I.S.P. Cost: 4
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:46 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image


Meadow Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2030
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Location: Northeast of the Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Daphne (MARS; Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
----Tony the Tiger-Bot (Lahz's)--shadowing Lahz
Felix (MARS, flying solo)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Zed (Roughnecks; flying solo)

Jack says over the radio, "Minerva, this storm is getting bad. We need to get to this place and get ready for a mud fight. Copy. Getting ready for the rain of fire." He then manifests a protective psychic field, and then focuses his senses.

As Lahz approaches the area the stench of supernatural evil overwhelms the sweet odor of the magic that lightly bathes the area. Whatever's going on beyond those walls must be ghastly. Lahz approaches the walls framing the roadway and observes tongues of flame clearly visible over the walls and spies a break between the walls which allows passage into the field. He also notes the presence of a xombie at either end of that break, presumably standing guard. Tony, meanwhile, traces the edge of the wall eastward until he, too, finds a break in the wall and begins to make his way toward the field.

Felix prepares for the moment of conflict by checking his gear as best he can while in flight towards the blazing fire as he flies in from a northerly direction. There are a couple of knots of trees in the field, and in the shadow of each are pairs of odd-looking figures. He can't make out any better details than that they're humanoid with his speed of movement, the dancing shadows from the fire, and the terrible weather. He calls out over the radio, "Señor Reyes ready for pots and pans!" as he manifests a protective psychic field around himself.

Daphne responds to Lhaz, "Roger that," then to herself, "No big deal, just flying in a thunderstorm while cultists prepare to summon a monster into the world." As she descends to get a better look at the scene, she quickly becomes glad to not be bound to the earth. There's a huge, clearly designed circle of fire in the middle of the field with intersecting lines of fire criss-crossing through the circle. The circle of fire looks to have about a two-hundred foot diameter, and in between those intersecting lines of fire are four groups of people huddled together in fear. There are three humanoid figures along the north end of the fire, and two guarding the fire-side perimeter of the wall. There are two clumps of trees in the field, and in each she can just make out a pair of humanoids standing beneath the branches of each...and there's the ATV! Without someone on the back of it who has--ZZAAAPPP!--a heavy mounted weapon of some kind! She instinctively jigs her craft a bit to either side and decreases her speed to throw off the shooter's aim in case there are follow-up shots. Whatever the hell that blue sparkly shit was that hit her fighter, it packed a wallop! Her instrument panel shows a nearly twenty percent drop in the integrity of her armor.

Minerva rides her bike across the fields until she reaches the wall, then chimes in over the radio "Thunderstorm is breaking up our comms. This is our moment. We must take this ritual down. You know what happens if we fail. Phoenix, can you start us off with a missile? Volcano, on my mark, shut down those flames. Felix, ¿puedes aclarar a los prisioneros? Everyone else, take out the ritualists hard and fast." She jumps off her bike and dashes to the Eastern side of the Southern wall, kneels, activates the body field on her armor, and waits for the others to get into position. She sees a flash of light above her to the North and looks in time to see Daphne's fighter get blasted with what looked like fuzzy, blue lightning. Peeking around the corner she sees a xombie standing guard near a wide break in the wall. From the East she sees the rapid approach of Lahz in his war machine...about as subtle and stealthy as an exploding volcano.

Jack, despite being behind her, says over the radio, "Copy, Minerva. Take the flame down on your call," as he follows close behind her. He, too, sees the shriek of blue-white light wash across the front of Daphne's vehicle.

Flying to the South of Minerva & Jack's position, Zed gets an even better eyeful of the the deadly light show, and sees where it came from: there's a mounted weapon on the back of the ATV that's parked on the West side of the field and there is someone manning that weapon. He also senses his flight spell is about to lapse.

Map
Image


GM NOTES:
  • You're somewhat Northeast of the Lexington Ruins.
  • Daphne, Felix, and Zed can choose to arrive on the map from any direction--state from which direction you wish to approach in your next posts.
  • Lahz/Tony & Minerva/Jack arrive along the southern edge--state where (along an east/west axis) you wish to arrive along that edge.
  • You have a default 2% chance to be struck by lightning, 5% if in heavy armor/PA/RCV/vehicle, 10% if flying.




Lexington Ruins Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2010
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Location: Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Zion (MARS)

Wolf asks of his teammates, "Hey weren't there people in here? I could have sworn I saw figures moving around as we were approaching. Saul, getting any bad vibes? Well other then this being kind of horror movie creepy." Wolf walks to the bar and calls out, "Excuse me! Anyone back there?" No voices return his call. Wolf motions for the others to follow. He moves into the room behind the bar. It's a small larder and kitchen. Everything looks as though it's been hastily dropped. He calls back to the others, "We should get the others. Not sure if Rocky's PA will fit in there but we will see what he says. I'm sure he brought other gear with him."

Saul, reflecting on the weather, says, "It may not be safe for anyone to stay outside at this point." After Wolf's comments, he adds, "I'd hazard a guess that the occupants left peacefully it appears no more than an hour ago. Possibly less. There doesn't appear to be signs of a struggle."

Wolf inquires, "Saul, getting any bad vibes? Well other than this being kind of horror movie creepy."

Saul takes a moment then replies, "I'm not detecting anything out of the ordinary beyond the, as you say, 'horror movie creepy'." Saul approaches the bar with Mierin at his side.

Mierin responds, "All the same, I think we should stay alert. I don't like this. While there may not have been a struggle, it seems like people left in the middle of cooking, judging from the smell coming from the other room. Either they left in a hurry or something grabbed them without a struggle." As she's finishing her response, she catches movement out of the corner of her eye and discretely uses her peripheral vision to look at the figure in the Eastern window. A man is standing there. He has brown skin, black shoulder-length hair in dreadlocks, and looks to have an athletic build. She sees the end of the sleek, black laser rifle slung over her shoulder and recognizes it for a pricey Wilk's model of relatively recent design and manufacture. (This is Zion.)

Over the radio, Rocky comments, "John, this storm is bad. I’m thinking we should move everyone in. T-42, secure the jeep and head into the inn for cover. If they won’t let you in seek cover under the eves and stay low." Rock then moves near the wall of the inn, extricates himself from his powered armor suit, secures it, and puts on his force field. He then reaches into the back of the nearby Lynx and grabs his sword and crystal rifle, then mosies onto the porch. (Make sure your gear post is adjusted to reflect this! Also note it takes time to mount/dismount from a PA suit.)

John gets sick of the weather and rumbles around the inn to the front before rumbling some more with his loud, rocky, mess of a form into the front room of the inn and piles himself up against the wall near the open door.

Zion had just stumbled upon the place. Totally empty, lights on, food available, drinks handy, and absolutely nobody around: the perfect opportunity to grab something to eat & rest. He'd heard some commotion and people screaming and yelling as he was approaching the place, but visual signs of shit gone horribly wrong. He'd parked his hovercar just inside the partitioned side of the inn only moments before, and was now cautiously approaching a nearby window when he hears people's voices calling out and shadows moving on the walls inside the place. Approaching a window to look in, he sees a simian mutant, a man in rough garb, and redheaded woman who might be beautiful if she didn't look so stern. (Zion, this is your introduction.)

A booming, high-pitched scream cracks the night louder than thunder from outside the inn, rattling everyone's nerves. Whatever that was, it was not a sound of truth, good, or beauty, but more like one of the kind of despair that could drive a person to do anything.

Map
Image


GM NOTE:
  • You're in the heart of the Lexington Ruins.
  • You have a default 2% chance to be struck by lightning, 5% if in heavy armor/PA/RCV/vehicle, 10% if flying (all if outside).




Temple Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2200
Environmental Effects: 85°, oppressively humid; night time/dark
Ley Line: 5 miles long, 500' thick, East-West axis, centered on Temple Mound
Location: in the wilderness South of Stormspire & East-Northeast of Dunscon; perhaps an hour from the region/forest known as Soulharvest

Order of Battle
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Brokswa (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Bel'Dar (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)

Vhelkd emphasizes in reply to Ronan's query, "We're looking for books, papers, journals- anything that could contain information. Not just for our new mage friend; anything new we could learn about Nxla may prove important. Beyond that, kill anything that doesn't surrender immediately. Maybe everything, period, just to be on the safe side." As a plan begins to take form in Vheld’s mind, he spends several seconds concentrating on his dimension sense to see if the obelisk has any potential to interfere with his mystic portal spell. His frown deepens as he discovers that the dimensional fabric around the entire temple is impermeable. The obelisk isn't the source, but his sense tells him it's a part of a larger magical conduit of some alien variety upon which he's never before stumbled, nor even heard mention. He sighs in frustration and places the portal as close as possible just to the East of the stairs.

Ronan unclips the Lightblade from his belt before responding, "With this, there shouldn't be a repeat of last time with those damn things. I'm confident we can eliminate the zombies, though if they are merely pawns, would their masters be aware of their termination? Might be best to avoid them at first, get inside. If they know what we want, they could try trashing it. I've a great deal of experience with explosives, but all of my charges and equipment got trashed with the pod. I can handle that, if we happen to have any."

Seymour affirms Vheld's speech, "As soon as we are in i can look for the journals. Now i am in it. I opened my mouth. Now i need to 'man' up." With a little swagger, he adds "We got this."

Will responds to Vheld's question, "Just grenades. Nothing I can set to blow. Not really my forte. If we can portal in, let's skip past these zombies and see what's going on in there. Those green lights don't look good." Drawing his Draining Blade, he waits for the signal from Ronan before hopping through Vheld's portal.

The moment is ripe, and they leap through moments after Vheld's incantation manifests in the pitch of night. Immediately they are through--and quietly. The only disturbance being the soft glow of the portal itself. The xombies at the bottom steps turn nearly in unison to look upon the teammates with flat, soulless eyes.

Map
Image


GM NOTES:
  • You're in the very heart of Soulharvest.
  • There's apparently only one way in or out of the temple.
  • State where (along an east/west axis) you wish to arrive along the southern edge of the map.


What are your intentions?

GM NOTES:
  • BE MINDFUL OF WHICH GROUP YOU'RE IN! (Don't make my mistake) Expand the Order of Battle tag to verify with whom you're traveling before posting.
  • Reminder: Skill checks are ignored which don't also have explanation as to what they're being used to achieve.


Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -49 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots, Psychic Body Field & Enhanced Perception
NE-ATRV:
Ray the Robot:
William Summers: -194 P.P.E., -58 MD;
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Quickaction: +10 to next non-strike roll.
  • Quickstrike: +7 to next strike/attack roll
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; -38 M.D.C. from FF
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Vheld: (Sustain active) -146 P.P.E.; -1 charge/invincible armor talisman; cloak of darkness; -16 S.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Silhouette:
Sshir:
Slithn:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
Rocky:
Saul: -6 P.P.E.; Wings: 30 minutes of Fly as the Eagle remaining
Felix: -8 I.S.P.
Ernstweavel:
Cargonaut:
Seymour:
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Ronan:
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Wolf Whitaker:
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Minerva: -30 M.D.C. to crystal armor
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Marauder PA: LPC: 240 shots/-0 shots;
Lahz: (Sustain active), -10 I.S.P.
Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter: -100 M.D. to Main Body
Daphne:
John Altfeld:
Brokswa: -1 charge/invincible armor talisman
Bel'Dar: -1 charge/invincible armor talisman
Tony the Tiger-Bot: -11 M.D. to Cyborg Armor
Zed: -25 P.P.E.; Fly as the Eagle activated at 2000
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zed » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:03 pm

Perception: 23% | 1d100 = 28
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 45

Meadows Group

Current Conditions:
Fly as the Eagle [30min]


Intentions:
Not a good idea to be flying in a thunderstorm without insulation, Zed thinks while deciding what spell(s) would be most useful. The Timneh approaches from the North and lands in a place that is high up (if there is one or something with cover) before his fly as the eagle spell is running out.

He casts Armor of Ithan upon the approach.

Zed takes every (any) opportunity to replenish (or flat out use) the ley line to cast spells and restock his ppe storehouse.

The Timneh feels most comfortable with Dweomer at his back so he puts it between him and the meadow. He quickly scouts the surrounding area for traps or ambushes of any kind that he can see before landing (preferably in a tree or some other place high up outside of a person’s normal peripheral.)


Actions:
Apm: 4
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 23

Action 1: Cast Armor of Ithan [10ppe, 30mdc]
Action 2-4: Cast Anti Magic Cloud [140ppe]

Skills:
Prowl 1d100 = 42 Trying to move stealthily [ooc: just looked back at sheet zed does not have a prowl skill, THUS the dependency on Chameleon to do so] and will use the lightning strikes to time his movements once close (to within 1000’-2000’) i.e. right after lightning strikes there is a window of time where the eyes must adjust (using the polarizing lenses part as a clue) Zed will to the best of his ability try to move directly after lightning strikes, and remain still as soon as it does strike (to the best of his ability.)
Lore: Magic & Geomancy-- 50% | 1d100 = 27 This is being used as a general overview and to understand more so what is going on at the Meadows site.
Lore: Magic & Geomancy-- 50% | 1d100 = 13 This one is to see what is particularly special about this place (if any)
Sensory Equipment-- 50% | 1d100 = 29 This is to use on the robot if it has any thing on board


Contingencies:
Zed will dodge for sure if the "lightning turret gun" targets him. 1d20+4 = 11, 1d20+4 = 22, 1d20+4 = 19, 1d20+4 = 19
Zed will Cast Fly as The Eagle if his ability to fly gives out before he lands (if he is falling). Cast: Fly As The Eagle [25ppe]
Once the Anti-Magic Cloud is cast Zed will focus on watching and gathering information, and replenishing his ppe stores.
Last edited by Zed on Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:45 am, edited 9 times in total.
P.P.E.: 177|142 +3d6/lvl
S.D.C.: 45|45
H.P.: 20|20 +1d6/lvl


Special Abilities
1. One with the body: -50% fatigue rate, hold breath for 3 minutes, +5% to balance
2. One with the mind: alert and able to stay focused even when all hell is breaking loose around him
3. One with Magic: comprehensive understanding of the principles of magic and is especially well versed in ritual magic and power spells
4. Pilot Automaton. [All, but prefers the Colossus]
5. May Draw P.P.E. from ley lines, nexus points, people, and ritual blood sacrifice the same as a Ley Line Walker
6. Link with the Lords of Magic: can draw upon the P.P.E. reserves of the three Lords of Magic to create magic weapons via the Enchant Weapons (minor) spell, at 50% P.P.E. cost to The Three; alerts The Three when a High Mage is killed
7. Automaton Creation & Bonding Rituals: knows the secrets of creating Automatons and the bonding ritual that gives the Controllers their unique union with the magical constructs


Zed aka Daelur Ezekiel Zenth
User avatar
Zed
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 36 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 61

Paranoia Thought Text

Lexington Ruins Group

Wolf turns toward the sound of the scream, the water splashing from his hat as he spins, hands on his pistols. Not good...Ya no shit...You want to check it out don't you...No i really don't. It came from outside. Might be what we are looking for it might not. The timing is not a coincidence. Let's get the rest in here and looking for the basement before we go running into a thunderstorm in the middle of the magic zone...you don't need them, you can't trust them...we need everyone on this. I Only have so many silver rounds and nothing after that to take on the supernatural...So take it...Not from them. Now Shut up and let me work!

Wolf pops his head back into the main room. "Saul, Mierin, get the others inside. I don't know what that was but it was not good news. We need every one to begin looking for a lower level. While the front looks undisturbed there is a bit of a mess back here. No bodies, but some signs of a struggle. Gather everyone in the back room." Wolf motions to the room he is in, "We will go from there." Wolf will continue to look for the basement while the other gather. When Wolf finds the basement he will rejoin the others. Found it!...Good for you, now will you please stop doing everything and being the leader?...Fuck off!

If Wolf see's Zion through the window, Wolf will key the radio. "Rocky, John, you guys have an interloper. West side of the building. Get him and bring him in here."

When/If Wolf see Zion with the group before the planning. "Where the hell did you come from?" Wolf will eye him suspiciously, I don't like the look of this one...I though I told you to shut up, but you are right I don't trust this one...How did he get past the wherever those things were outside...we did, he could too. We could always use another hand, he just needs to be on our side...and if he's not?...I'll put him down. If Zion seams to be the good sort Wolf will talk to him after glaring at Zion for a moment. "Well I hope you brought your brown pants cause you're with us now. We are trying to stop a world ending ritual. Hope you can help with that."

"Ok I have found the entrance to the basement. I'm not sure if the scream from outside was in relation to the ritual or not but we should finish our search of this place before moving on. If it turns out to be empty it may be a good fall back point should we need it. John you may want to turn back into something a little less noisy, or you could thunder down first and distract the hell out of who ever is down there, your call. I would say get the sneaky melee people in front. I can shoot around you guys with no issues. Mierin you good with that? I know it's a rough plan but it sounds like we have less time then we originally thought." Wolf will wait for a moment to hear and discuss counter plans Wolf will give planning a max of five minutes.
Wolf will then get up and shoulder his pack and draw his NE pistols, "We need to go. We can no longer wait." And he will head down the stairs to the basement weapons in hand.
Last edited by Wolf Whitaker on Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:22 am

JiC: 1d100 = 91 / 1d20 = 10
Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 89

Intelligence [59%]: 1d100 = 28 (Identify the most effective weapon he is between the Lightblade and Skorblade for this specific enemy, and then use that weapon exclusively)
Prowl [59%]: 1d100 = 53 (Trying to remain as quiet as possible while cutting xombies to shreds)
Detect Ambush [59%]: 1d100 = 11 (Stop others from sneaking up on him while he is cutting xombies.)

Current Conditions:
Current Personal M.D.C.: 279 / 294 (After activating Lightblade)

Armor of Ithan ( Remaining: 15:00:00 | 100 MDC) || Chromatic Protection ( Remaining: 10:00:00 | Blinds melee attackers within 20ft) || SH Speed ( Remaining: 24:00:00 | Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.) || SH Agility ( Remaining: 12:00:00 | +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact) || SH Strength ( Remaining: 12:00:00 | ) || Fighting Spirit ( Remaining: 12:00:00 | +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw)


Temple Group

The xombies at the bottom steps turn nearly in unison to look upon the teammates with flat, soulless eyes.

Ronan releases an inaudible 'tsk' from within his helmet when he sees them see him see them. Shit. Go figure conventionally augmented tactics wouldn't work in this environment. Perimeter senses maybe. Oh well. Ronan queues his radio and tightens the straps of his Viper, snugging the Viper to his chest. "Cover's blown, we're spotted. Going in before they have a chance to react, don't let any get around us." Ronan says and will trigger his lightblade and leap towards the closest xombie doing a leap attack with the blade.

As he engages, he is purposefully not using his machine gun to not expose everyone and draw the Skorblade in his left hand. Ronan is keeping an eye out for any approaching enemies that may try to ambush them, and also searching for an viable water source to pull from. Ronan will trigger his Flesh Works Sense of Health of Flesh on the xombies, if they have any flesh that he can manipulate such as throat, hands or feet. He's looking for ways he can limit their movement or sound. He is using both his Skorblade and Lightblade initially to determine which is most efficient, then will sling the extra and only use the specific weapon.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active:
Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant etc and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify the effect.


Combat Intentions
Combat Wall of Rolls
APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 22

Parries with Lightblade (Willing to parry if AoI breaks): 1d20+13 = 22 | 1d20+13 = 24 | 1d20+13 = 24 | 1d20+13 = 30 | 1d20+13 = 18 | 1d20+13 = 28 | 1d20+13 = 17 | 1d20+13 = 14

Dodges; (will sacrifice four attempts to slash a baddie to dodge a baddie if he needs to get to an ally or away): 1d20+16 = 32 | 1d20+16 = 18 | 1d20+16 = 34 | 1d20+16 = 34

(Paired Weapons actions)
A1: Tighten Strap of Viper, use radio. Activate Lightblade and draw Skorblade. -45 M.D.C.
A2-3: Leap Attack using Lightblade on closest xombie. (Ronan, from standing, can leap 46.8 feet far and 93.6 feet high). Strike: 1d20+12 = 24 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 60 | Flesh Works: Sense Health of Flesh
Ignore this: A3: Slashy slashy closest baddie, twice. W/ Lightblade Strike: 1d20+12 = 16 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 60 | W/ Skorblade Strike: 1d20+12 = 20 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 20
A4: Slashy slashy closest baddie with most effective weapon per prior slashes, twice. Strike: 1d20+12 = 29 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 30 | Strike: 1d20+12 = 27 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 20
A5: Slashy slashy closest baddie with most effective weapon per prior slashes, twice. Strike: 1d20+12 = 14 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 20 | Strike: 1d20+12 = 28 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 20
A6: Slashy slashy closest baddie with most effective weapon per prior slashes, twice. Strike: 1d20+12 = 18 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 30 | Strike: 1d20+12 = 29 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 10
A7: Slashy slashy closest baddie with most effective weapon per prior slashes, twice. Strike: 1d20+12 = 22 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 10 | Strike: 1d20+12 = 31 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 10
A8: Slashy slashy closest baddie with most effective weapon per prior slashes, twice. Strike: 1d20+12 = 28 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 50 | Strike: 1d20+12 = 13 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 50

Contingency:
If xombie one is cut to ribbons, replace next slash with a Leap attack to the Bone Fiend.
If an ally is going to become overwhelmed, abandon current enemy to leap to ally's attackers and continue with slashy slashy from there.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:30 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 30 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: 1d100 = 56

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Happy and Hopeful], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [160/160]

ISP: 211/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 94




MEADOWS MARAUDERS ...

Lahz spots the bolt of lightning counterintuitively flashing upward from the ATV into the sky, *I hope he managed to get the tracker onto the vehicle* he muses briefly before shifting gears and begins targeting. "Tony, Kill the ATV Gunner," the Marauder radios even as Lahz targets one of the creatures underneath the Eastern trees and launches a volley of plasma mini-missiles from his launch tubes at something off to the East [Target #1], *that's a good shot, might drop a tree onto their pretty circle ....*

He then takes several steps before jumping the wall like a short hurdle and opening up on Target #2 with his pulse-cannon. If these 2 targets drop, Lahz will turn his attention to Target #3.

OOC: Lahz's targets are numbered in order, in Green.

Lahz will parry as best he can, but is not at all shy about dodging, and will use up to 3 of his attacks (take off end) to avoid/dodge any serious looking strikes.

APM: 9
Init [+2]: 1d20+2 = 15

1 -- Launch volley of 4-Plasma Mini-Missiles: EP Strike Target #1, 4d6*20 = 420 (15ft Radius)
2 -- Take a few steps and jump over the 6-8ft wall (Marauder Leaping: The robot legs can propel the heavy power armor 15 feet high or lengthwise)
3 -- Fire Laser Pulse Cannon Barrage at Target #2: 1d20+5 = 17, 5d6*10 = 170
4 -- Fire Laser Pulse Cannon Barrage at Target #2: 1d20+5 = 22, 5d6*10 = 140 ***
5 -- Fire Laser Pulse Cannon Single at Target #2: 1d20+5 = 12, (1d6*10)+30 = 40 ***
6 -- Fire Laser Pulse Cannon Single at Target #3: 1d20+5 = 20, (1d6*10)+30 = 50 ***
7 -- Fire Laser Pulse Cannon Single at Target #3: 1d20+5 = 16, (1d6*10)+30 = 60 *X*
8 -- Fire Laser Pulse Cannon Single at Target #3: 1d20+5 = 14, (1d6*10)+30 = 90 *X*
9 -- Fire Laser Pulse Cannon Single at Target #3: 1d20+5 = 21, (1d6*10)+30 = 50 *X*


*** if Attack [3] did not injure Target #2, back up and switch weapons to TX-H1-S Electro-Mace [Silver Plated] [Attacks: 1d20+11 = 30 (Crit), 1d20+11 = 28 (Crit), 1d20+11 = 19 // Damage: 4d6 = 12*2=24, 4d6 = 16*2=32, 4d6 = 16]

*X* if Attack [6] did not injure Target #2, back up and switch weapons to TX-H1-S Electro-Mace [Silver Plated] [Attacks: 1d20+11 = 26, 1d20+11 = 30 (Crit), 1d20+11 = 23 // Damage: 4d6 = 15, 4d6 = 16*2=32, 4d6 = 17]

Parries as needed [+11]: 1d20+11 = 14, 1d20+11 = 14, 1d20+11 = 13, 1d20+11 = 28, 1d20+11 = 23
Dodges as needed [+8]: 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 18, 1d20+8 = 18




TONY

Multi-Optics Eyes: Telescopic Vision (6,000'), Nightvision 2000', Thermo Imaging 2000', Amplified Hearing: Can hear sounds as quiet as 10 decibels as far away as 500ft away, programmed to recognize 60,000 different mechanical sounds, Wide Band Radio Receiver & Transmitter & Radio System Scrambler (Sourcebook 1, Pg 28): Range: 300 miles; can send receive encoded/encrypted.

OOC: Tony's Speed translates to 211 feet/second, 395ft/attack

Tony launches himself forward holding his silver vibro-sword as he descends upon the gunner [Target #1] in the back of the ATV. If he kills the Man(?) in the back of the ATV, he will hop down and try the driver's door (to kill whomever is there with electro-tentacles [Target #2]). Once he finishes with Target 2, Tony proceeds to Target 3.

OOC: The Robo-Tiger's targets are numbered in order, in Pink.

APM: 8 (+1 tentacle)
Init [+4]: 1d20+4 = 8

1 -- Launch forward onto the back of the ATV and cleave gunner [Target 1] with Silver Vibroblade: 1d20+13 = 33, 5d6 = 19*2=38 MD
2 -- Cleave gunner [Target 1] with Silver Vibroblade: 1d20+13 = 16, 5d6 = 16 MD
3 -- Cleave gunner [Target 1] with Silver Vibroblade: 1d20+13 = 24, 5d6 = 13 MD
4 -- Cleave gunner [Target 1] with Silver Vibroblade: 1d20+13 = 30, 5d6 = 16 MD
5 -- Electro-tentacles to grab Target 2: 1d20+11 = 25, Electrified tentacle 3d6 = 11 MD + Chance of Stunning Victim for 1d4 Melees (See Warlords of Russia Pg 126, victim drops to 2 APM, -70% Skill performance and speed, No Initiative, -8 all combat rolls)
6 -- Slash guy in ATV [Target 2] with Silver Vibroblade: 1d20+13 = 19, 5d6 = 13 MD
7 -- Slash [Target 3] with Silver Vibroblade: 1d20+13 = 24, 5d6 = 16 MD
8 -- Slash [Target 3] with Silver Vibroblade: 1d20+13 = 22, 5d6 = 17 MD
9 -- Slash [Target 3] with Silver Vibroblade: 1d20+13 = 30, 5d6 = 16 MD

Parry with Sword [+14]: 1d20+14 = 34, 1d20+14 = 28, 1d20+14 = 34, 1d20+14 = 20, 1d20+14 = 18, 1d20+14 = 26
Dodge [+13]: 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 17, 1d20+13 = 16, 1d20+13 = 14

Targetting
MeadowsR1.jpg
Targetting for Lahz & Tony
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Felix » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:38 pm

Perception:1d100 = 22/43%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 23
JIC (20): 1d20 = 10

Conditions (as of this post): Suppress Fear: 4:30 remaining; Psionic Force Field: 120 M.D.C.

Initiative Roll: 1d20+4 = 14

Actions (6APM)
1: Initiate Suppress Fear power
2: Drop grenade while flying over tree: strike --> 1d20+8 = 22; damage--> 6d6 = 19 M.D. (plasma)
3-4: Flying Jump Kick on Harvester --> 1d20+8 = 28; damage--> 5d6+17 = 38 M.D. (all hand to hand damage, including P.S. bonus, is M.D. when Felix's force field is up) x2 (Natural 20) = 76 M.D.
5: Tripping/Leg Hook vs Harvester --> 1d20+8 = 23; damage--> NONE, purely knockdown attack and cannot be parried
6: Tell nearest group of prisoners to run over helmet loudspeaker

Teng-Jutsu Automatic Leap Dodges (when on ground):
1: 1d20+8 = 19
2: 1d20+8 = 15
3: 1d20+8 = 27
4: 1d20+8 = 17
5: 1d20+8 = 28 Natural 20!
6: 1d20+8 = 20

Meadows Group




Minerva wrote:"Felix, ¿puedes aclarar a los prisioneros?


¡Su Español es muy bueno! Parece una hablante nativa ... ¡incluso con acento sudamericano! Cuando esto termine, deberíamos hablar más ... thinks Felix to himself in surprise at Minerva's transmission.
Translation
Her Spanish is very good! She sounds like a native speaker... even with a South American accent! When this is finished, we should talk more...

"Sí, puedo liberar a los cautivos, ¡no hay problema!" says the Flying Tiger into his helmet radio.
Translation
"Yes, I can free the captives, no problem!"


He sees the Harvesters and other undead and decides to steady himself - he will need nerves of steel to pull off this fight. (ooc: draw on Ley Line and convert to 1d6+1 = 6 I.S.P. and activate Suppress Fear psi-power)

Suppress Fear, +50% duration due to Ley Line
Range: Self or others by touch.
Duration: One minute per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 8
This power temporarily suppresses the chemical and psychological components of fear in the recipient. As a result, the character is unable to feel fear or is barely frightened even if intellectually he realizes he is in grave danger, or is facing a terrifying monster or situation. This enables the character to think rationally and take calm, calculated action, rather than respond with the typical "fight or flight" reactions of those who are scared. While this power is activated, the character automatically succeeds on any roll to resist Horror Factor, even if magically induced.
This power can be used on the psychic himself or on one or two others.


Felix drops a few "presents" on his way down, being careful to avoid Lahz's incoming volley of doom as he flies over and slightly to the right of the center of the tree directly in front of him and drops one CS Plasma Grenade on top of his target as he flies over, shouting (on his helmet loudspeaker) "Pots and pans!" with a shit eating grin on his face - not that anyone can tell with his helmet secured and the storm raging.

He then lands, foot first, into the Harvester (OOC: One O'Clock position over the "wheel of fire") in his path with a nasty Flying Jump Kick, landing to spin right into a Tripping/Leg Hook to knock the Harvester down.

Once the Harvester is on its back, Felix will head to the nearest group of prisoners a few feet away and yell (over his helmet loudspeaker) for the prisoners to "RUN!", and then spins around to see what's in store next.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 123/131

Conditions, Weapons/Armor, Always On, Saving Throw Info
Current Conditions: Psionic Force Field: 120 M.D.C., 18 minutes remaining, hand to hand attacks inflict M.D.C. damage including P.S. bonus!

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Superior Vision: Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Daphne » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 96/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18; 1d100 = 96
Conditions: None.


Skills:
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor: 1d100 = 84/87% (To Pilot Fighter)
Read Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 43/62% (Keeping an eye on the situation)



Initiative: 1d20+2 = 21
Number of attacks: 7

Action One: Fire a pair of Armor Piercing Mini-Missiles at the Creatures indicated. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 7; Damage: 2d4*10 = 60)
Action Two: Fire a pair of Armor Piercing Mini-Missiles at the Second of the two Creatures indicated. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 15; Damage: 2d4*10 = 50)
Action Three: Fire Dual blast of Pulse Cannon at the First Creature indicated. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 19; Damage: 2d4*10 = 80)
Action Four: Fire Dual blast of Pulse Cannon at the Second Creature indicated. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 7; Damage: 2d4*10 = 40)
Action Five: Fire Dual blast of Pulse Cannon at the First Creature indicated. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 25 Nat 20!; Damage: 2d4*10 = 30 60 M.D.)
Action Six: Fire Dual blast of Pulse Cannon at the Second Creature indicated. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 17; Damage: 2d4*10 = 50)
Action Seven: Fire Dual blast of Pulse Cannon at the First Creature indicated. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 6; Damage: 2d4*10 = 50)

Dodges as Needed: 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 19, 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 9.

Who Daphne is attacking
Image


Daphne curses as her fighter is hit. "Screw this, I'm not waiting any more." Daphne says as she picks a target and fires a pair of Mini Missiles at it. She switches to a near by creature and fires another pair of mini-missiles. Daphne switches to pulse cannons, switching between her two chosen targets. What the hell is even going on? Daphne thinks as she rains attacks from the sky.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:51 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 51
Init: 1d20 = 7
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 72
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 66
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 90


Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 70
Seymour:
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw


Skills Used
OOC Comments
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 78 - decent shots
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 1 - sellable shots
Surveillance -- 54% / 1d100 = 25 - activate cameras
Computer Operation 70% / 1d100 = 24 - link cameras
Computer Operation 70% / 1d100 = 97 - use any computer i see
Computer Hacking 47% / 1d100 = 87 - hack in if needed
Intelligence 40% / 1d100 = 35 - look for journals, paperwork… anything that will help learn their plans
Literacy: American -- 70% / 1d100 = 67 - read anything found
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 52% / 1d100 = 2 - id targets
Radio: Basic -- 67% / 1d100 = 40 - use radio
Prowl 76% / 1d100 = 24 - stay quiet


Post -
Temple Group
The moment is ripe, and they leap through moments after Vheld's incantation manifests in the pitch of night. Immediately they are through--and quietly. The only disturbance being the soft glow of the portal itself. The xombies at the bottom steps turn nearly in unison to look upon the teammates with flat, soulless eyes.
Seeing Ronan charge forward, Seymour stays back and tries to be invisible. ((Prowl)) Using his cameras, Seymour programs one of his toys to follow Ronan and then he uses the other to do some advanced recon. ”Maybe this time i will get some good shots.” He watches his screen for a moment. ”Wow!! That guy can fight.” With a few more commands, Seymour tries to get Heckle (camera 1) to continue following Ronan and film the fighting.

”Now to do my part.” He heads for the nearest wall and attempts to slink along it. His goal is the room with the glow. Seymour has his camera fly just below the ceiling about 10 ft in front of him. As he creeps, he keeps glancing at his gauntlet screen every so often as he moves. Once he is at the corner of the stairway, Seymour squats and remains still. ’I will stay here for a moment, at least till this fight is done.” As he waits, he tries to check the room by moving the camera around as quietly and stealthily as he can. If attacked he will defend himself, but he will not pick a fight.

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 19

Parries: 1d20+10 = 30 | 1d20+10 = 14 | 1d20+10 = 19 | 1d20+10 = 28 |

Auto-Dodges; 1d20+14 = 25 | 1d20+14 = 26 | 1d20+14 = 32 | 1d20+14 = 28 |

A1: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 20 / body flip/throw into wall 1d20+8 = 20 / Damage 3d6 = 11
A2: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 18 / body flip/throw into wall 1d20+8 = 24 / Damage 3d6 = 11
A3: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 12 / body flip/throw into others 1d20+8 = 11 / Damage 3d6 = 11
A4: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 21 / body flip/throw into wall 1d20+8 = 15 / Damage 3d6 = 10
A5: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 23 / body flip/throw into wall 1d20+8 = 14 / Damage 3d6 = 9
A6: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 18 / body flip/throw into others 1d20+8 = 27 / Damage 3d6 = 12
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zion » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 28 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 17
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Mind Block-Auto Defense, Null Void, Psi Nullification, Sense Supernatural (300'/ 1200'), Radiate Nature (12'/ 100')

Group: Lexington Ruins

RR the Minor Psychic Powers via EP

A mon, what a week I had, no? As soon as I left Psyscape, I knew I was in fer some rough sail'n. Just like my parents used to tell I, 'Give praise and thanks to the Lord and everything will be al'ight. Doze families back dare are givi'n dhanks fer da powers I and I have given. Mon! I didn't know I could do dat sorta ting. I mean that's was some doctor level stuff. All I was doing was dinking bout it and den I was doi'n it. Da real quest'in you got to ax I is 'did I have da powers all along and never knew it or did I just manifest dem when I needed'em?'. Zion recalls the transpiring of the week past. He pushes all the clatter out of his mind as he parks his hovercraft.




Zion stands in front of the window looking in. The rain drenching him as he peers in and to his surprise, is able to view a woman, a man and a simian. Noticing that the woman is looking in his direction, he gives a warm smile and raises his hand, waves and gestures to front door. Her turns and walks around the corner. Mon did she a fiery twinkle in her eye. If it weren't fer her mean scope across her face she might look attractive. I cuddy's swore dare wer no peeps in dare be for?! Where does folk come in from, I won'dr.

Zion stops and takes a quick look around when he hears the loud scream emanating somewhere from the dark. He rounds the corner and walks past a hover jeep and a suit of power armor. Walking up toward the front entrance with a smile on his face and hand outraced in a friendly manner. "Evening, Mon. Fine weather we be havin' to'nite. Looks like I and I forget to tell I bout da weat'ter. I came ill prepared, it looks like. Folks call I, Zion. What ya' dhink bout dat scream just now? Ya' dhink da in trouble? Dhink we could move inside wer she be warmer and dryer? Sometding a 'round here ain't feel'n right." Zion walks inside the inn if no one objects to that course of actions.

At some point when Wilf has a chance to talk with Zion.

Wolf wrote: "Well I hope you brought your brown pants cause you're with us now. We are trying to stop a world ending ritual. Hope you can help with that."


"Praise Jah, I am in da wright place. I knew he would see I wrong. Ritual ya'll say? Just get I near it and I could stop it. I never really seen what my powers would do a ritual. Dat should be intresti'n. When it comes to help'n peoples truly 'need, den ya can always be count'n on I."
Zion

Constant Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense, Six Sense, Sense Supernatural Beings, Radiate Nature, Null Void, Psi Nullification and interference

Equipment
Morning Star
    2d6 MD
Wilk's 457 Laser Pulse Rifle
    3D6+2 M.D. per shot or 1D6x10 M.D. burst
    30 shots per LE-Clip
User avatar
Zion
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:54 am

Temple Group

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 80
PER: 1d100 = 18 vs. 76%
APM: 9
Conditions
[*]Cloak of Darkness- R:UE P. 200, 65.75m remaining, self+5ft. radius, opponents striking from a distance are -3 to strike (-1 if using thermal-optics or similar)
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM P. 100, 14.75m remaining, blinds attackers within 10-ft radius, see spell description for other details.
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM P. 109, 23.75m remaining, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P. 14, 11.75m remaining, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/ impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk Tightrope: 88%, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/ Impact from moving vehicle or explosion/concussive blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 11.75m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 11.75m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
[*]Dimension Sense: 90% skill, Vheld will detect any dimension-based magic (including teleports, opening of portals, etc.) that occurs, 9.75m remaining. If dimension magic is detected, Vheld can attempt to alter the course of the spell; see R:UE P. 121-122 for details.
[*]Ley line proximity: Double range/duration/damage, Vheld can draw 10PPE/melee.
[*]Invincible armor: 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc. 54m remaining. BoM P. 121.
[*]Mystic portal: 20m remaining, R:UE P. 219-20.
[*]Magic net: 10m remaining, R:UE P. 205-6. Takes two melee rounds to cut free with MD weapons.
[*]Storm staff active: 5m remaining, Vheld is impervious to non-magical energy attacks and can fire up to four lightning bolts each melee
Time to minions' arrival
Sil: Spd 90x5 = 450 yds/melee; two rounds to arrival.
Bel'Dar/Sshir: Spd 130*5 = 650 yds/melee; two rounds to arrival.
Brokswa: Mach 6; one round to arrival.
Slithn: Spd 15*5 = 75 yds/melee; 12 rounds to arrival.


Once it's clear that the team's time to take the enemy by surprise is sorely limited, Vheld reaches out to Sil telepathically. Call the attack. Followed by a mental location of the mystic portal. Presumably eager for action, Vheld's minions will cover the half-mile distance as quickly as they can in answer to their master's summons.

That done, Vheld turns to the problem at hand. As always, he will first use his talisman of invincible armor for some added protection. In contrast to the shifter's usual approach of 'blow everything the fuck up', Vheld opts for a few lower-level spells to manage the enemies before him, in the hopes of preserving the element of surprise as long as possible. He'll start out by casting a magic net on the three Xombies before him

Action 1: Activate talisman of invincible armor ((-1 charge))
Action 2: Magic net on the Xombies ((-7 PPE)).
Action 3: Supercharge and cast blinding flash on the obelisk chamber ((-3 PPE)); opponents need an 18 or better to save. Vheld will target enemies to maximize the number blinded without catching any allies in the area of effect.
Action 4: Activate TW storm staff ((-30 PPE)).
Action 5: Move to the right side of the temple entrance (just enough that he can see within; approximately next to the right-most Xombie on the map)
Action 6: Toss a void grenade into the chamber, targeting the most threatening-looking person. 1d20+6 = 17 to strike (target vanishes for melees) ((-1 grenade))
Action 7: Fire a lightning bolt at the bone fiend, unless a more threatening target appears
(and is not hit by the void grenade). 1d20+7 = 8 to strike, 6d6 = 17 MD.
Action 8: Fire a lightning bolt at the bone fiend, unless a more threatening target appears (and is not hit by the void grenade). 1d20+7 = 9 to strike, 6d6 = 23 MD.
Action 9: Fire a lightning bolt at the bone fiend, unless a more threatening target appears (and is not hit by the void grenade). 1d20+7 = 25 to strike, 6d6 = 25 MD.

Contingency 1: If the Xombies are not close enough together to capture in a single net, Vheld will cast a second and third if necessary (sacrificing lightning bolt actions to do so).
Contingency 2: If there's anything in the obelisk chamber that looks like it might be the journals Vheld is looking for, he will not throw a void grenade but instead fire another lightning bolt. JIC: 1d20+7 = 11, 6d6 = 15 MD.

Auto-parries with staff (please add +13): 9d20:
15, 13, 11, 11, 2, 15, 7, 13, 19

Auto-dodges (please add +5): 9d20:
3, 10, 1, 15, 19, 16, 12, 10, 7
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 247/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's invincible armor talisman.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Minerva » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 48

Group: Meadows
Conditions
  • H.P.: 104/104
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 363/390
    Psi-Sword
  • Damage: 8D6 (6D6 base + 1 die from ley line +1D6 from fencing) Double vs Xombies and Harvesters.
  • Duration: 60/60 minutes
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 5/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield (Active)
  • 70/70 MDC
  • 3/4 Activations
    Stalker Suit
  • 12/12 MDC
    Cloak of Protection
  • 50/50 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • Impervious to Fire
    Ring of Invisibility (Inactive)
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 3/3 Activations
    Ring of Resist Fire (Inactive)
  • 0/2 hours
  • 3/3 Activations
    On a Ley Line
  • Can use 1D6+1 ISP per melee round. Can not be stored.
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.


When the rest of the group starts in, Minerva pulls some psychic energy from the ley line (+1d6+1 = 3 ISP) and then and begins manifesting her Psi-Sword (-30 ISP). "Volcano, get that fire taken care of. I'll be there momentarily, Fuego Lindo." Quietly from behind the wall, she concentrates her psionic energy into her fist, creating a rapier of bright purple energy. Es hora de darles un pedazo de mi mente.


Initiative: 1d20+3 = 7
APM: 6

Actions 1-6: Manifest Psi-Sword.

Translations
Fuego Lindo= Cute Fire
Es hora de darles un pedazo de mi mente. = Time to give them a piece of my mind.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:24 pm

Perception: 79% 1d100 = 94
JIC d20: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 8
INIT: 1d20+2 = 11

Meadow Group
Conditions:
OOC Comments
On a Ley Line

• Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
• Damage is increased by 1 additional die.
Psi body Field 70 MDC
Enhanced Perception
This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).


Jack moves toward the wall for cover, going to the east side getting away from the zombies. He sees the plasma missiles erupt and thinks about super fueling the blast but he sees the flying tiger flying close by and decides to bring down the flames in the circle, just the circle. Jack increases his abilities to overcome fear. Starts shooting at the closest Zombies.Last two Action reserve for dodge or keeping the flames down so prisoners can escape.

Actions: Number of Attacks: 6

Action #1+2 Runs for cover of the wall (Speed: 20)and Bring down the flames: Jack concentrates to stop the fires around the circle area, Extinguish Fires: 170 feet. Radius of Affect: Jack brings down the flames just around the circle nowhere else (can extinguish a 1,400 foot (61 m) radius) Duration: Permanent; until the fire is reignited. I.S.P. Cost: 4
Action #3 Suppress Fear (8 ISP)
Action #4 Fires at the closest enemy northburst with CP -50 Burst
Strike: 1d20+5 = 8
Damage:6d6 = 22
Action # 5 Dodge
1d20+10 = 11
Action #6 Dodge
1d20+10 = 13

Blackhaunt's Clean Up of Jack's Post
Code: Select all
Perception:  79% [dice]1368667[/dice]   
JIC: [dice]1368667[/dice]/[dice]1368667[/dice]


[b]Meadow Group[/b]
[ooc=Conditions]
[b][color=Blue]On a Ley Line[/color][/b]
[list][size=85][*] Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
[*] Damage is increased by 1 additional die.[/size][/list]
[b][color=Blue]Psi Armor Body Field[/color][/b]
[list][size=85][*] [color=red]70[/color]/70 MDC[/size][/list]
[b][color=Blue]Enhanced Perception[/color][/b]
[size=85]This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl.[/size][/ooc]

Jack moves toward the wall for cover, going to the east side getting away from the zombies. He sees the plasma missiles erupt and thinks about super fueling the blast but he sees the flying tiger flying close by and decides to bring down the flames in the circle, just the circle. Jack increases his abilities to overcome fear. Starts shooting at the closest Zombies. Last two actions reserved for dodge or keeping the flames down so prisoners can escape.

INIT: [dice]1368667[/dice]
APM: 6
Action 1: Runs for cover of the wall (Speed: 20)
Action 2: Extinguish Fires.
[list][size=85][*]Range: 170 feet. [*]Radius of Affect: Jack brings down the flames just around the circle nowhere else (can extinguish a 1,400 foot (61 m) radius) [*]Duration: Permanent; until the fire is reignited. [*]I.S.P. Cost: 4[/size][/list]
Action 3: Suppress Fear (8 ISP)
Action 4: Fires a Burst at the closest enemy to the North with his CP-50. Strike: [dice]1368667[/dice] Damage:[dice]1368667[/dice]
Action 5: Reserved for Dodge: [dice]1368667[/dice]
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge: [dice]1368667[/dice]
Last edited by Jack Killian on Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby William Summers » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 36

Group: Temple

Conditions
[*]Armor of Ithan: RUE P. 202, 15m remaining, 100/100 MDC, 1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM P. 100, 15m remaining, blinds attackers within 10-ft radius, see spell description for other details.
[*]Energy Sphere: 603/800 PPE
[*]Quickaction: +10 to next non-strike roll.
[*]Quickstrike: +7 to next strike/attack roll
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM P. 109, 24m remaining, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P. 14, 12m remaining, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/ impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk Tightrope: 88%, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/ Impact from moving vehicle or explosion/concussive blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 12m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 12m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
[*]Ley Line Proximity: Double range/duration/damage, Will can draw 10PPE/melee. Double magic weapon damage/range.
[*]Personal PPE: 178/178
[*]Captured PPE: 10/356. 60/60 minutes


Ronan wrote:"Cover's blown, we're spotted. Going in before they have a chance to react, don't let any get around us."

Go time. Will smiles under his insectoid themed helmet as he's finally given the signal to do what he loves doing most. Draining Blade in hand, he pumps magic energy into it as he speeds toward the further Xombie. Once he reaches it, he will work on disabling it as quickly as possible. He may seem silent to his teammates, but his mind is abuzz with thoughts about the nature of the Xombies. It's not your fault that you've been made a pawn of supernatural evil. But I cannot suffer you to live. May this free your soul. If he sees the Bone Fiend near the entrance to the Obelisk and Vheld has taken care of the other Xombies, he'll quickly engage the new target instead.



Initiative: 1d20+12 (+1 from Superhuman Agility and Fighting Spirit)
APM: 10 (8+2 from Fighting Spirit)

Draining Blade Info
Every time the target is hit, they must save vs magic or suffer a Life Drain, as per the 7th level spell. A failed save means the victim loses half his hit points and S.D.C., plus speed is reduced by half, the character loses one melee attack, and suffers -10% on skill performance. This attack will affect targets in body armor or power armor, but not anything bigger. M.D. creatures only suffer the 4D6 M.D. The weakness will last for 10 melee rounds, after which the victim begins to regain their hit points and S.D.C. as is normal for their healing ability.


Action 1: Close in with furthest Xombie/Activate Draining Blade (-3 PPE) (TAKES 2 APM)
Action 2: Slash Xombie with Draining Blade (+7 from Quickstrike). Strike: 1d20+18 = 31. Damage: 8d6 = 37 and save vs Magic (see below).
Action 3: Slash Xombie with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 29 (CRIT!). Damage: 8d6 = 35x2=70 and save vs Magic.
Action 4: Slash Xombie with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 29(CRIT!). Damage: 8d6 = 28x2=56 and save vs Magic.
Action 5: Slash Xombie with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 28. Damage: 8d6 = 19 and save vs Magic.
Action 6: Slash Xombie with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 27. Damage: 8d6 = 32 and save vs Magic.
Action 7: Slash Xombie with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 30(CRIT!). Damage: 8d6 = 36x2=72 and save vs Magic.
Action 8: Slash Xombie with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 20. Damage: 8d6 = 21 and save vs Magic.
Action 9: Slash Xombie with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 30(CRIT!). Damage: 8d6 = 29x2=58 and save vs Magic.
Action 10: Slash Xombie with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 14. Damage: 8d6 = 34 and save vs Magic.

Parries: 1d20+16 = 291d20+16 = 291d20+16 = 201d20+16 = 201d20+16 = 211d20+16 = 181d20+16 = 171d20+16 = 291d20+16 = 191d20+16 = 23
Autododge: 1d20+15 = 20(+5 from Superhuman Agility, +10 from Quickaction)

Contingencies
Contingency: If the Xombies are incapacitated via Vheld's Magic Net or Ronan's slashy slashy, Will switches targets to the Bone Fiend using the above rolls. After Vheld has cast his Blinding Flash.

Contingency 2: If there is a magical barrier of some sort that prevents Will from reaching the Bone Fiend, he will spend two actions casting Dispel Magic Barriers to take it down. If the barrier is around the Obelisk but not protecting the Bone Fiend, he'll focus on the Bone Fiend.

Contingency 3: If there are more enemies inside the Obelisk Chamber besides the Bone Fiend, Will switches to one of them while allowing his teammates to take on the Bone Fiend.

Contingency 4: If Will's Armor of Ithan goes down, he will sacrifice an action to cast it on himself again.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:34 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 56
JIC d20: 1d20 = 16
JIC d100: 1d100 = 32
1d20+2 = 14

Lexington Group

Conditions
See Invisible
Crystal Armor 30 MDC + Force Field 70 MDC
Electrokinesis Resistance. The psychic can manipulate his body so to become resistant to electricity. Up to 60,000 volts will inflict no damage or ill effect. Currents greater than 60,000 volts, including lightning and magic electricity, do half damage. 4 ISP

Natural Ability
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% 1d100 = 10

• Range: 170’ To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences



Rocky Listens to all his people and news of the new arrival has him on edge. He hears that they got company. He makes a call in the dark, “Hey we know you're out there, just come around the corner nice and easy. Please respond.”

Rocky hears the loud screams and tries to locate it. “We got a scream out here? I can find out where the people went if you can just wait a minute. John escort our new friend. Keep everyone away from me as I investigate the place.” Rocky heads down and looks around, he asks the others where they have been and heads over away from them to check on something that might have been touched by one of the people at the inn.

Rocky looks at the plates of food and opens his mind eyes (Object Read) He wants to see image where they are now.

Object Read Impressions: 76% 1d100 = 28 . Images: 68% 1d100 = 22 . Present: 58% 1d100 = 46 ISP 6+4.
Last edited by Rocky on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:34 am

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 7 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 6

Lexington Ruins Group

Saul hears the scream from outdoors and immediately draws his TW Shard pistol. This could have been an indicator of the ritual in progress...

Wolf wrote:"Saul, Mierin, get the others inside. I don't know what that was but it was not good news. We need every one to begin looking for a lower level. While the front looks undisturbed there is a bit of a mess back here. No bodies, but some signs of a struggle. Gather everyone in the back room."


"If that scream is the ritual in progress I'll not cower in a back room. We must locate the disturbance at once."

Sense Supernatural Evil 65% 1d100 = 56 (Range: 360' - SUCCESS)

As others notice the shadowy figure of Zion outdoors, Saul takes a defensive position behind the counter.

Rocky wrote:“Hey we know you're out there, just come around the corner nice and easy. Please respond.”


When the strange man approaches the front door, Saul maintains position, but does not fire.

Zion wrote:"Evening, Mon. Fine weather we be havin' to'nite. Looks like I and I forget to tell I bout da weat'ter. I came ill prepared, it looks like. Folks call I, Zion. What ya' dhink bout dat scream just now? Ya' dhink da in trouble? Dhink we could move inside wer she be warmer and dryer? Sometding a 'round here ain't feel'n right."


"I don't sense evil in this one." He isn't wearing any armor... which I find either extremely foolhardy, or an indicator he doesn't require any. I pray it's the latter.

Saul holsters his firearm. "It strikes me that scream could be one of three things. An innocent victim of those upside-down creatures. The upside-down creatures themselves, utilizing some form of auditory bait. Or the ritual, in progress. I think we should investigate, immediately."

Saul moves to the doorway, preparing to exit. "Zion, was it? Could you locate the direction of that scream?" From in here, it just sounded like 'outside', but from outside he may have been able to get a direction.

Wolf wrote:
"Ok I have found the entrance to the basement. I'm not sure if the scream from outside was in relation to the ritual or not but we should finish our search of this place before moving on. If it turns out to be empty it may be a good fall back point should we need it. John you may want to turn back into something a little less noisy, or you could thunder down first and distract the hell out of who ever is down there, your call. I would say get the sneaky melee people in front. I can shoot around you guys with no issues. Mierin you good with that? I know it's a rough plan but it sounds like we have less time then we originally thought."


"Wolf, I must strenuously disagree. That may be a person in distress, and I believe we should immediately assist."

If the team elects to ignore the scream and search the bar. Saul will exit alone, into the night. He will not let a person in distress go ignored. He will attempt to locate the direction of the scream by himself and move in that direction, keeping under the eaves of roofs as much as possible.

If the team is prepared to exit, Saul will move outside with them, sticking as closely as possible to the exterior walls of structures, for use as cover in the event of combat or as slight (if any) protection from the elements.

Land Navigation 58% 1d100 = 75 (attempt to locate the source of the scream and move in that direction - FAIL)
Wilderness Survival 60% 1d100 = 40 (reduce chance of being struck by lightning or other rain-related pitfalls (mudslides, deep water, etc) through choice of path and avoiding typical lightning-attractors - trees, tall metal structures, etc. - SUCCESS)
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 91/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 28 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 13

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 99 (88%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 14 (59%) watching for signs of a possible attack

Lexington Ruins Group

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

Mierin narrows her eyes when she spots in her peripheral vision a man standing outside of the Inn they are currently standing in. She's about to announce his presence to the rest of the group when the newcomer enters the inn of his own volition. Since he doesn't appear to be a threat yet, Mierin doesn't shoot him. She does, however, put her hand casually on her Beretta, just in case. A woman can't be too prepared. Mierin does not return Zion's smile, but gives a slight nod in acknowledgement of the wave. Does he really think a smile and a wave is going to win me over? Mierin thinks to herself, a bit annoyed. Idiot. Since Wolf and the others don't seem to have an issue with Zion, she lets them explain the situation as she continues to make sure there were no signs of trouble headed their way. Let's not get caught off-guard.

Saul holsters his firearm. "It strikes me that scream could be one of three things. An innocent victim of those upside-down creatures. The upside-down creatures themselves, utilizing some form of auditory bait. Or the ritual, in progress. I think we should investigate, immediately."


Mierin shakes her head. ”That's a foolish waste of time. You said it yourself – it could be some kind of bait. We were hired, and I'm using that word loosely in my case, to save everyone. Not one person. If, in the event, this is part of the ritual, we need to stick to the job. If that's the case, you can save the damsel in distress.” Mierin shoots the rest of the group a look of disbelief, as if to say You're not seriously entertaining this idea, are you?
Mierin
ISP: 35/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:49 pm

**Rolls Held Over**


Paranoia Thought Text

Lexington Ruins Group


Wolf takes and let's out a very audible deep breath. Wolf then motions a small denial with is hand directed at Mierin.
So, whatcha going to do now?...you are not helping...you didn't answer my question...No I didn't. let's see, we have the basement and this place where everyone seems to have vanished from. We have a scream from unknown individual, unknown motivations. Zion just showed up out of the blue. Saul wants to check out the scream...Not a good idea, no telling what is out there...he may die without help, not sure of how many others want to go with him, he is with Rocky so maybe Rocky can talk some sense into him...So, that's not your call. I f He want's to through his life away why should we stop him?...If he is going to through his life away then it will be to our benefit, this would benefit no one...Wow, cold, I like it.

Wolf regards Saul and appear to be taking Saul's words under consideration. "Saul, if you were to go looking for this scream what would you do? What plan of action would you have? I get wanting to save people, that is why we are here after all." Wolf shoots a sly grin and wink to Mierin, "Well most of us. But regardless of that, if you go charging straight at every thing that screams, it will not help you or those you wish to help. We still need you to help locate and disrupt this ritual. What if, in giving in to your emotions and pursuing the scream we lose the ability to fight the ritual? If you can give me a definite direction or location of the scream, I will seriously consider taking action. However barring that, I wish that you remain with us until your leader Rocky has completed his...well whatever he is doing. He says he can tell us where these people went to, so I say let him. Give him a few moments to shed light on what happened here so we may proceed in a direction where we will succeed in our mission. If he can link the ritual to the scream then we may proceed. However if he doesn't then I will not jeopardize the world to save one person. There is much more at stake then any one life. Even you must see that. I ask you to look to the knowledge you hold dear. What has it said about times like these? About the sacrifices made to ensure the survival of the many, at the expense of the few?" Wolf pauses and hangs his head slightly, spilling the last remnants of water on the floor. "These are not the decisions, or discussions, I though I would be making when i got to MercTown, that's for sure. Look Saul I can't stop you from leaving, I'm flying by the seat of my pants. But I do know if we secure this location first It will give us a place we are sure is safe. If we run out now we leave our backs exposed. So please, stay for a few more moments, and lets see what Rocky discovers."
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:57 am

(Rolls carried over)

Mierin wrote:"We were hired, and I'm using that word loosely in my case, to save everyone. Not one person. "


Wolf wrote:"What if, in giving in to your emotions and pursuing the scream we lose the ability to fight the ritual?"


Saul stops in his tracks, as the words of his colleagues weigh in his mind. The internal war between head and heart shows in his fists, which clench and unclench rapidly.

It's the Trolley Problem. Shall I save one or many.

Under his breath he whispers "Sorry" and turns around.

For a moment, Saul's civility is gone. Murder is apparent in his eyes. Then it is gone. He marches toward the back room, jaw set. He has chosen to stay with the group.

"Let's get this done then."
Last edited by Saul on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 91/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:32 am

(((Rolls Carry Over )))

"If that scream is the ritual in progress I'll not cower in a back room. We must locate the disturbance at once."


Rocky listens to Saul, and speaks up about the scream

Saul holsters his firearm. "It strikes me that scream could be one of three things. An innocent victim of those upside-down creatures. The upside-down creatures themselves, utilizing some form of auditory bait. Or the ritual, in progress. I think we should investigate, immediately.

Saul moves to the doorway, preparing to exit. "Zion, was it? Could you locate the direction of that scream?" From in here, it just sounded like 'outside', but from outside he may have been able to get a direction.


Rocky hates this tactic of splitting the group, "Hold on I may have some information on where they went. , also this group sticks together , we don't need to be going around and dividing ourselves into smaller groups."
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:59 am

Perception: 1d100 = 76 / 73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 38

RUINS GROUP

CONDITIONS: John is Pebbles and maximum size. See Invisible.

John is about to go outside with Saul when the group talks the man down.

"My guess is it's a giant monster about to attack us. Maybe Saul's feet-for-hands people. If you can make a quick search of downstairs, I'll stay up here to watch our backs. If this ISN'T the entrance to the ritual, there's a possible old staircase that looked collapsed out in the ruins. I would think they'd need something a bit more sizable, though."

He glances over at Zion. "You should probably leave this guy with me, so I can squish him when he inevitably betrays us."
Last edited by John Altfeld on Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:12 am

**Rolls Held Over**

Lexington Ruins group

Paranoid Thought Text


Wolf let's Saul express his emotions without interference. The monkey has a temper. You better watch him...I know.

After John pipes up, Wolf will turn back to the group. "Ok Mierin You and I are up front Saul, Rocky behind us. John make sure nothing comes up behind us, and make sure Zion behaves himself. Let make this quick." Wolf will nod to John then begin moving into the basement.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:11 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image


Meadow Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2030.25
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Northeast of the Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Daphne (MARS; Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
----Tony the Tiger-Bot (Lahz's)--shadowing Lahz
Felix (MARS, flying solo)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Zed (Roughnecks; flying solo)

Zed considers what spells would be most useful as he approaches from the South and finds a somewhat sturdy tree to land on. He quickly casts a protective spell, before taking in the sight of the huge conflagration and the necromancers hard at work before deciding on a truly exhausting spell to begin to weave. Daphne fires a pair of armor piercing mini-missiles at the humanoids lurking in the trees to the Northeast. The impact is muffled compared to most mini-missiles as these are of the armor piercing variety. She then switches to her fighter’s pulse cannons, and lays down a barrage at the two humanoids’ position. The Harvesters shout among the sudden onset of explosions and gunfire. The Xombies start to converge toward Jack. The strange humanoids with the long, bizarre arms among the trees to the Northwest seem to hide among the trees. The putrid, emaciated zombie-like humanoids to the East of the fire and on the back of the ATV (Unknowns 5 & 7) react quickly as combat explodes. The one on the back of the ATV swivels the big gun to the south and blasts Lahz’s giant metal minion while the other starts to run toward the opening in the wall as it fires bursts of laser fire at the other putrid being’s target: Tony. The being’s aim is nearly as horrible as its appearance, however, and the burst goes wide. Lahz launches a volley of four plasma mini-missiles at the same targets as Daphne, and at very nearly the same time. While Daphne’s missiles only caused a loud “thud,” the plasma missiles turn the clump of trees into a massive blaze. Fire and smoke immediately erupt on a large, if localized scale. Felix wills himself to be brave through the power of his mind as he sweeps through the sky towards the battle. Tony, despite having taken a few hits, launches toward the back of the ATV, reaching it in short order. The other putrid looking beings near the wall (Unknowns 6 & 8) also begin to converge toward the gap in the wall. Daphne doesn’t see the movement among the Northeastern copse of blazing trees, but Felix and Lahz do, and they’re a bit taken aback by what they see after the salvo of missiles turns the copse of trees in an inferno. The pair of humanoids (Unknowns 1 & 2) rush out of the fire trailing smoke behind them and shedding smoldering scraps of armor and clothing as they run to the West towards the ATV. they’re incredibly fleet of foot, and nearly on top of the ATV’s position by the time Tony reaches it.

Daphne fire another pair of mini-missiles at the second of the two humanoids (Unknown 2) which blast the field around it, but the rockets don’t find their mark. A bolt of lightning smashes down from the heavens and shatters Zed’s magical force field with a single strike. Harvester 2 is suddenly enveloped in an inky cloud of black which surrounds him. The Xombies continue to converge in a hurry with Xombie 2 reaching Jack’s position nearly as he does. The Xombie, a girl in her early twenties with chestnut brown hair, ample curves, and utterly blank, soulless eyes, swings a fist at him and connects hard.with his NE-BA-50’s helmet, causing his ears to ring. Unknown 7, being point blank as Tony reaches his mounted weapon station, catches Tony flat-footed with a blue-white blast of energy as he’s reaching the mount on the back of the ATV. Lahz rushes forward and hurdles over the wall to get a clearer, up-close picture of the unfolding battle. Felix drops a plasma grenade while flying over the blazing trees, adding further fuel and heat to the fire. Jack extinguishes the fire he could the lighting the sky over the wall. Tony rushes at the gunner with his silver vibroblade, but the putrid gunner ducks back and deftly avoids the slashing blow. Unknown 6 hurls its putrid self upon Lahz’s war machine somewhere out of sight, but Lahz can feel its weight slightly imbalancing the big machine. The back feels too heavy, the ghastly thing must be on Lahz’s back. Unknowns 1&2 each blast Tony with a different energy weapon as it pursues destroying the gunner.

Daphne’s having a hell of a time keeping her fighter in hover during the thunderstorm, and she can tell by the effects on her aim as her pulse blasts fall wide of their mark as she maneuvers to track her targets’ movement across the field below. The Xombie on Jack continues to press its attack while the second one veers off as Minerva becomes an apparent target of opportunity. Jacks ducks the woman’s swinging fist, but Minerva’s so focused that she the first thing she notices is the impact of a wet fist. The integrity of her psionic crystal armor fails, and the impact feels like a jackhammer leveled against body, and she’s suddenly grateful for the skin-tight suit she’s wearing beneath. One of the putrid beings sends a burst into the tree beneath Zed on which he's perched, causing him to fall to the next branch below, disrupting his complex invocation, while the other tries, but fails, to blast Tony at close quarters. Lahz fires a barrage of laser fire at one of the humanoids crossing the field (unknown 2), the being seems to ignore the withering hail of lasers, but Lahz can see tatters of armor dripping from its body as molten ceramic and megasteel. Jack suppresses his fear through his own inner strength as Tony again tries to cleave his target, but with similar success as his target’s own efforts. The putrid being (Unknown 6) on Lahz’s suit does things unseen as it’s on his back, meanwhile the other similar putrid being (Unknown 8) closes the distance to those on the far side of the wall. Unknowns 1 & 2 boggle the minds of those who see them as they leap bodily through the air like superhumans, landing feet first atop Tony, and knocking him off of the top of the ATV with the speed and force of the impact though Tony’s able to deflect the first inbound humanoid projectile.

Zed scrambles to his feet amidst the branches of the tree, his potential psychic energy exhausted, and himself woefully unprotected for the raging battle ensuing around him. Daphne continues to pour fire at the humanoid figures (Unknown 2) assaulting Tony, trying to be careful not to blast Lahz’s robot minion in the process. Harvester 2 arcs lightning from an outstretched hand which catches Felix in the chest moments before he lands atop the necromancer in a flying jump kick, knocking the necromancer back a half step and revealing the shimmering field which surrounds him like a second skin. A barely discernible (seen only by Lahz & Felix), shimmering wall of magical energy which seems to be composed of moving shadows manifests in front of Harvester 1. The Xombies attacking Jack and Minerva each land blows on them, Jack’s armor and Minerva’s cloak soaking up the punishment. Unknown 7, no longer pressed by Tony’s assaults remounts the big mounted weapon while Unknown 5 sends inaccurate burst fire at Lahz’s passing Marauder. Lahz fires a barrage of laser fire Unknown 2 which misses, but thankfully doesn’t strike and slag his robotic assistant. Seeing that his ranged fire is suboptimal, he begins closing on Tony’s position where the humanoids (Unknown 1 & 2) have converged. Jack blasts the Xombie assaulting him at near point-blank range with his CP -50 burning a hole through the woman’s side. The putrid being (Unknown 6) on Lahz’s suit does things unseen as it’s on his back, meanwhile the other similar putrid being (Unknown 8) slashes Jack’s armor with wicked clawed hands. Unknowns 1 & 2 and Tony begin trading blows, they with their fists, and Tony with his silver-coated weapons.

Daphne fires more cannon blasts among the grouped figures near the ATV even as she sights Lahz’s power armor striding quickly toward the scene. She can’t tell if her shots landed, missed, or who they struck. Felix feels a tingle in his mind which quickly passes, but which he suspects was a failed magical assault on his senses. Harvester 1 stalks a bit to the Southwest as he draws a pistol. Unknown 7 targets and tries to blast Lahz’s inbound Marauder, but Lahz jigs and throws off the aim of the shot, as he closes to melee with Unknown 2 and swings the TX-H1-S Electro-Mace to good effect. The blow lands and seems to get the thing’s attention, but it maintains its attacks on Tony with laser-like focus. Felix leg hooks Harvester 2, knocking the necromancer on his ass as his feet fly out from beneath him. The putrid being (Unknown 6) on Lahz’s suit does things unseen as it’s on his back, meanwhile the other similar putrid being (Unknown 8) slashes Jack’s armor with wicked clawed hands. Unknowns 1 & 2 and Tony continue to trade blows, and it’s clear that Tony’s attacks are effective when they land, but his opponents are clearly getting the better of him.

Daphne pours more cannon fire down at the scene, but she can barely make heads or tails of the confusion down below given the close proximity of so many combatants to one another. At this point, she’s nearly as likely to blast Lahz or his robot as one of the unknown hostiles they’re engaging. Harvester 1 leers over the battle near the ATV and a writhing mass of tentacles appear beneath Lahz’s Marauder’s feet, drastically reducing his defensive ability as the Marauder is stuck in place like a mosquito caught in amber (Carpet of Adhesion). Harvester 2 scrambles to his feet as Felix yells for the nearest group of prisoners to run, and the four scared mobs begin to dash South toward the gap in the wall. Minerva manifests her purple psi-sword and stands ready to defend herself at last. Unknowns 1 & 2 and Tony continue to trade blows, and it’s clear that Tony’s attacks are effective when they land, but his opponents are clearly giving him a thorough pounding even with Lahz pounding the back of Unknown 2 with his Marauder’s huge mace.

Map
Image


For Felix
damage--> 5d6+17 = 38 M.D. (all hand to hand damage, including P.S. bonus, is M.D. when Felix's force field is up) x2 (Natural 20) = 76 M.D.

No. Your order of operations is wrong. Base damage is doubled from critical strike, not all damage added together and then doubled.
So, it should read 21 (Base)x2=42+17 (P.S. bonus)=59 M.D. (BTW, I had to see WTF caused the S.D.C. blows to turn to M.D.--that psionic force field is cool! Didn't even know that was a special thing!)


GM NOTES:
  • You're somewhat Northeast of the Lexington Ruins.
  • Daphne, Felix, and Zed can choose to arrive on the map from any direction--state from which direction you wish to approach in your next posts.
  • Lahz/Tony & Minerva/Jack arrive along the southern edge--state where (along an east/west axis) you wish to arrive along that edge.
  • You have a default 2% chance to be struck by lightning, 5% if in heavy armor/PA/RCV/vehicle, 10% if flying.




Lexington Ruins Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2010.25
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Zion (MARS)

Wolf leaves the larder and checks the other open door behind the bar. The door leads to a back patio with open storm doors which reveal a set of stairs leading down. He returns to the main room. A stranger appears, and the group has a great deal of discussion regarding the stranger, the cries from outside, Saul’s moral imperatives and the consequences of said imperative.

Meanwhile, Rocky object reads a dinner plate left on the bar.
Object Read
  • Impressions include: the previous user’s alignment was selfish, his general emotional state of mind was a mix of happy and nervous, the object's general purpose is as a delivery platform for calories, the last user is living, the item has not been used with/by magic or supernatural forces. The plate is not enchanted, nor does it harbor a supernatural force/entity.
  • Images include: a meal being eaten off of the plate, but interrupted suddenly as the man just got up and left.
  • Present: the diner is currently huddled, frightened for his life, in some dark chamber with a dozen or so other people. The walls are loose, ancient, stone work, and outside the chamber it is relatively silent save for the faint chanting of a single voice.

Saul definitely senses supernatural evil within the scope of his senses.
Map
Image


GM NOTE:
  • You're in the heart of the Lexington Ruins.
  • You have a default 2% chance to be struck by lightning, 5% if in heavy armor/PA/RCV/vehicle, 10% if flying (all if outside).




Temple Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2200.25
Environmental Effects: 85°, oppressively humid; night time/dark
Ley Line: 5 miles long, 500' thick, East-West axis, centered on Temple Mound; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: in the wilderness South of Stormspire & East-Northeast of Dunscon; perhaps an hour from the region/forest known as Soulharvest

Order of Battle
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Brokswa (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Bel'Dar (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)

Ronan keys his radio, "Cover's blown, we're spotted. Going in before they have a chance to react, don't let any get around us." He triggers his lightblade and leaps to attack a nearby xombie whose flesh he senses to be in a state of undeath; alive yet unconnected to a soul or mind. Vheld activates his talisman of invincible armor. The Xombies rush in to strike at those within a short distance, but seem to recoil in mid-swing, and thus all their attacks are quite off and easily deflected. A few in the team recognize the Bone Fiends on sight as one opens the door behind it before rushing toward Vheld. Behind the first, another emerges from the doorway and follows suit. A grotesque humanoid with wide-open, empty body cavities appears from the East end of the vestibule, followed shortly by a second. Both are armed with energy rifles.

Vheld casts a disabling spell on Xombie #2, trapping it beneath a web of magic fibers, but the undead are now in such close proximity to his teammates that he cannot cast another without running the serious risk of trapping them under a net with one of the undead. The Xombies’ strikes are awkward but one manages a glancing blow to Will’s magic force field, and another lands a stunningly lucky blow to Ronan’s even as the Arismal is in mid-leap and descending upon him. The pair of Bone Fiends dashes in at Vheld with vibro swords & shields in hand. One manages to land a remarkable strike even as both seem to recoil from the faint blue aura surrounding the mage. The gutless undead unload burst laser fire at Vheld whose magical protection easily soaks up the punishment. Will closes with the most Westerly Xombie as he activates his draining blade

Ronan leap attacks the closest Xombie with his lightblade, and cleaves a huge rift from shoulder to groin with the blow. Vheld casts a supercharged blinding flash on the obelisk chamber, but the spell seems to have little discernible effect. The strikes of the Bone Fiends and Xombies’ are ineffective and badly off their targets. The gutless undead pour more burst laser fire into Vheld’s protective magics as Will slashes Xombie #1 with his draining blade rending a big gash along the inside of one arm as it tries to block the blow.

Ronan slashes the undead woman in approximately the same manner as previously and watches as her body is cleaved in twain and falls in a bloody heap to the stairs. Vheld activates his storm staff. The Xombie Will is facing down lands another lucky blow, somewhat shivering his magically protective field. Meanwhile, Vheld is facing down two Bone Fiends who’ve focused their attention on him alone, but both are so repulsed by the light blue aura around him that they fail to connect with their vibro-weapons. The gutless undead, however, manage to concentrate fire and continue to whittle away at his magic defenses. Will’s blade strikes true and cleanly dispatches the young, soulless man with tawny hair with a powerful blow. The young man’s soulless corpse collapses and bleeds out in a huge pool from the vicious wound.

Ronan slashes the nearby Bone Fiend #2 with his blades to draw some attention away from Vheld as the mage continues towards the East temple entrance. The Bone Fiends seem unable to land blows against the teammates through anything but sheer luck due to the light blue magic aura. Will dashes to nearby Vheld’s aid with a devastating blow from his blade which staggers the skeletal undead back a step, giving Vheld a little more breathing room. Ronan continues to cleave away at the Bone Fiend #2 which gives Vheld the space to toss the one void grenade on his chest rig into the chamber, targeting a literally gutless undead armed with a rifle. A well of blackness appears beneath it and the undead vanishes from sight. Will again slashes Bone Fiend #1 with his draining blade, forcing it back another step.

Ronan continues to hammer the Bone Fiend #2 with slashes from his blades as Vheld fires a lightning bolt at it, reducing it to a pile of scorched bones at last. Will cracks more of the Bone Fiend’s #1 bones with another blow from his magic blade, but it’s Ronan’s blade that dispatches the unholy adversary. Vheld blasts the remaining gutless undead at the top of the dais with a lightning bolt only for Will to dash up the steps and dispatch it with a terrific blow from his draining blade.

Throughout the fight Seymour lingers to one side, trying to remain unnoticed while he directs his drones. He sends one to follow Ronan and send the other up ahead to the top of the stairs in the vestibule proper. The little NG Floaters seem to go relatively unnoticed, and via his gauntlet he's able to add literal foresight to the group's intelligence about this dark and dangerous place. From what drone sends back, Seymour gathers that the chamber immediately off to the West is some kind of library and likely home to some dark rituals (as well as some undead thing rushing out to meet them!), but the chamber to the East is more poorly lit, and so he's able to discern very little.

Adversaries known & unknown
ImageImageImage

Map
Image


GM NOTES:
  • You're in the very heart of Soulharvest.
  • There's apparently only one way in or out of the temple.


What are your intentions?

Notes/Gripes:
  • Will came in last on initiative as he did not have a roll posted--proofread your posts!
  • Also, total your rolls! It's unreasonable to expect your GM to total your rolls for you! "please add" is unreasonable & will be ignored in the future.


GM NOTES:
  • BE MINDFUL OF WHICH GROUP YOU'RE IN! (Don't make my mistake) Expand the Order of Battle tag to verify with whom you're traveling before posting.
  • Reminder: Skill checks are ignored which don't also have explanation as to what they're being used to achieve.


Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

ATRV:
Jack Killian: -61 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots, Psychic Body Field & Enhanced Perception; -47 to Psychic Body Field
NE-ATRV:
Ray the Robot:
William Summers: -197 P.P.E., -58 MD;
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 67 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Quickaction: +10 to next non-strike roll.
  • Quickstrike: +7 to next strike/attack roll
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; -38 M.D.C. from FF
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Vheld: (Sustain active) -186 P.P.E.; -1 charges/invincible armor talisman; cloak of darkness; -16 S.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor: 131 M.D.C. (-15% to physical skills)
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Silhouette:
Sshir:
Slithn:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
Rocky: -10 I.S.P.
Saul: -6 P.P.E.; Wings: 30 minutes of Fly as the Eagle remaining
Felix: -8 I.S.P.
Ernstweavel:
Cargonaut:
Seymour:
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Ronan: -45 personal M.D.C.
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 72 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Wolf Whitaker:
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Minerva: -27 I.S.P.; -30 M.D. to Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Forcfield: 70/-22 M.D.C.
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Marauder PA: LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; N-F50A Force Field: -53 M.D.
Lahz: (Sustain active), -10 I.S.P.
Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter: -100 M.D. to Main Body, -4 AP mini-missiles
Daphne:
John Altfeld:
Brokswa:
Bel'Dar:
Tony the Tiger-Bot: Cyborg Armor Destroyed; -180 Main Body M.D.C.
Zed: -35 P.P.E.; Fly as the Eagle activated at 2000; AoI popped
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:38 am

JiC: 1d100 = 89 / 1d20 = 12
Perception [33%]: 1d100 = 27
[Personal Roll (disregard): 1d20 = 6]

Intelligence [59%]: 1d100 = 22 (Identify which enemies in the room are the greatest threat / Apply knowledge)
Prowl [59%]: 1d100 = 85 (Room clearing as needed, stealthy/quiet // Controlled Movement, quiet running/jumps/lands)
Detect Ambush [59%]: 1d100 = 10 (Ronan remains alert at all times for ambush points, bottlenecks and the like. Both to be used by him and against)
Current Conditions:
Current Personal M.D.C.: 279 / 294 (After activating Lightblade)

Armor of Ithan ( Remaining: 14:45:00 | 72/100 MDC) || Chromatic Protection ( Remaining: 10:00:00 | Blinds melee attackers within 20ft) || SH Speed ( Remaining: 23:45:00 | Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.) || SH Agility ( Remaining: 11:45:00 | +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact) || SH Strength ( Remaining: 11:45:00 | ) || Fighting Spirit ( Remaining: 11:45:00 | +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw)


Temple Group

What in the name of Atlas are these. They feel alive only... empty; this was a person. What the hell can do this to a person? Ronan furrows his brow from under his helm and scowls as the last enemy drops to his blade This is rather efficient. He mentally notes.

He triggers his radio, "These things are like husks, alive and empty. What can do this?" He asks with no real expectation of an answer mid-combat and then he immediately looks up towards the well of darkness that Vheld created with his little grenade with wide eyes. He glances at Vheld and adds, "I want ordnance like that." He says in passing to Vheld as he moves up the stairs to the left, avoiding the large well of darkness.

The moment Ronan has eyes on and knows he is within jumping distance of the Bone Fiend in the library atop the stairs, he will leap towards that Bone Fiend into the room with the Lightblade. He then proceeds to remove different parts of it's skeletal structure, starting with the head and arms while mentally cursing the accursed creature with an assortment of colorful language. I. Hate. You. Blasted. Things.

Contingencies change upon entering the room attacking the Bone Fiend.
IF, the room is mostly occupied by the Bone Fiend and a few Xombies, Ronan will radio that how many enemies he sees in the room as he lands and if any seem worthy of being a target. Ronan will abandon the Bone Fiend (for now) if he sees a robed or alive and evil looking humanoid, or if anything goes after his teammates. He is also keeping a watchful eye for a suitable water source to be used as a weapon, actively trying to sense water. Ronan queues his radio with the number of enemies and room situation. "Library is occupied with X hostile(s). Seymour, can one of your floater camera's watch our six?"

If more than four combatants: Ronan queues his radio with the number of enemies and room situation. "4 plus hostiles in the library, enter with care. I'll try to corral them." And will then try to corral them all to him, hopefully though his leaping did that for him.

If he identifies an enemy mage: "Enemy Mage!" He will call out over the radio. They all seem to need to speak... He will then move away from the Bone Fiend and sprint to the mage in a body block attempt, using the direct contact to grapple and paralyze their vocal cords using FleshWorks: Paralysis Flesh. Unless Vheld or Wak specifically say not to kill it before he does so, Ronan isn't concerned with prisoners and fully plans to impale the mage with his Lightblade.

IF, the room is scarcely occupied with combatants beyond the Bone Fiend, Ronan will hack the boney bastard up and then move to clear the room completely. He will check doors that seem to be closets, passageways and other hiding spots for any uninvited room guests that need evicting or potential sources of water he can use offensively or defensively. He will actively be attempting to sense a water source within 1,000ft of him (or spot). Should Ronan find anything of note to the mission, safety or anything out of place during his safety sweep of the room, he will inform Vheld and Wak. "Room Clear. Seymour, can one of your floater camera's watch our six?"

Combat Post Data
APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 14

Parries: 1d20+13 = 32 | 1d20+13 = 17 | 1d20+13 = 15 | 1d20+13 = 21 | 1d20+13 = 18 | 1d20+13 = 17 | 1d20+13 = 30 | 1d20+13 = 19 |

Dodges [4 Paired Weapons Actions Sacrificial for Dodge for if he spots big bads or heavy hits coming his way]: 1d20+16 = 22 | 1d20+16 = 29 | 1d20+16 = 18 | 1d20+16 = 34 |

A1-2: Verbal Chatter | Leap Attack to Bone Fiend 3. || Strike: 1d20+12 = 30 [Crit 18-20] | DMG: 1d6*10 = 50 x2 = 100 M.D.C.
A3: Slashy slashy | Strike: 1d20+12 = 25 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 30 || Strike: | DMG: 1d6*10 = 30
A4: Slashy slashy | Strike: 1d20+12 = 14 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 30 || Strike: 1d20+12 = 15 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 30
A5: Slashy slashy | Strike: 1d20+12 = 28 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 10 || Strike: 1d20+12 = 29 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 20
A6: Slashy slashy | Strike: 1d20+12 = 20 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 20 || Strike: 1d20+12 = 20 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 60
A7: Slashy slashy | Strike: 1d20+12 = 28 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 20 || Strike: 1d20+12 = 22 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 10
A8: Slashy slashy | Strike: 1d20+12 = 25 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 20 || Strike: 1d20+12 = 14 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 30

Combat Contingency:
Ronan will sacrifice his slashy slashy time for the following ;;

To dodge or parry on an as needed basis. So long as his Armor of Ithan is up, he isn't worried about much in ways of dodging. He will attempt to garner all of the attention from the enemies in the room should there be multiple.

If there is a noticeable mage or other key enemy, Ronan will immediate switch targets to that one and a sprint and Body Block to grapple and then use Fleshworks: Paralysis Flesh on their throat to prevent any vocal casting from being done while Ronan attempts to stab/cut it.
[Save is 14+: Note the save doesn't actually give away the attempted paralysis]
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:52 am

Temple Group

Initiative: 1d100 = 54
JIC: 1d100 = 32, 1d100 = 67
PER: 1d100 = 46 vs. 76%
APM: 9
Conditions
[*]Cloak of Darkness- R:UE P. 200, 65.5m remaining, self+5ft. radius, opponents striking from a distance are -3 to strike (-1 if using thermal-optics or similar)
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM P. 100, 14.5m remaining, blinds attackers within 10-ft radius, see spell description for other details.
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM P. 109, 23.5m remaining, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P. 14, 11.5m remaining, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/ impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk Tightrope: 88%, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/ Impact from moving vehicle or explosion/concussive blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 11.5m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 11.5m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
[*]Dimension Sense: 90% skill, Vheld will detect any dimension-based magic (including teleports, opening of portals, etc.) that occurs, 9.5m remaining. If dimension magic is detected, Vheld can attempt to alter the course of the spell; see R:UE P. 121-122 for details.
[*]Ley line proximity: Double range/duration/damage, Vheld can draw 10PPE/melee.
[*]Invincible armor: 136/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc. 53.75m remaining. BoM P. 121.
[*]Mystic portal: 19.75m remaining, R:UE P. 219-20.
[*]Magic net: 9.75m remaining, R:UE P. 205-6. Takes two melee rounds to cut free with MD weapons.
[*]Storm staff active: 4.75m remaining, Vheld is impervious to non-magical energy attacks and can fire up to four lightning bolts each melee
Time to minions' arrival
Sil: Spd 90x5 = 450 yds/melee; one round to arrival.
Bel'Dar/Sshir: Spd 130*5 = 650 yds/melee; one round to arrival.
Brokswa: ARRIVED.
Slithn: Spd 15*5 = 75 yds/melee; 11 rounds to arrival.


Lore: Magic- 1d100 = 10 vs. 94%
To assess the effect of lifeblast on the various minions presented thus far- Xombies, bone fiends, gutless guys (if distinct)
Lore: Magic- 1d100 = 46 vs. 94%
To assess the effect of turn dead on the various minions presented thus far- Xombies, bone fiends, gutless guys (if distinct)

Invincible armor regeneration for this round: 1d6 = 5 MDC

While his armor is a little worse for wear, Vheld nonetheless allows himself a satisfied nod as the group moves into the temple entrance. The initial defenses have largely been neutralized, Vheld's minions should (mostly) be arriving soon, and they might even still have an opportunity to catch the temple's defenders off-guard. So far so good, but don't get cocky. Vheld briefly considers his arsenal- including the likely effects of his standard anti-undead spells.

Right on cue, Brokswa emerges from Vheld's mystic portal. Upon seeing the plasma demon, Vheld commands him "Destroy any necromancers, Xombies, or undead that you find. Steer clear of the void field." He adds with a gesture to his void grenade's area of effect.

If their prior battle is any indication, Brokswa is more than up to the task of finishing off the few remaining undead in the opening foyer, so Vheld pays them no further heed. Making sure that he also gives the void area a healthy berth, Vheld strides inside- taking particular note of the library on his left as he enters. Well well. This venture may be even more profitable than I imagined. He will follow Ronan in there- if Seymour or any of the others looks to the shifter for guidance, he will wave for them to follow.

Before anything else, however, priority will be to clear the space of hostiles. For starters that means the bone fiend. Once the library is secure, Vheld will see if he can locate the ritual going on through either mundane (hearing) or magical (dimension sense) means, and quickly take stock of the library's contents. After Sil, Bel'Dar, and Sshir emerge from the portal (which should occur slightly before the end of this round) Vheld will bellow "Bel'Dar! Attend me!"

Action 1: Orders to Brokswa.
Action 2: Lightning bolt on bone fiend. 1d20+7 = 12 to strike, 6d6 = 20 MD.
Action 3: Lightning bolt on bone fiend. 1d20+7 = 13 to strike, 6d6 = 20 MD.
Action 4: Lightning bolt on bone fiend. 1d20+7 = 25 to strike, 6d6 = 21 MD.
Action 5: Lightning bolt on bone fiend. 1d20+7 = 19 to strike, 6d6 = 18 MD.
Actions 6-9: Reserved for moving into the library and contingencies as follows.

Auto-parries: 1d20+13 = 29, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 29, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 14, 1d20+13 = 24, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 18, 1d20+13 = 25
Auto-dodges: 1d20+5 = 22, 1d20+5 = 7, 1d20+5 = 12, 1d20+5 = 14, 1d20+5 = 24, 1d20+5 = 6, 1d20+5 = 13, 1d20+5 = 19, 1d20+5 = 22

Contingencies
Iin order of priority from most to least:
1) If another hostile target reveals itself after the bone fiend is destroyed and Vheld still has lightning bolts he can fire this round, he will do so.
2) If Vheld's invincible armor is depleted, he will reactivate it using his talisman.
3) If any enemy spellcasters are present and visible as Vheld moves into the library, he will quickly cast barrage on them ((-2 actions, -15 PPE, not deducted)), in order of their apparent level of threat.
4) If a larger number of enemies appears to be heading their way from another room within the temple, Vheld will cast carpet of adhesion on the floor by their approach [color=red]((-10 PPE, not deducted)).
5) If other undead or xombies are identified within the library but no spell-casters or reinforcements are immediately evident, Vheld will target them with barrage instead (as above), prioritizing anything with a ranged weapon.
6) In the absence of any immediate threats, Vheld will take a quick look at the library for anything that looks like the journal he was sent to retrieve.


Brokswa
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 24
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 68
APM: 5

More than ready to begin smashing things with his hammer, Brokswa will take his ire out on the Xombie attempting to fight free of Vheld's net. Should anything else appear in the foyer to challenge him, Brokswa will repeat the procedure, then fly towards Vheld and await further instructions (or continue pounding any hostiles that are still moving at this point).

Action 1: Smashy smashy! 1d20+6 = 19 to strike, 2d12 = 12 + 4d6 = 17 = 29 MD
Action 2: Smashy smashy! 1d20+6 = 18 to strike, 2d12 = 16 + 4d6 = 16 = 32 MD
Action 3: Smashy smashy! 1d20+6 = 10 to strike, 2d12 = 18 + 4d6 = 12 = 30 MD
Action 4: Smashy smashy! 1d20+6 = 7 to strike, 2d12 = 17 + 4d6 = 16 = 33 MD
Action 5: Smashy smashy! 1d20+6 = 11 to strike, 2d12 = 20 + 4d6 = 14 = 34 MD

Auto-parries: 1d20+10 = 14, 1d20+10 = 29, 1d20+10 = 29, 1d20+10 = 15, 1d20+10 = 23

Contingencies: If Brokswa is reduced to half his MDC or less (takes more than 66 MD) he will sacrifice an action to activate his own talisman of invincible armor.
Last edited by Vheld on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 247/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's invincible armor talisman.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:49 am

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 11 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 10
1d100 = 82

Lexington Ruins Group

As they approach the basement stair, Saul informs the group of the results of his attenuation to the supernatural, "Colleagues, we are definitively in the presence of supernatural evil. Be on your guard."

Sau's lip involuntarily curls into a sneer - baring his fangs - as he moves closer to the basement entrance, ready to descend. I hope that ritual is taking place here - but I do hope they haven't gotten far. I have heard of truly vile rituals but... I don't know what to expect.

With that, Saul activates the Shadow Meld feature of his Mage armor (-10 PPE) and melts into the shadows to descend the basement stair unnoticed, trusting his sixth sense to alert him of any impending danger.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 91/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 37 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 78

Paranoid Thought Text

Lexington Ruins Group


Congratulations you got everyone to move the same direction. What happens when they realize you're just using them?...Aren't we all just using each other? Some, like Mierin, want money and fame, just like us. Saul seems to be the good sort given how he wanted to charge into who knows what to save whatever that was. At least with Mierin I know where I stand. Get the job done and you don't become the job...And when you DO become the job?...When that does happen we will be ready. When we get into combat it will show what everyone can do. Luckily I don't see Saul stabbing someone in the back...You sure about that?...He is more likely to challenge straight up. Hitting someone from behind would likely violate his principles...You better be right about that. If not you won't likely live to regret it...I know.

Saul wrote:Saul activates Shadow Meld and melts into the shadows

The monkey is full of surprises. Wolf turns to John and Zion. "John I will radio you if we need help down there. Good luck up here."

Once the rest of the group gets to the stairs Wolf will proceed down them as quietly as he can. Wolf, both NE-6SL's in hand, moves ready for anything.
Prowl-- 1d100 = 94/55% (Move quietly into the basement)(Not today. Wolf moves quite loudly.) Can you move any louder? I'm not sure I can hear the thunder anymore...Fuck off. You're not helping.
If at any time the area below the inn becomes to dark to see, Wolf will pull down his multi-optics band and activate the night vision or IR vision, whichever gives him the better view. Range 200'.
Last edited by Wolf Whitaker on Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Minerva » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 48/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 54

Group: Meadows
Conditions
  • H.P.: 104/104
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 305/390
    Psi-Sword
  • Damage: 8D6 (6D6 base + 1 die from ley line +1D6 from fencing) Double vs Xombies and Harvesters.
  • Duration: 60/60 minutes
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 5/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield (Active)
  • 48/70 MDC
  • 3/4 Activations
    Stalker Suit
  • 12/12 MDC
    Cloak of Protection
  • 50/50 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • Impervious to Fire
    Ring of Invisibility (Inactive)
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 3/3 Activations
    Ring of Resist Fire (Inactive)
  • 0/2 hours
  • 3/3 Activations
    On a Ley Line
  • Can use 1D6+1 ISP per melee round. Can not be stored.
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.


Beset by the undead, lightning and rain, Minerva is finally ready to fight. Absorbing some ley line energy 1d6+1 = 2, she first aims to take down the Xombie attacking her, then to help her teammates who are swarmed. Grabbing the Unknown 6 from Lahz's back using her unsurpassed Telekinetic ability, she slams it face down into the Carpet of Adhesion that has Lahz stuck. Then she grabs Harvester 1 and silences it. If the Xombie is not felled by her first strike, she continues her plans while parrying any attacks it fires off at her.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17
APM: 6

Action 1: Cut off the closest Xombie's head with her Psi-Sword. Strike: EP Crit. Damage: 8d6 = 28x2=56 (x2 vs beings vulnerable to psionics [Xombies + Harvesters]=112)
Action 2: Activate Hyper-Telekinesis (-50 ISP, 2 from ley line).
Action 3: Grab Unknown 6 with Telekinesis. Strike: EP Crit.
Action 4: Slam Unknown 6 facedown in Carpet of Adhesion w/ Lahz. Strike: 1d20+11 = 14.
Action 5: Grab Harvester 1 with Telekinesis. Strike: EP Crit.
Action 6: Bio-Manipulation: Mute at Harvester 1 (-10 ISP).

Parries (Psi-Sword): 1d20+11 = 151d20+11 = 171d20+11 = 121d20+11 = 121d20+11 = 191d20+11 = 27


Contingencies:
Contingency 1: If Minerva's Psychic Body Field goes down, she will sacrifice an action to reactivate it.
Contingency 2: If Minerva runs out of Body Field activations, she will use her own psychic power Psychic Body Field for protection.


Note
The House Rule for Melee HtH Weapons is seemingly overruled by the Psi-Sword house rule. Maybe a note in the former with a link to the latter would be helpful for future Psi-Sword users.


Incorrect Dice Roll
Damage: 8d6 = 33
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Felix » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:21 am

Perception:1d100 = 41/43%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 78
JIC (20): 1d20 = 12

Conditions (as of this post): Suppress Fear: 4:15 remaining; Psionic Force Field (120 M.D.C.): 17:30 remaining

Skill Rolls:
Lore: Demon & Monster (what the hell am I fighting? ID anything he can see) --> 1d100 = 51/52%

Lore: Psychics and Psionics (as above) --> 1d100 = 72/32%

Initiative Roll: 1d20+3 = 17

Actions (6APM) note: all hand to hand damage, including P.S. bonus, is M.D. when Felix's force field is up!
1: Crescent kick on Harvester 2: strike --> 1d20+6 = 23; damage --> 2d4+2 = 5 + 1d6 = 5 + 17= 27 M.D.
2: karate kick on Harvester 2: strike --> 1d20+6 = 22; damage --> 3d6+17 = 34 M.D.
3: karate kick on Harvester 2: strike --> 1d20+6 = 17; damage --> 3d6+17 = 29 M.D.
4: karate kick on Harvester 2: strike --> 1d20+6 = 18; damage --> 3d6+17 = 27 M.D.
5: karate kick on Harvester 2: strike --> 1d20+6 = 25; damage --> 3d6+17 = 26 M.D.
6: Psionic Force Blast on Harvester 2: strike --> 1d20+5 = 13; damage (5d6 normally +1d6 for Ley Line, doubled against Harvester due to psi-vulnerability) --> 6d6 = 26 x2 = 52 M.D.!

Teng-Jutsu Automatic Leap Dodges (while on the ground):
1: 1d20+8 = 15
2: 1d20+8 = 22
3: 1d20+8 = 21
4: 1d20+8 = 22
5: 1d20+8 = 27
6: 1d20+8 = 12
7: 1d20+8 = 12
8: 1d20+8 = 12
9: 1d20+8 = 25
10: 1d20+8 = 17

Meadows Group




Felix is annoyed at his opponent's protective field, but he can't be too irritated, as he has one of his own he relies upon heavily.

¿Qué demonios son estas cosas? he wonders to himself.
Translation
What the hell are these things? (skill roll above)


When he notices Harvester #1's shadowy barrier manifest, he will call it out on the radio: "Amigos, the other one who look like thees one I fighting, he makes el muro de sombra!" he says, before realizing many of the group will not understand his Spanish and following up with, "Eh, wall of shadow, escuse me!"

He sees the newly freed prisoners begin to make a run for it, and notices there are adversaries in the way. "Minerva y Laze, prisoners coming to you!" he calls out helpfully, hoping they will take the hint and remove any potential threats against the unarmed (and presumably terrified) prisoners.

Felix then focuses on the Harvester in front of him, whom he had just tripped. He presses the attack, giving the Harvester no respite! (ooc: attack rolls above)

He throws his leg in a wide arc and lands a punishing crescent kick on the Harvester in front of him and then draws upon traditional old-school karate kicks, finishing with a point-blank psionic blast, fueling some of the blast with the Ley Line's ambient energy (draw on Ley Line and convert to 1d6+1 = 4 I.S.P., net cost to personal ISP: 1).

If he happens to hit, Felix marvels at the increased impact his psionic force blasts have on the Harvester, and wonders if the rest of them are just as vulnerable.




Contingencies
PRIME CONTINGENCY: IF Felix's psionic force field is breached, he will immediately form another one! (10 I.S.P.)
IF Felix takes out Harvester #2, and has remaining actions, he will (in order of priority):
1. check on the current status of the freed prisoners. If any of them are under attack, Felix will attack the attacker(s) with the following attacks:
Psionic Force Blast on whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike --> 1d20+5 = 20; damage (5d6 normally +1d6 for Ley Line, doubled against enemies with psi-vulnerability) --> 6d6 = 19 x2 = 38 M.D.! (1 I.S.P. net cost, see above for Ley Line I.S.P. conversion)
Psionic Force Blast on whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike --> 1d20+5 = 24; damage (5d6 normally +1d6 for Ley Line, doubled against enemies with psi-vulnerability) --> 6d6 = 24 x2 = 48 M.D.! (5 I.S.P. cost)
Psionic Force Blast on whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike --> 1d20+5 = 24; damage (5d6 normally +1d6 for Ley Line, doubled against enemies with psi-vulnerability) --> 6d6 = 18 x2 = 36 M.D.! (5 I.S.P. cost)
Psionic Force Blast on whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike --> 1d20+5 = 9; damage (5d6 normally +1d6 for Ley Line, doubled against enemies with psi-vulnerability) --> 6d6 = 21 x2 = 42 M.D.! (5 I.S.P. cost)

2. IF the freed prisoners appear to be safe, and Felix has actions left, he will blast Harvester #1 with the above attacks for his remaining actions instead:

In the event that the combat is resolved this round, Felix will check for and attend to any wounded with his remaining actions:
Skill Roll: First Aid (emergency aid, determine extent of injuries, etc) --> 1d100 = 34/57%

Unfriendly Dice Roll Attempt (please ignore)
(2d4)+(2d4)+19 = 19
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 123/131

Conditions, Weapons/Armor, Always On, Saving Throw Info
Current Conditions: Psionic Force Field: 120 M.D.C., 18 minutes remaining, hand to hand attacks inflict M.D.C. damage including P.S. bonus!

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Superior Vision: Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zion » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 66
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Mind Block-Auto Defense, Null Void, Psi Nullification, Sense Supernatural (300'/ 1200') WB12, pg30, Radiate Nature (12'/ 100')WB12, pg30

Group: Lexington Ruins

Once inside, Zion runs his arms in an attempt to warm and dry himself off. He looks around at the newly formed group. He scratches his head from underneath his rasta cap. "So what'cha tell I, is dat you dink I be double cross'n ya?! What'da dink dat for? I ain't dune none o' ya' wrong. All y'all don't need worry bout I. Ya' have my word. I am more helpful than I look. Besides, Jah tells I to come in dis direction and now I find y'all. Now tell I, it's not in his plan da have us all to'getter? Just give I a chance and I'll show ya'." Zion watches the rest of the group, as they move towards the stairs in the backroom. If dees people don't trust I den why da be leve'n I alone wit da rock man, here? Is he dat tuff or do day dink I am dat weak. Hope it don't come to dat. Besides it looks like I be outnumbered, if it did.

Saul wrote:"Colleagues, we are definitively in the presence of supernatural evil. Be on your guard."

With that, Saul activates the Shadow Meld feature of his Mage armor


Zion looks as Saul activates his magical properties on his armor. "Right, dat be remind'n I. Umm so fer all ya' folks who dabble in magics or can use psionic, I'd sa'jest ya' stand a few feet away. My powers can be disruptive. I and I has givi'n I da power to cancel dem out. It's a bless'n an a curse. I try da live wit what I'd got and give thanks to da Lord fer all's he give'n. Dont want ya'll try'n sumting later and it aint work right."

Wolf wrote:"John I will radio you if we need help down there. Good luck up here."


Zion takes glance at Wolf and over at John before back at Wolf. He takes a few moments before responding. When he finally does, he has a half smile. "We be right here. Just don't be take'n all da fun, now. I just got here, would be a shame if I get here and da party's over. Mr. Rocks here" Zion points over to where John is standing. "and I will keep up here all ready fer all ya'all wen ya'll get back." Zion walks around the room taking a look at everything. Trying to see if he can spot anything out of the ordinary. Looking for mostly things people want to hide.

Skill Roll
Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 34% / 1d100 = 97 - looking for signs of being a front or criminal activity
Detect Ambush 45% / 1d100 = 92 - watching his back to make sure he isn't jumped from either outside or his new "friends".
Last edited by Zion on Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zion

Constant Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense, Six Sense, Sense Supernatural Beings, Radiate Nature, Null Void, Psi Nullification and interference

Equipment
Morning Star
    2d6 MD
Wilk's 457 Laser Pulse Rifle
    3D6+2 M.D. per shot or 1D6x10 M.D. burst
    30 shots per LE-Clip
User avatar
Zion
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 17 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: 1d100+13 = 94

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Happy and Hopeful], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [160/160]

ISP: 211/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 37




MEADOWS MARAUDERS ...

Lahz curses at the sticky carpet materializing around him, *I suppose this will keep the creatures from advancing on me into melee range, but these are always a pain. I am glad that I built the Marauder a Silver-Sidearm, but Tony needs to cut to range only or I am going to have to rebuild his ass from scratch.* The Psi-Tech shifts his mace to his left hand then draws his WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun and radios, "Tony, Ranged Silver." A wrist and cabin vocal-command activate his Marauder's automated turrets to fire on proximity targets before he once more keys the radio, "Anyone have an ID on what these things are ... the nonhumans that is."

He then takes several steps before jumping the wall like a short hurdle and opening up on Target #2 with his pulse-cannon. If these 2 targets drop, Lahz will turn his attention to Target #3. (copy/paste from previous post)

Lahz will dodge the first attack he sees then parry as best he can with his hefty Mace (thankfully not a huge issue for a Robotic PS of 50). He is not at all shy about dodging, and will use up to 3 of his attacks (take off end) to avoid/dodge any serious looking strikes.

APM: 9
Init [+2]: 1d20+2 = 8

1 -- Switch Weapons and Radio (switch + draw = 2 APM)
2 -- Activate Integrated shoulder turrets with automated proximity targetting [Marauder Weapon System 3: [Strike 1d20+2 = 12, 8d6 = 32 MD, starting with the ATV Turret(?)]
3 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at [Unknown] Target 7: 1d20+6 = 8, 6d6 = 21
4 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Target 7: 1d20+6 = 24 [Crit], 6d6 = 22 *2= 44MD
5 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Target 7: 1d20+6 = 15, 6d6 = 27
6 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Target 7: 1d20+6 = 8, 6d6 = 21
7 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Target 7: 1d20+6 = 17, 6d6 = 24
8 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Target 7: 1d20+6 = 25 [Crit], 6d6 = 27 *2= 56MD
9 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Target 7: 1d20+6 = 7, 6d6 = 19

Once his primary target falls (or flees), Lahz will turn his fire on alternate Targets: 2, then 1.

Dodges [+8]: 1d20+8 = 15, 1d20+8 = 23, 1d20+8 = 9, 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 20

Parries as needed [+11] with heavy Mace: 1d20+11 = 28, 1d20+11 = 18, 1d20+11 = 25, 1d20+11 = 28, 1d20+11 = 13, 1d20+11 = 25, 1d20+11 = 19, 1d20+11 = 22, 1d20+11 = 18





TONY

Multi-Optics Eyes: Telescopic Vision (6,000'), Nightvision 2000', Thermo Imaging 2000', Amplified Hearing: Can hear sounds as quiet as 10 decibels as far away as 500ft away, programmed to recognize 60,000 different mechanical sounds, Wide Band Radio Receiver & Transmitter & Radio System Scrambler (Sourcebook 1, Pg 28): Range: 300 miles; can send receive encoded/encrypted.

OOC: Tony's Speed translates to 211 feet/second, 395ft/attack

After a battering series of strikes, Tony draws his modified WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun sidearm with 1 hand and heads southwards away from the creatures flipping over the wall ... and popping back up from behind (partial cover since the wall is 7ft high and Tony is 10ft) with a pistol to begin firing.

Tony will parry and dodge as appropriate, and once his 1st Target (Unknown Target 1) dies, he will shift to alternates (Target 5 then Target 2).

APM: 8 (+1 tentacle)
Init [+4]: 1d20+4 = 8

1 -- Draw gun and run/Dodge while flipping over wall ... vs Gymnastics 80%: 1d100 = 59 (No. Drawing a weapon is 1 APM, Dodging is 1 APM; quit trying to fudge the math)
2 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at [Unknown] Target 1: 1d20+4 = 6, 6d6 = 21
3 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Target 1: 1d20+4 = 22 [Crit], 6d6 = 13 *2= 26MD
4 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Target 1: 1d20+4 = 23 [Crit], 6d6 = 16 *2= 32MD
5 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Target 1: 1d20+4 = 17, 6d6 = 21
6 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Target 1: 1d20+4 = 21, 6d6 = 17
7 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Target 1: 1d20+4 = 21, 6d6 = 25
8 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Target 1: 1d20+4 = 12, 6d6 = 29
9 -- Electro-tentacles to grab any Target approaching into Melee range: 1d20+11 = 28, Electrified tentacle 3d6 = 9 MD + Chance of Stunning Victim for 1d4 Melees (See Warlords of Russia Pg 126, victim drops to 2 APM, -70% Skill performance and speed, No Initiative, -8 all combat rolls)

Parry with Sword [+14]: 1d20+14 = 28, 1d20+14 = 21, 1d20+14 = 23, 1d20+14 = 17, 1d20+14 = 27, 1d20+14 = 27, 1d20+14 = 32, 1d20+14 = 26, 1d20+14 = 28

Dodge [+13]: 1d20+13 = 31, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 28, 1d20+13 = 15, 1d20+13 = 29
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

PreviousNext

Return to Spook Squad/Roughnecks/MARS Joint Adventure (19 PCs)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests