The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

The Spook Squad & the Roughnecks team up to tackle a dangerous, high stakes mission in the Federation of Magic.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:34 am

Perception: 65% 1d100 = 64
JIC d20: 1d20 = 17 / d100: 1d100 = 76


Lexington Group

Conditions
OOC Comments
See Invisible
Crystal Armor 30 MDC + Force Field 70 MDC
Electrokinesis Resistance. The psychic can manipulate his body so to become resistant to electricity. Up to 60,000 volts will inflict no damage or ill effect. Currents greater than 60,000 volts, including lightning and magic electricity, do half damage. 4 ISP
Natural Ability
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% 1d100 = 67
Shadow cloak,
Enhance Reflexes
Ghost
• Range: 170’ To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences

Number of Attacks: 7

INIT 1d20+2 = 19

Rocky continues to prowl and look for the sources of supernatural evil.
Prowl 98% 1d100 = 12 Trying to get behind and in a spot to attack.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zed » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:11 am

Perception: 23% | 1d100 = 17
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 76


MEADOWS GROUP

Conditions
Fly as the Eagle [59 min : 30 sec]
Armor of Ithan 30 mdc | 30 [2 min : 45 sec]

Intentions
The Timneh wishes to aid the "Tiger Bot" being that appears to be in very bad shape. He flies as fast as he can and casts an Armor of Ithan spell on it, before flying up and away
‘What were you thinking Zed? “The Cavalry” WAITS for the right time to come in, AFTER battle has been underway. “The Cavalry” does not rush in.’ The Timneh scolds himself, determined not to make that mistake again.

Actions
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 10
ATT: 4

Action 1: Fly and cast Armor of Ithan on Tony the Tiger Bot, While gathering 20 ppe / round from the ley line
Action 2: Fly up and away, gather 20 ppe from leyline while surveying the fight
Action 3: Gather 20 ppe from leyline while surveying the fight
Action 4: Gather 20 ppe from leyline while surveying the fight

Skills
Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 62 to identify the yet unknowns
Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 86 to identify the yet unknowns
Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 73 to identify the yet unknowns
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic-- 50% | 1d100 = 27 to identify the yet unknowns
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic-- 50% | 1d100 = 93 to identify the yet unknowns
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic-- 50% | 1d100 = 46 to identify the yet unknowns

Contingencies
Zed is flying and trying to avoid combat or being in any enemies line of sight
Zed will recast Armor of Ithan if it pops, 1 action [10ppe]
Zed will dodge when/if necessary after casting Armor of Ithan on Tony The Tiger Bot: 1d20+6 = 12, 1d20+6 = 21, 1d20+6 = 19
Zed will recast Fly as the Eagle when it runs out, but will fly or run to a place where he wont be disturbed for 2 actions first [25ppe]
Last edited by Zed on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
P.P.E.: 177|30 +3d6/lvl
S.D.C.: 45|45
H.P.: 20|20 +1d6/lvl


Special Abilities
1. One with the body: -50% fatigue rate, hold breath for 3 minutes, +5% to balance
2. One with the mind: alert and able to stay focused even when all hell is breaking loose around him
3. One with Magic: comprehensive understanding of the principles of magic and is especially well versed in ritual magic and power spells
4. Pilot Automaton. [All, but prefers the Colossus]
5. May Draw P.P.E. from ley lines, nexus points, people, and ritual blood sacrifice the same as a Ley Line Walker
6. Link with the Lords of Magic: can draw upon the P.P.E. reserves of the three Lords of Magic to create magic weapons via the Enchant Weapons (minor) spell, at 50% P.P.E. cost to The Three; alerts The Three when a High Mage is killed
7. Automaton Creation & Bonding Rituals: knows the secrets of creating Automatons and the bonding ritual that gives the Controllers their unique union with the magical constructs


Zed aka Daelur Ezekiel Zenth
User avatar
Zed
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:58 am

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image


Meadow Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2031
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Northeast of the Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Daphne (MARS; Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
----Tony the Tiger-Bot (Lahz's)--shadowing Lahz
Felix (MARS, flying solo)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Zed (Roughnecks; flying solo)

Minerva once more activates her armor’s psychic force field & just in time as it’s blasted by the Harvester as he takes off running. Shooting over his shoulder with Minerva in close pursuit, he’s only able to shoot her once before she cleaves his pistol in two with her psi-sword. The two attempt to kill each other in a running fight until she finally skewers him through his side.

Lahz lands a devastating blast across the upper body of Unknown 2 with his WI-GL8, and follows it up with a second blast before turning his ire on the Blighter behind him. A half-dozen blasts later, the thing is dead on the field, though it managed to get a few swipes in of its own before going down. But his former target was by no means finished, and demonstrates the relentlessness of the undead by repeatedly landing wild hammer blows all across Lahz’s powered armor when his back is turned. One tiny indicator on Lahz’s HUD winks out indicating one of his secondary cameras is destroyed, both arms and legs have taken damage with the right leg nearing structural failure, his pulse cannon has taken some damage, and the physical integrity of the suit itself is down to around thirty percent. A flash of light to the North catches his eye and he sees past his HUD info to witness an oval-shaped, man-sized tear in the fabric of reality open. Harvester 1 steps towards it, pauses to shout, "Fight to the death! Kill everything!" and then steps through the tear. The portal vanishes as he does.

Unknown 1 rushes to club Tony, but Tony rushes to the East with incredible haste. Zed has to fly fast and hard to catch up to Tony in order to touch him with a protective spell. Unknown 5 struggles vainly beneath the weight of Daphne’s robot as she exits her transformable fighter, drags her NG-101 Rail Gun out of the pilot’s compartment, and takes aim at Unknown 1, and starts hosing the thing with burst after burst of silver-coated slugs as it dashes across the field of battle in pursuit of Lahz’s robot. The slugs shred huge chunks from the humanoid figure’s armored body, and the robot puts up a good fight with its own weapon, but the undead thing is simply too much for the automaton and on the far East side of the field it ends up smashed and blasted despite Zed’s magical assist to the point that its nuclear power plant explodes. The blast throws back the thing and blasts Zed higher up into the air, and pops Zed’s own magical protection. Daphne starts noticing fire from her left flank, and takes pains to avoid it through advantageous positioning, the thing with the laser rifle (Unknown 7) lands an incredibly lucky shot which breaches her her armor's environmental seals near her waist. She can hear the hiss of the air inside the pressurized suit escaping over the din of gunfire.

Felix radios the group as he sends ion blasts into Unknown 7 downrange, "Enemigo mago, behind dark wall! Ayuda me por favor! Can someone frees me? I has magic things holds me in place!" He pours ion blasts into the thing, but to no discernible effect. Meanwhile, something is hammering against his psionic force field with tremendous aggression. Between strike, he thinks he hears a snarl of frustration and rage...but he sees nothing. His field collapses under the assault while he's firing ineffectually against the distant adversary. Panicked, he hurriedly wills another field into place split seconds before another blow lands.

Jack goes to activate his armor’s force field when he realizes it has no such feature. He manages to land only a single strike, as does his opponent, but his sword has no effect. Pardon, but I don’t seem to be effective in this capacity. Perhaps you should try some other means of self-defense.

The Gravediggers rush across the war-torn field and begin to tear into the bodies of the freshly deceased with gluttonous abandon, but as they begin, a number of the dead rise to their feet, charred and still smoking, and begin to lumber away from the heaps of dead and toward the panicked hostages attempting to flee.
Map
Image

GM NOTES:
  • You're somewhat Northeast of the Lexington Ruins.
  • You have a default 2% chance to be struck by lightning, 5% if in heavy armor/PA/RCV/vehicle, 10% if flying.



Lexington Ruins Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2022
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Zion (MARS)

Saul’s shadowy form splits in twain as a rod of brilliant light seemingly erupts from within the darkness. He slicks his laser sword between the seams of the door where they’re fastened together by the padlock which separates like water. He then switches the laser sword back off, steps back, and gestures to Wolf to enter first though Wolf likely cannot discern such motion given Saul’s shadow-shrouded form. Wolf and Mierin have a curious exchange before Mierin pushes open the door and surveys what’s inside. It’s so dark that Mierin and Wolf can’t see shit, so Mierin blinks hard three times to trigger her cybernetic eyes’s switch to passive nightvision, and Wolf slips his multi-optics band down over his eyes and switches them to the same. Saul finds the darkness to be entirely natural, but total. Mierin then Wolf cautiously take the short staircase down, wary of any traps, but finding no sign of such. As their feet settle on the cold concrete of the room that was locked away behind those open doors behind them, they note that this looks quite clearly like the original basement, not the spruced-up, slightly elevated one stocked with foodstuffs before. The concrete, however, isn’t split or eroded in any way from moisture, tree roots, or anything of the like. This room is quite intact, structurally speaking, and there are impressions and outline stains on the walls to indicate that things once hung upon them, that this space once served a functional purpose. Beyond the room, to the North and to the East are breaches in the walls which lead to passages which look far less engineered, and more primitively excavated, whether by people, natural forces, beasts or monsters is unclear, but each leads away from the room in which they stand.
Map
Image

John pulls out and activates his lightblade for a source of light, but finds it pitifully suited to the task, casting light less than a dozen feet out. He raises it over his head and peers into the rainy dark. John steps over a few trees and walls, Zion scurrying far below in a dual effort to keep up and not get squished by a misplaced step, and arrives at the ruined stairwell. It looks intact, if a bit overgrown and the sidewalls eroded. If it looks like it opens up under the surface, he checks the direction of any tunnel against the inn and mentally plots a course between the building and this stairwell. A few steps later and he’s back in front of the inn.

Saul ascends to the main floor of the inn to find Zion and Rocky just inside the door. Saul looks like a walking ink-stain amid the still relatively well-lit backdrop of the inn’s dining hall.

Rocky, having phased through the eastern wall of the inn, stands surrounded by trees and the crumbling ruins of ancient walls about twelve feet high. He can sense the radiating waves of supernatural evil coming from Northeast of his current position, so he quietly makes his way in that direction, wending around walls and between trees, then crossing the road they walked in on. John and Zion see only shadows in the darkness though he passes very near during their transit. (Rocky, check your inbox for your map since you're off solo.)
Map
Image

GM NOTE:
  • You're in the heart of the Lexington Ruins.
  • You have a default 2% chance to be struck by lightning, 5% if in heavy armor/PA/RCV/vehicle, 10% if flying (all if outside).



Temple Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2201
Environmental Effects: 85°, oppressively humid; night time/dark
Ley Line: 5 miles long, 500' thick, East-West axis, centered on Temple Mound; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: in the wilderness South of Stormspire & East-Northeast of Dunscon; perhaps an hour from the region/forest known as Soulharvest

Order of Battle
Mouser (not yet arrived)
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Brokswa (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Bel'Dar (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)

Mouser ducks back behind a corner of the huge stone, out of sight of the entrance and consults his sensory inputs. There’s no apparent electro-mechanical traps in evidence, nor anything that appears to be concealed. He has no idea what's going on or where people may be, though the demonic host outside the structure is suggestive of nothing good. One of the demons is an infernal sprite, the other is some kind of previously unclassified demon. Attempting to initiative radio contact, however, proves fruitless and he’s able to determine that something is flooding the entire EM band used for radio communications, but strangely, he cannot detect an EM source which is causing this effect.

Murder Wraith 5 swings wildly at Ronan, but despite its incredible speed, rarely manages to land a blow as it seems unable to focus on him. Wakiza leaps away from Unknown 8 and lands before the Murder Wraiths firing upon him. Harvester 1 mutters a quick incantation from behind Ronan and suddenly he and Murder Wraith 5 are stuck fighting face to face amid a carpet of writhing blue tentacles around their feet. Harvester 3 is covered from head to toe in blood as he finishes his stabbing and slashing frenzy, and the pile of bodies atop the altar are mute testament to his ruthless efficiency and amazing speed. Unknowns 7 & 9 smash bloody red fists against Seymour’s force field repeatedly, causing it to shimmer as a shower of blood falls to the stone tiles around him. Unknown 8 moves as quickly as it can in pursuit of Wakiza, but it’s clearly not very fast afoot. Ronan radios Seymour as he encases himself in a skin of silver. Vheld drops back to get into cover, and nearly trips over Sil who’s directly behind him.

Wakiza wills a telekinetic force field around himself, the Murder Wraiths, and Harvester 2. Seymour attempts to drop and roll forward, but he’s physically blocked by the bodies of the animated blood things. Harvester 2 finishes muttering as he points at Wakiza. Nothing discernible happens, no lightning, black clouds of doom, no new legions of undead, but he suddenly realizes he feels...normal. (spells negated) Harvester 3 turns around with a blood-slicked grimace and begins chanting. Ronan forms a silver blade in his left hand.

Wakiza activates one of his armor’s TW features and teleports behind Harvester 3. He’s atop the bloody altar, calf-deep in human suffering as the mound of people at his feet are gasping their last breaths and clutching at his legs. Harvester 1 finishes muttering as he points at Vheld. Nothing discernible happens, no lightning, black clouds of doom, no new monstrous terror looming before him, but he suddenly realizes he feels...normal. (spells negated) Harvester 3 unleashes an arc of lightning which grazes Wakiza’s forcefield as he’s standing upon the altar. Ronan and Murder Wraith 5 engage in a tremendously fast-paced sword fight. Ronan takes a few slashes, but delivers substantially better than he received. His opponent’s blade looks unremarkable enough, but it drew blood as though he were a mundane. Vheld casts a disabling, time-distorting spell which washes out from his hands in a cone of pale blue light. Harvester 1 seems to be moving bodily slower than before, but no one else seems effected.

Wakiza drops his rifle and slaps Harvester 3 while calling upon his sword to deliver a mindshatter. The cursed necromancer seems unaffected. Harvester 1 begins moving at a comical rate of speed towards Ronan and the Murder Wraith with whom he’s engaged. Harvester 2 seems to become electrified with blue energy and rippling bolts of lightning under the dome of telekinetic energy. Harvester 3 blasts Wakiza with another arc of lightning. Wakiza’s forcefield pops under the electric assault. Vheld draw Odin’s Blade from the bag brought to him by Sil.

Wakiza slaps Harvester 3 again while calling upon his sword to deliver a mindshatter. The cursed necromancer’s eyes go wild and unfocused, his jaw sags open, and his shoulders go slack. Harvester 1 mutters something and points in Ronan’s direction. A mass of hundreds of wriggling worms suddenly covers the Murder Wraith. It’s disgusting, but Ronan’s feeling bold and so only grimaces through the sight. Vheld charges the staring, tyrannical, floating eye creature while blasting lightning ahead of him. The lightning blasts right through the illusion and Vheld is elated to have his suspicions validated. He charges through the horrific illusion and as he emerges on the other side sees a young woman writhing on the floor, a fist-sized hole in her abdomen that’s been electrically cauterized.

Wakiza grabs a smoke grenade and tosses it towards Harvester 2 while shifting vision to Thermal. The smoke grenade strikes his telekinetic force field and bounces to the ground as it discharges a black plume. Harvester 1 shoots Ronan in the back with an energy pistol to no discernible effect beyond the damage to his clothes while Vheld charges Harvester 1 with a strike from his rune sword. The spectral-looking armor which adorns the Harvester shimmers a bit under the blow of the sword, but Vheld’s quite familiar with invincible armor, and so is unsurprised. Wakiza calls upon his sword to mute Harvester 2 who he can see the thermal signature of through the smoke. Vheld swings at Harvester 1 who’s finally managed to turn to face him, but too slowly, and the necromancer’s armor takes another blow. Wakiza calls upon his sword to mute Harvester 2 again, just to be safe. Wakiza wills into manifestation a second telekinetic force field around the two Murder Wraiths, and as Harvester 2 is among them, traps him inside it as well, before dispelling the original telekinetic force field he’d manifested.
Maps
Check your inboxes! Mouser: no change from last map.

GM NOTES:
  • You're in the very heart of Soulharvest.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

ATRV:
Bel'Dar:
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Brokswa:
Cargonaut:
Daphne: NG-101: 300/-240 rds; NG-EX10: -44 M.D. & minor seal breach
Felix: -11 I.S.P.; Psionic Force Field: 120/-21 M.D.C.
Jack Killian: -89 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
John Altfeld:
Lahz: (Sustain active), -10 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -21 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; Main Body: 440/-277, Right Leg: -124, Left Leg: -64, R.FA Laser: -50, R.Arm: -22, L.Arm: -48, Laser Pulse Cannon: -23 M.D., 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; -30 M.D. to Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter: Main Body: -123 M.D., -4 AP mini-missiles
Mouser:
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
Ray the Robot:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED; -57 personal M.D.
  • Armor of Ithan: POPPED
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Saul: -16 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins)
Seymour:
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100/-50 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Spider:
Sshir:
Tony the Tiger-Bot: Cyborg Armor Destroyed; Main Body: 300/-238 M.D.; WI-GL8: -15 silver shots
Vheld: -50 P.P.E.; -1 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: DEAD
Wolf Whitaker:
Zed: -191 P.P.E.; Fly as the Eagle activated at 2000; AoI: popped.; Chameleon @ 2030.5 (12.75 mins)
Zion:
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Felix » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:18 am

Perception:1d100 = 13/43%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 51
JIC (20): 1d20 = 8

Conditions (as of this post): Suppress Fear: 3:30 remaining; Psionic Force Field (99 M.D.C. remaining): 18:00 remaining

Skill Rolls:

Initiative Roll: 1d20+3 = 5

Actions (6APM) note: all hand to hand damage, including P.S. bonus, is M.D. when Felix's force field is up!

Teng-Jutsu Automatic Leap Dodges (while on the ground):
None.

Parries (if applicable)
1d20+7 = 17
1d20+7 = 19
1d20+7 = 11
1d20+7 = 16
1d20+7 = 10
1d20+7 = 8 Nat 1
1d20+7 = 13
1d20+7 = 18
1d20+7 = 13

Actions
1. Make snarky comment and activate thermal-imaging in helmet, trying to see whatever is attacking him
2. Contingency (explained below) - call out to the group on radio, and if able to see his aggressor: H2H attack strike (karate punches)--> 1d20+6 = 11; damage--> 2d4+17 = 24 M.D. OR, using silver-plated knife: strike--> 1d20+7 = 24; damage--> 2d4+17 = 21 S.D.C.

3. Contingency (explained below), if able to see his aggressor: H2H attack strike (karate punches)--> 1d20+6 = 15; damage--> 2d4+17 = 23 M.D.
OR, using silver-plated knife: strike--> 1d20+7 = 19; damage--> 2d4+17 = 25 S.D.C.

4. Contingency (explained below), if able to see his aggressor: H2H attack strike (karate punches)--> 1d20+6 = 11; damage--> 2d4+17 = 22 M.D.
OR, using silver-plated knife: strike--> 1d20+7 = 25; damage--> 2d4+17 = 23 S.D.C.

5. Contingency (explained below), if able to see his aggressor: H2H attack strike (karate punches)--> 1d20+6 = 20; damage--> 2d4+17 = 21 M.D.
OR, using silver-plated knife: strike--> 1d20+7 = 17; damage--> 2d4+17 = 23 S.D.C.

6. Contingency (explained below), if able to see his aggressor H2H attack strike (karate punches)--> 1d20+6 = 21; damage--> 2d4+17 = 21 M.D.
OR, using silver-plated knife: strike--> 1d20+7 = 8 Nat 1; damage--> 2d4+17 = 21 S.D.C.


Meadows Group




Augur wrote:A flash of light to the North catches his eye and he sees past his HUD info to witness an oval-shaped, man-sized tear in the fabric of reality open. Harvester 1 steps towards it, pauses to shout, "Fight to the death! Kill everything!" and then steps through the tear. The portal vanishes as he does.


IF Felix sees this occur, he will shout out to the Harvester, "Hey! Leavings so soon? You forgots my soul!" as a parting taunt to the one who has given him so much trouble before his psionic force field collapses under heavy the assault of his invisible assailant. He quickly reforms his psionic force field and focuses on the threat at hand.




Felix, under attack by something he cannot see, hears a hint of a frustrated snarl. The Flying Tiger grins while saying, "Comes out, comes out, wherever you are!", taunting the assailant as he activates his thermal-imaging function on his helmet to try to get a reading on whatever it is that is attacking him at, presumably, close range.

Contingencies
Prime Contingency: If Felix's Psionic Force Field is breached, he will immediately interrupt whatever he is doing to create another one while drawing from the Ley Line for 1d6+1 = 3 I.S.P. (net cost of 7 I.S.P.)

IF Felix sees whatever-it-is via thermal-imaging, he will then exclaim, "Peeks-a-boos, I sees you!" and then engage with the thing in hand to hand combat. Though limited by the spell which restricts his movement (and therefore, his leaping dodges), Felix is not entirely defenseless against the aggressor, and presses the attack. (rolls above)

IF Felix sees his hand to hand strikes are doing no damage, he pulls out his silver-plated commando knife and tries that instead, reasoning that, since his Ion blasts did nothing, perhaps these foes suffer the same vulnerabilities that vampires do.

IF Felix, using thermal-imaging, is still unable to detect whatever-it-is that is attacking him, he will radio the group, "Somethings I cannot sees attacking me!" as he tries to ascertain, at least, the direction from which the assault comes.

IF Felix is freed from the Carpet of Adhesion, he will immediately take to the air (provided his Force Field is active - see Prime contingency above), fly up (say, 60 feet or so) out of reach of whatever-it-is-that-attacks-him, and (if he has remaining actions) check on the current status of the freed prisoners. If any of them are under attack (such as by the risen dead), Felix will blast the attacker(s) with his rifle (reasoning that these are regular animated dead and should not be immune to it):
Ion blast at whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike -->1d20+2 = 21 ; damage 3d6 = 14 M.D.
Ion blast at whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike -->1d20+2 = 18 ; damage 3d6 = 9 M.D.
Ion blast at whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike -->1d20+2 = 4 ; damage 3d6 = 13 M.D.
Ion blast at whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike -->1d20+2 = 20 ; damage 3d6 = 11 M.D.

In the event that the combat is resolved this round, Felix will check for and attend to any wounded with his remaining actions:
Skill Roll: First Aid (emergency aid, determine extent of injuries, etc) --> Original post: 1d100 = 34/57%
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 123/131

Conditions, Weapons/Armor, Always On, Saving Throw Info
Current Conditions: Psionic Force Field: 120 M.D.C., 18 minutes remaining, hand to hand attacks inflict M.D.C. damage including P.S. bonus!

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Superior Vision: Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:29 am

Perception: 1d100 = 72/24%
JIC: 1d20 = 18; 1d100 = 89

Paranoid Thought Text

Lexington Ruins Group

Wolf surveys the two different paths leading out of the basement with muted enjoyment. Well look who was right. Bastards didn't listen and now we don't have the people to explore both paths...You know they are still going to blame you. You agreed to leave john and the new guy upstairs. You told Saul to go back upstairs...ya I was tired of his whining and mopey attitude. I cant believe that these people are just so uppity about everything...Really, you cant understand why Saul was upset about you taking the wine?...Oh step off it. A couple bottles of wine won't hurt anyone. He was on such a high horse when I told him to go back up stairs. Looks like it's time to make the call...Oh goody I cant wait to see how you mess this one up...you know if you weren't me I would kill you.

Wolf quietly talks to Mierin, "I say we take one of the passes and radio the others to take the other one. North one looks like it's a little wider. Let's start there." Wolf keys his radio "Rocky, John, don't know if you can hear this but we have two passages down here. Me and Mierin are taking the north, need you guys to take the east." Wolf shakes his head slightly in irritation.

Wolf will wave Mierin to follow as he moves slowly and as quietly as possible through the north passage. Wolf will keep to the east side of the passage and will follow it.

Prowl-- 1d100 = 13/55% (Moving quietly through the passageway)
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 82/44% (Heading in the likely direction of where the ritual may be)

Combat Contingencies
APM=6

Init= 1d20+14 = 33

Action 1: NE-6SL Dual attack: Strike R: 1d20+4 = 12; Strike L: 1d20+4 = 14; Damage R: 1d4*10 = 10; Damage L: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 2: NE-6SL Dual attack: Strike R: 1d20+4 = 6; Strike L: 1d20+4 = 19; Damage R: 1d4*10 = 40; Damage L: 1d4*10 = 20
Action 3: NE-6SL Dual attack: Strike R: 1d20+4 = 23; Strike L: 1d20+4 = 13; Damage R: 1d4*10 = 10; Damage L: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 4: NE-6SL Dual attack: Strike R: 1d20+4 = 11; Strike L: 1d20+4 = 22; Damage R: 1d4*10 = 20; Damage L: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 5 and 6: Reserved for dodge: 1d20+9 = 29; 1d20+9 = 14

Parry: 1d20+9 = 23; 1d20+9 = 28; 1d20+9 = 22; 1d20+9 = 26; 1d20+9 = 25; 1d20+9 = 28
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:27 pm

Temple Group
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 13
PER: 1d100 = 81 vs. 76%
APM: 9
Conditions
[*]Cloak of Darkness- R:UE P. 200, 64.75m remaining, self+5ft. radius, opponents striking from a distance are -3 to strike (-1 if using thermal-optics or similar)
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM P. 100, 13.75m remaining, blinds attackers within 10-ft radius, see spell description for other details.
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM P. 109, 22.75m remaining, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P. 14, 10.75m remaining, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/ impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk Tightrope: 88%, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/ Impact from moving vehicle or explosion/concussive blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 10.75m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 10.75m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
[*]Dimension Sense: 90% skill, Vheld will detect any dimension-based magic (including teleports, opening of portals, etc.) that occurs, 8.75m remaining. If dimension magic is detected, Vheld can attempt to alter the course of the spell; see R:UE P. 121-122 for details.
[*]Invincible armor: 141/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc. 53m remaining. BoM P. 121.
[*]Mystic portal: 19m remaining, R:UE P. 219-20.
[*]Storm staff active: 4m remaining, Vheld is impervious to non-magical energy attacks and can fire up to four lightning bolts each melee
Time to minions' arrival
Sil: ARRIVED.
Bel'Dar/Sshir: ARRIVED.
Brokswa: ARRIVED.
Slithn: Spd 15*5 = 75 yds/melee; 8 rounds to arrival.


Invincible armor regeneration for this round: 1d6 = 1 MDC

Stepping over the corpse of the woman he inadvertently killed, Vheld knows he has no time to feel pleased with himself. The Harvester’s invincible armor would regenerate given time, and like it or not his rune blade seemed to be the best tool for the job. Somewhat relieved to see Wakiza, if mildly concerned about the absence of Will, Vheld begins to see a way for their mission to move into the endgame. To do his part, the shifter must press the attack, and so he does with a will. At the same time, he tries to keep an eye on Harvester 3 to look for an opportune time to strike and disrupt the ritual.

Action 1: Attack Harvester 1 with his rune sword. 1d20+9 = 29 to strike, 6d6+3 = 29x2=58 MD.
Action 2: Attack Harvester 1 with his rune sword. 1d20+9 = 26 to strike, 6d6+3 = 25 MD.
Action 3: Attack Harvester 1 with his rune sword. 1d20+9 = 25 to strike, 6d6+3 = 21 MD.
Action 4: Attack Harvester 1 with his rune sword. 1d20+9 = 12 to strike, 6d6+3 = 21 MD.
Action 5: Attack Harvester 1 with his rune sword. 1d20+9 = 24 to strike, 6d6+3 = 30 MD.
Action 6: Attack Harvester 1 with his rune sword. 1d20+9 = 23 to strike, 6d6+3 = 26 MD.
Action 7: Attack Harvester 1 with his rune sword. 1d20+9 = 28 to strike, 6d6+3 = 33x2=66 MD.
Action 8: Attack Harvester 1 with his rune sword. 1d20+9 = 21 to strike, 6d6+3 = 26 MD.
Action 9: Attack Harvester 1 with his rune sword. 1d20+9 = 20 to strike, 6d6+3 = 22 MD.

Contingencies:
1) If Vheld’s invincible armor is depleted he will sacrifice an action to use his talisman again.
2) If the invincible armor on either Harvester drops and Vheld has a shot, he will sacrifice an action to cast lifeblast ((-15 PPE)). He will do this at least one to each Harvester if he has the opportunity, and multiple times if one of them starts an extended spell-casting. Harvester 3 will be prioritized over Harvester 1 if need be. See this post for effects.
3) If Harvester 1 is killed Vheld will move to attack Harvester 3 with his blade.

Auto-parries with staff (will not interrupt casting to defend): 1d20+13 = 25, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 28, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 22, 1d20+13 = 27, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 32
Auto-dodges (will not interrupt casting to defend): 1d20+5 = 6, 1d20+5 = 21, 1d20+5 = 12, 1d20+5 = 6, 1d20+5 = 15, 1d20+5 = 24, 1d20+5 = 15, 1d20+5 = 8, 1d20+5 = 8

Sil
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 13
APM: 5
Conditions
[*]Invincible armor: 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc. 54m remaining. BoM P. 121.


Sil does what she can to protect Seymour, watch Vheld’s back, and attack the things menacing them. She will not do so at the expense of her own life, however- should the creatures become overwhelming she is prepared to shift to phantom form and rejoin the other minions. Similarly, if Seymour flees or retreats, Sil will follow up.

Action 1: Attack unknown 7 or 9, as dictated by whichever appears to be the biggest threat. 1d20+6 = 25 to strike, 3d6 = 7 MD.
Action 2: Attack unknown 7 or 9, as dictated by whichever appears to be the biggest threat. 1d20+6 = 23 to strike, 3d6 = 11 MD.
Action 3: Attack unknown 7 or 9, as dictated by whichever appears to be the biggest threat. 1d20+6 = 25 to strike, 3d6 = 9 MD.
Action 4: Attack unknown 7 or 9, as dictated by whichever appears to be the biggest threat. 1d20+6 = 15 to strike, 3d6 = 13 MD.
Action 5: Attack unknown 7 or 9, as dictated by whichever appears to be the biggest threat. 1d20+6 = 23 to strike, 3d6 = 15 MD.

Contingencies:
1) Reactivate invincible armor talisman if it is depleted.
2) Sacrifice an action to shift into phantom form if Sil is in serious danger of being killed, then retreat to the minions.
3) Follow Seymour if he flees the blood-things.

Auto-dodges: 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 18, 1d20+6 = 25

((Minion combat rolls available upon request.))
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 406/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 81/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
MDC: 294/330 (Sshir)
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mouser » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:06 pm

Perception: 92% 1d100 = 53
JIC: 1d100 = 39 1d20 = 5

Mouser had to take a few moments to review it's files on the identified demonic creature, which at least told it what aspect of demonic it was dealing with, beyond the specifics of the one it had identified in particular. Given the robot's present armament and capabilities, Mouser decided it was far better off continuing to sneak about, where at all possible, rather than engage. The infernal sprite on it's own would be a difficult foe, for it to be coupled with some creature Mouser couldn't identify would certainly make it an exceedingly risky situation should the robot wind up in combat. Mouser might be fast, but most of it's weapons were relatively weak, some couldn't damage the sprite, and others could be completely nullified by magic. Coupled with the inability to find any friendly units, the Robot was soon regretting going through the rift.

Provided Mouser was left to it's own devices, the robot would continue to seek out any signs of friendlies, and try to sift through what it knew in order to perhaps find a way through the interference. The presence of the demonic suggested magic. That meant the machine might not be able to find any way through, but perhaps it's internal information on magic would provide some clues as to what to do about that. Thus, Mouser set to continuing to seek any signs of friendlies, try to avoid being spotted, and try to find some way to bypass the radio interference.

Contingency: If Mouser comes under attack, the robot will defend itself and attempt to withdraw, primarily focusing on the Infernal Sprite as it could fly and thus (presumably) was the larger threat of the two as far as preventing means of escape.

"Skill Rolls"
Skills for Attempting to continue to remain unnoticed:
Prowl 88% 1d100 = 93
Camouflage 95% 1d100 = 1

Skills used to try and track down the Roughnecks:
Tracking (people) 95% 1d100 = 45
Sensory Equipment 99% 1d100 = 86
Optic Systems 99% 1d100 = 70

Skill being used to try and identify what magic may be potentially interfering with radio communication:
Lore: Magic 89% 1d100 = 75


"Contingency Combat Rolls"
If attacked, Mouser will focus on the Infernal Sprite first while trying to escape

Initiative: 1d20+6 = 22

Action 1: Attack with Mini Gun (2000ft range) 1d20+9 = 27 Damage: 2d4 = 4
Action 2: Attack with Mini Gun (2000ft range) 1d20+9 = 26 Damage: 2d4 = 5
Action 3: Reserved for Dodge/Parry
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge/Parry/Roll with Impact
Action 5: Attack with Mini Gun (2000ft range) 1d20+9 = 15 Damage: 2d4 = 8
Action 6: Attack with Mini Gun (2000ft range) 1d20+9 = 19 Damage: 2d4 = 2
Action 7: Attack with Mini Gun (2000ft range) 1d20+9 = 22 Damage: 2d4 = 8
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge/Parry
Action 9: Reserved for Dodge/Parry/Roll with Impact
Action 10: Reserved for Dodge/Parry/Roll with Impact
Action 11: Attack with Mini Gun (2000ft range) 1d20+9 = 14 Damage: 2d4 = 4

Contingency Dodges: 1d20+18 = 381d20+18 = 281d20+18 = 241d20+18 = 191d20+18 = 32
Contingency Parry: 1d20+14 = 231d20+14 = 151d20+14 = 201d20+14 = 161d20+14 = 22
Contingency Roll with Impact: 1d20+5 = 101d20+5 = 191d20+5 = 9
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 42 / 70%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 12

RUINS GROUP

CONDITIONS - John is Pebbles, he is at +20 feet once inside the inn, Radar works indoors! John is wet. John still believes Zion is a Nxla cult spy.

John shrinks down to a manageable size as he enters the inn, passing Saul at about 30 mph as Saul comes up the stairs. "Hi, Saul."

Where did Rocky go?!?

He gets to the bottom as Wolf is talking into his radio. "Hey, who are you talking to? I found a tunnel leading off from those collapsed stairs outside..."

John takes in the open door and two tunnels leading off into the darkness. "Oh, you found your own tunnels. I wonder if this one going east meets up with the one outside."

John stops for a long moment.

"Is Rocky supposed to be leading? I can't remember at this point."

"If we're going into these tunnels, we should get Rocky and Saul back down here. You sure you want me down this Eastern tunnel, or do you want me to come down the outside stairs? Maybe I should go with, uh, Zion and the rest of you stick together?"
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:21 am

**Rolls Held Over**

Paranoid Thought Text

Active Conditions: Night Vision 600', multi optics band.

Lexington Ruins Group

Wolf takes a single staggered step and steadies himself against the the rush of air as John zips next to him. I don't know if I will ever get used to that. The man sure is fast...Too fast for you to do anything about. Think about it he would smoke you in a fight...Sometimes I wish I could just have some peace in my own head...Not with me here.

John wrote:He gets to the bottom as Wolf is talking into his radio. "Hey, who are you talking to? I found a tunnel leading off from those collapsed stairs outside..."


Wolf gives a quiet chuckle, "I was calling you and Rocky. Is Zion still up there? Or has he shown his true colors yet? Anyway did you guys find what ever you were looking for outside?" Wolf Looks to the tunnel to the east. "Well if you want to get everyone else I can let you take the east tunnel to see if it leads back to the stairs you found. You are fast enough to summon us or get back to us once your exploration has been completed. As far as Rocky leading us...Well he was supposed to, but he seemed lost in his own thoughts so I just tried to get everyone moving. Not that it seems to have made much difference. Everyone seems content to do their own thing, present company excluded." Wolf nods to Mierin. "John, can you get everyone else down here. We will scout down the north tunnel. Have them catch up to us. I also need you to check out the east tunnel to confirm if it connects up with the set of stairs you located."
Wolf turns back to Mierin. "Let move down the tunnel to see what we are dealing with. This kind of underground labyrinth sounds like what Rocky saw in his vision thingy he did earlier." Wolf will slowly move into the north tunnel with Mierin.

See original post for combat contingencies and skill rolls.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:37 pm

Jic: 1d100 = 58 / 1d20 = 14
Perception [33%]: 1d100 = 5
Recognize Weapon Quality [44%]: 1d100 = 33 (Determine what type weapon is being used against him that makes him bleed)

Ronan scowls as the Murder Wrath before him draws blood, cutting through his silver skin. I am not used to weapons hurting me like this. What does this creature have. Ronan muses to himself amidst the flurry of blows. Unconcerned by the amassed worms on the wraith before him, Ronan continues his assault. As he feels the Harvester behind him shoot him in the back, he finds himself with multiple opponents.

Ronan first attempts to use his silver blade to disarm the Murder Wraith of it's own weapon, striking near the hilt with the intent to knock it from his grasp as he follows the disarm attempt with a horizontal slash with his lightblade. Regardless of his disarms effect, Ronan releases his silver blade and rears around, firing a silver shard from the same hand instinctually targeting the Harvester at a distance trying to entice it to keep coming closer, keeping his Lightblade up to parry another assault from the wraith.

What the bloody hell is happening to me? Ronan thinks as he sees the silver shard leap from his palm towards the Harvester. Rearing back around to return his focus to the one who can actually hurt him, Ronan reforms the silver blade and resumes his assault on the wraith.

APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 22

Parries [w/ LB]: 1d20+17 = 34 | 1d20+17 = 28 | 1d20+17 = 27 | 1d20+17 = 28 | 1d20+17 = 20 | 1d20+17 = 28 | 1d20+17 = 22 | 1d20+17 = 36

Action 1: Skill Check | Disarm Murder Wraith's unimpressive but annoyingly effective weapon. [EP Critical]
Action 2: Horizontal Slash with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+12 = 30 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 30 | Drop Silver Blade which evaporates before it hits the floor.
Action 3: Turn and fire a silver dagger-like shard at the approaching Harvester. Strike: 1d20+11 = 27 | DMG: 3d6 = 12 M.D.C. (Silver)
Action 4: Reform Silver Blade | Light Blade ready to parry
Action 5: Flurry attack on the MW with the SB and LB. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 26 | SB DMG: 1d6*10 = 50 || LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 28 | LB DMG: 1d6*10 = 10
Action 6: Flurry attack on the MW with the SB and LB. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 22 | SB DMG: 1d6*10 = 30 || LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 29 | LB DMG: 1d6*10 = 40
Action 7: Flurry attack on the MW with the SB and LB. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 20 | SB DMG: 1d6*10 = 10 || LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 28 | LB DMG: 1d6*10 = 10
Action 8: Flurry attack on the MW with the SB and LB. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 29 | SB DMG: 1d6*10 = 50 || LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 27 | LB DMG: 1d6*10 = 60

Contingency if Immobile/Stuck and MW falls
Should the Murder Wraith before him fall, Ronan will turn his attention to the Harvester behind him completely. If Ronan finds he is unable to move from his position to engage the Harvester, he will call for aid against what restrains him from Vheld while trying to break free. "Deuce! I'm immobile due some sort of magic!" Should he break free or be able to move freely, he will engage the Harvester with a furious passion. Should he remain stuck, he will launch several silver shards at the Harvester to encourage it to get closer. Come on, get closer, you filthy death mage. Ronan thinks.

Action 6: Turn, attempt to move (if unsuccessful, call for Vheld)
Action 7: Fire a silver dagger-like shard at the approaching Harvester. Strike: 1d20+11 = 31 | DMG: 3d6 = 8 M.D.C. (Silver)
Action 8: Fire a silver dagger-like shard at the approaching Harvester. Strike: 1d20+11 = 17 | DMG: 3d6 = 3 M.D.C. (Silver)

Contingency if not stuck and MW fall
Should the Murder Wraith before him fall, Ronan will turn his attention to the Harvester behind him completely. If Ronan has freedom of movement, he will simply charge the approaching Harvester and continue his assault (using the strike rolls of the initial post)
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:30 pm

Perception: 79% 1d100 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 35 / 1d100 = 17


Meadow Group
Condition
OOC Comments
OOC Comments
Burst Body Protection 6 ISP for 72MD
On a Ley Line
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.

  • Psychic Body Field 70/70 MDC

Suppress Fear
Enhanced Perception
This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl.


Jack, has his Burst Body Protection on but it doesn’t seem to be protecting him from this Wanker with claws but he is grateful the Force field saved him from a few attacks. When he sees That he wasted time activating his armor Force Field that wasn’t there he activates his activates Psychic Body Field (30 ISP) when the other one goes down. His sword told him he not doing anything when the he had a solid hit. Must need magic or something.He tries to put space between him so he can draw his Skorblade Short Sword and MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol. Then goes back on the attack. “Need some help here seems this guy needs magic to take him down.”

INIT: 1d20+2 = 20

APM: 6

Action 1: Activates Psychic Body Field when the other goes down 30 ISP

Action 2: Drops the Altess Eviscerator and draws Skorblade Short Sword and MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol Dual Weapons: Sword Strike: 1d20+4 = 21 Damage: 1d8 = 4 M.D. Pistol Strike: 1d20 = 14 Damage: 3d6+3 = 10 M.D.

Dual Weapons: Action 3 Sword Strike: 1d20+4 = 24 Damage: 1d8 = 2 M.D. Pistol Strike: 1d20 = 14 Damage: 3d6+3 = 10 M.D.

Dual Weapons: Action 4: Strike Sword: Sword Strike: 1d20+4 = 8 Damage: 1d8 = 8 M.D. Pistol Strike: 1d20 = 2 Damage: 3d6+3 = 15 M.D.

Dual Weapons: Action 5: Sword Strike: 1d20+4 = 20 Damage: 1d8 = 1 M.D. Pistol Strike: 1d20 = 16 Damage: 3d6+3 = 9 M.D.

Dual Weapons: 6: Sword Strike: 1d20+4 = 24 Damage: 1d8 = 1 M.D. Pistol Strike: 1d20 = 16 Damage: 3d6+3 = 10 M.D.

Parry: 1d20+13 = 30 , 1d20+13 = 23 , 1d20+13 = 28 , 1d20+13 = 18 , 1d20+13 = 33 , 1d20+13 = 27
Contingency
If the Magefire Pistols fire seems to wok he will use one of his Action to increase the fire by 10 x Super Fuel 8 ISP
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:58 pm

RUINS GROUP

ROLLS HELD

John runs back upstairs. "Hi, Saul!"

He stops in front of Zion, then waits quietly until Saul reaches them.

"Mierin and Wolf found two tunnels that go East and North, respectively, downstairs. I also found a tunnel under those collapsed stairs to the Southeast. I think Zion should come with me down the East tunnel, and Saul go with the others to the North."

John looks around, "Have you seen Rocky? He was here like 30 seconds ago. We're suggesting he goes North. Underground."

John sticks his head out the inn door. "Rocky, where are you? We're going downstairs!"

He then goes downstairs and waits for the others to join up for a coordinated tunnel approach.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:23 am

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 63 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 47

Condition: Shadow Meld (from armor; ??/40 melees); Sixth Sense (untriggered)

Lexington Ruins Group

As John zips first downstairs and then back upstairs, Saul waits. This unit has no functional cohesion. If this were an actual ambush, we'd be easily taken advantage of. I must keep in mind our goal - as Mierin pointed out, we must stop the ritual to save as many lives as possible... no matter the cost.

John wrote:"Mierin and Wolf found two tunnels that go East and North, respectively, downstairs. I also found a tunnel under those collapsed stairs to the Southeast. I think Zion should come with me down the East tunnel, and Saul go with the others to the North."


We are leaving Rocky on his own. Saul keys on his radio, falling back on the radio protocols he learned as a member of the Dweomer militia. "Rocky, Saul. Unit is investigating tunnels terminating at basement. Possible connect at stairs, in your direction. Be advised you are currently solo. Over."

I don't like this at all. This is a very scattershot approach to investigating. It's going to get someone killed.

With a sigh, he returns to the the basement, and enters the tunnels with Mierin and Wolf. During my time in the Dweomer militia, we'd have proceeded as a group down this tunnel, in fire-and-maneuver formation. However, we appear to have an unclear leadership situation at present, so we have one leader down here calling orders and one leader upstairs investigating on his own.

"Let us waste no more time finding and stopping this ritual. I suggest we search one tunnel at a time, as a group, then circle back to the other one if need be." If Wolf agrees, Saul waits for the team to reconverge before he takes point, blending in with the shadows as he prowls down the tunnel, relying on his Sixth Sense to trigger if they approach something dangerous.

Prowl 60% 1d100 = 56 (From Shadow Meld; SUCCESS)
Intelligence 36% 1d100 = 85 (spot signs of recent tunnel use; FAIL)
Land Navigation 58% 1d100 = 80 (to maintain sense of direction underground - to correspond, if need be, with structures overhead; FAIL)
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 30/30
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 156/156
I.S.P.: 85/98

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:57 pm

**Rolls Held Over**

Paranoid Thought Text

Active Affects: Multi Optics band. Night Vision and Thermal Optics 600'

Lexington Ruins Group


Saul wrote:
"Let us waste no more time finding and stopping this ritual. I suggest we search one tunnel at a time, as a group, then circle back to the other one if need be." If Wolf agrees, Saul waits for the team to reconverge before he takes point, blending in with the shadows as he prowls down the tunnel, relying on his Sixth Sense to trigger if they approach something dangerous.

Prowl 60% Original post: 1d100 = 56 (From Shadow Meld; SUCCESS)


Wolf jumps several inches and lands in an abbreviated crouch when Saul speaks. Wolf slowly looks in the direction of the voice. "You scared the ever loving shit out of me. I think that's a good idea. Lets wait for the others now that we have a solid lead. Honestly I didn't think Saul or John would be so fast down the stairs." Wolf will look at the others slowly coming down the stairs. "Rocky still out there?" Wolf keys his radio, "Rocky we are going to need you down here. I'm sure we have a path leading to the ritual down here."
So sure are you?...It's just to get him down here, nothing more...you can afford to be wrong too many more times...I still haven't been wrong, technicly...You got lucky is all...Are you trying to kill me? Cause that's how it sounds...on the contrary I'm trying to keep you alive. I don't want my own existence to vanish even If I'm stuck up here in you head...you don't exist...don't I, then who are you arguing with? Wolf lets out a low, but audible, irritated groan.

Wolf will wait for the others before proceeding. Wolf will take a defensive position to watch the north tunnel. "Saul you want to watch the east tunnel while we wait?".

When everyone is in the tunnel. "Let head north first." Wolf will then lead the way into the north tunnel with the rest of the group in tow.


IF Rocky does not come down stairs
Wolf will radio him one last time. "Rocky we need you down here now. If you don't get down here, you will be up there with no support. I will not risk this mission for one person. So get down here or get left. Your choice."


Combat posts contingency is still on original post.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:34 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 81
JIC d20: 1d20 = 14 / d100: 1d100 = 48


[size=150]Lexington Group
size]

Conditions
OOC Comments
OOC Comments
See Invisible
Crystal Armor 30 MDC + Force Field 70 MDC
Electrokinesis. Resistance. The psychic can manipulate his body so to become resistant to electricity. Up to 60,000 volts will inflict no damage or ill effect. Currents greater than 60,000 volts, including lightning and magic electricity, do half damage. 4 ISP
Natural Ability
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% 1d100 = 71
Shadow cloak, Shadow Meld: as per the spell at 5th level of proficiency (p.103, BoM) Activation Cost: 10 P.P.E.
Enhance Reflexes: ISP.: 10 This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens al natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).
Ghost
• Range: 170’ To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences

Number of Attacks: 7

INIT 1d20+2 = 15

Rocky hears everyone speaking on the radio, calling for his help he keys the mic and speaks quietly, “Wolf and the rest of the team I am picking up Supernatural Evil to the North East, I repeat Supernatural Evil to the North East. I am moving to get us more information. It might be in the Northeast tunnel you discovered. I suggest you check out that tunnel first so that they don’t come up behind you. Saul, John can you block the North tunnel so nothing can come down there to attack you, at least give you a warning?”
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zed » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:17 pm

Perception: 24% | 1d100 = 46
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 91

MEADOWS

Conditions:
Fly As The Eagle [59 min : 00 sec]

Intentions:
Zed flies higher and higher up and away from the fight while re-upping his Armor of Ithan. He then gathers ppe, and surveys the fight.


Actions:
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 12
Att: 4

ACTION 1: Cast Armor of Ithan [10 ppe, 13.5min]
ACTION 2: Survey the fight, fly around above the field collect ppe from the leyline
ACTION 3: Survey the fight, fly around above the field collect ppe from the leyline
ACTION 4: Survey the fight, fly around above the field collect ppe from the leyline


Skills:
Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 50
To know if there are any general monsters or demons in particular used in rituals from this region.

Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 93
If there were any signs of particular demons and or monsters given the information told to him.

Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 8
If there were any signs of particular demons and or monsters given the information told to him.

Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 59
If there were any signs of particular demons and or monsters given the information told to him.

Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 24
If there were any signs of particular demons and or monsters given the information told to him.

Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic-- 50% | 1d100 = 26
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic-- 50% | 1d100 = 99
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic-- 50% | 1d100 = 91
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic-- 50% | 1d100 = 52
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic-- 50% | 1d100 = 66

All of this is to identify the remaining unknowns


Lore: Magic & Geomancy-- 50% | 1d100 = 52 To understand what spell was cast that raised the dead and how to reverse it
Lore: Magic & Geomancy-- 50% | 1d100 = 27 To understand what spell was cast that raised the dead and how to reverse it
Lore: Magic & Geomancy-- 50% | 1d100 = 32 To understand what spell was cast that raised the dead and how to reverse it
Lore: Magic & Geomancy-- 50% | 1d100 = 20 To understand what spell was cast that raised the dead and how to reverse it
Lore: Magic & Geomancy-- 50% | 1d100 = 28 To understand what spell was cast that raised the dead and how to reverse it


Contingencies:
Zed will attempt to dodge any attacks leveled against him via flight
Zed will recast Armor of Ithan when it is popped
Zed will recast Fly As The Eagle when it ends

Dodge: 1d20+6 = 25, 1d20+6 = 20, 1d20+6 = 15
[OOC: accidentally have the wrong bonus for parries should be +5 not +6 please subtract 1 from each of these parries]
Parry: 1d20+6 = 19, 1d20+6 = 25, 1d20+6 = 14

"I have got to find some space and locate a tide turner."
Last edited by Zed on Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
P.P.E.: 177|30 +3d6/lvl
S.D.C.: 45|45
H.P.: 20|20 +1d6/lvl


Special Abilities
1. One with the body: -50% fatigue rate, hold breath for 3 minutes, +5% to balance
2. One with the mind: alert and able to stay focused even when all hell is breaking loose around him
3. One with Magic: comprehensive understanding of the principles of magic and is especially well versed in ritual magic and power spells
4. Pilot Automaton. [All, but prefers the Colossus]
5. May Draw P.P.E. from ley lines, nexus points, people, and ritual blood sacrifice the same as a Ley Line Walker
6. Link with the Lords of Magic: can draw upon the P.P.E. reserves of the three Lords of Magic to create magic weapons via the Enchant Weapons (minor) spell, at 50% P.P.E. cost to The Three; alerts The Three when a High Mage is killed
7. Automaton Creation & Bonding Rituals: knows the secrets of creating Automatons and the bonding ritual that gives the Controllers their unique union with the magical constructs


Zed aka Daelur Ezekiel Zenth
User avatar
Zed
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zion » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 48 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 15
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Mind Block-Auto Defense, Null Void, Psi Nullification, Sense Supernatural (300'/ 1200') WB12, pg30, Radiate Nature (12'/ 100')WB12, pg30

Group: Lexington Ruins

Turning and looking back into the inn, Zion acknowledges Saul as he returns.


John wrote:"Mierin and Wolf found two tunnels that go East and North, respectively, downstairs. I also found a tunnel under those collapsed stairs to the Southeast. I think Zion should come with me down the East tunnel, and Saul go with the others to the North."

John looks around, "Have you seen Rocky? He was here like 30 seconds ago. We're suggesting he goes North. Underground."


"Rocky? Isn't that your name? Which one was he again? Sorry I can't always member peoples names. Dare faces are no problem, but names gives me a hard time." Zion looks around in an attempt to locate the missing person. As the other members make their way to the basement, Zion follows them down the stairs. He gathers with the rest of them. The rock man isn't named Rocky?! Well dat don't make no sense. It ain't easy either. More dam names to remember. Maybe da'll let me giv'em a nickname or sumting. Make it easier for I.

Saul wrote:"Let us waste no more time finding and stopping this ritual. I suggest we search one tunnel at a time, as a group, then circle back to the other one if need be."


Ya know Mon. I could put up a force field at one end while we search da tunnel. To make sure nutt'n makes it way behind us. I could even block da utter one here, also." Zion points to the other tunnel. "Yes, dare be strength in numbers. Besides, isn't it a tactic to divide and conquer? Don't know bout you but I and I ain't going to let us get conquered." Zion waits for the others to make a decision on the course of actions. If/when everyone enters the tunnel and if no one has objected to his plan, Zion will erect a TK Force field. (30 ISP, 60 minutes duration, 150 MD) at the entrance of the tunnel that they enter.

Skill Roll
Detect Ambush 45% / 1d100 = 21 - to make sure I am not caught by surprise
Zion

Constant Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense, Six Sense, Sense Supernatural Beings, Radiate Nature, Null Void, Psi Nullification and interference

Equipment
Morning Star
    2d6 MD
Wilk's 457 Laser Pulse Rifle
    3D6+2 M.D. per shot or 1D6x10 M.D. burst
    30 shots per LE-Clip
User avatar
Zion
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Daphne » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 92/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 12;1d100 = 42
Conditions: None.

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 21 Nat 20!
Number of attacks: 8

Action One: Fire NG-101 at Unknown 2 while moving back to Kittiani Fighter. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 10; Damage: 6d6 = 26 M.D. Silver.)
Action Two: Fire NG-101 at Unknown 2 while moving back to Kittiani Fighter. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 15; Damage: 6d6 = 17 M.D. Silver.)
Action Three: Enter the Kittani FIghter, and close the cockpit.
Action Four: Pick a target among the new zombies.
Action Five: Fire NG-505 at zombies, taking care to not fire too close to any allies. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 24 Nat 20!; Damage: 1d6*10 = 50+3= 106 M.D. to a 3' radius.)
Action Six: Fire NG-505 at zombies, taking care to not fire too close to any allies. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 13; Damage: 1d6*10 = 60+3= 63 M.D. to a 3' radius.)
Action Seven: Fire NG-505 at zombies, taking care to not fire too close to any allies. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 15; Damage: 1d6*10 = 20+3= 23 M.D. to a 3' radius.)
Action Eight: Fire NG-505 at zombies, taking care to not fire too close to any allies. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 5 Nat 1!; Damage: 1d6*10 = 40+3= 43 M.D. to a 3' radius.)

Parries as needed: 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 23, 1d20+8 = 15, 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 15, 1d20+8 = 14.

Daphne is not pleased, she fires two bursts at the Unknown target on Lhaz before the gun is dry, while making her way back to her fighter. Daphne climbs in and closes the canopy, re-initializing the systems, and picking out a new target. Now that there is a butt load of zombies, Daphne shrugs and fires the anti-ship cannon at the now ambulatory dead, taking care to not hit her companions in the process.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 42 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 4 1d100 = 21

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.
[*] Storm Rider Armor (BoM p. 47): 120 MDC MDC armor; Impervious to all forms of Elemental Magic, Lightning, and even ley line storms; Other types of energy do 1/2 damage; can hover and fly at 60 mph.

Group: Temple

Damn necromancers. Wak activates Storm Rider Armor from the TW function on his armor. Then he floats over to strike Harvester 1 on the opposite side of a Vheld. While floating and striking he makes a few comments over the radio to include Mouser. That necromancer by the alter is mind shattered. Mouser, get in the temple and find me.” With a cold rage behind his voice he says over the radio, Will is down with a hole through his chest! And there is another necromancy with two zombies inside a TK force field around the corner. Well for as long as it lasts.

Wak is glancing to the side to see if the necro has freed himself. This round Wak is focused on a straightforward sword fight and relaying what has occurred over the radio.

APM: 8
Init: 1d20+11 = 21

Don't forget Wak's Advanced Combat Awareness if the Juicers shoot at him! And that he can parry energy blasts with Derilian at a -6.

Action 1: Activates Storm Rider Armor (-30 ppe) from his armor
Action 2: While on the radio flies behind Harvester 1 and striking with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 27 Damage: 10d6+4 = 46
Action 3: While on the radio Strikes Harvester 1 with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 20 Damage: 10d6+4 = 32
Action 4: While on the radio Strikes Harvester 1 with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 27 Damage: 10d6+4 = 42
Action 5: While on the radio Strikes Harvester 1 with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 28 Damage: 10d6+4 = 39
Action 6: While on the radio Strikes Harvester 1 with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 34 CRIT Damage: 10d6+4 = 37x2= 74 MD
Action 7: While on the radio Strikes Harvester 1 with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 33 Damage: 10d6+4 = 39
Action 8: While on the radio Strikes Harvester 1 with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 28 Damage: 10d6+4 = 44

Can parry energy blasts with Derilian at a -6
Auto-dodge against 2 undead juicers if they escape FF: 1d20+11 = 12 1d20+11 = 24 1d20+11 = 21 1d20+11 = 23 1d20+11 = 12 1d20+11 = 19 1d20+11 = 23 1d20+11 = 17
Parry: 1d20+24 = 42 1d20+24 = 27 1d20+24 = 35 1d20+24 = 32 1d20+24 = 29 1d20+24 = 32 1d20+24 = 41 1d20+24 = 33

Contingency: If Storm Rider Armor goes down he will burn an action to activate another Storm Rider Armor from his armor.

Contingency 2:
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 43/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:10 pm

ROLLS HELD

John holds his helmet to his ear, listening to Rocky like he's inside a sea shell. Then he turns the helmet, and talks into it like it's a coconut. "I can solidly fill the hallway behind the group, without leaving a rear guard. We won't be any more surprised by enemies than if I sat in the hall and we won't split our forces."

When Zion mentions a forcefield, John grows to fill the tunnel, blocking it solid for multiple feet. "Leaving a forcefield seems redundant, but it's your call. You may want to save your magic."

John then takes a moment to specifically reach out with his radar senses as far down each hallway as he can.

"Does anyone have sound amplification? Can anyone hear anything? Smell anything?"
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:19 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 2
Init: 1d20 = 16
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 13
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 69
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 91


Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 41
Seymour:
[*]Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw


Skills Used
OOC Comments
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 56 - decent shots
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 38 - sellable shots
Surveillance -- 54% / 1d100 = 3 - activate cameras
Computer Operation 70% / 1d100 = 35 - have a camera “keep six”
Intelligence 40% / 1d100 = 66 - look for journals, paperwork… anything that will help learn their plans
Literacy: American -- 70% / 1d100 = 10 - read anything found
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 52% / 1d100 = 83 - id targets
Radio: Basic -- 67% / 1d100 = 33 - use radio
Prowl 76% / 1d100 = 7 - stay quiet
Gymnastics - Sense of Balance 50% / 1d100 = 32 - see post


Post -
Temple Group
Unknowns 7 & 9 smash bloody red fists against Seymour’s force field repeatedly, causing it to shimmer as a shower of blood falls to the stone tiles around him.

Seymour does his best to hide his terror. {{Save vs HF 1d20+4 = 8}} ”What the fuck?? I am fighting walking blood puddles!! I need to get outta here.” He does his best to drop and roll. His main concern is escaping. ”I need to go NOW!!” Using all his martial skills, he does his best to get away from the “things” beating on him. With a shoulder block, or body check, Seymour slams himself against unknown 7 and then again off unknown 9. ”I need room to move.” As soon as the two uglies are at least a step away, Seymour leaps for the wall, then with a crouching motion as he hits the wall, he leaps across the hall to the far wall. ”Thank the maker I’m a rat!! It is almost instinct to climb like this.” He lets a grin slip out ”Not to mention, FUN!!” Using that wall as a springboard, Seymour launches himself at the bad guy fighting with Vheld. As he connects, he twists his body. With a litle muscle and some torgue, Seymour attempts to knock the bad guy into a wall with some force by using the leap to power his kick.


APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 20

Auto-Parries: 1d20+10 = 28 | 1d20+10 = 15 | 1d20+10 = 22 | 1d20+10 = 21

Auto-Dodges; 1d20+14 = 30 | 1d20+14 = 30 | 1d20+14 = 25 | 1d20+14 = 23

A1: shoulder block (shove away ) #7 - strike 1d20+6 = 13 / Damage 3d6 = 12 MD
A2: shoulder block (shove away )#9 - strike 1d20+6 = 21 / Damage 3d6 = 10 MD
A3: leap to far wall - leap 45’ across and 12’ up… not sure how far away the wall is
A4: use wall as springboard for leap attack
A5-A6: leap attack(kick) on unknown fighting Vheld - double knee - Strike: 1d20+6 = 23 / Damage: 3d6 = 8 MD
Seymour Ruiz
 

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:01 am

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image

Temple Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2201
Environmental Effects: 85°, oppressively humid; night time/dark
Ley Line: 5 miles long, 500' thick, East-West axis, centered on Temple Mound; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: in the wilderness South of Stormspire & East-Northeast of Dunscon; perhaps an hour from the region/forest known as Soulharvest

Order of Battle
Mouser (not yet arrived)
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Brokswa (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Bel'Dar (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)

Wakiza taps the cerulean gem on his armor activating the storm rider feature, and floats over to join Vheld in his rune sword assault on Harvester 1. Vheld presses the attack against Harvester 1, triggering his talisman once more as his magics had been negated, and though his magic defenses absorb a few bursts of weapons fire from the Harvester, he manages to slay the necromancer with his rune weapon. (No instructions given to minions, so no actions taken. See Butcher’s Bill--your conditions changed last round.) Mouser stays hidden and determines that there are the tracks of many humanoids in the dirt around this huge rock. Further, he conjectures that technology-based EM transmissions are being jammed by arcane means. Ronan figures the weapon held by the Murder Wraith must be of an unknown nature as it was quite effective at hurting him. Realizing he’s been shot in the back, he returns a blast to dissuade further action only to see Vheld laying into his target with a fancy-looking sword. Unconcerned by the amassed worms on the wraith before him, Ronan refocuses on his own problem; hacking and slashing at the writhing mass covering the Murder Wraith. His disarming of the undead only causes it to beat upon him bodily with hammer-like blows, but by the end of their flurried exchange, he’s managed to hack away the writhing protection enjoyed by the undead thing. Seymour does his best to drop and roll. With a shoulder block, or body check, Seymour slams himself against unknown 7 and then again off unknown 9. Neither impact has any discernible effect upon the walking heaps of blood and gore. It’s like slamming into a bag of water, all the kinetic energy from his body is simply absorbed by the masses. Seymour leaps for the Western wall and uses it to launch in Vheld’s direction, but comes up short by the sight of a huge, staring, tyrannical, floating eye creature looming between them. The shambling sacks of blood pursue him throughout his actions, landing blows when able. While Wakiza and Vheld are focused on murdering Harvester 1, Harvester 2 and his Murder Wraith bodyguards cross the temple's main chamber towards the archway. The necromancer directs one of his bodyguards to slaughter one of the group of captives, and Unknown 8 sloshes towards the remaining group. En route to the archway, a number of clouds of smoke are created, obfuscating the area around the arch, and the disabling enchantment in front of it vanishes.

Map (open in new tab)

GM NOTES:
  • You're in the very heart of Soulharvest.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

Bel'Dar:
Brokswa:
Mouser:
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED; -82 personal M.D.
  • Armor of Ithan: POPPED
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Seymour:
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100/-81 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Sshir:
Vheld: -50 P.P.E.; -2 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.; Invincible Armor: 225/-36 MD
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: DEAD)
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 36 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 73

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 50 (88%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 89 (59%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Prowl 1d100 = 10 (83%) to creep along the tunnel without being detected

Lexington Ruins Group

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet - active
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare
Sustain – duration: 20 days


Mierin is a bit surprised when the exploration of the store room reveals a couple of tunnels going who knows where to who knows what. Maybe this wasn't a complete waste of time after all' However, when Wolf starts to say the two of them should explore to the north and the remainder of the group should go east, Mierin starts to shake her head and mention how that was NOT a good idea when John comes down and Wolf tells him about the tunnels. Luckily, the newcomer, Zion and Saul register their concerns at the idea of splitting up, so Mierin doesn't have to talk some sense into Wolf again. She nods at Zion's idea of a forcefield. ”That's a good idea. We can control who enters the tunnel after us.” Mierin shrugs at John, "That's another option. As long as we keep anyone from creeping up on us from behind, I'm good."

"Does anyone have sound amplification? Can anyone hear anything? Smell anything?"


Mierin shakes her head to indicate she did not have sound or scent amplification. She nods at Saul's comment that they shouldn't waste any time and says, ”Let's get going then.” Mierin then follows Saul, keeping an eye out for signs of trouble as they head along the tunnel.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 4 1d100 = 1

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.
[*] Storm Rider Armor (BoM p. 47): 120 MDC MDC armor; Impervious to all forms of Elemental Magic, Lightning, and even ley line storms; Other types of energy do 1/2 damage; can hover and fly at 60 mph.

Group: Temple

Wak sees the necro and two zombies may be escaping and only hesitates for a split second. He is not to far gone to realize he is still around to protect others and he thinks, besides Will would have wanted me to stop more killing rather than chase his killers. He flies to the blood bag butchering the captives and starts to wail on it with Derilian. He yells on comms, "The last necro and his two zombies are escaping through that smoke!" Once the blood bag goes down he will try to move and stop them from escaping and use the rest of his blows on the one he encounters first. He will not go through the doorway if they are disappearing.

APM: 8
Init: 1d20+11 = 25

Don't forget Wak's Advanced Combat Awareness if the Juicers shoot at him! And that he can parry energy blasts with Derilian at a -6.

Action 1: While on the radio flies to the blood thing and strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 24 Damage: 10d6+4 = 37
Action 2: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 33 Damage: 10d6+4 = 43
Action 3: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 23 Damage: 10d6+4 = 38
Action 4: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 26 Damage: 10d6+4 = 33
Action 5: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 35 CRIT Damage: 10d6+4 = 44 x2= 88 MD
Action 6: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 31 Damage: 10d6+4 = 33
Action 7: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 18 Damage: 10d6+4 = 43
Action 8: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 20 Damage: 10d6+4 = 37

Can parry energy blasts with Derilian at a -6
Auto-dodge against 2 undead juicers if they escape FF: 1d20+11 = 23 1d20+11 = 25 1d20+11 = 15 1d20+11 = 14 1d20+11 = 28 1d20+11 = 29 1d20+11 = 21 1d20+11 = 13
Parry: 1d20+24 = 32 1d20+24 = 41 1d20+24 = 42 1d20+24 = 37 1d20+24 = 38 1d20+24 = 41 1d20+24 = 41 1d20+24 = 33

Contingency: If Storm Rider Armor goes down he will burn an action to activate another Storm Rider Armor from his armor.

Contingency 2:
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 43/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:37 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image

Lexington Ruins Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2022
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Zion (MARS)

After a great deal of back and forth communication and running to and fro, Wolf, Mierin, and Zion follow Saul as he moves slowly and as quietly through the north passage. Zion erects a telekinetic force field blocking the entrance behind them as they proceed up the northern passage. Shortly after erecting the force field, the group slinks North up the passage. They quickly find reason to groan as path opens up in numerous directions. They all largely appear to be similar, save for the the branch to the Northeast whose architecture and materials appear to be of a more advanced nature as there appear to be polished tiles and stairs present in that direction as opposed to the rough-hewn rock walls, loose rock, and packed dirt of the tunnels in which they stand.

Rocky refuses the group's invitation, and persists in his individual pursuit. Continuing a little further to the Northeast, he faces a similar conundrum to that of the party below ground: he many choices of direction to travel. He still senses the supernatural evil is somewhere to the Northeast, but he's it's definitely closer. One thing catches his eye, however: there's a subterranean stairwell to to the Southeast of his current position which is nestled between the crumbling walls of the ruins.


Map (open in new tab)
Rocky's Map (open in new tab)
GM NOTE:
  • You're in the heart of the Lexington Ruins.
  • You have a default 2% chance to be struck by lightning, 5% if in heavy armor/PA/RCV/vehicle, 10% if flying (all if outside).


Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

John Altfeld:
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes
Saul: -16 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins)
Wolf Whitaker:
Zion: -30 ISP
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:25 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 44 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 46

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Furious / Vengeful], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [---/160]

ISP: [-56] 155/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 94

Main Body: 163/440
L.Arm: 42/90 // R.Arm: 68/90
Left Leg: 111/175 // Right Leg: 51/175




MEADOWS MARAUDERS ...

Tony's explosive destruction and the various damage indicators infuriate Lahz as the quick little bastard pulls a hammer out of his ass (seeing as it had never been mentioned in any prior description). The Psi-Tech draws 1d6+8 = 14 ISP and it along with a chunk of his psychic energy into Telekinesis: Super [70 ISP (56 personal), 700lbs, 1600', 32.00 Min, RUE p.182)[double range/duration]. Defensively the Psi-Tech steps backwards as he seizes Unknown-2/MurderWraith lifts it 3 feet into the air holding it/him aloft (no damage)(action repeats until successful hopefully), *Should be harder for him to move around with no ground under him.*

He circles around the creature towards the opposite side from its weapon 4-5 steps (West if applicable?), then fires a blast with the WI-GL8, 4-5 steps, then another blast with the WI-GL8 as appropriate, *Circle away to from the weapon to make it harder to hit back ... until we're frakking behind him, then ... to the back of his devil-damned spine.*

Lahz will turn his sidearm on the next closest enemy but keep distance if this target dies, and parry with his Mace or dodge as needed and will use up to attacks as appropriate (take off end).

APM: 9
Init [+2]: 1d20+2 = 14

1 -- TK Grab Unknown-2/MurderWraith EP Grab and lift into the air (3ft)
2 -- IF the prior TK grab was unsuccessful, try again 1d20+3 = 17, otherwise take a few steps and shoot at said target, circling
3 -- IF the prior TK grab was unsuccessful, try again 1d20+3 = 19, otherwise take a few steps and shoot at said target, circling
4 -- IF the prior TK grab was unsuccessful, try again 1d20+3 = 4, otherwise take a few steps and shoot at said target, circling

Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Unknown-2/MurderWraith using additional attacks: 1d20+6 = 24(Crit), 1d20+6 = 9, 1d20+6 = 22, 1d20+6 = 17, 1d20+6 = 23, 1d20+6 = 12, 1d20+6 = 9, 1d20+6 = 9

Damage: 5d6 = 15, 5d6 = 22, 5d6 = 18, 5d6 = 25, 5d6 = 21, 5d6 = 21, 5d6 = 13, 5d6 = 11, 5d6 = 18

Once his primary target falls, Lahz will turn his fire on alternate Targets: Unknown 2-MurderWraith, then whatever undead is closest.

Parries as needed [+11] with heavy Mace: 1d20+11 = 18, 1d20+11 = 24, 1d20+11 = 29, 1d20+11 = 13, 1d20+11 = 27, 1d20+11 = 23, 1d20+11 = 14, 1d20+11 = 19

Dodges as needed [+8]: 1d20+8 = 26, 1d20+8 = 26, 1d20+8 = 26, 1d20+8 = 10, 1d20+8 = 17,



Augur wrote:The slugs shred huge chunks from the humanoid figure’s armored body, and the robot puts up a good fight with its own weapon, but the undead thing is simply too much for the automaton and on the far East side of the field it ends up smashed and blasted despite Zed’s magical assist to the point that its nuclear power plant explodes.

This suggests utter destruction
Butcher's Bill wrote:Butcher's Bill
Tony the Tiger-Bot: Cyborg Armor Destroyed; Main Body: 300/-238 M.D.; WI-GL8: -15 silver shots

This suggests the potential for repair with 62/300 remaining if the power plant can be replaced

Please confirm which.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:58 am

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 4 (CRIT. SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 13
1d100 = 49

Condition: Shadow Meld (from armor; ??/40 melees); Sixth Sense (untriggered)

Lexington Ruins Group

Rocky wrote:“Wolf and the rest of the team I am picking up Supernatural Evil to the North East, I repeat Supernatural Evil to the North East. I am moving to get us more information. It might be in the Northeast tunnel you discovered. I suggest you check out that tunnel first so that they don’t come up behind you. Saul, John can you block the North tunnel so nothing can come down there to attack you, at least give you a warning?


Perhaps this is the same supernatural evil we are both sensing... As Saul prowls, he again concentrates on detecting supernatural evil, to see if they are perhaps on the same track. I can't track the evil the way Rocky apparently can, but if I keep it within range it will act as a makeshift 'evil downsing-rod' of sorts. He focuses particularly when they come to the 5-way intersection.

Sense Supernatural Evil 65% 1d100 = 99 (Range: 360'; Is it still in range? FAIL )

Prowl 60% 1d100 = 75 (From Shadow Meld; FAIL)

If so, either of us can potentially serve as reinforcements to the other - whomever encounters it first. If Rocky encounters it first, however, he shall have to hold it off alone until we can arrive, which could prove difficult. We shall have to play it by ear, and hope that this wasn't a horrendous miscalculation.

"We shall give it a look, and block it if necessary. Stay in radio contact. Over." Saul gives a look to John. "We may need to access it if Rocky is assaulted."

Saul whispers his appraisal of the intersection, "It appears the southern passage on our right reconnects with the earlier side passage from the basement. This has the seeming of a warren of sorts. Zion - we may need to reposition your forcefield. I suggest we proceed northeast - that finished corridor seems worth a look - and place the forcefield at the mouth of that corridor after we pass." He will wait for a consensus before proceeding.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 30/30
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 156/156
I.S.P.: 85/98

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47 / 24%
JIC: 1d100 = 71 / 1d20 = 2



Paranoia Thought Text



Lexington Ruins Group

Active Conditions: Thermal and Night Vision 600'


Wolf looks to each path briefly giving a silent chuckle to himself. Looks like this may turn out be be quite the labyrinth...Well don't get lost, or do that would be more fun...Lets hope not, we still need to shut down this ritual...Always work with you. You need to take some time for yourself and just enjoy this life while you can. Well maybe once you can un-ass these tag-alongs. That monkey looks like he may have it out for you...Saul is just one of those righteous people. Mierin is good people. She has a good head on her, although she likely thinks me an idiot with all the back and forth that just transpired...Oh well, it will make her try that much less when she tries to kill you...I can't play the fool forever. It would get tiresome and no one would want to hire me.

Wolf will nod to Saul, "Good assessment." He will turn to Zion," Zion how badly do these force fields tax you? If you create two more will you have enough strength to fight when the time comes? If you can place one where Saul indicated after we pass, do so."

Wolf keys his radio, "Rocky, we have man made architecture to the northeast. We will keep you updated on our findings. Give us a call if you find what you are chasing. I'm sure John would be able to make it to you." Wolf unkeys his radio and mutters under his breath, "Not sure if anyone else would be able to reach you. But I guess you don't need back up, do you."

Wolf will turn to the group, "Rocky is heading northeast and we now have a path leading northeast I recommend we check it out. At the very least we will be able to regroup with Rocky. Zion place a force field behind us so nothing gets behind us. Be ready for anything." Wolf will lead the group through the northeast passage when everyone is ready to move.

Prowl-- 1d100 = 54/55% PASS (Moving quietly through the tunnels)

Combat Contingency
Init: 1d20+14 = 22

APM=6

Action 1: Dual Shot with NE-6SLs Right Strike: 1d20+4 = 17; Left Strike: 1d20+4 = 9; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 20; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
Action 2: Dual Shot with NE-6SLs Right Strike: 1d20+4 = 13; Left Strike: 1d20+4 = 16; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 10; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 20
Action 3: Dual Shot with NE-6SLs Right Strike: 1d20+4 = 14; Left Strike: 1d20+4 = 7; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 30; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 20
Action 4: Dual Shot with NE-6SLs Right Strike: 1d20+4 = 8; Left Strike: 1d20+4 = 15; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 30; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 20
Action 5 and 6: Dodge: 1d20+9 = 13; 1d20+9 = 28

Parry: 1d20+9 = 15; 1d20+9 = 13; 1d20+9 = 16; 1d20+9 = 12; 1d20+9 = 16; 1d20+9 = 29
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:14 pm

JiC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 73
Perception [33%]: 1d100 = 59
Intelligence [59%]: 1d100 = 16 (Try to determine what has him stuck, and how he can escape? Can his powerful strength or silvery manifestations help, or will he need the aid of one of his magical companions?)

Okay, you fiend, nothing protecting you anymore and your punches aren't worth anything. Time to return to the dead, permanently. Ronan muses as he resigns to dealing with the Murder Wraith directly in front of him, being the only thing he can properly identify and remaining immobile due to the magical substance beneath him. He'll continue his flurry until it dies.

If Ronan can determine a means of escaping the magical stuck he is experiencing, he will. Otherwise, he will radio the team amidst the flurry. "I am immobile and I can't seem to break free. Get me un-grounded and I can help control the field." Ronan states over the secure line.

APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 13
Parries [against Skorblades or other unidentified weapons with the Silver Blade]: 1d20+16 = 30 | 1d20+16 = 30 | 1d20+16 = 21 | 1d20+16 = 28 | 1d20+16 = 30 | 1d20+16 = 19 | 1d20+16 = 31 | 1d20+16 = 35

Action 1: Radio and Strike the MW with the Light Blade. LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 13 | LB Damage: 1d6*10 = 50
Action 2: Flurry on the MW with the Silver Blade and Light Blade. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 20 | SB Damage: 1d6*10 = 60 ;; LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 26 | LB Damage: 1d6*10 = 20
Action 3: Flurry on the MW with the Silver Blade and Light Blade. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 26 | SB Damage: 1d6*10 = 20 ;; LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 19 | LB Damage: 1d6*10 = 10
Action 4: Flurry on the MW with the Silver Blade and Light Blade. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 17 | SB Damage: 1d6*10 = 10 ;; LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 16 | LB Damage: 1d6*10 = 40
Action 5: Flurry on the MW with the Silver Blade and Light Blade. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 22 | SB Damage: 1d6*10 = 20 ;; LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 27 | LB Damage: 1d6*10 = 10
Action 6: Flurry on the MW with the Silver Blade and Light Blade. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 15 | SB Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 ;; LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 18 | LB Damage: 1d6*10 = 10
Action 7: Flurry on the MW with the Silver Blade and Light Blade. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 19 | SB Damage: 1d6*10 = 30 ;; LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 27 | LB Damage: 1d6*10 = 60
Action 8: Flurry on the MW with the Silver Blade and Light Blade. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 21 | SB Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 ;; LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 17 | LB Damage: 1d6*10 = 60

Contingency:
If the Murder Wraith dies, and he can free himself, he will move to the nearest Harvester and continue his assault, thinking the spellcasters are the larger threat than blood golems or remaining wraiths.

If he is unable to unstuck himself, Ronan will spend the remainder trying to break free, using anything at his disposal to do so.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:23 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 19
Init: 1d20 = 1
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 20
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 65
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 1


Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 81
Seymour:
[*]Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw


Skills Used
OOC Comments
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 24 - decent shots
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 24 - sellable shots
Surveillance -- 54% / 1d100 = 98 - activate cameras
Computer Operation 70% / 1d100 = 58 - have a camera “keep six”
Intelligence 40% / 1d100 = 50 - look for journals, paperwork… anything that will help learn their plans
Literacy: American -- 70% / 1d100 = 50 - read anything found
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 52% / 1d100 = 98 - id targets
Radio: Basic -- 67% / 1d100 = 30 - use radio
Prowl 76% / 1d100 = 20 - stay quiet
Gymnastics - Sense of Balance 50% / 1d100 = 85 - see post


Post -
Temple Group

”What The fuck??!!” Seymour doesnt know what to make of the thing in front of him. As he prepares to take to the air, he pulls his Empress. Approaching it quickly, Seymour decides to try something crazy. He fires off a shot, hoping to hit the large eye looking at him. Following the shot, Seymour tucks into a ball, attempting to roll under eye-thing. As he rolls under it he pulls his trigger and lets go with another shot. ”Luck be my lady!!”. Continiuing to roll he tries to gain some space. Stopping in a kneeling position, Seymour takes a pot shot at the retreating necro and goons. Then without waiting to see if there is a reaction, Seymour hits a key on his drone gauntlet. ’Follow them!! ”I need to put guns on those drones.” He thinks as he watches the screen. All the while, trying to not get killed.

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 15

Auto-Parries: 1d20+10 = 22 | 1d20+10 = 14 | 1d20+10 = 15 | 1d20+10 = 14

Auto-Dodges; 1d20+14 = 33 | 1d20+14 = 25 | 1d20+14 = 20 | 1d20+14 = 34

A1: shoot Empress Pistol at eye thing - Strike 1d20+9 = 26 / Damage 6d6 = 16 ’Eat This!!
A2: tuck and roll
A3: Fire Empress Pistol at eye thing - Strike 1d20+9 = 22 / Damage 6d6 = 25 ”Luck be my lady!”
A4: roll / Dodge
A5: Fire Empress Pistol at retreating foes - Strike 1d20+6 = 17 / Damage 6d6 = 19 +EMP?
A6: Send drone F1 to follow thru fog
Seymour Ruiz
 

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:30 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image

Meadow Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2031.25
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Northeast of the Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Daphne (MARS; Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
Felix (MARS, flying solo)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Zed (Roughnecks; flying solo)

Daphne unleashes two ineffectual bursts from her rail gun at Unknown 2 while making her way back to her fighter. She climbs in, closes the canopy, and re-initializes the systems. Once her systems restart, she sends a series of big rail gun slugs into the masses of newly arisen undead. None are massed so close as to get caught in the are of effect from the slugs, but the slugs blast right through the shambling corpses of the people they were here to rescue. The four shots mow down six of the walking dead. The Gravedigger looks startled at first, then tears into the fresh meat with renewed vigor. The remaining mob of shambling corpses, mainly still smoldering from Jack's fire, shuffle quickly after the fleeing crowds of frightened villagers. Unknown 7, meanwhile, pours streams of laserfire downrange at Daphne's fighter. Much of it misses, but enough hit to cause her damage indicator to light up.

Jack wills into existence psychic body field to protect himself. He steps lively towards the West to put some space between him and the putrescent undead, dropping his unusual sword as he moves, and draw his Skorblade and Magefire pistol. He blasts and slashes the undead as it stays on top of him. Either it’s one tough nut, or his weapons aren’t particularly powerful. All but one of his strikes finds its mark, but, though he’s definitely doing great harm, the thing is still very much capable of doing him harm though Jack's able to readily deflect each of its attacks. What's more worrisome is the big zombie with the cross-chest cybernetic drug dispenser that turns and attacks him. It has a magic sword much like his own, and a big energy rifle of some kind slung over one shoulder. Jack manages with some mixture of luck and skill to deflect every sword blow, but the thing (Unknown 1) is incredibly fast, and Jack's certain that it's only a matter of time before he falls if he doesn't get some help.

Lahz seizes Unknown 2 with his telekinetic grasp, a pair of rail gun bursts from behind Lahz catch it dead center to absolutely no effect. Lahz then streams silver shotgun blasts at the thing, but even seized telekinetically, it manages to twitch enough that his aim is spoiled more often than not. Still, the shotgun blasts are gradually doing their job, and he’s grimly satisfied to see that his first shot destroys the thing’s energy rifle, so it can’t shoot back.

Felix activates the thermal-imaging suite in his helmet and sees nothing. He suddenly recoils in horror as something emerges from the shadows all around on this dark and stormy night. It looks around, and then begins to bound westward from shadow to shadow, apparently removing itself from the blazing field.
Image
He calls out over the radio, stumbling back from it, and is further shocked to find his feet free of the damnable enchantment. Likewise, the smoky wall of shadows was gone as well. He lifts off into the smoky air, and surveys the field.

Zed gains some altitude away from the fight and tries to invoke another protective spell, but he’s completely out of energy. He considers gathering some energy from the ley line, but then is distracted by the scene below (no posted roll for such--know the mechanics!) and surveys the fight. He’s not aware of any monsters or demons in particular which are used in rituals, and certainly has no basis of knowledge regarding any regional variations on such. He’s not familiar with whatever spell was cast which raised the dead, nor is he familiar with any of the various types of undead they’ve seen here tonight--save for the Murder Wraiths Lahz and Jack are fighting.

MAP
Image


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

Black Talon Motorcycle:
Daphne: NG-101: 300/-300 rds; NG-EX10: -44 M.D. & minor seal breach
Felix: -11 I.S.P.; Psionic Force Field: 120/-21 M.D.C.
Jack Killian: -119 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
Lahz: (Sustain active), -10 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -29 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; Main Body: 440/-277, Right Leg: -124, Left Leg: -64, R.FA Laser: -50, R.Arm: -22, L.Arm: -48, Laser Pulse Cannon: -23 M.D., 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; -30 M.D. to Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter: Main Body: -184 M.D., -4 AP mini-missiles; NG-505: 90/-4 shots
Tony the Tiger-Bot: Destroyed
Zed: -191 P.P.E.; Fly as the Eagle activated at 2000; AoI: popped.; Chameleon @ 2030.5 (12.75 mins)
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:23 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 55
JIC d20: 1d20 = 7 / d100: 1d100 = 64


Lexington Group

Conditions
Comments
OOC Comments
Six Sense
See Invisible
Crystal Armor 30 MDC + Force Field 70 MDC
Electrokinesis. Resistance. The psychic can manipulate his body so to become resistant to electricity. Up to 60,000 volts will inflict no damage or ill effect. Currents greater than 60,000 volts, including lightning and magic electricity, do half damage. 4 ISP
Natural Ability
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% 1d100 = 42
Shadow cloak, Shadow Meld: as per the spell at 5th level of proficiency (p.103, BoM) Activation Cost: 10 P.P.E.
Enhance Reflexes: ISP.: 10 This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens al natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).
Ghost
• Range: 170’ To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences


Number of Attacks: 7

INIT 1d20+2 = 20

Rocky is glad that the others are together, he looks at the stairs and decides, “I got to go down there. and see what is down there. Yea stay a ghost and blend into the walls, use the cloak to make sure I stay hidden.”
Prowl 98 / 1d100 = 1 Super Stealth!

Rocky slowly descends the stairs. Always, just his head sticking out. He draws his Thunder Gun.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:20 pm

OOC: Augur, Butcher's Bill error, Lahz should be down by 56 ISP (not 10)

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 93 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: 1d100 = 37

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Furious / Vengeful], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [---/160], Telekinesis: Super (700lbs, 1600', 31.75 Min, RUE p.182)

ISP: [-56] 155/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 30

Main Body: 163/440
L.Arm: 42/90 // R.Arm: 68/90
Left Leg: 111/175 // Right Leg: 51/175




MEADOWS MARAUDERS ...

Lahz circles until he is behind the MurderWraith(2) as it hovers aloft. There he blasts away repeatedly with the WI-GL8 and will position himself so that his erstwhile Telekinetic-Target provides him cover from any attack, "Death-juicer-looking-thing-needs Silver, or maybe Magic."

Lahz will parry with his Mace or dodge as needed and will use up to attacks as appropriate (take off end).

** Contingency: If MurderWraith(2) dies (more), Lahz heads back south towards the wall to use it as cover. If he catches sight of Jack (or Jack calls for help), Lahz will TK the Murder Wraith (1 attack to grab from a distance, then lift it 100 ft, and face it upwards praying the frakking lightning fries it). If that fails because the bastage dodges, Lahz will try his luck with the other Blighter (8?) TK Grab him, and use him to parry attacks towards Jack.

APM: 9 (-1 to keep MurderWraith(2) TK'd)
Init [+2]: 1d20+2 = 20

1 -- WI-GL8 at MurderWraith(2), 1d20+6 = 23, 5d6 = 11
2 -- WI-GL8 at MurderWraith(2), 1d20+6 = 25 (Crit), 5d6 = 12 *2= 24
3 -- WI-GL8 at MurderWraith(2), 1d20+6 = 19, 5d6 = 20
4 -- WI-GL8 at MurderWraith(2), 1d20+6 = 25 (Crit), 5d6 = 24 *2= 48
5 -- WI-GL8 at MurderWraith(2), 1d20+6 = 11, 5d6 = 17
6 -- WI-GL8 at MurderWraith(2), 1d20+6 = 25 (Crit), 5d6 = 21 *2= 42
7 -- WI-GL8 at MurderWraith(2), 1d20+6 = 21, 5d6 = 21
8 -- WI-GL8 at MurderWraith(2), 1d20+6 = 14, 5d6 = 20

*** Contingencies:
TK grab MurderWraith(1): 1d20+3 = 4 and lift him 100ft up
TK grab Blighter(8): 1d20+3 = 16, and parry attacks with the Blighter (Parries): 1d20+4 = 5, 1d20+4 = 19, 1d20+4 = 5, 1d20+4 = 6


Parries as needed [+11] with heavy Mace: 1d20+11 = 19, 1d20+11 = 31, 1d20+11 = 29, 1d20+11 = 29, 1d20+11 = 16, 1d20+11 = 13

Dodges as needed [+8]: 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 10, 1d20+8 = 10, 1d20+8 = 9, 1d20+8 = 16
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:56 pm

Temple Group
Initiative: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 40
PER: 1d100 = 71 vs. 76%
APM: 7
Conditions
[*]Dimension Sense: 90% skill, Vheld will detect any dimension-based magic (including teleports, opening of portals, etc.) that occurs, 8.5m remaining. If dimension magic is detected, Vheld can attempt to alter the course of the spell; see R:UE P. 121-122 for details.
[*]Invincible armor: 108/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc. 52.75m remaining. BoM P. 121.
[*]Mystic portal: 18.75m remaining, R:UE P. 219-20.
[*]Storm staff active: 3.75m remaining, Vheld is impervious to non-magical energy attacks and can fire up to four lightning bolts each melee
Time to minions' arrival
Sil: ARRIVED.
Bel'Dar/Sshir: ARRIVED.
Brokswa: ARRIVED.
Slithn: Spd 15*5 = 75 yds/melee; 7 rounds to arrival.
Lore: Demons and Monsters- 1d100 = 77 vs. 99%
Lore: Faeries and Creatures of Magic- 1d100 = 43 vs. 94%
Lore: D-Bee- 1d100 = 67 vs. 64%
All to try and determine the name/weaknesses of the ‘unknowns.’
Lore: Magic- 1d100 = 54 vs. 94%
To try and determine whether the spell Desiccate the Supernatural (BoM, P. 127-128) will do extra damage to the unknowns.

Invincible armor regeneration for this round: 1d6 = 3 MDC
Wakiza wrote:Will is down with a hole through his chest! And there is another necromancy with two zombies inside a TK force field around the corner. Well for as long as it lasts.
Curiously, and somewhat uncharacteristically, Vheld feels a small pit in his stomach as Wakiza shares the news of Will’s fall. Vheld shoves his feelings aside to focus on the task at hand. Later. Stop the ritual first. With half the battlefield covered in smoke, Vheld’s options are limited. He just has to trust that Ronan and Seymour can keep themselves alive, and keep the necromancers’ minions off of the shifter, for long enough to ensure that Vheld can (hopefully) stop the ritual.

For starters, protecting the civilians, since that seemed to work well before. Then an all-out assault on the Harvester conducting the ritual. After that, mop up the minions.

Wakiza wrote:"The last necro and his two zombies are escaping through that smoke!"
As Vheld moves about the field and completes his spellcasting, he growls back ”I’m busy. Take care of it.” Fine. I’ll do it myself.

Ronan wrote:"I am immobile and I can't seem to break free. Get me un-grounded and I can help control the field."
Vheld says nothing at Ronan’s request- he knows with grim certainty that the alien commando is a sitting duck trapped in a carpet of adhesion. Not good. One down, one immobilized, and Seymour of all people watching my back. Hold on, dammit.

Action 1: Cast energy field ((-10 PPE)) on the group of civilians. See contingency #3 below.
Actions 2+3: If Unknown 8 doesn’t shift its attack to Vheld, and doesn’t appear to be in immediate danger of breaching the energy field, then he will close to melee with Harvester #3. Otherwise, Vheld will use these actions to attack it (see contingency #3).
Action 4: Sword strike targeting Unknown 8 or Harvester 3 (see contingency #4). 1d20+6 = 8 to strike, 6d6+3 = 19 MD.
Action 5: Sword strike. 1d20+6 = 22 to strike, 6d6+3 = 23 MD.
Action 6: Sword strike. 1d20+6 = 17 to strike, 6d6+3 = 22 MD.
Action 7: Sword strike. 1d20+6 = 25 to strike, 6d6+3 = 29x2=58 MD.

Contingencies:
1) If Vheld’s invincible armor is depleted he will sacrifice an action to use his talisman again.
2) If the invincible armor on Harvester 3 drops and Vheld has a shot, he will sacrifice an action to cast lifeblast ((-15 PPE)). He will do this at least once until the ritual is interrupted; see this post for effects.
3) If Vheld is unable to surround the civilians in an energy field without trapping the unknown in it with them, he will instead attack Unknown 8. Alternatively, if Unknown 8 demonstrates that it is an immediate threat to either Vheld himself or the civilians, Vheld will likewise attack it. Either way, when he attacks it Vheld will use two actions to cast one of two spells. If his knowledge (see lore roles) suggests that the unknown is vulnerable to the moisture-draining spell Desiccate the Supernatural (BoM P. 127-128), Vheld will cast that ((-50 PPE)), otherwise he will cast Barrage (BoM P. 110; -15 PPE). If Vheld has to fend Unknown 8 off before placing an energy field over the civilians, he will sacrifice an action ASAP to do so once the unknown is far enough away.
4) If Unknown 8 continues to be an immediate threat to Vheld (i.e., is doing serious damage to his invincible armor) or the civilians (Vheld is unable to get an energy field up, or the field he does cast will be breached before the beginning of the next round), he will target it with his sword strikes. Otherwise, his target will be Harvester 3 (as it will be if Vheld kills Unknown 8).

Auto-parries with staff (will not interrupt casting to defend): 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 21, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 16, 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 19, 1d20+7 = 15

((PPE will be deducted from signature after GM post.))

Sil
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 46
APM: 5
Conditions
[*]Invincible armor: 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc. 54m remaining. BoM P. 121.


Sil will attack Unknown 7. If it dies, she will switch to Unknown 9.

Action 1: Attack: 1d20+6 = 9 to strike, 3d6 = 6 MD.
Action 2: Attack: 1d20+6 = 12 to strike, 3d6 = 15 MD.
Action 3: Attack: 1d20+6 = 13 to strike, 3d6 = 7 MD.
Action 4: Attack: 1d20+6 = 8 to strike, 3d6 = 12 MD.
Action 5: Attack: 1d20+6 = 11 to strike, 3d6 = 8 MD.

Contingencies:
1) Reactivate invincible armor talisman if it is depleted.
2) Sacrifice an action to shift into phantom form if Sil is in serious danger of being killed, then retreat to the minions.
Auto-dodges: 1d20+6 = 11, 1d20+6 = 12, 1d20+6 = 16, 1d20+6 = 22, 1d20+6 = 26

((Minion combat rolls available upon request.))
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 406/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 81/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
MDC: 294/330 (Sshir)
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mouser » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:37 am

Perception: 92% 1d100 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 4 1d20 = 14

Mouser wasn't quite sure what to do next. The heavy foot traffic observed at least gave the robot some measure of certainty that friendlies at least had been in the area recently. The two demonic creatures though still presented a significant problem. Mouser decided it was perhaps best to try and slip past them to see where everyone had gotten off to, so after a moment to try and decide the best way to go, Mouser would try to stealthily slink by and then hopefully go on to continue trying to track down Wakiza and any other friendlies.

Contingency:
With it now established that friendlies were around somewhere in the area, should Mouser be spotted and attacked, the robot would focus on defensive evasions and counter fire, while continuing to try to locate and join up with Wakiza and the others. Additionally, if attacked, Mouser would just give up on any further attempts at stealthy movement and instead go full out and start moving at top speed.

"Skill Rolls"
Skills for Attempting to continue to remain unnoticed:
Prowl 88% 1d100 = 79
Camouflage 95% 1d100 = 28

Skills used to try and track down the Roughnecks:
Tracking (people) 95% 1d100 = 89
Sensory Equipment 99% 1d100 = 22
Optic Systems 99% 1d100 = 54


"Contingency Combat Rolls"
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 22

Action 1: Attack with Mini Gun (2000ft range) 1d20+9 = 18 Damage: 2d4 = 4
Action 2: Attack with Mini Gun (2000ft range) 1d20+9 = 29 Damage: 2d4 = 5
Action 3: Reserved for Dodge/Parry/Running
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge/Parry/Roll with Impact/Running
Action 5: Attack with Mini Gun (2000ft range) 1d20+9 = 29 Damage: 2d4 = 7
Action 6: Attack with Mini Gun (2000ft range) 1d20+9 = 19 Damage: 2d4 = 3
Action 7: Attack with Mini Gun (2000ft range) 1d20+9 = 18 Damage: 2d4 = 4
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge/Parry/running
Action 9: Reserved for Dodge/Parry/Roll with Impact/Running
Action 10: Reserved for Dodge/Parry/Roll with Impact/Running
Action 11: Attack with Mini Gun (2000ft range) 1d20+9 = 21 Damage: 2d4 = 5

Contingency Dodges: 1d20+18 = 38 1d20+18 = 221d20+18 = 241d20+18 = 341d20+18 = 19
Contingency Parry: 1d20+14 = 291d20+14 = 241d20+14 = 281d20+14 = 241d20+14 = 18
Contingency Roll with Impact: 1d20+5 = 201d20+5 = 211d20+5 = 19
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Felix » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70/43%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 29
JIC(20): 1d20 = 2

Conditions (as of this post): Suppress Fear: 3:15 remaining; Psionic Force Field (99 M.D.C. remaining): 17:45 remaining

Initiative Roll: 1d20+4 = 15

Actions (6APM) note: all hand to hand damage, including P.S. bonus, is M.D. when Felix's force field is up!
1. Fly toward Jack/MW1 while swinging rifle back on sling and drawing silver-plated commando knife.
2. Land and attack MW (engaged with Jack) with said silver-plated commando knife: 1d20+7 = 24 to hit; 2d4+17 = 19 damage (normally SDC, but Felix is trusting that Lahz knows what he's talking about)
3. Attack MW with silver-plated knife: 1d20+7 = 19 to hit; 2d4+17 = 24 damage (normally SDC, but Felix is trusting that Lahz knows what he's talking about)
4. Attack MW with silver-plated knife: 1d20+7 = 13 to hit; 2d4+17 = 22 damage (normally SDC, but Felix is trusting that Lahz knows what he's talking about)
5. Attack MW with silver-plated knife: 1d20+7 = 23 to hit; 2d4+17 = 20 damage (normally SDC, but Felix is trusting that Lahz knows what he's talking about)
6. Attack MW with silver-plated knife: 1d20+7 = 17 to hit; 2d4+17 = 22 damage (normally SDC, but Felix is trusting that Lahz knows what he's talking about)

Teng-Jutsu Automatic Leap Dodges (while on the ground):
1d20+8 = 21
1d20+8 = 10
1d20+8 = 14
1d20+8 = 21
1d20+8 = 13
1d20+8 = 11
1d20+8 = 24


Parries (if applicable)
1d20+9 = 25
1d20+9 = 21
1d20+9 = 25
1d20+9 = 16
1d20+9 = 14
1d20+9 = 14
1d20+9 = 17

Meadows Group




Glad to be in the air again and not stuck under that wretched spell, Felix surveys the situation.

*Ese parece tener las cosas bajo control ahora ... he thinks when he sees Lahz in his heavily damaged power armor seize MW2 with telekinetic force and hold it steady as he tries to blow holes in it.

He sees Daphne's vehicle blazing away and cutting down the corpses that had just risen... corpses that belonged to people they were trying to save and were corrupted by the foul magicks at play.

He looks at Jack: **¡Parece que este chico podría necesitar algo de ayuda! he thinks as he moves into action to engage the thing that looks similar to the one Lahz is fighting.
Translations
*= That one seems to have things under control now...
**= This guy looks like he could use some help!


Felix flies over toward Jack while swinging his rifle back over his shoulder, and trusts that Lahz is correct when he hears him say over the radio:
Lahz wrote:"Death-juicer-looking-thing-needs Silver, or maybe Magic."


He lands near MW1 and engages the thing (MW1) in hand to hand combat with his trusty silver-plated commando knife (rolls above)

Contingencies
Prime Contingency: If Felix's Psionic Force Field is breached, he will immediately interrupt whatever he is doing to create another one while drawing from the Ley Line for 1d6+1 = 7 I.S.P. for a net cost of 3 I.S.P.

IF Felix eliminates MW1, he will resolve the remaining attacks he has left on the Blighter facing Jack. If that one is eliminated, he will fly over to Lahz and assist there.

In the event that the combat is resolved this round, Felix will check for and attend to any wounded with his remaining actions:
Skill Roll: First Aid (emergency aid, determine extent of injuries, etc) --> Original post: 1d100 = 34/57%

Bad rolls
Made these mistakenly for perception/jic/init rolls, so ignore please
Perception:1d20+7 = 8/43%
JIC (100): 2d4+17 = 22
JIC (20): 1d20+7 = 8
2d4+17 = 22
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 123/131

Conditions, Weapons/Armor, Always On, Saving Throw Info
Current Conditions: Psionic Force Field: 120 M.D.C., 18 minutes remaining, hand to hand attacks inflict M.D.C. damage including P.S. bonus!

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Superior Vision: Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Minerva » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:29 am

Perception: 1d100 = 16/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 97

Group: Meadows
Conditions
  • H.P.: 104/104
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 315/390
    Psi-Sword
  • Damage: 8D6 (6D6 base + 1 die from ley line +1D6 from fencing) Double vs Xombies and Harvesters.
  • Duration: 59:15/60 minutes
    Hyper Telekinesis
  • Duration: 23:15/24 minutes
  • Range: 350 feet (700 on ley line)
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 5/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield (Active)
  • 70/70 MDC
  • 2/4 Activations
    Stalker Suit
  • 12/12 MDC
    Cloak of Protection
  • 50/50 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • Impervious to Fire
    Ring of Invisibility (Inactive)
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 3/3 Activations
    Ring of Resist Fire (Inactive)
  • 0/2 hours
  • 3/3 Activations
    On a Ley Line
  • Can use 1D6+1 ISP per melee round. Can not be stored.
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.


Doing a quick risk assessment, Minerva focuses her attention on the big guy near Jack. She reaches out with her Hyper Telekinetic ability and grabs hold of him, keeping him away from Jack, one foot off of the ground and potentially out of the fight. "I've got this one, Volcano! Someone want to light him up?" When Felix shows up, Minerva holds the Murder Wraith still for him to take down.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 9
APM: 6

Action 1: Grab Murder Wraith 1 with Hyper Telekinesis. Strike: 1d20+3 = 17
Action 2: Grab Murder Wraith 1 with Hyper Telekinesis. Strike: 1d20+3 = 5
Action 3: Grab Murder Wraith 1 with Hyper Telekinesis. Strike: 1d20+3 = 6
Action 4: Grab Murder Wraith 1 with Hyper Telekinesis. Strike: 1d20+3 = 21
Action 5: Grab Murder Wraith 1 with Hyper Telekinesis. Strike: 1d20+3 = 17
Action 6: Grab Murder Wraith 1 with Hyper Telekinesis. Strike: 1d20+3 = 21
Parries: 1d20+11 = 161d20+11 = 161d20+11 = 281d20+11 = 121d20+11 = 261d20+11 = 29


Contingencies:
Contingency 1: If Minerva's Integrated Psionic Force Field goes down, she will sacrifice an action to reactivate it.
Contingency 2: If Minerva runs out of Integrated Psionic Force Field activations, she will use one action to undergo her Supernatural Transformation and another to activate her own psychic power Psychic Body Field for protection.
Contingency 3: If attacked by another foe, Minerva will spend an action to throw the Murder Wraith at her attacker (use strike rolls above) and then re-grab the Murder Wraith.
Grace Minerva
Ledger

  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)

Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:52 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image

Temple Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2202
Environmental Effects: 85°, oppressively humid; night time/dark
Ley Line: 5 miles long, 500' thick, East-West axis, centered on Temple Mound; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: in the wilderness South of Stormspire & East-Northeast of Dunscon; perhaps an hour from the region/forest known as Soulharvest

Order of Battle
Mouser
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Brokswa (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Bel'Dar (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)


Mouser considers a multiplicity of courses of actions, but acts on none of them. He slinks around the corner at the sound of commotion and spots a horde of undead approaching the temple entrance from the west. (Write in the present tense as per the Site-Wide PBP Rules which have governed the site since its inception. You've had plenty of time to correct/edit this, but haven't been active in chat or checked your PMs; this is the result.)

"What The fuck?" Seymour exclaims as he pulls his Empress. Approaching the floating eyeball of doom, he fires off a shot. It seems to have no effect whatsoever, but Seymour cannot bring himself to approach the area dominated by the monstrosity, let alone attempt some daring heroics. His magic protection is being pummeled upon by the two huge bags of blood even all the while. Seymour keys his drone gauntlet to send one of his drones to follow through the fog. It's swatted into bits by a backhand blow from one of the the big undead guys with the rifles moments before the follow the necromancer through the portal and vanish.

Ronan’s intelligence training offers him no answers regarding the weird, entrapping mess underfoot. Ronan radios "I’m immobile and can't seem to break free. Get me un-grounded and I can help control the field." Ronan manages to fell the thing after a quartet of dual strikes without sustaining further injury to himself, but he’s stuck and his vision obfuscated by the thick cloud of smoke.

Brokswa bellows so loudly he can be heard throughout the depths of the temple, "Master! Undead horde cutting off the entrance! Escape while you can!"

Vheld considers this new bit of information while remaining uncertain as to what kind of undead thing or monster these shambling sacks of blood might be. Whatever they are, they must be incredibly rare as he's scarcely even heard mention of them in his studies. Nevertheless, the thing attacking the group of hostages causes them to disperse too broadly for Vheld to protect them as a group with a spell, so he closes in to get its attention. Moving in, he begins to chant a desiccation spell, closes and punches the thing with the spell in effect. It discharges with a flash, but the disgusting sack of blood seems completely unphased. Information which feeds Vheld's mind and helps him narrow down its nature: it's definitely an undead, not a supernatural monster. He follows this with a more classically offensive incantation, but the kinetic shock of the force blasts are just absorbed by the walking sack of blood. Vheld's able to easily deflect most of the thing's attacks with his staff, however, so the thing doesn't seem that much a threat to himself, just the hostages.

Wakiza flies to the blood bag, hacks at it with his magic sword, and reduces it to a huge blood splatter across the floor in four blows. He yells on comms, "The last necro and his two zombies are escaping through that smoke!"

All of a sudden, the smoke clears from the temple chamber, the floating tyrannical eye of horror vanishes, the dark purplish-black cloud beside the eye disperses, the mess beneath Ronan's feet melts into the floor in a puff of light blue smoke, and the nercomancer and the two remaining murder wraiths have vanished.

Image

GM NOTES:
  • You're in the very heart of Soulharvest.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

Bel'Dar:
Brokswa:
Mouser:
NE-ATRV:
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED; -82 personal M.D.
  • Armor of Ithan: POPPED
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Seymour:
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100/-59 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Sshir:
Vheld: -115 P.P.E.; -2 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor: 225/-48 MD, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1D6 MD/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc.
  • Mystic portal: R:UE p.219-20
  • Storm staff active: impervious to non-magical energy attacks; fire up to 4 lightning bolts/melee
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: DEAD
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:24 am

JiC: 1d100 = 47 / 1d20 = 14
Perception [33%]: 1d100 = 13

Ronan scowls as the Harvester and his two wraiths retreat. "Coward." He spits under his breathe before looking back towards the bellowing roar of Vheld's demon. Great, more of these damn things to purge. No, we're not getting overwhelmed. We've still got a mission to complete. Ronan commits in his mind and calls out to the others.

"There is another Skorblade over here on the ground I disarmed! I have an idea to slow down this horde!" Ronan calls out as he turns and does a running leap over the two blobs and Seymour, clearing himself into the Library and near the entrance of the front (Can jump 90 feet with a running start. From there, he concentrates and feels the silver material begin to coalesce in his hands as he reaches the door leading back out to the main foyer of the temple.

Almost instinctively, Ronan slams his hands to the ground in front of him and begins to create a silver wall blocking off the entrance to the foyer at the top of the steps. His aim is to create a wall that is up to twenty feet high, going nearly the full distance of the foyer, leaving only a 5 foot gap between the end of the Silver wall and the right side of the Temple wall at the top of the stairs.

"I'm creating a silver wall bottle neck to force the undead into a confined entrance. I'll hold them here as long as I can. Can the demons help intercept them?" Ronan calls back.

APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 15
M.D.C. Regen [per min]: 1d6*10 = 30 M.D.C.

Action 1: Move, Communicate.
Action 2-5: Create a 20 ft long, by 20 ft high, by 8 ft thick silver wall. He will stop the wall just short of connecting to the other side of the foyer.
Actions 6-8: See contingencies.

Contingency #1:
If there is more than 5 feet of space between the silver wall and the right side of the temple (on the map), he will continue creating a silver wall until no more than 5 feet of space is left between the walls.

Actions 6-8: Can fashion up to 15 by 15 by 6 silver wall in three actions.

This will allow for a total of 35 feet length wall to be created in this round, with 20 ft of it being 20ft high and 8 feet thick with 140 M.D.C. strength, the other 15 being 15 ft high and 6 feet thick being at 140 M.D.C. strength.
Intended Placement
Ronan Map Modification.jpg


Contingency #2:
If the wall is of sufficient length, he will move to the opening he created and redraw his silver blade, preparing to blenderize (tenderize and eviscerate) any undead that walk through his tidy little opening.

Action 6: Move, reform Silver Blade.
Action 7: SB and LB strikes to any undead that walk through. Will not attack identified demon allies or others that do not match the enemies profile. (Looking for Harvesters, MWs, Xombies, Blobs, etc). LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 20 | LB DMG: 1d6*10 = 50 ;; SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 20 | SB DMG: 1d6*10 = 40
Action 8: As above. LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 28 | LB DMG: 1d6*10 = 60 ;; SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 31 (Nat 20) | SB DMG: 1d6*10 = 30

Contingency 3: If no enemies come through his wall, he will wait and be ready to engage any that do
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 40

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 81 (88%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 31 (59%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Prowl 1d100 = 8 (83%) to creep along the tunnel without being detected

Lexington Ruins Group

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet - active
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

Mierin smirks a bit when she sees that the path they were following opens up in numerous directions. Typical Mierin thinks to herself as the group stops to weight their options. She doesn't care much about Rocky staying on his own. If he gets himself killed, it's his own damned fault. Since she can't sense supernatural evil the way that other team members can, Mierin watches closely for any signs of trouble. When Saul suggests the northeast passage, Mierin nods and says in a low tone of voice. ”Agreed.” Once the group starts moving again, Mierin creeps along as quietly as possible, hoping to avoid detection in case they were about to find trouble.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 56 / 73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 45

RUINS GROUP

CONDITIONS: John is Full Size, Pebbles, See Invisible, Radar to 900', and Can't be Touched by Undead.

John nods in assent and hands Wolf his Lightblade. "Here, this is a magic sword. You activate it by pressing this button and saying 'Expecto Patronus!'"

Then he moves to the back of the group, growing to be full size, filling the tunnel from floor to ceiling.

As they move forward, he tries to be as stealthy as possible, but instead sounds like a cement mixer on high!

Prowl (to sneak up on any possible enemies): 1d100 = 100 / 54% (94% - 40% from Pebbles)

He scans down adjacent tunnels with his radar sense since he can't see in the dark.

Radar - Interpret Shapes (to see in the dark): 1d100 = 84 / 80%

I wonder where Rocky went. I can't believe I sort of miss Wakiza.

Detect Concealment (to spot hidden foes or hidden rooms/doors in the tunnels): 1d100 = 86 / 56%
Detect Ambush (to spot ambushing foes in the tunnels): 1d100 = 58 / 56%
Last edited by John Altfeld on Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:42 am

Temple Group
Initiative: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 54
PER: 1d100 = 11 vs. 76%
APM: 7
Conditions
[*]Dimension Sense: 90% skill, Vheld will detect any dimension-based magic (including teleports, opening of portals, etc.) that occurs, 8.25m remaining. If dimension magic is detected, Vheld can attempt to alter the course of the spell; see R:UE P. 121-122 for details.
[*]Invincible armor: 97/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc. 52.5m remaining. BoM P. 121.
[*]Mystic portal: 18.5m remaining, R:UE P. 219-20.
[*]Storm staff active: 3.5m remaining, Vheld is impervious to non-magical energy attacks and can fire up to four lightning bolts each melee
Time to minions' arrival
Sil: ARRIVED.
Bel'Dar/Sshir: ARRIVED.
Brokswa: ARRIVED.
Slithn: Spd 15*5 = 75 yds/melee; 6 rounds to arrival.


Invincible armor regeneration for this round: 1d6 = 1 MDC

Vheld knows that his priority has to be stopping the ritual, but there is still the matter of searching the library. Not to mention the horde of undead descending upon their location. Time for the minions to step up to the plate. Casting a quick cantrip to convey his orders to his minions, he adds a telepathic message to Sil. Search the library for anything that might be the journals we seek.. Then, Vheld turns and descends upon the remaining Harvester.

Action 1: Cast distant voice ((-10 PPE)), and command his minions outside. ”HOLD THE UNDEAD OFF!”
Actions 2-3: Move into melee range vs. Harvester 3 (and telepathically command Sil).
Action 4: Sword strike targeting Harvester 3. 1d20+6 = 19 to strike, 6d6+3 = 23 MD.
Action 5: Sword strike targeting Harvester 3. 1d20+6 = 26 to strike, 6d6+3 = 26x2=52 MD.
Action 6: Sword strike targeting Harvester 3. 1d20+6 = 16 to strike, 6d6+3 = 26 MD.
Action 7: Sword strike targeting Harvester 3. 1d20+6 = 16 to strike, 6d6+3 = 22 MD.

Contingencies:
1) If Vheld’s invincible armor is depleted he will sacrifice an action to use his talisman again.
2) If the invincible armor on Harvester 3 drops and Vheld has a shot, he will sacrifice an action to cast lifeblast ((-15 PPE)). He will do this at least once until the ritual is interrupted; see this post for effects.

Auto-parries with staff (will not interrupt casting to defend): 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 21, 1d20+7 = 18, 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 8, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 12

Sil
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 50
APM: 5
Conditions
[*]Invincible armor: 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc. 53.75m remaining. BoM P. 121.


Heeding her master’s instructions, Sil will retreat to the library and begin nosing through the assorted books and papers. Anything that looks like it might be a journal will be gently nudged over to the sack Sil brought in. If either of the unknowns follow her, she will attack instead.

Action 1: Attack: 1d20+6 = 25 to strike, 3d6 = 3 MD.
Action 2: Attack: 1d20+6 = 7 to strike, 3d6 = 10 MD.
Action 3: Attack: 1d20+6 = 24 to strike, 3d6 = 14 MD.
Action 4: Attack: 1d20+6 = 21 to strike, 3d6 = 12 MD.
Action 5: Attack: 1d20+6 = 19 to strike, 3d6 = 11 MD.

Contingencies:
1) Reactivate invincible armor talisman if it is depleted.
Auto-dodges: 1d20+6 = 12, 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 17, 1d20+6 = 21, 1d20+6 = 9

Brokswa
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 53
APM: 5

In response to Vheld’s command, Brokswa roars at the oncoming horde and creates a plasma field around the leading members (and avoiding Ronan’s silver wall). He will then fire plasma bolts at the closest undead, starting with Xombie 2.

Actions 1-3: Create plasma field. A gaseous cloud 60ft in diameter, 10ft tall, 1.5 feet above ground. Range is 600ft (requires line of sight), duration is 1 melee round per level. Does 5d6MD to a touch, 2d6x10 if running through it, half damage if the target crawls underneath (takes a full round).
Action 4: Fire plasma bolt. 1d20+5 = 22 to strike, 5d6 = 16 MD.
Action 5: Fire plasma bolt. 1d20+5 = 16 to strike, 5d6 = 10 MD.

Auto-parries if attacked: 1d20+10 = 15, 1d20+10 = 18, 1d20+10 = 14, 1d20+10 = 15, 1d20+10 = 13

Bel’Dar
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 93
APM: 5
Conditions: Sand storm- Vision impaired to 5 feet; unprotected victims lose initiative, 2APM, and are -5 strike, parry, and dodge; speed is reduced by 75%; 6m remaining.

Bel’Dar will likewise heed Vheld’s order to attack. After first casting a crowd-control spell of his own, he and Sshir will move to intercept any undead that get too close (or who breach the barricade). Bel’Dar’s priority will be flying defensively but if he sees an opening he will attack.

Action 1: Cast sand storm ((BoM P. 70, -15 PPE)) pointing at the horde and away from the entrance and the rest of the team.
Action 2: Bites of opportunity. 1d20+4 = 16, 2d4 = 4 MD.
Action 3: Bites of opportunity. 1d20+4 = 19, 2d4 = 4 MD.
Action 4: Bites of opportunity. 1d20+4 = 5, 2d4 = 6 MD.
Action 5: Bites of opportunity. 1d20+4 = 22, 2d4 = 3 MD.

Contingency: If Bel'Dar has any free actions, he will draw PPE from the ley line ((+10 PPE)).

Auto-dodges: 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 15, 1d20+8 = 26

Sshir
Initiative: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 77
APM: 5
Conditions: Battle fury (see sheet, force field 100/100 MDC, 4.5m remaining)
Sheet of ice- 80% of falling if moving more than half speed, 32% if less; -4 to strike, parry, and dodge; 7.5m remaining

With a hiss, Sshir mutters a guttural incantation after Vheld orders him to engage the horde. He will cast sheet of ice ((BoM, P. 85; -15 PPE)) on the ground that the horde is traveling on, ideally overlapping it with Brokswa’s plasma cloud to slow them down. He will then activate his battle fury blade ((-40 PPE)) and engage any undead who get too close to either himself or the temple entrance.

Action 1: Cast sheet of ice as above.
Action 2: Activate battle fury blade.
Action 3: Attacks on anything that gets too close. First hit- 1d20+7 = 27 to strike, 1d6*10 = 40x2=80 MD. Second hit- 1d20+7 = 22 to strike (opponent -5 to parry), 1d6*10 = 60 MD.
Action 4: Attacks on anything that gets too close. First hit- 1d20+7 = 23 to strike, 1d6*10 = 30 MD. Second hit- 1d20+7 = 17 to strike (opponent -5 to parry), 1d6*10 = 20 MD.
Action 5: Attacks on anything that gets too close. First hit- 1d20+7 = 12 to strike, 1d6*10 = 40 MD. Second hit- 1d20+7 = 27 to strike (opponent -5 to parry), 1d6*10 = 20x2=40 MD.

Auto-parries with blade: 1d20+6 = 9, 1d20+6 = 19, 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 19

Contingency: If Ronan succeeds in walling off part of the entrance with silver, Sshir will sacrifice an action to augment it by casting a wall of ice ((-20 PPE, not deducted)) at an angle.

Contingency: If Sshir has any free actions, he will draw PPE from the ley line ((+10 PPE)).

((Map below shows roughly what I envision- Ronan’s wall in red and Sshir’s in green.))
Walls.jpg
Walls.jpg (24.81 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 406/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 81/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
MDC: 294/330 (Sshir)
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:15 pm

Perception: 79% 1d100 = 82
JIC: 1d100 = 1 / 1d100 = 2

Meadow Group
Condition
OOC Comments
Comments Burst Body Protection 6 ISP for 72MD
On a Ley Line
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.

  • Psychic Body Field 70/70 MDC

Suppress Fear
Enhanced Perception
This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl.


Jack is having a hard enough time with the one opponent. He stares at a second giant of a zombie, a dead Juicer, can things get worse? Hell the only way this could be worse is it I die and join their Bloody Ranks. Their goes my time with Minerva. I don’t think I can hit the undead junkie he moves to fast. Concentrate on the one you harmed before and keep asking for help. Over the radio Jack restates, “Hey mates magic seems to be the only thing that will crack them open.”

When he sees someone is trying to help him. He speaks on the radio, "Thanks Mates! Jacko needs all the help he can get I don’t want to be Undead!”

Jack concentrates on his first target trying to keep this one between him and the Juicer. When he gets a chance He will retreat toward the west, Minerva.

INIT: 1d20+2 = 8

APM: 6
(Sword Strikes in Action Post Please Disregard)

Action 1: Skorblade Short Sword1d20+4 = 10
1d8 = 8 and MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol Strike: 1d20 = 8 Damage: 3d6+3 = 15 M.D.1d20 = 8
3d6+3 = 15

Action 2: and MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol Dual Weapons: 1d20+4 = 7
1d8 = 5 Pistol Strike: 1d20 = 12 Damage: 3d6+3 = 15 M.D. 1d20 = 12
3d6+3 = 15

Action 3. 1d20+4 = 12
1d8 = 7 Pistol Strike: 1d20 = 16 Damage: 3d6+3 = 8 M.D. 1d20 = 16
3d6+3 = 8

Action 4:1d20+4 = 23
1d8 = 1 Pistol Strike: 1d20 = 8 Damage: 3d6+3 = 13 M.D. 1d20 = 8
3d6+3 = 13

Action 5: 1d20+4 = 13
1d8 = 3 Pistol Strike: 1d20 = 11 Damage: 3d6+3 = 11 M.D. 1d20 = 11
3d6+3 = 11

Action 6 :
1d20+4 = 11
1d8 = 6 Pistol Strike: 1d20 = 11 Damage: 3d6+3 = 14 M.D. 1d20 = 113d6+3 = 14

Parry: 1d20+13 = 151d20+13 = 281d20+13 = 271d20+13 = 191d20+13 = 311d20+13 = 25
Last edited by Jack Killian on Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zion » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 59
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Mind Block-Auto Defense, Null Void, Psi Nullification, Sense Supernatural (300'/ 1200') WB12, pg30, Radiate Nature (12'/ 100')WB12, pg30

Group: Lexington Ruins

Wolf wrote:"Good assessment." He will turn to Zion," Zion how badly do these force fields tax you? If you create two more will you have enough strength to fight when the time comes? If you can place one where Saul indicated after we pass, do so."


Zion turns to Wolf as he speaks. He stares blankly for a brief moment. Snapping back to himself before responding. "Aye, dem force fields r a bit tax'n. I got enough in da dhank for a couple more. I anoint got much in offensive powers. Most of mine are help'n wit da few defensive ones. Da teach'n of Jah are ones of peace and love but I know how dis world works and so dats why I carry dis." Zion gestures to his rifle. "I should be remind'n ya'll dat if your a physic or spell caster, you should keep a fair bit o' distance because I involuntarily nullify em if you stand too close or fling them at me. If you take point' I'll bring up da rear." Zion follows the group as they make their way through the passage. He keeps his eyes and ears open for any attempt for an ambush. Better be makin'n dis quick. We be sitting duck down here. It be like shoot'n fish in da barrel. He makes an attempt to move along quietly and unnoticed.

Skill Roll
Detect Ambush 45% / 1d100 = 40 - to make sure I am not caught by surprise
Prowl 30% / 1d100 = 62 - to move down the tunnel as quietly as possible
Zion

Constant Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense, Six Sense, Sense Supernatural Beings, Radiate Nature, Null Void, Psi Nullification and interference

Equipment
Morning Star
    2d6 MD
Wilk's 457 Laser Pulse Rifle
    3D6+2 M.D. per shot or 1D6x10 M.D. burst
    30 shots per LE-Clip
User avatar
Zion
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:58 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image

Lexington Ruins Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2023
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Zion (MARS)

Rocky slowly descends the stairs with his Thunder Gun drawn and at the ready, and finds himself in a very dark space. The floor is constructed of stone, and at the bottom of the stairs is a raised area with a brief set of stairs. The floor at this level is a mix of broken stonework and earth. It's very dark, but by the illumination of the thunderstorm above, he's able to see there's a passageway leading to the West and another to the Southeast.
Map
Image


Saul whispers his appraisal of the intersection, and waits for a consensus. Wolf keys his radio, "Rocky, we have man made architecture to the northeast. We will keep you updated on our findings. Give us a call if you find what you are chasing. I'm sure John would be able to make it to you." Wolf then turns to the group, "Rocky is heading northeast and we now have a path leading northeast I recommend we check it out. At the very least we will be able to regroup with Rocky. Zion place a force field behind us so nothing gets behind us. Be ready for anything." John hands Wolf his Lightblade, then Wolf leads them through the Northeast passage. Mierin watches closely for any signs of trouble as they creep along the crumbling tunnel. Saul proceeds along the Northeast wrapped in shadow. Zion follows the group as they make their way through the passage. He keeps his eyes and ears open for any attempt for an ambush. John moves to the back of the group, fills the tunnel from floor to ceiling, then begins rumbling down the passage in deafening fashion.

They come to a large chamber within which stone columns support the stone ceiling of the chamber. Inside the chamber are a couple of sarcophagi. The East side of the chamber is dominated by a vacant raised dais. The West side of the chamber houses the sarcophagi. Yet again they encounter a split in the available tunnels: one proceeds North, and another South. Neither remarkable, though the Northern one does appear to Wolf & Mierin's nightvision to contain more sarcophagi.

Map
Image

GM NOTE:
  • You're in the heart of the Lexington Ruins.
  • You have a default 2% chance to be struck by lightning, 5% if in heavy armor/PA/RCV/vehicle, 10% if flying (all if outside).


Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

John Altfeld:
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes
Saul: -16 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins)
Wolf Whitaker:
Zion: -30 ISP
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 73/31%
JIC: 1d20 = 7; 1d100 = 67

Paranoia Thought Text

Lexington Ruins Group

Active Effects: Thermal and Night Vision 600'


Wolf nods to John as he accepts the light blade and clips it to his belt. "Thanks John. Remind me to give it back to you when we are finished. Returning things slips my mind."
Well usually it's because I distract you...yup. And that's why I can use other people to remind me to give things back to people...oh but you want to keep it don't you? What is it anyway?...somekind of energy blade. Should be useful. Hopefully it will be good against undead too.

Recognize Weapon Quality-- 1d100 = 52/70% (To see if Wolf knows the cost of activating the light blade.)

Wolf slowly scans the area they entered. He strains slightly to try and make out any sounds other then John's rock on rock grinding. Man, I should have sprung for audio enhancements in this armor. Oh well something for the future...you going to pimp out this armor? Good finally you are starting to see everyone as you should. They are all going to kill you eventually. Yes get better armor, make it impenetrable, yet subtle. You don't want others to know what you have...oh for the love of Pete, shut up! Wolf shoves his pistols back into their holsters and takes a deep breath.

Wolf looks back and forth between the two different directions. "Fracking maze. Saul you picking anything up? Can anyone hear anything over the noise John is making?"

If Saul confirms evil Wolf will say "Great. Then let's head that way."

If Saul does not confirm evil Wolf will say "We must not be close enough. Let's head north. As long as we keep going north or east. John, keep an eye on our backside."

Combat Contingencies
Init- 1d20+14 = 15

APM - 6

Action 1: Dual shot NE-6SL; Right Strike: 1d20+4 = 5; Left Strike: 1d20+4 = 21; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 40; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 2: Dual shot NE-6SL; Right Strike: 1d20+4 = 16; Left Strike: 1d20+4 = 11; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 20; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
Action 3: Dual shot NE-6SL; Right Strike: 1d20+4 = 17; Left Strike: 1d20+4 = 7; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 20; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 30
Action 4: Dual shot NE-6SL; Right Strike: 1d20+4 = 13; Left Strike: 1d20+4 = 21; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 10; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
Action 5 and 6: Dodge: 1d20+9 = 12; 1d20+9 = 15

Auto parry: 1d20+9 = 10; 1d20+9 = 19; 1d20+9 = 27; 1d20+9 = 16; 1d20+9 = 16; 1d20+9 = 19

If the NE-6SL become ineffective Wolf will holster them and draw the light blade in his left hand and his Equalizer with his right. Wolf will used the Equalizer to knock down any close opponents and use the light blade to attack them as they lay on the ground.

Wolf has both Paired weapons and pistol paired weapons from the gunslinger occ letting him use both a sword and gun in combat.

Light blade contingency attacks: 1d20+8 = 28; 1d20+8 = 14; 1d20+8 = 20; 1d20+8 = 25
Light blade damage: 1d6*10 = 40; 1d6*10 = 10; 1d6*10 = 20; 1d6*10 = 50
Equalizer attacks (Wolf only shoots to get the undead or target on to the ground with the Equalizers knockdown ability. Wolf will not shoot a target already on the ground.) :1d20+4 = 24; 1d20+4 = 22; 1d20+4 = 7
Equalizer damage: 5d6 = 17; 5d6 = 20; 5d6 = 19;
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zed » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:11 am

Perception: 24% | 1d100 = 81
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 98

MEADOWS GROUP

Conditions:
Fly As The Eagle [58 min : 45 sec], Armor of Ithan [30 mdc, 13 min]

Intentions:
Zed flies above the fight, looking to see if he can assist in anyway, for now the best that Zed can do though is provide Armor of Ithan for any that need it tremendously.

"I have got to find something that will turn this into a victory."

Actions:
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 15
Att: 4

ACTION 1: Survey the fight, fly around above the field collect 20 ppe from the leyline
ACTION 2: Survey the fight, fly around above the field
ACTION 3: Survey the fight, fly around above the field
ACTION 4: Survey the fight, fly around above the field


Skills:
None used this round

Contingencies:
Zed will attempt to dodge any attacks leveled against him via flight
Dodge: 1d20+6 = 23, 1d20+6 = 11, 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 13
Parry: 1d20+6 = 7, 1d20+6 = 20, 1d20+6 = 19, 1d20+6 = 14

Zed will re-cast Armor of Ithan on himself if it is depleted [10 ppe]
Zed will find a place to hide and re-cast Fly as The Eagle if it is negated
Zed will cast Armor of Ithan on group members or civilians that need it, but will save at least enough ppe for one cast on himself
P.P.E.: 177|30 +3d6/lvl
S.D.C.: 45|45
H.P.: 20|20 +1d6/lvl


Special Abilities
1. One with the body: -50% fatigue rate, hold breath for 3 minutes, +5% to balance
2. One with the mind: alert and able to stay focused even when all hell is breaking loose around him
3. One with Magic: comprehensive understanding of the principles of magic and is especially well versed in ritual magic and power spells
4. Pilot Automaton. [All, but prefers the Colossus]
5. May Draw P.P.E. from ley lines, nexus points, people, and ritual blood sacrifice the same as a Ley Line Walker
6. Link with the Lords of Magic: can draw upon the P.P.E. reserves of the three Lords of Magic to create magic weapons via the Enchant Weapons (minor) spell, at 50% P.P.E. cost to The Three; alerts The Three when a High Mage is killed
7. Automaton Creation & Bonding Rituals: knows the secrets of creating Automatons and the bonding ritual that gives the Controllers their unique union with the magical constructs


Zed aka Daelur Ezekiel Zenth
User avatar
Zed
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 44 / 73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 89

RUINS GROUP

CONDITIONS: John is Full Size, Pebbles, See Invisible, Radar to 900', and Can't be Touched by Undead.

John looks at the sarcophagi for a long second. "Well, better to fight whatever's in these now instead of waiting for them to inevitably bite us in the ass," he says, extending one arm slowly towards the nearest body box, waiting to see if anyone will stop him.

Lore: Magic (to see if he recognizes any symbols in the room/on the sarchophagi): 1d100 = 58 / 81%
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:52 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image

Meadow Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2032
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Northeast of the Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
Felix (MARS, flying solo)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Zed (Roughnecks; flying solo)


Lahz is able to quickly dispatch the tattered remains of the hovering Murder Wraith, then turns his weapon on the clumped mass of freshly risen undead. They fall as wheat before the scythe. Felix and Minerva survey the situation and both move to engage Jack’s battered adversaries. Between Felix’s super melee strikes, Minerva’s telekinesis, and Jack’s pistol, the two remaining undead and blown to rotten bits in short order. Seeing that the field of battle is now little more than a charnel house of death and wreckage, Zed drifts down and lands nearby, soaking in a bit of the ambient magic energy as he does so. (This can only be done once per melee.) Lahz strides over to meet the others as the wind and rain begin to cleanse the air. Just north of their position, the blasted corpses of the murdered townsfolk feed the eternal hunger of a pair of strange beast-like things, but to their West the backs of the remaining townsfolk can still be seen as they flee down the muddy road back toward the edge of the ruins where there exists some habitation.

Map
Image

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

Black Talon Motorcycle:
Felix: -11 I.S.P.; Psionic Force Field: 120/-21 M.D.C.
Jack Killian: -119 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-18 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
Lahz: (Sustain active), -56 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -33 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; Main Body: 440/-277, Right Leg: -124, Left Leg: -64, R.FA Laser: -50, R.Arm: -22, L.Arm: -48, Laser Pulse Cannon: -23 M.D., 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; -30 M.D. to Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
Zed: -181 P.P.E.; Fly as the Eagle activated at 2000; AoI: popped.; Chameleon @ 2030.5 (12.75 mins)
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:05 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 12 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: 1d100 = 89

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Furious / Vengeful], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [---/160], Telekinesis: Super (700lbs, 1600', 31.00 Min, RUE p.182)

ISP: [-56] 155/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 11




MEADOWS MARAUDERS ...

Locked within the Marauder's heavy armor plating, Lahz screams in a wordless fury that none of his comrades can perceive, but a couple hand gesture (TK) summons both of the MurderWraith's bodies to him. Lahz looks around for the MurderWraiths's weapons before triggering the Marauder's exit protocols. As the seals on the PA begin to disengage, he next summons the fallen Skorblade, "Zed?!? ... Can you bring these things back from the afterlife for questioning??" Stepping from the Marauder, the hovering Skorblade moves to lop feet and arms off of the MurderWraiths' corpses. If Zed responds in the negative the obviously embittered Psi-Tech levels armor-booted kick into the ribs of a deceased Juicer, and the anger rolls off him in psychic waves palpable to anyone within 100feet, "What the Hell? Damn I wish we had Vheld along, or Vino ... I would settle for a Necromantic Dragon to get some Frxxing answers ... Can you re-open the Portal where that other piece of sh*t escaped? ..."

Salvage 78%: 1d100 = 3 -- Weapons search/check

*** If Zed indicates he can resurrect the MurderWraiths, Lahz will incinerate the chopped off arms and feet, then signal the Bird to proceed.

With his own hands, the Psi-Tech draws his Universal Energy to Matter Converter (Patron Item) and begins periodically shooting his Marauder to complete repairs (Max uses 1/melee, 10 per Clip, he has 20 clips available). "Does anyone see any Part of Tony??? MotherXxxxers ... destroyed a Bot from Fxxxing the other side of the ocean. This wasn't a Fxxxing Skelebot where I can grab a dozen off the next CS patrol ... X---- I wanna bring these things back so I can just kick them to death again ... Hell if they don't take damage I might keep one around without limbs just to bring to Psyscape so he can be questioned by folks who can get all the info out of him ... Stupid piece of trash is trying to feed my daughter to a Gods-damned-Alien?? No Father in the world would Frakking blame me ... Anyone else have stuff that needs Fixing? ..."

OOC: Time to full repairs of Marauder = 15.25 Minutes per Butchers Bill damage summary
Last edited by Lahz on Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

PreviousNext

Return to Spook Squad/Roughnecks/MARS Joint Adventure (12 PCs)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests