The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

The Spook Squad & the Roughnecks team up to tackle a dangerous, high stakes mission in the Federation of Magic.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 95 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 15

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 67 (88%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 30 (59%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Prowl 1d100 = 44 (83%) to creep along the tunnel without being detected

Lexington Ruins Group

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet - active
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

Mierin examines the chamber they've entered. Noting the sarcophagi, Mierin raises an eyebrow. Interesting. This is the kind of room you'd expect a ritual to be carried out in. Curious that it's empty? I wonder what its purpose is? Not knowing a lot about magic, Mierin doesn't waste a lot of time trying to figure this out since she figures her talents were better served making sure there were no obvious threats in the chamber.

John looks at the sarcophagi for a long second. "Well, better to fight whatever's in these now instead of waiting for them to inevitably bite us in the ass," he says, extending one arm slowly towards the nearest body box, waiting to see if anyone will stop him.


Mierin glares at John and replies, ”Don't touch it! There are more of these things in the North tunnel. Messing with them is an extremely bad idea.” Mierin shakes her head. ”For all we know these things could be booby trapped in case someone tries to tamper with them.” Is he TRYING to get us all killed? We have enough problems already trying to stop this ritual.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies

Stats & Stuff
ISP: 35/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:41 pm

**Rolls Held Over**

Paranoia Thought Text

Lexington Ruins Group


Active Effects: Thermal and Night Vision 600'

Wolf rolls his eyes behind his helmet at the interactions between John and Mierin. See this is what you have to deal with when you place yourself as the leader of a group. It's kind of like hearding cats using it? Still the red haired one has it right. We should leave them alone...What if they are raised behind us? What if John is right?...My god you cant be that dense. I know cause I'm up here too. Look if they have dead in them then smashing them will wither alert someone to our presence or it will waste time that the hostages don't have, why do I have to be the one explaining this to you?...That actually makes sense. I never thought you would agree with Mierin... Just because I acknowledge she is right in this instant does not counter my miss trust of her or any of them. They will all kill you if given the chance.

Wolf turns to John and Mierin, "John. Leave them be. If there are dead in there, then they deserve the rest. If they have already been used then we will help them rest when we find them. You smashing them will help none of use. It will only waste time. Also our early warning system has not triggered yet." Wolf nods towards Saul. Wait you were using him as a canary. Bravo.

"We should continue north." Wolf will lead the group through the north passage.

See original post for combat contingencies.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Felix » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 1/43%
JIC (100) 1d100 = 75
JIC (20): 1d20 = 5

Current Conditions: Suppress Fear: 3:00 remaining; Psionic Force Field (99 M.D.C. remaining): 17:30 remaining

MEADOWS GROUP




Now that the fighting is over, Felix radios to the team, "I checks on the peoples!" and, without hesitation, flies toward the refugees to see if any of them is in need of assistance.

Shortly after landing, he pipes up on the radio again: "These peoples needs medical assistance... I flies to MercTown and gets help!" and launches himself into the air toward MercTown at top speed.

Only a few seconds later, the radio crackles to life yet again: "I sees somethings... you has incoming... looks like someone in a shiny power armors.. heading toward you... "

Exit Felix
Felix is going to EP inactive, and I am replacing him with Yojimbo, who is the "incoming" Felix radioed about
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 123/131

Conditions, Weapons/Armor, Always On, Saving Throw Info
Current Conditions: Psionic Force Field: 120 M.D.C., 18 minutes remaining, hand to hand attacks inflict M.D.C. damage including P.S. bonus!

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Superior Vision: Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:55 am

JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 39
Init: 1d20 = 19
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 96
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 46
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 4


Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 59
Seymour:
[*]Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw


Skills Used
OOC Comments
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 59 - decent shots of dead enemies
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 14 - decent shots of dead hostages
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 65 - decent shots of portal/area
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 29 - decent shots of dead enemies
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 94 - decent shots of dead hostages
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 99 - decent shots of portal/area
Surveillance -- 54% / 1d100 = 18 - set camera on auto
Computer Operation 70% / 1d100 = 41 - video scan temple
Intelligence 40% / 1d100 = 47 - look for journals, paperwork… anything that will help learn their plans
Literacy: American -- 70% / 1d100 = 8 - read anything found
Prowl 76% / 1d100 = 74 - stay quiet
Gymnastics - Sense of Balance 50% / 1d100 = 34


Post -
Temple Group
Seymour looks at the blood bags and then to where the eye-thing was. ”what the frak is going on?” Then with a quick head shake to regain focus, Seymour dives forwards and rolls towards the dropped skorblade. Cotinuing to roll as he moves, he will grab the skorblade as he moves past it. Stopping his movement, he stand up and take a moment to evaluate the situation. Seeing that the powerhouses he is with seem tio have to situation under control, Seymour takes a moment to use his remaining drone to take some video and still shots of the portal (if open) or the area the portal was (if closed). If time, and he doesnt need to try to fight anyone or anything, Seymour will continue to do his job.

He will then tell his only drone left to photograph the dead hostages, the dead enemies and the ritual area. He sets it on auto and looks back to ther fighting. With skorblade in right hand and his Empress in left hand, Seymour tries to make for the library. If he can, he will then wait by the door.

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 10

Auto-Parries: 1d20+10 = 27 | 1d20+10 = 20 | 1d20+10 = 18 | 1d20+10 = 21

Auto-Dodges; 1d20+14 = 33 | 1d20+14 = 16 | 1d20+14 = 16 | 1d20+14 = 26

A1: tuck and roll
A2: grab skorblade
A3: move drone to portal area
A4: video/stills of portal area
A5: video/stills of temple/ritual area
A6: video/stills of dead enemies & hostages
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:12 am

ROLLS HELD

RUINS GROUP

CONDITIONS: John is Full Size, Pebbles, See Invisible, Radar to 900', and Can't be Touched by Undead.

John stops reaching towards the sarcophagus. "You're probably right about needing to get to the ritual immediately. Let's head North, then. After you."

I'm not the one who will die in the dark when these things open up.

When the others move on, John continues to act as a plug in the tunnel, filling it floor to ceiling behind them.

Detect Concealment (To spot hidden doors/hidden enemies): 1d100 = 5 / 56%
Detect Ambush (you know, because it's not unlikely we'll be ambushed by undead or necromancers): 1d100 = 78 / 56%
Prowl (Maybe John can be quiet this time!): 1d100 = 71 / 54% (94% - 40% pebbles penalty)
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:49 am

Perception: 1d100 = 44 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 24

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.
[*] Storm Rider Armor (BoM p. 47): 120/120 MDC armor; Impervious to all forms of Elemental Magic, Lightning, and even ley line storms; Other types of energy do 1/2 damage; can hover and fly at 60 mph.

Group: Temple

As he hears the announcement, Lovely, more undead!

Wak says "Damnit! Those bastards that killed Will got away through a damn portal." I am going to have to find those three at another time. He flies towards the other blood bag creatures threatening our rat and strikes as quickly as he can. As he notices Vheld still attacking the harvester Wak incapacitated, he asks, "Vheld that guy is harmless at the moment. I Mind Shattered him, is there something I don't know?"

APM: 8
Init: 1d20+11 = 26

Don't forget Wak's Advanced Combat Awareness. And that he can parry energy blasts with Derilian at a -6.

Action 1: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 26 Damage: 10d6+4 = 35
Action 2: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 17 Damage: 10d6+4 = 45
Action 3: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 27 Damage: 10d6+4 = 42
Action 4: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 32 Damage: 10d6+4 = 40
Action 5: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 20 Damage: 10d6+4 = 52
Action 6: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 32 Damage: 10d6+4 = 40
Action 7: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 22 Damage: 10d6+4 = 37
Action 8: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 26 Damage: 10d6+4 = 44

Can parry energy blasts with Derilian at a -6

Parry: 1d20+24 = 37 1d20+24 = 25 1d20+24 = 32 1d20+24 = 37 1d20+24 = 32 1d20+24 = 38 1d20+24 = 27 1d20+24 = 29

Dodge if necessary: 1d20+18 = 38 1d20+18 = 30 1d20+18 = 20 1d20+18 = 37 1d20+18 = 22 1d20+18 = 36 1d20+18 = 20 1d20+18 = 37

Contingency: If Storm Rider Armor goes down he will burn an action to activate another Storm Rider Armor from his armor.

Contingency 2:
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Minerva » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 1/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 30

Group: Meadows
Conditions
  • H.P.: 104/104
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 315/390
    Psi-Sword
  • Damage: 8D6 (6D6 base + 1 die from ley line +1D6 from fencing) Double vs Xombies and Harvesters.
  • Duration: 59:00/60 minutes
    Hyper Telekinesis
  • Duration: 23:00/24 minutes
  • Range: 350 feet (700 on ley line)
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 5/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield (Active)
  • 70/70 MDC
  • 2/4 Activations
    Stalker Suit
  • 12/12 MDC
    Cloak of Protection
  • 50/50 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • Impervious to Fire
    Ring of Invisibility (Inactive)
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 3/3 Activations
    Ring of Resist Fire (Inactive)
  • 0/2 hours
  • 3/3 Activations
    On a Ley Line
  • Can use 1D6+1 ISP per melee round. Can not be stored.
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.


As the enemy in her grasp goes back to whatever hell he came from, Minerva tosses the body to the ground and looks around. Seeing only two beasts left on the battlefield and their attention solely on devouring the already deceased, Minerva regroups with the rest of her squad.

"Eso fue malo. That was bad. Is everyone alive? Besides the obvious, I mean." She points her psi-sword toward the monsters eating the dead. As Felix announces his intention to get help for the refugees, Minerva responds on the radio "Que el buen viento esté a tu espalda, amigo."

"Do we let them survive or take them down?" Minerva looks to Lahz for answers. While she waits, she looks over the battlefield for any clues about what they were fighting, any weapons left behind (she'll gather those) and any surviving friendlies that might need some assistance (healing, directions, etc). "I wonder how the others are doing."

At Lahz's offer of fixing things, Minerva offers up her Crystal Armor.

Translations
Que el buen viento esté a tu espalda, amigo.=May the good wind be at your back, friend.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:27 pm

Perception: 79% 1d100 = 64
JIC: 1d100 = 76 / 1d100 = 19

Meadow Group
Condition

OOC Comments
Comments Burst Body Protection 6 ISP for 72MD
On a Ley Line
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.

  • Psychic Body Field 70/70 MDC

Suppress Fear
Enhanced Perception
This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl.


Jack realizes that his TW pistol is about out of bullets. He asks over the radio, “Can anyone charge this pistol. It seems to be the only thing that did damage to those Undead.” Jack hands his TW pistol to be charged up. Or will charge it himself if possible.

Jack continues over the radio, “We still have some enemy we need to neutralize.” Jack heads toward Minerva. He will strike at any enemy, not civilians, that threaten his group.

INIT: 1d20+2 = 11


APM: 6

Action 1: Hand TW pistol who can charge it.
Action 2: Take pistol back.
Action 3 Sword Strike: 1d20+4 = 7 Damage: 1d8 = 2 M.D. Pistol Strike: 1d20 = 19 Crit Damage: 3d6+3 = 12 M.D.x2
Action 4: Strike Sword: Sword Strike: 1d20+4 = 7 Damage: 1d8 = 5 M.D. Pistol Strike: 1d20 = 10 Damage: 3d6+3 = 16 M.D.
Action 5: Sword Strike: 1d20+4 = 20 Damage: 1d8 = 4 M.D. Pistol Strike: 1d20 = 19 Crit Damage: 3d6+3 = 15 M.D. x2
6: Sword Strike: 1d20+4 = 5 Damage: 1d8 = 6 M.D. Pistol Strike: 1d20 = 11 Damage: 3d6+3 = 13 M.D.
Parry: 1d20+13 = 29 , 1d20+13 = 22 , 1d20+13 = 20 , 1d20+13 = 26 , 1d20+13 = 16 , 1d20+13 = 21
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 29
JIC d20: 1d20 = 16 / d100: 1d100 = 60


Lexington Group

Conditions
OOC Comments
Six Sence
See Invisible
Crystal Armor 30 MDC + Force Field 70 MDC
Electrokinesis. Resistance. The psychic can manipulate his body so to become resistant to electricity. Up to 60,000 volts will inflict no damage or ill effect. Currents greater than 60,000 volts, including lightning and magic electricity, do half damage. 4 ISP
Natural Ability
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% 1d100 = 12
Shadow cloak, Shadow Meld: as per the spell at 5th level of proficiency (p.103, BoM) Activation Cost: 10 P.P.E.
Enhance Reflexes: ISP.: 10 This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens al natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).
Ghost
Night Vision (4)
Nightvision Range: Self, visual range about 600 feet (183 m). Duration: 110 minutes per level of experience. I.S.P.: 4 The psionic can adjust his visual capabilities through a form of biomanipulation. The eyes are made to become much more light sensitive and basically work on the same principles of mechanical light amplification. The eyes simply amplify existing light, such as candlelight or star and moonlight, to see clearly. There must be some source of light to see (can not see in total darkness). Note: If suddenly exposed to light brighter than a single candle, the psychic will be temporarily blinded for 3D4 melee rounds.

Range: 170’ To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences

Number of Attacks: 7

INIT 1d20+2 = 4

Rocky Looks around he sees the two paths he radios the others, “I am down below and have 2 paths one heads west the other Southeast. Heading down the west tunnel” Rocky moves down the west tunnel.

He uses his powers to bring up night vision and allows a small amount of light to come from his computer on his wrist.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zion » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 43 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 66
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Mind Block-Auto Defense, Null Void, Psi Nullification, Sense Supernatural (300'/ 1200') WB12, pg30, Radiate Nature (12'/ 100')WB12, pg30

Group: Lexington Ruins

Entering the opening with the rest of the group, Zion takes a quick second to glance about the area. He turns towards the sarcophagus, as the others begin to examine it. "Aye. I agree wit dem. We should leave da ded alone. May da finally find some peace." Zion stands around for a moment moment or two. He takes the time to keep a watchful eye out for any surprise attacks from the corners. "We should keep mov'n. No sense stay'n in dis empty room. North sounds as good as any. If you tree take point, den the big guy here and I will take up da rear. Between my sensing abilities and his size I doubt anyting would get past us." Zion will wait for Wolf or anyone else to take the lead and head northward. Keeping in the back of the line with John. He keeps his rifle ready for anything. Zion starts to creep further down the tunnel until John starts moving again. I dont know why I'm try'n do stay quite. Mr Rocks here is louder den da thunder above. I'm surprised da dead ain't awake yet. Hopefully we dont need da element of surprise.

Skill Roll
Detect Ambush 45% / 1d100 = 83 - to make sure I am not caught by surprise
Zion

Constant Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense, Six Sense, Sense Supernatural Beings, Radiate Nature, Null Void, Psi Nullification and interference

Equipment
Morning Star
    2d6 MD
Wilk's 457 Laser Pulse Rifle
    3D6+2 M.D. per shot or 1D6x10 M.D. burst
    30 shots per LE-Clip
User avatar
Zion
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:03 pm

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 44

JIC: 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 75

Condition: Shadow Meld (from armor; ??/40 melees); Sixth Sense (untriggered)

Lexington Ruins Group

John wrote:"Here, this is a magic sword. You activate it by pressing this button and saying 'Expecto Patronus!'"


Saul smirks but says nothing.

Zion wrote:"I should be remind'n ya'll dat if your a physic or spell caster, you should keep a fair bit o' distance because I involuntarily nullify em if you stand too close or fling them at me. If you take point' I'll bring up da rear."


Saul scrutinizes the man. "I... am glad to have you in our company, Zion... but at the same time, I'll thank you to keep a distance between us in a fight. I am psychic."

As a group, they move into the northeast chamber, Saul keeping a wary eye ahead. When he sees the sarcophagi, he again tries to intuit if there is any evil or magic within range.

Sense Supernatural Evil 65% 1d100 = 83 (FAIL)

Wolf wrote: "Fracking maze. Saul you picking anything up? Can anyone hear anything over the noise John is making?"


I am endeavoring to sense any evil or magic, but so far, nothing. And I would be lucky to hear my own thoughts over the din John is making." Saul chuckles - perhaps too quietly to be heard over the cement-mixer sound of John moving through the stone passageway.

If Saul senses any evil, he will inform the group.

John wrote:"Well, better to fight whatever's in these now instead of waiting for them to inevitably bite us in the ass,"


Meirin wrote: ”Don't touch it! There are more of these things in the North tunnel. Messing with them is an extremely bad idea. For all we know these things could be booby trapped in case someone tries to tamper with them.”


Saul wheels to face the mass of pebbles in time to hear Mierin's and Wolf's responses. "Mierin and wolf are right - Leave the dead. If they awake, we'll deal with them then. Until we know differently, consider their resting places hallowed ground."

As they hear from Rocky, Saul tries to make sense of the maze they're in.

Land Navigation 58% 1d100 = 76 (to try to make sense of what he sees and what Rocky's reporting - FAIL)

This is a catacomb - I've heard of such in old Europe, but this is the first pre-Rifts structure of this sort I've heard of in North America.

History: Pre-Rifts 49%/41% 1d100 = 81 (to try to remember anything about any catacombs in pre-rifts Lexington - FAIL)

Our northern passage seems to turn northwest. It may join up with either of Rocky's passages up ahead. Of course it's possible we're in separate subterranean systems... unconnected. He resumes his place at the front of the group as they head up the north passage, hoping that any danger will trigger his sixth sense in time to warn the others.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 91/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:43 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image


Meadow Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2100
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Northeast of the Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Zed (Roughnecks; flying solo)


Whipping out his backpack stuffed with E-clips and his UEMC, Lahz gets to work affecting repairs across his Marauder. Felix flies off in search of help from Merctown and radios back a strange message about "shiny power armors" heading towards the group. Minerva looks to Lahz for answers, asking in reference to the undead devouring the corpses, "Do we let them survive or take them down?" Meanwhile, Jack inquires if anyone can recharge his weapon, and eyes the undead devouring the corpses, seemingly intent of exterminating them. Once repairs are complete, Minerva and Lahz search the corpses of the fallen adversaries for anything of value. They manage to find a heavy energy pistol, a CS restraining & capture weapon (no doubt used by the Soul Harvesters to ensnare victims), a short sword, and a heavy particle rifle.


Temple Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2202
Environmental Effects: 85°, oppressively humid; night time/dark
Ley Line: 5 miles long, 500' thick, East-West axis, centered on Temple Mound; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: in the wilderness South of Stormspire & East-Northeast of Dunscon; perhaps an hour from the region/forest known as Soulharvest

Order of Battle
Mouser
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Brokswa (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Bel'Dar (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)


"I have an idea to slow down this horde!" Ronan calls out, does a running leap over Seymour and friends, and creates a wall of silver which blocks the entrance to the library from the outside.

Vheld sends a telepathic message to Sil. Search the library for anything that might be the journals we seek. Vheld quickly chants and then bellows a command to his minions outside. "HOLD THE UNDEAD OFF!" (Sshir has yet to arrive.) Then he descends upon the remaining Harvester, and begins slashing at the necromancer with his blade. The harvester's invincible armor shudders under each blow, but shows no signs of wavering after four heavy blows. The harvester doesn't move as his mystic protection is gradually stripped from him. He just stares slack-jawed towards the North wall, a thin stream of drool slipping down one side of his open mouth.

Brokswa approaches his target and begins roasting the Xombie on the steps of the temple while Bel'dar flies forward a bit and sends a sandstorm into the midst of the mob of undead. A hail of weapons fire erupts from the mob of undead as the forward ranks struggle against the effects sandstorm. Bel'dar's twisted and smoking corpse hits the steps with a wet smack as the undead push forward heedlessly.

Seymour takes a moment to direct his drone to gather visual evidence of the portal, dead hostages, dead enemies. and the ritual area. he begins to make his way toward the library, but pauses as he sees the "blood bags" are creeping toward the remaining hostages who are fleeing to the East side of the temple.

Wakiza closes in on the "blood bags" and begins cutting them to ribbons. "Damnit! Those bastards that killed Will got away through a damn portal." Wakiza shouts angrily as he hacks away. Noticing Vheld doing likewise against the necromancer, Wak criticizes, "Vheld that guy is harmless at the moment. I Mind Shattered him. Is there something I don't know?" By the time his words are spent, he's absolutely drenched in blood, and the "bags of blood" appear to be quite finished, though it's hard to tell given the pools of blood from which they initially took shape are now all around him and, indeed, all over him.

Map (Open in new tab)

Lexington Ruins Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2023
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Zion (MARS)


Wolf lacks the knowledge to understand the "weapon" that's been given him. It looks like nothing more than a strangely wrought sword hilt...absent a blade. John looks at the sarcophagi, and knows he's seen these symbols before, but they're not magic. The spread eagle with three stars in a horizontal line below it...it is tantalizingly familiar, yet simultaneously exotic and beyond his ken. He's admonished for his curiosity, and then the group continues to head North amid a cacophony of comments, critiques, and head nodding. After heading North about a hundred feet, the tunnel curves to the West and branches into different directions yet again.

Map (Open in new tab)

Rocky allows a small amount of light from his computer on his wrist and wills himself to see in the dark. He only takes a few steps before one of those wretched upside-down looking creatures catches his eye in the distance.

Map (Open in new tab)

Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent
Bel'Dar: DEAD
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Brokswa:
Jack Killian: -119 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-18 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
John Altfeld:
Lahz: (Sustain active), -56 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -33 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; -30 M.D. to Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED; -82 personal M.D.
  • Armor of Ithan: POPPED
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Saul: -16 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins)
Seymour:
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100/-59 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Sshir:
Vheld: -125 P.P.E.; -2 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor: 225/-48 MD, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1D6 MD/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc.
  • Mystic portal: R:UE p.219-20
  • Storm staff active: impervious to non-magical energy attacks; fire up to 4 lightning bolts/melee
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: DEAD
Wolf Whitaker:
Zed: -181 P.P.E.; Fly as the Eagle activated at 2000; AoI: popped.; Chameleon @ 2030.5 (12.75 mins)
Zion: -30 ISP
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5320
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 70/40%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 97
JIC (20): 1d20 = 4

Constant Effects: Nightvision 1000'; See the Invisible

MEADOWS GROUP




Augur wrote:Meadow Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2100
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Northeast of the Ruins of Lexington


Yojimbo has been wandering for some time after his epic battle with the Mechanoids. His being pressed into service - though willingly, and without second thought of himself - has, nonetheless, perturbed him and made him wonder even more about his purpose. And so, he continues to wander, following a Ley Line to see where it leads.

He trudges on through a storm, pondering his place in the Megaverse. Yojimbo - your obsession about your purpose is misguided. Recall what Hagakure tells us: “There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. There will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue. Live being true to the single purpose of the moment.”

He stops for a moment. As always, relevant, and correct, Oni no Hanzō he thinks in response to the blade which telepathically sent him the Hagakure quote. What does the moment require of me now? he thinks to himself... and the sword is silent.

He trudges onward though the rain, and then... he sees movement. Unsure what it may be, he turns himself invisible and waits. He observes a little girl walking, in a determined fashion. She looks distraught. Knowing his fearsome and intimidating appearance, the Holy Terror cancels his invisibility, takes a knee, and waits her approach. She sees him and hesitates, but he calls to her, telling he means her no harm and asks her what is the matter. She warily approaches and tells him she escaped a terrible ritual and that her father was about to be killed, and she does not know what to do. Yojimbo asks her where the ritual is, and carries her toward it.

A few minutes later, they come upon her father, sitting under a tree- battered and bruised, but alive. Father and daughter are reunited happily, for which Yojimbo is full of joy. But the happy moment is short-lived, for the man tells of the others that are about to be killed in the ritual and points the way. Yojimbo briefly says his goodbyes and departs in haste, ready to destroy whatever vileness awaits.




The storm is heavy, and obscures visibility, but Yojimbo can make out what looks to be a clearing in a meadow ahead. "One should inquire into things carefully..." quotes Hanzō, once again from the Hagakure. Yojimbo heeds the advice. Although not stealthy, the Holy Terror can, nonetheless, be somewhat inconspicuous via his powers of invisibility (though, he has learned, his invisibility can be defeated via thermal-imaging, radar, and the like).

Approaching the Meadow under cover of invisibility (ooc: simple), the Holy Terror sees a few human-appearing figures congregating around what appears to be bodies, but then - *ping* - his Sense Evil power registers supernatural evil, and he sees the Gravediggers (Hanzō roll---> Lore: Undead 1d100 = 64/98%; Hanzō will telepathically inform Yojimbo what they are, weaknesses, etc.) feasting on the corpses of the dead in the center of the Meadow...

Without hesitation, the Holy Terror draws his silvered sword, charges, and cuts them down where they stand. (ooc: I realize I am taking certain liberties here, but I hope this will be allowed for RP purposes as an introduction, to speed things along. However, if you need rolls/combat posts, I will make them).

"Disgusting!" he says out loud to no one in particular, and then suddenly remembers there are others present. He turns to face them, lowering his invisibility to reveal his form, wipes the nearly 7' blade, and carefully replaces it in its scabbard on his back. being careful not to make any moves that could be construed as threatening toward the group.

The Holy Terror looks at whomever is present. He sees Lahz in undamaged power armor, Minerva, Jack, and (if on the ground) Zed. He does not, notably, register supernatural evil.

Assuming none of them make threatening moves, Yojimbo will not either. Finally, he speaks in a booming voice loud enough for all to hear: "What happened here? I found some people who told me of an evil ritual, but it appears I am too late to stop it..." he trails off and points to the corpses the Gravediggers were consuming, but does not make an aggressive move toward whom he is addressing - after all, it is apparent there was a fight here, that someone disrupted the ritual, and it could very well be the members of this group of people which rescued the refugees in the first place and dispatched the perpetrators of this atrocity.

I sense no supernatural evil from these ones... he thinks. Hanzō concurs briefly.

Yojimbo stoically stands awaits a reply and explanation from the group.
Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1027/1027
P.P.E.: 440/440
I.S.P.: 79/79


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 49/24%
JIC: 1d20 = 16;1d100 = 36

Paranoia Thought Text

Lexington Ruins Group

Active Effects
Thermal and Night Vision: 600'


Looks like the tunnel may turn north again. The lower one looks like it might meet up with the upper one around the bend. What no commentary this time?...Check your corners and try not to leave yourself exposed. What more do you want? I'm trying to let you concentrate. This place gives me the creeps...Same. And thanks...Well ya. we both live here so, don't die.

Wolf will motion to the group to keep their eyes on the lower opening as he passes it and continues cautiously through the upper passage. Wolf will continue to move as quietly as possible while listening for signs of movement or other noise creatures make in tunnels. Wolf has both NE-6SLs in hand. Wolf will sidestep past the lower opening to make sure there is nothing directly visible coming from that location and will turn back to face the direction of travel once he is past the opening.

Prowl-- 1d100 = 100/55% Epic Fail (Moving quietly through the passage way)
Wilderness Survival-- 1d100 = 41/50% Pass (Looking for tracks or other indications of creatures moving through the area recently)

Combat Contingencies
APM: 6

Init: 1d20+14 = 16

Action 1: Dual pistols attack on closest target: Right Attack: 1d20+4 = 13; Left Attack: 1d20+4 = 6; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 40; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 30
Action 1: Dual pistols attack on closest target: Right Attack: 1d20+4 = 22; Left Attack: 1d20+4 = 15; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 10; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 30
Action 1: Dual pistols attack on closest target: Right Attack: 1d20+4 = 10; Left Attack: 1d20+4 = 20; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 20; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 1: Dual pistols attack on closest target: Right Attack: 1d20+4 = 15; Left Attack: 1d20+4 = 11; Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 20; Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 5 and 6 reserved for dodge: 1d20+9 = 24; 1d20+9 = 20

Auto Parry: 1d20+9 = 25; 1d20+9 = 29; 1d20+9 = 16; 1d20+9 = 29; 1d20+9 = 17; 1d20+9 = 11
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zion » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 41
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Mind Block-Auto Defense, Null Void, Psi Nullification, Sense Supernatural (300'/ 1200') WB12, pg30, Radiate Nature (12'/ 100') WB12, pg30

Group: Lexington Ruins

Zion turns the corner with rifle at the ready. Anticipating an attack or some type of creature, he keeps moving forward. Glancing down each of the tunnels as they become visible. "I dhink dat way just loops back on itself." Zion speaks softly and gestures to the tunnel heading southward. "Dat's just my opinion. It all kinda look da same to me. Anyone know ware we're goi'n?" Praise Jah. More tunnel. Of course. I'm starting to feel like a rat down here. Dees peeps better know ware dare goi'n. Zion waits for a brief moment to see if he gets a response. Afterwards he will let's then others take the lead, remaining in the back of the line.

Skill Roll
Detect Ambush 45% / 1d100 = 94 - to make sure I am not caught by surprise
Zion

Constant Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense, Six Sense, Sense Supernatural Beings, Radiate Nature, Null Void, Psi Nullification and interference

Equipment
Morning Star
    2d6 MD
Wilk's 457 Laser Pulse Rifle
    3D6+2 M.D. per shot or 1D6x10 M.D. burst
    30 shots per LE-Clip
User avatar
Zion
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:25 am

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 95 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 48

Condition: Shadow Meld (from armor; ??/40 melees); Sixth Sense (untriggered)

Lexington Ruins Group

Saul silently moves with Wolf to the northern passage. We entered from the south, angled north east... then north... and now west. We're going in circles. As they move he tries again to sense any supernatural evil. I had sensed something in this direction, but since we entered this warren my senses have been muddled. Or the thing has left, potentially.

As he walks, he thinks, I hope Rocky is safe.

Sense Supernatural Evil 65% 1d100 = 30 (SUCCESS finally...)

Zion wrote:"I dhink dat way just loops back on itself. Dat's just my opinion. It all kinda look da same to me. Anyone know ware we're goi'n?"


Land Navigation 58% 1d100 = 83 (to try to make sense of what he sees and Zion's estimation - FAIL)

"It's hard to tell, but you may be right. We seem to be in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike. We are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 91/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:28 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 36 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 78

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Furious / Vengeful], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [---/160], Telekinesis: Super (700lbs, 1600', 3.00 Min, RUE p.182)

ISP: [-56] 155/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 66



MEADOWS GROUP

Once he has completed the repairs on the Marauder, Lahz climbs back within its safe confines and hits the damn heater. **With Tony gone our long range communications are more limited. The Marauder has a directional communication system with range up to 500 Miles [WB11,Pg 105], but I liked having him around to handle comms. I would love to check the Ruins Group's progress, Minerva and I are in good shape. Jack there seems ok but our feline Felix gave a weird excuse and bugged out, and Zed ... F___ing Zed has gone back to nonresponsive. If the Ruins folks need an assist Minerva, Jack and I could go down ... if we could find them.**

"Zed?? ... Seriously answer us. Can you help or not? Get the hell down here."

Yojimbo wrote: Approaching the Meadow under cover of invisibility (ooc: simple) ... Without hesitation, the Holy Terror draws his silvered sword, charges, and cuts them down where they stand ... "Disgusting!" he says out loud to no one in particular, and then suddenly remembers there are others present. He turns to face them, lowering his invisibility to reveal his form, wipes the nearly 7' blade, and carefully replaces it in its scabbard on his back. being careful not to make any moves that could be construed as threatening toward the group.


When his internal speakers pick up speech to the North, Lahz's hand finds its way up to the Marauder Laser Pulse Cannon, and it is in his hands almost without further thought as the broad, blocky-humanoid steps forward to reveal itself.

Yojimbo wrote:Assuming none of them make threatening moves, Yojimbo will not either. Finally, he speaks in a booming voice loud enough for all to hear: "What happened here? I found some people who told me of an evil ritual, but it appears I am too late to stop it..." he trails off and points to the corpses the Gravediggers were consuming, but does not make an aggressive move toward whom he is addressing - after all, it is apparent there was a fight here, that someone disrupted the ritual, and it could very well be the members of this group of people which rescued the refugees in the first place and dispatched the perpetrators of this atrocity.


The Marauder's barrels lower a bit (but not completely) as they are directed at the newcomer "Yeah we hit the ritual and disrupted it. What's your name? Who sent you??"
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Yojimbo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:22 pm

**ROLLS HELD**

Lahz wrote:The Marauder's barrels lower a bit (but not completely) as they are directed at the newcomer "Yeah we hit the ritual and disrupted it. What's your name? Who sent you??"


When Lahz initially grabs the weapon and aims at him, Yojimbo's hand instinctively reaches for his sword(s), but he stops short of drawing it. He looks at the Marauder with its guns trained on him for a moment, and then, when he sees the power armor lower them a bit, Yojimbo slowly moves his clawed hands back down toward his side, leaving him not holding or touching any weapon.

"I am Yojimbo, a Hol-" he begins, but then, thinks twice before continuing, "- a wanderer in the wilderness who seeks to quell all manner of vile darkness, such as the ritual you stopped. We may be united in purpose. No one sent me, other than the young girl and man whom I saw moments ago. They told me about this.. ritual.. involving the deaths of innocents. I came to prevent it, but it appears you already did so. "

The armored being steps slowly, deliberately, and cautiously toward them, making sure they all see no weapons in his clawed hands as he does.

If they wanted to kill me, they already would have begun trying to do so...
Or, perhaps, they are biding their time to size you up? comes a telepathic response from his sword.
Perhaps... either way, we shall soon see...

Assuming the group allows Yojimbo to approach and does not fire on him (as all his apparent weapons seem to be sheathed, and he is not acting aggressively), he will stop within normal conversational distance and exchange pleasantries, explaining that he has been wandering for some time and making his way via salvage, scavenging, and the occasional contract or bounty as a guard or demon/supernatural evil killer, when the opportunity presents itself.

"What was the purpose of this foul ritual? Where are the perpetrators of it? Are there more to stop?" he asks.

It is apparent that the Holy Terror is concerned about what transpired and how he can help stop it from recurring and bring those responsible to justice, if possible.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1027/1027
P.P.E.: 440/440
I.S.P.: 79/79


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:58 pm

Perception [42%]: Original post: 1d100 = 36 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 78

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Furious / Vengeful], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [---/160], Telekinesis: Super (700lbs, 1600', 3.00 Min, RUE p.182)

ISP: [-56] 155/211
Telemechanics [98%]: Original post: 1d100 = 66



MEADOWS GROUP

"Yojimbo? ... Interesting name. You are about a 1/2 hour too late to the Ritual ... an other-dimensional all-consuming-death-god thing named Nxla apparently has his eye on our little dimensional nexus of a homeworld here. He has minions be-bopping all around the Magic-Zone trying to carry on a few of these and ... " the Marauder's speakers trail off, "well I'll be damned. Where did you get that Blade??" Lahz points at Oni-No-Hanzo with his cannon, then motions with his off-hand at Jack and the huge (for him) blade strapped to the Burster's back (his Eviscerator), "What are these things on clearance somewhere? ... Where do I get one?"
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:15 pm

Perception: 79% 1d100 = 72
JIC: 1d100 = 83 / 1d100 = 70

Meadow Group
Condition

On a Ley Line
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.


Enhanced Perception
This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl.[/ooc]

Jack eyes darted back and forth looking for something to attack he has replaced his sword and Pistol with his continues to follow Minerva making sure there are no other enemy that want to attack. “Minerva are you OK.”

When he hears a battle over the dead bodies on the group of undead he states, “Looks like someone is taking care of that problem.” (The CP-50 rifle laser burst will be used only if there is a treat of deadly force.)

when Laz talks to him he says, "Hey Laz, I'm sure someone can get you one of these things. I found the sword satach away in a locker on my ride after arriving here. A simple note saying thank you? I'm not sure who or why? Hey who is this new guy? do you know him?"

APM: 6

Action 1: Puts away weapons.
Action 2: Draws the Rifle
Action 3 Shoot at possible enemy 1d20+3 = 20 , Damage: Burst: 6d6 = 21 M.D.
Action 4: Shoot at possible enemy 1d20+3 = 12 , Damage: Burst: 6d6 = 17 M.D.

Action 5: Shoot at possible enemy 1d20+3 = 21 , Damage: Burst: 6d6 = 14 M.D.
Action 6: Shoot at possible enemy 1d20+3 = 15 , Damage: Burst: 6d6 = 17 M.D.

Parry: 1d20+13 = 24 , 1d20+13 = 17 , 1d20+13 = 27 , 1d20+13 = 20 , 1d20+13 = 17 , 1d20+13 = 30
1d20+2 = 21
Last edited by Jack Killian on Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:05 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 27
JIC d20: 1d20 = 17 / d100: 1d100 = 3

Lexington Group

Conditions
OOC Comments
Comments
Six Sence
See Invisible
Crystal Armor 30 MDC + Force Field 70 MDC
Electrokinesis. Resistance. The psychic can manipulate his body so to become resistant to electricity. Up to 60,000 volts will inflict no damage or ill effect. Currents greater than 60,000 volts, including lightning and magic electricity, do half damage. 4 ISP
Natural Ability
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% 1d100 = 66
Shadow cloak, Shadow Meld: as per the spell at 5th level of proficiency (p.103, BoM) Activation Cost: 10 P.P.E.
Enhance Reflexes: ISP.: 10 This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens al natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).
Ghost
Night Vision (4)
Range: 170’ To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences



INIT 1d20+2 = 12


Rocky sees the creature he knows using the pistol will ring down the tunnels and might bring more trouble, so he delays. And speaks to his ring, [i]Ring get ready to start Astral Hole and pop us behind him.” (/i) He slowly draws his phase sword. In case the creature decides to attack.

Number of Attacks: 7

Action 1: Draws Phase sword and communicates with ring
Action 2: Comes back in Phase
Action 3 Uses the Phase Sword Strike: 1d20+18 = 20 Damage: 4d6 = 15 M.D.
Action 4: Astral Hole if need to get out.
Action 5: Uses the Phase Sword Strike: 1d20+18 = 35 Damage: 4d6 = 17 M.D.
Action 6: Uses the Phase Sword Strike: 1d20+18 = 31 Damage: 4d6 = 12 M.D.
Action 7: Uses to phase out and behind the creature

Parry: 1d20+16 = 18 , 1d20+16 = 21 , 1d20+16 = 24 , 1d20+16 = 36 , 1d20+16 = 23 , 1d20+16 = 26 , 1d20+16 = 35
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:32 am

JiC: 1d100 = 83 / 1d20 = 18
Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 88

Detect Ambush [59%]: 1d100 = 71 (Stop from being jumped while rounding corners and such)
Intelligence [59%]: 1d100 = 34 (Best place to place the Silver Wall in the other side of the temple)

Post Details
"Deuce, I have the entrance to the Library sealed off for the moment. Going to run back around and seal the other entryway so they can't get in behind us." Ronan calls out as he sprints towards the other side, his magically gifted speed carrying him. He will run around Will's body with a sour look. You will be avenged, my friend. I'll see to it. He thinks as he stops several feet after Will and finds the smallest archway, entryway or door that leads to the front to erect a Silver wall in. He will make the wall 10 feet thick and fill the entire entryway with his silver. Once done, he'll return back to the Library entryway he encased earlier and extend his senses. I hate the way these things feel. He thinks, shuddering , though extending his flesh sense to see if there are Undead or anything immediately on the other side of his wall.

Combat Actions
APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 12
Parries [/w Silverblade]: 1d20+16 = 32 | 1d20+16 = 17 | 1d20+16 = 22 | 1d20+16 = 27 | 1d20+16 = 31 | 1d20+16 = 25 | 1d20+16 = 24 | 1d20+16 = 33
Dodge: 1d20+13 = 23

A1: Move to the other side of the temple, where Will and Wak entered from, radio.
A2: Continuing moving, move past Will's body, begin erecting a Silver Wall in the doorway to prevent the undead Horde from using that route.
A3-5: Silver Wall construction.
A6: Run back towards the Library and ensure that Silver wall remains strong
A7: Use Flesh Works, Sense Health of Flesh to determine if the Undead are on the immediate otherside of his wall.
A8: Reserved for Dodge.

Contingency
Should Ronan come into contact with the Undead on the other side, he will still attempt to erect the Silver Wall, radio about their presence and then will deal with any undead that get through with a flurry between his Light and Silver blades. "I was right, the undead are trying to slink a round the back."

A6: SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 13, SB Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 | LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 13, LB Damage: 1d6*10 = 20
A7: SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 27, SB Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 | LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 20, LB Damage: 1d6*10 = 40
A8: SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 14, SB Damage: 1d6*10 = 60 | LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 19, LB Damage: 1d6*10 = 40
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:38 pm

Temple Group
Initiative: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 82
PER: 1d100 = 55 vs. 76%
APM: 7
Conditions
[*]Dimension Sense: 90% skill, Vheld will detect any dimension-based magic (including teleports, opening of portals, etc.) that occurs, 8m remaining. If dimension magic is detected, Vheld can attempt to alter the course of the spell; see R:UE P. 121-122 for details.
[*]Invincible armor: 101/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc. 52.25m remaining. BoM P. 121.
[*]Mystic portal: 18.25m remaining, R:UE P. 219-20.
[*]Storm staff active: 3.25m remaining, Vheld is impervious to non-magical energy attacks and can fire up to four lightning bolts each melee
Time to minions' arrival
Sil: ARRIVED.
Bel'Dar/Sshir: ARRIVED.
Brokswa: ARRIVED.
Slithn: Spd 15*5 = 75 yds/melee; 5 rounds to arrival.
Invincible armor regeneration for this round: 1d6 = 4 MDC
Wakiza wrote:"Vheld that guy is harmless at the moment. I Mind Shattered him, is there something I don't know?"
Annoyed, Vheld growls ”Thanks for saying something.” He ceases his attack, glares at Wakiza, then turns on his heel and starts to head towards where Will and Wakiza entered. The shifter abruptly stops when he spots Will’s corpse off to one side.

The battle had stirred something in Vheld- something he’d thought long-dead, deep below his iron will. He didn’t use swords much these days, and when he did they inevitably brought with them memories of another life. One in which Vheld was a normal Atlantean- a scion of his house, trained in the arts of sword and sorcery among the rest of his brethren on Alexandria. His childhood fencing lessons, received along with the marks of heritage by all Atlanteans, were one of the few remnants of that life, that possibility that Vheld still carried with him. His use of those skills carried some poignancy, deep in Vheld’s heart of hearts. Were his life not currently under threat, he could take the time to be surprised in the feelings. Perhaps even secretly rejoice, that he had not completely sacrificed his humanity in his quest for power. As it was, Vheld kept the feelings buried, and under control.

Or so he thought. Perhaps his sense of nostalgia predisposed him towards sentimentality. Perhaps Will truly had made an impression on the normally irascible shifter. Or maybe, in the end, Vheld made a decision based on cold calculus, judging Will’s life to be worth the price. No-one, not even his teammates, would ever know for sure. But in a flash, when he saw Will’s lifeless body lying in the corner, snippets of the past few days flashed through Vheld’s mind. Images and brief interactions, conveying the basic decency and simple niceness of the man.
William Summers wrote:"Whoa! That's a big doggie! Is that your traveling companion? Is he friendly…Maybe! You know I love a good fight! I'm just gonna chat with Vheld over here for a while first!" Will points enthusiastically to Vheld and Sil in the dark corner..."So uh, here's the big question. What's your favorite spell? I'll go first! Magic Warrior is the best! It's like the most badassest fighter you can think of having your back!...Hey Vheld! You want in on our next game of Uno? The name of the game is in Español but the rest of it is in English! It boggles the mind…We're going up against the minions of true evil. You'll need all the help you can get. These enchantments should give us the edge we need."
Before he’s had time to truly consider the idea, Vheld begins striding rapidly towards Will, and reaches one hand into his shirt to touch the phoenix tattoo over his heart.

Vheld’s body flares with golden light, and he grits his teeth in pain as he ramps up the tattoo to its most powerful expression of magic; almost as an afterthought, Vheld’s hand drops to his belt pouch and grabs his magic die, willing it to do what it can for him ((-248 PPE; permanently lose 2d6 = 12 HP, 2d6-2 = 6 PPE, and one PE attribute point; permanently gain one MA attribute point)), then sends the golden energy into Will’s body ((Will is restored to 3 HP, regenerates any missing limbs/organs, and completely heals all wounds without scarring, per WB2 P. 92)). Assuming the tattoo works, Vheld grimaces to himself again, then offers the magus a crooked grin. ”On your feet. We still have to get out of here.” As he limps on, Vheld draws some PPE from the ley line and tops off the rest of his reserve from his energy sphere.

What happens next will depend on how successful Sil has been in finding the journal in the library. If she and/or Seymour have found it, and any other likely-looking spell books or grimoires, and secured it in the sack she will telepathically convey that information to her master. In that case, Vheld will proceed with Will directly to the entrance (after making sure that Wakiza has taken out the necromancer, or at least that the ritual has been disrupted). Once Vheld is clear of the temple’s impermeable dimensional fabric, he will cast another mystic portal (arriving at the origin point of the first portal, some 1,000 feet away in the forest). The shifter will not go through it, however, until everyone else is safely through. Finally, he will cast manipulate objects ((-2 PPE)) to retrieve Bel’Dar’s talisman.

If, on the other hand, Sil and Seymour still haven't found the journal then Vheld will move to assist them, and cast manipulate objects to speed the process up.

Actions 1-7: Reserved for movement, resurrection as above.
Contingencies:
- If Vheld’s invincible armor is depleted he will sacrifice an action to use his talisman again.
- If Vheld has any actions left over after arriving at the entrance and the horde is still a threat, he will cast carpet of adhesion on any groups of them as needed.
Auto-parries with staff (will not interrupt casting to defend): 1d20+7 = 22, 1d20+7 = 21, 1d20+7 = 14, 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 18, 1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 19

Sil
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 43
APM: 5
Conditions
[*]Invincible armor: 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc. 53.75m remaining. BoM P. 121.


Sil continues to sort through the material in the library. Locating the journal is her top priority, but other books that look like they might contain spell formulae will also get nudged into the sack with her. Once she has secured all likely looking books, she will take the sack (gently) in her mouth, shift to phantom form, and make a beeline for the entrance (and Vheld’s second mystic portal, if he is able to open it).

Actions 1-5: Searching and movement as above.

Contingencies:
1) Reactivate invincible armor talisman if it is depleted.
Auto-dodges: 1d20+6 = 24, 1d20+6 = 8, 1d20+6 = 10, 1d20+6 = 8, 1d20+6 = 12

Brokswa
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 59
APM: 5

Brokswa will maintain the plasma field to block as many of the oncoming undead as possible. Any others that aren’t roasted by it will be the target of plasma bolts.
Actions 1-3: Maintain plasma field. A gaseous cloud 60ft in diameter, 10ft tall, 1.5 feet above ground. Range is 600ft (requires line of sight), duration is 1 melee round per level. Does 5d6MD to a touch, 2d6x10 if running through it, half damage if the target crawls underneath (takes a full round).
Action 4: Fire plasma bolt. 1d20+5 = 14 to strike, 5d6 = 15 MD.
Action 5: Fire plasma bolt. 1d20+5 = 6 to strike, 5d6 = 26 MD.

Auto-parries if attacked: 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 11, 1d20+10 = 17, 1d20+10 = 29, 1d20+10 = 30

Sshir
Initiative: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 21
APM: 5
Conditions: Battle fury (see sheet, force field 100/100 MDC, 4.5m remaining)
Sheet of ice- 80% of falling if moving more than half speed, 32% if less; -4 to strike, parry, and dodge; 7.5m remaining
Things that should have happened last round: Casting sheet of ice ((BoM, P. 85; -15 PPE)), activating his battle fury blade ((-40 PPE)).

Sshir will hold the line- first by using ice magic to slow and contain the horde, then with his blade if any of them get too close.

Contingencies:
- Sshir will cast additional sheets of ice as necessary to slow down all of the oncoming horde, ideally keeping them within the confines of Brokswa’s plasma field.
- If Sshir has any free actions, he will draw PPE from the ley line ((+10 PPE)).
Action 1: Cast wall of ice, further walling the undead in ((-20 PPE)).
Action 2: Attacks on anything that gets too close. First hit- 1d20+7 = 11 to strike, 1d6*10 = 60 MD. Second hit- 1d20+7 = 15 to strike (opponent -5 to parry), 1d6*10 = 30 MD.
Action 3: Attacks on anything that gets too close. First hit- 1d20+7 = 16 to strike, 1d6*10 = 40 MD. Second hit- 1d20+7 = 19 to strike (opponent -5 to parry), 1d6*10 = 40 MD.
Action 4: Attacks on anything that gets too close. First hit- 1d20+7 = 15 to strike, 1d6*10 = 30 MD. Second hit- 1d20+7 = 22 to strike (opponent -5 to parry), 1d6*10 = 10 MD.
Action 5: Attacks on anything that gets too close. First hit- 1d20+7 = 14 to strike, 1d6*10 = 50 MD. Second hit- 1d20+7 = 16 to strike (opponent -5 to parry), 1d6*10 = 40 MD.

Auto-parries with blade: 1d20+6 = 13, 1d20+6 = 14, 1d20+6 = 19, 1d20+6 = 16, 1d20+6 = 19
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 71/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
1/3 charges on Vheld's and 2/3 on Sil's invincible armor talismans.
Energy Spheres: 164/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 31

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 37 (88%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 94 (59%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Prowl 1d100 = 52 (83%) to creep along the tunnel without being detected
Land Navigation 1d100 = 4 (60%) to determine if there are any familiar landmarks that could indicate if the group is going around in a circle

Lexington Ruins Group

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet - active
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

As they continue northward, Mierin is glad when Pebbles seems to listen to reason and doesn't touch the sarcophagi. She still thinks very little of him though at least he listens to the group when they tell him not to do something stupid.

"I dhink dat way just loops back on itself." Zion speaks softly and gestures to the tunnel heading southward. "Dat's just my opinion. It all kinda look da same to me. Anyone know ware we're goi'n?"


That..” Mierin starts to reply before she trails off. After a second, she adds, ”is an excellent question.” Mierin then studies the surroundings for any familiar landmarks she may have seen that could indicate that have been going around in a circle as they attempt to find the ritual.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies

Stats & Stuff
ISP: 35/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 38 / 73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 86

RUINS GROUP

CONDITIONS: John is Full Size, Pebbles, See Invisible, Radar to 900', and Can't be Touched by Undead.

John doesn't bother to say anything as they pass through the new intersection. It's obvious in his mind that the lower passage goes back to the entrance and that they're currently in a maze of passages.

Instead he tries to determine who he'd eat first if they were trapped down here and then realizes he'd probably be able to 'drill' to the surface in pebble form like a zombie rising from its grave.

He is careful, however, to remember where the chamber they just left was in relation to the entrance. He intends to examine those weird caskets after the battle, regardless of the tender sensibilities of his teammates.

As they pass through the intersection, John checks to see if he can spot tracks from previous people coming though this area before he obliterates all signs under his massive, stony posterior.

Track Humans/Robots (Where have the cultists been going?): 1d100 = 92 / 56%
Detect Concealment (To spot hidden doors/hidden enemies): 1d100 = 46 / 56%
Detect Ambush (you know, because it's not unlikely we'll be ambushed by undead or necromancers): 1d100 = 99 / 56%
Prowl (Maybe John can be quiet this time!): 1d100 = 54 / 54% (94% - 40% pebbles penalty)
Cartography (to build a mental map of the tunnels they've been through): 1d100 = 36 / 75%
Lore: Demons & Monsters (What's a grue?!?): 1d100 = 68 / 86%
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zed » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:19 pm

Perception: 23% | 1d100 = 44
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 11

MEADOWS GROUP

Conditions:
Worn and a bit weary.

Post:
Zed is listening to the man angrily speak about gaining “Frxxxing answers..” while doing so he interrupts what he was doing to look around briefly and gauge the temperature of the rest of the group. Thinking the mans temper odd since Zed only briefly met the man hours ago.

He must be at his wits end with all this madness to be lashing out at strangers like this… or maybe that’s just how he treats newcomers… seek to understand Zed… there must be more going on with this man than you know.

Zed having spent time using up the last minutes of his flight spell looking around the site to glean what he could, all the while soaking up as much ppe he can currently hold as well as capturing ppe [not intentionally being disrespectful by delaying his response- its just that the young wizard nearly died and his magic stores were empty in hostile territory..] says to the man,

I am sorry to say that I can not right now do what you have asked concerning this dead thing. I wish I could but what you ask is currently beyond my knowledge or experience. I also can not follow the necromancers rift… it is unfortunately gone.”

Zed looks in the direction of where the Necromancer tactically retreated with eyes of regret before continuing, “I recommend we burn this dead thing to ash after also separating it’s head from its ‘currently’ lifeless, limbless torso.”

That should ensure it can never again be used to harass the living.


After listening and responding Zed thinks of being better prepared for the next encounter. He asks the group for: approximately 15 to 20 min before they push off so that he may cast a few spells and create a few magical items for the group.

.............................................
When the comparatively small "Automaton" looking Samurai thing comes into view, Zed observes the design, and makes mental note to inquire more later, but thinks his energies would be better used elsewhere. He begins the self-driven task(s) of:

Cast E-Sphere: 120ppe
Creating Fire Globe(s) x 21 [1 to vaporize the Wraith] approx (13.5 min)
Capture PPE: [531]





Skills:
None at the moment

Contingencies:
If attacked or ambushed, Zed will cast Armor of Ithan and seek cover, then cast Fly as the Eagle for mobility.

If asked how much time and what for, Zed will state it.

Zed wants to be fully topped off with ppe, captured ppe, and have a full E-Sphere available
Last edited by Zed on Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
P.P.E.: 177|30 +3d6/lvl
S.D.C.: 45|45
H.P.: 20|20 +1d6/lvl


Special Abilities
1. One with the body: -50% fatigue rate, hold breath for 3 minutes, +5% to balance
2. One with the mind: alert and able to stay focused even when all hell is breaking loose around him
3. One with Magic: comprehensive understanding of the principles of magic and is especially well versed in ritual magic and power spells
4. Pilot Automaton. [All, but prefers the Colossus]
5. May Draw P.P.E. from ley lines, nexus points, people, and ritual blood sacrifice the same as a Ley Line Walker
6. Link with the Lords of Magic: can draw upon the P.P.E. reserves of the three Lords of Magic to create magic weapons via the Enchant Weapons (minor) spell, at 50% P.P.E. cost to The Three; alerts The Three when a High Mage is killed
7. Automaton Creation & Bonding Rituals: knows the secrets of creating Automatons and the bonding ritual that gives the Controllers their unique union with the magical constructs


Zed aka Daelur Ezekiel Zenth
User avatar
Zed
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:37 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 96
Init: 1d20 = 18
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 63
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 61
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 90


Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 78
Seymour:
[*]Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw


Skills Used
OOC Comments
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 3 - decent shots of dead enemies
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 13 - decent shots of dead hostages
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 33 - decent shots of portal/area
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 41 - decent shots of dead enemies
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 97 - decent shots of dead hostages
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 23 - decent shots of portal/area
Surveillance -- 54% / 1d100 = 38 - set camera on auto follow
Computer Operation 70% / 1d100 = 33 - video scan temple
Intelligence 40% / 1d100 = 13 - look for journals, paperwork… anything that will help learn their plans
Literacy: American -- 70% / 1d100 = 67 - read anything found
Prowl 76% / 1d100 = 74 - stay quiet
Lore: Magic
--General Knowledge: 50% / 1d100 = 3 - loot mystical stuff
--Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 40% / 1d100 = 86 - loot mystical stuff
--Recognize Enchantment: 32% / 1d100 = 58 - loot mystical stuff
Appraise Goods -- 37% / 1d100 = 80 - look for BM worthy items


Post -
Temple Group
Seymour takes a knee as Ronan yells then leaps over seymour. Taking a moment, He looks around. Seeing Sil make for the library, Seymour makes a run for the library door. Moving in a zigzag pattern, Seymour dodges as he mgoes. With a flick, he hits his radio ”Moving to assist Sil in search.”

Once he reaches the doorway, Seymour will crouch and peek around it into the room. Seeing nothing, he sets his last drone to record and follow. Seymour then begins his search. Using all his knowledge, He looks for anything that resembles the mystic stuf he has heard of. ”Okay, time to look for anything with fancy runes or scary writing. Maybe alchemy type recipes or notes with gibberish scribbled on them, maybe even body parts. Plus maybe i can make a little coin for myself. Just need to find something for the boss. Gotta pay the BM somehow.” Seymour will assist Sil in looting the library, all the while he will pocket the occasional trinket for himself.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:35 am

**ROLLS HELD**

Lahz wrote:"Yojimbo? ... Interesting name. You are about a 1/2 hour too late to the Ritual ... an other-dimensional all-consuming-death-god thing named Nxla apparently has his eye on our little dimensional nexus of a homeworld here. He has minions be-bopping all around the Magic-Zone trying to carry on a few of these and ... " the Marauder's speakers trail off, "well I'll be damned. Where did you get that Blade??" Lahz points at Oni-No-Hanzo with his cannon, then motions with his off-hand at Jack and the huge (for him) blade strapped to the Burster's back (his Eviscerator), "What are these things on clearance somewhere? ... Where do I get one?"


Yojimbo does not blink, but if he did, he would be blinking right now in disbelief as he sees Jack's sword.

Fascinating... says his blade, telepathically, in a surprised tone as well.

"This blade was discovered when I first arrived upon this continent in a remote area far to the west... when looking through an old building, I found it. I did not know there are others like it... nor would I know where to find more..." he replies to Lahz, while still marveling at Jack having a similar one.

Shaking off the momentary distraction, he responds back to Lahz... "Nxla, you say... "

Skill roll
Lores (listed below, all to ID or see if Nxla "rings a bell")
Demon & Monster 1d100 = 78/98%
Undead 1d100 = 10/98%
Psychic 1d100 = 2/98% Critical Success!
D-bee 1d100 = 66/98%
Faeries and Creatures of Magic 1d100 = 33/98%


If Yojimbo has heard of Nxla, he will relay the information he knows to the others in the group.

"I suspect that none of you, like me, are willing to give up our world to this 'Nxla'. Where might we find him/her/it, in order to prove the folly of such an ambition upon its very essence??" he asks.

The Holy Terror recalls some psychic trouble he's had lately, and wonders if this is related to it, but, given the general problems he's had with his identity and loss of time over the past few years, keeps silent about the harrowing experiences... for now.

"Black icicles being shoved through my ears and into my brain... a soft morass of black sludge tinted with premonitions of doom and ominous images of an engulfing cold, darkness, and pain... " he recalls silently.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1027/1027
P.P.E.: 440/440
I.S.P.: 79/79


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:00 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image


Meadow Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2130
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Northeast of the Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Zed (Roughnecks; flying solo)


Lahz climbs back inside his suit once repairs are completed, then hollers at Zed. "Zed? Seriously, answer us. Can you help, or not? Get the hell down here."

Zed flies down, his magic exhausted, and answers Lahz. "I am sorry to say that I can not right now do what you have asked concerning this dead thing. I wish I could, but what you ask is currently beyond my knowledge or experience. I also can not follow the necromancer's rift. It is unfortunately gone."

A massive, walking, talking suit of metallic, samurai-styled armor emerges from smoke filled edges of the group's sight and starts butchering the undead scavengers. He's able to hack a few to pieces before the others flee north into the woods before calling out to the living who are present, "What happened here? I found some people who told me of an evil ritual, but it appears I am too late to stop it." (Your sword's personality is an NPC & thus played by GMs.)

Lahz replies, "Yeah, we hit the ritual and disrupted it. What's your name? Who sent you?" And a discussion ensues between the strange newcomer and the others present. While the others are interacting, Zed is slowly but surely letting the ambient energy flow into him. After some minutes, he's replenished enough to invoke a blue bubble which hovers over one of his shoulders. He then spends many minutes more channeling the ambient energy through him and into the bubble. Once the bubble is complete, he then redirects the ambient energy back into his depleted self. (This all takes close to minutes to accomplish.) For the life of him, Yojimbo has never heard of this "Nxla," thing, but it sounds terrible and evil, and so must be stopped.

Temple Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2202
Environmental Effects: 85°, oppressively humid; night time/dark
Ley Line: 5 miles long, 500' thick, East-West axis, centered on Temple Mound; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: in the wilderness South of Stormspire & East-Northeast of Dunscon; perhaps an hour from the region/forest known as Soulharvest

Order of Battle
Mouser
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Brokswa (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Bel'Dar (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)


Ronan zips around to the East entrance and repeats the process of sealing up the entry with a wall of silver.
Vheld goes through a personal tribulation and resurrects William from the recently dead through the use of his Phoenix Rising from the Flames tattoo. The exertion drains his two talismans and costs him much of his personal reserves, not to mention making him feel slightly faint, and ever so marginally weaker. Will's eyes flutter open. He gasps for breath and his torso surges upright in shock. Vheld grimaces then offers Will a crooked grin. "On your feet. We still have to get out of here." Vheld looks up to find access to Brokswa, and access to BelDar's remains to be physically blocked by a wall of silver. They're now physically blocked from leaving the way they came. Turning to regard the ritual chamber (he's certain that the ritual has, at the very least, been severely compromised, if not entirely disrupted), his eyes skim over the bloodbath with disinterest until his eyes and his senses alike fixate on the lintel arch and the weak dimensional fabric between the arch columns. He likewise senses a pocket of weak dimensional fabric in the chamber just East of his current position, but something causes the hairs on the back of his neck to stand on end when even momentarily considering that chamber for some reason. Seymour zips into the library area, rapidly searching for anything that smacks of "journal," but comes up only with loose sheets of notes for the most part. When Sil dashes off, however, some wad of papers flutter and he catches sight of the corner of a leather bound, purple with fine gold trim, book with a silk tie knotting closed the contents within. Seizing this, and hearing the mounting ferocity from just the other side of the strange silver wall at the West entry, he zips back to the chamber, then to the East to where Sil is rushing. Sil bounds to Vheld's side, satchel overstuffed with and shedding loose sheets of paper dangling from its teeth. Wakiza strides up to Vheld, "No time to kill that bastard, his defenses are strong, and he's mind-shattered anyway. We'd best be getting out of here while we still can. Sounds like a city of undead coming to greet us out there. Got another way out?" Wakiza blanches at the sight of Will's standing figure. "How the hell?" The remaining crowd of a dozen or so villagers all huddle behind Wakiza...at a respectful, wary distance given that he's covered from head to foot in gore.

Outside, Brokswa maintain his plasma and hurls plasma bolts at the surging horde of undead only to be brought low by concentrated weapons fire and the bludgeoning fists of the soulless mob. Sshir meanwhile slices and dices amid the mass of undead that are surging forward on the sheet of ice beneath their feet. The sheer mass of bodies pushing forward keeping many upright as xombies are none to speedy to begin with and many are being bodily supported by other undead. Still, the numbers are overwhelming, and many of them are armed. (The external scene fades off screen with no PCs present. NPCs do their own thing.)

(Vheld's stats already adjusted.)
MAP
Image


Lexington Ruins Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2030
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Zion (MARS)


After some more twists and turns through these seemingly endless tunnels, the group finally bumps into Rocky shortly before the lot of them come upon a door which is ajar and with a faint light illuminating it from the other side. Cautiously peering through the crack, Wolf sees a stone staircase casting long shadows from the crackling lightning from the surface. The water pouring in from the passage leading to the surface begins pooling at the feet of those on the other side of the door. The room with the stairs is already somewhat flooded. Opening the door and stepping inside as there appears to be no threat in the room, they assembled and begin looking around when Mierin spots a long, narrow passageway leading north. Her cybernetic vision reveals a soulless xombie standing mute guard in front of a heavy stone door.

MAP
Image


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent
Bel'Dar: DEAD
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Brokswa: DEAD
Jack Killian: -119 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-18 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
John Altfeld:
Lahz: (Sustain active), -56 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -33 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; -30 M.D. to Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED; -82 personal M.D.
  • Armor of Ithan: POPPED
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Saul: -16 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins)
Seymour:
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100/-59 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Sshir: -36 M.D.C.
Vheld: P.P.E. tracked in sig-line; -2 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor: 225/-48 MD, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1D6 MD/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc.
  • Mystic portal: R:UE p.219-20
  • Storm staff active: impervious to non-magical energy attacks; fire up to 4 lightning bolts/melee
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: DEAD
Wolf Whitaker:
Zed: 177 P.P.E.; Energy Sphere: 300 P.P.E.
Zion: -30 ISP
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5320
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby William Summers » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 56/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 93

Group: Temple

Conditions
  • SDC: 0/178
  • HP: 3/178
  • Ley Line Proximity: Double range/duration/damage, Will can draw 10PPE/melee. Double magic weapon damage/range.
  • Personal PPE: 0/178
  • Captured PPE: 0/356. 0/60 minutes


Will's eyes flutter open. He draws in a breath and then jolts upright. His hands reach up toward his chest and frantically pat around. Chest bare. Must have taken a bad blow. He looks up to see Vheld standing over him.
Vheld wrote:Vheld grimaces to himself again, then offers the magus a crooked grin. ”On your feet. We still have to get out of here.”

”Did... did I lose?” Will rights himself at Vheld's suggestion and quickly takes stock of himself. Your mana reserves are depleted and you're operating at 2% vitality, Summers. You're alive, but barely. He leans over to pick his sword up from the ground and make sure he didn't drop anything else important. His hand quickly darts over to the pouch of his utility belt. He feels for the Eye of Odin and rolls it through his fingers before securing the pouch again. You have no protection from another blow. You are on a source of magic. Use your training, dammit! Will draws in PPE from the ley line to give him the most basic of resources. Once he has absorbed energy for 30 seconds, he speaks in a cracking and dry voice the magic word: "Zam Tinen!". A basic magical armor (Armor of Ithan) forming around him, he continues to wait for the word to go, absorbing PPE the whole time (unsure how long we'll stay and how time is being counted currently, but Will is actively absorbing 10 PPE/melee).
Augur wrote:Wakiza blanches at the sight of Will's standing figure. "How the hell?"

"I don't think they wanted me. Good to see you, Sir Blackhoof." From underneath his bug-shaped helmet, he gives a half hearted smile. No matter, they can't see your face. My friends are here and I think Vheld just brought me back from the dead? But you know who wasn't there, Summers? The Brothers Three. Neither Leizak, Brethan nor Coran, your own god of battle. None of them cared about your death, Summers. You joke about Hell, but you have just arrived. For what is a warrior without purpose? Without a cause? Without a master?
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:55 am

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 33 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: 1d100 = 6

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Furious / Vengeful], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [---/160]

ISP: [-56] 155/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 89



MEADOWS GROUP

When the Burster and New-guy-Jimbo give their extremely odd explanations for their acquisition of two, matching, ultra--advanced pieces of technological weaponry, he shakes his head in astonishment that grows into shrug. Lahz looks the big guy(?)/borg/thing over from within his Marauder thoughtfully trying to figure out his nature for several moments ...

Identify types of Paranormal Creatures 94%: 1d100 = 8 - ID Yojimbo
Lore: Demons & Monsters 45%: 1d100 = 71 - ID Yojimbo


Lahz waits another 6 seconds or so then puts his Pulse Cannon back up into its shoulder-rack/clamps, "Yeah, Nxla ... an extradimensional jackass who wants to steal souls started sending out widespread Psychic assaults a few days ago ... just widescale disturbing stuff that hits everyone in geographic areas. This Nxla can reach out and snatch Psychics out of commission without warning or notice, which is of course a Mega-Dick move, but he does not seem overly concerned with any kind of fair play in the course of mind-frakking and dominating the world ... He favors making broad unsupported statements during these little hijackings saying 'You are nothing. Turn away now, or die!?? ... It's very canned' ... If you were going to kill and everyone why bother trying to intimidate? ... There's no 'If you turn back I'll spare you' or anything. Just the assurance that he'll occasionally do a mind-invasion to make vague threats ... The only ''Intelligence'' we eventually received indicated a Triple-Ceremony this evening by a bunch of idiotic Necromancer-minions and other undead in 3 locations about 50 or so miles from one another, so those of us who ended up recruited into trying to contest this thing opted to split our forces. For instance I have a Shifter I work with who is leading a raid on a Temple with a bunch of our allies and a pack of demons he has forcibly bound to his will ... Not preferred allies but sometimes you have to do what you have to do, and ... use any and all tools available to prevent a bad outcome. Pragmatism wins out when one cannot afford the luxury of moral absoluteness, y-know-what-I-mean? ... "

Yojimbo wrote:"I suspect that none of you, like me, are willing to give up our world to this 'Nxla'. Where might we find him/her/it, in order to prove the folly of such an ambition upon its very essence??" he asks.


"Nxla is remotely attacking people of our world by attacking folks' minds. If we knew where to find him I already would have multiple volleys of Long Range Missiles en route to that locale ... although it's likely we would need multiple armies if he ever actually came to this world ... Anyways, we don't have a location yet so we're wiping out his minions to try and preclude that scenario." responds the PA-clad Elf.
Last edited by Lahz on Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 92 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 18

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 82 (88%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 92 (59%) watching for signs of a possible attack

Lexington Ruins Group

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet - active
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

Mierin is a bit surprised to run into Rocky as they made their way through the tunnels. He's lucky he's not dead. Mentally shrugging, Mierin realizes she doesn't care where he went or what happened when he was gone. What was important was stopping this ritual.

When she spots the long narrow passageway to the North, Mierin nods herself. There we go. THAT'S what we want. Whispering to the others, Mierin says, ”We need to go down that passageway. Mierin points out the passageway to everyone. ”There's a souless zombie guarding a heavy stone door. I'm betting that's where the ritual is happening. We need to take it out quickly and quietly. I'd shoot it with my rifle, but last time I tried that it had no effect.” As she waits for a response, Mierin keeps n eye out for signs of an attack.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling." Dr Cox, Scrubs
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies

Stats & Stuff
ISP: 35/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Minerva » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 97

Group: Meadows
Conditions
  • H.P.: 104/104
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 315/390
    Psi-Sword
  • Damage: 8D6 (6D6 base + 1 die from ley line +1D6 from fencing) Double vs Xombies and Harvesters.
  • Duration: 30/60 minutes
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 5/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield (Active)
  • 70/70 MDC
  • 3/4 Activations
    Stalker Suit
  • 12/12 MDC
    Cloak of Protection
  • 50/50 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • Impervious to Fire
    Ring of Invisibility (Inactive)
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 3/3 Activations
    Ring of Resist Fire (Inactive)
  • 0/2 hours
  • 3/3 Activations
    On a Ley Line
  • Can use 1D6+1 ISP per melee round. Can not be stored.
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.


After spending the better part of 30 minutes scouring the battlefield for any innocents that might be trapped, any weapons left behind by the enemy or any other clues about the ritual, she looks up to see the giant suit of armor chatting with Lahz.

Jack Killian wrote:Jack eyes darted back and forth looking for something to attack he has replaced his sword and Pistol with his continues to follow Minerva making sure there are no other enemy that want to attack. “Minerva are you OK.”


"I'm fine. What the fuck is that?" Minerva pulls her hand radio from its place on her belt and hits the Meadow Squad's frequency. "Lahz, what the fuck is that?" Just in case it's necessary, she keeps her psi-sword present. And while in the presence of a ley line's endless energy, she draws 1d6+1 = 7 ISP and uses it to activate See Aura (-6 ISP, 1 remaining that burns up at the end of 15 seconds) to check out the large suit of armor.

Heading to her motorcycle, she checks to make sure it is unscathed. Then she loads the spoils of war into its various holding pouches. Once done, she'll stand by Lahz and listen to whatever is going on, only chiming in with "Es rayos y truenos... I mean, it's lightning and thunder out here. Maybe we head to the city to find cover."
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 11/24%
JIC: 1d20 = 19;1d100 = 24

Paranoid Thought Text

Lexington Ruins Group

Active Effects
Thermal and Night Vision: 600'



Wolf takes a slight stutter step as they run into Rocky. What the hell? I guess we all ended up in the same area anyway...And here I was hoping he was dead...What? Why?...One less person to try and kill you when this team thing is over...It is strange how we ran into him.

Mierin wrote:When she spots the long narrow passageway to the North, Mierin nods herself. There we go. THAT'S what we want. Whispering to the others, Mierin says, ”We need to go down that passageway. Mierin points out the passageway to everyone. ”There's a soulless zombie guarding a heavy stone door. I'm betting that's where the ritual is happening. We need to take it out quickly and quietly. I'd shoot it with my rifle, but last time I tried that it had no effect.” As she waits for a response, Mierin keeps n eye out for signs of an attack.


Wolf gives a slight sideways glance at hearing Mierin's Rifle had no effect on this thing before. Well That's not good. Whatcha going to now?...Fuck off. Maybe silver, only have twelve rounds...You have the hilt that John gave you...ya and I still have no idea what it does or how to turn it on.
Wolf also whispers in response. "So if your rifle didn't work, what did? I only have 12 silver rounds so they are going to have to share. Also I don't have a quiet way to take things out. I will remain ready to support if it goes loud."

Wolf will set him self ready to assist or fire if the quiet way does not work. Wolf will draw his .44 mag pistolwith silver rounds, with his left hand and his Equalizer with his right hand.

Combat Contingencies
Only if combat goes from quiet to loud and other beings are alerted to our presence.

Wolf will only fire the Equalizer to knock down his target. Please remove shots if target is down. Wolf will prioritize targets targeting him, then focus on targets others are having difficulty with.

Init:1d20+15 = 20

Silver is in the left hand.
Equalizer knockdown is in the right hand.

APM: 6

Action 1: Dual shot. Strike, Right: 1d20+5 = 9; Strike Left: 1d20+4 = 6; Right Damage:5d6 = 12 plus knockdown; Left Damage: 5d6 = 12 Silver
Action 2: Dual shot. Strike, Right: 1d20+5 = 13; Strike Left: 1d20+4 = 16; Right Damage:5d6 = 16 plus knockdown; Left Damage: 5d6 = 15 Silver
Action 3: Dual shot. Strike, Right: 1d20+5 = 14; Strike Left: 1d20+4 = 6; Right Damage:5d6 = 13 plus knockdown; Left Damage: 5d6 = 23 Silver
Action 4: Dual shot. Strike, Right: 1d20+5 = 7; Strike Left: 1d20+4 = 5; Right Damage:5d6 = 21 plus knockdown; Left Damage: 5d6 = 15 Silver
Action 5 and 6: Dodge:1d20+9 = 25; 1d20+9 = 29

Auto parry: 1d20+9 = 12; 1d20+9 = 24; 1d20+9 = 18; 1d20+9 = 19; 1d20+9 = 29
Last edited by Wolf Whitaker on Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zion » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 96 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 74
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Mind Block-Auto Defense, Null Void, Psi Nullification, Sense Supernatural (300'/ 1200') WB12, pg30, Radiate Nature (12'/ 100') WB12, pg30

Group: Lexington Ruins

Wolf wrote:"So if your rifle didn't work, what did? I only have 12 silver rounds so they are going to have to share. Also I don't have a quiet way to take things out. I will remain ready to support if it goes loud."


Zion almost misses the the conversation between Wolf and Mierin, as they whisper. Stopping in his tracks, he waits and listens. Damn. I ain't got no silver, nor any'ting dat might hurt dem. If dare go too many of dem, I dhink we might be screwed. Well at least I am but if I and I says it's my time den I ain't argu'n. I just gonna fight till den. "Sorry but I ain't got any'ting, neither. Dose anyone know if magic can hurt dem and if so can anyone use it?" Zion follows the ques from everyone else and keeps his voice down to a whisper. Keeping as still and silent as he can, waiting for a response. Using all of his senses, Zion keeps a watch out for potential ambush.

Skill Roll
Detect Ambush 45% / 1d100 = 65 - to make sure I am not caught by surprise


Contingency for Combat
APM: 5

Initiative:1d20+1 = 3

Action 1: Attack soulless zombie with laser rifle. Strike: 1d20+1 = 13 Damage: 3d6+2 = 5
Action 2: Attack soulless zombie with laser rifle. Strike: 1d20+1 = 14 Damage: 3d6+2 = 17
Action 3: Attack soulless zombie with laser rifle. Strike: 1d20+1 = 17 Damage: 3d6+2 = 11
Action 4: Attack soulless zombie with laser rifle. Strike: 1d20+1 = 7 Damage: 3d6+2 = 12 or Reserved for Dodge : 1d20+6 = 24
Action 5: Attack soulless zombie with laser rifle. Strike: 1d20+1 = 16 Damage: 3d6+2 = 13 or Reserved for Dodge : 1d20+6 = 20
Zion

Constant Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense, Six Sense, Sense Supernatural Beings, Radiate Nature, Null Void, Psi Nullification and interference

Equipment
Morning Star
    2d6 MD
Wilk's 457 Laser Pulse Rifle
    3D6+2 M.D. per shot or 1D6x10 M.D. burst
    30 shots per LE-Clip
User avatar
Zion
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:40 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Perception [42%]: Original post: 1d100 = 33 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 6

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Furious / Vengeful], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [---/160]

ISP: [-56] 155/211
Telemechanics [98%]: Original post: 1d100 = 89



MEADOWS GROUP

Minerva wrote: ... and hits the Meadow Squad's frequency. "Lahz, what the fuck is that?" ... Heading to her motorcycle, she checks to make sure it is unscathed. Then she loads the spoils of war into its various holding pouches. Once done, she'll stand by Lahz and listen to whatever is going on, only chiming in with "Es rayos y truenos... I mean, it's lightning and thunder out here. Maybe we head to the city to find cover."


From within his armored shell, Lahz ponders essentially the same question as that posed by Minerva, "That ... is an excellent question Diamond. I think he-it is kind of a Golem, or a D-Bee? ... It's not a Borg. I'll get back to you."

"Yo, Jimbo. Not to be indelicate but ... what are you? Like a Golem, or is that a magic armor spell or something? ..."

OOC: When all are ready, Lahz marks the Nav location for this ritual site on his Map, then plot a course for Stormspire

"Anyone know a good Bar in Stormspire? ... "
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 94 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 89

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.
[*] Storm Rider Armor (BoM p. 47): 120/120 MDC armor; Impervious to all forms of Elemental Magic, Lightning, and even ley line storms; Other types of energy do 1/2 damage; can hover and fly at 60 mph.

Group: Temple

As he sees Will rise from the dead and hears him joke, Wak truly smiles for the fist time in ages! "I am sure they didn't want you! Especially with that hole through your chest." He turns to Vheld and gives him a slight bow, "I owe you one. If there is anything I can do for you in the future, well . . . something that doesn't involve supporting a Sploog, I will be there!" Wak attempts to clean some of the gore off of himself using his canteen if he is able.

Wak says "Good job Ronin, that is an interesting ability you have there." Well what do we do now? "So we can tempt fate and try the portal that the necro used or I can fly up and teleport back to our RV, and come in grenades blazing to pick you all up. What do you think? and remember we have these civilians to look after?"

If necessary:
APM: 8
Init: 1d20+11 = 27

Don't forget Wak's Advanced Combat Awareness. And that he can parry energy blasts with Derilian at a -6.

Action 1: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 17 Damage: 10d6+4 = 43
Action 2: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 29 Damage: 10d6+4 = 34
Action 3: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 29 Damage: 10d6+4 = 40
Action 4: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 26 Damage: 10d6+4 = 47
Action 5: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 36 Damage: 10d6+4 = 35
Action 6: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 29 Damage: 10d6+4 = 35
Action 7: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 32 Damage: 10d6+4 = 36
Action 8: Strikes with Derilian. Strike: 1d20+16 = 22 Damage: 10d6+4 = 38

Can parry energy blasts with Derilian at a -6

Parry: 1d20+24 = 25 1d20+24 = 29 1d20+24 = 34 1d20+24 = 25 1d20+24 = 30 1d20+24 = 31 1d20+24 = 26 1d20+24 = 42

Dodge if necessary: 1d20+18 = 19 1d20+18 = 29 1d20+18 = 29 1d20+18 = 33 1d20+18 = 34 1d20+18 = 21 1d20+18 = 36 1d20+18 = 30

Contingency: If Storm Rider Armor goes down he will burn an action to activate another Storm Rider Armor from his armor.

Contingency 2:
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:31 pm

Temple Group
Initiative: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 89
PER: 1d100 = 60 vs. 76%
APM: 7
Conditions
[*]Dimension Sense: 90% skill, Vheld will detect any dimension-based magic (including teleports, opening of portals, etc.) that occurs, 8m remaining. If dimension magic is detected, Vheld can attempt to alter the course of the spell; see R:UE P. 121-122 for details.
[*]Invincible armor: 107/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc. 52m remaining. BoM P. 121.
[*]Mystic portal: 18m remaining, R:UE P. 219-20.
[*]Storm staff active: 3m remaining, Vheld is impervious to non-magical energy attacks and can fire up to four lightning bolts each melee
Time to minions' arrival
Slithn: Spd 15*5 = 75 yds/melee; 4 rounds to arrival.
Invincible armor regeneration for this round: 1d6 = 6 MDC

We have to get out of here. Now. Vheld briefly stares to the east, tempted. There may be power there. But he takes stock of his allies- and decides that he will have to settle with what he has gotten. The shifter strides towards the archways, summoning another mystic portal to the other end of his first portal ((here; -60 PPE)). Once the portal is opened and Vheld is satisfied it will take them all out of the temple, he snarls at Wakiza ”Get them out of here, cyber-knight.” As Sil trots up to him, Vheld issues his next command to Sshir, again using distant voice ((-10 PPE)), ”Retrieve all of my property and return it and yourself to the ARTV as quickly as you can.” He then turns his attention to Sil.

A soft affection crawls into the shifter’s expression as he kneels, cinches the sack shut, and ties it around Sil’s dog collar. He then pats her head. Go. Lead them to the vehicle, and get Slithn as well. Vheld will then turn to regard the wall of silver, and calmly wait until either the civilians and the rest of his allies have escaped (in which case Vheld will also proceed through the portal) or the horde breaks through Ronan’s silver walls (in which case he will take appropriate action, starting with a few carpets of adhesion just behind the walls’ remains). Before Vheld departs through the portal, he will grab the unconscious necromancer and hoist him over one shoulder ((assuming he weighs less than 300 pounds or so; alternatively if Ronan offers to haul him Vheld will accept with a nod)). Once on the other side, Vheld will chuck the necromancer back through the original portal they used to arrive at the temple, and begin casting a spell if he has time.

Actions 1-2: Cast mystic portal at the safer of the two spots that will allow dimensional travel (if the archways are further than 30 feet away, deduct movement actions until Vheld is within range).
Action 3: Cast distant voice on Sshir.
Action 4: Dialogue/commands.
Action 5: Secure sack around Sil.
Actions 6-7: Defensive spells or movement towards the portal as needed.

Sil
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 58
APM: 5
Conditions
[*]Invincible armor: 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc. 53.5m remaining. BoM P. 121.
Sil sorrowfully complies, trotting through the portal. Once on the other side, she will huff until she has the attention of at least some of the civilians and either Will or Seymour, and begin trotting off in the direction of the ARTV. She will first try to intercept Slithn’s course, and bring the wraith back with her. Once she is on her way she will attack anything hostile that gets in her way, but only to knock it down or dissuade it from continuing. She won’t wait for anyone to follow her, and will shift to phantom form if things get dicey.

Contingencies:
1) Reactivate invincible armor talisman if it is depleted.
Auto-dodges: 1d20+6 = 22, 1d20+6 = 8, 1d20+6 = 18, 1d20+6 = 21, 1d20+6 = 16
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 71/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
1/3 charges on Vheld's and 2/3 on Sil's invincible armor talismans.
Energy Spheres: 164/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:36 pm

**rolls held**


**MEADOWS GROUP**

Lahz wrote:"Yo, Jimbo. Not to be indelicate but ... what are you? Like a Golem, or is that a magic armor spell or something? ..."


"Not a problem at all. Most people on this world have not heard of my kind. I am a Holy Terror... we are known as staunch foes of supernatural evil. My kind were stranded in another dimension called Wormwood, and have never found our way back to our homeworld. Though it may appear to you that I am some kind of golem or magical robot, I assure you that I am, in fact, alive."

To emphasize his point, he holds up one arm and claws it with his other arm, gouging it deeply. He then holds it up so all can see it bio-regenerate in a matter of seconds. (ooc: think Wolverine's healing factor, but without any blood - the wound closes in front of your eyes)

Lahz wrote:Lahz waits another 6 seconds or so then puts his Pulse Cannon back up into its shoulder-rack/clamps, "Yeah, Nxla ... an extradimensional jackass who wants to steal souls started sending out widespread Psychic assaults a few days ago ... just widescale disturbing stuff that hits everyone in geographic areas. This Nxla can reach out and snatch Psychics out of commission without warning or notice, which is of course a Mega-Dick move, but he does not seem overly concerned with any kind of fair play in the course of mind-frakking and dominating the world ... He favors making broad unsupported statements during these little hijackings saying 'You are nothing. Turn away now, or die!?? ... It's very canned' ... If you were going to kill and everyone why bother trying to intimidate? ... There's no 'If you turn back I'll spare you' or anything. Just the assurance that he'll occasionally do a mind-invasion to make vague threats ... The only ''Intelligence'' we eventually received indicated a Triple-Ceremony this evening by a bunch of idiotic Necromancer-minions and other undead in 3 locations about 50 or so miles from one another, so those of us who ended up recruited into trying to contest this thing opted to split our forces. For instance I have a Shifter I work with who is leading a raid on a Temple with a bunch of our allies and a pack of demons he has forcibly bound to his will ... Not preferred allies but sometimes you have to do what you have to do, and ... use any and all tools available to prevent a bad outcome. Pragmatism wins out when one cannot afford the luxury of moral absoluteness, y-know-what-I-mean? ... "


Yojimbo listens to the Psi-Tech describe the situation. Normally, I would destroy such foul minions on sight, but...there is a greater evil which commands our attention at the present. This Shifter and his poor companion choices may have to wait...

"Indeed, there are times which one must put aside and tolerate a lesser evil for the sake of destroying a greater one. Consorting with such vile things is not the way to cleanse the world of their foul influence, but if I must, I will tolerate this Shifter and his dark minions - provided he keeps them strictly in line and does not delight or abide in any wicked behavior. He is fully responsible for their actions," says Yojimbo in reply.

Lahz wrote:"Nxla is remotely attacking people of our world by attacking folks' minds. If we knew where to find him I already would have multiple volleys of Long Range Missiles en route to that locale ... although it's likely we would need multiple armies if he ever actually came to this world ... Anyways, we don't have a location yet so we're wiping out his minions to try and preclude that scenario." responds the PA-clad Elf.


Lahz's comment stirs something in the Holy Terror. "Attacking minds, you say? I have had...some disturbing psychic experiences as of late... I wonder if this being could be tied to them?"

The armored behemoth describes his experiences, including the black icicles, pain, and dark effects of Nxla's psychic attacks.

"Where are you to meet the other groups? Should we head to them?" he asks.




Lahz wrote:"Anyone know a good Bar in Stormspire? ... "


OOC Comments
Presumably, folks pass on the radio frequency and an ear bud to Yojimbo so he can communicate on the radio as well...

"No, and if I did, I wouldn’t go anywhere near it," replies the Holy Terror ominously. ”Is that where we are to meet with the others?”

What is it with the humanoids on this planet and alcohol? It rots minds and poisons lives! he thinks darkly, recalling all the pain and suffering caused by the evil drink.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1027/1027
P.P.E.: 440/440
I.S.P.: 79/79


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:37 am

JiC: 1d100 = 79 / 1d20 = 2
Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 39

Temple Group

Ronan is taken aback by Vheld's resurrection and clasps Will on his shoulder with a grin. "Welcome back! Had us worried for a minute there. Looks like I don't need to go on a rampage after all, though, we might as well anyways once we get outta here." Ronan jests and looks to Vheld "You are most impressive, as is your willingness to retrieve an ally from death. It's a honor to fight alongside one such as yourself; aside from your mastery of darker minions as well." Ronan remarks. Anyone willing to do that to themselves for an ally, whether it be for necessity of the mission, or respect of the person, has my loyalty. Reminds me of William from the squad; hope those guys are okay. It's only been a few days, and with luck, I'm the only one listed as MIA and everyone else is celebrating another victory..

Ronan will maintain the silver walls while everyone gathers what little left they need to do and will be the second to last out through Vheld's portal. If/When Ronan sees Vheld go for the Harvester, Ronan will step by and add "Let me carry this sack of shite, if he becomes rowdy, I can just encase him in Silver and he'll hate his life." Ronan will drop the silver blade, though keep the lightblade up while holding the harvester.

If Vheld doesn't want Ronan to take the Harvester, he will just hold the rear until everyone leaves, and barring contingencies, go through the portal

Ronan will then go through the portal and follow Sil's lead, or anyone else, as they head back towards the vehicles.

APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 10
Parries [w/ LB]: 1d20+17 = 36 | 1d20+17 = 28 | 1d20+17 = 22 | 1d20+17 = 31 | 1d20+17 = 33 | 1d20+17 = 33 | 1d20+17 = 24 | 1d20+17 = 23
M.D.C. Regen: 1d6*10 = 60

A1: Stay back, watch walls, clasp Will on Shoulder, words
A2: Words. Offer to carry Harvester, drop Silver Blade
A3-8: Move through portal with mind shattered harvester and follow Sil or Wak back to the vehicles.

Contingency #1
If enemies break through the wall, and there is enough space to recreate them, he will re-erect the silver walls to allow freedom of movement for everyone else.
A3-7: Reform wall (20hx20wx8thick)
A8: Grab Harvester, go.

Contingency #2
If they break through and there is no time or space to reform a wall, he will charge the broken area with both blades and fall into a flurry while calling back. "I'll hold them back; get through the portal, I'll be right behind!"
A3: SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 22 | SB DMG: 1d6*10 = 20 || LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 24 | SB DMG: 1d6*10 = 60
A4: SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 30 | SB DMG: 1d6*10 = 10 || LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 28 | SB DMG: 1d6*10 = 50
A5: SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 16 | SB DMG: 1d6*10 = 50 || LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 13 | SB DMG: 1d6*10 = 30
A6: SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 31 | SB DMG: 1d6*10 = 40 || LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 23 | SB DMG: 1d6*10 = 50
A7: SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 18 | SB DMG: 1d6*10 = 30 || LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 31 | SB DMG: 1d6*10 = 30
A8: Retreat through the portal.

Contingency #3
If they do not break through, and everyone escapes as planned, and the Harvester Ronan is carrying fights back or even begins to twitch, Ronan will encase it in silver.
A3: Moving, Begin encase in silver
A4-5: Encase Object ~250-500lbs (small couch) in silver
A6-8: Keep moving.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:39 am

Perception: 1d100 = 21 / 73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 10

RUINS GROUP

CONDITIONS: John is Full Size, Pebbles, See Invisible, Radar to 900', and Can't be Touched by Undead.

John scootches very slowly over to the chatting group and whispers, “Undead you need silver or magic. That’s why I gave you a magic sword, Wolf. Like I said, you activate it by saying ‘Expecto Patronus!’ and pressing the button. It stings a bit. You might be able to paralyze them or something with psychic powers? I don't know about that.”

John thinks for a second. “Stealth isn’t my forte when I’m like this, but I can rush the guard. Otherwise, I’ll let softer people take point. Your call.”

How did Rocky get here? I thought he died. Huh.
Last edited by John Altfeld on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:44 am

Perception: 79% 1d100 = 33
JIC: 1d100 = 8 / 1d100 = 88

Meadow Group
Condition
Comments
OOC Comments
On a Ley Line
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.

  • Psychic Body Field 70/70 MDC


Jack ask Lahz and Minerva, “I think Minerva has a good idea, one of the parties is in there, right?”

Jack ask Minerva, “Minerva can I catch a ride for you again?” Jack will if he is invited, unless there is a useable one in the area. Jack check the northwest area where there were vehicles.

To the new one Jack speaks up, “Hey Mate, my names Jack. Thank you for the assist with those undead. We figured out that we needed magic to take them down.”

Lahz
"Anyone know a good Bar in Stormspire? ...
"

Jack says, “Lahz, sounds like a good idea there. Oye, do they have bars in Psyscape?”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:44 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 26
Init: 1d20 = 5
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 57
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 76
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 16


Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 49
Seymour:
[*]Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw


Skills Used
OOC Comments
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 67 - decent shots of dead enemies
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 68 - decent shots of dead hostages
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 5 - decent shots of portal/area
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 80 - decent shots of dead enemies
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 45 - decent shots of dead hostages
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 69 - decent shots of portal/area
Surveillance -- 54% / 1d100 = 82 - set camera on auto follow
Computer Operation 70% / 1d100 = 58 - video scan temple
Intelligence 40% / 1d100 = 74 - look for journals, paperwork… anything that will help learn their plans
Literacy: American -- 70% / 1d100 = 95 - read anything found
Prowl 76% / 1d100 = 23 - stay quiet
Lore: Magic
--General Knowledge: 50% / 1d100 = 16 - loot mystical stuff
--Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 40% / 1d100 = 77 - loot mystical stuff
--Recognize Enchantment: 32% / 1d100 = 90 - loot mystical stuff
Appraise Goods -- 37% / 1d100 = 77 - look for BM worthy items


Post -
Temple Group
Seymour stops mid stride and stares, slack jawed as Will stands up. ”What the frak?? He was Dead. I mean, DEAD.” He looks from Will to Vheld ”is it me or is he “glowing” as in more full of himself?” He looks back at Will as he hears will speak. With a smile, Seymour continues after Sil.

As Seymour approaches Sil and Vheld, he sees the mage open a portal. Seymour’s eyes get bigger as he gets closer. ”Wow!! Fucking Wow!!’ He stares in awe as Vheld does his thing. ’It is awesome….The amount of power in that man!! His rage for others contrasts his care for his familiar. He is amazing. He MUST teach me. “ As the feeling of awe dwindle to a bro-crush, Seymour takes a moment to think. ’Maybe if i offer up the book, he will let me learn?” He waits for the perfect time, which happens fairly soon.

Seeing Vheld standing off to the side, just looking at the silver wall, Seympour approaches him. ”Ahem, excuse me sir. While we were in the library, i found something. I am not sure if it is important or not, but in wanted you to see it first. If it is not a threst, great… but if it is a threat, you are the best to deal with it.” He presents the book. ((a leather bound, purple with fine gold trim, book with a silk tie knotting closed the contents within)) With a nod, he heads off to catch up with Sil.

Exitting the portal, Seymour looks around for his cargonaut. He will sepnd the next few moments trying to fiqure out where he left it.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:13 pm

**ROLLS HELD**

***MEADOWS GROUP***




Jack Killian wrote:To the new one Jack speaks up, “Hey Mate, my names Jack. Thank you for the assist with those undead. We figured out that we needed magic to take them down.”


"Hello, Jack," says the armored giant. "No problem at all. I abhor abominations such as those undead things. Silver and magic seem to be the most reliable ways to dispatch them - though, on some, psychic powers seem to work - as you are no doubt aware."

I knew another Jack, not long ago, in MercTown. Part of the Heroes for Hire... he thinks, remembering his brief foray with that group not long ago, before he was drawn into the cosmic conflict with the Mechanoids. Perhaps it is just a common name, but one wonders...

"I am curious, Jack - does your sword... well, does it... speak to you?" asks the Holy Terror, pointing at his head as if to emphasize the telepathic hint.

You're quiet... any comments on these folk or their mission? he thinks, willing his thoughts to the sword at his waist.

Jack Killian wrote:
Lahz wrote: Anyone know a good Bar in Stormspire? ...


Jack says, “Lahz, sounds like a good idea there. Oye, do they have bars in Psyscape?”


Psyscape? thinks the Holy Terror. Seems to ring a bell.... what do you know of the place? he asks his sword.
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C.: 1027/1027
P.P.E.: 440/440
I.S.P.: 79/79


Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
User avatar
Yojimbo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:20 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 14
JIC d20: 1d20 = 5 / d100: 1d100 = 90

Lexington Group

Conditions
OOC Comments
Comments
Six Sense
See Invisible
Crystal Armor 30 MDC + Force Field 70 MDC
Natural Ability

Shadow cloak, Shadow Meld: as per the spell at 5th level of proficiency (p.103, BoM) Activation Cost: 10 P.P.E.

Enhance Reflexes: ISP.: 10 This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens al natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).

Night Vision (4)
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% 1d100 = 47
•Range: 170’ To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences


INIT 1d20+2 = 6

Rocky smiles as the group talks, Well we would have gotten here sooner if they had followed me.

Rocky looks at the others and speaks softly, when informed that they have a zombie down the hall. Rocky speaks up,"I might be able to take it out. I have a Thunder gun, six rounds, good against magic things. I have a nexus grenade that can have several affects, but it takes a bunch of energy to use it. One thing it can do is close a rift, I also have a void grenade it will take out opponents in a large area for a short time. I do have a few other tricks up my sleeve.”

Rocky looks at the others very concerned, "Those with Magic need to take out the undead, if we get a group, we need to use the void grenade, reminder those will be gone for a short time so we need to concentrate on the others.”

Rocky proceeds, "Priority is stopping the ceremony, do this by rescue the hostages, get them out of here, kill the undead if you can, if not concentrate on the living with regular weapon. Saul is our magic user, Zion he is Anti Magic. Zion you need to help us take down the magic user, the rest that are using magic need to stay away from him. Spread out don’t bunch up, don’t need a lucky shot to take a group of us down. Wolf, Mierin, anyone want the void grenade? You can TK it closer if need be. John you do your thing and smash. Remember look for magic weapons to help yourself against the dead.”

Rocky talks to Saul, “I can open a hole and get some of these people out to Merctown. That leaves Zion and me stuck here Making a dash to the Inn to get to the Jeep and PA.”

Number of Attacks: 7
Action 1: Uses the Phase Sword Strike: 1d20+18 = 20 Damage: 4d6 = 12 M.D.
Action 2: Uses the Phase Sword Strike: 1d20+18 = 31 Damage: 4d6 = 14 M.D.
Action 3 Uses the Phase Sword Strike: 1d20+18 = 26 Damage: 4d6 = 14 M.D.
Action 4: Astral Hole if need to get out.
Action 5: Uses the Phase Sword Strike: 1d20+18 = 31 Damage: 4d6 = 14 M.D.
Action 6: Uses the Phase Sword Strike: 1d20+18 = 37 Damage: 4d6 = 14 M.D.
Action 7: Uses to phase out and behind the creature
Parry: 1d20+16 = 26 , 1d20+16 = 24 , 1d20+16 = 27 , 1d20+16 = 24 , 1d20+16 = 27 , 1d20+16 = 27 , 1d20+16 = 31
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:17 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

"I am curious, Jack - does your sword... well, does it... speak to you?" asks the Holy Terror, pointing at his head as if to emphasize the telepathic hint.


Jack speaks up, “Aye mate, the sword speaks to me. As a matter of fact, it told me that it wasn’t doing any good against the undead and to try something else. For the Psi a few used TK to pick up and keep the walking bags of skin and bones off of me. Can you charge my pistol.” Jack holds it out.
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:25 am

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 83 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 30

Condition: Shadow Meld (from armor; ??/40 melees); Sixth Sense (untriggered?)

Lexington Ruins Group

Saul is somewhat relieved to join back up with Rocky. He hadn't known him long but had developed a sense of responsibility toward Rocky and the members of MARS. As they plant he next step, Saul will pull PPE from the Ley Line to replenish his reserves (+10 PPE/round - let me know how much he can pull during the conversation please)

Mierin wrote:”We need to go down that passageway. There's a souless zombie guarding a heavy stone door. I'm betting that's where the ritual is happening. We need to take it out quickly and quietly. I'd shoot it with my rifle, but last time I tried that it had no effect.”


Saul nods. "Agreed."

Saul considers the Xombie with regard to Mierin's report of its apparent immunities.

Lore: Demons & Monsters 35% 1d100 = 33 (SUCCESS)
Lore: Magic (General Knowledge) 55% 1d100 = 41 (SUCCESS)

Given her report, though, he assumes magic and magical weapons will affect it just fine.

Wolf wrote:"So if your rifle didn't work, what did? I only have 12 silver rounds so they are going to have to share. Also I don't have a quiet way to take things out. I will remain ready to support if it goes loud."


"Magic, my friend." Saul responds. "When nothing else works... the answer is magic."

Perhaps not as axiomatic as that, but true enough for most purposes.

John wrote:“Undead you need silver or magic. That’s why I gave you a magic sword, Wolf. Like I said, you activate it by saying ‘Expecto Patronus!’ and pressing the button. It stings a bit."


As Saul is prepared to offer leadership, Rocky speaks up.

Rocky wrote:"I might be able to take it out. I have a Thunder gun, six rounds, good against magic things. I have a nexus grenade that can have several affects, but it takes a bunch of energy to use it. One thing it can do is close a rift, I also have a void grenade it will take out opponents in a large area for a short time. I do have a few other tricks up my sleeve.”

"Those with Magic need to take out the undead, if we get a group, we need to use the void grenade, reminder those will be gone for a short time so we need to concentrate on the others.”

"Priority is stopping the ceremony, do this by rescue the hostages, get them out of here, kill the undead if you can, if not concentrate on the living with regular weapons. Saul is our magic user, Zion he is Anti Magic. Zion you need to help us take down the magic user, the rest that are using magic need to stay away from him. Spread out don’t bunch up, don’t need a lucky shot to take a group of us down. Wolf, Mierin, anyone want the void grenade? You can TK it closer if need be. John you do your thing and smash. Remember look for magic weapons to help yourself against the dead.”

“I can open a hole and get some of these people out to Merctown. That leaves Zion and me stuck here Making a dash to the Inn to get to the Jeep and PA.”


Saul regards the human with newfound admiration. He is taciturn usually... but this is a sound strategy. "Of course. Let us go."

Saul, enshrouded by his armor's Shadow Meld feature, takes up a point halfway up and on the left side of the passage (30' from Xombie), and prepares to enspell the xombie as the others take aim or attack with whatever magic they may have.

Prowl 60% 1d100 = 8 (from Shadow Meld - SUCCESS)

With luck we make short work of this undead, and then get inside to the real fight before the ritual finishes.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 15
APM 6

Action 1: take position, trigger Armor of Ithan from his mage armor. (-10 PPE)
Action 2: cast Electric Arc (-8 PPE); 1d20+2 = 19; Damage 2d6 = 7 MD
Action 3: cast Electric Arc (-8 PPE); 1d20+2 = 16; Damage 2d6 = 11 MD
Action 4: cast Electric Arc (-8 PPE); 1d20+2 = 14; Damage 2d6 = 6 MD
Action 5: cast Electric Arc (-8 PPE); 1d20+2 = 17; Damage 2d6 = 8 MD
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge; 1d20+3 = 9

Total PPE spent: 42 PPE
Total PPE drawn from Ley Line: at least 10
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 91/107
I.S.P.: 81/81

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:19 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image


Stormspire Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2300
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Northeast of the Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Yojimbo (Roughnecks; walking)
Zed (Roughnecks; walking)

After some time acquainting themselves with the newcomer, Minerva finds her Black Talon Motorcycle in good working order though thoroughly rain-slicked. Jack hops onto the cramped rear half of the seat and holds tight. Lahz gets his Marauder in motion, and Zed hitches a ride on the Marauder's shoulder as he doesn't wish to bereft of energy in an emergency like last time. Being the slowest moving member of the strange cravan, Yojimbo follows along behind Lahz's Marauder at a constant, sprint. Managing the rough, muddy ride to Stormspire takes over an hour, but much to everyone's relief, the intensity of the storm greatly abates to a mere, constant drizzle. Arriving on the outskirts of Stormspire, those familiar with Merctown immediately see that marketing and word of mouth has dramatically oversold Stormspire's grandeur. There are no imposing, massive walls garrisoned by trained and armed protectors. There are no well-defined city limits. There is only an incoherent sprawl of makeshift streets, structures (everything from wood and tin shacks to the grand tower near the center of town), debris, and mud...everywhere mud. Most of the streets are unpaved, and so the heavy rains have mixed with the flotsam & waste of the city's inhabitants and transients to create a remarkably terrible sludge which fills the streets, stinks to high heaven, and sucks at both armor-shod feet and wheels alike. Lighting is sporadic at best, with the center of town glowing faintly on the skyline as indication that some areas are better maintained than others. A couple of lighted windows in a nearby quonset hut structure suggest an open tavern, and as the party stop to consider their options, the distant sound of a burst of ballistic weapons fire breaks the monotony of the drizzling rain and the whine of Minerva's motorcycle engine.
For those with direct experience of Stormspire
Stormspire has over six dozen taverns, three dozen boarding houses, a gladiatorial arena, two gambling casinos, several body-chop-shops (and Cyber-Snatcher gangs), movie theaters, houses of pleasure, drug dens, and scores of shops selling just about everything imaginable. As one might imagine, such a place is not particularly safe. Brawls, theft, duels, gunfights, and all manner of crime runs rampant there. Furthermore, Cyber-Snatchers, bandits, the Grim Reapers, Society of Sages, the Cult of Dragonwright, the True Federation, various Necromancer groups and several other magic societies, cults and brotherhoods operate (usually openly) in Stormspire. One Coalition spy reported it as being the equivalent of the worst Chi-Town Burb without the police or military to keep the peace.


Soulharvest Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2202
Environmental Effects: 85°, oppressively humid; night time/dark
Ley Line: 5 miles long, 500' thick, East-West axis, centered on Temple Mound; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: in the wilderness South of Stormspire & East-Northeast of Dunscon; perhaps an hour from the region/forest known as Soulharvest

Order of Battle
Mouser
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)

Ronan exhorts his new comrades and watches their back while Vheld gets into motion. Vheld has apparently lost all interest in the mind-shattered Harvester. William rises to his feet, responds to his comrades, persuades the small crowd of civilians to follow Vheld, then follows their lead as he soaks in what mystic energy he can. Existential problems plague his thoughts, and he finds himself metaphysically lost and without direction beyond the short-term goal of escaping this physical hell. Wakiza prompts Vheld as the group strides as one toward the lintel arch, "So we can tempt fate and try the portal that the necro used, or I can fly up and teleport back to our RV, and come in grenades blazing to pick you all up. What do you think? And remember we have these civilians to look after." Wakiza then looks up, realizes he's inside of a giant rock with no obvious skylight, and shrugs off his hare-brained notion as a consequence of the adrenaline.

Seymour mutters at and presents the book to Vheld: a leather bound, purple with fine gold trim, book with a silk tie knotting closed the contents within. Vheld takes the book, crosses the chamber back towards the lintel archway (120'/2 actions), and casts a transportation spell in front of the archway. He snarls at Wakiza, "Get them out of here, cyber-knight." He casts a communication invocation, and commands Sshir, "Retrieve all of my property and return it and yourself to the ARTV as quickly as you can." He then secures the sack around Sil's neck and waits while everyone rushes through the portal.

Sil leaps through the portal, followed by the civilians, then Seymour (who forgets behind his drone), then Will, then Wakiza. Vheld and Ronan are the last ones remaining in the chamber when a pair of strange-sounding explosions go off to the South--the blocked entrances--and a stream of undead literally fills the passageways on either side and en route to the chamber. The shrouded heads of a few Harvesters can be seen among them. Everyone's through but themselves, so Ronan jumps through in a hurry followed by Vheld himself...and the portal closes behind him. Once stepped through, Vheld finds himself back where they started just outside the temple. Everyone's rushing south in the direction of the distant ATRV. Seymour inquires as he follows about the Cargonaut and is reminded that they ditched that many miles back in the deep forest long before they reached the outskirts of the temple. Looking back, Vheld finds good reason why Sil seems to have not retrieved the wraith's body: the horde of undead simply cover the steps and platform, and continue to stream in from the West. Seemingly unnoticed by the single-minded undead, they begin their journey through the dark, muddy forest to the waiting ATRV hidden a few miles distant.
(You can all assume you make it back safely to the ATRV.)
Last Look Back
Image


Lexington Ruins Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2030
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Zion (MARS)


Mierin points out the passageway to everyone. "There's a soulless xombie guarding a heavy stone door. I'm betting that's where the ritual is happening. We need to take it out quickly and quietly. I'd shoot it with my rifle, but last time I tried that it had no effect."

Wolf gets his guns out and whispers in reply, "So if your rifle didn't work, what did? I only have twelve silver rounds, so they are going to have to share. Also, I don't have a quiet way to take things out. I will remain ready to support if it goes loud."

Zion adds, "Sorry but I ain't got anyt'ing, neither. Dose anyone know if magic can hurt dem and if so can anyone use it?"

Saul responds, "Magic, my friend. When nothing else works, the answer is magic."

A very large pile of rocks known as John comments, "Undead you need silver or magic. That’s why I gave you a magic sword, Wolf. Like I said, you activate it by saying 'Expecto Patronus!' and pressing the button. It stings a bit. You might be able to paralyze them or something with psychic powers? I don't know about that. Stealth isn’t my forte when I’m like this, but I can rush the guard. Otherwise, I’ll let softer people take point. Your call."

Rocky adds to the conversation a veritable manifest of the stuff he has draped about his person, their applicable usage in this context, a brief discourse on small unit tactics, and tactical suggestions. After this lengthy discourse, Saul triggers his suit's magical force field as an indication of his preparation. The xombie at the end of the hallway apparently catches wind of all the discussion and raises the alarm by moaning loudly.

GM NOTES:
  • Super-lengthy dialogs & combat actions don't mix well together. As only a few players had combat actions posted, I'm not using any of them but Saul's AoI-action. Combat posts if you're gonna do this!
  • Map is unchanged

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Jack Killian: -119 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-18 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
John Altfeld:
Lahz: (Sustain active), -56 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -33 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; -30 M.D. to Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED; -22 personal M.D.
Saul: -16 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins)
Seymour:
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Sshir: -36 M.D.C.
Vheld: P.P.E. tracked in sig-line; -2 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: 3 H.P. only
Wolf Whitaker:
Zed: 177 P.P.E.; Energy Sphere: 300 P.P.E.
Zion: -30 ISP
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5320
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 88 EP CRIT
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 23

FOR REAL RUINS GROUP

CONDITIONS: John is Full Size, Pebbles, See Invisible, Radar to 900', and Can't be Touched by Undead.

As soon as the Soulless starts moaning, John exclaims, "Oh, for fuck's sake!" and is in motion.

Combat is ON
Initiative: 1d20+13 = 18

He rolls around his allies and the Soulless at top speed, bursting through the stone door behind it, as only a man made of tiny, sad rocks can. (At top speed, this is negligible to John and breaking down a door wouldn't slow him with his SN PS, if you need to drop an action, move Action 1 down to Action 2 and so on...)

He bursts into the next room - hopefully the ritual chamber.

IF THE NEXT ROOM IS THE RITUAL CHAMBER
John instantly takes in the overall situation (EP Crit on Perception Above).

Action 1: John Body Blocks the largest group of undead and Harvesters. Strike: 1d20+10 = 12 Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 142
Action 2: Blob and Attack Strike: 1d20+10 = 18 Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 132

"Get out of here," he shouts to the civilians. "Stairs to the surface are just outside!"

Action 3: Strike: 1d20+10 = 17 Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 112
Action 4: Strike: 1d20+10 = 20 Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 142
Action 5: Strike: 1d20+10 = 20 Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 142
Action 6: Strike: 1d20+10 = 20 Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 92
Action 7: Strike: 1d20+10 = 29 Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 112
Action 8: Strike: 1d20+10 = 12 Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 132
Action 9: Strike: 1d20+10 = 15 Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 92

Priority Tree for Action 1: Do not harm civilians, Catch multiple Harvesters, If it's impossible to rush multiple Harvesters, the priority is to catch as many undead on the way to a single Harvester as possible.

Priority Tree for Action 2: If, in Action 1, John knocked a bunch of opponents down, he sits on them (John weighs 12 tons at full size). Priority sitting targets are Harvesters, followed by Murder Wraiths if he has to choose. If any Harvesters remain free, John Grapples it (reach is 45 feet). If all Harvesters are under John's body, he grapples a Murder Wraith. If Harvesters and Murder Wraiths are all being sat on, John grapples the Soulless closest to the civilians that he can reach. Failing all that, he grabs any undead near the civilians. If catching additional Harvesters/Murder Wraiths requires standing up and releasing any sat-on enemies that are not Harvesters/Murder Wraiths, he does so.

Priority Tree for Action 3: If there are only 2 Harvesters and one remains free, John grapples it. If there are more than 2 Harvesters and John has 2 grappled, he lashes out at an additional Harvester, with the grappled body of one of its friends (punch-style). If all Harvesters are grappled, John uses 2 actions to "Landslide Attack" one into his body. If John has a free hand and all Harvesters are grappled or in his body, John grapples a Murder Wraith. If both hands are full and any Harvesters or Murder Wraiths remain free, Landslide Attack (2 actions) Harvesters first, then Murder Wraiths into John's body. If catching additional Harvesters/Murder Wraiths requires standing up and releasing any sat-on enemies that are not Harvesters/Murder Wraiths, he does so. If all Harvesters/Murder Wraiths are grappled, in John's body, or dead, John moves on to grapple the Soulless.

Priority Tree for Action 4: As Action 3.

Priority Tree for Action 5: As Action 3.

Priority Tree for Action 6: As Action 3.

Priority Tree for Action 7: As Action 3.

Priority Tree for Action 8: As Action 3.

Priority Tree for Action 9: As Action 3.

IF THE RITUAL IS NOT THROUGH THE FIRST DOOR
John continues moving at top speed through the following rooms until he reaches it and proceeds as above. John can move at .157 miles per action.

IF JOHN IS TARGETED WITH SPELLS/PSIONICS
EP Purchase up to 5 Crit Saves against Mind Control, Agony, Empathic Transmission, Bio-Manipulation Paralysis, Horror Saves.

Parries: 1d20+14 = 23, 1d20+14 = 17, 1d20+14 = 19, 1d20+14 = 23, 1d20+14 = 25, 1d20+14 = 21, 1d20+14 = 25, 1d20+14 = 18

Auto-Dodges (against ranged attacks): 1d20+1 = 21, 1d20+1 = 9, 1d20+1 = 3, 1d20+1 = 8, 1d20+1 = 21, 1d20+1 = 9, 1d20+1 = 15

General Saves (+6 vs. Horror and Psionics, +12 vs. Magic): 1d20 = 7, 1d20 = 9, 1d20 = 9, 1d20 = 18, 1d20 = 9, 1d20 = 4
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:40 am

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 9 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: 1d100 = 26

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Furious / Vengeful], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [---/160]

ISP: [-56] 155/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 41



MEADOWS GROUP

Yojimbo wrote:"Not a problem at all. Most people on this world have not heard of my kind. I am a Holy Terror... we are known as staunch foes of supernatural evil. My kind were stranded in another dimension called Wormwood, and have never found our way back to our homeworld. Though it may appear to you that I am some kind of golem or magical robot, I assure you that I am, in fact, alive." To emphasize his point, he holds up one arm and claws it with his other arm, gouging it deeply. He then holds it up so all can see it bio-regenerate in a matter of seconds. (ooc: think Wolverine's healing factor, but without any blood - the wound closes in front of your eyes)


**Hmmmm ... Holy? Seems a bit conceited ... I wonder if he knows that is exactly what would happen to a Golem ... Hell there are cyborgs who can do that, I guess those guys are alive still.**

Yojimbo wrote:"No, and if I did, I wouldn’t go anywhere near it," replies the Holy Terror ominously. ”Is that where we are to meet with the others?”


Striding towards Stormspire in a downpour Lahz responds as he picks his way towards civilization, "Spoken like a fellow who hasn't lost something or someone that couldn't be replaced Fella ... A nickel's worth of free advice my large new friend, I tell you as a father who has buried a daughter, and a husband who has buried a wife, sometimes a barstool is the only time machine available to hear them laugh again ... No hard location was set for meeting the others, but a Bar has the combined benefits of being Dry, Open ... and they usually have chicken wings.”

Jack wrote:“Lahz, sounds like a good idea there. Oye, do they have bars in Psyscape?”


"Grew up there and they have bars, but that was decades ago, so old watering holes may have closed. When I go home, my first stop is always for pancakes ... ” Trudging through the rain, the Psi-Tech ponders the Tech-blades and their wearers with curiosity.


================================

Stormspire Ambience wrote:There is only an incoherent sprawl of makeshift streets, structures (everything from wood and tin shacks to the grand tower near the center of town), debris, and mud...everywhere mud. Most of the streets are unpaved, and so the heavy rains have mixed with the flotsam & waste of the city's inhabitants and transients to create a remarkably terrible sludge which fills the streets, stinks to high heaven, and sucks at both armor-shod feet and wheels alike. Lighting is sporadic at best, with the center of town glowing faintly on the skyline as indication that some areas are better maintained than others. A couple of lighted windows in a nearby quonset hut structure suggest an open tavern, and as the party stop to consider their options, the distant sound of a burst of ballistic weapons fire breaks the monotony of the drizzling rain and the whine of Minerva's motorcycle engine


Ensconced within the Marauder's air filtration systems the Elf still crinkles his nose at the sewage flowing the streets, **Bloody hell, I am going to need one of Vheld's spells to clean this thing out after this mission.**

"Folks I think we can find something a little more high end than this don't you? ... ”
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

PreviousNext

Return to Spook Squad/Roughnecks/MARS Joint Adventure (19 PCs)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests